PDA

View Full Version : Having font issues with embedded .mp4 subtitles using MP4Box and .srt subs

Shaocaholica
15th August 2007, 19:59
I've successfully imported .srt subtitles into an .mp4 container using MP4box but it seems to want to set a default font/color/size to the subs that are really ugly through VSFilter. I'm not sure if its MP4Box or VSFilter thats choosing the ugly font/color but the output from MP4Box says something about using "georgia" as the default font and I never specified that. I can always override in VSFilter but I'd rather get it right the first time. Is there any way with MP4Box to specify font/color/size/effects?

arionon
16th August 2007, 09:14
I've successfully imported .srt subtitles into an .mp4 container using MP4box but it seems to want to set a default font/color/size to the subs that are really ugly through VSFilter. I'm not sure if its MP4Box or VSFilter thats choosing the ugly font/color but the output from MP4Box says something about using "georgia" as the default font and I never specified that. I can always override in VSFilter but I'd rather get it right the first time. Is there any way with MP4Box to specify font/color/size/effects?

The best way is to use other DVD Creator software.

Kurtnoise
16th August 2007, 12:40
Is there any way with MP4Box to specify font/color/size/effects?
The better way for that is the TTXT format. More infos about that on GPAC website.

Furthermore, when we import srt file, MP4Box will convert it to ttxt internally. However with a recent MP4Box build, you can specify the font name (which is not Georgia by default but Serif) and the font size :

MP4Box .... -add mysubfile.srt:font=xxx:size=yy output.mp4

where xxx is the font name and yy the font size.

Shaocaholica
17th August 2007, 05:32
Ok, I got MP4Box to convert my srt into a ttxt file. I edited the ttxt so that the font size and color are what I want but now the subs don't display at all. There are still there since directvobsub will play them back when set to plain text but not by default.

bond
18th August 2007, 10:06
try the gabest mp4 splitter instead of haali