PDA

View Full Version : Text or image to DVD video? Can it be done for free?

cafevincent
8th April 2009, 17:48
My boss wants me to make a video DVD for displaying a simple "Ladies' Night" discount on the screens in his pub. So I'm looking for an app that can do this for free. The result should be as compatible as possible. A simple slideshow will do the trick as I can put the text in to the pictures by other means but even better would be if I could create a menu for a few different discount screens. There must be a free program that can handle a simple job like this..?

poisondeathray
8th April 2009, 18:21
If you want a DVD slideshow, check out DVD Slideshow GUI

If you want to overlay text or images on an existing video, you can use avisynth, but there will be some basic script writing involved

You could author the assets in a DVD authoring program (e.g. GUIForDVD Author, DVDAuthorGUI, DVD Styler, etc...) to generate menu links to different screens

All free

cafevincent
8th April 2009, 20:21
If you want a DVD slideshow, check out DVD Slideshow GUI

If you want to overlay text or images on an existing video, you can use avisynth, but there will be some basic script writing involved

You could author the assets in a DVD authoring program (e.g. GUIForDVD Author, DVDAuthorGUI, DVD Styler, etc...) to generate menu links to different screens

All free

DVDslideshowGUI did the trick well. Thank you for the help!