PDA

View Full Version : I need to embed subtitles to a video.

hoboX10
24th August 2008, 22:54
I tried doing it with Avidemux with both a h.264/aac and an xvid/mp3 version of the video and it always gives me a fatal error, no matter how many times I try. And it's the latest version.

The subs are in .ass so VirtualDub won't taket them. Does anyone know where I can download a program to hardsub the video with the subtitles?

HymnToLife
24th August 2008, 23:06
ftp://sigmatek-players.com/sigma/downloads/files/VirtualDubMod-Filtre_TextSub_SRT-v.2.23.zip

Extract, copy the vdf into VDub's plugins directory, the filter is called TextSub (yes, it does support ASS).

hoboX10
24th August 2008, 23:18
I'm not able to open the video in VirtualDub because it's in .mp4 but even though I used MKVtoolnix to put it in MKV when I loaded it in VDMod it gave me an error and refused to open it.

Thanks very much anyway, but anything else in mind?

HymnToLife
24th August 2008, 23:19
AviSynth, using FFMpegSource() to open your video. Then you can add the subtitles either in vdub or directly in AnviSynth.

hoboX10
24th August 2008, 23:24
AviSynth, using FFMpegSource() to open your video. Then you can add the subtitles either in vdub or directly in AnviSynth.

I wouldn't understand how do that without a step-by-step. Though I'm willing to learn :]

HymnToLife
25th August 2008, 00:12
Install AviSynth, download the FFMpegSource and VSFilter plugins (Google is your friend) and place them in AviSynth's plugins directory (C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins). Then open Notepad and create a file like this:

FFMpegSource("C:\path\to\file.mp4")
TextSub("C:\path\to\script.ass")

Save it as something.avs, open in VDub, encode, you're there :)

hoboX10
25th August 2008, 00:19
Install AviSynth, download the FFMpegSource and VSFilter plugins (Google is your friend) and place them in AviSynth's plugins directory (C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins). Then open Notepad and create a file like this:

FFMpegSource("C:\path\to\file.mp4")
TextSub("C:\path\to\script.ass")

Save it as something.avs, open in VDub, encode, you're there :)

Would downloading those FFMpegSource and VSFilter interfere with the codec-pack I have installed? (CCCP)

setarip_old
25th August 2008, 00:29
Hi!I tried doing it with Avidemux with both a h.264/aac and an xvid/mp3 version of the videoI'm not able to open the video in VirtualDub because it's in .mp4There's certainly no reason you'd be unable to load an XviD/.MP3 video into VirtualDub.

Please explain...

Also, why didn't you simply incorporate the subtitles when you initially created the h.264/aac and XviD/.MP3 files?

hoboX10
25th August 2008, 00:33
Hi!There's certainly no reason you'd be unable to load an XviD/.MP3 video into VirtualDub.

Please explain...

Also, why didn't you simply incorporate the subtitles when you initially created the h.264/aac and XviD/.MP3 files?

Alright. I was talking about both the h.264 and the XviD versions gave me fatal errors in Avidemux. I really don't want to sub the XviD version, just the h.264 version. I only did the XviD as a test, which told me Avidemux gives me a fatal error when I try to sub anything.

Also, I did not create this video. That's why I'm trying to subtitle it now. I want to keep it in h.264/AAC at the same time though.

ukendt
25th August 2008, 19:16
You stated : Also, I did not create this video.
Watch it pal....

hoboX10
25th August 2008, 23:21
You stated : Also, I did not create this video.
Watch it pal....

I didn't personally create it. What's the big deal?

ukendt
26th August 2008, 21:54
That's the big deal....

hoboX10
26th August 2008, 22:21
That's the big deal....

My friend could have?

setarip_old
26th August 2008, 22:45
@hoboX10

Hi!

You might want to click on this link for further clarification: