PDA

View Full Version : Size in Nandub

MaNguS
17th January 2002, 18:59
Hi guys i am having a problem getting a small file size. whatever i do it comes out to around 1gb.. i have drf of 2,10 keyfram quality of 4,31 , bitrate of 890 for 1hr40min movie.. i dont know what im doing wrong. can someone please help? i read koepi's article but cant seem to figure why it turns out around 1gb.. i resize in gknot then load the avs into nandub. after that i run normal recompress. am i doing anything wrong. please give suggestions thanx.
Mangus

Ripe73
17th January 2002, 20:00
Maybe the movie compress well and you cant reach your size,try a higher resolution or add more audio

triffid
19th January 2002, 08:01
ok u want to make it smaller right? one thing to try is lowering the min bitrate. You can raise the DRF some more also, but im not sure if i'd recommend it.
You can reduce the number of keyframes by setting interval to 9999 and internal SCD to 100% (only allowing keyframes on scene changes).
Also, you can encode the audio at a lower bitrate. I find 128kbps CBR MP3 is good enough quality, but you could try VBR 96-128kbps to drop the filesize without losing too much quality.

reducing the resolution helps a lot...i dont go above 512 by xxx on anything.

make sure you crop off any black borders before resizing, as edges on black are hard for divx to handle well, and take up a lot of space.

hope this helps
triffid

Pikoa
20th January 2002, 05:54
Mangus,

Did you turn on "MIN-QUAL"? make sure its set to 0 to turn this function off. This was the setting that kept me stuck when I fist started.

Pikoa:)

FreierGeist
22nd January 2002, 06:35
i didnt get your point
but, if your trying a 2CD rip, i suggest you lowering your DRF 2-5(6) and setting a keyframe interval around of 10sec
if your trying a 1CD rip, you can lower your video bitrate
sorry for my english and i hope it helps
:)

[]s