PDA

View Full Version : Capture Problem with Sound

mcquicker
26th October 2007, 10:58
This is the type of problem that might overlap to other forums, if so, guide me to the right forum and will be most grateful.

Problem:

Capturing video from VHS to AVI, to my PC using several methods, including Nero, AverMedia and VirtualDub.

The problem is that on playback the sound is terrible. The sound on the VHS is fine, and I've even recorded the sound from the VHS at the same time I'm Capturing, using Adobe Audition, and the playback from that separate recording of sound, from Audition, is fine.

I have also captured video/sound from TV-Cable using an AverMedia TV card, and the same parameters that I use to Capture the VHS, and it records and plays back just fine.

I've tried Capturing the VHS to Uncompress AVI, as well as to Mpg, etc. but they all produce the same terrible sound. When I try to resample, the sound still sounds awful.

Can someone please suggest what is going on and how to deal with it?

Many thanks in advance...

Peter
----------
Running WXP Sp2
Yamaha Sound Card
1mb Ram
LOTS of space in HDs

DonQ
26th October 2007, 19:23
You're using Line-In? In VirtualDub, first set input levels properly (V - volume meters on, Audio - Windows Mixer to adjust). Then choose audio compression, "No compression (PCM)" is best while recording.