PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong?

wellyman
4th January 2002, 06:10
ok. seems most movies i'm interested in are greater than 4.3, even with stripped audio. So I go to re-encode. Unhappy with rempeg's quality. (from what i understand, using anything else other than this one will lose info. chapters, whatever) go into cce 2.62, have a .mpv that i'm happy with. can't seem to get audio to sync with video in ifoedit. (seems to be a common, unresolved issue in previous thread). so i go into dvd quick builder. seems to produce a single, large vob. plays in powerdvd. seems fine, although I don't know if the audio is still 5.1. keep going in quickbuilder, according to guide on this site. produces ifo's and vobs. no audio in powerdvd, and doesn't seem to list any in ifoedit. This problem is even stated in the guide. (no audio in disk mode, but audio in file mode.) Since there seems to be audio in the vobs, (since in file mode it works), I try to burn to dvd-rw with my pioneer 103. no audio in powerdvd, and in standalone (pioneer 434) it just hangs, with 1 blinking. won't play at all. I have had success with rw disk with dvd-5 originals in standalone. Using instant vob to burn, with updated software. am i the only one who cant seem to get a reencoded movie to work?