PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

wakebrder
16th July 2008, 02:21
Atak-

Any chance of Ripbot supporting Hi-res audio output in the future? ie:True-HD/DTS-MA

Thanks again!!

8ternity
16th July 2008, 03:32
Hi Atak,

You never reply me about my troubleshooting.

1.10.3 & 1.10.4 Troubleshooting when playing the AVCHD blu-ray conversion in ps3 and blu-ray players. Audio track, sounds goes on/off tested with 2 different blu-ray players, and 1 ps3.

Probably something wrong with the conversion?

Thanks.

i have try with 3 movies. 2 mkv and one from blu-ray ripp directly.
Now tested with 1.10.1 and size output not ok. total size 2GB no 4480.

fib0by
16th July 2008, 07:57
First-time user here.
I opened a large video file in RipBot and now it displays something like "please wait... gathering informations..."

It would be nice if RipBot could display a progress bar while it's waiting there.

topsham
16th July 2008, 09:48
Does anyone know if there is a 64 bit version of x264.exe? I'm using Ripbot264 in a 64 bit Vista environment and was wondering if this would speed up processing at all?

Atak_Snajpera
16th July 2008, 12:05
i apologize if this has already been covered...i'm converting 1080p .m2ts files to .bluray to make avchd discs. I am getting between 7-9 fps on the second pass. Is there a file i can manually edit (x264 encoder settings) to speed the encodes w/o loosing too much quality?

i'm using a q6600 @ 3ghz.

7-9 fps is very fast for 1080p. I have only 3-4 fps on Core 2 Duo 3Ghz :)
Do not change anything because quality will suffer. Only agressive changes will give you higher speeds but it also means lower quality!

It would be nice if RipBot could display a progress bar while it's waiting there.
Not possible!

Now tested with 1.10.1 and size output not ok. total size 2GB no 4480.
Do you really think I care for older versions??? You should always use the latest.
Check if you have the same problem with audio during preview in ripbot

I'm using Ripbot264 in a 64 bit Vista environment and was wondering if this would speed up processing at all?
Use google. 64bit version should speed up to up 10 %

Atak-

Any chance of Ripbot supporting Hi-res audio output in the future? ie:True-HD/DTS-MA

I need sample amigo!

womble2
16th July 2008, 17:49
Will it be possible to choose which audio stream will be used when handling with an .avi file ?
As far as I know, now the first audio stream is used.
I have a lot of .avi files with at least 2 audio streams and it would be nice if I could tell ripbot, which to take in the final file

fib0by
16th July 2008, 17:56
7-9 fps is very fast for 1080p. I have only 3-4 fps on Core 2 Duo 3Ghz :)

I've a slightly slower Core 2 Duo (it's a 2.6GHz IIRC) and I get around 2...3 fps in Pass 2. Yes, it's pretty slow.

Does RipBot scale up with the number of cores? Will it be able to use more than 2 cores efficiently?

E.g., my motherboard supports (after a BIOS update) the Phenom quad cores. If I upgrade to a quad at the same clock speed, will the fps go up significantly? (I'm hoping for a double speed, but I'll take any improvement at this point)

Atak_Snajpera
16th July 2008, 18:09
x264 encoder scales very well with number of cores. Look
7-9 fps is very fast for 1080p. I have only 3-4 fps on Core 2 Duo 3Ghz
He has two times more cores and speed is also two times faster

I have a lot of .avi files with at least 2 audio streams and it would be nice if I could tell ripbot, which to take in the final file
I didn't know that avi supports 2 and more audio streams! Sample please :)

slow4mula
16th July 2008, 18:47
x264 encoder scales very well with number of cores. Look

He has two times more cores and speed is also two times faster

I didn't know that avi supports 2 and more audio streams! Sample please :)

i'll just build a dual xeon/skulltrail setup to 2x-2.5 increase encoding speed. atak :thanks: for the awesome program man! all of us really appreciate it's simplicity and usefulness!

womble2
16th July 2008, 18:48
http://uploaded.to/?id=lni3wc

2 audio streams ;)

I don't know if it is non-standard, but I have a lot of these... ;)

slow4mula
16th July 2008, 18:54
I've a slightly slower Core 2 Duo (it's a 2.6GHz IIRC) and I get around 2...3 fps in Pass 2. Yes, it's pretty slow.

Does RipBot scale up with the number of cores? Will it be able to use more than 2 cores efficiently?

E.g., my motherboard supports (after a BIOS update) the Phenom quad cores. If I upgrade to a quad at the same clock speed, will the fps go up significantly? (I'm hoping for a double speed, but I'll take any improvement at this point)

this will give you a good idea of how your setup/potential setup will compare...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135923

fib0by
16th July 2008, 19:03
Is there a way to use RipBot with x264farm to do distributed (cluster) encoding?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=117889

8ternity
16th July 2008, 19:22
Hi Atak

Do you really think I care for older versions??? You should always use the latest.
Check if you have the same problem with audio during preview in ripbot

First, i have try with 1.10.4, with the latest ffdshow version, results, it's what i told you. I have try all my other version to be sure of what could be the trouble and have try until 1.10.1 to be sure that it is not the new version the trouble.

I always install the latest !! but i have just try something to try to understanding if it's ffdshow trouble, or the x264 version, so i try other older version.

My trouble is that:

1.10.3 & 1.10.4 Troubleshooting when playing the AVCHD blu-ray conversion in ps3 and blu-ray players. Audio track, sounds goes on/off tested with 2 different blu-ray players, and 1 ps3.

Probably something wrong with the conversion?

Thanks!

slow4mula
16th July 2008, 19:30
Is there a way to use RipBot with x264farm to do distributed (cluster) encoding?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=117889

that would be sweet:devil:

the thought of building a farm of cheap quadcore systems to do x264 encoding would be awesome instead of spending 2-3k to build one 8 core system...

Atak_Snajpera
16th July 2008, 21:23
I don't know if it is non-standard, but I have a lot of these...
I think it would be easier if you remuxed all avis to mkv. avi was not designed for multi audio streams.

womble2
16th July 2008, 21:31
Sure, that's not really a problem, because of just muxing it's lamost just copying the file.

So what I then would love to see is a button to play the demuxed Audio Files, even if it would just open my standard mp3 player.
Because now I have to check manually which is the stream (file) I want.

And have I already said that it would be a big save of time for me, if the resize option could be stored in the profile file ?
So that every file I add with a specifiec profile will be resized without hanging through the Properties ?

Thanks a lot again Atak ;)

Btw.:
does anybody know a good way (batch) to remux a lot ov avi files, even in different folders, into mkv ? Till now, I use the MKVtoolnix, but I don't think, they have an batch option, better it HAS one, but a very easy toll, that walks through a folder and subfolder just remuxing every file would be nice.

Ok, forget that, I wrote a little script using the mkvtoolnix command line ;)

Ajax_Undone
16th July 2008, 21:53
Divx avi 2.0 is supportive of two audio streams... Still cant get the size past 4gb...

MkV is a better choice because it is more versatile as far as audio, size and subs are concerned...

turbojet
17th July 2008, 01:04
Speaking of the long wait in the beginning, out of curiosity is there a reason you chose frame indexing with dgavcindex and ffmpegsource over directshow haali->ffdshow libav ?

Mike_111
17th July 2008, 05:42
Great program! Just one tiny thing. It would be awesome if you could implement default audio profile and default resize settings (incl. custom or the ability to add a profile), just like the default video profile in the RipBot264.ini :)

Atak_Snajpera
17th July 2008, 15:21
Speaking of the long wait in the beginning, out of curiosity is there a reason you chose frame indexing with dgavcindex and ffmpegsource over directshow haali->ffdshow libav ?

I chose that method because I wanted RipBot264 to be independet from DirectShow hell :) Simply I wanted to avoid conflicts in filters.

fib0by
18th July 2008, 07:17
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any way to include soft subtitles in a Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray rip.

I rip the BD with AnyDVD HD.
I open the main movie file in RipBot. It says "analysing" so I wait.
When it's done, I can select chapters, video and audio, but no subtitles.
I click Ok and then it's remuxing to mkv.
When it's done, there's a button labeled subtitles, but it doesn't seem to do anything useful: it just opens a new window, but there are no subtitles there to choose.

I'm confused because in tsMuxer I can select and include a subtitle track if I wish. But of course tsMuxer cannot shrink the video track.
RipBot has a subtitle button too, but it's not working.

What am I doing wrong?

Ajax_Undone
18th July 2008, 07:47
Atak have a video sample that my Kodak makes and it doesn't want to show in ripbot... Figure you can tell me why...

It has selective output...

http://www.mediafire.com/?r4inmoyrgyx

Sarreq Teryx
18th July 2008, 08:26
OK, what are the minimum requirements for using FFT3DGPU. I have a Radeon X1650 with 512MB and it will not work for me.

if thats too old a card for FFT3DGPU, would it be possible to have the option to use the MSU denoiser also?

edit: OK, I found its doom9 topic. it says my card should work, but it seems there are issues with it and WinVista. SO, my request still stands, would it be possible to have the option to use the MSU denoiser also? at least until the Vista problem is worked out?

Sarreq Teryx
18th July 2008, 08:58
what does the error message Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode! Exiting. mean???
Something wrong with source. Open .vob in DGIndex and see what's happening.(sorry, I forgot about this entirely for a week) I tried that and DGIndex doesnt show any errors with the file

heres the log output

Stream Type: MPEG2 Program
Profile: main@main
Frame Size: 720x576
Display Size: 720x576
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 [2]
Frame Rate: 25.000000 fps
Video Type: PAL
Frame Type: Interlaced
Coding Type: B
Colorimetry: BT.470-2 B,G
Frame Structure: Frame
Field Order: Top
Coded Number: 215
Playback Number: 215
Frame Repeats: 0
Field Repeats: 0
VOB ID: 1
Cell ID: 1
Bitrate: 3.307 Mbps
Bitrate (Avg): 3.581 Mbps
Bitrate (Max): 3.834 Mbps
Audio Stream: 80: AC3 2/0 192
Timestamp: 0:00:29
Elapsed: 0:00:08
Remain: FINISH
FPS: 25.73
Info:

edit: mostly my fault, ripbot was taking issue with too long of a folder path
C:\d01s01e01\this folder name was entirely too long and ripbot had choked on it, had to move to a shorter path\VIDEO_TS
and, yes it was that long

jtheripper
18th July 2008, 20:29
I posted a question a few days ago about if avchd played on a samsung bdp1400 could have DTS audio. Well I found the answer. According to Wikipedia article on the avchd spec, it only supports audio DD up to 640kbps or LPCM but not DTS. This explains why my samsung will play all the ripbot avchd with dd but not dts. When I burn the ripbot avchd to a bd-re it plays even with dts so it must think its a bd, not avchd. If anyone has a panasonic or sony stand alone bd player (not ps3) have you been able to play a ripbot BD that had DTS and burned to a DVD9 or 5 succesfully?

Atak_Snajpera
18th July 2008, 21:30
What am I doing wrong?
You must manually convert .sup files to .srt

OK, what are the minimum requirements for using FFT3DGPU. I have a Radeon X1650 with 512MB and it will not work for me.
I have Laptop with Redeon x700 128 MB + Windows Vista SP1 and everything is working well. Even 1440x1080 :)

Atak have a video sample that my Kodak makes and it doesn't want to show in ripbot... Figure you can tell me why...
Now you know why .mov format is not officially supported in my app.

Solution: Remux .mov to .avi using this command line
ffmpeg.exe -i "c:\1.mov" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "c:\1.avi"

Discoboy
18th July 2008, 23:41
I posted a question a few days ago about if avchd played on a samsung bdp1400 could have DTS audio. Well I found the answer. According to Wikipedia article on the avchd spec, it only supports audio DD up to 640kbps or LPCM but not DTS. This explains why my samsung will play all the ripbot avchd with dd but not dts. When I burn the ripbot avchd to a bd-re it plays even with dts so it must think its a bd, not avchd. If anyone has a panasonic or sony stand alone bd player (not ps3) have you been able to play a ripbot BD that had DTS and burned to a DVD9 or 5 succesfully?

Hi,

Yes AVCHD with DTS @ 1.5Mbps plays back no problem on a DVD+R DL via a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray standalone deck.

Also the AVCHD spec does allow for DTS on AVCHD. The spec is upto 1.5mbps bit rate after compression and 1 - 7.1 channels.

jtheripper
18th July 2008, 23:58
Very interesting. Where did you see that the spec allows DTS? Makes sense that it would but I couldnt find that anywhere. Guess I will get me a panny player. Thanks

Discoboy
19th July 2008, 00:48
The spec does not actually mention the DTS trademark, but it does say bit rate after compression 1.5mbps and upto 7.1 channels i.e. the DTS core sound track spec of DTS-HD sound track. Spec link here:

http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html

CupCak3
19th July 2008, 02:29
two thumbs up on the software... I've used this successfully to backup several of my bluerays. I've been able to figure out most of my problems/wants by searching but have one final question (...at least for now ;) )

Is there anyway to keep an origional soundtrack instead of having it "re-encoded"? Are there any benefits to having it re-encoded? The movies I just finished have Dolby EX soundtracks that I'd like to pass directly to my receiver. Thanks!

Ajax_Undone
19th July 2008, 03:17
Thanx Bro...

florinandrei
19th July 2008, 06:23
If I'm not mistaken, RipBot uses tsMuxer to author the BD structure, right?
Well, if that's the case, there's a problem. The disks authored with tsMuxer will play in a loop on the PS3. Insert disk, it starts playing, it reaches the end, it goes back to the beginning, plays the whole disk again, and so on. :angry:

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Ajax_Undone
19th July 2008, 10:42
The installer has been updated to include an updater built originally by morphinapg for ASXgui Encoder.
He generously offered me the source after I asked and I modified it for use with RipBot264...

So big thanx to morphinapg...

Anyhow if you use it now it will just download The current build of RipBot264 so its kinda useless untill next release...

Currently Building a ffdshow and haali updater to include by 2.0 release. The 2.0 Installer will be the last one released until 3.0 comes around. So I want it to be self sustaining...

raymondtrudeau
19th July 2008, 18:01
hi iam new to ripbot 64 and the whole blueray backing up...is there a guide on how to back up on to dvd9? thanks...

Sarreq Teryx
20th July 2008, 02:50
OK, what are the minimum requirements for using FFT3DGPU. I have a Radeon X1650 with 512MB and it will not work for me.I have Laptop with Redeon x700 128 MB + Windows Vista SP1 and everything is working well. Even 1440x1080 :)possibly the issue's with Vista 64? dunno. all I know is the anime and film filters stopped working for me when you switched from the MSU filter to FFT3DGPU.

solis0001
20th July 2008, 03:33
Ref: Samsung BDP-1400 & DTS - My 1400 plays DTS just fine with AVCHD. Perhaps the feature was part of the FW updates?
I know I've applied several FW updates.

Lovely app, BTW. A lot of praise needs to be heaped upon the author for this little gem.
It's beautiful.

over-killer
20th July 2008, 05:12
@Atak
Here is a sample with 7.1 dts

http://uploaded.to/?id=5uc7n3

Did you ever check this out and fix it?

Discoboy
20th July 2008, 06:47
Is there anyway to keep an origional soundtrack instead of having it "re-encoded"? Are there any benefits to having it re-encoded? The movies I just finished have Dolby EX soundtracks that I'd like to pass directly to my receiver. Thanks!

Doesn’t setting the audio profile to “x.x. COPY STREAM” not work for you as for me this prevents reencoding. I use this function to keep the DD core track that Ripbot extracted from DD-HD audio track as if I let it reencode, the sound levels are much lower. I also use it when I have a DTS audio track.

Discoboy
20th July 2008, 07:17
Ref: Samsung BDP-1400 & DTS - My 1400 plays DTS just fine with AVCHD. Perhaps the feature was part of the FW updates?
I know I've applied several FW updates.

Seems 1.8 is the latest and has some AVCHD fixes:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7279860&postcount=1166

fib0by
20th July 2008, 07:28
Shrunk a big 1080p VC-1 thing to DVD-9. When there's a big image change (cut from one angle to another, or from one scene to another) the image freezes for several seconds. Audio keeps playing normally. This is on a PS3.

Several possible causes:
- DVD+R DL is being read too slowly by the PS3
- bitrate after shrinking is too small for this video stream
- bug in x264

Any ideas?

I'll try to upload the .m2ts file to the PS3 directly (bypassing the DVD+R DL media) and we'll see what happens.

P.S.: I shrunk another one, same procedure, same DVD+R DL and it seems to be fine. Kind of eliminates the DVD from the list of suspects, but in this case the bitrate is a tiny bit smaller (7GB final size instead of 8). But the master in this case looks a bit more smooth.

Atak_Snajpera
20th July 2008, 11:45
Did you ever check this out and fix it?
Fixed: 5.1 Audio profile was missing if audio had 8 channels

Audio track is stored in pcm format therefore it must be re-encoded to 5.1 AC3.

possibly the issue's with Vista 64? dunno.
Have you installed the latest Catalysts?

jtheripper
21st July 2008, 01:51
Seems 1.8 is the latest and has some AVCHD fixes:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7279860&postcount=1166

Actually I am using firmware 1.8 Must be some other problem

Sarreq Teryx
21st July 2008, 06:18
Have you installed the latest Catalysts?yes, as soon as they came out

pitch.fr
22nd July 2008, 12:15
Hello
I want to convert my file m2ts into MKV, but I have a problem
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7393/sanstitre1id9.png (http://imageshack.us)

I have a file “info.txt” but it is empty

help me ,thank you

tteich
25th July 2008, 08:04
Hello Atak,

thanks for your great work for the community!

I have a quick question: is there an option in the .ini files to set the x264 --keyint <int> and --min-keyint <int> parameters? Alternatively: do you have a HDDVD ini-file (similar to the Bluray one) which presets those parameters correctly? I'd like to create HDDVD compliant .264 raw files, and a couple of x264 parameters from the Bluray profile that I use at the moment have to be changed (e.g GOP <=36, and probably others).

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
25th July 2008, 12:23
My tests show that --keyint <int> and --min-keyint <int> are not neccessary. Blu-Ray ( and probably HD-DVD as well) players play movies without problems. Besides HD-DVD format is dead for me.

pitch.fr
25th July 2008, 12:51
Hello Atak

do you have a solution to my problem?

Please

tteich
25th July 2008, 12:51
My tests show that --keyint <int> and --min-keyint <int> are not neccessary. Blu-Ray ( and probably HD-DVD as well) players play movies without problems. Besides HD-DVD format is dead for me.
Well, I don't know how picky HDDVD players are with out-of-spec streams. What I've encountered is that some authoring tools don't accept out of spec GOP values, hence my question. I try to author a HDDVD from a backup of my purchased BD, as I see it as a waste of ressources to dump a perfectly functioning HD player.

EDIT:
Atak: is RipBot264 open source, I would volunteer to make necessary additions and test them, in case you've no interest and time to do this...

Atak_Snajpera
25th July 2008, 13:08
as I see it as a waste of ressources to dump a perfectly functioning HD player.
Try to sell it. Add some money and buy PS3.

do you have a solution to my problem?
I don't need screenshots! I need samples. No samples = No help

pitch.fr
25th July 2008, 17:18
ok ,I make a sample and I send it to you

over-killer
26th July 2008, 06:05
So ripbot isn't able to do dts 7.1?

Atak_Snajpera
26th July 2008, 07:13
Yuma does not have DTS (it has PCM) track therefore COPY STREAM option is not available. I don't have DTS encoder so the only option is to encode to ac3 5.1

loogmoo
27th July 2008, 13:51
Except for a 20 minute video, my Vista64 (Intel Duo 3GB, 4GB Ram, 1TB HD) system everytime froze or rebooted while RipBot264 was running. I tried 5 or 6 different Blu-Ray rips.

Of 2 jobs, I kept the content of the temp directories. Which of this information shall I post here or put somewhere (where?) to get help?

Thanks - Loog Moo

Sharktooth
27th July 2008, 15:31
You have hardware problems. Your system is highly unstable in stress conditions.
Remove any overclock (im pretty sure you did it) and check your hardware (RAM, HDDs, etc) with one or more burn in software and check also the temps.

Atak_Snajpera
27th July 2008, 17:19
use this http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Merkie
27th July 2008, 22:42
I have a very annoying problem. Anytime I try to convert any divx or xvid file (and I mean any), I always get MPC popping up saying it 'cannot render the video file'. This occurs just after I added the file, so before the actual converting.

http://i35.tinypic.com/24bryiw.jpg

I've tried reinstalling all my codecs, but it still does not work. :mad:

I use the latest ffdshow, CoreAVC and Haali Media Splitter.

I'm getting rather desperate, so thanks in advance!

Atak_Snajpera
27th July 2008, 22:53
Reinstall AviSynth

Merkie
27th July 2008, 23:02
It works! Yeah!

Thanks a lot. :)

Edit: ah, my PC is ready for a long night of encoding. :D

Sarreq Teryx
28th July 2008, 05:31
I have a very annoying problem. Anytime I try to convert any divx or xvid file (and I mean any), I always get MPC popping up saying it 'cannot render the video file'. This occurs just after I added the file, so before the actual converting.

http://i35.tinypic.com/24bryiw.jpg

I've tried reinstalling all my codecs, but it still does not work. :mad:

I use the latest ffdshow, CoreAVC and Haali Media Splitter.

I'm getting rather desperate, so thanks in advance!
Reinstall AviSynthIt works! Yeah!

Thanks a lot. :)

Edit: ah, my PC is ready for a long night of encoding. :DI sometimes have the same problem, but only with Xvid/Divx AVIs, remuxing them to MKV with MKVmerge before trying to use ripbot seems to fix it also.

Sarreq Teryx
28th July 2008, 05:33
possibly the issue's with Vista 64? dunno. all I know is the anime and film filters stopped working for me when you switched from the MSU filter to FFT3DGPU.Have you installed the latest Catalysts?yes, as soon as they came outany idea about this at all?? I miss the anime filter :(

Sarreq Teryx
28th July 2008, 10:01
It would be nice if RipBot could display a progress bar while it's waiting there. Not possible!o0 any special reason why not? the audio normalizer and encoder gives percentages. you have the total # of frames and what frame x264 is working on, and a percentage for that. I know mkvmerge gives some sort of output because its own GUI has a progress bar. am I missing anything? Im not seeing any reason not to create a progress bar, or even a double progress bar (current process / total progress). I know its not a limitation of Delphi. Ive seen many Delphi programs with progress bars, ones which use CLI backends as well (Razorlame for one).

pitch.fr
28th July 2008, 10:41
Hello, Atak
here a sample of the file which I cannot put in mkv.(problem: "is not a valid floating point value)
http://demo21.ovh.com/d7cca9cd9a5c8d2f422e608197b71acaP/

dm1105
28th July 2008, 23:20
My friends, I'm sorry to interject, but I need some clarity. I wish to convert an MKV movie into a standard Bluray format, not MP4, mt2s, etc. Now, the resolution of said MKV is 1920 x 800, certainly not one Bluray players like very much.

I tried Ripbot264 on the MKV and I believe I configured all the settings as they should be. I wanted the final resolution to be Full HD, which in this case I chose the highest setting.

12 hours later, I got the final product. I burned the files properly using the correct settings utilizing ImgBurn. But alas, when I played the movie on PowerDVD I had audio but a black picture. 12 hours of encoding down the drain. I blame myself.

Now, I'm well aware that a very similar situation arose before in this forum, but perhaps someone can enlighten me...Perhaps someone with a higher understanding can point me in the right direction.

*sigh* after you learn everything there is to know about DVD encoding, along comes a new format and one has to begin from scratch...

~bT~
28th July 2008, 23:23
^ does the m2ts file play OK? or is it also just a black screen?

ps. did u resize to full HD?

pxr5
29th July 2008, 09:26
^^ Yeah you need to add blackborders in the Avisynth script.

E.g. If it's 1920x800, it needs to be 1920x1080. So 1080-800/2=140.

So put addborders(0,140,0,140) at the very bottom of the script.

tteich
29th July 2008, 10:34

... and make a test-encode of a 10min-segment first, before you waste another day ;)

tteich
29th July 2008, 10:43
Btw. I found a solution for my HDDVD authoring problem. Unfortunately cannot use RipBot264 due to the missing x264 target for HDDVD. But my current workflow is as follows:

1. .m2ts from ripped BD -> eac3to.exe
(creates a .264 elementary file, and the sound track as either .ac3 or .dts)
2. Re-Encode .264 with MeGUI and the Standalone_HD-DVD configuration
(creates a bitrate/GOP HDDVD compatible .264 file)
3. the resulting file needs the pulldown-flag to be set -> h264info.exe ("set 2:3 pulldown")
(creates a compliant .264 file)
4. author a standard content HDDVD using the .264 file from step 4 and the audio file from step 1

It would have been nice to have this automated with RipBot264, but the HDDVD muxer is still missing, therefor the workflow cannot be implemented completely with freeware tools.

dm1105
29th July 2008, 15:15
^ does the m2ts file play OK? or is it also just a black screen?

ps. did u resize to full HD?

Thank you for the expeditious response. Yes, the .mt2s file plays as it should in PowerDVD. Furthermore, to answer your post script, I did choose resize to full HD in the appropriate settings in the Picture Properties submenu.

I noticed that the Avisynth script on the right hand side automatically added the borders for me i.e. addborders(0,140,0,140). However, this was not located at the very bottom of the script, but somewhere in the middle. It was located under: #Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1920,800).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,140,0,140)

... and make a test-encode of a 10min-segment first, before you waste another day ;)

I followed your advice and I am currently encoding a 10 minute segment of the MKV as suggested.

Thank you again, all of you.

pitch.fr
30th July 2008, 13:33
Hello! I have a problem with a file m2ts:
http://demo21.ovh.com/d7cca9cd9a5c8d2f422e608197b71acaP/

Ripboat announces a problem: "is not a valid floating point value
there were 14 files m2ts
I joined the files m2ts with TSmuxer

With others videos, Ripboat functions correctly, but if I use Tsmuxer, Ripboat refuses to convert
What is the solution???

Atak_Snajpera
30th July 2008, 13:48
Do not use TSMuxer :) Import file directly from Blu-ray structure. Only in this case files will be joined together.

pitch.fr
30th July 2008, 15:18
is what I must work starting from the disc bluray or of the file copied from the hard drive?

Which file I must open in Ripboat: Stream,mpls or m2ts?

How does Ripboat manage to find the order of the sequences of a disc bluray?

Atak_Snajpera
30th July 2008, 16:25
The simplest way to rip movies is:
1) install AnyDVD HD
2) select any .m2ts file from Blu-Ray disc

How does Ripboat manage to find the order of the sequences of a disc bluray?
eac3to does whole black work :)

pitch.fr
30th July 2008, 16:44
Thank you for your assistance.
I tests this evening

poisondeathray
30th July 2008, 18:26
@dm1105 - did you remember to burn with udf revision 2.5?

Ajax_Undone
30th July 2008, 20:48
Hey Atak so you could avoid the issue of incorrect burning. If you could had either an ISO creation for re encoded BD structure or a burning engine to just burn the compilation to a disk rather then just structure out... Or even all three as options.

Blu-boy
31st July 2008, 06:33
I would first off like to thank Atak_Snajpera for a superior job making the Ripbot tool. I can't tell you how many tools I have tried and tossed. All of them ruined the quality of the movie, even at their highest quality settings. This includes testing MainConcepts/Elecard solutions which seemed to attenuate some of the mid-tones and highlights in the movie.

Apart from being convenient, he has also worked out all the best settings and conveniently brought together the best of the best tools in the shell to create what I consider the only tool that can transcode a blu-ray from a staggering 30Gigs to a mere 5-7 gigs with nearly no perceptible loss in quality video. I leave the audio stream alone, so there is zero loss in audio.

My goal is not playing blu-ray on ps3 but simply reducing the data storage requirements and playing on MC or similar DirectShow only playback app. Also by reducing the file down to a fraction of it's original size. You don't need a powerhouse computer anymore for playback.

Very happy with this tool for this role. Except that some movies are out of sync with the audio. And it is not linear, so that a simple audio shift wont fix it. I have tried to find an answer by scouring these forums. But nothing with h264/ac3 streams. Some have said this is due to the 24.976 verses 24 fps. Do I need to re-encode with 24 fps? RibBot is indicating "copy stream" so I assume this means it hasn't altered the timing of audio.

Or do I need to run a tool outside of RipBot to re-sync? and if so, Is there a tool that can read a m2ts file and allow me to stretch audio?
Seems the audio is late by a half second during the start of the movie. And is correct at the end of the movie. Or am I doomed to demux and run it though some ac3 audio editor and remux. If so which one can do a stretch rather than a time shift?

Mordred
31st July 2008, 17:58
This is a great program Atak. I'm finally able to encode stuff that for some reason didn't work properly using MeGUI, and this is much easier to use. I'm using it to convert mkvs, to 1280x720 blu-ray format and putting them on DVD-Rs to play on my PS3.

I did have two questions that I searched for but couldn't find any good information.

1) I'm encoding 23.976 (or whatever it is) film sources, and I'd like the output to stay 24fps. I have my PS3 setup to output 24fps and my LCD TV accepts 24fps so when watching a real blu-ray I see a display 1080p24. However the blu-rays I create don't appear to be sending 24fps from the PS3 as my TV shows it's receiving just regular 720p. Does the PS3 have some kind of limitation of when it can send 24fps content, or is the conversion converting to 30fps, or am I doing something else wrong which is preventing this from showing up properly?

2) I've got subtitles in these MKVs that were .ass format. RipBot correctly demuxes them and I can add them. However when the movie is played back, whenever the subs should be in Italics it looks like this: {\I1}this should be italicized{\I0} and whenever there should be a line break it just shows as "\N" and everything stays on one line. I checked the .ass format and that's how the subs are actually formatted. I converted those .ass to .srt which replaced the {\I1} crap with standard <I></I> symbols, but they still show up in the actual subtitles and nothing is italicized. Is there a way to get the formatting to show up, or is that just a limitation of this method so far?

Atak_Snajpera
31st July 2008, 21:55
1) I'm encoding 23.976 (or whatever it is) film sources, and I'd like the output to stay 24fps. I have my PS3 setup to output 24fps and my LCD TV accepts 24fps so when watching a real blu-ray I see a display 1080p24. However the blu-rays I create don't appear to be sending 24fps from the PS3 as my TV shows it's receiving just regular 720p. Does the PS3 have some kind of limitation of when it can send 24fps content, or is the conversion converting to 30fps, or am I doing something else wrong which is preventing this from showing up properly?

24fps means also 23.976 fps . Try again but this time encode at 1080p instead of 720p

2) I've got subtitles in these MKVs that were .ass format. RipBot correctly demuxes them and I can add them. However when the movie is played back, whenever the subs should be in Italics it looks like this: {\I1}this should be italicized{\I0} and whenever there should be a line break it just shows as "\N" and everything stays on one line. I checked the .ass format and that's how the subs are actually formatted. I converted those .ass to .srt which replaced the {\I1} crap with standard <I></I> symbols, but they still show up in the actual subtitles and nothing is italicized. Is there a way to get the formatting to show up, or is that just a limitation of this method so far?

{\I1} codes will be automatically removed in next version (Tsmuxer supports only plain text) . I'm planing to remove \N code as well but I would need you to send me few examples (.ass files)

Mordred
1st August 2008, 02:22
Yeah, I'll try encoding at 1080 and see if the 1080p24 shows up on my TV. I guess it's possible there's no 720p24 output format, although that seems odd to me.

I'm attaching the .ass file that was showing up improperly. Stripping the {\I1}s and replacing the \N's with linebreaks would be awesome. These subs also use #s around song lyrics (which I think is kind of odd) but you'd need some kind of rule to strip the #s from the beginning and end of lines, but make sure that a # used in the middle of the line wasn't stripped I guess... although I doubt you'd see # in a subtitle normally anyway.

dm1105
1st August 2008, 19:33
@dm1105 - did you remember to burn with udf revision 2.5?

Apologies for the delayed response ( Only a moment ago, I returned home from a small trip during the week).

Yes, I did burn with UDF revision 2.5. Incidentally, I succesfully created a Blu-Ray ISO of the MKV, but now I have A/V sync issue with the Blu-Ray movie. The video is slowly drifting away from the audio. Towards the end of the film, the audio is approximately lagging behind one second. I am currently browsing the forum for an appropriate corrective measure.

Ajax_Undone
1st August 2008, 19:40
http://www.mediafire.com/?jewxy8ac7u4

Updated installer I am looking for comments on how this one works... So send me feed back...

dm1105
1st August 2008, 21:54
Concerning my A/V Sync issue, I found out that back in April of this year, there was a member that went by the name of m0nkie, and he (or she) had a very similar A/V sync issue to my own. Atak's response to m0nkie's problem was:

@m0nkie
Use AssumeFPS -> 23.976 and everything will be ok.

It's not that it seemed like a vague response, it's just that I would like to know the purpose of taking this particular action. Does anyone have a response?

atreides93
2nd August 2008, 02:30
dm1105, I think "BluBoy" had the same problem you describe. Did you try that suggestion you mention, and did it work?

duramaximus
2nd August 2008, 05:07
I am trying to make a ipod touch video from the bluray version of the bank job. Everytime I import the video into itunes and then try and sync it gives me an error saying it cannot sync the file.

Here is the info info. Can someone help me out please :)

General #0
Complete name : C:\THE BANK JOB IPOD.mp4
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format/Family : MPEG-4
File size : 925 MiB
PlayTime : 1h 52mn
Bit rate : 1155 Kbps
StreamSize : 2.10 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-01 03:46:24
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-01 03:46:24

Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Family : AVC
Codec/Info : MPEG-4 AVC
Codec profile : Baseline@L3.0
Codec settings, CABAC : No
Bit rate mode : VBR
Bit rate : 1024 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 6251 Kbps
Width : 1920 pixels
Height : 1080 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : CFR
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Chroma : 4:2:0
Interlacement : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.021
StreamSize : 820 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-01 03:46:24
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-01 03:47:29

Audio #0
Codec : AAC LC
Codec/Family : AAC
Codec/Info : AAC Low Complexity
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 135 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
StreamSize : 103 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-01 03:47:13
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-01 03:47:29

Chapters #0
1 : 00:00:00.000 -
2 : 00:07:21.524 -
3 : 00:13:47.493 -
4 : 00:18:59.930 -
5 : 00:24:47.277 -
6 : 00:36:32.232 -
7 : 00:40:28.426 -
8 : 00:45:56.754 -
9 : 00:54:10.789 -
10 : 00:59:52.130 -
11 : 01:05:51.030 -
12 : 01:15:42.329 -
13 : 01:22:39.872 -
14 : 01:30:48.401 -
15 : 01:38:27.401 -
16 : 01:45:52.263 -
17 : 01:52:01.506 -

~bT~
2nd August 2008, 11:43
^ did u forget to resize?

on another note. ripbot264 never worked for me when it came to ipod format.

loogmoo
2nd August 2008, 13:08
Well, its always good to have people knowing what one did. No overclocking on my side. I am not a freak.

@Atak: Thanks for the link, I will do the stress test.

duramaximus
2nd August 2008, 15:43

I never did re-size.

I will try that today.

Thanks

loogmoo
2nd August 2008, 18:37
use this http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Hi Atak,

stress tests are running now for 5 hours with setting "Blend". I will keep them running during the night and let you know. But my guess is: Everything is fine with the hardware.

Regards - Johannes

fib0by
2nd August 2008, 20:24
Do not use TSMuxer :) Import file directly from Blu-ray structure. Only in this case files will be joined together.

Great! But how to include the subtitles? RipBot does not allow to select the subtitle stream and it's not clear to me how to actually get the subtitle from the .m2ts from the BD (which software tools, what are the steps, etc).

P.S.: By the way, after I select the streams, when it says "please wait... remuxing blu-ray to mkv...", can you please add a Cancel button on that window? Right now I have to kill the RipBot program altogether to make it stop remuxing if I make a mistake.

P.P.S.: Also, would be nice to give the user a choice where to put the temporary mkv, instead of burying that choice in the configs (it's easy to forget about it). After selecting the streams, a window should pop-up asking "where to create temporary MKV?" or something like that, with the initial value deduced from the setting in the .ini file, but allowing the user to change it before the mkv starts being created. This would be very useful for people who have 2 hard-drives and always run this kind of big processing tasks like a ping-pong from one drive to the other (it's very fast when source and destination are different drives).

duramaximus
2nd August 2008, 21:18

OK, changed the video output size to 640 x 360, used the IPOD 3.0 setting, .mp4 extension & 2 pass for 700MB.

Itunes allowed me to sync this time but when I try and play the file my Ipod says "This movie format is not supported."

Any help would be great.

Here is what MedioInfo says......

General #0
Complete name : C:\Users\Geno\Desktop\THE BANK JOB.mp4
File size : 700 MiB
Bit rate : 873 Kbps
StreamSize : 2.12 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-01 19:52:29
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-02 13:07:30
covr : Unknown kind of value!

Video #0
Bit rate : 742 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 4231 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 360 pixels
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.134
StreamSize : 595 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-01 19:52:29
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-01 19:54:29

Audio #0
StreamSize : 103 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-01 19:53:49
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-02 13:07:30

Chapters #0
2 : 00:07:21.524 -
3 : 00:13:47.493 -
4 : 00:18:59.930 -
5 : 00:24:47.277 -
6 : 00:36:32.232 -
7 : 00:40:28.426 -
8 : 00:45:56.754 -
9 : 00:54:10.789 -
10 : 00:59:52.130 -
11 : 01:05:51.030 -
12 : 01:15:42.329 -
13 : 01:22:39.872 -
14 : 01:30:48.401 -
15 : 01:38:27.401 -
16 : 01:45:52.263 -
17 : 01:52:01.506 -

Atak_Snajpera
2nd August 2008, 21:23
Use PSP resolution and use lower bitrate 512kbps

duramaximus
2nd August 2008, 21:36

Thanks,

I will try that now :)

BTW, I love the proggy!!!!!!

loogmoo
3rd August 2008, 07:12
Except for a 20 minute video, my Vista64 (Intel Duo 3GB, 4GB Ram, 1TB HD) system everytime froze or rebooted while RipBot264 was running. I tried 5 or 6 different Blu-Ray rips.

Of 2 jobs, I kept the content of the temp directories. Which of this information shall I post here or put somewhere (where?) to get help?

Thanks - Loog Moo

Good morning!

As recommended, I have been running stress test now 2 times: 5 hours in a row and 12 hours in a row. Looks like the hardware works fine.

I am happy to giva any information necessary to get RipBot264 running. If you are interested, let me know where to beginn so we can find out why my PC freezes or reboots after running RipBot for some time.

My guess: One of the tools ued is the reason. Because during several tries, I do get separate video and audio files, but the whole process never ran through.

Regards - Loog Moo

gav1577
3rd August 2008, 14:30
Good morning!

As recommended, I have been running stress test now 2 times: 5 hours in a row and 12 hours in a row. Looks like the hardware works fine.

I am happy to giva any information necessary to get RipBot264 running. If you are interested, let me know where to beginn so we can find out why my PC freezes or reboots after running RipBot for some time.

My guess: One of the tools ued is the reason. Because during several tries, I do get separate video and audio files, but the whole process never ran through.

Regards - Loog Moo

Could be disc errors. It happened to me before causing reboots and crashes when encodeing movies. If using xp or vista preform a disc check on all drives tick automatically fix file system errors and scan for an attempt recovery of bad sectors. reboot your machine and let it run it may take a while

gav1577
3rd August 2008, 16:56
Quick question what is the normalize check box for within the audio options? normalize 100% 200% what does this option do ? thanks

~bT~
3rd August 2008, 21:43
Quick question what is the normalize check box for within the audio options? normalize 100% 200% what does this option do ? thanks

that option was intended for PSP IIRC.

dm1105
3rd August 2008, 21:49
dm1105, I think "BluBoy" had the same problem you describe. Did you try that suggestion you mention, and did it work?

I have read Blu-boy's only comment he ever had in this forum, and it seems that he and I have an identical problem. Unfortunately, it seems that nobody came to Blu-boy's aid. Maybe nobody knew what to say to him, or perhaps this is still an issue within the program...I don't know. But I do know that I did in fact use the "AssumeFPS -> 23.976" setting, but to no avail: the problem persists.

Interestingly enough, when I first acquired and played the MKV for the first time ever, which was a few days ago, it had the same problem the final Blu-ray movie has now: the video slowly drifted away from the audio. I corrected this by stretching the audio utilizing MKVmerge. It produced a copy of the MKV, only this time there was no A/V Sync issue. I discarded the original MKV and kept the new one, but oddly enough, the problem has returned.

duramaximus
3rd August 2008, 22:26

Atak,

I tried the above settings and the Ipod still will not play it. This time I used "Jumper" as a test.

I was able to point to the file within "ITunes" and say convert but would much rather use your proggy instead :)

Here is what MediaInfo says.....

General #0
Complete name : C:\JUMPER.mp4
File size : 407 MiB
PlayTime : 1h 28mn
Bit rate : 643 Kbps
StreamSize : 1.68 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-02 18:38:36
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-03 12:21:08

Video #0
Bit rate : 512 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 3871 Kbps
Width : 480 pixels
Height : 272 pixels
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.164
StreamSize : 324 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-02 18:38:36
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-02 18:39:41

Audio #0
StreamSize : 81.3 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-02 18:39:14
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-03 12:21:08

Chapters #0
2 : 00:04:21.094 -
3 : 00:07:52.555 -
4 : 00:12:35.713 -
5 : 00:15:08.699 -
6 : 00:17:46.983 -
7 : 00:22:51.787 -
8 : 00:25:51.467 -
9 : 00:28:57.235 -
10 : 00:31:46.988 -
11 : 00:32:57.058 -
12 : 00:36:18.093 -
13 : 00:39:47.719 -
14 : 00:43:16.093 -
15 : 00:48:45.256 -
16 : 00:50:59.723 -
17 : 00:54:52.122 -
18 : 00:59:19.806 -
19 : 01:02:18.902 -
20 : 01:07:39.847 -
21 : 01:12:52.577 -
22 : 01:17:11.585 -
23 : 01:20:46.800 -
24 : 01:23:56.198 -
25 : 01:28:29.054 -

duramaximus
3rd August 2008, 22:31
Here is the output of the ITunes converted file.

General #0
Complete name : C:\JUMPER.m4v
File size : 870 MiB
Bit rate : 1375 Kbps
StreamSize : 2.14 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-03 21:04:50
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-03 13:06:14

Video #0
Codec profile : Baseline@L2.1
Bit rate : 1247 Kbps
Width : 480 pixels
Height : 272 pixels
Frame rate mode : VFR
Minimum frame rate : 13.953 fps
Maximum frame rate : 25.000 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.398
StreamSize : 789 MiB
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-03 20:25:08
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-03 21:06:13

Audio #0
Bit rate mode : CBR
Bit rate : 125 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 128 Kbps
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
StreamSize : 79.1 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-03 20:25:08
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-03 13:06:14

gav1577
3rd August 2008, 22:32
that option was intended for PSP IIRC.

Thanks for the answer :)

Atak_Snajpera
3rd August 2008, 22:42
@duramaximus
set avc level to 2.1 and use 1 ref frame

duramaximus
3rd August 2008, 22:54
@duramaximus

Will do. I'm on it!

dm1105
4th August 2008, 00:43
I'm currently on a business trip, but I will return home tomorrow. When I do, I will take a different MKV, encode & convert it into a Blu-ray disc. Hopefully, the resultant disc won't have A/V Sync issues.

I'm pretty sure that the fact that the the Blu-ray disc I created using RipBot had A/V Sync issues was merely a fluke. I'm sure that I will get a more promising result using an MKV that had no problems with it to start with. Still, I appreciate all the suggestions that I have received so far. And if anyone has a suggestion as to correct my A/V Sync issue, I would be glad to hear it. After all, we're all here to learn.

Ajax_Undone
4th August 2008, 03:38
http://www.mediafire.com/?nowoyyy4n9t

Ok one small bug fixed as far as selectable location is concerned... Is Fixed

This installer also includes a newr build of the updater with updated url info. Right now I am working on an xml base to allow updating of RipBot based on version info also working on FFD and Haali inclusive as well...

fib0by
4th August 2008, 07:16
The x264 options for Blu-Ray used by the current version of RipBot (1.10.4) are less than ideal. I made two movies so far, first one is played fine by the PS3, the second one the image freezes every few seconds, when there's a lot of motion or a scene change. There might be more to it than just that, but one difference is that the first movie looks softer and there's less motion.

The current (1.10.4) Blu-Ray x264 options in RipBot are similar to the Blu-Ray preset in Sharktooth's archive of MeGUI presets:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139765

But the problem is this: RipBot's "Blu-Ray" profile is in reality for AVCHD disks, not for Blu-Ray. That's because the disk size target is 8150 MB, which indicates an AVCHD disk (2-layer DVD) not Blu-Ray (BD disk, 25 GB).

There's no doubt about that: the PS3 recognizes the 2-layer DVD as an AVCHD disk, not as a BD.

The difference between BD and AVCHD is that the AVCHD standard only allows for smaller max bitrate and smaller buffer size. In creating AVCHD disks with a Blu-Ray encoding profile, RipBot violates the AVCHD standard.

And that's exactly what happens on my PS3. The freezing stuttering image is exactly what happens with a decoder overwhelmed by a too high bitrate or a too high buffer size. It looks at the physical support, it sees it's a DVD, so it expects an MPEG4 stream compatible with AVCHD. Instead, it gets a BD-compatible stream, at a higher max bitrate.

Here's the proof: I encoded the same movie with MeGUI, using Sharktooth's Standalone-AVC-HD preset. Then muxed and authored the disk with tsmuxer. This time it worked very well, no stuttering.

Here are the x264 options generated by the AVCHD preset (slightly edited for privacy):

x264.exe --pass 1 --bitrate 8045 --stats job1.stats --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 1 --partitions none --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 16500 --qcomp 0.5 --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL job1.avs --mvrange 511 --aud --nal-hrd --sar 1:1

x264.exe --pass 2 --bitrate 8045 --stats job1.stats --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 16500 --qcomp 0.5 --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output job1.264 job1.avs --mvrange 511 --aud --nal-hrd --sar 1:1

As you can see, it uses smaller values for bufsize and maxrate than RipBot. As a result, the video is played just fine by the PS3. The image quality is not worse than with the Blu-Ray profile. The encoding speed is about the same.

There are some other differences, e.g. MeGUI doesn't generate a video file in the first pass, it just sends the output to NUL, which is faster.

Conclusion: if the target is DVD (8150 MB or less), an AVCHD profile must be used, with the lower maxrate and all that stuff. Otherwise it may create a disk that cannot be played on some (all?) standalone players.

If the target would be true Blu-Ray (25 GB) then fine, use a bigger buffer and maxrate if you wish.

duramaximus
4th August 2008, 15:07
@duramaximus

IT WORKED!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Summary......

480 x 270 resized
512kbps bitrate
2.1 AVC level
1 ref frame

Do I have to set this everytime I want to encode a IPOD video or can I save it somewhere?

Again, thanks for the great program and all your help.

deets
4th August 2008, 17:34
i have a question for a friend :) hes thinking about getting a PS3 as a media device, mainly for blu ray playback and DVD etc. how easy is it to encode a ps3 friendly format using ripbot, could i then copy it to a dvd or would he need a hard drive or large memory stick etc? sorry for the noob questions :)

bigggt
4th August 2008, 18:37
Is there any profile that i could use to make 1 video that will play on a IPOD nano and a PSP

thanks

~bT~
4th August 2008, 21:59
Do I have to set this everytime I want to encode a IPOD video or can I save it somewhere?

go into the profiles folder and edit it the required profile, then save.

Atak_Snajpera
5th August 2008, 00:49
IT WORKED!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Summary......

480 x 270 resized
512kbps bitrate
2.1 AVC level
1 ref frame

Tell me which file is working on your ipod
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?py6jwxlzrfc
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ysdfjpnm613

i have a question for a friend hes thinking about getting a PS3 as a media device, mainly for blu ray playback and DVD etc. how easy is it to encode a ps3 friendly format using ripbot, could i then copy it to a dvd or would he need a hard drive or large memory stick etc? sorry for the noob questions
PS3 supports mp4 (avc+aac) , m2ts (avc+ac3) , blu-ray structure from DVD-R/RW/usb memory

jamd1
5th August 2008, 09:31
The x264 options for Blu-Ray used by the current version of RipBot (1.10.4) are less than ideal. I made two movies so far, first one is played fine by the PS3, the second one the image freezes every few seconds, when there's a lot of motion or a scene change. There might be more to it than just that, but one difference is that the first movie looks softer and there's less motion.

The current (1.10.4) Blu-Ray x264 options in RipBot are similar to the Blu-Ray preset in Sharktooth's archive of MeGUI presets:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139765

But the problem is this: RipBot's "Blu-Ray" profile is in reality for AVCHD disks, not for Blu-Ray. That's because the disk size target is 8150 MB, which indicates an AVCHD disk (2-layer DVD) not Blu-Ray (BD disk, 25 GB).

There's no doubt about that: the PS3 recognizes the 2-layer DVD as an AVCHD disk, not as a BD.

The difference between BD and AVCHD is that the AVCHD standard only allows for smaller max bitrate and smaller buffer size. In creating AVCHD disks with a Blu-Ray encoding profile, RipBot violates the AVCHD standard.

And that's exactly what happens on my PS3. The freezing stuttering image is exactly what happens with a decoder overwhelmed by a too high bitrate or a too high buffer size. It looks at the physical support, it sees it's a DVD, so it expects an MPEG4 stream compatible with AVCHD. Instead, it gets a BD-compatible stream, at a higher max bitrate.

Here's the proof: I encoded the same movie with MeGUI, using Sharktooth's Standalone-AVC-HD preset. Then muxed and authored the disk with tsmuxer. This time it worked very well, no stuttering.

Here are the x264 options generated by the AVCHD preset (slightly edited for privacy):

x264.exe --pass 1 --bitrate 8045 --stats job1.stats --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 1 --partitions none --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 16500 --qcomp 0.5 --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL job1.avs --mvrange 511 --aud --nal-hrd --sar 1:1

x264.exe --pass 2 --bitrate 8045 --stats job1.stats --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 16500 --qcomp 0.5 --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output job1.264 job1.avs --mvrange 511 --aud --nal-hrd --sar 1:1

As you can see, it uses smaller values for bufsize and maxrate than RipBot. As a result, the video is played just fine by the PS3. The image quality is not worse than with the Blu-Ray profile. The encoding speed is about the same.

There are some other differences, e.g. MeGUI doesn't generate a video file in the first pass, it just sends the output to NUL, which is faster.

Conclusion: if the target is DVD (8150 MB or less), an AVCHD profile must be used, with the lower maxrate and all that stuff. Otherwise it may create a disk that cannot be played on some (all?) standalone players.

If the target would be true Blu-Ray (25 GB) then fine, use a bigger buffer and maxrate if you wish.

Interesting but I don't agree about using tsmuxer. I have made 50+ bluray rips with ripbot - all for ps3 use. Rips( dvd5 and dvd9 ) made soley using ripbot encoding and muxing all play perfectly without stuttering. If I use tsmuxer either before or after a ripbot encode the resulting AVCHD stutters and plays poorly. (DVD5 i use a bitrate 3500-6000 - DVD9 i use a bitrate 6500-9000 ).

Atak - could you include an option to cut the movie length in the next release - i.e. to remove credits and therefore allow more space for the main part of the movie? (Using tsmuxer on a ripbotted file causes playback problems).

dm1105
5th August 2008, 13:32
The following question goes out to the knowledgeable:

Is there any way for RipBot to continue from where it left off with the encoding process after the computer shuts off during a power outage?

Such is my dilemma. I only had under two hours left in the encoding process using RipBot when suddenly the power goes out. It was only a matter of time when the uninterruptible power supply ran out of battery power to run my computer.

Thanks.

~bT~
5th August 2008, 13:36
^ if u still have the temp files and finished 1st pass (assuming it was 2 pass) then just go to the temp folder and double click the 2nd pass batch file. once that's completed, you will need to click on mux batch file too.

dm1105
5th August 2008, 14:22
Thank you for your helpful advice ~bT~, but I decided to start the project all over again before I was able to receive your response. However, I don't feel too bad because I meant to put subtitles into the movie the first time around, and now I have the chance to do so.

I now know what to do the next time this ever occurs. Thank you again.

Mike_111
5th August 2008, 15:41
Tell me which file is working on your ipod
On my iPhone 3G 2.0:

LV21_3ref.mp4
Pop-up on the iPhone "This movie format is not supported"

LV30_1ref.mp4
works

But on the other side, i converted at least a few dozen videos with the default iPhone profile (level 3.0 with 3 r-frames) and can watch them on the iPhone with SW 2.0. Strange thing.

deets
5th August 2008, 16:48
PS3 supports mp4 (avc+aac) , m2ts (avc+ac3) , blu-ray structure from DVD-R/RW/usb memory

great thanks :)

dbone1026
6th August 2008, 02:48
Atak - first off, great program. I have been able to convert several Blu Rays into MKVs without a problem. I just recently ripped 30 Days Of Night (Blu Ray) to my HDD. I am now trying to use Ripbot to create an MKV, and I get the following error message during the demuxing:

"FFmpegSource: Couldn't open c:\temp\Ripbot264temp\job1\video.mkv (C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Any idea what this error message is, as I mentioned I have been able to use Ripbot264 in the past without any problems. I am simply selecting the main m2ts file. For the Blu Ray Structure, the m2ts file shows up under playlist, Chapters: 16 Chapters; Video: h264/AVC 1080p24/1.001 (16:9) ; Audio: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 Channels, 48khz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ajax_Undone
6th August 2008, 03:24
http://www.mediafire.com/?taajamaaaaa

All those using the latest installer can use the Updater to download the latest version of RipBot264...

turbojet
6th August 2008, 03:31
I notice --nal-hrd is back in 1.10.5 is this because of a compatibility issue?

Personally I've tested most of the main stream players and it didn't make a difference with or without --nal-hrd during playback and seeking. I wouldn't be bringing it up except I've noticed it uses quite a few bits, thus lowering the available bits for the video in 2 pass mode or signifigantly raising the size in CRF (5-10% larger in the few clips I tested)

Also looks like you were able to test out P4x4, nice to see, I was only able to test on 2 players so far and there wasn't a problem.

Removing --aud also worked fine on the 2 players as long as picture timing info and SPS/PPS were checked in TSMuxer, without these 2 there was seeking issues. I don't notice any signifigant change by using --aud except a a few bits to the bitstream but insignifigant.

womble2
6th August 2008, 09:16
go into the profiles folder and edit it the required profile, then save.

But as far as I know, not everything could be stored in the profile, for example the resize option, or am I wrong ?

~bT~
6th August 2008, 14:18
^ u are correct as these profiles only hold encoder settings (x264).

Ajax_Undone
6th August 2008, 20:24
You know you can make your own profiles... Just because you have presets does not mean you have to use them...

Cropping and resize are taken care of by by AVIsynth

Atak_Snajpera
6th August 2008, 23:49
Atak - first off, great program. I have been able to convert several Blu Rays into MKVs without a problem. I just recently ripped 30 Days Of Night (Blu Ray) to my HDD. I am now trying to use Ripbot to create an MKV, and I get the following error message during the demuxing:

"FFmpegSource: Couldn't open c:\temp\Ripbot264temp\job1\video.mkv (C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Any idea what this error message is, as I mentioned I have been able to use Ripbot264 in the past without any problems. I am simply selecting the main m2ts file. For the Blu Ray Structure, the m2ts file shows up under playlist, Chapters: 16 Chapters; Video: h264/AVC 1080p24/1.001 (16:9) ; Audio: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 Channels, 48khz.

show me what you have in video - Log.txt

jamd1
7th August 2008, 07:49
Nice addition of subtitle demuxing - Can you add a .sup subtitle remux as well. (I know there are problems if the video resolution is changed but otherwise original .sup files work fine on the ripbotted file.) Thx.

dbone1026
8th August 2008, 02:17

Atak - Where would I find the log text, I looked in the Log folder under RipBot264v1.10.5 folder where the application is and there is nothing? Thanks

dvgeek
8th August 2008, 02:45
Atak - As many have said, great program!

I'm having trouble with one of my TS files - I'm getting a message "No video sequence header found", then "No data. Check your PIDS." I'm able to open the same TS file with DGAVCIndex.exe and am able to demux video and audio.

This is a H264 transport stream and every tool I have can open this - TSPE, TSRemux. Even displays with GraphEdit. Can you please help?

Thanks.

~bT~
8th August 2008, 02:49
^ provide a sample.

dbone1026
8th August 2008, 02:50

Atak - I found the video log, it appears maybe I have a bad rip?

eac3to v2.56
command line: "C:\Users\Damian\Desktop\RipBot264v1.10.5\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\Users\Damian\Videos\DVD Backup\30_DAYS_OF_NIGHT\" 1) 2:"G:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 9 subtitle tracks, 1:53:06
1: Chapters, 16 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz
4: TrueHD/AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 48khz
5: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, Thai, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz
7: AC3, Portuguese, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -28dB
8: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), English
11: Subtitle (PGS), French
12: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
13: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
14: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
15: Subtitle (PGS), Chinese
16: Subtitle (PGS), Thai
17: Subtitle (PGS), English
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[v02] This TS/M2TS file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).
Aborted at file position 23341580288.

dvgeek
8th August 2008, 03:22
^ provide a sample.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=156ed69610e976b195af63b7d44918aaeb5eeaa843909e94

redhat_Gizmo
8th August 2008, 10:21
Thanks Happy To See a Non .Net Gui One que Why

removing Codec Packs is Strictly necessary??

Atak_Snajpera
8th August 2008, 12:37
[v02] This TS/M2TS file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).
Aborted at file position 23341580288.

Here is your answer

Atak - As many have said, great program!

I'm having trouble with one of my TS files - I'm getting a message "No video sequence header found", then "No data. Check your PIDS." I'm able to open the same TS file with DGAVCIndex.exe and am able to demux video and audio.

This is a H264 transport stream and every tool I have can open this - TSPE, TSRemux. Even displays with GraphEdit. Can you please help?

Thanks.
Remux your file in Tsmuxer. Then it will work. Unfortunetely current version of DGAVCDec (libavcodec) cannot proper decode that kind of interlaced stream. You will see blocks from time to time.

Pitbull_Raven
8th August 2008, 20:00
Why the hell does it always hang after encoding audio? It just sits there saying "Normalizing audio..." even after I have double checked that I have not selected it. And even if I have selected it. Anyone have a clue as to why this is happening and how to solve it? Oh, and btw, my Task Manager shows it's running BePipe for over an hour now and the total audio file is a little over 25 minutes, using a Core2Duo e6300. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

dvgeek
8th August 2008, 21:03
Here is your answer

Remux your file in Tsmuxer. Then it will work. Unfortunetely current version of DGAVCDec (libavcodec) cannot proper decode that kind of interlaced stream. You will see blocks from time to time.

Thanks Atak - Will do and report back.

dbone1026
8th August 2008, 21:33
Here is your answer

Atak - thanks. So just to clarify, I should remux the file with TSMuxer so I get a 264/AVC video file and an AC3 audio file. I would then use Ripbot, feed the individual video and audio file in to create the MKV? Sorry if this is a question you have answered many times, I really haven't needed to use TsMuxer more then a couple of times as Ripbot has handled everything I have thrown at it so far.

Atak_Snajpera
8th August 2008, 21:40
mpeg4.ts -> mpeg4_new.ts

dm1105
8th August 2008, 22:26
I recently added subtitles to a Blu-Ray movie I created using RipBot. I selected two different subtitles: one English and the other Spanish (and in that order).

However, whenever I attempt to choose the English subtitles on the Blu-ray movie, nothing shows up. The Spanish subtitles are the only ones that can be displayed.

I decided to use MediaInfo to see if the English subtitles were even placed into the movie to begin with. They were. However, I found something odd in the information it gave me about the subtitles. Here is the info I gathered concerning the subtiltes:

Text #1
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : PGS
Video delay : 52mn 42s

Text #2
ID : 4609 (0x1201)
Format : PGS
Language : Spanish

As you can see, there is a video delay on the English subtitles. Suggestions?

Atak_Snajpera
8th August 2008, 22:46
Send me english subtitles (.srt file)

Cornflower
8th August 2008, 23:01
I can't run RipBot, since MP4box crashes when I try to open the input file. It's an mp4, it's 3.6 Gb and Windows Media Player says it contains the following:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1136x640 [Video]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 1536Kbps [Audio]

What's wrong?
I've tried removing codec packs, still no go.
Are there size limits? Limits on filenames?

I start RipBot, try to load the file, MP4box crashes and RipBot says the audio is missing. I have no logs.

Oh, and how do I update all the tools used by RipBot?

pjo
9th August 2008, 03:03
Hi! I am trying to encode m2ts into H.264.
RipBot264v1.10.5
ffdshow_rev2063_20080804_clsid
Vista

Other required componets are installed.

An m2ts file is loaded ok.
Audio is AAC.

Finished, created .m2ts, not mp4.
I checked "save as mp4" in the menu.

The log is attached.

Any other components are missing ?

edit--------------
I forgot to change the default output directory. In Vista C: cannot be used.
I changed it to p:, now it is ok. mp4 is created.
But with no audio. Is AAC 2ch audio in m2ts not supported ?

Atak_Snajpera
9th August 2008, 07:03
Where did you get .m2ts with AAC audio? I have newer seen blu-ray/AVCHD video with AAC audio.

pjo
9th August 2008, 07:26
Where did you get .m2ts with AAC audio? I have newer seen blu-ray/AVCHD video with AAC audio.

In Japan, HiVision(High Definition) SAT broadcast is m2ts and AAC 2ch or 5.1ch.

I read that it can be done with RipBot264. Many users did that. But not here.

pjo
9th August 2008, 09:18
This time .m2ts is converted to .ts with AAC audio using tsMuxeR. The resulting .ts is palyed ok with sound with VLC.
Then .ts is fed into RipBot264. The resulting mp4 does not have sound when played with VLC or SMPlayer.

Does the AAC has to be remuxed and converted to AC-3 or wav for RipBot264 to encode in H.264 ?

pjo

dbone1026
9th August 2008, 13:27
mpeg4.ts -> mpeg4_new.ts

Atak - Hello. I muxed the file to .ts using TSMuxer (I down converted the DTS audio stream to AC3 as i think that is what may have been causing the issue). WHen I then use the new .TS file with Ripbot, Ripbot tells me there is no audio source available, only video to convert. Do I have to convert the video using Ripbot, then use TSMuxer to get the AC3 stream, and use MKVMerge to then get the Audio stream with the Ripbot video file in MKV? Thanks

pjvader
9th August 2008, 18:36
is it possible in any way to add more than one video (i want to create a trailer disc in blu structure) i cant find a way of adding more than one video
or if that isnt possible if i merge them all into one file is there a way of changing the chaptering to make each trailer a seperate chapter?
love the prog btw U GENIUS!!:)

Sophocles
9th August 2008, 21:53
Atak_Snajpera

Nice work! I've made several successful backups to type 5 and 9 Blu-Ray, and now I'm working on converting HD DVD to BD. I had to drop in and give you credit where it's due. This is truly a great and successful effort on your part. I'm curious. I live in Florida where the weather is sometimes volatile. I had previously finished the remuxing stage which I minimize until bedtime, but a power outage that lasted for almost two hours wiped it out. Would it be possible to add a way to save the setup stage for later re-encoding in such cases? If not no big deal, it's still a great addition to the world video backup. HLG

Atak_Snajpera
10th August 2008, 00:10
In Japan, HiVision(High Definition) SAT broadcast is m2ts and AAC 2ch or 5.1ch.
Send me sample ~50MB (original .m2ts file)

Atak - Hello. I muxed the file to .ts using TSMuxer (I down converted the DTS audio stream to AC3 as i think that is what may have been causing the issue). WHen I then use the new .TS file with Ripbot, Ripbot tells me there is no audio source available, only video to convert. Do I have to convert the video using Ripbot, then use TSMuxer to get the AC3 stream, and use MKVMerge to then get the Audio stream with the Ripbot video file in MKV? Thanks
For god sake! You were supposed to remux whole broken ts file without even touching audio! New TS file must have the same streams!

pjo
10th August 2008, 05:38
This time .m2ts is converted to .ts with AAC audio using tsMuxeR. The resulting .ts is palyed ok with sound with VLC.
Then .ts is fed into RipBot264. The resulting mp4 does not have sound when played with VLC or SMPlayer.

Does the AAC has to be remuxed and converted to AC-3 or wav for RipBot264 to encode in H.264 ?

pjo

I was able to put AAC audio into mp4.
The original .m2ts with aac was converted to .ts with tsMuxeR.
.ts was remuxed to .mpv and .aac with tsMuxeR.
.ts and .aac were fed into RipBot264 and mp4 was created which has audio.

If the resolution is set to 1280, .mp4 is played smoothly with VLC and SMPlayer.
But if the resolution is set to 1980 ( the original is 1980) , VLC and SMPlayer cannot play it smoothly. Audio is ok.

This PC is dual core 2.4GHz with 3GB RAM. The .mp4 file is stored in eSATA drive. OS is Vista.

Looking at Performance Monitor, CPU load goes up to 80% at the peak.

Does this mean that this PC is incapable of playing 1980 mp4 smoothly ?
Or is there any workaroound ? Will other H.264 codec improve playing performance ?

Please respond to these questions.

pjo

Ajax_Undone
10th August 2008, 06:07
Depends on screen resolution and the capability of your video card I'd think...

dvgeek
10th August 2008, 06:23
Here is your answer

Atak - Remuxed and now RipBot264 can open the file - but only the video field is populated in the Encoding settings. Do I select the same file (TS) for Audio or demux the Audio into AC3 and then add that file into the Audio field?

Thanks.

pjo
10th August 2008, 06:47
Depends on screen resolution and the capability of your video card I'd think...

Thanks for your post.

The Graphic Card is NVIDIA 8600 GT with 256MB video RAM.

The desktop resolution is 1920x1200. Changing it to 1280x1024 does not improve.

Please recommend better graphics card, 8700 or 8800 ?

Ajax_Undone
10th August 2008, 07:00
I think 8600GT might be a little slow but I am unaware of its specs... Does the video play at 1920x1200 before encoding...

8ternity
10th August 2008, 07:18
Thanks for your post.

The Graphic Card is NVIDIA 8600 GT with 256MB video RAM.

The desktop resolution is 1920x1200. Changing it to 1280x1024 does not improve.

Please recommend better graphics card, 8700 or 8800 ?

I have exactly that video card and an HP 22" LCD 1680x1050 and the screen quality are verry good.

What i can suggest you, check if your monitor has good (LCD with 5ms and less for sure, high quality 1680 new generation) and the last recommandation, Don't Use VLC player, video is not the same has "PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra". I have tested many software. Try to read with "Media Player Classic" was on the ripbot264/tools/mpc folders.

Seriously, you must have an very up to date pc! I have an Blu-ray player and two 8600GT in SLI and quality is verry nice!

Try with PowerDVD 8.0 !!! :o i have experience many softwares and PowerDVD 8.0 has an HARDWARE acceleration for nvidia cars are helpfull for video playback with HDCP compliant.

8ternity
10th August 2008, 07:24
I think 8600GT might be a little slow but I am unaware of its specs... Does the video play at 1920x1200 before encoding...

I have that card and the only one think i can comment is i don't think the videocard will make difference for video quality. Not about 8600GT and 8700GT... some little difference but don't sure it can be visible.

Personnally my setup are equalized. 4GB DDR2 800mhz at Dual Kit, 2x SATA2 raid configuration for speed support, and 8600GT pci-e. What i have seen, it could depend with which software he used and monitor lcd generation. 1680x1050 last year generation are more helpfull for playing HD contents, pixel are ultra fine and more details.

pjo
10th August 2008, 07:39
Thanks all who commented !

The LCD is Ben-Q HDCP compliant one. It plays 1920 HD .m2ts with PowerDVD 7.3 very smoothly.

.mp4 created by RipBot264 (1980 HD) has problem.

I installed Media Player Classic and FRAPS, now the .mp4 (1980 HD) is played very smoothly, 30fps max.

So 8600GT is not a problem and the 2.4GHz Dual Core is not a problem. The problem is in the VLC H.264 decoder. The LCD monitor is not a problem.

BTW PowerDVD 7.3 cannot play this .mp4. The original .m2ts is played ok.

Is the Media Player Classic the only player which uses ffdshow ?

jeffy
10th August 2008, 08:04
I have exactly that video card and an HP 22" LCD 1680x1050 and the screen quality are verry good.

Seriously, you must have an very up to date pc! I have an Blu-ray player and two 8600GT in SLI and quality is verry nice!

Doesn't pjo have only one card and doesn't it change the situation?

Ajax_Undone
10th August 2008, 09:14
Thanks all who commented !

The LCD is Ben-Q HDCP compliant one. It plays 1920 HD .m2ts with PowerDVD 7.3 very smoothly.

.mp4 created by RipBot264 (1980 HD) has problem.

I installed Media Player Classic and FRAPS, now the .mp4 (1980 HD) is played very smoothly, 30fps max.

So 8600GT is not a problem and the 2.4GHz Dual Core is not a problem. The problem is in the VLC H.264 decoder. The LCD monitor is not a problem.

BTW PowerDVD 7.3 cannot play this .mp4. The original .m2ts is played ok.

Is the Media Player Classic the only player which uses ffdshow ?

No there is a plethora of players out there that use DirectShow & filters/codecs like FFDshow! VLC usually comes with all codecs pre-configured for paying the video's that it supports I do not know of its abilities because I've never gone as far as to use it for anything in Video encoding...

Any directshow media player can and if installed will likely use FFDshow to play the file.. FDD being the codec Directshow being the method of image transport...

pjo
10th August 2008, 12:29
No there is a plethora of players out there that use DirectShow & filters/codecs like FFDshow! VLC usually comes with all codecs pre-configured for paying the video's that it supports I do not know of its abilities because I've never gone as far as to use it for anything in Video encoding...

Any directshow media player can and if installed will likely use FFDshow to play the file.. FDD being the codec Directshow being the method of image transport...

I am curious to try other DirectShow player.
Some examples please.

~bT~
10th August 2008, 12:40
^ it is not the GFX card, i have the same card too.

it must be the renderer/codec used. use MPC-HC or KMPlayer that should do the job fine.

pjo
10th August 2008, 13:27
^ it is not the GFX card, i have the same card too.

it must be the renderer/codec used. use MPC-HC or KMPlayer that should do the job fine.

Thanks. KMPlayer does not accept .m2ts.

----------------------
edit
correction
KMPlayer is able to play m2ts with AAC audio.

curtis_mccauley
11th August 2008, 00:48
Atak: Thanks for a real gem of a utility, which has been a great timesaver for me.

I have run into a minor issue with encoding from NTSC DVDs which have several television episodes combined in a single VOB file. For example, Futurama Volume 1 Disc 1 (US) contains four episodes, all of which are stored in VTS_04_{0,1,2,3,4,5}.VOB as four separate program chains (PGCs). As near as I can tell, the most popular utility for spliting a VOB into separate PGCs is pgc.NET. (I have version 2.0.0.0 which appears to be the most recent version.) I can use pgc.NET to strip out the appropriate program chain, which it stores in a separate file, e.g., VTS_04_PGC_01_1.VOB in the case of episode 1. The VOB file created by pgc.NET contains just the single episode represented by the selected program chain.

The problem is this. Futurama is interlaced, and the episodes look like crap without de-interlacing. If in RipBot, I select the whole VOB file, I am able to select deinterlace and decimate via the video properties button. The downside is that all four episodes are joined together, and I cannot select just the one episode I want.

On the other hand, if I select the single-episode VOB file created by pgc.NET, the options to deinterlace and to decimate are disabled (greyed out) so that I cannot activate them. If I had to guess, it looks like pgc.NET may not be copying certain information into the single episode (or single program chain) file, so maybe RipBot does not recognize that the video is interlaced.

If anyone can help with the above issue, I would very much appreciate it.

~bT~
11th August 2008, 02:13
^ all i can advise you is to use megui for dvd's or fairuse (http://bt.dvd-guides.com/How%20to%20rip%20episodic%20DVDs.htm)
http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/

rb264 is gr8 for hd stuff but i didn't find it easy for episodic dvd.

mmmmdonut
11th August 2008, 03:10
Or use Handbrake. For Futurama I believe you want to leave the deinterlacer settings alone and use the vfr setting.

SparKeyD
11th August 2008, 13:14
I wrote a post before but I still want to say again, THANK YOU! for your continued updates. This software keeps getting better & better and I know it takes a lot of time and effort on your part and I just wanted to tell you that I'm still using it and I do Appreciate your time & effort to continue the updates!!

duramaximus
11th August 2008, 14:29
[QUOTE=Atak_Snajpera;1166673]Tell me which file is working on your ipod

Atak,

The first one does not play but the second one did.

duramaximus
11th August 2008, 14:31
I wrote a post before but I still want to say again, THANK YOU! for your continued updates. This software keeps getting better & better and I know it takes a lot of time and effort on your part and I just wanted to tell you that I'm still using it and I do Appreciate your time & effort to continue the updates!!

I also want to thank you for this awesome program.

The subtitle option in the latest release is a great suprise.

:thanks:

duramaximus
11th August 2008, 15:32
Atak,

Just one quick question for you.

I am trying to make a BD9 of No Country for Old Men with the latest release v1.10.5.

I picked the english option for subtitles at the first pop-up screen.

Will these subtitles be automatically demuxed into the movie or do I have to do something else after picking the correct language from the first pop-up screen?

Thanks

leemjas
11th August 2008, 16:06
IS there a way having the subtitles switchable on the PS3 by using Ripbot. I have tried and all i can achieve is that the subtitles are embedded with the movie.

Atak_Snajpera
11th August 2008, 17:19
Will these subtitles be automatically demuxed into the movie or do I have to do something else after picking the correct language from the first pop-up screen?

Thanks
At the moment subtitles will be only demuxed to temp folder. Use SUPread to convert .sup file to .srt

On the other hand, if I select the single-episode VOB file created by pgc.NET, the options to deinterlace and to decimate are disabled (greyed out) so that I cannot activate them.
Those options are disabled if source has already 23.976fps.(FILM)
BTW. Could you send me 50MB sample ? (untouched VTS_04_1.VOB ). It seams that pgc.NET correctly detected original fps but not RipBot :( (29.97fps instead of 23.976)

leemjas
11th August 2008, 19:27
IS there a way ripbot can be configured to have selectable subtitles rather than "burning them in" the movie on the PS3?

curtis_mccauley
11th August 2008, 20:08
Those options are disabled if source has already 23.976fps.(FILM)
BTW. Could you send me 50MB sample ? (untouched VTS_04_1.VOB ). It seams that pgc.NET correctly detected original fps but not RipBot :( (29.97fps instead of 23.976)

I have sent you a PM with download information for VTS_04_1.VOB and some other files that might help diagnose the problem. :thanks:

duramaximus
11th August 2008, 20:21
[QUOTE=Atak_Snajpera;1169355]At the moment subtitles will be only demuxed to temp folder. Use SUPread to convert .sup file to .srt

Where is the temp folder located?

duramaximus
11th August 2008, 20:26
Where is the temp folder located?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, found it :)

Atak_Snajpera
11th August 2008, 22:37
rb264 is gr8 for hd stuff but i didn't find it easy for episodic dvd.
For episodic dvds I use DVDFab Decrypter. It allows user to select which episode should be copied on hard drive. For normal movies I use AnyDVD (decrypting in real time is very usefull)

jamd1
11th August 2008, 23:14
IS there a way ripbot can be configured to have selectable subtitles rather than "burning them in" the movie on the PS3?

If you are ripping the video file at the same resolution as the original file then the resulting .m2ts will play the demuxed subtitles properly. For some reason Atak has chosen not to do this at the moment . But you can manually edit the tsmuxer.meta file in your ripbot264temp\job1 directory. Add this to the end of the file with a text editor (notepad):

S_HDMV/PGS, "F:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\xxxx.sup", fps=23.976

Where xxxx.sup is the name of your subtitle and F is the drive where the temp files are stored.

Note that if you are downsampling the movie from say 1920 to 720 the subtitles will appear garbled. The only way to add subtitles to a downsampled rip is by first converting to .srt ( which is a painstaking process). If a movie has lots of subtitles I keep the original resolution and remux as above.

survivant001
12th August 2008, 03:32
I have a video 15fps, I convert it to mkv, but in the command line you put 24fps for muxing. I just edit it to put 15 and my video is sync.

here the logs :

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("D:\DVD-convertion\converting\temp\movie.avs",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\RipBot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\BassAudio\BassAudio.dll")
audio=BassAudioSource("D:\DVD\equipe-mp3.mp3")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#ColorSpace

"D:\DVD-tools\tools\RipBot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\movie.mkv" --default-duration 0:15fps -d 0 -A -S "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "D:\DVD\equipe-mp3.mp3" --title "Encoded in RipBot264 v1.10.5 "

movie.avs

LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\AddGrain.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\autocrop.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\aWarpSharp(Pruned).dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\blockbuster.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\cnr2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\ColorMatrix.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\Convolution3D.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\corrector.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\DctFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\Decomb.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\Deen.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\degrainmedian.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\dfttest.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\DGAVCDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\DGDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\DirectShowSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\EEDI2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\FFMpegSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\FFT3DFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\FluxSmooth.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\frfun7.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\hqdn3d.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\LeakKernelDeint.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\MaskTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\medianblur.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\MipSmooth.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\MSharpen.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\mt_masktools-25.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\mvtools.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\NicAudio.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\RemoveDirtS.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\RemoveGrainS.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\RepairS.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\SangNom.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\SimpleResize.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\SoundOut.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\TBilateral.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\TCPDeliver.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\TDeint.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\TIVTC.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\TomsMoComp.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\TTempSmooth.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\UnDot.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\UnFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\VSFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\warpsharp.dll")
#LoadPlugin("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\libfftw3f-3.dll")

#loadpluginstart

#test1

Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\BlindDeHalo3_mt2.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\colors_rgb.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\Deblock_QED_MT2.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\FastLineDarken 1.3 MT MOD.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\HybridFuPP.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\LanczosPlus.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\Lem.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\LimitedSharpenFaster.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\MCBob_v03c.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\MC_Spuds.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\mvbob.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\QMlib.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\seesaw.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\spresso.avsi")
Import("D:\DVD-tools\tools\AutoMKV0.96beta13\exe\filter\Udegrain.v8.08b.avsi")
#importstart

#test2

movie = directshowsource("D:\DVD\equipe39-bresil.MOV",fps=15.000015,convertfps=true,audio=false)
movie = isRGB(movie) ? ConvertToYV12(movie,interlaced=true) : movie
movie = isYUY2(movie) ? ConvertToYV12(movie,interlaced=true) : movie
function getOrder(clip c) {
order = GetParity(c) ? 1 : 0
Return order }
#filter1start

#test3

last = movie
fixed_aspect = 1.000000
fixed_aspect = 1.333333
out_width = 320
#Aspect_Error = 0.000%
out_height = 240
#resizestart

#test4

#filter2start

#test5

dfttest(tbsize=5)

malgates
12th August 2008, 09:20
Hi,

this is a realy great tool. didn't need more then 10 minutes to do my first encode.

now i have a problem with my apple tv. if i take a *.m2ts or a *.ts HD h.264 file and convert it with the apple tv setting the picture is juddering on the apple tv. even if i reduce resolution.

how can i solve this? is there a possibllity to reduce bandwith?

Regards :thanks:

leemjas
12th August 2008, 09:48
If you are ripping the video file at the same resolution as the original file then the resulting .m2ts will play the demuxed subtitles properly. For some reason Atak has chosen not to do this at the moment . But you can manually edit the tsmuxer.meta file in your ripbot264temp\job1 directory. Add this to the end of the file with a text editor (notepad):

S_HDMV/PGS, "F:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\xxxx.sup", fps=23.976

Where xxxx.sup is the name of your subtitle and F is the drive where the temp files are stored.

Note that if you are downsampling the movie from say 1920 to 720 the subtitles will appear garbled. The only way to add subtitles to a downsampled rip is by first converting to .srt ( which is a painstaking process). If a movie has lots of subtitles I keep the original resolution and remux as above.

I am talking about an .MKV file using the 2 pass option (with lock size+ blu ray format) and not the actual ripping.

malgates
12th August 2008, 10:05
Hi,

this is a realy great tool. didn't need more then 10 minutes to do my first encode.

now i have a problem with my apple tv. if i take a *.m2ts or a *.ts HD h.264 file and convert it with the apple tv setting the picture is juddering on the apple tv. even if i reduce resolution.

Regards :thanks:

Okay tried to reduce the bandwith with a higher value of cq like 24. gave me a smaller file, but no viewable improvement.

I also tried 2pass with 4kbps. also no improvement there. can anyone help? who tried converting hdtv to apple tv?

dbone1026
12th August 2008, 10:35
Send me sample ~50MB (original .m2ts file)

For god sake! You were supposed to remux whole broken ts file without even touching audio! New TS file must have the same streams!

Atak - stupid on my part. I was able to remux without touching Audio, and after that Ripbot worked like a charm. As always, thanks for your help

mmmmdonut
12th August 2008, 16:03
I've been working on Rambo 2 and keep getting an audio sync issue. I've tried both the DTS HD MA track as well as the English AC3 5.1 track and both outputs have the same audio sync issue. I am currently trying to set the audio delay and was wondering if there is a systematic way to try and gauge the correct delay versus taking a random guess.

Thanks for the help. I do have project files if anyone needs to see them. Profile used is the one for atv.

dbone1026
12th August 2008, 16:27
Here is a quick question I thought I would ask if anyone has any insight. To create a 1080p MKV (4.1 Blu Ray Console setting in Ripbot), does the source file have to be a blu ray/hd-dvd 1080p, or can you take a standard DVD and upconvert it to 1080p (or some hi def equivalent)?

Atak_Snajpera
12th August 2008, 17:00
Hi,

Regards

Send me source file (~50MB) and encoded file (www.mediafire.com)

I've been working on Rambo 2 and keep getting an audio sync issue. I've tried both the DTS HD MA track as well as the English AC3 5.1 track and both outputs have the same audio sync issue. I am currently trying to set the audio delay and was wondering if there is a systematic way to try and gauge the correct delay versus taking a random guess.

Thanks for the help. I do have project files if anyone needs to see them. Profile used is the one for atv.
Is delay constant?

Here is a quick question I thought I would ask if anyone has any insight. To create a 1080p MKV (4.1 Blu Ray Console setting in Ripbot), does the source file have to be a blu ray/hd-dvd 1080p, or can you take a standard DVD and upconvert it to 1080p (or some hi def equivalent)?
Upscaling is useless. It won't give you better quality (576p or 480p -> 1080p).

mmmmdonut
12th August 2008, 18:30
Atak - The delay appears to be constant versus slipping over the course of the film.

Thx

malgates
12th August 2008, 19:59
So here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?lld9i1chy3j

Thats some seconds of a transportstream, that i would like to convert.

thx

Pitbull_Raven
12th August 2008, 20:51
Why the hell does it always hang after encoding audio? It just sits there saying "Normalizing audio..." even after I have double checked that I have not selected it. And even if I have selected it. Anyone have a clue as to why this is happening and how to solve it? Oh, and btw, my Task Manager shows it's running BePipe for over an hour now and the total audio file is a little over 25 minutes, using a Core2Duo e6300. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I still haven't found a solution. Could anyone help out?

Atak_Snajpera
12th August 2008, 22:10
@malgates
Apple TV spec (http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html)
Video formats supported

* H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): Up to 5 Mbps, Progressive Main Profile (CAVLC)
with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps maximum resolution: 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps,
960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Modify Apple TV profile by adding Buffer Size = 5000 and Max Bitrate 5000. Use 2-pass encoding only with lower bitrate than 5Mbps.

dm1105
12th August 2008, 22:22
Pitbull_Raven:

I have read your post concerning the program just "hanging" and doing nothing after audio encoding. Unfortunately, I cannot help you in the matter, but I just wanted to let you know that I, as well many others, have read your post. I know how you feel. Nobody is ignoring you. The answer to your problem will come. Just remember that "pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional." Don't stress yourself out too much over this matter, my friend. :cool:

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

By the way, back in October 2007 you began a new thread entitled "No Audio / Small Audio file." I noticed that you also had an Audio problem back then. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye with your audio problem.

Pitbull_Raven
13th August 2008, 00:00
Pitbull_Raven:

I have read your post concerning the program just "hanging" and doing nothing after audio encoding. Unfortunately, I cannot help you in the matter, but I just wanted to let you know that I, as well many others, have read your post. I know how you feel. Nobody is ignoring you. The answer to your problem will come. Just remember that "pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional." Don't stress yourself out too much over this matter, my friend. :cool:

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

By the way, back in October 2007 you began a new thread entitled "No Audio / Small Audio file." I noticed that you also had an Audio problem back then. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye with your audio problem.

Thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem with the audio back in my old post. If I am not mistaken it was a megui issue. I solved it. I was giving RipBot a try. But since I can't get past the audio issue, I guess I am going to have to give up. It only happens if I use a avs script as video source, even though I do manually select the ac3 file as audio source. The problem is that I need to use the avs as video source in order to burn the subs into the video.

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 00:12
The problem is that I need to use the avs as video source in order to burn the subs into the video.
Properties -> Subtitles

dbone1026
13th August 2008, 01:37
I made a few Blu-ray movies into MKV files that I am viewing on the PC only using RipBot264. I use either VLC player or PowerDVD 8 for playback viewing. What I noticed is that when I try to skip a scene or move forward a little the movies freeze to the point where I have to close the players and restart the movie. I used Xvid4PSP for 2 of these movies and Ripbot264 for 3. Each one does the same thing when trying to skip through the movies. Is this normal or did I miss something during the encoding process? Other than that, they all play well if I just watch them through and sound is perfect as well as video. Thanks. Just curious.

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 11:32
Use MPC-HC instead of VLC

malgates
13th August 2008, 11:34
@malgates
Apple TV spec (http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html)
Video formats supported

* H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): Up to 5 Mbps, Progressive Main Profile (CAVLC)
with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps maximum resolution: 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps,
960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Modify Apple TV profile by adding Buffer Size = 5000 and Max Bitrate 5000. Use 2-pass encoding only with lower bitrate than 5Mbps.

Hmmm ....

now itunes tells me, that my appletv won't support the format. if I then convert it via itunes i have noch picture :-(

did i do sth wrong with the format?

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 11:41
Restore original settings. This time encode something what has 23.976 fps (1280x720) or 29.97fps (960x540) instead of 25fps

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 12:37
I made few test clips. Tell me which one is working on your AppleTV.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1mmxa4gufkm
http://www.mediafire.com/?wlf0onyzwkp
http://www.mediafire.com/?owufkfdtgxg
http://www.mediafire.com/?kvstjwe1ocj

leemjas
13th August 2008, 13:28

I still haven't found a solution. Could anyone help out?

Pitbull_Raven
13th August 2008, 14:26
Properties -> Subtitles

Damn... I can't believe that I didn't see that :(
Anyways... you're really good! That worked perfectly. No more problems. Thanks a million!

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 14:36
You must use Blu-Ray disc in order to have selectable subtitles on PS3.

mmmmdonut
13th August 2008, 16:35
For aTV, I resize to 1280x720 and verify fps is 23.976.

Then I change from cq to 2 pass mode with rate set to 4096 and have not had any issues playing the output file with any of my aTV's.

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 16:36
Did you check my samples?

hdpete
13th August 2008, 18:23
Hi Atak

I've mastered using Ripbot264 for Blu-Rays but would appreciate your help using it for ripped HD DVD's. I always convert to MKV, using 2-Pass to fit a 8.5gb DVD, Copy audio Stream, either Full HD or HD depending on the size of the bitrate.

If I import a ripped EVO with a Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack into Ripbot264 and select Copy Stream for audio, will Ripbot convert the Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack to standard Dolby Digital 640kbps? I know I could use the Aften option but I don't want to compress the audio from an already compressed soundtrack which Dolby Digital Plus is.

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 19:42
If I import a ripped EVO with a Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack into Ripbot264 and select Copy Stream for audio, will Ripbot convert the Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack to standard Dolby Digital 640kbps? I know I could use the Aften option but I don't want to compress the audio from an already compressed soundtrack which Dolby Digital Plus is.

DD+ (eac3) is automatically converted to flac. So if you want ac3 do not select copy stream because you will get flac in your MKV.

mmmmdonut
13th August 2008, 22:58
Atak heres one for you. I know you said HD DVD is dead to you but I just stumbled across a disc that looks like it has an intro before the movie starts and the playlist shows the intro + the main movie. Problem is for audio it only shows 2 channel source which I presume is because of the intro.

I have uploaded the job file for you if you wish to take a look.

Cheers

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5ea4d43f74ca704095af63b7d44918aa3307ac82cce1d6c2

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2008, 23:18
try this
copy /b "FEATURE1.EVO"+"FEATURE2.EVO" "c:\combined_evos.evo"
open combined_evos.evo in ripbot264

asarian
14th August 2008, 03:45
I recently installed Windows Server 2008 on a Vmware machine (because Windows Server 2008 supports more than 2 CPU's). I try to do my rendering on that machine now, to off-load my regular one. Okay, installed RipBot264, and tried my first VC-1 source. Getting an error (from Media Player Classic):

"Cannot play back the video stream: no suitable decompressor could be found."

I tried installing a Vista Codex pack, but to no avail. Same error. There's nothing in the RipBot264 log, either. Anyone know what I should add/do to make this error go away? Obviously, a codec issue of sorts, but obviously not clear which one.

Thanks.

Ajax_Undone
14th August 2008, 05:46
Codec packs suck un install them..

Vista 64 supports multiple cpus (more then two) Server 2008 though great for virtualization (new feature by the way) and server tasks Sucks for video encoding...

The FFDshow filters have not been made to run in a virtualized environment hence
"Cannot play back the video stream: no suitable decompressor could be found." error.. Though it has been known to work...

leemjas
14th August 2008, 06:14
You must use Blu-Ray disc in order to have selectable subtitles on PS3.

Hi I tried that; when I play the movie the subtitles are displayed correctly but I cannot toggle them off or on."They seemed to be burned in"

When I press the triangle on the PS3 it says that there are no subtitle option.

I must be doing something wrong or picking the wrong option when I choose the subtitles.

mmmmdonut
14th August 2008, 12:06
try this
copy /b "FEATURE1.EVO"+"FEATURE2.EVO" "c:\combined_evos.evo"
open combined_evos.evo in ripbot264

The copy /b cmd worked great at combining the two evo files. When I told RB to open the file I could see 5.1 audio from the drop down list. However when it went to mux it to mkv I noticed this am it did not create the video file. Looking at the logs I saw some traces back to my original source directory. Since I had a pending job in queue I couldnt close the app to flush the memory so I will give that a try this evening and post back the results.

Thanks for the quick suggestion.

~bT~
14th August 2008, 13:45
finally i have managed to work out an ipod crf profile which works!
for any1 who may be interested..crf used=21

[x264settings]
DeblockingStrength=0
DeblockingSensitivity=0
AdaptQuant=1
MotionEstimationAlgorithm=3 - UMH
SubpixelRefinement=6 - RDO
I4X4=1
P4X4=0
P8X8=1
B8X8=1
AdaptDCT=0
I8X8=0
NumberOfRFrames=1
mixedRFrames=0
TrellisQuant=0
CABAC=0
NumberOfBFrames=0
AdaptBFrames=0
BPyramid=0
WeightBPrediction=0
BidirectionalME=0
RDOBFrames=0
Level=level 3.0
HRD=0
BufferSize=1000
MaxBitrate=10000

MediaInfo of file:

General
Complete name : D:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Movies\Doomsday.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Codec ID : M4V
File size : 348 MiB
Duration : 1h 52mn
Overall bit rate : 431 Kbps
Album : Movies
Genre : Movie
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-13 12:29:33
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-14 13:33:56
Cover : Yes

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 331 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 1847 Kbps
Width : 320 pixels
Height : 240 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4/3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.180
Stream size : 268 MiB (77%)
Writing library : x264 core 61
Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=6 / psy_rd=1.000000 / brdo=0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=crf / crf=21.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=10000 / vbv_bufsize=1000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-13 12:29:33
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-13 12:30:03

Audio
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings, SBR : No
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 96.0 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 103 Kbps
Stream size : 77.7 MiB (22%)
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-13 12:29:45
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-14 13:33:56

malgates
14th August 2008, 14:04
I made few test clips. Tell me which one is working on your AppleTV.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1mmxa4gufkm
http://www.mediafire.com/?wlf0onyzwkp
http://www.mediafire.com/?owufkfdtgxg
http://www.mediafire.com/?kvstjwe1ocj

Hey ...

big thx tried them already:

1280x720-23_976fps.mp4 and 1280x720-25fps.mp4 are working. The other won't be played and itunes wants to convert them. But I just get a white video. Playback in itunes is working with all of them. Could you tell me the Settings u used please..

Regards

rack04
14th August 2008, 16:22
Why is eac3to used to demux the audio from a ts file containing? Shouldn't DGindex be used?

eneral
ID : 1
Complete name : C:\Personal\Videos\Hellboy.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 189 MiB
Duration : 2mn 24s
Overall bit rate : 10.9 Mbps

Video
ID : 16 (0x10)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, Matrix : Standard
Duration : 2mn 24s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 10.1 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 38.8 Mbps
Width : 1920 pixels
Height : 1080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Scan order : 2:3 Pulldown
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.625

Audio
ID : 17 (0x11)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Video delay : -710ms

hdpete
14th August 2008, 17:29
Can anyone tell me what file lock size I need to enter in Ripbot264 to get a blu-ray movie to fit a 25gb BD-R?

Thanks

~bT~
14th August 2008, 19:18
^ have u tried a simple remux using tsmuxer? u may find it fits without re-encoding and just keeping 1 audio + subs.

hdpete
14th August 2008, 20:19
^ have u tried a simple remux using tsmuxer? u may find it fits without re-encoding and just keeping 1 audio + subs.

Yes, that's OK for some, but not for longer movies like 'The Patriot'.

duramaximus
14th August 2008, 21:28
Can anyone tell me what file lock size I need to enter in Ripbot264 to get a blu-ray movie to fit a 25gb BD-R?

Thanks

A few of us have been asking, begging :), for this option but I would not hold your breath.

A BD9 looks perfect to me on my 67" DLP. DL-DVD's are a lot cheaper and l dont even need a Blu-ray burner!!!

jtheripper
14th August 2008, 22:36
TRue a BD9 looks great but a 25GB BD-R option would be nice to have so you could keep the original HD audio (DTS master, DD true hd or lossless LPCM) and only have to downsize the video on some movies

Ajax_Undone
14th August 2008, 22:36
?? ok so whats your question. Do you want pre sets for DVD-9's or BD-25's???

Or is that even your question...

duramaximus
14th August 2008, 22:42

Is it possible to have all three?

BD5, BD9, and BD25.

Hopefully at some point in the near future BD-25's will come down in price along with the burners.

Thanks

duramaximus
14th August 2008, 22:44
TRue a BD9 looks great but a 25GB BD-R option would be nice to have so you could keep the original HD audio (DTS master, DD true hd or lossless LPCM) and only have to downsize the video on some movies

For some reason I thought the BD-9 option kept the HD audio streams intact (copy stream) and only compressed the video. Is this not the case?

jtheripper
14th August 2008, 22:46
The price has dropped alot already. I can get BD-R at Fry's for $7.00 each now. The burners are now around $225

jtheripper
14th August 2008, 22:48
HD audio streams are usually over 8GB in size, especially the LPCM lossless ones so I don't see how they would fit on a BD9 although I have never tried

hdpete
14th August 2008, 23:20

It would be great to have a 25gb BD-R preset, I guess it's about the 23gb mark. Although it can be added manually, I just need to know waht the exact file size should be. Blank Blu-Ray's are still too expensive to get a coaster cos your file size is too big!

duramaximus
14th August 2008, 23:37
The price has dropped alot already. I can get BD-R at Fry's for $7.00 each now. The burners are now around $225

WOW! I still thought they were around the $15 - $20 range.
That awesome news. I will have to go check it out.
I have a FRY's about 40 minutes from me.
Thanks for the info.

jtheripper
15th August 2008, 00:37
If they are out of stock you can get them online at mwave.com or newegg for $7.99 each

mmmmdonut
15th August 2008, 00:47
Atak the copy /b does not appear to produce a file eac3to is happy with.

eac3to v2.56
command line: "C:\DVDTools\RipBot264v1.10.5\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "H:\combined_evos.evo" 1:"H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, 1:49:54
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
2: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 1536kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
3: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 768kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: Subtitle
7: Subtitle
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
Unfortunately the Haali Muxer cannot handle this source file.
It doesn't contain enough seek/recovery points.
Aborted at file position 692666368.

Any other thoughts? Thx

Atak_Snajpera
15th August 2008, 00:48
Combine those files with TSmuxer

~bT~
15th August 2008, 01:20
Bug:

Selecting 2.0 CT AAC-LC @ 96kbps audio still produces multichannel audio.

"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" | "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\enc_aacPlus\enc_aacPlus.exe" - "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" --lc --cbr 98804

Atak_Snajpera
15th August 2008, 01:32
final script would be more helpful.

~bT~
15th August 2008, 01:52
^ which one would that be? name?

rack04
15th August 2008, 02:30
Is it not possible to load a job in the queue, close the program, and start the job at a later time?

leemjas
15th August 2008, 07:46
Hi I tried that; when I play the movie the subtitles are displayed correctly but I cannot toggle them off or on."They seemed to be burned in"

When I press the triangle on the PS3 it says that there are no subtitle option.

I must be doing something wrong or picking the wrong option when I choose the subtitles.

Any thoughts Anyone ?

malgates
15th August 2008, 08:18
Hey ...

big thx tried them already:

1280x720-23_976fps.mp4 and 1280x720-25fps.mp4 are working. The other won't be played and itunes wants to convert them. But I just get a white video. Playback in itunes is working with all of them. Could you tell me the Settings u used please..

Regards

@Atak_Snajpera please post your settings...:thanks:

~bT~
15th August 2008, 10:00
Any thoughts Anyone ?

can you tell us how you are adding the subs to RB264?

pjvader
15th August 2008, 13:37
is it possible in any way to add more than one video (i want to create a trailer disc in blu structure) i cant find a way of adding more than one video
or if that isnt possible if i merge them all into one file is there a way of changing the chaptering to make each trailer a seperate chapter?
love the prog btw U GENIUS!!

mmmmdonut
15th August 2008, 13:38
Combine those files with TSmuxer

That did the trick. Thanks again for your help.

~bT~
15th August 2008, 13:51
love the prog btw U GENIUS!!

i usually make an mkv file (use append in mmg.exe) with all the files and also create a chapter.txt file which solves my probs.

wakebrder
15th August 2008, 17:23
Is it possible to have all three?

BD5, BD9, and BD25.

A few of us have been asking, begging :), for this option but I would not hold your breath.

A BD9 looks perfect to me on my 67" DLP. DL-DVD's are a lot cheaper and l dont even need a Blu-ray burner!!!

Ummmm.....just manually enter your deisired size in MB. I think BD-25s are around 22500 MB.

BD5=4480 MB BD9=8150 MB (these already exist)

Not really that difficult.

duramaximus
15th August 2008, 21:59
Ummmm.....just manually enter your deisired size in MB. I think BD-25s are around 22500 MB.

SWEEEEET!

I did not ever try and manually enter a desired size before.

I thought that the presets were the only choices.

Thanks for the info :)

Atak_Snajpera
15th August 2008, 23:03
@Atak_Snajpera please post your settings...
1-ref

can you tell us how you are adding the subs to RB264?
Good question and I think I know the answer :)

Is it not possible to load a job in the queue, close the program, and start the job at a later time?
Hibernate your pc in windows. it should work.

jtheripper
16th August 2008, 00:31
SWEEEEET!

I did not ever try and manually enter a desired size before.

I thought that the presets were the only choices.

Thanks for the info :)

How would you enter the desired size? Only way I see doing it is figure out the bitrate for encoding to get the desired file size for the video either using a bitrate calculater or the old fashion way and enter that in the bitrate and dont lock a size

hdpete
16th August 2008, 06:33

As the price of blank BD-R's start to fall (not soon enough I hasten to add!), we'd probably like to see Ripbot264 morph into a Blu-Ray version of DVD Shrink, i.e shrink the main movie and possibly keep the original menus onto a single layer BD-R.

Hopefully it won't be long beofre DVD-ROM's are thought of as the CD-R's of optical media! Aparently Pioneer have already developed a 500gb Blu-Ray disc!

Ajax_Undone
16th August 2008, 06:57
Dude there is a complex plethora of things that need to be looked at b4 it will ever get to that point...

PS upon later versions use the updater in your start menu directory I will usually have the next updated version on the server any where from 1-12 hours... I have been redesigning the installer set because I was left with out any of my prior code by version 2.0 I will have a new installer that will be made for this project and others...

hdpete
16th August 2008, 07:59
Dude there is a complex plethora of things that need to be looked at b4 it will ever get to that point...

PS upon later versions use the updater in your start menu directory I will usually have the next updated version on the server any where from 1-12 hours... I have been redesigning the installer set because I was left with out any of my prior code by version 2.0 I will have a new installer that will be made for this project and others...

Well it's definately going it the right direction and I for one really appreciate the only piece software that makes HD authoring a bit easier. Cheers!

As a hi-fi enthusiast, I spent a fair bit of money on my surround amp, speakers and cabling. Whilst I'm happy to compress a 1080p video a bit, it would be nice if copy stream meant copy stream rather than converting HD audio to a lesser format. Do you think it would be possible in future versions of Ripbot264 to allow more audio choice, i.e have more than one audio track and keep HD audio unmolested? Again this all ties in to the lowering price of BD-R's and the desire to keep as much of the original Blu-Ray content as possible.

Ajax_Undone
16th August 2008, 09:06
no one was saying otherwise just was pointing out the large task it will be b4 anybody will get there...

KyleEshna
16th August 2008, 10:00
I have a question about converting video's for my iPod Classic.

I've converted 3 different music videos and they all have the same total bit rate of 1152kbps. Now, I've download 4 music video's from iTunes Music Store and they all have different total bit rates (1541kbps, 1553kbps, 1607kbps & 1640kbps). Is there anyway to make my converted videos have a variable bitrate like the videos from the iTunes Music Store?

And one more question. How would I go about editing the audio of a video? The first few seconds are static and I'd like to make them silent with Audacity. Would I just go to the temp folder after RipBot demuxes the audio stream and edit the .mp3? Audio Identifier says the mp3's bitrate is 128kbps encoded with Lame 3.97 so I'm assuming it'd be find to edit the mp3 and reencode it with Lame 3.97 and put it pack into the temp folder and proceed with the video conversion.

hdpete
16th August 2008, 11:12
Does anyone know how I can convert a demuxed HD DVD Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack to 23.976fps?

I'll use Ripbot264 to convert the HD DVD video to Blu-Ray, but don't want the audio converted to FLAC. I assume if I demux the DD+ soundtrack from the HD DVD, change the FPS to Blu-Ray 23.976fps and then mux it back with the Ripbot converted HD DVD video I'll get a Blu-Ray with compliant DD+ soundtrack.

Thanks for your help.

Atak_Snajpera
16th August 2008, 11:39
Is there anyway to make my converted videos have a variable bitrate like the videos from the iTunes Music Store?
2-pass and constant quality mode gives always variable bitrate! 1152kbps is avarage value not constant.

How would you enter the desired size?
Don't make me laugh. Use keyboard maybe.

malgates
16th August 2008, 11:55
1-ref

I don't get it ...

Atak_Snajpera
16th August 2008, 12:07
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5883/new1zy6.th.png (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1zy6.png)

zirkov
16th August 2008, 12:55
Thanks for this nice GUI, but I have problem when try to encode MP4 video. It seem it cant demux audio from mp4, it always show me "NO AUDIO". How to solve my problem ?

Atak_Snajpera
16th August 2008, 13:30
send sample to www.mediafire.com