PDA

View Full Version : BDMV-DVD TO AVCHD-DVD (for PS3, Dvd Architect 5)

s_kound
10th July 2008, 07:31
As you propably already know, Sony has released Dvd Architect 5.0 software which can author HD discs.

I made a great 1080i disc with motion menus etc using this software , and saved it. I burned the result ISO with Nero UDF 2.50 to a DVD-R and tried to play the disc in PS3. Nothing... the PS3 refused to play the disc. I could only browse within the disc's video content as data (that means no menu....)

Now, i found out that DVD Architect doesn't create AVCHD discs. It creates BDMV discs. Playstation3 cannot read 002-BDMV-DVDs discs.... it supports only 001-AVCHD-DVDs (i can confirm that as i already used AVCHD with TSREMUX and played beautifull in PS3).

I created a structure with TSREMUX (AVCHD) and compared it with the structure created by DVD ARCHITECT (BDMV). IT'S COMPLETELY THE SAME.... same folders, same "structure tree" etc. So how can the PS3 distinguish one from another?

Is there a way to "convert" my BDMV folder to AVCHD, taking into consideration that they are CARBON COPY in terms of folders & contents.....?

:thanks:

kabanero
10th July 2008, 20:17
s_kound,

Check out my guide (attached PDF file):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13065746#post13065746

s_kound
11th July 2008, 10:20
Thank you for your prompt reply,

Does this guide describes the process in order to convert a BDMV folder to AVCHD so that it can be burnt to DVD for PS3?

kabanero
11th July 2008, 13:26
Thank you for your prompt reply,

Does this guide describes the process in order to convert a BDMV folder to AVCHD so that it can be burnt to DVD for PS3?

Yes.

In your post you mentioned DVD Architect 5. So, I assumed that you had Vegas too because DVDA is not sold separately.

Forget DVDA for Blu-ray and AVCHD authoring. Buy Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6+ with HD Pack (it's only $100). Download and read my guide, and you should be happy camper.

I cannot attached PDF file here because it is more than 200 Kb.

drpaulng
11th July 2008, 21:31
As you propably already know, Sony has released Dvd Architect 5.0 software which can author HD discs.

I made a great 1080i disc with motion menus etc using this software , and saved it. I burned the result ISO with Nero UDF 2.50 to a DVD-R and tried to play the disc in PS3. Nothing... the PS3 refused to play the disc. I could only browse within the disc's video content as data (that means no menu....)

Now, i found out that DVD Architect doesn't create AVCHD discs. It creates BDMV discs. Playstation3 cannot read 002-BDMV-DVDs discs.... it supports only 001-AVCHD-DVDs (i can confirm that as i already used AVCHD with TSREMUX and played beautifull in PS3).

I created a structure with TSREMUX (AVCHD) and compared it with the structure created by DVD ARCHITECT (BDMV). IT'S COMPLETELY THE SAME.... same folders, same "structure tree" etc. So how can the PS3 distinguish one from another?

Is there a way to "convert" my BDMV folder to AVCHD, taking into consideration that they are CARBON COPY in terms of folders & contents.....?

:thanks:

PLEASE check the 00000.m2ts files in the STREAM FOLDER. See if it plays normally with any hdplayer such as kmplayer or media player classic.

frank
19th July 2008, 16:04
Patch the strings
INDX0200 to INDX0100 in index.bdmv
MOBJ0200 to MOBJ0100 in MovieObject.bdmv

Video stream: AVC
Audio: AC3
no subtitles