PDA

View Full Version : Getting IBX keys and a way to defeat MS WM-DRM 11.0.6000.7000

Pages : [1] 2

sectroyer
23rd September 2007, 13:05
Hi.
Wanted to start a talk how we can extract (an how it is already done) IBX keys. According to technical details of freeme:
Since the
IndivBox.key file is shuffled in a random way for each client, these
keys would be extremely difficult to extract from the file itself.
Fortunately, we don't have to: these keys are part of the object state
that is maintained by this library, and since the offset within this
object of these secret keys is known, we can let the library itself
extract the secret keys! The code for this simply loads up the "black
box" library, has it initialize an instance of the object, and then
reads the keys right out of that object.
As I belive now it should not be that easy to extract keys from this object and probably this is not what FairUse4WM/mirakagi does. But I believe it gets IBX public key (It can be found for instance in license database file) and then tries to find it in IndivBox.key. As we may suspect somewhere "near" this key should be private key. This would explain why it outputs something like this:
AES: 4e 68 d7 2b c6 01 cf 5a 1e f3 3f ee 1f 73 a3 45
Decoding secondary keys
Please wait for 19587 attempts.
It is finished.
As I suspect these "19587 attempts" are just tries to check whether some set of bytes is the private key or not. But does anyone know how we can perform this check? I think about taking one license from the license file and trying to decode content key. It should be "short" and (not sure of this) begin with 7.
Regards.

Ajax_Undone
24th September 2007, 16:28
Is it a random access AES key generator...

It might search for the the key that unlocks the file to gain access to the data contained in the IBX... (ie Brute force attack)...

sectroyer
24th September 2007, 17:54
Is it a random access AES key generator...

It might search for the the key that unlocks the file to gain access to the data contained in the IBX... (ie Brute force attack)...
No it isn't I have found viodentias post that explains what is really going on :)
The AES key displayed in new key extraction
For the v11 individualization, v2ksndv.bla (or v2ks###.bla) is now an XML file. There are two tags of particular interest, the first 40 bytes of "c:PKCert" is the public key for ECC encryption and the "Keys" which stores all the secondary keys.

Each time you re-individualize, the DLL sends "escrowed" key information to Microsoft's servers which decrypts it and re-encrypts it inside this secondary key table. These are all the keys for previous individualizations.

The <Keys> tag is encrypted with AES in Counter mode using the displayed key. To decrypt, create a 16-byte BIG-ENDIAN counter (that is, 16 bytes of 0, next would be 15-bytes of 0's and one 1 byte, and so forth). Encrypt that with the AES key. XOR the output with the next 16-bytes from the tag.

Once decrypted, the Keys tag holds a XML document which in turn has both the old ECC keys (which v1.3 happily extracts for you), and some RSA keys - the RSA keys are apparently new for v11, and I don't know what they're for.

By the way, if one looks at the individualization process in Wireshark, it's conceivable that future individualizations can be handled with the assistence of Microsoft's own servers.
Now I just have to understand it and implement :D

Ajax_Undone
25th September 2007, 06:26
LOL well good luck he confused me...

sectroyer
26th September 2007, 22:34
I think I understand what he meant. I will just need to implement and test it :) Unfortunately he didn't explain how to get this AES key :( But it's a piece of code less to reverse engineer :D

Ajax_Undone
29th September 2007, 06:13
You might try getting a Copy of the Microsoft digital rights management SDK 10.1.2... After all thats how Viodentia did his program... I know that you have to register with MS and buy a licence to use it I think... or find it on a Bittorrent Site...

ANyhow good luck unlocking the secrets of the empire...

sectroyer
29th September 2007, 10:08
I want to crack wm-drm without using any ms code and without linking with any ms drm libraries :)

people are pork
29th September 2007, 22:03
There is much confusion, of which I will try and resolve. This information is my own fabrication. It may not represent actual reality. Nor do I speak for any employers, past or present.

The IBX or Individual Black-boX is a method of practical implementation of access control. The goal is to entangle decryption capability with policy enforcement in a manner that resists separation.

Concretely: The IBX only decrypts video for a blesssed player application.

An IBX is just a DLL (renamed to .key), that contains two assymmetric keypairs (1 - Elliptic Curve Cryptosystem, see freeme doc. 2 - RSA, not documented) and one symmetric key (explained later). It also contains the code to parse licenses, checks that the system clock hasn't been moved backwards, verifications that it is running on the same hardware, and signature validation for the players. When things work perfectly, the application gives the IBX the XML licenses + encrypted file data, and gets back fresh clean multimedia data.

In theory, this is doomed - all the keys are in the hands of the attacking parties. In practice, the inevitable is delayed by layers of obfuscation and renewability. As long as each version lasts long enough for the next to be prepared, then the system is reasonably secure.

For WM11, IBX files are obfuscated by a tool called "warbird", which is more of an ineffectual surrender chicken. The process likely goes like this, for a large number of IBX components.
1. Generate random key data
2. create source from templates + key data
3. Compile into object files
4. apply "warbird" obfuscations
5. link (shuffling the order of object files)
6. sign

Warbird uses the linkage information in the object files to make certain alterations.
It encrypts certain whole routines, some randomly picked, others based on configuration.
Other routines are seperated into basic blocks (a flow of asssembly statements without a branch), each block is encrypted individually, and the branches are removed (stored in a seperate table).

The encryption is a home grown, weak cipher that uses two 24 bit keys (one for even bytes, the other for odd bytes). The keys are either stored in the IBX, or are calculated in code based on hashing other parts of the IBX to ensure integrity.

To further protect the valuable asymmetric keys, the keys are stored in a mutated form. They are transformed by XORring with a random value, as well as being rotated.

One problem in this scenario is that each IBX has a key, but it is impossible to handle upgrades. If you have IBX v0, and software upgrades you to IBX v1, you want to play all your old files! We handle this in both directions with an associated file (XML, ending in .bla). This file contains your current asymmetric keys, encrypted to a secret private key that only the individualization servers have. When you go to upgrade, this "escrowed" data is encrypted with the new IBX's symmetric key, and stored in the XML file.

Recap:
.key - Obfuscated: ECC key pair, RSA key pair, AES key
.bla - Encrypted to Microsoft key: ECC keypair, RSA keypair, AES key. Encrypted to AES key: ECC/RSA keypairs for PREVIOUS IBX files.

c0redump's method used in fairuse4wm and mirakagi worked by extracting the private ECC key data and AES key from the IBX due to the weak obfuscation. Since the key data is mutated, instead of executing IBX code to undo the mutation, the attack just tried every possible mutation on the ECC key data.

The new IBX tries to prevent these issues by increasing the number of mutations to make the attack infeasible, using more instructions and better checking to make emulation difficult, and improving slightly improving some microobfuscation. Some of the code that came from cloakware can't be rewritten at this time, so some weaknesses remain.

However, this new version complexifies the simple scanning attacks that worked on the prior versions.

people are pork
29th September 2007, 22:10
To answer an unasked question - what can you do?

it is feasible for a moderately skilled attacker to get the keys from any single IBX. Preventing this is impractical. Obfuscation only aims to prevent tools from working over the long term.

The easiest attack to mount, then, is to figure out what registry keys are involved in preventing an IBX downloaded on machine A from being moved to machine B. When you can do this, you can distribute IBX files with the associated keypairs.

This strategy will also cause more grief for the obfuscation team, as the exact methods used will no longer become public.

people are pork
29th September 2007, 22:16
You might try getting a Copy of the Microsoft digital rights management SDK 10.1.2... After all thats how Viodentia did his program... I know that you have to register with MS and buy a licence to use it I think... or find it on a Bittorrent Site

I am unaware of this file being on a bittorrent site. Since each version includes information that will link it to the leaking party, it is unlikely to be leaked.

fairuse4wm did not use this sdk. It used the freely available windows media sdk, however, it used an undocumented API, probably by guessing the parameters. This undocumented API was used to open and walk the hashed datastore (HDS file).
This API will probably be removed from future versions of the public SDK.

As I suspect these "19587 attempts" are just tries to check whether some set of bytes is the private key or not. But does anyone know how we can perform this check? I think about taking one license from the license file and trying to decode content key. It should be "short" and (not sure of this) begin with 7.
It is actually much simpler. The public key is, well, public. The parameters are public now in the freeme doc. The secret key is just an integer.
In ECC, the public key is (IIRC) (Secret Key)*(Generator Point).
So the code does an scalar multiply then does a compare.
There are some optimizations involving projective transforms and other cases, but you will not find the bytes of the key in the IBX (see above post). This isn't AACS stuff.

Ajax_Undone
30th September 2007, 03:31
:cool:My point exactly

Tu kool Now we know where to look... :devil: Thanks bro...

Ajax_Undone
30th September 2007, 03:32
OMG are you Viodentia...

Ajax_Undone
30th September 2007, 04:34
either way I am not writing the decipher and still have no idea what the hell even he has said so its all yours sectroyer...

sectroyer
30th September 2007, 10:05
The point is that I believe he knows what he is saying :) Of course I don't say that I get everything clear but I am starting to see trough the clouds:)

abudara
30th September 2007, 13:04
drmdbg for IndivBox.key v11.0.6000.7000
http://sky.advenbbs.net/bbs/DRMdbg2005.htm

sectroyer
30th September 2007, 21:23
drmdbg for IndivBox.key v11.0.6000.7000
http://sky.advenbbs.net/bbs/DRMdbg2005.htm
Be careful since some versions on this site doesn't work and some do. In other words we can say that it is cracked :)

Aratar
30th September 2007, 23:35
hmm.. I don't really get that drmdbg to work tho

sectroyer
1st October 2007, 01:02
hmm.. I don't really get that drmdbg to work tho I spent two hours trying to install sp2 and validating product key. Then 15 minutes to install (without WGA) WMP 11 and individualize to 11.0.6000.7000 so you can trust when I say that it is cracked :) Just learn japanese or spent some time with google language_tool :D

ssj4android
1st October 2007, 02:55
Why don't you post some instructions for those of us who know no Japanese? It doesn't seem to be working on Vista English for me. Just closes wmp11 shortly after it tries to open.

sectroyer
1st October 2007, 09:12
Why don't you post some instructions for those of us who know no Japanese? It doesn't seem to be working on Vista English for me. Just closes wmp11 shortly after it tries to open.
The problem is that I don't know japanese :) You should consider uninstalling Vista I don't know if it will ever work with Vista :)

ssj4android
1st October 2007, 19:12
Probably :(. Did you just double click the June 4 version and open a file? How did you get the key?
Hm..Does seem to be at least opening now, but it gives me an error when I try to play a DRM'd file. I do get a string followed by an = sign in the debug file on the desktop, but that doesn't seem to work in freeme.

Ajax_Undone
1st October 2007, 19:44
OK maybe i wasnt clear A direct link not a japanese page full of redirects that get me no where... LOL

Aratar
1st October 2007, 21:03
My debug file just contains "1,2,3," that's it. I don't really know if I need any other tools for getting the SID/KID information (I know how I could use them IF that tool would read them out properly, but it doesn't).

sectroyer
1st October 2007, 21:54
As I explained before there is a lot of links on that page. I downloaded all of them and tried. Some are test versions and DO NOT WORK and some are release versions and DO WORK. Please don't ask my which ones since I don't have an idea :) I just did spent some time using google language tool translating part of page to english and I can confirm that AT LEAST ONE of the versions published on this site IS WORKING (at least on my virtual machine :D)! If it is really an import issue for you to have 11.0.6000.7000 cracked just spent some time on finding the right version :)

HD-DVD±RW
2nd October 2007, 02:17
As I explained before there is a lot of links on that page. I downloaded all of them and tried. Some are test versions and DO NOT WORK and some are release versions and DO WORK. ... I can confirm that AT LEAST ONE of the versions published on this site IS WORKING (at least on my virtual machine :D)!

How about posting the WORKING version up on a free file sharing site? The links over there are 404.

sectroyer
2nd October 2007, 14:25
How about posting the WORKING version up on a free file sharing site? The links over there are 404.
Some of them are 404 and some do work :) You just need to choose correct one. First of all I did uninstall my vm with the working version and second I don't intend to help spread tools that are created by other people since I am not anonymous and I want to only be responsible for the code that I write.

abudara
3rd October 2007, 07:20
drmdbg 2007/10/03 08:55
http://ranobe.com/up/src/up227224.zip
zip-pass:6s80W7fl1K1r9XpmTTKlD5733WB983

Schrade
3rd October 2007, 10:09

What language is the readme in that archive? I tried using Google Translate on it from Japanese to English and Chinese to English and it couldn't do anything to it.

SvT
3rd October 2007, 10:22
What language is the readme in that archive? I tried using Google Translate on it from Japanese to English and Chinese to English and it couldn't do anything to it.

The language is Japanese !

I didn't use the readme to get me started, but goodluck !

sectroyer
3rd October 2007, 10:23
Yeah I can confirm that this is the version I was using. It works with my 11.0.6000.7000. I don't know about readme file but in order to make it work you can do as fallows:
1) Run program
2) Choose a directory where you have your asf/wmv/wma files
Be careful since open dialog box on my machine was showing default file name as: ????????????. Just change it to *.*. Select one of the files and hit open.
3) Hit MultiScan.
drmdbg should now show you combination of KID/SID you can then copy this to some text file (drmdbg also makes a copy ) and use it with i.e. FreeMe2.
BTW on this japanese site there is some kind of forum, which unfortunatelly I don't know how to use :D So I have a question to ask. Can someone (who knows japanese) ask taku/inoyan to contact with me. I would like to ask them about few things regarding wm drm in order to improve FreeMe2.

a040900
3rd October 2007, 11:58

I have a question, does it support on vista?

abudara
3rd October 2007, 13:46
I have a question, does it support on vista?

It is not supported.

Aratar
3rd October 2007, 16:32
Ok, this version works flawlessly under WinXP. Thanks for posting.

If you tell it where the tool 'drm2wmv' is located (you can actually specify the directory), it will also modify automatically it's key db file.

P.S.: It doesn't read out any keys on a Vista installation as it seems...

ssj4android
3rd October 2007, 22:34
Nope, doesn't work with Vista. :(

Ajax_Undone
4th October 2007, 01:08
Much thanks

Ajax_Undone
4th October 2007, 01:11

You have to open it with the Japanese version of Wordpad
(ie have the Japanese support files installed in order to view there alphabet clearly enough to translate it)...:devil:

HyperHacker
4th October 2007, 04:44
I'm pretty sure the English version can view Japanese text as long as you have Asian language support installed. Notepad can, so why not?

Of course it's possible the file isn't in Unicode, so you'd have to set your codepage to Japanese to view it properly.

Ajax_Undone
4th October 2007, 06:07
set its directory to drm2 in the install folder of automate undrm v2.0 it will find the keys and and decryptit will do the rest

DreckSoft
12th October 2007, 23:12

That link is dead :-(
Any mirrors?

noonehome
13th October 2007, 02:23
Ok, I got drmbdg to work. :) I've got a file with the KID/SID info, but I haven't gotten past that. I have tried FreeMe2, but get errors. I was hoping to try the automate undrm v2.0, but haven't had any luck finding them. All the links and torrents I found have been dead (they seemed to have gone out of favor when FairUse4WM came out). Can anyone post or PM me with a working link for automate undrm v2.0?

Thanks

nosun27
13th October 2007, 03:07
it took me forever to find it a few days ago and now I can't find the link again but I kept the setup files. I couldn't get it working w/ IBX 11.0.6000.7000 though. Every time I run it through freeme2 and drm2wmv after getting the keys from drmdbg, my file just came out as nothing but jumbled high pitched noise. But here you go anyway (I also but the latest drmdbg because DreckSoft said the old link was dead):

http://rapidshare.com/files/62172045/undrm.zip

EDIT: I have the new drmdbg now working with drm2wmv, still not with freeme2. I will see if I can get it working with automate undrm. Also, my above link include automate undrm 2.0 as well as the new drmdbg so now there are two mirrors for automate undrm and hopefully that lasts a while.

Wilbert
13th October 2007, 14:18
automate undrm v2.0:

http://www.zshare.net/download/41918547d761bb/

password: ary9tLSM4V5y01NC6hkSiJ0V3PEnSP

mysekurity
14th October 2007, 00:22
Wilbert: One of the files in the ZIP is password protected. Do you have the password?

Schrade
14th October 2007, 03:53
That link is dead :-(
Any mirrors?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ycv3t3

Krymzon40
16th October 2007, 14:30
I just posted this in another thread, and i think it should go here also:

Ok, I got it to work using Automate unDRM.
FreeMe2 was giving me those corrupt files that sound messed up and only play for a few seconds.
This is with Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 and IndivBox,key v11.0.6000.7000.
I'm also doing it as i'm typing this.

1. So I open up drmdbg 2007/10/03 and in the WMV DIR I browse to where i have my files, i change the ???????????????? to *.*, press enter and open up any one of those files.
2. In the DRM2 DIR I put the directory of the drm2wmv folder located in the automate unDRM directory, "C:\Program Files\Automate unDRM\drm2wmv\".
3. Then I hit multiscan and wait for it to do its thing, you'll know when its done when the last track starts playing. Now you can close drmdbg.
4. Now I open up Automate unDRM Decryptit and select all the files in the folder, I check Delete Original and Decrypt Only and then hit start and wait for that to do its thing.

And finally, like magic, i'm DRM free!

If this works for everyone, then i think I did a good job for my first post

sectroyer
16th October 2007, 15:46
I just posted this in another thread, and i think it should go here also:

To all those that had problems with new drmdbg and FreeMe2 combination did you try latest version of drmdgb (the one with 20 bytes fix?) and latest version of FreeMe2 (the one that shows size of SID)?

nosun27
17th October 2007, 01:23
http://rapidshare.com/files/63080546/DRM_Tools.zip

password = password123

Here's a little C# prog I made just to make it a little easier for multiple files. It uses drm2mv.exe and the LATEST drmdbg.exe so make sure you have those files. It's my first C# prog so it will be buggy or it may not even work at all for you so please use at your own risk. I will not take the blame if it messes up anything on your computer. If you believe this is some form of malware then don't download it.

The program, called DRMHelper, finds drm protected media in a directory you specify, including subdirectories, and lists them and give you options on what to do with them. It's similar to FairUseCommander and what it does with FU4WM.

All the instructions are in the Readme.txt so please read that first before you do anything. Again this prog may not work correctly for you as at first I built this program for myself and myself only but then I decided to try and make it work for anyone, but no promises on that.

ALSO, only use drmdbg, drm2wmv, and my prog on media that you legally own and not just files you have "rented." I am not responsible for any of the actions you take

Krymzon40
17th October 2007, 02:00
http://rapidshare.com/files/63080546/DRM_Tools.zip

password = password123

Here's a little C# prog I made just to make it a little easier for multiple files. It uses drm2mv.exe and the LATEST drmdbg.exe so make sure you have those files. It's my first C# prog so it will be buggy or it may not even work at all for you so please use at your own risk. I will not take the blame if it messes up anything on your computer. If you believe this is some form of malware then don't download it.

The program, called DRMHelper, finds drm protected media in a directory you specify, including subdirectories, and lists them and give you options on what to do with them. It's similar to FairUseCommander and what it does with FU4WM.

All the instructions are in the Readme.txt so please read that first before you do anything. Again this prog may not work correctly for you as at first I built this program for myself and myself only but then I decided to try and make it work for anyone, but no promises on that.

ALSO, only use drmdbg, drm2wmv, and my prog on media that you legally own and not just files you have "rented." I am not responsible for any of the actions you take

This works great, the only two improvements i'd like would be having drmdbg multiscan and close automatically like automate unDRM and for it to rename the files and remove the [NoDRM] from the names, thanks

Ajax_Undone
17th October 2007, 02:29
Is there a source for this project...

nosun27
17th October 2007, 16:14
This works great, the only two improvements i'd like would be having drmdbg multiscan and close automatically like automate unDRM and for it to rename the files and remove the [NoDRM] from the names, thanks

http://rapidshare.com/files/63212741/DRMHelper_w._Rename.zip
password: password123

only added the rename thing for now because it was easy. In order to rename you must have the delete option enabled and I'm not really sure how stable the delete option is so backup whatever you test it on. It worked for me but I can't say it'll work for everyone.

Automating the whole process I'll look into when I have time.

ApolloImBurning
17th October 2007, 21:10
FreeMe2 was giving me those corrupt files that sound messed up and only play for a few seconds.
This is with Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 and IndivBox,key v11.0.6000.7000.

1. So I open up drmdbg 2007/10/03 and in the WMV DIR I browse to where i have my files, i change the ???????????????? to *.*, press enter and open up any one of those files.
2. In the DRM2 DIR I put the directory of the drm2wmv folder located in the automate unDRM directory, "C:\Program Files\Automate unDRM\drm2wmv\".
3. Then I hit multiscan and wait for it to do its thing, you'll know when its done when the last track starts playing. Now you can close drmdbg.
4. Now I open up Automate unDRM Decryptit and select all the files in the folder, I check Delete Original and Decrypt Only and then hit start and wait for that to do its thing.

I tried this method, and I still get the messed up output file that plays a beepy-blip for 2 seconds then stops... same output as FreeMe2. Is it my media file?

Krymzon40
18th October 2007, 20:06
I tried this method, and I still get the messed up output file that plays a beepy-blip for 2 seconds then stops... same output as FreeMe2. Is it my media file?

I don't know, I'm thinking its something else because I was getting that with FreeMe2 and not with this method with the same files

Aratar
20th October 2007, 23:57
Latest version of drmdbg is vista compatible

JeffAlso
21st October 2007, 01:26
Latest version of drmdbg is vista compatible
Do you have a link?

mk.2
21st October 2007, 06:29

Thanks, this works beautifully. :goodpost:

I had tried the same video file with FreeMe2 but it crashes everytime after I enter SID.

abudara
21st October 2007, 06:39
Drmdbg came to support Windows Vista.

http://up.uppple.com/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=7298
DLKey:12345
zip-pass:8HM2c44S8G7O3Y746o823DS0XYV36j

ApolloImBurning
21st October 2007, 20:00
I don't know, I'm thinking its something else because I was getting that with FreeMe2 and not with this method with the same files

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of Automate unDRM. My version of drm2wmv is 1.241. Is that the same version you are using successfully?

ssj4android
24th October 2007, 01:31
Anyone have the latest DRM2WMV?
EDIT: Got it from the AutoUnDRM thing someone posted earlier. The song has been playing for a while, but nothing is happening. How long is it supposed to take?

Louis Cypher
24th October 2007, 22:02
Drmdbg came to support Windows Vista.

http://up.uppple.com/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=7298
zip-pass:8HM2c44S8G7O3Y746o823DS0XYV36j

Anyone else getting a VirtualAllocEx error with the Vista version of drmdbg?

P

Ajax_Undone
25th October 2007, 01:15
you have bitlocker enabled... Disable it after it should work and dont encrypt your File System...

Cool Matty
25th October 2007, 04:55
Anyone have the latest DRM2WMV?
EDIT: Got it from the AutoUnDRM thing someone posted earlier. The song has been playing for a while, but nothing is happening. How long is it supposed to take?

Yeah I'm having the same issue. drmdbg opens up, but nothing ever happens. This DOES work for audio files, right?

I might also be missing a step, so if anyone can really give a fool-proof method of doing this on Vista that'd be awesome.

1. Grabbed all the software (DRM Helper, drmdbg latest, autoUnDRM for the drm2wmv)
2. Told DRM Helper where my media is.
3. clicked Search for Media, which it found.
4. Clicked start.
5. Pointed drmdbg to my media folder and to the drm2wmv folder.
6. Clicked MultiScan

WMP opens up, plays the last song, and nothing else happens.

Ajax_Undone
25th October 2007, 05:29
Dose DRMdbg load a list of crazy looking code in the lower boxes?

If so then you have the keys located in a *.key file to unDRM those files... Using decryptIT, drm2wmv, or freeme2...

use of DecryptIt is the simplest way (i found) to get all files un-drmed... (ie batch mode)

The only problem is if half the files are Drmed and half are not in the media folder then drmdbg will play the first file with out the need of Grabbing the key, causing it not to grab all of the keys...

keep only the files that need UnDRMed in the folder you wish to un-drm...

Ajax_Undone
25th October 2007, 05:43
http://rapidshare.com/files/63212741/DRMHelper_w._Rename.zip
password: password123

only added the rename thing for now because it was easy. In order to rename you must have the delete option enabled and I'm not really sure how stable the delete option is so backup whatever you test it on. It worked for me but I can't say it'll work for everyone.

Automating the whole process I'll look into when I have time.

I was wondering if there was a source code for this program...

Cool Matty
25th October 2007, 05:47
Dose DRMdbg load a list of crazy looking code in the lower boxes?

If so then you have the keys located in a *.key file to unDRM those files... Using decryptIT, drm2wmv, or freeme2...

use of DecryptIt is the simplest way (i found) to get all files un-drmed... (ie batch mode)

The only problem is if half the files are Drmed and half are not in the media folder then drmdbg will play the first file with out the need of Grabbing the key, causing it not to grab all of the keys...

keep only the files that need UnDRMed in the folder you wish to un-drm...

There is only DRMed music in the folder. When I click Multi Scan, nothing appears in the bottom box.

abudara
25th October 2007, 11:18
A lot of problems were corrected.

drmdbg 2007/10/25 18:30
http://up.uppple.com/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=7384
zip-pass:8o5ZPzd21aE36n4980Ts875088611c

Louis Cypher
25th October 2007, 15:31
you have bitlocker enabled... Disable it after it should work and dont encrypt your File System...

Thanks for the reply. I just tried the 10/25 version and am still getting the VirtualAllocEx error...I'm on Vista Business, no Bitlocker. I'll try it on another Vista box tonight.

Thanks,

LC

ssj4android
25th October 2007, 19:50
Nope, still doesn't work in Vista. Wonder if it has something to do with the memory randomization or whatever?

Ajax_Undone
26th October 2007, 05:55
where did you purchase them your DRMd music... it might use a different type of DRM all together Not Play-for-sure WMP

I dont know It works on mine just fine...

Tryed on vista H-Basic<->Ultimate

mybsides
26th October 2007, 23:22
I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and have had mixed results as well as mixed experiences with the various versions of stripping software. I have also downloaded the code that sectroyer posted and am working on some things to make a GUI version similar to the one we all love, but for now I've created a vbScript to help automate the process we have been discussing here in this thread.

Long story short, I've tried all the suggested methods in this post and still came across buggy results - mostly because of the way the drmdbg application processes the files - and I've come to the conclusion that it's easiest to manually run drmdbg and then run a batch script to process the audio files.

P.S. the script only works for wma files...not tested on Vista

hope this helps

abudara
27th October 2007, 17:07
mybsides, your work is wonderful.
Subdirectory scanning became possible.

drmdbg 2007/10/27 22:30
http://up.uppple.com/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=7419
zip-pass:nkNr669hu5Q25LMFQG5899abC1m8M5

mybsides
27th October 2007, 19:42
Oh wow~! Thanks so much for including subdirectory recursion. :)

Ajax_Undone
28th October 2007, 18:39
Oh wow~! Thanks so much for including subdirectory recursion. :)

Here's an updated link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/65654284/StripIT_beta04.zip.html

zip pass: 12345

Their now we can see your link...

Why Password Protect the files?
its not like M$ isn't going to find the passwords right below the links anyway... it just make it annoying....

By the way use a different Upload site rather then rapidshare.com seriously they ultra suck

mybsides
28th October 2007, 19:25
Their now we can see your link...

Why Password Protect the files?
its not like M$ isn't going to find the passwords right below the links anyway... it just make it annoying....

By the way use a different Upload site rather then rapidshare.com seriously they ultra suck

Thanks for the lesson... As you can tell I don't know how to use this thing called a computer...

thomas999
29th October 2007, 17:16
I have some wmv files which I want to unDRM.

I used drmdbg (2007/10/27 22:30) and out of the 10 files I have,only 2 keys were obtained.

I successfully manage to unDRM the 2 files using DecryptIt which came with Automate UnDRM v2.0.

However, how can I unDRM the remaining 8 files ?

Ajax_Undone
30th October 2007, 18:49
OK dose anyone know if the makers of drmdbg have at all released the source code???

mysekurity
4th November 2007, 00:03
Can anybody give me clear instructions on how this is supposed to work? I can appreciate that drmdbg gets updated every other day, but it's a bit confusing to keep up with it.

I try to run the program, by double-clicking or through the command prompt. It launches WMP and I select a protected file. Then, it just sits there. Nothing in that large box on the bottom, no text file, no nothing. Can somebody help? (Vista Business, IBX 11.0.6000.7000, also XP Home 11.0.6000.6324, the latter of which currently works with FU4WM).

Thanks

mybsides
4th November 2007, 00:23
Can anybody give me clear instructions on how this is supposed to work? I can appreciate that drmdbg gets updated every other day, but it's a bit confusing to keep up with it.

I try to run the program, by double-clicking or through the command prompt. It launches WMP and I select a protected file. Then, it just sits there. Nothing in that large box on the bottom, no text file, no nothing. Can somebody help? (Vista Business, IBX 11.0.6000.7000, also XP Home 11.0.6000.6324, the latter of which currently works with FU4WM).

Thanks

Does not work with Vista. Some people claim it does, but I have tested mutiple Vista builds and no luck. Try using Virtual PC and an XP build.

vivarey
4th November 2007, 02:28
Anybody willing to write a quick HOW-TO for using these tools properly? There are so many scattered all over the forum, I'm just confused. :confused:

Seraph_Six
4th November 2007, 03:41
FYI:

Installing the Zune software will upgrade you to IBX 11.0.6000.7000. The installer requires internet access to install.
I tried it on an XP Pro virtual machine, and it upgraded to .7000 even with the original WMP9 installed.
If you use a computer with the Zune software previously installed, it will retain the old version. My Vista Ultimate desktop is running .6324 with the Zune software installed.

Ajax_Undone
4th November 2007, 07:45
FYI:

Installing the Zune software will upgrade you to IBX 11.0.6000.7000. The installer requires internet access to install.
I tried it on an XP Pro virtual machine, and it upgraded to .7000 even with the original WMP9 installed.
If you use a computer with the Zune software previously installed, it will retain the old version. My Vista Ultimate desktop is running .6324 with the Zune software installed.

Its all good just use DRMdbg and you will beable to use that IBX version...

Seraph_Six
4th November 2007, 23:28
I've been downloading the files with a Zune subscription on my laptop (Vista .6000.7000), then transferring them to my desktop (Vista .6000.6324) where I re-download all the licenses through the Zune software and use mirakagi + FU4WM to strip the DRM.
I've had no luck on my laptop using DRMDBG.

ApolloImBurning
5th November 2007, 00:51
I've been downloading the files with a Zune subscription on my laptop (Vista .6000.7000), then transferring them to my desktop (Vista .6000.6324) where I re-download all the licenses through the Zune software and use mirakagi + FU4WM to strip the DRM.
I've had no luck on my laptop using DRMDBG.

What happens when you use drmdbg? I am also downloading my tracks from the Zune marketplace and have had no success with the FreeMe2/drmdbg methods. For me, I get the SIDs from drmdbg, but when I try and strip the music I get a corrupted beepy-clicky track that only plays for a few seconds. As an interim solution i've been using TuneBite but I would love to be able to truly remove the drm instead of doing the digital->analog->digital trick that TuneBite uses.

ssj4android
5th November 2007, 05:50
Someone want to tell the creator it's not working with .7000 on Vista? Has anyone gotten that to work?
And there's no source for this anywhere, right?

Seraph_Six
5th November 2007, 07:16
What happens when you use drmdbg? I am also downloading my tracks from the Zune marketplace and have had no success with the FreeMe2/drmdbg methods. For me, I get the SIDs from drmdbg, but when I try and strip the music I get a corrupted beepy-clicky track that only plays for a few seconds. As an interim solution i've been using TuneBite but I would love to be able to truly remove the drm instead of doing the digital->analog->digital trick that TuneBite uses.

DRMDBG does nothing. It doesn't even play the last track, it just plays the first track.
Best bet is to find a PC that had the Zune software installed prior to the latest IBX update. Sign into it there, redownload the tracks (or the licenses), and strip it on there using mirakagi + FU4WM like I've been doing.

abudara
5th November 2007, 07:41
drmdbg bugfix
http://up.uppple.com/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=7527
zip-pass:e881809767xV9Wa2r2I89WY525J600

bunt70
5th November 2007, 16:19
Can somebody please describe how you get drmdbg working?

I start drmdbg, WMPlayer starts playing the song, but keys show up in the window. I'm using Vista with 11.0.6000.7000.
I tried to restart drmdbg, restart wmplayer while drmdbg is running or i tried to press Multiple Scan several times. Also left the app running some time. Nothing helped :(

I also tried on my WinXP PC where Fairuse4wm is working fine, drmdbg neither gets the keys there.
Because it should atleast work on the xp machine, i think it's somehow my fault. So which keys have to be pressed? ;)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9559/drmdbg1kopierg4.th.jpg (http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drmdbg1kopierg4.jpg)
(tried several different versions of drmdbg, also the one from today)

ApolloImBurning
5th November 2007, 17:10
DRMDBG does nothing. It doesn't even play the last track, it just plays the first track.
Best bet is to find a PC that had the Zune software installed prior to the latest IBX update. Sign into it there, redownload the tracks (or the licenses), and strip it on there using mirakagi + FU4WM like I've been doing.

Interesting... I got further then you did. I'm using XP Home Edition. DRMdbg does extract keys from the Zune files, but it looks like the SID it extracts is incorrect. As I mentioned, I cannot get anything to decrypt properly. I had sectroyer take a look at one of my files, and he said that the SID I was using was not correct. So somehow drmdbg gets the wrong SID for the Zune DRM files. For me, I don't have access to another PC with an older version of IBX system.

Seraph_Six
6th November 2007, 04:08
Interesting... I got further then you did. I'm using XP Home Edition. DRMdbg does extract keys from the Zune files, but it looks like the SID it extracts is incorrect. As I mentioned, I cannot get anything to decrypt properly. I had sectroyer take a look at one of my files, and he said that the SID I was using was not correct. So somehow drmdbg gets the wrong SID for the Zune DRM files. For me, I don't have access to another PC with an older version of IBX system.

I'll try a roll-back on my XP virtual machine to see if it can downgrade IBX when the Zune software it already installed.

JeffAlso
6th November 2007, 06:04
I haven't tried the recent version of drmdbg, but I was having some occasional troubles with it on XP. Sometimes it wouldn't retrieve the keys, wouldnt play the media, and occasionally would create 2 instances of WMP, both completely unresponsive.

Whenever any of the above happens, a reboot of the machine has always solved the problem. I only ran drmdbg on one media file at a time, so can't comment on the process of multiple files. Also, I wouldn't recommend using any automation scripts, until you get things working manually.

Follow drmdbg with drm2wmv (freeme2 isn't quite there yet), and asfbin for reindexing as needed. Other than the occasional need to reboot to get drmdbg working, It's worked on everthing I've thrown at it.

For those on Vista, I have no advice except to upgrade to XP.

themanwiththeplan
6th November 2007, 22:51
Between automate undrm and drmdbg I am able to take off the drm of my 11.0.6000.7000 files. for XP only.

Ajax_Undone
7th November 2007, 06:18
Between automate undrm and drmdbg I am able to take off the drm of my 11.0.6000.7000 files. for XP only.

you just run the setup and then start drmdbg which will open the wmp. then you go and find the files that you want to do. In file name first type *.* and press enter then you will see your files. once you do the multiscan on your songs close that and open decryptit, installed by the setup earlier, and check decrypt only and delete original if you want to. click add and add your songs that you already did with drmdbg then start. then its done. ive linked it here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/67924826/MRD.rar

the password is baf7useb

this may have been posted, but I find it useful and pretty easy to use, hope it works for you guys

Not that I am all that interested in outdated files , But just for the love of it all...
Don't put passwords on the archives it doesn't take a M$ PHD to look below the link and find the password...

All that password protection gives anyone is the anoyences of having to look for it every time you wish to open the file...

So please try to make it a little more bearable to all and leave the passwords out of the thread and the files...

Ajax_Undone
7th November 2007, 06:27
Can somebody please describe how you get drmdbg working?

I start drmdbg, WMPlayer starts playing the song, but keys show up in the window. I'm using Vista with 11.0.6000.7000.
I tried to restart drmdbg, restart wmplayer while drmdbg is running or i tried to press Multiple Scan several times. Also left the app running some time. Nothing helped :(

I also tried on my WinXP PC where Fairuse4wm is working fine, drmdbg neither gets the keys there.
Because it should at least work on the xp machine, i think it's somehow my fault. So which keys have to be pressed? ;)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9559/drmdbg1kopierg4.th.jpg (http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drmdbg1kopierg4.jpg)
(tried several different versions of drmdbg, also the one from today)

If you notice the box at the top of DRMdbg has not loaded the IBX yet....

You must let the application load fully before you click Multi-Scan...

The fallowing is example of a none loaded app...

mysekurity
7th November 2007, 08:30
What are we looking for? What is supposed to change?

Ajax_Undone
7th November 2007, 20:09
What are we looking for? What is supposed to change?

A value in the top box and as far as I can tell it doesn't load in Vista...

The Value is : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key v11.0.6000.7000

In Vista

And XP:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key v11.0.6000.7000:rolleyes:

If you are using Vista then Sorry for you because it just doesn't load the Iniv01.key.. .:mad:

Meaning No Decryption of files they will only play...

But if by chance you get it to load that ^^^^ value then it will give you the keys and happy day to all...

Yet I honestly don't know when or even if it will be fixed...:rolleyes:

The fallowing is an example in XP of a loaded Key file...

ssj4android
8th November 2007, 02:09
Nope, that doesn't seem to be the reason. At least, not the full one. It lists the key file for me, but just loads the song and the does nothing. Just to be clear, it works for you in Vista?

Ajax_Undone
8th November 2007, 06:41
That Pic was from my XP install sorry for the confusion.

Sorry I am running XP With Vista in a Virtual PC and I use text and memory editor to make things happen in environments that wouldn't generally allow them...

Also I was answering the problem stated in the quotes to bunt70... His Pic tells me that the key isnt loaded...

Thats why it just plays the last song and dosent give any keys...

bunt70
8th November 2007, 08:59
If you notice the box at the top of DRMdbg has not loaded the IBX yet....

You must let the application load fully before you click Multi-Scan...
hey, thanks! that's a step forward. i've got this situation now:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2037/drmdbg2xf3.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drmdbg2xf3.jpg)

the keys are still not displayed :(

Ajax_Undone
8th November 2007, 22:50
Kool glad I could help...

jkashuba07
9th November 2007, 05:48
If someone does get the keys to the new ibx.... just upload the blackbox keys file... thats all we should need 2 use fairuse4wm!

Ajax_Undone
10th November 2007, 05:21
If someone does get the keys to the new ibx.... just upload the blackbox keys file... thats all we should need 2 use fairuse4wm!

Sorry these keys Can Not Be Use By Other Users...

endgame
11th November 2007, 11:32
A value in the top box and as far as I can tell it doesn't load in Vista...

The Value is : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key v11.0.6000.7000

In Vista

And XP:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key v11.0.6000.7000:rolleyes:

If you are using Vista then Sorry for you because it just doesn't load the Iniv01.key.. .:mad:

Meaning No Decryption of files they will only play...

But if by chance you get it to load that ^^^^ value then it will give you the keys and happy day to all...

Yet I honestly don't know when or even if it will be fixed...:rolleyes:

The fallowing is an example in XP of a loaded Key file...

I dont have a cache subfolder in my DRM folder. :confused:

milOtis
12th November 2007, 18:38
AS of today, November 12, 2007 - FairUse4WM v1.3 FIX2 (mirakagi release) still works perfectly for me using Rhapsody downloads (WMA files) and my indivbox.key is 11.0.6000.7000, running Windows Vista Ultimate.

You guys must not know what you are doing, or you have mutiple services that use DRM. Won't work if you do that, obviously...they will created hybrid keys and not pure 11.0.6000.7000 IBX keys.

I suggest you format, reinstall Vista Ultimate, then download a few songs using Rhapsody...run mirakagi key finder, then you can run FairUse4WM all you want (just make sure windows auto update is OFF). Rhapsody is the only one that works for Vista users, because it does not force updates. Zune is horrible anyway, on XP and Vista, why use it?

::: milOtis

Ajax_Undone
12th November 2007, 20:38
As to par with your remark the fact that the File's fairuse4wm and mirakagi are still operating is a complete mystery to all unless you have a botched or patched ibx file or the keys you are using are and have been the same for every file downloaded from rhapsody... Lucky you...

The problem for most of us who are using DRMdbg and FreeMe2 is that we use multiple stores because songs that are available through one might not be through another, and we are also decrypting music from any media store that's out there... Lucky us...

Anyhow happy trails and good day...

Ajax_Undone
12th November 2007, 20:42
I dont have a cache subfolder in my DRM folder. :confused:

ok so cache folder has been deleted...

http://services.wmdrm.windowsmedia.com/indivSite/en/indivit.asp

And you should be good... all though I think you might have to re Download your songs under the re indivd ibx component do to the fact that the cache folder is missing...

milOtis
14th November 2007, 23:23
As to par with your remark the fact that the File's fairuse4wm and mirakagi are still operating is a complete mystery to all unless you have a botched or patched ibx file or the keys you are using are and have been the same for every file downloaded from rhapsody... Lucky you...

it comes down to being smart, and knowing what you are doing, and WHEN you are doing it. staying up to date on so-called "security" releases from microsofts developers website...and knowing that a "security update" for XP that is listed as "vital" is in fact made to break IBX for people circumventing DRM...so this basically wipes out anyone with automatic updates on in windows. You cannot activly comabt and keep removing DRM from new downloads (like i still do to this day thru Rhapsody) when you have auto update enabled...

ok, so those of you saying "well, milOtis, i dont have auto update enabled, and i AM smart and it still doesnt work!", well, #1 - you think you're smart, but you arent if you are on Vista or XP and do nto have a working FairUse4WM today, and #2 - its broken because you are using more than one DRM service, and the more DRM services you use the more updated and robust your DRM protection will become, so pick ONE service and stay with it.

"well, milOtis, what about songs that are not available through the one service i choose"...well guess what...9/10 songs are available thru Rhapsody (more were available on URGE, but URGE is dead now...R.I.P - URGE was the BEST music service hands-down to date so far :(....but anyway, for those songs that are not available, which is rare, like a Beatles song or something....use Ares or Emule.

"but milOtis, you cannot be certain thats is good quality! it's P2P and the files could be low-fi"...again, back to being SMART...do not download the file with 100 users...obviously that is the most commonly accepted file, and I bet you 9 times out of 10 it will be 128K. Look for the 192K and up files...and then check to see only 5-10 users MAX have the file...THEN check for all the ID tag data by hovering over with your mouse...if all the ID tag data is there, even stuff like 'Genre' and 'Disc Number' then you can be certain this was a directly ripped file, and hi-quality

and here we are finally now...with no more excuses.

oh, but here is the bad news...for those of you that have already installed multiple services, and are getting FairUse4WM roadbloacks...you are out of luck. You got all hasty and thought you knew what you were doing, and now look where you are. The only way for YOU to have a working FairUse4WM, like me, is to format.wipe your computer and start over.

You see...the time has come and gone for easy rollback fixes, and using certain versions that are no longer available via update sites...this is how it is now. You either treated yor computer like a delicate pet throughout this entier DRM drama battle between Microsoft and FairUse4WM and if you treated it right, it works now.

I have 2 Keys that were found by Miakagi when it was originally released two or three months ago...they worked with URGE, then when I upgraded to Rhapsody, they worked with Rhapsody, so I uninstalled URGE before the next wave of IBX updates came along (so I would not have multiple DRM services on my computer), this my IBX was protected due to the fact that Rhapsody does not force updates. So basically anyone who didn't do this, exactly, and used services like Yahoo or Zune, are out in the cold until they format.

P.S...
The problem for most of us who are using DRMdbg and FreeMe2 is that we use multiple stores because songs that are available through one might not be through another, and we are also decrypting music from any media store that's out there... Lucky us...

tell me again how you are "lucky" when you cannot UnDRM 6000.7000 IBX files, but I still can?

milOtis
14th November 2007, 23:30
Now, a message to ALL Rhapsody Users with FairUse4WM still working...(there's alot of you, cause frankly i'm sick of you emailing me, lol):

There is an update that will come up and you HAVE to click OK, but you don't HAVE to stay updated to use Rhapsody...lemme explain.

I opened Rhapsody today and I got a box that said "DRM corrupted" or something like that, and to hit "OK" to open a website that would update my DRM...well, the site opens up, and its a typical blue and white colored DRM update page, and the info bar says to download "mf" which will let me, "play files downloaded before wmp11 was installed" - which makes no sense because i've had wmp11 installed for over a year now.

anyway, go ahead click to accept, and update...well this will move your files from...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM
to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\RNBackupWMDRM

when the site says you are updated, just delete the new files in the "DRM" folder and copy/paste all the files it backed up to the "RNBackupWMDRM" to your "DRM" folder

Presto! done! the keys you had before the update are still working, and Rhapsody will not pop that up again.

milOtis
14th November 2007, 23:33
ok so cache folder has been deleted...

And you should be good... all though I think you might have to re Download your songs under the re indivd ibx component do to the fact that the cache folder is missing...

wow...you just instructed someone who might have a clean IBX (pre 7000), to update to 7000 (non working for lots of ppl)

way to go, lol.

Seraph_Six
15th November 2007, 06:09
Zune is horrible anyway, on XP and Vista, why use it?

Because I have one and I can use the software cross-PCs.
I download on my laptop and rip on my desktop, as I don't have highspeed access at home right now.

My desktop is .6000.6324 Vista Ultimate and my laptop is .6000.7000 Vista Home Premium. Can't rip on my laptop, but I can on the desktop after I redownload the licenses through Zune.
Zune allows up to three PCs and four Zunes to use downloads off of one Zune Pass.

Also, the new Zune 2.1 software apparently doesn't upgrade you to .6000.7000 like the old installer did. It didn't change the IBX version on my desktop.

SoCalSienna
15th November 2007, 07:58
...The only way for YOU to have a working FairUse4WM, like me, is to format.wipe your computer and start over.

Has anyone done a HD format with a clean XP install and Rhapsody install and had FairUse successfully work again?

Any pitfalls to watch out for with the Rhapsody install?

milOtis
15th November 2007, 22:39
yes, i have, with three computers.

also, this is not a pitfall really, but Rhapsody says it has to "upgrade your DRM" when you first install it, but it in fact does not alter your DRM folder. so, when you install it, let it do whatever it needs upon installation, it is NOT updating your DRM, although it implies that it is.

Ajax_Undone
15th November 2007, 23:12
:D

tell me again how you are "lucky" when you cannot UnDRM 6000.7000 IBX files, but I still can?

Ok well I can decrypt all songs I download and yes I do heve the latest IBX... So yeah lucky me any how...:rolleyes:

Ajax_Undone
15th November 2007, 23:19
wow...you just instructed someone who might have a clean IBX (pre 7000), to update to 7000 (non working for lots of ppl)

way to go, lol.

Dude I don't know what your prob is but you are really becoming a troll...

IBX 6000.7000 Has been cracked and if ppl cant decrypt the keys then its there prob for not reading the instruction already set fourth.... Many times...:confused:

There is at leased three way to decrypt songs with IBS 6000.7000...

And if your so much of a pro then you figure out how to put a deleted cache folder back with out re Individualization and
with out having to reinstall you entire system... :stupid:

Many ppl love the way there system works now they don't have time to keep re installing the system...:rolleyes:

AudieMurphy
15th November 2007, 23:59
Dude I don't know what your prob is but you are really becoming a troll...

IBX 6000.7000 Has been cracked and if ppl cant decrypt the keys then its there prob for not reading the instruction already set fourth.... Many times...:confused:

There is at leased three way to decrypt songs with IBS 6000.7000...

And if your so much of a pro then you figure out how to put a deleted cache folder back with out re Individualization and

Many ppl love the way there system works now they don't have time to keep re installing the system...:rolleyes:

Wait I thought it wasn't possible for 6000.7000 people... Several people on here seem to be unsuccessful in removing DRM. I myself am one of them. Where are the instructions? I've gone through this thread looking for instructions, and the ones that I've found I tried but they did not work. When I use drmdbg to generate a key file, Decrypt It! cannot the KID. The decrypt it tells me that there are "No keyfiles with this KID." If you know what I'm doing wrong then I would appreciate assistance. I am running XP with version 6000.7000 on songs acquired from the Zune marketplace about a week and a half ago.

Ajax_Undone
16th November 2007, 00:41
there are three tools all using DRMdbg... and the key files...

One uses the old unDRm 2.0 DecryptIT.exe... (it works in batch)

An other uses a VB Scrip and drm2wmv.exe... (and it dose it in batch mode as well)

And the last one uses Freeme2.exe

They all work all it takes is a little brains to figure it out...

the best option for people who are otherwise un noted as far as techie talk and how it works. Is to use decryptIT.exe with the Decrypt only option checked...

Sorry for all those who cant figure out how to use these tools but they have been working and available for the entire month of October and through Nov...

arisjo
16th November 2007, 04:33
Hi people,

If you still miss the friendliness of Fairuse4WM, after your IBX has been upgraded to 11.0.6000.7000, there is a chance.

Install a virtual PC on your real PC with WINXP, and enjoy the use of FU4WM.

You can check the below post:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1065944&posted=1#post1065944

milOtis
16th November 2007, 18:24
Dude I don't know what your prob is but you are really becoming a troll... :stupid:

How dare you talk to me this way. I've been one of the few programmers on the forefront of all this, creating rollback fixes that worked for many people for many months on the old (now locked doom9 FairUse4WM DRM thread), which gave time for Viodentia to release 1.2 fix, then 1.3, then 1.3fix and fix2, then the Mirakagi release came out which is still working fine for many people who haven't upgraded anything.

Pertaining to your comments...you have not only been diminutive of other users on this forum, but the name calling ('stupid'), and insults ('sorry if you people can't figure it out, it takes some brains') is ENOUGH. You WILL respect the other members of this forum, and get rid of your narcissistic ego, and contribute in an adult/responsible manner. Show some maturity and change the way you talk to people on here, especially people who's tools you take for granted, use every day, then show ZERO gratitude for.

So you can take your ungrateful attitude somewhere else, or we will just stop contributing our tools for public/open use, and just keep them ourselves.

Cool Matty
16th November 2007, 19:11
there are three tools all using DRMdbg... and the key files...

One uses the old unDRm 2.0 DecryptIT.exe... (it works in batch)

An other uses a VB Scrip and drm2wmv.exe... (and it dose it in batch mode as well)

And the last one uses Freeme2.exe

the best option for people who are otherwise un noted as far as techie talk and how it works. Is to use decryptIT.exe with the Decrypt only option checked...

Sorry for all those who cant figure out how to use these tools but they have been working and available for the entire month of October and through Nov...

Except for a lot of people they just don't work. Period. At all. Whatsoever.

Stop being such a jackass to the other users.

Inventive Software
16th November 2007, 22:50
DRMDBG and FreeMe2 worked on a 4oD video, this with IBX 6000.7000. ;)

milOtis
16th November 2007, 23:35

excellent! some ppl are getting fairuse4wm to work still, some using freeme or drmbg, so whatever you can use to get stuff to work is great.

"It doesn't matter how you get there, just get there!" :)

Eleo
17th November 2007, 01:55
Nothing really is working for me. I'm using Vista 64bit. With the latest drmdbg, the first thing that happens when I start it is I get an error: wmplayer.exe - Application Error; The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).

After clicking OK past that, the field that should contain the path to Indiv01.key is not filled in, and I have to fill it in manually. Even then, when I push Multi Scan the video starts but no SID is given to me. My video is the kind where you have to get permission to play it each time, so I'm wondering if that affects the process at all.

Anyway, guess I'll try Virtual PC; kind of a clunky solution but it's better than nothing.

Ajax_Undone
17th November 2007, 02:31
http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm

I think its time we all "including me" take a look at and observe rules 2-4 before this thread gets closed...

LOL

OK I was wrong I admit it...

Eleo I don't think DRMdbg works on x64 bit version of Vista...
Maybe milOtis has a way around it...

Seriously I am sorry for my behavior

Inventive Software
17th November 2007, 05:37

I should have added the following: FreeMe2 gave me a file that couldn't seek. So, some caveats at the moment. ;)

JeffAlso
17th November 2007, 06:26
I should have added the following: FreeMe2 gave me a file that couldn't seek. So, some caveats at the moment. ;)This is pretty common. To fix it simply rebuild the index on the undrm'd file using asfbin.

Inventive Software
17th November 2007, 08:37
Yeah, same concept, different tool. Windows Media File Editor > Save and index. Thanks anyway. ;)

mysekurity
17th November 2007, 09:11
Can I just say, that I'm running and un-DRMing Napster, Rhapsody, and Zune all successfully (and all latest versions) with FU4WM. Also, I have URGE still installed, and auto-download of WinUpdates enabled.

I've run the rollback several times (though not since 11.0.7000 came out), and still everything is working perfectly. I guess it's just a matter of luck, however (my Vista Home Premium and Business machines can't un-DRM anymore, though to be fair, I didn't pay as much attention to them.)

Eleo
18th November 2007, 06:55
That's unfortunate. As usual, no love for x64 users.

Virtual PC 2007 works, but like I said, it is a clunky way to do things. It is slow, uses up a lot of CPU, and I have to keep a 2GB+ file on my hard drive in order to avoid installing Windows XP every time I want to decrypt a file.

The good news is that it works, and since XP comes with Media Player 9, I don't have to bug myself with rolling back versions or anything like that and can just use FairUse4WM as it is.

ssj4android
19th November 2007, 03:06
I still haven't gotten DRMdbg to work on a 32-bit version of Vista.

dburckh
19th November 2007, 05:22
I crashed and burned with drmdbg myself. I got a key, but when I run it through freeme2, I get an unplayable file. It fails with an unknown packet error at the end of the file.

The file acquires a license and plays fine running it through WMP. Unfortunately, "something" happened and I'm locked out of my account at the moment. :) I'm hoping it just resets itself at the end of the month.

I've been looking for drm2wmv, but I haven't found a valid link.

Inventive Software
19th November 2007, 07:55
That's a "false" error. Re-index the file with Windows Media File Editor, or asfbin, and your file *should* play fine.

dburckh
19th November 2007, 18:24
Still getting the could not open file error. Could drmDbg have given me the wrong SID?

Here's what I did:
1. Downloaded the file. The service I use is setup for streaming. I wrote the tool to download the file. I may have corrupted it, but the file sizes matched and it played with DRM.
2. Fired up drmDbg.
2a. Played the file.
2b. drmDbg wrote drm2-i.key file (I did this a couple of times and I believe this is what locked me out of my account :) ).
3. Ran Free2Me "file.wmv"
3a. Copied SID from drm2-i.key file and pasted it. No quotes or enclosing XML brackets. FYI: SID appears to be a base64 encoded binary.
4. Tried to play/index and got invalid or encrypted file error.

Do these steps seem correct? Could drmDbg have given me a bad key? Did I enter the key correctly?

milOtis
19th November 2007, 22:38
Nothing really is working for me. I'm using Vista 64bit. With the latest drmdbg, the first thing that happens when I start it is I get an error: wmplayer.exe - Application Error; The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).

After clicking OK past that, the field that should contain the path to Indiv01.key is not filled in, and I have to fill it in manually. Even then, when I push Multi Scan the video starts but no SID is given to me. My video is the kind where you have to get permission to play it each time, so I'm wondering if that affects the process at all.

Anyway, guess I'll try Virtual PC; kind of a clunky solution but it's better than nothing.

well, you are on Vista (new and buggy still), and 64bit at that (many applications are unsupported on 64bit vista still), so virtual pc is your best bet if you don't want to have to format and reinstall XP pro.

JeffAlso
20th November 2007, 06:02
3. Ran Free2Me "file.wmv"
3a. Copied SID from drm2-i.key file and pasted it.
Try using: freeme2 -vs "file.wmv". If that doesn't work, try using drm2wmv instead of freeme2, I've found a number of files that drm2wmv can decrypt that freeme2 can't, plus it reads the drm2-i.key file when located in same directory as drmdbg, so no messing around with SIDs.

dburckh
20th November 2007, 17:24
I'll try -vs.

The link in post 1 is expired, I found freeme2 elsewhere, so I may be out of date. I haven't been able to find a link for drm2wmv anywhere.

Could somebody direct me to a valid download for these?

Thanks!

milOtis
20th November 2007, 21:21

sorry dont use anything other than FairUse4WM.

here's my WORKING setup:
Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
IBX Version: 11.0.6000.7000
Services used: only Rhapsody Unlimited
unDRM Program: FairUse4WM 1.3 (FIX2)

all new downloads, as of today, STILL work for me using FairUse4WM 1.3 FIX2.

gbglass2000
22nd November 2007, 11:48
Anyone got a working link for drmdbg?

Thnx

endgame
22nd November 2007, 22:00

I had uninstalled WMP 11 and rolled it back to WMP9, and then re-individualized it.

Thats why there was no cache folder. :helpful:

Anyways I updated back to 11 and re indiv'ed it....the latest version fairuse4wm keeps crashing....and it asks me to send an error report to M$

Wilbert
22nd November 2007, 23:01
The one dated at 25/10:

http://rapidshare.com/files/71579178/drmdbg-8o5ZPzd21aE36n4980Ts875088611c.zip.html

password is given in the filename.

gbglass2000
23rd November 2007, 11:53
How do I find my IBX version? This is what seems relevant information from my wmpsupport.htm.

Windows Media Player
Version 11.0.5721.5230

Operating System
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 2.0
Build Lab: 2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070719-1309
Architecture: x86
DRM Version: 11.0.5721.5203
Indiv Version: 2.5.0.0

I have the latest wmp version so I should have IBX 11.0.6000.7000? but the DRM version for me is 5721.5203 doesn't make sense to me. Also what is IndivBox.key I dont think I have such a file on my computer.

What might be different for my DRM-material is that I log in to a webpage from within wmp to acquire my decode-keys. I also had to install an ActiveX controll to make this work. The DRM solution used is bought from ezdrm.com

Yes and I think I might had to use the following link in order to get it working. http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/crlupdate/en/crlupdate.html
Don't know what this upgrade does though.

gbglass2000
23rd November 2007, 13:27
Hmm strange after I ran the following m$ "upgrade":

I got the IndivBox.key file back
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key

Watching with wmp has been working all the time though.

but finally I got the IBX keys with drmdbg :)

endgame
23rd November 2007, 22:32
I am using Decrypt It and here is the error I get:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8493/errorfe0.jpg

gbglass2000
24th November 2007, 04:19
I've created a vbscript that uses drmdbg and drm2wmv to automatically remove DRM from files or folders with DRM-files. I'm attaching the script as a rar to this message.

Just open the script and edit the Options you have to change(location of drmdbg and drm2wmv). Then hopefully you should be able to use it. Drag files on it or change the DRMdir option.

a040900
24th November 2007, 07:10
I've created a vbscript that uses drmdbg and drm2wmv to automatically remove DRM from files or folders with DRM-files. I'm attaching the script as a rar to this message.

Just open the script and edit the Options you have to change(location of drmdbg and drm2wmv). Then hopefully you should be able to use it. Drag files on it or change the DRMdir option.

So, where can I download the file:AutounDRM_071124??

I can't find it

gbglass2000
24th November 2007, 09:17
Isn't AutounDRM_071124.rar attached in my message? I can download it there.

buzzqw
24th November 2007, 09:43
it must wait an approval by moderator

i suggest to post also on some free upload site

BHH

gbglass2000
24th November 2007, 12:04
Ok I've posted the script file, if there is a DLkey its ibxkey.

http://www2.ranobe.com/test/src/up18915.zip

Remember that you need working versions of drmdbg and drm2wmv_e for it to operate. I could post a zeroconfig version with all the needed software included, but I won't do that using my home computer.

winlinmac
25th November 2007, 05:29
Edit: accidental double post, see below.

winlinmac
25th November 2007, 05:44
Ok, so I have gotten drmdbg (11/6, 11/5, 10/25-27 & possibly any other 6000.7000 version) to work with WMP 10 (and 9) on Vista. It doesn't work with any version of 11 that I know of (but I only tested beta 2 and rtm from xp). Also, removing the protected process status from wmplayer.exe doesn't work.
I used a program I wrote originally for XP as a quick hack to change WMP versions by replacing a few files (wmplayer.exe, wmploc.dll, wmp.dll) and some registry values on Vista to see if it would work and it did!
Here is the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/72094119/wmp_changer.zip.html
Enjoy!
First, you need to revert to an older version of WMP (9 or 10).
Close Windows Media Player and stop the WMP Network Sharing Service and anything else that might be using windows media player.
Then, take ownership of and give administrators full access to the following files, and make a backup if you want:
C:\Windows\system32\wmp.dll
C:\windows\system32\wmploc.dll
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
Then, run copier.exe from my link as Administrator, uncheck 'check wfp cache and update' and if you want, also uncheck 'Leave cmd window open'.
Next, click on the WMP button in the lower right, and in the new window the pops up, click either WMP 9 or WMP 10 at the top.
Now, if all went well, when you open Windows Media Player again, you will see that you have version 9 or 10.
To set up drmdbg, just uncheck create drm2 directory and set the drm2 directory to the directory of freeme2. Then, run drmdbg, hit multiscan, play the protected files, open them with freeme2 (or whatever) and you have an unprotected wma/wmv file on Vista.

Note: if WMP 9 doesn't work or if there is an extra blank window, close it and try again.

SalSimp
28th November 2007, 03:09
removing the protected process status from wmplayer.exe

How did you do that? Is there a thread you can point me to? TIA

winlinmac
28th November 2007, 11:27
Not to get off topic, but I used a tool developed by kernel programmer Alex Ionescu after I read about it on slashdot.
The blog entries are here (http://www.alex-ionescu.com/?p=35) and here (http://www.alex-ionescu.com/?p=34). The download link on the blog is dead, but I found a 3rd party link to the program (http://grapevine.dns2go.com/download/Default.asp?eid=33&folder=%2Fdownload%2Fmicrosoft%2Fvista+upgrade%2Fdpinpurr%2F).
Interestingly enough, if you un-protect audiodg.exe as he suggests, you can't play back protected content. You have to re-protect it again.

Side note: you can also use my wmp program to go back to 11 after you have recovered the key data.

B4Bronco6
29th November 2007, 19:35
Ok, so I have gotten drmdbg (11/6, 11/5, 10/25-27 & possibly any other 6000.7000 version) to work with WMP 10 (and 9) on Vista. It doesn't work with any version of 11 that I know of (but I only tested beta 2 and rtm from xp). Also, removing the protected process status from wmplayer.exe doesn't work.
I used a program I wrote originally for XP as a quick hack to change WMP versions by replacing a few files (wmplayer.exe, wmploc.dll, wmp.dll) and some registry values on Vista to see if it would work and it did!
Here is the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/72094119/wmp_changer.zip.html
Enjoy!
First, you need to revert to an older version of WMP (9 or 10).
Close Windows Media Player and stop the WMP Network Sharing Service and anything else that might be using windows media player.
Then, take ownership of and give administrators full access to the following files, and make a backup if you want:
C:\Windows\system32\wmp.dll
C:\windows\system32\wmploc.dll
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
Then, run copier.exe from my link as Administrator, uncheck 'check wfp cache and update' and if you want, also uncheck 'Leave cmd window open'.
Next, click on the WMP button in the lower right, and in the new window the pops up, click either WMP 9 or WMP 10 at the top.
Now, if all went well, when you open Windows Media Player again, you will see that you have version 9 or 10.
To set up drmdbg, just uncheck create drm2 directory and set the drm2 directory to the directory of freeme2. Then, run drmdbg, hit multiscan, play the protected files, open them with freeme2 (or whatever) and you have an unprotected wma/wmv file on Vista.

Note: if WMP 9 doesn't work or if there is an extra blank window, close it and try again.

How do you run as Administrator? None of those files will show the administrator shield?

Sorry I'm not very PC savvy..

ny555soul
29th November 2007, 21:01
I have a drm protected video that license is still good, but i need to reformat my PC,so i put the wmv on my other computer and tried to play it, and says "license already installed" The computer the wmv still plays fine on has WMP11 so i cannot backup the license, and thats the PC that needs a reformat,so i dunno what to do.Ive tried all the methods described here on how to remove the drm but none work.Always get some error saying no drm found on file or something like that.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Also i read somewhere to download the file again, but its HUGE file (over 2gb) and my internet speed is slow (take few days to download)

Oh and im running WinXP professional on both PC's

Ok I managed to get the KID&SID but still cant remove the DRM.Also tried using Automate UnDRM on other PC with WMP10,but still need the dang license to be aquired.

Man i hate DRM!

I finally was able to remove the drm by adding drm2wmv into the newer drmdbg folder, but seeking no longer works, so back to searching.

I spoke too soon...Aparently when i removed the drm the file was only 400mb.I tried freeme2 but i get an error saying "unknown packet id" when it reaches 39%

winlinmac
30th November 2007, 21:43
B4Bronco6: All you should need to do is right click on copier.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'.

bw4rob
1st December 2007, 02:38
i have a question for you i have downloaded music from urge.com but now that they have merged with rapsody i cant listen to them any more ---is there a way to decrypt the music i have from urge???

setarip_old
1st December 2007, 03:01
@bw4rob

Check out the following link:

http://offer.rhapsody.com/urge/existing/

Also, click on the "FAQ" radiobutton on that page

KnivesX11
1st December 2007, 03:31
Whenever I run the drmdbg program it gives me the SID and I can use that to decode the files as long as i manually enter the KID code into the drm2-i.key file manually, is there away around this or will i have to manually enter the codes for every file i have.

deepprpl
5th December 2007, 23:57
A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. What is the latest version of drmdbg? I read about a 20071105 version? I'm using 20071025

2. What is the best automation tool for using drmdbg and drm2wmv? I'm using DRMHelper - which is a nice tool but doesn't always convert properly

Any help is muchly appreciated.

Thanks!

winlinmac
6th December 2007, 05:54
The newest DRMdbg is 20071106 as far as I know.

I think most people use AutomateUnDRM 2 as their helper app. I just click thru all the files in WMP until I see the kid/sid pop up (~1 sec per song), then I wrote an app to send all the songs I drag to it to freeme2, the program file of which is in the same directory as drm2.key.

jkashuba07
7th December 2007, 05:44
drm-removal.com

Works perfectly!

You have to buy it, but works w/o fail on my Vista 6000.7000 ibx

You even buy a version for wmv files as well, best part it converts it to the format of your choice as it removes drm... I have it convert to mp3 192kbps, all in 1 step.

Thing I have noticed is that if you add more than like 25 songs at a time, it glitches out and you need to restart your pc to use it again. No biggy for me! This might be just in vista, not sure if it would do it in XP

I use Napster!

I also did not try the video converter I just bought the audio converter!

p.s. which is better rhapsody or napster?

jkashuba07
7th December 2007, 05:47
also it is not an instant removal like fairuse4wm, it would take just is long as it would if you were just normally converting a audio file

you can also convert to aac! forgot to mention that!

I'n the options move the sliding bar on the bottom right untill it says 1 conversion at a time, or it will also glitch!

Good Luck if you try it!

borboleta
7th December 2007, 21:09
mybsides, your work is wonderful.
Subdirectory scanning became possible.

I am unable to download from this site. Anyone else having the same problem? When I try to download from this address I go to the home page and I can not find the download file # 7419. Thanks for your help.

winlinmac
9th December 2007, 10:16
Yeah, apprently upple.com got taken over by an ad company.

Here's a mirror of drmdbg 11/6.
http://www.badongo.com/file/5506377

PopMishima
9th December 2007, 16:01
Hi,

I've somehow reverted my IBX from the nasty 11.0.6000.7000 to a friendly version 11.0.5497.6285. Here's what I've done:

1) First, I back-up my DRM folder with (IBX 6000.7000) from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users (Well, I actually delete it)

2) Then, I download the demo (the 'KeyId' feature) from EzDRM.com
ttp://www.ezdrm.com/demo/newkeyid/encoder_ad.wmv

3) Then, I started playing the downloaded file with WMP11 (mine's 11 final).

And it'll try to get the license, but the Play button will never become active.

4) So I close the 'acquire license' box

5) Then, I double click the song to play.

After that, it say it doesn't have a valid license (or something similar I can't remember, sorry) and ask if I want to find more information

6) So I say Yes I want to find out more info.

7) A browser pops-up and asks me to navigate to the 'Certificate Revocation List Update' MS website
ttp://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/crlupdate/en/crlupdate.html

6) And so I updated it and the demo song plays.

7) I check that with FairUse4WM and tada! 11.0.5497.6285

Best Wishes,
PopMishima

P.S. I'm running WinXP SP2 Pro VLK with WMP11

SalSimp
10th December 2007, 14:29
Hi,

2) Then, I download the demo (the 'KeyId' feature) from EzDRM.com
ttp://www.ezdrm.com/demo/newkeyid/encoder_ad.wmv

"KeyId" link is dead, and yes I added the 'h'. Also went to their site (demos) directly and clicked the 'KeyId' link. Same thing. Did you do something different? Just curious.

kqmaverick
15th December 2007, 07:16
Im having issues with drmdbg since i reinstalled windows yesterday. drmdbg is no longer able to get the KID, it's still seeing the IndivBox.key as 7000. Has MS changed anything that may have blocked drmdbg without changing the IndivBox version?

deepprpl
15th December 2007, 15:47
I had drmdbg (11/6/2007) version working with drm2drv. Then something happened. I *think* I had an automatic Windows update installed. Anyway, now I get the following two errors when I run drmdbg:

ReadProcessMemory_error followed by...
WriteProcessMemory_error

and, unfortunately, no keys are extracted.

Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

kqmaverick
15th December 2007, 16:27
I had drmdbg (11/6/2007) version working with drm2drv. Then something happened. I *think* I had an automatic Windows update installed. Anyway, now I get the following two errors when I run drmdbg:

ReadProcessMemory_error followed by...
WriteProcessMemory_error

and, unfortunately, no keys are extracted.

Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

That is the issues i am having, i didnt install any windows updates on the machine other then the one that WMP11 installer does itself.

PopMishima
15th December 2007, 17:56
"KeyId" link is dead, and yes I added the 'h'. Also went to their site (demos) directly and clicked the 'KeyId' link. Same thing. Did you do something different? Just curious.

The link looks fine to me, but anyway here's the link to the copy I have on my machine

http://www.uploadtoday.com/download/?781eb3ffe73babeb01b26d2a31ed988b

I do believe that sharing a DRM-protected file is not against the site's rule ... is it? :)

Cheers,
PopMishima

Edit: Spelling mistake

deepprpl
15th December 2007, 20:51
Okay, I have *no* idea what I did but...... drmdbg no longer gives me the ReadProcessMemory_error error. It doesn't recover a KID/SID pair either :-). But at least it's not core dumping. Sheeeeeeeesh!

Anybody know when a newer version of drmdbg might be available? I hate using Tunebite to convert protected WMA files. You never can tell when you're gonna get a skip in the file :-<

etjr82
18th December 2007, 18:16
I have drmdbg 2007/11/06 i get the ReadProcessMemory_error and WriteProcessMemory_error anyone been able to fix that? im on vista ultimate and ibx 11.0.6000.7000. anyone gotten drmdbg to work with that setup? drmdbg was not getting the path for drmv2clt so i set it manually in the INI to C:\Windows\system32\drmv2clt.dll is this the right one? cause there are several in there 3or4 but in other folders and for my Indivkey it is set to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key

wetlegs6
24th December 2007, 15:19
Much the same as the few people above, my system suffered a hardware failure over the weekend so im now using my test rig as my main system.

There's one damn video I need to strip, and drmdbg either gives me readprocessmemory_error/writeprocessmemory_error or just outright crashes.

I don't understand it, ive been using this fine on my other rig since September (drmdbg and decryptit).

It's drmdbg 2007/11/06 if anyone's interested, and it loads up the file correctly and all but then just does one of those things.

JeffAlso
25th December 2007, 07:15
It might sound silly, but try rebooting your machine, and then running drmdbg before doing anything else. I had a similiar problem (although not the exact same problem) awhile back and simply rebooting did the trick.

My initial conclusion is that drmdbg can fail to work properly after certain DRM infected videos are played in WMP. A guess would be that something is different enough in a small percentage of files to change the memory address drmdbg uses to get the KID/SID from WMP. Just an initial WAG though.

If this doesn't work, you might also want to try re-individualizing. Hope this helps :)

sectroyer
25th December 2007, 12:59
I advise you to have (at least) three vms on disc. One with 10.0.3646 (The one that works with original drmdbg). One with version 11.0.5-something and one with 10.0.6000.7000. You should the latest version only if it really necessary.

abudara
25th December 2007, 16:51
drmdbg 2007/12/25 01:40

Check "Run this program as an administrator" on vista.

http://netland.ddo.jp/user/cgi-bin/uploader/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=591
zip-pass:4p4RqND8wgw215h50e28L45WZ283hr

kqmaverick
25th December 2007, 21:44

Thank you so much for linking this it fixes the memory errors that i and others have been getting on XP

deepprpl
26th December 2007, 00:17
Thank you so much for linking this it fixes the memory errors that i and others have been getting on XP

Yep, this did the trick. I knew it was only a matter of time - what a nice Christmas present? *wink*

deepprpl
26th December 2007, 13:34
I *love* the new 12/25/07 drmdbg :-). I can use it and drm2wmv on songs individually. I have downloaded Automate unDRM but I get the following error when I try to use it:

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file

It's not a problem with WMP playing the file (in general). It plays fine under drmdbg and extracts the keys

Any ideas? What automation utility do you use?

FredFredrickson
26th December 2007, 19:44
How hard could it be to just write an automation program to use those two programs.. in say VB or something?

Is there something I'm missing.. I mean, I know VB could it be that hard?

I mean I could write something if people give me the details. How liable am I to get in trouble with M$ with me living in the USA, not writing a program that does the crack, just an automater?

I don't know too much on obscurity...

consultant
26th December 2007, 20:50
Been gone a while. Been using FairUse4WM for over a year now. I've got a friend who is much less technical than me. Is there some comprehensive, easy to follow, up-to-date instructions for getting it installed and working on XP, and on Vista somewhere? I have no idea what software he is running. (My days of being everyone's PC Tech are long over.) Or is my poor friend relegated to having to sift through dozens of forum messages?

Forgive me if the link has been posted several times already. If it has it wasn't clearly identified as something like 'FairUse4WM for Dummies Instructions'

Seems like there should be a sticky note somewhere that is kept up-to-date.

On a side note, I'm curious if it is legal to use the utility with purchased music why is it so hard to find/setup? I assume the software itself is illegal but not the usage of it?

wetlegs6
27th December 2007, 15:05

Any chance someone could mirror this on an upload site that's in English?

Whenever I go to that link it sure as hell don't download anything.

SalSimp
27th December 2007, 16:13
I *love* the new 12/25/07 drmdbg :-). I can use it and drm2wmv on songs individually.

Out of curiosity, I tried it - It does not work in my set up (Vista, WMP10). drmdbg 11/05/07 works fine in my set up but this new drmdbg comes up with a bad KID/SID pair. Not sure the KID is right but it is a set of random ASCII characters. The SID is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA= (may have the wrong count of A's, but a string of A's). My observation is that in binary this is a string of 1's and 0's, like 1010101010101010101010101010101010.

So that is my finding.

wetlegs6
27th December 2007, 17:28
Can you please throw it on rapidshare or megaupload or something, I need this new version!

Ajax_Undone
28th December 2007, 00:58
Re post the upload the link has been taken down...

wetlegs6
28th December 2007, 00:59
My point lol.

The last version is giving me errors so I really need this new one - since the other people who were getting errors say it fixed them.

Come on someone, please re-upload!

kqmaverick
29th December 2007, 04:01
Repost of 12/25 update

http://netland.ddo.jp/user/cgi-bin/uploader/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=614

Does anyone have the latest verison of drm2wmv that they can post?

borboleta
29th December 2007, 07:34
Thanks Kqmaverick for the repost. I have been using the 11/06 version. It works well in Windows XP Pro. This new one will not give me any Kid and Sid. I do subscribe to Rhapsody version 4. Is this new version for Vista, only ?

boom10
30th December 2007, 03:09
i downloaded drm but states ibx missing

boom10
30th December 2007, 03:09
ibx components missing..with drm fix 1.3

boom10
30th December 2007, 03:10
verson 9.0.0.3250

Ajax_Undone
31st December 2007, 08:58
That would be the resin why... v10.x+ is supported not 9.x

The IBX components Only show up to fairuse4wm if it is the correct version... Each version of fairuse4wm is responsible for a different build of IBX... The now 6000.7000 there isn't a fix yet...

And I would implore anyone who comes up with such a fix to post source with it so many can have the ease of fixing and upgrading for newer IBX components...

As for drmdbg it currently grabs individual keys for each file. Sid/Kid. The person who made Fairuse4wm found a way to grab the Store Identifier key so it was able to use a two to three key sets pair to decrypt all files... The only problem that currently sits now is the ability to decrypt files using what is available for current IBX components (ie 6000.7000)... Hence people downgrading to the point of incompatibility rather then upgrading to that point as well. either figure out how to make drmdbg work or find a music store that is still in the first part of 2007 on upgrades and use fairuse4wm fix 2...

I say to you Boom10 upgrade to MP10 and hope to hell it doesnt upgrade you IBX to anything passed 6000.6xxx with your music store...

PS: Most music stores don't even handle Ibx 9 anymore and usually tell you to upgrade your media player to the latest one...

All you need is a understanding of how IBX works... On the first page of this post is a pretty good line up of what you need to know... If you can find freeme doc then it will be essayer...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=130166

I have been doing my own digging and have made a couple of breakthroughs. The problem is I can't and wont give any source code on how to do this do to The Current Legal Situation round about me at this point...:mad:

But I will tell you this as People are Pork points out it is quite easy to manipulate the IBX into giving up its keys and even a grade A hack can figure it out...

As per the Registry keys he talks about. A simple registry analyzer tells the full story during the setup of new IBX components upon install and use of a MP with a new music store (ie Napster)...

Long story short someone out side the USA needs to figure this one for a hole in one... Because I can but don't want any after the fact crap to haunt me...:confused:

And for all of you sad people out their don't send worthless crap to my PM trying to dragnet me in illegal File decryption...

Anything not Purchased or Owned by you that was rented borrowed or or otherwise. It is not yours. You Were temporarily given viewing privileges to watch/listen not OWN...:mad:

kqmaverick
31st December 2007, 14:52
drmdbg is capable of extracting multiple keys but replaces not adds to the key file so you have to get the keys at the same time.

thailer
1st January 2008, 04:23
Can someone offer a little help please?

I'm finally able to get the keys once again with drmdbg (yay). But I don't know what to do next. I've downloaded drm2wmv but I have no idea how to use it. I hate to sound like a noob, I've been reading through these forums for 2 weeks now trying everything. If someone can help, I'd be totally appreciative!!
thanks much :)

kqmaverick
1st January 2008, 05:32
Can someone offer a little help please?

I'm finally able to get the keys once again with drmdbg (yay). But I don't know what to do next. I've downloaded drm2wmv but I have no idea how to use it. I hate to sound like a noob, I've been reading through these forums for 2 weeks now trying everything. If someone can help, I'd be totally appreciative!!
thanks much :)

if drm2wmv is in the same folder as drmdbg its as simple as dragging the drm'd file onto it, a dos screen should open showing progress and close when complete. Alternatively you can open a CMD prompt and enter the filename manually (ie. drm2wmv drmfile.wma).

Oneill5491
2nd January 2008, 03:41
Well I see a new version just got released on that Japenese website. Unfortunately, it is not grabbing the keys out of my Rhapsody files (i.e. nothing appears in the bottom box of the drmbdg program). I tried running this on a Vista and XP box with the same result. What gives?:angry:

Ajax_Undone
2nd January 2008, 05:22
Maybe its a test copy not a release use the 12/25 version it does work...

Oneill5491
2nd January 2008, 06:19
Maybe its a test copy not a release use the 12/25 version it does work...

All links to the 12/25 dated copy are dead. Anyone have a live link?

thailer
2nd January 2008, 12:00
Does anyone have the latest verison of drm2wmv that they can post? Mine must be busted because i can't get it to work.

thanks

drfsupercenter
3rd January 2008, 03:00
http://www.drfsupercenter.info/Programs/drmdbg%2012-25-07.zip

That's the 12/25/2007 drmdbg... on a dedicated server, so enjoy!

By the way, does anyone actually know how to use it? I selected the WMV and a folder... but it didn't do anything, only opened the video.

Oneill5491
3rd January 2008, 04:42
Ok, I got the program (12/25 version) and I got it to work a few times, but the problem is that it's unreliable. In some cases, it would start punching out DRM keys right away when I hit multi scan, other times it would not and the song would keep playing. Not sure what the deal is and if the program is to blame or if WMP isn't processing the DRM code in such a fasion that drmdbg can find the keys. Hopefully future releases will prove to work better.

Ajax_Undone
3rd January 2008, 06:47
You must close Media Player and the program before scanning again...

The consistence of it working on the IBX depends on your consistency to fallow 1 rule... Try try again... So it it just starts playing the files close Media player and Drmdbg and restart DRMdbg...

If it starts playing again with out extraction of keys then one you didnt wait for it to load the IBX or you already have the key to the file in the key text...

In order to decrypt a file you need to drag and drop the injured file onto drm2wmv and let it do its thing... if you wish to do an entire folder (or batch decrypt) then use decryptit.exe found in the install directory of Automate UnDRM v2.0...

Use the settings shown in the uploaded pic if you use Decryptit...

sectroyer
3rd January 2008, 18:02
I agree with you Ajax in many points. The fact is that people should not decrypt drm protected files if they only rent it. However if someones buys a song he/she should have a right to use it on any machine(not only windoze). I started this topic to understand the way ibx keys were/are being extracter by fairuse4wm/mirakagi. This was the last part that I could not find any info of. Thanks to anonymous help now I understand how this all works. As I said before I don't live in US so there is no legal problem for me to work on IBX however I am not going to this. There are two reasons:
1) I can't add IBX private key extraction to FreeMe2 because this could mean the end of the project (at least on sourceforge).
2) My main goal was to "bring" drm to *nix platform. Since now FreeMe2 works with all files that I encounter and mplayer also supports drm (thanks to Reimar) I believe my task is over.
I believe that FreeMe2 sources can help anyone who wants to fight a little with WM-DRM :)

drfsupercenter
3rd January 2008, 22:02
Ajax, all I did was open drmdbg in Windows, browse to the WMV selection, and hit "multi scan."

Am I supposed to do more stuff?

Ajax_Undone
3rd January 2008, 23:52
wait for the IBX version box at the top of the DRMdbg window to fill in.

Are you pointing to where the Files are or are you pointing it to an empty folder...

The folder that you open should have the drm infected files inside it...

Once you hit the multi scan button it should then open media player and grab the keys that unlock the files...

If you have an unprotected file inside that folder and you hit multi scan then it will just play that file nothing else will happen...

What store are you using???

drfsupercenter
5th January 2008, 03:15
I pointed the WMV Directory to the actual file. The WMV output was an empty folder.

It opened WMP alright, but it just played the video and didn't show any keys whatsoever. I don't know what you mean by "store"... it's not a music store if that's what you mean.

Ajax_Undone
5th January 2008, 03:52
What music/video store did you BUY the file from...

Is your IBX version 6000.7000 or do you even know...

Is the file even protected it might just be scrambled...

Is it video or audio...

drfsupercenter
5th January 2008, 17:32
I didn't buy it from a store. I downloaded it off mtv.com... I was just testing with that file as the license is free, and works for testing if I can remove licenses or not.

It IS 6000.7000, at least that's what I was told by mirakagi or whatever...

It IS DRM protected, as it says "Acquiring license" the first time you play it.

And it's a WMV video.

Ajax_Undone
6th January 2008, 04:31
Then it requires you to be online to play...

drfsupercenter
6th January 2008, 23:23
I *am* online.

It just plays the file, and doesn't give me any keys. I already have the license.. it only needs to be acquired once... but why won't it give me they key?

I could try it with some tracks I bought on Napster, the only problem with that is I have to keep resetting my DRM every time I try different decrypters, and the videos with "free public license" work best in this case.

agreenbhm
10th January 2008, 03:29
I'm using the Yahoo music engine with IBX 11.0.6000.7000. I'm also using the 12/25/07 version of DRMDBG. I have Vista Ultimate. I'm using WMP 11.

I open up DRMDBG, set the WMV directory to one with DRM'd music and click multi scan. All it does is open up WMP and play the song. I can never get it to extract any keys.

What am I doing wrong? BTW, I am connected to the internet while doing this. Is there something I am supposed to do to the DRMDBG configuration file?

borboleta
10th January 2008, 18:49
I'm using the Yahoo music engine with IBX 11.0.6000.7000. I'm also using the 12/25/07 version of DRMDBG. I have Vista Ultimate. I'm using WMP 11.

I open up DRMDBG, set the WMV directory to one with DRM'd music and click multi scan. All it does is open up WMP and play the song. I can never get it to extract any keys.

What am I doing wrong? BTW, I am connected to the internet while doing this. Is there something I am supposed to do to the DRMDBG configuration file?
Hi agreenbhm,

I have the same problem when using the 12/25/2007 version of DRMDGB, I have Windows XP Pro SP2. I have been able to use Rhapsody 4 (IBX 11.0.6000.7000)with the 11/06/2007 version of DRMDBG. I have the latest version of Windows Media Player 11. Try DRMDGB(11/06/2007 version). Good Luck.

agreenbhm
10th January 2008, 19:54
Still no luck. If I use the 11/6 version I get the writeprocessmemory error. Still no keys outputted.

danyal711
11th January 2008, 04:13
Hi, I am new to the forms and need some help. I have a bunch of DRM V1 files which I can play (WMA) however none of the tools I have tried on this site seem to work. (The reason I found out that they are V1 is by trying FreeMe which reports that the files are V1 and not V2). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sectroyer
11th January 2008, 16:03
AFAIK there is no tool for removing drm v1 tool. The reason is simple no one is interested in creating such program :)

Wilbert
11th January 2008, 18:57
AFAIK there is no tool for removing drm v1 tool.
I thought that drm2wmv/drmdbg can remove that.

http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=5556628#post5556628

StreamRipper
12th January 2008, 09:38
AFAIK there is no tool for removing drm v1 tool. The reason is simple no one is interested in creating such program :)
There are several ways to remove DRM v1:
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1744

danyal711
13th January 2008, 04:43
I am ideally looking for a lossless method of drm v1 removal. Fairuse 4 wma doesnt work and neither does drmdbg... Freeme 1 and 2 simply say not a DRM V2 file.

sectroyer
17th January 2008, 00:19
Since I have a strong believe (and suspicion) that the person called people_are_pork is "somewhere near by" I would like to ask him to contact me.

Ajax_Undone
17th January 2008, 08:15
LOL dude I dont think he will show up...

I am Wondering why???
Do you need more info on whats going on in the WMP world???

sectroyer
17th January 2008, 15:51
I wanted to talk with him about some info regarding ibx key extraction and such :) The problem is that I don't want to discuss such things here since walls have ears :)

Hercules
17th January 2008, 23:25
Any other links for the 12/25 version?

Mac2492
19th January 2008, 11:08
Here you go.
http://sharebee.com/eeb5e26f

By the way, it might seem fishy that I only have one post. Feel free to scan the archive for viruses. If I were you, I wouldn't trust me either... If that made any sense.

I'm just posting this because I know how it feels to wait for that "glorious reupload". @,@

sectroyer
20th January 2008, 01:55
It seems that I can't get the attention of anyone who knows more than I about the topic so I will ask in other words :) I would like to ask anybody who knows what ibxtract is to contact me :) I wouldn't like to discuss this matter in the public eye... As I said before I have some plans/ideas on making MS-DRM more defenseless but need the aproval and some info :)

Ajax_Undone
22nd January 2008, 00:46
Told you he aint comming hes in hidding like all of the others.

sectroyer
22nd January 2008, 17:09
I see, living in US most be horrible :) Anyway I am glad you are here. I hope when time comes someone will contact me. Maybe I am "fighting" with DRM but I respect rights of the author :)

Wilbert
22nd January 2008, 18:29
I don't get it. For what and why do you need approval? Progs like this should be open source. This will be the only way any development can continue.

I guess you are referring to the author of FairUse4WM. I'm sure he would agree ...

ADDD
23rd January 2008, 00:37
Hello, everyone!

With 12/25 and DRM2WMV_E everything works good for wmv files with 2 non-critical issues.

The issues are:
1) (this one was already addressed by someone) Sometimes drm2wmv reports error after full conversion. The output file seems to be ok though.
2) Seek bug: on some decoded files if you jump about 2/3 into the movie WMP hangs for about 15 seconds taking lots of CPU resources, hard disk works fiercely, then movie restarts.
Looks like a few key frames are missing (corrupted during conversion) and WMP can't stick to any start point. This is not about the whole file. Only a short unseekable range (about 1/5 of the length). The original seeks alright. About one out of 5 files converted has this bug. I didn't check all the seeking thoroughly though, maybe be there are more errors.
Has anyone experienced the same? Can someone report these issues to the developer?

Also a few questions about drm2wmv, if you don't mind:
1. Where can I get the latest version and which is that? Can someone help me with a link (PM possible)?
2. What's the difference between drm2wmv.exe and drm2wmv_e.exe? (Somehow both say they are v.1241, is drm2wmv_e.exe is roughly drm2wmv.exe+key2find.exe?)
3. What does "-v" parameter mean? (I get results of the same size and with the same bug (#2), but 4 bytes are different.)
:thanks:

mybsides
23rd January 2008, 11:12
Here you go.
http://sharebee.com/eeb5e26f

By the way, it might seem fishy that I only have one post. Feel free to scan the archive for viruses. If I were you, I wouldn't trust me either... If that made any sense.

I'm just posting this because I know how it feels to wait for that "glorious reupload". @,@

:thanks: for the re-UP

ADDD
23rd January 2008, 18:25
Actually drmdbg (080102) exists (for 3 weeks already lol).

sectroyer
24th January 2008, 03:55
Just for the record I tried all versions of drmdbg and with my system and my test file only first release works :) Other versions are unable to extract SID :)

ADDD
25th January 2008, 13:00
Where came I download the drmdbg (080102) ???:stupid:Well, I wish I knew. As a matter of fact I read that info on several sources but the links were dead at the moment. Also I don't have torrent presently, so I can't say if it's available there.
Definitely, we need al least one japanese-english guy here :):rolleyes:

ADDD
25th January 2008, 13:08
hktungw, thx for your links.

sectroyer, and what's your setup then? If you have .7000 (as this thread implies) then early dbg versions will surely fail.

sectroyer
25th January 2008, 18:17
I have xpsp2, wmp 11 and ibx 11.0.6000.7000 and all versions expect the first one fail on my system with my test file :) I didn't check 080102 but all other do not work :)

StreamRipper
26th January 2008, 05:38
Can someone kindly point me in the right direction where I can find the first version for download?
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/download-latest-version-drmdbg-exe-t1959.html

ADDD
26th January 2008, 15:53
sectroyer, we are speaking about different files then. I'm centered on wmv.
Actually the author himself pointed (as much as I could understand that) that 080102 has some fixes with npster music but lacks something in multiscanning. Also vista support is still being polished I guess.
So I believe this means some versions may be more/less functional than the others (without backward compatibility).

sectroyer
27th January 2008, 13:28
ADDD, There is no wmv ans wma files. Are files are asf format but never mind :)

agreenbhm
27th January 2008, 13:53
well, i'm about to give up with drmdbg. I've used every recent version there is and none of them will give me any keys. I'm running Vista Ultimate with 11.0.6000.7000 and am using the Yahoo music engine to download my music. I've had to use soundtaxi to unprotect the music, lately, which sucks b/c of all the skipping.

I just tried the 010108 release of drmdbg, and still no luck. WTF can I do to make this work?

hugscot
28th January 2008, 05:13
I posted about some software I used that successfully decoded this DRM that everyone is having trouble with yet I get a slap on the wrist for spam. This is retarded. I try some of the suggestions in this post and none of them work so I paid for this software, which works great, and so what is the problem with posting that for others to know. I don't work for the company or have anything to do with them other than being a happy customer. I can send you my receipt if you like? I was just posting my experience with using it. Isn't that what this forum is for to solve problems? If I posted on here that I used fairuse to decode my stuff is that going to be deleted too? I was trying to disseminate some useful info but I guess no one gives a shit. You guys are being a bit over zealous.

KenD00
28th January 2008, 05:37
Well, i'm not sure if that was you but i remember that someone x-posted almost the same message in 4 or 5 threads saying that he used the greatest-software-which-removes-drm-from-every-file successfully. If you have to commit something, then its enough to say it once (besides its also against the rules).

And if you would have taken the time reading this forum you would have found out that all these great apps "remove" the drm by playing back the file, capturing the analog output and encoding it again. This is *not* drm removing, its like you would transfer the pictures of your digital camera to your computer by printing them out and scanning them.

:rolleyes:

Mac2492
28th January 2008, 06:05
I have a request + something that might help you all rolled into one...

Download (http://sharebee.com/6042e1bc)

Basically, I packaged drmdbg and FreeMe2 (the latest versions of both, so drmdbg is the January 1, 2008 version) and jotted down some quick instructions on how to use them from start to finish. (It starts at individualization and ends at freeing the DRM-protected content).

That's the "something that may help you". Now here's my request...

Can someone (preferably someone who hasn't even individualized his/her computer yet) please follow the instructions step-by-step and tell me if everything works out? I want to make sure that I didn't miss a step or write down a step incorrectly. I already did the first few steps a while back, so I can't verify that they are correct.

Thanks, and enjoy... At the same time. x,X

Oh, and I take credit for nothing other than the instructions. Even then, you're free to post the instructions wherever (with or without credits... I don't really mind) you want.

P.S. As always, scan for viruses (yes, I'm asking you to scan a file that I posted for viruses). I know that I'm trustworthy, but you don't. Stay safe. =)

For those who already have drmdbg and FreeMe2...
Instructions for Removing DRM with drmdbg and FreeMe2:

1) Individualize your computer at:

2) Open up "drmdbg.exe".
Note: "drmdbg.ini" should be created in the "DRM Removal Kit" directory".

3) May not be required! Do no change anything if the settings below already have paths filled in. In "drmdbg.ini", change:
[IndivBoxKey]
path=
[drmv2clt]
path=

INTO (Windows XP)

[IndivBoxKey]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key
[drmv2clt]
path=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drmv2clt.dll

OR (Windows Vista)

[IndivBoxKey]
path=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key
[drmv2clt]
path=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drmv2clt.dll

Note: The path and number of the Individualization keys may vary, but these are the usual locations.
Note: The files may be located on a different drive. They should be installed on your system drive by default, so replace "C" with your system drive letter.
Note: Number variations will be something like "Indiv02.key", etc... Pick the highest number.
Note: The keys are hidden by default... To make them visible, go to: (In Windows Explorer or Control Panel)
"Tools (Windows Explorer Only) -> Folder Options -> View", then check "Show hidden files and folder" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"
Once you find the key, replace the path in "drmdbg.ini" with the proper path.

4) Restart "drmdbg.exe"
Note: "[Insert Key Path Here] v11.0.6000.7000" should be displayed in the box beside "MultiScan". (With the proper key path inserted, of course)
Note: A "DRM2" folder with "DRM2.key" should be created in the "DRM Removal Kit" directory.
Note: Windows Media Player should open.

5) Put the DRM-protected file into the "DRM Removal Kit" directory.

6) Open up "drmdbg.exe", then press "MultiScan" after the keys are loaded.

7) Take the necessary steps to play the media (validate the license).

8) The keys will be displayed in the bottom box of drmdbg (beside "Clear").
Note: The only part of the output that is required to decrypt the media is the SID...
<SID>COPY_ALL_THIS_INCLUDING_EQUAL_SIGNS</SID>

9) Drag the DRM-protected file onto "FreeMe2.bat", then paste its SID when asked to do so.
Note: Right click, then click "Paste".

10) Enjoy the DRM-free content!

Please help me find any mistakes. ^,^

plonk420
28th January 2008, 10:13
Antivirus Version Last Update Result
AhnLab-V3 2008.1.28.10 2008.01.28 -
AntiVir 7.6.0.56 2008.01.27 -
Authentium 4.93.8 2008.01.26 -
Avast 4.7.1098.0 2008.01.27 -
AVG 7.5.0.516 2008.01.27 -
BitDefender 7.2 2008.01.28 -
CAT-QuickHeal 9.00 2008.01.25 -
ClamAV 0.91.2 2008.01.27 -
DrWeb 4.44.0.09170 2008.01.28 -
eSafe 7.0.15.0 2008.01.16 -
eTrust-Vet 31.3.5486 2008.01.26 -
Ewido 4.0 2008.01.27 -
FileAdvisor 1 2008.01.28 -
Fortinet 3.14.0.0 2008.01.27 -
F-Prot 4.4.2.54 2008.01.27 -
F-Secure 6.70.13260.0 2008.01.28 -
Ikarus T3.1.1.20 2008.01.28 -
Kaspersky 7.0.0.125 2008.01.28 -
McAfee 5216 2008.01.26 -
Microsoft 1.3109 2008.01.28 -
NOD32v2 2827 2008.01.28 -
Norman 5.80.02 2008.01.24 -
Panda 9.0.0.4 2008.01.28 -
Prevx1 V2 2008.01.28 -
Rising 20.29.01.00 2008.01.28 -
Sophos 4.25.0 2008.01.28 -
Sunbelt 2.2.907.0 2008.01.25 -
Symantec 10 2008.01.28 -
TheHacker 6.2.9.200 2008.01.28 -
VBA32 3.12.2.5 2008.01.21 -
VirusBuster 4.3.26:9 2008.01.27 -
Webwasher-Gateway6.6.2 2008.01.28 Virus.Win32.FileInfector.gen!90 (suspicious)

from virustotal.com...

clean enough for me (and my nod32 3.0 didn't give me a raid siren), but i don't have any 11.0.6000.7000 files to try. i may in a day, tho...

xxsodapopxx5
28th January 2008, 11:46
hey guys right now im in the process of writing a program to interface with drmdbg and freeme2, it is really easy to use so far. and im just about to write the part where it renames the file that is created from freeme2... it adds "freed" which is annoying, but other than that im like done.... ill post it sometime soon after some tweaks...
Honestly i am not even going to use it, i made it to learn some harder programming(which isnt really hard, i just suck right now... still a kid.). I'll post the source code if you guys want also, its in c#.

remember kids, this is only for educational purposes only.

features
-point to a folder and it will search all subdirs for wma files.
-batch freeme2
-its kinda idiot proof.... it tells you pretty much exactly what to do, and im gonna write a readme.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/2705550211.jpg

agreenbhm
28th January 2008, 13:20
Mac2492,

Thanks for the download and instructions (I've been waiting forever for someone to post that) but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

To my dismay, the instructions only told me to do what I've been doing over and over again without luck. I'm running Vista Ultimate, 11.0.600.7000, and using Yahoo Music.

WTF?!? How can I get this damned thing to work?

hugscot
28th January 2008, 16:26
Well, i'm not sure if that was you but i remember that someone x-posted almost the same message in 4 or 5 threads saying that he used the greatest-software-which-removes-drm-from-every-file successfully. If you have to commit something, then its enough to say it once (besides its also against the rules).

And if you would have taken the time reading this forum you would have found out that all these great apps "remove" the drm by playing back the file, capturing the analog output and encoding it again. This is *not* drm removing, its like you would transfer the pictures of your digital camera to your computer by printing them out and scanning them.

So you don't think sound quality is as good? Fair enough but I can't tell any difference, which was the point of my post (there isn't much that I can tell). Of course I don't have bat eats either and have a good card in my computer LOL. But I guess that is matter of opinion on whether that is DRM removal or not. The end result is the same--I now have all my music library unprotected so no DRM on them. Me thinks that constitutes removal or decrypting. So these guys take a little different and slower route to get there by using lossy software.

I have seen folks recommending to rip songs to cd to accomplish this also but that doesn't remove it either and is even slower and more wasteful. And yes I did read the forum rules and I am not a spammer if you read my post. However, I will still be waiting to see if any other "real" DRM removal tool works while I enjoy my music;)

thailer
28th January 2008, 17:29
I have a request + something that might help you all rolled into one...

Download (http://sharebee.com/6042e1bc)

Basically, I packaged drmdbg and FreeMe2 (the latest versions of both, so drmdbg is the January 1, 2008 version) and jotted down some quick instructions on how to use them from start to finish. (It starts at individualization and ends at freeing the DRM-protected content).

That's the "something that may help you". Now here's my request...

Can someone (preferably someone who hasn't even individualized his/her computer yet) please follow the instructions step-by-step and tell me if everything works out? I want to make sure that I didn't miss a step or write down a step incorrectly. I already did the first few steps a while back, so I can't verify that they are correct.

Thanks, and enjoy... At the same time. x,X

Oh, and I take credit for nothing other than the instructions. Even then, you're free to post the instructions wherever (with or without credits... I don't really mind) you want.

P.S. As always, scan for viruses (yes, I'm asking you to scan a file that I posted for viruses). I know that I'm trustworthy, but you don't. Stay safe. =)

For those who already have drmdbg and FreeMe2...

Please help me find any mistakes. ^,^

Thank you so much!!!
Finally it's working. I totally appreciate your time in putting together some easy to understand directions.
Thanks

thailer
28th January 2008, 17:36
hey guys right now im in the process of writing a program to interface with drmdbg and freeme2, it is really easy to use so far. and im just about to write the part where it renames the file that is created from freeme2... it adds "freed" which is annoying, but other than that im like done.... ill post it sometime soon after some tweaks...
Honestly i am not even going to use it, i made it to learn some harder programming(which isnt really hard, i just suck right now... still a kid.). I'll post the source code if you guys want also, its in c#.

remember kids, this is only for educational purposes only.

features
-point to a folder and it will search all subdirs for wma files.
-batch freeme2
-its kinda idiot proof.... it tells you pretty much exactly what to do, and im gonna write a readme.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/2705550211.jpg

Now that I've got drm and freeme working, I can't wait to test drive your program. Do you have an ETA?

xxsodapopxx5
28th January 2008, 18:36
this is kind of like a beta type thing.... i havent versioned it or written any documentation for it, but as i said earlier its pretty self explanatory...

believe it or not rar'd its only 7kb.

http://rapidshare.com/files/87331513/unDRM.rar.html

I havent automated drmdbg as of yet, i plan to. but i believe the best part of this program is batch freeme2.

when freeme2 runs, it flies by super fast... the one time i did like 40 songs and it was like crazy blip of dos windows... im gonna try to hide those maybe and have my own progress bar.

oh and tell me anything thats wrong with it. will try to fix.

when im finished with it i will post source for all you cool kids to edit when i dont feel like it anymore.

have fun! :)

Mac2492
28th January 2008, 19:29
^ That looks quite interesting. Good work. =)

Note: The instructions might be even simpler. Apparently, drmdbg exports the key files into a file called "DRM2.key". This file is placed in a folder called "DRM2" created in the drmdbg directory. Anyway... If this file is put in the same directory as freeme2, you don't even have to enter in the SID for the file you are trying to change.

Later today, I'll try to tweak the ini settings so that the keys are placed directly in the key directory ([MakeDRM2Dir] in the settings looks like my destination). That way, you can just open drmdbg, scan for media, close drmdbg, drag the media onto freeme2, and the DRM should be removed.

(Further down I say that I like doing things manually... I do. I am going to manually create a semi-automation process. xD)

Of course, this is still more complicated than sodapop's application.

Mac2492,

Thanks for the download and instructions (I've been waiting forever for someone to post that) but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

To my dismay, the instructions only told me to do what I've been doing over and over again without luck. I'm running Vista Ultimate, 11.0.600.7000, and using Yahoo Music.

WTF?!? How can I get this damned thing to work?

I have Windows XP, so I'm not quite so if I can get the program working for you.

I'll ask a few questions...

1) When you open up drmdbg, can it find your individualization keys?

2) When you open up drmdbg, does Windows Media Player open?

If not, then you might have to go searching for your individualization keys manually. Go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Then check "Show hidden files and folder" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

Look in the folders mentioned (particularly the Vista) one and make sure that the key is actually in there. If it's not named Indiv01.key, then that might be your problem. Go back to drmdbg.ini and fix the path so that it leads to the correct file. (Indiv03.key, or whatever it may be)

3) If that's not the problem and the keys load fine, that where exactly do you get stuck? =)

4) Oh, and try sodapop's application and see if it works for you. I haven't downloaded it myself, but it looks interesting. I like to do things like this by hand, so I'll stick with the conventional method of removing drm with these programs.

Thank you so much!!!
Finally it's working. I totally appreciate your time in putting together some easy to understand directions.
Thanks

You're welcome. It really only took a few minutes, though. ^,^

agreenbhm
28th January 2008, 19:35
Mac2492,

Everything works up to the part after it plays. WMP opens up, drmdbg finds my indivkey, but drmdbg never displays the key for the song in the bottom area of the program.

agreenbhm
28th January 2008, 19:51
Quick update: I'm not ever getting a DRM2.key file. IDK why.

EDIT: I individualized my computer twice today via IE but I still only have have 1 indiv key which is indiv01.key dated December 16th 2007

Mac2492
28th January 2008, 20:06
http://sharebee.com/e3c050a0

Okay, I modified the instructions to reflect the simpler method of using these tools. I actually left a modified version of "drmdbg.ini" in the folder that has NO PATHS. Instead, it just switched to "MakeDRM2Dir" value "0". This will prevent it from creating a DRM2 folder with the DRM2.key file inside. Instead, it simply creates DRM2.key inside the base directory.

If you can't even get the keys, this won't work for you. If you can get the keys, then this will make things easier. (But not as easy as sodapop's application! xP)

Again, please scan for viruses.

Also, I would like to thank Stream Recorder for giving me tips when I posted this on the forums.
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/howto-instructions-removing-drm-drmdbg-freeme2-windows-t2272.html

xxsodapopxx5
28th January 2008, 20:06
^ That looks quite interesting. Good work. =)

Note: The instructions might be even simpler. Apparently, drmdbg exports the key files into a file called "DRM2.key". This file is placed in a folder called "DRM2" created in the drmdbg directory. Anyway... If this file is put in the same directory as freeme2, you don't even have to enter in the SID for the file you are trying to change.

ya you are right about the DRM2.key. It holds the key and the SID so you dont have to enter anything. Freeme2 does all the work then if its in freeme2's directory.

and thanks for the compliment... it was only just started like 2 days ago so ya... gonna tweak it a bit more before a real release.