PDA

View Full Version : subtitles with dvd2svcd

TheeeGod 3
15th January 2002, 20:23
i have been using dvd2svcd to rip many movies and burn them. i have checked "rip subtitles" on some movies and they do not show up in the film. when i look in the folder they are there as .bmps, but they do not show up in the movie when i put show subtitles on. i have a pioneer dv 440. can anyone suggest what to do?

basilio
16th January 2002, 00:08
I used DVD2SVCD to burn SVCD with subtitles (1.0.5 build 4, SVCD subtitles)

When I play the disk (using Sampo DVE-611 player), it would not show the subtitles. When I press subtitle button on the remote it looks like the player lets you select subtitles, however they do not show.

I tried different things - and suddenly it worked! So I watched the movie and turned the player off.

The problem is - I do not remember how I got there. No matter what I did since - I was not able to get subtiiles any more.

Please help!

daxab
17th January 2002, 05:56
I strongly recommend using permanent subtitles.

Cons:
- Not switchtable
- Takes up some of your encode bits

Pros:
- Doesn't depend on player
- Currently, more reliable

I also recommend using VobSub rather than submux. This requires a little extra work but the results are exceptionally good. See my thread in the DVD2SVCD Newbies forum.

basilio
17th January 2002, 12:36
Thanks!

How can I get to your thread?

Originally posted by daxab
I strongly recommend using permanent subtitles.

Cons:
- Not switchtable
- Takes up some of your encode bits

Pros:
- Doesn't depend on player
- Currently, more reliable

I also recommend using VobSub rather than submux. This requires a little extra work but the results are exceptionally good. See my thread in the DVD2SVCD Newbies forum.

daxab
17th January 2002, 18:21
Look here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13812).

TheeeGod 3
18th January 2002, 22:53
there HAS to be another. im not a big fan of permanent subs. any other suggestions?

Antonio S.
19th January 2002, 19:19
TheeeGod 3:

Check this...http://rilanparty.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12829

I hope this help you...

Antonio S.

PD-Just remember to use the "CVD Style" option...