PDA

View Full Version : getting video from .ts file (DS Mux?)

atran
8th August 2008, 00:10
I have a .ts file and I want to reencode it to a mkv with audio included.

I was reading around trying to figure out how to do this and I was going to first try and get the video encoded and mix in the audio later. So I tried using DS Mux and added the .ts file. It shows up and I deselect the audio and try to output the file as a mkv. It starts and just stops at 1.1% done. I wait a while and cancel it. I look into my saved directory and my partly completed video file was there. I tried playing it and it did indeed play fine for the 12 seconds that it currently was. I tried again and again, but it always gets stuck on 1.1% done. Why does it keep doing that? Is there a way to fix it? What do you all suggest I do?

EPiPH0NE
8th August 2008, 01:28
Load your TS file into eac3to:

eac3to input.ts video.mkv

then mux audio via MKVmerge. I'm sure someone else will explain it better.

atran
8th August 2008, 02:22
Hmm I am getting this problem.

03_720p_h264_AAC2.0.ts E:\ibeg.mkv
TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:24:33
1: h264/AVC, 1280x720 60p /1.001 (16:9)
2: AAC, 2.0 channels, 130kbit/s, 48khz, 10ms
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a02] Applying AAC delay...
Unfortunately the Haali Muxer cannot handle this source file.
It doesn't contain enough seek/recovery points.
Aborted at file position 13533184.

poisondeathray
8th August 2008, 03:08
Try doing it manually by demuxing raw tracks with tsmuxer, then putting the raw tracks into .mkv container with mkvmergegui

atran
8th August 2008, 03:40
I demuxed the track and it spat out a .264 file. I tried playing this in mpc expecting to see video but no audio. Well, it did not play in mpc :(.

poisondeathray
8th August 2008, 04:04
I demuxed the track and it spat out a .264 file. I tried playing this in mpc expecting to see video but no audio. Well, it did not play in mpc :(.

You can't play it because .264 is a raw video file

You need to put it into a container, hence mkvmergegui suggested earlier (from the mkvtoolnix kit)

Another option is to put it into .mp4 container with YAMB

Don't forget to put the aac audio in either :)

Cheers

atran
8th August 2008, 06:20
Well, I tried playing it after putting it into a mkv container. It would not play at all. I tried putting it in megui and it crashed. Tried virtualdubmod and it threw tons of errors saying things were wrong with the file.

8th August 2008, 13:49
Maybe something is wrong with the TS file. What is it and how did you capture it?

DarkZell666
8th August 2008, 13:58
What if you actually pass it directly through ffmpeg ? :

ffmpeg -i "whatever.ts" -acodec copy -vcodec copy -f mp4 "fixed_output.mp4"

At this stage, unless the .ts file is corrupted, you *should* (99% chance) have a perfectly working mp4 file. You're then free to do whatever you want with it (remux to mkv using mkvtoolnix, open in an editor for actual re-encoding, etc.)

poisondeathray
8th August 2008, 15:44
Sometimes when a transport stream is damaged, you can run it through tsmuxer to create a new .ts file and then repeat the any of the above suggestions.

atran
9th August 2008, 00:12
What if you actually pass it directly through ffmpeg ? :

ffmpeg -i "whatever.ts" -acodec copy -vcodec copy -f mp4 "fixed_output.mp4"

At this stage, unless the .ts file is corrupted, you *should* (99% chance) have a perfectly working mp4 file. You're then free to do whatever you want with it (remux to mkv using mkvtoolnix, open in an editor for actual re-encoding, etc.)
Well, I tried this and it game me an .mp4 file that when I opened up in MPC, it would not play. It would just sit there at 00:00. But, I could jump to any part of the video and I could see the frame, but it just wouldn't play. Its like all the frames are there, but it just won't play. When I tried opening it in megui, it just crashed.

Sometimes when a transport stream is damaged, you can run it through tsmuxer to create a new .ts file and then repeat the any of the above suggestions.
Tried this too, and it did the same thing as I just mentioned in my first quote reply.

I just want to clarify that I can play the original .ts file in MPC with video and audio no problem.

dat720
9th August 2008, 00:23
Install mplayer and see if your mp4 conversion of the ts will play.

setarip_old
9th August 2008, 02:00
@atran

Hi!Well, I tried this and it game me an .mp4 file that when I opened up in MPC, it would not play. It would just sit there at 00:00. But, I could jump to any part of the video and I could see the frame, but it just wouldn't play. Its like all the frames are there, but it just won't play.1) Try playing with VLC

2) Post VLC's "Stream and Media Info" back here

3) It would be most beneficial for you to respond to the question posted by moderator "neuron2"...