PDA

View Full Version : Help!! How to Super-Impose DVD Karaoke Subtitle to Output Video

leowai
1st November 2007, 17:27
I recently purchased a DVD video with following stream:

1: Video
2: Audio
----> Channel 1 (Song)
----> Channel 2 (Karaoke)
3: Subtitle
----> Off
----> Karaoke Subtitle
----> MV Subtitle

I've tried various players but NON of the PC based multimedia players (incl. KMPlayer, MPC & etc) play the Karaoke Sub correctly. They only show up the white colour subtitles without the blue colour overlay kind of effect running over the chars one by one.

The only player works on the karaoke subtitle is Nero ShowTime.

Is there anyone experienced this before? I would like to Super-impose the KTV subtitle into the video stream for conversion so that it can be shown in portable devices.

I've extracted Karaoke subtitle from VOB files and managed to load the under AVISynth. However, as expected, only the white colour subtiles without any karaoke effect are shown in the output video! This is exactly the same as watching movie with switching subtitles!

So, Dear Experts, is there any chance/function that can make super-imposed "KARAOKE" subtile video output using AVISynth?

Trimmed DVD video source can be downloaded from here (16.8MB).
http://www.pointupload.com/en/server/DA6A09C116/SHE---Play-KTV---Trimmed-7z.html

manusse
2nd November 2007, 22:56
Hi,

I've tried to open the demuxed sup (using pgcdemux) with SubtitleCreator and it seems to open them well. As it can output PNG bitmaps, maybe this can help.

I think your subtitles use CHG-COLCON which are not supported by most of the free software players. But I think WinDvd and PowerDvd support them. And all the Stand Alone Players support them.

Cheers
Manusse

leowai
5th November 2007, 07:41
@manusse, Thanks for the feedback. :thanks:

OK, now I know that some free players are lack of the support of 'CHG-COLCON' subtitles and they can't display the Karaoke subtile correctly. :devil:

Thanks for the clues and suggestions. I'll try it once I'm free at home.

leowai
6th November 2007, 14:49
After test, I can demuxed sup using pgcdemux and SubtitleCreator but they are shown without implementing the 'CHG-COLCON' feature in original source.

I'm wondering is there any way to make 'CHG-COLCON' works in avisyth script file so that I can super-impose the Karaoke subtitles as part of the video?

Any Chance?

manusse
6th November 2007, 21:46
but they are shown without implementing the 'CHG-COLCON' feature in original source
That's not what I notices with the sample you've posted. Make sure you are using the last version of SubtitleCreator (2.2).

Cheers
Manusse

leowai
13th November 2007, 17:40
OK. I'll try again. Thanks.

leowai
14th November 2007, 16:52
I've downloaded the latest SubtitleCreator v2.2.2 (from www.free-codecs.com) and I see some differences in the new run.

The latest version (v2.2.2) did process for 'CHG-COLCON' command but it's not fully supported yet. Here is the result I have.

Since it's Karaoke subtitle, it shows two lines of lyrics at one time (upper line and lower line). I see the first char of the subtitle turn into blue and the rest remain white for the first subtitle. The subsequence subtitle shows all the chars in first line (more than two) had already turn into blue, second line remains as white.

This means it can't show animation like effect of the original karaoke subtitle played in DVD players.

No matter how, thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep looking for other solutions too.

manusse
14th November 2007, 20:51
Even if I don't think it will solve your problem, note that SC's last version is 2.2 and not 2.2.2. (2.2.2 is a beta version).

You can get it here (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=120228).

Cheers
Manusse