PDA

View Full Version : Gordian Knot frustrations :(

dragonsfire
20th September 2008, 19:11
Having real problems trying to rip from vob to avi.
Normaly i use DVDx but its become a real disappointment in that it gives more "too many sample" errors then actual finished vid. Have been trying Auto Gordian knot but it does not give the quality i want. Now been using Gordian Knot and I get the good video but it did not combine the Audio. When I try and manually combine them using Virtual dub or Avidemux I get garbled audio and jumpy video or some audio then huge blank areas. Last night I did another rip of a TV show DVD and I got a audio tracj but it did not produce a video file. No errors came up from Gordiaon knot, it finished the job and shut down the machine.

????????????? Help

CWR03
21st September 2008, 01:20
Post your logfiles of the unsuccessful jobs you mentioned. If your PC shut down and you didn't have that option checked, you may have a computer hardware issue.

dragonsfire
21st September 2008, 20:09
Thanks!, added both, as i said the last one didnt even do the video.
I used the tutorial @ gkt35webmaster@gmail.com

CWR03
22nd September 2008, 05:13
Rather than as a compressed attachment, post your logfiles as text and wrapped with the [ code] [ /code] tags.

dragonsfire
22nd September 2008, 17:37
Its too long, I get "Please shorten it to 16000 characters long"

CWR03
23rd September 2008, 01:50
Your attachment was approved, but I don't see anything really wrong other than it looks like you're trying to IVTC the video, is that correct? Assuming it's a region 1 disk, you should run it through DGIndex but click Video > Field Operation > Forced Film, then save, then in Gordian Knot just leave it at the default "None" under Field processing.

Unless you're making files for a standalone player, I would recomend x264 over DivX. For that you'll need to track down the last VfW build.

Edit: forgot about the second log - it looks like you clicked the button to process only the audio. Gotta remember to return to the codec tab and click the Encode button.