PDA

View Full Version : splicing two movie videos together as one in veedub64

PsychicHigh
27th November 2007, 22:46
I have two video files, both are of the same movie and I am trying to combine the two as a single file to convert into dvd format.

The audio in both was a messed up form of AC3 and no audio codec was able to work except for the one built into nero vision.

I ripped the audio out of both and put together into an uncompress PCM wave audio file. Going to mux it into the XviD afterwards before converting to dvd format. Unless anyone knows of how to skip that whole process.

Now the video files. Both are XviD and I'm trying to splice the two together without quite having to reencode both parts as a single video (if possible) or reencode as to where there is no quality loss.

In several attemps over the past few days through avs scripts and just plain out file->splice avi, nothing has achieved duplicatable results.

Current files are approx 1000KB/s for video bitrate. First few attempts yielded at approx 328KB/s doing two pass xvid. Just this morning the same operation with absolutely nothing changed somehow resulted in a video file of about 45KB/s.

mv-ns.avs

AviSource("z:/tmp/mv1.avi", false, fourCC="XVID") +AviSource("z:/tmp/mv2.avi", false, fourCC="XVID")

mv.avs

avi = AviSource("z:/tmp/mv-ns.avi", false, fourCC="XVID")
wav = WavSource("z:/tmp/mv-s.wav")
AudioDub(avi,wav)

Using veedub 1.7.6 (build 28292/release-amd64) as well as xvid 1.1.3 x64 build

Processing this as a batch job. Loading the avs and telling it to do two pass- first pass with saving the information to z:/tmp/mv-ns.pass
and then on two pass- second pass loading the information from z:/tmp/mv-ns.pass

XviD settings are typical Profile @ Leval unrestricted. Quantization type H.263
enabled Adaptive quantization

Everything is left as default.

Never really had this problem before, done this plenty of times before.

setarip_old
27th November 2007, 23:15
Hi!I have two video files, both are of the same movie and I am trying to combine the two as a single file to convert into dvd format...Going to mux it into the XviD afterwards before converting to dvd format. Unless anyone knows of how to skip that whole process.Why don't you simply make a new backup of your original, commercial DVD?

PsychicHigh
28th November 2007, 23:29
Hi!Why don't you simply make a new backup of your original, commercial DVD?

Unfortunately it's not a commercial dvd but some skate and snowboard video shoots we produced. The guy that originally processed the videos put it into 2 xvid that would fit onto normal cds but now we are going to produce it as an indie dvd project for a local shop. We don't have the minidvds that we recorded onto the one that had them moved and no one can contact the guy.

Outside of that we're practically stuck.

Eventually was able to do a shitty work-around, by over-estimating the video bitrate on single-pass, but I still can't seem to get two-pass working right. Just tried it a few times last night as batch jobs and each one was anywhere between 95~105MB in size (just video) when it should be around 1.4~1.6GB.

Original files were encoded at 1000 KB/s video rate each using twopass on veedub. Messing around with singlepass I got it around 12xx KB/s just to keep current video quality.

-- Edit:
Would it be a better idea to instead of combining the 2 avi into 1 and muxing the audio, and then re-encoding again to dvd
to just straight up combine the 2 avi and output as mpeg2 dvd compliant video, muxing the audio (in wav format instead of mp3) and then turning that into a dvd?