PDA

View Full Version : Copy HD-DVD to DVD9?

geodeath
10th September 2007, 21:21
Hello all!
Its very nice to see all these tutorials about encoding/transcoding, but i would like to know something really simple.

If you had an Hd-dvd disc which would happen to be less than 9 gbs of data, could you just copy it over to a dual layer dvdr disc?
Would that be ok with hd-dvd players?

I only have one dl disc and i dont want to waste it..
Also, i am curious, cause from what i ve read about hd-dvd it is backwards compatible with dvd 9 media.

Would burning just the contents of a disc (if not scrambled of course) onto a dvd9 work? :)

Pitou
8th October 2007, 20:36
Yes, but it's been a long time since I played with it. Give it a try and report back!

Pitou!

Toti
17th October 2007, 08:18
Hello all!
Its very nice to see all these tutorials about encoding/transcoding, but i would like to know something really simple.

If you had an Hd-dvd disc which would happen to be less than 9 gbs of data, could you just copy it over to a dual layer dvdr disc?
Would that be ok with hd-dvd players?

I only have one dl disc and i dont want to waste it..
Also, i am curious, cause from what i ve read about hd-dvd it is backwards compatible with dvd 9 media.

Would burning just the contents of a disc (if not scrambled of course) onto a dvd9 work? :)

Yes, it will work but make sure that you have the bit settings right and that your burner supports bit-settings.