PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Furiousflea
18th November 2015, 10:49
Check log. You should see there what cpu extensions were used during conversion.

I do not have CPU with AVX2 extension so it looks like this
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX

Thanks for that :)
Can't seem to get it to work though, "show log" by right clicking the job and then selecting it doesn't seem to work here, am on Windoiws 10 though have made sure to run as Admin.

Also, just doing a test with the standard base profiles with no modification at CRF 18 for HEVC/10bit, encoding goes fine at expected file size, but muxing produces a file that keeps on growing and never completes.

Stopped it at 720GB!
Any idea, thanks.

(Sorry should have saved the mux output command fished out of temp folder)
"C:\Video\ripbot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Users\robo9\Desktop\1_2_video.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "1_2_video" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265"

sneaker_ger
18th November 2015, 11:00
Also, just doing a test with the standard base profiles with no modification at CRF 18 for HEVC/10bit, encoding goes fine at expected file size, but muxing produces a file that keeps on growing and never completes.
That's a known bug of mkvmerge 8.5.1, it is fixed in version 8.5.2.

Furiousflea
18th November 2015, 11:12
That's a known bug of mkvmerge 8.5.1, it is fixed in version 8.5.2.

I see, big thanks for the help. Will update mkvtoolnix etc.
Cheers :)

essential
20th November 2015, 05:54
Before I encode too many DVDs incorrectly (I've primarily done blurays in the past and interlaced material isn't an issue).
I'm ripping some older stuff that is interlaced. Want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

I've been opening the VOB in DGIndex.
-------------------------------
If VOB is:
Frame Rate: 23.976024 fps
Frame Rate: Interlaced
Field Order: Top

Then in Ripbot Use:
Deinterlace: TTF -> 29.97 FPS
Decimate: Do not decimate (because the frame rate is already 23.976024?)
If VOB is:
Frame Rate: Anything besides 23.976024 fps

Then in Ripbot Use:
Deinterlace: Inverse Telecine
Decimate: Restore -> 23.976 fps

Is this right?

manono
20th November 2015, 08:19
I've been opening the VOB in DGIndex.
If VOB is:
Frame Rate: 23.976024 fps

Then in Ripbot Use:
Deinterlace: TTF -> 29.97 FPS
Decimate: Do not decimate (because the frame rate is already 23.976024?)

Is this right?

No. The only time DGIndex will say 23.976024fps is when you have the Field Operation set for Forced Film. It has nothing to do with how the DVD has been encoded or how it should be treated. And if it shows as Interlaced, you certainly don't want the Field Operation set for Forced Film when making a D2V Project File. DGIndex is not deciding if your DVD is 23.976 or 29.97fps.

And even when setting the Field Operation as Honor Pulldown Flags and it shows as 29.97fps and Interlaced, it's still no indication of how your DVD should be handled. For that you make a basic AviSynth script, open it in VDub to check, and use your eyes to tell. And if you know enough to make an AviSynth script and use Forced Film or Honor Pulldown Flags to make a D2V Project File, or IVTC or unblend or deinterlace, then my opinion is that you should do those things in a script which you then open in RipBot.

These things are thoroughly explained in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package.

All NTSC DVDs output interlaced 29.97fps (really 59.94 fields per second).

8ternity
20th November 2015, 13:23
Hi Atak,

I just would like to told you Thank You very much for adding multi-languages support in Ripbot264 ! It's helped me a lot! Save time and calculations.

Also, i seen that Software has auto update when starting the app.

Thums Up ! Great Work !

8ternity

essential
20th November 2015, 16:30
No. The only time DGIndex will say 23.976024fps is when you have the Field Operation set for Forced Film. It has nothing to do with how the DVD has been encoded or how it should be treated. And if it shows as Interlaced, you certainly don't want the Field Operation set for Forced Film when making a D2V Project File. DGIndex is not deciding if your DVD is 23.976 or 29.97fps.

And even when setting the Field Operation as Honor Pulldown Flags and it shows as 29.97fps and Interlaced, it's still no indication of how your DVD should be handled. For that you make a basic AviSynth script, open it in VDub to check, and use your eyes to tell. And if you know enough to make an AviSynth script and use Forced Film or Honor Pulldown Flags to make a D2V Project File, or IVTC or unblend or deinterlace, then my opinion is that you should do those things in a script which you then open in RipBot.

These things are thoroughly explained in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package.

All NTSC DVDs output interlaced 29.97fps (really 59.94 fields per second).

Thanks for the response. I don't know enough to do anything with Avisynth but I'll start reading. I've been using Ripbot for years but primarily with Blurays so I've never had to deal with Interlaced sources before, I'm still very much a beginner in this regard. Ripbot makes everything else so easy ... which is why I use it to begin with.

I've read a ton on this prior to posting what you responded to, thinking I finally figured it out, there are no guides on how to specifically determine everything about your source, and then based on certain results you use these certain settings for Ripbot.

I thought I found an easily understandable guide (something that didn't assume you had advanced technical understanding to start) and based on your quote it's incorrect (thehtpc.net/htpc-tips-and-tweaks/encoding-dvds-to-h-264-mkv-using-ripbot264/).

For several of my Interlaced VOBs if I do TFF -> 29.97 or Inverse Telecine with and without decimate restore on, the resulting "preview scripts" all look the same to me. They look good but I can't have 4 different options all be the correct way to do it, and I don't know how to determine which is correct if they all look good. There is no easy guide for dealing with Ripbot and interlaced sources, but I'll keep reading.

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2015, 18:55
@essential
It is quite easy.

If ripbot shows that your DVD movie has been detected as 29.97 fps then you should manually examine frames in "preview script". Ofcourse deinterlace option must be OFF!
In Media Player Classic use arrows on keyboard to skip to next frame. If you see mix of progressive and interlaced frames then you should use INVERSE TELECINE + RESTORE 23.976 option.

Normally pattern looks like this:
3 Progressive frames
2 Interlaced frames

http://i.imgur.com/UJBWMxy.png

If you see only interlaced frames then use TFF -> xx.xx fps.

manono
20th November 2015, 19:34
I thought I found an easily understandable guide (something that didn't assume you had advanced technical understanding to start) and based on your quote it's incorrect (thehtpc.net/htpc-tips-and-tweaks/encoding-dvds-to-h-264-mkv-using-ripbot264/).
I'll assume you're referring to this passage:
Since our video is interlaced and we are deinterlacing it, we should go ahead and decimate it to get a progressive 23.976 framerate, so choose Restore -> 23.976 FPS.
At the least it's incomplete. It's assuming all NTSC DVDs are either encoded as progressive 23.976fps with pulldown (his progressive from the previous page) or hard telecined (the pulldown encoded into the video), as in Atak_Snajpera's pictures above. But there are other possibilities. They might have been shot using interlaced video cameras and the last thing you want is to drop unique frames with an IVTC. They might be field-blended and, again, an IVTC is the wrong thing to do. They might be a mix of soft and hard telecine. They might even be progressive 29.97fps as happens sometimes (although rarely). There are just too many possibilities where, if you follow the guy's advice, you'll end up with a ruined video.

In addition, he is confusing anyone reading it by mixing up terms. There's a big difference between a full IVTC, decimating, and deinterlacing. If you have a video like that in the pictures above, what you do is IVTC, not deinterlace. And decimating is only the second step in the two-step IVTC process, the first being field-matching.

essential
20th November 2015, 20:00
@essential
It is quite easy.

If ripbot shows that your DVD movie has been detected as 29.97 fps then you should manually examine frames in "preview script". Ofcourse deinterlace option must be OFF!
In Media Player Classic use arrows on keyboard to skip to next frame. If you see mix of progressive and interlaced frames then you should use INVERSE TELECINE + RESTORE 23.976 option.

Thanks Atak, I will try this with several sources when I get home later. Just to clarify one thing, will there ever be a situation where you use "restore 23.976" with TFF, or is that only ever to be used with inverse telecine?

edit:
Thanks Manono, you posted while I was replying.

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2015, 20:45
Just to clarify one thing, will there ever be a situation where you use "restore 23.976" with TFF,
Nope. At least I haven't had chance to use it in this way. If you aim for the best quality then you should use smart Inverse Telecine + restore than dumb forced deinterlacer + restore.
Like I said. Use Deinterlacer (TFF -> ) only if ALL frames are interlaced (no mix).

essential
22nd November 2015, 18:09
Thanks again Atak, your instructions worked. I had stuff set up wrong but was able to determine the differences and now understand going forward.

damia
25th November 2015, 07:45
hai atak.. may i know how to fix this one problem??cannot load AAC audio.. thanks..
http://i.imgur.com/vDhH32B.png

Atak_Snajpera
26th November 2015, 14:14
yes . in cq mode chunks are always 1 min long.

Atak_Snajpera
26th November 2015, 17:28
More work for servers = less idle time = overall faster encoding

ggalindo001
30th November 2015, 15:15
Atak

Great app -- just found this last week and so far, it has worked like a champ. I especially like the simplicity of the GUI, yet it is powerful where it needs to be. I had been using handbrake previously and find this far more effective -- esp. the batch mode.

Two questions --

1. In batch mode -- is there any way to set a default for color correction to go in one of the three choices vs. the none default? Specifically, I'm wanting to set mine up to default for color correction from tv->pc. This is due to several home recorded DVDs from a DVD recorder that had a black level color bug -- this setting mostly corrects that issue in corresponding encodes.

Obviously, in batch, I can go into each corresponding entry and manually make the change prior to encode -- I was just hoping to automate that as much as possible and eliminate redundant clicks. I didn't know if there was a setting inside of one of the scripts that I could edit that would do this (vs. asking for a setting within the GUI)....

2. Probably a stupid question, but one I would throw out. Can you set up DE to operate on just one machine? I've gone through quite a bit of this thread to look for an answer to that -- it appears that you could, but not clear on how to specifically do that. Is it as simple as adding my ip address to the DE listing, with a :1000, :2000, etc. So, if my ip address is say 10.45.3.1 then I set up the server addresses starting with 10.45.3.1:1000, 10.45.3.1:2000, etc. I tried that, but I could not get the servers moving (they just remained "idle"). I'm sure I am doing something stupid wrong, and just need to tinker with it more to get it to work -- but thought I would ask that it is possible before spending too much time.

Thanks again and thanks for the great app.

g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Atak_Snajpera
30th November 2015, 17:52
1. In batch mode -- is there any way to set a default for color correction to go in one of the three choices vs. the none default? Specifically, I'm wanting to set mine up to default for color correction from tv->pc. This is due to several home recorded DVDs from a DVD recorder that had a black level color bug -- this setting mostly corrects that issue in corresponding encodes.
I will add this option to batch mode. Just make sure that auto-update option in ripbot264 is checked.

2. Probably a stupid question, but one I would throw out. Can you set up DE to operate on just one machine? I've gone through quite a bit of this thread to look for an answer to that -- it appears that you could, but not clear on how to specifically do that. Is it as simple as adding my ip address to the DE listing, with a :1000, :2000, etc. So, if my ip address is say 10.45.3.1 then I set up the server addresses starting with 10.45.3.1:1000, 10.45.3.1:2000, etc. I tried that, but I could not get the servers moving (they just remained "idle"). I'm sure I am doing something stupid wrong, and just need to tinker with it more to get it to work -- but thought I would ask that it is possible before spending too much time.

Of course you can ;) Instead of using real ip you can just use 127.0.0.1:2000 , 127.0.0.1:3000 and so on.

burt123
30th November 2015, 22:37
Of course you can ;) Instead of using real ip you can just use 127.0.0.1:2000 , 127.0.0.1:3000 and so on.

I use DE on a single PC a lot, but in my situation, I just need to have the network switch/hub turned on.
I guess its because I'm using a "real" IP address.

00-00
1st December 2015, 00:58
Tried searching for this, but can't seem to find a definitive answer... Is there a straightforward way to add/include subtitles to all files when using batch encode, rather than having to add each file manually if subtitles are needed? Can you batch rip all or selected subtitles for each file at the same time as preparing a file? Sorry if this is obvious!

Appreciate any help!

ggalindo001
1st December 2015, 12:23
Atak

Thanks -- adding the color option to the batch mode would be a big time saver for me. I have it on auto update -- so look forward to the next update.

I'll see if i can get the DE to work later this week when I have time to poke around with it.

Thanks again!

g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slalom
2nd December 2015, 08:31
I use DE on a single PC a lot, but in my situation, I just need to have the network switch/hub turned on.
I guess its because I'm using a "real" IP address.
Just set UseDistributedEncoding=1 in ripbot264.ini file
If other servers are offline, only one server wil be used

burt123
2nd December 2015, 10:44
Just set UseDistributedEncoding=1 in ripbot264.ini file
If other servers are offline, only one server will be used

Thanks slalom, I just might try that :)

Was already set as 1.............

soneca
3rd December 2015, 23:47
Atak, could it be an up to RipBot264 remember the last folder/file previously accessed?
I think most users keep the source files in a defined path.

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2015, 17:29
Atak, could it be an up to RipBot264 remember the last folder/file previously accessed?
I think most users keep the source files in a defined path.

On my win7 last used source file is remembered when I add next job.

soneca
4th December 2015, 19:15
On my win7 last used source file is remembered when I add next job.

Okay, but this only happens after you added the first task. Normally the folder you use for source files is not remembered.
Off topic: What lossless codec do you recommend for use as an intermediate in Sony Vegas? I have used the Lagarith but to work with 4K sources is impractical, giant files.

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2015, 20:05
MagicYUV or UTVideo. Both are great.

soneca
5th December 2015, 11:14
MagicYUV or UTVideo. Both are great.
Thanks, I'll try.
If there were a x264 plugin to export directly from Sony Vegas would be perfect.

Atak_Snajpera
5th December 2015, 11:20
try frameserver debugmode plugin if you want to avoid intermediate files.

soneca
6th December 2015, 12:46
Debugmode Frameserver installed but I can not make it work... :confused:
You can give me a sample script to work with RipBot264?

Atak_Snajpera
6th December 2015, 15:43
Maybe this will help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7rJnljqvQE

soneca
6th December 2015, 23:50
Thank you very much for your help, I'll try. :)

soneca
7th December 2015, 12:20
Atk, follow the tutorial but frameserver does not start...

http://s20.postimg.org/fwmuwturx/debugmode.png

Atak_Snajpera
7th December 2015, 12:30
So what is ripbot encoding there?

soneca
7th December 2015, 12:42
The original file.
The frameserver should not show progress?

Atak_Snajpera
7th December 2015, 12:44
no you must load untitled.avi like I showed you in video.

soneca
7th December 2015, 12:56
Untitled.avi created by signpost .. What stupidity !!!
E:\Videos\Untitled.avi.

soneca
7th December 2015, 13:36
Now it worked! Thank you!

Belcegor
9th December 2015, 09:16
Hi, im new here, i have a problem with ripbot.
Iīm recording gameplay videos with raptr.
These videos are in mp4 with variable framerate.

I reencoding this videos with ripbot and obtain a video with audio out of sync, searching in this forum i solve this with convertfps=true.
But now, ripbot started a few days ago to donīt open the files recorded with raptr, i donīt understand why first ripbot can open and render the files and now canīt do it.

i give you a screenshot with the error window and link to a small video file for you can try if it is problem of my installation or not.

http://s14.postimg.org/vurb033z1/Prt_Scr_capture.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/vurb033z1/)

Well, the error is displayed in spanish it tells does not recognize the media in the file.

This is the link to the file:

https://mega.nz/#!EJdWjCrA!Nyc-PgDvBxuHbClnoBC6IlOMc6UuR4AMg8d9PaW-oIM

All help are wellcome.
Thank you in advance for all.

BlockABoots
13th December 2015, 12:17
Atak_Snajpera, im getting audio sync issues after using RipBot to encode my file. The raw capture file is in flv format i use AvsPMod to edit the file and is saved as an .avs file, i then load this file into RipBot to encode. But when i watch back the mp4 file from RipBot the audio is out of sync which was happening in the raw capture file (.flv), this never happened on your previous versions of RipBot and think it might be the update thats causing the issue, any ideas?

Atak_Snajpera
13th December 2015, 19:55
AvsPMod most likely uses DirectShowSource as source filter and this is your problem. You need source filter which is frame accurate during seeking/trimming like FFMS2. Generally DirectShowSource is unpredictable. It sometimes works but most of the time it will give you a/v sync issues after trimming. RipBot264 just takes your broken .avs (wrong source filter) and sends to x264/x265 encoder.

BlockABoots
14th December 2015, 20:28
AvsPMod most likely uses DirectShowSource as source filter and this is your problem. You need source filter which is frame accurate during seeking/trimming like FFMS2. Generally DirectShowSource is unpredictable. It sometimes works but most of the time it will give you a/v sync issues after trimming. RipBot264 just takes your broken .avs (wrong source filter) and sends to x264/x265 encoder.

Thanks for the info, i never knew this, ill give FFMS2 a go

EDIT: Just a quick observation, i went back to RipBot 1.17.0 to see if it was an error with the newer version (which it wasnt as you stated), but what i did notice after selecting an avs file the 'Gathering Information', 'extracting frames' and 'encoding audio' process (RipBot 1.17.0) takes like 5-10 seconds but on newer versions of RipBot it does the 'demuxing' process which take a good minute to finish the process.

How come the newer releases of RipBot are slower to examine the input files that older versions??

lemaireus
15th December 2015, 18:17
Each time I try to re-encode a file encoded in resolutions not divisible by 4, for example 1914x808, I get a scrambled view in the 'preview script' section. The problem, however, is that even the re-encode turns out to be garbled in exactly the same way as the preview:

http://d65.imgup.net/Resolutionb6fa.jpg[/url]

The output is garbled even if I change the output resolution to resolutions divisible by 4. Is there a solution to this issue?

I get a good output on re-encoding 1914x808 to, for example, 1920x816 in Megui so I can't figure out which application in Ripbot tools prevents a good result in Ripbot and whether that problem can be rectified or not.

Atak_Snajpera
15th December 2015, 19:09
You should start from original Blu-ray source and not re-encode bad pirated rips.

lemaireus
16th December 2015, 03:56
You should start from original Blu-ray source and not re-encode bad pirated rips.

I agree, Atak, but that really is not a 'solution'. The rips of this kind that I'm talking about are iTunes releases, the most recent being their three "Pink Panther" series titles, all of which are 1914x804/808. Since Megui can re-encode these, surely there must be a way to re-encode these into 'good' rips in Ripbot as well? Looking forward to constructive suggestions... Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
16th December 2015, 16:53
You will have to load your weird video file via script.
LoadPlugin("C:\...\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms2.dll")

V = FFVideoSource("C:\your_file.mp4").ConvertToRGB.Crop(1,0,-1,0)

A = FFAudioSource("C:\your_file.mp4")

AudioDub(V, A)

lemaireus
16th December 2015, 17:35
Thanks, Atak, for preparing the script: I'll run the script sometime tomorrow after the present batch of encodes is through and post a word on the results. However, I was wondering if it might be possible to have this 'quirky video resolution' problem as one of the areas that might be addressed in the next update? I'm sure that would help many users as there are a lot of iTunes videos floating around with 1914x... resolution.

Thanks again for the script.

lemaireus
17th December 2015, 15:54
I couldn't get it to work. The script, of course, must be fine, but my unfamiliarity with CLI means that the tricks I tried didn't work. I tried finding a place in the Avisynth scripts (video and audio) for the video file in which to insert the script, but couldn't figure out how or where to make the changes. So I'm back to where I started: with the RipBot GUI and the job folder, searching for a way to make the script work.

Belcegor
19th December 2015, 09:07
Hi, im new here, i have a problem with ripbot.
Iīm recording gameplay videos with raptr.
These videos are in mp4 with variable framerate.

I reencoding this videos with ripbot and obtain a video with audio out of sync, searching in this forum i solve this with convertfps=true.
But now, ripbot started a few days ago to donīt open the files recorded with raptr, i donīt understand why first ripbot can open and render the files and now canīt do it.

i give you a screenshot with the error window and link to a small video file for you can try if it is problem of my installation or not.

http://s14.postimg.org/vurb033z1/Prt_Scr_capture.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/vurb033z1/)

Well, the error is displayed in spanish it tells does not recognize the media in the file.

This is the link to the file:

https://mega.nz/#!EJdWjCrA!Nyc-PgDvBxuHbClnoBC6IlOMc6UuR4AMg8d9PaW-oIM

All help are wellcome.
Thank you in advance for all.

Nobody can help me?
Ok, thankīs anyway.

Shrekage
21st December 2015, 14:34
Hi Atak,

small bug report:

If you start with the working folder in the c:\ drive, then you add a drive and change it to e:\ drive through your setting GUI, then setup some encodes, and start the encode. the share does not get changed. That really messes up the encoding client...

Thanks

Shrekage
21st December 2015, 14:37
Nobody can help me?
Ok, thankīs anyway.

Hi.

What troubleshooting did you try? Uninstall/reinstall ripbot? any of the tools?

Please give Atak some time and be patient...

soneca
21st December 2015, 17:30
Nobody can help me?
Ok, thankīs anyway.

Here this file loads normally.

http://s20.postimg.org/oec8bbdhp/ripbot.png

Belcegor
21st December 2015, 22:10
Hi.

What troubleshooting did you try? Uninstall/reinstall ripbot? any of the tools?

Please give Atak some time and be patient...

Sorry if my post sounds too mmm ŋhard?, my english is poor and i use the help of a google traslator.

No problem, i uninstall and reinstall Ripbot and nothing, the problem continues.

The strange is the problem starts suddenly, i give a short video file for somebody try to open with RipBot.
If other people can open and reencode it, the problem is mine and if not, the problem is in RipBot.

No problem with Atak or nobody, i like this program because i get small files with better quality than others.

Sorry for any problem can do my posts and thankīs for all.

And sorry for my english too lol!!!

Viper714
24th December 2015, 00:26
Atak, I would like your recommendation on something. I would like to take the movies that I encoded (mkv) from my blu-ray's and edit the audio to bleep out the cuss words. Typically if the audio file were in wav or mp3 that would be okay, but the audio files are DTS or Dolby 5.1.

What software do you recommend to edit that?
Thank you in advance...

burt123
24th December 2015, 01:12
Atak, I would like your recommendation on something. I would like to take the movies that I encoded (mkv) from my blu-ray's and edit the audio to bleep out the cuss words. Typically if the audio file were in wav or mp3 that would be okay, but the audio files are DTS or Dolby 5.1.

What software do you recommend to edit that?
Thank you in advance...

This may help...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170518

cj161
26th December 2015, 13:41
This is a copy of a post I made a few days ago on videohelp. I've upgraded both of my PCs to Windows 10 x64 (one is a 6700k, two is a 3930k, both clean installs), and ripbot264 distributed encoding no longer works properly. It seems to take forever when I'm adding a job after I've selected my cropping, sizing and subtitles. It displays "Please wait... Gathering information..." for what seems like 10 minutes, when before, it used to only take several seconds. After I start the job, it takes a similarly long time to "Copying tools to shared folder". When it finally does start, I get an error either "Source file could not be indexed", or it just hangs on the indexing phase. I have installed AviSynth 2.6, ffdshow v1.3.4532, newest Haali and Java 8 Update 66. I've also made sure the ripbot264 temp folder is shared and accessible from the remote machine. It works fine without DE enabled, but I need it for the DE. It has something to do with the Encoding Client and/or the temp folder sharing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Chris

Atak_Snajpera
26th December 2015, 17:04
Disable any antivirus software you might have there. It has to be something specific with your machines because you are first one who has these weird problems. You should also check what is happening under the hood with Process Hacker (Cpu/storage usage for spawned executables). BTW. when you click preview script in ripbot do you see Haali Media Splitter and FFDshow icons on system's tray?

cj161
28th December 2015, 14:47
I just got a chance to try again here and it started working. I did not try disabling my antivirus yet (Avast free edition). The only change since last week would have been a couple computer restarts. Not sure why it decided to start working, but thanks for the help. I'll reply if it happens again. Thanks Atak!

Atak_Snajpera
28th December 2015, 15:07
Not sure why it decided to start working, but thanks for the help. I'll reply if it happens again. Thanks Atak!

Another reason why I will never downgrade to Win10... ;)

Belcegor
4th January 2016, 19:17
Here this file loads normally.

http://s20.postimg.org/oec8bbdhp/ripbot.png

Thank you for the help and patience, iīm continuing with the problem, i donīt know whatīs happening, delete the ripbot folder and decompress ripbot in another folder and try it but nothing.

I donīt know how fix this :(

soneca
5th January 2016, 02:39
Thank you for the help and patience, iīm continuing with the problem, i donīt know whatīs happening, delete the ripbot folder and decompress ripbot in another folder and try it but nothing.

I donīt know how fix this :(

Have you tried uninstalling ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter and perhaps AviSynth(depending on the version you use) and reinstall all with the latest versions?

Belcegor
5th January 2016, 10:07
Have you tried uninstalling ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter and perhaps AviSynth(depending on the version you use) and reinstall all with the latest versions?

Well, i reinstall haali over the haali of k-lite and it works!!

But....now RipBot fails to get sound, tells no audio :(

Any idea for solve this problem?

burt123
5th January 2016, 10:31

Have you tried uninstalling ALL the codec packs (k-lite), and all the other programs that Ripbot needs, re start, then install ONLY the software that Ripbot needs to run (get all the latest versions)

Belcegor
5th January 2016, 11:05
Have you tried uninstalling ALL the codec packs (k-lite), and all the other programs that Ripbot needs, re start, then install ONLY the software that Ripbot needs to run (get all the latest versions)

Yes, i do it, im looking for mp4box, the info file created is empty but no error messages.

burt123
6th January 2016, 00:48
Yes, i do it, im looking for mp4box, the info file created is empty but no error messages.

OK, I decided to download your sample and try it.

I use all the default Ripbot settings (don't understand what all the others do), and converted it to same size, mkv, took a few seconds, and it turned out perfect...........

What version of Windows are you using, what file format are your hard drive's (FAT 32, NTFS).

Maybe you need to do a fresh install of Windows, and run Ripbot (with all the latest updates) as is, and see what happens.

slalom
6th January 2016, 10:54
@Atak
Maybe you could add a counter at batch mode

I mean, after adding all files, where it says: Demuxing audio streams x% video 6/10 (sixth out of 10) or x/y where y is the number of files added

Belcegor
8th January 2016, 18:57
OK, I decided to download your sample and try it.

I use all the default Ripbot settings (don't understand what all the others do), and converted it to same size, mkv, took a few seconds, and it turned out perfect...........

What version of Windows are you using, what file format are your hard drive's (FAT 32, NTFS).

Maybe you need to do a fresh install of Windows, and run Ripbot (with all the latest updates) as is, and see what happens.

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit, NTFS, I7 920, 6Gb Ram DDRIII 1600MHz, AMD 7870XT 2Gb DDR5.

All other programs work well, last try, i go to uninstall all codecs in my pc and the program, clean the registry and reinstall all, and..... give me good luck lol ;)

p-st
9th January 2016, 07:38
Thanks for this software. It's really nice.

I'm using it to convert my blu-rays to x264. For the audio I use 2 streams, one for english and one for german language, both with the same settings. As I'm playing the converted files directly on my television with USB storage, I'm changing the output speed form 23,976 to 25 fps. This gives me the best viewing experience.

Now there is the problem - if I do this, only the video and the first audio stream are changed to 25 fps. The second audio stream stays as it is on 23,976 fps, so that I can't use it. Is this a bug?

I'm using the current version 1.19.2 on Windows 7 64 Bit.

Atak_Snajpera
9th January 2016, 14:48
You have to also set output speed again for second stream. Select audio stream 2 and then set your desired output speed.

rc71
12th January 2016, 22:08

I've been having a lot of audio issues lately. If I use batch mode, all the video files have the audio from the first job. The new problem is no sound. I thought it was a FLAC issue. I'm going to try a complete uninstall, but it was working and then without any changes, that I could see, no audio. The files says there is audio, but no sound plays from the output file or the converted file in the jobs folder.

rc71
12th January 2016, 22:52
I uninstalled everything and only reinstalled the minimum to get ripbot up. No sound in the encodes.

I installed 18.1 and still no sound. The problem seems to be somewhere on my system. It just can't find any errors as all other sound works fine.

burt123
13th January 2016, 03:43
Hi atak,

As a heavy user of Ripbot, I am wondering if can ask for a couple of additions & mods, for the next build release...

Firstly, could you PLEASE add 2 more Servers for DE, it would provide a lot more options, than the existing 10.

Also, instead of 2 rows of 6, that 3 rows of 4 would be better, and to make room for that, maybe the "chunk's" window could be shortened up, to only show 6 rows of "progress", instead of the current 12.

That should work out that the "window" would be narrower than now, and not much different in depth.

And, would there be a possibility of having a Job completion "sound" option, just to keep track of the encoding process.

Food for thought, for the ongoing evolution of your great program.

Cheers

Noisrevid
13th January 2016, 16:48
This might be a strange question but is there a x264 build that doesn't use AVX instructions? I'm heavily OC'd and apparently i'm not AVX stable (like most people who OC) but stable in non-AVX instructions 24/7.. So x264 encoding is crashing my system randomly.

That being said, would a non-AVX build of x264 be a lot slower therefore not beneficial anyways? Therefore being pointless?

burt123
14th January 2016, 00:35
This might be a strange question but is there a x264 build that doesn't use AVX instructions? I'm heavily OC'd and apparently i'm not AVX stable (like most people who OC) but stable in non-AVX instructions 24/7.. So x264 encoding is crashing my system randomly.

That being said, would a non-AVX build of x264 be a lot slower therefore not beneficial anyways? Therefore being pointless?

Hey Noisrevid,

Being an overclocker myself, I would suggest just backing it off just enough, that it doesn't crash anymore....that's what I've had to do.

I'm sure that you use some form of stress testing when you've overclocked, to test stability, well, think of Ripbot as a stress test, as it does max out the cpu.

mdchaser
16th January 2016, 20:17
I've got a hopefully simple audio question. I just set up an ATMOS system at home and want to preserve atmos audio from the titles that support it (I just did Minions). If I select FLAC when decoding and then stream copy will that do the trick?

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
17th January 2016, 13:56
I'm not sure in 100% but I think that ATMOS extension is discarded during decoding process in eac3to.

sneaker_ger
17th January 2016, 14:08
Correct.
There is no way of converting Atmos to FLAC and there might never be because Atmos works with 3D objects. The receiver is supposed to calculate every channel in accordance with your local speaker setup (speaker count, positions, directions). FLAC has no way of storing such information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Atmos#Technology

Ma
17th January 2016, 16:28
This might be a strange question but is there a x264 build that doesn't use AVX instructions?

Yes, you can use option '--asm SSE4.2' or '--asm SSSE3' (works with x264 and x265).

If you look at x264 log it should be a line:x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX

For encoding with option '--asm SSE4.2' it looks like this:x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2

mdchaser
17th January 2016, 18:44
I'm not sure in 100% but I think that ATMOS extension is discarded during decoding process in eac3to.

Thanks for getting back to me. It was a long shot but I was hopeful. Is there any chance you can build a method into the ripbot to just copy the audio data directly so that ATMOS or DTX would be a viable option?

ste8s
17th January 2016, 20:38
I've been using RipBot successfully for many years now. However I recently got a new computer, and reinstalled everything. But now RipBot can't seem to rip anything. I've tried reinstalling, and all that. Alas.

When I "Add", select the .m2ts file as per usual, it shows the selected .mpls file, but says there are no chapters. If I hit "OK" anyway, I get the following error:

Exception EFOpenError in module RipBot264.exe at 000239F2....etc.

As a sanity check, I did try to rip this same file on my old computer, and it was ready to work normally. I can't imagine what I did differently with my new machine.

Help! :P

I'm using v1.19.3.

Atak_Snajpera
18th January 2016, 10:44
post screenshot

dv8r
19th January 2016, 11:02
Hi Atak, I have been out of the video game for a lot of years. Never had the time or money for the slower x264 encodes. With all the new media streaming tech coming out I started looking at revamping my old media collection. I used to beg my brother who is a programmer to help me write a distributed encoding app but he's a Linux guy and never wanted to get into windows and avisynth etc. Anyway, I stumbled onto your Ribot last week and what a great program. You nailed it man. Great job! I haven't had a single issue with converting anything from MKV to X265. Several older PC's running as servers. I hope you continue with the project. You need a Donate button lol. I'd gladly pay for such a program as this one. Thanks a whole lot. Now I can afford to do some high quality work without breaking the bank on a high dollar machine. :D:D:D

burt123
20th January 2016, 00:54
You need a Donate button lol. :D:D:D

There IS a donate button....launch Ripbot, then go to "Settings", then go to "About"...there you have it :)

burt123
20th January 2016, 01:03
And, would there be a possibility of having a Job completion "sound" option, just to keep track of the encoding process.

Thanks for adding this to the latest build (had to have a look around before I found where the option was).

Please keep in mind the 2 extra servers :)

So, now that the auto update system is in place, will you ever post another "full" version build ??

It's just a little confusing that the latest update bumped it up to 1.19.3, but if you go "digging", it's still referred to as 1.19.2.

Keep up the excellent work :)

dv8r
20th January 2016, 04:37
Thx Burt, I found it.

ste8s
22nd January 2016, 00:13
post screenshot

I've included a screenshot of the window where it says no chapters. Should I show anything else? Thanks!

dv8r
22nd January 2016, 07:30
hi atak, does the auto update feature work while the app is running or does it check on startup? Just curious if it will auto update on a node if encoding client on server runs 24/7. Do you plan to add NLMeans denoiser? or NLMeansCL?

Thanks again.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd January 2016, 10:19
Auto update works exactly like in firefox. Updates are downloaded in background and installed at the next run.

iSeries
22nd January 2016, 19:21
Hi,

Is there a way to enable header compression for sup subtitles? My WDTV requires it.

dv8r
23rd January 2016, 09:30
Thanks Atak,
I found a post where you said you don't think the average person using ripbot would want to use nlmeans due to the super slow encodes. I wouldn't with one machine, but with multiple machines (10 servers) it is worth the quality gained. I hope you will reconsider. Thanks again

silverback
24th January 2016, 15:50
Hi Atak,

Thanks again for your continuing work on RipBot. Will RipBot ever support HW encoding eg. NVEnc, QSVEnc?

Atak_Snajpera
24th January 2016, 16:53
Hardware encoders in terms of quality are noticeable worse that software solutions. I prefer quality over speed. After all you encode once but you may watch encoded movie more than once ;)

silverback
24th January 2016, 21:45
Hardware encoders in terms of quality are noticeable worse that software solutions. I prefer quality over speed. After all you encode once but you may watch encoded movie more than once Yes. I guess there is no reason not to use a faster preset of x264 to optimize for streaming remotely.

jthekk2
25th January 2016, 01:49
What are the possibilities (if any) of releasing the EncodingServer platform as a standalone program to use with pre-compiled avs scripts and x264 via command line? The EncodingServer looks to be frameserving the avisynth over TCP (possibly using TCPDeliver?).

I am currently running a scheduled batch file to convert DVR recordings using a combination of Avisynth/x264 - what I am looking to do is speed up the conversions by using a second computer to help with the actual encode. Automated frameserving via the EncodingServer platform on top of my current automated avs script/x264 command line options would go a long way to doing this. I use 64-bit avisynth and 64-bit avisynth plugins, as well as x264_x64 10b on profile high 10, level 4.1 (Ripbot seems to support x86, 8-bit, and a max of level 4.0), so using Ripbot itself is not really an option.

burt123
25th January 2016, 09:48
(Ripbot seems to support x86, 8-bit, and a max of level 4.0), so using Ripbot itself is not really an option.

Now I think Atak will chime in on this one, but I'm pretty sure that Ripbot does support x64 10 bit, and the levels are selectable options, so you could make your own custom encoding settings/options.

Wildfire
25th January 2016, 12:03
RipBot264 does support 64-bit encoding, along with 10-bit and levels higher than 4.0 -- it's there in the options to see for yourself :)

jthekk2
25th January 2016, 18:02
RipBot264 does support 64-bit encoding, along with 10-bit and levels higher than 4.0 -- it's there in the options to see for yourself :)I must have missed those initially, sorry. You're right that it does support those, but the automation problem/integration with a batch script remains. Would be cool to see it just take a preconfigured avs script and then use X profile from within ripbot to process with distributed encoding. I'm not sure how ripbot handles indexing/decoding too, as I'm currently using DGDecodeNV in my batch script and the avs scripts throws up errors in the GUI when loading the avs manually (even though the avs script has the plugin loaded and used properly and works directly with x264).

73ChargerFan
25th January 2016, 19:39
A command line "enque with XXX profile" would work nicely for that.

jonah
25th January 2016, 22:40
Got three windows PCs setup here, all with a fresh install of RipBot264 (latest version). Every time I set up an encode on the main machine, I have the other two servers on the LAN to help out. But in the DE window, the servers go from "IDLE" to "ENCODING" and back again, and never actually help. They just sit there. After a while you get the message on the slave machines, "Encoding terminated" then "Connection closed gracefully".

Any ideas about where the issue is here?

Edit: I may have got this one figured out. I "upgraded" to Windows 10 when it was released; and of course, all of my security settings were thrown in the bin and replaced. I had to go and turn off all the password-protected sharing entries- that apparently was preventing the other machines from establishing and maintaining a connection with the main node. Now that I appear to have that sorted, just did a test encode of "Firefox" which completed without any issues at all. Hopefully that'll be the last I see of those troubles. :)

ste8s
26th January 2016, 07:17
I've been using RipBot successfully for many years now. However I recently got a new computer, and reinstalled everything. But now RipBot can't seem to rip anything. I've tried reinstalling, and all that. Alas.

When I "Add", select the .m2ts file as per usual, it shows the selected .mpls file, but says there are no chapters. If I hit "OK" anyway, I get the following error:

As a sanity check, I did try to rip this same file on my old computer, and it was ready to work normally. I can't imagine what I did differently with my new machine.

I'm using v1.19.3.

Any ideas on this issue? I'm pretty stuck. Thanks!

jthekk2
26th January 2016, 23:42
I must have missed those initially, sorry. You're right that it does support those, but the automation problem/integration with a batch script remains. Would be cool to see it just take a preconfigured avs script and then use X profile from within ripbot to process with distributed encoding. I'm not sure how ripbot handles indexing/decoding too, as I'm currently using DGDecodeNV in my batch script and the avs scripts throws up errors in the GUI when loading the avs manually (even though the avs script has the plugin loaded and used properly and works directly with x264).After some more fiddling around, I've identified some possible areas to look into with trying to get Ripbot264 to process files that simply need to be run into x264 and distributed out to servers.

For reference, the test file I am using is a VC1 file extracted from a bluray. The script is fairly simple and loads the 32-bit plugin and then points to the index of the video created with the 32-bit DGIndexNV. There is no audio since the video file is a raw VC1 file and the VC1 is not remuxed into an MKV file:
LoadPlugin("\\SERVER\Tools\ripbot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("\\SERVER\Temp\Test\Test.dgi")

The profile referenced below is as follows (2-pass, bitrate of 8000 kbps):
--profile high10 --level 4.1 --preset slow --tune film --vbv-bufsize 150000 --vbv-maxrate 187500

I have tried the following:
(1) Ripbot will take the avisynth script from above as a video input in "ADD". With no other changes other than setting the profile to the one above, you are able to hit "DONE". Regardless of whether or not distributed encoding is checked, Ripbot will encode the video locally (Encoding Client does not pop up) once "START" is hit. Ripbot DOES NOT re-index the file when these steps are followed, and the file is encoded properly on the localhost.

(2) I remuxed the VC1 into an MKV and loaded the MKV into Ripbot. I then set the profile, hit properties next to the kbps and edited the avisynth script there for the video to the below, which references the precompiled avisynth script from above:
video=Import("\\SERVER\Temp\Test\Test.avs",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
I make no other changes and hit "DONE" and then "START", which opened up the Encoding Client and began copying the file to the shared folder. However, after the copy finished, the file is reindexed with FFMSIndex. After reindexing, Ripbot attempts to prepare chunks but the "info.txt" file is not created and an error message stating 'Cannot open "RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt". The System cannot find the file specified.' DGIndexNV/DGDecodeNV are never used in the process as they are supplanted by FFMSIndex/FFMS, but the folder containing DGIndexNV/DGDecodeNV is copied over to the TEMP folder with the other avisynth plugins.
[Note: FFMSIndex takes about 12-15 minutes to index a 3 hour bluray movie, DGIndexNV takes about 6-8 minutes; DGDecodeNV offloads decoding onto the graphics card while FFMS uses the processor. Reindexing and then using FFMS reduces overall efficiency since all servers are able to use DGDecodeNV].

(3) Same as (2) but the avisynth script for the video within Ripbot is edited to match Test.avs script. Same result as (2).

(4) Same as (3) except the full file paths are used instead of the server paths. Same result as (2)/(3).

Possible Solutions to Look At:
(1) Allow distributed encoding for AVS files directly regardless of the format of the underlying video. However, I think that if this were enabled, it would just lead to the same errors as (2)-(4) above.
(2) Support indexing/decoding with DGIndexNV/DGDecodeNV and properly obtain info from the dgi file produced for the chunks analysis.

On another note, I noticed a possible area to increase some efficiency:
(1) My test files are all in a shared folder already accessible by all my servers; however, Ripbot still copies over the files to its TEMP directory. The process could be made a little more efficient in this scenario if there was a setting to either (A) set a flag that the input file is already in a shared folder and use the server address used in the AVS script as the location of the file during the encode, or (B) a setting to move the file instead of copying (the current location and the ripbot TEMP folder reside on the same computer which also is the main server running the client). (B) is likely seasier to implement since a toggle could switch the code from "COPY" to "MOVE" if the program is using the OS's copy/move functions.

Atak_Snajpera
27th January 2016, 11:33
Hardware decoding won't give you noticeable speed up because encoding process is a real bottleneck here. Basically decoding process is waiting for x264/x265 encoder.
Take a look a this example using software decoding
http://i.cubeupload.com/nPWuqQ.png

Source is VC-1 and encoding was done using veryslow preset. Decoding process consumes only ~3% of cpu time on Xeon E5-2690 2.9Ghz.

jthekk2
27th January 2016, 18:06
Hardware decoding won't give you noticeable speed up because encoding process is a real bottleneck here. Basically decoding process is waiting for x264/x265 encoder.Right, I understand that and MIGHT end up switching the indexing in my automated batch script to use FFMS/DGAVCIndex if that's what needed, but using DGDecodeNV + Ripbot without reindexing would be the ideal.

The main point I was trying to show, however, is that Ripbot doesn't handle previously indexed files properly. After further testing:

(1) If any AVS script loading any of FFMS2.dll, DGDecodeNV.dll or DGAVCDecode.dll and the video referenced is the appropriate file or index file (FFmpeg source for .mkv/DGSource for .dgi/AVCSource for .dga), Ripbot will encode the file locally and will not re-index the file.

(2) If the workaround from my first post is used (editing the ripbot automated avs script when the video file (.mkv with vc1/.mkv with vc1/.mkv with 264) itself is loaded into ripbot to import the avs script), the following occurs:
(A) FFMS: VC1 must be in MKV, otherwise local encoding. If in MKV, re-indexes with FFMS and encodes with distributed encoding using FFMS2 decoding and the OLD FFMSIndex file (the one referenced in the original AVS; I can only assume based on the avs scripts).
(B) DGDecodeNV: VC1 must be in MKV, otherwise local encoding. If in MKV, re-indexes with FFMS and encodes with distributed encoding using DGDecodeNV (got this working with server paths and checked the decoding method by using GPU-Z; GPU load went up during encode and also tested with a non-Nvidia GPU PC as a server which would not start its chunk of the encode as expected since it does not have nvcuvid.dll to do the actual decoding).
(C) DGAVCDecode: 264 must be in MKV, otherwise local encoding. If in MKV, re-indexes with DGAVCIndex and encodes with distributed encoding using the OLD DGAVCIndex file (the one referenced in the original AVS; I can only assume based on the avs scripts).

It seems odd that the workaround above produces the correct result in the end when all is said and done (distributed encoding with a preconfigured AVS script and pre-indexed MKV file using FFMS/DGAVCDecode/DGDecodeNV), but that the MKV has to be the file actually loaded into ripbot (VC1/264 only encode locally), the avs script within ripbot has to be changed (which takes time), and the file is re-indexed even though it doesn't use the index created by ripbot.

Possible Solutions:
- Allow distributed encoding with AVS scripts directly. This should remove the re-indexing problem as well as the need to put the files in MKVs, though this may require Ripbot to grab the path to the DGI/DGA/FFMSIndex files from the AVS script in order to calculate chunks.
- Allow DGI/DGA/FFMSIndex files as inputs. Doing should also look through the folder the files are loaded from and set the internal video script to match the AVS script with the same name as the index file. Loading in an index file as an input can also trigger a "flag" within Ripbot not to re-index the file but to instead look within the index that was inputted. This should also remove the requirement to have the file in an .mkv since the index files and avs files are the ones being loaded and analyzed and then piped into x264 (which can handle the index files as inputs).

If the reindexing issue above could be addressed, that would be awesome. Without reindexing and if the "copy to temp folder" can be replaced with a "move to temp folder" option, I would be able to incorporate Ripbot distributed encoding almost seamlessly into my automation scheme; I would simply have to pipe in the AVS scripts or Index files manually into Ripbot before letting the automation take over again (using a file watch of some sort for the outputs from Ripbot).

TL;DR:
(1) DGDecodeNV works in distributed encoding, but the file is reindexed with FFMS (vc1) or DGAVCIndex (264) before the encode even though DGDecodeNV is used. Possible solutions are allowing distributed encoding with avs files, or allow index files as inputs with flags to not reindex.
(2) Please create a toggle/option to move files to the TEMP folder instead of copy.

deanoboxer
28th January 2016, 20:00
getting an error from my client computer during distributed encoding
Socket Error # 10054
Connection reset by peer

And I can't stop the encode as it just brings up the error again. What could be causing it?

Atak_Snajpera
28th January 2016, 20:08
Firewall ? Probably something is blocking connection.

Connection reset by peer.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET.

For testing purposes kill your firewall everywhere.

ste8s
30th January 2016, 16:04
I've included a screenshot of the window where it says no chapters. Should I show anything else? Thanks!

Bump.

Atak_Snajpera
30th January 2016, 17:05
Are you sure that you are working on correctly decrypted source?

soneca
1st February 2016, 11:57
Atak, what changes to version 1.19.3?

burt123
2nd February 2016, 01:28
Atak, what changes to version 1.19.3?

Yes, another disadvantage of the auto update process...no changelogs :(

Wildfire
2nd February 2016, 09:25
A suggestion: perhaps RipBot264 could show a window with information about the update after it has updated. That way, we would know the changes in the update.

ste8s
3rd February 2016, 07:51

I'm using v1.19.3.

Any ideas? Is this a common issue? I don't know.

burt123
3rd February 2016, 09:54

What if you copied the files you ripped off the old pc, onto the new, and see if that works.

It does sound like it might be a "ripping" problem, what are you using ?

What differences are there between the 2 pc's ?

ste8s
3rd February 2016, 19:02
What if you copied the files you ripped off the old pc, onto the new, and see if that works.

It does sound like it might be a "ripping" problem, what are you using ?

What differences are there between the 2 pc's ?

I'm using MakeMKV at the moment. It's possible that it's MakeMKV and not Ripbot, but I'm not completely sure. Perhaps an update to either of these programs has caused an issue?

About a year ago, I ripped a blu-ray from my library (Monsters Inc) using MakeMKV and Ripbot together. It worked great then. Today I re-ripped this same blu-ray with MakeMKV, and it seemed to be fine. However, Ripbot isn't showing chapters, video, audio, or subtitles in the "select stream" dialog.

All of that said, I did some more digging and found an old MakeMKV rip of a different blu-ray that I ripped about 5 months ago. Ripbot was able to work on it fine on my old computer, and it seems like it's working on my new computer as well.

Basically everything I ripped before September 2015 is working, and everything after isn't. Maybe it wasn't the computer switching, but a coincidental update? Or maybe I forgot to install something crucial? Lots of correlating here, but not a lot of causation.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd February 2016, 20:48
When window pops-up go to temp folder and check what you have in following files

Blu-Ray_structure_info.txt
Blu-Ray_title1_info.txt

ste8s
3rd February 2016, 21:08
When window pops-up go to temp folder and check what you have in following files

Blu-Ray_structure_info.txt
Blu-Ray_title1_info.txt

Blu-Ray_structure_info.txt says (beneath the command line stuff):

1) 00800.mpls, 00012.m2ts, 1:37:55
- Chapters, 16 chapters
- h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- DTS Master Audio, English, multi-channel, 48kHz

2) 00812.mpls, 0:20:14
[280+281+282+283].m2ts
- Chapters, 4 chapters
- h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- AC3, English, stereo, 48kHz

----

Blu-Ray_title_info.txt says (beneath the command line stuff):

The format of the source file could not be detected. <ERROR>

burt123
4th February 2016, 00:14
I'm using MakeMKV at the moment. It's possible that it's MakeMKV and not Ripbot, but I'm not completely sure. Perhaps an update to either of these programs has caused an issue?

Well, when I ever need to rip a Bluray disc, I use AnyDVD HD, works a treat, and I generally rip them to a folder, then use Ripbot to do the rest.

Atak_Snajpera
4th February 2016, 10:30
ste8s
Like I said before most likely source was not correctly decrypted by makemkv.

Atak_Snajpera
4th February 2016, 17:58
Update 2016.02.04
Added: KNLMeansCL denoiser (requires GPU with OpenCL 1.2 support)
Changed: Levels (PC->TV and TV->PC) separated from colors section

dv8r
5th February 2016, 13:55
You're the man Atak, Thanks a ton for the addition of nlmeanscli. Greatly appreciated. Now I have no use for handbrake anymore as that was all I used it for.

soneca
5th February 2016, 18:30
Update 2016.02.04

Thank you!

burt123
6th February 2016, 06:27
Update 2016.02.04

Thanks, should be interesting.

So, 2 more servers, next, please :)

BigM
6th February 2016, 18:00
When I enable "Use Auto-Update" I get the following error message:
'07.10.2015 17:34:06' is not a valid date and time

I think this might be caused by my European date-format. But the date shown is not the current date, it's a date in the past. Screenshot was taken today.

Atak_Snajpera
6th February 2016, 18:10
I do not see it.

BigM
6th February 2016, 18:18
I do not see it.

I suppose I located the problem:
When I change the parameter LastCheck= in updater.ini to a past date in another date format, the udpate works:
LastCheck=2016-01-01 12:12:12

Atak_Snajpera
6th February 2016, 18:19
great!

BigM
6th February 2016, 18:21
I will monitor this and have a look, if the date format switches again next update.

burt123
7th February 2016, 01:17
Update 2016.02.04

Hi Atak, does this denoiser support multiple GPU's, to speed up the process ??

eg:- 2 or more nVidia GTX 580's.

Will DE be utilized as much, as original denoiser is CPU based, and KNLMeansCL is GPU based !!!

Does OpenCL work better with AMD/ATI GPU's ??

Since writing this, I have seen your post on the KNLMeansCL forum, which maybe answering my question re GTX580's....might I need to use a lesser version of KNLMeansCL...eg:-v0.6.11.

From what I can see your "version" is the lastest, which may not support my range of ageing graphics cards :(, although I do have one pc with a GTX680 SOC

Atak_Snajpera
7th February 2016, 11:06
modern amd gpus are generally better with opencl than nvidias. AMD gpus support even OpenCL 2.1 while nvidia stuck in OpenCL 1.2. Please correct me if I'm wrong but sharing resources among (SHARED VIRTUAL MEMORY) gpus requires OpenCL 2.0 .

burt123
7th February 2016, 13:11
modern amd gpus are generally better with opencl than nvidias. AMD gpus support even OpenCL 2.1 while nvidia stuck in OpenCL 1.2. Please correct me if I'm wrong but sharing resources among (SHARED VIRTUAL MEMORY) gpus requires OpenCL 2.0 .

OK, that's interesting, I guess I'll have to do some comparison testing.

So what denoiser will work better with DE ??

Atak_Snajpera
7th February 2016, 13:15
So what denoiser will work better with DE ??
CPU obviously because you do not have to worry whether GPU on some PC supports OpenCL 1.2 or not.

burt123
7th February 2016, 13:27
CPU obviously because you do not have to worry whether GPU on some PC supports OpenCL 1.2 or not.

So, if you DID have other PCs with appropriate GPUs, then what ?

Sorry, but did you answer about multiple GPU's in one PC ??

soneca
7th February 2016, 14:12
Update 2016.02.04

After I updated the nvidia drivers on the PC with the GTX760 card and KNLMeansCL denoiser started to work, but on the other PC with GTX650 board the denoiser does not work even after the update.

E:\>"C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job13\job13.avs" -o - | "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 512 --sar 1:1 --preset slower --tune film --stdin y4m --output "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -
error: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll", Module not found. Install missing library?
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job13\job13.avs, line 29)
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'

Atak_Snajpera
7th February 2016, 15:14
make sure that OpenCL.dll is in C:\Windows\System32 and in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
Also make sure that GTX650 supports OpenCL 1.2
Use this tool -> http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/DevZone/OpenCL/Projects/oclDeviceQuery.zip
oclDeviceQuery.exe

Sorry, but did you answer about multiple GPU's in one PC ??
Requires OpenCL 2.0. NVIDIA cards support only 1.2. Check this http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/2014/10/24/opencl-2-shared-virtual-memory/

So, if you DID have other PCs with appropriate GPUs, then what ?
Then use what works best for you.

burt123
7th February 2016, 16:35
make sure that OpenCL.dll is in C:\Windows\System32 and in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
Also make sure that GTX650 supports OpenCL 1.2
Use this tool -> http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/DevZone/OpenCL/Projects/oclDeviceQuery.zip
oclDeviceQuery.exe

Requires OpenCL 2.0. NVIDIA cards support only 1.2. Check this http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/2014/10/24/opencl-2-shared-virtual-memory/

Then use what works best for you.

OK, thanks, for answering that.

Is there a chance that a lower version of KNLMeansCL might be required for lower spec cards ? (only going on what I understood on the KNLMeansCL forum)

soneca
7th February 2016, 16:53
Thanks!
The GTX 650 supports OpenGL 1.2, confirmed.
Later when I return home I will check if the dll files are present.

burt123
8th February 2016, 01:11
Since writing this, I have seen your post on the KNLMeansCL forum, which maybe answering my question re GTX580's....might I need to use a lesser version of KNLMeansCL...eg:-v0.6.11.

Have checked with "ocl query", and indeed my nVidia cards are v1.2, which means the version of KNLMeansCL you have incorporated into Ripbot doesn't support.

However, my AMD HD6850 cards are OpenCL 2.0 !!

How can I "downgrade" to v0.6.11, so that I have support ??

Also, how do I actually know that the denoiser is working ??

Sorry for all the stupid questions !!!!!

soneca
8th February 2016, 04:11
Files(OpenCL.dll) are there in Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

Log.

D:\Downloads\oclDeviceQuery\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\OpenCL\bin\Win32\Release\oclDeviceQuery.exe Starting...

OpenCL SW Info:

CL_PLATFORM_NAME: NVIDIA CUDA
CL_PLATFORM_VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 8.0.10
OpenCL SDK Revision: 7027912

OpenCL Device Info:

1 devices found supporting OpenCL:

---------------------------------
Device GeForce GTX 650
CL_DEVICE_NAME: GeForce GTX 650
CL_DEVICE_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
CL_DRIVER_VERSION: 361.75
CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA
CL_DEVICE_OPENCL_C_VERSION: OpenCL C 1.2
CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU
CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS: 2
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_ITEM_DIMENSIONS: 3
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_ITEM_SIZES: 1024 / 1024 / 64
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE: 1024
CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY: 1202 MHz
CL_DEVICE_ADDRESS_BITS: 32
CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE: 256 MByte
CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: 1024 MByte
CL_DEVICE_ERROR_CORRECTION_SUPPORT: no
CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_TYPE: local
CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE: 48 KByte
CL_DEVICE_MAX_CONSTANT_BUFFER_SIZE: 64 KByte
CL_DEVICE_QUEUE_PROPERTIES: CL_QUEUE_OUT_OF_ORDER_EXEC_MODE_ENABLE
CL_DEVICE_QUEUE_PROPERTIES: CL_QUEUE_PROFILING_ENABLE
CL_DEVICE_IMAGE_SUPPORT: 1
CL_DEVICE_MAX_READ_IMAGE_ARGS: 256
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WRITE_IMAGE_ARGS: 16
CL_DEVICE_SINGLE_FP_CONFIG: denorms INF-quietNaNs round-to-nearest round-to-zero round-to-inf fma

CL_DEVICE_IMAGE <dim> 2D_MAX_WIDTH 16384
2D_MAX_HEIGHT 16384
3D_MAX_WIDTH 4096
3D_MAX_HEIGHT 4096
3D_MAX_DEPTH 4096

CL_DEVICE_EXTENSIONS: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics
cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics
cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics
cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics
cl_khr_fp64
cl_khr_byte_addressable_store
cl_khr_icd
cl_khr_gl_sharing
cl_nv_compiler_options
cl_nv_device_attribute_query
cl_nv_pragma_unroll
cl_nv_d3d9_sharing
cl_nv_d3d10_sharing
cl_khr_d3d10_sharing
cl_nv_d3d11_sharing

CL_DEVICE_COMPUTE_CAPABILITY_NV: 3.0
NUMBER OF MULTIPROCESSORS: 2
NUMBER OF CUDA CORES: 384
CL_DEVICE_REGISTERS_PER_BLOCK_NV: 65536
CL_DEVICE_WARP_SIZE_NV: 32
CL_DEVICE_GPU_OVERLAP_NV: CL_TRUE
CL_DEVICE_KERNEL_EXEC_TIMEOUT_NV: CL_TRUE
CL_DEVICE_INTEGRATED_MEMORY_NV: CL_FALSE
CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_<t> CHAR 1, SHORT 1, INT 1, LONG 1, FLOAT 1, DOUBLE 1

2D Image Formats Supported (75)
# Channel Order Channel Type

1 CL_R CL_FLOAT
2 CL_R CL_HALF_FLOAT
3 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT8
4 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT16
5 CL_R CL_SNORM_INT16
6 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT8
7 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT16
8 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT32
9 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
10 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
11 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
12 CL_A CL_FLOAT
13 CL_A CL_HALF_FLOAT
14 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT8
15 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT16
16 CL_A CL_SNORM_INT16
17 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT8
18 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT16
19 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT32
20 CL_A CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
21 CL_A CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
22 CL_A CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
23 CL_RG CL_FLOAT
24 CL_RG CL_HALF_FLOAT
25 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT8
26 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT16
27 CL_RG CL_SNORM_INT16
28 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT8
29 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT16
30 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT32
31 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
32 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
33 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
34 CL_RA CL_FLOAT
35 CL_RA CL_HALF_FLOAT
36 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT8
37 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT16
38 CL_RA CL_SNORM_INT16
39 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT8
40 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT16
41 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT32
42 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
43 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
44 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
45 CL_RGBA CL_FLOAT
46 CL_RGBA CL_HALF_FLOAT
47 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT8
48 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT16
49 CL_RGBA CL_SNORM_INT16
50 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT8
51 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT16
52 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT32
53 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
54 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
55 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
56 CL_BGRA CL_UNORM_INT8
57 CL_BGRA CL_SIGNED_INT8
58 CL_BGRA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
59 CL_ARGB CL_UNORM_INT8
60 CL_ARGB CL_SIGNED_INT8
61 CL_ARGB CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
62 CL_INTENSITY CL_FLOAT
63 CL_INTENSITY CL_HALF_FLOAT
64 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT8
65 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT16
66 CL_INTENSITY CL_SNORM_INT16
67 CL_LUMINANCE CL_FLOAT
68 CL_LUMINANCE CL_HALF_FLOAT
69 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT8
70 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT16
71 CL_LUMINANCE CL_SNORM_INT16
72 CL_BGRA CL_SNORM_INT8
73 CL_BGRA CL_SNORM_INT16
74 CL_ARGB CL_SNORM_INT8
75 CL_ARGB CL_SNORM_INT16

3D Image Formats Supported (75)

1 CL_R CL_FLOAT
2 CL_R CL_HALF_FLOAT
3 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT8
4 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT16
5 CL_R CL_SNORM_INT16
6 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT8
7 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT16
8 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT32
9 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
10 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
11 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
12 CL_A CL_FLOAT
13 CL_A CL_HALF_FLOAT
14 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT8
15 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT16
16 CL_A CL_SNORM_INT16
17 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT8
18 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT16
19 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT32
20 CL_A CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
23 CL_RG CL_FLOAT
24 CL_RG CL_HALF_FLOAT
25 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT8
26 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT16
27 CL_RG CL_SNORM_INT16
28 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT8
29 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT16
30 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT32
31 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
32 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
33 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
34 CL_RA CL_FLOAT
35 CL_RA CL_HALF_FLOAT
36 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT8
37 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT16
38 CL_RA CL_SNORM_INT16
39 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT8
40 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT16
41 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT32
42 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
43 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
44 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
45 CL_RGBA CL_FLOAT
46 CL_RGBA CL_HALF_FLOAT
47 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT8
48 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT16
49 CL_RGBA CL_SNORM_INT16
50 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT8
51 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT16
52 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT32
53 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
54 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
55 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
56 CL_BGRA CL_UNORM_INT8
57 CL_BGRA CL_SIGNED_INT8
58 CL_BGRA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
59 CL_ARGB CL_UNORM_INT8
60 CL_ARGB CL_SIGNED_INT8
61 CL_ARGB CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
62 CL_INTENSITY CL_FLOAT
63 CL_INTENSITY CL_HALF_FLOAT
64 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT8
65 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT16
66 CL_INTENSITY CL_SNORM_INT16
67 CL_LUMINANCE CL_FLOAT
68 CL_LUMINANCE CL_HALF_FLOAT
69 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT8
70 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT16
71 CL_LUMINANCE CL_SNORM_INT16
72 CL_BGRA CL_SNORM_INT8
73 CL_BGRA CL_SNORM_INT16
74 CL_ARGB CL_SNORM_INT8
75 CL_ARGB CL_SNORM_INT16

oclDeviceQuery, Platform Name = NVIDIA CUDA, Platform Version = OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 8.0.10, SDK Revision = 7027912, NumDevs = 1, Device = GeForce GTX 650

System Info:

Local Time/Date = 20:54:42, 2/7/2016
CPU Arch: 0
CPU Level: 6
# of CPU processors: 12
Windows Build: 7601
Windows Ver: 6.1 (Windows Vista / Windows 7)

Atak_Snajpera
8th February 2016, 13:00
Have checked with "ocl query", and indeed my nVidia cards are v1.2, which means the version of KNLMeansCL you have incorporated into Ripbot doesn't support.
Version you have in ripbot264 was designed for OpenCL 1.2 so it should work with your gfx card if oclDeviceQuery says that GPU has support for it . Older version 0.6.11 was for OpenCL 1.0.

Also, how do I actually know that the denoiser is working ??
Select denoiser, select denoising strength and click PREVIEW SCRIPT.

burt123
8th February 2016, 13:47
Version you have in ripbot264 was designed for OpenCL 1.2 so it should work with your gfx card if oclDeviceQuery says that GPU has support for it . Older version 0.6.11 was for OpenCL 1.0.

Select denoiser, select denoising strength and click PREVIEW SCRIPT.

Thanks again, you're a patient man :)

mdchaser
10th February 2016, 00:30
This may not be specific to ripbot but has anyone noticed when doing x264/x265 encodes of the same movie using the same settings as a test that the x265 version actually comes out larger? Not what I was expecting and I think I'm missing something obvious here...

burt123
10th February 2016, 02:11
This may not be specific to ripbot but has anyone noticed when doing x264/x265 encodes of the same movie using the same settings as a test that the x265 version actually comes out larger? Not what I was expecting and I think I'm missing something obvious here...

I have only done a few x265 encodes, but yes, I have noticed that some have come out about the same or larger. It must be a bitrate thing.

mdchaser
10th February 2016, 04:30
I have only done a few x265 encodes, but yes, I have noticed that some have come out about the same or larger. It must be a bitrate thing.

Oh good, at least I'm not going crazy... Do you know if you are at least getting better quality given the efficiency of x265? I wouldn't mind larger files if it also means better quality.

dv8r
10th February 2016, 04:37
I'm loving this program. I dreamed about an app like this forever ago. I picked up some cheap refurbished dell's off ebay with i5's and setup a 5 machine cluster so far. Everything is running great. Wake on LAN ran without a hitch. Actually impressed with the dell's. I can get the same fps out of them as an older dual Xeon (X5460) machine, and they run a lot cooler and quieter lol. This is much better than building a new machine with high dollar hardware, and it's faster. My bro just built a dual machine and it was high $$$. Ripbot is faster. I've been playing around some with the TV-PC and tweak settings a bit. HEVC is pretty nice now that it doesn't take forever and a day and I can actually get thru an encode without saying screw this. THANKS Atak!!! Now I need to add some opencl cards and see how good nlmeans looks. Anyone tried the nlmeans yet?

burt123
10th February 2016, 09:47
... Do you know if you are at least getting better quality given the efficiency of x265? I wouldn't mind larger files if it also means better quality.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a really good way of viewing them on my Smart TV, other than via a pc, running PowerDVD.

I wish I had a TV that played HEVC natively :(

Having said that, it does look PRETTY good on a 27" Dell monitor.

Early days for me, with this.

burt123
10th February 2016, 09:55
Now I need to add some opencl cards and see how good nlmeans looks. Anyone tried the nlmeans yet?

May I ask what cards you are thinking of getting ??

I have mainly nVidia cards due to the CUDA support for the other software I like to use......

And I dont think ATI/AMD & nVidia cards play nicely, if they are in the same pc :(

Atak_Snajpera
10th February 2016, 12:46

Remove --aq-strength 2 from your HEVC profile. That option was added as workaround for poor detail preservation in dark areas.
It is no longer needed for latest x265 version.

burt123
11th February 2016, 06:00
Hi Atak,

I think I may have stumbled onto a bug.

When selecting KNLMeansCL, and x265 (10 bit), as soon as you select "Done" to save the job, the info.txt file disappears in that jobs "Job Folder", and as a result, it fails.

But when using HQDN3D, isn't a problem.

I've tested this on 2 very different pc's...same result :(

Atak_Snajpera
11th February 2016, 09:38
Does preview script work with enabled knlmeanscl?

burt123
11th February 2016, 09:42
Does preview script work with enabled knlmeanscl?

Didn't check, as I rarely use the preview.

Will check ASAP, and get back !!!!

Atak_Snajpera
11th February 2016, 10:40
If you do not check so how do you know that selected denoising strength is good ?!?! So basically you chose some random number without even checking how filtered frame looks like ?

burt123
11th February 2016, 10:53
If you do not check so how do you know that selected denoising strength is good ?!?! So basically you chose some random number without even checking how filtered frame looks like ?

Well, my process is that I have been doing this for quite a while now, I just have a "feel" what setting (number) I need to use, to get the desired result, generally it's good, if not, I'll run it thru again...doesn't take that long, with the powerful pc's I have.

I preview what I am going to process first, using VLC, figure out what I think the noise level (which is about all I filter) is, and go from there :)

I generally do final color & volume adjustments with Premiere Pro CC.

burt123
11th February 2016, 10:58
Didn't check, as I rarely use the preview.

Will check ASAP, and get back !!!!

OK, back to this..........

Have done a test, and running Preview, it had some big red text, showing the error msg.

KNLMeansCL:Fatal error
(clBuildProgram: please report Log-KNLMeansCL.txt)

So please find that log txt file attached for you perusal.

There were NO problems when using x264 !!!!

OK, another day, another test...

I loaded another file into Ripbot, chose KNLMeansCL, and did a preview....no problems :), BUT, as soon as I changed the Mono Noise to anything other than "0", it threw up an error in preview.

Cannot load: C:/Users/Documents/Ripbot264v1.19.3/Tools/Avisynth plugins/KNLMeansCL/KNLMeansCL.dll

So quite different the error log.txt I sent thru yesterday.

Hope this sheds a bit more light on the problem (unless it's just me)

dv8r
11th February 2016, 20:23
I'm looking at the radeon firepro cards burt. From everything i'm reading amd is way ahead in opencl. I get much better compression with the slow or slower setting. Quality is great with all the settings but the file size comes from which speed setting I'm in.

burt123
11th February 2016, 22:58
I'm looking at the radeon firepro cards burt. From everything i'm reading amd is way ahead in opencl. I get much better compression with the slow or slower setting. Quality is great with all the settings but the file size comes from which speed setting I'm in.

So would the Firepro be noticably better that the "ordinary" HD or R series cards. Aren't Firepro's pretty expensive ??

Also, have you been using KNLMeans with x265 ??? If so, have you had the problem I've had (refer to previous posts).

Cheers

burt123
12th February 2016, 05:10
OK, another day, more test's...

I loaded another file into Ripbot, chose KNLMeansCL, and did a preview....no problems :), BUT, as soon as I changed the Mono Noise to anything other than "0", it threw up an error in preview.

Cannot load: C:/Users/Documents/Ripbot264v1.19.3/Tools/Avisynth plugins/KNLMeansCL/KNLMeansCL.dll

I need to add that the above error is when using Avisynth +.

If I use Avisynth 2.60 the error message is rather different.

Along the lines of not finding the plugin, and that the missing library needs to be installed.

And now it's happening with both x264 & x265..any KNLMeansCL setting above 0 Mono Noise.

I even went to the trouble of downloading 1.19.2, and ALL the updates, but that didn't help :(.

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2016, 11:30
yes you need avisynth 2.6 instead of +. I'm currently using 2.6.0.6.

burt123
12th February 2016, 12:54
yes you need avisynth 2.6 instead of +. I'm currently using 2.6.0.6.

Yep, that's the version I have, and that's when KNLMeansCL says it can't load the libraries :(

See attached

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2016, 15:07
Do not post images like that unless you want to get response after two weeks.

soneca
12th February 2016, 16:23
Yep, that's the version I have, and that's when KNLMeansCL says it can't load the libraries :(

See attached

This problem should be similar to mine, I'm using version 2.6.0(May 31, 2015) and the video card is compatible with OpenCL 1.2.

E:\>"C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job16\job16.avs" -o - | "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 512 --sar 1:1 --preset slower --tune film --stdin y4m --output "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -
error: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll", Module not found. Install missing library?
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job16\job16.avs, line 29)

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2016, 17:35
Does this file exist in this path "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll" ?

burt123
12th February 2016, 17:55
Does this file exist in this path "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll" ?

Mine is here:-...RipBot264v1.19.3\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll, but not in C:/Programs.

I haven't got a c:/Programs !!! (Windows 10)

Do I need to have the Ripbot folder in a particular place, I thought it was "portable", and I've always had it in the Documents Folder.

As yes, this is also my error.

burt123
12th February 2016, 17:57
Do not post images like that unless you want to get response after two weeks.

I apologize, is it because it takes that long to be "approved" ??

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2016, 18:12
Mine is here:-...RipBot264v1.19.3\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll, but not in C:/Programs.

I haven't got a c:/Programs !!! (Windows 10)

Do I need to have the Ripbot folder in a particular place, I thought it was "portable", and I've always had it in the Documents Folder.

As yes, this is also my error.

It was question for soneca

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2016, 18:14
I apologize, is it because it takes that long to be "approved" ??

Sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks... I'm surprised that you haven't noticed that already ;)

burt123
12th February 2016, 22:59
It was question for soneca

Maybe so, but know I'm "happy" that I am not the only one that is having a problem.

And, DOES Ripbot need to be in a particular location, or IS it portable ???

burt123
12th February 2016, 23:00
Sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks... I'm surprised that you haven't noticed that already ;)

Very rarely attach anything, so no.........:)

soneca
13th February 2016, 00:13

Yes, all right. This file may be corrupted, it was replaced but the message remains.
At least on the other machine is working properly. ;)

http://s20.postimg.org/s8hyawuq5/knl.png

burt123
13th February 2016, 01:55
Yes, all right. This file may be corrupted, it was replaced but the message remains.
At least on the other machine is working properly. ;)

http://s20.postimg.org/s8hyawuq5/knl.png

So you've got problem's on one PC, but not the other ?!?!?

Atak_Snajpera
13th February 2016, 11:16
Most likely knlmeanscl is unable to initialize opencl.dll library. NVIDIA opencl drivers are probably buggy.

soneca
13th February 2016, 12:18
The two PCs have the latest(361.75) drivers from nvidia.

soneca
13th February 2016, 12:33
So you've got problem's on one PC, but not the other ?!?!? Yes, strange that! :confused:

Wildfire
13th February 2016, 12:37
The latest beta is 361.82 which includes a fix for the videocard suddenly becoming an ejectable device. Might try those just for the sake of it.

burt123
13th February 2016, 12:46
Yes, strange that! :confused:

It would be annoying, alright.

Its a shame that Atak has gone to the trouble of adding this feature, and us nVidia users are having problems :(

Well, I'm going to try the latest drivers, and also try the process on one of my AMD carded PC's.

I have to say, I wonder how Handbrake gets it work ???

burt123
14th February 2016, 00:07
The two PCs have the latest(361.75) drivers from nvidia.

How different are the 2 pc's ??

burt123
14th February 2016, 01:19
The latest beta is 361.82 which includes a fix for the videocard suddenly becoming an ejectable device. Might try those just for the sake of it.

Didn't work for me :(

GTX 580, Windows 10 x64 1511

burt123
14th February 2016, 01:24
OK, finally got to test this on an AMD graphics carded PC (HD6850), and it worked a treat.

Also tried with HD4870, Windows 8.1, threw up a "new" error msg, in preview. error=0x7e (Missing DLL, Error 0x7e) apparently.

Try latest nVidia drivers on GTX580, Windows 10, no change, still has problems.

Next test, GTX680, Windows 10.

OK, just did a test on the GTX680 Windows 10 PC, and that works :)

So, is it the GTX580, being too old for this version ??

Atak_Snajpera
14th February 2016, 10:47
yes radeon hd4xxx and gtx580 are too old.

burt123
14th February 2016, 11:36
yes radeon hd4xxx and gtx580 are too old.

Bugger, so that's it, then, no workaround ???

Time to upgrade then :(

So what card do you have ???

So would an R series AMD card do a good enough job, or would it be better to go for a "mid level" FirePro V7900.

Atak_Snajpera
14th February 2016, 11:39
I still have r4850. I recommend some used r7850.

burt123
14th February 2016, 11:47
I still have r4850. I recommend some used r7850.

So that means that you can't use KNLMeansCL, then !!!

Atak_Snajpera
14th February 2016, 11:55
No I can't.

soneca
14th February 2016, 13:35
How different are the 2 pc's ??

Basically the pc that it works using the GTX 760 card and the other does not work that uses the GTX650. But the strange thing is that the two video cards are 100% compatible with OpenCL 1.2 and at least theoretically should work.

Ryushin
14th February 2016, 17:26
Is it possible to add software based NLMeans sometime in the future? My servers only have basic video output to just display the console.

Plus with DE every device would have to have an appropriate card in order to work.

Atak_Snajpera
14th February 2016, 19:12
You can have software NLMeans even now. Replace GPU string with CPU in script.

burt123
14th February 2016, 22:34
You can have software NLMeans even now. Replace GPU string with CPU in script.

You've gotta be kiddin' me !!!!! :confused:

So how come you chose to go down the GPU route ?

#Denoise
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\burt123\Documents\RipBot264v1.19.3\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\burt123\Documents\RipBot264v1.19.3\Tools\AviSynth plugins\flash3kyuu_deband\flash3kyuu_deband.dll")
video=KNLMeansCL(video,d=1, a=2, s=4, h=2, device_type="GPU").f3kdb

Is the above line the one that needs to be changed ???

If so, I DID change the "GPU" to "CPU", and it didn't change anything :(

soneca
15th February 2016, 00:36
I had tried the CPU did not work.
PC does not work GPU, the same message.
E:\>"C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job16\job16.avs" -o - | "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 512 --sar 1:1 --preset slower --tune film --stdin y4m --output "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -

PC running GPU the message changes.
E:\>"C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job41\job41.avs" -o - | "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 512 --sar 1:1 --preset slower --stdin y4m --output "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -
error: KNLMeansCL: no compatible opencl platforms available!
(OpenCL 1.2 API)
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job41\job41.avs, line 31)

burt123
15th February 2016, 02:09
Basically the pc that it works using the GTX 760 card and the other does not work that uses the GTX650. But the strange thing is that the two video cards are 100% compatible with OpenCL 1.2 and at least theoretically should work.

Hey, up until a short time ago, I couldn't get my GTX650 to work, but since installing these :-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

it does :)

I think it was the x86 version that did it, but they are small, so try what hopefully will work for you.

burt123
15th February 2016, 02:11
I had tried the CPU did not work.
PC does not work GPU, the same message.

PC running GPU the message changes.
E:\>"C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job41\job41.avs" -o - | "C:\Programas\RipBot264v1.19.2\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 512 --sar 1:1 --preset slower --stdin y4m --output "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -
error: KNLMeansCL: no compatible opencl platforms available!
(OpenCL 1.2 API)
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job41\job41.avs, line 31)

It also seems that you need a CPU that supports OpenCL, and I think it's only the fairly new generation of Intel CPU's that do.

So what CPU's are you running ???

mdchaser
15th February 2016, 06:26
Remove --aq-strength 2 from your HEVC profile. That option was added as workaround for poor detail preservation in dark areas.
It is no longer needed for latest x265 version.

Thank you sir that did it! Encodes are now about 40% smaller than when using x264.

Do you think x265 has hit a point where it is "better" than x264 or does it still have a long way to go? I'm trying to decide on which codec to use since 99% of my viewing is done on a computer.

soneca
15th February 2016, 12:55
It also seems that you need a CPU that supports OpenCL, and I think it's only the fairly new generation of Intel CPU's that do.

So what CPU's are you running ???

I think any Intel that supports the SSE4.1 supports OpenCL.
My older processor(i7 980X) supports SSE4.2.

This version of Visual C++ is already installed.

burt123
15th February 2016, 13:48
I think any Intel that supports the SSE4.1 supports OpenCL.
My older processor(i7 980X) supports SSE4.2.

This version of Visual C++ is already installed.

So to get the CPU to use open cl...there must be driver or something !?!?

So you still can't get your 650 to work, then ?? It got mine working.

Wildfire
15th February 2016, 14:34
OpenCL runs on your videocard, so if you have an add-on videocard it will run on that - if supported by the videocard. If you have an Intel CPU with integrated graphics which support OpenCL, the CPU videocard needs to be enabled.

Atak_Snajpera
15th February 2016, 15:00
So how come you chose to go down the GPU route ?
because CPU route is extremely sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
FRAME SIZE: 1920x1080
CPU: Intel XEON E5-2690 2,9 GHz (8C/16T)
http://i.cubeupload.com/NVmAod.png

So to get the CPU to use open cl...there must be driver or something !?!?
It looks like that NVIDIA OpenCL platform does not see CPU as compatible OpenCL device. If you had AMD OpenCL platform installed you would get also this

C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\OpenCL\bin\Win32\Release\oclDeviceQuery.exe Starting...

OpenCL SW Info:

WARNING: NVIDIA OpenCL platform not found - defaulting to first platform!

CL_PLATFORM_NAME: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
CL_PLATFORM_VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (937.2)
OpenCL SDK Revision: 7027912

OpenCL Device Info:

2 devices found supporting OpenCL:

Device ATI RV770
CL_DEVICE_NAME: ATI RV770
CL_DEVICE_VENDOR: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
CL_DRIVER_VERSION: CAL 1.4.1734
CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 1.0 AMD-APP (937.2)
CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU
CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS: 10
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_ITEM_SIZES: 256 / 256 / 256
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE: 256
CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY: 625 MHz
CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE: 128 MByte
CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: 256 MByte
CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_TYPE: global
CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE: 16 KByte
CL_DEVICE_IMAGE_SUPPORT: 0
CL_DEVICE_MAX_READ_IMAGE_ARGS: 0
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WRITE_IMAGE_ARGS: 0
CL_DEVICE_SINGLE_FP_CONFIG: INF-quietNaNs round-to-nearest round-to-zero round-to-inf fma

CL_DEVICE_IMAGE <dim> 2D_MAX_WIDTH 0
2D_MAX_HEIGHT 0
3D_MAX_WIDTH 0
3D_MAX_HEIGHT 0
3D_MAX_DEPTH 0

CL_DEVICE_EXTENSIONS: cl_khr_fp64
cl_amd_fp64
cl_khr_gl_sharing
cl_amd_device_attribute_query
cl_khr_d3d10_sharing

CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_<t> CHAR 16, SHORT 8, INT 4, LONG 2, FLOAT 4, DOUBLE 2

Device Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
CL_DEVICE_NAME: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
CL_DEVICE_VENDOR: GenuineIntel
CL_DRIVER_VERSION: 2.0 (sse2,avx)
CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (937.2)
CL_DEVICE_OPENCL_C_VERSION: OpenCL C 1.2
CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS: 16
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_ITEM_SIZES: 1024 / 1024 / 1024
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE: 1024
CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY: 2901 MHz
CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE: 1024 MByte
CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: 2048 MByte
CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_TYPE: global
CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE: 32 KByte
CL_DEVICE_IMAGE_SUPPORT: 1
CL_DEVICE_MAX_READ_IMAGE_ARGS: 128
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WRITE_IMAGE_ARGS: 8
CL_DEVICE_SINGLE_FP_CONFIG: denorms INF-quietNaNs round-to-nearest round-to-zero round-to-inf fma

CL_DEVICE_IMAGE <dim> 2D_MAX_WIDTH 8192
2D_MAX_HEIGHT 8192
3D_MAX_WIDTH 2048
3D_MAX_HEIGHT 2048
3D_MAX_DEPTH 2048

CL_DEVICE_EXTENSIONS: cl_khr_fp64
cl_amd_fp64
cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics
cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics
cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics
cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics
cl_khr_byte_addressable_store
cl_khr_gl_sharing
cl_ext_device_fission
cl_amd_device_attribute_query
cl_amd_vec3
cl_amd_printf
cl_amd_media_ops
cl_amd_popcnt
cl_khr_d3d10_sharing

CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_<t> CHAR 16, SHORT 8, INT 4, LONG 2, FLOAT 4, DOUBLE 0

2D Image Formats Supported (80)

1 CL_R CL_SNORM_INT8
2 CL_R CL_SNORM_INT16
3 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT8
4 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT16
5 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT8
6 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT16
7 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT32
8 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
9 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
10 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
11 CL_R CL_HALF_FLOAT
12 CL_R CL_FLOAT
13 CL_A CL_SNORM_INT8
14 CL_A CL_SNORM_INT16
15 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT8
16 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT16
17 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT8
18 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT16
19 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT32
20 CL_A CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
23 CL_A CL_HALF_FLOAT
24 CL_A CL_FLOAT
25 CL_RG CL_SNORM_INT8
26 CL_RG CL_SNORM_INT16
27 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT8
28 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT16
29 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT8
30 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT16
31 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT32
32 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
33 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
34 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
35 CL_RG CL_HALF_FLOAT
36 CL_RG CL_FLOAT
37 CL_RGBA CL_SNORM_INT8
38 CL_RGBA CL_SNORM_INT16
39 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT8
40 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT16
41 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT8
42 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT16
43 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT32
44 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
45 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
46 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
47 CL_RGBA CL_HALF_FLOAT
48 CL_RGBA CL_FLOAT
49 CL_ARGB CL_SNORM_INT8
50 CL_ARGB CL_UNORM_INT8
51 CL_ARGB CL_SIGNED_INT8
52 CL_ARGB CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
53 CL_BGRA CL_SNORM_INT8
54 CL_BGRA CL_UNORM_INT8
55 CL_BGRA CL_SIGNED_INT8
56 CL_BGRA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
57 CL_LUMINANCE CL_SNORM_INT8
58 CL_LUMINANCE CL_SNORM_INT16
59 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT8
60 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT16
61 CL_LUMINANCE CL_HALF_FLOAT
62 CL_LUMINANCE CL_FLOAT
63 CL_INTENSITY CL_SNORM_INT8
64 CL_INTENSITY CL_SNORM_INT16
65 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT8
66 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT16
67 CL_INTENSITY CL_HALF_FLOAT
68 CL_INTENSITY CL_FLOAT
69 CL_RA CL_SNORM_INT8
70 CL_RA CL_SNORM_INT16
71 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT8
72 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT16
73 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT8
74 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT16
75 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT32
76 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
77 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
78 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
79 CL_RA CL_HALF_FLOAT
80 CL_RA CL_FLOAT

3D Image Formats Supported (80)

1 CL_R CL_SNORM_INT8
2 CL_R CL_SNORM_INT16
3 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT8
4 CL_R CL_UNORM_INT16
5 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT8
6 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT16
7 CL_R CL_SIGNED_INT32
8 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
9 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
10 CL_R CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
11 CL_R CL_HALF_FLOAT
12 CL_R CL_FLOAT
13 CL_A CL_SNORM_INT8
14 CL_A CL_SNORM_INT16
15 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT8
16 CL_A CL_UNORM_INT16
17 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT8
18 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT16
19 CL_A CL_SIGNED_INT32
20 CL_A CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
23 CL_A CL_HALF_FLOAT
24 CL_A CL_FLOAT
25 CL_RG CL_SNORM_INT8
26 CL_RG CL_SNORM_INT16
27 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT8
28 CL_RG CL_UNORM_INT16
29 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT8
30 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT16
31 CL_RG CL_SIGNED_INT32
32 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
33 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
34 CL_RG CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
35 CL_RG CL_HALF_FLOAT
36 CL_RG CL_FLOAT
37 CL_RGBA CL_SNORM_INT8
38 CL_RGBA CL_SNORM_INT16
39 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT8
40 CL_RGBA CL_UNORM_INT16
41 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT8
42 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT16
43 CL_RGBA CL_SIGNED_INT32
44 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
45 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
46 CL_RGBA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
47 CL_RGBA CL_HALF_FLOAT
48 CL_RGBA CL_FLOAT
49 CL_ARGB CL_SNORM_INT8
50 CL_ARGB CL_UNORM_INT8
51 CL_ARGB CL_SIGNED_INT8
52 CL_ARGB CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
53 CL_BGRA CL_SNORM_INT8
54 CL_BGRA CL_UNORM_INT8
55 CL_BGRA CL_SIGNED_INT8
56 CL_BGRA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
57 CL_LUMINANCE CL_SNORM_INT8
58 CL_LUMINANCE CL_SNORM_INT16
59 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT8
60 CL_LUMINANCE CL_UNORM_INT16
61 CL_LUMINANCE CL_HALF_FLOAT
62 CL_LUMINANCE CL_FLOAT
63 CL_INTENSITY CL_SNORM_INT8
64 CL_INTENSITY CL_SNORM_INT16
65 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT8
66 CL_INTENSITY CL_UNORM_INT16
67 CL_INTENSITY CL_HALF_FLOAT
68 CL_INTENSITY CL_FLOAT
69 CL_RA CL_SNORM_INT8
70 CL_RA CL_SNORM_INT16
71 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT8
72 CL_RA CL_UNORM_INT16
73 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT8
74 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT16
75 CL_RA CL_SIGNED_INT32
76 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT8
77 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT16
78 CL_RA CL_UNSIGNED_INT32
79 CL_RA CL_HALF_FLOAT
80 CL_RA CL_FLOAT

oclDeviceQuery, Platform Name = AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, Platform Version = OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (937.2), SDK Revision = 7027912, NumDevs = 2, Device = ATI RV770, Device = Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz

System Info:

Local Time/Date = 18:40:7, 2/3/2016
CPU Arch: 0
CPU Level: 6
# of CPU processors: 16
Windows Build: 7601
Windows Ver: 6.1 (Windows Vista / Windows 7)

dv8r
16th February 2016, 05:33
OpenCl on Nvidia cards is lacking. AMD has Opencl 2.0 and Nvidia seems to be stuck on 1.2. Nvidia would rather see CUDA prevail over opencl, so I wouldn't expect much from them. And it's with all apps. I've had just as much troubles with Adobe Premiere trying to use opencl and cuda. It's pretty new stuff. From reading up on it people seem to have much less hassle with AMD gpu's and Opencl. But even then you can run into issues with certain cards not being recognized etc.
Thanks for giving us the option to try gpu denoising Atak. Will figure it all out soon enough. There aren't many programs giving people the option at the moment. Handbrake uses CPU NLMeans and yes it is painfully slow. But I have seen some great quality and compression using it as well if you can bare the wait. You're on the bleeding edge lol. The quality with any CUDA based encoders suck bad. Theyre fast but terrible quality. Using OpenCl for denoising/scaling seems like a great way to speed things up and still use x264 and x265. Using Premiere and H.264 produces some terrible looking quality. Terrible compared to ripbot and HEVC or AVC. I still can't figure out why everyone writing an encoding app doesn't have distributed encoding. Glad you figured that out!!!

burt123
16th February 2016, 06:19
OpenCl on Nvidia cards is lacking. AMD has Opencl 2.0 and Nvidia seems to be stuck on 1.2. Nvidia would rather see CUDA prevail over opencl, so I wouldn't expect much from them. And it's with all apps. I've had just as much troubles with Adobe Premiere trying to use opencl and cuda. It's pretty new stuff. From reading up on it people seem to have much less hassle with AMD gpu's and Opencl. But even then you can run into issues with certain cards not being recognized etc.
Thanks for giving us the option to try gpu denoising Atak. Will figure it all out soon enough. There aren't many programs giving people the option at the moment. Handbrake uses CPU NLMeans and yes it is painfully slow. But I have seen some great quality and compression using it as well if you can bare the wait. You're on the bleeding edge lol. The quality with any CUDA based encoders suck bad. Theyre fast but terrible quality. Using OpenCl for denoising/scaling seems like a great way to speed things up and still use x264 and x265. Using Premiere and H.264 produces some terrible looking quality. Terrible compared to ripbot and HEVC or AVC. I still can't figure out why everyone writing an encoding app doesn't have distributed encoding. Glad you figured that out!!!

Well said :)

dv8r
16th February 2016, 21:03
I got the same red message as you Burt about not finding the .dll file. I'm not chasing it down much because I'm using an old card which I suppose isn't supported. It is crazy that amd drivers say the card should be compatible but it's in the nlmeans readme that the older cards just aren't supported. One frustrating thing about opencl and cuda. So there's no reason for me to chase a ghost at this point. I'll upgrade cards soon enough and see how that goes. I've looked at the firepro cards because I need a shorter card for my nodes as they are thin desktops. Gonna have to find the lowest end firepro's/radeon that will be supported because of power requirements with these Dell power supplies. They don't give you many options when it comes to graphics cards. I have read that the professional cards are more catered for opencl type work than the radeon's. Radeons are more for gaming etc. Either way I'll let ya know what works for me when I get to that point. That's about all we can do is see what works and what doesn't. The good thing is you did get a newer card to work.

dv8r
17th February 2016, 01:28
Hey Atak I had a question about wake on Lan. I initially had it running (I thought) then it started not working so well. I have always inserted a MAC address with colons for seperators such as 1K:H7:K8:90 etc. After going thru my nodes meticulously and pulling bios batteries, triple checking settings in bios and for my network adapters I still couldn't get it working consistently. So I tried some other wake on lan apps for windows and they were all working as they should. They of course had scanned my network and got the MAC address on their own. I noticed the mac address in those apps were using a - for a seperator. I tried this and all seems to be working now. So for instance MAC address 1K-H7-K8-90-A1 etc. Now when the distributed encoding window displays my nodes awake as they should. I was curious if there was anyway to have the main machine query an offline node to start encoding every so often in case a node restarts during an encode. I'm not sure why this has happened several times to me where a node drops offline and doesn't restart during the encode. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

dv8r
17th February 2016, 02:24
Forgot to ask in the previous post, if there were a way to send Wake packets to a node when you click the ON button in DE window also. For if a node were to go into sleep mode it would wake when trying to turn it ON.

dv8r
18th February 2016, 00:13
So I decided to see why I was getting the error that ripbot couldn't find the knlmeancl.dll file. I eventually went and downloaded the older version of knlmeanscl from github and inserted it into my ripbot folder. The 64 bit version wouldn't work but ripbot sees the 32 bit version. So I got past that hurdle. I'm not sure why it won't see the knlmeanscl.dll file that is originally in the folder. Corrupted maybe or the wrong version?? I am running windows 10 64 bit. Now ripbot just says there isn't a opencl device. My card is old of course. Strange that my radeon control panel still says I have opencl 2.0 installed. I wish all this stuff could be backwards compatible. Not sure why it isn't.

burt123
18th February 2016, 06:25
So I decided to see why I was getting the error that ripbot couldn't find the knlmeancl.dll file. I eventually went and downloaded the older version of knlmeanscl from github and inserted it into my ripbot folder. The 64 bit version wouldn't work but ripbot sees the 32 bit version. So I got past that hurdle. I'm not sure why it won't see the knlmeanscl.dll file that is originally in the folder. Corrupted maybe or the wrong version?? I am running windows 10 64 bit. Now ripbot just says there isn't a opencl device. My card is old of course. Strange that my radeon control panel still says I have opencl 2.0 installed. I wish all this stuff could be backwards compatible. Not sure why it isn't.

Hey, I tried the older version from github (v0.6.11 or whatever), copied (well basically what you did), and all I got was a different error message (on an nVidia card, Windows 8.1 & 10 x64)

What card are you trying to use ??

dv8r
18th February 2016, 16:49
I'm not really trying to use this old card, it's an hd5500. But I knew ripbot should at least see the .dll file because it was in the directory. The only file ripbot would see was the 32 bit .dll file. Then my error changed from not finding the .dll in my ripbot folder to not having a opencl device. Now I could at least run it on CPU if I wanted to but it is very slow. Before I got ripbot to see the .dll I couldn't change the script to CPU because it couldn't find the .dll for whatever reason.

Atak_Snajpera
18th February 2016, 17:39
You must use x86 version of KLNMeansCL due to installed AviSynth x86.
Run http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/DevZone/OpenCL/Projects/oclDeviceQuery.zip to see if hd5500 has proper support for OpenCL

kensiko35
18th February 2016, 18:37
Hey Atak, I was shown your application from another forum guy. This is pretty amazing. I used HandBrake for a while now simply because it is much faster than many others, this is what really matters to me, speed !

I didn't try your application yet, I don't have a second powerful computer at home. But I was wandering if I should buy a Intel 8 cores CPU or get another Intel quad core. My concern is about bandwidth, I'm on powerline Ethernet here all over my house. It would be great if I could put the other computer in the garage, but I will not get more than 2 MB per second (bytes, not bites). It is pretty reliable though, unlike wifi.:thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
18th February 2016, 19:46
It would be great if I could put the other computer in the garage, but I will not get more than 2 MB per second (bytes, not bites). It is pretty reliable though, unlike wifi.
DE mode works fine even via Wi-Fi . If you can stream (watch) video file without any fps drops via your network then it should be all ok.

I used HandBrake for a while now simply because it is much faster than many others, this is what really matters to me, speed !
Encoding preset determines speed.

kensiko35
19th February 2016, 00:19
DE mode works fine even via Wi-Fi . If you can stream (watch) video file without any fps drops via your network then it should be all ok.

Encoding preset determines speed.
Thanks.

So now as I see your app can use the gpu to encode ? I have a hd7800, would it be much faster than my 2500k @ 4.5 ghz ?

dv8r
19th February 2016, 03:34
I have 4 nodes on ethernet and I will put my laptop online via wifi at times. The wifi usually takes about 5-10 seconds longer to load the file. Not too shabby at all. Not when you consider the amount of time you're saving having multiple machines working on a file. It's a great program. I'm doing a x265 encode now at 45 fps with 1 ancient and 3 older machines. Can't beat that.

omegaeel
19th February 2016, 06:18
I love this program, been using it for over a year. But lately I've been having an issue with the error text "Source file could not be indexed". It only comes up with DE enabled.

I've had this happen with v1.19.3, with mp4s and mkvs, Windows 10 and Windows 7. I've tried switching to a different Temp folder through Ripbot264.ini, but this seems to be ignored. I'm running it as Administrator, I can access the shared Temp from other PCs on the LAN.

What am I missing?

Atak_Snajpera
19th February 2016, 13:45
I love this program, been using it for over a year. But lately I've been having an issue with the error text "Source file could not be indexed". It only comes up with DE enabled.

I've had this happen with v1.19.3, with mp4s and mkvs, Windows 10 and Windows 7. I've tried switching to a different Temp folder through Ripbot264.ini, but this seems to be ignored. I'm running it as Administrator, I can access the shared Temp from other PCs on the LAN.

What am I missing?
When you get that message run this in command console and see what happens. (post screenshot)

Change X to correct drive letter

"\\[YOUR-PC-NAME]\Ripbot264temp\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffmsindex.exe" -f -k "X:\temp\Ripbot264temp\Job1\video.mkv"'

So now as I see your app can use the gpu to encode ?
GPU is only used for denoising. Encoder runs purely on CPU.

omegaeel
19th February 2016, 21:35
When you get that message run this in command console and see what happens. (post screenshot)

Change X to correct drive letter

"\\[YOUR-PC-NAME]\Ripbot264temp\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffmsindex.exe" -f -k "X:\temp\Ripbot264temp\Job1\video.mkv"'

GPU is only used for denoising. Encoder runs purely on CPU.

Screen cap: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5obpoqsyjf81gw/screencap.png?dl=0

The command did create "video.mkv.ffindex", I attempted to rerun the encode and this time a window popped up saying it could not open "info.txt", even though I saw it was there when I ran ffmsindex. In the directory "info.txt" was now gone.

burt123
20th February 2016, 01:27
I see that Khanattila has posted an updated version.

Atak_Snajpera
20th February 2016, 13:43
Screen cap: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5obpoqsyjf81gw/screencap.png?dl=0

The command did create "video.mkv.ffindex", I attempted to rerun the encode and this time a window popped up saying it could not open "info.txt", even though I saw it was there when I ran ffmsindex. In the directory "info.txt" was now gone.

I asked you to use specific NETWORK path ("\\[YOUR-PC-NAME]\...). You used local path.

bcn_246
20th February 2016, 14:57
Just wondered, when using networked encoding is the resulting quality any lower than single machine? How exactly is the encode spread (I assume it is by segmenting the video).

Atak_Snajpera
20th February 2016, 15:39
Just wondered, when using networked encoding is the resulting quality any lower than single machine?
In CQ mode quality is the same. In 2-pass mode should be also almost the same due to added Bitrate Distribution Optimization
https://www.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1729404#post1729404

billqs
20th February 2016, 16:20
Can someone tell me where the logs are kept. I'm having trouble backing up one of my discs. Previously, I've just had to adjust something in the .ini program and it would work, but I've had no success with it. I keep getting a Demux error.

Atak_Snajpera
20th February 2016, 17:49
go to job folder and locate demuxlog.txt

billqs
20th February 2016, 19:49
go to job folder and locate demuxlog.txt

I've attached the demuxlog.txt. Looks like there may be trouble reading the source, unless that points to something else.

Thanks for all your help! I used your program for several years and it's been a lifesaver!

EDIT: I tried cleaning the media even though it appears clean. I also tried another blu-ray drive in my PC, still getting same results.
EDIT: For some reason it didn't show the log I had uploaded so here it is:
eac3to v3.31
command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot 264\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\" 1) 2: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_1_English.core.dts" -core 5: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\5_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 6: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\6_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 1: "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, 1:36:53, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 24 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
4: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48kHz
5: Subtitle (PGS), English
6: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[s05] Extracting subtitle track number 5...
[s06] Extracting subtitle track number 6...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Extracting DTS core...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a03] Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_1_English.core.dts"...
[s05] Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\5_subtitles_English_1080.sup"...
[s06] Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\6_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup"...
Reading the source file failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 4269801472. <ERROR>

omegaeel
20th February 2016, 23:03
I asked you to use specific NETWORK path ("\\[YOUR-PC-NAME]\...). You used local path.

It doesn't work. The Ripbot264temp network share points to the directory with the job1 files, not the shared tools. Ripbot264.ini still lists StoreTempFilesin=TEMP

kwangkwang
20th February 2016, 23:58
Hi
I am using 20 cores 40 threads (2 x E5-2660v2) to perform x265 10bit.
Unlike x264 where all cores are fully utilised, the maximum number of cores use for x265 are 16 cores. Increasing number of encoding servers has no effect to use the remaining idle 4 cores.

Is there something that I need to tweak for x265 to use all cores or is it a limit that x265 use max 16 cores?

mdchaser
21st February 2016, 02:32
Hi
Unlike x264 where all cores are fully utilised, the maximum number of cores use for x265 are 16 cores. Increasing number of encoding servers has no effect to use the remaining idle 4 cores.

Is there something that I need to tweak for x265 to use all cores or is it a limit that x265 use max 16 cores?

I may be reading this wrong but it sounds like you are trying to use two NUMA nodes on the same machine to encode? If that is the case I would recommend loading two VMs, giving them each 10 or 20 cores and set them to not cross NUMA boundaries. You will get noticeably better performance and should be able to more fully utilize your hardware. Good luck! And might I ask which settings you are using for x265? I'm using CRF 18 with the goal of getting near perfect encodes but I think the scale is different than it was with x264.

Atak_Snajpera
21st February 2016, 18:31
Fixed: EncodingClient couldn't copy tools to temp folder if user chose "StoreTempFilesIn=TEMP"

Ma
21st February 2016, 19:31
Unlike x264 where all cores are fully utilised, the maximum number of cores use for x265 are 16 cores.

It could be related to commit 10983 https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/commits/e1adac00dce8e5641cbe9aec3d50a72261c308d9

x265 team tested this patch only on Linux systems. On Windows it is big slow-down change -- on 2 NUMA system with 48 logical cores up to 50% maximum speed.

There are 2 simple solutions:
1) please add '--pools 20,20' option to x265 command line,
2) you can test x265 builds from page www.msystem.waw.pl/x265 (not clean builds which are without changes) -- if you take x265 binaries from yellow background (VS 2015, version >= 1.9+15) you can run it without any changes in options.

This problem is under investigation by x265 team, so please report back what you observe.

Balthazar2k4
21st February 2016, 22:31
I haven't used RipBot in ages, but is there some way to stop it from converting TrueHD to FLAC? I only need RipBot to encode video and leave all of the audio alone.

kwangkwang
22nd February 2016, 01:30
I may be reading this wrong but it sounds like you are trying to use two NUMA nodes on the same machine to encode? If that is the case I would recommend loading two VMs, giving them each 10 or 20 cores and set them to not cross NUMA boundaries. You will get noticeably better performance and should be able to more fully utilize your hardware. Good luck! And might I ask which settings you are using for x265? I'm using CRF 18 with the goal of getting near perfect encodes but I think the scale is different than it was with x264.

Thanks for the idea.

I just sold off the setup. Going to replacing them with 2 machines each running E3-1275Lv3 and E3-1260Lv5 respectively. Might build a third for third DE.

I am using X265 10 bit in CRF17 after comparing a sample scene color histogram with the original. I am not very techy into the tweaking of x26X parameter. Port over most of what x264 parameter had. It is just a single sample scene compare and the histogram matching to the original as close as possible.:)

kwangkwang
22nd February 2016, 01:33
I haven't used RipBot in ages, but is there some way to stop it from converting TrueHD to FLAC? I only need RipBot to encode video and leave all of the audio alone.

Don't do audio?
mkvmerge the original file audio and new video later.

billqs
22nd February 2016, 02:18
Well, I don't know why Ripbot wouldn't rip my disc, but Handbrake did without a problem. I much prefer Ripbot, but every so often I get a film Ripbot just won't rip, which is crazy since I believe both program use the same tools.

dv8r
22nd February 2016, 09:52
Hey Atak, I've got the wake on LAN working nicely now that I figured out the MAC address formats. One issue I'm seeing is ripbot brings all machines online great on the first video but if I have several videos in a batch after the first finishes it will shut down my nodes (as I want it to) but when the next video starts my nodes stay offline. I have it set to put the nodes to sleep after an encode but is there a way to wake them when the next video starts creating chunks? I could set the shutdown method to no action but it is a nice feature to have them shut down as soon as the encodes are done. Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
22nd February 2016, 11:43
ripbot shutdowns servers only if ALL JOBS in queue are done. Maybe you should disable some power options in windows. Something tells me that windows shutdowns your servers not main pc.

Ronski
22nd February 2016, 13:46

This has caught me out a few times, I now extract just the video with MKV Toolnix, then after RipBot I use it again to merge the audio/subtitles/chapters back in.

omegaeel
23rd February 2016, 07:01
Fixed: EncodingClient couldn't copy tools to temp folder if user chose "StoreTempFilesIn=TEMP"

Fix worked as far the "Source file could not be indexed" error.

Now a window pops up after indexing and says "Cannot open file" referring to "info.txt"

Screencap: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcdxmlxeczrb13b/screencap2.png?dl=0

burt123
23rd February 2016, 09:09
Screencap: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcdxmlxeczrb13b/screencap2.png?dl=0

Not that again :(

dv8r
24th February 2016, 03:17
I've went through all my power settings 100 times. They're all the same and I've read a ton on the correct settings for these nodes. I have all the power saver settings off. Crazy thing is 3 of my nodes will wake everytime but one won't. Exact same computers, settings, OS. Bios settings the same etc. I've been watching it like a hawk trying to figure out exactly what the problem is. It's not a huge deal but I'm away from home a lot so I do stuff remotely with teamviewer. Sucks when I'm away and can't get a node to Wake. As for why the nodes shut down immediately after a video is encoded and then won't awake when the next video starts I'm not sure why this is. Maybe it's a Window's deal. Good thing is as long as they're all running the app works great.

Atak_Snajpera
24th February 2016, 14:30
I've went through all my power settings 100 times. They're all the same and I've read a ton on the correct settings for these nodes. I have all the power saver settings off. Crazy thing is 3 of my nodes will wake everytime but one won't. Exact same computers, settings, OS. Bios settings the same etc. I've been watching it like a hawk trying to figure out exactly what the problem is. It's not a huge deal but I'm away from home a lot so I do stuff remotely with teamviewer. Sucks when I'm away and can't get a node to Wake. As for why the nodes shut down immediately after a video is encoded and then won't awake when the next video starts I'm not sure why this is. Maybe it's a Window's deal. Good thing is as long as they're all running the app works great.

You should see this when ripbot shutdowns servers
http://i.cubeupload.com/f5SSST.png

Like I said before this only happens if all jobs in queue are done.

If servers shutdown automatically without any command from main pc this would mean that operating system decided to do that for you.
Keep in mind that Wake-ON-Lan works only if pc is phisically connected with router. You can't wake up device which was connected via wi-fi.

dv8r
24th February 2016, 23:19
Thanks Atak, I've never seen that on mine. My nodes are on a wired connection. I'll keep going through my network adapter settings and BIOS settings. It has to be something in those. There are a lot of settings that affect wake on LAN I'm finding.

Ronski
25th February 2016, 07:11
I once had a pc that used to go to sleep whilst ripbot was running with four cores loaded 100%, never did figure it out.

burt123
26th February 2016, 07:25
I have an interesting scenario that needs to be solved.
As a way of using KNLMeansCL, and "old fashioned" CUDA support for other programs on the one PC, I have installed a GTX 580,and a GTX 650.
The 580 is for the "old" stuff, and the 650 is to "trick" KNLMeansCL into using the 650, as it's supported.
But alas, it doesn't work...UNLESS the 580 is disabled.
I'm wondering if its something to do with the 580 being the Primary Card in the system !!
Would a BIOS setting or re positioning them on the motherboard would change their "priority"

Any suggestions ???

Atak_Snajpera
26th February 2016, 13:34
You can select which device you want to use with this switch. 0 = first device , 1 = second , 2 - third and so on.
http://i.cubeupload.com/P1Hipq.png

burt123
27th February 2016, 02:36
You can select which device you want to use with this switch. 0 = first device , 1 = second , 2 - third and so on.
http://i.cubeupload.com/P1Hipq.png

Hi Atak, thanks for that, but I could not get it to work without still having to disable the 580 in Device Manager.

However, it does seem to work with the latest version of KNLMeansCL v.0.7.5, (from the other forum).

I downloaded it a few days ago, and included in the download were some "different" opencl.dll's that have to copied into Windows folders, and also a newer version of MS Visual C++ 2015 (links also provided on the other forum)......

Anyway, seems to work for me, so now 2 more questions :-

When using DE with KNLMeansCL, and this particular PC is "helping", what GPU is it going to choose ??, or would it also need that switch ??

And adding that switch, would be required for encoding from that PC, is there a way to make that switch the default setting ??

dv8r
29th February 2016, 06:55
I wonder how well opencl on the newer intel processors stacks up to using the gpu. I'm sure the performance is much lower than a graphics card. I've been looking into it since my slimline desktops don't have many options for upgrading gpu due to power requirements. It'd be easier to just upgrade mobo and a processor that supports opencl than trying to get a compatible card and big enough power supply in them. Anyone tried opencl with a newer i7? Either way I don't really understand why knlmeanscl can't be compiled to be backwards compatible with all opencl compliant cards. It makes it confusing with what works and what doesn't. I'm sure it makes it hard to implement into ripbot as well.

burt123
29th February 2016, 09:29
I wonder how well opencl on the newer intel processors stacks up to using the gpu. I'm sure the performance is much lower than a graphics card. I've been looking into it since my slimline desktops don't have many options for upgrading gpu due to power requirements. It'd be easier to just upgrade mobo and a processor that supports opencl than trying to get a compatible card and big enough power supply in them. Anyone tried opencl with a newer i7? Either way I don't really understand why knlmeanscl can't be compiled to be backwards compatible with all opencl compliant cards. It makes it confusing with what works and what doesn't. I'm sure it makes it hard to implement into ripbot as well.

I'd also like to know how to get an Intel processor to "help"...I do have a couple that support it, but as yet haven't been able to get it to work.

I installed the latest opencl runtime drivers for Intel CPU's (x64), but not sure whether I need to have the x86 drivers as well...and then what ???

I did my first serious run of KNLMeansCL v.0.7.5 today, using a couple of recently acquired GPU's...the best one being an AMD R9 290, and a HD6850, and a GTX650...had them going with DE, and the HD6850 & GTX650 were performing almost identically, but about a 1/4 of what the R9 290 was able to assist.

Now as a comparison, I did a movie with KNLMeansCL, which took about 35 minutes, and then the same movie with as similar settings as I could do, with HQDN3D and it only took about 8 minutes, I am yet to watch both encodes on TV, so as to compare.

And then the same movie with using HQDN3D and x265 with Very Slow, and it was going to take over 4 hours, even with DE on 3 reasonable powerful PC's.

Anyway early days, lot's of fiddle ahead.

We need MORE DE servers, Atak !!!! :)

Atak_Snajpera
29th February 2016, 13:40
GTX 650 - 1.4 TFlops
HD6850 - 1.5 TFlops
R290 - 4.8 TFlops

I'm not surprised that r290 is much faster in knlmeanscl. Also keep in mind that that we have here VLIW vs newer GCN architecture.

burt123
29th February 2016, 17:24
GTX 650 - 1.4 TFlops
HD6850 - 1.5 TFlops
R290 - 4.8 TFlops

I'm not surprised that r290 is much faster in knlmeanscl. Also keep in mind that that we have here VLIW vs newer GCN architecture.

That's interesting info, Atak...where did you get that from ??

What about a GTX 680 ?

Dunno what that other stuff means :(

Atak_Snajpera
29th February 2016, 17:40
That's interesting info, Atak...where did you get that from ??

What about a GTX 680 ?

Dunno what that other stuff means :(

From uncle google.

burt123
29th February 2016, 21:46
So you have a Xeon or 2, have you enabled open cl ?

If so, how, if not, why not ???

Then maybe KNLMeansCL could be used with CPU as well.

apostolis21
29th February 2016, 22:55
Hey, I'm trying to use distributed encoding and it keeps encoding the first chunk again and again, any help?

dv8r
1st March 2016, 03:33
Good info there Atak, I can't seem to find anything on opencl intel performance, as far as actual numbers. Burt, my bro uses nlmeans a lot with handbrake and one thing that stands out to me with his stuff is the file size will get so low on some movies that I can't believe the quality is as good with such a small filesize. He has more patience than me, and the new high dollar dual xeons. Even then it's SLOW on cpu only. I'm pretty sure xeons don't have any graphics built in so no opencl on them that I know of. Most dual xeon mobo's i've been around have terrible built in graphics on board. I have a older dual xeon machine myself but my nodes with newer i5's puts out the same fps or better. You guys keep up the good work.

burt123
1st March 2016, 04:09
I'm pretty sure xeons don't have any graphics built in so no opencl on them that I know of.

I'm pretty sure from what I've read about it recently, that Xeon's do support OpenCL, and they don't use the graphics to achieve that.

I have an E5 2697 V2 12 core, that I have yet to experiment with.

I'm hoping Atak comes back with some info, as I know he has a Xeon system (might even be a duallie).

Atak_Snajpera
1st March 2016, 08:52
Even old Q6600 supports opencl if you have amd drivers. Running knlmeanscl on cpu is practically useless due to extreme slooooooooow speeeeeeeeddddd...

Wishbringer
1st March 2016, 09:43
let's better say:
Q6600 has no graphics core,
Xeon E5-2697v2 has no graphics core.
So they can't support OpenCL native with graphics core parallelism.
They can emulate graphic cores with AMD drivers (in software layer), but it's slow.
It's like play witcher3 with softwarerendering instead of using a decent card.

Even an old 80486 could emulate OpenCL, if someone is willing to write software layer,
but if it is usefull is another question.
Better stick to filters that don't use OpenCL on systems without a natively supporting hardware.

apostolis21
1st March 2016, 10:32
Hey, is distributed encoding superseeded or not used anymore? No one seems to know anything on this matter, not even Atak :rolleyes:

There is no ts or mpg support and I wonder why? Almost every recording software uses mpg for the old mpeg2 streams and ts for the new mpeg4 ones.

I have win7 at both computers, save java version and both have avisynth 2.6. Shared folders are both accessible from the two computers and I am using the classic 1.17.5 version of ripbot.

I would appreciate any insight here cause I really want to use this feature even if I have to mux my ts to an mp4 every time before the encoding process

Kind Regards

burt123
1st March 2016, 11:07
Xeon E5-2697v2 has no graphics core.

They can emulate graphic cores with AMD drivers (in software layer), but it's slow.

So how do you do that ??

Atak_Snajpera
1st March 2016, 12:55
I am using the classic 1.17.5 version of ripbot.
This version was released in 2014-01-13 ! First upgrade to latest version and then we will talk ok :)

I do not think this is emulation of physical cores. I get pretty decent GFlops in FlopsCL benchmark on Xeon CPU.
http://i.cubeupload.com/a3YzjP.png

Just for testing purposes I've installed Intel OpenCL driver (http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/5198/opencl_runtime_15.1_x64_setup.msi) to see if I can get better results in FlopsCL.
They are just terribad. First of all FlopsCL crashes if you select problem size larger than ~2600 blocks. Also Intel Platform is 2x slower than AMD! Nice joke AMD platform works better on Intel CPU :) I suspect that Intel Platform does not use AVX and relies only on SSE2.
http://i.cubeupload.com/e80ihI.png