PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to make a player that can shift audio in REALTIME - please read!

eterna111
18th January 2002, 21:46
Hey.

A little offtopic, but I want to know if this is possible, and you developers should know it :)

Anyway, a little while ago I downloaded Brotherhood.Of.The.Wolf.2001.DVDiVX-COLLiSiON, and I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, but the audio is out of sync with the picture (it's lagging 100ms). And anyway, I know it's easy to fix this in Nandub (and I have to do it for a lot of the movies I download), but yet:

I'm looking for a player that has a slider or some other way to offset the audio and/or video IN REALTIME, so that I don't have to write a new file with new audiosettings (like it's possible to do with Nandub) in order to watch content that has been encoded with sync-problems (i.e. poor audioplacement).

It's difficult to understand why there isn't a good plugin for WinAmp that can do this (with the right codecs installed, of course). I know VidAmp plays most content though, but it doesn't do what I outlined above, i.e.

I realize it must be much harder for a programmer to delay the video than audio (if the audio is delayed after the video), but still, can't someone write either a plugin for a wellknown and widely used program (like WinAmp) or a new program?

Thanks!

Eterna

eterna111
20th January 2002, 05:31
Um, 29 reads and no replies?

Don't any of you even have any opinions about such a player/plugin, or if it's possible to program?

Wondering,

Eterna

DSPguru
20th January 2002, 05:35
it it possible, and it's even easy. but I won't have time to implement it for you.
what you need is a cyclic buffer with two pointers p1,p2, which obey : abs(p1-p2)=60*1000*fs/100;
when fs is the sampling frequency, and 100 is the delay in miliseconds.

Nic
20th January 2002, 11:00
Not quite what you want but...

In the software section is a program called synchronizer which can delay the audio of a file without having to re-mux it. (you just click apply changes and its done)

(I cant remember if it works on VBR MP3 files, but I think it does)

That might help u a bit.

Cheers,
-Nic

eterna111
20th January 2002, 23:20
DSPguru: Thanks for the advice, but I'm no programmer, so I hope someone else will do something about it.

Nic: Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out promptly.

...so what do you guys do when you get movies which have this problem? Manually resync with Nandub? Use that "Synchronizer"-program? Go buy the DVD instead? :P

eterna

DSPguru
20th January 2002, 23:34
i always say : if you love the film/album, go and buy it :D.

eterna111
23rd January 2002, 01:04
Do you know where I can download it from? It's not in doom9.net's Download-section. Thanks,

eterna

Nic
23rd January 2002, 10:41
Ok,
1) Goto www.doom9.org
2) Click on Download
3) When that pages loads it has a title saying Useful Software, under that is a link to the "Main Software Page" click on that
4) Then search for synchronizer 0.5 and download

Hope that helps, its not on the shorter download page but the main download page. The link is http://www.doom9.org/software2.htm

-Nic

BlackSun
25th January 2002, 10:14
5°) Stop download illegal DivX movizzzzzzzzzzzz
ROTFL :D

ciler
25th January 2002, 21:29
:devil:
@BlackSun : Maybe you should consider stopping making fun of Eterna and adding the idea to the todo list of PDNG ?
BTW, as soon as you'll have time considering the problems you might have due to Dina...

BlackSun
28th January 2002, 15:01
It's not really possible

DSPguru
25th July 2002, 05:00
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/sslide.htm

avih
25th July 2002, 10:08
yup, i was thinking the same as dspguru ;) analogx has such an app to DELAY the audio.

and on a private build of ffdshow i've added a feature to delay the VIDEO (if you use both together, you can offset the audio relative to the video either positive or negative). haven't heard of a single app tp do that though..

but, what's wrong with re-interleaving the clip to sync it??

BlackSun
27th July 2002, 08:40
Oh finally I've made some testing with a winamp DSP plugins and DirectShow and it worked fine :)