PDA

View Full Version : Problem reading DVD-Rs, any ideas?

xsirxx
16th January 2002, 22:25
I burn DVD-Rs with my A03, but when played back on the pioneer unit, they have constant lockups (with or without labels.) When played on my sony set-top, the DVD-R locks up in different places. Lastly when played on my X-BOX, there are no lock ups anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks much...

MickeyNBK
17th January 2002, 00:33
What brand of media do you use? I have problems with almost every type of media except Pioneer or Apple (pioneer with apple packaging). They seem to work fine in both of my players. I have a panasonic and a Malata (asian import) players. The Panasonic is pickier than the Malata.

xsirxx
17th January 2002, 02:06
I use the media from www.cd-recordable.com Its an off brand, god knows where from... and the media from www.esbuy.com another off brand, any ideas? I do have one pioneer media, ill try that, thanks.

ek1029
17th January 2002, 08:02
i've used their media no problem on all the stand alones i've tried.. maybe it's the burning that's the problem

xsirxx
17th January 2002, 09:06
that very well could be, but im still stuck with 15 backed up movies, i can just throw away heh. Anyone else have this problem, it seems to be consistant on all mine... Thanks much.

xsirxx
17th January 2002, 09:52
Well i checked my disks and its all around the same exact spot on all my discs... towards the end of the disk little over 3/4th of the disc, i might be wrong in saying but, around 124k-125k sectors?

elrpesidente
16th February 2002, 01:28
I also use this offbrand medias ... i tried only 2 medias but they donīt work as good as pioneer and jvc do ... besides my a03 isnīt able to burn them at 2x .. :confused: