PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

west
23rd March 2008, 01:14
Why do you convert mkv with mkv2vob??????? Use m2ts from bluray structure instead. (I assume you have PS3). Log file should be in /Logs Directory

I am trying to stream to the ps3 via tversity... it does not recognize m2ts (from wut i kno) and when u do just change the container to say mpeg i get picture that pixelates and breakes up... and i also dont get the audio desired... the audio is in highdef and not compatible with the streaming capabilities of the ps3.. thus that is y i use mkv2vob... unless there is another option i have failed to acknowledge please fill me in... thanks for your help

heres the log i got for converting the m2ts to mkv:

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Desktop\rb\tools\x264\x264.exe"
"C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 2 --analyse none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (692 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 Cache64

encoded frames: 1/692 (0.1%), 5.35 fps, eta 0:02:09

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Desktop\rb\tools\x264\x264.exe"
"C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (692 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 Cache64

x264 [error]: ratecontrol_init: can't open stats file

x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Desktop\rb\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\My Documents\Downloads\xx\BDMV\STREAM\00020.mkv" --default-duration 0:23.976fps -d 0 -A -S "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.dga PID 1100 C+L+R+SL+SR 48 1536.dts" --track-order 0:0,1:0

mkvmerge v2.1.0 ('Another Place To Fall') built on Aug 19 2007 13:45:12

Error: The file 'C:\DOCUME~1\xxx~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' has unknown type. Please have a look at the supported file types ('mkvmerge --list-types') and contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> if your file type is supported but not recognized properly.

Ajax_Undone
23rd March 2008, 02:01
Ok the latest and last installer for RipBot264 is up enjoy...

As my signature says I have gotten a developer position at my job so I wont be making installers anymore...

deets
23rd March 2008, 02:58
aww thats bad news for us but good news for you :)

a quick Q regarding ripbot, can it make an mp4 that plays on both psp and ipod? someone asked me if they could use it to make just the one file for both devices and i have no clue :o

~bT~
23rd March 2008, 03:41
^ yes it does. the iPod version should play in PSP too.

xaero
23rd March 2008, 06:32
hello again Atak_Snajpera.

i ran into another problem.. im not good at this kinda stuff so please bear with me.. >.<

i tried to encode this file :
http://freetexthost.com/o43cnswtfv

but everytime i do so, mpc pops up and give me this :
DirectShowSource: couldn't open file E:\<titleofvideofile-h264.aac>.mkv:
No combination of filter could be found to render the stream.
(C:\DOCUME~1\Xaero\LOCAS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 1)

i tried to remux it with mmg but i got the same error...

Atak_Snajpera
23rd March 2008, 06:44
Install/Reinstall FFDSHow and Haali Media Splitter

I noticed you are the creator of that nice little "MediaInfo" application. Great work! As you are the Author of this, I thought maybe you could do the following...

I'm not MediInfo author.

IYG
23rd March 2008, 09:11
I have a question.
When I reduce the resolution, with the same file size why doesn't the bit rate increase?

Ryu77
23rd March 2008, 10:45
I'm not MediInfo author.

Yes, I just realised that you created a GUI for that app but Zenitram is the actual Author of that application.

I know that we can look at that MediaInfo application to see what encoding options are enabled in the h264 file. From there we can identify it's "true" level. It would be nice to have an application that could automate this though.

Something that could just scan a h264 file and state if it is Blu-ray stand alone/PS3 compatible or not.

Hmmm... I wish I knew how to create software. Atak, where can I start to learn about acquiring such a skill like yours?

~bT~
23rd March 2008, 12:48
I have a question.
When I reduce the resolution, with the same file size why doesn't the bit rate increase?

coz its not supposed to. that's not how things work.

~bT~
23rd March 2008, 12:50
Yes, I just realised that you created a GUI for that app but Zenitram is the actual Author of that application.

I know that we can look at that MediaInfo application to see what encoding options are enabled in the h264 file. From there we can identify it's "true" level. It would be nice to have an application that could automate this though.

Something that could just scan a h264 file and state if it is Blu-ray stand alone/PS3 compatible or not.

Hmmm... I wish I knew how to create software. Atak, where can I start to learn about acquiring such a skill like yours?

doesn't avinaptic work? and which gui did Atak make for Zenitram

Ryu77
23rd March 2008, 15:00
doesn't avinaptic work? and which gui did Atak make for Zenitram

What does avinaptic do? I am looking for a tool that scans a h264 file and even if it is tagged or encoded in the 5.1 level profile, it can identify if it can indeed be tagged as 4.1 and fit into that profile correctly?

In other words something that can identify the h264 streams true profile level by scanning the encoding options used, not something that simply reads the metadata.

For example... We can change the metadata to label a h264 stream as baseline profile, level 3.0 (or below) but that doesn't mean it will play on an iPod. Changing the metadata, doesn't "make" it fit into that profile.

Atak made a GUI for MediaInfo as I mentioned. Atak's GUI is labelled MediaInfoRaw...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1097168#post1097168

survivant001
23rd March 2008, 16:16
@Atak_Snajpera

another requests for you .. with theses you won't sleep soon :)

#1 - be able to add multiple audio track (was requested by me few days ago. I have a mkv in english and french. I want to create a bluray with the two audio track)

#2 - when you detect audio track in a mkv, if you found subtitles, extract them too and add a option in the main menu, not in the properties(now we have to extract them manually and import them manually)

#3 - support tsmuxer 1.6b (it had the split file .. yéééé)

#4 - be able to add multiple input in the same bluray output. Liek include job 1,job2,job3,job5 into one output (a new option in the jobs list screen). It will be really usefull for anime bluray.

#5 - add a feature in the .ini. Like Last avs script line. Like that you could add filters into the avs and it's only for advanced users :)

Atak_Snajpera
23rd March 2008, 22:18
#2 - when you detect audio track in a mkv, if you found subtitles, extract them too and add a option in the main menu, not in the properties(now we have to extract them manually and import them manually)

I've noticed that Roman is going to implement srt support in near future so this feature will get the highest priority.

#5 - add a feature in the .ini. Like Last avs script line. Like that you could add filters into the avs and it's only for advanced users

This should be easy to implement.

#3 - support tsmuxer 1.6b (it had the split file .. yéééé)

I still see no reason for doing that. If you want to split file use TSMuxer directly.

#1 - be able to add multiple audio track (was requested by me few days ago. I have a mkv in english and french. I want to create a bluray with the two audio track)
Why do you need two audio tracks in HD rip?

Atak, where can I start to learn about acquiring such a skill like yours?
Do not overestimate me :) I started my adventure with Delphi after high school. Before that I was playing in basic on my ancient C64 :) Good old days.

survivant001
23rd March 2008, 23:06
I still see no reason for doing that. If you want to split file use TSMuxer directly.

it's really important for me. in tsmuxer 1.6b Roman had the feature that I requested. the 000001.m2ts can be split into smaller files. Really usefull when you want to copy the ouput on a FAT32 system. it's all done by tsmuxer, but you have to pass the parameters.

--split-size=4GB

Why do you need two audio tracks in HD rip?

why.. easy. I speak french. I almost always watch movies in there original release. English in english, french in french and jap in jap subtitle :)

but I'm not only here. so when I got a movie with dual audio track, I want to keep them both. Right now the only option is to burn 2 DVD, one with each track... ok with tsmuxer I can include them both, but that's mean I'll have to do job1 in english, after that job2 in french.. but kill the process just after the audio encoding. mux them manually..

Atak_Snajpera
23rd March 2008, 23:42
it's really important for me. in tsmuxer 1.6b Roman had the feature that I requested. the 000001.m2ts can be split into smaller files. Really usefull when you want to copy the ouput on a FAT32 system. it's all done by tsmuxer, but you have to pass the parameters.

--split-size=4GB

All right. --split-size=4GiB will be always added in next version.

why.. easy. I speak french. I almost always watch movies in there original release. English in english, french in french and jap in jap subtitle

but I'm not only here. so when I got a movie with dual audio track, I want to keep them both. Right now the only option is to burn 2 DVD, one with each track... ok with tsmuxer I can include them both, but that's mean I'll have to do job1 in english, after that job2 in french.. but kill the process just after the audio encoding. mux them manually..
survivant001 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

This must wait because multi subtitles support is more important for me at the moment.

Ryu77
23rd March 2008, 23:59
Do not overestimate me :) I started my adventure with Delphi after high school. Before that I was playing in basic on my ancient C64 :) Good old days.

LOL! Yes, me too. I remember playing around in basic on my good old Commodore 64, since then though I haven't learnt anything at all about Authoring/Programming/Developing (whichever is the best word). I wouldn't know where to start on a Windows PC... Is Delphi a good starting point?

survivant001
24th March 2008, 00:57
This must wait because multi subtitles support is more important for me at the moment.

exactly.. :) I still can mux the few movies that I have manually

~bT~
24th March 2008, 18:16
#5 - add a feature in the .ini. Like Last avs script line. Like that you could add filters into the avs and it's only for advanced users :)
this you can already do. hit properties & just edit away :) unless you're talking about using the same line every time automatically.

ajamils
24th March 2008, 18:55
Yesterday, I converted Transformers 1080p to mp4. Original file was about 13Gb but after the conversion the mp4 file ended up being 1.5 GB only and when I played it on Ps3 it looked HORRIBLE with lots of microblocking and tearing.

What did I do wrong ?

Atak_Snajpera
24th March 2008, 19:01
What did I do wrong ?
You used default bitrate :)

ajamils
24th March 2008, 19:03

SO what am I supposed to use that will not only keep the original video quality but also the surround sound ?

Atak_Snajpera
24th March 2008, 19:20
Select Blu-Ray Disc, Size 8150 (DVD-DL) , Resolution set to FHD 1920x...

ajamils
24th March 2008, 19:22
Select Blu-Ray Disc, Size 8150 (DVD-DL) , Resolution set to FHD 1920x...

Will the same settings apply to files that I'll be transfering to Ps3 HDD for playback or is it just for files that I want to burn ?

Atak_Snajpera
24th March 2008, 19:27
There is simple rule. 1080p -> Dual-Layer , 720p -> Single Layer

ajamils
24th March 2008, 19:32
I guess the thing that got me confused is the .bluray extension, when Blu-ray Disc is selected. :confused:.

~bT~
24th March 2008, 19:52
in the next version, i recommend you set crf 22 as default encoding method in ini (for newbs).

jibelin
25th March 2008, 01:15
In trying to encode a few bluray discs w/ripbot, keep getting innacurate size time information from the original .m2ts files. They were decrypter w/AnyDVD HD. Also were muxed with TSMuxer to remove unwanted audio and subs. The resulting .m2ts file plays and display the correct total time on with Nero Showtime, however Ripbot shows only a few minutes of play time. Am I missing something. Happens on Hitman, and Live Free or Die Hard...

Thanks for your help...

Sgt_Strider
25th March 2008, 03:31
I'm just wondering if this utility can create a PSP compatible video file with subtitles and two channel audio?

~bT~
25th March 2008, 04:38
^ yes.

Sgt_Strider
25th March 2008, 05:52
^ yes.

Are the subtitles "burned" into the video? Or I can use the subtitles file and embed it into the container?

arrarro
25th March 2008, 08:39
@ Atak and all other encoding experts
I need a little advice and sorry if this is a little off topic.
I use Ripbot264 with great satisfaction to convert divx tv episodes to mp4 for my iphone/ipod Touch. Unfortunately I have lot of problems when I want to convert a DVD movie directly to mp4. Using CLONE DVD Mobile with 2 passes and maximum bitrate I have a good coversion but full of artifacts (green dots and lines) while if I use any other famous DVD ripping program I have better results about image quality but wrong format of view (that is the picture is wider than the original or distorted in some way).
Now I thought to use a program to convert in the best possible way the DVD movie to divx format and then use Ripbot264 to convert to mp4 since Ripbot does an excellent job and leaves the format of view as it is.
What is, in your opinion, the best program to convert a DVD movie to divx (possibly one with 2 or more passes for better quality)?
Last question: can you suggest an excellent program to add subtitles to a divx without loosing too much in quality? is sub2divx good enough?
thank you in advance for everybody's support. :thanks:

~bT~
25th March 2008, 11:53
Are the subtitles "burned" into the video? Or I can use the subtitles file and embed it into the container?
i believe they must be burnt in as PSP wont allow you to select subs.

http://maxupload.com/img/12B8DB13.jpg

survivant001
25th March 2008, 12:34
@ajak

new request : add the ouput bluray/ISO. I think IMGBurn can do the job.

Atak_Snajpera
25th March 2008, 17:00
new request : add the ouput bluray/ISO. I think IMGBurn can do the job.
Whyyyyyyyyyyy ? :) Is that hard to burn directory directly in IMGBurn????

@ajak
Why do you always write ajak?

ajamils
25th March 2008, 17:22
@Atak,

Will it be possible for you (or someone who know what they are doing) to create a tutorial for converting 720p & 1080p file to Ps3 recognizable format (with 5.1 surround) for all the newbies like me ?

Even though your software is straight forward, I'm not having 100% success in conversion because I do not know what all the options mean and which ones should I select.

lance79
25th March 2008, 19:56
Hi i have a question, when loading a mkv or other vid into ripbot u can see the avisynth script on the right.What is ConvertToRGB(video) doing at the bottem of the script.Most of my vids are yv12 and want to keep them like that.

#ColorSpace
video=ConvertToRGB(video)
return video

greetz,

Lance

Atak_Snajpera
25th March 2008, 20:02
#ColorSpace
video=ConvertToRGB(video)
return video

It is required for preview. This line is automatically deleted in final script.

lance79
25th March 2008, 21:19
okay thanks for quick response...

ajamils
26th March 2008, 06:07
tutorial ??? :(

kalle2k3
26th March 2008, 06:11
hi there,

very nice prog...been followin a while, but now i actually tried a bd encode and had an issue:

ripbot264 1.8.10 detects correct ac3 audio in my ts file and demux to ac3 file.

ripbot264 latest version demux the same ts file to aac, but detects ac3 (i think this is done via mediainfo). so what happens is that i cannot select copy stream for bd, only recode although it is not needed.

with version 1.8.10 this works correctly but i cannot do a direct bd encode. am i doing something wrong ?

btw, tsmuxer detects everything correct, but i cannot shrink obviously.

Atak_Snajpera
26th March 2008, 09:44
Please send me 50 Mb TS sample

ajamils
26th March 2008, 12:36
@Atak,

Will it be possible for you (or someone who know what they are doing) to create a tutorial for converting 720p & 1080p file to Ps3 recognizable format (with 5.1 surround) for all the newbies like me ?

Even though your software is straight forward, I'm not having 100% success in conversion because I do not know what all the options mean and which ones should I select.

tutorial ??? :(

:confused:

survivant001
26th March 2008, 12:59
Whyyyyyyyyyyy ? :) Is that hard to burn directory directly in IMGBurn????

Why do you always write ajak?

to save a step on opening nero.. drag and drop.. burn :)

just double click on the iso.. I'm lazy :)

ajak.. ah aha h.. it's a typo. sorry :(

Atak_Snajpera
26th March 2008, 13:44
just double click on the iso.. I'm lazy
I'm lazy too :)

~bT~
26th March 2008, 13:57
:confused:

wot tutorial do u want. ripping to what format?

ajamils
26th March 2008, 13:57
I'm lazy too :)

I'm sure you can find enough strength to do a tutorial ;)

ajamils
26th March 2008, 14:12
wot tutorial do u want. ripping to what format?

Tutorial about what settings to use for converting 720p and 1080p files for Ps3 without the loss of PQ or surround sound.

Ryu77
26th March 2008, 15:55
Tutorial about what settings to use for converting 720p and 1080p files for Ps3 without the loss of PQ or surround sound.

Just do some research on the x264 codec and learn what the settings mean. Then research DTS and AC3 audio... Google, google and more google. :)

If you are unclear about output formats, look up (google) these terms m2ts, Blu-ray and AVCHD.

From there you should be clued in enough to use RipBot264 and get the desired results.

Oh and by the way use google!

ajamils
26th March 2008, 16:06
Just do some research on the x264 codec and learn what the settings mean. Then research DTS and AC3 audio... Google, google and more google. :)

If you are unclear about output formats, look up (google) these terms m2ts, Blu-ray and AVCHD.

From there you should be clued in enough to use RipBot264 and get the desired results.

Oh and by the way use google!

Thanks for the advise but like other people here....i'm lazy too :p

Ryu77
26th March 2008, 16:59
Thanks for the advise but like other people here....i'm lazy too :p

With all due respect, I feel Atak said that out of cheekiness to you first making the "I'm lazy" statement.

Do you really think Atak is lazy with all the improvements he is making to RipBot264?

Again, no disrespect intended but how do you expect others to create a guide for you, if you wont put in a little bit of effort to learn some fundamentals required to even understand a guide if one was in fact created?

ajamils
26th March 2008, 17:29
With all due respect, I feel Atak said that out of cheekiness to you first making the "I'm lazy" statement.

Do you really think Atak is lazy with all the improvements he is making to RipBot264?

Again, no disrespect intended but how do you expect others to create a guide for you, if you wont put in a little bit of effort to learn some fundamentals required to even understand a guide if one was in fact created?

I said it as a joke too and it was not meant to disrespect anyone. As for me asking about the tutorials, I just thought that it would be beneficial for all the new people to learn from the experiences of people like you(currently reading your threads on Afterdawn forum) and Atak instead of them spending many hours learning it themselves cuz after all not everyone has the same level of intelligence :).

As for me being lazy, I've spent COUNTLESS hours reading different forums (to a point where my girl is getting annoyed because I spend more time reading forums than watching movies that we already have on Blu-ray :p) and trying out different software/scripts to make things work and I'm still not 100% successful and that's why I wanted input for the the experts so that I at least have one side covered, while I learn/understand other ways of doing the same process.

~bT~
26th March 2008, 17:45
here, i made a lil tut for the lazy ones out there

http://maxupload.com/36F6A3B4

its a flash guide. make sure you have flash installed on your system. now don't ask me for a tut on that :p

ajamils
26th March 2008, 18:05
here, i made a lil tut for the lazy ones out there

http://maxupload.com/36F6A3B4

its a flash guide. make sure you have flash installed on your system. now don't ask me for a tut on that :p

:thanks:
You that MAN !!! Thank you sir. Gonna check it out right now.

ajamils
26th March 2008, 18:16
Ok just watched the tut. Good stuff !! Now I have the following question

1) Why did you select output as "Blu-ray Disc" ? Wouldn't mp4 be better if I just want to copy the file to Ps3 instead of creating the whole Blu-ray structure (my understanding is that "Blu-ray Disc" output creates the whole file structure for a Blu-ray" and that's only if I want to "burn" the movie to a disc")

2) What does "CQ" under mode and "CRF" means ? Do we ever use that for converting movies for Ps3 ?

3) Why do we have to select "Lock Size" and "Size" (on the properties page?

Sorry for the newbie question and thanks again for the tut.

Atak_Snajpera
26th March 2008, 18:27
1) in order to get *.m2ts (AVC+5.1 sound). It can be copied on PS3 HD.
2) CQ means Constant Quality. CRF = Constant Rate Factor.
3) In order to use whole space on disc. Blu-Ray allows only two resolutions 1080p and 720p

ajamils
26th March 2008, 18:36
1) in order to get *.m2ts (AVC+5.1 sound). It can be copied on PS3 HD.
2) CQ means Constant Quality. CRF = Constant Rate Factor.
3) In order to use whole space on disc. Blu-Ray allows only two resolutions 1080p and 720p

Thanks for the reply.

1) So if I use *.mp4, I will not get 5.1 sound ? Also, the Blu-ray mode outputs a folder, is the *.m2ts file inside it ? If so, I can just copy that file to Ps3 and everything will be ok ?

2) So we do not use CQ or CRF for blu-ray ?

Atak_Snajpera
26th March 2008, 18:41
1) So if I use *.mp4, I will not get 5.1 sound ? Also, the Blu-ray mode outputs a folder, is the *.m2ts file inside it ? If so, I can just copy that file to Ps3 and everything will be ok ?

PS3 probably still downmix to 2.0. ( I haven't checked that with latest firmware ...)

If you don't care about final size use CQ@22 otherwise if you are going to fit your movie on DVD then you must use 2-pass!

ajamils
26th March 2008, 19:02
I converted Rush Hour 3 to mp4 with AC3 audio and Ps3 info showed 5.1 Dolby (that was before the latest update). Also, since I'm not gonna burn a movie to DVD, will using SQ@22 take more time than the other option ?

Will the quality be the same with 2-pass or CQ@22 ?

(I'm sure I'm starting to annoy you with all the questions :( )

~bT~
26th March 2008, 19:08
^ yes, coz ur not trying to understand why we do things the way we do.

Atak_Snajpera
26th March 2008, 19:18
I converted Rush Hour 3 to mp4 with AC3 audio and Ps3 info showed 5.1 Dolby (that was before the latest update). Also, since I'm not gonna burn a movie to DVD, will using SQ@22 take more time than the other option ?

PS3 sees AC3 in mp4 container??? DTS as well???

Will the quality be the same with 2-pass or CQ@22 ?

Read MeGui tutorials ok?

ajamils
26th March 2008, 19:20
^ yes, coz ur not trying to understand why we do things the way we do.

I'm trying to and that's why I'm asking all the questions to remove the doubts that I have :)

Ryu77
27th March 2008, 00:17

PS3 probably still downmix to 2.0. ( I haven't checked that with latest firmware ...)

The reason that the PS3 downmixes from the mp4 container is as follows...

As you are aware mp4 can not contain ac3 audio so aac must be used. It is possible to create a 5.1 channel aac stream but there are very few AV receivers that can decode this audio format (they do exist but are not very common).

So to get aac to play the PS3 knows that it must be decoded on board to PCM. Now here we face a little problem. 5.1 PCM has a bitrate of 4608Kbps (16 bit). An optical or coaxial cable are limited to the bandwidth of 1536Kbps, so that's just right for 2 channel PCM (or standard Dolby Digital/DTS). This is probably why you only hear 2 channels when decoding a 5.1 channel aac stream on board.

To get 5.1 channel PCM working you will need to have a HDMI v1.3 (10.2Gbps bandwidth limit) AV receiver and output the audio via your HDMI cable.

I am not 100% sure that the PS3 can decode 5.1 aac to 5.1 PCM as I don't have a HDMI v1.3 AV receiver. If anyone can add to this information... Please do. :)

Note: The PS3 is not capable of TrueHD bitstream either, it must be decoded on board and output as PCM.

ajamils
27th March 2008, 02:02
The reason that the PS3 downmixes from the mp4 container is as follows...

As you are aware mp4 can not contain ac3 audio so aac must be used. It is possible to create a 5.1 channel aac stream but there are very few AV receivers that can decode this audio format (they do exist but are not very common).

So to get aac to play the PS3 knows that it must be decoded on board to PCM. Now here we face a little problem. 5.1 PCM has a bitrate of 4608Kbps (16 bit). An optical or coaxial cable are limited to the bandwidth of 1536Kbps, so that's just right for 2 channel PCM (or standard Dolby Digital/DTS). This is probably why you only hear 2 channels when decoding a 5.1 channel aac stream on board.

To get 5.1 channel PCM working you will need to have a HDMI v1.3 (10.2Gbps bandwidth limit) AV receiver and output the audio via your HDMI cable.

I am not 100% sure that the PS3 can decode 5.1 aac to 5.1 PCM as I don't have a HDMI v1.3 AV receiver. If anyone can add to this information... Please do. :)

Note: The PS3 is not capable of TrueHD bitstream either, it must be decoded on board and output as PCM.

Thanks for the reply.

Fortunately, I do own a HDMI capable receiver and my Ps3 is connected to it via HDMI maybe that's why I was able to hear 5.1 in mp4 file. I also noticed that when I played that file, my receiver was showing "Multi Channel" which is the exact same display that I get when I play Blu-ray movies so I think its safe to assume that I was getting 5.1 PCM.

Ryu77
27th March 2008, 02:22
Fortunately, I do own a HDMI capable receiver and my Ps3 is connected to it via HDMI maybe that's why I was able to hear 5.1 in mp4 file. I also noticed that when I played that file, my receiver was showing "Multi Channel" which is the exact same display that I get when I play Blu-ray movies so I think its safe to assume that I was getting 5.1 PCM.

HDMI is not good enough. You need a HDMI v1.3 AV Receiver. These receivers usually cost about $2000+. Are you saying you have one of these AV receivers? From what you are saying, it sounds like you do. :)

Just a thought, my AV receiver also displays multi channel whenever it receives a digital audio stream (including 2.0 channel audio). 2.0 channel audio is then output to all speakers via Dolby Pro Logic II. However when it receives a 5.1 channel stream, it identifies this by highlighting all the speakers in the little diagram on the LED. Also, a little blue light turns on when it recieves a 5.1 stream.

Note: If you are unsure about the different HDMI versions, check out this page at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Anyway, back to your original question that inspired these posts. You asked why you shouldn't just output mp4 instead of Blu-ray... Blu-ray output supports a wider variety of elementary streams (including switchable subtitles) and as such is a better choice.

ajamils
27th March 2008, 03:11
1.3 receivers do not cost that much. You can get Onkyo 605 for less than $500 :)

As for the original question, when you select output as Blu-ray...doesn't it create a whole folder and not just a single video file ?

Ryu77
27th March 2008, 03:45
1.3 receivers do not cost that much. You can get Onkyo 605 for less than $500 :)

Yes, it seems you are right about that AV receiver supporting HDMI v1.3. I was quoting Australian dollars previously. I just did a quick google search on that Onkyo receiver and it looks like the Onkyo TX-SR 605 is about $1,300 here, still quite a bit more than the $500 (or less?) like you claimed. Is that the AV receiver you actually own or were you just referring to it? If it is, you must have found a fantastic bargain.

As for the original question, when you select output as Blu-ray...doesn't it create a whole folder and not just a single video file ?

That still doesn't take away from the fact that Blu-ray output is a better choice. You simply need to burn those folders as a UDF v2.5 disc.

Atak_Snajpera
27th March 2008, 09:42
if you want single file just copy 00001.m2ts from blu-ray structure

survivant001
27th March 2008, 10:45
Yes, it seems you are right. I was quoting Australian dollars. I just did a quick google and it looks like the Onkyo TX-SR 605 is about $1,300 here.

I have a Onkyo TX-SR 505. and the HDMI is only a passtrough :( I didn,t know that. So I have to use HDMI for the video and optical for audio :( (using the PS3)

~bT~
27th March 2008, 11:42
^ trade it in quick :p

ajamils
27th March 2008, 12:34
if you want single file just copy 00001.m2ts from blu-ray structure

Finally the answer that I've been looking for. Thanks :)

~bT~
27th March 2008, 14:00
Finally the answer that I've been looking for. Thanks :)

he told you that yesterday mate :)

@ Atak

anything new cooking mate?

ajamils
27th March 2008, 14:11
he told you that yesterday mate :)

@ Atak

anything new cooking mate?

LOL.... maybe I wanted a "clear" answer :)

m0nkie
31st March 2008, 17:46
thanks for this great app.

but.. i need help solving my a/v sync problem which only happens if i use mkv as source (everything is ok if avi used). ripbot demuxes video and audio. and then i see that audio is longer than video what cannot possibly be, i guess. cause video and audio are from the same source. i tried to cut the audio, stretch it (doesnt make sense though), make a delay. the resulting file still has audio running too fast.

no such problem if using automkv for example. but id like to ripbot264 work as well.

thanks in advance.

~bT~
31st March 2008, 20:19
^ have you tried different media players to make sure its not the player?

m0nkie
31st March 2008, 20:55
it has nthing to do with player... i use it for psp

IYG
31st March 2008, 23:44
I used profit 4.1 and my output was .mp4.
Why can't I use it on my ipod?

Atak_Snajpera
1st April 2008, 00:01

Answer is in profile (codec's settings)

Ryu77
1st April 2008, 00:37

An iPod can only handle up to level 3.0, baseline profile.

m0nkie
1st April 2008, 00:46
to all
why ignoring my question? how should i get rid of this a/v sync problem? what am i doing wrong? or is it the app?

Ryu77
1st April 2008, 01:15
Hello mOnkie, could you tell us more about your original file? Do you have any other information about the file? Maybe where it was sourced from originally?

You could use MediaInfoRaw to show us what the elementary streams are: http://www.mediafire.com/?ochgfxmjbzt

Paste the information it gives you here and let's see what we can come up with. :)

Atak or anybody else would love to help but we need to know more about what is happening before we can diagnose the problem.

My guess is that it could be a framerate discrepancy but we can't confirm until we know the origins of the media.

IYG
1st April 2008, 01:36
An iPod can only handle up to level 3.0, baseline profile.

Thank dude.

BTW, if I rip a DVD with RipBot, how can I have a hard subtitle (from the DVD) on the video.
Thanks.

P/S: between copy stream, 5.1 CT AAC-LC 320 kbps [abr], and 5.1 Aften AC3 640 kbps [cbr], which one has the best audio quality?
And which one should I choose?

m0nkie
1st April 2008, 02:25
i just opened the file, changed size to 480x272, added subs and left other values unchanged. here is the screen showing my problem.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5162/34055539bi1.th.gif (http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34055539bi1.gif)

here is the link for the resulting file: http://www.mediafire.com/?j5xz2tj0anw (5mb)

mediainfo results of the source:

General #0
Complete name : D:\anime\Neko_no_Shuukai_1080p\Neko_no_Shuukai.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 40.5 MiB
PlayTime : 1mn 96ms
Bit rate : 5651 Kbps
Movie name : ??????????????15??NHK????????? Third Season ?????(??:???/??:???????????????)?
Encoded date : UTC 2007-12-10 16:27:13
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.1.0 ('Another Place To Fall') built on Aug 19 2007 13:40:07
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Family : AVC
Codec/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Codec profile : High@L5.1
Codec settings, CABAC : Yes
PlayTime : 1mn 33ms
Width : 1920 pixels
Height : 1080 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Chroma : 4:2:0
Interlacement : Progressive
Title : ???
Writing library : x264 - core 56 svn-667
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=15 / deblock=0:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=1 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=1 / scenecut=65(pre) / rc=crf / crf=20.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=8 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
Language : Japanese

Audio #0
Codec : AAC LC-SBR
Codec/Family : AAC
Codec/Info : AAC Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication
PlayTime : 1mn 96ms
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 96.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Title : ???
Language : Japanese

Ryu77
1st April 2008, 03:03
Thank dude.

BTW, if I rip a DVD with RipBot, how can I have a hard subtitle (from the DVD) on the video.
Thanks.

P/S: between copy stream, 5.1 CT AAC-LC 320 kbps [abr], and 5.1 Aften AC3 640 kbps [cbr], which one has the best audio quality?
And which one should I choose?

You will need to use the TextSub command in AVIsynth (vsfilter.dll) to overlay the subtitles over the video, so when you frameserve the video to the encoder it will be encoded with the subtitles embedded in the picture.

In regards to the audio, for the iPod it must be AAC-LC (AAC=Advanced Audio Codec, LC=Low Complexity) and the maximum bitrate it supports is 160Kbs. You also must select stereo not 5.1.

poisondeathray
1st April 2008, 03:58
@m0nkie - your mediainfo results report a running time discrepancy between audio & video in the source - this could be why ripbot264 is also reporting a difference.

Does the source file play correctly on your PC?

If you demux the audio with mkvextractgui, what is the actual running time of audio?

m0nkie
1st April 2008, 04:53
the source file plays correctly on pc.

no need to demux it myself cause this is what ripbot does everytime i open the file. i can see its actions from temp dir.

maybe there is anything in avs file (automatically generated by ripbot264) that prevents from correct muxing or whatever... any thoughts?

IYG
1st April 2008, 05:39
You will need to use the TextSub command in AVIsynth (vsfilter.dll) to overlay the subtitles over the video, so when you frameserve the video to the encoder it will be encoded with the subtitles embedded in the picture.

In regards to the audio, for the iPod it must be AAC-LC (AAC=Advanced Audio Codec, LC=Low Complexity) and the maximum bitrate it supports is 160Kbs. You also must select stereo not 5.1.

May you be more specific how I can do that?

~bT~
1st April 2008, 11:16
^ you will need to rip the subs to vobsubs or srt and follow this: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1114842&postcount=2

Atak_Snajpera
1st April 2008, 11:42
@m0nkie
Use AssumeFPS -> 23.976 and everything will be ok.

CYNIEK
2nd April 2008, 02:44
howdy all....

ran into a problem, output file(s) disappears... default path is used C:, even tried all possible suspects c:\temp, d:, e: etc... appears as the process is going along just fine through various stages of demuxing, but output file never appears. Any ideas?

~bT~
2nd April 2008, 08:00
^ format of drive? fat32?

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2008, 00:22
howdy all....

ran into a problem, output file(s) disappears... default path is used C:, even tried all possible suspects c:\temp, d:, e: etc... appears as the process is going along just fine through various stages of demuxing, but output file never appears. Any ideas?

Log file should explain this.

CYNIEK
3rd April 2008, 02:32
source and destination drives are formatted with NTFS. File is aprox. 350mb, had no luck with anything larger.
Haali Media Splitter codec is launched

Gspot file info:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9938/gspotchavezca1.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gspotchavezca1.jpg)

RipBot264 setup ver. 1.9.2
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5413/configscreenchavezar5.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=configscreenchavezar5.jpg)

Log File:

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs^)" | "C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\Tools\enc_aacPlus\enc_aacPlus.exe" - "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" --lc --cbr 131072

BePipe by dimzon

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

ERROR: Can't find audio stream!

No accelerated IMDCT transform found

* AACPlus v2 Encoder (using Winamp 5.2 enc_aacplus.dll)

* Source timestamp Mon May 15 17:24:26 2006

* Build May 15 2006, 17:24:35

* NOTE! enc_aacplus.dll must be into executable directory

* get it from Winamp 5.2 plugins directory

* tested on Winamp 5.2 Release Feb 23 2006 Full (Not Pro) version)

Input file must be WAV PCM!

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 2 --analyse none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )

x264 [error]: could not open input file 'C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs'

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

x264 [error]: could not open input file 'C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2.avs'

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -fps 25 -add "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" -mpeg4 -new "C:\ChavezOnthewaytosuccess.mp4"

Cannot find H264 start code

Error importing C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264: BitStream Not Compliant

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2008, 07:10
Did you install K-Lite Codec pack? Btw use default font size@96DPI

CYNIEK
3rd April 2008, 15:59
Yes, I did while back... should I uninstall it?
System font should be set as 96, but it might be increased to 110% (for the old blind people :) )

Follow up question; can you recommended set of codecs for this setup? FFDShow?
I'll build a system dedicated mainly to this task, remuxing content, as I have a ton of files that won't play on PS3 using TVersity setup, if you could please suggest a set of codes I would greatly appreciate it.

Second PC will have a TVersity installed. Thanks for your input.

~bT~
3rd April 2008, 17:08
^ yes. install ffdshow.

@ Atak

is it poss for you to change the blue color you use to a darker blue pls? for some reason, i can't read the text very well.
i know its a minor issue for me and also it may not affect everyone but it would be great if you could change it.

FEATURE REQUEST: option to save jobs list.

PS: just done a Blu-ray source encode of Hitman (avs w/filters) to dvd5 Blu-ray output.. it just looks awesome!
a few screens...no blocking @ all.

http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/48577/2001931768444775771_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001931768444775771)
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/48951/2001983930029208406_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001983930029208406)
http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/51729/2001908899418703205_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001908899418703205)
http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/50709/2001918835956292032_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001918835956292032)
http://aycu20.webshots.com/image/50619/2001935726694788587_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001935726694788587)
http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/49895/2001929513025804058_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001929513025804058)

ajamils
3rd April 2008, 18:21
^ yes. install ffdshow.

PS: just done a Blu-ray source encode of Hitman (avs w/filters) to dvd5 Blu-ray output.. it just looks awesome!

Was that from 720p source of 1080p ? Also, did you "burn" it on a disc ?

~bT~
3rd April 2008, 18:40
^ that's from the BD.

@ Atak

how do I find out the bitrate of my M2TS file pls?
this is all the info i'm getting with mediainforaw.

General #0
Complete name : D:\Temp\HITMAN.BLURAY\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Format : BluRay Video
Format/Family : MPEG-2
File size : 4.38 GiB

Video #0
Codec/Info : MPEG-4 AVC
Codec profile : High@L4.1
Width : 1280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Frame rate : 23.976 fps

Audio #0
Codec : AC3
Bit rate mode : CBR
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, Subwoofer
Sampling rate : 48 KHz

unskinnyboy
3rd April 2008, 21:33
how do I find out the bitrate of my M2TS file pls?DGAVCIndex is one way.

DJ_Price
3rd April 2008, 21:38

Did you get MediaInfo from here: MediaInfo - Sourceforge (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) If so, get the latest build & then set the view to "tree". Have mine set to "tree" I found it shows all the information needed, whereas I found 1 or 2 other views showed the info, but not in full.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2008, 21:42
Yes, I did while back... should I uninstall it?
System font should be set as 96, but it might be increased to 110% (for the old blind people )

Uninstall this K-Lite crap and remember. DO NOT INSTALL CODEC PACKS in future PLEASE! You need only 3 things. AviSynth + FFDShow + Haali Media Splitter. That's it!

@ Atak

is it poss for you to change the blue color you use to a darker blue pls? for some reason, i can't read the text very well.
i know its a minor issue for me and also it may not affect everyone but it would be great if you could change it.

but I like this color :(

FEATURE REQUEST: option to save jobs list.
Will see :)

Encoded movie looks nice due to smaller size (1280x532) , short duration and AQ patch :)

@ Atak

ask him http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96516

spudman
3rd April 2008, 22:21
Hi all and I wonder if you can help. Im very new to this tool RipBot and it is one amazing tool, just what i have been looking for, but the problem being is this.. How do add chapters when encoding from mkv to bluray....???
I know in ts remux its possible but every thing i have done so far has no chapters to it.
Am I doing something wrong.
Thanks again for this wonderfull bit of kit. :p

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2008, 22:26
If you send some mkv samples with chapters I will see what I can do :)

spudman
3rd April 2008, 22:29
Ok thanks... but how do you add chapters to a mkv then. Sorry if this sounds noobish but im new to the whole mkv scene lol. Is it possible to add them to one so when re encoded in RipBot it has these in there or can RipBot do this for you ;)

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2008, 23:30
[QUOTE]Ok thanks... but how do you add chapters to a mkv then.[QUOTE]
I don't know . I don't use chapters.

IYG
4th April 2008, 02:11
Ya, I watched some anime shows and they have chapters.
It's a quite nice option for a tv show.
BTW, is there any profit higher than 4.1 that is included in ripbot?

CYNIEK
4th April 2008, 02:24
Uninstall this K-Lite crap and remember. DO NOT INSTALL CODEC PACKS in future PLEASE! You need only 3 things. AviSynth + FFDShow + Haali Media Splitter. That's it!

@Atak
I did as you suggested, no luck... output file never appears in the destination. Other suggestions?

Log:

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" | "C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\Tools\enc_aacPlus\enc_aacPlus.exe" - "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" --lc --cbr 131072

BePipe by dimzon

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

ERROR: Can't find audio stream!

* AACPlus v2 Encoder (using Winamp 5.2 enc_aacplus.dll)

* Source timestamp Mon May 15 17:24:26 2006

* Build May 15 2006, 17:24:35

* NOTE! enc_aacplus.dll must be into executable directory

* get it from Winamp 5.2 plugins directory

* tested on Winamp 5.2 Release Feb 23 2006 Full (Not Pro) version)

Input file must be WAV PCM!

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 2 --analyse none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

x264 [error]: could not open input file 'C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs'

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 1024 --stats "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

x264 [error]: could not open input file 'C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs'

C:\>"C:\RipBot264v1.9.2\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -fps 25 -add "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" -mpeg4 -new "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\ChavezOnthewaytosuccess.mp4"

Cannot find H264 start code

Error importing C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264: BitStream Not Compliant[/SIZE]

~bT~
4th April 2008, 02:31
^ can u try another file? and report back.

edit: also check if the preview works.

CYNIEK
4th April 2008, 03:23
tried number of files, same or similar issue. preview never worked, here's preview error screen shot
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9636/avstimeoutxu4.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avstimeoutxu4.jpg)

Only logical solution is to load fresh copy of the OS and try again. that's something that I will do in a week or two, assembling new box, so no point of di$king around with this one. I used mkv2vob app w/o any problems, but RipBot264 gives me a lot more options, especially since some of content that I have is in various formats and isn't cooperating with PS3.

Anyone tried using RipBot on Vista 64bit?

Ajax_Undone
4th April 2008, 05:09
The creator uses Vista to build RipBot I don't know if it is x64 version but I C no reason why it shouldn't...

Do you have the latest build of DDShow and haali media splitter.

http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/ for haali

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow_rev1920_20080328_clsid.exe?modtime=1206737214&big_mirror=0 For DDShow

Atak_Snajpera
4th April 2008, 11:12
I suspect problem with avisynth. Try 64bit version or 32bit.

CYNIEK
4th April 2008, 15:02
yeap, i'm running latest ver. of AviSynth, FFDShow, Haali Media Splitter - all of which were reinstalled as of last night. I'm using XP SP2 Pro 32bit OS.

I'll try loading Vista 64bit and see if that eliminates the issue. Thanks everyone for suggestions and will report back once a new OS is installed.

~bT~
4th April 2008, 15:07
^ latest version of avisynth which is? 2.5.8?

if so, uninstall and try 2.5.7 or 2.5.6: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57023

CYNIEK
4th April 2008, 15:35
tried both ver. 2.5.6 /.7 prior to loading the latest, which I think is a beta. In any case if you guys aren't experiencing similar issues then it must be my setup, which I will address.

spudman
4th April 2008, 19:43
Hi there me again :p . I managed to add chapters in the end to my previous question but my next question is this....
I am creating bluray files from a mkv with a screen size of 1288*544. Now to get this to play on my ps3 correctly do i need to adjust the screen size to 1280*720 or can i add borders to it, or do I do both :confused:

Atak_Snajpera
4th April 2008, 19:55
No If you want to use m2ts only
Yes If you want to use whole Blu-ray Structure

spudman
4th April 2008, 21:23
ok thanks for that. To add borders do i enable the auto crop feature or do i need to do it manually. If so where is this found.
Thanks again for the info ;)

~bT~
4th April 2008, 21:48
^ just enabling resize option to 1280x720 should work AFAIR. click the preview to check.

~bT~
4th April 2008, 22:41
but I like this color :(
ok, maybe change the colour of text to black or red :p

Atak_Snajpera
4th April 2008, 22:53
RED? Forget it.

SparKeyD
6th April 2008, 12:02
Thanks Atak_Snajpera for such a cool program!! My kids had ruined a few blu-ray movies. Now I can rip the blu-ray (movie and 1 sound track only) and back them up to a DVD-DL disc. The movies still looks better than any store boughten DVD, and when put in our home blu-ray player, it says now loading Blu-Ray. WOW! Now my kids can watch a Blu-Ray movie on a single DVD-DL disc and when it gets scratched it won't cost me another $30 to replace it... THANKS A MILLION!!!

ps... the only thing missing that would be a great improvement to this program is chapter points but still it's the best program I seen so far!!! Keep up the great work! Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
6th April 2008, 21:10
The movies still looks better than any store boughten DVD

No wonder: 1080p vs 576p :)

and when put in our home blu-ray player, it says now loading Blu-Ray.

Good to know that output structure works on something different than PS3 :)

duramaximus
7th April 2008, 21:15
GREAT proggy!!!!!

I was amazed at the quality when I ripped "I Am Legend" bluray to mp4!

I do have a quick question about subtitles.

I tried the mp4 option and the bluray option but did not see the subtitles in either.

Does this program have the ability to do subtitles and if so how?

Thanks,

Duramaximus

~bT~
7th April 2008, 21:59
@ Atak

any chance of adding a N95 profile please? the meGUI one doesn't work very well..

Atak_Snajpera
7th April 2008, 22:06
any chance of adding a N95 profile please? the meGUI one doesn't work very well..
I don't have N95.

Does this program have the ability to do subtitles and if so how?
Properties->Subtitles

Ryu77
7th April 2008, 22:32
@ Atak

Just use DivX (with mobile profile) in VirtualDub, Use a horizontal resolution of no more than 320 pixels, and adjust the vertical resolution to the correct aspect ratio (16:9=320 x 176, 2.35:1=320 x 128). Use a video bitrate of no more than 500Kbs, and use a frame rate half of the original. For example if you have 24fps material, use 12fps. For 25fps material, use 12.5fps. From what I understand, a mobile phone can handle up to about 18fps (some can handle more) but I would recommend using half the orignal framerate to ensure the sampling is done at the same tempo and framerate remains jitter free.

Then encode your audio with AAC-LC. I use 48Khz @ 128Kbs, so when I use headphones I still get high quality sound. Finally use YAMB or MeGUI to mux the streams into MP4 container.

That's it, this should work on most modern mobile phones.

duramaximus
7th April 2008, 22:51
Properties->Subtitles[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, I should of been more descriptive in my question.

When I navigate to Subtitles, I have two choices (Build in Picture & Mux in Container).

When I click on "Build in Picture" a pop up box opens and it looks for "txt, srt, sub & ssa" files.

When I click on "Mux in Container" a pop up box opens and it looks for "srt" files.

The proplem I am having is I cannot find any of those type of files on the disk.

I would like to make a dual layer or single layer DVD with the option of toggling on/off the subtitles.

Can you help me out? Sorry for being such a noob :(

Thanks,

Duramaximus

~bT~
7th April 2008, 22:52
@ Ryu77

N95 can handle upto 640x480 res @ 30fps according to reviews..

Ajax_Undone
8th April 2008, 01:04
Well it appears my position was only temporary so back to making some good ol installers... Check my signature for the latest ripbot installer...

Enjoy...

ajamils
8th April 2008, 01:48
@ Ryu77

It can handle it(because thats the max resolution of video recording it can do) but there is no point of it because the resolution of LCD is only 320 x 240.

repdetect2
8th April 2008, 02:55
Atak_Snajpera,

Again thank you so much for an awesome program. I was curious if it would be possible to implement AAC 5.1 for conversion of MP4 files when there is a native AC3 track?

repdetect2
8th April 2008, 02:56
Thanks Atak_Snajpera for such a cool program!! My kids had ruined a few blu-ray movies. Now I can rip the blu-ray (movie and 1 sound track only) and back them up to a DVD-DL disc. The movies still looks better than any store boughten DVD, and when put in our home blu-ray player, it says now loading Blu-Ray. WOW! Now my kids can watch a Blu-Ray movie on a single DVD-DL disc and when it gets scratched it won't cost me another $30 to replace it... THANKS A MILLION!!!

ps... the only thing missing that would be a great improvement to this program is chapter points but still it's the best program I seen so far!!! Keep up the great work! Thanks!

Sparkey,

What process are you using to backup your Blu-Ray and strip streams from them? I would love to do this, but haven't quite gotten there yet...

Ryu77
8th April 2008, 05:57
@ Ryu77

Then just use those parameters instead... However, keep in mind that if you want to share your videos or change phones, that the videos may not be compatible. As ajamils said, the screen is only 320 x 240, so unless you plan on displaying the videos on an external display then there really isn't much point increasing the resolution.

Also, do you know what max bitrate the N95 is capable of decoding? Sometimes using a higher resolution on a restricted bitrate allowance can make the video look worse.

PS: If that's the case for the N95 and you want to use the full resolution, framerate etc., why don't you try the iPod profile in RipBot264? It sounds like it could have similar decoding specs.

dchao
8th April 2008, 09:56
@Atak_Snajpera:

I have a question: I have a VOB file at 29.97 fps interlaced. However, DGIndex keeps forcing it to film mode and the result in 23.976 fps displayed in RipBot. I want to encoding it at 29.97 fps. So I open DGIndex, and chang the FIELD_OPERATION to "Honor Pulldown" but it doesn't have any effect on RipBot.

(I remember a few versions back you use to be able to change it in DGIndex)

Can you tell me how I can change the FIELD_OPERATION in RipBot? If it's not possible, can you let us change it in the .ini file?

duramaximus
8th April 2008, 14:26
Properties->Subtitles

When I navigate to Subtitles, I have two choices (Build in Picture & Mux in Container).

When I click on "Build in Picture" a pop up box opens and it looks for "txt, srt, sub & ssa" files.

When I click on "Mux in Container" a pop up box opens and it looks for "srt" files.

The proplem I am having is I cannot find any of those type of files on the disk.

I would like to make a dual layer or single layer DVD with the option of toggling on/off the subtitles.

Thanks,

Duramaximus[/QUOTE]

Can anyone help me out?

Atak_Snajpera
8th April 2008, 17:16
Can you tell me how I can change the FIELD_OPERATION in RipBot? If it's not possible, can you let us change it in the .ini file?
Yes I will add that in next version

I was curious if it would be possible to implement AAC 5.1 for conversion of MP4 files when there is a native AC3 track?
Could you be more precise?

Ajax_Undone
8th April 2008, 21:37
GUI feature:

Changeable text colour and background pic like a theme selector... Make it more user friendly...:rolleyes:

Atak_Snajpera
8th April 2008, 21:44
Changeable text colour and background pic like a theme selector... Make it more user friendly...
I prefer to focus on something more important. This is not a christmas tree :)

duramaximus
8th April 2008, 22:10

Thanks,

Duramaximus

Atak,

Can you help me? :thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
8th April 2008, 22:19
What do want achive exactly??

duramaximus
8th April 2008, 22:36
What do want achive exactly??

I have bluray disks that I would like to rip to my hard drive.

I would love to save space and be able to convert to MP4 or MKV but keep subtitles.

When I click on options > subtitles I have two options to choose from.

Either options looks for certain files for the subs, but when I navigate to the bluray disk it cannot find any files with those extensions.

Do I need to use a different proggy to strip the subtitles from the bluray disk first?

Are the subtitles part of the .M2TS files on a bluray disk?

Thanks

poisondeathray
8th April 2008, 22:45
@duramaximus - you have to convert the blu ray subs

Read this thread for more info
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124105

Espio
8th April 2008, 22:46
I have a video with AC3 5.1 surround sound that I want to convert, but when I try to convert it RipBot never gets past the "Normalizing Audio..." message. I've converted it to WAV and had the same results. Does whatever program RipBot uses to normalize/encode audio not handle 5.1 audio? Is there a way to merge the channels to 2.0?

duramaximus
8th April 2008, 22:58
@duramaximus - you have to convert the blu ray subs

Read this thread for more info
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124105

OK, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

duramaximus
8th April 2008, 23:12
Hurray!!!!

Used tsMuxeR_1.7.4(b), picked the 1st PGS file and clicked demux.

BAM, got me a sup file! LOL

Thanks for everyones help

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2008, 12:54
I have a video with AC3 5.1 surround sound that I want to convert, but when I try to convert it RipBot never gets past the "Normalizing Audio..." message. I've converted it to WAV and had the same results. Does whatever program RipBot uses to normalize/encode audio not handle 5.1 audio? Is there a way to merge the channels to 2.0?
How long did you wait? What is your CPU?

Espio
9th April 2008, 21:47
I waited probably 20 minutes before aborting. I have an Intel Q6600 @ 2.4GHz. It usually only takes a minute or two, so I knew something was wrong.

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2008, 23:39
Did you try to remove audio normalization?

Espio
10th April 2008, 20:24
No, I'll try that.

jtheripper
11th April 2008, 16:44
I have an interesting problem. I took an mkv and converted it to a bluray output. When I try to play it in powerdvd the audio plays but the video is a large purple box. However when I load the .m2ts file into powerdvd it plays perfectly. Any suggestions? Also has anyone had luck playing bluraydvd9 on a samsung bdp1400?

Atak_Snajpera
11th April 2008, 20:55
What is your final resolution? (Blu-Ray supports only 1920x1080 or 1280x720 resolution)

jtheripper
11th April 2008, 20:59
That miight have been the problem. The mkv file was 1280 X 538. I am reencoding it now using your HD settings which add bars above and below to make it 720. Hopefully that should work. Great program BTW

duramaximus
12th April 2008, 00:15
Atak,

Is there anyway possible to add a feature for a single layer BD (25GB)? I see single layer DVD and dual layer dvd just not single layer BD (25gb).

I am not sure how hard that would be but I know that in the next year or so the cost of these type of disk/burners/players are just going to come down in price.

Thanks,

Duramaximus

SparKeyD
12th April 2008, 09:33
Sparkey,

What process are you using to backup your Blu-Ray and strip streams from them? I would love to do this, but haven't quite gotten there yet...

I have gotten it down to using the latest tsMuxeR to strip out the unwanted sound tracks, using only the 5.1 or ac3, not using dts and others because they are too large and will take more away from the video quailty. After this just click on the -output- button "M2TS muxing" and hit the "start muxing". Once the muxing is finished, load the M2TS into RipBot, make sure you have ALL the latest updates to the files/programs used by RipBot, use -2pass-, put a check mark in -Lock Size (mb)- select size 8150 the -save as- -Blu-Ray Disc- select -done- then -start- Once this is all finished load Nero Burning ROM, I'm using version 8, select -DVD-ROM (UDF)- copy the two subdirectories RipBot made called BDMV & CERTIFICATE into the ROOT directory of DVD-DL disc and you are done. You must use a DVD Dual Layer Disc if you are going to select 8150 in RipBot.

Hope this works for ya... so far I have backed up around 15 of our kid's blu-rays to DVD-DL disc and all work perfectly in our home blu-ray payer. Of course you know these types of DVDs will NOT play in a standard DVD player... :)

Good luck!

Atak_Snajpera
12th April 2008, 10:43
I have gotten it down to using the latest tsMuxeR to strip out the unwanted sound tracks, using only the 5.1 or ac3, not using dts and others because they are too large and will take more away from the video quailty.
Why not importing m2ts directly in RipBot? After demuxing you may choose which audio track you want.

SparKeyD
12th April 2008, 12:26
Why not importing m2ts directly in RipBot? After demuxing you may choose which audio track you want.

First I use AnyDVD&HD to rip the blu-ray to the hard drive, then when I try to add the main .M2TS movie file into RipBot, it will give me a message "Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode! Exiting." almost all the time. However, when I use tsMuxeR first, then I can add the .M2TS file into RipBot with no problems. For example the movies Cars & Sky Captain both gives this message above and some other moives I have tried. So I just got into the habbit of using tsMuxeR first, then RipBot...

Atak_Snajpera
12th April 2008, 12:30
Ok. Thanks for info. It seems that TSMuxer fixes something in stream...
Could you open those problematic m2ts directly in DGAVCDec/DGindex and tell what DGAVCDec/DGindex says? (screenshot)

Warrex
12th April 2008, 16:29
@ Atak_Snajpera

Hi, I have a problem with my m2ts files on the PS3 and you might have some experience with it. Seeking only works for me when I do not use "--aud" in contrast to what you wrote in the changelog of version 1.8.6 of RipBot264:

"fixed: M2TS seeking on PS3 (added --aud switch in encoder command line)"

I know that seeking works when these m2ts files are in a Blu-ray structure but no luck when playing standalone m2ts files. Also tested that with a Simpsons trailer and RipBot 1.9.2. I even remuxed the m2ts of the Blu-Ray output with tsMuxer.

Any idea why seeking does not work on the PS3 2.20 with standalone m2ts files containing a h264 stream created with --aud?

I really like to keep --aud set as it seems to be required in transport streams in general and for Encore, Scenarist, etc. import.

Atak_Snajpera
12th April 2008, 16:38
I've found solution. In TsMuxer uncheck Continually insert SPS/PPS

Warrex
12th April 2008, 18:31
I've found solution. In TsMuxer uncheck Continually insert SPS/PPS

Thanks but already tried that. In fact I tried all the combinations concerning the video stream (also using picture timing setting). This does not work for me. Double checked with output form RipBot264. The PS3 still goes to a black screen and does not forward at all.

When not using --aud everything is fine even when leaving both of the video stream options checked. Same is also true for using a file with --aud in a mp4 container.

Atak_Snajpera
12th April 2008, 19:21
It does work! I imported raw .264 file and .ac3 in TSMuxer. Then I unchecked Continually insert SPS/PPS and suddenly seeking started to work.

Edit: I will check later if Blu-Ray structure works without --aud. If Yes I will remove that from command line in next version.

Warrex
12th April 2008, 20:05
Ah, got it!

Stupid me did not realize that these settings change the video stream irreversibly (so it seems). I thought these just affected muxing. I used a m2ts (which was created with the SPS/PPS option) and just remuxed it without the setting. This does not work!

PLEASE DO NOT remove --aud even if the Blu-Ray structure works! Like I said I read here many times that it is required in m2ts streams. Scenarist and Encore will not import files without it!

Look here (I assume this applies to m2ts too): http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=708112&highlight=access+unit+delimiter#post708112

BTW: Do --aud and SPS/PPS do the same thing? Or are they similar?
BTW2: Getting m2ts only output back would be cool...

IYG
13th April 2008, 08:25
I think there is some problem with the new version RipBot264 that I download from Ajax_Undone's signature.
I can't encode the audio anymore.
The final output has a horrible sound.

spudman
13th April 2008, 16:59
Hi there. I have come accross a problem that i cant seem to crack so i wonder if any of you guys can help.
I am encoding a mkv file to bluray with ripbot and i need to add subtitles to it.
I have the subs in .srt format which i then enable in ripbot and choose "Build in Picture". I then let ripbot do its stuff, but when its finally all done there are no subs hard coded into the movie.
I played the file on pc and ps3 and there are definatly no subs there.
What am i doing wrong ????

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2008, 17:11
Do you see subs in Preview?

spudman
13th April 2008, 17:13
No that was strange as well the subs were not in the preview... hmmmmm....

spudman
13th April 2008, 17:13
In the Ripbot log aswell it says nothing about the srt file

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2008, 17:15
Send me that srt file. Use mediafire.com

spudman
13th April 2008, 17:19
Atak_Snajpera --- http://www.mediafire.com/?wdeyzjyzguz

.srt file :)

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2008, 17:31
00:35:58,189 --> 00:36:05,186
The heads must be separated
from the bodies.

00:36:06,831 --> 00:36:08,696
Do not turn them.

00:36:14,372 --> 00:36:18,069
We should have come here ages ago.

00:36:43,634 --> 00:36:45,465
What are they?

00:36:48,639 --> 00:36:50,368
We don't know.

00:37:51,769 --> 00:37:54,397
There is no escape.

00:37:55,740 --> 00:37:58,174
No hope.

00:37:59,143 --> 00:38:01,771
Only hunger and pain.

00:46:53,010 --> 00:46:58,175
You did all that I asked.

00:47:06,490 --> 00:47:10,551
We will take care of you.

00:47:34,852 --> 00:47:39,084
The things they believe.

00:52:23,673 --> 00:52:25,834
God?

01:16:19,741 --> 01:16:21,436
You do understand?

01:16:23,779 --> 01:16:29,046
What can be broken must be broken.

01:19:16,084 --> 01:19:18,814
When a man meets a force...

01:19:19,454 --> 01:19:21,718
...he can't destroy...

01:19:23,125 --> 01:19:26,526
...he destroys himself instead.

01:19:29,097 --> 01:19:31,531
What a plague you are.

01:29:50,184 --> 01:29:54,621
It took centuries for us...

01:29:54,989 --> 01:29:56,786
...to make them believe...

01:29:59,894 --> 01:30:05,526
...we were only bad dreams.

01:30:09,737 --> 01:30:16,404
We cannot give them reason
to suspect.

01:30:17,578 --> 01:30:19,478
Destroy them all.

01:41:27,681 --> 01:41:29,308
The one who fights.

As you can see first subtitles will appear after ~36 minutes. Why this movie has only 24 lines????

spudman
13th April 2008, 17:40
Basically these parts of the movie are spoke in "vampire" i would like them built into the picture and not as a selectable subtitle. Is this possible.
This problem is making me pull my hair out :S

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2008, 17:51
In AviSynth script remove 25 and enter 23.976

#Subtitles
Loadplugin("...\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\VSFilter\VSFilter.dll")
video=TextSub(video,"subs.srt",-1,25)

spudman
13th April 2008, 17:54
You star !!!! Thank you ever so much again matey. Keep up the good work ;)

mob
13th April 2008, 20:33
DAMN Atak_Snajpera! What an AWESOME software you made here! I just found out about it. It's so good because it is so simple.

Tell me, can I use this software to make high quality X264 rips of my Anime DVDs to play on my PC? or is this software only good for IPOD/PSP/PS3 and things like that?

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2008, 20:54
Tell me, can I use this software to make high quality X264 rips of my Anime DVDs to play on my PC? or is this software only good for IPOD/PSP/PS3 and things like that?

Yes of course :) Use level 4.1 HD profile ...

It's so good because it is so simple.
It's simple because I'm simple guy :)

Temeryx
13th April 2008, 21:26
First, thank you for the program very nice, clean, easy to use program.

I wanted to use this program to convert my blu-ray discs into something that is less of a hassle to play on my HTPC.

I did "I am Legend", I used the 4.1 profile, set CQ to 16, and converted the audio to the highest bitrate AC3, using mkv. I did not change any other settings, this worked perfectly.

Last night I tried to do "The fifth Element" all the same settings. It seemed to work perfectly again, but I found out that 1 minute 30 seconds into the film, the audio just cuts out for the rest of the movie. Until that time my reciever detects the AC3 audio, and it sounds perfect.

The Fifth Element has an LPCM audio track and Ripbot did convert the LPCM to flac.

So, any thoughts would be appreciated, and I will gladly provide any other info you need.

thanks

mob
13th April 2008, 21:27
@Atak_Snajpera:

COOL :)

I'm going to test it out right now because I had some problems with MeGUI and AutoMKV because of all the options they have. It gets confusing because I always have to learn about new options and I never know what I'm doing. Thanks for making this software!

mob
13th April 2008, 22:30
Hey Atak_Snajpera. So I just finished testing it out and I am very happy with the way your software works. It operates so smoothly on my machine. And it was so easy to use. I really like it a lot.

I'm going to use this software to encode all my Anime DVDs. Maybe you can take a look at this sample of one of my anime series that I will encode.

http://www.mediafire.com/?scs2mgccdw9

Right now I will use the [ level 4.1 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles profile to encode this. But maybe you can see the source that I uploaded above and recommend me some changes to make to the profile to encode this particular one better. Unless maybe this profile is already good for my source. I don't know much about it because I am no expert.

Anyway, also, how can I know which deinterlace setting to use? Is there a way for me to find out? And how can I know if I need to use decimate? Those are really the two main options that I never know anything about :(

Well, thanks for everything!

edit:
See, when I'm done encoding I'm am seeing alot of frames that look like this:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4185/samplees9.th.jpg (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=samplees9.jpg)

I think maybe I need to use Decimate or something to fix that but the option is disabled. You can have a look at a sample of the source vob to check it out. I uploaded it to mediafire and the link is right above. Thanks for helping me :)

Stoerte
14th April 2008, 12:32
Hi,

i want to "shrink" AVP (Alien versus Predator), but there is no one great .m2ts file in the stream folder. How do i get the right order to add them in RipBot264?

Btw. 8150MB didn't work for me, every time the BD-folder was to big (two different movies), 7700 MB works fine for me.

Great program Atak_Snajpera.

Stoerte

Atak_Snajpera
14th April 2008, 12:46
Import playlist (MPLS) file in latest TSMuxer (Version 1.7.6). Remux to single .m2ts.

Btw. 8150MB didn't work for me, every time the BD-folder was to big (two different movies), 7700 MB works fine for me.

Did you use AC3 sound or DTS?

Stoerte
14th April 2008, 13:51
Import playlist (MPLS) file in latest TSMuxer (Version 1.7.6). Remux to single .m2ts.

thx, i'll give it a try.

DTS

Atak_Snajpera
14th April 2008, 14:19
Formula is correct only for AC3 :( If you used AC3 , size would be ok. I will try to fix that in next version.

Espio
15th April 2008, 00:23
Did you try to remove audio normalization?

Sorry for the late reply to this, but removing normalization worked. Thanks for the tip, but even with the volume maxed and headphones on, it was pretty quiet. Any chance the problem will fixed next version?

jtheripper
15th April 2008, 07:47
I was wondering if it was possible for you to add to the size option something for a BD25 disk. That way it would be easy to compress down a BD50 dual layer and loose very little quality

Atak_Snajpera
15th April 2008, 12:57
Sorry for the late reply to this, but removing normalization worked. Thanks for the tip, but even with the volume maxed and headphones on, it was pretty quiet. Any chance the problem will fixed next version?
I encode movies for my PSP very often and I have never had problems with audio normalization. I guess you have a mess in system :) (codec packs and so on)

I was wondering if it was possible for you to add to the size option something for a BD25 disk. That way it would be easy to compress down a BD50 dual layer and loose very little quality
I didn't know that main movie can be bigger than 25GB.

duramaximus
15th April 2008, 23:00
I encode movies for my PSP very often and I have never had problems with audio normalization. I guess you have a mess in system :) (codec packs and so on)

I didn't know that main movie can be bigger than 25GB.

I ripped Live Free or Die Hard and it came out to be 29.3GB.
Main movie with english subs and best audio.

I also would like to see this feature if possible.

Thanks,

Duramaximus

jtheripper
16th April 2008, 03:03
I have ripped a few movies (BD50) down to the main movie and the HD audio (DD true hd , DTS master HD, uncompressed LPCM) and they came out to between 26 and 30 GB. With the price of 1 layer BD-RE dropping fast I think it is only a matter of time that this would be preferred rather than burning to a DVD-R. The BD-RE has arounf 22GB of usable space. If you could include that in the fike size options that would be fantastic. Thanks for your great program

dejected_is_me
16th April 2008, 05:42
i created a mp4 for the iphone using the preset profile for audio of 2.0 96kbs constant. the orginal file had audio in stereo (2 channels) but when ripbot was done it created a 6 channel mutli audio file. which of course does not play on the iphone. ive tried it numerous times with diffrent files (all from the same source thou) and the result is the same.

Atak_Snajpera
16th April 2008, 07:00
6 channels from 2 seems impossible in my app :) How do you know that you get 6 channels?

Deckard2019
16th April 2008, 13:46
Did anybody create profile for PopcornHour A100 ?
[ level 4.1 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles will surely be suitable, just wondering ...

Thank you.

dejected_is_me
16th April 2008, 13:49
i used the properties window out of media player classsic. (its never failed me before). the orginal file posts this:

"Video: DivX 5 320x240 29.97fps 769Kbps [Video 0]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 159Kbps [Audio 1]"

The file made with ripbot reports this:

"Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 320x240 [GPAC ISO Video Handler]
Audio: AAC 44100Hz 6ch 157Kbps [GPAC ISO Audio Handler]"

again i used the iphone/ipod profile for video and then the 2.0 96kbs constant profile for audio. Its an episode of season 2 good eats. I did 12 episodes all of which play on the computer fine but when you trnasfer them to the iphone you get video no sound because its being reported as a muliti audio source in itunes and a 6 channel source in mpc.

I tried rencoding the audio in megui with the faac codec (same file that i put into ripbot) and it came out with the correct channels...2. i muxed the audio into the orginal mp4 container that ripbot made and synced it to my phone an it played fine.

SO the problem must be with the encoding codec that ripbot uses.

survivant001
16th April 2008, 13:57
@Atak_Snajpera

did you had some free time to create a beta version with dual audio track for the bluray output ?

repdetect2
16th April 2008, 18:58
Yes I will add that in next version

Could you be more precise?

Sorry for the delay, had a nasty, nasty flu....

The PS3 supports AAC 5.1 in the MP4 container. In Handbrake, there is an option to to take the AC-3 5.1 track and have it converted to AAC 5.1. That way you can just natively play mp4 with full surround and save some bandwith...

Thanks in advance sir :)

Atak_Snajpera
16th April 2008, 21:59
SO the problem must be with the encoding codec that ripbot uses.
Send me sample please.

did you had some free time to create a beta version with dual audio track for the bluray output ?
no I did not :( Sorry...

Sorry for the delay, had a nasty, nasty flu....

The PS3 supports AAC 5.1 in the MP4 container. In Handbrake, there is an option to to take the AC-3 5.1 track and have it converted to AAC 5.1. That way you can just natively play mp4 with full surround and save some bandwith...

Thanks in advance sir
AC3 conversion to AAC ???? It exists in my app since the beginning (v1.0.0)
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4481/new1rk7.th.png (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1rk7.png)

[ level 4.1 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles will surely be suitable, just wondering ...
This profile is compatible with xbox360 , PS3 , DXVA , Blu-ray players and so on... I see no reason why popcorn would refuse to play movies encoded in this profile.

repdetect2
17th April 2008, 12:58
Atak,

Sorry for the oversight there. I must have goofed something on the installation, I reinstalled and I see everything now.

Sorry for the intrusion, your doing enough improving this awesome app without guys like me slowing you down :)

dejected_is_me
17th April 2008, 13:35
here is a sample of the video i was working with. the original file was a avi encoded with xvid and mp3. i split it with virtual dub. and as before i put the split file into ribbot and used iphone profile and 2.0 96kbs constant. It reports 6 ch with media player classic and a "mulit" audio source by itunes.

original file:
http://www.filedropper.com/orginalstereo

encoded file:
http://www.filedropper.com/encodedbyripbotturnedinto6ch

-dejected

~bT~
17th April 2008, 17:27
^ there must be a problem/conflict on your system. i just re-encoded the original file and here is the mediainfo:

Audio #0
Codec : AAC LC
Codec/Info : AAC Low Complexity
PlayTime : 28s 72ms
Bit rate mode : VBR
Bit rate : 129 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 139 Kbps
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
StreamSize/String : 441 KiB

info from your re-encoded file:

Audio #0
PlayTime : 28s 72ms
Bit rate : 158 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 179 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
StreamSize/String : 540 KiB

Atak_Snajpera
17th April 2008, 21:12
I also have no problem with that file:) You must have huge mess in your system. Good advice. Stop using codec packs, ok?

dejected_is_me
17th April 2008, 23:30
admitadly i do have the cccp codec pack. but thats all. and now that i watch when the encoding for ripbot is started ffdshow icons pop up in my taskbar for the decoding. from the looks of it aac encodeing is done by the aacplus codec. So isnt the seleciton of codecs handled internally by the program not by the codecs on my machine. Also ive tried the aacplus encoder in megui with the same file and it came out fine.

Atak_Snajpera
17th April 2008, 23:55
I've been using my app for over a year and I have never seen something like this. Like I said get rid of CCCP. Reinstall AviSynth , FFDshow (also uncheck all options in FFDShow Audio section) , Haali Media Splitter. End of story.

dejected_is_me
18th April 2008, 02:50
you were right. i dont know what about cccp was causing it but hey good to go now. besides between ffdshow, halie splitter and mpc i already installed everything in cccp... so whatever. problem solved thanks for your help

mob
21st April 2008, 01:30
Hey Atak_Snajpera, is there any way to use OGM files as input for ripbot264?

I have a Xvid video in a .ogm container. I am trying to convert this to x264/mkv.

I know ripbot264 can convert xvid/avi but it doesn't seem to let me convert xvid/ogm :(

Atak_Snajpera
21st April 2008, 06:58
Remux OGM to MKV.

Ajax_Undone
21st April 2008, 18:50
Updated installer links take advantage of the shared folder it has other stuff that might interest you...

New:
Added recursive Directory add/remove so no more individual folder search for new/old files In the Setup Projects.7z

Killed the abort sequence that killed previous installers if a firewall blocked them from the Internet... (Needing a loop sequence for retry not yet implemented)

PreRun sequence is now automated in all installers...

*Soon to be added:
Uninstallation of old FFDshow before new one gets installed same with Haali and if need be Avisynth as well...

New set of code to automate the install of all programs that get downloaded...

DJ_Price
21st April 2008, 19:02
I have just encoded a music video I have & the audio in the mkv output file has the odd beep & hiss every 3 seconds or so. Here's an ogg file of the hissing. http://www.mediafire.com/?xdygwyowuld

Ajax_Undone
21st April 2008, 19:10
Can you upload a chunk of the source Video

Atak_Snajpera
21st April 2008, 21:29
Also, sometimes when I encode my DVDs I like to keep the original AC3 audio track. So that would also be another good example of when someone would want to keep the untouched audio.

Select copy stream. AC3 is not allowed in MP4!

The audio is already 96kbps/OGG so if I transcode it, it will only give me worse quality. So I'm better off just keep the audio as it is.

OGG is only allowed in MKV!

mob
21st April 2008, 21:32
Select copy stream. AC3 is not allowed in MP4!

OGG is only allowed in MKV!

LOL Yeah I just realized that! I actually just deleted my last post since I figured it out on my own but you replied too fast :)

The problem was that I had selected the MP4 container. Now that I am using the MKV container I have the option to copy the original stream.

Man, RipBot264 is really good. I love its simplicity. And I love how it "just works" without any problems.

Thanks a lot :)

DJ_Price
21st April 2008, 21:43
Can you upload a chunk of the source Video

What do you suggest I use to get a chunk out?

Ajax_Undone
21st April 2008, 23:50
Any Binary File Splitter will do the job...

DJ_Price
22nd April 2008, 03:23
Any Binary File Splitter will do the job...

Ok, what will having the source video do? I tried encoding with another program (MediaCoder) & there were no problems with the file that was outputted. Here's the video, it's 15 seconds: Hound Dogs - I Like Girls (http://www.mediafire.com/?ydnyxymozjy)

Espio
22nd April 2008, 03:27
When I add subtitles to the video and burn them in, they appear a second or so late, but when I use the SRT file with the original video they are perfectly in time. Any way to fix this?

Ajax_Undone
22nd April 2008, 04:49
@ DJ_Price

It isnt hard to reproduce that noise but there is no video in play back once encoded...

MPC Spits it out like a bad taste.... It encodes just fine in VDubMod

Better let Atak take it from here...

Atak_Snajpera
22nd April 2008, 07:05
This audio problem is already fixed with latest NicAudio (2.0.1). I reported that sometime ago.

DJ_Price
22nd April 2008, 16:31
This audio problem is already fixed with latest NicAudio (2.0.1). I reported that sometime ago.

Thanks, that did the trick:thanks:

Ajax_Undone
22nd April 2008, 23:41
OK Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?yvmbj5j3jmv) is the new installer it has an updated tool set... I will keep track of the updates for now on...

Hey Atak think you should adopt from morphinapg his updater and use it in your app to keep it up to date... :sly:

Just a thought LOL...

--PlayStation3--
23rd April 2008, 05:19
I am getting an error, and I've never had a problem.

It's an .mkv music video that I'm trying to convert to .mp4.

Media player classic opens up and says...:

"Script error: there is no function named "DirectShowSource"
(C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 1)"

Anyone know a fix?

Thanks.

jethro
23rd April 2008, 10:41
Check if you have DirectShowSource.dll plugin in Avisynth plugins folder.

--PlayStation3--
23rd April 2008, 15:03
Check if you have DirectShowSource.dll plugin in Avisynth plugins folder.

Yep, it's there.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd April 2008, 15:15
Reinstall AviSynth

jamd1
24th April 2008, 01:21
Thx for a nice simple app that does the job nicely - Just used to make an mp4 from an AnyDVD rip of Fifth Element Blu-ray. Quality is very good and appears in sinc.
Using a Core 2 Duo E6600 2 gb ram it took 16 hours to make an mp4 using 2 passes at 2048 kbps. 1st pass encoded at about 10.5 fps - second pass at 4.7 fps.
Couple of newbie questions:
1. In order to save processing time is it neccessary to do 2 passses?
2. Does the encoding generally take longer or shorter for .mkv production instead of .mp4?
3. Would I save much time encoding at the default 1024 kbps instead of 2048?
Thx for the help and any tips.

deets
24th April 2008, 02:22
im awake so ill give your questions a go :D

1. no, 2 pass is only for making it fit a desired file size. If you are not concerned with the end file size you can try CRF mode which is one pass.
2. it wont make any difference to encoding time, the raw video file is the same in either mkv or mp4
3. maybe so, i only encode for PSP and i think it takes longer for higher bitrate, but i could be completely wrong :)

--PlayStation3--
24th April 2008, 04:55
Reinstall AviSynth

Reinstalling AviSynth didn't work. Now I get a different error.

http://i32.tinypic.com/29ap66x.jpg

deacon crusher
24th April 2008, 07:09
Atak or anyone else.

I'm very close to getting this great app to work perfectly for me, but I've got a couple of questions.

I'm trying to rip blu-ray movies to play on a Sage media extender. Doesn't seem to handle the full bit rate of m2ts files so want to encode to mkv as it seems to handle those well. I've done one encode that worked for the first 20 minutes of the movie (I'm using spiderman3 for my tests) but after about 20 minutes the audio stops altogether and the video plays at about 2x speed. I've read a bunch of this thread and figure this might be a codec pack I had (klite) so uninstalled that.

So, first question, what settings should I use to maintain the highest quality as file size is not that big an issue?

EDIT
I tried Blu-ray profile with CQ of 24 or 26 whichever is highest. That gave me a smaller file size then 20 or 22 whichever I tried first, so next time I'll go CQ with 16, that should give me least recompression, correct?
END EDIT

Second and this is the biggy, Spidey has TrueHD and a 5.1 uncompressed 5.1 sound tracks. I'd like to use either of these to create a 5.1 AC3 sound track. Is this possible? That sound track will work if I playback through my dolby digital (but not dts) decoding receiver, or if I dump straight to my TV via hdmi as my Sage extender will down convert for me to 2 channels.

If this is possilbe what's the right way to do it?

EDIT
Watched the process a little more closely this time and I think I've figured out that ripbot is actually converting the LPCM track to flac and then when I choose aften 5.1 it's changing it back to AC3, correct?

So, if that's right how does ripbot know which sound track to use? I guess the LPCM one has only one version and is English.
END EDIT

NEW QUESTION
Last question, so this next try even with smaller file size and my better understanding still created an MKV that has the audio die about 15 to 18 minutes into the movie (exact same point.)

Some way to fix this??

Also, should it take 45 minutes or so for Rip Bot to parse through the audio files and do the flac conversion before you get to make your mkv choices and start the re-encode??
END NEW QUESTION.

Thanks very much and again, great tool.

thanks

Atak_Snajpera
24th April 2008, 12:05
--PlayStation3--
Remove all codec paks from your system and then use Ajax installer.

IYG
25th April 2008, 20:36
--PlayStation3--
Remove all codec paks from your system and then use Ajax installer.

I did do it and I got the same problem with PlayStation3
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2849/64555011vu1.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
25th April 2008, 21:04
I tried Blu-ray profile with CQ of 24 or 26 whichever is highest. That gave me a smaller file size then 20 or 22 whichever I tried first, so next time I'll go CQ with 16, that should give me least recompression, correct?
Lower value means better quality (bigger size). If I were you I would stay with CQ22.

Last question, so this next try even with smaller file size and my better understanding still created an MKV that has the audio die about 15 to 18 minutes into the movie (exact same point.)

I had the same problem with Casino Royale DVD. I will try to find solution.

So, if that's right how does ripbot know which sound track to use? I guess the LPCM one has only one version and is English.
User chooses track from the list not ripbot :)

I did do it and I got the same problem with PlayStation3
When this error occurs show me also getinfo.avs

Also, should it take 45 minutes or so for Rip Bot to parse through the audio files and do the flac conversion before you get to make your mkv choices and start the re-encode??
If your source is huge (bluray) with many soundtracks and your HDD is not very fast...Why not.

Sarreq Teryx
25th April 2008, 21:39
I'm using 1.9.2 and so far it's a nice program, but I'm finding a few things either broken or lacking.
broken:

decimation - it seems to be disabled no matter what. I'd have to guess it's something you're still working on.
sorry, it seems to just not like certain frame rates, very odd. it works fine for 29.976 video, but there's only the choice to decimate to 23.976. this is most definitely an odd case, but I have a 120fps video, and I'd like to be able to decimate it to 24, but no-go
subtitles - MKVs can hold SRT, SSA or ASS, but the only option available for "mux in container" is SRT

lacking:

saving new profiles - how? I'd like to save my custom profile, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it.
free-form bitrate control for the video - why be stuck with a drop down list of bitrates?
audio format and bitrates - 6 choices??? why not make a chooser between ogg, aac-lc and aac-he, and have a slider for either cq or bitrate?
normalizer - 100% or 200%? what if someone wants to normalize somwhere below, inbetween, or above those marks?
3-pass encoding - why not?

Atak_Snajpera
25th April 2008, 22:15
It looks like you didn't do your homework very well :)

lacking:

* saving new profiles - how? I'd like to save my custom profile, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it.
* free-form bitrate control for the video - why be stuck with a drop down list of bitrates?
* audio format and bitrates - 6 choices??? why not make a chooser between ogg, aac-lc and aac-he, and have a slider for either cq or bitrate?
* normalizer - 100% or 200%? what if someone wants to normalize somwhere below, inbetween, or above those marks?
* 3-pass encoding - why not?

1) Modifiy name (in codec settings) and click ok. Profile always shows in Profile directory. Is it that complicated ???
2) Did you even bother to enter bitrate manually???
3) Simplicity Amigo, Simplicity. Tell me Who encode for instance AC3 audio at 345kbps???
4) What is point to normalize audio below 100%??? 200% was added ONLY for PSP users. It helps a little bit to increase audio volume but it is not RECOMMENDED in other task.
5) Huge waste of time!!! Human being won't see difference between 2-pass and 3-pass. Unless you are cyborg.

* decimation - it seems to be disabled no matter what. I'd have to guess it's something you're still working on.
* subtitles - MKVs can hold SRT, SSA or ASS, but the only option available for "mux in container" is SRT

decimate is available ONLY if source has 29.97 fps or 59.94fps!
SRT subs are alot more popular than SSA or ASS.

IYG
25th April 2008, 23:20
When this error occurs show me also getinfo.avs

I think the problem comes from the source.
http://www.mediafire.com/?axsx4dbabfi

Atak_Snajpera
25th April 2008, 23:22
Send me source then.

IYG
26th April 2008, 00:09
Send me source then.

It's 300Mb :confused:
Do you want to download it?

Sarreq Teryx
26th April 2008, 01:12
It looks like you didn't do your homework very well :)

1) Modifiy name (in codec settings) and click ok. Profile always shows in Profile directory. Is it that complicated ???o0 sorry, that wasn't obvious, usually there's a "save profile" button. thanks
2) Did you even bother to enter bitrate manually???>_> whoops…
3) Simplicity Amigo, Simplicity. Tell me Who encode for instance AC3 audio at 345kbps???
not anyone sane, I didn't mean for encoding that high or or arbitrary a bitrate either, but I think limiting the choice to 64HE, 96LC and 128LC is a little silly, I'd just like to be able to use 112kbps or 192 in both profiles at least. neither profile are limited to those bitrates are they? I know Vorbis isn't.
4) What is point to normalize audio below 100%??? 200% was added ONLY for PSP users. It helps a little bit to increase audio volume but it is not RECOMMENDED in other task.
below 100%: if the source audio is too loud, you'd want to lower it
between 100 and 200%: if the source audio is too quiet, but not so quiet that you'd want to boost it by 200%
over 200%: ya got me, the hard of hearing?
5) Huge waste of time!!! Human being won't see difference between 2-pass and 3-pass. Unless you are cyborg.
I'm not quite a cyborg, but I do notice little slight differences, I know most people don't see them, but I do. it's not a major thing, I would've liked the option though.
decimate is available ONLY if source has 29.97 fps or 59.94fps!
is that a limitation of AVISynth (or something else ripbot uses)?
SRT subs are alot more popular than SSA or ASS.maybe that doesn't apply to anime subbers, since I've only ever seen SSA or ASS used in them. but besides that, MKV is still compatible with all 3 (and USF, I wish that wasn't abandoned), why limit people to one format? if MP4 or BlueRay are limited to SRT, limit those, but MKV isn't and shouldn't be.

Usa1955
26th April 2008, 06:48
Is it somehow possible to convert avi files with FLV1? When I try to open one generated from FLV extract Media Player classic opens displaying that FLV1 is not supported. Is it somehow possible though?

jamd1
26th April 2008, 07:17
Atak_Snajpera - thx again for the app. Having made a few rips with it now - experimenting with different bit rates and resolutions and working out conversion times. There is a big time saving using 1280x720 over 1920x1080 - more significant than using the same resolution with half the bitrate.
So "generally speaking" would i get a better picture with a 1280x720 file with 8192 Bit rate compared to a 1920x1080 file with 4096 Bit rate? Or am I better off with the full HD resolution at the lower bit rate.
Thx for any advice.

Atak_Snajpera
26th April 2008, 10:56
It's 300Mb
Do you want to download it?
50 mb is enough

but I think limiting the choice to 64HE, 96LC and 128LC is a little silly, I'd just like to be able to use 112kbps or 192 in both profiles at least. neither profile are limited to those bitrates are they? I know Vorbis isn't.
AAC is very efficient codec. 128kbps is comparable to 192 mp3 so i see no reason to use higher bitrate. The same rule applies to ogg as well. I also see no reason to use 112kbps. 128-112=16. You would save whole 16kbps :) Silly

below 100%: if the source audio is too loud, you'd want to lower it
between 100 and 200%: if the source audio is too quiet, but not so quiet that you'd want to boost it by 200%
over 200%: ya got me, the hard of hearing?
200% = always distorted sound. You increase audio volume above scale.
If your source was normalized above scale lowering volume won't fix that. Audio will always remain distorted.
Lesson for: 200% for PSP ,100% for rest.

I'm not quite a cyborg, but I do notice little slight differences, I know most people don't see them, but I do. it's not a major thing, I would've liked the option though.
I doubt

is that a limitation of AVISynth (or something else ripbot uses)?
Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecine#2:3_pulldown

maybe that doesn't apply to anime subbers, since I've only ever seen SSA or ASS used in them. but besides that, MKV is still compatible with all 3 (and USF, I wish that wasn't abandoned), why limit people to one format? if MP4 or BlueRay are limited to SRT, limit those, but MKV isn't and shouldn't be.
next version will support SSA and ASS...

Atak_Snajpera - thx again for the app. Having made a few rips with it now - experimenting with different bit rates and resolutions and working out conversion times. There is a big time saving using 1280x720 over 1920x1080 - more significant than using the same resolution with half the bitrate.
So "generally speaking" would i get a better picture with a 1280x720 file with 8192 Bit rate compared to a 1920x1080 file with 4096 Bit rate? Or am I better off with the full HD resolution at the lower bit rate.
Thx for any advice.
If you did your math you would know that Full HD footage has ~2 times more pixels to encode therefore it requires proportional higher bitrate. HD should have 4Mbps and FullHD should have 8192.
Conclusion is that 720p at 8Mbps will always look better than FullHD at 4Mbps!

Is it somehow possible to convert avi files with FLV1? When I try to open one generated from FLV extract Media Player classic opens displaying that FLV1 is not supported. Is it somehow possible though?
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5383/new1xv7.th.png (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1xv7.png)

IYG
26th April 2008, 11:35
50 mb is enough

Where do you want me to upload it?
BTW, may you reenable the option "deinterlace" next version?
Because, most of my videos are interlace.
Thank you.

Atak_Snajpera
26th April 2008, 11:45
www.mediafire.com

Sarreq Teryx
26th April 2008, 16:22
Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecine#2:3_pulldownOK, while one of the more important forms of telecine, 2:3 pulldown isn't the only form of frame decimation. I actually wasn't kidding about the 120fps video I've got (119.88, to be exact, it was probably interlaced 59.94 originally)

Atak_Snajpera
26th April 2008, 16:49
Send me sample and I will see what I can do. OK?

Sarreq Teryx
26th April 2008, 18:41
here you go, 37.5MB, 1280x720x119.88fps divx6.8 mp3 (http://www.mediafire.com/?ti9d1dtjytj)

IYG
26th April 2008, 19:36
50 mb is enough

After I cut it to 50Mb using TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring, I can rip that 50Mb video by RipBot.
So I guess there is no point to upload it.

mpiper
26th April 2008, 21:45
Is there a way to add the ability to open EVO files?

Or, at least, to open MKV files that contain VC-1 video?

I'm trying to archive my Hd-DVDs (since they are now officially extinct :) ) and most seem to be VC-1. So ifVC-1 can be added, that would be the greatest thing since they invented sliced bread!!:p

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
26th April 2008, 22:18
Send me samples mkv and evo

jamd1
26th April 2008, 22:46
This request pertains to all the conversion GUI's. I have read through most of the pages of this and the other GUI threads but not seen any terminology guides. For people used to only one click conerters like DVD shrink an explanation on each of the main settings and how they effect conversion and movie quality would be very useful . If someone has the time it would be much appreciated.
All codec settings, bitrates, buffer sizes etc
Thanks for any help

duramaximus
26th April 2008, 23:23
I am trying to make a MP4 of Blade Runner Final Cut Bluray.

I picked the XBOX profile and selected single layer DVD for size.

This will not play in my 360, can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Here is the MediaInfo..........

General #0
Complete name : C:\Users\Geno\Desktop\BLADE_RUNNER_FINAL_CUT.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format/Info : ISO 14496-1 Base Media
Format/Family : MPEG-4
File size : 4.38 GiB
PlayTime : 1h 57mn
Bit rate : 5327 Kbps
StreamSize : 3.13 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-04-25 21:56:27
Tagged date : UTC 2008-04-25 21:56:27

Video #0
Codec/Info : MPEG-4 AVC
Codec profile : High@L4.1
Codec settings, CABAC : Yes
Bit rate : 5195 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 23.4 Mbps
Width : 1920 pixels
Height : 1080 pixels
Frame rate mode : CFR
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.104
StreamSize : 4.27 GiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-04-25 21:56:27
Tagged date : UTC 2008-04-25 21:59:33

Audio #0
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 134 Kbps
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
StreamSize : 108 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-04-25 21:59:10

Text #0
Codec : Timed
Codec/Info : Timed text (3GPP)
Codec/Url : http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html
PlayTime : 1h 52mn
Bit rate : 12 bps
StreamSize : 10.4 KiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-04-25 21:59:33

Atak_Snajpera
27th April 2008, 00:04
MP4 must be <=4GB (4096 MB)

duramaximus
27th April 2008, 03:47
MP4 must be <=4GB (4096 MB)

OH, OK Thanks.

Learn something new :)

jamd1
27th April 2008, 04:08
I have the same problem witha PS3 mp4 I made - size is 4.2gb - plays on PC but PS3 shows as corrupted data . Same reason I guess? If so is it because consoles not using NTFS file system?
Rather than re-encode the whole file (took 20 hours lol) - Is there a simple way to split the mp4 file into 2 parts without losing any quality?

duramaximus
27th April 2008, 04:15
Rather than re-encode the whole file (took 20 hours lol) - Is there a simple way to split the mp4 file into 2 parts without losing any quality?

20 hours???

I have heard this from a lot of people here.

I wonder why it only takes 4 to 6 hours on my machine?

I am going to re-encode from the original disk with only one pass keeping the original size.

This should keep the re-encode time down greatly.

Hopefully this will work for streaming to XBOX360.

jamd1
27th April 2008, 05:06
20 HOURS - was encoding a 2 hr movie ( dog day afternoon ) 4m bitrate 1920x1080 HD using the PS3 4.1 profile - Core2duo E6600 2gb ram . Do you have a much more powerful PC or are you encoding to lower settings?