PDA

View Full Version : How to create my own default TextSub Filter settings?

bent
2nd November 2007, 08:43
When I'm inserting permanent subtitles with Textsub filter in virtualdubmod into my videos, I use the same Textsub filter settings (font /size/color/type, position on screen, etc...) to all my videos, and I always need to change those settings from the default one each time (try to do it when you working on 10+ videos and see how annoying it can be).

So my question is how do I change the default Textsub filter settings to my own "default settings" in virtualdubmod, so I won't need to change them each time all over again?

mjr4077au
2nd November 2007, 11:12
When I'm inserting permanent subtitles with Textsub filter in virtualdubmod into my videos, I use the same Textsub filter settings (font /size/color/type, position on screen, etc...) to all my videos, and I always need to change those settings from the default one each time (try to do it when you working on 10+ videos and see how annoying it can be).

So my question is how do I change the default Textsub filter settings to my own "default settings" in virtualdubmod, so I won't need to change them each time all over again?

Maybe make an .SSA or a .ASS and burn that in. That way you can have whatever font and position directly in your text subtitles wherever you go.

May I ask, why burn-in's? You stuck on AVI for compatibility?

bent
2nd November 2007, 12:12
Maybe make an .SSA or a .ASS and burn that in. That way you can have whatever font and position directly in your text subtitles wherever you go.

May I ask, why burn-in's? You stuck on AVI for compatibility?

sorry, i don't understand?

Mtz
2nd November 2007, 12:21
When you convert a srt subtitle to ssa with Subtitle Workshop for example, in the settings of the program you can set the font, size, etc of the font.
After that, next time you'll only load the srt file and save as ssa (substation alpha) in few seconds. I'm making this in 5 seconds. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

bent
2nd November 2007, 12:37
oic...but that would take time converting .srt to ssa...

no way to set default settings for font for .srt files in virtual dub mod?

mjr4077au
2nd November 2007, 13:37
oic...but that would take time converting .srt to ssa...

no way to set default settings for font for .srt files in virtual dub mod?

Sorry I didn't elaborate properly about the different subtitle format. When using SubtitleWorkshop, you can just drag-n-drop the SRT straight in and re-save it as a .SSA or .ASS. The whole process shouldn't take more than 3-4 seconds after you've configured your font, position, size etc. After that... sweet sailing.

bent
2nd November 2007, 17:16
ok, thanks a lot for the help!