PDA

View Full Version : StaxRip Bug Reports

stax76
4th July 2008, 06:52
This thread is dedicated for reporting StaxRip bugs. Some bugs are harder to track than others, in order to make the tracking more easy please follow some guidelines:

If you don't have read Doom9's thread how to file a good bug report (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96137) yet, I suggest to start with reading it, it tells all the basics about how to deal with bugs.

Recent versions often fix bugs so please try the latest version first to check if it has been fixed already.

When StaxRip crashes it saves a diagnostic file containing debug information on the desktop. The diagnostic file can also be generated manually from the main menu (Help / Make Bug Report) at any time. The best time for generating the diagnostic file manually is after encoding or after loading a problematic source. Please post the diagnostic file using a free hosting service like 2shared.com (http://www.2shared.com/) or mediafire.com (http://www.mediafire.com), if possible don't use the attachment feature of the forum, especially for large attachments or log files.

In case there is a bug that won't crash StaxRip, please explain step by step how to reproduce it. Please try different types of source files, if the bug occurs only with a certain type, please post the specs of the source file using the newest version of MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/de). If possible upload a sample clip using a free hosting service.

bmnot
7th July 2008, 17:42
What, first?

After running compressibility check the status line says: "The in the encoder options defined aimed quality value is more than 10% off."

Apart from the German grammar, I found the old warning more understandable and more specific. It was something like "Encoding with these values will result in artifacts, please increase filesize or decrease resolution."

stax76
7th July 2008, 18:17
I'll fix the grammar, please let me know if you find more bad language. The old message had the problem that it would be good only when used with the default values. Some experienced users might set the aimed quality value to 100% and set the comp. check crf value to 22 for instance.

RunningSkittle
8th July 2008, 11:10
Staxrip latest beta crash's (rather dgindex throws an error) while attempting to index too many vob cells using the -if command. In this case, 108 cells from live free or die hard. This happened in previous releases of both dgindex and staxrip.

possible solution: Use -bf option instead of -if. It also has the added benefit of looking "cleaner" in the log. It would create another txt file though.

I made a file list, and used the -bf command manually with the same settings, and dgindex seems very happy :)

stax76
8th July 2008, 14:01
There is a limitation somewhere, I'm not sure where it is but I'll check it. The method with the file isn't easy to support since DGIndex is only supported with a generic customizable command line mechanism ('Command Line Preparer' defined in the options). The file method is also interesting because the CLI don't support commas.

RunningSkittle
8th July 2008, 15:08
-BF=[filelist]

Load a batch of files.
The filelist should be a plain text file listing one file per line with no extra white space.
If a specified file cannot be found, it is ignored.
Brackets Required!
HINT: The following DOS command automatically generates a filelist:
DIR *.VOB /B > FILELIST

I would think it would be easier to implement than the current system... at least with nt batch scripting it is. One line makes the list, then you just call -bf filelist.lst instead of -if file1,file2..file3

for %%a in (%path%\*.vob) do (echo %%~fa >> filelist.lst)

stax76
8th July 2008, 15:31
Did you try to customize the DGIndex preparer? I can help if you don't know how to do it. I don't know if dos batch is powerful enough since I don't know dos batch. If we can't get it to work with dos batch we can use wsh which I know.

RunningSkittle
8th July 2008, 15:36
*disregard last statement*

All I really need to be able to do is to export the files to a text file.

I tried piping the files to filelist.txt by
%source_files_no_quotes% >> filelist.lst
obviously this did not work.

stax76
8th July 2008, 15:54
I'll write a script or something.

RunningSkittle
8th July 2008, 16:54
Ive almost got a batch script to work... just one big flaw to iron out.

stax76
8th July 2008, 16:58
The command lines for the DGIndex preparer look as follows:

wscript.exe "%settings_dir%Scripts\make file list.js" "%source_dir%%source_name%_SourceFiles.txt" %source_files_blank%
"%application:DGIndex%" -SD=| -BF=|%source_dir%%source_name%_SourceFiles.txt| -IA=2 -FO=0 -YR=1 -TN=1 -OM=2 -DRC=2 -DSD=0 -DSA=0 -OF=|%source_dir%\%source_name%| -minimize -exit

This assumes there is a directory called 'Scripts' in your settings dir containing a script named 'make file list.js', script code is the following:

args = WScript.Arguments;
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
ts = fso.OpenTextFile(args(0), 2, true);

for (var i = 1; i < args.Length; i++)
{
ts.WriteLine(args(i));
}

ts.Close();

If you or somebody else get it to work with pure dos I'm interested to see what it looks like. :)

RunningSkittle
8th July 2008, 17:04
alright, so this script kind of works... it would be used with %source_files_comma_no_quotes%... I assume this is what the list would look like?

@echo off
set sourcefiles=file1.vob,file2.vob,file3.vob,file4.vob,file5.vob

:forloop
for /f "tokens=1* delims=," %%a in ("%sourcefiles%") do (call :loop "%%a" "%%b")
goto endloop

:loop
for /f "tokens=1 delims==" %%b in (%2) do set sourcefiles=%%b
echo %1 >> c:\filelist.lst
if "%sourcefiles%" == %1 goto endloop
::uncomment to see it work
::echo %1
::echo %sourcefiles%
goto forloop
goto eof
:endloop

:eof

It generates
"file1.vob"
"file2.vob"
"file3.vob"
"file4.vob"
"file5.vob"

Im affraid it doesnt work 100% effeciently or correctly :( The big problem is that it doesnt exit the loop when I want it to. Insert 'pause' above :eof, and see what I mean.

stax76
8th July 2008, 17:07
I'm afraid mine won't probably work either since it likely suffers the same problem as the original solution. I'll think about a new solution tomorrow.

RunningSkittle
8th July 2008, 17:49
Interesting, and frustrating:

Finally got it output the filelist (yay), all I need to do now is remember how to correctly call dgindex -bf

BUT here is the kicker, stax. When I try to load all of the cells again, i get the same error as before. (pulling my hair out now).

anyway, here is the code so far.

Command Line parser:
cmd.exe /c "c:\test.bat "%source_files_comma_no_quotes%""
%newline%
"%application:DGIndex%" -SD=| -BF=|c:\filelist.lst| -IA=2 -FO=0 -YR=1 -TN=1 -OM=2 -DRC=2 -DSD=0 -DSA=0 -OF=|%source_dir%\%source_name%| -minimize -exit

Test.bat:
@echo off
for /f "tokens=1 delims==" %%b in (%1) do set sourcefiles=%%b
echo %sourcefiles%
pause

:forloop
for /f "tokens=1* delims=," %%a in ("%sourcefiles%") do (call :loop "%%a" "%%b")
goto endloop

:loop
for /f "tokens=1 delims==" %%b in (%2) do set sourcefiles=%%b
echo %1 >> c:\filelist.lst
if "%sourcefiles%" == %1 exit
goto forloop
goto eof
:endloop

:eof

It works fine, as long as there arent too many files!

RunningSkittle
8th July 2008, 18:04
So I went through and checked exactly how many files I can load. 26

27+, staxrip crashes with this: "the data area passed to a system call is too small"

At least i had a fun time writing the script (which now seems very unnecessary)

stax76
8th July 2008, 18:07
I'm investigating it currently, maybe I can find a way to pass more files.

stax76
8th July 2008, 18:30
Looks like I could have saved us a lot headache, by default .NET creates a process using the shell, it's also possible to create a process without the shell and in this case there is no limititation of the maximum length of the command line. I've uploaded a new beta, I hope it works now. There should be no need for any scripts, it should work with the default DGIndex command line.

Sharc
17th July 2008, 07:39
After preparation StaxRip sometimes does not add the idx/sub to the container, even though the idx and sub have been automatically extracted as expected. The idx cannot be added manually either (Container configuration / Add... / Open ....).
I also tried re-authoring with DVDShrink beforehand, it helped in one case only)

RickA
20th July 2008, 17:57
Greets Stax,

Not sure if these are actual bugs per se...

-Every time I run the Compression Check the help descriptor box 'Runs the compressibilty check which helps to find a optimal bitrate.' opens and stays open throughout the Comp Check procedure. It goes away as soon as the Check is finished. Technically the 'a' should be 'an' since the word it is ahead of (optimal) starts with a vowel. That is nothing to worry about and in no way detracts from your awesome program.

-Sometimes when I am adding multiple files to the job list. After I have done the Comp Check and tried differing filter combinations. Upon clicking Next to add my selection to the Job List I get the message 'The job was sent to the currently processing StaxRip instance.' yet it does not show up in the Job List.

Not sure what in my workflow I may be doing to cause this. Load up a video, type in the target filename then start a Comp Check with light filtering (most times Undot is enough) and de-interlacing if needed. My procedure varies a little depending on what I am working with. If the source is little noisy as in older shows. I'll move to a slightly stronger filtering if the file size does not get near the range I am seeking and retry the Comp Check. Sometimes if I retype the target filename and run the Comp Check again it will allow me to add it to the Jobs List. Can try to get you more info if helpful.

Cheers,
Rick

lollol
21st July 2008, 11:41
When converting DVD's (i dont get this with DVB-S sources), i get an audio delay with my encoded file.

This audio delay is static, i.e. it does not change during the video and it can be corrected with something like VirtualDub.

But at times, i choose to add hardcoded subs, and this is where it causes problems for me: i can correct the audio delay in VirtualDub, but this will cause the hardcoded subtitles to be out of sync :(

Do u know what causes this out-of-sync? It happens a lot with my DVD's (i would say 1 out of 4).

Bug report files: http://www.mediafire.com/?cs2pjo44tdz

PS: the audio DGIndex demuxes, is named most of the time something like: VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3

stax76
4th August 2008, 13:11
The idx cannot be added manually either (Container configuration / Add... / Open ....).

You mean you select it with the file browser but nothing shows up in the list? Maybe the IDX file is empty, dunno if StaxRip would show a warning in this case, hopefully it would.

-Every time I run the Compression Check the help descriptor box 'Runs the compressibilty check which helps to find a optimal bitrate.' opens and stays open throughout the Comp Check procedure. It goes away as soon as the Check is finished. Technically the 'a' should be 'an' since the word it is ahead of (optimal) starts with a vowel. That is nothing to worry about and in no way detracts from your awesome program.

fixed

-Sometimes when I am adding multiple files to the job list. After I have done the Comp Check and tried differing filter combinations. Upon clicking Next to add my selection to the Job List I get the message 'The job was sent to the currently processing StaxRip instance.' yet it does not show up in the Job List.

Not sure what in my workflow I may be doing to cause this. Load up a video, type in the target filename then start a Comp Check with light filtering (most times Undot is enough) and de-interlacing if needed. My procedure varies a little depending on what I am working with. If the source is little noisy as in older shows. I'll move to a slightly stronger filtering if the file size does not get near the range I am seeking and retry the Comp Check. Sometimes if I retype the target filename and run the Comp Check again it will allow me to add it to the Jobs List. Can try to get you more info if helpful.

If you run two StaxRip instances then it's a feature, not a bug. A short description of this feature can be found in the help of the job dialog. Do you run two instances?

When converting DVD's (i dont get this with DVB-S sources), i get an audio delay with my encoded file.

It's likely a ripping/indexing problem, not directly related to StaxRip.

Bh4i
6th August 2008, 13:46
It's likely a ripping/indexing problem, not directly related to StaxRip.
You are right about that.

Sorry to not edit my post, cause i also tried every other encoding GUI i know, and also got the delayed encode with those...

pausefisk
9th August 2008, 14:48
I've been using staxrip for some time, and i got a new pc running vista home premium and downloaded the latest release, StaxRip_1.1.1.0.exe.

Installing works fine, but when i start the progam vista only tells me it fails and nothing more.

Any suggestions?

stax76
9th August 2008, 17:49
If Vista gives the error and not .NET or StaxRip then it's difficult to track the reason, is your environment in any regard uncommon?

pausefisk
9th August 2008, 18:57
If Vista gives the error and not .NET or StaxRip then it's difficult to track the reason, is your environment in any regard uncommon?

I opened windows error log and got this:

--

Feil-bucket 280492393, type 5
Hendelsesnavn: CLR20r3
Svar: Ingen
Cab-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: staxrip.exe
P2: 1.1.1.0
P3: 4875d9fb
P4: StaxRip
P5: 1.1.1.0
P6: 4875d9fb
P7: 1d
P8: ca
P9: System.InvalidOperationException
P10:

--

I googled System.InvalidOperationException and it lead to NET framework. I have installed 3.5 wich was linked to from readme file included in program package.

anyway.. im back to 1.0.0.1, works fine =)

doggyjumper
10th August 2008, 00:43
Hi
Not sure if its a bug or me doing the wrong approach

Been very happy so far but I wanted to add tagging capability so tried with an event command , for example:
'after project encoded' - 'perform/excecute command' - "c:\AtomicParsley.exe" %target_file%.mp4 --artist "name" --copyright"name"

. all works with one flaw . the file is renamed with -temp-anumber in the name (file.mp4 becomes file-temp-xxx.mp4)

or is there maybe another way to incorporate - even the information into the log file ?

any help please

thanks

stax76
10th August 2008, 02:16
all works with one flaw . the file is renamed with -temp-anumber in the name (file.mp4 becomes file-temp-xxx.mp4)

I guess the renaming is done by AtomicParsley, doesn't MP4Box support the tags, if so a alternative way might be possible to add additional cmdl params in the muxer dialog.

or is there maybe another way to incorporate - even the information into the log file ?

You mean showing the event command in the log file? I thought something would show up but after a quick test it don't seem to, I'll fix it.

doggyjumper
10th August 2008, 06:14
I guess the renaming is done by AtomicParsley,

You are correct , found this " AtomicParsley defaults to non-destructive writing to a temp file next to the source file "
but also " You can append a "--overWrite" command line flag and the original file will be deleted and the temp file will be renamed to the original filename"
Guess that solved that :-)

doesn't MP4Box support the tags

Just cant figure out the commands as explained :-( , one real example would help

You mean showing the event command in the log file? I thought something would show up but after a quick test it don't seem to, I'll fix it.

Yes..., thanks Stax

Anyway to be able to extract a frame (to jpg or so ) from within Staxrip as then AtomicParsley could add it as album art ?

ab-db7000s
11th August 2008, 09:08
Demuxing/Indexing MOV/MP4 (h264, aac)

Hello!

Somewhere along the way from Version 1.1.0.1 to 1.1.1.0 (has to be somewhere in the later June Betas) the demuxing/indexing parameters have changed for MOV/MP4 (h264, aac) files.
Now DGAVCDecode/DGAVCIndex is used instead of (?). Since then I'm facing the problem that for HD .movs (specially Apple HD-trailers (h264+aac) the frame-rate isn't recognized correctly - it's always 25fps.
Another problem is the audio demuxing/converting from these files. They are named "* - iv-Undetermined.aac" and the "*.wav"-file is corrupt. Same happens to these files if they are converted to a mp4-container (YAMB) before.
I'm updating the StaxRip Versions just by exchanging the .exe and .dll, downloading/installing the latest external applications (from within the program) and updating the profiles as suggested by the program.
Any idea? Or some additional configuration data I should deliver?

Greets,
Andi

stax76
11th August 2008, 13:35
Welcome to the forum, maybe I can fix it but I'll need a sample clip, can you upload one using 2shared.com? Previously MP4 was handled with dshow, now it's demuxed with MP4Box, it should still be possible to configure StaxRip for the old dshow handling but it requires some knowledge.

ab-db7000s
11th August 2008, 14:11
Thanks for your prompt reply!
Sorry, I can't upload a clip, but they are downloadable at http://www.apple.com/trailers/. BTW what's the benefit of changing to mp4box? On the other hand mp4box recognizes the format correctly using YAMP to change the container from mov to mp4.

Greets,
Andi

stax76
11th August 2008, 14:28
Benefit is audio don't has to be reencoded.

doggyjumper
11th August 2008, 15:53
I'll fix it.

This means there will be an update available somewhere ?

Sorry to bug with another bug?

Whenever I try to "edit presets" in a command line Staxrip crashes (like in muxer profiles - mp4 for example).

sVincent
11th August 2008, 23:30
Hi,

I'm getting the following exception when i open a video file for encoding:

System.ArgumentException: Støtter ikke kulturnavnet nb.
Parameternavn: name
ved System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord..ctor(String cultureName, Boolean useUserOverride)
ved System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord.GetCultureTableRecord(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
ved System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
ved StaxRip.Language.get_Languages()
ved StaxRip.DemuxPreparer.DemuxMKV()
ved StaxRip.DemuxPreparer.Run()
ved StaxRip.MainForm.Prepare()
ved StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(List`1 files, Boolean autoMode)
ved StaxRip.MainForm.OpenSourceFiles()
ved StaxRip.MainForm.gbSource_MenuClick()
ved Stax.UI.LinkGroupBox.Label_Click()
ved Stax.UI.LinkGroupBox._Lambda$__3(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have sent you the link to the diagnostic files, I hope you can figure out what causes this exception :)

Thanks,
Stefan

3eye
15th August 2008, 00:32
i love Staxrip. for few month I've downloading full DVDs and convert them the way i like to MKV and AVI/Xvid.
in the last few weeks i have a problem when i convert to Xvid. the final AVI/Xvid are not working with subtitles. the media player classic play that as long as i don't have a VOBSUB installed on the computer. the media player 11 will not work with subs at all . if i will try to play old file that was made in staxrip, it will work just fine, and if i will try Avi. files that was created in another similar (like auto GK) software they will work just fine. some thing is worng with the staxrip.
what should i do ?

pausefisk
15th August 2008, 22:47
Since StaxRip 1.1.1.0 would not work for me ( System.InvalidOperationException ) i had to go back to an older version 1.0.0.1.

Now i updated to a dvb-s2 card and want to encode HD videos, and i believe that v 1.1.1.0 has support for DGAVCIndex? Because v 1.0.0.1 wont accept .dga files, and when trying to open .avs files in v 1.0.0.1 i 'm told to use the internal avs generator.

Is there any way around this problem since the latest build doesnt work for me?? Is there any build that uses DGAVCIndex that doesnt requre .net 3.5 ?

edit: I've now tested v 1.1.1.0 on a win XP Pro, Norwegian edition, and its the same problem, so there is no vista issue here. It must be something with .NET 3.5 and norwegian language...?

newuserxyz
16th August 2008, 09:01
Hi!

my first try with staxrip. So probably not the application is wrog but it's me :confused:

I tried to convert an dvd to xvid.
When I try to run the compressibility check (I simply click on the link down in the left corner) I receive the following error:

http://www.2shared.com/file/3771176/aa79f7b2/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

Any idea what could be the problem?

thanx in advance

basheim
17th August 2008, 11:44
edit: I've now tested v 1.1.1.0 on a win XP Pro, Norwegian edition, and its the same problem, so there is no vista issue here. It must be something with .NET 3.5 and norwegian language...?

I have the exact same problem as you Pausefisk. I run Vista Ultimate and Windows XP, but in english edition with norwegian set on keyboard and date, time, number format. Upgraded a few days ago to .NET 3.5 SP1 but no difference.

pausefisk
17th August 2008, 19:38
I have the exact same problem as you Pausefisk. I run Vista Ultimate and Windows XP, but in english edition with norwegian set on keyboard and date, time, number format. Upgraded a few days ago to .NET 3.5 SP1 but no difference.

ok, "good" to hear others have same problem, then i guess its not my pc-setup thats wrong. I hope stax author can take a deeper look at this, cause i really miss using staxrip, there are really not many good alternatives, in my opinion :)

stax76
17th August 2008, 23:45
I've hopefully fixed the bug with norwegian systems, please try the newest beta, greetings to norway. :)

This means there will be an update available somewhere?

Yes, the change is available in the latest beta.

Whenever I try to "edit presets" in a command line Staxrip crashes

And there is no diagnostic file?

@3eye

Downloading a DVD is against the rules (http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm). I'm not sure if there is a bug, it looks you've not much experience so it might help to read a couple of StaxRip guides (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=102652).

When I try to run the compressibility check (I simply click on the link down in the left corner) I receive the following error:

It might be due to incompatible XviD version, in the 'External Application' dialog, you can try to downoad the required XviD version.

stax76
18th August 2008, 00:00
@Grossmeister

Does it mean the download feature is completely broke for you? Many packages contain additional or modified files, the 7z package for instance has a additional manifest file to make the UAC dialog in Vista popup trying extracting to a directory requiring elevated user privilegs to write.

@weaver4

I guess MP4Box don't accept your subtitle file probably because of a problem with the text encoding.

doggyjumper
18th August 2008, 04:12
Crashing trying to edit the container presets

bugreport : http://www.2shared.com/file/3781018/980980d5/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

stax76
18th August 2008, 10:48
Crashing trying to edit the container presets

I've uploaded a beta fixing it.

pausefisk
18th August 2008, 12:37
Nice job stax! I've just installed the new beta, and it now finally seems to work with norwegian windows/net 3.5!!! At least the program start, i will try do an encode later, will report back if it troubles! :thanks:

basheim
18th August 2008, 20:50
Nice job stax! I've just installed the new beta, and it now finally seems to work with norwegian windows/net 3.5!!! At least the program start, i will try do an encode later, will report back if it troubles! :thanks:

Yep, worked here too! Thanks!

Stax - what was the problem? I have another app with the same error message, and the author have no clue as to what could be wrong.

stax76
19th August 2008, 01:54
I have another app with the same error message, and the author have no clue as to what could be wrong.

There were two problems, one causing a exception and another one not catching possible exceptions. Just tell him to change the region to norway in the windows control panel, then he can reproduce the crash. Following code was crashing:

CultureInfoValue = New CultureInfo(CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.TwoLetterISOLanguageName)

On a exception .NET applications normally show a own exception dialog or at least the .NET exception dialog is shown so it's easy to track the problem. In case there is a unhandled exception in the constructor of the startup form however, the .NET exception dialog is not shown but only the crash dialog of the operating system giving no hints what the problem is. The solution for this adding a try catch block in the constructor to handle possible exceptions or to use the event AppDomain.UnhandledException to handle anything unhandled, the event Application.ThreadException won't work in this case!

Since I've improved exception handling in the latest beta I'm hoping future crashs will always show more then just the useless crash dialog of the operating system.

doggyjumper
19th August 2008, 04:25
I've uploaded a beta fixing it.

Thanks, doesnt crash anymore :-)

but I am confused as I am getting an empty window (both edit and preview). I assumed that this would give one the ability to change the presets (container configuration ) already there or am I getting this wrong ?

R.A.F.
19th August 2008, 22:06
@Grossmeister
Does it mean the download feature is completely broke for you? Many packages contain additional or modified files, the 7z package for instance has a additional manifest file to make the UAC dialog in Vista popup trying extracting to a directory requiring elevated user privilegs to write.

Wouldn't it be easier both for the user and you, Stax, to compile just one big file for StaxRip with all what it needs, where the .exe and simply everything is already included? Virtually an "all-in-one"-package? - If this would be packed with the very efficient 7zip-packer I guess it would cause less traffic, than if every user is forced to load every external application e.g. when re-installing something on his system form your server again and again.

stax76
19th August 2008, 23:35
but I am confused as I am getting an empty window

Maybe it has no default presets.

Wouldn't it be easier both for the user and you, Stax, to compile just one big file for StaxRip with all what it needs

There are a couple of problems with that, moving to another system just backup your download and install directory, the directories where StaxRip downloads applications and unpacks applications. On a new system just point StaxRip to these directories. By default these directories are in the settings dir I think so if you don't moved them out you just have to backup your settings dir. When StaxRip starts and don't find a settings dir it'll ask for it and create default settings if there is none.

Albo
3rd September 2008, 15:51
Unable to open mkv files. Gives me AviSynth Error - DirectShowSource: couldn't open file. The format is not supported.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled without success.

Bugreport, manually generated after receiving error (http://www.2shared.com/file/3868992/8cba9b72/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html)

Sharktooth
3rd September 2008, 15:54
can you play mkvs in windows media player?
if not, you need a mkv source filter (haali media splitter)...

Albo
3rd September 2008, 16:17
Windows Media Player = no
Installed haali, still gives the error and still no playback in Windows Media Player.

It seems like it's something simple that I missing, like "use this app to handle this" type of thing.
I use OSX, so forgive me if I'm slow to pick up on this.

Sharktooth
3rd September 2008, 16:45
it gives me an error = you told me nothing.

Albo
3rd September 2008, 16:49
Still gives the error I mentioned in my first post with the bugreport.

"DirectShowSource: couldn't open file. The format is not supported."

Sharktooth
3rd September 2008, 16:52
then you miss the required decoders. you should know what video and audio format you used to create that file... look for decoders and install them.

Albo
3rd September 2008, 18:39
Well it's H.264, and I've tried installing ffdshow (by itself and as a part of the Cole2k codec pack) and am still having issues.
The mkv files do play in Windows Media Player now, but StaxRip is still giving the DirectShowSource error.

I appreciate your help by the way, I know it must be frustrating dealing with something as open-ended as this.

Sharktooth
3rd September 2008, 19:33
well... you know? codec packs are evil...
get graphedit, drop the mkv into it and post a screenshot.

Albo
3rd September 2008, 20:23
http://files.moonbase9design.com/images/sky_fighters.png

stax76
3rd September 2008, 22:09
@Albo

Please upload a new diagnostic file using a new beta. By deault StaxRip should demux your source using mkvextract and then load it using DGAVCDec so by default it shouldn't even fallback to DirectShowSource, I don't know why this don't work with your source but I'll probably find out.

Albo
3rd September 2008, 22:23
This bug report is from the latest beta. Same file I posted above.

Bug Report, manually generated after receiving error (http://www.2shared.com/file/3868992/8cba9b72/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html)

The app used to work perfectly, but something is amiss somewhere, and I know it's going to be something simple, something I'm missing with this new install.

stax76
3rd September 2008, 22:32
This wasn't generated with the latest beta, I've uploaded the latest beta a few minutes before my latest posting less then a hour ago.

Albo
3rd September 2008, 22:55
Oh sorry! You're quick with the updates. Let me try that again.

Bug Report: http://www.2shared.com/file/3870878/bfa348a/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

stax76
3rd September 2008, 23:26
Did it create a 264 file with reasonable filesize that plays in VLC? If so I don't understand why DGAVCDec don't run after mkvextract, it does here. If there is a 264 file what happens if you open this manually with StaxRip?

Albo
4th September 2008, 00:11
It creates a 264 file that's viewable in VLC, but if I add that file as a source it gives me the same error: "The format is not supported".

stax76
4th September 2008, 00:26
If you create a mkv x264 file with StaxRip and then open it with StaxRip, does it load?

Albo
4th September 2008, 01:02
It does. I think there is something particular about this file, as another mkv just opened perfectly. I tried creating a new version of the original non-working file with MKVMerge, but the same error happens.

*Scratch that. Just tried a third mkv - same error. So that's two that produce the same error now.

stax76
4th September 2008, 09:15
Maybe it happens here too so please upload a clip to rapidshare.

Albo
4th September 2008, 14:31
Here's the file I've been trying to work with...

Sky Fighters opening titles (http://files.moonbase9design.com/video/Sky_Fighters.zip) (104MB ZIP)

stax76
4th September 2008, 15:47
I can reproduce it so I can investigate it.

Albo
4th September 2008, 15:53
Ah, excellent, it's not just me! PHEW! Thank you for looking into this.

stax76
5th September 2008, 09:17
Problem is the DGAVCDec preparer is restricted to AVC format but MediaInfo don't return AVC as format for the 264 file, likely a MediaInfo bug, to workaround remove the AVC restriction in the options, I'll make a bug report to MediaInfo.

Albo
5th September 2008, 15:04
Thanks for the research into this issue. How would I go about applying the workaround? Is this something I can do myself?

stax76
5th September 2008, 15:27
Like I stated you have to remove the AVC format from the input format list of the DGAVCDec preparer so all formats get handled.

http://planetdvb.net/non_drupal/images/greenshot_2008-09-05_16-23-15.png

http://planetdvb.net/non_drupal/images/greenshot_2008-09-05_16-23-28.png

Albo
5th September 2008, 15:46
Yeah, I tried that and it doesn't stick. If I delete AVC and click ok, then click Edit again it's still there.

stax76
5th September 2008, 17:18
Alright, new beta online.

Albo
5th September 2008, 18:27
Nice, that works now, thank you.

Unrelated issue regarding DTS tracks: What's the best way to have StaxRip handle those? Should I be converting before bringing into the app, or is there a method in which it can encode directly from DTS to AAC 2ch?

stax76
5th September 2008, 20:00
Both is possible but I've no experience with DTS.

Sharktooth
6th September 2008, 01:30
...also there is no best as per forum rules...

stax76
6th September 2008, 14:54
@Albo

I've changed the defaults now to workaround the problem, there is now one DGAVCDec preparer handling the extensions 264, h264 and avc regardless of the format returned by MediaInfo and then there is a second DGAVCDec preparer that handles the extensions ts and m2ts in case MediaInfo returns AVC as format. I've not uploaded it yet however (I don't want to shutdown uTorrent right now).

Albo
6th September 2008, 18:52
Great! Look forward to using the new version. I've also solved my DTS issue by using a Mac-based solution for the re-encoding, and then muxing to an mp4 in Windows.

doggyjumper
7th September 2008, 00:52
Refrasing my question

I managed to get external data from text using vbscript (through event command)
this date are 2 numbers I need to use to cut/tirm a clip .

How do I get that data into the funtion TRIM() ?

thanks

subrom
7th September 2008, 01:23
hello,

Just wondered if the "264/DXVA/HD-Insane" profile in latest beta is broken? It seems to be passing "--me 4" to the command line of x264.exe and stops.

"D:\dvb\stax2\Settings\Applications\x264\x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 6645 --stats "D:\dvb\movie\demux\movie_video1.stats" --level 4.1 --ref 4 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --filter -1:-1 --subme 7 --trellis 2 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --vbv-bufsize 40000 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --me 4 --threads auto --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "D:\dvb\movie\demux\movie_video1_EncoderOutput.264" "D:\dvb\movie\demux\movie_video1.avs"

x264 [error]: invalid argument: me = 4

When trying other profile "x264/DXVA/HD-HQ" it encodes fine.

realwarder
8th September 2008, 20:02
Hi,

When I try and convert this to MP4 for playback on my PS3, I get this:

Error importing C:\INCONVENIENTTRUTH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.cc.utf16be.srt:lang=eng: Feature Not Supported

------------------------------------------------------------
Error

MP4 muxing failed with exit code 1

Other conversions work without this error.
Log file is here:

http://www.2shared.com/file/3897011/888fcc8/VTS_02_1_StaxRip.html

Any idea what's going wrong? Can I turn off subtitle processing or something?

Thanks!

realwarder
8th September 2008, 20:06
Hi,

When I try and convert "The Fountain" files, things don't work quite correctly. I do this by selecting the multiple VOB files, VTS_02_1.VOB-VTS_02_6.VOB however it appears that the DVD has an advertisement in the first part of the first 1GB VOB. The audio is then around 2 minutes out of sync with the video, as the video plays the advert and movie, whereas the audio just plays the movie audio.

Other tools have the same or similar issue, so it looks like something clever is being done on that disc...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hero1711
12th September 2008, 03:50
Today I installed the lastest beta version (2008-08-28) and get this crash when trying to open a mp4 file (mkv is fine):

http://www.mediafire.com/?q2mined2crb

Then I uninstalled everything and installed version 1.1.1.0 (2008-07-10) but got the same error for mp4 files (mkv is fine).
I am using version 1.0.0.3 (2008-03-05). It is wroking fine with both mp4 and mkv.

stax76
12th September 2008, 08:41
@doggyjumper

It's more a support request than a bug, StaxRip might not be able to perform this task. I would create a dedicated thread asking how to solve the problem generally not necessarily using StaxRip, you have to tell about the exact source and target format (use MediaInfo or better upload samples) as well as the format of the cut list. People will also be interested in background information like how was the cut list created.

Just wondered if the "264/DXVA/HD-Insane" profile in latest beta is broken? It seems to be passing "--me 4" to the command line of x264.exe and stops.

This seem to be a problem with Sharktooths profiles or with x264, please report it directly to the appropriate project.

Error importing C:\INCONVENIENTTRUTH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.cc.utf16be.srt:lang=eng: Feature Not Supported

This means MP4Box doesn't support the the format of the SRT file, please report it directly to the MP4Box project.

that the DVD has an advertisement in the first part of the first 1GB VOB. The audio is then around 2 minutes out of sync with the video

Difficult topic, please read here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=140735&highlight=shrink

Today I installed the lastest beta version (2008-08-28) and get this crash when trying to open a mp4 file (mkv is fine):

I can't reproduce it, what OS do you run? It's weird because it seems you don't have MP4Box installed and the code causing the crash should never be reached without MP4Box being installed. The external applications dialog for MP4Box should pop-up and if you don't install MP4Box there nothing should happen, if you install it properly it should demux.

Hero1711
12th September 2008, 09:18
Ok, let's start from nothing (OS: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit Edition).
1. I install StaxRip Beta 2008-08-28.
2. Open a MP4 file.
3. StaxRip asks me to install AviSynth 2.5.7. I install AviSynth.
4. After that, a list of "Problematic Applications" appears:

AutoCrop (1.1)
BeSweet (1.5b31)
MediaInfo (0.7.7.2)
MKVtoolnix (2.2.0)
NeroAACEnc (1.1.34.2)
x264 (951)

5. I install them all and this box appears:

All required applications are installed properly. -> OK -> Close

6. Then this error appear:

StaxRip has crashed:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (OK Button)

7. And then:

A diagnostic files was saved on the desktop, please post this diagnostic file in the support forum! (OK Button)

P.S.: I solved the problem above by manually installing MP4Box.

==============================================================

I got this new error:
1. Open a MKV file.
2. Go through preparations.
3. Choose Profiles->Encoder->x264->Unrestricted->2passes Anime Toons.
4. Choose Profiles->Container->MP4.
5. Go through Crop and Check Filters steps.
6. At compressibility check step I got this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'F:\Cut\Test_new_CompCheck.264'.
File name: 'F:\Cut\Test_new_CompCheck.264'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at StaxRip.H264CmdlEncoder.RunCompCheck(String executable, String arguments, Boolean isErrorStream, String[] logValuesToSkip)
at StaxRip.x264Encoder.RunCompCheck()
at StaxRip.MainForm.lTip_Click()
at StaxRip.MainForm._Lambda$__83(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StaxRip
Assembly Version: 1.1.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/StaxRip/StaxRip.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Stax
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/StaxRip/Stax.DLL
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.21022.8 built by: RTM
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Bh4i
12th September 2008, 20:16
^i also get the error with the Anime profile when doing a compress. check. I dont have problems with the same file when doing a comp. check with other x264 profiles.

Im running the latest beta on WinXP Pro SP2

-edit-

Just tried the old version of StaxRip with the old x264 profiles: i dont have any problems with those.. im using the same file

stax76
13th September 2008, 04:24
The problem was the profile uses the switch --psy-rd not yet supported by the x264 build StaxRip uses. I've now removed the switch from the default profiles like I've removed all other switches that require a patched x264 build. I've also improved error handling, it won't crash using a invalid switch but would rather show the output from x264. New beta online!

Hero1711
13th September 2008, 08:47
Thank you very much for the new beta version. But I got this new error (using the latest beta 0913.0509), the audio is not converted into wav:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4niqcnyjj1f

Steps:
1. Open a MKV file.
2. Go through preparations.
3. Choose Profiles->Encoder->x264->Unrestricted->2passes Anime Toons.
4. Choose Profiles->Container->MP4.
5. Go through Crop, Check Filters, compressibility check steps.
6. Next -> Start! -> Error:

VirtualDub Error

Avisynth open failure:
DirectShowSource: couldn't open file F:\Cut\Test - ja-Japanese.aac:
No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.
(F:\Cut\Test - ja-Japanese_Decode.avs, line 3)

stax76
13th September 2008, 11:25
The message is clear, DirectShowSource failed to open the aac file, StaxRip uses dshow to decode aac but so far unfortunatelly it doesn't verify if a decoder is installed making it a bit harder for newbies, installing ffdshow (http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/)should help.

Hero1711
13th September 2008, 11:56
The message is clear, DirectShowSource failed to open the aac file, StaxRip uses dshow to decode aac but so far unfortunatelly it doesn't verify if a decoder is installed making it a bit harder for newbies, installing ffdshow (http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/)should help.

I had FFDShow Tryouts revision 2094 installed on my PC along with Combined Community Codec Pack already.

P.S.: Got the same error after installing standalone ffdshow r2033 downloaded from ffdshow tryouts home page.

stax76
13th September 2008, 12:20
Do you have aac decoding enabled in the ffdshow options?

Bh4i
13th September 2008, 13:09
I assume the profiles in StaxRip are from Shartktooth, but i noticed that StaxRip misses some profiles.
Here is the complete list of Sharktoot's profiles: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139765

For example, the only option for anime/toon is: Unrestricted 2pass Anime Toons

If i click on codec configuration, i can see that this profile uses 16 reference frames... i dont think many ppl want to use that many ref. frames, cause it will be really slow. On my CPU (E6600 @ 2.4 Ghz) its only 4 fps.
If i look at Sharktooth's profiles, he also has some additional profiles, like:
- Unrestricted 2pass Anime_Toons Fast
- Unrestricted 2pass Anime_Toons Balanced
- Unrestricted 2pass Anime_Toons HQ
- Unrestricted 2pass Anime_Toons Extra Q.
- Unrestricted 2pass Anime_Toons Insane

Is there any particular reason u didnt include these ones?

stax76
13th September 2008, 13:36
Try the following:

In the profiles dialog delete all x264 profiles (use the delete key ;)
In the main menu select 'Tools/Import x264 Profiles...', in the file browser select all profiles you want to import
In the 'External Applications' dialog link to a patched x264 build, the one MeGUI is using for instance

Hero1711
13th September 2008, 14:04
Do you have aac decoding enabled in the ffdshow options?

Sure. I can play aac files on Media Player Classic just fine (There is a FFDShow Audio Decoder icon on taskbar too).

stax76
13th September 2008, 14:25
At this point usually people will tell you that you've messed up your system by installing a codec pack, personally I don't believe codec packs are as bad as their reputation. I don't know what the problem is, I guess it's related to your dshow config or a bug in one of your dshow filters. You could try to fix this or create a audio profile supporting AAC as import using something like ffmpeg for instance or you could use a external transcoder to transcode the audio file manually. Hope it's not too much of a pain for you, StaxRip need some improvement in this area, problem is it's a rarely used feature.

Bh4i
13th September 2008, 15:42
Try the following:

In the profiles dialog delete all x264 profiles (use the delete key ;)
In the main menu select 'Tools/Import x264 Profiles...', in the file browser select all profiles you want to import
In the 'External Applications' dialog link to a patched x264 build, the one MeGUI is using for instance
Thanks, that should do it :)

Hero1711
13th September 2008, 16:58
At this point usually people will tell you that you've messed up your system by installing a codec pack, personally I don't believe codec packs are as bad as their reputation. I don't know what the problem is, I guess it's related to your dshow config or a bug in one of your dshow filters. You could try to fix this or create a audio profile supporting AAC as import using something like ffmpeg for instance or you could use a external transcoder to transcode the audio file manually. Hope it's not too much of a pain for you, StaxRip need some improvement in this area, problem is it's a rarely used feature.

Thanks, but StaxRip 1.0.0.3 works finely. It even cut softsub beautifully.

Bh4i
13th September 2008, 17:55
Im getting this muxing error: MKV muxing failed with exit code 1

http://i34.tinypic.com/igdl08.png

However, there are no problems with muxing or whatsoever. The final MKV file is created, and it seems it doesnt have any problems at all.

The problem is that because of this error, StaxRip doesnt continue with the next project file in "jobs".

Any idea what causes this error?

Diagnostic files: http://www.zshare.net/download/18712963c487d87c/

Log:

Opening source files

H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1.VOB

General
Complete name : H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1.VOB
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 921 MiB
Duration : 21mn 30s
Overal bit rate : 5987 Kbps

Video
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, Matrix : Standard
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 5187 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 8000 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4/3
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.772

Audio
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Video delay : -96ms

Text
Format : RLE
Format/Info : Run-length encoding
Video delay : -80ms

Menu
Format : DVD-Video

Demux audio and index MPEG-2 using DGIndex

"H:\!Portable\StaxRip\Settings\Applications\DGIndex\DGIndex.exe"
-SD=| -IF=|H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1.VOB| -IA=2 -FO=0 -YR=1
-TN=1 -OM=2 -DRC=2 -DSD=0 -DSA=0 -OF=|H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1| -minimize -exit

Preparer: Demux audio and index MPEG-2 using DGIndex
Start: 16:19:32
End: 16:20:19
Duration: 00:00:47

Filters

MPEG2Source("H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1.d2v")
LoadCplugin("H:\!Portable\StaxRip\Settings\Applications\Yadif\yadif.dll") Yadif()
Crop(2,0,-2,-0)
FluxSmoothST(2)
BicubicResize(480,352,0,0.5)

Audio Encoding

"H:\!Portable\StaxRip\Settings\Applications\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe"
-core( -input "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -15ms.ac3"
-output "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -15ms_AudioOutput.mp4" )
-azid( -c normal -L -3db ) -ota( -d -15 -g max ) -bsn( -vbr 0.3 -2ch )

* Nero Digital Audio Reference MPEG-4 & 3GPP Audio Encoder *
* Copyright 2007 Nero AG *
* All Rights Reserved Worldwide *
* Package build date: Aug 6 2007 *
* Package version: 1.1.34.2 *
* See -help for a complete list of available parameters. *

Process0:05:01:777] transcoding ...
Pro
cessed 466 seconds...

21:26:929] transcoding ...

Visit DSPguru's Homepage at :
http://DSPguru.doom9.net/

Audio Encoding Statistics

Start: 17:57:40
End: 17:59:29
Duration: 00:01:48
Speed: 296 fps
Size: 11,3 MB
Bitrate: 73,54 kbps
Video Bitrate: 575 -> 571

x264

"H:\!Portable\StaxRip\Settings\Applications\x264\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 571
--stats "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1.stats" --bframes 5
--b-pyramid --direct auto --filter 1:1 --threads auto --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim
--subme 1 --partitions none --me dia --output NUL "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1.avs"

avis [info]: 480x352 @ 25.00 fps (32269 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
x264 [info]: slice I:379 Avg QP:22.09 size: 13546
x264 [info]: slice P:12870 Avg QP:24.45 size: 4667
x264 [info]: slice B:19020 Avg QP:25.44 size: 1231
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 15.9% 20.5% 10.8% 13.2% 19.9% 19.6%
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 32.4% 0.0% 67.6%
x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 22.1% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 55.7% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:22.2%
x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 1.5% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 21.7% 0.0% 0.0% direct:16.8% skip:60.0% L0:33.9% L1:54.7% BI:11.4%
x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 22.57
x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:99.9% temporal:0.1%
x264 [info]: kb/s:549.3

encoded 32269 frames, 39.91 fps, 549.34 kb/s

x264 Statistics

Start: 17:59:29
End: 18:12:58
Duration: 00:13:29

x264 Second Pass

"H:\!Portable\StaxRip\Settings\Applications\x264\x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 571
--stats "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1.stats" --ref 5 --mixed-refs
--bframes 5 --b-pyramid --bime --direct auto --filter 1:1 --subme 6 --trellis 1
--partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --threads auto --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim
--output "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.264"
"H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1.avs"

avis [info]: 480x352 @ 25.00 fps (32269 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
x264 [info]: slice I:379 Avg QP:20.22 size: 15468
x264 [info]: slice P:12870 Avg QP:22.48 size: 4910
x264 [info]: slice B:19020 Avg QP:24.00 size: 1214
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 15.9% 20.5% 10.8% 13.2% 19.9% 19.6%
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 20.8% 36.9% 42.3%
x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 8.6% 8.5% 4.8% P16..4: 40.4% 12.6% 7.6% 0.0% 0.0% skip:17.5%
x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 26.0% 1.5% 1.2% direct:10.7% skip:59.4% L0:47.5% L1:42.0% BI:10.5%
x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:35.7% inter:57.6%
x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:95.4% temporal:4.6%
x264 [info]: ref P L0 61.4% 15.9% 10.3% 6.2% 6.2%
x264 [info]: ref B L0 61.4% 18.8% 13.0% 6.8%
x264 [info]: ref B L1 89.0% 11.0%
x264 [info]: kb/s:571.1

encoded 32269 frames, 22.48 fps, 571.17 kb/s

x264 Second Pass Statistics

Start: 18:12:58
End: 18:36:58
Duration: 00:23:59
Size: 87,9 MB

Muxing

"H:\!Portable\MKVExtractGUI\mkvmerge.exe" -o "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1.mkv"
--noaudio --nosubs --default-duration 0:25.000fps "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.264"
--aac-is-sbr 1:1 --language 1:eng --track-name "1:English"
"H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -15ms_AudioOutput.mp4"
--language 0:dut -s 0 "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_0.idx" --chapters "H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01 - Chapter Information - OGG.txt"
--engage keep_bitstream_ar_info

mkvmerge v2.2.0 ('Turn It On Again') built on Mar 4 2008 12:58:13
'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.264': Using the AVC/h.264 ES demultiplexer.
'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -15ms_AudioOutput.mp4': Using the Quicktime/MP4 demultiplexer.
Warning: vobsub_reader: 'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_0.idx', line 63: The line seems to be a subtitle entry
but the timecode was negative even after adding the track delay. Negative timecodes are not supported in Matroska. This entry will be skipped.
'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_0.idx': Using the VobSub subtitle reader (SUB file 'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_0.sub').
'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.264' track 0: Using the MPEG-4 part 10 ES video output module.
'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -15ms_AudioOutput.mp4' track 1: Using the AAC output module.
'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_0.idx' track 0: Using the VobSub subtitle output module (language: dut).
The file 'H:\New Folder\03\VTS_01_1.mkv' has been opened for writing.

The cue entries (the index) are being written...
Muxing took 6 seconds.

Error

MKV muxing failed with exit code 1

stax76
13th September 2008, 19:38
Thanks, but StaxRip 1.0.0.3 works finely. It even cut softsub beautifully.

The old version worked a bit different, it didn't demux mp4 or mkv files but was opening them with DirectShowSource, audio was also decoded with DirectShowSource but since it did not demux the mkv file was opened instead of the demuxed aac file. You can enable the old behaviour, in the options under Preperation add the mkv extension to the decode preparer. Your AAC decoding is probably broke regardless of the container so I don't think the old way will work.

Im getting this muxing error: MKV muxing failed with exit code 1

Looks like mkvmerge has a problem with the idx file, hard to tell how to fix this.

Bh4i
13th September 2008, 23:15
But the file did get muxed correctly after that.

Is there anyway StaxRip can ignore this error? Im asking this cause im ahead of a big project, planning to rip ~40 episodic DVD's...

stax76
13th September 2008, 23:42
I think it's just a ripping problem.

zirkov
14th September 2008, 01:14
I got error message when trying to encode MP4 video, its said "MP4 Muxing Failed". I put my log on attachment

Hero1711
14th September 2008, 06:37
The old version worked a bit different, it didn't demux mp4 or mkv files but was opening them with DirectShowSource, audio was also decoded with DirectShowSource but since it did not demux the mkv file was opened instead of the demuxed aac file. You can enable the old behaviour, in the options under Preperation add the mkv extension to the decode preparer. Your AAC decoding is probably broke regardless of the container so I don't think the old way will work.

Yea, you were right, the old way did not work. When I enabled "Decode audio using DirectShow" for mkv and mp4 files, it did not decode (found no WAV in the folder). But then I reinstalled version 1.0.0.3 and it worked nicely.

Sharc
14th September 2008, 09:22
But the file did get muxed correctly after that.
Were the subtitles correctly synchronized?
I also get this error <MKV muxing failed with exit code 1> sometimes, I still try to figure out when and why.
Sometimes I have to set a delay offset in the idx file in order to get the subs properly synchronized.

Bh4i
14th September 2008, 12:49
I ripped ~12 files and got this error. All of them were perfect, no sync errors at all....

I guess i will have to manually include the subtitles now...

atlan
16th September 2008, 17:48
hello,

x264 [error]: invalid argument: me = 4

I have since then the same problem. Even installing older Versions of Staxrip doesnīt work. The profiles seem to be separate.

Did you solve this somehow?

stax76
17th September 2008, 03:22
I've uploaded a new beta now tolerating mkvmerge error code 1 and fixing x264 switch --me tesa used in the HD-Insane profile.

uladzislau
17th September 2008, 08:41
I've uploaded a new beta now tolerating mkvmerge error code 1 and fixing x264 switch --me tesa used in the HD-Insane profile.
The latest beta 917 has problem with riping subtitles. Before was fine, after update auto rip sub doesn't work any more. I've verified it on the same data were this feature has being working. Also tried clean install -- same problem. BTW, thanks for const qualite insane profile :-). --Vlad.

stax76
17th September 2008, 11:31
The latest beta 917 has problem with riping subtitles.

I guess it's caused by the new temp dir feature, I'll check it.

Ramir Gonzales
17th September 2008, 19:44
I have some problems with this one movie, for all my movies (all about 1h30min long) I convert to .AVI (xVid) after I do a "Compressibility Check", Staxrip advices (for a Quality of 60%) some "resize to " of about 560x240 ... but with this one movie (1h30min long, black and white) ... Staxrip always advises to resize to 380x272 to get a 60% quality.

I guess something is seriously wrong here, why for this one movie Staxrip advises me such a LOW dimension ????

uladzislau
18th September 2008, 08:30
I guess it's caused by the new temp dir feature, I'll check it.
Mmm, any progress on that issue? Thanks!

uladzislau
18th September 2008, 08:39
Juts got my hands on 918 build. So the subtiteles problem persistes. And I have a question, why did you drop B-frames from 16 to 4 in Insane x264 profiles?... Otherwise program is getting better and better :-). Thanks!

stax76
18th September 2008, 09:24
The subtitle issue was like expected introduced with the new temp dir folder feature, I've just uploaded a new beta fixing it.

Sharktooth changed the profiles, please read here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139827) and here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1185313#post1185313).

uladzislau
18th September 2008, 09:56
The subtitle issue was like expected introduced with the new temp dir folder feature, I've just uploaded a new beta fixing it.
I tried the new beta 918.1016, but subs are still not ripped. Thanks for 4 b-frames explanation!

uladzislau
18th September 2008, 09:59
And on more question. If source is interlaced why doesn't StaxRip enables yadif? I always have to preview source and enable it... Maybe I don't understand something here. Thanks!

uladzislau
18th September 2008, 10:09
One sec, I'm wrong, it works! Subs I mean, thank you! But I have another problem to discuss regarding subs. After VSRip I'm getting like 4 .srt files and 1 .idx. They all are same subs but in different format/code page. They all are auto added to MKV container so if I don't remove all srt file from Container Config I'll get 5 english subs streams :-). Do I missing anything here?

Bogg
18th September 2008, 10:47
Latest (hope so) beta version (StaxRip.beta.0918.1016) crashed :). Hm... i wanted to write about my setup, an entire story about how i managed to crash the program... but i've noticed that all the info needed is present in the archive attached.

The only thing is that Windows Vista 64 Business is reported as OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1.

Click here to Download (2shared) (http://www.2shared.com/file/3949544/d04d5ece/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html)
or
Click here to Download (Filebam) (http://www.filebam.com/download/68938-a5b6cd/StaxRip Diagnostic Files.7z)

Thank u STAX (http://forum.doom9.org/member.php?u=13377) for notice :). Now i've uploaded the file to several host's.

stax76
18th September 2008, 12:37
They all are auto added to MKV container so if I don't remove all srt file from Container Config I'll get 5 english subs streams :-).

Does VSRip really create srt files? IIRC it was reported before but I don't remember the reason.

@Bogg

Welcome to the forum, please use a hosting service as stated in the first post. Good to know your OS, unfortunately .NET don't seem to return a more friendly name, probably there is a registry key or something containing a friendly name but I don't know what key it is.

flebber
18th September 2008, 14:37
Staxrip is crashing whenever I try and open an mkv file. http://www.2shared.com/file/3950006/1c8c5e37/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html I am using Staxrip 1.1.1.0.

the error is File C:\Rip\exe\matroska\mkvinfo.exe. C:\Rip\Video\title.mkv The system cannot find the specified file It doesn't matter which file it is it can't open it.

stax76
18th September 2008, 15:27
@flebber

Thanks for reporting. Generally if you have a problem with a application usually it's a good idea to try the beta version if there is one (I've advised this in the first post of this thread ;)), beta versions often fix bugs occuring in stable versions.

gigah72
18th September 2008, 19:59
i have very often the problem that the audiodelay is reported wrong, e.g. now with keinohrhase. staxrip gives -242ms, eac3to gives -5ms (correct), also with latest beta.

Audio
Duration : 23mn 42s
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Video delay : -242ms

VOB, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1 subtitle track, 13:56:01
1: Joined VOB file
2: MPEG2, 576p25 (16:9)
3: AC3, 5.1 channels, 384kbps, 48khz, -5ms
4: Subtitle

stax76
18th September 2008, 20:18
i have very often the problem that the audiodelay is reported wrong, e.g. now with keinohrhase. staxrip gives -242ms

If there is a problem then it's probably a DGIndex problem.

atlan
18th September 2008, 20:58

Thanks, it works well.

btw, thanks for staxrip and keep up the good work! ;)

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

flebber
18th September 2008, 22:23
@flebber

Thanks for reporting. Generally if you have a problem with a application usually it's a good idea to try the beta version if there is one (I've advised this in the first post of this thread ;)), beta versions often fix bugs occuring in stable versions.

Updated to beta but same error still occurs.

atlan
19th September 2008, 06:44
Another Problem.. I donīt know whether its really a staxrip but (I donīt think so really) but Staxrip thinks so ;)

When convert my TV recordings for example to MKV / x264 and Nero AAC. Now my Sister wants to watch a recording on a standalone DVD player. So I open the MKV with Staxrip and every preparation like demuxing went fine. But in the moment I start the project, the conversion of AAC to WAV (to MP3 afterwards) hangs and he complains about no directshow filter for AAC.

I tried everything to install a directshow filter, and I think I already had installed before, because of yourse I can play the MKV with the AA inside on every software player I have installed. But the separate file alone... no clue.

Does anyone have a hint?

stax76
20th September 2008, 13:36
@zirkov

Please upload diagnostic files as described in the first post of this thread.

@flebber

I need the diagnostic files of the latest beta and a sample clip if possible.

@atlan

Same issue like reported a few posts before, DirectShow fails to decode AAC on your system so it seems you are missing a decoder or there is a configuration problem, maybe I can workaround such issues using a non dshow decoder like ffmpeg.

gigah72
20th September 2008, 19:20
If there is a problem then it's probably a DGIndex problem.

would it be possible to integrate eac3to for the audio demuxing/transcoding step?

atlan
20th September 2008, 23:15
@atlan

Same issue like reported a few posts before, DirectShow fails to decode AAC on your system so it seems you are missing a decoder or there is a configuration problem, maybe I can workaround such issues using a non dshow decoder like ffmpeg.

The wrong configuration of AAC DS codes was my first (and second-100 ;) ) thought, too, but I canīt find any mistake. I tried to manually intall the AAC DS codecs you fin on the net but nothing had any effect. And the AAC in the MKV container is working perfectly. But this is decoded with ffmpeg I think.

flebber
21st September 2008, 05:14
http://www.2shared.com/file/3964120/ed91e30/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html and I saved the jpg there as well http://www.2shared.com/file/3964127/90bd8b93/dreamon.html.

Is there anything else you need just let me know.

recreated the error using a smaller source file, as I can't cut or trim mkv files(I can't find out how). http://www.2shared.com/file/3964148/56583184/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html However its still 17mb and still uploading

uploaded http://www.2shared.com/file/3964192/323a6d7/Slipknot_-_Wait_And_Bleed_Anime.html

stax76
21st September 2008, 13:55
would it be possible to integrate eac3to for the audio demuxing/transcoding step?

Probably yes though I don't have any plans for it, if you have enough cmdl shell experience you can configure StaxRip for it yourself (see 'Options/Preperation').

@atlan

Do you get a graph that renders with GraphStudio? Just drag the aac file StaxRip has demuxed on GraphStudio. I get a working graph with following filters:

1. E:\Samples\mkv avc aache\Charme und Melone temp files\Charme und Melone - de-German - sbr.aac
2. AAC Parser
3. ffdshow Audio Decoder
4. Default DirectSound Device

Don't ask me from where I got the AAC Parser filter, it's located in the sys dir and don't contain information about who has created the filter.

@flebber

The file loads here, hard to tell why it doesn't on your system, from where did you get the error:

File C:\Rip\exe\matroska\mkvinfo.exe. C:\Rip\Video\title.mkv The system cannot find the specified file

Was this shown by a message box, in a log file or somewhere else? The files exist, I don't have a idea why it don't work. Only guess it has to do with I/O read/write privilegs. The filename starts with a trailing blank, first I though this is probably the problem but it don't cause a problem here.

flebber
22nd September 2008, 13:29
@flebber

The file loads here, hard to tell why it doesn't on your system, from where did you get the error:

Was this shown by a message box, in a log file or somewhere else? The files exist, I don't have a idea why it don't work. Only guess it has to do with I/O read/write privilegs. The filename starts with a trailing blank, first I though this is probably the problem but it don't cause a problem here.

Yes the error comes up in a pop up box. I have attached a screenshot.

uladzislau
22nd September 2008, 19:49
This not a bug but more of a question. After latest 918 beta build all rips CRF 18 are 25% bigger in size. I use the same preset as before and on the same data getting this result. And this is my own preset, so it's not related to the new set of presets. Any ideas? New build x264 is worst than before?

I did try all kind of options and the best I could get is 15% bigger file size... Don't know. I tried the latest 985 x264 build and getting the same bigger files.

bmnot
23rd September 2008, 01:59
I got error message when trying to encode MP4 video, its said "MP4 Muxing Failed".I'm getting the same error with most transcodes, but the output file is OK and there's no muxer error message in the log. Here's the log: http://www.2shared.com/file/3973926/491efbb4/somefile_StaxRip.html

uladzislau
24th September 2008, 00:00
Does VSRip really create srt files? IIRC it was reported before but I don't remember the reason.
Yes, VSRip creates a bunch of files and StaxRip picks up them all. I can upload sample data for you. Thanks.

Personne
30th September 2008, 20:44
Tried on:
StaxRip.beta.0925.1130.7z
StaxRip_1.1.1.0.exe

First of all great software, this is the only issue I found with it so far (I'm sure there is more :devil: )

When I use File Batch to RIP around 20 videos to get 20 different .avi file (I use Xvid + MP3). The sound gets un-synchorinize with the video. The first files sounds good, but after that, it seems that the sync values is added on top of the previous values. So the last file is definitely not sync with the video.

Example: let imagine that the sync values is -25ms
File1 will get -25ms
File2 will get -50ms
File3 will get -75ms
File20 will get -500ms !!!

Should be easy to fix

Thanks,
Personne

PS: I forget to keep the log :mad:

stax76
1st October 2008, 22:02
@flebber

I've uploaded a beta that writes some additional debug info regarding your problem to the log file. Another improvement included since this beta is that generally all error messages shown by a message box are written to the log file. Please reproduce the error with the new beta and upload the diagnostic file.

After latest 918 beta build all rips CRF 18 are 25% bigger in size.

It should be related to x264 and Sharktooth's profiles, IIRC there is thread on the issue in the avc forum.

@bmnot

Please try the latest beta, I'm not sure if it solves the problem but it should at least provide better debug info.

@uladzislau

I've searched the old/general StaxRip thread for 'srt' using the thread search. A user posted that srt files are created for close caption subtitles (whatever this is), the post can be found here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1145735#post1145735). It would be possible add only one subtitle per language but I'm not sure if that is much better because it could be difficult to pick the best of the available formats.

@Personne

If it happens aggain, please post the log files (using a hosting service) of the first encode plus the last encode, if there is such a bug then it should be visible in the log file.

rrivas
6th October 2008, 22:41
Hello!

I've been having problems re-encoding my DVB recordings, which I have been storing as DIVX/AVI files with embedded subtitles.

When I try to open DIVX compatible file with subtitles, a crash occurs. The details are attached.

Thank you for your fabulous program.

P.S. Please reconsider applying the "interlaced" tick again, now it's replaced by anamorphic tick (which is also great) but it would be stunning to make YADIF handling of interlaced data fully automatic.

Diagnostic: http://www.2shared.com/file/4053611/6f6346cf/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

Personne
7th October 2008, 02:08
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'E:\RIP\Avatar Series 02\Avatar S02e06\Avatar S02e06_StaxRip.log' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Stax.StringExtensions.WriteFile(String value, String path, Encoding encoding)
at Stax.StringExtensions.WriteFile(String value, String path)
at StaxRip.Log.Save()
at StaxRip.MainForm.RunJobs()
at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenJobsDialog()
at StaxRip.MainForm.bSkip_Click()
at StaxRip.MainForm._Lambda$__72(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT HAPPEN !!! Why is the log files used buy another process ???

stax76
7th October 2008, 08:34
@rrivas

Please use a file hosting service as described in the first post of this thread.

@Personne

You could use SysInternals's Process Monitor to monitor file IO in that dir, doing this you disable registry monitoring and process monitoring leaving only file monitoring enabled. Then you add a filter to just monitor a certain directory:

http://planetdvb.net/non_drupal/images/greenshot_2008-10-07_09-26-53.png

StaxRip should be the only application using file doing file IO and there should only be one StaxRip instance.

rrivas
7th October 2008, 17:26
@rrivas

Please use a file hosting service as described in the first post of this thread.

Done.

stax76
7th October 2008, 18:02
@rrivas

Please post a diagnostic file generated with the latest beta (also described in the first post ;).

Sharc
7th October 2008, 23:10
beta 1006 1059: The file *.chunks (by VSRip) is not moved into the temp folder, it remains in the main directory.

stax76
8th October 2008, 07:00
IIRC StaxRip passes just the output folder and VSRip saves only some files in the output folder and saves the chunks file in the source folder so VSRip is causing the issue. Is it critical? If so StaxRip possibly could move the file, would that work?

Ramir Gonzales
8th October 2008, 12:48
Hi people, it will be easier for Stax if you make your diagnostic files avaliable via an online download service instead of attaching it in your post, since it take a LONG time before it becomes available.

flebber
8th October 2008, 13:27
Hi people, it will be easier for Stax if you make your diagnostic files avaliable via an online download service instead of attaching it in your post, since it take a LONG time before it becomes available.

Agree and its also in the first post :eek:

MoUCLAs
8th October 2008, 15:25
I have lately installed StaxRip.beta.0925.1130.7z

Staxrip crashes in the middle of the 1st pass when it is an HD (ts format and h264.) The window of Log freezes and x264.exe "pauses". When i kill the Staxrip.exe process x264.exe continues to run..
I attach the report after a begin Staxrip again and make it manually..

http://www.2shared.com/file/4058382/f662e9d6/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

stax76
8th October 2008, 20:17
@MoUCLAs

Maybe it's because of the issue reported here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1192479#post1192479).

Sharc
8th October 2008, 20:32
IIRC StaxRip passes just the output folder and VSRip saves only some files in the output folder and saves the chunks file in the source folder so VSRip is causing the issue. Is it critical? If so StaxRip possibly could move the file, would that work?
No, not at all critical, I was just wondering about this leftover.

maju
14th October 2008, 10:25
I have recorded a small file calles temp.ts which contains AVC video stream. StaxRip tries to demux this file with DGAVCIndex. Demuxing works but after this step StaxRip crashes with a message that "AutoCrop" file cannot be found ... but "temp_AutoCrop" is existing ...

Applecorner
14th October 2008, 20:08
I'm using Vista (64bit German) and if i have 2 Episodes in Queue there will always be an encoding error without any other messages (see following log)

Also the first encoding seems to be correct afterwards - despites the fact that i have to click 'next' to continue - which troubles me, because i want to encode a bunch of files overnight ...
Btw, i'm using the latest beta (1.1.1.0) and Stax can not automatically determine the Source (normally it should be mpeg2) due to the fact also no audio tracks are available. Further i had the problem (overnight) that as i turned on the shutdown after encoding that Stax had a hang after the first pass and after i turned on my monitor in the morning it was parsing the file and began the second pass ...

Here are the LOG:

http://www.2shared.com/file/4053787/56003284/Renegade_3x12_-_Im_Schloss_der_Killer_StaxRip.html

mindtrapper
20th October 2008, 21:24
I am using XP and latest beta of Staxrip.

When i try to encode wmv files the program demuxes the files and creates the temp folder but with audio outside this folder in wav form. The bug in my opinion is that the demuxed audio file isn't detected by the program and Audio field remains empty. I have to manually select the audio file. That is a problem when encoding multiple files.

Is there any way this can be fixed? Every other format seems to work. From my understanding the problem is the audio file isn't placed in temp files directory?

rrivas
20th October 2008, 21:34
http://www.2shared.com/file/4131460/bab4da7e/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

StaxRip Crashes when trying to open MPEG Elementary source files. I'm using StaxRip via Remote Desktop Connection to a dedicated encoding and networking server, this might have something to do with the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance. The log file is from latest release, but it also happens with latest Beta (But no diagnostic file is outputted with Beta).

Here's also a screencapture of the situation with latest beta:
http://jeeves.turboraketti.org/staxrip/Staxrip_crash.png

rrivas
21st October 2008, 19:00
UPDATE: The GUI-bug above is related to WindowBlinds 6 and will not occur when disabling WindowBlinds for StaxRip application.

flebber
22nd October 2008, 10:33
I receive this error intermittently when opening mpeg files."Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

http://www.2shared.com/file/4139474/617607c9/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

I assume its because the temp file from the previous run is in the same directory as the file.

MoUCLAs
24th October 2008, 09:23
Hello, just downloaded the beta version. I try to load an .ts file with h264 video stream. Stxrip crashes. Here is the bug report: http://www.2shared.com/file/4150841/c163e3cb/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

I have updated the version of the external programs and now it crashes after the indexing is finished with DGAVCindex:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4151332/a3c2ac32/StaxRip_Diagnostic_Files.html

GamesSmash
30th October 2008, 02:58
Well here is a bug report: http://www.mediafire.com/?cvuvgjcozkn

I was forced to downgrade AviSynth to version 2.57 (there is some new beta that I was using) will trying to use this program, so that might be the cause.

EDIT: Your program is pretty handy actually (nice GUI). Thanks.

Lovok
11th November 2008, 13:25
I'm trying to convert mpeg2 file recorded from DVB-T in PAL resolution (720x576) without resizing into x264 mp4 file using StaxRip. Problem is that resulting file has wrong resolution 785x576 instead expected 768x576 (should be fixed by using resize to 768x576 and increasing max. aspect ratio error value in staxrip settings). The same problem is when converting this mpeg2 file for iPod (x264 iPod profile, mp4 file) using resize to 320x240. Resulting file has resolution 328x240 instead of expected 320x240 (should be fixed by increasing max. aspect ratio error value in staxrip settings).

Tried StaxRip 1.1.1.0 and post-1.1.1.0 beta.

ok, now I know what is causing this: ITU-R BT.601 which defines 768 width for 704 width mpeg source, my is 720 so its resized to 785. Strange is that when I play original mpeg file, it's played as 768x576 (seems that video players don't use ITU-R BT.601 either) => converted 785 file is played differently from the original. Result is that I preferably disable ITU-R BT.601 in staxrip accepting slight aspect error than cropping 16 pixels from width of source video.

rrivas
15th November 2008, 21:50
Hello dear Stax!

I've done an automatic DVB encoding script which uses the StaxRIP gui for encoding.

I've got a following problem which I think might be a bug: When I use the command line options of StaxRIP, aspect ratio is ignored. If I load the same file to the gui and start encoding by hand, everything is ok. I've tried the release version and the latest 8.10.2008 beta.

Here is an example of the the CLi options I've been using:

"D:\Video\StaxRIP\StaxRIP.exe" -template:DVBBROWSER-INTERLACED "F:\DVB Conversion Temporary\05-05_01-10-02_Nordic TCM_The Asphalt Jungle_TEMPORARY.d2v" -Parameter/TargetVideoBitrate:2000 -encode -exit

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
rrivas.

dvd_maniac
21st November 2008, 19:18
I'm getting an error when encoding some AVI files. I get the message "MP4 Muxing Failed" but the video file works fine.
I've searched for this in the forums and found a couple of entries but no clear answer on how to get rid of it...
I do alot of batch encodes and it stinks having to clear the error, go into the job list, remove the job and then start up the next one. It kind of makes the Batch process obsolete for me.

I hope the solution is easy

AdamOlmaz
23rd November 2008, 21:05
Hi,
I have a bitrate calculate problem. Bitrate value is too much big. StaxRip Diagnostic Files attached.

My Encoding Properties :
Codec : x264 (r900)
Profile : DXVA HD-HQ
Container : MKV
Size: DVD9 (7950 mb)
Audio : DTS (768 kbps)

pausefisk
6th December 2008, 14:09
I just got a Dreambox DM800 HD tuner, and have some trouble with the .ts files i record. I open the file in StaxRip and it seems to work well, but i just stalls when demuxing it, with no error report. If i press pause the program crash. The recorded video is taken from BBC HD.

Dont know if its worth to mention, but i need to run the orignal recorded video trough TsRemux to be able to open it in H264TScutter, or else it wont open. I've also tried to open original video in tsMuxer, but then it have problem to identify the audio... There seems to be some trouble with recorded HD material from the DM800 tuner. anyway, check included attachment.

flebber
9th December 2008, 03:05
I keep receiving this unhandled exception when I start jobs creating via file batch.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Rip\Source Video\testvideo temp files\Anthrax_-_Black_Lodge.rip'.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at Stax.SafeSerialization.Serialize(Object o, String path)
at Stax.SafeSerialization.Deserialize(Object instance, String path, SerializationBinder binder)
at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenProject(String path, Boolean saveCurrent)
at StaxRip.MainForm.RunJobs()
at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenJobsDialog()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Stax.CommandManager.Process(Command command, List`1 params)
at Stax.CommandManager.Process(String name, List`1 params)
at Stax.UI.CustomMenu.Process(CustomMenuItem item)
at Stax.UI.CustomMenu.OnCommand(CustomMenuItem item)
at Stax.UI.CustomMenu.MenuClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Stax.UI.ExtendedToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
StaxRip
Assembly Version: 1.1.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/StaxRip/StaxRip.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Stax
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/StaxRip/Stax.DLL
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Betsy25
9th December 2008, 07:20
I think there is no more need to report bugs or feature requests, since the program is abandoned.

flebber
9th December 2008, 15:56
I think there is no more need to report bugs or feature requests, since the program is abandoned.

Read Stax Last announcement http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1191786#post1191786

Chevy787
9th January 2009, 01:18
I need some help here.... I get this error when trying to load any type of video into StaxRip

The obsolete plugin MPEG2DEC conflicts with the plugin DGDecode

kldsad
19th January 2009, 21:30
Wonderful program but I have 1 small problem. I get everything setup to run. I choose all my option. I have run the compressibility test. Its all ready and I start the encoding process. All goes well as long as a leave the lid on my laptop open. If I close the lid Staxrip will pause between steps (1 - encoding audio, 2 - first video pass, 3 - second video pass). I have my laptop set via Windows to do nothing when the lid is closed. I believe it just turns off the display. No power managment is turned on either. Any help would be appreciated as I like to run these at night when I am not using the laptop and I prefer the lid close to conserve the display.

:thanks:

-TiLT-
20th January 2009, 20:37
I have noticed a small problem when staxrip is dealing with audio delays.
Audio is cut without including the delay, resulting in missing audio either at the end of the track or at the beginning.

The delay should be taken account of, when vdub cuts the track instead of applying it when the streams are muxed.

avdw
21st January 2009, 03:12
Please stop posting bug reports, the Staxrip project is DEAD.

burfadel
21st January 2009, 05:23
Staxrip project isn't dead, its just sidelined. I don't think people saying that its dead is going to help either!

IF YOU LOOKED AT HIS WEBSITE :D

Staxrip is open source and the sourcecode is available, others are quite welcome to modify it, maybe call it Staxripmod (Staxmod)?

zora
24th January 2009, 21:50
Why is it that staxrip wont encode my audio to mp3? As source I have a mkv (which I want to convert to divx) and I give Staxrip the avs file (with audio=true), but in the log it says that the audio file is just 22 seconds long and it goes straight to converting the video.

Is there any other divx encoder, which supports avisynth/softsubs?

Jackie
22nd February 2009, 13:44
Hello,

thanks alot for this tool, I am quite new to Staxrip, have just installed the latest build and downloaded all the utilities it takes. I am trying to convert a DVB-S2 Rip to a mkv file, but I am haing a problem: after I open my file, StaxRip starts to do something, opens a log window, and after that, it doesn't do anything more. Here is the log file that's on my screen for hours now, it simply stops after 2 minutes, and does nothing. Do you have a hint for me what may be wrong?

When I press pause, it says "Staxrip has crashed", I have included the logfile also.

Opening source files

G:\FILME\_1_FESTIVAL_IFA\08-29_14-10-00_EinsFestival HD_Planet Erde.ts

General
ID : 4B1
Complete name : G:\FILME\_1_FESTIVAL_IFA\08-29_14-10-00_EinsFestival HD_Planet Erde.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 2.78 GiB
Duration : 49mn 59s
Overal bit rate : 7959 Kbps

Video
ID : 1601 (0x641)
Menu ID : 28396 (0x6EEC)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Duration : 49mn 59s
Bit rate : 7451 Kbps
Width : 1280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 50.000 fps
Scan type : Progressive

Audio
ID : 1602 (0x642)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Resolution : 16 bits
Video delay : -1s 293ms
Language : German
Language_More : Clean effects

Menu #1
ID : 300 (0x12C)
Menu ID : 28306 (0x6E92)

Menu #2
ID : 400 (0x190)
Menu ID : 28307 (0x6E93)

Menu #3
ID : 500 (0x1F4)
Menu ID : 28308 (0x6E94)

Menu #4
ID : 600 (0x258)
Menu ID : 28309 (0x6E95)

Menu #5
ID : 700 (0x2BC)
Menu ID : 28310 (0x6E96)

Menu #6
ID : 800 (0x320)
Menu ID : 28311 (0x6E97)

Menu #7
ID : 1200 (0x4B0)
Menu ID : 28385 (0x6EE1)

Menu #8
ID : 1500 (0x5DC)
Menu ID : 28395 (0x6EEB)

Menu #9
ID : 1600 (0x640)
Format : AVC / MPEG Audio
List : 1601 (0x641) (AVC) / 1602 (0x642) (MPEG Audio, ger)

Menu #10
ID : 1800 (0x708)
Menu ID : 28397 (0x6EED)

Demux audio and index AVC using DGAVCIndex

"C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\StaxRip\Applications\DGAVCIndex\DGAVCIndex.exe" -i "G:\FILME\_1_FESTIVAL_IFA\08-29_14-10-00_EinsFestival HD_Planet Erde.ts" -o "G:\FILME\_1_FESTIVAL_IFA\08-29_14-10-00_EinsFestival HD_Planet Erde.dga" -a -h -e

Preparer: Demux audio and index AVC using DGAVCIndex
Start: 13:29:12
End: 13:30:25
Duration: 00:01:13

Thanks alot

tehniobium
2nd March 2009, 01:52
Hello,

I'm in the situation of having to convert some MKV's to divx to make them play on a philips DVDR3570H. Your program seems to be the perfect solution, but a bug (so it would seem) is stopping it from working. Here is the problem I'm experiencing:

The source MKV file is composed of a single H284 video track and a single AAC audio track. When I import it into StaxRip there don't seem to be any problems. I then use the profile menu to change the encoder and container to divx (constant quality, home theater profile), and the audio to MP3 160kbps. Everything still ok. Next till the jobs list comes up, still no problems.

As soon as I start the job however, a dialogue box comes up telling me that there has been a VirtualDub Error. I click ok and staxrip says it has crashed and exits to my desktop. I've attached the diagnostics file. I can provide a link to the torrent file I got the .mkv file from if this is necessary.

In advance: thanks a bunch for your help, and thanks again for a powerful multipurpose tool!

- tehniobium

bingo
27th March 2009, 10:53
same problem as tehniobium

fulgur
24th April 2009, 10:46
Opening source files

C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.ts

General
ID : 1
Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 2.53 GiB
Duration : 2h 19mn
Overal bit rate : 2597 Kbps

Video
ID : 140 (0x8C)
Menu ID : 2 (0x2)
Format profile : Main@L3.0
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Duration : 2h 19mn
Bit rate : 2302 Kbps
Display aspect ratio : 4/3
Scan type : MBAFF

Audio
ID : 141 (0x8D)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Resolution : 16 bits
Video delay : -963ms
Language : Slovenian

Menu #1
ID : 101 (0x65)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)

Menu #2
ID : 102 (0x66)
Format : AVC / MPEG Audio
List : 140 (0x8C) (AVC) / 141 (0x8D) (MPEG Audio, slv)

Menu #3
ID : 103 (0x67)
Menu ID : 3 (0x3)

Demux audio and index AVC using DGAVCIndex

"D:\Downloads\Applications\DGAVCIndex\DGAVCIndex.exe" -i "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.ts" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.dga" -a -h -e

Preparer: Demux audio and index AVC using DGAVCIndex
Start: 20:12:31
End: 20:15:42
Duration: 00:03:11

Compressibility Check

"D:\Downloads\Applications\x264\x264.exe" --crf 18 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --subme 6 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4 --trellis 1 --threads auto --progress --sar 251:255 --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor_CompCheck.264" "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor_CompCheck.avs"
avis [info]: 704x576 @ 25.00 fps (10486 frames)
x264 [info]: using SAR=251/255
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 PHADD SSE4 Cache64
x264 [info]: slice I:189 Avg QP:16.35 size: 50210
x264 [info]: slice P:5523 Avg QP:18.55 size: 26610
x264 [info]: slice B:4774 Avg QP:22.31 size: 9764
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 40.7% 0.0% 59.3%
x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 11.1% 0.0% 18.2% P16..4: 23.2% 16.6% 9.8% 0.7% 0.5% skip:19.9%
x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 1.0% 0.0% 1.3% B16..8: 31.0% 6.5% 10.8% direct: 5.6% skip:43.9%
x264 [info]: ref P 80.8% 13.8% 5.4%
x264 [info]: ref B 87.5% 12.5%
x264 [info]: kb/s:3873.1

encoded 10486 frames, 23.34 fps, 3873.32 kb/s
15 %

Filters

AVCSource("C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.dga")
Crop(8,0,-8,-0)
BicubicResize(512,432,0,0.5)

Audio Encoding

"D:\Downloads\Applications\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.dga PID 08d L2 2ch 48 192 DELAY -714ms.mp2" -output "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.dga PID 08d L2 2ch 48 192 DELAY -714ms_AudioOutput.mp3" ) -azid( -c normal -L -3db ) -ota( -d -714 -hybridgain ) -lame( --alt-preset cbr 128 )

Visit DSPguru's Homepage at :
http://DSPguru.doom9.net/

Audio Encoding Statistics

Start: 20:24:41
End: 20:31:07
Duration: 00:06:25
Speed: 543 fps
Size: 127,9 MB
Bitrate: 127,97 kbps
Video Bitrate: 830 -> 830

x264

"D:\Downloads\Applications\x264\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 830 --stats "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.stats" --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --threads auto --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --subme 1 --partitions none --me dia --output NUL "C:\Documents and Settings\MH\My Documents\My Videos\04-14_15-22-26_SLO2_GLASNIK, oddaja TV Maribor.avs"

avis [info]: 512x432 @ 25.00 fps (209565 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 PHADD SSE4 Cache64

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Error

x264 encoding failed

I captured some .ts video with my Pinnacle DVB-T USB stick. Captured video is MPEG4 and not MPEG2. Then I try to encode this video in .mkv file with x264 codec. Everything goes fine for maybe 30 minutes and then i just get error message that x264 encoding failed... Sometimes if I try to encode such video (but much smaller in size), everything is fine and the whole process succeed... But I dont know why I get this error message everytime when I encode bigger MPEG4 DVB-T transport stream files (these ones I capture with DVBViewer).... Also if I try xvid codec there is error message....

Please help me!!!! Thaaaanks

stax76
24th April 2009, 12:17
@fulgur

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

This looks like a x264 crash, please try the latest StaxRip beta with the latest x264 build and report the issue to the x264 devs if it still crashes.

stax76
24th April 2009, 12:44
@tehniobium & bingo

I tried something similar which worked, I guess it's related to the source format, maybe you can upload a sample clip to rapidshare.

fulgur
24th April 2009, 12:54
Thanks for reply :p

I downloaded the newest version of staxrip (and all external applications).... Then I try to encode again and when I run compressibility test, I get this error (after 20 minutes):

http://www.shrani.si/t/3L/uc/3BR8lcra/x264.jpg (http://www.shrani.si/?3L/uc/3BR8lcra/x264.jpg)

If I try Xvid, there is also error.

Betsy25
25th April 2009, 07:42
That's clearly a x264 error, if it happens with XVid too, then I guess your system must be unstable.

Perhaps run some stress test overnight, and some memory testing.

Some people like to overclock, run some stupid tool like Orthos for some 10 minutes, and THINK their system runs stable, but it doesn't, you can only know if you run something like an encoding which stresses the CPU for 10 hours or more.:)

w4tt4n4b3
25th April 2009, 11:28
Yesterday I uninstalled ffdshow application and x264xfw.
Today I threw an avi file into staxrip and it produces the .avs files vcf, wav etc but then it remains in staxrip log status after the dubbing process from VDMod ends.

Megui crashes as well.
These two were working perfectly yesterday.
Is there anything to do with uninstalling the the ffdshow application?
I attached the staxrip crash report...

w4tt4n4b3
25th April 2009, 16:35
Error signature
szAppName : StaxRip.exe szAppVer : 1.1.1.0 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

The following files will be included in this error report
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0b5a.dir00\StaxRip.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0b5a.dir00\appcompat.txt

w4tt4n4b3
25th April 2009, 20:45
I am using staxrip right now. And the encoding seems to stop from time to time. I take a look at the log and the encoding is stuck at 36%... the x264.exe in the Windows Task Manager is at 7% meaning that no real encoding is taking place.

Could anyone please help me?

w4tt4n4b3
25th April 2009, 22:57
I noticed that when autocrop is enabled in StaxRip then it crashes after loading and avi file and the VirtualDubMode dubbing process is over.

Is there a fix for this?
I do not know why it is happening now.
Yesterday it was ok...
Again when I do not select autocrop it does not have a problem until encoding starts. Then at 34.6% of encoding, the cpu load drops below 10% and the encoding gets stuck...

Could anyone help?

flu5h
28th May 2009, 11:00
Staxrip wanted to download a new version of dgavc index and crashed early on in the download.
I don't know why it wanted it cos I was doing exactly the same project yesterday and it didn't request it then.
It's happened twice so far.
Anyway here are the crash reports.
:helpful:

Karkas
4th June 2009, 08:48
Just tried staxrip for the first time tonight, it crashed apparently thinking the file was in use. As far as I can tell nothing was touching it. Even rebooted teh computer and gave me the same error message.

Here's the log, can't play with it more tonight.

Vlad Tepes
25th June 2009, 13:48
Happy to see that there's still development on this great program. Now my little bug-report:

- StaxRip seems to have a problem when temporary files of the same video-file are already existing. Then it often crashes, but not everytime. Deleting the temporary files solves the problem.
Maybe this is your problem, Karkas.

- When StaxRip is processing an mkv or mp4, it doesn't extract the audio at all. (happends to me all the time, with actual beta and previous version)

- When StaxRip is processing an wmv, it extracts the audio in the file-folder, but not in the temporary-folder. And it does not auto-select the audio. (happends all the time, with actual beta and previous version)

- When opening VOBs (strangely only sometimes) I get the error that DGIndex doesn't support commas in filenames. There are no commas in VTS*.VOB files. Using DGIndex manually and use the outputfile (2dv?) solves the problem.

- When encoding an avi with internet-typical non standard sound (VBR or Null-Values - VirtualDub gives me error messages when opening the avi with it) in the last time the sound is mute in the last 10 or 20 seconds. This happens to me since i downloaded the latest beta of StaxRip and updated the DivX Codec (don't know which is causing the problem).

- Many audio-streams are not extractet from *.avi. StaxRip doesn't extract ADCPM and Mpeg-Audio (information from "MediaInfo") at all.

And just a question:
Since I'm using the latest beta from the planetdvb website with the update of the x264.exe in StaxRip my encodings are much slower. Is this normal?

Please, forgive me, I'm not a native english speaker.

Betsy25
25th June 2009, 19:13
I don't think there's still development. (Hope I'm wrong though).

stax76
26th June 2009, 03:19
I've ordered my planetdvb.net domain to be closed, the site will be down shortly, I'll update some external applications then, try to fix some bugs and make a release at the new SourceForge site. The download and auto update feature will be disabled, the external applications will be available in a big package at SourceForge.

chaot
1st July 2009, 10:35
when ist the new release ready?

i downloaded the beta and it does not work perfekt. :(

stax76
1st July 2009, 20:35
@chaot

What was the problem?

@Vlad Tepes

I've fixed the wmv issue, for anything non critical/common I've hardly time and would need help to fix.

@Karkas

Looks you opened all VOB files, you have to open only the VOB files containing the main movie.

@flu5h

I've removed the download feature because it was depending on the old website which I've shut down.

@w4tt4n4b3

Does x264 hang generally or only within StaxRip?

Poopoo
2nd July 2009, 22:57
when ist the new release ready?

i downloaded the beta and it does not work perfekt. :(

You probably extracted over your existing version, leaving the Stax.dll file there. It crashed here also, but after deleting the Stax.dll file, everything goes well.

Bilskate
20th July 2009, 07:36
Sorry, I've posted this message in the "... Lightweight ..." thread, I post it here it's probably the right thread :

Hi, Stax. I've StaxRip 1.1.1.2 beta and since today I'm on Windows 7. And I think it doesn't really work with Windows 7, when I "click on next to add job" I always get this message " Can't register the YV12 decoder. StaxRip hasn't sufficient user privileges to perform the requested operation. In order to gain the sufficient privileges close StaxRip, right-click the StaxRip shortcut or the executable and select 'Run as administrator' from the context menu " .

Of course I did that, and I also run StaxRip with the real (hidden) admin mod account and I got the same message.

Can you confirm me that it's because of Windows 7 or is there a way to solve this problem ?

Also I wanted to install the older version (the executable one) to see if it works, , but I didn't find it.

Cheers,

Ryan.

stax76
20th July 2009, 11:26
It's not a StaxRip bug but by some underlying API causing StaxRip not detecting privileges correctly, I had changed the code with much shorter code but didn't test it because the code was so trivial and I didn't expect it would not work, you can register XviD or ffdshow as YV12 decoder manually or run the StaxRip setup that can be found in the 'External Applications' dialog and will register it or wait until I upload a workaround (shortly).

Bilskate
20th July 2009, 19:53
It's not a StaxRip bug but by some underlying API causing StaxRip not detecting privileges correctly, I had changed the code with much shorter code but didn't test it because the code was so trivial and I didn't expect it would not work, you can register XviD or ffdshow as YV12 decoder manually or run the StaxRip setup that can be found in the 'External Applications' dialog and will register it or wait until I upload a workaround (shortly).

Ok running it manually I don't know how to do it or I don't understand what you mean.

But I run the setup and it works know. I wasn't able to run the setup before, because "Power2Go" was always using the avisynth files (I wonder why :confused:). So I forced the suppression of the avisynth folder using Unlocker and run the setup again and it's ok now.

Thank you Stax :)

Bilskate
21st July 2009, 00:17
Hi Stax, it's me again.

I have another problem, but this one I have it since a long time, since all previous version of StaxRip.

When I do this :

- Encoder : DivX
- Container : DivX
- Container configuration : -> Add -> French SRT or Any ASS

It's doens't work. The encoding ends with an error (4 or 7).

SRT files : It works if it's in English & doesn't work if it's in French

SSA files : It doesn't work at all, English or French.

It's because of the French accents, when I remove all the accents it works, but it take too much time to remove all the accents, is there a way to solve the problem ?

For the error 4 (.SSA files) I suppose it's because DivX can't mux .SSA files ?

Here is the log for error 7 (French SRT) :

Opening source files

C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1.VOB

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1.VOB
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 946 MiB
Duration : 23mn 34s
Overal bit rate : 5610 Kbps

Video
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, Matrix : Standard
Bit rate : 4642 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 8260 Kbps
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.797

Audio #1
Channel positions : L R

Audio #2

Audio #3

Text #1
Video delay : 23mn 30s

Text #2
Video delay : 23mn 30s

Menu
Format : DVD-Video

Demux audio and index MPEG-2 using DGIndex

"C:\Users\Bibi\Desktop\Edition Video\StaxRip_1.1.1.2beta\Applications\DGIndex\DGIndex.exe" -SD=| -IF=|C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1.VOB| -IA=2 -FO=0 -YR=1 -TN=1 -OM=2 -DRC=2 -DSD=0 -DSA=0 -OF=|C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1 temp files\VTS_05_1| -minimize -exit

Preparer: Demux audio and index MPEG-2 using DGIndex
Start: 21:26:28
End: 21:27:09
Duration: 00:00:40

Extracting Subtitles

Start: 21:27:11
End: 21:27:36
Duration: 00:00:24
Speed: 1436 fps

Filters

MPEG2Source("C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1 temp files\VTS_05_1.d2v")
Trim(0,860)

Audio Cutting

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc_Cutting.avs","",0);
VirtualDub.stream[0].SetSource("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\VTS_05_1 01 en-English 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3",0x00000203,0);
VirtualDub.stream[0].SetMode(0);
VirtualDub.subset.Clear();
VirtualDub.subset.AddRange(0, 860);
VirtualDub.stream[0].Demux("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\VTS_05_1 01 en-English 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms_Cutting.ac3");

Audio Cutting Statistics

Start: 00:54:52
End: 00:54:59
Duration: 00:00:07
Speed: 114 fps
Size: 0,8 MB

Audio Cutting

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc_Cutting.avs","",0);
VirtualDub.stream[0].SetSource("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\VTS_05_1 03 iv-2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.wav",0x00000201);
VirtualDub.stream[0].SetMode(0);
VirtualDub.subset.Clear();
VirtualDub.subset.AddRange(0, 860);
VirtualDub.SaveWAV("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\VTS_05_1 03 iv-2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms_Cutting.wav");

Audio Cutting Statistics

Start: 00:54:59
End: 00:55:01
Duration: 00:00:02
Speed: 426 fps
Size: 6,3 MB

First Pass Codec Parameters

06_08_05_00012_VfWCodec: -bvn1 57273000 -vbv 4854000,3145728,2359296 -dir "C:\Users\Bibi\AppData\Roaming\DivX\DivX Codec" -w -b 1 -profile=3 -preset=4 -parout 16:11

First Pass Encoding

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc.avs","",0);
VirtualDub.video.SetMode(1);
VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x78766964,0,10000,0);
VirtualDub.SaveAVI("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc_FirstPass.avi");

First Pass Encoding Statistics

Start: 00:55:03
End: 00:55:16
Duration: 00:00:13
Speed: 65 fps

Single, Second or NTh Pass Codec Parameters

06_08_05_00012_VfWCodec: -bvnn 780000 -vbv 4854000,3145728,2359296 -dir "C:\Users\Bibi\AppData\Roaming\DivX\DivX Codec" -w -b 1 -profile=3 -preset=4 -parout 16:11

Single, Second or NTh Pass Encoding

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc.avs","",0);
VirtualDub.RemoveInputStreams();
VirtualDub.video.SetMode(1);
VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x78766964,0,10000,0);
VirtualDub.SaveAVI("C:\\Users\\Bibi\\Demuxage\\Test\\VTS_05_1 temp files\\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc_EncoderOutput.avi");

Single, Second or NTh Pass Encoding Statistics

Start: 00:55:16
End: 00:55:27
Duration: 00:00:10
Speed: 80 fps

Muxing

"C:\Users\Bibi\Desktop\Edition Video\StaxRip_1.1.1.2beta\Applications\DivXMux\DivXMux.exe" -v "C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1 temp files\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc_EncoderOutput.avi" -a (Audio -en;01) "C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1 temp files\VTS_05_1 01 en-English 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms_Cutting.ac3" -s (Subtitle -fr;01) "C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\Sous-titres\FrenchSRT - Sans code.srt" -o "C:\Users\Bibi\Demuxage\Test\VTS_05_1 temp files\1Audio_1FrenchSRTsc.divx"

Error

DivX muxing failed with exit code 7

romit
21st July 2009, 08:08
Sorry, I've posted this message in the "... Lightweight ..." thread, I post it here it's probably the right thread :

Hi, Stax. I've StaxRip 1.1.1.2 beta and since today I'm on Windows 7. And I think it doesn't really work with Windows 7, when I "click on next to add job" I always get this message " Can't register the YV12 decoder. StaxRip hasn't sufficient user privileges to perform the requested operation. In order to gain the sufficient privileges close StaxRip, right-click the StaxRip shortcut or the executable and select 'Run as administrator' from the context menu " .

Of course I did that, and I also run StaxRip with the real (hidden) admin mod account and I got the same message.

Can you confirm me that it's because of Windows 7 or is there a way to solve this problem ?

Also I wanted to install the older version (the executable one) to see if it works, , but I didn't find it.

Cheers,

Ryan.

I'm having the same problem in XP-SP3.:scared:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc202/reemaromit/Untitled.png

you can register XviD or ffdshow as YV12 decoder manually

How? has it got something to do with:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

VIDC.YV12 value:confused:

Bilskate
21st July 2009, 13:33
Hi romit why don't you run the External Applications Setup like Stax said, it worked for me.

You just have to do that :
- Open StaxRip
- Click on Tools
- Then Click on External Applications
- Then Click on Setup
- Now close StaxRip in the background, just let the StaxRip Setup Window opened
- Then Click on Execute Setup Now !

It will install step by step all the necessary applications & files.

And then it will work.

If it doesn't, just try to run the software as Admin.
If you encounter a problem during the installation of Avisynth. You have to remove the actual Avisynth from your Program Files before executing the Setup.

stax76
21st July 2009, 20:38
@romit

Yes I think this is the key but I do not recommend using regedit but rather using the ffdshow config dialog:

VFW configuration -> Codecs -> Raw Video -> YV12

stax76
22nd July 2009, 00:33
@Bilskate

I guess it's a DivX mux problem, maybe it works if you convert the file to ANSII encoding using a text editor.

cbsjanten
22nd July 2009, 09:39
Hey guys
iv been using staxrip for a year or so
recently my dvb-c source has changed to 1080i from 720p
when i am cutting in the file i get this error after some time
http://dvdguider.org/PICS/fejl.png
i can push R to rebuild and it works 2 or 3 times then stax crashes

this is my source video info
Video
ID : 3900 (0xF3C)
Menu ID : 3900 (0xF3C)
Format profile : Main@L4.0
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Duration : 53mn 52s
Bit rate : 8 782 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Resolution : 24 bits
Scan type : MBAFF
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.169
Stream size : 3.30 GiB (91%)

i have the errors running vista 32 bit and win7 x64 no difference
anybody have a clue?

stax76
22nd July 2009, 10:28
This is a error generated by AviSynth and the cause might be a bug in a filter, how does your script look?

cbsjanten
22nd July 2009, 12:56
avs looks like this
AVCSource("L:\07-08_03-55-02_NGC HD_Hemmelige hajhuler\07-08_03-55-02_NGC HD_Hemmelige hajhuler_cut temp files\07-08_03-55-02_NGC HD_Hemmelige hajhuler_cut.dga")
LoadCplugin("F:\BACKUP FRA INDEN FORMAT\StaxRip_1.1.1.2beta\Applications\Yadif\yadif.dll") Yadif(0)
Crop(2,0,-2,-0)
LanczosResize(1280,720)
Trim(76,13094) + Trim(16351,38845) + Trim(41851,67970) + Trim(71225,80641)

when i cut i only have checked source and feild
after cut i do crop and resice

stax76
22nd July 2009, 13:07
Does it still happen if you disable all but the source filter?

cbsjanten
22nd July 2009, 13:12
i will give it a try....i am encoding now again...it dident get the filzise right i 2 pass
ill test i about 3 houers when its done

i have 2 say i reallly enjoyed this apps for a long time....no probs what so ever when i have 720p source
so thx for all your good work

edit
is there anyway to get leakkerneldeint to work whit this edition of stax?
the best and fastsets deinterlacer i know

stax76
22nd July 2009, 13:28
It requires a bit deeper understanding of StaxRip and AviSynth, a project/template holds a filter setup and a filter setup holds filters, for the filters there are filter profiles which you can reach with a right-click on filters, for the filter setups there are filter setup profiles which you can reach in the main menu and the profiles/templates are also in the main menu. AviSynth is one of the most important applications in StaxRip like x264 and therefore is well supported in StaxRip.

Bilskate
22nd July 2009, 14:12
@Bilskate

I guess it's a DivX mux problem, maybe it works if you convert the file to ANSII encoding using a text editor.

Hi Stax, it's already in ANSI, doesn't work. It only works when there are no accents in it. :(

cbsjanten
22nd July 2009, 16:15
Does it still happen if you disable all but the source filter?

yeah the error still comes but i can rebuild with R
stax dosent crash like before :D

stax76
22nd July 2009, 17:10
@Bilskate

You could search if there might be a newer version for DivXMux available and try it if there is.

@cbsjanten

You can try if when loading the script with VirtualDub the error also occurs and post to the AVCDGDec support thread.

Bilskate
22nd July 2009, 17:54
Hi Stax, in fact I just tried with another French subs and it worked. I think it doesn't reject any accent but maybe one kind of accent, I just have to figure out now what character doesn't work.

MoUCLAs
28th August 2009, 10:03
Hello,
why is the choise to "add x264 profiles" removed from the 1.1.1.4.7 version?

Also, Templates from previous versions aren't compatible?

stax76
28th August 2009, 10:28
@MoUCLAs

MeGUI support was removed because there were major changes in x264 which resulted in:

hard to keep up-to-date with new fields added by MeGUI
hard to keep in sync with fields changed by MeGUI
hard to interoperate between different MeGUI and StaxRip versions

It's hard enough to add all x264 changes and the benefit of MeGUI profiles has become questionable because x264 has now built in profiles and other new features that improve ease of use greatly and StaxRip has great support for these new features. On top of that StaxRip can now import/export profiles as well so somebody might provide a batch of profiles that were created with StaxRip instead of MeGUI, still I would rather try to do my own profiles.

@all

I realized it's easier to support StaxRip in a single thread, the one found in my signature, please try to post there instead of here.

TRippers
2nd July 2010, 18:54
Hi,
I Turkish ripper. Satxrip program is unicode problem. I changed the settings but the problem could resolve Windows unicode. @ Satx76 help you on this matter? Screenshot below ...
Version : 1.1.6
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4902/ssa.png

burfadel
2nd July 2010, 19:08
The source file you are trying to encode contains the unicode characters. Try renaming it, then see if the problem still exists :)

TRippers
2nd July 2010, 19:17
File name: video
Extension: mpeg
I want to DVBRip. I want to use the XviD codec, the file you import. The name itself is identified. Filename itself. ".avı" is written as. I want to change but the project closes. Divx Plus codec .mkv is not the problem. Problems when you import a file "avi" and not ".avı" for the writing ...

Sorry for bad english ... :)

burfadel
2nd July 2010, 19:29
If the source file is called video.avi the output file should automatically be changed to video_new.avi

In Windows Explorer, try renaming the source file completely to:
filename.avi

If the original extension wasn't .avi, replace .avi with the correct extension.

Its worth a try at least.

Johan Anderson
1st May 2017, 17:11
Hi,

I am using the test version 1.4.3.2 and I am getting the following error for Intel h265:

Error: Unknown value "h265" for "--codec"

Start: 18:03:22
End: 18:03:22
Duration: 00:00:00

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Encoder output file is missing

My Intel graphic card is activated and has quicksync. When I use the check hardware option, I get QuickSyncVideo (hw encoding) unavailable. Any idea why this occurs?

My specs are these: Processor - I7-4702MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GeForce GT 750M.