PDA

View Full Version : @gabest, about sub joining

FrEEwilL
6th January 2002, 19:27
is it possible to implement a feature that allows continuous indexing over two or more title sets like a streamlist decoding ?
for example, it is possible to rip title 1, 2.. , make one d2a project and encode all of them into one avi in one step by adding all vobs.
but to make one combined sub, i still have to make separate projects because i don't know the length (up to msec) of each title.
so i thought how great if vobsub can rip all of them at a time OR at least it can caculate the time length of vobs and save it in idx
so that i don't worry about finding myself the precise offsets, when manaully joining. is there other easy way i'm missing ?

Schultz
7th January 2002, 04:12
get the latest version 2.07 at http://vobsub.edensrising.com it has the new option to do
rundll32 vobsub.dll,Joiner which will bring up a dialog allowing you to join two .sub files together.

gabest
7th January 2002, 20:17
Originally posted by FrEEwilL
is it possible to implement a feature that allows continuous indexing over two or more title sets like a streamlist decoding ?

If you name the vobs as vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob, etc, then they will be indexed in one piece.

for example, it is possible to rip title 1, 2.. , make one d2a project and encode all of them into one avi in one step by adding all vobs.

How do you mean "title"s? vobs, cells, chapters?

but to make one combined sub, i still have to make separate projects because i don't know the length (up to msec) of each title.
so i thought how great if vobsub can rip all of them at a time OR at least it can caculate the time length of vobs and save it in idx
so that i don't worry about finding myself the precise offsets, when manaully joining. is there other easy way i'm missing ?

FrEEwilL
8th January 2002, 12:31
How do you mean "title"s? vobs, cells, chapters?
i meant VTS/PGC, which is listed as title in smartripper.
sometimes i used to rip supplementary materials beside a main movie for my friends and usually they reside in many separate vts. i thought it is better to rip some of them as one avi under the same categories rather than each small avi's.

get the latest version 2.07
in fact, i tried it before posting and subject was referring to new option :)

If you name the vobs as vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob, etc, then they will be indexed in one piece.

oh i didn't think of that way. i thought each ifo/vob are dependent and important for indexing because vobsub asks ifo not vob when opening. do you mean vobsub doesn't rely on ifo ?
anyway i will give it a try next time :)

gabest
8th January 2002, 12:53
Originally posted by FrEEwilL
oh i didn't think of that way. i thought each ifo/vob are dependent and important for indexing because vobsub asks ifo not vob when opening. do you mean vobsub doesn't rely on ifo ?

The ifo is needed for
1. indexing based on the vob/cell ids (pressing the OK button)
2. streamid->language mapping
3. getting the 16 colors of the palette

You can use the "wide button" for indexing, and if you have luck 2. and 3. are identical in all titles (and you can still modify these later).