PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68

FuzzyNutz
24th October 2018, 19:52
Since an auto-update yesterday, RipBot stopped encoding video. The setting " --ctu 32" or " --ctu 16", inside the jobXX_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd file, inside the X:\Temp\RipBot264temp\jobXX folder, is causing the error "unknown option -- ctu". Manually deleting this setting returns RB to a functioning state.

burt123
25th October 2018, 06:36
Since an auto-update yesterday, RipBot stopped encoding video. Seems the setting, "--ctu 32" or "--ctu 16", inside the "jobXX_EncodeVideoPass1" file is causing the error "unknown option -- ctu". Manually deleting this setting returns RB to a functioning state.

Hey Fuzzy,

I concur, I am now getting the exact same error, the Job just keeps trying to start, and doesn't progress from there :(

What do you need to delete ???

Here's the info from the Encoding Client Window:-

Encoding started...
""\\BIG-XEON\Ripbot264temp\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "\\BIG-XEON\RipBot264temp\job17\Chunks\2.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "\\BIG-XEON\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --seek 21 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --opencl --opencl-device 0 --opencl-clbin "C:\Users\Burt123\AppData\Local\Temp\x264_lookahead_2.clbin" --crf 20 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 1440 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --ctu 32 --stdin y4m --output "\\BIG-XEON\RipBot264temp\job17\Chunks\2.264" -"
\\BIG-XEON\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe: unknown option -- ctu

Atak, please fix this ASAP, as it renders the program totally useless :(

And as the last auto update was fairly substantial, I would have expected a change to the build version, like 1.23.2 (just to make it a little easier to keep track of)

Wishbringer
25th October 2018, 09:49
Seems some x265 options were in the RB pregeneration of x264 scripts
--ctu 32 is good for FullHD-Movies to distribute encoding on more threads (otherwise x265 only uses around 50% on Ryzen 2700x)

byteshare
25th October 2018, 17:07
I don't use --ctu Since the update (not sure all of the changes such as the scripts) I've no issues. I did need to change the restart time on my encoding servers from 2 to 4 because I found 5 segments that were taking longer than any of my other encodes. More an FYI for other users that use a lower threshold.

FuzzyNutz
25th October 2018, 17:08
What do you need to delete ???

Delete --ctu 32, including the single space before it, from the applicable jobXX_EncodeVideoPass1 file in the applicable X:\Temp\RipBot264temp\jobXX folder.

This is done by right-clicking the jobXX_EncodeVideoPass1 file, selecting "edit", manually deleting " --ctu 32" and saving the now-modified file.

slalom
25th October 2018, 19:58
Since an auto-update yesterday, RipBot stopped encoding video. Seems the setting, "--ctu 32" or "--ctu 16", inside the "jobXX_EncodeVideoPass1" file is causing the error "unknown option -- ctu". Manually deleting this setting returns RB to a functioning state.
Same problem here. All servers starting and stopping on a loop

EDIT
Oh, and I noticed an error appearing when there are too many subs in the file, in the last one there were 31 subs

File: H:\***
FFVideoSource: No video track found
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job392\getinfo.avs, line 2)

If I remove the subs, the file loads successfully
Is there a limit in the number of subs?

FuzzyNutz
25th October 2018, 20:39
Since an auto-update yesterday, RipBot stopped encoding video. The setting " --ctu 32" or " --ctu 16", inside the jobXX_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd file, inside the X:\Temp\RipBot264temp\jobXX folder, is causing the error "unknown option -- ctu". Manually deleting this setting returns RB to a functioning state.

An auto-update today fixed RB. The --ctu setting is no longer being created.

ejone
26th October 2018, 18:51
I think this is a very annoying issue with Ripbot that should be fixed.

https://youtu.be/uxCkIvUdo0M

Evidently, if you are converting TV shows, even if you select a particular M2TS file, Ripbot will not default to the playlist you specifically picked (should be assumed from the file name - select the one with the matching name by default).

Super annoying. Had to redo everything. Would it be possible to select the correct default if you pick the file manually as shown in the video?

Because .m2ts files are in blu-ray structure. Move those files outside this folder and you will get "correct" behaviour. You can also rename BDMV folder to something else.

I still think it would be much better to default to the file that was actually selected in the dropdown (which can still be changed manually... default behavior should be to keep it as simple as possible, so select the one I specifically opened by default). Seems like it should be extremely easy to implement.

It would avoid all the wasted time and power I spent on encoding the same things over and over again.

byteshare
27th October 2018, 14:33
I don't know what 'YV12' means.
Getting this on a lot of files when trying to import via batch.
Getting this on files that I've already encoded before.
I have the most recent version of RipBot.

If I retry them individually (add rather than batch) sometimes I get the error and sometimes not. Sometimes If I retry adding several times it works.

Atak_Snajpera
27th October 2018, 15:13
Getting this on a lot of files when trying to import via batch.
Getting this on files that I've already encoded before.
I have the most recent version of RipBot.

You need to find pattern. What file type is causing this? What setting do you use in batch mode? Do you use custom script and so on.

byteshare
27th October 2018, 16:43
You need to find pattern. What file type is causing this? What setting do you use in batch mode? Do you use custom script and so on.
All are the same file types and same settings. Using MKVs, Batch mode and scripts don't matter because I get the issue with the "Add" as well.
It happens on the getting info step after indexing.

My work around now is I do one file that had failed to get it to fail, then I can do another file that had issues during the batch.
Basically it seems to fail > work > fail > work ...etc.
Other than that, there isn't a real pattern I can see.
I can even do the same file more than once and repeat the fail > work > fail > work ... pattern.

Error when doing it via the Add:
I don't know what 'YV12' means.
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job240\getinfo.avs, line 8)

Atak_Snajpera
27th October 2018, 18:34
post content of C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job240\getinfo.avs

jlpsvk
27th October 2018, 23:36
I don't know what 'YUV420P10' means.
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\getinfo.avs, line 8)

trying convert my UHD BD set to NAS... :( the rest is OK. MKV created with makemkv. second try and it worked.

YUV420P10
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264DE\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("D:\movie.mkv",cachefile = "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\movie.mkv.ffindex")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","Height")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\info.txt","PixelType")
Trim(0,-1)

byteshare
28th October 2018, 14:14
post content of C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job240\getinfo.avs
Different job, but same error:
YV12
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\x64\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("C:\ReEncode\Angel.Cop.OVA.02.[DVD][Hi10][480p][FLAC].[8C96EEE1].[Koten.Gars].mkv",cachefile = "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\Angel.Cop.OVA.02.[DVD][Hi10][480p][FLAC].[8C96EEE1].[Koten.Gars].mkv.ffindex")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","Height")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job243\info.txt","PixelType")
Trim(0,-1)

BlockABoots
28th October 2018, 21:23
Is there a chance in the next update to have a 'move up list' and 'move down list' option for files you add to the list in batch mode at all?

byteshare
29th October 2018, 03:24
Is there a chance in the next update to have a 'move up list' and 'move down list' option for files you add to the list in batch mode at all?
Do you mean to adjust where they go in the queue?
You can do this after you add them and if you click > Shift+Click again you can select a range and move that run up and down.

byteshare
30th October 2018, 22:38
I noticed RipBot can't read Japanese: "特典映像(アニメまつり).mkv" turns into "????(??????).mkv"
I don't remember this being an issue, but I don't usually leave my files in Japanese for compatibility.
For now the easy work around is to just rename the files for encoding and then name them back to the original name.

I think I did something wrong, but after opening and closing RipBot 3 times (was there two updates?), With current update not seeing the issues with the "I don't know what 'YV12' means."
Thank you.

BlockABoots
31st October 2018, 21:26
Do you mean to adjust where they go in the queue?
You can do this after you add them and if you click > Shift+Click again you can select a range and move that run up and down.

Ah ok thanks

gabbett1
2nd November 2018, 09:39
I have an issue and I'm not sure if it relates to Ripbot or not. I have been converting files the last few days to have all 7 seasons of The Game of Thrones on my PC. I have noticed that several files will say "cannot render the file" when I try to play them. So I re-rip them and most the time they are fine. I've now gone back and checked the files and again, many have this error, even after a re-rip and check that it played right afterward. I don't know what is going on that keeps corrupting my files, but it's getting very annoying.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd November 2018, 12:39
...memory issues, corrupted HDD/SSD , Overheating CPU and so on ...

byteshare
2nd November 2018, 15:35
http://msystem.waw.pl/x265/
Stable HEVC now at 2.9+4-471726d

blublub
3rd November 2018, 16:59
Hi there!

I am currently testing RipBot for HDR encodes to a mkv container.
I am somehow missing the option to encode the audio tracks (DTS TrueHD and so on) to FLAC lossless audio - I only have the option Opus, AAC und AC3 - is there really no FLAC support?

slalom
3rd November 2018, 17:07
Why would you need FLAC?

blublub
3rd November 2018, 18:28
Because it is lossless!?

byteshare
3rd November 2018, 19:01
Because it is lossless!?
I think the question is why would you Need FLAC if the source isn't coming from a FLAC audio file...ie why convert into FLAC? It doesn't increase quality or reduce filesize.

byteshare
3rd November 2018, 19:05
While adding files to the queue via the batch option I'm having an issue with the file stalling out or something (not 100% what is happening).
The batch queue seems to get stuck saying: "Waiting for file... [xxxxx.mkv]"
I can abort and then start it again, and it seems to work but then gets stuck again later.
Seems to happen no matter what AVISynth settings I'm using either with custom script or without. I haven't tried changing my HEVC settings though.
I'm using a local SSD for the source files and TEMP folder. I have "skip demuxing process" on as well.

I'm not sure how to gather more information on this.
This isn't a major deal since I just have to abort and start the queue again.

blublub
3rd November 2018, 19:52
I think the question is why would you Need FLAC if the source isn't coming from a FLAC audio file...ie why convert into FLAC? It doesn't increase quality or reduce filesize.Really? A trueHD or DTS-HD file is the same size after converting to Flac?
I gotta check that, I always though there is difference

blublub
3rd November 2018, 22:41
oops. Seems like I did get that wrong when I read up on encoding audio tracks recently. Prior I always just stream copied the audio.
But the last encodes I converted it to flac as - now after extracting a DTS track of 770mb and converting it to flac of 2500mb it seems that's a nonsense idea .....crap :-)

byteshare
4th November 2018, 03:25
oops. Seems like I did get that wrong when I read up on encoding audio tracks recently. Prior I always just stream copied the audio.
But the last encodes I converted it to flac as - now after extracting a DTS track of 770mb and converting it to flac of 2500mb it seems that's a nonsense idea .....crap :-)
Unless you want to reduce filesize (compress) or for a compatibility reason I wouldn't recommend touching audio. Copying the audio is best if you're concerned about quality.

blublub
4th November 2018, 07:03
Yeah that's what I did like 6 years long. Crap I cant remember the thread where compressing audio to flac was recommended, then I would link it here.
Somehow I just haven't paid attention here

byteshare
4th November 2018, 07:47
Yeah that's what I did like 6 years long. Crap I cant remember the thread where compressing audio to flac was recommended, then I would link it here.
Somehow I just haven't paid attention here
There are a few rare cases--WAV files--that FLAC does come out smaller than the source but not a ton and if you care about things like Atmos you can break compatibility depending on your playback hardware.

blublub
4th November 2018, 07:53
Yeah I am aware with Atmos and some TrueHD tracks - those I stream copied.
However DTS I converted- now I gotta check out his much of a difference there is. Maybe I remix the original audio into the mkvs

blublub
4th November 2018, 08:06
There are a few rare cases--WAV files--that FLAC does come out smaller than the source but not a ton and if you care about things like Atmos you can break compatibility depending on your playback hardware.

Hi

I just checked one file with FLAC and compared to the original audio tracks.

The order is as follows:

original: C L R Ls Rs LFE

Flac: L R C LFE Ls Rs

Does the order matter as long as those are labeled correctly?

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2018, 11:00
While adding files to the queue via the batch option I'm having an issue with the file stalling out or something (not 100% what is happening).
The batch queue seems to get stuck saying: "Waiting for file... [xxxxx.mkv]"
I can abort and then start it again, and it seems to work but then gets stuck again later.
Seems to happen no matter what AVISynth settings I'm using either with custom script or without. I haven't tried changing my HEVC settings though.
I'm using a local SSD for the source files and TEMP folder. I have "skip demuxing process" on as well.

I'm not sure how to gather more information on this.
This isn't a major deal since I just have to abort and start the queue again.

Most likely something else is still using your file. Code in ripbot264 is waiting for exclusive access

Repeat
FileHandle := FileOpen(inputfile, fmOpenRead or fmShareExclusive);
sleep(100);
until (FileHandle>0) or (Terminated=true) or (FileExists(inputfile)=false);
if FileHandle>0 then FileClose(FileHandle);

You can find what application is using your video file using these commands

1) Run cmd.exe as administrator
2) Enter openfiles /local on
3) Restart PC
4) Run cmd.exe as administrator
5) Enter openfiles /query >> C:\openfiles.txt
6) Open C:\openfiles.txt in notepad and find your video file

LigH
4th November 2018, 15:45
A user in the VideoHelp forum (https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390782-x265-Conversion-with-RipBot) asked why TsMuxer may have issues not knowing the frame rate of HEVC video produced by RipBot264 with x265. Does anyone know under which circumstances a frame rate value is stored (or not) in HEVC headers? Is it related to SEI data? Just tested, MediaInfo can detect a frame rate in the output of x265 v2.9+1 even with parameter --no-info. Maybe it's related to much older versions of x265, or any other option related to your distributed encoding engine?

jlpsvk
4th November 2018, 21:36
tsMuxer has more problems with HEVC.. needs to be updated.. :(

byteshare
6th November 2018, 16:09
Most likely something else is still using your file. Code in ripbot264 is waiting for exclusive access

Repeat
FileHandle := FileOpen(inputfile, fmOpenRead or fmShareExclusive);
sleep(100);
until (FileHandle>0) or (Terminated=true) or (FileExists(inputfile)=false);
if FileHandle>0 then FileClose(FileHandle);

You can find what application is using your video file using these commands

1) Run cmd.exe as administrator
2) Enter openfiles /local on
3) Restart PC
4) Run cmd.exe as administrator
5) Enter openfiles /query >> C:\openfiles.txt
6) Open C:\openfiles.txt in notepad and find your video file

Okay, that would explain it. I believe some were being used because I was using a separate app for encoding the audio.
Thank you very much for looking at this and explaining the cause.

slalom
6th November 2018, 19:43
Btw, I always convert FLAC to DTS... something, when I rarely find one

And something else
Is anyone using auto-start function and/or start minimized?

I have some problems with one server, still looking into it, not sure yet

byteshare
7th November 2018, 23:23
I noticed RipBot can't read Japanese: "特典映像(アニメまつり).mkv" turns into "????(??????).mkv"
I don't remember this being an issue, but I don't usually leave my files in Japanese for compatibility.
For now the easy work around is to just rename the files for encoding and then name them back to the original name.

I think I did something wrong, but after opening and closing RipBot 3 times (was there two updates?), With current update not seeing the issues with the "I don't know what 'YV12' means."
Thank you.

found another character issue with: č

GZZ
11th November 2018, 11:35
Windows Defender on Windows 10 just killed Updater.exe saying its a: Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B
File: E:\RipBot264v1.22.0\updater.exe

And then it delete the above file. My guess its a false positiv, but how to avoid it?

Update: I restored the file and ignored the virus warning. Not sure its smart!

Atak_Snajpera
11th November 2018, 13:22
Upload Updater.exe file to https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload
Some antiviruses act very allergically on executables compressed by UPX.

GZZ
11th November 2018, 22:27
Upload Updater.exe file to https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload
Some antiviruses act very allergically on executables compressed by UPX.

I get this result: https://ibb.co/ht3d8V

GZZ
11th November 2018, 22:29
I think it happend with the latest updater.exe from 16-10-2018, havent seen it before.

LigH
12th November 2018, 11:42
Possible, generic, heuristic ... quite certainly a false alarm. Some antivirus heuristic engines are sensitive to "it's compressed, possibly to hide behaviour", others to "it connects to the internet, possibly to spy". But both can have valid reasons too. Like a kitchen knife: Of course you may stab people with it; or just cut a slice of pot roast.

Atak_Snajpera
12th November 2018, 13:23
I've decompressed updater.exe and results are completely different (upx.exe -d updater.exe -o updater.exe)
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/925341ca473c2939ed43506d629352d9ff8d055fa94a4ed626aa18199d509a06/detection

Like I said before. Those anty-viruses are really dumb if they can not decompress executables before testing.
As you can see they are just guessing (Posssible_Virus , malicious_confidence_80% and so on)

StillPad
13th November 2018, 11:15
Hello Atak Snajpera,

I'm here to post a Bug that I have since many weeks.

I couldn't post it till now cos new members can't do posts for some weeks.

I got here the new SW S*lo Movie switch give me that bug when I'm trying to add them to ripbot.

I tried Version 1.23 and 1.23.1.7

Demuxing Error:

eac3to v3.33
command line: "D:\Ripbot264 1.23\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "Z:" 2) 2: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 4: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\audio_1_German.eac3.w64" -down16 6: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\6_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 7: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\7_subtitles_German_1080.sup" 8: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\8_subtitles_Polish_1080.sup" 9: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\9_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 10: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\10_subtitles_German_1080.sup" 11: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\11_subtitles_Polish_1080.sup" 1: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks, 6 subtitle tracks, 2:14:47, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 50 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
4: E-AC3, German, 7.1 channels, 896kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
(core: AC3, 5.1 channels, 512kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB)
5: AC3, Polish, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: Subtitle (PGS), English
7: Subtitle (PGS), German
8: Subtitle (PGS), Polish
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), German
11: Subtitle (PGS), Polish
Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a04] Extracting E-AC3 core...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] The libav decoder reported error -22 while decoding. <ERROR>
[s11] Extracting subtitle track number 11...
[s08] Extracting subtitle track number 8...
[s06] Extracting subtitle track number 6...
[s07] Extracting subtitle track number 7...
Aborted at file position 1048576. <ERROR>

New Version 1.23.1.7

eac3to v3.33
command line: "T:\D\Ripbot264 1.23.1.7\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "Z:" 2) 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 4: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_1_German.eac3.w64" -down16 6: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\6_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 7: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\7_subtitles_German_1080.sup" 8: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\8_subtitles_Polish_1080.sup" 9: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\9_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 10: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\10_subtitles_German_1080.sup" 11: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\11_subtitles_Polish_1080.sup" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks, 6 subtitle tracks, 2:14:47, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 50 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
4: E-AC3, German, 7.1 channels, 896kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
(core: AC3, 5.1 channels, 512kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB)
5: AC3, Polish, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: Subtitle (PGS), English
7: Subtitle (PGS), German
8: Subtitle (PGS), Polish
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), German
11: Subtitle (PGS), Polish
Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[s06] Extracting subtitle track number 6...
[s11] Extracting subtitle track number 11...
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[s07] Extracting subtitle track number 7...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a04] Extracting E-AC3 core...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] The libav decoder reported error -22 while decoding. <ERROR>
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[s08] Extracting subtitle track number 8...
[s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
Aborted at file position 1048576. <ERROR>

I also using Avisynth+ r2728-MT which is the newest version of it.

Any idea what I should do now?

Greetings Pad

LigH
13th November 2018, 11:46
In both cases, eac3to v3.33 is the active application. And in both cases, it aborts after 1 MiB bytes.

You are reading from a drive Z: ... is that a physical (possibly encrypted) DVD Video or Blu-ray media disc?

StillPad
13th November 2018, 12:27
Hey its a virtuell drive which got the image of the movie in it.

Other movies are working that one is at the moment the only one which can't be added in ripbot.

And yes I saw that Eac3.to is the problem causer, but I wasn't sure if its the program itself or maybe ripbot too?

The older version of ripbot used other add on programs.
The AviSynth+ is pretty new for me

Atak_Snajpera
13th November 2018, 14:21
Hey its a virtuell drive which got the image of the movie in it.

Other movies are working that one is at the moment the only one which can't be added in ripbot.

And yes I saw that Eac3.to is the problem causer, but I wasn't sure if its the program itself or maybe ripbot too?

The older version of ripbot used other add on programs.
The AviSynth+ is pretty new for me

Use MakeMKV first if eac3to can't process this particular movie.

byteshare
15th November 2018, 15:50
HEVC stable got another bump:
2.9+8-27d8424

Atak_Snajpera
19th November 2018, 13:13
More problems:-

I am still getting the odd server stall, and not restarting, even tho I have that covered in the command line instructions....and not only doesn't it restart, you can't stop it...the only option is to abort that job, and try again.
Does title in EncodingServer say "NOT RESPONDING"? Can you close encodingserver by clicking X button or you have to kill it via task manager?

dracore
19th November 2018, 19:18
i have just upgraded too the 2990wx - does ripbot support upto 32 cores or to use my cpu better would running ripbot 2 or 3 times help with speeds .... thank you :)

dracore
19th November 2018, 19:51
i have setup 5 servers for encoding and they all just say idle, waited a while and still nothing happening - can anyone help with this please

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2018, 13:29
i have setup 5 servers for encoding and they all just say idle, waited a while and still nothing happening - can anyone help with this please

Let me guess you just manually ran EncodingClient.exe and then you clicked ON buttons?

By the way. Why did you use such weird number of servers? 2990WX has four numa nodes so you should use 4 or 8 servers (1-2 servers per numa node).

byteshare
20th November 2018, 15:57
Strange thing is, I don't get any error pop up windows (using either W7, W10, or Windows Server 2019).

If I click on the taskbar server icon, it does not respond (I guess because it's stalled/errored).

If I use the X to close, there are "ghost" icons left in the taskbar, eg:- the main Ripbot icon, and a couple of server icons.

And yes, the only option is to "kill it" (Ripbot.exe, and whatever instances of Encoding Server that are showing), with Processhacker/task manager.

And btw, when I went to start the job queue, today (that I set up yesterday), without adding a thing, it would not start encoding the job's, UNTIL I aborted, and backed out of Ripbot, and restarted it, then it was fine....:confused:

I've had that too but not very often. I find it more stable than killing it to just restart Windows. Using Windows 10 only these days for encoding.

dracore
20th November 2018, 17:29
Let me guess you just manually ran EncodingClient.exe and then you clicked ON buttons?

By the way. Why did you use such weird number of servers? 2990WX has four numa nodes so you should use 4 or 8 servers (1-2 servers per numa node).

i used that many just to try and test - i added the ip adress ect to each server section and just sits at idle, ive also granted access through my firewall?

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2018, 18:48
Strange thing is, I don't get any error pop up windows (using either W7, W10, or Windows Server 2019).

If I click on the taskbar server icon, it does not respond (I guess because it's stalled/errored).

If I use the X to close, there are "ghost" icons left in the taskbar, eg:- the main Ripbot icon, and a couple of server icons.

And yes, the only option is to "kill it" (Ripbot.exe, and whatever instances of Encoding Server that are showing), with Processhacker/task manager.

And btw, when I went to start the job queue, today (that I set up yesterday), without adding a thing, it would not start encoding the job's, UNTIL I aborted, and backed out of Ripbot, and restarted it, then it was fine....:confused:

Killing just EncodingServer.exe is not enough? You have to kill EncodingClient.exe and RipBot264.exe as well?

byteshare
20th November 2018, 23:01
Killing just EncodingServer.exe is not enough? You have to kill EncodingClient.exe and RipBot264.exe as well?
For me I have to kill Ffmpeg.exe, which is the part that seems to get stuck and locks everything else up since I believe the Encoding Client and RipBot are waiting for that to end task.

Atak_Snajpera
21st November 2018, 12:18
Come on Atak, I was summarizing. I kill everything that is used by the Ripbot process.

And I have to thank bytshare for his comment, good to know that I am not the only one getting this random hiccup.

And yes, as a last resort, a Windows restart is a good option.

I need precise description what application is causing problems not some "summarization". You are not helping with that kind of bug report.

Atak_Snajpera
21st November 2018, 12:27
For me I have to kill Ffmpeg.exe, which is the part that seems to get stuck and locks everything else up since I believe the Encoding Client and RipBot are waiting for that to end task.

add /restart-if-no-progress to EncodingServer.exe commandline.
This command will restart encoding on server if ffmpeg.exe and x264.exe/x265.exe are not using cpu cycles for 1 minute.

Basically I'm checking USER TIME for specific process. This value increases if application is working.
https://i.postimg.cc/SKf2n6VJ/Untitled-1.png

Atak_Snajpera
21st November 2018, 13:53
So, I have this command in the commandline, set for 2 minutes...so how come it doesn't restart these random stall's that can't be stopped ??

You can easily check if that switch works by suspending ffmpeg.exe process in Process Hacker. After one minute EncodingServer will automatically restart encoding.

However I suspect that your issue is completely different. In your case whole EncodingServer.exe for some unknown reason hangs.
I would have to write additional small application to just monitor EncodingServer.exe in this case. That's why I need to know precisely what hangs.

byteshare
21st November 2018, 16:18
Interesting !!

So just out of interest, do you get the pop up window when a server stalls ???

I think I have only seen it on my W7 machine.....

Windows 7 display's it from the Taskbar, and W10 displays it from the bottom right hand corner (if memory serves me correctly)

I'm not 100%, I thought I do, but I'll keep an eye out for when it happens next so I can give accurate information.

This command will restart encoding on server if ffmpeg.exe and x264.exe/x265.exe are not using cpu cycles for 1 minute.

Basically I'm checking USER TIME for specific process. This value increases if application is working.

Thank you. I'll get that set and see how it goes...might be a while before I report back on this because I wasn't having this issue very often.

therealjoeblow
22nd November 2018, 00:14
I used RipBot v1.23.1 to convert a 2160p HDR x265 video to a 1080p SDR x264 using the BT.2020->BT.709 Tonemap option, and while it did correct the HDR and remap the colors/levels, the end result still looks a bit too bright. Whites in very light scenes look a bit blown out, and during the end credits where the background should be pure black, it's not quite, its dark grey.

Almost like it needs TV->PC level conversion, but not quite - when I ran a second encode and added that option, then it was too dark, with blacks being crushed and losing all detail in dark parts throughout.

So it needs a tweak in-between.

Does anyone know if this is normal, and in that case, are there "standard" additional changes I would need to the brightness and contrast settings to get the levels correct? Or do I need to just keep doing test encodes until I find the right balance?

therealjoeblow
22nd November 2018, 01:13
I've had this happen a couple of times...it can actually be the movie itself, does the original play "nice" ??

Are you forcing the BT.2020->BT.709 settings ?

I don't have a HDR TV so I don't know for sure if the source is correct.

I selected BT.2020->BT.709 in the Avisynth options, not sure what you mean by "forcing" it, but the encoded file appears to have correctly converted the HDR to SDR.

When I play the encoded x264 file back with MPCHC, if I go into the options under "video"..."color correction" and set brightness to -5, then the black levels are perfect - the credits are pure black as they should be, and the blown out light scenes look correct.

So I'm assuming that I need to set brightness to whatever the equivalent is in RipBot. In MPCHC, the brightness range is -100 to +100.

RipBot lets me change the brightness from -255 to +255 in the "Tweak Colors" setting. So would I set it for 5/100*255=-13??

Atak_Snajpera
22nd November 2018, 11:36
I used RipBot v1.23.1 to convert a 2160p HDR x265 video to a 1080p SDR x264 using the BT.2020->BT.709 Tonemap option, and while it did correct the HDR and remap the colors/levels, the end result still looks a bit too bright. Whites in very light scenes look a bit blown out, and during the end credits where the background should be pure black, it's not quite, its dark grey.

Almost like it needs TV->PC level conversion, but not quite - when I ran a second encode and added that option, then it was too dark, with blacks being crushed and losing all detail in dark parts throughout.

So it needs a tweak in-between.

Does anyone know if this is normal, and in that case, are there "standard" additional changes I would need to the brightness and contrast settings to get the levels correct? Or do I need to just keep doing test encodes until I find the right balance?

Tweak settings directly in DGHable plugin.
Help
Hable Usage
--------------

DGHable(clip, float exposure, float a, float b, float c, float d, float e, float f, float w)
exposure default: 2.0
a default: 0.15
b default: 0.50
c default: 0.10
d default: 0.20
e default: 0.02
f default: 0.30
w default: 11.2

Input must be CS_RGBPS, see z_ConvertFormat() in the script below.
If 'clip' is omitted, then as usual implicit last is used.

Meaning of Hable coefficients:

exposure: Gain to apply.
a: Shoulder strength
b: Linear strength
c: Linear angle
d: Toe strength
e: Toe numerator
f: Toe denominator
w: Linear white point

hable(x) = ((x*(a*x+c*b)+d*e) / (x*(a*x+b)+d*f)) - e/f
output_pixel = hable(exposure * input_pixel) / hable(w)

Default exposure value is 2.0
https://i.postimg.cc/4xLmd5nQ/Untitled-1.png

Click preview script to verify your new settings before encoding.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd November 2018, 11:45
Hi Atak, OK, so I did a fair bit of testing so I could give you as much info as I can, so here goes :-

I started an encode, and only had one server going, to make it a little easier to find in Process Hacker.

I suspended Encoder Client, and of course the encoding stopped immediately, after the allotted time (1 minute), it did NOT restart !

Once I got it going again, I then suspended Encoder Server, same result.

Then I suspended ffmpeg (that was in the Encoding Server "tree"), and that stopped the encoding, but it restarted in the allotted time :)

I then suspended x264.exe, same result as ffmpeg, test :)

Also, with Server suspended, the taskbar icon does not "Show", and that's what happens also, when it stall's on it's own, you can't access the properties of that particular stalled server to "see" what it's not doing.

So, maybe a resume command needs to be added for at least Encoding Server, if not Client as well.

Would this have any thing to do with the few comments I've made about the Job Queue not starting on the 1st startup of Ripbot ?? (which is equally annoying)

Hopefully, that's enough info for you, but I know you'll tell me if it's not :)

Cheers

I clearly said that /restart-if-no-progress switch will ONLY work for stalled ffmpeg.exe and x264.exe/x265.exe. EncodingServer.exe is constantly monitoring those processes. If you suspend EncodingServer.exe then how you expect this feature to work? The same with suspending EncodingClient.exe.
For suspended EncodingServer.exe you would need additional precess monitoring in the same way how EncodingServer.exe is monitoring own spawned processes.

ReinerSchweinlin
22nd November 2018, 21:53
Hey Atak,

any chance of supporting OPENCL on XEONs? I got Support for OPENCL1.2 via Intel OpenCL Drivers for Xeon, works with luxmark. Ripbot recognizes it, butI canīt select it as a device for filters.
Yes, itīs slow, but better than nothing and 24 Threads are better than nothing :)

Atak_Snajpera
23rd November 2018, 12:07
Hey Atak,

any chance of supporting OPENCL on XEONs? I got Support for OPENCL1.2 via Intel OpenCL Drivers for Xeon, works with luxmark. Ripbot recognizes it, butI canīt select it as a device for filters.
Yes, itīs slow, but better than nothing and 24 Threads are better than nothing :)

Since when Xeons have iGPU?

ReinerSchweinlin
23rd November 2018, 12:18
Since when Xeons have iGPU?

AFAIR the newer ones even have iGPU, but I am talking about some older Models (Dual X5650)... Intel and AMD have Support for CPU-based OPEN CL. I tryed Staxrip with NLMEANS-CL, which works fine only on CPUs...
Since X264 doesnīt scale very good over 24 threads, I use the remaining for Filtering - having the opportunity to run OPENCL Filters gives me a nice option:

Sure itīs slow... But the Xeons are working in a swarm with more recent i5, i7, etc... All of them which have GPUs - so here I can use OPENCL Filters... Since the XEONs keep cyrcling in a dead loop as soon as an encode with opencl filters starts, I have to manualy take them out of the swarm (6 servers)... Would be lovely, if they participate, even if its a little slow...

The OPENCL Performance with NLMEANS plus X265 "very slow" encoding of 1080p of one of these XEON Servers is around the same as a Kaby-lake i5 with the iGPU doing the openCL encoding..

Atak_Snajpera
23rd November 2018, 13:06
Would be lovely, if they participate, even if its a little slow...
OpenCL only makes sense on GPU. I also tried KNLMeansCL on CPU but it was extremely slooooow on my E5-2690. KNLMeansCL is very demanding even on modern GPUs so I doubt that you will save alot of time running xeons in "ultra slow opencl emulation mode". You will basically create huge bottleneck in DE mode. It would be better if another i7 in your encoding team would take this job instead of those old xeons.

ReinerSchweinlin
23rd November 2018, 14:10
of course, getting bigger CPUs and GPUs always is the best way :)

I picked Ripbot because of the distributed encoding mode in order to include all PCs at hand. Instead of spedning hunderts of euros for new gear, the PCs sitting around can do the same task "for free"...

Adding all the XEON Servers here in the office gives me a plus of aorund 30fps in the pool with the mentioned settings.

Iīd have to spend around 800 Euros to get a euivalent of speed in new hardware.

Since Staxrip and others are able to use the CPU OPENCL in the Xeon Servers - and since ripbot is recognizing them - maybe itīs just a small change in the programm ?

Platform 0.
Name : Intel(R) OpenCL
Vendor : Intel(R) Corporation
Version : OpenCL 1.2
Profile : FULL_PROFILE
Extensions : cl_khr_icd cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_intel_exec_by_local_thread cl_khr_spir cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_fp64 cl_intel_vec_len_hint

Platform 1.
Name : AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Vendor : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Version : OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (1800.8)
Extensions : cl_khr_icd cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices

Atak_Snajpera
23rd November 2018, 14:21
I will see what I can do...

ReinerSchweinlin
23rd November 2018, 14:36
:thanks:

byteshare
23rd November 2018, 14:46

I checked and I have /restart-if-no-progress already in my command line. I haven't had FFMPEG stall out like I mentioned before but I was just going over my command line.
/port xxxx /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
To be clear...I changed the port to xxxx, but they are all the same 1000, 2000, 3000, etc...
I'm still waiting for it to happen again so that I can take more notes.

byteshare
23rd November 2018, 16:07
HEVC stable got another bump:
2.9+8-27d8424
Looking at the notes here: https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/default/releasenotes.html

New features
Support for chunked encoding

--chunk-start and --chunk-end Frames preceding first frame of chunk in display order will be encoded, however, they will be discarded in the bitstream. Frames following last frame of the chunk in display order will be used in taking lookahead decisions, but, they will not be encoded. This feature can be enabled only in closed GOP structures. Default disabled.

Not sure this can be used for DE mode but if so it would help encodes be slightly better, no?

Ryushin
27th November 2018, 13:51
So I'm still encountering this issue.

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer.

The work around I've been doing is to use MakeMKV to create a video file from the same source and then pull that into Ripbot to process it and it comes out fine. Only caveat seems to be Ripbot throws and error when pulling in a mkv file that has a TrueHD stream in it.
Decoding Error
FFAudioSource: No audio track found
(D:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\Job1023\getinfo.avs, line 4)

So I create two MKVs, one with AC3 which Ripbot pulls in fine and is processed, and the other with TrueHD, that I mux in the TrueHD audio stream after the Ripbot finishes with the first file.

dracore
27th November 2018, 14:51
is there a read me for distibuted encoding ive tryd all ways i can think of and i either get - IDLE - or just nothing - any help would be greatful .... thank you all for your time

ReinerSchweinlin
27th November 2018, 14:52
Could you provide a little more info about your setup?

byteshare
27th November 2018, 15:38

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer.

The work around I've been doing is to use MakeMKV to create a video file from the same source and then pull that into Ripbot to process it and it comes out fine. Only caveat seems to be Ripbot throws and error when pulling in a mkv file that has a TrueHD stream in it.
Decoding Error

So I create two MKVs, one with AC3 which Ripbot pulls in fine and is processed, and the other with TrueHD, that I mux in the TrueHD audio stream after the Ripbot finishes with the first file.

Have you tried using sources TimeCodes in your encoded file to see if that fixes the problem?

Ryushin
27th November 2018, 19:38
Have you tried using sources TimeCodes in your encoded file to see if that fixes the problem?

Why no I have not. Where would I find that option?

The audio is in sync up to a certain point towards the end of the movie, then it is no longer in sync. I don't have this problem with Blu-ray sources, only Ultra Blu-ray. And the problem with Ultra Blu-ray is those discs that have seamless branching. In Incredibles 2, there are three different movies for each language. So lots of seamless branching going on. Also had this happen for discs that have the theatrical and extended cut in one disc using seamless branching.

mdchaser
28th November 2018, 06:08
I've got an interesting problem on one of my machines. All of a sudden I can't load the encoding server. I run encodingserver.exe and it flashes in the taskmanager for a fraction of a second then disappears (no logs anywhere I can find). I can run the encodingserver.exe from the old tools folder (from late 2017 I believe) and it loads just fine. I did a refresh of the system and have the same issue even though it's a "blank" machine! Any thoughts?

Thanks!

mdchaser
28th November 2018, 07:45
A quick update. I built a second machine from scratch and had the same issue. encodingserver.exe loads for a fraction of a second then unloads. The old version works fine on this machine as well.

ReinerSchweinlin
28th November 2018, 09:24
@mdchase
Check the following:
- Firewall open for the used port of the servers and ripbot client?
- All versions up to date on all machines? (Run ripbot on all machines and check, if it updates.)
- SMB reachable? Try opening the network share manualy

Atak_Snajpera
28th November 2018, 11:25
A quick update. I built a second machine from scratch and had the same issue. encodingserver.exe loads for a fraction of a second then unloads. The old version works fine on this machine as well.

Does this fix this issue?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5zaot1j7kji7ld/EncodingServer.exe/file

dracore
28th November 2018, 12:22

thank you very much this fixed my issues - i will be sending a donation later today as a thank you

byteshare
28th November 2018, 15:42
Why no I have not. Where would I find that option?

The audio is in sync up to a certain point towards the end of the movie, then it is no longer in sync. I don't have this problem with Blu-ray sources, only Ultra Blu-ray. And the problem with Ultra Blu-ray is those discs that have seamless branching. In Incredibles 2, there are three different movies for each language. So lots of seamless branching going on. Also had this happen for discs that have the theatrical and extended cut in one disc using seamless branching.

I've posted on this before here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1849546&highlight=timecodes#post1849546

Official information:
https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvextract.html#mkvextract.description.timecodes_v2

mdchaser
28th November 2018, 17:33

Thanks for uploading a new version! Unfortunately I have the same symptoms with the new one, it unloads silently and almost immediately. The old version still runs and seems to encode fine but neither machine likes the newer versions. I have run ripbot on both to make sure it runs and everything seems fine, I've also shut off the firewall but I can't imagine it has an effect on the program loading normally.

Thanks!

Jeff R.

ReinerSchweinlin
28th November 2018, 17:47
did you check the SMB network if your machine has access to the ripbot directory?

Atak_Snajpera
28th November 2018, 17:57
Thanks for uploading a new version! Unfortunately I have the same symptoms with the new one, it unloads silently and almost immediately. The old version still runs and seems to encode fine but neither machine likes the newer versions. I have run ripbot on both to make sure it runs and everything seems fine, I've also shut off the firewall but I can't imagine it has an effect on the program loading normally.

Thanks!

Jeff R.

Post detailed PC spec (CPU , windows version (fully updated or not) and so on)

mdchaser
28th November 2018, 18:14
did you check the SMB network if your machine has access to the ripbot directory?

I did but ripbot is being run locally.

mdchaser
28th November 2018, 18:19
Post detailed PC spec (CPU , windows version (fully updated or not) and so on)

First machine:
Win10, 1809, fully patched, "refreshed" back to factory. Ripbot/encoding client was the first thing I loaded. 44 Cores, 16GB RAM, lots of storage.

Second machine:
Server 2019 DC, fully patched. Fresh install, 44 cores, 6GB RAM, lots of storage.

Third machine (works great on this one):
Win10, 1809, fully patched. TONS of software installed besides ripbot. 44 cores, 16+ GB RAM.

I've also tried toggling windows defender real time virus protection to make sure that's not an issue. Toggled the firewall off on all of them as well. The two machines it's failing on are both fresh installs so I wonder if there is some dependency I'm missing? I've installed AviSynthPlus-MT-r2728-with-vc_redist.exe which is all I've needed before...

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
28th November 2018, 18:31
Let me guess you have DUAL xeons running in UMA mode? If yes then It is known issue which I'm currently trying to fix. What happens if you activate NUMA mode in bios?

can you also show me how cpus are detected in Task Manager? Are they grouped or ungrouped like in this example example?
https://i.postimg.cc/1XF8VzTG/Untitled-1.png

slalom
28th November 2018, 19:02

Decoding Error

I have the same error when there are over 30 subs in the mkv file, check that

mdchaser
28th November 2018, 20:24
Let me guess you have DUAL xeons running in UMA mode? If yes then It is known issue which I'm currently trying to fix. What happens if you activate NUMA mode in bios?

can you also show me how cpus are detected in Task Manager? Are they grouped or ungrouped like in this example example?
https://i.postimg.cc/1XF8VzTG/Untitled-1.png

They are actually a single NUMA node, I'm using a single E5-2699V4 CPU in each so everything should be stuck to the single NUMa node. In taskmanager it is detecting all 44 threads. The machine that is working is also on a 2699 without issue.

byteshare
29th November 2018, 00:21
I have the same error when there are over 30 subs in the mkv file, check that

Have you tried TimeCodes?
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1849546&highlight=timecodes#post1849546

Atak_Snajpera
29th November 2018, 10:25
They are actually a single NUMA node, I'm using a single E5-2699V4 CPU in each so everything should be stuck to the single NUMa node. In taskmanager it is detecting all 44 threads. The machine that is working is also on a 2699 without issue.

First machine:
Win10, 1809, fully patched, "refreshed" back to factory. Ripbot/encoding client was the first thing I loaded. 44 Cores, 16GB RAM, lots of storage.

Second machine:
Server 2019 DC, fully patched. Fresh install, 44 cores, 6GB RAM, lots of storage.

Third machine (works great on this one):
Win10, 1809, fully patched. TONS of software installed besides ripbot. 44 cores, 16+ GB RAM.

You said 44 cores so I assumed that you have dual E5-2699V4.

ReinerSchweinlin
29th November 2018, 10:30
I can't believe it's been just over a month since the last auto update :(

With exception of a newer version of Encoding Server, posted a couple of days ago, which I'm yet to try.

This is free Software. Atak is giving a lot of support for free.

So be patient. Updates come when they come and the only response then should be "Thank you"...

Atak_Snajpera
29th November 2018, 10:54

Thanks!

Jeff R.

And now?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1btksnqw32of8b9/EncodingServer.exe/file

Atak_Snajpera
29th November 2018, 11:56
I think it is time to get rid of hqdn3d denoise filter. I really do not like how this filter shifts content of the frame. KNLMeansCL does better job here. Open images in separate tabs and you will see what I mean.

Original frame
https://i.postimg.cc/ZK4dGfSc/nodenoise.png

MDegrain2 + KNLMeansCL (strength=2)
https://i.postimg.cc/RCctpkjh/mdg2-knlmeanscl2.png

MDegrain2 + hqdn3d (strength=8)
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRYkttwm/mdg2-hqdn8.png

Another my conclusion is that KNLMeansCL is not very useful as standalone filter.
Original Frame
https://i.postimg.cc/JnR8rB49/org.png

MDegrain2
https://i.postimg.cc/brdKr0XF/mdegrain2.png

KNLMeansCL (default settings)
https://i.postimg.cc/PrgBf8S2/knlmeanscl.png

hqdn3d (Strength=8)
https://i.postimg.cc/7hy2Y9Tq/hqdn8.png

ReinerSchweinlin
29th November 2018, 12:19
About "shiftin content": Are you sure this is the same frame? Maybe its a little movement in the picture, since only lower parts of the picture seem to shift, the boots stay where they are... Maybe hgdn3d takes previous and following frames into account and therefore shifts frames in the time-domain - so the shown fram actually is the frame number +1... ?

KNLMeansCL: Whats Default Setting? In Ripbot, default here is "0" which seems to do nothing at all... "2" and above on the other hand shows clear load on the GPU and very visible noise removal in preview.

Atak_Snajpera
29th November 2018, 12:25
About "shiftin content": Are you sure this is the same frame? Maybe its a little movement in the picture, since only lower parts of the picture seem to shift, the boots stay where they are... Maybe hgdn3d takes previous and following frames into account and therefore shifts frames in the time-domain - so the shown fram actually is the frame number +1... ?

KNLMeansCL: Whats Default Setting? In Ripbot, default here is "0" which seems to do nothing at all... "2" and above on the other hand shows clear load on the GPU and very visible noise removal in preview.

I'm 100% sure that frame is the same. Here another example
https://i.postimg.cc/7hy2Y9Tq/hqdn8.png

Default settings for KNLMeansCL are d=1, a=2, s=4, h=1.2

The main problem with KNLMeansCL is that it applies blurring blindly to all areas! Take a look at the jacket.

Screenshots in 1080p (postimage automatically resizes images to 720p)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u32eza1lwro1eb4/denoisers.7z/file

ReinerSchweinlin
29th November 2018, 12:34
Object Shifting: I was referring to the cartoon screenshots, not the live-movie scene :)

Default settings in Ripbot for Setting "2" here is: video,d=1, a=2, s=4, h=2 ... ???

live-szene from movie: Blurring: Yes, You are right, it takes away some details on the darker part of the jacket... On the other hand: medegrain changes the contrast ratio of some shadows in the picture. Look at the dark parts of the wood in the background - the contrast is significantly lower in these parts - if you change very quickly between orig/degrain you see it... Do the same with nlmeans/orig - the picture overal is more "original"

Atak_Snajpera
29th November 2018, 12:38
Object Shifting: I was referring to the cartoon screenshots, not the live-movie scene :)

Default settings in Ripbot for Setting "2" here is: video,d=1, a=2, s=4, h=2 ... ???

live-szene from movie: Blurring: Yes, You are right, it takes away some details on the darker part of the jacket... On the other hand: medegrain changes the contrast ratio of some shadows in the picture. Look at the dark parts of the wood in the background - the contrast is significantly lower in these parts - if you change very quickly between orig/degrain you see it... Do the same with nlmeans/orig - the picture overal is more "original"

Detail retention is MUCH more important than some slight changes in contrast. MDegrain2 is overall much more "intelligent" denoiser than KNLMeansCL. I really do not like when denoising is applied to whole frame regardless of the motion.

PS. Shifting in HQDn3d always occurs regardless of the content. Check yourself if you do not believe me.

ReinerSchweinlin
29th November 2018, 13:51
PS. Shifting in HQDn3d always occurs regardless of the content. Check yourself if you do not believe me.
From first glance, it might have been that these are two different frames, since the moving of the object is not everywhere in the frames. There are NR Filters out there which work on the temporal domain and therefore rely on previous frames and introduce a time-offset of some frames. So it could have been possible that after segmented encoding HQDN3D misses a frame or adds one, so the video gets "shifted" forth or back about one frame..

This was my assumption - Iīve seen this a lot - thats why I asked about the frames.

Quick tests with HQDN3D showed no object moving here - but that doesnīt prove anything, maybe the source just didn`t lead to this behaviour, others would...

It has nothing to do with "not beleiving" :) The shift is obvious in your screenshots.

byteshare
29th November 2018, 15:36
he always come thru with flying colours :)
He really does...I've dealt with several devs on other forums and lets just say their first reaction isn't how can I help you but how are you doing things wrong...and 5 days later I find a nice update without comment from them.
So yes, RipBot is awesome.

byteshare
29th November 2018, 15:38
I think it is time to get rid of hqdn3d denoise filter. I really do not like how this filter shifts content of the frame. KNLMeansCL does better job here. Open images in separate tabs and you will see what I mean.
I agree with these conclusions :)
If you're doing older cartoons, have you considered a line sharpening filter and/or a line darking filter?
I use a few depending on the situation.

slalom
29th November 2018, 21:22
Have you tried TimeCodes?
Why should I?
Is it rellevant to this error?

mdchaser
30th November 2018, 00:51
You said 44 cores so I assumed that you have dual E5-2699V4.

My bad, I used the wrong nomenclature. That would be 44 threads, not cores. Each system is running a single 22 core cpu (2699V4) with a single numa node for the entire system. I just built a third system today and have the same results, double click the encodingserver.exe file and windows just looks at you funny :). I have been able to do some encoding using an old file from late 2017, it seems to work fine with the current ripbot version.

Thanks!

Jeff R.

mdchaser
30th November 2018, 00:58
And now?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1btksnqw32of8b9/EncodingServer.exe/file

Brilliant, that did it! Encodingserver.exe now starts up on every system I try it on, thank you! I will definitely be donating again this Christmas.

Thanks!

burt123
1st December 2018, 06:54
Hey guy's,

I would be interested to hear your comments on which media player software you use & recommended for 4K playback on, of course, a 4K monitor.

I have been using VLC for years, but I have come to realise that it doesn't seem to be "up for the job", and even tho there are fix's out there, they don't seem to fix it (stuttery playback).

I also tried PowerDVD, and it seems ok on some files, but not all :(

So I did a Google, and that revealed a few good players :-

MPC-HC (that Atak uses within Ripbot) (seems to play 4K very well on a non 4K monitor)

MPV (haven't really tested this one, yet)

Potplayer (also seems to play 4K very well on a non 4K monitor)

So I've probably answered my own question, but would be interested what other's use :)

Cheers

byteshare
1st December 2018, 08:36
Why should I?
Is it rellevant to this error?

I thought you were talking about this part of the response:
Originally Posted by Ryushin

Time codes should fix your audio being out of sync. You can always set RipBot to "Skip demuxing process" and manually mux the subs later. Personally what I do but with a batch file. I don't handle audio or subs in RipBot but mux them back from source with a batch file. One of the main reasons for this is so that I can keep the MKV Title info.

Hey guy's,

I would be interested to hear your comments on which media player software you use & recommended for 4K playback on, of course, a 4K monitor.

I have been using VLC for years, but I have come to realise that it doesn't seem to be "up for the job", and even tho there are fix's out there, they don't seem to fix it (stuttery playback).

I also tried PowerDVD, and it seems ok on some files, but not all :(

So I did a Google, and that revealed a few good players :-

MPC-HC (that Atak uses within Ripbot) (seems to play 4K very well on a non 4K monitor)

MPV (haven't really tested this one, yet)

Potplayer (also seems to play 4K very well on a non 4K monitor)

So I've probably answered my own question, but would be interested what other's use :)

Cheers

I personally use VLC, MPC-HC, and Kodi for 99% of my video playback and/or testing. Granted I don't do 4K all of the time but I've used all 3 of those when I do.

byteshare
1st December 2018, 15:34

Had the issue again:
https://imgur.com/a/K0Pn5pi
(cut off columns in the photo. I put this int he description for the photo as well, but: Columns are: Process, CPU, Private Bytes, Working Set, PID, Description, Company Name, Session, CPU Time, CPU History, and Cycles)
I'm not sure where you got that User Time in your picture, but I had to use Process Explorer, because in Windows 10 the Task Manager is trash. Incase you wanted User Time Vs. Total time there were also most the same:
ffmpeg.exe User Time: 0:02:23.687 / Total Time: 0:02:24.703
x265_x64.exe: User Time: 0:01:15.984 / Total Time: 0:01:17.031
Full details in the image above (2nd Image)

Looks like FFMPEG gave up at some point?
The other segments were doing ~13-14FPS, or about 107s per segment
There are 23 segments and it got stuck on 22, but 23 finished.

My command line:
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
/port 2000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
Only using 2 servers

Using Process Explorer I killed the Process Tree for the "EncodingServer.exe" that was stuck and the next server picked up and finished the job, but the whole thing was stuck for many hours.

If you needed more info than this let me know and I can gather next time it happens.

Atak_Snajpera
1st December 2018, 16:03
I suspect that EncodingServer.exe died as well. That would explain why EncodingServer.exe has not restarted child processes. Please confirm my theory!
Basically kill ffmpeg.exe and x265_x64.exe and see If EncodingServer.exe will start encoding again.

byteshare
1st December 2018, 19:09
I suspect that EncodingServer.exe died as well. That would explain why EncodingServer.exe has not restarted child processes. Please confirm my theory!
Basically kill ffmpeg.exe and x265_x64.exe and see If EncodingServer.exe will start encoding again.
Sounds good, I'll wait for it to happen again and only kill those two.
Thank you for your time.

Atak_Snajpera
1st December 2018, 19:18
Sounds good, I'll wait for it to happen again and only kill those two.
Thank you for your time.

I'm 99,9% sure that you will see EncodingServer (not responding) message.

burt123
1st December 2018, 20:21

I will do the same....pretty sure I don't get any messages :(

byteshare
1st December 2018, 20:54
I will do the same....pretty sure I don't get any messages :(
Same, I don't see an error when this happens, but that makes sense if the EncodingServer.exe is stuck, which reports the errors.

Atak_Snajpera
1st December 2018, 21:31
This is what I meant
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/win7appqual/images/preventinghangs-ghostwindow.gif

burt123
1st December 2018, 23:44
This is what I meant
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/win7appqual/images/preventinghangs-ghostwindow.gif

Is that suppose to be an example of the error message ???

And that also looks like W7...I think you'll find that the majority of "us" user's are running W10 or Server '16 / '19, and if I recall those OS's throw up messages down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, or maybe off the Taskbar.

I am now only running one W7 machine, as I haven't noticed any advantages or disadvantages using W7 over W10 with Ripbot.

You might have to do some test runs on a VM W10..

I'm sure I did some test's for you a couple of weeks back, by suspending most of the components used by the Ripbot process, and those test's revealed that if you suspend either ffmpeg, x264 & x265, that it will indeed restart after the prescribed time in the Encoders commandline instructions...I have mine set @ 2 minutes, byteshare has it @ 8 (for example).

Maybe it's a case of monitoring Encoding Server the same way you did it for ffmpeg, etc, and that might make it almost "bullet proof" reliable :)

burt123
1st December 2018, 23:49
My command line:
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
/port 2000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
Only using 2 servers

Hey, I'm curious why you haven't got a numa "command" in there somewhere ???

What CPU(s) are you running ??? you could at least be using NUMA 0 !!

byteshare
2nd December 2018, 01:22
Hey, I'm curious why you haven't got a numa "command" in there somewhere ???

What CPU(s) are you running ??? you could at least be using NUMA 0 !!
Using an AMD R7 1700, so I just let it default to Numa 0. It defaults to Numa 0 if you don't define it.

burt123
3rd December 2018, 03:26

Just to bump this post for an update...

So I used Ripbot for the 1st time in over a week, today, using the newest EncodingServer 1.12.6.0, and the very first job stalled on Port 2000 !!!

But before I say anymore, I still can't understand why it won't start encoding after adding Job's, until you restart Ripbot :mad:, this has only started, recently.

OK, so back to the stall, I went into Process Hacker, and suspended ffmpeg, but it didn't seem to have any affect.

There were no pop up warnings, either, so that might also indicate that it's not ffmpeg, x264 or x265...

Back to the Encoder Client window, those ON/OFF buttons for each server control the Encoding Server, correct ??

So, if those button's don't do anything wouldn't that mean that Encoding Server has a major problem ??!!! You can keep pressing the OFF button forever, and it does nothing !!!!

Aborting the whole Job seems to be the quickest & best "fix".

I can't explain it any other way, I'm not an "IT" person !!

OK, a couple of hours later, I have had it happen several more times, but on the Client's, not the main PC (Server, I guess it is)...I cannot diagnose it with Process Hacker, everything appears to me, is still working, but one Encoding Server has definitely "locked up", and there's really only one course of action...re start Ripbot, and hope it doesn't happen again, anytime soon.

And as a result of aborting & restarting, the job starts from the beginning :(, and it show any other jobs that have been completed, as not being done.....:confused:

Atak_Snajpera
3rd December 2018, 12:50
Maybe it's a case of monitoring Encoding Server the same way you did it for ffmpeg, etc, and that might make it almost "bullet proof" reliable
https://i.postimg.cc/HLpVb9zt/Untitled-1.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aw8gqz7snt7twlb/EncodingServer.exe/file

burt123
4th December 2018, 05:35
https://i.postimg.cc/HLpVb9zt/Untitled-1.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aw8gqz7snt7twlb/EncodingServer.exe/file

OK, well I can't read your mind, but what I did was download and overwrite the newer EncodingServer.exe.

I only did one encode today, and after a tiny little hiccup right at the start (probably my fault), it run faultlessly....the ONLY different thing that happened (and I wasn't watching when it did), but I returned to notice a "different" looking icon in the Taskbar, so I clicked on it, and there were 4 instances of that "Supervise Process" screen in your previous post, one for each of the servers/ports I had going.

Does that mean that there was a stall on all 4, and they were all started automatically ???

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2018, 11:00
Does that mean that there was a stall on all 4, and they were all started automatically ???
SuperviseProcess.exe is always started if you use /restart-if-no-progress switch. If application does not respond for 1 minuted then it will be automatically killed.
Process Tree
https://i.postimg.cc/7ZDZ6K41/Untitled-1.png

Example using different application for testing purposes
https://i.postimg.cc/kgyvHYwB/Untitled-1.png

burt123
4th December 2018, 12:01
SuperviseProcess.exe is always started if you use /restart-if-no-progress switch. If application does not respond for 1 minuted then it will be automatically killed.
Process Tree
https://i.postimg.cc/7ZDZ6K41/Untitled-1.png

Example using different application for testing purposes
https://i.postimg.cc/kgyvHYwB/Untitled-1.png

OK, I'm a little confused (which doesn't take much with this sort of stuff), but I thought the restart-if-no-progress was the "monitoring/control" of ffmpg, x264 & x265 if they stalled (which seems to work very well)...does this monitor Encoding Server, and if it "stall's", this kill's it, then what start's it again ?? or is that what this does ??

And this must be what you've incorporated in the Encoding Server you provided, yesterday.

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2018, 12:11
It does both now. Monitors ffmpeg.exe/x264/265 and also MAIN application. SuperviseProcess.exe monitors EncodingServer.exe and EncodingServer.exe monitors ffmpeg/x264/x265

ReinerSchweinlin
4th December 2018, 12:12
Iīd love to test the new version of encodingserver.exe, but sadly, my virusscanner thinks it is faulty, so I have to wait till I am at another system with no scanner or where I can turn it off :)

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2018, 12:14
Iīd love to test the new version of encodingserver.exe, but sadly, my virusscanner thinks it is faulty, so I have to wait till I am at another system with no scanner or where I can turn it off :)

Problem?
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/92aa5b5a882d7ecae7e6a8b630dae817ee7604f8da1386ab18ecff40003d8eb6/detection

ReinerSchweinlin
4th December 2018, 12:43
Already did a check on virustotal, seems fine (two heuristic notices, not worth it..), but I canīt switch virusscan of here (workstation..)

On another note concerning the OPENCL on XEON Issue: I found "GPU" in the avs script in the KNLEANSCL Line - changed it to "auto", works fine now. Not sure how this affects all other machines with real GPUs.

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2018, 12:46
you can also manually specify device type now.
/knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU

ReinerSchweinlin
4th December 2018, 12:47
Yes, but wouldn't that force all of the clients to the CPU? Or could this embedded for each server manualy?

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2018, 12:47
EncodingServer.exe /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU

ReinerSchweinlin
4th December 2018, 12:55
How can I set up 4 serves on one machine like this? 2 on UMA Node 0, 2 serves on Node 1 ?

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2018, 12:59
go to settings -> Distributed Encoding -> Click spanner icon -> Command line help

ReinerSchweinlin
4th December 2018, 13:00
wonderful :) Thanx!

ReinerSchweinlin
4th December 2018, 14:15
Thanx for the hint.

Ryushin
5th December 2018, 13:38
Atak, cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoy the feature of moving jobs around now. Makes my life a lot easier.

A couple of ideas for features.

When selecting the item for a new job, allow a setting to change the display job cutoff time from the default of 15 minutes to another value. I'm having to use Handbrake to pull in a job to encode the specials. If I can drop the time down to 5 minutes or so so I can pull in those specials into RibBot.

Since I'm doing a lot of TV shows. It would be so nice to highlight a lot of jobs to bulk change an option. Such as the constant quality number, degraining, deinterlace, etc. It can take quite awhile to edit 50 jobs or more to change one setting.

BTW, your interface works fine with a job number over 1000. :)

Atak_Snajpera
5th December 2018, 13:47
When selecting the item for a new job, allow a setting to change the display job cutoff time from the default of 15 minutes to another value.
I really do not understand this.

byteshare
5th December 2018, 14:26
allow a setting to change the display job cutoff time from the default of 15 minutes to another value. I'm having to use Handbrake to pull in a job to encode the specials. If I can drop the time down to 5 minutes or so so I can pull in those specials into RibBot.
Are you saying that videos shorter than 15 min aren't being handled by RipBot? I do jobs are are less than a minute sometimes.
Would you post some screenshots of what you're talking about? (use an image hoster like IMGUR)

Wishbringer
6th December 2018, 07:14
Maybe he means displaying playlist from Blu-ray while importing.

Ryushin
6th December 2018, 20:49
Maybe he means displaying playlist from Blu-ray while importing.

Yes, this is what I meant. When importing a playlist, anything under 15 minutes is not shown.

gryph
7th December 2018, 09:45
First, thank you so much for this program!
I've been using RipBot for years now.
However, for a long time now, there's been some sort of bug - havn't been able to find any reports of this, so here I go...
I use Ripbot to hardcode subtitles and set a fixed video bitrate.
However I have to edit every single subtitle file (.srt/.ass) with an extra line in the very end to assure I get the "original" last line of sub hardcoded.
Which ever program is handling the subtitles, is deleting the very last line in the process.
So adding a custom new last line have been my fix.
Not sure exactly when this started to happen - but it's been going on for a long long time (1 year+ at least I'd guess).
Prior this issue didn't occure and there was no need to add an extra line of subtitle.
I ofc. always keep Ripbot up-to-date. So question is, is there a bug somewhere in the program - or am I missing something?
(btw - I run on Windows 7 machines only)

Fingers crossed for a fix... would save me from having to edit every single subtitle file before encode.

Cheers

ReinerSchweinlin
7th December 2018, 10:05
you can also manually specify device type now.
/knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU
Just tried it out - works very well, Thank you!
Of course, itīs slow... But on some old TV-Shows with low resolution (old MPEG2 Captures) it works quite well with the DUAL Xeon Machines - and this way I donīt have to worry to manually tweaks settings in the swarm, I simply hit "encode" :)

ReinerSchweinlin
7th December 2018, 10:28
Now I know this is probably a really basic noob question,

Can someone explain why when you re-encode an x264 to x264 with just some basic settings, it doesn't take a very long time.

However, when you re-encode an x265 4K to x265 4K, it takes such a L-O-N-G time.

Why when it's already x265 4K !!!!

Downsizing from x265 4K to x265 1080p doesn't take long.

There has to be a faster way to do this, especially as it's becoming a lot more common place.
The codec used for the source is not the point - the time it takes to decode is muuuuuch smaller then to encode.
So if the source already is h265 makes no difference.
What takes time is the new encoding - the more advanced the codec (x265>X264), the more pixels (4k>1080p) and the higher the encoding settings is what takes up time..

Encoding 4K in x265 really needs a lot of horespower, no matter what the source once was...

Ryushin
7th December 2018, 10:44
However, when you re-encode an x265 4K to x265 4K, it takes such a L-O-N-G time.

Why when it's already x265 4K !!!!

Downsizing from x265 4K to x265 1080p doesn't take long.

4K is 4 times the size of 1080p. So it should take 4 times longer to encode the same video, regardless if you are encoding x264 or x265. Encoding with x265 is just much more processor intensive. By a lot. Older processors which did well with x264 have a real hard time with x265.

My older Opteron server with a true 48 cores and 256GB of RAM did a great job with x264. But with x265 it has crossed the threshold of too much power consumption vs its output rate for x265. So I'm getting rid of it soon.

AMDs new Zen based chips are great with x265. I don't know if anything is using a GPU for x265 encoding yet.

Nature of the what we do. When blu-ray came out, encoding was very slow compared to DVD. Now we are in the same evolutionary step with 4K and x265.

ReinerSchweinlin
7th December 2018, 11:02
.. I don't know if anything is using a GPU for x265 encoding yet.
Yes. Intel, Nvidia and AMD have hardware-encoding which is getting better. For realtime game.streaming it is the way to go. For offline Video-content, it slowly catches up to Software-Encoders.. Quite a lot of software packages enable these encoders already.
I have been using Intel Kaby Lake architecture for hardware-encoding into h265/10Bit - which works fine for many usecases. A 60 Euro CPU is able to handle one 1080p Stream way faster than realtime..

As we are talking - any chance ripbot will support Intel Quicksync?

Ryushin
7th December 2018, 20:54
Unfortunately upgrading to hi end cpu's & gpu's is really not an option, these days :(

Actually, with last years Zen 8 core CPU, I'm seeing 5-7fps with 4K x265 encodes. Seeing as how you can get the CPU for around $250 US, that at least brings it within reason. Add MDegrain though, and I'll get about 1.5 to 2fps. So about a day for each 4K encode.

Atak_Snajpera
8th December 2018, 12:13
Hi Atak, I thought I'd bump this one up a page or 2, as I have a problem with this that you may want to know about.

Today I had a lot of PC's going to see how it would perform doing a large 4K x265 encode (as per previous post), and I noticed on one of my "server box's", that an Encoder Server stalled (using the latest version 1.12.6.0), so I opened up the Supervise Process window for the stalled port, and there was no activity, it wasn't progressing every second or so, like the others do, monitoring the process's. So it had stalled, as well.

I left it like that for several minutes to see if it would start again, but it didn't so I killed it, and turned that pc off.

Having said that, I didn't any issues with any of the other machines, except one PC just stopped working, but that's a different issue, altogether.

So there's still some weird issue, in there somewhere.

One of your PC is simply unstable. Period. This can not be a coincidence that two different applications (simple console program and more complex application with GUI) just hang in the same way simultaneously. Do not expect from me to fix programmatically your hardware issues.

Atak_Snajpera
8th December 2018, 17:01
v1.23.2 Changelog
Added: KNLMeansCL [Adaptive] denoiser. (denoising strength is being reduced according to luminosity of the pixel)
Added: /avisynth-prefetch-threads and /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type to supported switches by EncodingServer.exe.
Added: /restart-if-no-progress switch also activates extra process (SuperviseProcess.exe) in order to detect any hangs directly in EncodingServer.exe.
(logs are stored in %TEMP%\SuperviseProcessLog.txt and %TEMP%\EncodingServerLog.txt)
Added: Auto reconnect option in EncodingClient.exe
Changed: /knlmeanscl-opencl-device to /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-id and /x264-opencl-device to /x264-opencl-device-id
Fixed: EncodingServer.exe not starting on machines with more than 32 logical processors.

Comparision regarding KNLMeansCL [Adaptive] variant

Source
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf45db39b9.jpeg

MDegrain2
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf46940cf9.jpeg

MDegrain2 + KNLMeansCL(h=4)
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf46ddeee0.jpeg

MDegrain2 + KNLMeansCL(h=4) [Adaptive]
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf4789e165.jpeg

KNLMeansCL(h=4) [Adaptive]
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf47dce349.jpeg

KNLMeansCL(h=4)
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf45f49f3c.jpeg

ReinerSchweinlin
8th December 2018, 21:40
Looking good !! Thank you!

ReinerSchweinlin
9th December 2018, 00:25
Can you please refresh my memory about KNLMeansCL, is that CPU or GPU based (switchable), it's just that last time I used it, it was SLOW !!!

You can use either, as long as you have OPENCL Drivers installed. Read a few posts above, I am using some XEONs for OPENCL and GPUs as well... Itīs much faster on GPUs

ReinerSchweinlin
9th December 2018, 00:38
GPUs: Intel Kaby Lake, some Geforce midclass-models from about years, office-AMD Radeons, a few years old.... I get between 4 and 30fps in 1080p on these cards with nlmeans filters in OPEN CL.
Xeons: Dual X5650... Intel OPEN CL Drivers.. Veery Slow with open CL, barely 1fps at best, but since many of these are here doing "nothing", they contribute. And for encodes without filtering, they work fine for x265 encoding...

LigH
9th December 2018, 20:33
--stdin y4m

I am not used to that parameter combination as valid x264 syntax... there should be another parameter:

--demuxer y4m

LigH
9th December 2018, 20:42
I don't know if he uses a modified x264. The vanilla x264 does not have a "stdin" parameter.

ReinerSchweinlin
10th December 2018, 10:23
I have a couple of dual X5690 systems, one dual X5680, an E5 2697v2 12 core Xeon, and several lesser systems.

The best GPU I have is an MSI GF1080, and I have an older AMD R9 290 (which I got to try KNLMeansCL, ages ago), and some older GF cards, 680's & 580's.

Did you manage to put some GPUs in the Xeon Servers?

ReinerSchweinlin
10th December 2018, 12:33
GPU vs CPU Encoding is a different thing than GPU vs CPU Filtering.
On GPU, you can only encode via the offered NVENC, QS-Video, etc.. mechanism - not a x265 port for GPU. Porting X265 to a GPU doesn't make sense (this is discussed in detail elsewhere).. The eoncding Engine on a GPU is not just a simple port of x265 to the GPU - intel, AMD, NVIDIA emplemented Encoder Units into the GPU, which only can do as good as the implementation is... x265 with normal to placebo settings is much better in terms of quality...

With OPEN CL, you have an open Standard for calculating things like filters... This can be done on GPU, ASICS, CPUs, etc... everything you have an OPENCL driver for... Since some filters for Videoediting fit the strenghts a GPU offers (heavy parallel processing with weak cores vs. way lesser very potent cores on a CPU), some videofilters benefit heavily from Running the OPENCL Filter Code on the GPU. Running the same filters on a CPU is veryvery slow compared to a decent GPU.

It all depends on the type if calculation, memory, memory bandwith. etc... if a specific task is working faster on a "traditional CPU" or a GPU...

CPUs are being equiped with more and more processing units which can give an advantage for things a GPU traditionally is good for... Think of the old 386, which didn`t have the FPU built on - it was a seperate chip youīd have to add... Later CPUs already had a FPU in it, so calculations benefitting from a FPU ran faster on these... Later there were things like 3dNow, SSE, AVX, etc... which contained instruction sets offering calculation-possibilities previous models didn`t have bevore.

One good example is a iFFT, which is running much faster on something like a DSP, SSE in a CPU etc.. than on a "traditional CPU".. In times where iFFT was not available inside a CPU, it took a lot of time to calculate it... As sonns as instructions for iFFT were available in the CPUs - you could easily go realtime..

So for best quality and speed, a strong CPU still is the best way to do x265 encoding, paired with a GPU for filtering... Is in most cases the best way to do it... In terms of speed (e.g. live streaming of games), the GPU Encoding of video can help to reduce system load.

Atak_Snajpera
10th December 2018, 13:32
I'd like to know how to switch some OpenCL processing to the CPU's, and not the GPU.

Apparently there's now that option within Ripbot, but not sure how to implement that with the command line switch's Atak mentioned.

KNLMeansCL running on my Xeon E5-2690@3.2GHz (8C/16T) CPU is 50 times slower than on Radeon RX480! Seriously are You still thinking about running this filter in CPU mode?

https://i.imgsafe.org/e6/e6a994d447.png

RX480
https://github.com/Khanattila/KNLMeansCL/wiki/Benchmark

RX480 GPU has peak TFLOPS around 5.83 TFLOPS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Radeon_400_series

while my CPU around 0.12 TFLOPS.
https://i.imgsafe.org/e6/e6cae8c8b6.png

Now you see why running KNLMeansCL on CPU has zero sense. Power consumption ratio to performance is just terrible!
RX480 consumes around 150W while my CPU around 130W.

1 fps on CPU consumes around 260W
1 fps on GPU consumes only around 6W !!!

byteshare
10th December 2018, 15:47
Comparision regarding KNLMeansCL [Adaptive] variant
Source
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf45db39b9.jpeg

MDegrain2
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf46940cf9.jpeg

MDegrain2 + KNLMeansCL(h=4)
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf46ddeee0.jpeg

MDegrain2 + KNLMeansCL(h=4) [Adaptive]
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf4789e165.jpeg

KNLMeansCL(h=4) [Adaptive]
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf47dce349.jpeg

KNLMeansCL(h=4)
https://i.imgsafe.org/bf/bf45f49f3c.jpeg

Wow, the adaptive is way better than the normal method, which is why I never used KNLMeansCL much. Between MDegrain2 and KNLMeansCL(h=4) [Adaptive], I personally like MDegrain2 better but the Adaptive KNLMeansCL isn't that far off and I'd guess it does way better on FPS (when using GPU).

ReinerSchweinlin
10th December 2018, 16:11
I think you're being a bit harsh...I have no idea how all these filters & switch's work, I was just asking questions about all the new features you've added to Ripbot, in relation to these options.

I don't have an RX480, the best I have is a GTX 1080, and an AMD R9 290...and lesser.

It's just that I did a KNLMeansCL encode yesterday, and the R9 290 nearly melted, even tho it has a good aftermarket cooler on it, so hence, asking about switch to CPU, but obviously that sux, so how to I put a switch in to make it use the GPU, if that's an option with what I have.

If you did a KNLMeansCL Encode - you already have used the GPU - what switch are you looking for?

LigH
11th December 2018, 10:04
Square brackets are almost certainly a syntax definition symbol. You should omit them in a specific usage case.

ReinerSchweinlin
11th December 2018, 10:31
It's a new one for this build.
I know :)
I'm guessin' that adding this line/switch, it will enable either the CPU or GPU to work when this filter is chosen.

correct. This was kindly added because, so this ways I can include machines without GPU in a encoding swarm. Works good.

All I want to know is if I want to enable the GPU, is it in the square brackets on it's own ??

By default, you first go to the settings, choose the openCL device you would like to use (in case you have different ones) and then you don't have to do anything more if you have a GPU installed. In my case, The CPU doesn't show up in the settings, so I can force the CPU usage for OPENCL via this command line via

knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU

And then there's this one:-

/knlmeanscl-opencl-device-id [integer], where do I get the integer info from ??, is that on the OpenCL page, in Settings ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

Here you set the OPEN CL device (in case you have multiple ones - everyone has an ID (1, 2, 3, etc..), so you put the number of the Device you want to use in here...

On some PCs, I have AMD OPENCL drivers as well as the Intel GPU drivers - so I have two "decvices" here and could choose which one to use (helps in some cases with older hardware, since different OPENCL drivers support different Levels of OPENCL...)

LigH
11th December 2018, 10:39
@ReinerSchweinlin - I guess the question about the "integer" was rather: Is it a simple counting number, or is it something complex (like a unique device ID)? Looks like the former is the case. Now the question remains, if you have more than one device: Which of them is number one, where to discover that detail? Will an external tool like GPU-Z help, or will RipBot264 enumerate them somewhere?

ReinerSchweinlin
11th December 2018, 11:42
This is what I get in the settings page:
Platform 0.
Version : OpenCL 2.1
Extensions : cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_fp16 cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_icd cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_intel_subgroups cl_intel_required_subgroup_size cl_intel_subgroups_short cl_khr_spir cl_intel_accelerator cl_intel_media_block_io cl_intel_driver_diagnostics cl_intel_device_side_avc_motion_estimation cl_khr_priority_hints cl_khr_throttle_hints cl_khr_create_command_queue cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_subgroups cl_khr_il_program cl_khr_mipmap_image cl_khr_mipmap_image_writes cl_intel_planar_yuv cl_intel_packed_yuv cl_intel_motion_estimation cl_intel_advanced_motion_estimation cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_khr_gl_depth_images cl_khr_gl_event cl_khr_gl_msaa_sharing cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_intel_d3d11_nv12_media_sharing cl_intel_simultaneous_sharing

Platform 1.
Version : OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (1800.11)
Extensions : cl_khr_icd cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices

ReinerSchweinlin
11th December 2018, 12:03
In the settings page: Only the Intel GPU driver is shown.
(Itīs a i5 Kaby Lake only with the iGPU from Intel, no external Grafixcard)

Doing the same on the XEON (without a GPU, only CPU OPEN CL):

Platform 0.
Version : OpenCL 1.2
Extensions : cl_khr_icd cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_intel_exec_by_local_thread cl_khr_spir cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_fp64 cl_intel_vec_len_hint

Platform 1.
Version : OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (937.2)
Extensions : cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices cl_khr_d3d10_sharing

In the selection Box, nothing shows.

So this was the prob I had - the XEON itself was able to do OPENCL - but in the Settings Page I couldnīt select the CPU for the filters.. With the command line Option mentioned above - I can :)

ReinerSchweinlin
11th December 2018, 12:46
I installed the XEON OPENCL drivers from intels website (with GPUS, the OPENCL Drivers come with the drivers for the grafix card, I suppose you know already)... I am not at the machine right now, so I canīt give you the exact link, but it was pretty straight forward - the SDK you mentioned probably was the one... just google for "xeon OPEN CL drivers" :)

I then checked with Luxmark, if the Xeons showed up as OPENCL Devices - they did. (running a benchmark in Luxmark worked fine, but was slow as hell - as expected)

In ripbot, I opened the settings page on the XEON machine (not the "master" !). In the distributed encoding page I set 4 severs (since I have two CPUs on two nodes with 12 threads on each CPU - X265 works best on my DUAL X5650 with 4 instances=4servers),
checked the small wrench button and added
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /node 0 /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU
/port 2000 /minimize /priority low /node 0 /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU
/port 3000 /minimize /priority low /node 1 /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU
/port 4000 /minimize /priority low /node 1 /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU

thatīs it, AFAIR :) All the other machines (with GPUs) are not specified any further, just defaults.

If I start an encode job at the master with KNLMEANS activated - the GPU machines use the GPUs, the XEONS use the CPUs...

I am still trying to get some GPUs into the servers, but since space is limited in these and somehow they donīt accept any GPUs I put in it (HP DL380 Proliant G7), I am happy for the time beeing to be able to use the XEONS in the pool whenever some OPENCL Stuff is starting.

ReinerSchweinlin
11th December 2018, 13:14
Yes, I do have some issues with stability. Already talked to Atak about it, but have no solution so far.... One thing in the latest release which made things better: "restart servers" in the encoding client... Sometimes, on first atempt, the servers don't connect... In the past, I had to check manualy multiple times to restart them... Was annoying since I am at work on daytime, wanted the machines to encode while I am gone - and later on I saw almost no progress...
Now this works fine - the "startup hickups" still are there, but since they get restarted automatically, it is better now.

Didn`t have much time to investigate everything, though.. Iīll have to wait for more free time to straighten everything up in the "encoding farm"... Last night, about 20 batch files from a 1080p x264 cartoon series (23min each) went fine through the batch..

Atak_Snajpera
11th December 2018, 14:01
I just thought of something...would it possible to run multiple GPUs now, using a command line switch to use different IDs.
sure
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-id 0
/port 2000 /minimize /priority low /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-id 1

If you are using x264+KNLMeansCL and you also have iGPU (device 0) and dGPU (device 1) then
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /x264-opencl-device-id 0 /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-id 1

FuzzyNutz
11th December 2018, 18:34
Since auto-updating to v1.23.2, RipBot264 doesn't close cleanly on it's own. After clicking the "X" in the top-right of the primary RB interface, the RB icon remains in the taskbar. Right-clicking the icon and choosing "Show" opens a non-functioning RB interface that I have to force close.

Additionally, the jobs I loaded before the update generated errors when running them post-update. I had to reload those jobs post-update.

I reverted to v1.23.1, which restored RB's ability to close cleanly. Then I got RB to re-auto-update to v1.23.2, which returned RB to being unable to close cleanly.

FuzzyNutz
11th December 2018, 21:49
The built-in virus protection in my Windows 10 v1809 is identifying RipBot's "updater.exe" as a threat. This is a new issue. I manually restored it after Windows removed it.

FuzzyNutz
11th December 2018, 22:10
Please prevent RB taskbar tab from disappearing upon interface minimization. Perhaps give users the option to choose.

Please don't limit the number of audio tracks that can be demuxed or added to the output file when loading jobs from BD folder structures.

Please don't limit the choices for demuxing subtitle tracks to all or one when loading jobs from BD folder structures.

FuzzyNutz
11th December 2018, 22:24
Are these improvement requests being considered?:

Adding the ability to manually enter "name" information for video, audio and subtitle tracks within RipBot264 (RB) would be an asset.
This feature could be further enhanced by adding combo boxes with user-definable text strings for track names. This user-definable content should remain intact when RB is updated.

Removing limitations on the quantity of demuxable audio tracks from BD structure sources as well as the quantity of selectable audio tracks to be contained in the output file would be an asset.

Enabling output file names with periods (.) would be an asset.

RB’s “Automatically” setting for video cropping is capable of detecting the difference between pixels with desired video vs black. Could similar capability be implemented for RB’s “new frame” selector?

For resolution reducing encodes of non-standard crop ratio videos, like the BD vers of the movie "The Hateful Eight" @1920x700, RB doesn't offer a precise ratio-maintaining option. Users have to calculate it. Some might not know how. Especially considering the reduction factor determinate varies from width for most videos to height for others. Examples: 1920x1080 cropped to 1920x1016 requires 1280/1920 x 1016 to calc the height for 1280x678 (1280x677.333) or 1440x1080 cropped to 1436x1064 requires 720/1064 x 1436 to calc the width for 972x720 (971.729x720). In my 1st example, (1920x1016) the width determines the res reduction factor. In my 2nd example, the height determines the res reduction factor. In both examples I maintained the cropped source ratio while reducing the res to 720. RB should have an option for auto step-down to any standard res (1080, 720, 576, 480 etc.) while maintaining precise ratio of cropped source. Like my examples, RB would have to identify whether the width or height determines the reduction factor.
If you implemented this, users wouldn't need to calculate the pixel height or width for any res step-down while maintaining cropped source ratio.

ReinerSchweinlin
12th December 2018, 07:48
The built-in virus protection in my Windows 10 v1809 is identifying RipBot's "updater.exe" as a threat. This is a new issue. I manually restored it after Windows removed it.

I had some false virus-warnigs as well, but with Avira. We talked in this thread a few days ago - maybe itīs compression of some files triggering the heuristics?

While you mention subtitles... I looked around, but can't find subtitle management. Surely I am too stupid - could someone point me in the right direction? Iīd like to simply keep subtitles (or disregard things like chinese etc... but since subtitles take up no space - keeping all of them would be fine, too).. Right now, encoding from mkvx264 tomkv x265 - all subtitles are gone.

slalom
12th December 2018, 09:08
I have excluded a folder in my antivirus settings, with all those programs that don't need AV checking
No more false threats

ReinerSchweinlin
12th December 2018, 09:49
Ah, ok... So I wasnīt blind - there simply is no subtitle Management :) Too bad - since I use Ripbot because of the distributed encoding which enables me to recode a very large amount of files in reasonable time - if I have to lay hand on all of them to deal with subtitles, thats too much fiddling around.. Maybe I find a batch solution somehow..

ReinerSchweinlin
12th December 2018, 11:08
I use batch encoding for a series of files.
I use handbrake, yes. Here it works fine with the switchable subs. But no DE Encoding, so itīs slow...
Simply "take alle subs in the MKV and leave them as they are" would be fine.

Atak_Snajpera
12th December 2018, 11:42
Simply "take alle subs in the MKV and leave them as they are" would be fine.
So you are saying that your version of ripbot264 does not have this option... intredasting...

byteshare
12th December 2018, 13:55
Ah, ok... So I wasnīt blind - there simply is no subtitle Management :) Too bad - since I use Ripbot because of the distributed encoding which enables me to recode a very large amount of files in reasonable time - if I have to lay hand on all of them to deal with subtitles, thats too much fiddling around.. Maybe I find a batch solution somehow..

I batch mux the subs back in from the source files, saves me a lot of time plus I keep the MKVtitle names of the subs that way

Ryushin
12th December 2018, 14:44
So with all the talk about using the GPU for help with encodes, it has gotten me interested.

I have one computer with a RX 480.

I'm currently only doing x265 or x265+mdegrain2. Can a GPU help in this regard or is this all CPU based? I thought OpenCL was just for x264 at the moment.

ReinerSchweinlin
12th December 2018, 14:50
OPENCL (or GPU in generell) doesn't help with x265 encoding and never will... There were some attempts and the x265 guys looked into it, but the types of calculations needed for x265 encoding just don't a GPU.... There are h265 encoders in GPUs, but those are real "hardware encoders" and have nothing to do with x265 .... x264 has a OPENCL possibility - haven't tried it yet, but from what Iīve read, it doesn't give a speed advantage nowadays with modern CPUs....
Things like SSE or AVX help much more with x265 than OPENCL on a GPU.

ReinerSchweinlin
12th December 2018, 14:51
So you are saying that your version of ripbot264 does not have this (keeping subtitles) option... intredasting...
As said before - I am either blind or to stupid to find it (in this case, please help me out) or something is missing - all my files encoded with Ripbot are missing subtitles which were present before in the source mkv files...

Atak_Snajpera
12th December 2018, 15:13
As said before - I am either blind or to stupid to find it (in this case, please help me out) or something is missing - all my files encoded with Ripbot are missing subtitles which were present before in the source mkv files...

https://i.imgsafe.org/12/12583f3334.png

or

https://i.imgsafe.org/12/125840053c.png

Atak_Snajpera
12th December 2018, 15:22
x264 has a OPENCL possibility - haven't tried it yet, but from what Iīve read, it doesn't give a speed advantage nowadays with modern CPUs....
Things like SSE or AVX help much more with x265 than OPENCL on a GPU.

If rumors are true some ryzen 3 may have pretty decent iGPU with 20 CU! (1280 streaming processors)
I think x264 opencl acceleration should still be useful for those modern cpus.
In old days it provided very nice speed boost for old apus. (a10-4600m had 384 streaming processors)
https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph5835/46687.png

FuzzyNutz
12th December 2018, 17:08
While you mention subtitles... I looked around, but can't find subtitle management. Surely I am too stupid - could someone point me in the right direction? Iīd like to simply keep subtitles (or disregard things like chinese etc... but since subtitles take up no space - keeping all of them would be fine, too).. Right now, encoding from mkvx264 tomkv x265 - all subtitles are gone.

When loading a job from blu-ray file/folder structure, you're given the choice of demuxing all subtitles or only one. When loading a job from an .mkv file, all the subtitles demux automatically. In either version, you can choose however many to include in the output file, after demuxing is complete.

ReinerSchweinlin
12th December 2018, 17:17
Thanx both of you for the guidance, I will have to try later, when I am at the PC :)

FuzzyNutz
12th December 2018, 17:27
I've been doing a LOT of subtitles stuff recently, and what I use to demux them out, is TSMUXER, then I have been running them thru Subtitle Edit, and save as an .srt, then you either just put that file in the same folder as your movie, and you should get switchable subtitles OR you can mux them back in, with MKVToolnix, after you've run the video & audio thru Ripbot.

I too use tsMuxerGUI and MKVToolnix for many areas where RipBot falls short, but I still want RipBot's subtitle and audio track abilities expanded.

Note that using tsmuxer to demux files containing .srt subtitles automatically converts them to .sup (PGS). Try extracting subtitles with the likes of gMKVExtractGUI to preserve existing .srt subs. Use the likes of MKVToolnix to first mux in to an .mkv if needed.

FuzzyNutz
12th December 2018, 21:08
Thanks for that, Fuzzy...I will give that a try, could save me a LOT of time.

Subtitle Edit can be very frustrating :(

I usually don't convert .sup (PGS) subs to .srt. I use the .sup from blu-rays as is. Every media player I use seems able to read .sup files. My thinking is, why bother dealing with optical character recognition issues when you can use the flawless original.

I expect someone to chime in with srt enlightenment.

Media players I use:
VLC on Windows 10 PC
KODI on Android box
KODI on Windows 10 PC
D-Link Boxee Box

byteshare
12th December 2018, 22:17
v1.23.2 Changelog
Added: KNLMeansCL [Adaptive] denoiser. (denoising strength is being reduced according to luminosity of the pixel)
Added: /avisynth-prefetch-threads and /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type to supported switches by EncodingServer.exe.
Added: /restart-if-no-progress switch also activates extra process (SuperviseProcess.exe) in order to detect any hangs directly in EncodingServer.exe.
(logs are stored in %TEMP%\SuperviseProcessLog.txt and %TEMP%\EncodingServerLog.txt)
Added: Auto reconnect option in EncodingClient.exe
Changed: /knlmeanscl-opencl-device to /knlmeanscl-opencl-device-id and /x264-opencl-device to /x264-opencl-device-id
Fixed: EncodingServer.exe not starting on machines with more than 32 logical processors.
Got a stall, looks like the same sort of thing I was seeing before the update, but I don't really know what causes it so IDK:
https://imgur.com/a/1TjHaAe
Win10 x64 build 1803
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
I can't find the logs: SuperviseProcessLog.txt and EncodingServerLog.txt
I did a search of my C drive and looked in the C:\Temp, RipBot folder (would make more sense to me), and in the %TEMP%\ folder (in my case: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp)
Only thing I found was SuperviseProcess.exe in the temp folder

I couldn't turn off the Server 2 (Thread 2 in the screenshot). I was able to end task the Ffmpeg.exe and that kicked the server 2 into off mode, and then I was able to start it again. Server 1 started encoding.
Not sure how important it is but normally the Ffmpeg.exe and x265_x64.exe show as a child (underneath) the RipBot264 Encoding Server tree like this: https://i.imgur.com/4etbRzc.jpg
But before I ended the Ffmpeg.exe task it was in the background processes list. Hope this helps.

byteshare
12th December 2018, 22:18
I usually don't convert .sup (PGS) subs to .srt. I use the .sup from blu-rays as is. Every media player I use seems able to read .sup files. My thinking is, why bother dealing with optical character recognition issues when you can use the flawless original.

I expect someone to chime in with srt enlightenment.

Media players I use:
VLC on Windows 10 PC
KODI on Android box
KODI on Windows 10 PC
D-Link Boxee Box
I don't convert them either but some players like Plex and Emby don't do well with them. They don't even always do well with embeded (in MKV) subtitles depending on which platform you're on.

byteshare
13th December 2018, 04:21
Since auto-updating to v1.23.2, RipBot264 doesn't close cleanly on it's own. After clicking the "X" in the top-right of the primary RB interface, the RB icon remains in the taskbar. Right-clicking the icon and choosing "Show" opens a non-functioning RB interface that I have to force close.

Additionally, the jobs I loaded before the update generated errors when running them post-update. I had to reload those jobs post-update.

I reverted to v1.23.1, which restored RB's ability to close cleanly. Then I got RB to re-auto-update to v1.23.2, which returned RB to being unable to close cleanly.

Might be Windows specific? I haven't had an issue on Win10 64bit build 1803.

As for the jobs having an issue, might be a depreciated filter since the changes in KNLMeans? IDK, I didn't have an issue with that either.

I didn't have an issue with Win10's protection, not sure why you did but I see you're on a higher Win10 build than me.

Please prevent RB taskbar tab from disappearing upon interface minimization. Perhaps give users the option to choose.

Please don't limit the number of audio tracks that can be demuxed or added to the output file when loading jobs from BD folder structures.

Please don't limit the choices for demuxing subtitle tracks to all or one when loading jobs from BD folder structures.

I haven't had an issue with RB taskbar tab disappearing either, some all-around strange issue it seems that you've been having.

as for audio/subs, personally I'd either have it copy all or what I usually do process the audio separate and manually mux it (video, audio, subs, etc...) all together after I've encoded the video with a batch script.

Are these improvement requests being considered?:

Adding the ability to manually enter "name" information for video, audio and subtitle tracks within RipBot264 (RB) would be an asset.
This feature could be further enhanced by adding combo boxes with user-definable text strings for track names. This user-definable content should remain intact when RB is updated.

Removing limitations on the quantity of demuxable audio tracks from BD structure sources as well as the quantity of selectable audio tracks to be contained in the output file would be an asset.

Enabling output file names with periods (.) would be an asset.

RB’s “Automatically” setting for video cropping is capable of detecting the difference between pixels with desired video vs black. Could similar capability be implemented for RB’s “new frame” selector?

For resolution reducing encodes of non-standard crop ratio videos, like the BD vers of the movie "The Hateful Eight" @1920x700, RB doesn't offer a precise ratio-maintaining option. Users have to calculate it. Some might not know how. Especially considering the reduction factor determinate varies from width for most videos to height for others. Examples: 1920x1080 cropped to 1920x1016 requires 1280/1920 x 1016 to calc the height for 1280x678 (1280x677.333) or 1440x1080 cropped to 1436x1064 requires 720/1064 x 1436 to calc the width for 972x720 (971.729x720). In my 1st example, (1920x1016) the width determines the res reduction factor. In my 2nd example, the height determines the res reduction factor. In both examples I maintained the cropped source ratio while reducing the res to 720. RB should have an option for auto step-down to any standard res (1080, 720, 576, 480 etc.) while maintaining precise ratio of cropped source. Like my examples, RB would have to identify whether the width or height determines the reduction factor.
If you implemented this, users wouldn't need to calculate the pixel height or width for any res step-down while maintaining cropped source ratio.
If adding the ability to edit the title would default to the source title that would be nice as well.
Personally, I've always manually demuxed BDs, DVDs, ISOs, etc... before processing them with RipBot but I see a few people that like to use this feature.
I've gotten used to the no periods in names but I could see why it would be helpful, that and adding more foreign language support such as Chinese and Japanese.
The last feature sounds interesting but I've manually done it so many times I forget sometimes what would be helpful for the average user.

byteshare
13th December 2018, 04:25
Hey, I just had a look at the screenie (the 1st one), and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's the very latest build 1.13.0, as it hasn't got "Auto reconnect" option in EncodingClient.exe, in the bottom right hand corner !!!

I haven't had any stall's since the very latest auto update. (touch wood)

And yes it is / was very frustrating when you couldn't Stop the stall server :(

I'm not sure about the EncodingClient but I'm on v1.23.2 for RipBot...maybe the update didn't go as planned?
Would you confirm your EncodingClient version please?
I am on v1.13.0.0, it might be there is a newer version but I need to run another update? I'll try that.

"Update" I tried to force an update and I didn't get any new files. I didn't try to manually update the EncodingServer with the version that was linked from a Media Fire link....was waiting for an "official" version.

byteshare
13th December 2018, 04:28
So just to confirm, when this option is enabled, it "remux's" the subtitle(s) just duplicating their original format ?? eg: sub, sup, srt.

And are they selectable, or hard coded ??

I know there's another option for painting / hard coding them.

Be nice if there was an option to convert to srt.

The option to the left is Render Subs...that will make them hard coded.
For converting them that is an option in the main RipBot settings called:
"Conver Blu-Ray subtitles to DVD format"
Unless there is another option somewhere I've missed?
There isn't an easy and 100% accurate way to convert image subtitles to text subtitles so you'd either have to do that manually or look for a text based version on the Internet.

slalom
13th December 2018, 07:59
So just to confirm, when this option is enabled, it "remux's" the subtitle(s) just duplicating their original format ?? eg: sub, sup, srt.

And are they selectable, or hard coded ??

I know there's another option for painting / hard coding them.

Be nice if there was an option to convert to srt.
Check your job's temp folder. You can select what you want, the order, the default.
Why would you need to convert to srt if you have the original sup file?

ReinerSchweinlin
13th December 2018, 08:44
I started some jobs tonight, will see what will happen to the subtitles when I come home :)

Another thing popped up: A client which was running fine the last times now reports that the cmd-file in the shared folder is not found (eg: //pc/share/ripbotsharefolder/chunks/3.cmd or so...)... If I open the network share in Explorer on this PC, I see all the files, can copy them, everything is fine... Another Server picks up this chunk with no problem..

What yould be the cause for this?

slalom
13th December 2018, 11:39
Yes, I know that all the demuxed files are in there...

Because my TV needs UTC-8, srt's...
Buy an Android TV Box and use Kodi

ReinerSchweinlin
13th December 2018, 12:13
I have a fire TV with plex, which runs fine.. (Except for h265 10bit and above)
Friends have chromecasts, also nice

ReinerSchweinlin
13th December 2018, 12:27
nice :)

byteshare
13th December 2018, 16:08
Well, my LG 4K TV plays everything I throw at it, HDR x265, looks fantastic :)

And as I like subtitles, having to convert them to srt, is a small price to pay !!!

I have an LG TV too, WebOS 3.5 I think. I can play DVD and BluRay subs with the default video player, must be a TV Hardware thing or WebOS thing?
I use Emby on it which plays much subs fine as well.
Used to use Kodi more but no WebOS app :(

FuzzyNutz
13th December 2018, 17:40
Well, my LG 4K TV plays everything I throw at it, HDR x265, looks fantastic :)

And as I like subtitles, having to convert them to srt, is a small price to pay !!!

My newest media player is a low-cost, fanless mini pc running windows 10, similar to an android box. I use vlc and kodi on it to stream from my home network. It plays 4k, hevc and yes, .sup subtitles.

I tweaked memory management for both vlc and kodi to prevent playback pauses. I use the audio dynamic range compression capabilities in vlc and kodi. Thus, no more extremes between quiet and loud; a task previously handled by an a/v receiver.
It'll play almost anything and because it's a windows pc, web surfing with your favourite browser is a breeze.

byteshare
14th December 2018, 08:42
I'll definitely be checking out Emby...never heard of it, thanks, byteshare :)

Update:- so I sussed out Emby this morning, and soon realised it's for "streaming" content, and I don't like that, so that was a bust :(

Also, another auto update today :)

In your case I'd say you're better off with a streamer like Plex/Emby so it can on the fly burn in subs when you want subs that aren't compatible with your TV. Lowers the quality but better than burning in subs with RipBot or having to track down subs for every file and/or manually converting them to srt (IMO).

ReinerSchweinlin
14th December 2018, 08:43
Emby is much like plex - it uses a server and a client... The upside of this concept is, that you can have one central media server and many clients connecting to them. Since plex and Emby are capable of real time transcoding content while streaming, you can have multiple machines with different capabilities in your setup. For example:

- I can view ALL of my library on any of my mobile phones all over the world - as soon as I have an internet connection fast enough for the quality I want to watch (transcoding is x264 in Plex, donīt know if Emby is up to x265).... If no internet is available, I can set plex up to download the videos in advance and store them on the fone to watch offline
- my TV has had several small media players (fire TV, Android TV Boxes, small NUCs with WIndows / Linux) which all had a Plex Client on it - so I can watch everythin in the lokal network
- If I am at work, I can watch my stuff

The transcoder autoamtically detects the bandwith of the connection, the playback capability of the client and - if needed - transcodes everything accordingly... Of course, transcoding is CPU-intensive, so havnig a small NAS for a few bucks and wanting to transcode 40mbit x264 4K videos is a no go... Any Intel Quick Sync machine or at least some higher Core2Duo machine is enough to have at least 720p with 4Mbit watchable - a 120 Euro Kaby Lake NUC easily transcodes several FUll HD Streams at once...

Most of my files are h265 high quality ac3/dts/etc..- so if one client only is capable of h264 and stereo AAC - no problem, Emby, Plex take care of this and transcode on the fly...

gryph
14th December 2018, 10:27
So there's been some talk about subtitles the last days, but this was about soft remux
- but since there's been no response to my earlier post about the bug when hardcoding subs, I'll try again

First, thank you so much for this program!
I've been using RipBot for years now.
However, for a long time now, there's been some sort of bug - havn't been able to find any reports of this, so here I go...
I use Ripbot to hardcode subtitles and set a fixed video bitrate.
However I have to edit every single subtitle file (.srt/.ass) with an extra line in the very end to assure I get the "original" last line of sub hardcoded.
Which ever program is handling the subtitles, is deleting the very last line in the process.
So adding a custom new last line have been my fix.
Not sure exactly when this started to happen - but it's been going on for a long long time (1 year+ at least I'd guess).
Prior this issue didn't occure and there was no need to add an extra line of subtitle.
I ofc. always keep Ripbot up-to-date. So question is, is there a bug somewhere in the program - or am I missing something?
(btw - I run on Windows 7 machines only)

Fingers crossed for a fix... would save me from having to edit every single subtitle file before encode.

Cheers

Anyone, other than me, having this issue?
Anyone having any clue to why this happens?
Anyone with any suggestion to fixing this?

Gryph

gryph
14th December 2018, 11:48
Hey Gryph,

So, are you using Ripbot just to incorporate subtiles ?? or are you filtering & adjusting files ??

If you're just after subtitling, I would suggest Handbrake, to either soft or hard code any sub's.

Hi there, and thanks for replying.
If you read my first post - the one I quote above... You'll read that I use Ripbot to hardcode subs and re-encode to a set bitrate.
I have looked at Handbreak (and others) but I really prefer Ripbot.
I use .ass subs only (Handbreak only support these if they are muxed into the mkv = 2x the work)- I convert .srt subs to .ass as I can play around with the style in .ass - which you can't in .srt
Anyways, like I said, the hardcoding used to work with no issues (long ago)... and it still does (kinda) except it deletes the very last line in the subtitle - hence me adding a fake last line to every single sub file.
So my guess is, there's must be some bug with the part of RipBot that hardcodes the subtitles.

Gryph

Atak_Snajpera
14th December 2018, 12:29
Hi there, and thanks for replying.
If you read my first post - the one I quote above... You'll read that I use Ripbot to hardcode subs and re-encode to a set bitrate.
I have looked at Handbreak (and others) but I really prefer Ripbot.
I use .ass subs only (Handbreak only support these if they are muxed into the mkv = 2x the work)- I convert .srt subs to .ass as I can play around with the style in .ass - which you can't in .srt
Anyways, like I said, the hardcoding used to work with no issues (long ago)... and it still does (kinda) except it deletes the very last line in the subtitle - hence me adding a fake last line to every single sub file.
So my guess is, there's must be some bug with the part of RipBot that hardcodes the subtitles.

Gryph

I've checked and all subtitles are shown on my PC. Can you provide some samples (subtitles) where this problem occurs.

ReinerSchweinlin
14th December 2018, 12:46
About Subtitles - it was me indeed beeing too blind to simply switch on the subtitle option - so I now have the subtitles in the encodes, all is fine...

How about audio tracks in batch mode? Seems only the first track is encoded.. If I manually add one encode job, I can deal with up to 3 Tracks. Am I again doing something wrong ? It would be totaly sufficient for me if simply all tracks would be encoded and kept with the same coded (e.g. having a source file with 5.1 dts, 2.0 ac3, etc... -> 5.1 AAC, 2.0 AAC.. all AAC).. Is this possible?

userx
14th December 2018, 14:03
Hello,

Since todays update the encoding servers wheren't shown in the taskbar. Encoding Client isn't able to connect to the local started servers.
Some 'new' SuperviseProcess.exe-windows are shown which brings me to the idea that somewhere the IP is missing.

[2018-12-14 14:56:32] EncodingServer.exe (PID:8276) is NOT responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:32] EncodingServer.exe (PID:8276) has been killed. No response for 1 minute.
[2018-12-14 14:56:32] D:\Programme\Ripbot264\EncodingServer.exe /start /restart-if-no-progress /ip 0.0.0.0 /port 3000 (PID:5628) executed.
[2018-12-14 14:56:33] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:34] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:35] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:36] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:37] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:38] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is NOT responding.

It is possible to connect to remote servers which hasn't been updated up to now.

running Ripbot264 on W10 1809

ReinerSchweinlin
14th December 2018, 14:43
Which "switch" did you find ? :)

https://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=16617&stc=1&d=1544798599

:)

slalom
14th December 2018, 20:03
About Subtitles - it was me indeed beeing too blind to simply switch on the subtitle option - so I now have the subtitles in the encodes, all is fine...

How about audio tracks in batch mode? Seems only the first track is encoded.. If I manually add one encode job, I can deal with up to 3 Tracks. Am I again doing something wrong ? It would be totaly sufficient for me if simply all tracks would be encoded and kept with the same coded (e.g. having a source file with 5.1 dts, 2.0 ac3, etc... -> 5.1 AAC, 2.0 AAC.. all AAC).. Is this possible?
After the batch is loaded, edit the job you want and go to audio 2 or 3 to add the track you want (#1 is the default track)
Personally, I rarely use it

byteshare
15th December 2018, 04:01
Got a stall, looks like the same sort of thing I was seeing before the update, but I don't really know what causes it so IDK:
https://imgur.com/a/1TjHaAe
Win10 x64 build 1803
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
I can't find the logs: SuperviseProcessLog.txt and EncodingServerLog.txt
I did a search of my C drive and looked in the C:\Temp, RipBot folder (would make more sense to me), and in the %TEMP%\ folder (in my case: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp)
Only thing I found was SuperviseProcess.exe in the temp folder

I couldn't turn off the Server 2 (Thread 2 in the screenshot). I was able to end task the Ffmpeg.exe and that kicked the server 2 into off mode, and then I was able to start it again. Server 1 started encoding.
Not sure how important it is but normally the Ffmpeg.exe and x265_x64.exe show as a child (underneath) the RipBot264 Encoding Server tree like this: https://i.imgur.com/4etbRzc.jpg
But before I ended the Ffmpeg.exe task it was in the background processes list. Hope this helps.
Had this happen for a 3rd time now...with sources that weren't having this issue really until the update. I believe something is worse now but it could just be random chance that the stall issue is happening more now than it had in a month.

byteshare
15th December 2018, 04:05
@byteshare, & @ReinerSchweinlin,

Hey guys,

I really appreciate your input & suggestions, but I have absolutely no need, or desire for a media streaming server setup.

I don't need to stream to multiple devices, and/or multiple rooms, and also having to put all media on a single "box", and have it going just so I can watch a movie on the TV, seems a waste of energy, IMO.

As for the subtitles (which is the only issue), once I have demuxed them from the movies (which most have), and convert & spell check them, I don't mux them back in, it only needs to be in the same folder/directory as the movie, with the same exact naming (accept for the .mkv, .srt of course).

Cheers

If you got a standalone player, such as a MiBox (Android TV) and used MX Player, VLC, Kodi, etc... you wouldn't have to do the extra work with subtitles and then you wouldn't have to deal with putting all of your media in one place for a Emby/Plex server...which would be less work for you and less money than buying a new TV for better subtitle support and/or avoiding burning in subs with RipBot (not that you do but that would be another alternative).

byteshare
15th December 2018, 07:00
So is this happening after the very latest auto update ??, I got another one yesterday !!

Encoding Server is now up to version 1.13.1.0 !!

I was about to edit my post to say, I just got the 1.13.1.0 update...so I hope this won't happen now, lol

Ryushin
15th December 2018, 14:03
Getting a new error after the latest update:

The program can't start because OpenCL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Going to see if I can find the OpenCL.dll somewhere. The Dell video driver wont' have it for the servers and I doubt the virtual machines video driver would have it as well.

Ryushin
15th December 2018, 17:43
I installed the Xeon OpenCL Runtimes for Intel Processors from:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers
They make you register an account. That stinks.

So now I have opencl.dll and RB does not show that error, but it does not start the encoding servers or start itself up. It looks like it is calling openclinfo.exe in the process list but that never completes so the Encoding servers do not start.

If I manually kill openclinfo.exe using the process manager, soon after starting a encoding server, I can get it to start.

byteshare
15th December 2018, 17:50
After all of the talk recently with subtiles (and audio while I was at it) I decided to give them another go in RipBot.
I have been for a few years now manually muxing audio (either a copy of source or processed outside of RipBot) and subs with a batch file.
Using the method that I've been doing does a few things for me:
Keeps MKV Title info (if there is any)
Handles more tracks than RipBot seems comfortable with ;)
Gives me some audio controls not found in RipBot
etc...
That said, I really do prefer RipBot over other encoders...

Okay what I tested. I tested a 15s clip with 5 audio tracks and 2 subtitles. (I'll post media info after this description)
Had "Skip demuxing Process" turned off in settings and was using the batch mode (doing this for single files would not be something I'd consider since I'd be handling many files at once).
For batch mode I had Remux Subs on and Copy Stream. Pictures of this:
https://imgur.com/a/oBugnzb

Media Info (source):
General
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 7.08 MiB
Duration : 15 s 560 ms
Overall bit rate : 3 817 kb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 16:55:12
Writing application : mkvmerge v29.0.0 ('Like It Or Not') 64-bit
Writing library : libebml v1.3.6 + libmatroska v1.4.9
Attachments : Arial_0.ttf / ArnoPro-Display.otf / Ascriptt.ttf / DFGSogeiW5-Kami.ttf

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High 10@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 16 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 16 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 14 s 932 ms
Bit rate : 1 492 kb/s
Width : 704 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Original frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.184
Stream size : 2.66 MiB (38%)
Writing library : x264 core 129 r2245+729M 1a52e03
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / fade_compensate=1.40 / psy_rd=0.60:0.20 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 /
chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / interlaced=0 /
bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / fgo=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40
/ intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=17.0 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=81 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.10
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Matrix coefficients : BT.470 System B/G

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID : A_AC3
Duration : 14 s 944 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 817 KiB (11%)
Title : 1
Language : Spanish
Service kind : Complete Main

Audio #2
ID : 3
Bit rate : 224 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Stream size : 409 KiB (6%)
Title : 2
Default : No

Audio #3
ID : 4
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Title : 3
Language : Italian

Audio #4
ID : 5
Title : 4
Language : Japanese

Audio #5
ID : 6
Bit rate : 192 kb/s
Stream size : 350 KiB (5%)
Title : 5
Language : English

Text #1
ID : 7
Format : ASS
Codec ID : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Duration : 3 s 440 ms
Bit rate : 139 b/s
Count of elements : 1
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 60.0 Bytes (0%)
Title : asdf fdsa

Text #2
ID : 8
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Bit rate : 53 b/s
Stream size : 23.0 Bytes (0%)
Title : asdf -asdf

Menu
00:00:00.000 : ja:OP

What I got after the encode was a video with 1 audio track and 2 subtitles (with no MKV title info):
General
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 1.49 MiB
Duration : 15 s 560 ms
Overall bit rate : 801 kb/s
Movie name : 00Test00-001
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 16:59:19
Writing application : mkvmerge v29.0.0 ('Like It Or Not') 64-bit
Writing library : libebml v1.3.6 + libmatroska v1.4.9

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L3@Main
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 14 s 932 ms
Bit rate : 635 kb/s
Width : 704 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 3:2
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Original frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.078
Stream size : 1.13 MiB (76%)
Writing library : x265 2.9+14-3023bd8b05c0:[Windows][GCC 8.2.1][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=4 / numa-pools=16 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=704x480 / interlace=0
/ total-frames=358 / level-idc=0 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=5 / no-allow-non-conformance / no-repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / open-gop
/ min-keyint=24 / keyint=240 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=8 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=20 / lookahead-slices=0 / scenecut=40 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh
/ ctu=16 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=16 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=0 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0
/ nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=2 / limit-refs=3 / no-limit-modes / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / weightp / weightb /
no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=0:0 / sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=3 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=1.50
/ psy-rdoq=0.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=crf / crf=22.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 /
aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=16 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=1 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=1 /
transfer=1 / colormatrix=1 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / max-cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps /
no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr / no-hdr-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=5 /
scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-mv-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine /
no-single-sei
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Bit rate : 192 kb/s
Stream size : 350 KiB (23%)

Text #1
ID : 3
Format : ASS
Codec ID : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Bit rate : 134 b/s
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 58.0 Bytes (0%)

Text #2
ID : 4
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Bit rate : 53 b/s
Stream size : 23.0 Bytes (0%)

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:OP

If this is working as intended, so be it.
As I've said I already, I am used to batch muxing files outside of RipBot but my guess this isn't very helpful for videos with more than 1 audio track.
MKV title info is probably something very few people care about so no worries on that...I have my batch file :D

slalom
15th December 2018, 19:13
@Atak
Same error again
File:blah blah blah
FFVideoSource: No video track found
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job68\getinfo.avs, line 2)
Is there a limitation with the number of subtitles in a mkv file?
This one had 38 subs. I removed a few with mkvmerge, now there are 21 subs

The job loaded with no errors

Atak_Snajpera
16th December 2018, 12:24
OK, just had a stall !!! :(

On one Port, using EncoderServer 1.13.1.0, I killed Port 3000 in Process Hacker, which sort of let other servers try and take over, but it was just "scrolling" thru all enabled port, (Auto Reconnect, was enabled) but really wasn't doing much.

So I decided to abort the Job, then backing out of RB, upon restarting RB, it found the chunk that needed to be completed, which it did, but then it didn't progress to muxing it all back together :(

So I decided to abort again !!

And then on re starting the job again, the damn thing started from the very beginning :(

Can't tell you anymore than that, will update when this job is complete.

Update: OK, 1 hour & 12 minutes later, the 2nd attempt went thru without a hitch, however, for what ever other reason there's quite a audio sync problem :(

Update #2:So it happened again, on the very next job, you've just gotta kill whatever port has stalled, abort the job, re start RB, and hope it starts from where it left off.

Whatever the problem is, "Supervise Process" can't restart it.

So it looks like "stall" issue can not be fixed. For some unknown reasons both processes SuperviseProcess.exe and EncodingServer.exe hang at the same time. I give up. You will have to accept this problem or use something else.

Atak_Snajpera
16th December 2018, 13:08
I don't believe that you're gonna give up !!!

So, let's say it's an FFMPEG problem, (which has been questioned), when was the last time RB had a newer version of that, updated ??

20180823, is when.

I just went to https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/static/, and correct me if I'm wrong, there seems to be a lot newer builds than that, available.....worth a try ???

OR, is there something else other than FFMPEG that can be used for what needs to be done ??

Just thinking out loud.

You haven't posted screenshot from process hacker/explorer but I'm 99% sure that I would see something like this
https://i.imgsafe.org/64/64e47d67e1.png

gryph
16th December 2018, 19:35
I've checked and all subtitles are shown on my PC. Can you provide some samples (subtitles) where this problem occurs.

Finally had some free time to make some samples.
You can get them here: https://mega.nz/#F!8Tom3YjL!3QWwKc6cwiwQf-C3WxCZKw
There are 4 files in total.

https://i.gyazo.com/adc449d96f3bcf7a9bffc752c3e30612.png

I always use batch convert... so I did the same for this sample.
These are the settings used for the sample encode.

https://i.gyazo.com/14d1f092c56fd75c6af60081b2a51529.png

And as you'll see, the "bug" only happens when I use .ass subtitles (which is all I do use :) )
However, once the job is created and you go to the job-folder, the subtitle is fine - all lines are there.
Somehow the last line goes missing doing the encode.

Did a few quick test with older versions of RB
RipBot264v1.21.0 = Same result. Last line is missing.
RipBot264v1.20.0 = Works! All lines are encoded.
RipBot264v1.19.6 = Works! All lines are encoded.
RipBot264v1.19.4 = Works! All lines are encoded.

So it seems something changed from v1.20.0 to v1.21.0
Now... I need coffee! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help sort this issue.

Gryph

Ryushin
17th December 2018, 02:16
I installed the Xeon OpenCL Runtimes for Intel Processors from:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers
They make you register an account. That stinks.

So now I have opencl.dll and RB does not show that error, but it does not start the encoding servers or start itself up. It looks like it is calling openclinfo.exe in the process list but that never completes so the Encoding servers do not start.

If I manually kill openclinfo.exe using the process manager, soon after starting a encoding server, I can get it to start.

Just received another update. I'm not able to get any encoding servers to start now even if I kill openclinfo.exe.

Edit: I'm having limited success getting a Encoding Server to run. Having to kill the openclinfo.exe process just right.

byteshare
17th December 2018, 06:13
So it looks like "stall" issue can not be fixed. For some unknown reasons both processes SuperviseProcess.exe and EncodingServer.exe hang at the same time. I give up. You will have to accept this problem or use something else.
So far I've had less issues with the most recent version.

Atak_Snajpera
17th December 2018, 10:58
Well, after another VERY annoying experience with the current build of RB, I took a "video capture" of what was going wrong when RB "shit itself".

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a1dcz...43258.mkv/file
Encoding server window would tell you what went wrong. You will most likely see error saying "File \\Your-PC\RipBot264Temp\Job1\Chunks\1.cmd" does not exist!
This message pop-ups when there is not access to shared folder. You have "Auto reconnect" option enabled and therefore you see this endless loops of "Staring..." <-> "Queue".

ReinerSchweinlin
17th December 2018, 10:59
Encoding server window would tell you what went wrong. You will most likely see error saying "File \\Your-PC\RipBot264Temp\Job1\Chunks\1.cmd" does not exist!
This message pop-ups when there is not access to shared folder.

I had exactly that issue on some machines (which worked fine before) - Interesting though - if the share is looked up in the explorer, everything is there, the batches can be opened manualy - but ripbot encodingersever complains exactly like you describe above..

Atak_Snajpera
17th December 2018, 11:08
I had exactly that issue on some machines (which worked fine before) - Interesting though - if the share is looked up in the explorer, everything is there, the batches can be opened manualy - but ripbot encodingersever complains exactly like you describe above..

I've noticed the same on virtual machine. If I authenticate shared folder via explorer (once) then everything is fine. What is weird that on real machine on my LAN this problem does not occur. I will have to investigate this issue a little deeper.

ReinerSchweinlin
17th December 2018, 11:12
As far as I remember, the machines here with this issue were:

- older Core2DUO over a VPN (Router - Router) with Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit (fairly fresh install, only some tax software is present, too....)..
- Intel NUC with Win 10 S 64 Bit on the same net as the master machine, completely fresh install, only one plex-server present, too.
- i5 Notebook with Windows 10PRO 64 Bit in the same net as master machine

All of them used to work fine in the past, nothing has changed on the machines (maybe some automatik updates from windows which I don`t monitor or keep track of..)

ReinerSchweinlin
17th December 2018, 12:50
There was no error message...did you see one in the clip ???? No.
As Atak mentioned above - the error message appears in the encoder server window - did you see it there? In your video I see no encoder server window.

Atak_Snajpera
17th December 2018, 13:16
@burt123
Forget about encoding in ripbot for some time and come back in next year to see if things are improved. Ripbot is a free software so you lose nothing. Just switch to other less frustrating software. Personally I don't care.

Ryushin
17th December 2018, 13:20
I loaded a x265 4K movie, and it took RB over 30 minutes to do it's thing, and after all that, it did what that capture shows (and this was on 2 different pc's)

Admittedly, RB does a pretty good job on x264 files, but it just takes way too long to do "thing's" with x265.

I would suggest that if you could start from scratch with a RB type program (Ripbot4K) that is basically exclusively for x265, 4K encoding & limited filtering, & DE (of course) so that it only takes a couple of hours to run thru a 4K movie, instead of a couple of days.

For example, if you load a 4K x265 into MKVToolNix, it almost immediately shows everything that that file contains, then you add & remove the tracks you want, and within a fairly short time you have your "new" edited movie.

Like I said earlier, it takes approx. 30 +/- minutes to just load a x265 4K file.

I'm going to defend Atak here. You should not be complaining about the speed of x265 encodes or the amount of time it takes to rip them.

It is your choice to use whatever encoding settings you want. Either x265, x264, or the x264 with all the options it provides. There are tradeoffs. You can choose where you want the tradeoffs to happen. In quality vs size vs speed.

For example, I've tweaked my h.264 settings to this which increased my encoding time 30% but gave me a better encode in quality and size.

With all my servers running, I could see up to 90 frames per second during an encode. Those servers run about 2300 watts of electricity when running full tilt.

Now lets get to x265. x265 is HEVC. High Efficiency does not mean fast. The new codec provides roughly 50-100% better compression. But the compression comes as heavy cost to encode and playback. Just think that it takes 2-3 times the amount of processing power to encode compared to x264. On top of that, a single 4K frame is four 1080P frames. So 4K should take 4 times longer to encode then 1080P regardless of the codec being used to encode. Add your already slow encode just got slower. This does not included turning on MDegrain2.

So my servers can see 10-20fps encoding 4K without using MDegrain2. All the while consuming a huge amount of electricity.

We are at the beginning of general use of x265. Many years ago I had the same speeds for x264 encodes. But as hardware changes, those are now really fast compared to x265. A decade from now, x265 will be easier where we are at now for x264.

So how do you make your x265 encodes go faster. You need to throw money at the problem. Demuxing the streams is much faster on a SSD, but the Terabytes of encodes that I do, I would destroy the SSD in short order and in addition the cost to purchase the large SSDs are expensive. For encoding x265, I don't think there is anything better then the AMD Zen based chips.

So the saying with cars, How fast do you want to go? = How much money you want to spend. Applies in every way to this case. There is no free lunch here. Money = Speed.

Atak_Snajpera
17th December 2018, 15:11
As far as I remember, the machines here with this issue were:

- older Core2DUO over a VPN (Router - Router) with Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit (fairly fresh install, only some tax software is present, too....)..
- Intel NUC with Win 10 S 64 Bit on the same net as the master machine, completely fresh install, only one plex-server present, too.
- i5 Notebook with Windows 10PRO 64 Bit in the same net as master machine

All of them used to work fine in the past, nothing has changed on the machines (maybe some automatik updates from windows which I don`t monitor or keep track of..)

Good news. I found the problem. During authentication instead of client's local computer name I was using ip address.

for example
net use \\192.168.1.100\RipBot264temp /user:UserName UserPassword

instead of
net use \\Client-PC\RipBot264temp /user:UserName UserPassword

I remember that someone in the past asked if I could use IP address instead of local computer name. In practice it turned out that it was a terrible idea because accessing shared folder via IP is ULTRA slow. I immediately reverted back my code to old method but I totally forgot about authentication command for server!

ReinerSchweinlin
17th December 2018, 15:20
Whoooo :) Wonderful! Itīs like christmas already :)
I will try as sonn as I reach my Mastermachine :)

Thanx!

(now where was this donate-button... lookielookie..)

LigH
18th December 2018, 09:40
Well, x265 is not x264; it does not provide a "film" tuning, only: psnr, ssim, grain, zerolatency, fastdecode

Atak_Snajpera
18th December 2018, 10:57
Of course you are...

So how many movie length x265 encodes to you do ??

And I'm sure as hell happy I don't have to pay your power bill !!!!

Just imagine how much time (and money) you would save it RB didn't spend so much time gathering information & indexing & demuxing & remuxing, it would be nearly an hour per job.

For example, if I had a Job Queue that had multiple x265 jobs, and I set it going, it would take approx 30 minute before it would even think about encoding, then a day later (if you're lucky), it would then take approx another 30 minutes to mux it all back together, then on the next job....same again, so over several jobs, hours have been wasted doing nothing :(

Like I said in a previous post, MKVToolNix does it's job in minutes, admittedly there's no DE, or filtering, but if the movie quality is good, (and most 4K movie's are), why does RB have to pull it apart, and put it back together. That's what takes all the time (other than the encoding), and why that has to take so long, when the file is already "up to scratch".

The problem with you is that you do not see difference between simple remuxing (copying streams from one container to another) and re-encoding! (processing frames and encoding to reduce file size). You also do not understand simple things like why encoding 3840x2160 frames take 4 times more time to process/encode than 1920x1080. Next. You also use x265 which uses a lot more complex algorithms in order to increase compression efficiency than x264. If MKVToolnix offers so amazing "compression and speed" then what are you even doing here? Seriously! Your "frustration" comes mainly from lack of knowledge in this particular topic.

Ryushin
18th December 2018, 12:31
Of course you are...

So how many movie length x265 encodes to you do ??

And I'm sure as hell happy I don't have to pay your power bill !!!!

Like I said in a previous post, MKVToolNix does it's job in minutes, admittedly there's no DE, or filtering, but if the movie quality is good, (and most 4K movie's are), why does RB have to pull it apart, and put it back together. That's what takes all the time (other than the encoding), and why that has to take so long, when the file is already "up to scratch".

I have about 160 4K discs. Only about 2/3 done with my encoding for 4K right now.

Power bill is heavy. Wife complains.

So as Atak just posted, I understand what you're thinking and trying to do. There is a big difference between remuxing and re-encoding. If you just want to get the 4K movie off the disc and onto your computer, then use MakeMKV and it will take the film and place it into a MKV file at it's original quality and size from the 4K disc. Average size of your file will be between 45-100GB in size. Should take about an hour or so per disc to do and then you are done. All the original subtitles will be there as well.

Now if you want to make changes to said video, making it smaller, degraining, etc. then you will need to re-encode. This is what RB is for. It takes time to extract each component to set it up for how RB processes it (Handbrake skips this step, but it also can not do DE). After that, its encoding time. So for me it is 1-3 movies per day, depending on if I'm using MDegrain or not. If the file size is not right (for me) then I tweak its settings (MDegrain) and back it goes for encoding. I like to shoot for the movie to be 1/3 to 1/4 of it's original size. So about 15-25GB depending on length. Depending on grain, I might have to redo the encode 2-3 times. So a single movie, might take 1-4 days to get done.

Since time seems really important to you, just use MakeMKV and keep the original movie. Get a couple of 10GB drives and store your movies natively.

burt123
18th December 2018, 12:56
The problem with you is that you do not see difference between simple remuxing (copying streams from one container to another) and re-encoding! (processing frames and encoding to reduce file size). You also do not understand simple things like why encoding 3840x2160 frames take 4 times more time to process/encode than 1920x1080. Next. You also use x265 which uses a lot more complex algorithms in order to increase compression efficiency than x264. If MKVToolnix offers so amazing "compression and speed" then what are you even doing here? Seriously! Your "frustration" comes mainly from lack of knowledge in this particular topic.

One last comment/reply...

I have helped you with a lot of problem solving with your program, over the past couple of years, to help get it better, and I'm happy that I was able to help.

I have told you many times that this IS way over my head, and sometimes you expect "us" to be able to read your mind, when it comes to feedback of problems, and where & what to look for.

I have had NO IT training at all.

Having said that, in my experience, RB does an awesome job with anything up and including 1080, x264.

And it's probably clearly the fastest x265 encoder around, mainly due to the DE function.

My suggestions of building a simple remuxing tool, that also offers some filtering, denoising, & DE, would be very welcome, as most 4K movies probably don't require encoding, and I'm not too interested in reducing file size.

So there's an opportunity for you to create another great program.

You're right, I probably shouldn't be here, so I will disappear.

I won't stop using RB.

ReinerSchweinlin
18th December 2018, 13:01
Exactly ... Storage with traditional HDs is so cheap these days..... If remiuxing is faster on a SSD, one could take this intermediate step and pull everything in one peace over to the HD.. Much cheaper on the bill and a lot quicker than re-encoding...

If Size/Quality Ratio is not that big of a concern - one could easily buy a recent GPU oder CPU with hardware encoding and be very quick with very good results. My 50 Euro Pentium (Kaby Lake) was able to do 1080p in H265 10 Bit in "faster than realtime" with no sweat... and Q20 gave results for a normal Movie (with not too much grain in it) at max 6mbit or so.... All my quicksync encodes look very good with about 50% to 100% more Bitrate thrown at them than x265 - and are done much faster..

Of course, If one wants to squeeze out the best quality per bitrate possible - you have to filter, use X265 instead of hardware, take slow settings, wait, twak, CU-losless your brains out, etc.. :) I really enjoy optmizing things, but thats more of a question of "whats important to me - time? Quality? Having a Hobby? Learning the secrets of encdoing? go to avisynth college...??

But it all comes down to the basics - understanding the difference between re-muxing and re-encoding - I agree on that :)

ReinerSchweinlin
18th December 2018, 13:48
And it's probably clearly the fastest x265 encoder around, mainly due to the DE function.
RB uses x264 and x265 - which are used by almost every other software for encoding... Speed of encoding mainly relies on the x265 part... Given the same parameters while encoding, most Software bundles (Staxrip, RB, handbrake, Mediacoder, etc... thousands probably) are of the same speed.

RB has this one wonderfull feature of Distributed encoding - which is probably unique... (Iīve seen Mediaencoder having some network settings.. never got it to work).

This way your file can be split up into many small parts - and every PC in your network can contribute encoding..

Thatīs the speed advantage....

Of course, RB does some muxing, indexing, etc... This is helpful and necessary to keep everything together and in sync... Handbrake (for exmaple) can deal with a videofile without that many "pre-steps", because it simply starts at the beginnig (but take a look at staxrip, wich demuxes also). Handbrake does subtitle scanning which can take a while, too..

But all this time (preparing before encoding) is "next to nothing" compared to the encoding time itself when using x265 in 4k and high quality settings (if you filter, it gets even worse)...

My suggestions of building a simple remuxing tool, that also offers some filtering, denoising, & DE, would be very welcome, as most 4K movies probably don't require encoding, and I'm not too interested in reducing file size.

And here probably lies the biggest misunderstanding....
Filtering, Denoising (which is filtering).... requires re-encoding.. There is NO WAY to simply remux and have a filter applied....

So your suggestion is impossible (not because no one wants to try, it really is impossible!).

slalom
18th December 2018, 14:21
Having said that, in my experience, RB does an awesome job with anything up and including 1080, x264.

It's not the program man, It's your Hardware

That requires re-encoding

remuxing & re-encoding are two different things

FuzzyNutz
19th December 2018, 02:16
Clicking "remove" permanently deletes jobs. Removed jobs should move to the recycle bin.

Wishbringer
19th December 2018, 07:59
Only a remark how good or bad is --opencl in x264:

I am encoding in DE mode.
Two Ryzen 2700X with RX550 and DDR4-3200

using placebo preset...

With opencl enabled for RX550 I get around 13 fps alltogether, but cpu-utilization is around 45%,
when opencl is disabled cpu-utilization increases to 100%, but encoding fps only increases to 19 fps.
(this means higher wattage for CPU but lower demands for GPU)

With opencl enabled and using two encodingservers per Client cpu-utilization stays at around 45%, no increase of encoding fps.
(so opencl at RX550 seems to be the bottleneck, I am curious that opencl at RX550 seems to be slower than without on Ryzen 2700X)

Is there a possible option to enable x264 opencl for the first encodingserver per client and disable for the second one?

Atak_Snajpera
19th December 2018, 10:04
(so opencl at RX550 seems to be the bottleneck, I am curious that opencl at RX550 seems to be slower than without on Ryzen 2700X)

Have you checked GPU usage in Task Manager? This would clearly show if GPU is a bottleneck here.

Is there a possible option to enable x264 opencl for the first encodingserver per client and disable for the second one?
Not yet but I will add this to my short to do list.

UPDATE: Have tried adding incorrect device id to disable opencl acceleration?
/x264-opencl-device-id 9

ReinerSchweinlin
19th December 2018, 10:06
AFAIR Remember, Win10 Task Manager not always is 100% reliable to show GPU workload. I am using GPU-Z to cross-check.

Ryushin
19th December 2018, 13:04
One last comment/reply...

You're right, I probably shouldn't be here, so I will disappear.

You don't have to go away. Atak has done and is doing an amazing job evolving RB. He spent a lot of time trying to solve your problem, but doing without being able to duplicate the issue in his development environment, makes it REALLY hard to debug and troubleshoot. At some point, he cannot solve it from his end.

You also have to understand, Atak may be a bit short sometimes. He may feel sometimes that some are ungrateful with all of his hard work. (I'm very grateful for RB!) And he just gets exasperated. He has a life too outside of RB and who knows how much stress is involved in that. And on top of all of this, he develops RB for FREE and on his own time. We have to be more grateful for everything he has done.

So in the end, we can post bugs that we find, and hope that Atak can fix them. But if he can't, and a work around exists, then we should just live with it. Just look at how much more RB does year after year. 4K support just got added around this time last year. Amazing stuff.

Thank you Atak for such an amazing problem and your awesome support.

byteshare
19th December 2018, 17:06
Clicking "remove" permanently deletes jobs. Removed jobs should move to the recycle bin.
You can just not have a job get removed until you're ready to have the temp files deleted.
There is an option in the settings for this: Keep jobs after conversion

FuzzyNutz
19th December 2018, 17:41
You can just not have a job get removed until you're ready to have the temp files deleted.
There is an option in the settings for this: Keep jobs after conversion

Not applicable when clicking "remove" and doesn't address non-use of recycle bin.

Wishbringer
19th December 2018, 20:47
UPDATE: Have tried adding incorrect device id to disable opencl acceleration?
/x264-opencl-device-id 9

with "/x264-opencl-device-id 9" at second encodingserver now I got 100% CPU usage.
So your suggestion works. That x264 task from 2nd encodingserver has 0% GPU usage.
Thanks!

now the weird ones:
with one encodingserver using opencl and one encodingserver not using opencl I got per client 100% CPU usage an 2% GPU usage (GPU usage is unexpected low!)
with both encodingservers using opencl per client I got again around 45% CPU usage and 40-60% GPU usage (again unexpected low, expected 100%)
But the difference in GPU usage between one and two servers is remarkable, and curious.

HDD usage can't be the reason: using 1TB 970 Evo M.2 NVMe with around 3.5 GB/Sek reading and 2 GB/Sek writing.
RAM is 64GB DDR4-3200-16-16-18-38
Network is 1GBit per client over HPE 1920S-48 switch (at moment only 3 pcs on it)

the only result I got like expected :
Both encodingservers without opencl gave 100% CPU and 0% GPU usage.

Ryushin
20th December 2018, 14:12
Atak, not sure if you were aware that updates are not working right now:

2018-12-20 06:46:42 : =========================[UPDATER ACTIVATED]=========================
2018-12-20 06:46:42 : Looking for correct UUID link in http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/
2018-12-20 06:46:43 : [SUCCESS] http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ has correct UUID link 6c966b28-e0dd-48f6-b1c7-a56e8a275ec0
2018-12-20 06:46:43 : Downloading update file http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ripbot264update/update.zip
2018-12-20 06:46:43 : [ERROR] Unable to download update file http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ripbot264update/update.zip
2018-12-20 06:46:43 : Searching for UUID link with DuckDuckGo...
2018-12-20 06:46:44 : Search results...
2018-12-20 06:46:44 : http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl
2018-12-20 06:46:44 : Looking for correct UUID link in http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl
2018-12-20 06:46:44 : [SUCCESS] http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl has correct UUID link 6c966b28-e0dd-48f6-b1c7-a56e8a275ec0
2018-12-20 06:46:44 : [ERROR] Unable to download update file http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ripbot264update/update.zip
2018-12-20 06:46:44 : No results.

I was hoping for an update to fix the OpenCLInfo hang problem.

Atak_Snajpera
20th December 2018, 14:28
with "/x264-opencl-device-id 9" at second encodingserver now I got 100% CPU usage.
So your suggestion works. That x264 task from 2nd encodingserver has 0% GPU usage.
Thanks!

now the weird ones:
with one encodingserver using opencl and one encodingserver not using opencl I got per client 100% CPU usage an 2% GPU usage (GPU usage is unexpected low!)
with both encodingservers using opencl per client I got again around 45% CPU usage and 40-60% GPU usage (again unexpected low, expected 100%)
But the difference in GPU usage between one and two servers is remarkable, and curious.

HDD usage can't be the reason: using 1TB 970 Evo M.2 NVMe with around 3.5 GB/Sek reading and 2 GB/Sek writing.
RAM is 64GB DDR4-3200-16-16-18-38
Network is 1GBit per client over HPE 1920S-48 switch (at moment only 3 pcs on it)

the only result I got like expected :
Both encodingservers without opencl gave 100% CPU and 0% GPU usage.

What happens with CPU and GPU usage if you run single encodingserver with opencl ON and then during conversion activate extra server with Opencl OFF?

gryph
21st December 2018, 11:00
Finally had some free time to make some samples.
You can get them here: https://mega.nz/#F!8Tom3YjL!3QWwKc6cwiwQf-C3WxCZKw
There are 4 files in total.

https://i.gyazo.com/adc449d96f3bcf7a9bffc752c3e30612.png

I always use batch convert... so I did the same for this sample.
These are the settings used for the sample encode.

https://i.gyazo.com/14d1f092c56fd75c6af60081b2a51529.png

And as you'll see, the "bug" only happens when I use .ass subtitles (which is all I do use :) )
However, once the job is created and you go to the job-folder, the subtitle is fine - all lines are there.
Somehow the last line goes missing doing the encode.

Did a few quick test with older versions of RB
RipBot264v1.21.0 = Same result. Last line is missing.
RipBot264v1.20.0 = Works! All lines are encoded.
RipBot264v1.19.6 = Works! All lines are encoded.
RipBot264v1.19.4 = Works! All lines are encoded.

So it seems something changed from v1.20.0 to v1.21.0
Now... I need coffee! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help sort this issue.

Gryph

Noone have any ideas to why this is happening?
Or to what have changed from those two versions?
Saw a post about v1.20.0 was the last 32-bit version and v1.21.0 beeing 64-bit or something, but can't find that post nomore.
Dunno if this would change anything(?)

Wishbringer
21st December 2018, 17:28
What happens with CPU and GPU usage if you run single encodingserver with opencl ON and then during conversion activate extra server with Opencl OFF?
Not possible at moment, am now at vacation. Around 02.01.19 back.

gryph
21st December 2018, 18:21
Update on my own issue:
Decided to downgrade to 1.20.0 and disable the updater. This turned out to be a great idea!
The bug with the subs is gone and even better is, I now get 40 FPS encodes up form 13.5 - 15 FPS.
Whatever the diffrences is on the versions above 1.20.0 there seems to be some huge changes.
As I don't care for H265/4K stuff I don't know if there's a boost to this encode form - which some have been complaining about taking too long.
Try downgrading and see if that changes things for you guys aswell.
Anyways... Good luck! :)

Gryph

ReinerSchweinlin
22nd December 2018, 20:08
Hey Gryph,
do you have some OPNECL Filters enabled?