PDA

View Full Version : Question about AnyDVD HD 6.4.0.0

QuadcoreHD
24th March 2008, 15:05
Hello All,

First of, congrats and many thanks to Slysoft for all their efforts! so here goes:

I have not upgraded from an older version of AnyDVD HD I have on my machine (I don't recall the exact version, but its 6.3.x.x) because of internet connectivity at home (I'm currently at work) but plan on doing so in the very near future.

My question is, when previously ripping titles with BD+ protection (the Simpsons Movie, for example) the issue I would run in to is that of the 100+ .m2ts files, the "feature" files (which it seems theres at least 4 or 5 of them) wouldn't play properly with PowerDVD Ultra - I would get choppy playback with no sound. Is this problem, along with demuxing/muxing issues (the specifics of which are appropriate for another thread) related to the inability of AnyDVD HD 6.3.x.x to properly decrypt BD+ titles?

In addition, will these same files play normally when ripping/decypting with 6.4.0.0?

Thanks.

QuadcoreHD
24th March 2008, 15:24
Also, do I need to be connected to the internet while 6.4.0.0 is running to properly decrypt BD+ titles?

Many thanks.

gioowe
24th March 2008, 15:39
Normally, ripped movies with BD+ encryption can be decrypted again by using an ISO/UDF image. Check their forum for current problems with BD+ movies.

And you only need an internet connection for unknown movies, BD+ decryption does not require one.

QuadcoreHD
24th March 2008, 16:17
thanks for the response gioowe, but a couple of questions.

Quote: Normally, ripped movies with BD+ encryption can be decrypted again by using an ISO/UDF image"

Can you explain the process behind "decrypting again"? I'm not familiar what that is used for, or how one would go about doing that at all.

Also, what do you mean by "unknown" movies?

gioowe
24th March 2008, 19:41
Allow me to send you there http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14838

And "unknown" movies are movies with a key that the latest AnyDVD version (or your running version) doesn't have. AnyDVD uses an internal database for MKBv4 titles. Only MKBv3 & MKBv1 processing keys are in this database. MKBv4 is deliberately missing.

Peer van Heuen
24th March 2008, 20:31
My question is, when previously ripping titles with BD+ protection (the Simpsons Movie, for example) the issue I would run in to is that of the 100+ .m2ts files, the "feature" files (which it seems theres at least 4 or 5 of them) wouldn't play properly with PowerDVD Ultra - I would get choppy playback with no sound. Is this problem, along with demuxing/muxing issues (the specifics of which are appropriate for another thread) related to the inability of AnyDVD HD 6.3.x.x to properly decrypt BD+ titles?

Please note that, when playing individual m2ts files (as opposed to selecting the complete folder you ripped to) you will often experience those problems you described.
Most certainly if those are BD+ titles where BD+ hasn't been removed.
But also non-BD+ titles may show that behaviour. In that case it is not a protection issue (AnyDVD can't do anything about it).
PowerDVD will need all of the disc contents in order to select the right streams from the ts files.

QuadcoreHD
24th March 2008, 21:52
Thanks very much for that information Peer, and again, thanks to you and the rest of the Slysoft team. You guys are truly amazing.

On somewhat of a side note, does anyone know where can i find information on what verision of AACS is on a particular BD disk?

gioowe
24th March 2008, 22:35
Check the 12th byte of file MKB_RO.inf - that byte contains the MKB version number.

(dword 00000008h)