PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Atak_Snajpera
3rd July 2007, 00:55
This small app written in Delphi is specially for people looking for something simple without exotic filters and unnecessary settings.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=966YDQ8A5LB3L&lc=US&item_name=RipBot264&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)

Download
.7z -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0d5374zc3wchh8/RipBot264v1.22.0.7z

. http://i.cubeupload.com/fDma8k.png . http://i.cubeupload.com/e8JoyV.png

Common problems:
1) AviSynth Error message or other decoding problem (avs2avi.exe/avs2yuv.exe crashes)
Uninstall all codec packs , AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter , ffdshow. XP users also must install Windows Media Player 11!
2) x264 crashes
check cpu stability in LinX (https://github.com/sanekgusev/LinX-old/releases/download/0.6.5/LinX-0.6.5.7z). check memory in memtest86

Q: What does 4.1 profile do over 4.0 and would 4.1 be better for working with HD DVD/Blu Ray discs?
A: According to wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264#Levels) maximum bitrate in 4.0 high profile is limited to 25Mbps. 4.1 is limited to 62.5Mbps. That's all!

Changelog

v1.22.0
Added: Support for UHD Blurays
Added: Automatic HDR information retention while encoding to HEVC format
Added: Automatic HDR to SDR tonemaping during conversion to AVC format
Added: Option to limit MT usage to specific filters only
Added: Custom Script option
Fixed: Various fixes and improvements
[FULL LOG (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264/version-history#changelog)]

6c966b28-e0dd-48f6-b1c7-a56e8a275ec0 (http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ripbot264update/update.zip)

~bT~
3rd July 2007, 02:32
^ nice going mate! :thanks:

will check it out as i need to do a few vids for ps3.

just noticed, u must have ffdshow? i don't really want to install ffdshow as i prefer separate codecs. any way around this?

EDIT: just tried it on a lil sample, i wasn't asked to install ffdshow, just started the process. very easy prog to use!

Jerry_Sm@rt
3rd July 2007, 10:54
Very nice GUI,easy to use.
Why not making the first pass faster,like this:

x264.exe --pass 1 --bitrate 800 --stats ".stats" --bframes 3 --filter 0,0 --subme 1 --analyse none --vbv-maxrate 25000 --me dia --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --aq-strength 0 --aq-sensitivity 0 --output NUL "hh.avs"

@echo+

x264.exe --pass 2 --bitrate 800 --stats ".stats" --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --subme 5 --b-pyramid --bime --weightb --filter 0,0 --analyse all --8x8dct --vbv-maxrate 25000 --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --aq-strength 0 --aq-sensitivity 0 --output "hh.mkv" "hh.avs"

P.S:PSP really takes 3 bframes?

Atak_Snajpera
3rd July 2007, 11:11
EDIT: just tried it on a lil sample, i wasn't asked to install ffdshow, just started the process. very easy prog to use!

Are you sure You didn't install FFdshow? RipBot264 does simple check in registry every time at the beginning. If key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\ffdshow] wasn't found you wouldn't be able to encode anything.

Jerry_Sm@rt:
Why not making the first pass faster,like this
Why not but before I change anything I would like to know what would be a disadvantage? (quality loss,file size not accurate...)

PSP really takes 3 bframes?
Yes! PSP plays movies with 3 bframes without any problems! My PSP has never had problems with any movie/anime.

nullstuff
3rd July 2007, 11:21
PSP really takes 3 bframes?
...sharktooth's PD-PSP profile uses 3 b-frames, too.

-- nullstuff

Jerry_Sm@rt
3rd July 2007, 13:59
@Atak_Snajpera
Maybe some psnr loss,but I really can not tell the differences between a fast 1st pass encoded movie and a normal 1st pass encoded movie(same bitrate).If I got a faster cpu, I would not care about it.
What's your psp version?3.5?I'm still running 2.71se

Atak_Snajpera
3rd July 2007, 14:10
At the moment my PSP version is still 3.50 but in few days when my Lumines game arrives I will switch to 3.40 OE-A :)

~bT~
3rd July 2007, 16:25
Are you sure You didn't install FFdshow? RipBot264 does simple check in registry every time at the beginning. If key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\ffdshow] wasn't found you wouldn't be able to encode anything.

Yes, I don't have FFdshow installed. But I did have it previously..

EDIT: Those keys are still there. :)

http://maxupload.com/img/ED515D1C.jpg

Hyper_Thread
3rd July 2007, 20:15
Ripbot264 fail to open any supported format & display an error message : '25.0000' is not a valid floating point value. Even if try to open NTSC file ('29.9700' is not.... in this case)
Avisynth v2.57, HaliMediaSpliter, FFdshow & .Net runtime v2.0 are installed properly (i'm using other GUIs with no problems)

RussianPsycho
3rd July 2007, 20:30
@Atak_Snajpera,

i get this error too:
http://maxupload.com/thumb/B36A1331.jpg (http://maxupload.com/img/B36A1331.jpg)

cu :D

Atak_Snajpera
3rd July 2007, 20:36
Problem with decimal symbol has been fixed in new version (v.1.0.1)

Hyper_Thread
4th July 2007, 01:21
1- Not all of us are using the MT version of Avisynth, so why do you put SetMode(2) to the script when Deinterlace is activated ?! with official version, your script fail.
2- Tdeint don't give the optimal result with mthreshL=0. In most cases, Tdeint( order=0 or 1, full=false) can produce a good picture (this is my personal opinion).
2- The PC Profile is very slow (i don't try the 2 others), can you add a "balanced" profile.

Keep the good work.

~bT~
4th July 2007, 01:32
^ MT is not added if you're not using an MT version of AviSynth.

well, that's my experience anyway.

cheers for the fixed version!

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2007, 02:20
Not all of us are using the MT version of Avisynth, so why do you put SetMode(2) to the script when Deinterlace is activated ?! with official version, your script fail

MT version will be used ONLY if available! So If you don't have MT AviSynth SetMode(2) will not be added.

Tdeint don't give the optimal result with mthreshL=0. In most cases, Tdeint( order=0 or 1, full=false) can produce a good picture (this is my personal opinion)

NO! You are wrong! Tdeint without mthreshL=0 produces ugly artifacts! BTW I made many tests with default settings and with mthreshL=0 and I did not see any difference between screenshots.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127423
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1003599#post1003599

The PC Profile is very slow (i don't try the 2 others), can you add a "balanced" profile.

Why don't you use PS3 profile? (It uses 3 ref frames instead of 5 ). If it's still to slow use PSP profile (only 2 refs)

Jacquers
4th July 2007, 08:39
Thanks for the app! Downloading the update now to go and test it after work.

Just a suggestion for future updates: Maybe make only the changed files / exe available for users that have already downloaded v1.0.0 ?

~bT~
4th July 2007, 09:58
^ on the next version, would it be poss to select a destination for temp files instead of using c:\temp?

or just make sure the prog doesn't delete the temp folder?

jethro
4th July 2007, 10:18
This is one of the prettiest apps I've ever seen! Amazing interface look.:cool:
And it just worked w/o problems first time I tried it.

Firrst off I think it really needs user-customizable profiles. I think everyone here has some favourite switches and would like to tweak an option or two...

However, I like your simple design and minimalistic look very much and would hate to see it bloated and cluttered in any way. It would be great if you could keep this simple elegant feel while adding new options.

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2007, 15:54
Firrst off I think it really needs user-customizable profiles. I think everyone here has some favourite switches and would like to tweak an option or two...

Custom profiles will be added in v1.1.0.

However, I like your simple design and minimalistic look very much and would hate to see it bloated and cluttered in any way. It would be great if you could keep this simple elegant feel while adding new options.

Simple design will be always kept. That's my goal :)

Hyper_Thread
4th July 2007, 18:37
Please don't say i'm wrong since i've said "this is my personal opinion". & i don't have to use a restricted level profile, i'm just proposing to offer much more choice for users.

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2007, 19:08
OK! I respect your opinion. Custom profiles are under construction. It will take probably few days to implement and testing.

Jerry_Sm@rt
5th July 2007, 05:24
Would you please add faster first pass surport in custom profiles?

Atak_Snajpera
5th July 2007, 06:46
Yes I will add faster first pass as well

asdfsauce
5th July 2007, 18:34
Excellent program Atak.

Just a couple questions; Will the current mp4 muxer do ipod video? And also, is there any chance you are planning on adding some kind of batch encode option to the program in the near future?

Hyper_Thread
6th July 2007, 00:17
iPod videos needs a different encoding profile, MP4 muxer is the same for all devices.
RipBot264 is based on batch encode, look at the main window.

@Atak_Snajpera

i found "MT.dll" accidentally copied to my avisynth' plugins folder, so sorry for my displaced question about "SetMTMode".

asdfsauce
6th July 2007, 01:44
I meant like, applying settings to a bunch of files at once instead of doing them one by one and then adding them to the queue. And IIRC from the megui wiki, you need a special mp4box build for ipod video. Not such a big deal anymore since I noticed theres a tools directory where you can replace mp4box with the build of your choosing.

Atak_Snajpera
6th July 2007, 02:33
I think I will be able to implement your request after v1.1.0. At the moment I don't have time for that. Custom profiles are more important. Nevertheless your suggestion is very good because I do many encodes for PSP mainly TV-Shows like Conan o'Brein and I know how annoying it can be when you do the same steps maaaaany times.

raven369
6th July 2007, 23:01
Will you be implementing/supporting the .pmp (avc) format for the PSP on Ripbot264?

Atak_Snajpera
6th July 2007, 23:19
Will you be implementing/supporting the .pmp (avc) format for the PSP on Ripbot264?

Exotic pmp format will never be supported. Since Sony unlocked full resoluton I see no reason to not use widely recognized mp4 format.

Atak_Snajpera
10th July 2007, 01:36
Very important bug has been fixed in v1.1.1!!! :eek: Description as always in my first post.

asdfsauce
10th July 2007, 04:54
Keep up the good work Atak, these are some nice changes. Only version 1.1.1 and it's already my favorite video encoding GUI.

Only suggestion I would make with regard to the x264 profiles would be to add an option to view/edit the command line arguements.

Oh and, if it's not too much trouble, a way to add your own resolution presets in the AVS editor.

Thanks.

Barough
12th July 2007, 13:01
This looks like a nice and easy GUI. I'll have a look @ it. Thnx :)

Lemonadez
28th July 2007, 12:36
How do we access "Codec Settings"

Can you also add a 32kbps sounds?

Atak_Snajpera
28th July 2007, 21:44
Can you also add a 32kbps sounds?
No because 32kbps is not enough to provide good quality in stereo.

B. W.
29th July 2007, 04:53
Any chance of adding the 5.5G iPod profile?

Atak_Snajpera
30th July 2007, 00:17
"5.5G iPod profile" is more restricted than ordinary profile. In 5.5 you cannot use deblocking and also MacroBlocks cannot be analyzed. And what do you get instead? Resolution higher than iPod's display (640 on 320= senseless)

B. W.
30th July 2007, 00:30
"5.5G iPod profile" is more restricted than ordinary profile. In 5.5 you cannot use deblocking and also MacroBlocks cannot be analyzed. And what do you get instead? Resolution higher than iPod's display (640 on 320= senseless)
But the same file can play on the iPod, within QuickTime, and people who own Apple TVs. Not only that, but you can take advantage of the iPhone's higher resolution.

Atak_Snajpera
30th July 2007, 12:52
But the same file can play on the iPod, within QuickTime, and people who own Apple TVs.

But quality will be still terrible without deblocking (annoying blocks will kill your eyes:). Even 1.5Mbps (limit for iPOD) is not enough to achieve reasonable quality at 640x480 without advanced settings like Deblocking,CABAC,Trellis,many r-frames,b-frames and so on. iPOD is not PSP where you can activate almost all settings and enjoy high quality movies on high resolution display at 512kbps.

...but you can take advantage of the iPhone's higher resolution.

Quality will be alot better if you use iPhone's native resolution with regular profile.

weaver4
30th July 2007, 21:12
But it still will not be able to play on Apple TV or the iPod.

I agree the Apple TV profile is bad, but it will play on the Apple TV and no one if forcing them to use that profile.

Atak_Snajpera
31st July 2007, 00:56
Any chance of adding the 5.5G iPod profile?

Disable deblocking and remove P8x8 and B8x8 ,set AVC Level to 3.0. Probably you will need to download modified Nicmp4box.

Atak_Snajpera
5th August 2007, 18:28
New version (1.2.0) is available for download :)

Lemonadez
7th August 2007, 04:16
---------------------------
Ripbot264
Cannot open file "c:\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt". The system cannot find the file specified.
OK

Im always getting that problem?

-.-

~bT~
7th August 2007, 11:28
new version detects I have MT version of avisynth when in fact I don't.

Atak_Snajpera
7th August 2007, 20:45
@Lemonadez
Are You getting this error with all formats (avi,mkv,vob,ts)?

If you are getting this error don't close it. Open getinfo.avs file from "c:\RipBot264temp\job1" in Media Player Classic and check if info.txt is created in the same directory.

@bT
Please check if you have MT.dll file in "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins" directory and let me know

~bT~
8th August 2007, 13:05
^ yes I do but I dont have an MT version of Avisynth.

Atak_Snajpera
8th August 2007, 21:29
MT.dll is a part of multithreaded AviSynth. If file is present RipBot264 assumes you have MT version of AviSynth. Remove that file and everything will be fine.

InorganicMatter
10th August 2007, 23:40
This program was written in Delphi, and is therefore automatically awesome! :) Trying it out now...will see how it stacks up to AutoMKV. UI looks nice!

Unrealbr
11th August 2007, 00:11
Found it very interesting, will give it a try!

scilli
17th August 2007, 09:42
Great app, just a few suggestions. Maybe you could add support for avs and d2v as video input. That would make things a lot more simple for converting DVD's or for dealing with unsuported formats(like wmv or ogm) that could be handed as DirectShowSources.

Atak_Snajpera
17th August 2007, 12:54
Maybe you could add support for avs and d2v as video input

d2v is created automatically with MPEG-1,MPEG-2 (*.VOB...) by DGIndex. Converting WMV via DirectShowSource is very annoying due to problems with audio synchronization.

scilli
17th August 2007, 17:03
I didn't realize that d2v was already built in. I'll have to figure out something for wmv than.

deets
17th August 2007, 19:32
i really like this, very simple and clean :)

minimise to tray would be neat and d2v creation perhaps could be skipped if you have the d2v already?

and for scilli, just use megui for wmv and directshow, although you may get weird result as hinted at :)

B. W.
20th August 2007, 19:02
i really like this, very simple and clean :)

minimise to tray would be neat and d2v creation perhaps could be skipped if you have the d2v already?

and for scilli, just use megui for wmv and directshow, although you may get weird result as hinted at :)

Minimize to tray, along with an option to hide the command window. :)

Atak_Snajpera
20th August 2007, 21:30
Command window is already hidden in my personal v1.3.0 BETA. (Necessary informations are shown in GUI) Minimize to tray will be also added.

scilli
21st August 2007, 06:56
Ripbot264
Cannot open file "c:\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt". The system cannot find the file specified.
OK

Im always getting that problem?

-.-

I seem to be getting this error with certain avi files as well. As soon as I try to add them as video input I get this error, and no info.txt is generated.

Atak_Snajpera
21st August 2007, 07:00
If you are getting this error don't close it. Open getinfo.avs file from "c:\RipBot264temp\job1" in Media Player Classic and check if info.txt is created in the same directory.

Try this and let me know if MPC shows an error.

B. W.
22nd August 2007, 17:07
Command window is already hidden in my personal v1.3.0 BETA. (Necessary informations are shown in GUI) Minimize to tray will be also added.
Nice. RipBot has quickly become my favorite GUI. It's so easy to use compared to what I've dealt with.

If I ever end up with any funds left over in my PayPal account, I wouldn't mind donating if development continues at this pace.

scilli
23rd August 2007, 01:00
MPC show an error.
It tells me AviSource: Could not decompress frame 0.
Now the video in question is an avi encoded with divx4(if mediainfo is correct). I don't really see why it wouldn't be able to decompress as I'm able to view it in my media players with ffdshow acting as the decoder(....wait if Avisource is used ffdshow may not even come into play correct?). I'm gonna try changing some fourcc's and see what happens. Any thoughts?

Atak_Snajpera
23rd August 2007, 09:22
Could you send me a small part of your file? Use VirtualDub to cut it.

deets
23rd August 2007, 22:45
one extra thing, would it be possible to either be able to add to your avisynth or have a check box to add the PSP screen lighten tweak to avoid the blurring?

thats all i could ask for from the PSP perspective (For now anyway!)

Atak_Snajpera
24th August 2007, 01:05
I don't like that color fix. Picture is too bright,colors are changed and ghosting is still present...

BTW new version is available

deets
24th August 2007, 03:41
sure, then you wouldn't need to use it, but for those of us who would prefer it (or even just have the option), we currently cant using ripbot :(

i would use it on some material, like the movie hostel is just so dark on the psp screen and the ghosting is constant.

Ronin-7
24th August 2007, 10:53
Nice little app Atak_Snajpera very handy.

One thing though your PS3/Xbox360 profile isn't 100% compatible on the Xbox side of the fence you need to set AdaptDCT=0 for it to be fully compatible. It will read thumbnails, video length, anamorphic videos and be able to stream over network.

How disabling Adaptive DCT affects the PS3 I couldn't say but with the profile as it is the videos encoded will play on the Xbox 360 via local storage just minus the the things I listed above.

Atak_Snajpera
24th August 2007, 20:56
One thing though your PS3/Xbox360 profile isn't 100% compatible on the Xbox side of the fence you need to set AdaptDCT=0 for it to be fully compatible.

It must be a bug in firmware because according to official web site XBOX360 should support High Profile (adaptDCT).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/digitalmedia/videoplaybackfaq.htm

deets
24th August 2007, 21:55
if you could add a little tick box for those of us who are stupid enough to want to use the colour tweak to help with the awful ghosting, i would push this on my site as the number one tool for PSP encoding and put up a page on how to use it etc.

i know the colour tweak sucks, but the ghosting does as well and there are many who decide the trade off is sadly worth it on a lot of very dark material :)

i could also host the files etc.

Ronin-7
25th August 2007, 10:18
It must be a bug in firmware because according to official web site XBOX360 should support High Profile (adaptDCT).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/digitalmedia/videoplaybackfaq.htm

Yeah it's a bit weird not sure why they did that could be a bug or might have something to do with Zune software (which is just WMP11) and it's H.264 support as it's the official media server software.

Atak_Snajpera
25th August 2007, 20:50
How big files xbox360 is able to play? (i mean size) I'm asking because PS3 doesn't play mp4 larger than ~2GB.

Ronin-7
26th August 2007, 10:03
How big files xbox360 is able to play? (i mean size) I'm asking because PS3 doesn't play mp4 larger than ~2GB.

Xbox 360 plays files up to a size of 4GB.

Atak_Snajpera
27th August 2007, 15:40
and one more thing. Does xbox360 play mp4 with more than 3 ref frames?

scilli
27th August 2007, 20:15
if you could add a little tick box for those of us who are stupid enough to want to use the colour tweak to help with the awful ghosting, i would push this on my site as the number one tool for PSP encoding and put up a page on how to use it etc.

i know the colour tweak sucks, but the ghosting does as well and there are many who decide the trade off is sadly worth it on a lot of very dark material :)

i could also host the files etc.

You know that you can already edit the avisynth script from withing RipBot264 right? I've added the ghosting fix on a few really dark videos and it has worked fine.

deets
27th August 2007, 20:25
i dont know that no, how do i do that

YouDontKnowMe
28th August 2007, 20:09
well, could you anyhow let the GUI build the d2v after I've added it to the joblist and startet it? because adding 10 files take me over 35mins... or at least a way how I could add 10 files without set them one-by-one for ipod setting, automatical crop and resize to 352x288... is there a way for one of these? anyways a very great GUI you have here :P

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2007, 20:36
well, could you anyhow let the GUI build the d2v after I've added it to the joblist and startet it?
My answer is no! d2v file is used for decoding in preview. Then if file is indexed and audio is demuxed I can calculate values for filesize.

automatical crop and resize to 352x288...
Since when IPOD's resolution is higher than 320x240?

YouDontKnowMe
28th August 2007, 20:38
I have a PDA and it can play psp files and ipod files ^^ since ipod delivers nearly same quality but is far fastar I use ipod ^^

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2007, 20:42
Does IPOD support resolution other than native? Let's say 320x180 or 320x136?

YouDontKnowMe
28th August 2007, 21:34
I really dont know but it should be 320x176 because 180 is not mod16... but if you could add a feature to add more eps quicker would be great coz I sit over half an hour on my pc just for adding the eps thanks in advance... ^^

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2007, 22:15
Maybe in 1.5 but I do not guarantee anything

scilli
29th August 2007, 00:41
i dont know that no, how do i do that

After you add a video just click on the avisynth button. There are drop down options for deinterlacing and resizing on the left and a copy of your actual script on the right. It looks like it is greyed out but you can write your own lines into it.

Atak_Snajpera
1st September 2007, 14:49
New version is ready to download

One more thing... for compatibility reasons audio in preview is always downmixed to stereo.

Ichika
2nd September 2007, 01:18
Hey, I really like this program you've made, but I was wondering why you add a border of 2 pixels at the bottom when resizing to any of the PSP resolutions? Also, perhaps you could add a way to save or preserve your joblist until you want to manually remove them yourself? And some of my mpeg2 files (.mpg, .ts) aren't loading properly (Something about can't load it in -HIDE mode?), and some avi's as well but it's just the info.txt error that some others have been getting, though these avi's load fine on my friend's computer. And for the new version, the "-1.25" parameter in TextSub just makes my subs out of sync.

bmnot
2nd September 2007, 07:08
What's the best method (top, bottom field) to de-interlace 480i DVD vob's when converting them with ripbot? I don't know the difference.

Schrade
2nd September 2007, 08:21
What's the best method (top, bottom field) to de-interlace 480i DVD vob's when converting them with ripbot? I don't know the difference.

DVD video is generally Top Field First. DV video from camcorders is almost always Bottom Field First.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd September 2007, 13:15
@Ichika
Hey, I really like this program you've made, but I was wondering why you add a border of 2 pixels at the bottom when resizing to any of the PSP resolutions?

PSP always removes 2 bottom lines and then centers picture on the screen. Try to replace original Addborders with this AddBorders(0,0,0,2,255). You will see blue lines at the bottom but they are not visible on PSP.

And for the new version, the "-1.25" parameter in TextSub just makes my subs out of sync.

Try to change default 25 value to 23.976 or 29.97

and some avi's as well but it's just the info.txt error that some others have been getting, though these avi's load fine on my friend's computer

I know that issue from the begining. Sometimes Windows does not allow to write info.txt. Try to restart your PC and do not open RipBot264temp directory. Also make sure your path and filenames do not contain national characters like ą,ż,ź,ń, and so on

max24
5th September 2007, 11:37
Is the function to be read in planned files AVS and to Encoden. If I was glad about it! Nice program Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
12th September 2007, 21:54
v1.5.0 is now available

Good advice for people encoding TS files. I highly recommend to scan stream for errors before encoding. You can use Transport Stream Packet Editor (TSPE). If you want to demux audio use xport. BTW Annoying problem with missing file info.txt has been fixed finally :)

MarcioAB
12th September 2007, 23:05
Hello,

Version is 1.5.0

1) Is that possible to open an avisynth script (avs) ? (how).
2) Receiving "invalid point operation" when trying to open any video (mp4).

Thank you.

Atak_Snajpera
12th September 2007, 23:20
Stupid bug with decimal symbol. I will fix that in couple minutes.

Sorry but script cannot be opened by RipBot264. My app is designed to generate AVS script automatically. However you can copy necessary lines to Script editor.

deets
12th September 2007, 23:24
cool i noticed that as well :)

Atak_Snajpera
12th September 2007, 23:29
I forgot to check if new version is working with other decimal symbol than "." I assume you use ","

Fixed version will be available after midnight

The Scientist
13th September 2007, 01:49
I get this as soon as I run (on Vista x86) the program:

http://www.dvduk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ripbot.png

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2007, 06:43
I also use vista but I have never seen something like this :(

AMED
13th September 2007, 09:11
i got a this at startup as well, XP SP2
http://i9.tinypic.com/5xzw13l.png
After i click ok, ripbot seems to open fine but when i open a .VOB is get this.
http://i17.tinypic.com/2nulurl.png

is there any chance of getting support for nero aac encoder?

deets
13th September 2007, 14:02
is the fixed version up so i can add to the site :)

i didnt get any error on vista 64 except the floating point one

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2007, 20:36
I've just came from work...
Floating point has been fixed. Download v1.5.0 again. Sorry guys but I couldn't connect to forum.doom9.org yesterday night so I wasn't able to post anything. Let me know if you still have that strange error.

is there any chance of getting support for nero aac encoder?
I doubt you will hear difference between CT and nero. Some people even claim that CT gives better quality in HE than nero.

The Scientist
13th September 2007, 22:19
Same error here.

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2007, 22:31
try with this
http://www.mediafire.com/?ajfo5tdeym2

The Scientist
13th September 2007, 22:42
try with this
http://www.mediafire.com/?ajfo5tdeym2Still no good.

The program *does* run after this error.

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2007, 22:53
This error appears only if you use limited account (Guest or Standard User for example). Try with administrator account or set compatibility to XP SP2

deets
13th September 2007, 23:14
yeah i still get the floating point error with the new version and just the exe download using vista 64

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2007, 23:17
Could you make a screenshot? I really don't know what to say? Yesterday I made few encodings for PSP with "." and "," set in windows (Regional and Languages Options) and everything was ok!

deets
14th September 2007, 00:04
http://www.bontragerphotography.com/rip.png

the error screen?

The Scientist
14th September 2007, 00:11
This error appears only if you use limited accountIncorrect. I only use admin accounts. Also tried using XP SP2 compatibility and right-click run as admin.

Atak_Snajpera
14th September 2007, 00:31
If I created Guest or Standard User account I indeed got the same error. But If I switched to admin or set XP SP2 compatibility error did not show. Run as admin does not work in my case either. BTW Do you use UAC?

deets
when you get that error try to open info.txt from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt

I need to know exactly what values are inside that file. (first is framecount ,below should be framerate...)

The Scientist
14th September 2007, 00:33
Are you accessing the registry during the form load?

deets
14th September 2007, 00:40
i have 189789;23.976044

:)

Atak_Snajpera
14th September 2007, 00:46
deets
It should be

not 189789;23.976044 in single line ?!?!?!?!

What do you see in getinfo.avs?

Are you accessing the registry during the form load?

Yes. I check if AviSynth,FFDshow,Haali are installed by finding keys.

The Scientist
14th September 2007, 00:55
Blank out all the registry stuff in the form load as a test, I'll try it, at least it will narrow the problem down.

deets
14th September 2007, 00:58
ok. well i have 2 machines, one with vista 64 and that works fine with 1.5.0

this laptop, which is XP, is the one that gives the floating point error though... using the same file to test, so its something about XP?

how can i get you that info from XP?

edit, nice clean post :p

ok i found the file on XP and its only MKV that give me the floating point error, the info.txt has this:

from 2 mkv files

avi and mpg work fine on xp, all work fine on vista

Atak_Snajpera
14th September 2007, 01:11
The Scientist
I think I found solution :)
I had function CheckRequiredSoftware() in OnCreate event. If function is moved to OnShow event error does not show :)

deets
The easiest way is to search for info.txt

deets
14th September 2007, 01:20

from 2 mkv files

avi and mpg work fine on xp, all work fine on vista

Atak_Snajpera
14th September 2007, 01:22
There is something wrong. Those zeros mean that audio wasn't detected by avisynth/decoder. (third row shows frequency, fourth is audio channels and the last one is length) Show me your getinfo.avs file.

see you tommorow....time to bed...ZzZZzzZzZzzzzz....

deets
14th September 2007, 02:19
DirectShowSource("C:\downloads\sample.mkv")
WriteFile("C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
Trim(0,-1)

ok its sorted, if i stop ffdshow handling AC3 using liba52 then all works as it should and i get this in my info.txt

I have no clue if this was causing the other issues for people with the same problem...

thanks, would have not worked it out had it not been you pointing out the three zeros were the sound :)

weaver4
15th September 2007, 17:58
Love your tool.

Could you make a Apple TV profile?

Thanks,

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2007, 01:16
AppleTV profile (Right click and select Save link as)
http://yamf.republika.pl/RipBot264/[ level 3.0 ] AppleTV.ini

Let me know if It's working or not.

mrpijey
17th September 2007, 07:36
Has anyone any idea how to make any of the resulting files to play in Quicktime? I even used the iPod profile, but no matter what profile I use i get an error in Quicktime when trying to playback the file:

"Error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie"

weaver4
17th September 2007, 20:46
One other small suggestion.

After I set a profile, I set autocrop, then I want to set the width. I either want 320 for an ipod or 640 for my computer; but I never know the height.

On avi.net you just set the width and the height is calculated for you automatically. Can you do the same thing? The author of avi.net (the Scientist) is on this thread, maybe he can tell you how he did it.

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2007, 21:02
On avi.net you just set the width and the height is calculated for you automatically. Can you do the same thing?

Peace of cake :) The main problem is that I don't have enough spare time in this week. I barely have one day off on thursday :(.
BTW You didn't answer my question about AppleTV profile.

mrpijey
I think it's time to start use real software. Quicktime is a peace of ...

mrpijey
18th September 2007, 00:10

Of course, I rather use MPC or VLC :) But I wanted something that would work with iTunes on my PC and on my Mac =) All tests I have done with megui, ripbot264 and other apps has been crappy at best. It's been either messed up brightness, too low quality or a file format that can't be played on anything except Windows... And from what I have seen, a Quicktime compliant file seems to be the only common denominator on PC, Mac and iPhone/iPod Touch. Since I want to be able to use all these devices to playback the movie with GOOD quality, without getting too large files (1.5GB for a regular movie).

But if you guys got any good recommendations for me then please teach me :) What I want to be able to do with the movie is preferrably:

- Playback on Mac (using iTunes and Frontrow)
- Playback on PC (using Media Center and/or iTunes)
- Playback on iPod Touch

Getting stuff to work on Media Center is the easiest part, since Windows is so forgiving with it's options to accept codecs. Quicktime won't even do divx/xvid, and that's the only option for a decent media center front end on the Mac (Frontrow, which uses iTunes, which uses Quicktime).

The alternative is to keep all DVD:s in their original format (4,7-9.4GB MPEG2), and that's a whole waste of space when there are much better codecs out there... and this still would make the Mac a very useless moviebox :)

So if you got any ideas...

weaver4
18th September 2007, 02:39
Peace of cake :) The main problem is that I don't have enough spare time in this week. I barely have one day off on thursday :(.
BTW You didn't answer my question about AppleTV profile.

mrpijey

Thanks, I will try the AppleTV profile tomorrow (moving my computer today). Won't have my Apple TV till this weekend though.

weaver4
20th September 2007, 01:56
AppleTV profile (Right click and select Save link as)
http://yamf.republika.pl/RipBot264/[ level 3.0 ] AppleTV.ini

Let me know if It's working or not.

I went to get this link tonight and it was not there. Did it get moved?

Atak_Snajpera
20th September 2007, 11:26
My account has been locked :(
http://www.mediafire.com/?bfbb4zz0ynm

edzieba
22nd September 2007, 00:33
Getting stuff to work on Media Center is the easiest part, since Windows is so forgiving with it's options to accept codecs. Quicktime won't even do divx/xvid, and that's the only option for a decent media center front end on the Mac (Frontrow, which uses iTunes, which uses Quicktime).

First, install Perian (http://perian.org/), then use quicktime to make a shortcut to the video you want to use in itunes (if itunes can't already open it), then import the shortcut. This droplet (http://dettmer.maclab.org/movie2itunes.html) will make the process of creating the shortcuts easier.

NOTE: itunes can import and play all sorts of videos (avi, mkv with softsubs, and probably wmv and ogm too) in this way, but they won't necessarily play on your ipod.

Crucio
25th September 2007, 09:04
take a look. :-/

http://pics.buddypic.com/files/l/44072.jpg

ive tried it with pretty much every setting and i keep getting that same error :(

Atak_Snajpera
25th September 2007, 11:20
Do not close RipBot. Try to find following files:

job1_EncodeAudio.cmd
job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd
job1_EncodeVideoPass2.cmd
job1_MuxFiles.cmd

Then execute those files manually. (in the same order!)

Crucio
25th September 2007, 19:29
where are those files at?

i cant find them anywhere, are they inside the x264 cmd? or are they actually their own programs inside your folders

deets
25th September 2007, 19:37
in xp they will be in\

x:\Documents and Settings\<computer name>\Local Settings\Temp\RipBot264temp

you will need tick show hidden files and folders in tools-folder options - view

Crucio
26th September 2007, 08:25
wait no i take it back, it looks like clicking the different files are working well

why is it necessary though? Anyone else with this problem?

and what kinds of fps are people getting? right now ive got 33fps second pass with a dual xeon 2.8 system built in 2003 (old)

Edit:

im an idiot, its messing up because my drive is named J: instead of C. I need to change something in the script or soemthing so it doesnt assume the programs are on c

Atak_Snajpera
26th September 2007, 12:41
Crucio download new version

kikker
27th September 2007, 21:34
Nice app that I'd like to get to work! First, when I attempt to auto-crop, the app complains it can't find the autocrop.log. I look in the temp folder, and it does not exist.

Secondly, when I start the project, it looks as if the audio encodes properly, but the video doesn't encode at all, and no video is saved anywhere. I've tried to run both as a user and an admin.

I'm trying to convert a short 3min. MKV file to an ipod-compatible MP4 file. I've also tried both constant quality and bitrate. Same thing. Only audio actively encodes, but nothing for the video.

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2007, 22:26
I've found ugly bug in my latest version. I need about an hour to fix this.

The1n
27th September 2007, 22:33
@Atak , i just tried to encode an dvd to ps3 profile, the encoded file plays on my ps3 but the aspect ratio seems to be wrong, the orginal dvd is anamorphic 1,78:1 is there somewhere i can change so this comes out right ?

The video comes out all squezzed like the video is 4:3 aspect.

Thx for a great tool.

The1n

The1n
27th September 2007, 22:37
I found out how, it's the resize i had wrong, once i put it to sd the picture is great.

The1n

Atak_Snajpera
28th September 2007, 00:56
fixed version is now available

kikker
28th September 2007, 03:05
I really don't understand why this program doesn't work at all for me. First, auto-crop doesn't generate the log, so the app complains it can't find the log. Secondly, no video is encoded at all - only the audio encodes. And, no final product shows up.

Is there a log of some sort I can send to troubleshoot?

In the "job1" folder there are 4 *.cmd files, 3 *.avs files, 1 *.ini file, and info.txt file. In the Ripbot264temp folder, there are no files. According to the .cmd files, there should be a video file and an audio file to be muxed, correct?

Atak_Snajpera
28th September 2007, 12:20
Let's see why video is not encoded.
Open job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd in notepad and add one line below command
pause

example
"C:\Users\Dawidos\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\tools\x264\[RipBot264]x264.exe" ...
pause

save this file and then execute job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd manually. If you get any error make a screenshot.

kikker
28th September 2007, 15:29
OK, here is the result from pass 1. As you can see, there are 2 errors - not sure what the first means, but the second claims it cannot open the job1.avs when it's in the same folder.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1732/ripbotyt6.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ripbotyt6.jpg)

Here is the File Info when the job1.avs is loaded into VirtualDubMod. But, in order to do that, I had to remove the "framecount= " from the directshowsource line in the avs file, otherwise the avs file wouldn't load in VDM.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9616/aviinfody4.th.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aviinfody4.jpg)

I thought that perhaps the original video was not in YV12, but apparently it is. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: OK, I determined what the main problem is: Everything works fine if I edit the job1.avs file by removing the framecount in the directshowsource line just before I start the encode. Why would my version not like to see the framecount in there?

I've tried several other video samples, and the autocrop fails to generate a log, and Ripbot continues to complain it can't find one. Does this only work with mpeg2 files input, or should autocrop work with any file? I also wonder if it has to do with the framecount issue above as well.

Atak_Snajpera
28th September 2007, 16:44
I also wonder if it has to do with the framecount issue above as well.
Yes! Framecount is also added in script for autocrop. Autocrop works with any file if video can be decoded. Did you try with Avi? Try to remove all codecs and then install FFDshow + Haali Media Splitter. Do not install Xvid!

kikker
28th September 2007, 17:02
Well, the info for the trailer I've uploaded is in the jpg of my previous post. It's 24 fps.

I have both MKV and MP4 samples, and in each case, the framecount appears in the directshowsource line of the avs file. Ripbot simply doesn't work with that in there, and I must remove it before each encode. Here's a sample Matrix mkv trailer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3x35eow33nn

I wonder if there is a version conflict in the chain of apps? I have avisynth 2.5.7.

Atak_Snajpera
28th September 2007, 17:17
Your sample has been encoded in Xvid so I suggest to remove Xvid codec and use ffdshow instead!
I use FFDshow and everything is working...

kikker
28th September 2007, 17:37
OK, thanks for the reply.

The vid I uploaded wasn't encoded by me. Can you tell me why it would matter which encoder was used anyway? If there is a DS filter to decode the input, and the avs can be read and played by any player, then why would it matter?

The only problem here is the framecount thing in the avs file. The problem is NOT that the number is inaccurate, because the number reported is exactly what is reported by VDM. The problem is simply that it's there, and when I remove the "framecount= ", it works fine. I guess the whole autocrop is related to that too?

All the other vids I've tried result in the same problem (autocrop and framecount).

I have used MeGUI, Staxrip, AutoMKV with no problems, so I'm hoping your svelte app can work for me too. :)

Atak_Snajpera
28th September 2007, 17:42
I assume your problem is gone once you removed xvid?

If there is a DS filter to decode the input, and the avs can be read and played by any player, then why would it matter?
Probably Xvid decoder is more bugy than FFDshow :)

deets
28th September 2007, 17:42
all that matters is how its decoded and what decoder is used.

I also had no issues converting the file using ffdshow :)

kikker
28th September 2007, 17:58
I assume your problem is gone once you removed xvid?

Probably Xvid decoder is more bugy than FFDshow :)

?? Ffdshow has the highest priority over any other decoder. Graphedit and CCCP tool show that all vids are decoded with ffdshow. Nothing changed after removing xvid, as I expected.

kikker
28th September 2007, 18:01
all that matters is how its decoded and what decoder is used.

I also had no issues converting the file using ffdshow :)

Right. We're both using ffdshow. But, you have no problems with that "framecount= " in the avs, and I do. I have no idea why that is, but it should be relatively simple to fix. And, hopefully, that would also sure the autocrop problem I have as well.

Try this on for size. If you have VirtualDubMod, try playing the job1.avs file created by Ripbot. VDM won't play the file either with the "framecount= " thing in there and tells me to remove it. After removing, the avs file plays just fine.

Atak_Snajpera
28th September 2007, 18:07
VirtualDubMod opens avs with framecount without problems :)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9673/new1dg4.th.png (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1dg4.png)

Make sure you use libavcodec!

kikker
28th September 2007, 18:29
Well, that's bizarre. I'm using the libavcodec too. Here's my error in VDM.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9275/avsnt5.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avsnt5.jpg)

This happens for all the job1.avs files no matter what the input.

kikker
28th September 2007, 18:52
OK, I figured it out. I had version 2.5.6 of the directshowsource.dll in my avisynth plugins folder. Apparently, framecount= was not written into the code until version 2.5.7. So, now all is fine. Thanks!

Request for Lancos resize?

kikker
28th September 2007, 19:43
Here is something else I've found. Everything in Ripbot works on Vista when using a limited user account except MP4box. This is not an issue on XP computers - only Vista as a non-admin.

The reason is quite simple, and I found it in this post. If you run the mp4box (or ripbot) as a user in Vista, mp4box will lose/delete your entire video (*.264) encode and not mux it.

There are 2 fixes. Either you can run as an admin, or the author of ripbot can add a -tmp parameter to the mp4box to specifiy a directory that the user has write access to. Apparently, in Vista, that temp directory is by default at the root of the drive, and this is why mp4box does not work on Vista as a limited user.

See this post for reference:

http://www.redkawa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7204&postcount=8

Atak_Snajpera
28th September 2007, 21:24
Request for Lancos resize?
why?......

darkedgex
29th September 2007, 01:36
Couple of observations/suggestions:

For some reason, RipBot264 will close all console windows if you abort an encode (even console windows opened outside of RipBot264). This is kind of annoying, because I usually keep 3-4 consoles open at a time. :P
Audio with a 24-bit sample size isn't supported (at least by the encoder). I modified the AVS audio script to change the sample size to 16-bit and that worked fine. =) But if it's possible to detect this and modify the automatically generated script accordingly, that'd be good.
For failed encodes (like the case above where 24-bit audio caused the audio encode step to fail) please keep the encoded video file instead of deleting it. I don't like losing a couple of hours of work if I can help it. :P
For what its worth, I've been using 1.5.1, so maybe these things are fixed/addressed in the newer version, but I thought I'd mention them. At any rate, cool tool, like that its written in Delphi too. =)

Miryan
30th September 2007, 22:01
I still got the "Cannot open file ...\info.txt. The system cannot find the file specified." error window, on various source files. mpg, avi, m2ts, I cant seem to find out why.

Atak_Snajpera
1st October 2007, 20:48
Open getinfo.avs in MPC and then let me know if info.txt is created

Miryan
2nd October 2007, 10:47
No, and it shows an error: http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=getinfoya5.jpg

deets
2nd October 2007, 15:15
is ffdshow set to decode AC3 using liba52? if not try that?

Miryan
2nd October 2007, 16:40
Yes, ffdshow is set to decode AC3 using liba52. I can play the .ac3 file itself, no problems there.

mrpijey
2nd October 2007, 20:19
I am sorry to dive right in a middle of a discussion, but I am a bit stuck with a problem:

No matter what DVD source i try to encode (I decoded the source with DVD Decrypter) all audio options I get with any profile is a 2.0 profile. 2.0 OGG Vorbis 64kbit-128kbit and 2.0 CT AAC 64kbit-128kbit. No 5.1 or any other (except for direct stream copy). It works on my other computer, but not on my laptop. I use the newest Ripbot264 (1.6.3) along with the ffdshow from sourceforge. Is it perhaps some issue with Vista? I can't get a grip on the problem...

morphx2
2nd October 2007, 22:07
How does it do 360 if it doesnt output wmv...unless I missed it somewhere

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2007, 22:22
Read this!

deets
2nd October 2007, 22:22
How does it do 360 if it doesnt output wmv...unless I missed it somewhere

the 360 can handle mp4 as well :)

no 5.1 though, only 2 channel....

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2007, 22:37
I get with any profile is a 2.0 profile. 2.0 OGG Vorbis 64kbit-128kbit and 2.0 CT AAC 64kbit-128kbit. No 5.1 or any other (except for direct stream copy).

I suppose you have selected 2 channels in FFDShow audio mixer...

In v1.6.4 NicAudio is used in getinfo.avs instead of DirectShowSource so everything should be fine now.

Miryan
3rd October 2007, 09:41
Atak_Snajpera, thanks! With the newest version (1.6.4) it works just fine!

Miryan
3rd October 2007, 11:25
I found an another bug. I tried to encode an m2ts file, called 'Logo.m2ts'. The output was a little strange, because it automatically renamed it 'ogo..mkv'. But thats not the problem.

The problem is that when the audio/video decoding ends, the muxing part doesnt do a thing. It says everything fine, but there isn't any .mkv at the end.

I dont know if it helps, but I uploaded the logo.m2ts file zipped, it is 23 mb, a simple logo ripped from a bluray source with 1 audio and 1 video stream.
http://rapidshare.com/files/59949596/Logo.zip.html

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2007, 21:17
There is something wrong with audio. AC3 has HUGE delay and It cannot be decoded by FFDShow?!?! When NicAC3Source is used I don't hear anything during preview plus conversion takes to much time. However m2ts plays fine in MPC and audio is also correctly decoded. It must be a bug in DGIndex. I will inform neuron about that.

rahzel
3rd October 2007, 22:00
just wanted to stop by and say thanks. i've tried many PS3 encoders and so far, i'm liking your tool Atak_Snajpera (mind you i've only tried 1 video so far). i've tried PS3 video 9 by redkawa, SUPER, PS3 video converter and i was either not impressed with the quality of these or they lacked options. i've been using meGUI with a PS3 profile and it has never let me down. i'm satisfied with both the quality and options in your tool and its very simple to use. from the looks of it, it uses both cores on my dual core CPU too... am i correct in my assumption?

repdetect2
3rd October 2007, 22:36
I used the tool for a few other files and loved it. Is there a chance we get iphone or ipod touch support?

morphx2
4th October 2007, 02:08
I cant get my cartoon on DVD to look good in mp4

Any ideas?

deets
4th October 2007, 02:45
what profile and bit rate etc?

morphx2
4th October 2007, 04:46
I will try any. suggestions? I want dvd-r size

deets
4th October 2007, 05:15
it depends, ou say mp4 is that for xbox or ps3 or similar? then your stuck for the profile for that.

if its general PC playback use [level 5.1] HQ default

in the bottom right you can tick lock size and im thinking 4480 is dvd-r size, this will then automatically set the bitrate for you.

should be able to get extremely good quality from a DVD to 264 using 4gb, assuming its not weirdly long or anything.

resize to SD of course. let us know if you have any luck.

Miryan
4th October 2007, 10:16
There is something wrong with audio. AC3 has HUGE delay and It cannot be decoded by FFDShow?!?! When NicAC3Source is used I don't hear anything during preview plus conversion takes to much time. However m2ts plays fine in MPC and audio is also correctly decoded. It must be a bug in DGIndex. I will inform neuron about that.

I see. Thanks!

hristoff2
4th October 2007, 15:29
1stpass

x264.exe --pass 1 --bitrate xxxx --stats ".stats" --bframes 4 --b-pyramid --direct auto --deblock -3,-3 --subme 1 --analyse none --me dia --threads 3 --thread-input --zones x,y,b=0.07 --cqmfile "prestige_grain.cfg" --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL "encode.avs"

2ndpass

x264.exe --pass 2 --bitrate xxxx --stats ".stats" --ref 7 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 4 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --deblock -3,-3 --subme 7 --trellis 2 --aq-strength 0.5 --aq-sensitivity 14 --analyse all --8x8dct --me umh --threads 3 --thread-input --zones x,y,b=0.07 --cqmfile "prestige_grain.cfg" --progress --no-dct-decimate --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "output.mkv" "encode.avs"

This is pretty much the commandline most of my encodes are based on (some adjustments done if needed), I just don't know how to make a proper profile for ripbot as it's using synonymes for x264 settings :confused:

Atak_Snajpera
4th October 2007, 17:53
Why do you use --ref 7 , --subme 7 --trellis 2? Waste of time. You will get better results if you remove --cqm and lower AQ sensitivity value to 5. I doubt you will see difference between my HQ profile and your settings.

Atak_Snajpera
4th October 2007, 19:15
Miryan your problem with M2ts file has been solved :) Thanks to neuron2 (DGindex author)

Miryan
4th October 2007, 22:01
Atak_Snajpera, thanks a lot! :)

vassie
9th October 2007, 21:34
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I use the iPod profile, when I try to drag the file onto my iPod via iTunes, it says it cannot be copied, because it cannot be played back on this iPod, fyi I have an 80gb video iPod
Ben

Atak_Snajpera
9th October 2007, 23:41
Did you install latest iTunes?

vassie
10th October 2007, 00:28
Did you install latest iTunes?

Yes, 7.4.3.1

Ben

Atak_Snajpera
10th October 2007, 10:54
Video Resolution?

vassie
10th October 2007, 17:36
Video Resolution?

320x180

Atak_Snajpera
10th October 2007, 19:37
try this instead of iTunes
http://www.floola.com/modules/wiwimod/

vassie
11th October 2007, 12:37
try this instead of iTunes
http://www.floola.com/modules/wiwimod/

Sorry, didn't get a chance to try that last night, I'll give it a go tonight

Miryan
11th October 2007, 16:14
Atak_Snajpera, Ripbot now using NicAC3Source, but is checking for ffdshow at the start.

Atak_Snajpera
11th October 2007, 21:03
FFDshow is used for video and audio decoding therefore is required! If audio is demuxed Nic will be used instead. If not FFDshow is used.

Miryan
12th October 2007, 11:01
I see! Thank you.

persim
13th October 2007, 23:19
I just started getting this error when I try to load a video file:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3241/errorsd2.th.png (http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorsd2.png)

I used to be able to open files and use the program. Not sure what I did to cause this, any help would be appreciated. Trying to convert .TS files to .MKV

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2007, 01:07
If you can send me a sample of your TS file

persim
14th October 2007, 01:34
Here is a link to a 30 s clip from the 1 hour tv show I have been trying to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0mo4nmpcmv

darkedgex
14th October 2007, 04:09
Thanks for fixing the console window closing issue, now a couple more observations/requests. =)

The "Normalize" option seems to turn itself back on when you change certain settings. Also, even with normalizing off, when I first start a conversion, it says "Normalizing" in the status area briefly. When using the PSP profile, it would be nice if resizing was automatically set to 480x272. I'm not certain on this, but doesn't the PSP support 720x480 video? I know the actual screen is limited to 480x272, but when using the TV out it would be nice to have the higher resolution. Maybe add this to the list of resizing options? A method for boosting the loudness of audio by a specific decibel amount would be cool. Normalizing doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped on DVD conversions (still seems too quiet via the PSP speakers; headphones sound better though). A way to pause encoding would be nice.
Thanks for your help. =)

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2007, 12:28
Your sample is working on my PC
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/7011/new1ur7.th.png (http://img463.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1ur7.png)

Try this
If you are getting this error don't close it. Open getinfo.avs file in Media Player Classic and check if info.txt is created in the same directory.

persim
14th October 2007, 16:49
I do not seem to have the getinfo.avs file anywhere on my computer. I left the error untouched and checked to see if the job1 folder was in the ripbot folder like you stated in a previous post and nothing was there. Did a search for the file on my hard drive and got no results. Should it be creating a job1 folder with this file when I try to open the file?

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2007, 17:58
All temporary files are saved in system temp directory

in xp they will be in\

x:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\RipBot264temp

you will need tick show hidden files and folders in tools-folder options - view

persim
14th October 2007, 18:24
Sorry didn't search all the hidden directories. The file opens in media player classic and says:

DirectShowSource: I can't determine the frame rate of the video, you must use the "fps" parameter.

then lists the path \getinfo.avs, line 1

No info.txt file is created in the directory

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2007, 18:54
Video cannot be decoded therefore you don't see info.txt. Make sure you have latest Haali Media Spliter , AviSynth and FFDShow.

Bigmango
14th October 2007, 19:39
Ahhh ! Very nice tool ! Finally a clean gui without all the unnecessary bullshit.

Could you please add the following features:

1. Nero aac audio (megui & automkv support it), with all the profiles (I need ABR), escecially the "auto" profile which lets nero chose the best compression (LC,HE) for a given bitrate

2. I see you already use bepipe. This will allow 2 pass abr AAC encoding with nero (needed for low bitrates).

To do 2 pass encoding, nero needs a wave file as imput. So with bepipe you can save a temporary wave file, and then encode it with nero in 2 passes abr.

This small nero gui already does this, source is available:
http://www.imcold.evilhosting.org/progs/sng/

3. Modify the source selection gui part to behave like nero recode. This way, you can chose to fit the output to a specified size (i.ex DVD5) and then when you add files, their bitrate will automatically be adjusted to match the media.

If you could add these 3 features, Ripbot would be the ultimate gui for me.

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2007, 20:24
1. Nero aac audio (megui & automkv support it), with all the profiles (I need ABR), escecially the "auto" profile which lets nero chose the best compression (LC,HE) for a given bitrate

Both encoders provide almost the same quality. Some people even claim that HE is better in CT than in Nero. So called "Auto" is already available in RipBot264 :) 64 kbps is always encoded in HE. Everything above is encoded in LC. Nero "Auto" works exactly in the same way. Besides I'm not allowed to distribute Nero encoder along with my app.

Modify the source selection gui part to behave like nero recode. This way, you can chose to fit the output to a specified size (i.ex DVD5) and then when you add files, their bitrate will automatically be adjusted to match the media.

If you select "Lock Size" video bitrate will be adjusted according to output size and audio bitrate/size.

Bigmango
14th October 2007, 21:02
Both encoders provide almost the same quality. Some people even claim that HE is better in CT than in Nero. So called "Auto" is already available in RipBot264 :) 64 kbps is always encoded in HE. Everything above is encoded in LC. Nero "Auto" works exactly in the same way.

The problem is that, according to ripbot, ct only does CBR. ABR is better (especially for movies as there are periods in a movie where there is no or less sound) and nero does ABR.

And what about 2 pass aac encoding (nero is the only encoder currently doing this)? Is this something you might add ?

Besides I'm not allowed to distribute Nero encoder along with my app.

No problem, we can copy the file to ripbot's directory.

If you select "Lock Size" video bitrate will be adjusted according to output size and audio bitrate/size.

Yes, I know. But this is only for one file.

A system like nero recode allows to lock the size like you do, but then you can add more than 1 source file and all of the files' bitrates will be adjusted automatically (the total available bitrate is divided by the files, but you can also adjust it manually for each file within the available max bitrate).

Of course we can do all of the calculations manually and then add each file into the queue with that calculated bitrate.... but the purpose of a gui is to make things easier, isn't it ? ;)

Atak_Snajpera
15th October 2007, 00:48
Of course we can do all of the calculations manually and then add each file into the queue with that calculated bitrate.... but the purpose of a gui is to make things easier, isn't it ?

Let's say we have 10 episodes. Each episode will require 448 MB to fit on DVD. Is that so hard to click "Lock Size" and then enter calculated value ?

And what about 2 pass aac encoding (nero is the only encoder currently doing this)? Is this something you might add ?

2-pass for audio is simply waste of time (decoding to 6ch wav plus 2-passes for encoding). Besides Quality Mode in Nero gives better results than 2-pass.

Last word. I'm very happy with CT-AAC quality and I am not going to replace it. Sorry.

Bigmango
15th October 2007, 01:27
Let's say we have 10 episodes. Each episode will require 448 MB to fit on DVD. Is that so hard to click "Lock Size" and then enter calculated value ?

You forget the movies' length. One episode can be 50 minutes, another can be 25 minutes, another 1h30, another 35 minutes...

Giving to each the same size is the wrong way to go about it. What you need to do is give them the same bitrate.

2-pass for audio is simply waste of time (decoding to 6ch wav plus 2-passes for encoding). Besides Quality Mode in Nero gives better results than 2-pass.

Saving to wave takes 30 seconds. 1 pass encoding takes 1 minute, so 2 passes will take 2 minutes...

Compare this to encoding the movie, which in this example can take 45 minutes.... So with 2 pass audio it will be 47min30 instead of 46 minutes...

I don't see any waste of time here ?

Regarding quality mode vs 2 pass abr: when you want to put the maximum on a disc (-> lock size), you don't want quality mode; you want to aim for a bitrate and so you want average bitrate.

Last word. I'm very happy with CT-AAC quality and I am not going to replace it. Sorry.

Who said you need to replace it ?

Anyway, I see you are missing my point completely. Good luck with your tool.

Miryan
15th October 2007, 21:17
Just a thought. Could Ripbot use ifo files, like autogk?

Atak_Snajpera
15th October 2007, 22:17
You forget the movies' length. One episode can be 50 minutes, another can be 25 minutes, another 1h30, another 35 minutes...

I assumed you encode the same episodes with similar length(anime - about 21 min ,TV shows - about 43 min).

Anyway, I see you are missing my point completely. Good luck with your tool.

Good luck with nero. Peace.

Just a thought. Could Ripbot use ifo files, like autogk?
To be honest I prefer pure .vobs created with DVDFabDecrypter instead of full DVD rip with IFO.

Miryan
16th October 2007, 10:45
To be honest I prefer pure .vobs created with DVDFabDecrypter instead of full DVD rip with IFO.

Okay, I will try that, thanks!

chuuey
2nd November 2007, 13:10
hi, first of all, great application here:D
but i have a problem with the new 1.6.6 version, after i select a source file i get this error while analyzing it:

http://superstylin.org/chuu/166rb.png

the file is a MKV file, also i tried an AVI file encoded in DivX, same thing happens all the time, they both work in 1.6.5 but not 1.6.6, using all stable releases of FFDShow, Media Splitter, etc. Cheers

Atak_Snajpera
2nd November 2007, 16:06
If you can please send me small sample of both files.

fancyage
2nd November 2007, 19:11
THX upload V1.6.7

BUT Why just started to code completes on the demonstration?

Only was dodges several has completed on the demonstration, In fact has not completed!

Please look at these charts and the time

PS:SORRY,I am working hard on my English

http://pdyz01.mofile.com/p/1/2007/11/2/LD/LD1YL23GFA_100_500_320.jpg

http://pdyz01.mofile.com/p/1/2007/11/2/YJ/YJJYKL9HOY_100_500_320.jpg

http://pdyz01.mofile.com/p/1/2007/11/2/PC/PCQ2LYBONS_100_500_320.jpg

http://pdkm03.mofile.com/p/1/2007/11/3/TJ/TJN7WB9RBH_100_500_320.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
2nd November 2007, 19:35
Rename input file to something simpler. For example movie.avi

chuuey
3rd November 2007, 00:07
good to see an update, but still I have the same thing happening, while 1.6.5 analyzes and encodes everything fine :( here are the links to the samples of the files i used:

http://superstylin.org/chuu/2-001.mkv

and the AVI:

http://superstylin.org/chuu/11.avi

wonder what can be the issue...

Atak_Snajpera
3rd November 2007, 01:41
You are using old version of FFDShow. Video cannot be decoded because avs2avi.exe is not present on the allowed list (Use only in ...) The simplest and also the best solution is to install latest version of FFDShow.

chuuey
3rd November 2007, 07:48
ok, i'll check it out,thanks

I tried the newest version build 31/10/2007 and it works now, thanks:D good luck with the future development :D

krisq
4th November 2007, 19:37
How about adding ABR for video for those who don't want to do 2pass but want pretty exact filesize?

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2007, 21:40
How about adding ABR for video for those who don't want to do 2pass but want pretty exact filesize?

I'm not going to add abr mode due to very bad quality

krisq
4th November 2007, 22:22
I'm not going to add abr mode due to very bad quality

Ok. I just thought it's a nice trade off for small screen devices (Nano or N95). I was using ABR in MeGUI so far and I didn't notice any significant drop in quality versus 2pass, with the same Kbps.
But I like your tool much better so I'll stick with 2pass, thanks :)

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2007, 22:25
If you had PSP you would see difference :) Besides first pass is alot faster than second.

krisq
4th November 2007, 23:14
If you had PSP you would see difference :) Besides first pass is alot faster than second.

Yeah, I've noticed it's much faster than second pass but still, on 2h movie it is an hour longer encoding for me on my config :rolleyes:.
But as I said, I fell in love with ripbot so I won't be complaining anymore :).

Ranguvar
5th November 2007, 00:31
Feature request: Opening of video files that do not contain audio streams (in my case it was a DivX 5.2.1 AVI).

Thanks!

clickit
5th November 2007, 07:30
i have to admit that this software is the only, among others, that succesfuly worked for me, for a mkv to mkv conversion

keep up the good work

thanks

Ranguvar
5th November 2007, 21:22
Feature request: Opening of video files that do not contain audio streams (in my case it was a DivX 5.2.1 AVI).

Thanks!Did some looking around, another nice feature once it will even open non-audio files is to then create a "dummy" blank WAV of the same length of the video and use that for the audio if external audio is not specified. The PSP needs an audio stream to play video, and it cuts the whole thing once either stream ends. Thanks!

Also, another vote for ABR. I don't fancy it myself too much, but there are situations (testing, and checking to see if something works) where I want a file as FAST as possible. Please open it up.

Atak_Snajpera
5th November 2007, 22:06
I will implement your first request but I don't understand your later suggestion. Why do you want to encode silent clips?

Also, another vote for ABR. I don't fancy it myself too much, but there are situations (testing, and checking to see if something works) where I want a file as FAST as possible. Please open it up.

Why don't you use Constant Quality then?

trott
9th November 2007, 09:59
Why don't you use Constant Quality then?

Given that I like eg xvid video encoded at quantizer 2 or 3, what would be a comparable CQ setting for your tool?

[edit]
In fact, at least on my machine CQ mode doesn't work: I see no encoding happening and no output files are generated. It looks as if x264 is generating some kind of error and immediately giving up. i see no error on-screen though.

Atak_Snajpera
9th November 2007, 21:50
Given that I like eg xvid video encoded at quantizer 2 or 3, what would be a comparable CQ setting for your tool?

If you use HQ-Default profile probably CRF@20

In fact, at least on my machine CQ mode doesn't work: I see no encoding happening and no output files are generated. It looks as if x264 is generating some kind of error and immediately giving up. i see no error on-screen though.

If you want me to help you next time I need some details about source file and so on.

trott
9th November 2007, 21:58
vob files from a dvd backed up to a dvd-5 (Blackadder S1 so they're alle episodes).
It seems to happen only when I select to use vsfilter for subtitles (even with files with no subs in them).
I'm supposed to select vsfilter and then the same vob file I originally selected for transcoding, right?
I also didn't find a log file...

Atak_Snajpera
9th November 2007, 22:04
It would be better if you left subs in separate file and mux them into container manually

trott
9th November 2007, 22:08
ah, I thought that was what I was doing. I of course do not want them encoded in the video...
I'll extract them manually; however it would be nice if your tool could mux the subpicture streams into the container; both mp4 and mkv support this.

Atak_Snajpera
9th November 2007, 22:17
I use subrip to convert subtitles to text files. However after conversion I always leave them in separate files instead of muxing.

Topher
10th November 2007, 00:23
I've been using AutoGK for a couple of years to create xvids from my ripped dvds. I want to try x.264 encodes but I'm not sure what I need to do.
I've ripped a dvd in file mode & in Ripbot, I select the first vob file. Will ripbot select the subsequent vobs? I see that once it's demuxed & indexed the audio, the duration is the length of the first vob. Should I rip in IFO mode instead?
Do I need to demux them into an mpeg file first? Is there freeware to do this?
Sorry if the questions are pretty basic, but like I said, I've been using AutoGK & it doesn't require much thinking.

Atak_Snajpera
10th November 2007, 13:15
I select the first vob file. Will ripbot select the subsequent vobs?

You have to select manually all vobs you want to encode.
for example: VTS_01_1.VOB , VTS_01_2.VOB , VTS_01_3.VOB ...

mutha88
11th November 2007, 01:21

I have a question. Can a MPEG-4 files output be read from a regular DVD player? I mean the kind, that RipBot uses?

Another question. Is there more audio profiles to add? Or can you? Congratulations for this good proggy...i've been using Staxxrip quite for a while, but i think, that this is better for batch encoding ;)

deets
11th November 2007, 02:10
nope ripbot264 outputs h.264 compliant files which no regular dvd player can read :)

Topher
11th November 2007, 22:47

Thanks! Worked great. Now I just need a faster computer.

Miryan
11th November 2007, 23:54
I also have a question. If I select the vobs, the program itself (or windows?) change the order, and the files comes like this: VTS_01_4.VOB,VTS_01_1.VOB,VTS_01_2.VOB,VTS_01_3.VOB.

So, RipBot 'knows' the real order, like 1-2-3-4, or it will code like 4, 1, 2 and 3?

Atak_Snajpera
12th November 2007, 12:25
Selected files VTS_01_4.VOB,VTS_01_1.VOB,VTS_01_2.VOB,VTS_01_3.VOB
are indexed in 4, 1, 2 and 3 order.

Miryan
12th November 2007, 12:32
I see, thanks!

PSPNut
14th November 2007, 15:59
I have been using Ripbot for some time for encoding to PSP and it has been working great. Recently, I bought an iPhone (which unfortunately doesn't work with Floola), and have ran into issue with the audio encoding. iTunes fails silently during import and QuickTime gives an error -2041.

http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7793&stc=1&d=1195906672

If I extract the audio manually and transcode it using iTunes and then remux it back using mp4box, it works great.

Is there is way to make the iPhone profile create an audio track that can be directly imported via iTunes?

Jerry_Sm@rt
17th November 2007, 17:27
@Atak_Snajpera
I really like your gui ,very easy to use for batch encoding.

It would be better if u add surport for nero aac encoder

and make the audio profile editable(like the video part) .

Atak_Snajpera
17th November 2007, 23:34
I really like your gui ,very easy to use for batch encoding.

Why do you guys like nero encoder so much? I made many quality test using Sennheiser headphones and I didn't hear any differences.

and make the audio profile editable(like the video part)

Why? What is missing?

Mtz
18th November 2007, 01:23
I used for the first time this program today. Some things regarding iPhone profile as an example when choosing [ level 3.0 ] iPOD Touch & iPhone:
- mkv output to be greyed
- the audio must to stay under "2.0 AAC LC 128kbps" and no other option to be available. Best is to be autoset as "2.0 AAC LC 96kbps" as default.
- the video must to stay under 640x480 and no other option to be available for resize and max. bitrate 1500 kbps.

Request: when adding subtitles to be possible to add black bars, keeping correct aspect ratio and the subtitles to be placed at the bottom of the video. The reason is because the display is 4:3 and if encoding some 16:9 movie with subtitles the player will add black bars and the subtitles will be not very readable if them are in the video as opposed to be on the black bars. Also for srt subtitles the font, size cannot be choosed by the users and I consider for iPhone the default font is too small. User needs to learn how to make better ssa subtitles. I don't know if you can add an option for font, size, position of subtitles but I hope to add something simple when adding subtitles like: WideScreen (16:9) or LetterBoxed (16:9 in a 4:3 frame with black borders).

enjoy,
Mtz

Jerry_Sm@rt
18th November 2007, 04:59
Why do you guys like nero encoder so much? I made many quality test using Sennheiser headphones and I didn't hear any differences.

Why? What is missing?

Coz nero's faster.

For example, people may need 48 kbps he+ps aac for some animation title or high bitrate 5.1 aac...

Atak_Snajpera
18th November 2007, 23:47
Coz nero's faster.

I don't think so :)
My system: Core 2 Duo@2.8Ghz
conversion 1h:52m mp3 to 128 kbps CT-AAC took 2m:30s / ND-AAC SSE took 4m:10s

For example, people may need 48 kbps he+ps aac for some animation title

HE+parametric stereo sucks!

or high bitrate 5.1 aac...
320 kbps is a maximum for 6 channels. There is nothing above that.

mrpijey
20th November 2007, 00:20
OK, here are two stupid questions for you....:

1: How do I make ripbot264 accept my DTS-encoded x264-streams? When I open up a .mkv-file that has its audio encoded with DTS i get a "Audio properties returned by AviSynth are incorrect" error, displaying Audiorate, AudioChannels and AudioLength to 0. It's something with my codecs, but what? What should I use? I can playback the files with audio properly, but ripbot264 won't swallow it.

2: AC3 encoded x264-streams show up in ripbot264 as 2 channels only. Even if I know they are 6 channels they only show 2. With MPEG2's (DVD source) it works with 6 chan.Trying to convert 1080/720p streams into lower resolution.

I prolly missed something quite obvious, but I can't see the solution... any ideas?

Jerry_Sm@rt
20th November 2007, 16:28
I don't think so :)
My system: Core 2 Duo@2.8Ghz
conversion 1h:52m mp3 to 128 kbps CT-AAC took 2m:30s / ND-AAC SSE took 4m:10s

HE+parametric stereo sucks!

320 kbps is a maximum for 6 channels. There is nothing above that.
Maybe I jump to that speed conclusion too hurry,I'll do some more test myself.

Lowrate heaacv2 may sound bad for u , but it's popular in tv animation archive.

I know 256k is good for 5.1 lc aac,but there's no 5.1 audio profile now in your gui.

So maybe u could think about split audio option to 3 part :encoder vorbis/lcaac/heaac/heaacv2;channels 2.0/5.1 ;bitrate xxx.Or simply add more audio profiles.

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2007, 18:07
1: How do I make ripbot264 accept my DTS-encoded x264-streams? When I open up a .mkv-file that has its audio encoded with DTS i get a "Audio properties returned by AviSynth are incorrect" error, displaying Audiorate, AudioChannels and AudioLength to 0. It's something with my codecs, but what? What should I use? I can playback the files with audio properly, but ripbot264 won't swallow it.

Send me small sample

2: AC3 encoded x264-streams show up in ripbot264 as 2 channels only. Even if I know they are 6 channels they only show 2. With MPEG2's (DVD source) it works with 6 chan.Trying to convert 1080/720p streams into lower resolution.

Disable Mixer in FFDShow Audio Configuration

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9296/new1zb7.th.png (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1zb7.png)

I know 256k is good for 5.1 lc aac,but there's no 5.1 audio profile now in your gui

What are you talking about???
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2002/67311547fj3.th.png (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=67311547fj3.png)

Mtz
20th November 2007, 18:41
Can you reply at my previous post? The most interesting si regarding WideScreen and Letterboxed thing.
10x!

enjoy,
Mtz

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2007, 19:38
I used for the first time this program today. Some things regarding iPhone profile as an example when choosing [ level 3.0 ] iPOD Touch & iPhone:
- mkv output to be greyed
- the audio must to stay under "2.0 AAC LC 128kbps" and no other option to be available. Best is to be autoset as "2.0 AAC LC 96kbps" as default.
- the video must to stay under 640x480 and no other option to be available for resize and max. bitrate 1500 kbps.

In 1.6.8 mp4 container is selected for default instead of mkv. However mkv won't be disabled along with other options because I prefer freedom of choice.

Request: when adding subtitles to be possible to add black bars, keeping correct aspect ratio and the subtitles to be placed at the bottom of the video. The reason is because the display is 4:3 and if encoding some 16:9 movie with subtitles the player will add black bars and the subtitles will be not very readable if them are in the video as opposed to be on the black bars.

Is it related to iPhone or PC?

mrpijey
20th November 2007, 20:53
Send me small sample

How would I go about to make a proper sample? All my DTS-titles behave the same way (all downloaded from the net).

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2007, 21:21
All my DTS-titles behave the same way

Sometime ago I recorded x-men 3 with DTS sound and it works well with GUI. Do you have latest FFDshow , Haali Media Splitter and stable AviSynth?

(all downloaded from the net)

Let's assume I didn't see that...

mrpijey
20th November 2007, 22:09
Sometime ago I recorded x-men 3 with DTS sound and it works well with GUI. Do you have latest FFDshow , Haali Media Splitter and stable AviSynth?

Resetting FFDshow settings fixed both channel problem and DTS problem. Thanks!

Let's assume I didn't see that...

The net has more stuff than illegal movies you know... The things I am trying to convert are high quality trailers and HDTV samples. 1080 into 720. 1080/720 into 480 and so on.

Anyway, thanks for the help! This solved a lot of time (and created a lot more work, since I have to re-encode a LOT of samples into 5.1 audio.... =) )

colt45joe
21st November 2007, 00:24
when i add subtitles, they are delayed (person talks...little bit later the subs appear) ... how do i fix this?

Atak_Snajpera
21st November 2007, 00:38
You will find some nice tool here
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=112539

weaver4
21st November 2007, 04:43
When I first start to execute a job I get a error dialog for bepipe that says "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled".

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Mtz
21st November 2007, 05:32
Request: when adding subtitles to be possible to add black bars, keeping correct aspect ratio and the subtitles to be placed at the bottom of the video. The reason is because the display is 4:3 and if encoding some 16:9 movie with subtitles the player will add black bars and the subtitles will be not very readable if them are in the video as opposed to be on the black bars.
Is it related to iPhone or PC?
To iPhone. The iPhone screen is small. To be readable, the subtitle need to be as large as possible and if is on the black bars is more visible.
Widescreen (Textsub with .srt subtitle) - 16:9 640x272 max. supported by iPhone:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1742/169iphonepc2.th.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=169iphonepc2.jpg)

Leterboxed (Textsub with .ssa subtitle) - 4:3 640x480 max. supported by iPhone:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7156/43iphoneyh0.th.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43iphoneyh0.jpg)

I don't know if anybody can read movies subtitles from their iPod/iPhone if Textsub with srt is used, because with srt is not possible to set the font properties.

Some comparison regarding screen size and subtitles:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8082/iphoneak8.th.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iphoneak8.jpg)

Regarding MP4, MKV and other standards: I think you made the program for Average Joe. He wants to click one button and after some time to have the movie how was in his mind.
But: if he will select the (for example) iPhone profile and: the MKV (by mistake), or unsupported bitrate (higher than 1500kbps), or unsupported resolution (more than 640), or unsupported audio (more than 2.0 LC), after many hours of encoding he will have an unplayable result. Only because he had options that broken the standards.

I wrote all this things thinking at Average Joe, and because I like your program and I want to help you improving it in the right way. You are free to listen me or not.

enjoy,
Mtz

PrashantV
21st November 2007, 12:34
Awesome program, thanks :) So simple - but it does exactly what is needed. One little minor thing that could be improved is some sort of batch mode (add lots of files that use the same settings), or at least make it remember all the settings, atm it remembers bitrate, but doesn't remember the resolution. So I have to go to properties, and change resolution everytime.

What settings are people using on their PSPs? I'm using 1024kbps / 25fps, and sometimes I end up getting a lot of red ghosting. Anyway to reduce this?

Atak_Snajpera
21st November 2007, 13:44
Mtz
According to tech spec iPhone's native resolution is 480x320 (1.5:1) so I suggest to use PSP resolution (Black bars are added automatically).

What settings are people using on their PSPs? I'm using 1024kbps / 25fps, and sometimes I end up getting a lot of red ghosting. Anyway to reduce this?

I use 384 kbps if I want to save space and still have good quality. If I don't care about size I use CQ@24 (~768kbps)

Ghosting cannot be reduced because it's hardware problem (LCD has very slow response time)

When I first start to execute a job I get a error dialog for bepipe that says "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled".

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

You didn't provide enough information about input file. Without that I cannot help. Did this happen with all files?