PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Single Episode from Multiple Episode DVDS

chipalva
24th January 2002, 16:16
Is there a way to rip only part of a DVD and still have it be readable? I have limited hard disk space and want to rip episodes of Sopranos one at a time. I've been able to rip and play the first one just fine. It's the next one I can't figure out how to do. I'm using SmartRipper. I've tried using the "Movie" method and going for the second program stream but it won't play back. Any suggestion?

UHT
24th January 2002, 19:25
check what chapters each episode occurs within and then just rip those chapters

Nic
24th January 2002, 20:43
I ripped the Soprano's DVDs with no problem, But I used VStrip, I dont know why SmartRipper would fail though, each episode is easily divided into its own PGC.

-Nic

muralin
27th April 2002, 00:24
use dvd2avi & select the start & end. then save the project. works gr8. i made an avi file for each episode. with divx, u can put 2 episodes to a CD.

man_friday
5th May 2002, 15:40
1. Smart Ripper in movie mode to extract individual episodes, These show up as 4 different Angles.
2. DVD2AVI to save each episode so you have a small *.D2V file and 500+MB WAV file. You may have to experiment with which VOB file you use as DVD2AVI can pick the wrong file (not sure why). Point DVD2AVI at the largest VOB file and it will work out which others to attach.
3. TmpgENC to finsih off.

Hope this helps

man_friday
5th May 2002, 16:53
1. Smart Ripper in movie mode to extract individual episodes, These show up as 4 different Angles.
2. DVD2AVI to save each episode so you have a small *.D2V file and 500+MB WAV file. You may have to experiment with which VOB file you use as DVD2AVI can pick the wrong file (not sure why). Point DVD2AVI at the largest VOB file and it will work out which others to attach.
3. TmpgENC to finsih off.

Hope this helps