PDA

View Full Version : R4M Error while using dvd decrypter

manoflogan
28th January 2008, 09:27
Hi,

When I try to use R4M to rip a movie, I get the following error using DVD Decrypter.

Failed to set data for "
Failed to set data for DVDDecrypterPlayMovieOnArrival
Failed to set data for " (five times)

I dont know what that means. But I have noticed that ever since I have had this problem, I am getting bad packet error when I try to rip the subtitles.

Please help me here.

Thanks,

dialysis1
28th January 2008, 09:58
What's the name of the movie?

setarip_old
28th January 2008, 18:04
@manoflogan

Hi!I am getting bad packet error when I try to rip the subtitles.This doesn't sound like anything to do with RipIt4me...

manoflogan
29th January 2008, 04:59
It is any movie. I was ripping Love Actually. It wasnt encrypter but I ripped in the movie mode. I just upgraded to Vista and the problem has occurred since then.

blutach
29th January 2008, 11:19
I don't have Vista but don't some progs need to be run as Administrator for them to work?

Regards

Wombler
29th January 2008, 20:52
I don't have Vista but don't some progs need to be run as Administrator for them to work?

Regards

Both RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter need to be set to run in administrative mode to operate correctly on Vista.

Wombler

manoflogan
30th January 2008, 09:04
I am ripping it in Adminstator mode ,but still I am getting this error.

Well, just to test I opened DVD Decrypter exe from the Windows path and just closed it without doing anything else. It returned the same errors. Please help

Wombler
30th January 2008, 18:37
I am ripping it in Adminstator mode ,but still I am getting this error.

Well, just to test I opened DVD Decrypter exe from the Windows path and just closed it without doing anything else. It returned the same errors. Please help

You need to set both to run in administrator mode and not just RipIt4Me.

If you've already done this and it's still not working then try also setting them both to run in Windows XP Compatibility mode.

Other than that I'm not sure as you shouldn't have any problems running these under Vista in normal circumstances.

Wombler

manoflogan
30th January 2008, 20:59
Does anyone know how to do this in Vista? Any online tutorial is welcome.

Wombler
31st January 2008, 09:41
Does anyone know how to do this in Vista? Any online tutorial is welcome.

Administrator Mode

Right click on program, select properties, click on advanced button, place a tick in the 'run as administrator' check box.

Compatibility Mode

Right click on the program, select properties then the compatibility tab.

Place a tick in the 'run this program in compatibility mode for' check box.

Choose XP Service Pack 2 from the drop down menu.

HTH.

Wombler