PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Ryushin
9th March 2014, 20:21
Try ripping your BDs with latest AnyDVD. Also you can manually execute Blu-Ray_ExtractStreams.cmd in /Job1/ folder to see if there is any error message in console.

Looks like I've stumbled onto a bug with dsmux:
https://www.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1485220#post1485220
https://www.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1546026#post1546026

I can change the temp drive to C: and it works. But D: or E: and it fails. Strange, it worked before when the two 3TBd drives were in a RAID 0, but connected individually, it does not work. I'm going to try messing with GPT and MBR to see if something like that freaks out dxmux.

Running something like this works fine though:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter>dsmux D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.mkv T:\Blu-ray_Rip\Bangkok_Dangerous\BANGKOK_DANGEROUS\BDMV\STREAM\00141.m2ts

Solution Found:
It seems that the problem was caused by the storage controller driver. Changed it to Microsoft's AHCI driver and now works.
Tested GPT and MBR and that was not a problem.

I'll post this solution to the eac3to forum as well.

Atak: Once again, thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.

damia
13th March 2014, 07:30
hai... are ripbot support to encode 3d hsbs??

Wishbringer
14th March 2014, 12:21
@damia:
Ripbot currently "only" encodes in 2D.
For 3D encodes you can use BD2AVCHD. It supports SBS and TopDown 3D AVCHD and MKV Encodes, even MVC (which I didn't tested yet, so I can't say anything about quality).

burt123
14th March 2014, 22:23
@damia:
Ripbot currently "only" encodes in 2D.
For 3D encodes you can use BD2AVCHD. It supports SBS and TopDown 3D AVCHD and MKV Encodes, even MVC (which I didn't tested yet, so I can't say anything about quality).

I beg to differ......

I have run several 3D mkv movies thru Ripbot, and it works a charm :)

soneca
15th March 2014, 04:41
What?!... :eek: :D

Wishbringer
16th March 2014, 19:10
@burt123:
Maybe you have several 3D MKVs with SBS or TopBottom reencoded with RipBot264.
But these MKVs are 2D with two pictures side by side!
Sure RipBot can encode those Videos.

But Ripbot can't take real 3D sources like MVC for now.

burt123
16th March 2014, 21:05
@burt123:
Maybe you have several 3D MKVs with SBS or TopBottom reencoded with RipBot264.
But these MKVs are 2D with two pictures side by side!
Sure RipBot can encode those Videos.

But Ripbot can't take real 3D sources like MVC for now.

Correct, all I've needed to do is a resize, as some are not 1920 x 1080, (as playback is stretched top to bottom), and a little denoising.

Now you've got me curious about MVC.....haven't heard about that, 'til now. :thanks:

bobapatrick
17th March 2014, 22:45
I posted this under the Newbie section, but it may be more appropriate here. While I have been using Ripbot for years, I've recently lost sound at the voice band for over a month. I started using Handbrake, and selected to disable LivDVDNav (ibdvdread will be used instead). I've downloaded the latest version of Ripbot254, and all supporting programs (ffdshow, Hallali splitter, Avisynth, and Java). I tried different settings on the audio, and noticed one screen showed a selection for [High 4.0] HD Blueray Consoles like the tutorial.

This has been going on since about the time I tried backing up Ender's game. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ronski
18th March 2014, 08:11
I once had a similar problem, I had sound but no voices. Took me a little while to figure out, but my desktop system I use ripbot on only has 2.1 speakers, when I turned my 5.1 headphones on my sound was back to normal. Basically as I had no centre channel speaker so I lost all voices, but with the headphones my centre channel could be heard. So there was nothing wrong with the file just the equipment I was listening through :)

GhostKilla
22nd March 2014, 23:42
Do you think add support to VaporSynth ? (Maybe not possible for audio)

nekrosoft13
26th March 2014, 18:17
does ripbot work with the new Java 8?

Shrekage
28th March 2014, 00:09
Hi. encoding client crashes. with 1.17.5. in the windows title bar it says: Access violation at address 004313E4 in module 'EncodingClient.exe'. Read of address 00000000. I am using 8 clients all on same subnet

jwjohnson
28th March 2014, 17:27
I've seen the same error several times in the past week. I'm using 1.17.5 with 6 clients. I uninstalled Haali, AviSynth, and FFDShow and reinstalled. No codec's otherwise installed. It happened once even after that. I'm running Win 7 64 bit.

giobbi
28th March 2014, 20:27
These days I'm getting the error DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me frequently.

I get it on both Win7-64 and XP-32 systems I have at the end (after) the demuxing audio streams process.

I've noticed it always happens when I have an h265 video stream.

I tried to uninstall everything related with video (haali, ffdshow, and avi codec pack, avisinth) and I reinstalled the latest ffdshow, avisinth and Matroska splitter.

Any idea?

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2014, 22:02
ffdshow does not have build in hevc decoder. you will have to install extra h265 decoder. lav should work.

regarding crashes in client. in next week i will prepare debug version for you.

giobbi
29th March 2014, 01:44
ffdshow does not have build in hevc decoder. you will have to install extra h265 decoder. lav should work.

I've installed the LAV h.265 filters (0.59.1) and it worked; I'm waiting for the processing phase to see if it will return a good result.
Thank you for now!

--Giovi

EDIT: Ok, the conversion worked fine, solved. Thank you!

jouchan
30th March 2014, 11:32
when i encoding bluray mkv 720p, sometime i got problem like this
Error: The file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
or audio.acc could not be opened

please help me..

klopsknoedel
31st March 2014, 12:37
when i encoding bluray mkv 720p, sometime i got problem like this
Error: The file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
or audio.acc could not be opened

please help me..

May you don't have the right permissions. Try running RipBot264 as Administrator or change the temp - drive in your *.ini.

JCKitchens1
2nd April 2014, 14:30

I'm having problems with 1.17.5 as well, and I'm using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. It is bad enough, that I switched back to 1.17.4, which has no problems at all!. I will be looking forward to seeing what come up with his trying out the debug version...

nekrosoft13
2nd April 2014, 14:56

speaking of H265, are you planning to add H265 support in near future?

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2014, 13:55
To all having problems with crashing client. Does encoding client crash if you change affinity to single core? (I use Process Explorer)

http://i.cubeupload.com/36dr6o.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/bd12yi.png

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2014, 13:58
speaking of H265, are you planning to add H265 support in near future?

yes if you mean encoding with x265. Unfortunately x265 still does not have psy-rdo.

jouchan
4th April 2014, 16:22
hi atak, what should i do when get error like this:
encoded 165892 frames, 9.81 fps, 661.71 kb/s

The batch file cannot be found.
'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\Job3\Job3_MuxFiles.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.
'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\Job3\Job3_RemoveEmptyFolders.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

my vps wind serv 2012, please help, thanks

Shrekage
6th April 2014, 17:02
I tried this and each time the encodingclient run it goes back to use any/all processors. so I found this utility: http://www2.robpol86.com/guides/ImageCFG/

I used it and we will now let it run and see if it crashes... will keep you posted...

mmmmdonut
11th April 2014, 11:37
does ripbot work with the new Java 8?

I havent had any issues with Java 8 + Ripbot264 v17.5

Shrekage
13th April 2014, 04:37
No longer have the same crashing using single CPU...

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2014, 10:18
Good! Atleast we have workaround ;)

Shrekage
13th April 2014, 21:57
Crap... spoke too soon...
got Access Violation 004313E4 in module 'EncodingClient.exe', Read of address 00000000 and it's stopped there...

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2014, 22:10
how many encodes have made without crash?

juepi
19th April 2014, 07:37
Good Morning everybody!

Discovered DE yesterday and i have admit it works REALLY fine! :)

@Atak: one questions concerning DE: i've seen that you are creating junks of about 1 minute in length. In terms of overhead (CPU efficiency), wouldn't it be better to create a bit longer (5min, 10min) junks?

Thanks once again for the great piece of software!

nice easter to everybody!

yours,
Juergen

Atak_Snajpera
19th April 2014, 11:45
nope. Longer chunks will reduce server usage at the end of the encoding process. 7 servers will stay idle while last one is still encoding last long chunk. On other hand too small chunks may increase file size (more key frames) and reduce overall encoding speed (starting process can steal few seconds). summary 1 min chunk is optimal.

juepi
19th April 2014, 12:26
I see, thanks for the explanation!

yours,
Juergen

jmatyasovsky
24th April 2014, 01:55
I just ripped Thor: The Dark World and I noticed it missed the forced subs. I then ran it through handbrake and it correctly found the forced subs. I noticed handbrake found an additional playlist (810) which ripbot did not. That additional playlist was the correct one in handbrake. The other two playlists which matched ripbots did not have the forced subs. There must have been a navigational command or something in that playlist noting to include the forced subs. Anyone have any idea why ripbot would miss that playlist? Let me know if additional details are needed. Thanks

hoju3508
24th April 2014, 09:00
@jmatyasovsky, use the drop down arrow to see the other possible playlists.

jmatyasovsky
24th April 2014, 14:24
I have checked all the playlists ripbot provided. I believe handbrake gave playlists 800, 801 & 810 (among a bunch other small ones). Ripbot had 800 & 801 (810 was not included). 810 worked correctly in handbrake to include the forced subs. 800 and 801 in handbrake and ripbot did not include the subs. As i mentioned before, i think 810 must have some command to include the subs. The forced subs are in a seperate subtitle track with no forced flags.

jwjohnson
24th April 2014, 16:30
What I do is select the most likely playlist and then let RipBot demux and analyze. I alway pick all subtitles. When that phase finishes if RipBot has identified a Forced English subtitle I select it. If no Forced subs are identified I go to the Job(x) folder in the RipBot temp folder with BDSUP2SUB and look at each of the English subtitles. In the case of Thor: The Dark World you will see that one of the English sub tracks has many fewer subs than the others. You can also see what the subs are in this program. I just selected that track as the sub track to include in the final output and it worked fine. As you mentioned this is one of the few discs I see lately that do it this way.

jmatyasovsky
24th April 2014, 17:09
Jwjohnson, thanks for that info. Thats exactly what i started doing after i realized what happened with Thor: The Dark World. Before i always counted on ripbot on finding the forced subs because it typically does a fantastic job. I just wonder why ripbot couldnt find that playlist.

giobbi
27th April 2014, 16:19
I've installed the LAV h.265 filters (0.59.1) and it worked; I'm waiting for the processing phase to see if it will return a good result.
Thank you for now!

--Giovi

EDIT: Ok, the conversion worked fine, solved. Thank you!

--> I have to say that in some case even LAV filters don't work.
I got the same problem with a clip with the Codec:
MPEG-H Part2/HEVC (H.265) (hevc)
(from the media info page of VLC)

Note: Other clips with the same codec worked fine.

Atak_Snajpera
27th April 2014, 21:35
have you tried remuxing with latest mkvmerge?

giobbi
28th April 2014, 14:26
have you tried remuxing with latest mkvmerge?

Yes, I remuxed the clip leaving just video track, one audio track and one subtitles track. Same problem.
If you want, I could send you in PM the url where to get the clip (about 3.8 Gb... :-O )

Atak_Snajpera
28th April 2014, 16:03
I would prefer some 50-100mb sample.

giobbi
28th April 2014, 17:28
I understand, but I don't know how to cut it... :-(

Atak_Snajpera
28th April 2014, 17:58
DGsplit

giobbi
29th April 2014, 15:07
Done, now I have a chunk file of about 10 Mb that shows the same problem:

"DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job58\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Just let me know the best way (for you) to send you the clip...

IMO an email would be the fastest way. If you have a spare email address you don't mind to share, you could tell me it in PM...

Atak_Snajpera
29th April 2014, 16:23
use https://mega.co.nz/

giobbi
29th April 2014, 21:47
ok:

I'm sending the link in PM

giobbi
30th April 2014, 15:32
About H.265: I believe there's some kind of setting or priority among splitters and codecs that's preventing the LAV filters to work. Actually I'm getting the same error even in clips I already converted.

I didn't play with settings or any other kind of tools; it "seems" it just stopped to work.

What should I do before/while/after installing LAV filters? Should I remove some other codecs/splitters?

EDIT --------------------

I don't know exactly how this kind of things happen. I uninstalled the LAV filters and installed them again, and now it works.
Please notice that I already did the "uninstall then install again" step, without any results; but today, I don't know why, it worked. >:-(
The only difference is: the previous LAV filters release (that, in any case, worked) was 0.59.1; today I installed the 0.61.2
However it's working, so please Atak forgive me if I make you to spend your time without a reason....

jwjohnson
30th April 2014, 22:43
I'm noticing more movies I'm working on lately are finishing up with the sound out of sync. I'm making a protected iso of my original Blu-ray and then mounting it with VCD while latest AnyDVD HD is running then using the Add function from RipBot (v1.17.5) I select the first .mts file in the Stream folder. RipBot identifies a number of play lists. I pick the one that looks right. After it demuxes, indexes etc, I usually resize to 720p and make an .mp4 file with the iPad settings. I've found that in the preview window the sound track is sometimes out of sync and I'll adjust the audio delay until it seems right. Without the audio delay adjust the final mp4 will have out of sync audio. This seems to be happening more frequently. The last 2 movies I worked on were The Wolverine and The Legend of Hercules. Am I doing something wrong to cause this, or do I just need to continue adding the audio delay if needed? (I do use DE, but since the out of sync problem is evident in the preview I don't think this has anything to do with it.)
Thanks,

Atak_Snajpera
30th April 2014, 23:21
You do not do anything wrong. That kind of a/v sync issues have been with us since the "stone age" ;) If everything was always perfect i wouldn't add option to shift/cut audio. I always check a/v sync in preview before encoding.

jwjohnson
1st May 2014, 04:56
Thanks Atak

burt123
3rd May 2014, 07:53
Just wondering if someone can give an explanation to why some mp4's I load into Ripbot display a FPS of 90090.09fps, which in turn create's a huge Frames count, and when Ripbot has completed, it can't mux the final encode, so therefore no "new" file. :(

These mp4's have a frame rate of 23.97, originally.

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
3rd May 2014, 10:36
I will take a look if you send me sample.

jouchan
3rd May 2014, 17:07
x264 encoder crash in vps client.. any idea guys?

tried reinstall avisynth, but get error because avisynth still use by another user..

Ronski
6th May 2014, 20:45
Quick question regarding audio tracks.

I have an MKV file which contains the following 2 audio tracks:

English Surround 5.1
English Surround 7.1

I use Ripbot to shrink the MKV file size, but only end up with one audio track.

Is there anyway for Ripbot to keep both sound tacks? I only seem to be able to select no audio, one or the other audio track, not both. It also loses the track name part of the audio track in the process.

I realise I can use MKVmerge to add the two sound tracks after Ripbot shrunk the file, but it'll just be quicker if I could select to keep both audio tracks with the track name as well.

Atak_Snajpera
6th May 2014, 20:59
Support for two tracks will be added in next version. For now i have working support for x265 encoder. DE mode also works. Once i'm sure that everything is working correctly i will add support for extra track.

soneca
6th May 2014, 23:30
Support for two tracks will be added in next version. For now i have working support for x265 encoder. DE mode also works. Once i'm sure that everything is working correctly i will add support for extra track.

:eek: Cool! :rolleyes:

hoju3508
7th May 2014, 04:17
For now i have working support for x265 encoder

Looking forward to it.

Ronski
7th May 2014, 19:36
Thanks Atak, looking forward to the newer versions.

Rachegottes
8th May 2014, 12:01
Friends,

Ripbot is so awesome, it helped me alot with upscaling dvd to h264 for Blu-ray Authoring.

Now my question, I am using ->

1. AnyDVD to Rip
2. PGCDemux to Demux the DVD
3. Adobe Media Encoder to recode / resize the Movie

Adobe has a lot of issues, I am working with the media encoder since 3 years and still, it got some problems with different demuxed streams.

Is there any program, easy and awesome like Ripbot which can recode my mpeg2 into the same mpeg2 standard for DVD (PAL 25p) ?

Ripbot can'T do that or? I just find MKV export or h264 or AVC.

Thank you so much!

Rachegottes
8th May 2014, 12:04
Oh and second, what's the quickest way to recode a m2ts from a riped BD with ripbot?
Ripbot can't import a m2ts...why?

Atak_Snajpera
8th May 2014, 12:54
Oh and second, what's the quickest way to recode a m2ts from a riped BD with ripbot?
Ripbot can't import a m2ts...why?

http://i.imgur.com/TLTtImc.png

Rachegottes
8th May 2014, 16:03
Any reason why it is not in the batch?
Using the batch for many 3on1 reauthorings.

Atak_Snajpera
8th May 2014, 18:46
Because m2ts requires additional user interaction. After all it is up to you which playlist you want to encode. Ripbot264 can't read your mind ;)

burt123
9th May 2014, 00:43
Just wondering if someone can give an explanation to why some mp4's I load into Ripbot display a FPS of 90090.09fps, which in turn create's a huge Frames count, and when Ripbot has completed, it can't mux the final encode, so therefore no "new" file. :(

These mp4's have a frame rate of 23.97, originally.

Thanks

I will take a look if you send me sample.

Hi Atak,

Well, you probably won't believe this, but I tried a very amateurish way with these files, by simply renaming them from mp4, to avi, Ripbot reported the correct frame rate, etc, processed without error............

So can't wait for the very different next version of Ripbot, with the new encoder & more audio tracks :)

Of course extra DE's would be nice, but you've explained that already.

Will you rename it to Ripbot265 ???

:thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
9th May 2014, 09:41
no it will be still called ripbot264. There is simple codec selection above video profile. unfortunately x265 in de mode does not work correctly because --seek switch does not work. I've reported that in x265 hevc encoder topic. Now we have to wait for their move.

slalom
9th May 2014, 11:07
It will be a while, beforre we can use x265 widely

soneca
9th May 2014, 16:03
Atak, a beta version for testing? :)
The tracks can be converted to any format available in RipBot264 in MKV container?
Will be available also for AVCHD?

Shrekage
11th May 2014, 07:10
Maybe I am overlooking something, but it has officially now driven me crazy...

I have decided to get some of my old DVD TV series out and convert them to MP4. I used MakeMKV to get the eposides from the DVD's and the MKV's that I have checked play fine, but then I batch load them into ripbot264, I get a wierd A/V sync issue. the video plays faster than the audio on every single file. I dug around in the job folder and made several attempts to fix it and have gotten close, but still the AV gets out of sync

The biggest thing that seemed to help was to remove --fps 30000/1001 from line 3 of the jobx_encodingclient.meta file, but there is still differences that start getting noticed after a few minutes of the episode. I used MKVExtract to extract the tracks and input them manually into ripbot and the resulting file has no AV sync issues. Can you take a look...

50MB sample of the source .MKV [sent in PM] and you can see the video goes much faster than the audio does after you run it through ripbot264.

any ideas?
contents of jobx.ini for the sample I posted...
[JobSettings]
VideoFile=B:\MASH_SAMPLE-001.MKV
VideoCodec=mpeg2
VideoWidth=720
VideoHeight=480
VideoAspectRatio=4:3
VideoProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . Progressive
SourceFPS=29.97
MovieFPS=29.97
FPSinGUI=29.97
SourceNumberOfFrames=2254
SourceMovieLength=75.2085418752085
CurrentMovieLength=75.2085418752085
SourceAudioLength=75.264
Frames=2254
Duration=0:1:15.209
Mode=CQ
kbps=20
AudioFile=b:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\1_audio_English.ac3
AudioFileSize=1806336
AudioCodec=ac3
AudioBPS=192000
AudioProfile=2.0 FHG AAC-LC 128 kbps [abr]
Frequency=48000
Channels=2
DurationAudio=0:1:15.264
AudioLength=75.264
Normalize=OFF
AudioDelay=0
AudioLang=English [eng]
Output=B:\MASH_SAMPLE-001.mp4
Container=mp4
LockSize=0
Size=
Deinterlace=Do not deinterlace
Crop=Do not crop
CropTop=0
CropBottom=0
CropLeft=0
CropRight=0
Resize=Do not resize
ResX=720
ResY=480
Decimate=Do not decimate
Colors=Do not change colors
hue=0
sat=1
bright=0
cont=1
subtitles=Do not use subtitles
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=Do not denoise
DenoiseLumaNoise=0
DenoiseChromaNoise=0
AssumeFPS=Do not change
Forced_Subtitles=NONE

Atak_Snajpera
11th May 2014, 10:32
You have two choices
1) remux all mkvs with mkvmerge and set correct fps 24000/1001
2) force correct fps in ripbot264 for every mkv
http://i.imgur.com/hGZ9Qkg.png

Blackwalker
13th May 2014, 07:28
hi atak, is possible to have a ".exe" installer for the RipBot264 v1.17.5?
Ajax_Undone make one for the 1.17.2!
thx

slalom
18th May 2014, 17:34
I found a bug

While encoding some episodes with dts audio, I decided to convert the audio track to ac3
Some jobs didn't complete, so I had to do it manually (run 4.cmd then CombineAllChunks.cmd and jobx_MuxFiles.cmd in order)
The above sequence works OK if I copy stream the audio

While job4 wasn't completed and job5 was encoding, If I did the above cmds (for job4), I would get the ac3 from job5 muxed to job4 video

So I had to run the job again, 20 minutes lost

Could you put encoded audio inside jobx folder to avoid this mix?

Atak_Snajpera
18th May 2014, 18:29
Ok. In next version encoded audio files will be stored in job folder.

slalom
18th May 2014, 19:34
Thank you!
I suppose there is a way around it, running job4_EncodeAudio.cmd, then the 3 cmds and then job5_EncodeAudio.cmd to leave the proper ac3 for the current job to finish

but it's complicated

docholliday
22nd May 2014, 12:56
Hi guys,

I have a problem with Direct show.It can't be open mkv file.What should i do ?

http://i.imgur.com/hQW6MhM.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
22nd May 2014, 14:58
what OS?

docholliday
22nd May 2014, 15:53
what OS?

Windows server 2008 R2

Atak_Snajpera
22nd May 2014, 16:07
In this case you will have to install this -> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772567.aspx

docholliday
22nd May 2014, 18:54
In this case you will have to install this -> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772567.aspx

I've installed Desktop Experience,but still got that error.It didn't help.Still need help.I have to say I got that error for all format mkv, m2ts.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd May 2014, 19:30
reinstall haali media splitter and ffdshow

Atak_Snajpera
24th May 2014, 14:07
v1.18.0 BETA 1

Added: Support for x265 (DE mode works as well)
Added: Permanent Subtitles option in Batch Mode (automatically renders subtitles on frame if subtitles have the same name as video file)
Added: AVS meter (You can easily check processing speed of your script)
Added: workaround for crashing encoding client at the very end (while closing form)
Changed: encoded audio is now stored in Jobx folder
Updated: ffmpeg 2014-05-24, mediainfo 0.7.69 , MKVToolnix 6.9.1 , x264 r2431 , x265 1.10.114

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3913jh3qu2vjfh/RipBot264v1.18.0_BETA1.7z

ToDo
add support for extra audio stream.

slalom
24th May 2014, 14:42
ToDo
About that

I think others would agree that it should be normally set to off.

Or a switch in the .ini file

Atak_Snajpera
24th May 2014, 14:56
why???

slalom
24th May 2014, 16:15
Personally I use one track most of the time. This means I would have to disable the second track, most of the time, for each file.

Someone else would like both tracks.

That's why I asked for a switch. I'm sure you will find the best way.

Atak_Snajpera
24th May 2014, 16:57
Obviously ONLY first audio track will be automatically selected. Second audio track will be always set to [NO AUDIO].

Jake802
24th May 2014, 17:33
Hi!,

Is there any reason why my encode would not show up at the end? Everything seems fine the job shows finished, and when I go to where the file should be its not.

Atak_Snajpera
24th May 2014, 18:22
check logs in /Logs/ folder

slalom
24th May 2014, 19:44
Obviously ONLY first audio track will be automatically selected. Second audio track will be always set to [NO AUDIO].
That's what I mean, thanks!

Jake802
25th May 2014, 03:29
What exactly am I looking for in the logs Atak?

Jake802
25th May 2014, 04:17
Hi Atak,

I am testing out the new BETA version you posted. Under the selectable subtitles I have none. But under the audio folder I am showing 2 subtitle files listed as .dts files. Also I missed something, how do I select to have 2 audio streams?

Thanks! NVM I see now its in the ToDo Options lol, sorry!

slalom
25th May 2014, 09:03
What exactly am I looking for in the logs Atak?
You are looking for the error, or you can post the log here

Jake802
25th May 2014, 12:40
C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264 Version 1.17.5\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -o - | "C:\Program Files\RipBot264 Version 1.17.5\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 10447 --stats "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 145128 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output NUL -

y4m [info]: 1920x1080p 1:1 @ 10000000/417083 fps (cfr)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (25000) > level limit (20000)

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSEMisalign LZCNT

x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0

x264 [info]: frame I:2154 Avg QP:15.21 size:157459

x264 [info]: frame P:107020 Avg QP:18.05 size: 60583

x264 [info]: frame B:35954 Avg QP:19.12 size: 29138

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 54.7% 35.9% 2.5% 6.9%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 33.6% 0.0% 66.4%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 45.2% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 48.8% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip: 6.0%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 10.1% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 40.0% 0.0% 0.0% direct:19.8% skip:30.1% L0:32.2% L1:47.7% BI:20.1%

x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 17.64

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 69.1% 67.2% 12.9% inter: 34.8% 41.3% 0.3%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 22% 21% 45% 12%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 20% 20% 22% 4% 11% 6% 6% 5% 6%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 50% 22% 26% 3%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:4.0% UV:1.9%

x264 [info]: kb/s:10401.83

encoded 145128 frames, 32.23 fps, 10401.83 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264 Version 1.17.5\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -o - | "C:\Program Files\RipBot264 Version 1.17.5\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 10447 --stats "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 145128 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -

y4m [info]: 1920x1080p 1:1 @ 10000000/417083 fps (cfr)

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSEMisalign LZCNT

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0

x264 [info]: frame I:2154 Avg QP:16.31 size:135106

x264 [info]: frame P:107020 Avg QP:18.71 size: 61001

x264 [info]: frame B:35954 Avg QP:19.88 size: 30154

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 54.7% 35.9% 2.5% 6.9%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 7.4% 80.7% 11.9%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 1.3% 11.5% 0.8% P16..4: 52.0% 21.0% 7.2% 0.0% 0.0% skip: 6.2%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.1% 0.7% 0.0% B16..8: 51.5% 10.0% 1.8% direct: 6.2% skip:29.6% L0:42.0% L1:50.4% BI: 7.7%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:83.7% inter:70.3%

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 81.4% 78.3% 24.1% inter: 47.4% 53.8% 0.6%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 10% 40% 10% 40%

x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 13% 12% 27% 6% 9% 8% 8% 7% 8%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 18% 21% 16% 7% 11% 8% 8% 6% 5%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 53% 21% 22% 5%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:4.2% UV:1.9%

x264 [info]: ref P L0: 57.8% 12.2% 19.6% 10.1% 0.3%

x264 [info]: ref B L0: 81.3% 18.7%

x264 [info]: kb/s:10445.71

encoded 145128 frames, 11.99 fps, 10445.71 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264 Version 1.17.5\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "R:\Godzilla HD\1991_GODZILLA_VS_KING_GHIDORAH_SADPANDA.AVCHD"

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net

Can't open file: C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\2_subtitles_English_.sup

C:\>rd "R:\Godzilla HD\1991_GODZILLA_VS_KING_GHIDORAH_SADPANDA.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE\BACKUP"

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\>rd "R:\Godzilla HD\1991_GODZILLA_VS_KING_GHIDORAH_SADPANDA.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE"

C:\>rd "R:\Godzilla HD\1991_GODZILLA_VS_KING_GHIDORAH_SADPANDA.AVCHD\BDMV\AUXDATA"

C:\>rd "R:\Godzilla HD\1991_GODZILLA_VS_KING_GHIDORAH_SADPANDA.AVCHD\BDMV\BDJO"

C:\>rd "R:\Godzilla HD\1991_GODZILLA_VS_KING_GHIDORAH_SADPANDA.AVCHD\BDMV\JAR"

C:\>rd "R:\Godzilla HD\1991_GODZILLA_VS_KING_GHIDORAH_SADPANDA.AVCHD\BDMV\META"

-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 04h:37m:02s

That's the Log. I am guessing the error has something to do with the last part. I am just not understanding why its not finding that stuff.

legend
25th May 2014, 14:09
Hi Atak

Thanks for your nice application. I am using it for few days. After necessary settings how can I make a sample to test the result Whether my setting is correct or not.

Thanks.

slalom
25th May 2014, 15:09
Can't open file: C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\2_subtitles_English_.sup

That's the Log. I am guessing the error has something to do with the last part. I am just not understanding why its not finding that stuff.
The program can't find the subtitle
But you can do that manually

Run CombineAllChunks.cmd to get the video file (at E:\Temp\RipBot264temp or something like that) and use mkvmerge to add the new video and remove the old

slalom
26th May 2014, 21:30
Started using Beta 1 today, so far so good

I will try an HEVC encode the following days

TheBeagle
31st May 2014, 00:22
I found the answer.

31st May 2014, 04:21
I have a full copy of "The Blues Brothers" What is the source of your copy?

TheBeagle
31st May 2014, 04:24
I found the answer.

31st May 2014, 04:26
Then why would you need to re-create anything?

TheBeagle
31st May 2014, 04:30
I found the answer.

31st May 2014, 04:35
OK, thanks. That will be useful info for Atak.

burt123
31st May 2014, 05:40
Hi Atak,

Just tried my first HEVC encode, and with all the default settings, and using DE, it took over twice the time to do, what the previous version did. :(

Am I missing something ??, has that avisynth mt setting got anything to do with it ???

Atak_Snajpera
31st May 2014, 10:23
This is normal because x265 uses more time consuming calculations in order to achieve higher quality than previous avc standard.

Take a look here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1681518#post1681518

it took over twice the time to do, what the previous version did.
BETA 1 is the first version with x265 support so I'm not sure what you mean regarding 'previous version'

burt123
31st May 2014, 13:21
This is normal because x265 uses more time consuming calculations in order to achieve higher quality than previous avc standard.

Take a look here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1681518#post1681518

BETA 1 is the first version with x265 support so I'm not sure what you mean regarding 'previous version'

Yeah, sorry, I meant 17.5 :)

Turns out that I can't play this codec on my TV, so at this stage, I guess I won't be using it anymore :(

Thanks for the info :)

Jake802
1st June 2014, 23:04
I have 2 Questions:

1. Does mp4 Conversion take a long time? It was seeming to on the one I was trying
2. Is there any reason my AVHCD File would not go to the selected 23830 Size Option?

Thanks

mmmmdonut
2nd June 2014, 02:24
Just thought I would share encoding time on x265 with my ancient AMD 1045T processor. Encoding Thor 2 using the predefined preset and only resizing to 720p yielded an 11hr encode with that processor getting around 4fps.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd June 2014, 15:53
That's really slow. I've tested encoding speed on my other machine ( Q8200@2.8Ghz ) with 10 min of drive movie.
Frame size : 1280x534
Preset : FAST
CRF 20

http://i.imgur.com/wCTY5s9.png

Your CPU should be 50% faster than my quad. No idea why you get only 4fps?!?

master1000
2nd June 2014, 21:22
Hi Atak, I having a problem when trying to encode MPEG2 file on my RDP server.
this is what i get:
http://i.imgur.com/3aEYi7I.png
what should i do?

mmmmdonut
3rd June 2014, 13:54
The 1045T processor is a dog even with six cores and was only slightly faster than my old q6600 proc. I'm not concerned about speed as I have time let the box churn away and just want start playing around with x265 and provide any feedback or ability do any testing you might need.

Using my Thor 2 source and encoding at CRF 18 and CRF 20 both resized, this cpu's fps for the encode was 3.90 and 4.03 respectively. So far both videos look clean using vlc as the player.

slalom
3rd June 2014, 19:02
While adding a job (batch mode) an error came up

"Access violation at address 00519042 in module ripbot264.exe. Read of address FFFFFFFF."
v. 1.17.4

Fixed
settings "disappeared" from ripbot.ini file

stasi
4th June 2014, 15:23
Just testet the AviSynth MT with RipBot BETA. I encoded a file from BR to mkv, resized to 640x360. It took 1:23:36, and the CPU was running on ~70%. Then I just deleted the SetMTMode line in the job.avs. The same encode took 39:12, ~half the time. So, on my AMD six core AviSynth MT is slower than non MT. Has anyone still such problems with AviSynth?

Atak_Snajpera
4th June 2014, 15:49
According to my tests I get the best results by simply encoding multiple chunks at the same time. I advise you to do the same in order to eliminate bottlenecks in script.

slalom
4th June 2014, 20:29
"Access violation at address 00519042 in module ripbot264.exe. Read of address FFFFFFFF."

That weird error and the .ini was a consequence of HDD errors. Everything is OK now

master1000
5th June 2014, 13:31
Hi Atak, I having a problem when trying to encode MPEG2 file on my RDP server.
this is what i get:
http://i.imgur.com/3aEYi7I.png
what should i do?

hi atak, can you please help me?
it's also don't encode me.

Atak_Snajpera
5th June 2014, 18:28
I do not use remote desktop so I can not help here.

5th June 2014, 18:39
Try TightVNC or some other remote access method.

Ajax_Undone
5th June 2014, 21:28
Hey I've been wondering if you could incorporate a minimize to task tray option or a run in the background option? It would be nice.. =;)

master1000
6th June 2014, 13:45
I do not use remote desktop so I can not help here.

it's happened to my friend too, in hes computer.
you don't recognize the problem?

Atak_Snajpera
6th June 2014, 14:01
I haven't experienced that problem on my two windows 7 machines. Maybe record your desktop with fraps so we could see how this looks from your perspective. It is hard to tell something smart from just looking at single screenshot.

master1000
6th June 2014, 16:24
I haven't experienced that problem on my two windows 7 machines. Maybe record your desktop with fraps so we could see how this looks from your perspective. It is hard to tell something smart from just looking at single screenshot.

I think I solved the problem.
I install .net framework 3.5 and the problem gone.
anyway, thanks for the help.

stasi
8th June 2014, 10:41
Hi Atak,
could you please add the audio delay option in batch mode?

Atak_Snajpera
8th June 2014, 11:08
yes I could.

Shrekage
10th June 2014, 15:14
Feature Request:

Hi Atak,

would it be possible to allow multiple job creation. what I am looking for is I have a PC with 3 Bluray drives, and I would like to click on the add button 3x and have all 3 discs demuxing at the same time... or is this already possible somehow?

Atak_Snajpera
10th June 2014, 15:49
That would require to much work.

damia
23rd June 2014, 20:40
Hai Atak..

do u have any plan to add more server in DE???

burt123
25th June 2014, 06:45
Hai Atak..

do u have any plan to add more server in DE???

I know this has been asked many times before (even me).

I have been giving it some thought, by adding more DE Servers, would be VERY beneficial for those doing 265 encodes, as 265 is a lot slower than an equivalent 264 encode. So any help would be a bonus.

I'm sure Atak would be able to achieve this, if he put his mind to it.

Food for thought ???? :sly:

docholliday
25th June 2014, 10:35
Hey Atak,

How can i add second audio?

slalom
25th June 2014, 16:32
You can do that with mkvmerge for the moment

aldix
4th July 2014, 18:14
Please add support for TS Stream in DE mode.

All you have to do is add DGIndex to process TS to make d2v.

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2014, 19:26
You blindly assume that all TS streams contain mpeg2 data. Majority of current TS streams in europe are encoded as interlaced h.264/AVC. Unfortunately DGAVCdec does not support interlaced AVC (outdated libavcodec. New version according to neuron2 does not fix serious issues in that matter ). FFmpegSource shares the same code with libavcodec so it is also not reliable with interlaced content. In DE mode frame accurate seeking is absolutely in 100% required.

ShogoXT
5th July 2014, 01:01
Hi there! :)
I have a collection of a animated TV show ive been trying to convert over from DVDs. For a while I tried using Vidcoder, but for some reason it cannot seem to get rid of the weird hybrid interlacing the show uses no matter what setting. (Stopped short of trying to do custom number entries, which I cant find good examples for online).

Ripbot as always fixes the interlacing no problem with the IT(I guess its the mplayer IT that vidcoder has that cant do it?). Moved to using MakeMKV from DVDDecryptor for ease purposes. The only problem left is I still need multiple audio tracks.

Now I can manually use the MKVToolnix you have included already manually, and the readme for the FHG Encoder is easy enough (I can use old CMD dos prompt right?). I guess the main question is, is there any custom settings you have for the FHG that I need to make a 128 bitrate AAC or similar, depending on if its 2 channel or 5.1 channel?

Thank you very much for the great program.

osgZach
8th July 2014, 02:37
Anyone happen to know what tools/method Ripbot uses to create and rejoin its chunks for distributed encoding?
Very interested in finding out.

Atak_Snajpera
8th July 2014, 14:39
Chunks are created via avisynth script ( Trim(start_frame,end_frame) ) and then after encoding everything is joined via trayman's vjoin tool. You can also use plain copy /b for that purpose. I use trayman's tool because unlike copy.exe it shows percentage progress.

osgZach
8th July 2014, 15:26
I see. thanks.

Are you using a third party executable to save those chunks? (i.e what is actually running the AVS script when you do it; or are the chunks saved out via some Avisynth API?) Or did you just open it via the Windows AVI library and save chunks out that way?

I guess what I'm looking for is as much info as you're willing to give me, outlining the process, strictly related to creating the chunks (I'm assuming I will be able to figure out how to send stuff over a network by myself).

Atak_Snajpera
8th July 2014, 17:58
Take a look in Jobx/chunks folder. You will see bunch of x.avs files. Each file (script) has proper trim values. Those values are calculated by EncodingClient according to key-frames returned by ffmsindex tool (video.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf file). EncodingClient also prepares x.cmd for servers.All local paths (c:\blalal\...) must be changed to network paths (\\MY-PC\...)

osgZach
8th July 2014, 22:05
Well, I set things back up on my system, installed ffdshow, etc.. I hated having to do it, but now it seems I have other problems.

I selected an M2TS file I had sitting around from one of my Blu Rays I am working on cleaning up, it imported it fine into the job1 folder, setup my encoding options etc. Then when I go to run the job, it throws an error saying the source file could not be indexed.. Preview script opens fine, I can also open the file via AVS through Vdub, so I'm not sure what the deal is..

O_o

edit: will try importing the file directly off the Blu Ray Disc and see how that goes..

edit2: Nope... still same problem. "Source file could not be indexed"

edit3: Well it can't be the file, cause ffindex ran fine through MeGUI

edit4: Tried everything I could think of.. uninstalled all codec stuff, reinstalled ffdshow, haali media splitter, etc.

Atak_Snajpera
9th July 2014, 13:43
That message "Source file could not be indexed" in fact means that video.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt has not been created. I suppose something is blocking write access.

if FileExists(CurrentJobFolder+'\video.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt')=true then
begin
form1.TimeCodes.Items.Clear;
form1.TimeCodes.Items.LoadFromFile(CurrentJobFolder+'\video.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt');
form1.TimeCodes.Items.Delete(0);
form1.TimeCodes.Items.Delete(0);
end
else
begin
form1.Status.Font.Color:=clMaroon;
form1.Status.Caption:='ERROR ! Source file could not be indexed ! Autoclosing in 5s...';
application.ProcessMessages;
sleep(5000);
CloseApp('EncodingClient.exe');
end;

osgZach
10th July 2014, 00:44
Strange.. could it be firewall related? That path is shared and should be writeable, the tools copy over so at least the root Temp\ folder is writeable for sure.
My firewall rules allowing it still appear to be intact as well.. At a bit of a loss here as to what could be blocking it... will try to figure it out I guess

Atak_Snajpera
10th July 2014, 10:18
btw does this happen with other files as well? avi,mp4 and so on...

Maybe your antivirus does something weird?

aldix
11th July 2014, 02:18
You blindly assume that all TS streams contain mpeg2 data.

Well, the ones I work with, do...

GhostKilla
12th July 2014, 18:48
The 1045T processor is a dog even with six cores and was only slightly faster than my old q6600 proc. I'm not concerned about speed as I have time let the box churn away and just want start playing around with x265 and provide any feedback or ability do any testing you might need.

Using my Thor 2 source and encoding at CRF 18 and CRF 20 both resized, this cpu's fps for the encode was 3.90 and 4.03 respectively. So far both videos look clean using vlc as the player.

Do you have checked the CPU utilisation during your encode, because my 1090T is used only at 50% when I encode, and I've added these param suggested by Atak :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1612767#post1612767

mmmmdonut
13th July 2014, 02:31
Do you have checked the CPU utilisation during your encode, because my 1090T is used only at 50% when I encode, and I've added these param suggested by Atak :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1612767#post1612767

My cpu is always 100%. Also I only run in CQ mode not 2 pass.

frencher
22nd July 2014, 01:13
Hi Atak,

Can you send report video 4K recoding with x264

Download: > 4k Video sample from SONY Xperia z2, 3840x2160p (http://ul.to/cggdp6ik)

Work fine with:
--preset medium in --crf Crash with SLOW, SLOWER, VERYSLOW and PLACEBO
--preset FAST in 2 pass Crash with MEDIUM, SLOW, SLOWER, VERYSLOW and PLACEBO

"x264_x86.exe" "F:\Script.avs" --crf 20 --preset veryslow --sar 1:1 -o "O:\\MOV_00025.264"

avs [info]: 3840x2160p 1:1 @ 30000/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [warning]: DPB size (16 frames, 518400 mbs) > level limit (5 frames, 184320 mbs)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
x264 [info]: profile High, level 5.2
x264 [error]: malloc of size 4341248 failed
x264 [error]: x264_encoder_encode failed

Thank Atak

Sh4d3
22nd July 2014, 04:04
I'm new to Distributed Encoding and I gotta say I'm a fan!! I have one question though I haven't found anything posted on this particular subject yet, but, is it possible to evenly split up the queues between all your available machines? I'm running DE with two PC's.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd July 2014, 11:36
Hi Atak,

Can you send report video 4K recoding with x264

Download: > 4k Video sample from SONY Xperia z2, 3840x2160p (http://ul.to/cggdp6ik)

Work fine with:
--preset medium in --crf Crash with SLOW, SLOWER, VERYSLOW and PLACEBO
--preset FAST in 2 pass Crash with MEDIUM, SLOW, SLOWER, VERYSLOW and PLACEBO

"x264_x86.exe" "F:\Script.avs" --crf 20 --preset veryslow --sar 1:1 -o "O:\\MOV_00025.264"

avs [info]: 3840x2160p 1:1 @ 30000/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [warning]: DPB size (16 frames, 518400 mbs) > level limit (5 frames, 184320 mbs)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
x264 [info]: profile High, level 5.2
x264 [error]: malloc of size 4341248 failed
x264 [error]: x264_encoder_encode failed

Thank Atak

It looks like you've hit 32 bit memory limit ;) Slower settings perform more intensive calculations on larger number of frames hence higher memory consumption.

very slow
http://i.cubeupload.com/lq5RAF.png

medium
http://i.cubeupload.com/oyGuN6.png

Solution: 64 bit OS + x264_x64.exe

slalom
22nd July 2014, 13:10
I'm new to Distributed Encoding and I gotta say I'm a fan!! I have one question though I haven't found anything posted on this particular subject yet, but, is it possible to evenly split up the queues between all your available machines? I'm running DE with two PC's.
I think the way it is set up is best. The faster PC does more chunks, so the job ends faster

Killuah15
23rd July 2014, 00:01
Hey Atak, I've got this one problem again and i still don't know how to solve it...:

my Ripbot always says: DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
(H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

u think my avi file is corrupt or is something not installed?

also: everytime i want to watch the rendered video, media Player Classic is giving me this info (the text up in the window: "Media Player Classic - Home Cinema couldn't bind some pins in the Filter-Graph. eventually, there aren't important Codecs or Filters installed" I appolagies for bad english though): https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1084x655q90/913/492544.jpg

frencher
23rd July 2014, 00:20
It looks like you've hit 32 bit memory limit ;) Slower settings perform more intensive calculations on larger number of frames hence higher memory consumption.

very slow
http://i.cubeupload.com/lq5RAF.png

medium
http://i.cubeupload.com/oyGuN6.png

Solution: 64 bit OS + x264_x64.exe

Thank's Atak the future is 64 bit :goodpost:

Can you update 4K profile to next update :)

Strange Ripbot gives me 25 fps while the frame rate is 29.97 fps

http://i62.tinypic.com/skz708.png

DoomBot
23rd July 2014, 16:33
I'm trying to open a file that is a 2k avi but i get a message ( cannot play back the video stream no suitable decompressor could be found).
What is it that i need? I tried it on a 32bit xp system and windows 7 64bit.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2014, 16:45
show us mediainfo report for that avi

DoomBot
23rd July 2014, 16:52
Here ya go
http://s11.postimg.org/svpdz1hc3/avi.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2014, 16:56
Instead of Lagarith I would recommend using UT Video or MagicYUV.

DoomBot
23rd July 2014, 17:02
I got this file from someone else so i can't do a new avi from the source, unless you mean change this avi using one of the 2?

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2014, 17:04
It looks like you don't have this codec installed then http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Lagarith-Lossless-Video-Codec

DoomBot
23rd July 2014, 17:08
Oh man your right! Thank you so much Atak_Snajpera it worked!

I love your software by the way.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2014, 17:16
@Killuah15
mediainfo report please ;)

Killuah15
23rd July 2014, 18:48
General
CompleteName : H:\Dxtory\gerendert\Ohne Titel.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format_Profile : OpenDML
FileSize/String : 478 GiB
Duration/String : 45mn 49s
OverallBitRate/String : 1 493 Mbps
TCOD : 0
TCDO : 27491464000

Video
ID/String : 0
Format : RGB
CodecID : 0x00000000
CodecID/Info : Basic Windows bitmap format. 1, 4 and 8 bpp versions are palettised. 16, 24 and 32bpp contain raw RGB samples
BitRate/String : 1 492 Mbps
Width/String : 1 920 pixels
Height/String : 1 080 pixels
DisplayAspectRatio/String : 16:9
FrameRate/String : 29.970 fps
BitDepth/String : 8 bits
Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 24.000
StreamSize/String : 477 GiB (100%)

Audio
ID/String : 1
Format : PCM
Format_Settings_Endianness : Little
Format_Settings_Sign : Signed
CodecID : 1
BitRate_Mode/String : Constant
BitRate/String : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s)/String : 2 channels
SamplingRate/String : 48.0 KHz
BitDepth/String : 16 bits
StreamSize/String : 503 MiB (0%)
Alignment/String : Aligned on interleaves
Interleave_Duration/String : 250 ms (7.49 video frames)
Interleave_Preload/String : 250 ms

Hey, sorry for taking so long, i hope this is what you wanted to see...
(you know, I'm not an expert with mediainfo ^^)
i tried to render this video again, but I still get the error.
Another interesting fact: Ripbot264 is always demuxing the audio from the file, but when it wants to "Gather information" i get this error.
In the Job1 folder in the Ripbot264 folder, there is the demuxed audio (fully functional) but no video data (so the demux audio is working perfectly..)

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2014, 19:11
OMG! Why do you use uncompressed format??? Use UT Video or MagicYUV codecs for intermediate files!

Killuah15
23rd July 2014, 19:15
well I'm just following "orders" in a handbook to create videos xd, i sadly don't know how to use these codecs in vegas 12 :/

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?g6rml0ch392lf2p

allthough i have got enough free space for big files like these ^^ but do you think this is why Ripbot264 can't gather the information?

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2014, 19:26
UT Video has installer. Click exe and then select UT Video codec in vegas.

Killuah15
23rd July 2014, 19:32
Alright, I'm going to try that, you will get a post from me tomorrow :)
thanks for the help :)

EDIT: hey, i just tried this with a 10 seconds video, without UT video, i got the same error as using the nearly 500 Gb video.
with UT video as compressor, i get no error.

going to try that out tomorrow with my long video :)

EDIT 2: duuuuude, with UT Video, the rendering needed way less time then before, the output file is less 300 GB then before and RipBot264 can now demux audio and video. YOU are my hero :D
thank you very much for your help :)

damia
27th July 2014, 05:40
atak.. how to fix this ?? http://i.imgur.com/vi9KQ16.png after i try to re-install ripbot.. and happen this...

Atak_Snajpera
27th July 2014, 10:50
Compress content of C:\temp\ripbot264temp\job2 and send to mediafire or mega.co.nz. Do not include heavy files like audio or video.

damia
27th July 2014, 12:23
check atak.. already send using PM..

cypher007
28th July 2014, 10:16
trying to create some small mkv's from some large ones. basically going from 1080p dts-ma mkv to 720p ac3 stereo. im finding the result is a silent mkv. any ideas?

damia
29th July 2014, 19:19
trying to create some small mkv's from some large ones. basically going from 1080p dts-ma mkv to 720p ac3 stereo. im finding the result is a silent mkv. any ideas?

dts-ma to DTS try use Tsmuxer.. for Ac3 don't know.. :D

8ternity
5th August 2014, 00:29
Hi Atak,

I just seen your new version. Quite a long time i've not coming in the forum. Just made some computer changes!

Great work! Will test the newer version.

Thanks a lot for your good work.

8ternity

8ternity
5th August 2014, 00:31
dts-ma to DTS try use Tsmuxer.. for Ac3 don't know.. :D

You can use EAC3to in Ripbot264\Tools\ and install also EAC3toGUI.exe and you can downgrade DTS-HD MA to AC3 6CH or AC3 2CH.

You need to check 1 or 2 option(s):
- Downmix to 6CH (if you want ac3 6ch)
- Downmix to 2CH (if you want to 2CH)

EAC3to will convert it no problems to AC3 or DTS 6CH.

Check my attached files,.

PNC
8th August 2014, 17:14
i have mp4 file. openes in every player, ok!

try to coded in ripbot -
File could not be opened!
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 4)

wtf?

Atak_Snajpera
8th August 2014, 17:23
show mediainfo report of that file.

PNC
8th August 2014, 18:01
show mediainfo report of that file.

where i can get it?

soneca
8th August 2014, 18:36
where i can get it?

MediaInfo (http://mediaarea.net)

kwangkwang
9th August 2014, 05:42
Hi
not sure if this had been ask and answered before.

Is there a permanent solution to have eac3to not "-down16" the audio. I would like to convert the audio as is and not down it to 16bit. I have been editing the extractstream cmd file in job to re-extract and convert the audio at its original bit.

Thank you

Atak_Snajpera
9th August 2014, 09:51
24 bit very often contains empty 8 bits. Besides 24 bit is useless for end user because even 16 bit is above human hearing range.

PNC
10th August 2014, 06:24
try to coded in ripbot 1.17.15 -

MediaInfo (http://mediaarea.net)

General
Complete name : C:\Temp\asd.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
File size : 2.15 GiB
Duration : 30mn 14s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 10.2 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2014-01-02 19:13:21
Tagged date : UTC 2014-01-02 19:13:21

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 10 000 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.193
Stream size : 2.11 GiB (98%)
Language : English
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 160 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 326 Kbps
Channel count : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 34.6 MiB (2%)

any ideas?

george84
13th August 2014, 09:02
This is a minor docu problem.

After installing RipBot and starting it there pops up a window with missing components.

For FFDshow it refers to http://www.ffdshow.info/files

Opening this link in browser gives only empty page. So I assume I have to find link myself with googling.

Atak_Snajpera
13th August 2014, 10:23
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/

crackinhedz
18th August 2014, 16:43
Is there a way (like edit the .ini file) to auto select "core" audio before the demux? Sometimes I forget, and end up with the wav audio before I realize the mistake.

Greatly appreciated, thanks!

8ternity
20th August 2014, 19:48
@Atak

Did you received my bug regarding subtitles demuxed in "*.aac" and "*.dts" extension?

Thanks

agressiv
22nd August 2014, 01:45
1) Any chance to use QAAC as an M4A encoder instead of just Nero?
2) Any chance of turning off Demuxing of the audio streams when opening a file (and pushing that back to when you are actually starting a job) ?
3) If #2 is not possible, I'd love to just "turn off audio" altogether since I'll be encoding via QAAC on my own anyways.

FYI, I'm almost always opening files created via MakeMKV.

I love to queue up 10 jobs at once, but when demuxing a ton of audio each time I open a file, it really slows things down...

"Batch Mode" simply has too many limitations, can't crop, etc...

Atak_Snajpera
22nd August 2014, 10:20
1) Any chance to use QAAC as an M4A encoder instead of just Nero?
RipBot264 does not use Nero

2) Any chance of turning off Demuxing of the audio streams when opening a file (and pushing that back to when you are actually starting a job) ?
No. This is intentional design choice.

3) If #2 is not possible, I'd love to just "turn off audio" altogether since I'll be encoding via QAAC on my own anyways.
Why do you have to use QAAC? CT-AAC (Fraunhofer's aac) offers the same quality.

"Batch Mode" simply has too many limitations, can't crop, etc...
The problems with cropping are:
1) Different movies/videos may require different crop values.
2) Automatic cropping is not always safe. It will fail if source has many dark scenes.

If you can live with those problems then I will add cropping and deinterlacing option in batch mode.

slalom
22nd August 2014, 11:10
He will have to check cropping at every video added
So it's the same thing

agressiv
22nd August 2014, 13:17
Guess I didn't look that closely at the AAC encoder. Any way of going higher than 320kbit? This was the main reason I went to QAAC. The Profile folder only seems to have x264 profiles. The QAAC command line I use is --quality 2 --ignorelength -V 100, which gives around a ~512kbps average on a 5-channel track.

In terms of batch encoding, I automatically crop and then manually adjust the values, so it probably wouldn't be that useful if we had to accept the automatic value.

How about this idea on the demuxing - thread it into the background and just grey out the audio section until the demuxing is complete? That way we can at least do our cropping while it's demuxing.

Also, I noticed that if the source video doesn't have an audio track, chapters are not processed, and outside of adding a chapters file in the jobX_muxfiles.cmd manually, there doesn't seem to be way in the GUI to add a chapters file.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd August 2014, 20:58
512 kbps for 6ch is insane. aac at 256,320 kbps is already transparent. Sorry but i'm not big fan of placebo effect.

agressiv
22nd August 2014, 21:48
Compared to DTS / Lossless I thought it was fairly tame :(

agressiv
23rd August 2014, 17:07
So, I went to do some spectrum analyses of audio since I really didn't find must out there on audio tracks from movies; just music files. It's hard to do "blind tests" of a movie soundtrack simply due to length, and the fact that there is more silence in a movie than a music track alone.

So, here's the results what I analyzed:
* Lossless Source (http://i.imgur.com/mGOepYb.png) (flac)
* QAAC at TVBR 100 (http://i.imgur.com/25GkEhs.png) (529kbps) (aac)
* QAAC at TVBR 63 (http://i.imgur.com/iX7nMy2.png) (344kbps) (aac)
* OPUS (http://i.imgur.com/B2cPtUk.png) (320kbps) (opus)
* FH-AAC (http://i.imgur.com/W9y9gNl.png) (318kbps) (aac)

I used RipBot's default settings for 320kbps encodes for OPUS and FH-AAC.

Conclusions
* The original source has a wide frequency response, much higher than 20khz, which most people can't hear. It's no surprise that lossy compression will clip here.
* Both OPUS and QAAC 100 clip around 20khz, QAAC goes a tad higher.
* QAAC 63 clips around 16.5khz. Not uploaded, but QAAC 54 (309kbps) clips around 16.1khz.
* I was impressed with OPUS (via MPC-HC), but even XBMC (Kodi) alpha2 doesn't support it yet, which is my primary platform. (it sees it as an audio track but won't play it, although the "Bleeding edge" nightly builds seem to work)
* FH-AAC clips below 16khz. I'd say, if you are going that low (and that's the highest setting in RipBot), it's not transparent. Of course, that is subjective, but I wouldn't call it placebo.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd August 2014, 18:56
FH-AAC clips below 16khz. I'd say, if you are going that low (and that's the highest setting in RipBot), it's not transparent. Of course, that is subjective, but I wouldn't call it placebo.
If you can't hear it then it is placebo. Most adult people do not hear anything above 16-18 Khz. You can do simple test in audacity.

You can do additional listening test with 128kbps stereo music (64 kbps per channel). I guarantee that You won't be able to tell whether sound is loosely compressed or not.

Even with 96kbps (48kbps per channel) I have problems to hear difference here
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170938

agressiv
23rd August 2014, 19:54
What equipment are you using to do these tests?

I have studio monitors on my main workstation, and while my home theater is mid-range, if the original recording is solid, in general, I can tell things apart. Maybe not 320kbps audio from flac, but I use flac to keep a *reference* recording so that I always have the original quality.

I downloaded sample 15 from that sound page.

For one, the recording of that garage band is terrible, and the dynamic range and frequency response is hardly indicative of anything. When a band has distortion effects on both the guitar and vocals, the quality of the lossy audio is fairly pointless, although some of them were extremely obvious. Just listen to the hi-hat.

Samples 17+19 are lone voices. Not worthy of testing for what I care about.

Sample 21 is an orchestra, and is again, primarly midrange.

I tried a few others, but none, to me, were anything above a low-range test, which is, I guess, what they are going after.

My point is, I wouldn't use a music blind test of primarly low-fi recordings as a basis for 5.1 sound from a sci-fi movie - it's apples and oranges.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd August 2014, 20:26
I use decent headphones and apple's aac sounds very good for me.

320 kbps for 5.1 is the same as 128 kbps for 2.0. Note lfe is very easy to compress therefore we do not count it. In both cases you have 64 kbps per channel.

soneca
28th August 2014, 00:47
v1.18.0 BETA 1

Added: Support for x265 (DE mode works as well)
Added: Permanent Subtitles option in Batch Mode (automatically renders subtitles on frame if subtitles have the same name as video file)
Added: AVS meter (You can easily check processing speed of your script)
Added: workaround for crashing encoding client at the very end (while closing form)
Changed: encoded audio is now stored in Jobx folder
Updated: ffmpeg 2014-05-24, mediainfo 0.7.69 , MKVToolnix 6.9.1 , x264 r2431 , x265 1.10.114

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3913jh3qu2vjfh/RipBot264v1.18.0_BETA1.7z

ToDo
Atak, delayed support for additional audio track or is no longer on the list?

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2014, 09:40
Delayed. It will require more work than I initially thought.

agressiv
4th September 2014, 23:37
Several bugs with the new version:
1) Distributed Encoding Broken
I'm doing some test HEVC encodes using the new version. There seems to be a bug during the joining of chunks where video stream is getting frozen at a point right where the chunks would be joined. I took an 8 second sample and shrunk it down to 720p. Note that I get the same behavior in x264 mode, so it's nothing with HEVC. (And you get it at every break of the chunks, so it's many times throughout the entire video)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ny3zby56wyzgr7/hevc-problem.mkv?dl=1

This pause at the 4-5 second mark of video is right where two chunks are joined, and you only get this with a distributed encode; you don't get it in an standalone encode. The audio never goes out of sync though. This is reproducible every time, even if you clear the job. Original file is tested fine (extracted via makemkv) The pause seems to be 26 frames, so 25 are getting dropped.

2) Cancelling Encoding
If you cancel an encode, it muxes a video anyways. This is new behavior. Its usually the previous video in the queue with the audio of the aborted encode.

3) Killing Encoding kills all processes with that process name
If you abort a job, it kills all processes that match the encoder name (e.g. x265_x64.exe). It should just abort the specific PID. (I sometimes encode using other tools and it is aborting those jobs).

Atak_Snajpera
5th September 2014, 09:25
Several bugs with the new version:
1) Distributed Encoding Broken
I'm doing some test HEVC encodes using the new version. There seems to be a bug during the joining of chunks where video stream is getting frozen at a point right where the chunks would be joined. I took an 8 second sample and shrunk it down to 720p. Note that I get the same behavior in x264 mode, so it's nothing with HEVC. (And you get it at every break of the chunks, so it's many times throughout the entire video)

Can you send me original file (5-10 min long) ?

2) Cancelling Encoding
If you cancel an encode, it muxes a video anyways. This is new behavior. Its usually the previous video in the queue with the audio of the aborted encode.
Yep. I've known about that. I basically forgot to do something about that.

3) Killing Encoding kills all processes with that process name
If you abort a job, it kills all processes that match the encoder name (e.g. x265_x64.exe). It should just abort the specific PID. (I sometimes encode using other tools and it is aborting those jobs).
If I find extra time I will change that.

agressiv
5th September 2014, 14:10
Can you send me original file (5-10 min long) ?

Well, the total encode is about 3.5gb, so I've taken a 10 minute sample which includes the pause from the small clip:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhay366pl9fqt14/test.mkv?dl=1

The pauses are here:

0:13
1:13
2:13
6:13
7:14
9:14

Not sure why there wasn't a pause every single minute, as the chunks all seem to be right around one minute, or ~1460 frames (23.976fps), give or take 10-30 frames. I did see a "-seek" in the batch file for avs2yuv but I honestly don't remember if that was there before.

sneaker_ger
5th September 2014, 14:23
That is not the original file, now, is it?

agressiv
5th September 2014, 15:28
OK, I guess I misread. Below is the unedited 10 minute clip which should align fairly close to the above 10 minute clip. The only thing I did was change the audio track to opus for size's sake.

It's still huge though, 2.3gb.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dalgdj8jtxhiqa6/original.mkv?dl=1

sneaker_ger
5th September 2014, 15:59
The sample looks like open GOP.

@Atak_Snajpera
How does RipBot split the source segments for distributed encoding? Does it just use Trim() or is there some file splitting using e.g. mkvmerge?

agressiv
5th September 2014, 17:44
For what it's worth, I can't get the problem to occur with the 10 minute sample. In the original encode, the first time it appears is at the 12:01 mark.

I see Trim in the source avs chunks. He's using FFMpegSource as a decoder (ffms2.dll).

Here's some examples:
90.avs
Trim(128119,129584)
91.avs
Trim(129562,131036)
92.avs
Trim(131021,132467)

Notice the overlap, guessing that is where the -seek parameters come in for avs2yuv.

Edit: Will extract the first 13 minutes and see if I can get it at the same point. FYI, I'm using ffmpeg and copying the stream using -c copy, so there is no transcoding of video, just splicing. If I can reproduce it, I'll upload the new 13 minute file.

Edit 2: Doesn't happen in the smaller clip. Not sure what to do now :/

agressiv
5th September 2014, 18:55
Progress:

so, in the original chunks directory, if you encode 12.avs and 13.avs, you'll exhibit the problem. And to go further, if you look at the output from 13 alone, you'll see the video pause in the first ~20 frames. So, I swapped out the ffmpeg encoder and replaced it with dgdecnv and another with DirectShowSource:

Original:
#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("\\MACHINE\RipBot264temp\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms2.dll")
video=FFVideoSource("\\MACHINE\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",threads=1)

New 1:
#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("D:\Movies\Utilities\Plugins\DGDecodeNV.dll")
video=DGSource("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.dgi")

New 2:
#VideoSource
video=DirectShowSource("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv")

The two chunks with DGSource and DirectShowSource are fluid. So, the problem lies with FFVideoSource. I don't see many options for ffmsindex out there and haven't worked with it much myself.

FWIW, I'm using the latest ffdshow tryout, from 2014-06-28. Hopefully this helps.

Atak_Snajpera
5th September 2014, 19:15
1) Download latest FFMS2 (https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases)
2) Delete everything in \Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms and in X:\temp\RipBot264temp\Tools folder
3) Extract .7z file to \Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms
4) Copy all 3 files (ffms2.dll,ffms2.lib,ffmsindex.exe) from \Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\x86 to \Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms

FFMS 2.20 change log
Add support for Opus in MKV when ffmpeg/libav are built with libopus (qyot27)
vapoursource: Provide _AbsoluteTime metadata (Daemon404)
Fix a pile of small things found by Coverity (Daemon404)
Add support for HEVC in MKV (qyot27)
Fix infinite loop on garbage data at the beginning of AAC files (Plorkyeran)
Deal with the never-ending bitrot from FFmpeg/Libav API changes (Daemon404, Plorkyeran)
Make indexes not arch-specific and trivially smaller (Plorkyeran)
Fix bug where the first b-frame was replaced with the frame before it with open-gop h.264 (Plorkyeran)
Fix seeking issues with open-gop h.264 (Plorkyeran)
Fix corruption when seeking in interlaced h.264 (Plorkyeran)
Add support for multiple frames per audio packet as FFmpeg seems to have started doing that (Plorkyeran)
Fix seeking in Y4M files (Plorkyeran)
Fix dumping audio while indexing files
Add support for Matroska files with extremely large CodecPrivate sections
Speed up indexing Matroska files a bit

I hope this will fix your issue.

agressiv
5th September 2014, 19:43
Thanks for the quick reply. That indeed was the fix to the problem. Guessing this has been there all along, not sure how common Open GOP is.

god_md5
8th September 2014, 20:01
i test this file in new ver, output file audio is not sysc
is mpeg2 mkv is not support ?

General
Unique ID : 171435581583958161567804975391055812920 (0x80F94AC134E31002BADE9C7943EC1938)
Complete name : C:\140908 secret.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 461 MiB
Duration : 3mn 41s
Overall bit rate : 17.4 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2014-09-08 12:28:49
Writing application : mkvmerge v7.1.0 ('Good Love') 64bit built on Jul 27 2014 13:06:55
Writing library : libebml v1.3.0 + libmatroska v1.4.1
DURATION : 00:03:41.472000000
NUMBER_OF_FRAMES : 6921
NUMBER_OF_BYTES : 10630656
_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP : mkvmerge v7.1.0 ('Good Love') 64bit built on Jul 27 2014 13:06:55
_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC : 2014-09-08 12:28:49
_STATISTICS_TAGS : BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES

Video
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : V_MPEG2
Codec ID/Info : MPEG 1 or 2 Video
Bit rate : 16.7 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 65.0 Mbps
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.269
Time code of first frame : 17:18:05;05
Time code source : Group of pictures header
Stream size : 442 MiB (96%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Bit depth : 16 bits
Delay relative to video : -446ms
Stream size : 10.2 MiB (2%)
Language : Korean
Default : Yes
Forced : No

god_md5
9th September 2014, 11:35
maybe the audio delay is mkvmerge bug

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1692567#post1692567

This has been fixed in mkvmerge:
https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre/

Atak_Snajpera
9th September 2014, 14:44
Post some 50-100 MB sample of ORIGINAL UNTOUCHED file and I will take a look. Use mkvmerge gui (mmg.exe) to prepare sample and send it to mediafire or mega.

sneaker_ger
9th September 2014, 15:10
maybe the audio delay is mkvmerge bug
That bug was only related to mp4 sources.

This problem must be in the way RipBot treats the input. If MediaInfo reports a negative audio delay in mkv it likely actually means a positive video delay, i.e.:
First video timestamp: +446 ms
First audio timestamp: +0 ms

RipBot does not seem to handle that.

glas-klar
12th September 2014, 11:52
Hi,

I`m just using ripbot264 with a PC System with Quad Core 3,4 GHZ.
But now, I want to buy a new PC (or Mac) The performance with ripbot is my most important criterium.
My Questions:
- Does ripbot support also 6-Core or more?
- What is the best hardware configuration for Ripbot?

Thanks in advance,
Glas-Klar

Wishbringer
12th September 2014, 13:11
@glas-klar:
there is no "best"!

x264 scales good even on newest 18 core Intel Xeon Multiprocessor CPUs.
RipBot even supports multicomputer encodes.

So Question is, what is an optimal relation between price and power.

Imho Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 Multiracks...

73ChargerFan
13th September 2014, 20:27
Just upgraded from 1.17.4 to 1.18.0 and it converts m2ts file to mkv as a first step? Can I skip that and do the old analysis step instead? The stream I'm having problems with is 60i extra from a blu-ray with mixed 29.97 & 23.96 portions (I think) and I always used RipBot264 previously to decimate and "clean up" mixed up streams like this.

Also what if I try to do a full blu-ray movie? Would it copy and convert a 40GB m2ts into a mkv beforehand?

Are there links to earlier versions? The last copy I have is 1.17.0.

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2014, 21:41
File won't be remuxed if you change file extension from .m2ts to .mts.

soneca
13th September 2014, 21:43
Are there links to earlier versions? The last copy I have is 1.17.0.

Old Versions (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264/old-versions#download)

73ChargerFan
13th September 2014, 23:10
Thanks. I misunderstood my problem, but am trying to find a solution and learn along the way.

The stream contains mixed interlaced and progressive elements, 64.37% VIDEO per DGIndex. It's an extras feature on a blu-ray.

I think the encode is 1 minute longer than the original:
orig is 21mn 14s and the audio is in sync throughout
muxed raw encode with ac3 is 22mn 8s (39813 frames) and the audio lags 1 minute by the end.
Is this a result of the mixed video / film? Am I just hosed with this stream?

Is there a tool that will actually count the number of frames?

This may be a mkvtoolnix bug, not sure yet. More info below:

job1.avs:
#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace
LoadCplugin("C:\Apps\Ripbot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
video=yadif(video,mode=0,order=1)

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Apps\Ripbot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_Undetermined.ac3")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength
Trim(0,38181)

#ColorSpace

00005.d2v:

DGIndexProjectFile16
D:\1\00005.m2ts

Stream_Type=2
MPEG2_Transport_PID=1011,1100,1001
Transport_Packet_Size=192
MPEG_Type=2
iDCT_Algorithm=6
YUVRGB_Scale=1
Luminance_Filter=0,0
Clipping=0,0,0,0
Aspect_Ratio=4:3
Picture_Size=720x480
Field_Operation=0
Frame_Rate=29970 (30000/1001)
Location=0,0,0,70ab5

d00 5 0 768 0 0 0 b2 b2 92 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2
900 5 0 215232 0 0 0 32 32 92 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2
900 5 0 440832 0 0 0 32 32 92 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2
900 5 0 770688 0 0 0 32 32 92 b2 b2 a2 f3 b0 e1 b2 f3 a0
900 5 0 1149504 0 0 0 71 32 d3 b0 f1 a2 f3 b0 e1 b2 f3 a0
900 5 0 1525248 0 0 0 71 32 d3 b0 f1 a2 f3 b0 e1 b2 f3 a0
900 5 0 944651136 0 0 0 30 30 90 b0 b0 a0 b0 b0 a0 b0 b0 a0
900 5 0 944867904 0 0 0 30 30 90 f1 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2
900 5 0 945044736 0 0 0 32 32 92 b2 a2 ff

FINISHED 64.37% VIDEO

PNC
15th September 2014, 16:46

try to coded in ripbot -

wtf? anyone can help me?!!!

Kamenizer
16th September 2014, 02:05
In previous versions, when I choose the option to hardcode subtitles, automatically opened the folder where was the job (generally job1) and the subtitle track was right there, because the program extracted it when you added a video; but now it doesn't, I have to extract the subtitle with other program and then choose the folder where is extracted. I know is something meaningless, but it was very practical for me. It's no fault of my PC, because I tried previous versions and all of them, except the 1.18 extract the subtitles. Very great program, many thanks for all your work.

burt123
16th September 2014, 13:07
Hi,

I`m just using ripbot264 with a PC System with Quad Core 3,4 GHZ.
But now, I want to buy a new PC (or Mac) The performance with ripbot is my most important criterium.
My Questions:
- Does ripbot support also 6-Core or more?
- What is the best hardware configuration for Ripbot?

Thanks in advance,
Glas-Klar

Ripbot 1.18.0 runs VERY well on my Xeon E5-2697 v2, 12 core.

Does Ripbot work with Mac OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) ???

george84
16th September 2014, 19:36
RipBot264 1.18.0

I try to encode HEVC and get above error message. A look at directory .../tools/x265 shows that both exe files have same size and date.

Is HEVC only possible on x64 machines?

agressiv
16th September 2014, 21:49
Bug?: TrueHD streams in MKV no longer detecting; showing as [NO AUDIO]. Not sure if something in ffdshow needs to be tweaked; I tried a bunch of settings to no avail. It used to automatically transcode TrueHD to flac.

Request: Detect OPUS streams in MKV. (Same result) I have to manually de-mux streams in advance, and manually add OPUS.

Somewhat related question - how do I save the Audio profile? Or do you have to set that manually every time?

Atak_Snajpera
16th September 2014, 22:06
All those bugs have been fixed in my local version. New version tomorrow.

hoju3508
17th September 2014, 18:45

try to coded in ripbot -

wtf? anyone can help me?!!!

Do you have a small sample of the file that you can share?

j6
18th September 2014, 00:20
I installed Ripbot 1.18.1 on a new PC. It prompted me to install avisynth and ffdshow which i did. Now when I try to play .webm files in MPC-HC it only plays the audio. It was playing both audio and video before I installed the avisynth and ffdshow. Is there some settings I have to change to get .webm files playing correctly again?

Marchand
18th September 2014, 01:07
Atak_Snajpera

Great Software...Thanks..

C:\>"C:\Users\Marchand\Downloads\RipBot264v1.18.1\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -o - | "C:\Users\Marchand\Downloads\RipBot264v1.18.1\tools\x265\x265_x64.exe" --crf 16 --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 179 --sar 1:1 --y4m --output "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" -
y4m [info]: 1920x1080 fps 24000/1001 i420p8 sar 1:1 unknown frame count
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 1.3+199-7c1aba99f40d
x265 [info]: build info [Windows][ICC 1400][64 bit] 16bpp
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.1 Cache64
x265 [info]: WPP streams / pool / frames : 35 / 4 / 2
x265 [info]: Main10 profile, Level-4 (Main tier)
x265 [info]: Internal bit depth : 10
x265 [info]: CU size : 64
x265 [info]: Max RQT depth inter / intra : 1 / 1
x265 [info]: ME / range / subpel / merge : hex / 57 / 2 / 2
x265 [info]: Keyframe min / max / scenecut : 24 / 240 / 40
x265 [info]: Lookahead / bframes / badapt : 20 / 4 / 2
x265 [info]: b-pyramid / weightp / weightb / refs: 1 / 1 / 0 / 3
x265 [info]: Rate Control / AQ-Strength / CUTree : CRF-16.0 / 1.0 / 1
x265 [info]: tools: rd=3 lft sao-lcu signhide
C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 1920x1080, 10000000/417083 fps, 179 frames

encoded 179 frames in 230.06s (0.78 fps), 6888.01 kb/s

x265 [info]: frame I: 2, Avg QP:14.47 kb/s: 4346.95
x265 [info]: frame P: 52, Avg QP:15.66 kb/s: 16186.58
x265 [info]: frame B: 125, Avg QP:19.76 kb/s: 3060.46
x265 [info]: global : 179, Avg QP:18.51 kb/s: 6888.01
x265 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:13.5% UV:13.5%
x265 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 9.3% 9.3% 25.9% 51.9% 3.7%

C:\>"C:\Users\Marchand\Downloads\RipBot264v1.18.1\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Users\Marchand\Desktop\video.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "video" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:und --aac-is-sbr 0:0 "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac"
mkvmerge v7.2.0 ('On Every Street') 32bit built on Sep 13 2014 15:42:11
'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265': Using the demultiplexer for the format 'HEVC/h.265'.
'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac': Using the demultiplexer for the format 'AAC'.
'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265' track 0: Using the output module for the format 'HEVC/h.265 (unframed)'.
'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac' track 0: Using the output module for the format 'AAC'.
The file 'C:\Users\Marchand\Desktop\video.mkv' has been opened for writing.
'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265' track 0: Extracted the aspect ratio information from the HEVC video data and set the display dimensions to 1920/1080.

The cue entries (the index) are being written...
Muxing took 0 seconds.

Elapsed Time: 00h:03m:53s

PNC
18th September 2014, 12:17

i have mediainfo:

General
Complete name : C:\Temp\asd.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
File size : 2.15 GiB
Overall bit rate : 10.2 Mbps

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 10 000 Kbps
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.193
Stream size : 2.11 GiB (98%)
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate : 160 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 326 Kbps
Channel count : 2 channels
Stream size : 34.6 MiB (2%)

sample I will try to cut today evening.

DNDR
18th September 2014, 12:52
I got message warning! With must be mod 4. What does this mean? What should i do?

https://www.anonimg.com/img/7cbd38fd4ba5ff4ca2b718797b9a4fea.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
18th September 2014, 12:54
Use correct crop values. YV12 color space requires correct resolution.

Ps. I suspect that your file has weird odd resolution.

slalom
18th September 2014, 15:46
I got message warning! With must be mod 4. What does this mean? What should i do?

https://www.anonimg.com/img/7cbd38fd4ba5ff4ca2b718797b9a4fea.jpg
The width of the video (pixels) must give a number without decimals when divided by 4
Use resize to fix it

Kamenizer
19th September 2014, 02:48
Something very weird is happening to me. With the new version ,every time that I close the program, windows automatically shutdown, with a warning message that a process suddenly stopped. I use Windows XP, I don't know if the new version still has support or is that the cause of the problem. Many thanks again for this great piece of software.

PNC
19th September 2014, 08:31

chek PM!

Augestflex
20th September 2014, 17:08
Wow, excited to try out 1.18 and figure out what I need to know about H265.

Keep up the great work!

squezer
20th September 2014, 17:21
Hi, Atak,

ripbot 1.18.1:
after the job is done the output file is totally missing... :confused:
Twice. :mad: 2 lost hours.

I noticed in the input file name multiple dots "." which are converted by ripbot to " " - could that be the problem?

Input is disk F, output is root of the disk D.

Atak_Snajpera
20th September 2014, 17:32
check logs in Log folder

squezer
20th September 2014, 18:58
log is missing too... :confused:

3rd time I renamed the input and output file just to one word, used CQ instead of 2pass method and it is ok now - even the log is still in log folder.
I do not know, what to think about it now.

Maybe I will try it again with old name and let you know...

edit:
it is "á" letter in "Kráska":
Error: (mkvextract) The file 'F:\kreslene\Krßska.mkv' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Output file is not written then.
So, the "." and " " are OK... but what archaic system does not support "á" ...

scotts1919
24th September 2014, 14:21
Hello. I love the ripbot software but is it possible to encode the full dts ma track with it? From what i can tell it only supports the core track, would much rather have the full dts ma. Also another request ould be the ability to encode multiple audio tracks with the video, ac3, dtsma, dts core etc.

thanks and keep up the good work

slalom
24th September 2014, 19:27
You can copy stream dts-ma, what exactly do you mean?

scotts1919
24th September 2014, 20:14
what i mean is that when i use ripbot and select the dtsma track and select wav, it demuxes the file then i get to the encoding settings and under profile i cant choose anything.

BlockABoots
25th September 2014, 00:10
Why if i have a capture file that is .mp4 format after ripbot has finished encoding it do i sound like a chipmunk??, .avi files have the audio at a normal speed but .mp4 files the audio is super fast. Any ideas why this happens?

slalom
25th September 2014, 07:25
what i mean is that when i use ripbot and select the dtsma track and select wav, it demuxes the file then i get to the encoding settings and under profile i cant choose anything.
You can only convert it to aac or ac3, still don't get it.

burt123
27th September 2014, 04:56
Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to run Ripbot on a Mac, OSX Mavericks ???

I guess it would also depend whether the supporting programs can be run on a Mac, as well.

I'm thinkin the answer will be a firm, NO !!!!

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2014, 10:10
you will have to install windows os because ripbot is win32 application.

klopsknoedel
28th September 2014, 20:00
Something very weird is happening to me. With the new version ,every time that I close the program, windows automatically shutdown, with a warning message that a process suddenly stopped.

Similar thing here on Windows 8.1U1. Everytime I start an HEVC-Job with "Shutdown with all Jobs finished" checked, Windows shuts down immediatly. Seemes the Job is "finished" without any processing happens.

klopsknoedel
28th September 2014, 22:13
Atak your private message quota is exceeded. So I have to post it here:

"Me again. It's the preset"Veryslow" which end in this error on hevc-encoding. Haven't tried others but default works. May every preset but default won't encode."

Best Regards

damia
29th September 2014, 11:59
hai atak.. thanks for new version.. but have little problem in DE.. look like bug or something.. ex when in proses encoding at 70% and stuck there.. and write bps..also this problem ..http://i.imgur.com/BdshHJq.png i don't know what that mean.. can u check??

Atak_Snajpera
29th September 2014, 12:25
Do you see the same in Encoding server app?

damia
29th September 2014, 13:42
yes.. and sometimes when 100% frames encode and restart again encode ...

Atak_Snajpera
29th September 2014, 14:46
Was x264/x265 still in memory?

damia
29th September 2014, 14:48
no.... how i can contact u?? ym ?

glas-klar
30th September 2014, 07:01
Ripbot 1.18.0 runs VERY well on my Xeon E5-2697 v2, 12 core.

Does Ripbot work with Mac OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) ???

Thanks for that info. At the moment I configurate a new PC System
with the new Core i7-5960X (8-Core) I`m really nosy how many speed plus this means with ripbot compared with my old I5-3570 Quad Core.

Best
Glas-Klar

damia
30th September 2014, 20:32
atak.. how to i solve this problem??

Atak_Snajpera
30th September 2014, 21:12
you can't. x264/x265 probably silently terminated encoding due to some decoding error. I'm not a fortune teller to tell you how to fix that from distance.

agressiv
2nd October 2014, 03:42
I'm randomly getting errors on a second pass of x265 encoding.

I can clear the "chunks" directory and try it again, and it might work, it might not. I'm currently at a 50% failure rate though. (That is, 1 chunk failing on 2nd pass breaks the whole encode)

Here are the custom x265 parameters:
--rd 4 --psy-rd 1.0 --psy-rdoq 1.0 --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 2

Here is what is being output:
x265 [error]: statistics are damaged at line 14391, parser out=5

aborted at input frame 1, output frame 0

encoded 0 frames
error: wrote only 2908515 of 2922480 bytes

Line 14391 is the second to last line of the stats file, and 14394 is the last line.

in:14391 out:14391 type:B q:31.69 q-aq:24.59 tex:73744 mv:i1n4:169 1m4i3s9c0:i1n075 ic:u :out:104.003143929 pcu:2 typ eo6u266t::1.87 scu4b 3:9q:31 41t7ype.13 ;
32:b. 83 q-aqq::27.11 tex:30371 mv:9527 misc:881 icu:0.00 pcu:324243.10 scu.83: q-aq:3440.90 ;
27.08 tex:34662 mv:8977 misc:711 icu:0.00 pcu:4485.17 scu:3198.83 ;
in:14394 out:14394 type:i q:29.38 q-aq:23.66 tex:369489 mv:14067 misc:1494 icu:7684.00 pcu:0.00 scu:0.00 ;

It is clear that x265 is not appending to the text file properly. (You can see a new line intermixed with the bad line) I might replace x265_x64.exe with either a newer GCC version or one of the Intel/MSVC++ versions. This is 8.cmd/8.avs, and I've re-done pass 1 on my own and it has worked.

Here's what it should look like:
in:14391 out:14391 type:B q:31.69 q-aq:24.59 tex:73909 mv:14212 misc:1262 icu:0.00 pcu:6148.03 scu:1535.97 ;
in:14390 out:14392 type:b q:32.82 q-aq:27.10 tex:30757 mv:8467 misc:680 icu:0.00 pcu:4205.84 scu:3478.16 ;
in:14392 out:14393 type:b q:32.82 q-aq:27.07 tex:34101 mv:8824 misc:755 icu:0.00 pcu:4426.48 scu:3257.52 ;
in:14394 out:14394 type:i q:29.38 q-aq:23.66 tex:369489 mv:14067 misc:1494 icu:7684.00 pcu:0.00 scu:0.00 ;

cutree files are identical, so it's just the text file that gets corrupt.

Here's the version I'm using:
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 1.3+206-199e8f2e0d54abd1
x265 [info]: build info [Windows][GCC 4.9.1][64 bit] 8bpp
x265 [info]: Compiling by snayper [x265.ru]

This is my first time using 2-pass encoding with RipBot, so I'm only assuming that the larger chunk size is normal.

Edit: I have a bunch of encodes queued up overnight with this below version, will let you know how it goes:
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 1.3+282-32f50df7fa7672f4
x265 [info]: build info [Windows][GCC 4.9.1][64 bit] 8bpp
x265 [info]: Compiling by snayper [x265.ru]
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2 FMA3 LZCNT BMI2

rc71
2nd October 2014, 05:04
Love the h265 support. Its working well.

soneca
3rd October 2014, 00:10
Atak, you could add a function to keep the aspect ratio?
In many movies where the aspect ratio is unusual, we have to fix manually.

agressiv
3rd October 2014, 12:45
GCC Build 282 had the same problems.

I switch to an intel build:
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 1.3+330-50490cd35e57
x265 [info]: build info [Windows][ICC 1400][64 bit] 8bpp
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2 FMA3 LZ CNT BMI2

I've had 6 straight successful 2-pass encodes without problems.