PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been able to get VirtualDub's segment capture to work properly?

catback
19th January 2002, 15:19
Hi,

I'm trying to get this feature to work but seem to be having some trouble. I'm using version 1.4c currently on an Athlon 1.2 GHz running Win98.

My goal is to capture in YUY2, 352x240, Huffyuv and PCM 44.1KHz in 4 gig segments in a folder on one drive. I've set the threshold to 50, max file size to 3998 MB and have only specified only one path since I want all the segments to be located on one drive. However, it never captures in 4 gig segments. Instead, I get a bunch of 112 MB segments.

Anyone been able to get this to work properly?

Thanks.

Rob-eee
19th January 2002, 21:42
It works for me.
I left the sizes at their default i.e not smaller than 50MB and not greater than 1900MB (I thought 2Gig was the maximum size of an AVI file anyway?). Add a spill drive - I just use c: and then tick Enable Multisegment Capture.

I'm running Win98SE with FAT32 if that helps.

Anyway

Cheers

catback
20th January 2002, 00:45
For some reason, it captures in segments fine now. Thanks for your reply.

By the way, I'm able to capture 4 gig avi segments using huffyuv and cd quality audio with no problems. The resulting file can be played back fine as well. Not sure what the 2 gig restriction refers to. I know the 4 gig restriction is with the FAT32 file system.