PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

kempodragon
27th August 2018, 18:35
Back in April, I built a whole new rig using the Threadripper 1950x. For a test run, I encoded one of my recordings of my camcorder for upload to Vimeo. This was a straight bitrate reduction, no change in fps or resolution. In terms of speed alone, it smoked my old setup, but there was a strange bottleneck that made me wonder if anyone else had similar problems.

My old setup: AMD A-10 Kaveri quad core, and my MSI gx70 laptop, also an AMD A-10 quad core working together over wi-fi. Each system could run two servers instances, my main achieving an average of ~50 fps combined and my laptop also able to run two servers with an average of 25 fps combined, for a total of ~75 fps. Both systems were stock and all core usage was at the max. I always ran 2 pass, so the speeds are an average of both passes.

My Threadripper was able to achieve an average speed of ~250 fps over 2 passes, but I could only run 4 servers before all 16 cores were maxed out. This is what has me puzzled, and was hoping some one could shed some light. I run completely stock speeds and my temps max out at 68 degrees C thanks to the Enermax Liqtech AIO that I have installed.

I haven't updated to the newest Ripbot yet, so maybe the update will let me use more servers, but I really would like to know why I could only run 4 servers, it seems I should have been able to run more.

slalom
27th August 2018, 18:45
@Atak
After the latest update, when I run Ripbot the program starts and I get an error "Windows could not find...", it's a small window so It doesn't show which file.
I checked the taskbar and "EncodingServer.exe" was not running. I had to start it maually from the folder

This happened on all 3 PCs, after today's update, can you check that please?

Atak_Snajpera
27th August 2018, 19:03
@kempodragon
And what is your question?

slalom
27th August 2018, 21:24
@Atak
I can't give a screenshot, you would't understand the language
It just says "Windows could not find..." and there is half the path to my Ripbot folder
It also says, "make sure the name is correct and try again"

I manually run EncodingServer.exe and everything works

burt123
28th August 2018, 03:40
* = logical processor aka thread

Yes. If you enable NUMA in bios you will get two graphs in task manager like I showed you before.

SUCCESS :) I have 2 NUMA Nodes per pc. (old Xeon's)

I wish I knew how to add those screenshots you use...(hint, hint).

OK, turned out that NUMA was enable on all the pc's I've checked so far, on the Tyan boards, they call it "ACPI SRAT Table", and with that enabled the Task Manager displays as per your screenie :)

With the Coreinfo check, I get 2 lines, one for each node, with 6 asterisks for node 0, and ditto for node 1. (dual 6 core's)

I'll be very interested if NUMA is an option on the ASUS X9 WS board I have the Xeon E5 12 core on.

So on with the next question, how do I now "enable" them in DE, like you show (post #15981 pg 800) ??

Cheers :)

burt123
28th August 2018, 03:51
Back in April, I built a whole new rig using the Threadripper 1950x. For a test run, I encoded one of my recordings of my camcorder for upload to Vimeo. This was a straight bitrate reduction, no change in fps or resolution. In terms of speed alone, it smoked my old setup, but there was a strange bottleneck that made me wonder if anyone else had similar problems.

My old setup: AMD A-10 Kaveri quad core, and my MSI gx70 laptop, also an AMD A-10 quad core working together over wi-fi. Each system could run two servers instances, my main achieving an average of ~50 fps combined and my laptop also able to run two servers with an average of 25 fps combined, for a total of ~75 fps. Both systems were stock and all core usage was at the max. I always ran 2 pass, so the speeds are an average of both passes.

My Threadripper was able to achieve an average speed of ~250 fps over 2 passes, but I could only run 4 servers before all 16 cores were maxed out. This is what has me puzzled, and was hoping some one could shed some light. I run completely stock speeds and my temps max out at 68 degrees C thanks to the Enermax Liqtech AIO that I have installed.

I haven't updated to the newest Ripbot yet, so maybe the update will let me use more servers, but I really would like to know why I could only run 4 servers, it seems I should have been able to run more.

Just because it's "maxed out" doesn't mean you can't add more servers...I use up to 8 on one pc...it all helps !!!

Oh to have a Threadripper :(

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2018, 12:51
So on with the next question, how do I now "enable" them in DE, like you show (post #15981 pg 800) ??
Just run two servers with different /node value

EncodingServer.exe /node 0
EncodingServer.exe /node 1

burt123
28th August 2018, 13:13
Just run two servers with different /node value

OK, sounds easy enough...

What about other pc's when using DE, on different IP's ??

Say for instance, you had 4 pc's, running 4 server instances each, can you somehow use node 0 & 1 multiple times ?? or ..

And does the Server Name change ?? (this is a user input naming option)

And with Priority, what difference can that make ??

Hope that makes some sort of sense..

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2018, 13:19
You can run as many servers on single node as you want if you are still having problems with low cpu usage

And with Priority, what difference can that make ??
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/procthread/scheduling-priorities

burt123
28th August 2018, 13:33
You can run as many servers on single node as you want if you are still having problems with low cpu usage

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/procthread/scheduling-priorities

Excellent, thank you very much...

Now a tiny little difference I have noticed in the ripbot.ini, between the auto-updated previous version, to the "full" version you posted on Mediafire..

in the pre, it shows:- "MTFiltersList=MDegrain2;QTGMC;"

in the "full":- "MTFiltersList=MDegrain2;QTGMC;z_ConvertFormat;"

what does the "z_ConvertFormat;" control ??

And I just got another "core" auto update.

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2018, 13:40
Extra note to my previous answer. I also strongly recommend manually specifying port number!
EncodingServer.exe /node 0 /port 1000
EncodingServer.exe /node 0 /port 2000
EncodingServer.exe /node 1 /port 3000
EncodingServer.exe /node 1 /port 4000

what does the "z_ConvertFormat;" control ??
This filter is used in HDR to SDR conversion.

And I just got another "core" auto update.
It is a fix for issue reported by slalom. (EncodingServer.exe couldn't be automatically executed by Ripbot264.exe if path had spaces)

burt123
28th August 2018, 14:02
Extra note to my previous answer. I also strongly recommend manually specifying port number!
EncodingServer.exe /node 1 /port 3000
EncodingServer.exe /node 1 /port 4000

Nice :)

or in any "random" order, meaning:- node 0/port 1000, node 1/port 2000, node 0/port 3000, node 1/port 4000, etc, for all 16 if needed, and this will pick up on the other NUMA servers in the DE, which will need there own similar settings, correct ?? or only per pc.

Not sure how to word the question I'm trying to ask.

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2018, 14:11
You've lost me with this one...

burt123
28th August 2018, 14:54
You've lost me with this one...

I thought I would...

So let's say you have 4 PC's doing DE, 2 of them can use Numa, and the others can't.

Do you have to allow for that on each PC's DE settings, or just on the individual PC ?

Still not sure if that makes sense.

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2018, 15:48
If other PCs are regular single socket CPU (no multiple numa nodes) then you can omit /node switch completely

EncodingServer.exe /port 1000
EncodingServer.exe /port 2000
EncodingServer.exe /port 3000
EncodingServer.exe /port 4000

/node 0 will work as well
EncodingServer.exe /node 0 /port 3000
EncodingServer.exe /node 0 /port 4000

Some examples
PC A = dual socket xeon (6c/12t)
EncodingServer.exe /node 1 /port 2000

PC B = laptop (2c/4t)
EncodingServer.exe
PC C = desktop (16c/32t)
EncodingServer.exe /port 1000
EncodingServer.exe /port 2000

kempodragon
28th August 2018, 16:23
@Atak When I ran my test encode, I opened one server at a time while watching core usage. At 4 servers, all 16 cores were at 100%, while my cpu temps reached 68 degrees C where they stabilized. That's why I wanted to know if anyone else had similar problems. I didn't want to try anymore servers, because I was afraid of overheating.

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2018, 16:26
I still don't get it. You ran 4 encoding tasks and you are surprised that you have 100% cpu usage? Well you should be happy that you have software which can fully utilize those 32 threads.

kempodragon
28th August 2018, 16:51
Yes, my old quad core could only do two servers before all the cores hit 100%, that's why I was surprised when I hit 100% on all 16 cores with only 4 servers. I honestly thought I could get more encoders running before hitting full cpu utilization. Is there some limit to number of servers that one computer can open?

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2018, 17:21
No limit but EncodingClient is designed for 16 so above that you can't use them anyway.
Cpu usage may rise much faster if you do some heavy filtering in avisynth (resize from 2160p to 1080p + tonemapping (HDR->SDR) + mdegrain2)

kempodragon
28th August 2018, 17:55
Well my camcorder only does 1080p60 and I don't do heavy filtering so no real stress there. I'm curious to see what your new x265 benchmark does as well as the newest version of Ripbot, since they appear to be optimized for Threadripper and the newest Intel.

slalom
28th August 2018, 18:16
It is a fix for issue reported by slalom. (EncodingServer.exe couldn't be automatically executed by Ripbot264.exe if path had spaces)
I DO have spaces in the path, same path all those years

:thanks:

gabbett1
28th August 2018, 20:02
My ripbot just updated and now it won't encode. When I try to start jobs, it just sits there. Normal encoding works, but distributed encoding seems to freeze.

Ryushin
28th August 2018, 23:19
Yep, VSFilter is what is crashing ffmpeg. On the Dell, I removed the MDegrain and just tried to encode the movie just using single thread, on Superfast and it crashed .7% into it. Error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffmpeg.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: VSFilter.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.0.800
Fault Module Timestamp: 5ace31a2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000ce9aa
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d121
Additional Information 2: d121596965eaaf60f095f4d9bc0bf843
Additional Information 3: a18a
Additional Information 4: a18a1eba5b1778212204d59f13f4f060

Will you be able to create a sample with script? We need proper bug report for people maintaining VSFilter.

So I'm finally getting back to this. It seems if I try to render subs using either .srt or .ass I get this crash. I've tested this with a small test file as well. I can pack c:\temp\ripbot264 and c:\ripbot264temp to submit to the people who are maintaining VSFilter. Can you confirm that rendering .srt or .ass is causing ffmpeg to crash on your end? It is doing it on two systems here.

Atak_Snajpera
29th August 2018, 11:12
Can you confirm that rendering .srt or .ass is causing ffmpeg to crash on your end? It is doing it on two systems here.
In my case VSfilter also crashed with DVD subtitles. Problem definitely is in this filter.

byteshare
29th August 2018, 17:02
Well my camcorder only does 1080p60 and I don't do heavy filtering so no real stress there. I'm curious to see what your new x265 benchmark does as well as the newest version of Ripbot, since they appear to be optimized for Threadripper and the newest Intel.
Could add some denoise filters, even light will increase CPU demand

byteshare
29th August 2018, 17:04
My ripbot just updated and now it won't encode. When I try to start jobs, it just sits there. Normal encoding works, but distributed encoding seems to freeze.
In the EncodingServer.exe window do you see any errors?
Does the server just sit at idle?

gabbett1
31st August 2018, 17:04
In the EncodingServer.exe window do you see any errors?
Does the server just sit at idle?

I don't see any errors. It's just idle.

I did notice that if I turned off distributed encoding and then back on I will get the error "cannot find F:\Blue". I looked through all the settings and cannot find any such command. I don't know why this is coming up. So I created a file called Blue on my F drive and tried the process again. It opened the file up for each movie waiting to be encoded. Was very odd.

gabbett1
31st August 2018, 17:25
I noticed that the encoding client hadn't been started. I turned it on manually and it works now. Looks like I'll have to start the encoding client manually for now?

Ryushin
4th September 2018, 14:05
In my case VSfilter also crashed with DVD subtitles. Problem definitely is in this filter.

Looks like it may be fixed:
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1850600&postcount=951

I'll be testing it shortly.

byteshare
4th September 2018, 21:21
Not sure why but RipBot is changing é to Θ when muxing the files after an encode.
The filename displays correctly in the queue.
I'm having this issue on a Windows 10 machine.
Using RipBot Core 2018.07.11
Example:
Pokémon XYZ - 0889 - From A to Z! [iTunes DL 1080p] (Arian)
Into:
PokΘmon XYZ - 0889 - From A to Z! [iTunes DL 1080p] (Arian)

On my current encode it is now just failing to mux them:
Z:\>"C:\RipBot\EncodingClient.exe" "Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job113\job113_EncodingClient.meta"

Z:\>"C:\RipBot\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "Z:\MergeAudio&Video\A\Pokémon Movie 12 - Arceus And The Jewel Of Life [BluRay] (LightEssence).mkv" --compression 0:none --title "Pokémon Movie 12 - Arceus And The Jewel Of Life [BluRay] (LightEssence)" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265"
mkvmerge v23.0.0 ('The Bride Said No') 32-bit
'Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265': Using the demultiplexer for the format 'HEVC/h.265'.
'Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265' track 0: Using the output module for the format 'HEVC/h.265 (unframed)'.
The file 'Z:\MergeAudio&Video\A\PokΘmon Movie 12 - Arceus And The Jewel Of Life [BluRay] (LightEssence).mkv' has been opened for writing.
'Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265' track 0: Extracted the aspect ratio information from the HEVC video data and set the display dimensions to 1920/1080.

The cue entries (the index) are being written...
Multiplexing took 25 seconds.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 05h:29m:33s

If I manually do it I don't have an issue with the video and is the correct length. Maybe something to do with MKVToolNix Command Line?

Privateer5000
5th September 2018, 11:34
I have an issue when i shut down my computer and Ripbot is running (just idle, minimized in tray). I get an Error Message saying "Connot focus a disabled or invisible Window" and my computer does not shut off. I have to close RipBot by hand and then i can turn off my computer. Any Idea?

varekai
5th September 2018, 17:17
Any Idea?
Close RipBot and then shut down Windows?

Privateer5000
5th September 2018, 20:00
But this also happens when i tell Ripbot to shut down when encoding is finished. Problem was introduced with Version 1.23

burt123
6th September 2018, 07:41
But this also happens when i tell Ripbot to shut down when encoding is finished. Problem was introduced with Version 1.23

No problems here...with Windows 7 & very latest Ripbot !!

Privateer5000
6th September 2018, 09:16
Maybe a Windows 10 Problem, have Win10 running on both PC's

Atak_Snajpera
6th September 2018, 10:42
Problem solved. Expect auto-update soon. (tomorrow)

Privateer5000
6th September 2018, 19:23
Thanks a lot :-)

burt123
7th September 2018, 02:49
So, I was using Ripbot (very latest build) yesterday, with approx 20 or so job's in the queue, and it was ticking along quite nicely.

But just now (the next day), I opened Ripbot, and it displayed an error I had never seen before, something like "List index is out of bounds", and there were no job's in the queue, so I re started Ripbot, with the Temp Folder open, and before my very eyes, ALL the job folder's just disappeared, and I've got nothin' !!!!

Now I have to do it all again :(

Any clues ??

PS:- I just wanted to add, that the ONLY thing I did differently was that I had Ripbot turn itself off, yesterday.

Maybe there's a little glitch with that function as noted by Privateer5000.

byteshare
7th September 2018, 21:48
Is there any info I can send that would help explain why sometimes an encode server never starts?
It is listed as idle in the Encoding Client and shows starting in the job chunk list.
I haven't seen a reason for it yet

burt123
8th September 2018, 01:58
Is there any info I can send that would help explain why sometimes an encode server never starts?
It is listed as idle in the Encoding Client and shows starting in the job chunk list.
I haven't seen a reason for it yet

OMG, byteshare, I am SO glad you've brought this up.

I have had this problem on nearly every job I've done, since the very latest build....it is so annoying that you go away from the pc, expecting it to just carry on, and you return, only to notice it hasn't done anything for, some times hours, just because one chunk / server has either failed to start, or "freeze's" just at the end, like 99.8%.

It used to happen randomly on earlier builds, but was never diagnosed to discover what was really causing it, so no fix was made.

If there was some way Atak could come up with a process that "scan's" all the servers / chunks every so often, can detect if one or more has stalled, or failed to start, and refresh's them and they start the next available server.

I had a couple of instance's yesterday (after losing the whole queue), that a server would fail to start, so you'd try and stop it, but that didn't work, you could press the Stop button all day, it would not respond, so the only way was to force Ripbot to close, and a few times even a reboot was required to reset everything.

And another thing, ABORT is a bit hit & miss, sometimes it will, but for me, most times it won't. Use to work every time, when it was a part of the "chunk's" DE screen.

I was really hoping that the last "BIG" auto update with Avisynth & ffmpeg updates may have fixed the problem, but it actually seems worse :(

Are you using Numa Nodes ???

So, Atak, please don't take this the wrong way, we are trying to explain what some major problems are, and we're more than happy to help, where possible. Trying to help make Ripbot better, and better :) :thanks:

Ryushin
8th September 2018, 02:02
Looks like it may be fixed:
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1850600&postcount=951

I'll be testing it shortly.

All the tests I've run so far are showing this is fixed in the latest vsfilter.

burt123
8th September 2018, 05:49
Further observations & comments, following on from posts #16038, 39 & 40.

I have been watching the chunk/server window as it's processing, (fresh setup of Windows 10 1803), and I've noticed that some chunks will "stall" at "Starting" for a certain amount of time, then just reset to "Offline".

Then, other "chunk's" will be processing away, then all of a sudden, they just restart, back to 0%, and not not just one at a time, up to 4 or 5. And this seems to just loop, until the user does something, but once these problems start, "Abort" doesn't work, and a forced closure is needed, and more often than not, a PC re-start :)

So there's something very strange going on, as this is happening on both Windows 7 & 10.

Might have to go back to the build before 1.23.0 (Final), where a lot of problems started :(....but I really like the NUMA Node option.

byteshare
8th September 2018, 06:43
Further observations & comments, following on from posts #16038, 39 & 40.

I have been watching the chunk/server window as it's processing, (fresh setup of Windows 10 1803), and I've noticed that some chunks will "stall" at "Starting" for a certain amount of time, then just reset to "Offline".

Then, other "chunk's" will be processing away, then all of a sudden, they just restart, back to 0%, and not not just one at a time, up to 4 or 5. And this seems to just loop, until the user does something, but once these problems start, "Abort" doesn't work, and a forced closure is needed, and more often than not, a PC re-start :)

So there's something very strange going on, as this is happening on both Windows 7 & 10.

Might have to go back to the build before 1.23.0 (Final), where a lot of problems started :(....but I really like the NUMA Node option.
Mine tend to get stuck in the "Encoding" status, but on the server it just says: "Encoding started..."

burt123
8th September 2018, 06:56
Mine tend to get stuck in the "Encoding" status, but on the server it just says: "Encoding started..."

Yes, that's what used to happen, but today, when they actually stop encoding, and start themselves again, and this can just loop.

Atak_Snajpera
8th September 2018, 11:31
Is this what happens on your machine?
https://s22.postimg.cc/b28mhz6yp/Untitled-1.png

burt123
8th September 2018, 12:06

Well, from what I can make out from this muddled up screenshot, is that, that is what happens, but more...

Danette
8th September 2018, 18:29
This has me baffled: I have placed an AVS file into the Tools-Avisynth plugins-Scripts-Custom folder so that I can apply it from the dropdown menu in the batch settings. However, the job is rejected every time, returning the error message “I don’t know what ‘YV12’ means.” I have tried many different types of script to test this, such as; QTGMC, TIVTC, and many simpler scripts. Same problem occurs each time.

Atak_Snajpera
8th September 2018, 19:14
Show me your custom avs script.

Danette
8th September 2018, 20:24
I've tried many scripts, but just a simple one is: video=trim(video,30,100)
Even the default ConvertToInterlaced.avs that is supplied with the GUI returns the same problem.
The JobsRejected log, in addition to showing the YV12 error, cites the "getinfo.avs" file, line 8 for that rejected job. When I look at line 8 of that file, it's just the "#Deinterlace" line.

byteshare
8th September 2018, 21:12
https://s22.postimg.cc/b28mhz6yp/Untitled-1.png

Yes. Both on my Windows 7 and 10 machines

burt123
9th September 2018, 12:07
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera

Well, from what I can make out from this muddled up screenshot, is that, that is what happens, but more...

So, I got the auto update to 1.23.1, and updated the 2 PC's that have been giving me grief, and it has made some difference, for sure, but I still had a few instances of a Server or 2 stalled at "Starting".. (on Client & Server)

As for that screen shot, how did you re-create the error ??

Hopefully if you know what causes it, you can provide a fix :)

Atak_Snajpera
9th September 2018, 12:57
ENCODING SERVER DEBUG VERSION
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i8vfy718coaubzo/EncodingServer.exe/file

When it hangs take a screenshots and show me at what stage it stopped.

burt123
9th September 2018, 14:07

Thanks for this...

So screenshots of just the "chunks" window, and/or other ??

Atak_Snajpera
9th September 2018, 15:09
Server window!

Danette
9th September 2018, 16:13
Show me your custom avs script.

I've tried many scripts, but just a simple one is: video=trim(video,30,100)
Even the default ConvertToInterlaced.avs that is supplied with the GUI returns the same problem.
The JobsRejected log, in addition to showing the YV12 error, cites the "getinfo.avs" file, line 8 for that rejected job. When I look at line 8 of that file, it's just the "#Deinterlace" line.

Danette
9th September 2018, 19:07
This has me baffled: I have placed an AVS file into the Tools-Avisynth plugins-Scripts-Custom folder so that I can apply it from the dropdown menu in the batch settings. However, the job is rejected every time, returning the error message “I don’t know what ‘YV12’ means.” I have tried many different types of script to test this, such as; QTGMC, TIVTC, and many simpler scripts. Same problem occurs each time.

UPDATE: Turns out that the custom script may not be the problem. On a whim, I just tried the batch function with no custom script and received the same “I don’t know what ‘YV12’ means” error. Perhaps this problem is in the GUI functionality and not the scripting.

byteshare
10th September 2018, 16:56

Don't know if this is telling or not, but I can't start the debug version on one of the client PCs that had been only running EncodingServer.exe on. Also they don't start (set to two) when I open the full ripbot.
EncodingServer Debug version does start on the main machine that I encode with. The non-debug version does still run, but I don't think it would be helpful to have half my servers debug and not the other half, since it would be up to chance if one of the debug servers stalls and not the non-debug servers.

Normally these two windows machines encode one file together since they both have a similar CPU (ie slow).

Running an encode now with only the main server.

byteshare
10th September 2018, 16:58
UPDATE: Turns out that the custom script may not be the problem. On a whim, I just tried the batch function with no custom script and received the same “I don’t know what ‘YV12’ means” error. Perhaps this problem is in the GUI functionality and not the scripting.
Do you get the same error if you add a single job (not batch).
I think I remember having a similar issue before and I thought it had to do with either Visual Studio or AVISynth needing to be reinstalled.

Danette
11th September 2018, 01:49
Do you get the same error if you add a single job (not batch).
I think I remember having a similar issue before and I thought it had to do with either Visual Studio or AVISynth needing to be reinstalled.

No: single jobs are fine. However, I just re-installed Avisynth+ and the problem persists when trying to use the batch function. Also tried Avisynth 2.5 and the problem exists there, too.

burt123
11th September 2018, 07:57
Don't know if this is telling or not, but I can't start the debug version on one of the client PCs that had been only running EncodingServer.exe on. Also they don't start (set to two) when I open the full ripbot.
EncodingServer Debug version does start on the main machine that I encode with. The non-debug version does still run, but I don't think it would be helpful to have half my servers debug and not the other half, since it would be up to chance if one of the debug servers stalls and not the non-debug servers.

Normally these two windows machines encode one file together since they both have a similar CPU (ie slow).

Running an encode now with only the main server.

Hi byteshare,

I haven't had any issues with the Debug version, and I haven't had many "stall's" since using it (2 today).

I also use "full" Ripbot on my clients, and have Ripbot auto start with Windows, so it's almost "headless".

burt123
11th September 2018, 13:06
A QUESTION TO ALL YOU RIPBOT USERS:-

How many of you are regularly processing large 4K movie's or tv eps ??

And are you experiencing high memory usage during importing & processing of jobs ??

Danette
11th September 2018, 14:05

And are you experiencing high memory usage during importing & processing of jobs ??

Lots of TV eps. 90% CPU usage - about the same as MeGUI.

byteshare
11th September 2018, 16:26
Server window!
Had the issue come up with the debug version. I don't see anything different though:
https://i.imgur.com/mxXfZBW.jpg

byteshare
11th September 2018, 16:28
I haven't had any issues with the Debug version, and I haven't had many "stall's" since using it (2 today)
I was able to get the issue to duplicate with the debug version but still don't know why it won't run on one of my machines, but luckily I don't normally need to run it. I usually have the servers start automatically on the machine that won't start the debug version.

I don't very often but when I do, I do use more memory during encoding. I'll keep a look out next time I import but I don't remember that being an issue.

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2018, 17:27
Use this version for debuging. It will show more information for me.

byteshare
11th September 2018, 22:45
That is the version I'm running says 1.12.1.0 in the Encoding Server window.
Also the version that won't run on one of my computers for some reason.

Danette
12th September 2018, 00:01

Have you tried batch processing your TV episodes? If so, was it successful? I can't get ANYTHING to process using the batch function and no one seems to have a solution.

burt123
12th September 2018, 01:40
Have you tried batch processing your TV episodes? If so, was it successful? I can't get ANYTHING to process using the batch function and no one seems to have a solution.

Hi Danette,

I have done a lot of batch encodes of TV series (not 4K, tho), and didn't have any problems, but it's been a while.

Danette
12th September 2018, 01:46
Hi Danette,

I have done a lot of batch encodes of TV series (not 4K, tho), and didn't have any problems, but it's been a while.

I used to be able to do them in previous versions, as well. It would be helpful if you could try a batch run to see if you have any difficulty. You would know within a minute, so you wouldn't need to run them through. I receive the “I don’t know what ‘YV12’ means.” message as soon as a few files start indexing.

burt123
12th September 2018, 07:54
I used to be able to do them in previous versions, as well. It would be helpful if you could try a batch run to see if you have any difficulty. You would know within a minute, so you wouldn't need to run them through. I receive the “I don’t know what ‘YV12’ means.” message as soon as a few files start indexing.

OK, I will give that a shot for you, give me a couple of days, ok :)

Cheers

byteshare
12th September 2018, 17:52
Happened again, I have both servers showing (that were active) and both are using the debug version:
https://i.imgur.com/Y0gubSF.jpg

Just got the PM with the test version. I'll try that today and thank you very much.

burt123
13th September 2018, 06:57
OK, I will give that a shot for you, give me a couple of days, ok :)

Cheers

Hi Danette,

Well, I just did a test for you, I loaded several episodes of a series I have, set a few options, and it loaded every file without issue.

However, as soon as I pressed Start, thats when the problems started, some avisynth error (should have taken a screenshot), so I tried another file, same error, so I imported another file, (not in batch mode), and it did the same thing.

Are you having any problems with just single movie jobs ??

So, what I tried was re installing the latest AviSynth that Ripbot has, and then tried again, and it all went as it should.

So do you know how to install AviSynth from the Ripbot Tools folder ??

In the main Ripbot folder, you'll see a folder called "Tools", go in there, then a folder called "AviSynth", go in there, there should be another 4 folders, and "install.cmd"...double click on that, and that will refresh / install not only the latest version of AviSynth, but all the required Microsoft Visual C++ versions.

So give that a shot, and see what happens.

Danette
13th September 2018, 22:27
Hi Danette,

Well, I just did a test for you, I loaded several episodes of a series I have, set a few options, and it loaded every file without issue.

However, as soon as I pressed Start, thats when the problems started, some avisynth error (should have taken a screenshot), so I tried another file, same error, so I imported another file, (not in batch mode), and it did the same thing.

So, what I tried was re installing the latest AviSynth that Ripbot has, and then tried again, and it all went as it should.

In the main Ripbot folder, you'll see a folder called "Tools", go in there, then a folder called "AviSynth", go in there, there should be another 4 folders, and "install.cmd"...double click on that, and that will refresh / install not only the latest version of AviSynth, but all the required Microsoft Visual C++ versions.

That was it!! Thanks for taking the time to test it and report the problem. I ran the "install.cmd" file and now RipBot264 processes the batch files. I think it registers the necessary programs, as my PC wasn't on-line when I did it.

Now I can move on to the question of why RipBot264 isn't processing my script. It's the same script I used in previous versions, but doesn't work in this version.

One example is this script:

Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")
video=AssumeTFF(video)
video=QTGMC(video,Preset="Very Slow")

Anyone have a clue?

burt123
14th September 2018, 01:36
That was it!! Thanks for taking the time to test it and report the problem. I ran the "install.cmd" file and now RipBot264 processes the batch files. I think it registers the necessary programs, as my PC wasn't on-line when I did it.

Now I can move on to the question of why RipBot264 isn't processing my script. It's the same script I used in previous versions, but doesn't work in this version.

One example is this script:

video=AssumeTFF(video)

Anyone have a clue?

Hi, well I'm glad my suggestion worked for you.

And I have a theory about your script...now I must confess I really have no idea what the problem is, but it might be as simple as you maybe "pointing" the QTMC.avsi to the wrong place.

Are you sure it's in that folder ??

I had a look in that location on my pc, and it doesn't exist...the only place I found QTMC.avsi was in the Ripbot "Tool's" folder

eg:- Tools/Avisynth plugins/Scripts. As for the other lines, can't help ya with them.

Good luck.

Yopen71
14th September 2018, 03:56
Atak_Snajpera
Hi.I have a problem with the encoding server.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nf2TY2HHXhO7Z0olWOlY1U5UyN9g9OE_/view
the encoding server from my second pc send, show wrong local IP and Mac addres
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aNhZdkRaeotqzREYdCKF3Hbl_NMBkFP5/view?usp=sharing

Danette
14th September 2018, 04:48
Hi, well I'm glad my suggestion worked for you.

And I have a theory about your script...now I must confess I really have no idea what the problem is, but it might be as simple as you maybe "pointing" the QTMC.avsi to the wrong place.

Are you sure it's in that folder ??

I had a look in that location on my pc, and it doesn't exist...the only place I found QTMC.avsi was in the Ripbot "Tool's" folder

eg:- Tools/Avisynth plugins/Scripts. As for the other lines, can't help ya with them.

Good luck.

No question about the location. i use it with AvsPMod and MeGUI. Can anyone else see any reason why this script will not work either in batch mode or on single files? I try to view the preview in Avisynth filters section of RipBot264, but no preview appears. Running the job results in RipBot264 ignoring the script and just compressing it to x264 without any filter application.

Atak_Snajpera
14th September 2018, 09:53
No question about the location. i use it with AvsPMod and MeGUI. Can anyone else see any reason why this script will not work either in batch mode or on single files? I try to view the preview in Avisynth filters section of RipBot264, but no preview appears. Running the job results in RipBot264 ignoring the script and just compressing it to x264 without any filter application.

Why don't you use build in QTGMC in ripbot264?
Your script doesn't work because you most likely forgot to load all needed plugins used by that script

Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadCplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")

Atak_Snajpera
Hi.I have a problem with the encoding server.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nf2...UyN9g9OE_/view
the encoding server from my second pc send, show wrong local IP and Mac addres
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aNh...ew?usp=sharing
I suspect you have more than one NIC installed in your PC. Change order of your network adapters in windows
https://s22.postimg.cc/rhqzosjgx/Untitled-1.png

BigM
14th September 2018, 15:22
I want to report a small bug i noticed:
When I select multiple audio tracks for demuxing, for example 1st track Spanish, 2nd track english, the order of the audio tracks is not correct transferred to the enconding settings.
1st audio track is always the 1st track that gets listed in the demuxing selection, not the one I selected as 1st audio track.

For example:
The audio track order on the disc is:
- 1st English
- 2nd Spanish

In the demuxing window I select:
- 1st Spanish
- 2nd English

Order of the audio tracks in the enconding settings
- 1st English
- 2nd empty

Better would be:
- 1st Spanish
- 2nd English

I hope you understand my problem.
This problem started only a few versions ago.

klopsknoedel
14th September 2018, 16:07
I want to report a small bug i noticed:
When I select multiple audio tracks for demuxing, for example 1st track Spanish, 2nd track english, the order of the audio tracks is not correct transferred to the enconding settings.
1st audio track is always the 1st track that gets listed in the demuxing selection, not the one I selected as 1st audio track.

For example:
The audio track order on the disc is:
- 1st English
- 2nd Spanish

In the demuxing window I select:
- 1st Spanish
- 2nd English

- 1st English
- 2nd empty

Better would be:
- 1st Spanish
- 2nd English

I hope you understand my problem.
This problem started only a few versions ago.

Settings -> Main -> Preferred Language

Yopen71
14th September 2018, 16:31
I suspect you have more than one NIC installed in your PC. Change order of your network adapters in windows
https://s22.postimg.cc/rhqzosjgx/Untitled-1.png
Thanks for your answer.
I use the integrated wi-fi adapter in my laptop to connect to my local network. Ripbot's encoding server obtain the local IP and Mac address of my (not active)ethernet card instead of my wi-fi adapter.I use Win10 and Adapters and Bindings are no longer supported by this operation system.I have to use PowerShell (Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceMetric ) to change the order of my network adapters,but there is nothing to change! My wi-fi adapter have higher priority than the ethernet adapter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qbTV0H1Sc8zFuqWjHNOcdke8UieWHPl/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qNc_h-a1kkdnJACgslvtudvWztA1jjdP/view?usp=sharing

Danette
14th September 2018, 17:25
Why don't you use build in QTGMC in ripbot264?

I just happened to pick QTGMC as an example. I have other custom script that I use as well.

Your script doesn't work because you most likely forgot to load all needed plugins used by that script

Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadCplugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")

This didn't work either. If I'm not mistaken, the QTGMC avsi file should pull in all of those plugins, without having to call them independently. For example; using the problem script:

video=AssumeTFF(video)

worked in older RipBot264 versions (1.19) and also works in MeGUI without specifying the supporting plugins, even though it doesn’t work in 1.23.

I have tried other script, such as Bordercontrol, with same failure pattern.

Essentially, there appears to be no custom script that can be called, from outside of ripbot264, that will work in version 1.23.

Atak_Snajpera
14th September 2018, 17:39
AviSynth should return some error message. Use that as clue.

PS. Are you sure you are using 64 bit filters?

Danette
14th September 2018, 18:47
AviSynth should return some error message. Use that as clue.

The only error message occurs when I try to run the job with the script. Then I get the RipBot264 error message:
"The type of file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' could not be recognized."

When I open that video.264 file, it's empty.

If it's referring to the source video, that same source video runs fine when the Avisynth script isn't applied.

PS. Are you sure you are using 64 bit filters?

In the case of the QTGMC example, I loaded the plugins contained in RipBot264. So, here is how it looks:

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3s\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\yadif.dll")
video=AssumeTFF(video)

As always, the job fails immediately with the error message. Preview window also doesn't show the preview.

byteshare
15th September 2018, 02:37
The only error message occurs when I try to run the job with the script. Then I get the RipBot264 error message:
"The type of file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' could not be recognized."

When I open that video.264 file, it's empty.

If it's referring to the source video, that same source video runs fine when the Avisynth script isn't applied.

In the case of the QTGMC example, I loaded the plugins contained in RipBot264. So, here is how it looks:

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3s\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\yadif.dll")
video=AssumeTFF(video)

As always, the job fails immediately with the error message. Preview window also doesn't show the preview.
Would you post your full script from the Edit > AviSynth > Show Video Script
And the error message from the "Preview Script" from the same location

byteshare
15th September 2018, 02:44
I'm having an issue with previewing the video so I can select the crop since the autocrop is likely failing for the same reason:
https://i.imgur.com/ABynArd.jpg

Video mediainfo:
General
Complete name : C:\ReEncode\Crop\Queen Millennia 01x01 A World Turned Upside Down [Village Video] [ENG Dub].mpg
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 379 MiB
Duration : 21 min 45 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 438 kb/s
Writing library : encoded by TMPGEnc (ver. 2.59.47.155)

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings : CustomMatrix / BVOP
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=16
Format settings, picture st : Frame
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 005 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 8 000 kb/s
Width : 352 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Bottom Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.396
Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
Time code source : Group of pictures header
GOP, Open/Closed : Closed
Stream size : 312 MiB (82%)
Writing library : TMPGEnc 2.59.47.155
Color primaries : BT.601 PAL
Transfer characteristics : BT.470 System B/G
Matrix coefficients : FCC 73.682

Audio
ID : 192 (0xC0)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 41.667 FPS (1152 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 59.7 MiB (16%)

If I try to get a new frame I get the same result. The video plays fine (although needs to be cropped) with VLC and MPC-HC
A sample of the file: https://mega.nz/#F!lkhm2ARL!vuCAnj9Kpy_tEVDU_RnTvQ

burt123
15th September 2018, 06:00
I'm having an issue with previewing the video so I can select the crop since the autocrop is likely failing for the same reason:

Hey byteshare,

I remember this green screen thing being discussed quite some time ago..

Maybe this might help...and maybe a couple of the other posts.

https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1829549&postcount=15375

byteshare
15th September 2018, 07:42
Hey byteshare,

I remember this green screen thing being discussed quite some time ago..

Maybe this might help...and maybe a couple of the other posts.

https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1829549&postcount=15375

Tried that, looks normal. Also, I don't get the green preview on other files. You can try loading the test clip and I'm guessing you'll get the green preview as well. I posted a link (~8MB) in the post about the issue.

Atak_Snajpera
15th September 2018, 09:48
Tried that, looks normal. Also, I don't get the green preview on other files. You can try loading the test clip and I'm guessing you'll get the green preview as well. I posted a link (~8MB) in the post about the issue.

Works fine on Windows 7
https://s22.postimg.cc/7x022ybk1/Untitled-1.png

burt123
15th September 2018, 12:46

Hi again,

Got your sample, and same result as Atak, on W7, but will try it on W10 tomorrow.

But how about you try a quick encode, and see if once it's been thru Ripbot, that it might get rid of the green screen.

I did an "Automatic" cropping setting, and used SD-NTSC 720x480, and it turned out just a little different size to original.

Danette
15th September 2018, 16:13
Would you post your full script from the Edit > AviSynth > Show Video Script
And the error message from the "Preview Script" from the same location

There is no error indicatedwhen the "Preview Script" is opened. It simply opens to a normal-sized MPC for a split second and then the MPC window collapses into a very wide, but short, shape with no image.

Here is the script from the "Show Video Script" section:

#MT
Import("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\MTmodes.avs")
#PREFETCH_LIMIT=0

#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
video=MPEG2Source("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.d2v")
#Deinterlace
Import("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\yadif.dll")
video=AssumeTFF(video)

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize

#Tonemap

#Levels

#Colours

#Denoise

#Custom

#Prefetch
video=Prefetch(video,4)

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
Import("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_a1.avs")

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace

#Return
return video

burt123
16th September 2018, 02:19
Hi again,

Got your sample, and same result as Atak, on W7, but will try it on W10 tomorrow.

But how about you try a quick encode, and see if once it's been thru Ripbot, that it might get rid of the green screen.

I did an "Automatic" cropping setting, and used SD-NTSC 720x480, and it turned out just a little different size to original.

Hey byteshare,

So, I have tested this on my Windows 10 (1803) PC, and it's fine, no green screen here.

So you're going to have to dig a little deeper, my friend.

Ryushin
16th September 2018, 15:03
When selecting x265 and it is an HDR source, it always defaults to enabling the tonemap function. Can the default be changed to leave the BT2020 colorspace instead of converting to BT709?

byteshare
17th September 2018, 09:07
Works fine on Windows 7
https://s22.postimg.cc/7x022ybk1/Untitled-1.png
Confirmed the problem is with the original container (.mpg) when I re-mux to mkv with MKVToolNix I don't get the issue.
Update: Tested all 27 files with this issue after batch re-muxing them to MKV from MPG and they are displaying correctly

byteshare
17th September 2018, 09:10
There is no error indicatedwhen the "Preview Script" is opened. It simply opens to a normal-sized MPC for a split second and then the MPC window collapses into a very wide, but short, shape with no image.
Try clicking in the seek bar and then clicking play for the error message

Shrekage
18th September 2018, 05:51
Hi.

Is there any possibility to have the PC name be in the encoding status instead of the IP address? unless I see the "starting..." which displays the name, It is hard to keep up with 16 server IP addressees that keep changing.
http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=16503&stc=1&d=1537246181

byteshare
18th September 2018, 08:46
With the official EncodingServer 1.12.1.0 I'm no longer getting a server stuck on starting an encode but I am getting it stuck while encoding now:
https://i.imgur.com/7OgmckA.jpg

I also figured out why 1.12.1.0 wouldn't start on one PC. Had something to do with Windows update. After running Windows update, which I hadn't done in a while, it opens without issue now.

burt123
18th September 2018, 11:23
With the official EncodingServer 1.12.1.0 I'm no longer getting a server stuck on starting an encode but I am getting it stuck while encoding now:

I also figured out why 1.12.1.0 wouldn't start on one PC. Had something to do with Windows update. After running Windows update, which I hadn't done in a while, it opens without issue now.

Hi byteshare,

That screenshot is massive....

I have to agree with you, I have had a couple stall, but they have been on the server, not the client (if that makes any difference).

Oh, btw, do you have any problems stopping that server, so another can take over ???

But it's a whole LOT better :)

Atak_Snajpera
18th September 2018, 11:30
I think that this time problem might be on your side. Before releasing I've tested new encoding server (1.12.1) on virtual machine (win10) using 16 running server (extreme stress test) many times. I have never experienced this kind of issues. Well to be honest I haven't noticed any problems at all. At this point I can only advise you to check what is happening under the hood. Open Process Hacker and check if ffmpeg.exe or/and x265_x65.exe is still in memory. I suspect that ffmpeg.exe just died and stopped serving frames to an encoder.

HehoChef
18th September 2018, 11:51
Hey guys,
I'm new to the party, acquired a capable Drive and am know ripping, remuxing and partially compressing my BluRays and UHD's.

Thanks to RipBot and distributed encoding, x265 is now feasable for normal people as well.
I'm just baffled by the results im getting:

The resulting Bitrate while having an constant CQ vastly differentiates with the preset.

For example, i reencoded the first 20 Minutes of a 4K remux, @ 3840x1608, keeping 10bit and HDR, assuming that this should be x265 strongest disciplin, with the following results:
-cq 17, slower :20,2MBps
-cq 17, default: 14,5MBps
-cq 17 ultrafast: 4,6MBps

Of course they look very different.
I redid the same thing with Handbrake, yielding similar results.

Shouldn't cq encoding always keep the same visual quality, and the slower speeds allow for better compression, meaning that the tendency should be the other way around. At least thats the way it was with x264.

Maybe someone could give me a rundown of what I'm not understanding, or respectively what I'm dowing wrong.

Thanks a lot

byteshare
18th September 2018, 12:05
Hi byteshare,
Oh, btw, do you have any problems stopping that server, so another can take over ???
No, not usually

byteshare
18th September 2018, 12:06
I think that this time problem might be on your side. Before releasing I've tested new encoding server (1.12.1) on virtual machine (win10) using 16 running server (extreme stress test) many times. I have never experienced this kind of issues. Well to be honest I haven't noticed any problems at all. At this point I can only advise you to check what is happening under the hood. Open Process Hacker and check if ffmpeg.exe or/and x265_x65.exe is still in memory. I suspect that ffmpeg.exe just died and stopped serving frames to an encoder.
They are still in memory. I've had this happen on 3 different machines, of which 2 are Win7 and 1 Win10.
Would it be possible to add in a feature if ffmpeg hasn't responded in say 120s to kill it and restart the server?

byteshare
18th September 2018, 12:08
Hey guys,
I'm new to the party, acquired a capable Drive and am know ripping, remuxing and partially compressing my BluRays and UHD's.

Thanks to RipBot and distributed encoding, x265 is now feasable for normal people as well.
I'm just baffled by the results im getting:

The resulting Bitrate while having an constant CQ vastly differentiates with the preset.

For example, i reencoded the first 20 Minutes of a 4K remux, @ 3840x1608, keeping 10bit and HDR, assuming that this should be x265 strongest disciplin, with the following results:
-cq 17, slower :20,2MBps
-cq 17, default: 14,5MBps
-cq 17 ultrafast: 4,6MBps

Of course they look very different.
I redid the same thing with Handbrake, yielding similar results.

Shouldn't cq encoding always keep the same visual quality, and the slower speeds allow for better compression, meaning that the tendency should be the other way around. At least thats the way it was with x264.

Maybe someone could give me a rundown of what I'm not understanding, or respectively what I'm dowing wrong.

Thanks a lot
The presents don't just affect compression, they also affect quality because they use different settings to either speed up or slow down things to make better predictions.
Very few things with encoding is linear.

sneaker_ger
18th September 2018, 12:08
Shouldn't cq encoding always keep the same visual quality
As you found out it doesn't work that way. Simple as that.

Atak_Snajpera
18th September 2018, 12:58
They are still in memory. I've had this happen on 3 different machines, of which 2 are Win7 and 1 Win10.
Would it be possible to add in a feature if ffmpeg hasn't responded in say 120s to kill it and restart the server?

So like I thought. ffmpeg.exe silently crashed or just stopped serving frames to an encoder. Since ffmpeg.exe is just a messenger I think that something wrong is happening on avisynth level (some filter is behaving badly)

burt123
18th September 2018, 13:02

Atak,

I understand that you'd want to test, and test before release, which I commend, but because it can be so random, it could take days of testing to have a stall.

byteshare,

Your suggestion, (if possible), would be excellent, it would look after itself :)

Atak_Snajpera
18th September 2018, 13:05
It would be better if you could find some pattern. Does it happen on specific file source codec (MPEG-2,MPEG-4 ASP,MPEG-4 AVC,HEVC and so on). The same with avisynth filters.

burt123
18th September 2018, 13:10
It would be better if you could find some pattern. Does it happen on specific file source codec (MPEG-2,MPEG-4 ASP,MPEG-4 AVC,HEVC and so on). The same with avisynth filters.

Atak,

98% of my encodes are x264 mkv's, and I don't use a lot of filters (other than default), occasionally, MDeGrain2, and HQD3D.

But when the stall is a Server, wouldn't that be something a little different (just asking).

byteshare
18th September 2018, 13:58
I don't know what the pattern is but I also don't know what was causing FFMPEG to crash before you changed the EncodingServer to restart on a crash.
Every time it crashes, it will work if I try it again, so I don't know how to reproduce the issue.
I haven't tried it, but I'm sure if I tried the same encode that had a crash it wouldn't have the same issue again.
I have been using the same avisynth filters on a lot of encodes recently and it is rare to have a crash/lockup but a pain when I'm not checking my encodes every few hours, since it could happen at any moment or it could also take days to encounter.

Danette
18th September 2018, 23:32
Try clicking in the seek bar and then clicking play for the error message

Thanks, that worked for reading the error messages. So, onto the messages.

If I try to load this (from the previous post):

Import("C:\Users\Main\Desktop\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")
video=AssumeTFF(video)

The error message simply states that "Import: couldn't open" QTGMC-3.32.avsi. I get the same message if I try to load the same files that are included with RipBot263:

Import("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\yadif.dll")
video=AssumeTFF(video)

How would you construct the script necessary to accomplish this QTGMC function?

byteshare
19th September 2018, 16:51
Thanks, that worked for reading the error messages. So, onto the messages.

If I try to load this (from the previous post):

video=AssumeTFF(video)

The error message simply states that "Import: couldn't open" QTGMC-3.32.avsi. I get the same message if I try to load the same files that are included with RipBot263:

Import("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264 v1.23.0.7\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\yadif.dll")
video=AssumeTFF(video)

How would you construct the script necessary to accomplish this QTGMC function?
This is what it should look like for Medium.
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadCplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
Import("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC.avs")
video=QTGMC(video,Preset="Medium",FPSDivisor=2)
You're missing elements for Very Slow. You also need:
ffms2.dll, RepairSSE2.dll, RemoveGrainSSE2.dll, and FFT3DFilter.dll
You can read more here:
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC

byteshare
19th September 2018, 20:43
Just wanted to say Thank you again for making the queue so much much more friendly. Moved several things around that would have taken at least 5 min, maybe more...did it in about 30s. Even moved some things that in the past I would have just left as is because I didn't want to spend the time.

Atak_Snajpera
21st September 2018, 19:06
I don't know what the pattern is but I also don't know what was causing FFMPEG to crash before you changed the EncodingServer to restart on a crash.
Every time it crashes, it will work if I try it again, so I don't know how to reproduce the issue.
I haven't tried it, but I'm sure if I tried the same encode that had a crash it wouldn't have the same issue again.
I have been using the same avisynth filters on a lot of encodes recently and it is rare to have a crash/lockup but a pain when I'm not checking my encodes every few hours, since it could happen at any moment or it could also take days to encounter.

Question to native english speakers.
https://i.postimg.cc/fLGHtJ52/Untitled-1.png
Does this sentence look good to you or would you prefer something else to describe that "stall" effect.

I don't know...
"Encoding hung"
"Encoding froze"
"Encoding stalled"

Would you also want see at what frame it stopped working?

byteshare
21st September 2018, 20:26
Question to native English speakers.
https://i.postimg.cc/fLGHtJ52/Untitled-1.png
Does this sentence look good to you or would you prefer something else to describe that "stall" effect.

I don't know...
"Encoding hung"
"Encoding froze"
"Encoding stalled"

Would you also want see at what frame it stopped working?
I would prefer "EncodingSever.exe has stopped working" (If I'm understanding the issue correctly)
Stalled, froze, hung, and stopped all come across clearly to me.
Glad to see you've found the issue.

burt123
22nd September 2018, 00:54
I would prefer "EncodingSever.exe has stopped working" (If I'm understanding the issue correctly)
Stalled, froze, hung, and stopped all come across clearly to me.
Glad to see you've found the issue.

I'm with byteshare..

As for knowing what frame it stopped at, probably doesn't really matter to us user's, as long as it's easy to get it started again, unless that is going to be "automatic"...

And there's a new version of mkvtoolnix v26.

freakout
22nd September 2018, 08:39
G'day Atak,

First, thanks for RipBot. It's an incredibly useful app that makes my life easier on a daily basis.

I have two issues with distributed encoding that sound simple to resolve on paper. I couldn't find anyone else referencing them in this thread, so hopefully I'm not wasting your time here.

(1) Since Microsoft have removed HomeGroups from the latest version of Win10, I've frequently had a problem where encoding servers will tell me "File path does not exist!" when the client tries to connect to them. It can usually be revolved by a combination of hard restarts or restarting the Peer Networking processes.

The issue appears to be because the servers are using the Windows computer names in the path, rather than their IP addresses. If I try to browse the machines by name in the File Explorer, it fails. If I use the IP address, however, everything is A-OK.

Is there any possibility that we could have an option for the clients and servers to use IP addressing in the filepath rather than hostnames?

(2) Owing to VPN adapters and a mixture of wired and wireless connections, my various boxes have multiple network interfaces. Usually, unless I disable all others except the primary physical LAN interface, the RipBot server will bind to the wrong IP address/interface. Sometimes it will still work, but usually I will get "access violation" errors on the server when the client tries to start it.

Is there any possibility of getting an option to choose which network interface the server binds to?

Thanks very much for your time.

HehoChef
22nd September 2018, 17:48
Thanks for opening my eyes, and helping me keeping my mental sanity on the x265 presets.

On another note:
Since the latest update i have massive problems when it comes to videos containing eac3 audiotracks.
I'm setting up aac3-lc 5.1 256kbs as a target, and it fails everytime. It works though if i choose any other type of track, lesser quality (standard ac3 640kbps) or better (DTS and TRUEHD) tracks.
What kind of log or verbose would i have to submit so one can look into it?

@freakout: I myself had various Issues with the latest Windows Update, also in an addition with multiple NIC's, some of them virtual. It messed up all my shares and the standard windows firewall. I could'nt even ping the server without disabling it, and the server wouldn't even find its own shares if resolved by ip adress, not to talk about other machines getting into it. It solved for me by using a 1803 ISO to reinstall but with the latests updates, of course keeping all apps, files and setting. The needed reconfiguring was minimal compared to the hours of trouble shooting i invested beforehand. If your problem is a systemwide, as mine was, and not limited to ripbot, I would suggest that.

burt123
23rd September 2018, 08:09
Hi Atak,

I had 3 more "stall's" today, and all of them were on the server, not the main client.

3 different chunks, and very different % of progress 97.1%, 2.3% & 10.8%, also couldn't stop the affected server with the "STOP" button, had to kill with Process Hacker.

These all occurred whilst doing the same encode, and the only filter I was using was MDegrain2.

Ryushin
23rd September 2018, 15:21
Just wanted to say Thank you again for making the queue so much much more friendly. Moved several things around that would have taken at least 5 min, maybe more...did it in about 30s. Even moved some things that in the past I would have just left as is because I didn't want to spend the time.

I second the much improved manipulation of the queue. I'm up to 731 in my job queue as I have not been able to get my job queue to zero in quite awhile. Still have about 100 or so jobs in my queue. Only thing I can suggest is adding an arrow that moves an item to the end or beginning to instead move 10 or so at a time, or just being able to hold down the single arrow and have it move quickly instead of having to click the arrow each time to move one.

byteshare
23rd September 2018, 18:58
Hi Atak,

I had 3 more "stall's" today, and all of them were on the server, not the main client.

3 different chunks, and very different % of progress 97.1%, 2.3% & 10.8%, also couldn't stop the affected server with the "STOP" button, had to kill with Process Hacker.

These all occurred whilst doing the same encode, and the only filter I was using was MDegrain2.

It might be by chance but I reduced the number of servers from 4 to 2 on one of my computers that was having stalls the most and I haven't had one in two days, which I was getting on almost every day.

I second the much improved manipulation of the queue. I'm up to 731 in my job queue as I have not been able to get my job queue to zero in quite awhile. Still have about 100 or so jobs in my queue. Only thing I can suggest is adding an arrow that moves an item to the end or beginning to instead move 10 or so at a time, or just being able to hold down the single arrow and have it move quickly instead of having to click the arrow each time to move one.

The ^^ (double arrow) moves any selection of items to the top or the vv to the bottom. It wasn't clear to me at first that you can select multiple items and move them at once wither with shift clicking or control clicking.
After figuring out all of the improvements I'm not sure the queue needs more work, other than if it wanted to be more noob friendly that allowed clicking and dragging but personally not something I need (Handbreak has this).

G'day Atak,

First, thanks for RipBot. It's an incredibly useful app that makes my life easier on a daily basis.

I have two issues with distributed encoding that sound simple to resolve on paper. I couldn't find anyone else referencing them in this thread, so hopefully I'm not wasting your time here.

(1) Since Microsoft have removed HomeGroups from the latest version of Win10, I've frequently had a problem where encoding servers will tell me "File path does not exist!" when the client tries to connect to them. It can usually be revolved by a combination of hard restarts or restarting the Peer Networking processes.

The issue appears to be because the servers are using the Windows computer names in the path, rather than their IP addresses. If I try to browse the machines by name in the File Explorer, it fails. If I use the IP address, however, everything is A-OK.

Is there any possibility that we could have an option for the clients and servers to use IP addressing in the filepath rather than hostnames?

(2) Owing to VPN adapters and a mixture of wired and wireless connections, my various boxes have multiple network interfaces. Usually, unless I disable all others except the primary physical LAN interface, the RipBot server will bind to the wrong IP address/interface. Sometimes it will still work, but usually I will get "access violation" errors on the server when the client tries to start it.

Is there any possibility of getting an option to choose which network interface the server binds to?

Thanks very much for your time.

I use IP addresses and put in the network login info in the settings under distributed encoding and haven't had any issues with Win10 or Win7

Atak_Snajpera
24th September 2018, 11:31
It might be by chance but I reduced the number of servers from 4 to 2 on one of my computers that was having stalls the most and I haven't had one in two days, which I was getting on almost every day.
For science you could also manually increase priority for EncodingServer.exe to HIGH using Task Manager/Process Hacker.

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9N691vz/Untitled-1.png

Who knows maybe 4 running encoders are just choking to death EncodingServer.exe when all have the same priority.

burt123
24th September 2018, 12:22
For science you could also manually increase priority for EncodingServer.exe to HIGH using Task Manager/Process Hacker.

Who knows maybe 4 running encoders are just choking to death EncodingServer.exe when all have the same priority.

And would doing that, have the same result/affect as the server settings within Ripbot (eg:- RipBot264.ini)

"Server1CommandLine=/port 1000 /minimize /priority low"

Atak_Snajpera
24th September 2018, 12:53
/priority low sets EncodingServer.exe,ffmpeg.exe,x264.exe,x265.exe
so my suggestion is to manually change priority for encodingserver.exe from low to high. Rest of encoding processes (ffmpeg and so on) will be running in normal priority (because child processes can't inherit higher priority from parent).

burt123
24th September 2018, 13:16
so my suggestion is to manually change priority for encodingserver.exe from low to high. Rest of encoding processes (ffmpeg and so on) will be running in normal priority (because child processes can't inherit higher priority from parent).

OK, well that sounds like a plan..

Just got newest auto update with new core & encoder build's.

So just confirm, (I just went into Process Hacker to have a look for myself), so once the priority is changed, then save for encoder.exe, to lock it in.

Ryushin
24th September 2018, 13:23
Updates just applied and I'm receiving a error when starting up the EncodingServer.exe. Error: List index out of bounds (0)

I've updated two different servers and both are receiving the same errors.

burt123
24th September 2018, 13:39
Updates just applied and I'm receiving a error when starting up the EncodingServer.exe. Error: List index out of bounds (0)

I had that error twice, a week or so ago, and it cleared out what jobs I had in the queue.

Haven't given the latest update a "proper" run.

Ryushin
24th September 2018, 13:45
I had that error twice, a week or so ago, and it cleared out what jobs I had in the queue.

Haven't given the latest update a "proper" run.

At least all my jobs are still there then. Man, I would have panicked to have lost the 100+ jobs. I least I could restore the virtual machine that holds the jobs from a snapshot.

byteshare
24th September 2018, 14:36
Will give it a shot and let you know.

Privateer5000
24th September 2018, 18:16

Same Problem here. But i have no Jobs in Queue. Get the Error when Ripbot starts and is trying to start up the Encoding Server.

byteshare
24th September 2018, 19:38
Same Problem here. But i have no Jobs in Queue. Get the Error when Ripbot starts and is trying to start up the Encoding Server.
I get this issue as well on one Win7 PC. It has to do with the new version of EncodingServer.exe, because the debug version and the old 1.12.0.0 runs without the error.
Stuck using the 1.12.1.0 debug version right now, since I didn't have a backup of the official 1.12.1.0

byteshare
24th September 2018, 19:48

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9N691vz/Untitled-1.png

Before I do this, I noticed this: blob:https://imgur.com/7b61a4a0-9b2e-44ad-b5c4-4fd14c10713a
This is a Win10 Machine, the same one that I went from 4 to 2 encoding servers. Not sure why it stalled.

Running the Priority High change now...

Danette
25th September 2018, 02:24
Hi Danette,

Well ...the solution didn't hold. I'm back to the "Jobs Rejected" activity for batch jobs. Can't even try to solve the Avisynth loading issues at this point. Looking more and more like RipBot264 is really more useful for single jobs where multiple computers are involved. Batch functionality seems very buggy on my Win 7 desktop. MeGUI works like a champ for both batch processing and employing Avisynth script. I just prefer the RipBot264 layout.

If anyone is interested in trying to solve this, I'd be happy to to receive your help. As it is, whenever I try a simple batch job , every other file loaded (the even numbered jobs) results in a "Job Rejected" message. The log file states "I don't know what YV12 means" but, apparently, it does "know" what YV12 means because the odd numbered jobs process fine.

burt123
25th September 2018, 02:42
I get this issue as well on one Win7 PC. It has to do with the new version of EncodingServer.exe, because the debug version and the old 1.12.0.0 runs without the error.
Stuck using the 1.12.1.0 debug version right now, since I didn't have a backup of the official 1.12.1.0

OK, well I can confirm that there is a serious problem with the latest update, every time I open Ripbot, the same error comes up, showing multiple error screens, and it doesn't matter if there are any jobs in the queue, or not.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5y5qwnqakdry8da/1st_startup_of_newest_update.jpg/file

This is on W10 (1809) RS5.

Changing Encoder priority doesn't change anything either.

The only thing that does do anything is if you disable DE, which isn't really a good option :(

So definitely back to the drawing board !!!!!

Well, I have an interesting update to share..

I get this above error on both Windows 10 Pro (1809), and Windows Server 2016 Datacentre....which are both single cpu pc's. (No NUMA)

and the only way to get rid of the error is to go back to the previous build of encoder.exe.

However, the error does NOT occur on Windows 10 Enterprise (1809), but this pc is a dual "old" Xeon X5690 with NUMA Nodes enabled.

So I'm just trying to give some options to what might be the problem.

Haven't tried in on the W7 pc, yet.

Just tried it on my little DELL laptop, with some DE servers enabled, on W7...no problem. I get all the updates on this, and copy them around all the other pc's I've got.

OK, yet another update...just tried it on the W7 dual "old" Xeon pc, and has the same error :(

So you either have to do 1 of 2 things, replace the encoder.exe with previous, or disable DE.

slalom
25th September 2018, 13:30
Hi Atak
an error with the latest update, for the Encodingserver.exe

"List index out of bounds (0)"

byteshare
25th September 2018, 22:58
I did this but so far, I've only had the encodingserver.exe stall at starting and not during an encode. Will keep testing.

slalom
26th September 2018, 17:38
New update, new error

Established connection with client... 192.168.1.3:1003
ERROR! File \\192.168.1.3\RipBot264temp\job228\Chunks\21.cmd does not exist!
Encoding terminated.

Connection Closed Gracefully.
Encoding terminated.

Looks like the client can't find the path to connect

Atak_Snajpera
26th September 2018, 17:52
Change Client ip
https://i.postimg.cc/4N3J1ZMk/Untitled-1.png

slalom
26th September 2018, 18:49
I only have one IP in that box, the local IP in each PC

byteshare
26th September 2018, 23:56
I did this but so far, I've only had the encodingserver.exe stall at starting and not during an encode. Will keep testing.

Newest version seemed to solve the starting EncodingServer.exe issue on my one PC. Seems to have solved the stalling (shuts down the EncodingServer.exe at some points) but I have to start the EncodingServer.exe again sometimes to get all of the servers going.
Doesn't seem to have fixed the not starting an encode (getting stuck at starting). Over all seems in a better place.

And now, for some reason, I can't connect from one computer to another, but I can when using the 1.12.1.0 Test Debug version. I've turned off Windows Firewall on both computers while testing this. Both are Windows 7 machines.
I think the newer version for some reason isn't registering the port correctly because if I start the Debug version either before or after the 1.12.2.0 it will still use the same ports. And I have tried a Reboot on both machine.

burt123
27th September 2018, 02:06
Newest version seemed to solve the starting EncodingServer.exe issue on my one PC. Seems to have solved the stalling (shuts down the EncodingServer.exe at some points) but I have to start the EncodingServer.exe again sometimes to get all of the servers going.
Doesn't seem to have fixed the not starting an encode (getting stuck at starting). Over all seems in a better place.

And now, for some reason, I can't connect from one computer to another, but I can when using the 1.12.1.0 Test Debug version. I've turned off Windows Firewall on both computers while testing this. Both are Windows 7 machines.
I think the newer version for some reason isn't registering the port correctly because if I start the Debug version either before or after the 1.12.2.0 it will still use the same ports. And I have tried a Reboot on both machine.

Do you think this may have something to do with the relatively new feature shown in Atak's post #16136..."Client IP" ??

I've yet to try this update !!!

burt123
27th September 2018, 06:23
Change Client ip
https://i.postimg.cc/4N3J1ZMk/Untitled-1.png

Will this have to be changed every time you open/re-open Ripbot, if you have multiple nic's/IP's ??

I think I've answered my own question...and yes, it does appear to remember :)

slalom
27th September 2018, 12:28
Will this have to be changed every time you open/re-open Ripbot, if you have multiple nic's/IP's ??

I think I've answered my own question...and yes, it does appear to remember :)
Do you see multiple IPs in this box?
I only see the PC's IP

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2018, 12:37
run ipconfig.exe /all and show me what you got.

burt123
27th September 2018, 13:13
Do you see multiple IPs in this box?
I only see the PC's IP

Well it depends if I'm connected to my LAN, and/or the web.

So to answer your ?, up to 3 !

slalom
27th September 2018, 13:38
run ipconfig.exe /all and show me what you got.
https://thumb.ibb.co/njkyP9/Screenshot_2018_09_27_15_31_47.jpg (https://ibb.co/njkyP9)

Not in English, but you will understand
Dual Gigabit, one port connected
and all my shares are working

byteshare
27th September 2018, 13:48
Do you think this may have something to do with the relatively new feature shown in Atak's post #16136..."Client IP" ??

I've yet to try this update !!!

Not sure really

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2018, 14:29
https://thumb.ibb.co/njkyP9/Screenshot_2018_09_27_15_31_47.jpg (https://ibb.co/njkyP9)

Not in English, but you will understand
Dual Gigabit, one port connected
and all my shares are working

Can you open ripbot264temp folder via these commands in explorer?
\\192.168.1.3\ripbot264temp
\\Pavlos-PC\ripbot264temp

phred1
27th September 2018, 17:36
New update, new error

Connection Closed Gracefully.
Encoding terminated.[/CODE]

Looks like the client can't find the path to connect

Same error for me. Running Encoding Client on a W10 machine with 3 NICs of which i currently only use 1. Also running a virtual W10 client + a virtual Switch on same machine as the EC.

Edit: solved it temporarily by reverting to old version.

Here is my ipconfig /all:

C:\Users\FvB>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : W8S
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : localdomain

Ethernet adapter NIC23:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : localdomain
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-81-C8-C7-31
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection #3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-81-C8-C7-30

Ethernet adapter vEthernet (Default Switch):

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FE-15-87-DA-C4-CC
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cc59:afbb:acfe:bb87%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.24.140.97(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.240
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 402527623
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-18-71-FD-1D-00-E0-81-C8-C7-30
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Ethernet adapter vEthernet (vSwitch_FvB):

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : localdomain
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-81-C8-C7-2F
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c44e:4c28:a595:b748%7(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.22(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : den 21 september 2018 22:25:14
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : den 28 september 2018 10:25:34
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 385933441
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-18-71-FD-1D-00-E0-81-C8-C7-30
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 4:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TeamViewer VPN Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-96-49-29-A1

I can view the EC directory contents by

\\W8S\ripbot264temp\

..but not by

\\192.168.1.22\ripbot264temp\

BTW, thanks for an awesome app!

slalom
27th September 2018, 18:45
Can you open ripbot264temp folder via these commands in explorer?
\\192.168.1.3\ripbot264temp
\\Pavlos-PC\ripbot264temp
You mean the address bar?

No and Yes respectively

slalom
27th September 2018, 23:12
Updated and working fine!

byteshare
28th September 2018, 16:41
Latest update fixed all of my connection and starting issues (opening an EncodingServer.exe)

burt123
29th September 2018, 07:32
Atak,

Just wanted to let you know that after updating with the very latest, if I'm not connected to any LAN, I still get the pop up error's stating :-

"List index out of bounds (-1)" I think it use to be (0).

But if I close Ripbot down, fire up the network (turn the switch on), then there's no problems.

PS:- I have only tried this on one pc, so far.

BlockABoots
29th September 2018, 14:08
So the previous version of Ripbot i was using was 1.20 have just updates to 1.23 and now when i try and load a script from avisynth i get the following error, 'There is no function named 'FFMpegSource2' any ideas why im now getting this error message when i didnt in the previous version?

burt123
29th September 2018, 14:18
So the previous version of Ripbot i was using was 1.20 have just updates to 1.23 and now when i try and load a script from avisynth i get the following error, 'There is no function named 'FFMpegSource2' any ideas why im now getting this error message when i didnt in the previous version?

Did you have any jobs in the queue ??

Might need to reload any old jobs.

There have been a lot of changes, recently.

Might need to refresh the Avisynth install from the "Tool's" folder.

byteshare
29th September 2018, 15:14
You need to adjust your scripts to 64bit, old version was 32bit avisynth

BlockABoots
29th September 2018, 17:35
You need to adjust your scripts to 64bit, old version was 32bit avisynth

Ah had to get the latest release of AvsPmod from here which supports 64 bit plugins now.....

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1801766#post1801766

seems to work now thanks

stretch009
29th September 2018, 23:04
My computer is x86 and I'd like to use the latest version of Ripbot. I installed Avisynth Plus MT over 2.6 and I tried that AvsPMod but to no avail. I'd like to move past v1.19.6 of ripbot. Help would be appreciated.

burt123
30th September 2018, 01:32
My computer is x86 and I'd like to use the latest version of Ripbot. I installed Avisynth Plus MT over 2.6 and I tried that AvsPMod but to no avail. I'd like to move past v1.19.6 of ripbot. Help would be appreciated.

Not sure if this will work, but worth a shot..

Get the latest version of Ripbot264 off page 1 of the forum, unpack it, enable auto update, to get the latest build.

Run "install.cmd" from Ripbot's "Tools/Avisynth" folder, and see if that works.

Another idea might be to upgrade to a x64 version.

6 1/2 years a member, and it's your first post :)

stretch009
30th September 2018, 01:48
Not sure if this will work, but worth a shot..

Get the latest version of Ripbot264 off page 1 of the forum, unpack it, enable auto update, to get the latest build.

Run "install.cmd" from Ripbot's "Tools/Avisynth" folder, and see if that works.

Another idea might be to upgrade to a x64 version.

6 1/2 years a member, and it's your first post :)

Tried all that and what I said earlier. When I start it up it always says 'Avisynth+ MT x64 is not installed'.

@ 6 1/2 years a member. I thought I posted before but apparently not.....

burt123
30th September 2018, 02:34
Tried all that and what I said earlier. When I start it up it always says 'Avisynth+ MT x64 is not installed'.

@ 6 1/2 years a member. I thought I posted before but apparently not.....

OK, well that's a shame..

So what OS are you running ??

Unless someone else comes up with a fix, you may have to update to x64 :scared::angry:

stretch009
30th September 2018, 03:22
OK, well that's a shame..

So what OS are you running ??

Unless someone else comes up with a fix, you may have to update to x64 :scared::angry:

Windows 7 Ultimate. Have other x86 users successfully used the latest ripbot versions? Would like to hear from the ripbot author.

Atak_Snajpera
30th September 2018, 13:28
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1819776#post1819776

slalom
30th September 2018, 19:14
Windows 7 Ultimate. Have other x86 users successfully used the latest ripbot versions? Would like to hear from the ripbot author.
Why don't you update to 64 bit?

burt123
2nd October 2018, 07:17
Well, I have just aborted the worst Ripbot experience, I think I've ever had !!!

I had a 4K Harry Potter queued up, downsizing to 1080p, with MDegrain, CQ 16.

I had 2 Server's going, as well, and ALL of them were just constantly stalling out and trying to restart, I could hardly keep up with watching it, it was happening so fast.

Client is W10, 1 server is Server 2016, other server is W7.

And to add to the frustration, after I aborted the Job for the 1st time, when I restarted, it started from the beginning :(

So I just turned everything off, in disgust.

I have no idea why this happened, everything was OK last time. (All using latest update)

Some time later (after I counted to 10).

I decided to go back into the job, and change some settings, and have discovered that MDegrain2 is the problem for all the stalls.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2018, 12:02
Were you able to capture error message in server window?

burt123
2nd October 2018, 12:16
Were you able to capture error message in server window?

Well, to be honest, that was almost the last thing on my mind, but I knew you'd like to see as much info/proof as possible.

I was getting a lot of those "new" flyout tab's that you've incorporated in the newest build, and that was just stating that server so & so of job #? had stalled, and at some stages these little flyout were so fast, they couldn't be read, and it was happening on all 3 pc doing the encode.

If you can suggest what you'd like to see, I guess I can enable MDegrain again, and do some screen grabs.

But like I said, disabling MDegrain, stopped the flyout's.

Another thing that I'm sure you're aware of, is an encode using MDegrain, can take a long time to start.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2018, 13:11
I'm surprised that those warnings were appearing so fast. Warning should appear only when there is no progress after 1 minute.

burt123
2nd October 2018, 13:15
I'm surprised that those warnings were appearing so fast. Warning should appear only when there is no progress after 1 minute.

So what do you want me to do ??

Would you be able to try and reproduce the error by using MDegrain on a short file ??

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2018, 13:16
I would like to see what messages appear in EncodingServer window.

burt123
2nd October 2018, 13:20
I would like to see what messages appear in EncodingServer window.

OK, so if I enable MDegrain and start the job again, you want to "see" what those little flyout's are "saying", correct ??

Would the job .avs be any help ??

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2018, 13:47
Message in EncodingServer window is what I need.

burt123
2nd October 2018, 14:10
Message in EncodingServer window is what I need.

OK, hopefully the attached link is what you're after.

Also, with the message in the bottom right hand corner, is showing "5.avs", the next lot of messages, the number changes until it's cycled thru the numbers of how ever many servers are active, except the one that is working, and it just keeps doing that, until you abort, and it will still do a couple more messages, then aborts, all jobs finished.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oyuv3qvrkd6n8fv/error_message_crop.jpg/file

Hope that makes sense.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2018, 14:34
I give up. I asked for messages in EncodingServer window and you show me everything except what I asked.

burt123
2nd October 2018, 14:36
I give up. I asked for messages in EncodingServer window and you show me everything except what I asked.

I'm so sorry, I just realised what you mean....

I'll go and do a few more screen grabs.

burt123
2nd October 2018, 14:54

Here ya go...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8a1e3mg8k5nahqk/all_servers_windows_with_error_message.jpg/file

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2018, 15:24
Why do you use 5 servers on a single 24 thread cpu???? Two servers should be enough. Especially in NUMA mode (1 server per NUMA node). What you are doing is total overkill! I'm not surprised that script with mdegrian2 takes a lot of time to start in this case. (more than allowed 1 minute)

Look at this:
single server = 12 prefetch threads in avisynth + 36 threads in x264 = 48 threads

5 servers * 48 threads = 240 threads ! 10 times more than your cpu has!

burt123
2nd October 2018, 15:47
Why do you use 5 servers on a single 24 thread cpu???? Two servers should be enough. Especially in NUMA mode (1 server per NUMA node). What you are doing is total overkill! I'm not surprised that script with mdegrian2 takes a lot of time to start in this case.

Look at this:
single server = 12 prefetch threads in avisynth + 36 threads in x264 = 48 threads

5 servers * 48 threads = 240 threads ! 10 times more than your cpu has!

I was actually using 6, screenshot missed one....

Point taken, I'll have to revise my settings, now that I am doing more 4K stuff, with mdegrain2.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2018, 15:51
It has nothing to do with 4k footage because you are still resizing to 1080p. The issue is that you are throwing too much on those poor 24 threads.
Other servers basically do not have access to spare cpu cycles to start encoding in 1 minute time limit. (hence encoding stalled message and forced restart in encoding server). Nevertheless I will disable this forced start by default in encoding server and implement command line switch so you can set your own time limit instead of current hardcoded 1 minute.

burt123
2nd October 2018, 19:21
It has nothing to do with 4k footage because you are still resizing to 1080p. The issue is that you are throwing too much on those poor 24 threads.
Other servers basically do not have access to spare cpu cycles to start encoding in 1 minute time limit. (hence encoding stalled message and forced restart in encoding server). Nevertheless I will disable this forced start by default in encoding server and implement command line switch so you can set your own time limit instead of current hardcoded 1 minute.

And MDegrain2 obviously really loads things up s lot, too.

Your option sounds good :)

But I'd still like to know what causes that "list index" error when you first open Ripbot, when its set in DE mode, and your not connected to any networks.

mdchaser
2nd October 2018, 22:36
Awesome software but I'm experiencing a bit of an issue getting encoding to work after the latest update. I am running this on a machine with a single NIC/IP address. This is the error I get in all of my encoding servers:

Established connection with client... 192.168.42.6:1001
ERROR! File \\ACE\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.cmd does not exist!
Encoding terminated.

\\ACE is my domain name (using all domain joined systems) and not the name of the local machine! Any thoughts?

I can hit \\192.168.42.6 and access the ripbot shared folder so I think something is substituting my domain name for the computer name.

Thanks!

burt123
3rd October 2018, 01:35
Awesome software but I'm experiencing a bit of an issue getting encoding to work after the latest update. I am running this on a machine with a single NIC/IP address. This is the error I get in all of my encoding servers:

Established connection with client... 192.168.42.6:1001
ERROR! File \\ACE\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.cmd does not exist!
Encoding terminated.

\\ACE is my domain name (using all domain joined systems) and not the name of the local machine! Any thoughts?

I can hit \\192.168.42.6 and access the ripbot shared folder so I think something is substituting my domain name for the computer name.

Thanks!

Are you using Distributed Encoding ?

There is a new setting that needs to be addressed, which may fix your problem. see:-

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1852975#post1852975

This has actually changed a little, you'll see when you go to this setting.

And btw, if you were to start Ripbot without being connected to any network (not even the web) do you get a series of pop up error's stating something like "list index is out of bounds" ?

edit:- that error may not happen with the very latest update...

burt123
3rd October 2018, 02:21

Apologies for being a bit "slow" with the info you wanted, last night (my time) :(

OK, today is another day, and there was an early auto update, so I have installed that on the "troublesome" pc, and everything seems to be running pretty sweet. No "list index" error's, and no time out's on the servers. (I've only got 2 running today)

So you mentioned you were going to add a command line switch to customise the time limit settings....where's that ??

edit:- forget the last sentence / question, as I have found it :)

So if this setting isn't applied, does that mean that there's no time out restart ??

Can you please provide an example of the command line for say a 2 minute delay ? (I'm lost with commands / dos) :stupid:
Server1CommandLine=/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /node 0 /port 1000 /restart-if-no-progress 2 ??

mdchaser
3rd October 2018, 04:28
Are you using Distributed Encoding ?

There is a new setting that needs to be addressed, which may fix your problem. see:-

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1852975#post1852975

This has actually changed a little, you'll see when you go to this setting.

And btw, if you were to start Ripbot without being connected to any network (not even the web) do you get a series of pop up error's stating something like "list index is out of bounds" ?

edit:- that error may not happen with the very latest update...

Thanks for getting back to me! I've already checked the IP setting, I have a single nic so my ip section is greyed out, I don't get the option to change it... The error implies ripbot is sending the wrong shared path to all of the clients.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2018, 11:09
Server1CommandLine=/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /node 0 /restart-if-no-progress 2
Correct. Server will restart encoding after two minutes of idle time.
If /restart-if-no-progress 0 or omitted then server waits endlessly.

@mdchaser
show me ipconfig /all output

burt123
3rd October 2018, 11:17

Wow, well I can do things right, when I put my mind to it, thanks for confirming that.

And I have to say, whatever you did with the latest update overnight (my time), has worked a treat.

I had ZERO problems today, after a self imposed shocker, yesterday.

And I had it pretty busy today, and smooth as.

The "list index" error has gone...

:thanks::thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2018, 11:19
Nevertheless please do not run 6 servers on 12C/24T cpu next time ,ok? 1 server per 8C-12C should be enough with active mdegrain2 in 1080p.

burt123
3rd October 2018, 11:44
Nevertheless please do not run 6 servers on 12C/24T cpu next time ,ok? 1 server per 8C-12C should be enough with active mdegrain2 in 1080p.

Yes, I think I've learnt my lesson on that one, and MDegrain2 on 4K will be a lot more strain.

And a question, how would a single 12C compare with dual 6C's ??

At least the dual has 2 Numa Nodes (if that makes much difference)

mdchaser
3rd October 2018, 17:56

@mdchaser
show me ipconfig /all output

Here you go!

PS C:\Users\tv> ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Movies
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : ace.local
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : ace.local

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Mellanox ConnectX-2 Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-C9-29-34-18
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::a111:2c7a:dd90:7c1f%7(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.42.6(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.42.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.42.10
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-7D-DA-71-13
PS C:\Users\tv>

tuanden0
4th October 2018, 05:40
Hi, I'm a RipBot newbie. Could someone help me a little?

1. How can I use vapoursynth through RIPBOT?
2. I have a batch script to encode x265 video and how I use it in RIPBOT:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VapourSynth\core64\vspipe.exe" --y4m "%~dpn1.vpy" - | "%~dp0Tools\x265.exe" --y4m --preset slow --aq-mode 3 --output-depth 12 --crf %crf% -o "%~dpn1.hevc" -

Thank you!

Ryushin
5th October 2018, 13:45
So I encountered something new sometime in the last update or two. When adding or editing a job the job window gets stuck and the only way to fix it is to close/kill the application. When this happens in an the avisynth window, and I go back into the job, the script only has one line like this:
Import("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job676\job676_a1.avs")
Cannot find a way to fix it, so I have to delete the job and add it again fresh. The new ability to move jobs is a huge welcome here as I can put the new job where it needs to go.

One time when clicking Done on the job window it got stuck, and I clicked Done a few times and it created additional jobs all the same job number. I had to edit the job list to clear out those bad jobs.

legend
5th October 2018, 15:16
How do I set by default audio=Amplify(audio,3.0).
All the time it needs to set manually in every file.

mdchaser
7th October 2018, 06:51
No luck after the most recent update, I'm still getting failures across the board when trying to encode. This is with all end points joined to a domain. Looks like ripbot is sending the wrong network path:

http://www.vyablesolutions.com/files/ripbot.JPG

Any help would be appreciated, I've had to fall back to dvdfab and it's so sloooooow. This started happening after a recent update, I've gone through the ini files to make sure everything looks like it should.

HehoChef
7th October 2018, 12:09
With the newest version it stopped demuxing properly.
Can choose neither Audio nor Subtitles, but no errors.
Running Win 10 64bit and mkvtoolnix 27.
Any suggestions?

Atak_Snajpera
7th October 2018, 12:36
With the newest version it stopped demuxing properly.

Running Win 10 64bit and mkvtoolnix 27.

What version does ripbot264 use by default v25 or v27?

Ryushin
7th October 2018, 15:30
So I encountered something new sometime in the last update or two. When adding or editing a job the job window gets stuck and the only way to fix it is to close/kill the application. When this happens in an the avisynth window, and I go back into the job, the script only has one line like this:
Import("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job676\job676_a1.avs")
Cannot find a way to fix it, so I have to delete the job and add it again fresh. The new ability to move jobs is a huge welcome here as I can put the new job where it needs to go.

One time when clicking Done on the job window it got stuck, and I clicked Done a few times and it created additional jobs all the same job number. I had to edit the job list to clear out those bad jobs.

Here is an image that shows what happened after I clicked done on a job. I had to kill the main windows and thankfully the job was still there. It's freaking me out now editing a job as I might have to start all over. I think if it gets stuck when finishing the job it is still there. But if it get stuck at avisynth then the job is corrupted.

https://i.postimg.cc/2byZ4Pq3/Ripbot_264_Stuck_Adding_Job.jpg (https://postimg.cc/2byZ4Pq3)

HehoChef
7th October 2018, 18:59
What version does ripbot264 use by default v25 or v27?

Well the one in the ripbot264 folder is still v25, and thats also whats listed under Settings --> Tools. Didn't know i comes with its one instance.
Does it bother RipBot264 that there is a second system wide installation of mkvtoolnix?
I only mentioned it in the first place since its the only thing that changed on my end since RipBot last worked...

slalom
7th October 2018, 19:09
No luck after the most recent update, I'm still getting failures across the board when trying to encode. This is with all end points joined to a domain. Looks like ripbot is sending the wrong network path:

http://www.vyablesolutions.com/files/ripbot.JPG

Any help would be appreciated, I've had to fall back to dvdfab and it's so sloooooow. This started happening after a recent update, I've gone through the ini files to make sure everything looks like it should.
This was fixed about a week ago. Are you sure you are updated?

byteshare
7th October 2018, 19:14
Not sure if you saw Atak_Snajpera's solution as he didn't seem to use the quote option but he posted a link to instructions to use 32bit only with the newest version:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1819776#post1819776

byteshare
7th October 2018, 19:25
Yes, I think I've learnt my lesson on that one, and MDegrain2 on 4K will be a lot more strain.

And a question, how would a single 12C compare with dual 6C's ??

At least the dual has 2 Numa Nodes (if that makes much difference)

I forget at which update point but I had to go down from 4 servers to 2 on my Ryzen 7 2700x, and it has been much smoother sailing since the change (and all of the great updates).

byteshare
7th October 2018, 19:27
Hi, I'm a RipBot newbie. Could someone help me a little?

1. How can I use vapoursynth through RIPBOT?
2. I have a batch script to encode x265 video and how I use it in RIPBOT:

Thank you!
As far as I know you'll need to use AviSynth+ and not VapourSynth, or use a different application that supports VapourSynth

byteshare
7th October 2018, 19:30
How do I set by default audio=Amplify(audio,3.0).
All the time it needs to set manually in every file.
No option right now, but after you load the jobs you can change the setting with a batch operation with NotePad++ by loading the .avs files with audio instructions. Personally I use a secondary program to handle the audio and then use a batch mux script to put the subs, audio, and video all together at the end.

byteshare
7th October 2018, 19:32
Here is an image that shows what happened after I clicked done on a job. I had to kill the main windows and thankfully the job was still there. It's freaking me out now editing a job as I might have to start all over. I think if it gets stuck when finishing the job it is still there. But if it get stuck at avisynth then the job is corrupted.

https://i.postimg.cc/2byZ4Pq3/Ripbot_264_Stuck_Adding_Job.jpg (https://postimg.cc/2byZ4Pq3)
I don't have this issue. Have you tried going back to an earlier version and then auto-updating to the newest release?
The installed version of MKVToolNix doesn't matter, only the files in the "RipBot\Tools\mkvtoolnix" folder.

mdchaser
7th October 2018, 19:44
This was fixed about a week ago. Are you sure you are updated?

Tried it last night with no luck. Updated itself this morning and it works great again! No more dvdfab :).

tuanden0
8th October 2018, 03:58
As far as I know you'll need to use AviSynth+ and not VapourSynth, or use a different application that supports VapourSynth

:thanks::thanks:

byteshare
9th October 2018, 16:20
HEVC 2.9+1 Stable is out: http://msystem.waw.pl/x265/
Release notes (not up at the time of this posting):
https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/default/releasenotes.html
Update, release notes: https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/raw/f9681d731f2e56c2ca185cec10daece5939bee07/doc/reST/releasenotes.rst
Version 2.9
===========

Release date - 05/10/2018

New features
-------------
1. Support for chunked encoding

:option:`--chunk-start and --chunk-end`
Frames preceding first frame of chunk in display order will be encoded, however, they will be discarded in the bitstream.
Frames following last frame of the chunk in display order will be used in taking lookahead decisions, but, they will not be encoded.
This feature can be enabled only in closed GOP structures. Default disabled.

2. Support for HDR10+ version 1 SEI messages.

Encoder enhancements
--------------------
1. Create API function for allocating and freeing x265_analysis_data.
2. CEA 608/708 support: Read SEI messages from text file and encode it using userSEI message.

Bug fixes
---------
1. Disable noise reduction when vbv is enabled.
2. Support minLuma and maxLuma values changed by the commandline.

burt123
10th October 2018, 01:50
Update, release notes: https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/raw/f9681d731f2e56c2ca185cec10daece5939bee07/doc/reST/releasenotes.rst
Version 2.9
===========

New features
-------------

Frames preceding first frame of chunk in display order will be encoded, however, they will be discarded in the bitstream.
Frames following last frame of the chunk in display order will be used in taking lookahead decisions, but, they will not be encoded.

Encoder enhancements
--------------------
2. CEA 608/708 support: Read SEI messages from text file and encode it using userSEI message.

Bug fixes
---------

And not to mention MKVToolNix v27.0 is available, too.

Time for another auto update, me thinks :)

oldschooltech
10th October 2018, 08:15
Distributed encoding help

Not sure whats going on. encoding dvd ep with denoise x264.

My main pc: (the client) 40%-50% cpu getting 18.x FPS.
windows 10
fx-8320
16gb ddr3
Radeon rx 580 x 4gb

other pc: Hitting 90%-100% cpu getting 30.x FPS.
windows 7
fx-6300
8gb ram
r7 260x 2gb

oldschooltech
10th October 2018, 09:14
Also Have a few other things I would like help with.

I am coming from handbrake to this is there anyway to find out how to configure my same settings from there to ripbot?

Is there any way when batch job creation to have 2 audio streams. I like to x.x copy stream from my lossless / 5.1, then an 2.0 AAC-LC stream. This makes nice for plex streaming. Seems the limitation is in the fact that it needs to demux before you can mess with the audio settings.

How does one turn on deblocking? I would set tune settings in handbrake that turned on deblocking then i would use filter tab deblocking too not sure if they are diffent like pre/post filters.

Also last note, the deinterlace seems to round up 24.x to 25 and 29.x to 30. Is this correct or am i messing with something i know nothing about?

burt123
10th October 2018, 10:34

windows 10
fx-8320
16gb ddr3
Radeon rx 580 x 4gb

windows 7
fx-6300
8gb ram
r7 260x 2gb

This should be an easy fix...

How many servers in DE are you using per pc ??

Just keep adding more servers, until you reach cpu 100%.

byteshare
10th October 2018, 16:23
And not to mention MKVToolNix v27.0 is available, too.

Time for another auto update, me thinks :)
Honestly, neither are that important, since for MKVToolNix it doesn't have updates that should impact RipBot (only if you were actually using it for some specific uses outside of RipBot) and for HEVC the changes shouldn't affect 99% or more of users unless they have more back-end stuff they didn't include in the notes.

byteshare
10th October 2018, 16:32
Also Have a few other things I would like help with.

I am coming from handbrake to this is there anyway to find out how to configure my same settings from there to ripbot?

Is there any way when batch job creation to have 2 audio streams. I like to x.x copy stream from my lossless / 5.1, then an 2.0 AAC-LC stream. This makes nice for plex streaming. Seems the limitation is in the fact that it needs to demux before you can mess with the audio settings.

How does one turn on deblocking? I would set tune settings in handbrake that turned on deblocking then i would use filter tab deblocking too not sure if they are diffent like pre/post filters.

Also last note, the deinterlace seems to round up 24.x to 25 and 29.x to 30. Is this correct or am i messing with something i know nothing about?
You can have two audio streams but not with the batch unless you want to use the copy feature (I think). Try the copy rather than re-encode. Unless you're trying to save space you might actually prefer the copy feature.
Personally, I still use an old version of HB to do FDK AAC-HE/LC audio and then use a batch script to mux the audio (from HB), subs from source file (keeps the MKV title info), and the video (from RipBot) at the end into one file.

Deblocking in HB isn't that great. Try using the Denoise features, such as MDegrain2, should reduce noise and size without a noticable impact on quality more than any of the HB settings.
RipBot uses AVISynth, so you can use any of the RipBot filters or even use outside ones, which is much more powerful than the built-in filters for HB.

For Deinterlace, in the settings make sure you have "QTGMC deinterlacer instead of Yadif" checked. QTGMC is much more powerful than any of the deinterlacers in HB and more accurate. With QTGMC in batch, just select "TFF - > 25 FPS/30 FPS" and the filter figures out the rest and should give you the correct frame rate. The only exception is sometimes with variable frame rate files (usually anime) you might need to get the time codes from the original file and mux them back in, but this is very rare to come accross.

slalom
10th October 2018, 19:26

windows 10
fx-8320
16gb ddr3
Radeon rx 580 x 4gb

windows 7
fx-6300
8gb ram
r7 260x 2gb
Try this

Go settings ->main tab
"Use multiple processing threads" set value to 0

oldschooltech
10th October 2018, 19:56
This should be an easy fix...

How many servers in DE are you using per pc ??

Just keep adding more servers, until you reach cpu 100%.

I added another encoding server did know know I could do this. Think this fixed it. I was only using one.

Try this

Go settings ->main tab
"Use multiple processing threads" set value to 0

this was already set. thanks.

You can have two audio streams but not with the batch unless you want to use the copy feature (I think). Try the copy rather than re-encode. Unless you're trying to save space you might actually prefer the copy feature.
Personally, I still use an old version of HB to do FDK AAC-HE/LC audio and then use a batch script to mux the audio (from HB), subs from source file (keeps the MKV title info), and the video (from RipBot) at the end into one file.

Deblocking in HB isn't that great. Try using the Denoise features, such as MDegrain2, should reduce noise and size without a noticable impact on quality more than any of the HB settings.
RipBot uses AVISynth, so you can use any of the RipBot filters or even use outside ones, which is much more powerful than the built-in filters for HB.

For Deinterlace, in the settings make sure you have "QTGMC deinterlacer instead of Yadif" checked. QTGMC is much more powerful than any of the deinterlacers in HB and more accurate. With QTGMC in batch, just select "TFF - > 25 FPS/30 FPS" and the filter figures out the rest and should give you the correct frame rate. The only exception is sometimes with variable frame rate files (usually anime) you might need to get the time codes from the original file and mux them back in, but this is very rare to come accross.

That sound like a whole lot of stuff that could make for a fun time. I do have use qtgmc checked. I am doing some old dvds of things like naruto and dragon ball. I played with naruto in handbrake and found all it need was deblocking but I did not process the seasons yet. I just started playing with ripbot I found that in dragon ball a small bit of knlmeansCL cleaned it up nice.

MDegrain2 works nice but slows things down. I have yet to play with naruto in ripbot im sure some setting will work for me, I was just thinking i knew what i needed to do and it was fast in handbrake it had to be much faster with 6 pc on DE. I am getting 170ish FPS atm doing dragon ball. So very nice. I will buying this guy beer for his coding.

oldschooltech
10th October 2018, 20:09
I do have problems with Deinterlace tho. I set up some stuff to run last night. I have old stuff like Talespin and Ducktales. anyways I used the TFF - > 25 FPS/30 FPS. This worked fine for most of the ducktales stuff but i had 2 issues.

1. the ep's listed as frame rate 24.x FPS, original frame rate 29.x, frame rate mode variable and scan type interlaced would let me set the TFF - > 25 FPS/30 FPS. Some Ep's about half had deinterlacing disabled. There info does not have scan type set as interlaced, and frame rate is 29.xx or 28.x, with original frame rate of 29.970, frame rate mode variable. This are ripped right from the discs. This vides have the interlacing lines when things move so I know they are.

How can I deinterlace them if its disabled?

2. I had no issue with deinterlace these videos in handbrake but after deinterlace videos with ripbot the audio is out of sync too. I have tryed the inverse telecine to with and without decimate. I still get audio sync issues.

Would like to learn to fix this. The DE make this app so very strong.

Atak_Snajpera
10th October 2018, 20:18
You will have to first upload some 50-100 MiB sample so we could find solution for your particular files. It is hard to suggest something when we do not have access to you video files.

byteshare
10th October 2018, 21:54
That sound like a whole lot of stuff that could make for a fun time. I do have use qtgmc checked. I am doing some old dvds of things like naruto and dragon ball. I played with naruto in handbrake and found all it need was deblocking but I did not process the seasons yet. I just started playing with ripbot I found that in dragon ball a small bit of knlmeansCL cleaned it up nice.

MDegrain2 works nice but slows things down. I have yet to play with naruto in ripbot im sure some setting will work for me, I was just thinking i knew what i needed to do and it was fast in handbrake it had to be much faster with 6 pc on DE. I am getting 170ish FPS atm doing dragon ball. So very nice. I will buying this guy beer for his coding.
RipBot and AVISynth has a lot more powerful capabilities than Handbrake, but more complicated.
If you're getting ~170 FPS, IMO you're not compressing it enough or doing enough AVISynth :D LOL, I don't mind slower FPS (like 30-40) on DVDs for a better video and filesize.

I do have problems with Deinterlace tho. I set up some stuff to run last night. I have old stuff like Talespin and Ducktales. anyways I used the TFF - > 25 FPS/30 FPS. This worked fine for most of the ducktales stuff but i had 2 issues.

1. the ep's listed as frame rate 24.x FPS, original frame rate 29.x, frame rate mode variable and scan type interlaced would let me set the TFF - > 25 FPS/30 FPS. Some Ep's about half had deinterlacing disabled. There info does not have scan type set as interlaced, and frame rate is 29.xx or 28.x, with original frame rate of 29.970, frame rate mode variable. This are ripped right from the discs. This vides have the interlacing lines when things move so I know they are.

How can I deinterlace them if its disabled?

2. I had no issue with deinterlace these videos in handbrake but after deinterlace videos with ripbot the audio is out of sync too. I have tryed the inverse telecine to with and without decimate. I still get audio sync issues.

Would like to learn to fix this. The DE make this app so very strong.
1. My guess is it is variable and you'll need to mux in the time codes from the source and that will fix the sync issues.
-I do this via batch files but the command line looks something like this (.bat):
Extract: (not sure how to do this via the GUI)
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvextract.exe" timecodes_v2 "%%A" "0:%%A_timecodes.txt"
Import: (this can be done easily via the GUI)
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%%A-Fixed.mkv" --timecodes "0:%%~dpnA.mkv_timecodes.txt" "%%~A"
IMO if RipBot did this while extracting other parts of the source and mux this back in after an encode would fix a lot of sync issues.

2. It worked in HandBrake because it handles frames differently.

ejone
11th October 2018, 23:22
I think this is a very annoying issue with Ripbot that should be fixed.

https://youtu.be/uxCkIvUdo0M

Evidently, if you are converting TV shows, even if you select a particular M2TS file, Ripbot will not default to the playlist you specifically picked (should be assumed from the file name - select the one with the matching name by default).

Super annoying. Had to redo everything. Would it be possible to select the correct default if you pick the file manually as shown in the video?

byteshare
11th October 2018, 23:59

Evidently, if you are converting TV shows, even if you select a particular M2TS file, Ripbot will not default to the playlist you specifically picked (should be assumed from the file name - select the one with the matching name by default).

Super annoying. Had to redo everything. Would it be possible to select the correct default if you pick the file manually as shown in the video?
Have you tried MakeMKV before encoding? You get more control over audio and subtitles when there are many to choose from.

Atak_Snajpera
12th October 2018, 09:52

Because .m2ts files are in blu-ray structure. Move those files outside this folder and you will get "correct" behaviour. You can also rename BDMV folder to something else.

skylinekiller
12th October 2018, 21:50
I was converting the Man in the High Castle, and was able to successfully do most, but am having an error with two of them. I have uploaded both log files, can you please tell me where the problem is and if it can be fixed?

G:\>"C:\Users\###\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "C:\Users\####\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --pass 1 --bitrate 2048 --stats "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 23.08 --force-cfr --min-keyint 23 --keyint 230 --frames 103 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output NUL -
y4m [info]: 1280x720p 1:1 @ 23102/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (25000) > level limit (20000)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0

x264 [info]: frame I:1 Avg QP:15.79 size: 5386
x264 [info]: frame P:37 Avg QP:12.46 size: 21872
x264 [info]: frame B:65 Avg QP:16.76 size: 2158
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 7.8% 17.5% 20.4% 54.4%
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 99.8% 0.0% 0.2%
x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 32.4% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 33.8% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:33.8%
x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 2.0% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 7.6% 0.0% 0.0% direct:11.4% skip:79.0% L0:44.2% L1:44.2% BI:11.6%
x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 15.34
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 36.2% 18.1% 8.0% inter: 9.2% 10.8% 0.2%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 56% 12% 26% 5%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 16% 1% 73% 2% 6% 1% 0% 0% 1%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 83% 9% 8% 1%
x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:43.2% UV:8.1%
x264 [info]: kb/s:1711.83

encoded 103 frames, 146.51 fps, 1711.83 kb/s

G:\>"C:\Users\###\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "C:\Users\###\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --pass 2 --bitrate 2048 --stats "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 23.08 --force-cfr --min-keyint 23 --keyint 230 --frames 103 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -
y4m [info]: 1280x720p 1:1 @ 23102/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0

x264 [info]: frame I:1 Avg QP: 7.27 size: 98899
x264 [info]: frame P:37 Avg QP:12.63 size: 19691
x264 [info]: frame B:65 Avg QP:17.76 size: 2165
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 7.8% 17.5% 20.4% 54.4%
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 10.1% 83.5% 6.4%
x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 3.1% 11.7% 1.1% P16..4: 32.9% 8.2% 7.4% 0.0% 0.0% skip:35.6%
x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.1% 0.2% 0.0% B16..8: 23.1% 1.0% 0.3% direct: 5.1% skip:70.0% L0:33.2% L1:61.9% BI: 4.9%
x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:74.1% inter:70.3%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 45.6% 30.0% 22.9% inter: 12.3% 11.9% 0.7%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 76% 7% 14% 3%
x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 21% 28% 40% 2% 2% 2% 2% 2% 2%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 22% 26% 33% 3% 4% 3% 4% 2% 3%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 81% 10% 8% 1%
x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:43.2% UV:8.1%
x264 [info]: ref P L0: 73.4% 5.0% 13.0% 6.1% 2.5%
x264 [info]: ref B L0: 87.4% 12.6%
x264 [info]: kb/s:1735.58

encoded 103 frames, 83.13 fps, 1735.58 kb/s

G:\>"C:\Users\###\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="The Man In The High Castle s03e02" -fps 23.08 -add "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac":lang=eng -mpeg4 -chap "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -new "I:\The Man In The High Castle s03e02.mp4"
AVC-H264 import - frame size 1280 x 720 at 23.080 FPS

AVC Import results: 103 samples - Slices: 1 I 37 P 65 B - 105 SEI - 1 IDR
Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
AAC import - sample rate 48000 - MPEG-4 audio - 6 channels

[Chapter import] Guessed video frame rate 23.08 (2308:100)
Saving I:\The Man In The High Castle s03e02.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:05s

G:\>"C:\Users\###\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "C:\Users\####\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --pass 1 --bitrate 2048 --stats "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.stats" --fps 0.04 --force-cfr --min-keyint 0 --keyint 0 --frames 0 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output NUL -
y4m [info]: 1280x720p 1:1 @ 4/91 fps (cfr)
x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (25000) > level limit (20000)
x264 [warning]: VBV buffer size cannot be smaller than one frame, using 625000 kbit
x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0
1 frames: 6.37 fps, 65.40 kb/s
24 frames: 58.82 fps, 125.08 kb/s
53 frames: 80.55 fps, 113.14 kb/s
97 frames: 105.43 fps, 75.01 kb/s

x264 [info]: frame I:131 Avg QP: 0.56 size:198351
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 65.8% 0.0% 34.2%
x264 [info]: final ratefactor: -22.49
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 72.8% 61.9% 61.5%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 53% 21% 21% 6%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 37% 25% 12% 4% 5% 4% 5% 4% 5%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 70% 14% 12% 5%
x264 [info]: kb/s:63.47

encoded 131 frames, 126.94 fps, 63.47 kb/s

G:\>"C:\Users\###\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "C:\Users\###\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --pass 2 --bitrate 2048 --stats "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.stats" --fps 0.04 --force-cfr --min-keyint 0 --keyint 0 --frames 0 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -
y4m [info]: 1280x720p 1:1 @ 4/91 fps (cfr)
x264 [warning]: VBV buffer size cannot be smaller than one frame, using 625000 kbit
x264 [warning]: target: 2048.00 kbit/s, expected: 63.49 kbit/s, avg QP: 0.0000
x264 [warning]: try reducing target bitrate
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0
1 frames: 5.00 fps, 77.73 kb/s
14 frames: 30.30 fps, 96.80 kb/s
32 frames: 44.94 fps, 103.72 kb/s
69 frames: 71.35 fps, 69.63 kb/s
108 frames: 88.52 fps, 50.85 kb/s

x264 [info]: frame I:131 Avg QP: 4.85 size:142370
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 35.0% 33.9% 31.0%
x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:33.9%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 60.5% 62.1% 61.5%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 64% 19% 14% 3%
x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 28% 22% 37% 2% 2% 2% 2% 2% 3%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 35% 24% 14% 4% 5% 4% 5% 4% 5%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 70% 14% 12% 5%
x264 [info]: kb/s:45.56

encoded 131 frames, 101.24 fps, 45.56 kb/s

G:\>"C:\Users\####\Documents\TITAN\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="The Man In The High Castle s03e08" -fps 0.04 -add "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\Encoded_Audio_1.aac":lang=eng -mpeg4 -chap "G:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\chapters.txt" -new "I:\The Man In The High Castle s03e08.mp4"
AVC-H264 import - frame size 1280 x 720 at 0.040 FPS

AVC Import results: 131 samples - Slices: 131 I 0 P 0 B - 263 SEI - 131 IDR
AAC import - sample rate 48000 - MPEG-4 audio - 6 channels

[Chapter import] Guessed video frame rate 0.04 (4:100)
Saving I:\The Man In The High Castle s03e08.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:05s

Thank you

oldschooltech
14th October 2018, 07:54
1. My guess is it is variable and you'll need to mux in the time codes from the source and that will fix the sync issues.
-I do this via batch files but the command line looks something like this (.bat):
Extract: (not sure how to do this via the GUI)
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvextract.exe" timecodes_v2 "%%A" "0:%%A_timecodes.txt"
Import: (this can be done easily via the GUI)
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%%A-Fixed.mkv" --timecodes "0:%%~dpnA.mkv_timecodes.txt" "%%~A"
IMO if RipBot did this while extracting other parts of the source and mux this back in after an encode would fix a lot of sync issues.

2. It worked in HandBrake because it handles frames differently.

THis fixed it thanks

oldschooltech
14th October 2018, 08:15
You will have to first upload some 50-100 MiB sample so we could find solution for your particular files. It is hard to suggest something when we do not have access to you video files.

So i have 2 or 3 discs that need deinterlaced but the mkvs are disabled. when I split it seems some parts if load up in ripbot would let me use the filter, but this part the first part still will not.

How can i deinterlace the whole file?

thanks.

link 50M file
https://filehost.net/0ff31d2124b713d5

skylinekiller
14th October 2018, 09:01
Hmm, that seems above my skill unless it's dummy proof. Where di U put that code? Do i just copy exactly how it is and paste? Do I need to add anything to that code? I may go old school and demux, MeGUI to create avs and use Vdub to encode...

byteshare
14th October 2018, 10:17
THis fixed it thanks
Awesome. Basically the only case I can think of where muxing in the time codes from the source doesn't fix the issues is with video corruption in the source.
Hmm, that seems above my skill unless it's dummy proof. Where di U put that code? Do i just copy exactly how it is and paste? Do I need to add anything to that code? I may go old school and demux, MeGUI to create avs and use Vdub to encode...
To whom are you asking?

burt123
15th October 2018, 09:52
Just an observation of strange behavior since the very latest update (a few days ago)

After I have loaded some jobs into the queue, and I press "Start", it goes thru it's procedure, but when it gets to starting the encode, it just pauses at a queued status...

The only way I have found to rectify this, is to close out of Ripbot, re start it, and press "Start" again.

This has happened on 2 pc's, so far. W7 & W10.

byteshare
15th October 2018, 16:09
Version 2.9
===========

New features
-------------

Encoder enhancements
--------------------

Bug fixes
---------
2.9+2 is out as stable

oldschooltech
15th October 2018, 20:29
So i have 2 or 3 discs that need deinterlaced but the mkvs are disabled. when I split it seems some parts if load up in ripbot would let me use the filter, but this part the first part still will not.

How can i deinterlace the whole file?

thanks.

link 50M file
https://filehost.net/0ff31d2124b713d5

I am still new to this anyone that is willing to look at that and tell me what I need to do I would appreciate it.

It wont let me select deinterlace (its disabled), but there is lines when in motion. not sure if I need to use change speed to 23.x if that would take it down and remove them or what. I think its hard telecined.

Thanks

byteshare
16th October 2018, 00:58
I am still new to this anyone that is willing to look at that and tell me what I need to do I would appreciate it.

It wont let me select deinterlace (its disabled), but there is lines when in motion. not sure if I need to use change speed to 23.x if that would take it down and remove them or what. I think its hard telecined.

Thanks
You can manually insert the Deinterlace code (just change your RipBot path if different):
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadCplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
Import("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC.avs")
video=QTGMC(video,Preset="Medium",FPSDivisor=2)
You do this after you've created a job and click Edit >"AviSynth" button > Show Video Script > Past into the Deinterlace section.

Atak_Snajpera
16th October 2018, 11:31

Thanks

You have chosen the most annoying file host service ever. First I had to disable my AdBlock Plus plugin then I had to wait 30s for download button to appear and at the end I was told that file can not be downloaded due to some bandwidth limits (too many concurrent downloads). So I'm out.

burt123
16th October 2018, 13:10
You have chosen the most annoying file host service ever. First I had to disable my AdBlock Plus plugin then I had to wait 30s for download button to appear and at the end I was told that file can not be downloaded due to some bandwidth limits (too many concurrent downloads). So I'm out.

Hi Atak, I decided to download that file from Filehost, and I got it without too much trouble.

I played it on my LG 4K TV, and it played rather well, especially knowing how old this would be.

No interlacing, just probably needs an MDegrain2 encode.

see for yourself:-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/26c7yo5al2hlowl/S01E51_%281%29-001.mkv/file

jfisher1740
19th October 2018, 16:14
Every so often, I have a distributed encoder that hangs on completing the very last frame. It will be stuck at 99%. If I manually turn off the encoder and turn it back on, that chunk will complete with no issues. I have not been able to identify why this happens, it always seems to be random. I use 3 different pc's with DE and it is random across all 3 machines.

Any workarounds to monitor if a distributed encoder gets hung up and automatically restart it?

Atak_Snajpera
19th October 2018, 17:44
Are you using latest version 1.23.1? (core 2018.10.3)

jfisher1740
20th October 2018, 03:29
Are you using latest version 1.23.1? (core 2018.10.3)

Yes. However, I have seen this issue for several versions.

mdchaser
20th October 2018, 04:18
Evening, I've got a strange problem that has just cropped up. My encodes all fail with this error written to video.mkv.Error.txt. Any thoughts?

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\DVD\The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:eng "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3" --chapters "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"
mkvmerge v25.0.0 ('Prog Noir') 64-bit
Error: The file 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Elapsed Time: 00h:27m:41s

Looking at the folder structure Encoded_Audio_1.ac3 doesn't exist so that would explain the error. The question is why isn't it being created?

Thanks!

burt123
20th October 2018, 06:09
Every so often, I have a distributed encoder that hangs on completing the very last frame. It will be stuck at 99%. If I manually turn off the encoder and turn it back on, that chunk will complete with no issues. I have not been able to identify why this happens, it always seems to be random. I use 3 different pc's with DE and it is random across all 3 machines.

Any workarounds to monitor if a distributed encoder gets hung up and automatically restart it?

Have you added a certain command in ripbot.ini, for possibly fixing this problem ??

see post #16181, specifically the green text sentence.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1853732#post1853732

Atak_Snajpera
20th October 2018, 12:35

Run Process Hacker (use tree view -> click on name tab few times) and check if there are any processes still running under EncodingServer.exe (ffmpeg.exe,x26x_x64.exe)

Atak_Snajpera
20th October 2018, 12:39
Evening, I've got a strange problem that has just cropped up. My encodes all fail with this error written to video.mkv.Error.txt. Any thoughts?

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\DVD\The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:eng "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3" --chapters "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"
mkvmerge v25.0.0 ('Prog Noir') 64-bit
Error: The file 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Elapsed Time: 00h:27m:41s

Looking at the folder structure Encoded_Audio_1.ac3 doesn't exist so that would explain the error. The question is why isn't it being created?

Thanks!

Run manually D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodeAudio1.cmd and see what error message you get.

jfisher1740
20th October 2018, 14:07
Thanks gents! That .ini command looks like what I need. If I still run into issues I'll run process hacker to see what's happening with the processes and report back.

byteshare
20th October 2018, 16:26
@Atak_Snajpera As a dev I'm sure you'd like to know RipBot is working great for me since your last major fix with the encoding servers :D

Atak_Snajpera
20th October 2018, 18:26
@Atak_Snajpera As a dev I'm sure you'd like to know RipBot is working great for me since your last major fix with the encoding servers :D

Some users are still in woods...
Recent private message
I have 4 comments to make about the very latest build & DE.

#1. I seem to be having a strange problem when 1st starting Ripbot for the 1st time (a different day, that is), it doesn't want to start encoding, and I have to close it completely, and then it seems to be OK.

#2. After loading a few new jobs to the queue, it won't start (same as above)

#3. And still having random stalls with DE, and it's stalls so "hard" that you can't abort, stop, or even kill the process in Process Hacker...the only option is to abort the whole job, and even get right out of Ripbot, and pray that it starts up, where it left off.

This is happening on both Servers & Clients.

oldschooltech
20th October 2018, 19:55

Np I understand, I just used the first one I could find. Last time I used a upload host was so long ago. I tried a year or so back and found a lot of the old ones got taken down due to copy right issues.

I think the issue is with the fact that they are variable frame rate and listed as 28.x

I got it sorted manual tho thanks to byteshare.

oldschooltech
20th October 2018, 19:58
Hi Atak, I decided to download that file from Filehost, and I got it without too much trouble.

I played it on my LG 4K TV, and it played rather well, especially knowing how old this would be.

No interlacing, just probably needs an MDegrain2 encode.

see for yourself:-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/26c7yo5al2hlowl/S01E51_%281%29-001.mkv/file

not sure if your tv fixes it or not, but I can say mine does not and TBH im not sure if plex will when serving them to my other devices. So my goal is to remove it encase of any issues.

Yea it looks good, but after ripbot gets done with it, it looks so much better. :)

oldschooltech
20th October 2018, 20:07
byteshare, if i was to mux in the time codes for all my encodes if they where constant or variable would it hurt anything. every so often there is a 1 or 2 dvd that are variable from a season, or even 1 or 2 episode from a dvd when the rest are constant.

This would save me from having to waste so much time checking every file to see if it needs muxing. I had a few slip by that only had audio issues come the last 10 mins of 30.

Its not to much work as well. thanks to your batch script. I had forgot all about batch. I never was much good at it, but brushed up on it. now I can click and rename the outputs too after moving the original encodes, so there is no file name conflicts.

Thanks for all the help.

oldschooltech
20th October 2018, 20:20
I have a few strong pc and a good handfull of laptops and older weak desktops. DE is very very nice, but I do end up with a problem with slow downs more often then not. As an encode gets near the final chunks if they get sent to a weaker pc the encode can sit 5-10 more minuets waiting for the slow pc to encode it while everything else is idle. I see 3 solutions:

1. I remove slower pc, but take a 50-60 FPS hit.
2. Some home add in a prioritize mode. If chunks are =< the number of encode severs, then refer to user inputted data on what sever should get the final chunks encodes. the flip, what severs should not be sent the final chunks to encode.
3. If ripbot see idle encode severs and || the remaining chunks are < the amount of encode severs Then start a new job with the Idle severs and make sure the others kick in on the new job when they finish up on the last one.

Just a thought, I maybe a special case. At any rate thanks for all your hard work.

GZZ
20th October 2018, 20:33
I have a few strong pc and a good handfull of laptops and older weak desktops. DE is very very nice, but I do end up with a problem with slow downs more often then not. As an encode gets near the final chunks if they get sent to a weaker pc the encode can sit 5-10 more minuets waiting for the slow pc to encode it while everything else is idle. I see 3 solutions:

1. I remove slower pc, but take a 50-60 FPS hit.
2. Some home add in a prioritize mode. If chunks are =< the number of encode severs, then refer to user inputted data on what sever should get the final chunks encodes. the flip, what severs should not be sent the final chunks to encode.
3. If ripbot see idle encode severs and || the remaining chunks are < the amount of encode severs Then start a new job with the Idle severs and make sure the others kick in on the new job when they finish up on the last one.

Just a thought, I maybe a special case. At any rate thanks for all your hard work.

You should set the chunk size to much less and have more chunks that will finish faster.

oldschooltech
20th October 2018, 21:30
You should set the chunk size to much less and have more chunks that will finish faster.

solution 4 overlooked.

4. Learn more about the app and its setting to set it up just right XD.

thank you I will play with it see what I can come up with.

byteshare
20th October 2018, 22:29
byteshare, if i was to mux in the time codes for all my encodes if they where constant or variable would it hurt anything. every so often there is a 1 or 2 dvd that are variable from a season, or even 1 or 2 episode from a dvd when the rest are constant.

This would save me from having to waste so much time checking every file to see if it needs muxing. I had a few slip by that only had audio issues come the last 10 mins of 30.

Its not to much work as well. thanks to your batch script. I had forgot all about batch. I never was much good at it, but brushed up on it. now I can click and rename the outputs too after moving the original encodes, so there is no file name conflicts.

Thanks for all the help.
The only case I know of it being an issue is when there is video corruption, but then again you have video corruption. I can't say with 100% certainty but I can say I can't think of a case really it would hurt to auto mux back the timecodes, nor can I say I've experienced an issue with muxing back timecodes for variable or constant FPS files that didn't already have an issue with the source.

mdchaser
21st October 2018, 03:28
Run manually D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodeAudio1.cmd and see what error message you get.

I ran it manually and sure enough it created the file so I'm not sure whats going on. Here is the output:

Output #0, ac3, to 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf58.17.103
Stream #0:0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp, 640 kb/s
Metadata:
encoder : Lavc58.24.101 ac3
size= 3400194kB time=01:40:44.79 bitrate=4608.0kbits/s speed= 159x
video:0kB audio:3400194kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.000003%
size= 472250kB time=01:40:44.79 bitrate= 640.0kbits/s speed= 159x
video:0kB audio:472250kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.000000%

Atak_Snajpera
21st October 2018, 11:52
solution 4 overlooked.

4. Learn more about the app and its setting to set it up just right XD.

thank you I will play with it see what I can come up with.

Default chunk size is 1 minute. You must have change that to something larger.

mdchaser
22nd October 2018, 01:34
I ran it manually and sure enough it created the file so I'm not sure whats going on. Here is the output:

Output #0, ac3, to 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf58.17.103
Stream #0:0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp, 640 kb/s
Metadata:
encoder : Lavc58.24.101 ac3
size= 3400194kB time=01:40:44.79 bitrate=4608.0kbits/s speed= 159x
video:0kB audio:3400194kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.000003%
size= 472250kB time=01:40:44.79 bitrate= 640.0kbits/s speed= 159x
video:0kB audio:472250kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.000000%

A quick update. I encoded a movie, got the failure. Encoded it again and ran job1_EncodeAudio1.cmd while it was in the middle of encoding and the encode finished properly! It looks as if the audio encoding scripts aren't being called.

Wishbringer
23rd October 2018, 09:22
@Atak_Snajpera:
Could you add a "Core" option for demuxing/decoding E-AC3 Bluray-audio?
For DTS there is a "Core" option, but not for E-AC3.

There is a old bug/missing feature in eac3to when extracting some eac3 streams:
http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=450
Happened in some new BluRay movies.
[a01] Extracting audio track number 1...
[a01] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a01] Applying (E-)AC3 delay failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 1048576. <ERROR>
"Core" would be a workaround till madshi fixes eac3to demuxing/decoding.