PDA

View Full Version : Can't copy Apocalypto - copy protection?

psychollector
12th December 2007, 23:08
I was trying to copy the German release of Apocalypto to my HD for later viewing, but in DVDDecrypter it didn't load the DVD and in DVD Shrink I get this message: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Programmiung error - exception occured." I can view the DVD with PowerDVD though.

Could this be because of the copy protection? How can I get around the copy protection?

setarip_old
12th December 2007, 23:56
Hi!

The most recent vesions of any of the following will properly rip, or allow you to rip, your version of "Apocalypto":

1) RipIt4Me

2) DVDFDabHD Decrypter

3) DVD95Copy

4) AnyDVD

Sammler
16th January 2008, 19:40
I also found that RipIt4Me was not able to copy the region 2 version of this DVD (Standard DVD).
The latest version of AnyDVD was Ok and removed the protection on the fly so that I could back the DVD up. Probably this has been asked before, but why can Slysoft keep going with AnyDVD when RipIt4me got taken offline?

Is there any danger that AnyDVD will be hit. After all people pay a licence to use it.

setarip_old
16th January 2008, 20:00
why can Slysoft keep going with AnyDVDLocated in Antigua - If I remember correctly, that island nation chooses to ignore International copyright laws...