PDA

View Full Version : Copying timings from .SSA to .SSA

mjr4077au
4th November 2007, 03:25
Since my IDX files overlap in SubRip, I have ripped them anyway and I want to transfer the timings from one file to another.

If I goto Subtitle Workshop > Edit > Timings > Read timings from file, it doesn't replace the timings, just something else.

What would be the best way to go about copying timings from Subtitle to Subtitle?

[P]ako
4th November 2007, 15:15
If you just want to convert SSA to ASS, get Aegisubs and open the SSA then save as ASS.

ArchMageZeratuL
5th November 2007, 00:19
Aegisub 2.00 experimental builds have a "paste over" feature, that allows you to paste lines replacing the ones "below" it, and you can limit it to only certain fields. This allows you to paste only the times over the other file, if that's what you want to do.

http://malakith.net/aegiwiki/Pre-release_builds#New_installer-based_builds

mjr4077au
5th November 2007, 00:38
Aegisub 2.00 experimental builds have a "paste over" feature, that allows you to paste lines replacing the ones "below" it, and you can limit it to only certain fields. This allows you to paste only the times over the other file, if that's what you want to do.

http://malakith.net/aegiwiki/Pre-release_builds#New_installer-based_builds

Thanks. I actually do use Aegisub v1.10 to apply styles and convert to .ASS. I'll get v2.0 and see if it works for me.

mjr4077au
5th November 2007, 01:36
There is either more lines in my newer subtitles or less lines and thats probably why Subtitle Workshop is screwing up for me. I copied the text from the good over the bad and yeah, there for some reason, seemed to be less lines.

On a much more annoying note, I have to re-input my styles into Aegisub but that should only take about 10 or 15 mins. Thanks for all the help.

Anime
7th November 2007, 14:47
Subtitle Workshop will screw up lines not in the lang.

exmaple if i have japanese + chinese subtitle; i export from aegis sub as GB2312;

i opend in subtitleworkshop, those japanese line all disappear...zzzzzzzzzz

for adjustment of timing(ass,ssa,srt,vobsub) i use subresync as unicode
for compraring subtitle file i use beyond compare

but i have no expirence in ripping subtitle from dvd, because i more into creating subtitle for RAW DVD

ArchMageZeratuL
7th November 2007, 15:08
Subtitle Workshop will screw up lines not in the lang.

exmaple if i have japanese + chinese subtitle; i export from aegis sub as GB2312;
You can't do that, you can't have Japanese characters (traditional kanji + kana) in that character set. Exporting will fail.

Just use Unicode and use only programs that support it (e.g. Aegisub). The only thing that Subtitles Workshop can do that other programs can't is convert from a myriad of formats (although, quite often, it does it in a completely wrong way).