PDA

View Full Version : Problems muxing subtitles into MP4

allanon019
7th June 2008, 03:33
Hello, I have been trying to mux subtitles into MP4 for many months now and been having lots of problems doing so. Here is what I have done:
I've tried muxing vobsubs into MP4 via Yamb and Megui, but they both don't work for me (playback was on Nero Showtime). The subs do show up but only Some subs show up.
I've also tried Handbrake, but the video quality isn't near as good as on Megui with X264.
I've tried using subrip .srt and muxing that in yamb, but it loses its position of where it shows up on the screen. (This seems to only work on Video Lan player, and not others like MPC)

The only thing that seems to have worked are external subtitles, but I will be converting these video files into other formats, and won't be able to use external subs.

I've also tried AutoMKV and using the MP4 container, but I can't seem to get cropping and resizing to work correctly. Also the output only seems to work on VLP again.

Here's what I just want to get working: Hardsubbing vobsub, or srt with screen positioning, or softsubbing. If there's a way I can keep using Megui for my x264 encodes and just mux in subtitles I'd be very happy.
And yes, I used the search and read whatever available guides there are.