PDA

View Full Version : Ripping subs (IFO) with Vobsub in a multi angle movie?

blonde_mr
6th January 2002, 22:10
Anyone experienced with ripping subs with Vobsub in a multi angle movie?

If I rip angle1 of the movie using Vstrip to new output files (including the substreams) till my HD - How can I then use Vobsub in Virtual Dub when I only have a "old" -multi angle- IFO file on the dvd? Vstrip did not make a new IFO file.

I guess I would new a "new" IFO file for only the main angle which I'm ripping? Any good ways around this?

regards

blonde_mr

ukendt
7th January 2002, 19:12
I'm not sure I understand what U mean..(my english is poor sometimes).
Maybe U're sweedish or norvegian ? (it's 'cause of the word "till" istead of "to"). In this case U may write in your original language.
German or french will do too....(I'm not quit sure about italian and spanish but give it a try anyhow if one of those is ur mother tongue)
Sincerely
Ukendt

gabest
7th January 2002, 20:27
Originally posted by blonde_mr
Anyone experienced with ripping subs with Vobsub in a multi angle movie?

If I rip angle1 of the movie using Vstrip to new output files (including the substreams) till my HD - How can I then use Vobsub in Virtual Dub when I only have a "old" -multi angle- IFO file on the dvd? Vstrip did not make a new IFO file.

I guess I would new a "new" IFO file for only the main angle which I'm ripping? Any good ways around this?

regards

blonde_mr

You have two choices:

Remember the interleaved vob ids you can see in vstrips output and remove one of them from each pairs in vobsub before indexing. In this case press the OK boutton to start creating the subs.
Rename the ifo to match the beginning of the newly created vob and use the "wide" button for indexing. Try this method first.

gabest
7th January 2002, 20:33
Originally posted by ukendt
I'm not sure I understand what U mean..(my english is poor sometimes).
Maybe U're sweedish or norvegian ? (it's 'cause of the word "till" istead of "to"). In this case U may write in your original language.
German or french will do too....(I'm not quit sure about italian and spanish but give it a try anyhow if one of those is ur mother tongue)
Sincerely
Ukendt

LOL :) Guess again, Ukendt! A little hint:

"blonde_mr

blonde_mr
7th January 2002, 21:22
Gabest; thanks for your reply. I tried renaming the IFO, but I didn't do the wide button for indexing. I will try this first the next time (for now I left Phantom Menace without subs.) - If it don't work I would try the other option, but it was my first time with Vstrip so...it will take me some more tame.

Ukendt; almost right dude - I'm a Norwegian living in Amsterdam. So, it's a good mixture and so are my languages, all screwed up ;=)

blonde_mr

ukendt
7th January 2002, 22:00
Jeg har rippet Starwar episode 1 som har de første ca. 5 minutter
(der hvor teksten om hvad der foregår i galaxien vises på forskellige sprog)
i ca. 20 forskellige udgaver. Den sidste version af Vstrip giver mulighed for at vælge hvilken
af udgaverne der skal med: den færdige, rippede version vil kun have det sprog du har valgt og der vil være mulighed for at se filmen uden eller med undertekster
(jeg har rippet den med såvel danske som norske undertekster).

BTW: Gabest ! I was right............the guy is norvegian

gabest
8th January 2002, 08:28
Originally posted by ukendt
BTW: Gabest ! I was right............the guy is norvegian

You lucky bastard :)