PDA

View Full Version : DVD-9 -> 2x DVD-5 with menus and extras

Doom9
13th January 2002, 22:33
well... I guess we can push that process to the extreme. I just got a report that you can indeed keep the extras and menus. The trick is to keep the VMG files (derrow, am I correct to calling video_ts.* VMG objects.. I'm not a 100% there) and the menu VOBs (vts_XY_0.vob) and otherwise proceed as in my guide on that matter (except for that you will of course not have to check the very last option in the vob extras menu (creating new ifo files))...

I've been doing too much ripping stuff already today (with absolutely no success :( so I haven't verified this yet but give it a shot...

WZ_Man
14th January 2002, 04:52
I have done this on a couple of dvds myself. Worked great. Just when you think that you've got it down and try not burning on a dvd-rw then something goes wrong.

I found this on non dvd-9 movies as well. When I kept the menu and extras in there, occasionally the movie screws up.

Some of the things that I have found were stalled frames when switching chapters and sometimes the movie just stops.

I figured I forgot to press the GET VTS sectors button on ifoedit, so I redid it on a DVD-RW this time. Same result.

I went back and created all new .ifo files and the movie worked flawlessly...

So, I would suggest that you test the movie on a DVD-RW if you are going to do this. So that you don't ruin an expensive dvd-r disc...

It could have been a bug in an early version of ifoedit too.. I really don't know..

Just thought I would share my experience with you all.

-WZ

Coop920
15th January 2002, 21:15
Originally posted by WZ_Man
I have done this on a couple of dvds myself. Worked great. Just when you think that you've got it down and try not burning on a dvd-rw then something goes wrong.

I found this on non dvd-9 movies as well. When I kept the menu and extras in there, occasionally the movie screws up.

Some of the things that I have found were stalled frames when switching chapters and sometimes the movie just stops.

I figured I forgot to press the GET VTS sectors button on ifoedit, so I redid it on a DVD-RW this time. Same result.

I went back and created all new .ifo files and the movie worked flawlessly...

So, I would suggest that you test the movie on a DVD-RW if you are going to do this. So that you don't ruin an expensive dvd-r disc...

It could have been a bug in an early version of ifoedit too.. I really don't know..

Just thought I would share my experience with you all.

-WZ

wanna explain this in more detail to me...like PM me or something cause this it the exact thing i'm trying to do right now

Coop:rolleyes: