PDA

View Full Version : Interlaced Video

ShadowDweller
24th January 2002, 17:32
I posted this question in other forums but I didn't get any responce. What I want to do is reauthor the Dude, Where's my car movie. On the original DVD there is a cool video called "Stoopid Ass" and I want to include that on the DVD that I will be creating but when I use DVD2AVI it says the video is NTSC Interlaced. I was using TMPGEnc to IVTC according to Doom9's guide but when I take away all the interlaced scenes the video is out of sync with the video. I see all these posts about AVISynth on how to deinterlace but I don't know how to begin... Could someone please help me out.. or show me how to use the avisynth program to deinterlace the video without the audio being out of sync

25th January 2002, 06:37
With all due respect, you're not getting any responses because your message verges on incoherency. For example, you say that you have interlaced video and that you want to use IVTC to remove it. But that makes no sense because IVTC is used to restore progressive frames from telecined sources. For pure interlaced video, you simply want to deinterlace; that is not the same thing as IVTC. Second, what do you mean by take away the interlaced scenes? You just said you wanted to include them. Then you say the "video is out of sync with the video". Deinterlacing will not affect video/audio sync.

You need to simply get Dividee's port of Smart Deinterlacer for Avisynth. Then use that filter on your interlaced video.

Also see my response to your other post.

daxab
26th January 2002, 05:59
...and another option, if you have actual interlaced source, is to just encode interlaced in MPEG-2, if your target is DVD or SVCD format. But if your target compressor doesn't support interlaced video, you will want to deinterlace.

JimmyBarnes
3rd February 2002, 00:11
Originally posted by daxab
...and another option, if you have actual interlaced source, is to just encode interlaced in MPEG-2, if your target is DVD or SVCD format. But if your target compressor doesn't support interlaced video, you will want to deinterlace.

Is there a guide which explains when and how to deinterlace?

I'm in the same boat as ShadowDweller - hear a lot about how interlacing is "bad". Your post indicates in some cases it's OK. Also, what the heck is IVTC, and what is its significance to DivX encoding?

A lucid guide would be much appreciated :)

thanx
JB

daxab
3rd February 2002, 06:19
I don't know if there is a guide, but there is certainly a lot of info on this topic out there. May I suggest web searches on "deinterlace" and "IVTC". Also you may want to surf over to Donald Graft's web site (search "Donald Graft") and read about the Smart Deinterlacer VirtualDub filter.