PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

tkwou
25th October 2017, 20:12
Hi Atak_Snajpera, just curious about 1.21.0 compared to 1.19.6 that I was using before. I notice that ffmsindex.exe indexes the video file now when it is first added, and then the video file is indexed again once encodingclient.exe opens before the distributed encoding starts.

byteshare
26th October 2017, 16:08
Hi Atak_Snajpera, just curious about 1.21.0 compared to 1.19.6 that I was using before. I notice that ffmsindex.exe indexes the video file now when it is first added, and then the video file is indexed again once encodingclient.exe opens before the distributed encoding starts.

There are several changes, but one of the most important is the switch to full 64bit AVISynth. A full change log is here:
https://www.videohelp.com/software/RipBot264/version-history#changelog

tkwou
26th October 2017, 19:25
Thanks byteshare. I was just curious about the added video indexing step. ffmsindex.exe indexes the *.mkv file when it is first added in Ripbot264 GUI to produce *.mkv.ffindex and *.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt files. When encodingclient.exe opens it copies the video.mkv file to the shared folder and then ffmsindex.exe reindexes that file again to create video.mkv.ffindex and video.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt. It just seems redundant.

POTI
30th October 2017, 01:34
So the auto download on the 28th said it contained a virus

VSRip.exe contained Trojan Fuerboos.A!cl

Atak_Snajpera
30th October 2017, 11:55
So the auto download on the 28th said it contained a virus

VSRip.exe contained Trojan Fuerboos.A!cl

Nope!
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/c378767e06f9c6b1d3636f31750ba4ad205ac3cf09efc8b2e2d0f1fb8619be88/detection

byteshare
30th October 2017, 16:29
Is there anyway to get some of the log info into the media info? Such as the SSIM/PSNR data?

JASAN
30th October 2017, 20:03
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and didn't find results here.

I'm still using version 1.19.3, I had some issues with distributed encoding and subtitles on 1.21.

Is there any way to add the ability to batch process m2ts files? Its not a recognized filetype at least in 1.19.3.

If I change the files to mts, ripbot will import successfully, but it will not use distributed encoding.

I use it to compress blu-ray tv episodes, lots of files to compress.

Thanks for all your work.

Atak_Snajpera
31st October 2017, 14:55
I had some issues with distributed encoding and subtitles on 1.21.
What issues?

byteshare
31st October 2017, 16:30
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and didn't find results here.

I'm still using version 1.19.3, I had some issues with distributed encoding and subtitles on 1.21.

Is there any way to add the ability to batch process m2ts files? Its not a recognized filetype at least in 1.19.3.

If I change the files to mts, ripbot will import successfully, but it will not use distributed encoding.

I use it to compress blu-ray tv episodes, lots of files to compress.

Thanks for all your work.

I personally remux my m2ts files, but those should be work able in RibBot, last time I tried it at least.

As for your Distributed Encoding (DE) issues, we'd need more info as I personally am not having issues with using DE.

JASAN
31st October 2017, 18:30
Issues,

was getting random avs2yuv.exe crash errors on client machines used to run the encoding server.

Sometimes they would work for a full movie or two, sometimes not, and the incomplete chunks would still get written to the movie file, causing skips and such.

the second issue was subtitles would sometimes flash sporadically even though they were proper srt files with good timing.

Both issues went away when I reverted back to 1.19.3

JASAN
31st October 2017, 18:44
I personally remux my m2ts files, but those should be work able in RibBot, last time I tried it at least.

As for your Distributed Encoding (DE) issues, we'd need more info as I personally am not having issues with using DE.

Ripbot for sure takes single m2ts files, but not in batch mode. Also it won't keep the filenames, it changes them all to "video.xxx"

I'm just looking to see if there is a better workflow I should be using, it's right now an all manual process, since it's tv episodes, it can take a while.

Right now I rip, then take out the individual m2ts which are episodes, name them their proper names, add to ripbot individually, name them again in ripbot, queue up and distribute encode them all.

Ive tried renaming them from m2ts to .ts or .mts or .m2t, and ripbot will add them all and compress, but distributed encoding never works for me when they are added as a batch.

I'm probably doing something wrong

Atak_Snajpera
31st October 2017, 19:01
the second issue was subtitles would sometimes flash sporadically even though they were proper srt files with good timing.
Known issue. Disable "Use Multiple processing threads" option. This should also fix crashing when burning subtitles on frames.
I will see what I can do with those file names.

UPDATE:
v1.21.1
Uses original file name correctly
http://i.cubeupload.com/ykfT9c.png

JASAN
31st October 2017, 19:56
Known issue. Disable "Use Multiple processing threads" option. This should also fix crashing when burning subtitles on frames.

UPDATE:
v1.21.1

Thanks for everything, this program works like a champ.

cyperous
1st November 2017, 21:05
When I try to add a muxed mkv that contains a TrueHD+Atmos track I get an error the the items fails to be loaded into ripbot. I've tried batch and just single add both fail though only the single add throws the error. Batch just errors silently and doesn't add the item to the list of encodes.

getinfo.avs:

LoadPlugin("C:\Tools\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
video=FFVideoSource("D:\Rips\4KMovies\The Fifth Element (1997)\Moments - Zorg-featurette.mkv",cachefile = "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Moments - Zorg-featurette.mkv.ffindex",colorspace="YV12")
LoadPlugin("C:\Tools\RipBot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
audio=FFAudioSource("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\1_audio_English.thd")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

filelist:
./1_audio_English.thd
./1_audio_English.thd.ffindex
./chapters.txt
./FFmsindex.cmd
./getAVSerror.cmd
./getinfo.avs
./job1.avs
./job1_a1.avs
./job1_a2.avs
./MKVExtract.cmd
./mkvinfo.txt
./Moments - Zorg-featurette.mkv.ffindex
./Moments - Zorg-featurette.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt
./test.log

AMZMA
2nd November 2017, 14:46
hello, Atak

I've been using your MediaInfo GUI for more than 5 years and I really love it, in fact I already attached to it.

While expressing my gratitude, I want to ask (request) you about blurry text on 1080 display. And can you make it Exit when Escape key pressed? And please give a icon on taskbar.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

byteshare
2nd November 2017, 16:10
UPDATE:
v1.21.1
Is there a way to stop RipBot from converting "." to spaces?

Right now I rip, then take out the individual m2ts which are episodes, name them their proper names, add to ripbot individually, name them again in ripbot, queue up and distribute encode them all.
Try ripping the them to mkv with MakeMKV the free activation code is in their forums.

was getting random avs2yuv.exe crash errors on client machines used to run the encoding server.
Sometimes they would work for a full movie or two, sometimes not, and the incomplete chunks would still get written to the movie file, causing skips and such.
I have this issue two. I've been told the issue is with my AVISynth script. What I do to work around this is don't close the error message before you turn off that encoding client, what I mean is if Server 1 throws the error turn it off on the client (Enocding status to Off status), close the error, and then start the Server again from the encoding client (Off status to On status).

As Atak_Snajpera saied: "Known issue. Disable "Use Multiple processing threads" option. This should also fix crashing when burning subtitles on frames.
I will see what I can do with those file names."
I generally handle audio and subs externally as RipBot doesn't do a good job (i.e. make it easy to copy/convert all of them) batching files with several subs and/or audio files.

Ryushin
4th November 2017, 00:09
Atak, truly you are amazing to still be supporting and adding more features all the time to RipBot264. I very much appreciate all your hard work. Just upgraded to the 1.21.x builds. Just have a couple of questions.

What does "Decoding Threads" do in the Distributed Encoding tab.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the demuxing? On my wife's new Ryzen 1800X machine it can demux an tv episode in 3 minutes to spinning rust. On a AMD server, and a Win10 virtual machine, with 48 2.1Ghz cores, it takes over 9 minutes, also to spinning rust . The demuxing process seems to mostly be single threaded from watching task manager. Any ideas on a way to speed this up?

Tazlord
4th November 2017, 07:14
I know this topic has been discussed here before but I can't seem to find the solution this this problem anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ISSUE
When trying to enable encoding on a remote server I am receiving the following error:

https://preview.ibb.co/gSw0vw/2017_11_03_22_42_26_Windows_10_Pro_x64.png

INFORMATION
Server host is Windows 10 x64.
The system running RipBot264 main application is also Windows 10 x64.
The remote server is able to open and access files in the RipBotTemp folder. I have verified this through Windows Explorer.
AviSynth+ MT x64 has been installed on the server host (see screenshot above).

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2017, 13:19
What does "Decoding Threads" do in the Distributed Encoding tab.
Other user asked the same question in private message...
If you set Decoding Threads to 0 then all your cpu threads will be used during decoding process. In some rare situations It will eliminate bottleneck in case when x264 can process frames faster than decoder can provide. In old days multi-threaded decoding was very buggy hence I set safe value of 1 (single thread).
Currently I do not think that this is still necessary and multi-threaded decoding should not cause any crashes.

On a AMD server, and a Win10 virtual machine, with 48 2.1Ghz cores, it takes over 9 minutes, also to spinning rust .
Maybe it is a problem with virtualization?

@Tazlord
You most likely do not have VC++ redist 2015 (x64) installed on that machine.

Tazlord
4th November 2017, 16:52
@Tazlord
You most likely do not have VC++ redist 2015 (x64) installed on that machine.

Thanks! That was it! I had 2008 and 2012 installed but I guess AviSyth+ MT needs 2015. Thanks again.

Ryushin
4th November 2017, 18:42
Maybe it is a problem with virtualization?

I was thinking that originally as well. Spent three days working on that. I was able to remove a couple of bottlenecks. Now it looks like the system has plenty of resources to spare. It's pegged one core to the max and I'm thinking that is limiting the demuxing process. Not sure if it can be threaded any further or not.

The Ryzen proc is just amazing. Thinking of going with the server version of it for my main server in the future.

Image of the processors and system load for the VM:
https://s26.postimg.org/wclagfllx/CPU_Load.png (https://postimg.org/image/wclagfllx/)

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2017, 19:20
Thinking of going with the server version of it for my main server in the future.
You mean EPYC?

Ryushin
4th November 2017, 20:50
You mean EPYC?

Yep. Everything comes down to money though.

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2017, 21:12
Instead of very expensive EPYC 32c/64t (2.2 GHz) I would rather choose overclocked ThreadRipper 16c/32t (~4GHz).
-Cheaper motherboard and CPU
-Similar multithreaded performance
-Better single threaded performance

klopsknoedel
4th November 2017, 22:57
Heyho,

I've found that 1.21.1 (and 1.20) looses the language information on the 2nd audio track. I can see this on all of my jobs.

!Sometime! even the first track does not have a language set. For now I can't tell if it is due to a specific codec or anything else.

This is not a big deal but sometimes this language is even missing inside the "jobXXX_MuxFiles.cmd" - files which leads into a merge-error. Unfortunatly from then I can't run this file by hand as the converted files allready got deleted by ripbot.

So this:
--compression 0:none --language 0: --sync 0:0 "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job86\audio_2_English.core.dts"
has to look like this:
--compression 0:none --language 0:eng --sync 0:0 "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job86\audio_2_English.core.dts"

http://cdn.s-hofmann.de/languagebug.png

slalom
6th November 2017, 17:26
What can you tell me about this error?

error: failed to load avisynth.dll
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'

I have the same updated ripbot folder on all PCs
This came on one PC on both encoding servers

new to using v.1.21.1

Atak_Snajpera
6th November 2017, 18:18
You have solution literally on the same page.

slalom
6th November 2017, 20:14
You're talking about AviSynth+_FE_0.1.0.2508_X64

It fixed the problem, but why was it on only one PC? (nevermind, don't wanna know)

Is there a reason for a wider Ripbot264 program window?
It won't fit side by side with the servers window on 1680 pixels

Just wondering

MaistroX
7th November 2017, 10:25
Hi Atak_Snajpera,

Is there a reason that RipBot dno´t recognise a UHD file as ex: "00001.track_4113.hevc"?
How do I add it to RipBot so I can encode it?

Regards MaistroX

burt123
8th November 2017, 07:56
Hi Atak,

So "we've" had 2 auto updates in the last week, and have no idea what has changed...:(

I know I've asked several times before, can you PLEASE add a changelog.txt with the updates !?!?!?

Also, are you going to post the "full" version of 1.12.1 on the 1st page, and update the changelog there....

Cheers :thanks:

Ryushin
8th November 2017, 14:18
Instead of very expensive EPYC 32c/64t (2.2 GHz) I would rather choose overclocked ThreadRipper 16c/32t (~4GHz).
-Cheaper motherboard and CPU
-Similar multithreaded performance
-Better single threaded performance

I'd rather use a higher clocked chip for sure. I'll have to see if they have a EPYC version at some point in time. I have a Supermicro server chassis so I use their motherboards. Hopefully Supermicro will make a ThreadRipper motherboard with ECC memory.

I have encountered a bug in 1.21.1. Sometimes when I'm editing a job when encoding is running, the job that is starting will be transposed with the job that I'm editing. I need to close RipBot264 and go and edit the jobs.list file to fix what was replaced. The bug changes the job number along with the job name. Putting the information back into jobs.list allows me to get the job back that was transposed.

BTW, absolutely phenomenal job with the new version of RipBot264 and Avisynth MT. I'm now seeing about 30fps when using mdegrain instead of 5fps with my setup.

Atak_Snajpera
8th November 2017, 17:00
Btw. How many fps do you have in my benchmark http://forum.pclab.pl/topic/1184884-x265-FHD-Benchmark/ on that AMD Opteron?

Ryushin
8th November 2017, 22:26
Btw. How many fps do you have in my benchmark http://forum.pclab.pl/topic/1184884-x265-FHD-Benchmark/ on that AMD Opteron?

Current Setup:

Server 1:
CPUs: 4 sockets, AMD Opteron 6172, 12 cores each proc, 48 cores total.
Devuan Linux
Windows 10 VM running under QEMU KVM with 44 cores
Benchmark Results:
2 x AMD Opteron 23xx (Gen 3 Class Opteron) @ 2.1GHz ( 22C / 22T )
encoded 2500 frames in 172.67s (14.48 fps), 7025.74 kbps, Avg QP:37.21

Server 2:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core @ 3.6GHz ( 8C / 16T )
encoded 2500 frames in 108.78s (22.98 fps), 7025.74 kbps, Avg QP:37.21

Server 3 and 4:
Dell R610s
2 x Intel Xeon X5550 @ 2.66GHz ( 4C / 8T )
encoded 2500 frames in 197.02s (12.69 fps), 7025.74 kbps, Avg QP:37.21

Not so sure if the benchmark is a good test for that many cores or not. When using the distributed encoding, I give the Opteron server 4 instances to fully utilize the system. Before 1.21.x I had to give it 6 instances.

But I'm so impressed with Ryzen. That single CPU is pretty much doing half as much work as that quad AMD for most tasks. But with mdegrain2, the Ryzen is matching the quad AMD.

Atak_Snajpera
9th November 2017, 12:02
Benchmark uses 5 instances of x265. CPU usage should be at 100%. (prease verify)
I'm surprised that 44 cores @ 2.1 GHz gives only 14.5 fps. That's basicaly Intel Core i5-7400 @ 3.5GHz ( 4C / 4T ) level !

Ryushin
10th November 2017, 14:48
Benchmark uses 5 instances of x265. CPU usage should be at 100%. (prease verify)
I'm surprised that 44 cores @ 2.1 GHz gives only 14.5 fps. That's basicaly Intel Core i5-7400 @ 3.5GHz ( 4C / 4T ) level !

In the beginning of the test it is using all the cores and running about 16.8fps (which still is not that great), but right at the end of the test, when some of the threads have finished, it drops to 14.5fps which is what it records. The G3 Opteron may be missing some cpu extensions for x265 optimizations.

I've been thinking I may move the VM to another one of my servers and I may reload the Opteron server with Server 2013. Another project for me. :)

Toku
12th November 2017, 10:17
Hi Atak - Thanks so much for this software. Without software like Ripbot offering distributed encoding - encoding in H265 would be pretty much impossible with current consumer grade hardware.

One request - are you able to add the option to choose no audio tracks in Batch mode? I like to deal with audio tracks separately and mux them together after the encode. When using batch mode, the option to choose no audio tracks doesn't seem to be there?

lemaireus
12th November 2017, 19:24
Atak, each time I load an .mkv video with DTSHD-MA audio into Ripbot for encoding, the audio track straightaway encodes itself into a FLAC file. Is there any way I can change that behaviour?

I prefer what Ripbot does with blu ray discs, where it provides the option to decode to .wav or use the core or keep the track unchanged. In mkv files with DTSHD-MA, Ripbot doesn't offer me any option; it straightaway encodes the DTSHD-MA into a FLAC track. I wish I had the option to decode to .wav and then encode into AC3 or keep DTS core, basically use the same options which we can use in encoding blu ray discs. I know that I can encode the FLAC into an AC3 but I'd still prefer if Ripbot offered me all the options it does with blu ray discs even when I am encoding an mkv or a BDRemux with DTSHD-MA audio.

If those options are available and it's just that I haven't yet figured them out, I'd be thankful if you could point me in the right direction about configuring those options.

Atak_Snajpera
13th November 2017, 14:34
Atak, each time I load an .mkv video with DTSHD-MA audio into Ripbot for encoding, the audio track straightaway encodes itself into a FLAC file. Is there any way I can change that behaviour?
Update to 1.21.x

Ryushin
13th November 2017, 15:40
Hi Atak,

First the UI Reqeust. When using MDegrain, is it possible to add two arrow boxes like you do for HQDN3D? One for selecting what level of MDegrain, 1-3 and another one for the thSAD value and perhaps have the arrows change the value up or down by 25 or allow you to just type into the box the value you want.

Also, as a general usage for HQDN3D, I found that setting the temporal value as half of what the denoising value and rounding down give me good results. So 4422, 5522, 6633, 7733, 8844, etc.

Now about the Distributed Encoding (DE) issue. I've extracted a couple of clips that show the problem which can be downloaded from here:
https://cloud.chrisdos.com/index.php/s/gm6HakAT9J2WLr7

During the camera panning there are several skipped frames when using DE.

At first I thought the issue was relating to degraining while using DE and I tried quite a few options but the problem was still there. On a whim I turned off DE and then the skipped frames where no longer an issue. Is there anything I can do to help with the debugging? Do you need access to the original source file?

Atak_Snajpera
13th November 2017, 16:21
Do you need access to the original source file?
yes...

JASAN
20th November 2017, 22:19

UPDATE:
v1.21.1

Atak, where do I download the version that fixes the renaming of the files? I have some time this week to test and I just see 1.21.0 for the downloads...

Thanks again

Ryushin
21st November 2017, 04:45
Hi Atak,

Encountered something new. When clicking okay on the Avisynth window, there is a large disk load that takes about five minutes to complete before the window actually closes.

https://s26.postimg.org/wim64l0yt/Ripbot264_Disk_Load.png (https://postimg.org/image/wim64l0yt/)

Not sure what would be the cause of that issue.

Atak_Snajpera
21st November 2017, 09:51
Are you still on virtual machine?

burt123
21st November 2017, 10:04
Atak, where do I download the version that fixes the renaming of the files? I have some time this week to test and I just see 1.21.0 for the downloads...

Thanks again

You'll have to download that available version, make sure auto updates are enabled, and then run the program which will download the updates, and they will be installed the next time you start the program, and it should be up to date...(you should see the update notice working, as Ripbot starts)

Ryushin
21st November 2017, 18:35
Are you still on virtual machine?

Yep. The picture is showing a large load of 100MB/s though for a long period of time.

Ran some benchmarks. It's me. The raw disk image grew and performance went south. Back to disk/vm tuning for me.

byteshare
22nd November 2017, 20:07
Hi Atak,

Encountered something new. When clicking okay on the Avisynth window, there is a large disk load that takes about five minutes to complete before the window actually closes.

https://s26.postimg.org/wim64l0yt/Ripbot264_Disk_Load.png (https://postimg.org/image/wim64l0yt/)

Not sure what would be the cause of that issue.

This is not an "issue" as it is regenerating the info.txt, and it is just slow on your machine. I'd rather it didn't if it did a check for info.txt but at least it always does which saves me when a few random jobs don't have the info.txt for some reason.

Ryushin
24th November 2017, 06:43
Ended up throwing in the towel as it really looks like I encountered some kind of KVM bug with the storage. Reloaded the whole system bare metal with Server 2012 R2. Still getting some thing set up before I start testing. Disk access seems far better now. So hopefully the slowness will be gone. Ran the x265 benchmark and it's only using about 20-30% of the system.
https://s26.postimg.org/6xbbquskl/x264_FHD_Bencmark.png (https://postimg.org/image/6xbbquskl/)

Atak_Snajpera
24th November 2017, 13:14
Testing performance on virtual machine is pointless.

Ryushin
24th November 2017, 15:32
Testing performance on virtual machine is pointless.

It's no longer a virtual machine. Bare metal 2012 R2.

forkicks
24th November 2017, 17:30
Hi. I have a problem with 1.21, all mp4 files i throw at it fail after copying the file to the shared folder (right at the start of encoding), with

Exception EFOpenError in module EncodingClient.exe at 000241AE. Cannot open file "c:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1\info.txt". The system cannot find the file specified.

This happens with all mp4s, and only with mp4s. If i throw mkvs at it, it works fine. I took a look at the mp4getinfo.cmd that gets created in the job folder, and there is an issue with it (at least with it, havent checked others). The command it runs, if i run it at the command line, outputs its result to the console, not the file. If i add "2>&1" at the end of it, then it sends its output to the file. I assume the info.txt file is then created from info taken from the mp4info.txt file, and this is the root cause of the problem.

Example:
(from mp4getinfo.cmd)
"D:\Desktop\RipBot264\Tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -info "E:\OldJ\conv\FILE.mp4" >> "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\mp4info.txt"

results in a 0 byte mp4info.txt (and a missing info.txt).

but running instead
"D:\Desktop\RipBot264\Tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -info "E:\OldJ\conv\FILE.mp4" >> "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\mp4info.txt" 2>&1

creates a proper mp4info.txt file.

Apparently mp4box is outputing to stderr instead of stdout, even if its normal output (there is no error, the file is perfectly fine).

Again, this happens on ALL mp4 files i throw at it. I'm running the program as downloaded from the first post. This did not happen with 1.20.1.

Thanks for a great piece of software.
fK

byteshare
24th November 2017, 19:38
Hi. I have a problem with 1.21, all mp4 files i throw at it fail after copying the file to the shared folder (right at the start of encoding), with

Exception EFOpenError in module EncodingClient.exe at 000241AE. Cannot open file "c:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1\info.txt". The system cannot find the file specified.

This happens with all mp4s, and only with mp4s. If i throw mkvs at it, it works fine. I took a look at the mp4getinfo.cmd that gets created in the job folder, and there is an issue with it (at least with it, havent checked others). The command it runs, if i run it at the command line, outputs its result to the console, not the file. If i add "2>&1" at the end of it, then it sends its output to the file. I assume the info.txt file is then created from info taken from the mp4info.txt file, and this is the root cause of the problem.

Example:
(from mp4getinfo.cmd)
"D:\Desktop\RipBot264\Tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -info "E:\OldJ\conv\FILE.mp4" >> "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\mp4info.txt"

results in a 0 byte mp4info.txt (and a missing info.txt).

but running instead
"D:\Desktop\RipBot264\Tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -info "E:\OldJ\conv\FILE.mp4" >> "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\mp4info.txt" 2>&1

creates a proper mp4info.txt file.

Apparently mp4box is outputing to stderr instead of stdout, even if its normal output (there is no error, the file is perfectly fine).

Again, this happens on ALL mp4 files i throw at it. I'm running the program as downloaded from the first post. This did not happen with 1.20.1.

Thanks for a great piece of software.
fK

I've had issues with info file before, as a temporary work around and maybe some insight to the issue, try:
Go into the AviSynth settings for an encode, Click okay, don't need to change anything.
This will trigger the regenerating of the info.txt. See if that makes the info file for you.

GZZ
25th November 2017, 17:11
Trying to do some HDR encoding, but your AVS script is killing it. Event though I choose Main10 and add these extra settings for x265 "--hdr --hdr-opt --colorprim "bt2020" --transfer 16" you are using "colorspace="YV12" in your AVS file after the ffindex file.
If I run the AVS file with the above colorspace it outputs 8 bit:

E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 3840x1608, YV12, 8-bits, progressive, 24000/1001 fps, 192703 frames

But If I remove colorspace conversion it outputs 10 bit and my HDR is working.
E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 3840x1608, YUV422P10, 10-bits, progressive, 24000/1001 fps, 192703 frames

But how can I turn this off in Ripbot, at the moment I have to do some manuel steps to get it working?

Update: Also had to set this parameter for AVS2YUV to preserve YUV422P10 (or else it got converted to YUV420p10). Parameter: -csp I422

Calimero1609
26th November 2017, 11:32
@Atak_Snajpera

the update server is no longer available

2017-11-26 11:16:04 : =========================[UPDATER ACTIVATED]=========================
2017-11-26 11:16:04 : Looking for correct UUID link in http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/
2017-11-26 11:16:05 : [ERROR] http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ does not have correct UUID link 6c966b28-e0dd-48f6-b1c7-a56e8a275ec0
2017-11-26 11:16:05 : Searching for UUID link with DuckDuckGo...
2017-11-26 11:16:06 : Search results...
2017-11-26 11:16:06 : No results.

http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/

--> The page you are looking for or an alias does not exist

jlpsvk
28th November 2017, 01:18
@Atak_Snajpera
Any chance to have HDR -> SDR conversion incorporated? :)

forkicks
28th November 2017, 10:30
I've had issues with info file before, as a temporary work around and maybe some insight to the issue, try:
Go into the AviSynth settings for an encode, Click okay, don't need to change anything.
This will trigger the regenerating of the info.txt. See if that makes the info file for you.

I did as you suggested, and the info.txt gets created after opening and closing the avisynth settings. Then, when the process actually starts, its gone and the same error happens.

Thank you for your time,
fK

Edit: Ripbot picked up a new update today, 1.21.1, and this has fixed my problem. Cheers!

byteshare
30th November 2017, 16:17
@Atak_Snajpera
Would the new chunk support in HEVC Version 2.6+ possibly help RipBot?
Basic support for segmented (or chunked) encoding added with --vbv-end that can specify the status of CPB at the end of a segment. String this together with --vbv-init to encode a title as chunks while maintaining VBV compliance!
http://x265.readthedocs.io/en/default/releasenotes.html

Thought about it more, I guess this would only help if not doing anything with AVISynth?

sneaker_ger
30th November 2017, 22:40
Doesn't matter if source is AviSynth or not.

byteshare
1st December 2017, 19:21
Doesn't matter if source is AviSynth or not.
I suppose it wouldn't matter if you cut the video into chunks for AVISynth, mux it all back together then let HEVC to do its own thing for DE mode, but I don't know how feasible that is right now.

mdchaser
3rd December 2017, 01:33
Hi, I'm experiencing something interesting after reloading my PC. I am running the latest version and installed the pre-reqs. I can encode blu-ray to mkv just fine but the output gives me a black screen with audio... I can use VLC to play it fine but other players won't display the video stream!

Thanks!

sneaker_ger
3rd December 2017, 16:35
What other players? Are you encoding to HEVC or AVC 10 bit and your system codecs don't support it (but VLC does because it has its own decoders built-in)?

mdchaser
3rd December 2017, 20:18
What other players? Are you encoding to HEVC or AVC 10 bit and your system codecs don't support it (but VLC does because it has its own decoders built-in)?

The built in windows 10 tv & movies app. It's always worked before and I was under the impression that MS had included h.265 support. I can play all of the older video files I've encoded so I'm wondering if I missed a prerequisite program or if something needs to be updated in windows... I'm encoding HEVC like I've always done, I'll double check my settings to make sure nothing was changed though.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd December 2017, 20:25
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12106/hevc-and-the-windows-10-fall-creators-update

mdchaser
3rd December 2017, 20:38
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12106/hevc-and-the-windows-10-fall-creators-update

Thank you sir!

activoice
3rd December 2017, 22:24
Edit - Fixed this myself... I had to download the full 64 bit AviSynth+ installer from Videohelp, and install that.. I assume that it probably made some change to the registry.

I have Ripbot264 working on 3 of 4 PC's, but I cannot figure out what is wrong with the 4th PC...

All settings are the same, I even tried deleting the Ripbot, AviSynth and AviSynth+ folders, and copying my Ripbot, and AVISynth folders from a working PC to the non-working PC and still nothing...

If I try to run Ripbot standalone on the problem PC, it completes demuxing the audio stream, but while Demuxing the video stream I see Decoding Error. (but there is no indication anywhere what this error is)

And if I try running the Encoding Server (it displays the AviSynth version at the bottom as AviSynth+ 0.1(r2508, MT, x86_64) but I get the following error when I click the ON button for that server from the primary PC

Encoding started...
""\\primary\Ripbot264temp\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" -seek 118 "\\primary\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\42.avs" -o - | "\\primary\Ripbot264temp\tools\x265\x265_x64.exe" --crf 22 --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 2690 --sar 1:1 --profile main10 --output-depth 10 --y4m --output "\\primary\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\42.265" -"
x265 [error]: unable to open input file <->

Encoding terminated.
Connection Closed Gracefully.

I am assuming that both problems are probably being caused by AviSynth... but no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

Everything was working fine before I updated to the latest version.

mdchaser
3rd December 2017, 23:59
Edit - Fixed this myself... I had to download the full 64 bit AviSynth+ installer from Videohelp, and install that.. I assume that it probably made some change to the registry.

I have Ripbot264 working on 3 of 4 PC's, but I cannot figure out what is wrong with the 4th PC...

All settings are the same, I even tried deleting the Ripbot, AviSynth and AviSynth+ folders, and copying my Ripbot, and AVISynth folders from a working PC to the non-working PC and still nothing...

If I try to run Ripbot standalone on the problem PC, it completes demuxing the audio stream, but while Demuxing the video stream I see Decoding Error. (but there is no indication anywhere what this error is)

And if I try running the Encoding Server (it displays the AviSynth version at the bottom as AviSynth+ 0.1(r2508, MT, x86_64) but I get the following error when I click the ON button for that server from the primary PC

Encoding started...
""\\primary\Ripbot264temp\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" -seek 118 "\\primary\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\42.avs" -o - | "\\primary\Ripbot264temp\tools\x265\x265_x64.exe" --crf 22 --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 2690 --sar 1:1 --profile main10 --output-depth 10 --y4m --output "\\primary\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\42.265" -"
x265 [error]: unable to open input file <->

Encoding terminated.
Connection Closed Gracefully.

I am assuming that both problems are probably being caused by AviSynth... but no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

Everything was working fine before I updated to the latest version.

Did you install the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable? I believe I had the same issue until installing it...

activoice
4th December 2017, 05:14
Did you install the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable? I believe I had the same issue until installing it...

Yes the full installer included that...

nekrosoft13
4th December 2017, 15:56
Hello Atak

I ran into an issue that sometimes even when job has AR of 4:3, the resulting video ends up being 16:9

Here is job.ini

it clearly says 4:3 or 1,33:1

[JobSettings]
SelectedCodec=hevc
VideoFile=C:\Kodi Hive\Drive 7\Hive\Animated\Transformers\Season 1\Transformers - S01E01 - More Than Meets The Eye (1).mkv
VideoCodec=mpeg2
VideoWidth=720
VideoHeight=480
VideoAspectRatio=4:3
VideoProfile=[MA10 x.x] 10bit . Progressive
SourceFPS=29.97
MovieFPS=29.97
FPSinGUI=29.97
SourceNumberOfFrames=40086
SourceMovieLength=1337.53753753754
CurrentMovieLength=1337.53753753754
SourceAudioLength=1337.568
SourceAudioLength2=0
Frames=40086
Duration=0:22:17.538
Mode=1-Pass
kbps=2000
SelectedAudio=1
AudioFile=D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job441\1_audio_English.ac3
AudioFile2=--------------------[NO AUDIO]--------------------
AudioFileSize=74903808
AudioFileSize2=0
AudioCodec=ac3
AudioCodec2=
AudioBPS=448000
AudioBPS2=
AudioProfile=x.x C O P Y S T R E A M
AudioProfile2=
Frequency=48000
Frequency2=
Channels=6
Channels2=
DurationAudio=0:22:17.568
DurationAudio2=
AudioLength=1337.568
AudioLength2=0
Normalize=OFF
Normalize2=OFF
AudioDelay=0
AudioDelay2=0
AudioAmplification=1
AudioAmplification2=1
AudioLang=[eng] English
AudioLang2=
Output=C:\Kodi Hive\Drive 3\Transformers - S01E01 - More Than Meets The Eye (1).mkv
Container=mkv
LockSize=0
Size=392
Deinterlace=TFF -> 29.97 FPS
Crop=Do not crop
CropTop=0
CropBottom=0
CropLeft=0
CropRight=0
Resize=Custom [1,33:1]
ResX=1440
ResY=1080
Decimate=Do not decimate
Levels=Do not change levels
Colors=Do not change colours
hue=0
sat=1.0
bright=0
cont=1.0
subtitles=Do not render subtitles
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=MDegrain2 + HQDN3D
DenoiseLumaNoise=6
DenoiseChromaNoise=2
AssumeFPS=Do not change
Default_Subtitles=NONE
Forced_Subtitles=NONE

but what I end up getting is this

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L4@Main
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 22 min 17 s
Bit rate : 2 014 kb/s
Width : 1 440 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.043
Stream size : 321 MiB (82%)
Writing library : x265 2.5+58-06979c042350:[Windows][GCC 7.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings

any idea how to resolve this in batch mode?

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2017, 16:55
I strongly recommend to keep original resolution. Upscaling DOES NOT magically add details to image like in C.S.I. show. You are just artificially increasing bitrate/filesize big time! Upscalers in TVs are already very good so upscalling before encoding makes zero sense in 2017.

PS. 1440x1080 in Blu-Ray , HDTV or Camcorder world is always 16:9, therefore RipBot264 automatically uses 16:9 aspect ratio.

nekrosoft13
4th December 2017, 19:13
original files are mpeg2 with huge bitrate, file size is 900-1000MB, re-encoded files end up looking better (thanks to noise removal) and are 200-300mb, so both bitrate and filesize drops.

Anyway, how can I stop it from assuming and actually just follow the correct AR?

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2017, 20:08
Bitrate will be even lower if you keep original 720x480.

byteshare
8th December 2017, 17:36
@Atak_Snajpera
I think I found an issue(s)...
In the #:\Temp\RipBot264temp\Job##\Chunks\CombineAllChunks.cmd file my install (latest updates, forced a recheck to be sure) I found that it is pointing to "vjoin_.exe"
When I looked in the vjoin folder I found only "vjoin.exe" I copied the vjoin and renamed it to the file it wanted.

Second issue is with remuxed BluRays anytime there is a sub file (even if I didn't select one to be muxed back in) the remux process is erroring out, see log:
E:\>"E:\!0-Trans\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.21.0\EncodingClient.exe" "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

E:\>"E:\!0-Trans\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.21.0\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Merge Audio&Video\A\MOONRAKER_t29 Cable Car [Deinterlace].mkv" --compression 0:none --title "MOONRAKER_t29 Cable Car [Deinterlace]" --default-duration 0:30000/1001fps "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:eng "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.opus" --default-track 0:no --language 0:ita -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\2_subtitles_Italian.idx" --default-track 0:no --language 0:spa -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\3_subtitles_Spanish.idx" --default-track 0:no --language 0:gaa -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\4_subtitles_Hungarian.idx" --default-track 0:no --language 0:por -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\5_subtitles_Portuguese.idx" --default-track 0:no --language 0:und -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\6_subtitles_Undetermined.idx"
mkvmerge v18.0.0 ('Apricity') 32-bit
Error: The file 'E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\2_subtitles_Italian.idx' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
It is looking for a *.IDX file when it shouldn't. SUP subs from BluRays don't have IDX files I thought. I checked with MKVExtract and I only get .sup files out.

Atak_Snajpera
8th December 2017, 18:50
Issue #2
Please tell me step by step what to do to force this bug.

byteshare
8th December 2017, 22:42
Issue #2
Please tell me step by step what to do to force this bug.
I can send you a sample file but All I do is add the file > Setup HEVC/AVISynth settings > uncheck audio and don't check any subs just let it auto pick when doing batch (remux subs). After encode finishes and tries to mux is when it errors out.

Atak_Snajpera
8th December 2017, 22:54
I can send you a sample file but All I do is add the file > Setup HEVC/AVISynth settings > uncheck audio and don't check any subs. After encode finishes and tries to mux is when it errors out.

Yes, please...

GZZ
9th December 2017, 19:56
Getting an error in the Avisynth Filter If I choose Mono Noise 2 - See screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czdxzc5s1v51p8e/Unavngivet.png?dl=0

Using the newest 1.20.1 version.

00-00
10th December 2017, 02:31
Having an issue with audio in batch mode on version 1.21.0. When I batch add files they have no audio, either in the preview, in the encoding settings audio bar - it simply says 'No Audio', and the finished files have no audio either. if I add them manually one by one though they do have audio. I've tried earlier versions and they don't have this problem and audio works OK.

I have been using .m2ts files for this, hope someone can help!

:thanks:

PetBel
13th December 2017, 09:54
Since a few weeks I have Problems with RipBot (with local and distributed encoding), so i decided to make tests on a PC with a clean Windows installation and only RipBot and the needed Software on it. But I still have Problems.

Here is a step by step description:
- clean Windows 10 Installation with all updates
- Download ripbot 1.21.0 and install Avisynth from Tools Directory
- install latest Java and MediaSplitter
- Update Ripbot to 1.21.1 with auto updater

- add a m2ts file from a BD iso Image (I use one that i have already encoded with an earlier Version of RipBot, so I am sure the source is ok)

The result is an empty "New Job" window with the message "Decoding Error" in the top right Corner.

Is there any log I can check to get more information about what is wrong?

JASAN
15th December 2017, 20:12
Hi again Atak, Is this a false positive? Encodingserver.exe is prompting windows defender to put up a virus warning.

Ryushin
17th December 2017, 15:29
Just wondering if encoding 4K/UHD is possible? I know mkv does not have support for Dolby Vision, but it does for HDR10. Does RipBot264 pass through the HDR10 information to the MKV? What about passing through Dolby Atmos?

I have a UHD friendly drive coming today and about half of my 4K discs can be ripped. I'd like to start encoding them to put on my NAS. MakeMKV lets me convert the disc into a native file and AnyDVDHD is adding support to rip the discs to a folder.

Pretty excited to finally put my 4K discs up on my server.

slalom
17th December 2017, 16:25
@Atak
what about these errors?

FFVideoSource: No video track found
FFAudioSource: No audio track found

Ryushin
17th December 2017, 17:50
Just found out about chapterdb.org and I think it is a pretty cool idea.:
http://www.chapterdb.org

Atak, do think it's possible to integrate this into RipBot264? There is an API for it.

Atak_Snajpera
17th December 2017, 18:46
Just wondering if encoding 4K/UHD is possible? I know mkv does not have support for Dolby Vision, but it does for HDR10. Does RipBot264 pass through the HDR10 information to the MKV?
Send me few HDR10 samples and I will implement pass through in ripbot264.

Just found out about chapterdb.org and I think it is a pretty cool idea.:
http://www.chapterdb.org

Atak, do think it's possible to integrate this into RipBot264? There is an API for it.
honestly i'm not interested...

Ryushin
22nd December 2017, 00:26
Ripped my first 4K UltraHD movie using AnyDVD and when I went to select the streams, the Blu-ray Structure box shows the video as blank.

https://s14.postimg.org/qzqoca99p/Blu-ray_Structure_Video_Blank.png (https://postimg.org/image/qzqoca99p/)

This is all so new everyone is still figuring how the 4K discs are working.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd December 2017, 11:55
Send me whole UHD BluRay folder structure. Trim main movie and extras to reduce file size.

Ronski
25th December 2017, 13:49
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'll post this now otherwise I will forget, the move file option seems to have stopped working, I have the following option in my encodingclient.ini file but Ripbot is copying the file rather than moving it.

[hidden settings]
MoveFiletoSharedFolder=1

My last encode was done at the end of November and I'm sure that was fine - I would have noticed the long wait for the file to be copied.

I've also noticed that Ripbot doesn't check for sufficient disc space, my encode just stopped/hung and then I noticed there was zero disc space. In fact it had copied about 22GB of a 34GB file, so the copy had failed and then Ripbot just tried to carry on with the encoding instead of issuing an error

Edit: I should add I'm on version v1.20.1, not 1.21.0 as I thought, so I'll force an update later and see if the copy/move issue remains

Danette
25th December 2017, 15:55
I have demuxed m2v video files from mkv containers and have loaded them into RipBot264 via the batch function. When I click "Start", RipBot264 moves into a "Waiting for file..." mode that never ends. It waits forever. I wouldn't call it a freeze, since I can abort it. When I load the files individually, RipBot264 has no problem processing them.

Atak_Snajpera
25th December 2017, 18:21
Most likely file handle is still locked (function FileOpen returns 0 each time) by some other process.
From my code it looks like this

Repeat
FileHandle := FileOpen(inputfile, fmOpenRead or fmShareExclusive);
sleep(100);
until (FileHandle>0) or (Terminated=true) or (FileExists(inputfile)=false);
if FileHandle>0 then FileClose(FileHandle);

I've just checked on my machine with .m2v and file was automatically processed in automatic batch mode.

Ronski
25th December 2017, 18:45
Just updated to v1.21.0 and the file is still being copied rather than moved when using the [hidden settings] MoveFiletoSharedFolder=1 option

Atak_Snajpera
25th December 2017, 19:41
try this
[settings]
MoveVideoFiletoSharedFolder=1

BTW. That option is no longer hidden. You can change it directly in GUI.

Ronski
26th December 2017, 11:29
Thanks very much Atak fort the quick reply and update, that worked.

Danette
29th December 2017, 19:46
I'm converting many TV shows that are NTSC 29.97 fps. Of course, these need to be IVTC'd, which RipBot264 generally handles well. However, about half of them have vfr (variable frame rate) and RipBot264 makes a mess of them (out-of-sync audio and duplicated video at the end to fit the audio). Is there a solution for this?

silverback
1st January 2018, 17:57
Happy New Year Atak,

Great work with ripbot as always.

I am getting a Green Screen in the AviSynth preview window running on 8.1, any ideas?

Thanks

GZZ
1st January 2018, 21:01
I think you need to look at the demux for subtitle when it set the language.

I have this info in the mediainfo list

Text #1
ID : 3
Format : PGS
Muxing mode : zlib
Codec ID : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info : Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
Language : English
Text #2
ID : 4

Text #3
ID : 5

Text #4
ID : 6

Text #5
ID : 7
Language : Arabic

Text #6
ID : 8
Language : Chinese

Text #7
ID : 9
Language : Chinese

Text #8
ID : 10
Language : Czech

Text #9
ID : 11
Language : Danish

Text #10
ID : 12
Language : Dutch

Text #11
ID : 13
Language : Finnish

Text #12
ID : 14
Language : French

Text #13
ID : 15
Language : German

Text #14
ID : 16
Language : Greek

Text #15
ID : 17
Language : Hebrew

Text #16
ID : 18
Language : Hungarian

Text #17
ID : 19
Language : Indonesian

Text #18
ID : 20
Language : Italian

Text #19
ID : 21
Language : Japanese

Text #20
ID : 22
Language : Korean

Text #21
ID : 23
Language : Norwegian

Text #22
ID : 24
Language : Polish

Text #23
ID : 25
Language : Portuguese

Text #24
ID : 26
Language : Portuguese

Text #25
ID : 27
Language : Slovak

Text #26
ID : 28
Language : Spanish

Text #27
ID : 29
Language : Spanish

Text #28
ID : 30
Language : Swedish

Text #29
ID : 31
Language : Thai

Text #30
ID : 32
Language : Turkish

Text #31
ID : 33
Language : Japanese

Text #32
ID : 34
Language : Russian

But the demuxed subtitles are named, I have marked the (XXXX) which is the correct subtitle name.

2_subtitles_English.sup
3_subtitles_English.sup
4_subtitles_English.sup
5_subtitles_English.sup
6_subtitles_Arabic.sup
7_subtitles_Undetermined.sup (Chinese)
8_subtitles_Undetermined.sup (Chinese)
9_subtitles_Undetermined.sup (CZech)
10_subtitles_Danish.sup
11_subtitles_Dutch.sup
12_subtitles_Finnish.sup
13_subtitles_French.sup
14_subtitles_German.sup
15_subtitles_Undetermined.sup (Greek)
16_subtitles_Hebrew.sup
17_subtitles_Hungarian.sup
18_subtitles_Indonesian.sup
19_subtitles_Italian.sup
20_subtitles_Japanese.sup
21_subtitles_Korean.sup
22_subtitles_Norwegian.sup
23_subtitles_Polish.sup
24_subtitles_Portuguese.sup
25_subtitles_Portuguese.sup
26_subtitles_Undetermined.sup (Slovak)
27_subtitles_Spanish.sup
28_subtitles_Spanish.sup
29_subtitles_Swedish.sup
30_subtitles_Thai.sup
31_subtitles_Turkish.sup
32_subtitles_Japanese.sup
33_subtitles_Russian.sup

Even if I import the files manually and want to set the names I cant find Greek, Chinese etc. on your list. The above is from a MKV demuxed by MakeMKV from a UHD disc I used as a source and where the names is correct.

GZZ
1st January 2018, 21:09
If I choose Denoise: "KNLMeansCL" and leave the Mono Noise at its default value: 0 it disables "KNLMeansCL" - Well I dont see any lines under Denoise in the avs script. But If I use value 2 and above it shows up in the avs script. What is the point in value 0 if it disabled itself ?

Also is there an explonation of Mono Noise. Its value is from 0..32 in increment of 2. But I have no idea is 2 is enough of I should use 32... A little hint box to explain would be helpful. :)

GZZ
1st January 2018, 21:17
If I use KNLMeansCL the Avs script give me this error: "KNLMeansCL: Only YUV444P10 is supported!"

burt123
2nd January 2018, 11:26
Yee Ha...a new build for the new year v1.22.0....looks like a few little obvious changes, would be nice to know what WAS changed/improved ?!?

v1.22.0
Added: Support for UHD Blurays
Added: Automatic HDR information retention while encoding to HEVC format
Added: Automatic HDR to SDR tonemaping during conversion to AVC format
Added: Option to limit MT usage to specific filters only
Added: Custom Script option
Fixed: Various fixes and improvements

Atak_Snajpera
2nd January 2018, 13:03
If I use KNLMeansCL the Avs script give me this error: "KNLMeansCL: Only YUV444P10 is supported!"

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1827599#post1827599

Also is there an explonation of Mono Noise. Its value is from 0..32 in increment of 2. But I have no idea is 2 is enough of I should use 32... A little hint box to explain would be helpful.
Is that hard to click Preview Script and see what value works best for you???

GZZ
2nd January 2018, 17:39
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1827599#post1827599

Is that hard to click Preview Script and see what value works best for you???

Thanks for pointing it out, it obivous wasnt clear to me or else I would have used it. Thanks. :)

GZZ
3rd January 2018, 13:32
Another Question
When I choose to Copy Stream (TrueHD) then I see it runs an audio script in my Video avs script.

#AudioSource
Import("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job3\job3_a1.avs")

in this script it does a few things with the audio. What is the reason to do so when I choose to Copy stream and not reencode audio ?

Audio script

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("D:\ChromeDownload\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
audio=FFAudioSource("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job3\1_audio_English.dtsma")
audio=ConvertAudioToFloat(audio).ResampleAudio(48000)
#DownMix

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

Atak_Snajpera
3rd January 2018, 13:47
For Preview Script my friend...

GZZ
3rd January 2018, 21:29
Not trying to make your app look bad, just pointing out things that might not be correct.

The muxing of subtitles when doing a batch job is not muxed in the correct order

"D:\ChromeDownload\RipBot264v1.22.0\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "E:\Encoding\Breaking_Bad_Season_2,_Disc_1_t04 EP 205 Breakage.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "Breaking_Bad_Season_2,_Disc_1_t04 EP 205 Breakage" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:eng --sync 0:0 "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\1_audio_English.dtsma" --default-track 0:no --language 0:swe -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\10_subtitles_Swedish.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:eng -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\2_subtitles_English.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:eng -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\3_subtitles_English.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:dan -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\4_subtitles_Danish.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:fin -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\5_subtitles_Finnish.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:ita -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\6_subtitles_Italian.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:nor -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\7_subtitles_Norwegian.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:por -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\8_subtitles_Portuguese.sup" --default-track 0:no --language 0:spa -s 0 -D -A "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\9_subtitles_Spanish.sup" --chapters "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\chapters.txt"

Subtitle 10 is treaded as number 1 (First subtitle). Can you change this to keep the order of the demuxed subtitle.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd January 2018, 21:40
I will take a look...

soneca
4th January 2018, 11:50
Since some versions RipBot264 does not recognize the media generated by Sony Vegas + Debugmode Frameserver.

https://s20.postimg.org/61hxwifot/ripbot.png

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2018, 12:29
Debugmode frameserver does not have working x64 version. Too bad that this plugin is no longer in development :(
Ripbot264 since 1.21.0 is using exclusively 64bit encoding chain.

soneca
4th January 2018, 12:47
What the hell! So I get the version 1.19.5 that works 100% here.

Danette
4th January 2018, 15:31
I'm converting many TV shows that are NTSC 29.97 fps MKV's. Of course, these need to be IVTC'd, which RipBot264 generally handles well. However, about half of them have vfr (variable frame rate) and RipBot264 makes a mess of them (out-of-sync audio and duplicated video at the end to fit the audio). If I demux the MKV's, RipBot264 will correctly process the the video-only files. Is there a solution for this?

squezer
4th January 2018, 15:58
Since ripbot264 v1.21 is impossible to convert DVD into mkv.
AviSynth preview is green, so is encoded video. (like in post 15342 )
Or it cannot load 32bit mpeg2 decoder ( same decoder error as in post 15353 )

v1.20 working fine though.

Could you please fix it?

slalom
4th January 2018, 16:23
Even if I import the files manually and want to set the names I cant find Greek, Chinese etc. on your list. The above is from a MKV demuxed by MakeMKV from a UHD disc I used as a source and where the names is correct.
You will find Greek as Ell (Ellinika, press e to navigate there), and Chinese as Zho

@Atak
Just a remind, I checked again some files with the version 1.22.0, and latest Avisynth+ r2580 (December 27, 2017)

I got these errors again

FFVideoSource: No video track found
FFAudioSource: No audio track found

and this
FFAudioSource: Audio format change detected. This is currently unsupported. Channels: 6 -> 6; Sample rate: 48000 -> 48000; Sample format: Unknown -> Unknown

whiskey
4th January 2018, 17:51
I've updated to v1.22.0 by downloading the whole zip file and for some reason every time after demuxing audio and indexing I end up with "Decoding Error" window

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2018, 19:43
Since ripbot264 v1.21 is impossible to convert DVD into mkv.
AviSynth preview is green, so is encoded video. (like in post 15342 )
Or it cannot load 32bit mpeg2 decoder ( same decoder error as in post 15353 )

v1.20 working fine though.

Could you please fix it?

Everything works on my Windows 7 x64 (source DVD Alien:Covenant )
http://i.cubeupload.com/FoUQUa.png

Let me guess ,You are on that buggy win10?

I've updated to v1.22.0 by downloading the whole zip file and for some reason every time after demuxing audio and indexing I end up with "Decoding Error" window
Sorry but this kind of "bug report" is useless. How am I supposed to know what went wrong if you don't even bother to post whole error message?

@Slalom
You have corrupted files. I don't even want to know where you get those video files from.

If I demux the MKV's, RipBot264 will correctly process the the video-only files. Is there a solution for this?
Can you send me at least one of those problematic files?

squezer
4th January 2018, 20:28
Atak_Snajpera

Yeah, you are right: fresh Windows 10 Pro on 2 PCs...

But I have only that and v1.20 is working OK with it.
Is there any chance to fix that behaviour also for that lovely Windows 10, please?
Because soon or later we all will have only that, unfortunately...

slalom
4th January 2018, 20:33
@Slalom
You have corrupted files. I don't even want to know where you get those video files from.
Could it be a failing hard drive with those files in it??

whiskey
4th January 2018, 20:47
Sorry but this kind of "bug report" is useless. How am I supposed to know what went wrong if you don't even bother to post whole error message?

That is the whole error message, I dont get anything else

https://i.imgur.com/NXfu83E.jpg

GZZ
5th January 2018, 09:58
Request:

- Is it possible to have the Encoding server to take the name of the computer its running on and send it to the Encoding client so I see my 3 machines in the encoding server listed with Computername and IP or the possibility to set a custom name.
- When you hit "Off" on a server, is it possible to ask user if they want to terminate it now and lose the current encoding or have it terminated after the current job has finished.

Atak_Snajpera
5th January 2018, 12:25
Atak_Snajpera

Yeah, you are right: fresh Windows 10 Pro on 2 PCs...

But I have only that and v1.20 is working OK with it.
Is there any chance to fix that behaviour also for that lovely Windows 10, please?
Because soon or later we all will have only that, unfortunately...

That is the whole error message, I dont get anything else

Try this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

burt123
5th January 2018, 12:46
Try this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

I know you used to tell "us" that Visual Studio 2015 is required, but Visual Studio 2017 is available, but from my experience, if you have 2015 installed, and then install 2017, the reference to 2015 in "Programs and Features" disappears, and only 2017 appears....

Your comment ???

Atak_Snajpera
5th January 2018, 13:49
You are right. It turns out that 2017 is a replacement for 2015.

burt123
5th January 2018, 14:24
You are right. It turns out that 2017 is a replacement for 2015.

Ok so if you install 2017 it will do the same "job" as 2015 ??

squezer
6th January 2018, 00:08

Installed VC_redist.x64 and VC_redist.x86.
Still just plain green...

burt123
6th January 2018, 02:10

Just a thought, if you're running a fresh setup, did you (re)install Avisynth from the Ripbot "Tool's" folder ??? (install.cmd)

nekrosoft13
6th January 2018, 05:16
this new intel security patches/bioses bullshit slowed down my 4k x265 10bit encoding from 18fps to 14fps...

nekrosoft13
6th January 2018, 05:19
Bitrate will be even lower if you keep original 720x480.

true, but that is not the issue at hand, I don't want it to assume and decide for me, if i select 1,33:1 (4:3) I want it to stay at that aspect ratio.

trying to find a work around.

Wildfire
6th January 2018, 11:21
this new intel security patches/bioses bullshit slowed down my 4k x265 10bit encoding from 18fps to 14fps...

That's probably a coincidence, as x264/x265 is not heavily I/O dependent and as such the performance impact should be minimal.

I've seen benchmarks with and without the patch and the performance impact fell within the margin of error for the benchmarks...

silverback
6th January 2018, 15:06

Did you find a solution to this, I am having the same problem clean install Windows 8.1.

Atak_Snajpera
6th January 2018, 15:53
Check if AviSynth is correctly installed.

Open notepad and add these two lines and then save it as test.avs.
colorbars
info

Next open test.avs in MPC-HC (x64!). You should see this image

http://i.cubeupload.com/ZPHlTL.png

nekrosoft13
6th January 2018, 17:35
That's probably a coincidence, as x264/x265 is not heavily I/O dependent and as such the performance impact should be minimal.

I've seen benchmarks with and without the patch and the performance impact fell within the margin of error for the benchmarks...

before the patch it would take hour and 5-10 to finish encode, now its about hour 20-30 minutes.

And the only thing that change was the 2018-1 culmative patch.

Atak_Snajpera
6th January 2018, 17:51
Check fps in my benchmark x265 FHD Benchmark (before and after patch)

whiskey
6th January 2018, 20:05

Looks like that was the issue, working fine now !

squezer
7th January 2018, 12:59
Did you find a solution to this, I am having the same problem clean install Windows 8.1.

No, buddy, did not, i dont have a clue.

It is however the problem above version v1.20,
so i used the v1.20 to do a job for now,
for anything else than mpeg2 (dvd) v1.22 works OK for me.
so AtackSnipera is the only one to know, what is the problem...

EDIT:
i narrowed it down to DGDecode.dll x64 problem.
Is there anybody to check, if DVD mpeg2 is working in Win10 x64 with v1.22+, please?

silverback
7th January 2018, 18:12
Check if AviSynth is correctly installed.

Open notepad and add these two lines and then save it as test.avs.
colorbars
info

Next open test.avs in MPC-HC (x64!). You should see this image

http://i.cubeupload.com/ZPHlTL.png

I am not sure this was meant for me with the green screen problem on combined VOB's. But the .avs file worked as shown in your example.

Arbie
7th January 2018, 20:22
"Java not recognized" problem.

I'm running as a standard user on Windows 10 x64. It's my machine and I also control the Admin account but run like this for security. Other than that my setup should be standard. And I have the same problem when I login as Admin, so I don't think that's the problem.
AMD Ryzen CPU.

I've downloaded and installed the latest RipBot264 v1.22.0.7. It finds my AVISynth and Haali installations, but not Java. I understand that RipBot264 needs the 32-bit version, and when I run command line "java -version" it says mine is 64-bit. BUT both C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151 and C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_151 folders are present. So I think 32-bit Java is available.

The registry has the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft but that doesn't specify bitness, except for Chrome in which case it points to the (x86) Java folder (thereby accessing the 32-bit Java, I suppose).

SO - how is RipBot264 deciding that it can't access Java 32-bit?
Can I make this work by some environment variable change or other trick?

Thank you.

iSeries
8th January 2018, 18:52
Hi, any way to convert HDR to SDR but with X265 (keeping 4k resolution)? I have a 4k non-HDR TV and will play back 4k HEVC SDR in MKV no problem.

Ryushin
9th January 2018, 16:23
Hi, any way to convert HDR to SDR but with X265 (keeping 4k resolution)? I have a 4k non-HDR TV and will play back 4k HEVC SDR in MKV no problem.

Atak added tone mapping to convert HDR to SDR in the last version. Though I think it only did this when encoding to AVC. For me, VLC 3.0 is able to do tone mapping playback for 4K HDR to display on two 4K monitors I have. I think Kodi is also adding support for HDR to SDR. So you might just need to use a different playback software.

Thing is, I was excited about the prospect of down converting 4K to to 1080p as I felt the increased quality with more pixels would be wonderful. However, finding out there is no perfect way for the color to be remapped from BT2020 to Rec.709, I will still be ripping the 1080p disks to make the HD copy and the 4K UHD to make the 4K copy. The day will probably come when you will no longer get a Blu-ray disc with the UHD disc, and on that day, I will be very grateful that Atak added the tone mapping conversion.

byteshare
9th January 2018, 17:01
Added: Automatic HDR information retention while encoding to HEVC format
Added: Automatic HDR to SDR tonemaping during conversion to AVC format
Any plans for an option like the AVC for HEVC? HDR to SDR and HEVC.
Might not really matter in a while though if VLC 3.0 is able to do tone mapping playback and if Kodi is also adding support for HDR to SDR.

iSeries
10th January 2018, 00:08
Atak added tone mapping to convert HDR to SDR in the last version. Though I think it only did this when encoding to AVC.

Yep only for avc, which is why i was asking for hevc. Like i said, this is for a 4k sdr tv that is able to playback sdr 4k hevc mkv files straight from usb.

GZZ
11th January 2018, 17:14
I had a chunck that made FFMpeg crash and when I closed the FFmpeg crash dialog it finished encoding like it completed succesful. But when I open the log file I can see a mismatch between expected frames and encoded frames. Does Ripbots check and validate the log file for expected frames and encoded frames or else it could end up with skipping video because small parts is missing?

Log file:

Encoding started...
""\\HENRIK-RYZEN7\Ripbot264temp\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "\\HENRIK-RYZEN7\RipBot264temp\job20\Chunks\41.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "\\HENRIK-RYZEN7\Ripbot264temp\tools\x265\x265_x64.exe" --seek 24 --colorprim bt2020 --transfer smpte2084 --colormatrix bt2020nc --master-display "G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,0)" --max-cll "1127,612" --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 4329 --sar 1:1 --profile main10 --output-depth 10 --y4m --output "\\HENRIK-RYZEN7\RipBot264temp\job20\Chunks\41.265" -"
y4m [info]: 3840x1600 fps 24000/1001 i420p10 sar 1:1 unknown frame count
raw [info]: output file: \\HENRIK-RYZEN7\RipBot264temp\job20\Chunks\41.265
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 2.6+2-32e6f04b8713
x265 [info]: build info [Windows][GCC 7.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast LZCNT SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX FMA3 BMI2 AVX2
x265 [warning]: Turning on repeat-headers for HDR compatibility
x265 [info]: Main 10 profile, Level-5 (Main tier)
x265 [info]: Thread pool created using 16 threads
x265 [info]: Slices : 1
x265 [info]: frame threads / pool features : 4 / wpp(25 rows)
x265 [info]: Coding QT: max CU size, min CU size : 64 / 8
x265 [info]: Residual QT: max TU size, max depth : 32 / 1 inter / 1 intra
x265 [info]: ME / range / subpel / merge : hex / 57 / 2 / 2
x265 [info]: Keyframe min / max / scenecut / bias: 24 / 240 / 40 / 5.00
x265 [info]: Lookahead / bframes / badapt : 20 / 4 / 2
x265 [info]: b-pyramid / weightp / weightb : 1 / 1 / 0
x265 [info]: References / ref-limit cu / depth : 3 / on / on
x265 [info]: AQ: mode / str / qg-size / cu-tree : 1 / 1.0 / 32 / 1
x265 [info]: Rate Control / qCompress : CRF-18.0 / 0.60
x265 [info]: tools: rd=3 psy-rd=2.00 rskip signhide tmvp strong-intra-smoothing
x265 [info]: tools: lslices=8 deblock sao

x265 [info]: frame I: 34, Avg QP:13.63 kb/s: 29778.11
x265 [info]: frame P: 894, Avg QP:14.15 kb/s: 11565.13
x265 [info]: frame B: 3254, Avg QP:18.87 kb/s: 2210.42
x265 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:2.6% UV:1.8%
x265 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 4.6% 0.5% 2.7% 23.8% 68.3%

encoded 4182 frames, 0.14 fps, 4434 kbps

Expected (from the --frames parameter) says: 4329 and encoded is 4182 frames. Missing 147 frames.

byteshare
12th January 2018, 03:00
I had a chunck that made FFMpeg crash and when I closed the FFmpeg crash dialog it finished encoding like it completed successful.
I get this from time to time, what you need to do is stop (turn "off") the Encoding Server in the Encoding Client, close error, then start the Encoding server in the Encoding Client again, and it should encode fine. Worst case I've had to do this several times.

That said, since the switch away from avs2yuv.exe I am seeing less errors, but one of my machines struggles to get 100% CPU now, not sure why...I'll keep looking into it.

GZZ
12th January 2018, 07:12
I just finished the last peace manually. I was thinking if the encoding client could do it by itself by checking the log at the end of encoding a chunck. I did a local script to just check all the chucks log after encoding to make sure I didnt miss anything.

I only have 100% usage issue when using MDegrain2, then it wont go much over 50% on my Ryzen7 (8 core, 16 thread) CPU, so using two encoding servers on my Ryzen helps.

Atak_Snajpera
12th January 2018, 15:25
I just finished the last peace manually. I was thinking if the encoding client could do it by itself by checking the log at the end of encoding a chunck. I did a local script to just check all the chucks log after encoding to make sure I didnt miss anything.
What should be a default behaviour in this case?
a) repeat encoding of crashing chunk endlessly
b) disconnect server

byteshare
12th January 2018, 16:37
I only have 100% usage issue when using MDegrain2, then it wont go much over 50% on my Ryzen7 (8 core, 16 thread) CPU, so using two encoding servers on my Ryzen helps.
I unchecked in the settings the "Limit to following filters only" but on 1 pc I still don't get 100% usage with 2 servers, and on another PC I get 100% with only 1 server on encoding the same thing. I found the difference is using SMDegrain rather than SMDegrain3 (I don't usually use 2).

b) disconnect server
Should be turns off server, kills the ffmpeg connected to it (closes error), starts server again...should do this at least 10 times, but usually 1 more attempt is enough.

GZZ
12th January 2018, 23:12
b) disconnect server

it did work on first retry, so it might just have been FFMpeg crashing for other reasons then a bad input. But maybe have a Max retry in your settings and then it will fail to encode the piece. I think 2-3 retry should be default.

And then disconnect the server and let another server try to encode the piece and if it still fail, then error out on the entire movie.

Dhry
14th January 2018, 18:35
Absolutely outstanding software! Really loving the distributed encoding feature. I know others have asked for this before, but just throwing in my vote as well - PLEASE include drag and drop into the main and batch windows!

Cheers
Dhry

Atak_Snajpera
16th January 2018, 17:18
v1.22.1
Added: Option "Force HDR to SDR conversion while encoding to HEVC format"
Added: Option to specify custom name for server
Added: Server automatically kills crashed ffmpeg.exe and discards current encoding progress.
Changed: Java detection method
Fixed: Incorrect language codes for Czech,Chinese,Greek and Slovak
Fixed: audio process blocking video process during audio normalization

iSeries
16th January 2018, 17:34
v1.22.1
Added: Option "Force HDR to SDR conversion while encoding to HEVC format"

Thank you!! :-)

GZZ
17th January 2018, 12:53
Is it me or are Batch process broken because of mkvmerge ?

I get this in MkvInfo.txt file in my Job folder. Using version 1.22.1

mkvmerge v20.0.0 ('I Am The Sun') 32-bit
Error: no destination file name was given.

I get no subtitles or audio demuxing.

Edit: Replaced the MkvToolNix with the one from version 1.22.0 and then its working again. Might be changed command line in version 20.0.0

whiskey
17th January 2018, 19:58
Is it me or are Batch process broken because of mkvmerge ?

I get this in MkvInfo.txt file in my Job folder. Using version 1.22.1

I get no subtitles or audio demuxing.

Edit: Replaced the MkvToolNix with the one from version 1.22.0 and then its working again. Might be changed command line in version 20.0.0

Same here, updated to v1.22.1 no audio

burt123
18th January 2018, 03:00
Same here, updated to v1.22.1 no audio

There's another auto update with MkvToolNix (v19.0.0)

Arbie
18th January 2018, 04:08
"Java not recognized" problem still occurs, with v1.22.0.

All details same as my 7 Jan post above.

Thx
Arbie

burt123
18th January 2018, 07:44
"Java not recognized" problem still occurs, with v1.22.0.

All details same as my 7 Jan post above.

Thx
Arbie

Have you tried the latest update ??

jlpsvk
18th January 2018, 13:11
it would be great to have possibility to ENABLE or DISABLE "Force HDR to SDR when coverting to HEVC" per job, not globally.

Atak_Snajpera
18th January 2018, 13:55
it would be great to have possibility to ENABLE or DISABLE "Force HDR to SDR when coverting to HEVC" per job, not globally.

why???

gabbett1
18th January 2018, 15:21
Hello Atak,

I recently installed the updated version of Ripbot264. Ever since, when I'm trying to encode, I get an error popup that says:

ffmpeg.exe has stopped working

Thoughts on how to correct this? Everything I look up online says it's an issue with firefox, but it only happens when I'm encoding.

Thanks

byteshare
18th January 2018, 16:10
v1.22.1
Added: Server automatically kills crashed ffmpeg.exe and discards current encoding progress.
Awesome, will give this a try, thank you!

byteshare
18th January 2018, 16:11
Hello Atak,

I recently installed the updated version of Ripbot264. Ever since, when I'm trying to encode, I get an error popup that says:

ffmpeg.exe has stopped working

Thoughts on how to correct this? Everything I look up online says it's an issue with firefox, but it only happens when I'm encoding.

Thanks

Would you please confirm what version you're on?
At wait point exactly are you getting the FFMPEG error?

For me in DE mode, turning the server off, closing the error and starting it again usually works, but on the most recent version there is a method that should be doing this automatically.

gabbett1
18th January 2018, 16:24
Would you please confirm what version you're on?
At wait point exactly are you getting the FFMPEG error?

For me in DE mode, turning the server off, closing the error and starting it again usually works, but on the most recent version there is a method that should be doing this automatically.

I'm using version 1.22.0.7. It's random when it happens. Happens on the computers I'm using the encoding server on as well.

jlpsvk
18th January 2018, 17:48

why???

Because it would be time-saver. Because I can then have in one queue both... 4K HDR -> 4K HDR HEVC and 4K HDR -> 4K SDR HEVC jobs... now i must first do one, change setting, do other... quite disturbing.

GZZ
18th January 2018, 19:32
I still have Undetermined subtitles when it should have a language name.

Example

25_subtitles_Undetermined.sup

If I look up in the Mediainfo.txt file I can see it should be Romanian.

slalom
18th January 2018, 20:27
So change it to Romanian

byteshare
18th January 2018, 21:14
I'm using version 1.22.0.7. It's random when it happens. Happens on the computers I'm using the encoding server on as well.
Try updating to 1.22.1 since it has support for handing FFMPEG errors that previous versions did not.
Assuming you mean an FFMPEG error on the PC with the Encoding Client on it (manage the encoding servers)?
You said it happens on the encoding server to, do you mean just in the encoding log or an actual FFMPEG error popping up?

Arbie
19th January 2018, 00:58
I keep trying to find 1.22.1 or whatever is the latest. The link on the first page has 1.22.0 but the exe is dated 1 Jan.

Where to look for these newer ones I see mentioned?

burt123
19th January 2018, 05:15
I keep trying to find 1.22.1 or whatever is the latest. The link on the first page has 1.22.0 but the exe is dated 1 Jan.

Where to look for these newer ones I see mentioned?

Have you got auto update enable in Ripbot settings ???

I should get it automatically, if enabled, and you're connected to the "net" !!!

GZZ
19th January 2018, 17:50
So change it to Romanian

Is this a forum to correct errors in the progam or a forum kick other people because they report at possible mistake in a program ?

gabbett1
19th January 2018, 21:34

I should get it automatically, if enabled, and you're connected to the "net" !!!

Mine "tries" to auto update but the version it says I have afterwards is 1.22.0

slalom
19th January 2018, 21:45
Is this a forum to correct errors in the progam or a forum kick other people because they report at possible mistake in a program ?
I'm not sure its the program. If it's the program, Atak should fix the Greek subtitles too

dracore
19th January 2018, 22:19
well, ive just grabed the latest release and now ripbot will not even load for me before the update all was fine and dandy :o

GZZ
19th January 2018, 23:36
Is it possible to control the among of thread on each server using DE ?

I use 3 machines to encode some UHD disc. Ryzen 7 (8 core, 16 threads) and an old Intel Core I7-4770k (4 core, 8 threads) and a Core I7-6700HQ (4 core, 8 threads). The problem is that MDegrain dosnt like hyperthreading. I tried to encode a chunck manually using 8 or 16 threads on my Ryzen 7. 8 threads (video=Prefetch(video,8)) gave me 3fps, but with 16 threads video=Prefetch(video,16) it gave me half fps.

I can limit the number of threads to 8 when using MDegrain filter. But I would like to limit it to 4 threads on my Core I7-4770k and my I7-6700HQ. The temperary aproach is to set limit at 4 threads and then use 2 servers on my Ryzen. But it would be nice if I could specfify it on a server level, then I could mix more servers with differnt cores and still get the best out of them.

Update: Not sure its MDegrain. I think its MT part that dosnt run better when using the hyperthreads, looks like it runs faster with just using the among of threads that matches the core. Maybe too much waiting time between threads when using 16 threads.

Update2: Maybe just an option to only use real cores and not hyperthreading for the MT part of AVS script. It did run better and faster on all my machines with just limiting the number og threads to the actual number of cores on the cpu.

Arbie
20th January 2018, 00:59

That doesn't work in the case of "Java not found", because the program won't go past that point. The GUI never opens.

So -- is there a location to pick up the latest version?

GZZ
20th January 2018, 07:58
That doesn't work in the case of "Java not found", because the program won't go past that point. The GUI never opens.

So -- is there a location to pick up the latest version?

I got java 8 Update 151 installed, I think its the 32bit version, even though I run 64bit windows. I downloaded it from java.com and works out of the box with ripbots.

Atak_Snajpera
20th January 2018, 15:33
Is it possible to control the among of thread on each server using DE ?

I use 3 machines to encode some UHD disc. Ryzen 7 (8 core, 16 threads) and an old Intel Core I7-4770k (4 core, 8 threads) and a Core I7-6700HQ (4 core, 8 threads). The problem is that MDegrain dosnt like hyperthreading. I tried to encode a chunck manually using 8 or 16 threads on my Ryzen 7. 8 threads (video=Prefetch(video,8)) gave me 3fps, but with 16 threads video=Prefetch(video,16) it gave me half fps.

I can limit the number of threads to 8 when using MDegrain filter. But I would like to limit it to 4 threads on my Core I7-4770k and my I7-6700HQ. The temperary aproach is to set limit at 4 threads and then use 2 servers on my Ryzen. But it would be nice if I could specfify it on a server level, then I could mix more servers with differnt cores and still get the best out of them.

Update: Not sure its MDegrain. I think its MT part that dosnt run better when using the hyperthreads, looks like it runs faster with just using the among of threads that matches the core. Maybe too much waiting time between threads when using 16 threads.

Update2: Maybe just an option to only use real cores and not hyperthreading for the MT part of AVS script. It did run better and faster on all my machines with just limiting the number og threads to the actual number of cores on the cpu.

CPU: Xeon E5-2690@2.9GHz (8C/16T)

MDegrain2 + Prefetch(16)
http://i.cubeupload.com/q0l7iU.png

MDegrain2 + Prefetch(8)
http://i.cubeupload.com/ZcK7ue.png

Arbie
20th January 2018, 19:12
Still working on "Java not installed" error on my Windows 10 64-bit system (running as Standard User)...

• My RipBot264 version is v1.22.0.7

• I can't find where to download the latest version, which is listed as having a fix for this.

• "Update" won't fetch the latest version because the program never gets to the point where I can enable that.

• I think Java 32-bit is installed on my PC, based on the following evidence from the registry, folders found, and command prompt output (except for one folder not found):

=====================
REGISTRY

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
has
CurrentVersion = 1.8

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
has
CurrentVersion = 1.8

=====================
FOLDERS found with Java components:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152

BUT THIS FOLDER NOT FOUND:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\java.exe

=====================
COMMAND PROMPT:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.192]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\[my user name]>java -XshowSettings:all

VM settings:
Max. Heap Size (Estimated): 247.50M
Ergonomics Machine Class: client
Using VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

Property settings:
awt.toolkit = sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
file.encoding = Cp1252
file.encoding.pkg = sun.io
file.separator = \
java.awt.graphicsenv = sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
java.awt.printerjob = sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
java.class.path = .
java.class.version = 52.0
java.endorsed.dirs = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\endorsed
java.ext.dirs = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\ext
C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\lib\ext
java.home = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152
java.io.tmpdir = C:\Users\[MyUserName]\AppData\Local\Temp\
java.library.path = C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath
C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

C:\Program Files\Process Lasso\
C:\Users\[MyUserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

java.runtime.name = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
java.runtime.version = 1.8.0_152-b16
java.specification.name = Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor = Oracle Corporation
java.specification.version = 1.8
java.vendor = Oracle Corporation
java.vendor.url = http://java.oracle.com/
java.vendor.url.bug = http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
java.version = 1.8.0_152
java.vm.info = mixed mode, sharing
java.vm.name = Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
java.vm.specification.name = Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor = Oracle Corporation
java.vm.specification.version = 1.8
java.vm.vendor = Oracle Corporation
java.vm.version = 25.152-b16
line.separator = \r \n
os.arch = x86
os.name = Windows 10
os.version = 10.0
path.separator = ;
sun.arch.data.model = 32
sun.boot.class.path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\resources.jar
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\rt.jar
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\sunrsasign.jar
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\jsse.jar
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\jce.jar
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\charsets.jar
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\lib\jfr.jar
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\classes
sun.boot.library.path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\bin
sun.cpu.endian = little
sun.cpu.isalist =
sun.desktop = windows
sun.io.unicode.encoding = UnicodeLittle
sun.java.launcher = SUN_STANDARD
sun.jnu.encoding = Cp1252
sun.management.compiler = HotSpot Client Compiler
sun.os.patch.level =
sun.stderr.encoding = cp437
sun.stdout.encoding = cp437
user.country = US
user.dir = C:\Users\[MyUserName]
user.home = C:\Users\[MyUserName]
user.language = en
user.name = [MyUserName]
user.script =
user.timezone =
user.variant =

Locale settings: OMITTED FOR BREVITY

Atak_Snajpera
20th January 2018, 19:31
1) Run ripbot
2) Go see something on tv
3) Restart ripbot

GZZ
21st January 2018, 16:45
@Atak_Snajpera
The trend is the same. Did a avsmeter test with Degrain2 on a UHD source.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 (1700x) (8C/16T) @ 3.8Ghz

MDegrain2 + Prefetch(16)
http://i.cubeupload.com/krhtWz.png

MDegrain2 + PRefetch(12)
http://i.cubeupload.com/f15alB.png

MDegrain2 + Prefetch(8)
http://i.cubeupload.com/2ADS0a.png

MDegrain2 + Prefetch(4)
http://i.cubeupload.com/PxXf2a.png

Look at the FPS Avg and avg CPU.

I think it scales different on a AMD CPU then on Intel.

Running with 8 threads gives me 100% CPU when doing a real encoding.

Atak_Snajpera
21st January 2018, 17:28
Interesting... I see the same performance drop on UHD as well

MDegrain2 + Prefetch(16)
http://i.cubeupload.com/GH6Bkr.png

MDegrain2 + Prefetch(8)
http://i.cubeupload.com/hKlJEc.png

However when you downscale from UHD to FHD...
Spline36Resize(1920,800) + MDegrain2 + Prefetch(8)
http://i.cubeupload.com/2UtGd0.png

Spline36Resize(1920,800) + MDegrain2 + Prefetch(16)
http://i.cubeupload.com/iK4U8q.png

Arbie
21st January 2018, 20:14
1) Run ripbot
2) Go see something on tv
3) Restart ripbot

I suppose your post was in reply to my problem with "Java not installed".

So I started ripbot and let it sit overnight, with my firewall disabled. The picture attached shows the screen I get. It never changed.

GZZ
21st January 2018, 22:55
@Atak_Snajpera

Do you have an idea on what the issue is or if its related to the MDegrain plugin or Avisynth MT just scales badly with that plugin ?

Arbie
22nd January 2018, 02:06
I suppose your post was in reply to my problem with "Java not installed".

So I started ripbot and let it sit overnight, with my firewall disabled. The picture attached shows the screen I get. It never changed.

What finally worked was running "update.exe" in the ripbot folder, then running ripbot again. That updated, and the new version finds Java with no trouble.

burt123
22nd January 2018, 11:32
What finally worked was running "update.exe" in the ripbot folder, then running ripbot again. That updated, and the new version finds Java with no trouble.

Hey Arbie...yep, that's how it works.

But if you open the Setting's tab (within Ripbot), and on the 1st main page. on the right hand side, the very top option is to use Auto Update...make sure that's checked/ticked, and you should then get ALL the updates that Atak posts.

One way to check if you have downloaded any updates after opening Ripbot, is check in the Updates folder.

If there's some files in there, the next time you start Ripbot, they will be installed (you see it doing this)

Cheers

Atak_Snajpera
22nd January 2018, 13:11
@Atak_Snajpera

Do you have an idea on what the issue is or if its related to the MDegrain plugin or Avisynth MT just scales badly with that plugin ?

I would not say that it scales badly. It scales quite well. Limiting prefetch value to physical cores should give more predictable performance in all resolutions.

Balthazar2k4
22nd January 2018, 16:32
I am doing forced HDR to SDR and converting from 4k HEVC to 1080p AVC. No other filters are being used. I am on a Threadripper 1950x and am seeing ~10% utilization so my encode times for a 2 hour movie exceed 5 hours (roughly 9.75fps). What is the bottleneck here?

Atak_Snajpera
22nd January 2018, 16:43
Probably tone mapping algorithm in ffmpeg. Resizing is also single threaded. Use DE mode with extra servers.

Balthazar2k4
22nd January 2018, 17:01
Probably tone mapping algorithm in ffmpeg. Resizing is also single threaded. Use DE mode with extra servers.

Ouch. Thanks Atak. Guess I need to determine if this is really worth the effort...

Atak_Snajpera
22nd January 2018, 18:22
Ouch. Thanks Atak. Guess I need to determine if this is really worth the effort...

This should reduce bottleneck caused by slow single threaded resizer

http://i.cubeupload.com/Rz0a36.png

GZZ
22nd January 2018, 18:24
I would not say that it scales badly. It scales quite well. Limiting prefetch value to physical cores should give more predictable performance in all resolutions.

Indeed. Problem is when Im doing a DE encoding and the core count is different across my servers. If I could set the core count on server level or have a global flag to auto detect core count on DE servers. Then it would be perfect. :)

Atak_Snajpera
22nd January 2018, 18:31
Indeed. Problem is when Im doing a DE encoding and the core count is different across my servers. If I could set the core count on server level or have a global flag to auto detect core count on DE servers. Then it would be perfect. :)

I've already changed that in my testing build.
Encoding server will reduce prefetch value according to detected number of physical cores instead of logical cores.
If you have auto-update enabled then you should get an update shortly...

Ps. make sure that all your PCs will be using updated encodingserver.exe

Balthazar2k4
22nd January 2018, 21:57
This should reduce bottleneck caused by slow single threaded resizer

Thanks Atak. I will try the suggestion shortly and report back.

UPDATE: Looks to be a ~40% improvement in speed. Went from around 9.75fps to 12.80fps. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but 3:50 beats 5+ hours any day of the week.

UPDATE: Turns out that last update was me accidentally doing an encode to HEVC. When re-tasked with AVC for the encode, the improvement looks like 9.75fps to 13.45fps. Surprisingly the HEVC and AVC encode speed are very similar when enabling the tone mapping process. Without tone mapping the difference in speed is quite appreciable.

Balthazar2k4
22nd January 2018, 22:06
Is it possible to encode from a mapped drive in Windows? I store all of my movies on my NAS and I am currently copying the file to my local machine to encode it, but it would be so much more convenient to work the source file straight from my NAS. I know someone brought this up before, but I never saw a resolution.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd January 2018, 12:56
Thanks Atak. I will try the suggestion shortly and report back.

UPDATE: Looks to be a ~40% improvement in speed. Went from around 9.75fps to 12.80fps. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but 3:50 beats 5+ hours any day of the week.

UPDATE: Turns out that last update was me accidentally doing an encode to HEVC. When re-tasked with AVC for the encode, the improvement looks like 9.75fps to 13.45fps. Surprisingly the HEVC and AVC encode speed are very similar when enabling the tone mapping process. Without tone mapping the difference in speed is quite appreciable.

Is there any reason why you do not use Distributed Encoding mode in order to get constant 100% usage?
Why 6 servers? Because I need 3 on my 8C/16T CPU to get ~90% usage with active tone mapping.
http://i.cubeupload.com/EG1WDO.png

Atak_Snajpera
23rd January 2018, 12:59
Is it possible to encode from a mapped drive in Windows? I store all of my movies on my NAS and I am currently copying the file to my local machine to encode it, but it would be so much more convenient to work the source file straight from my NAS. I know someone brought this up before, but I never saw a resolution.

This won't work?
https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/Tutorial/store_with_windows

byteshare
23rd January 2018, 16:19
I had an issue with mine, what I had to do was completely uninstall Java and manually remove all Java install folders from my computer and then install Java.

squezer
23rd January 2018, 19:14
Atack,

so any idea how to fix that green preview frame with DVD decoding?
It is mpeg2 codec to blame.
I fastracompressed source mpeg2 mov to Lagarith Lossless avi in VirtualDub FilterMod,
then it was ok in Ripbot264.

Win 10 pro x64, ripbot264 updated.

Thanks in advance.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd January 2018, 19:23
Send me sample. 50MB is ok and I will check on my machine with windows 7.

squezer
23rd January 2018, 19:56
Send me sample. 50MB is ok and I will check on my machine with windows 7.

ok,
link in pm

Atak_Snajpera
23rd January 2018, 20:14
... and it works fine here .... (preview works and encoded file)
http://i.cubeupload.com/gShMuO.png

Have you tried reinstalling graphic drivers? Every major win10 update tends to brake previously installed drivers.
What is your CPU?

Balthazar2k4
23rd January 2018, 21:17
Is there any reason why you do not use Distributed Encoding mode in order to get constant 100% usage?
Why 6 servers? Because I need 3 on my 8C/16T CPU to get ~90% usage with active tone mapping.

I guess because I am an idiot and didn't even realize I could do DE on a single machine. I will try it later. :thanks:

UPDATE: Whoa! Now that is a difference. I went from 9.75fps to 53.65fps using a six server local DE. Now if I could just solve my mapped drive issue I would be in business.

Balthazar2k4
23rd January 2018, 21:17
This won't work?
https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/Tutorial/store_with_windows

That is how my drive is mapped in Windows, but RipBot does not see the drive.

squezer
23rd January 2018, 21:23

Have you tried reinstalling graphic drivers? Every major win10 update tends to brake previously installed drivers.
What is your CPU?

I believe you it works on win7,
but I tried it on Win 10 pro x64 twice:
1. on my notebook, some i5 mobile CPU, 8G RAM, with integrated GPU only, win10 continuously upgraded
2. on my PC, freshly installed latest win10, i7-4790k, 32G RAM, Nvidia1060 GPU - updated drivers at least 3 times since I have noticed a problem.
Both cases lead to the same result.

Win10 + ripbot 1.21 = just doesnt work with mpeg2 - DVD VOB, mov etc. content

However, Win10 + ripbot 1.20 works with that content without any problem.

Speedfreek
24th January 2018, 02:54
Is there a way to switch between tone mapping types? I can do it in FFMPEG, but I just can't get the same speed out of it.

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 13:43

What is your problem? Mapped network location is visible in ripbot264 on my windows 7.
http://i.cubeupload.com/GDIABq.png
http://i.cubeupload.com/FUGXe2.png
http://i.cubeupload.com/qASBjB.png

soneca
24th January 2018, 13:48
Error loading a dvd with AC3 audio with the latest version.

https://s20.postimg.org/78ocggyi5/ripbot.png

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 13:54
show me content of getinfo.avs and job8_a1.avs

soneca
24th January 2018, 14:42
LoadPlugin("C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.21.0\Tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
video=MPEG2Source("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\job8.d2v")
LoadPlugin("C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.21.0\tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
audio=FFAudioSource("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\job8 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","Height")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job8\info.txt","PixelType")
Trim(0,-1)

#AudioSource

#DownMix

#Delay

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 15:51
What is your problem? Mapped network location is visible in ripbot264 on my windows 7.

I can see the drive fine in Windows 10 and use it in Handbrake without issue. RipBot does not see it for whatever reason.

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 15:58
Do not use attachments because they will never be approved. IT IS A TRAP!

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 16:06
Do not use attachments because they will never be approved. IT IS A TRAP!

LOL. So what is the preferred method for posting pics?

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 16:07
LOL. So what is the preferred method for posting pics?

via external links...
https://cubeupload.com/

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 16:11
Windows 10:
http://i.cubeupload.com/giujEr.jpg

RipBot264:
http://i.cubeupload.com/tSCiyh.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 16:12
What do you see if you click on network button?

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 16:15
What do you see if you click on network button?

I don't see my NAS, just other computers on my network.

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 16:18
Maybe this will work. In file name enter Z: and hit enter
http://i.cubeupload.com/DKNYQo.png

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 16:20
Just get a "Drive does not exist" error. Hmmm, maybe I need to check over at Synology. I just can't figure out why RipBot is having this issue and other programs don't. Very strange.

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 16:22
Just get a "Drive does not exist" error. Hmmm, maybe I need to check over at Synology. I just can't figure out why RipBot is having this issue and other programs don't. Very strange.

Does the same problem appear if you map shared folder on some PC?

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 16:24
Does the same problem appear if you map shared folder on some PC?

Do you mean sharing the mapped drive from my PC to another PC?

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 16:26
1) share some folder. for example C:\temp\ripbot264temp
2) map that location to drive letter like you did before
3) check if you see mapped location in ripbot

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 16:33
1) share some folder. for example C:\temp\ripbot264temp
2) map that location to drive letter like you did before
3) check if you see mapped location in ripbot

Nope. Don't see the mapped folder either.

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 17:17
Seems I have solved the problem. I had to manually map the drive using the the 'net use' command. Weird...

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2018, 17:34
M$ has implemented some weird behaviour in win10. If application is run as administrator then mapped location is hidden. If you run the same .exe as regular user then mapped network location shows up!

Application run as administrator
http://i.cubeupload.com/Jjp6NQ.png

Application run normally
http://i.cubeupload.com/ON2vf7.png

Balthazar2k4
24th January 2018, 17:38
M$ has implemented some weird behaviour in win10. If application is run as administrator then mapped location is hidden. If you run the same .exe as regular user then mapped network location shows up!

Maybe it's just me, but that seems like reverse of the expected behavior. At least now I know how to do it. Thanks for your help as always Atak.

jlpsvk
24th January 2018, 18:29
@Atak_Snajpera
Are you planning include the per-job choice of "Force HDR to SDR" option, as i was writting?

Ryushin
24th January 2018, 19:53

This was happening with three of my Windows 2012 R2 Server installations. This fixed it:

https://www.easeus.com/storage-media-recovery/mapped-network-drive-not-showing.html

Reboot after changing the key. I suspect that some programs are affected by this based on what tools/libraries they where compiled with.

I also have a machine that boots so fast, that I need to open up windows explorer and click on my drives before Ripbot264 will see them.

GZZ
24th January 2018, 21:40

If you are a user and not THE administrator, then when you run a job as administrator, then you only see the mapped network drives, that was mapped with the user Administrator. So let say you have created a user that is not the admin, but have admin rights. Then when you Run As Administrator it sees the network drived mapped when the administrator was logged in and not the current user. I dont know if this was the intention by M$ as its pretty wierd.

Solution: log in as the administrator and map the drive and then log in as your user and use the run as administrator, then you should see the network drive. At better solution is just BE the administrator if you are the only user on the computer then you dont have to use the Run As option.

burt123
25th January 2018, 02:03
Well, the updates are coming thick & fast...there's been 3 this week (so far)

I wonder whats getting changed ????

Atak_Snajpera
25th January 2018, 11:59
Well, the updates are coming thick & fast...there's been 3 this week (so far)

I wonder whats getting changed ????

Bug fixes... nothing spectacular for end user...
Single threaded resizer (Spline36Resize) replaced with multithreaded Spline36ResizeMT.

My tests
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1831560#post1831560

GZZ
25th January 2018, 23:03
Bug fixes... nothing spectacular for end user...
Single threaded resizer (Spline36Resize) replaced with multithreaded Spline36ResizeMT.

My tests
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1831560#post1831560

What do you think of DeSpline36ResizeMT for downsampling a UHD disc (that was just an upscaled version (many UHD are not native 4k)) and scale it back to 1920x1080 event though 2K is at bit higher then full hd. its suppose to be better then just Spline36ResizeMT for this kind of job, not sure if its visible.

jlpsvk
27th January 2018, 20:11
Gathering information from 53G 4K file takes ages.. :(

Ryushin
28th January 2018, 15:15
So I've been working Atak to find some kind of solution to hardcode/render subtitles for 10bit video. Unfortunately I have not found anything yet that will work. Someone posted that it works with Staxrip so I was going to go through and find out how they are doing it.

The recommendation by some were to render the subtitles using vsfilter's MaskSub property. From what I understand sot far, I would have to create the full movie length render sub over alpha and then do another encode and lay it over the film that I'm encoding.

My avisynth knowledge is very poor and I've only been digging into this stuff lately. From what I gather, avisynth+ has better support for 10bit but it is not a drop in replacement and it would probably take Atak a lot of work to implement (maybe for version 1.3?)

I'm wondering if anyone else has ideas on how to render subtitles for 10bit video that I have not discovered yet.

Ryushin
28th January 2018, 20:52
Someone posted that it works with Staxrip so I was going to go through and find out how they are doing it.

According to the change log, Staxrip appears to be using VapourSynth:
added support for hardcoded subtitles using VapourSynth for srt, ass, idx/vobsub, sup/pgs

I'll dig into that and see if that can be plugged into the avisynth script. From what I've just briefly read, it seems that VapourSynth is a replacement for avisynth.

Waytoogo
29th January 2018, 15:59
http://i.cubeupload.com/gShMuO.png

What is your CPU?

Your screenshot shows you are using antique Windows 7.
Will you please try your latest versions on windows 10. Version 1.20 works fine, but 1.21 and 1.22 refuse to encode mpeg2 video on any windows 10 machine. All I get is green video. I have tried it on 5 win10 machines. Even using windows7 compatibility mode does not work. Since version 1.20 works fine, it must be a problem with the newer versions and not a problem with Windows 10. Please fix this.

Atak_Snajpera
29th January 2018, 20:02
Windows 7 is superior to Windows 10 in terms of predictability and stability. I'm not going to migrate to so called "modern Service10". If mpeg2 decoding works on Win7/8 but not on win10 then it means that stupid M$ broke something again in your "not antique" system. Windows 10 is and will always be never ending construction site. If you love so much win10 then please use last working version or use other better app.

jlpsvk
29th January 2018, 20:55
Will you please try your latest versions on windows 10. Version 1.20 works fine, but 1.21 and 1.22 refuse to encode mpeg2 video on any windows 10 machine. All I get is green video. I have tried it on 5 win10 machines. Even using windows7 compatibility mode does not work. Since version 1.20 works fine, it must be a problem with the newer versions and not a problem with Windows 10. Please fix this.

i have no problems at all with Win10 (and WinSrv2016) and nVidia GeForce GTX1050Ti with latest drivers. So problem on your side for 99%.

Wishbringer
30th January 2018, 17:25
@Atak_Snajpera:
I have a strange problem since some encodes.
Muxing fails, because there is no audio file.

Opening file D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\Encoded_Audio_1.aac failed
Error importing D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\Encoded_Audio_1.aac:lang=ger: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found

This happens each time I encode to *.mp4 and AAC-Codec, regardless of source.
When encoding to *.mkv with other codecs, all is fine.

BUT!
While encoding, AAC-File is created.
And while RB still encodes Video, AAC (ready encoded) still exists and can be played without issues.
After muxing (with error) there is no AAC-File anymore.
So it must be deleted after encoding of audio and before shutdown (after job is finished).

Last encode I enabled write-protection after AAC-encode finished and this time muxing completed without errors.

I haven't changed anything at running system except automated CU of Windows10.
Other possible cause could be update of RB.

Edit:
Now am encoding a film with dtsma (preconverted to flac with ripbot) and destination mp4 with aac:
flac-file is there and plays fine, but this time no aac is created, no aac-encoding task in taskmanager.

Wishbringer
30th January 2018, 17:49
Will you please try your latest versions on windows 10. Version 1.20 works fine, but 1.21 and 1.22 refuse to encode mpeg2 video on any windows 10 machine. All I get is green video.

You get green video in Preview.
I imported MPEG2 Videostream from DVD with mkvtoolnix and then imported mkv in RB264.
Now preview works with RB... Silly

Atak_Snajpera
30th January 2018, 21:12
@Atak_Snajpera:
I have a strange problem since some encodes.
Muxing fails, because there is no audio file.

This happens each time I encode to *.mp4 and AAC-Codec, regardless of source.
When encoding to *.mkv with other codecs, all is fine.

BUT!
While encoding, AAC-File is created.
And while RB still encodes Video, AAC (ready encoded) still exists and can be played without issues.
After muxing (with error) there is no AAC-File anymore.
So it must be deleted after encoding of audio and before shutdown (after job is finished).

Last encode I enabled write-protection after AAC-encode finished and this time muxing completed without errors.

I haven't changed anything at running system except automated CU of Windows10.
Other possible cause could be update of RB.

Edit:
Now am encoding a film with dtsma (preconverted to flac with ripbot) and destination mp4 with aac:
flac-file is there and plays fine, but this time no aac is created, no aac-encoding task in taskmanager.

Works on my "antique" windows 7 as always ;)
http://i.cubeupload.com/HZjTMO.png

C:\>"C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --crf 20 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 5805 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -
y4m [info]: 624x464p 1:1 @ 24000/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0

x264 [info]: frame I:81 Avg QP:18.09 size: 23030
x264 [info]: frame P:2370 Avg QP:21.50 size: 12950
x264 [info]: frame B:3354 Avg QP:24.14 size: 6067
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 5.3% 36.7% 49.3% 8.8%
x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 11.7% 83.1% 5.1%
x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 4.6% 37.9% 2.1% P16..4: 28.4% 16.1% 7.2% 0.0% 0.0% skip: 3.6%
x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.9% 6.7% 0.5% B16..8: 45.1% 10.5% 2.3% direct: 8.3% skip:25.9% L0:32.8% L1:39.5% BI:27.7%
x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:84.4% inter:80.3%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 71.4% 88.5% 37.3% inter: 34.9% 38.0% 1.3%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 33% 23% 15% 28%
x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 26% 21% 27% 3% 4% 5% 4% 5% 4%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 26% 13% 12% 6% 10% 12% 7% 8% 5%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 39% 22% 23% 16%
x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:4.9% UV:4.1%
x264 [info]: ref P L0: 68.9% 17.7% 9.4% 3.9% 0.2%
x264 [info]: ref B L0: 93.1% 6.9%
x264 [info]: kb/s:1748.09

encoded 5805 frames, 219.67 fps, 1748.09 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="snoop dogg - sensual seduction" -fps 23.976 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac":lang=und -mpeg4 -new "C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\snoop dogg - sensual seduction.mp4"
AVC-H264 import - frame size 624 x 464 at 23.976 FPS

AVC Import results: 5805 samples - Slices: 81 I 2370 P 3354 B - 5883 SEI - 77 IDR
Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
AAC import - sample rate 48000 - MPEG-4 audio - 2 channels

Saving C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\snoop dogg - sensual seduction.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving

-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:28s

jlpsvk
30th January 2018, 21:17
Guys...turn off UAC completely in Windows 10 in the registry!!!! The first MUST DO THING after W10 installation. Check that...can cause problems.

Wishbringer
31st January 2018, 10:14
@jlpsvk:
Thats not the cause.
disabled = same behavior
started as admin = same behavior

Wishbringer
1st February 2018, 18:06
@Atak_Snajpera:
While searching for the cause of not created audio I just disabled "normalize".
Now audio is created and muxed.

Atak_Snajpera
1st February 2018, 19:03
Add pause to job1_EncodeAudio1.cmd and run it. Show me what you get. Maybe my script does not like your german version of windows.

jlpsvk
1st February 2018, 20:21
@Atak_Snajpera
Three things I would like you to implement.... :)

1) option to have "Force HDR->SDR to HEVC" "per job" not globally
2) option not to demux audio files when creating jobs - time consuming in case I want to use only video part...
3) when distributed encoding is enabled, video file indexing is done twice.. once when creating the job, once when starting encode, after copying the video file to shared directory...this is also time consuming, when using with 120GB 4K video file... indexing only after copying to shared folder makes sense to me. :)

Can't wait for you reply. :)

Atak_Snajpera
1st February 2018, 20:34
I can do only 1) for now and maybe 2) if I will have nothing to do in my spare time...

jlpsvk
1st February 2018, 21:23
I can do only 1) for now and maybe 2) if I will have nothing to do in my spare time...

Even 1) will be great. :)

Atak_Snajpera
1st February 2018, 21:34
Question: Why do you encode some movies as HDR and some as SDR?

jlpsvk
1st February 2018, 22:08
Question: Why do you encode some movies as HDR and some as SDR?

I want to do both..because some family members do not have HDR TV but have 4K (first models)...so i want to put it in one queue, not to do one, re-set settings and do other.

burt123
2nd February 2018, 05:22
I want to do both..because some family members do not have HDR TV but have 4K (first models)...so i want to put it in one queue, not to do one, re-set settings and do other.

You need more computers :), each dedicated to different settings.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd February 2018, 12:30

So you what to do two encodes in one job? That's impossible!
I still think that current global method is easier. You create jobs. Encode in HDR mode. Then enable HDR to SDR conversion. Jobs are refreshed. Encode again.
Is this too much???

jlpsvk
2nd February 2018, 12:32
So you what to do two encodes in one job? That's impossible!
I still think that current global method is easier. You create jobs. Encode in HDR mode. Then enable HDR to SDR conversion. Jobs are refreshed. Encode again.

In one queue, not in one job!

Right now the setting is global. So all queued jobs will be encoded in HDR or all in SDR. I want to have more jobs, but one job HDR, one SDR. :)

Atak_Snajpera
2nd February 2018, 14:11
But you do realize that you will have to create two jobs for the same movie? Isn't this more time consuming method?

jlpsvk
2nd February 2018, 14:21
But you do realize that you will have to create two jobs for the same movie? Isn't this more time consuming method?

yeah...but then i can run about 10 jobs in one run, and cores will not be idling. :)

Wishbringer
5th February 2018, 19:38
Add pause to job1_EncodeAudio1.cmd and run it. Show me what you get. Maybe my script does not like your german version of windows.

pause
cd "E:\RipBot264v1.22.1\tools\ffmpeg\bin\"
pause
del "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\AUDIO1_max_volume.txt"
pause
ffmpeg.exe -i "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_AUDIO1.avs" -af "volumedetect" -vn -sn -dn -f null nul 2>&1 | findstr /I "max_volume:" | awk.exe -F": " "{print $2}" | cut.exe -d" " -f1 >> "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\AUDIO1_max_volume.txt"
pause
for /f "delims=" %%x in (D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\AUDIO1_max_volume.txt) do set VAR=%%x
pause
set VAR=%VAR:-=%
pause
ffmpeg.exe -i "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_AUDIO1.avs" -af "volume=%VAR%dB" -f wav - | "E:\RipBot264v1.22.1\Tools\fhgaacenc\fhgaacenc.exe" --profile lc --cbr 320 --adts --ignorelength --quiet - "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac"
pause

I added a pause each line, because when adding pause at the end, the window closed instant.
When first ffmpeg is tried to execute, dos-window closes without a comment.
Only happens when normalize is "ON".

Atak_Snajpera
5th February 2018, 20:27
Do something else. Start CMD.exe and then run job1_EncodeAudio1.cmd from console.

Ps. Do not add any pauses!

GZZ
6th February 2018, 11:45
There is a bug in the encoding server. If you have two or more instance open and need to close one of them or one of them crash, then closing it or killing it in task manager will raise a access violation error in the other encoding server and make them both crash.

Atak_Snajpera
6th February 2018, 11:54
Known bug since forever. Unfixable for now.

Fun fact: It crashes other servers only if server has lower port number :)
For example. You have two servers :1000 and :2000. Closing server with port 2000 will crash server below. However if you close server with port 1000 then server with higher port number does not crash. Mind blown!