PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles aren't displayed in split .mkv

saint-francis
24th October 2007, 17:48
As the title says I have a .mkv that contains two sets of subtitles (idx.sub) and they won't play if I split the file when muxing. The subtitles load fine if I don't split the .mkv. When split they are listed but DirectVobSub doesn't load. The movie is a HDDVD backup and I am planning on keeping it on two DVD's so the splitting is necessary for me. I created the subtitle files using SubtitleCreator from the .sup's I demuxed with EVODemux. The other tracks are an x264 .mp4 video, an ac3 original audio track and a foreign and a commentary track. It seems that being able to split a file with subtitles should work with .mkv since I have been able to do it in the past with other containers. Any ideas?

unskinnyboy
25th October 2007, 16:02
Could you post a sample of this file for which the subs wouldn't load? Let us check. The subs should display for the split files, theoretically.

saint-francis
25th October 2007, 21:50
Here you go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/65166583/Children_Of_Men_Sample.mkv.html

The first 30 MB. Subtitles don't play.

Mtz
26th October 2007, 13:31
If you'll can't find a quick solution, you can split the idx/subs file in 2 parts and mux them in each part of the mkv.

enjoy,
Mtz

saint-francis
26th October 2007, 15:29
If you'll can't find a quick solution, you can split the idx/subs file in 2 parts and mux them in each part of the mkv.

enjoy,
Mtz

Interesting idea. It seems like a lot of work just to accomplish something that theoretically should work normally. But I'm not really in a rush. It would be nice to get all of the information off of my HDD but other than that I've got all the time in the world. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong or if this is a bug with the GUI or mkvtoolnix.

Nicholi
26th October 2007, 23:19
Here you go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/65166583/Children_Of_Men_Sample.mkv.html

The first 30 MB. Subtitles don't play.

The subtitles seem to be working fine here. Latest Haali Media Splitter with VSFilter.

saint-francis
27th October 2007, 00:15
WTF!? Maybe my having vobsub installed is causing this trouble? I use vsfilter and the haali media splitter with cccp .
I'm going to uninstall vobsub and cccp and reinstall cccp and see what happens.

Can anyone else confirm that this works for them?

Edit:

Oh S**t! That did it. It works now. Just reinstalled the same version of cccp that I had before.
Any way thanks for confirming Nicholi.