PDA

View Full Version : Avisynth & filters

cyspur
25th January 2008, 16:21
Good day:)

I have been reading about Avisynth & filters like MVtools, the SeeSaw script & others. As i am new to these things i would to ask a few questions please.

1. Can i use virtualdubmod to insert these filters into?
2. Do i place the SeeSaw avs file in the Avisynth folder or in the plugins folder?
3. Where would i open or place these scripts or filters in virtualdubmod?

I would like to sharpen a very old movie i have on vhs which i converted to dvd. Thanks for any response.

Leak
26th January 2008, 12:37
1. Can i use virtualdubmod to insert these filters into?
You can use almost any program that uses VfW or DirectShow to open AVI files, including (of course) VirtualDub(Mod), your favourite media player, many(?) commercial video editing apps, GraphEdit and whatnot...

2. Do i place the SeeSaw avs file in the Avisynth folder or in the plugins folder?
You can change it's extension to AVSI to load it automatically, or you can put Import("<full path to the SeeSaw AVS file>") at the top of your script.

3. Where would i open or place these scripts or filters in virtualdubmod?
You open AviSynth scripts like any old regular AVI file in your application of choice. Of course, you'll have to use a text editor (which may or may not be included in a video editing application, like VirtualDubMod [which is waaaay old and non-maintained], AvsP or, if everything else fails, Notepad) to actually edit them.

I would like to sharpen a very old movie i have on vhs which i converted to dvd. Thanks for any response.
I'd recommend reading the documentation that comes with AviSynth for a bit since it helps to know what one is doing (and what is doable) with AviSynth - you'll find a link to it in your start menu... :)

np: The Orb - Back Side Of The Moon (Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld Deluxe Edition (Disc 1))

cyspur
27th January 2008, 10:54
Thank you Leak, i appreciate your useful info.:)