PDA

View Full Version : Bbmpeg and WInXP

MoonWalker
17th January 2002, 15:34
I don't know if this was answered but i searched at the forum and didn't find anything..When i am trying to mux files with bbmpeg in WInXp the program closes..After 2-3 click it exits...Is this a bug?How can i muc files with bbmpeg in XP?

Thanks,
MoonWalker

MoonWalker
17th January 2002, 15:38
So stupid...Please delete this post if you like...I found the answer at Doom9's guide :o ...Sorry..

Caliber
17th January 2002, 16:55
I'm glad you posted this and then found it in the guide - I was having the same problem, but didn't realize they had updated the guides for WinXP. So I say thanks?
BTW - What kind of speed do you get in CCE? Or do you use CCE? And what kind of motherboard are you using?
Thanks

MoonWalker
17th January 2002, 17:20
Today I tester CBR MPEG2 at CCE..I got 1.1..I think it's too little..And at 4 pass VBR I get 1.060...I don't know what it is..I try to find it..Do u know?

My M/B is Asus A7V266-E with the KT266A...

Mozart
17th January 2002, 17:36
this number means that your speed of encoding is x.xxx times source_framerate. For example, if you are encoding a pal source, its framerate is 25 fps (frames per second). Thus, when CCE shows "speed: 1.500", this means that CCE is enconding 1.500x25=37.5 fps. Did you got it?;)

MoonWalker
17th January 2002, 18:07
this number means that your speed of encoding is x.xxx times source_framerate. For example, if you are encoding a pal source, its framerate is 25 fps (frames per second). Thus, when CCE shows "speed: 1.500", this means that CCE is enconding 1.500x25=37.5 fps. Did you got it?

I know that.But I think it is slow.I don't know.How much do u get?

Caliber
18th January 2002, 06:12
I only have a PIII 450 with 256MB of PC133. Overclocked to 580/129. So my speed is something like .30 I think. I haven't encoded a DVD in a while though, but I seem to remember it being that slow. I was wondering b/c I want to get an Athlon XP/DDR combo....soon. It would be well worth it for archiving my DVDs.
One way I increased my speed in the begining was by using AVISynth instead of using VirtualDub for frameserving. Other than that, you can speed it up of course by playing with the quality settings and bitrate etc...
Hopefully I can upgrade soon :^(