PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Atak_Snajpera
12th September 2012, 18:34
forget about a copyrights. you are not the first user who sends me sample for debuging.
besides i asked only for first 11 min of the movie.

like i said before open video.mkv in mmg.exe and prepare proper sample. without that forget about any help here. your choice.

Lehm
13th September 2012, 12:43
After quite a bit of investigating I think I may have narrowed down what the problem is. Its not directly with your tool. The problem appears to be with Avisynth. I used virtualdub to load in the video.mkv file (and other test videos) with an avs script. On certain types of files when using the trim command if you trim on certain frames you will get three repeated frames at the beginning. On one file I noticed that it was every fourteenth frame. I was thinking this might be on keyframes, but that was just a guess. I was able to reproduce the error on a 1 minute segment. I don't mind sending a short clip like that. But I won't have time to send until tomorrow.

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2012, 13:34
so send me 5 min chunk instead of 11min then. I will have to create bug report for ffmpegSource team.

Gabes
14th September 2012, 13:00
this is my profile:

--level 4.1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 5 --bframes 8 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 8 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me esa

I want to add deblock -3 , -3 and aq-strength 0.5-0.8 values but don't know where or after what. Please someone rewrite the good script I have to copy on my profile file.

PS: If someone finds inaccurate settings, just let me know.

Atak_Snajpera
14th September 2012, 14:34
this is my profile:

--level 4.1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 5 --bframes 8 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 8 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me esa

I want to add deblock -3 , -3 and aq-strength 0.5-0.8 values but don't know where or after what. Please someone rewrite the good script I have to copy on my profile file.

PS: If someone finds inaccurate settings, just let me know.

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter -3,-3 --ref 5 --bframes 8 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 8 --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 0.X --trellis 1 --partitions all --me esa

zanaitoryoushi
15th September 2012, 03:59
encoded 850 frames, 16.96 fps, 2576.09 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\tools\mp4box\mp4box .exe" -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="The Avengers (1)-122" -fps 23.976 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\1_audio_Undetermined.a ac":lang=und:delay=0 -mpeg4 -chap "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -new "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Encoder\The Avengers (1)-122.mp4"

The system cannot execute the specified program.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:53s

it has this error on the log and it doesnt show the output file...anyone knows how to fix it?

Atak_Snajpera
15th September 2012, 11:29
The system cannot execute the specified program.
this should explain everything.

poolshark2014
15th September 2012, 11:38
Hello Atak I was just wondering if higher audio bit rate for LC 2 channel will be added higher than 128kbps for MP4 encoding. The reason I ask is because when converting MKV files into MP4 format for Xbox360 the audio sounds low compared to the audio of 320Kbps on the PS3 and have to higher the volume drastically because Voice parts sound low while the action scenes sound louder than expected. Reason I use Xbox is because some movies contain Cinavia and therefore have to watch them on Xbox instead of PS3.

Atak_Snajpera
15th September 2012, 11:53
128 kbps AAC is transparent even for HydrogenAudio forum users. If you hear difference between 128 and 320 so it has to be something wrong with your equipment. Bitrate has nothing to do with low volume. Most likely dialog normalization has been removed.

slalom
15th September 2012, 15:41
A small bug,
in DE in the lower part of the window, displays fps & eta, which do not correspond to the sum of fps of the servers (or the server if there is one left) or the eta displayed in encoding chunks (or chunk)

Atak_Snajpera
15th September 2012, 16:57
basicly at the bottom you see average fps for all chunks. also eta is based on average fps.

slalom
15th September 2012, 17:18
I realised that, shouldn't it be better to show the current sum of the servers??

Lehm
15th September 2012, 17:42
I realised that, shouldn't it be better to show the current sum of the servers??

Maybe as an addition, but I think what it shows now is more important.

Peter_mov
17th September 2012, 00:05
Hi all,

I have a little problem with this great piece of software.....

A encoding server on one of my PC's switching between encoding and Idle . In the textbx the server displays :

"Encoding started" and then "encoding terminated" nothing else. The encoding client shows the IP "192.168.0.7:1000 ->Starting...." and then "Queue" without transfering the chunk. Share on the server pc is created (manually) and te network access is granted. The access from explorer to tempfile on the server pc is possible, but the folder is empty.

Any suggestions what I did wrong or how to solve this issue? Thx in advance.

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2012, 10:51
see tutorial again maybe. it clearly shows step by step what has to be done.

Shrekage
17th September 2012, 19:42
Hi all,

I have a little problem with this great piece of software.....

A encoding server on one of my PC's switching between encoding and Idle . In the textbx the server displays :

"Encoding started" and then "encoding terminated" nothing else. The encoding client shows the IP "192.168.0.7:1000 ->Starting...." and then "Queue" without transfering the chunk. Share on the server pc is created (manually) and te network access is granted. The access from explorer to tempfile on the server pc is possible, but the folder is empty.

Any suggestions what I did wrong or how to solve this issue? Thx in advance.

Start an encoding session with that server as the only one...

then...

from the server that won't connect run the following from a command prompt window \\[servername]\ripbot264temp\job[x]\chunks\2.cmd

post the result if you can't determine the source of the problem...

Peter_mov
17th September 2012, 21:45
@Atak :
thx for response - believe me, I watched the Tutorial mo0re then 1 time :-).... and distributed encoding works on 4 PC's without trouble - :thanks:

@Shrekage : I tried this on a PC where the encoding server is encoding - This folder/file is not existing on that PC which is not working as a encoding server - sadly. :(

What I wonder - when is the shared folder created with it's content normally (is it created automatically? I think normally yes..) - means when is the content transfered and what makes it impossible to transfer it?

Or did I have to run that command from the PC with the encoding client which distributes the chunks to encoding servers?

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2012, 22:24
make sure that all pcs are in the same workgroup.

Shrekage
18th September 2012, 17:23
@Peter_mov

I think you are making this more difficult than it has to be...

I will use the following to identify the machines
Server - the PC that runs the encodingserver.exe program
client - the PC that runs ripbot.

The client machine should have a share as described in the turorial \\client\ripbot264temp should be accessable from the server. As Atak pointed out, they should be on the same workgroup, but you could be able to type in \\[client]\ripbot264temp from the server machine and be able to access the temp folder on the client PC. once you have that accomplished, you should be able to use DE assuming firewalls, etc... are configured correctly.

rc71
19th September 2012, 00:51
--- Help Please ----

I need some help here. I'm trying to encode a BluRay and the audio (DTS) will NOT cooperate. If I use AAC, the sound is always out of sync . If I encode it in AC3 or Ogg, it's synced up just fine. Does anyone know what is the problem or how to fix it? I suspect it's the encoder, but that's just a guess.

hoju3508
20th September 2012, 08:29
@rc71, log files plz. What's your source?

slalom
20th September 2012, 19:31
--- Help Please ----

I need some help here. I'm trying to encode a BluRay and the audio (DTS) will NOT cooperate. If I use AAC, the sound is always out of sync . If I encode it in AC3 or Ogg, it's synced up just fine. Does anyone know what is the problem or how to fix it? I suspect it's the encoder, but that's just a guess.
Use the "no audio" option, and then remux the final mkv with the oroginal audio

rc71
20th September 2012, 23:20
Use the "no audio" option, and then remux the final mkv with the oroginal audio

That would leave me with a 1.8 GB audio file. What's the point of shrinking the video if I did that?

rc71
20th September 2012, 23:21
@rc71, log files plz. What's your source?

Format : DTS
Source is a BluRay Disc

slalom
21st September 2012, 15:36
That would leave me with a 1.8 GB audio file. What's the point of shrinking the video if I did that?
Beg your pardon??
Don't you want to encode the video?

GMJCZP
23rd September 2012, 04:11
Hello Atak_Snajpera:

I was converting an AVI video with MP3 audio with this setup (from mediainfo):

General
Complete name : C:\video.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 49,2MB
Duration : 21min.
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 314Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2012-09-22 02:31:14
Tagged date : UTC 2012-09-22 02:31:14
Writing application : Yamb 2.1.0.0 [http://yamb.unite-video.com]

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L2.0
Format settings, CABAC : Si
Format settings, ReFrames : 3marcos
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 246Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 260Kbps
Width : 512pixeles
Height : 384pixeles
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constante
Frame rate : 23,976fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8bits
Scan type : Progresivo
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.052
Stream size : 38,6MB (79%)
Title : video
Writing library : x264 core 125 r2208 d9d2288
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.40:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=260 / vbv_bufsize=260 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.60
Encoded date : UTC 2012-09-22 21:47:31
Tagged date : UTC 2012-09-22 02:31:21

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate : 64,5Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 72,2Kbps
Channel(s) : 2canales
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44,1KHz / 22,05KHz
Stream size : 10,1MB (21%)
Encoded date : UTC 2012-09-22 02:31:20

And I noticed that the audio was cut at the end a bit. After several tests I used Yamb to separate and rejoin the tracks and the problem was solved. Please check if in the process of joining tracks (muxing) at the end of the video processing is the problem. Thank you.

slalom
23rd September 2012, 09:50
When combining chunks, a progress bar or a "%" or a sum, would be nice to show that the program is running OK

Pratyatosa
23rd September 2012, 14:07
I'm trying to figure out how RipBot264 works it's magic so that I can do exactly the same thing using Perl scripts. Apparently, it uses other people's command line programs to do the actual conversions, compression etc. Therefore, it should be possible.

Here is what I've been able to figure out so far, using the compression of an exact copy (minus the copy protection) of a typical movie DVD as an example:

RipBot264: written in Delphi by Atak Snajpera

"Combining VOBs...": vjoin.exe (CombineVOBs.cmd) & eac3to.exe (VOBgetinfo.cmd)
"Indexing video stream...": DGindex.exe (No .cmd file created.)
"Demuxing subtitles...": VSRip_Launcher.exe & VSRip.exe (No .cmd file created.)
"Gathering information...": ? (No .cmd file created.)
"Extracting frame...": ? (No .cmd file created.)
----- User input -----
"Pass1...": avs2yuv.exe & x264_x64.exe (job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd)
"Muxing...": mkvmerge.exe (job1_MuxFiles.cmd)

The "Gathering information..." & "Extracting frame..." steps happen too fast for me to see what program is executing by looking at the Windows Task Manager list, but it could also be that no external program is used for those steps.

Pratyatosa
23rd September 2012, 14:17
RipBot264 is a brilliant program, but it could be improved as follows:

1. Allow the video track to be simply copied. Maybe all the user wants to do is to convert the audio to a different codec.

2. Add an option to convert the audio to 2 channel AC3 if the input is, for example, 2 channel AAC.

3. Add an option to skip all user interaction and simply use the defaults. Perhaps more settings could be added to the .ini file.

4. Display what the bit rate is for the audio input, so an intelligent choice may be made for the output bit rate. Either that or don't allow illogical choices. It doesn't make sense to offer the user the option of 640kbps AC3 audio if, for example, the source file has 448kbps AAC audio. Why even offer such an option?

5. Stop stripping the dots (periods) out of the target file name.

slalom
23rd September 2012, 14:32
1. Set your parameters, then stop the program when audio conversion is done. Mux new audio and video.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd September 2012, 14:54
1. Allow the video track to be simply copied. Maybe all the user wants to do is to convert the audio to a different codec.
This is only available for HDDVD/blu-ray sources

2. Add an option to convert the audio to 2 channel AC3 if the input is, for example, 2 channel AAC.
AC3 2.0 is only available for AVCHD. For other containers AAC is better than ancient AC3.

3. Add an option to skip all user interaction and simply use the defaults. Perhaps more settings could be added to the .ini file.
Batch mode maybe?

4. Display what the bit rate is for the audio input, so an intelligent choice may be made for the output bit rate. Either that or don't allow illogical choices. It doesn't make sense to offer the user the option of 640kbps AC3 audio if, for example, the source file has 448kbps AAC audio. Why even offer such an option?
WRONG! 640kbps AC3 makes sense because AC3 is older and less efficient than AAC. So in order to limit further degradation in sound quality you need to use more bits!

not all muxers like multiple periods in file name!

soneca
23rd September 2012, 19:48
Atak,

The sharpen filter applied in this case makes no sense.

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1920,1038).Sharpen(0.2)

Please create an option to enable/disable via .ini file.

rc71
26th September 2012, 01:05

I completely Disagree with that one. I love that it does that. It also makes it easy to id files that have been converted when the source was mkv as well as the target.

rc71
26th September 2012, 01:09
This is only available for HDDVD/blu-ray sources

AC3 2.0 is only available for AVCHD. For other containers AAC is better than ancient AC3.

Batch mode maybe?

WRONG! 640kbps AC3 makes sense because AC3 is older and less efficient than AAC. So in order to limit further degradation in sound quality you need to use more bits!

Okay Atak.

But here is the problem I have, I can't ALWAYS use AAC. I love it, but with certain source I ALWAYS get sync problems. So my options are use something else, NeroAAC seems to work for me, or use one of the other audio codecs like AC3 or Vorbis.

Pratyatosa
26th September 2012, 04:40
1. Set your parameters, then stop the program when audio conversion is done. Mux new audio and video.

Yes. Step-by-step instructions on how to do this are given on <Tutorial: How to Convert DTS/AAC 5.1 Audio to 5.1 Dolby Digital (AC3) Within a Video File (http://llbest.com/?P=79)>.

However, there's a better way: Free Download & Tutorial: Batch/Multiple Subfolder Conversion of MKV/MP4/3GP/AVI/DIVX/M2TS/MOV/MPG/MPEG/OGV/TS/VOB/WEBM-DTS/AAC/MP3/OGG Video Files to MKV-AC3 (Dolby Digital), Preserving All Tracks! (http://llbest.com/?P=7i)

Pratyatosa
26th September 2012, 04:55
I completely Disagree with that one. I love that it does that. It also makes it easy to id files that have been converted when the source was mkv as well as the target.

Why not simply note the "Date modified" or which folder the newly created mkv file is in?

Pratyatosa
26th September 2012, 04:58

But RipBot264 uses MKVmerge to do the muxing, which has no problem with multiple periods in files.

Pratyatosa
26th September 2012, 05:00
Batch mode maybe?

Maybe. But I haven't tried it yet. Where may I find some explanation of how it works?

Pratyatosa
26th September 2012, 05:13

Even if this is true, the RipBot264 software should be able to easily calculate what the ideal target file audio track bitrate is, depending upon what the source file bitrate is. So, why not have an INI file option to have the program choose the best bitrate to use?

Another thing is that one user is always going to want AAC audio in the target file. Another is going to always want AC3 audio, etc. So why not have the output audio track codec an INI file default setting, same as MP4 vs. MKV?

Pratyatosa
26th September 2012, 05:22

If I try to play a file with AAC audio on my home theater system, I get nothing but silence, because the "ancient" receiver that I use can only decode AC3 and DTS. Therefore, my standard is 100% MKV with AC3 audio, even if it's only 2 channels.

flebber
26th September 2012, 06:19
Even if this is true, the RipBot264 software should be able to easily calculate what the ideal target file audio track bitrate is, depending upon what the source file bitrate is. So, why not have an INI file option to have the program choose the best bitrate to use?

Another thing is that one user is always going to want AAC audio in the target file. Another is going to always want AC3 audio, etc. So why not have the output audio track codec an INI file default setting, same as MP4 vs. MKV?

The "best" option is the highest. You can choose to lower it but they would be based on personal preference and who can create s formula to calculate personal preference?

GoldenEye4ever
27th September 2012, 02:17
I've been using RipBot264 for the last couple years and really appreciate the great work.

I have 2 feature requests:
Multiple Audio Streams
When I'm encoding a foreign film, I like to encode the movie into an MKV file and including the English audio track, the native audio track and the English subtitle track.
Currently I have to encode the movie with one of the audio files, then extract the 2nd audio file manually and then add it to the MKV file using MKVMerge.
I'd really appreciate it if I could select more than 1 audio track into a build.

Stopping Initial Scan
When I first click the Add button, RipBot begins analyzing the 1st video stream; especially when it comes to tv shows, the 1st stream may not be the stream I want.
I'd appreciate it if I could cancel the initial analysis, or have to click a button to initialize the scan.

Thanks for the great app :)

Chetwood
27th September 2012, 07:29
Multiple Audio Streams

+1. It's also interesting for people who want Director's Comments.

GMJCZP
27th September 2012, 15:11
Hello Atak_Snajpera:

General

Video
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.40:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=260 / vbv_bufsize=260 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.60

Audio

And I noticed that the audio was cut at the end a bit. After several tests I used Yamb to separate and rejoin the tracks and the problem was solved. Please check if in the process of joining tracks (muxing) at the end of the video processing is the problem. Thank you.

Any response Atak_Snajpera?

Pratyatosa
28th September 2012, 21:02

Free Download & Tutorial: Batch/Multiple Subfolder Conversion of YouTube (or Any 2-Track) Video Files to MKV-AC3 (Dolby Digital) (http://llbest.com/?P=7j) lets ffmpeg decide what the target file's bitrate is. For example, if the source is MP4-192 kbps AAC audio, then it chooses MKV-192 kbps AC3 for the target file.

So, according to you, the author of ffmpeg doesn't know what he's doing, right?

Pratyatosa
28th September 2012, 21:10
+1. It's also interesting for people who want Director's Comments.

Asus O!Play media players cannot handle multiple audio tracks. Is there a stand-alone USB media player that can?

Atak_Snajpera
29th September 2012, 13:02
So, according to you, the author of ffmpeg doesn't know what he's doing, right?
Imagine that you have music encoded in HE-AAC@64kbps and for some reason you have to re-encode that file to MP3 format (older less efficient). What bitrate would you choose for MP3? 64kbps or 128kbps+?

Ryushin
29th September 2012, 14:59
If I try to play a file with AAC audio on my home theater system, I get nothing but silence, because the "ancient" receiver that I use can only decode AC3 and DTS. Therefore, my standard is 100% MKV with AC3 audio, even if it's only 2 channels.

Ancient or not, very, very, very, very few receivers can decode AAC. I spent better part of a day look at receivers and I only found a couple of very high end models that supported it. At that point, I switched all my encoded to AC3. Though for 2.0 sources, it's still AAC, and I'm hoping it will just stream PCM at that point.

73ChargerFan
29th September 2012, 16:28
Ancient or not, very, very, very, very few receivers can decode AAC. I spent better part of a day look at receivers and I only found a couple of very high end models that supported it.
Wait - lots of receivers have ipod / aac support (Pioneer VSX-522-K, $250) or are they limited to 2.0 sources?

Chetwood
29th September 2012, 20:12
Asus O!Play media players cannot handle multiple audio tracks. Is there a stand-alone USB media player that can?
Are you sure about this? I mean, it's been a while since I tested the O!Play but it's a Realtek player and they can handle multiple audio tracks, as do all WDTVs (Sigma chipset).

Pratyatosa
29th September 2012, 21:45
Are you sure about this? I mean, it's been a while since I tested the O!Play but it's a Realtek player and they can handle multiple audio tracks, as do all WDTVs (Sigma chipset).

I could be wrong.

In any case, I haven't been able to figure out a way to switch to the 2nd audio track. If there is a way to do it, that would be great.

burt123
30th September 2012, 02:35
I must be missing something, but I can't get the WakeOnLan function to work.

I have set the NIC to wake up, and I have added the appropriate MAC address to the encoder ini.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

GMJCZP
30th September 2012, 04:30
Originally Posted by GMJCZP View Post
Hello Atak_Snajpera:

General

Video

Audio

Any response Atak_Snajpera?

To the third time lucky?

Chetwood
30th September 2012, 06:27
In any case, I haven't been able to figure out a way to switch to the 2nd audio track.
Have you pressed the language key on the remote? The original model I tested isn't available anymore but the O!Play HD2's manual shows the button right above the navigation keys. Usually you can use this to cycle through all audio streams present in the file.

Atak_Snajpera
30th September 2012, 13:17
I must be missing something, but I can't get the WakeOnLan function to work.

I have set the NIC to wake up, and I have added the appropriate MAC address to the encoder ini.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

1) Wakeup On LAN works only for wifi -> LAN or LAN -> LAN. Obviously it won't work for LAN -> Wifi ;)

2) Your mainboard must support Wake up on lan (check bios settings)

3) more info about wake on lan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

Atak_Snajpera
30th September 2012, 13:21
To the third time lucky?

Ripbot264 always trims audio / video for the same duration.

BEFORE:
Video : 59s
Audio : 60s

AFTER:
Audio : 59s

soneca
30th September 2012, 15:41
I could be wrong.

In any case, I haven't been able to figure out a way to switch to the 2nd audio track. If there is a way to do it, that would be great.

Any decent media player is able to handle multiple audio a long time!
Normally also keep track dubbed in cartoons for the nephews, the WDTV and Dune read smoothly.

rsotome
30th September 2012, 17:47
Is anyone else having any problems with misplaced subs, when queuing up several encodes?

For instance, I'll queue up several movies/tv shows, etc, and sometimes the subs will be replaced with the subs from the next encode job, and sometimes vice versa, so in the end, some videos will have the wrong subs. I do check the settings before starting, and everything points to the right folder, but for some reason the subs will have been replaced.

It's not a consistent thing, but it does happen enough to be annoying.

If it helps, I only use .SRT & .ASS subs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pratyatosa
30th September 2012, 18:50
Have you pressed the language key on the remote? The original model I tested isn't available anymore but the O!Play HD2's manual shows the button right above the navigation keys. Usually you can use this to cycle through all audio streams present in the file.

I'll give it a try and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Pratyatosa
1st October 2012, 17:35

Bingo!

It was several months ago that I tried playing a video file with 2 audio tracks on my now discontinued Asus O!Play HDP-R1. I remember looking for an option on the menu, but I didn't think of the possibility that there might be a special key dedicated to the purpose. The icon on the key is very cryptic. I couldn't tell what it was supposed to represent until I already knew that it was the language button: the side of a head with a wave front coming from the mouth. It's on the very bottom of the remote.

I'm very grateful for your helpful hint, Chetwood.

Ryushin
1st October 2012, 19:12
Wait - lots of receivers have ipod / aac support (Pioneer VSX-522-K, $250) or are they limited to 2.0 sources?

In all probability, yes, it will be limited to 2.0 sources. Looking at the receiver you posted, it looks like it will decode music audio AAC through the USB, and probably only 2.0 channels. It says nothing about decoding AAC for any other source.

Ryushin
1st October 2012, 19:39
Hi Atak,

I seem to have a bit of a problem with the output of blu-ray sources that are 4x3. I have a few Criterion collection 4x3 sources that when they are muxed, the output is 16x9. This is also occurring with the recent release of Metropolis. Copping the selection by 240 left and right, and setting the size to 1440x1080 does not seem to produce the output as 4x3. It's still stretched to 16x9. Usually I have to use mkvmerge gui to remux it to get it to display 4x3 (and even then, there is still another line showing that the original display aspect ration is 16x9 according to the video section in mediainfo:

Video
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 2h 28mn
Bit rate : 7 164 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 25.0 Mbps
Width : 1 440 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.192
Stream size : 7.45 GiB (90%)
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / slices=4 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:1.00
Default : Yes
Forced : No

The last two versions of mkvmerge created a mkv file that my TV cannot play. I don't know why that is yet, but I will spend some time figuring it out. As of right now, the mkv output of Ripbot264 plays flawlessly though DLNA to my Samsung C8000 TV.

Atak_Snajpera
1st October 2012, 22:15
in mkvmerge you have to disable header striping.

1440x1080 is always 16:9 in hdtv. the same with 1280x1080 (LUXETE channel was using this weird resolution for 16:9 content)

for 4/3 sources you can just force --sar 1:1 in .cmd file

Ryushin
1st October 2012, 23:22

1440x1080 is always 16:9 in hdtv. the same with 1280x1080 (LUXETE channel was using this weird resolution for 16:9 content)

Thank you. After a hour or so of digging I found out about the header compression. I was finally able to use mkvmerge-gui to make a playable file again.

The command option --sar 1:1, would that be put in the MuxFiles.cmd?

Since 4x3 sources will be 1440x1080 in Blu-ray format, could I ask for a feature enhancement to force a certain aspect ratio or Anamorphic option in the GUI properties? I had no idea that someone would actually be doing a form of Anamorphic with HD content.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2012, 11:14
sar goes to x264 command line

empty1969
2nd October 2012, 22:57
Atak,

First off great program! I have requested this feature before and wanted to do so again.

Sometimes when encoding in batch mode, I will have errors with the muxing. Since the program over writes the audio and video portions, I lose all the work that has been done. I do try to keep checking when I am home, but the other weekend I left the computer doing about 40 blu-ray episodes and when I got home, only 3 had been saved.

What I was hoping for is a feature that will store the temp audio and video files in the job directory before starting the next job.

Say the final output file is Lost S01E01, it would add -audio and -video to the names and move them into the job directory.

Thanks for your consideration.

Empty

Pratyatosa
3rd October 2012, 20:29
Batch mode completely ignores the fact that MKV output is set as the default in the INI file.

Pratyatosa
3rd October 2012, 20:33
That batch mode could also handle multiple M2TS (Blu-ray) files.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2012, 20:38
bluray source requires user interaction so it cannot be added.

Pratyatosa
3rd October 2012, 21:25
bluray source requires user interaction so it cannot be added.

Suppose that I want to simply compress some of the "extras" on a Blu-ray disk. Therefore, I copy a number of smaller M2TS files to a separate folder. The way it is now, I have to "fool" RipBot264 by changing all of the M2TS containers to MKV containers using http://llbest.com/?P=7i (use http://llbest.com/?P=7i). Then batch mode works just fine, and I'm very grateful that you have added it.

But don't you think that having to do this time-consuming extra step is a little silly?

slalom
3rd October 2012, 21:41
I always use DVDfab to rip Blurays to mkv(s). I choose audio tracks and subs, so it's easier to handle

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2012, 21:45
simpler method to fool ripbot would be renaming .m2ts to .mts

Pratyatosa
3rd October 2012, 22:02

Thanks, Atak. I'll give it a try.

Pratyatosa
3rd October 2012, 22:25
I always use DVDfab to rip Blurays to mkv(s). I choose audio tracks and subs, so it's easier to handle

I prefer using AnyDVD to create ISO files. Then, in order to get the exact titles of the "extras," PowerDVD can play them exactly like the original Blu-ray disks.

Ryushin
4th October 2012, 15:06

--sar option worked wonderfully. I've added this to the profiles that I use. Re-ripping those movies that I had to band-aid so they are properly encoded.

Pratyatosa
4th October 2012, 21:00

The first one gets compressed/converted to MKV OK, but all of the others in the batch end up with no sound track. :-(

Atak_Snajpera
4th October 2012, 22:23
what type of audio was in working and not working file?

Pratyatosa
4th October 2012, 22:40
2 channel AC-3. (Blu-ray extras)

Pratyatosa
5th October 2012, 20:23
Batch mode completely ignores the fact that MKV output is set as the default in the INI file.

It also ignores an INI setting such as:

DefaultProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . Progressive

...and defaults to 10-bit instead.

What is the purpose of the 10-bit option?

Arbelisk
7th October 2012, 22:45
Hey Atak,

I had posted a few months ago about certain videos being corrupted when using Distributed Encoding. Well it seems to be doing it again. Except the corruption looks different now. Instead of the scene being slightly pixelated, the whole screen will go completely grey in color for 1 second. Usually only once in the whole movie. So far this has happened with Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows, and Wrath of the Titans.

Just let me know what you need to see what the problem is and I will send it. Thanks!

burt123
8th October 2012, 02:09
Hi Atak,

Would there be any chance of .mpg / .mpeg files being added to what Distributed Encoding can do ???, it does nearly everything else.

Maybe in the next update :)

Cheers

GMJCZP
8th October 2012, 13:04
Ripbot264 always trims audio / video for the same duration.

BEFORE:
Audio : 60s

AFTER:
Audio : 59s

So what? I have to wear forever Yamb to avoid cutting one second of audio? :(

slalom
8th October 2012, 15:06
There is no video there, why do you need the audio for?

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2012, 15:18
Hey Atak,

I had posted a few months ago about certain videos being corrupted when using Distributed Encoding. Well it seems to be doing it again. Except the corruption looks different now. Instead of the scene being slightly pixelated, the whole screen will go completely grey in color for 1 second. Usually only once in the whole movie. So far this has happened with Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows, and Wrath of the Titans.

Just let me know what you need to see what the problem is and I will send it. Thanks!

It seams that those movies were encoded in AVC according to uncle google. You will have to prepare sample where grey frames occur. This maybe difficult though if this does not happen at the begining of the movie.

First you will have to locate at what chunk (frame index) grey frames show up. Then you will have to cut out sample with mmg.exe from previous chunk to next not corrupted chunk.

Example:
Chunk (OK) -> 1000,1439
Chunk (Grey frames) -> 1440,2879
Chunk (OK) -> 2880,4318

So proper sample should start from frame 1000 and should end at frame 4318.

sreemv
8th October 2012, 19:51
How do I re-do a pass-1 encode for a specific chunk because I got an error like below suggesting my pass-1 was incomplete and so pass-2 keeps erroring out:

x264 [error]: 2nd pass has more frames than the 1st pass (14391 vs 6454)

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2012, 20:48
copy all good x.264 files to some safe location. also
copy combinechunks.cmd.

start again encoding from the very begining.

terminate encoding after preparing chunks message.

go to chunks folder and manually execute x.cmd

modify x.cmd ( replace --pass 1 with --pass 2 and --O NUL with --O C:/temp/ripbot264temp/jobx/chunks/x.264)

execute again modified x.cmd

now copy again all good x.264 and combinechunks.cmd to chunks folder.

execute now combinechunks.cmd and then jobx_muxfiles.cmd

useltonm
8th October 2012, 21:01
Is there a way to get around floating point errors from mediainfo.dll? I've got files I try to add to ripbot, but I get an error every time I do. I had been having the issue with the latest release of ripbot and tried a previous version which solved the errors for a couple files. I am now receiving errors on the older version of ripbot as well.

Suggestions?

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2012, 21:10
how do you know that it has something to do with mediainfo.dll?

useltonm
8th October 2012, 22:37
how do you know that it has something to do with mediainfo.dll?

Because the error says: Exception in EInvalidOP in module MediaInfo.dll at 0002DADB. Invalid floating point operation.

Atak_Snajpera
9th October 2012, 14:27
maybe updated mediainfo.dll will help http://mediaarea.net/download/binary/libmediainfo0/0.7.60/MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.60_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z

tmservo
10th October 2012, 01:04
Just updated versions.. and suddenly, I seemingly don't have the option to convert HD tracks to FLAC.. did this go away or is there something I need to change to put it back?

george84
11th October 2012, 03:32
Minor Error when more than 1 dot . in filename/extension

Example: input file has format "filename.ext1.ext2.ext3" then RipBot will generate as default output "filename ext1 ext2 ext3.mp4" so the dots get lost.

Even trying to select as output a file with many dots in name/extension doesn't work.

slalom
11th October 2012, 14:27
That's not an error, it's a feature ;)

Arbelisk
13th October 2012, 00:06
It seams that those movies were encoded in AVC according to uncle google. You will have to prepare sample where grey frames occur. This maybe difficult though if this does not happen at the begining of the movie.

First you will have to locate at what chunk (frame index) grey frames show up. Then you will have to cut out sample with mmg.exe from previous chunk to next not corrupted chunk.

Example:
Chunk (OK) -> 1000,1439
Chunk (Grey frames) -> 1440,2879
Chunk (OK) -> 2880,4318

So proper sample should start from frame 1000 and should end at frame 4318.

So I'll need to re-encode the movie first to get proper chunks, correct? Also, will this sample be from the original video.mkv or from the encoded video?

Atak_Snajpera
13th October 2012, 09:14
original video.mkv obviously.

Gabes
13th October 2012, 20:51
I am having a big trouble with any mkv file. It does not encode them. I have waited 10 hours and when it comes to mux it does nothing. I tested this on 1.6.5 and on 1.7.3 as well on different PC machines and windows (xp and win7). For a moment I thought its becouse of long name of video files but it have nothing to do with it.

Look at this sample and try to encode it by yourself or just spilt a mkv file from yours.

http://www.fileshare.ro/e28923382

Trayman
14th October 2012, 13:41
@Gabes I tried encoding the file in your link and had no trouble doing so.

//Trayman

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2012, 14:46
I am having a big trouble with any mkv file. It does not encode them. I have waited 10 hours and when it comes to mux it does nothing. I tested this on 1.6.5 and on 1.7.3 as well on different PC machines and windows (xp and win7). For a moment I thought its becouse of long name of video files but it have nothing to do with it.

Look at this sample and try to encode it by yourself or just spilt a mkv file from yours.

http://www.fileshare.ro/e28923382

works here without any problems

Zeruel
14th October 2012, 21:24
Been using ripbot with distrubuted encoding and have had the luck to be able to use 5 encoding servers..

Now something ive noticed when doing batch encodes of tv episodes that are around 20 min , is that when processing the first episode of the batch , it will split the load of a 20 min episode over 2 encoding servers while 3 servers are idle , and the 3 idle servers are not continueing with the next episode in the batch.

Is this a function that would be possible to implement in future version of ripbot? to avoid having any servers idle at any time.

something like ripbot would split the load of an episode or movie (regardless of runtime) over the numbers of encoding servers being used , that way no servers would be idle and waste uptime

Would be a great function if it was addes to you already great app :)

Thanks

Gabes
14th October 2012, 21:30
Thanks guys for support but I think i've just found the problem. If I rename it to any other name ('sample' or '1999') it works but if I let the original name it doens't. Please test this sample as well (without changing anything) http://www.fileshare.ro/e28926044

useltonm
15th October 2012, 00:53
maybe updated mediainfo.dll will help http://mediaarea.net/download/binary/libmediainfo0/0.7.60/MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.60_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z

I updated the mediainfo.dll and am still receiving the floating point error. I un/reinstalled everything and am still having the same issue. The strange thing is, it doesn't happen to every video file I attempt to add.

I'm using makemkv to rip my movies and then add them in. I've also tried using ripbot+anydvdhd to rip them. I've run into a couple discs that can't be ripped by either setup and I've run into a disc that can be ripped by one program, but not the other.

Do you have any other suggestions I might try?

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
15th October 2012, 10:26
@Zeruel
in 2-PASS mode encoding client uses 10 min chunks. smaller chunk would only reduce quality.

however in CQ MODE this problem does not exist so encoding client will use 1 min chunks.

@GABES
national characters are not supported.

@USELTONM
send me 1min sample of problematic .mkv

i will have to see if i can reproduce your issue.

Lehm
15th October 2012, 23:37
This might have been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Is it possible at all to do the demuxing/combining that happens when you first add a job to after you hit the start button?

slalom
16th October 2012, 08:26
Through batch mode, if you mean that

N1ghtjar
16th October 2012, 13:12
Some questions if anyone could help

When ripbot is set to ouput in AVCHD does it already take the overhead into account?

Does anyone know what the overhead is?

Im making myself DTS-MA BD25 AVCHD's so I calculate it by subtracting the lossless sound total in megabytes from the 23830 megabytes that ripbot shows and encode with no sound.
The issue is that sometime the result is ending with an oversize encode once the sound is muxed back in, any help would be great.

Lehm
18th October 2012, 13:12
Through batch mode, if you mean that

Ah. I had misunderstood how the batch mode worked. Interesting. Though it doesn't appear to have a way to specify you want to include subtitles and have to go back and add that manually. And everything gets named video.mp4/mkv.

useltonm
20th October 2012, 00:09
@Zeruel

@USELTONM
send me 1min sample of problematic .mkv

i will have to see if i can reproduce your issue.

Link for vid file: http://www.4shared.com/video/KpsfYaON/The_Patriot__1_-001.html

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
20th October 2012, 11:03
Use something less annoying like www.mediafire.com

kilik360
20th October 2012, 19:12
Thanks Atak_Snajpera for your great program, the Distributed Encoding is awesome! Do you plan supporting more input format like .TS with H264 (for distributed encoding)?
It's the format I use with my Hauppauge Colossus and my HTPC.

Keep up the great work

useltonm
20th October 2012, 20:56
Use something less annoying like www.mediafire.com

How about if I pm you a dropbox or google drive link?

Atak_Snajpera
20th October 2012, 21:18
why not...

useltonm
20th October 2012, 22:34
why not...

NM, got myself yet another cloud storage site.

http://www.mediafire.com/?338otlnlo6lxl66

burt123
21st October 2012, 03:02
Thanks Atak_Snajpera for your great program, the Distributed Encoding is awesome! Do you plan supporting more input format like .TS with H264 (for distributed encoding)?
It's the format I use with my Hauppauge Colossus and my HTPC.

Keep up the great work

And .mpg's.....PLS :D

Atak_Snajpera
21st October 2012, 14:10
NM, got myself yet another cloud storage site.

http://www.mediafire.com/?338otlnlo6lxl66

use this older mediainfo.dll (http://www.mediafire.com/?35lheyk0j8w2znf)

useltonm
22nd October 2012, 01:34
use this older mediainfo.dll (http://www.mediafire.com/?35lheyk0j8w2znf)

That worked. Thanks! What was the problem with the newer version?

Atak_Snajpera
22nd October 2012, 10:22
i'm waiting for response from author...

kilik360
24th October 2012, 12:53
Hi Atak, I did a "DE" from an original blu-ray and the final file is corrupt at the same place where the chunks are. For example if I use CQ, I'll get a "drop" exactly at every minutes in my final file. If I use 2-pass I get the drop every 10 minutes. Did the test with MKV and AVCHD.

thanks

Atak_Snajpera
24th October 2012, 17:17
1. open video.mkv from temp folder in mmg.exe

2. cut out first 3 min

3. send sample to www.mediafire.com

kilik360
24th October 2012, 19:18
PM sent

Gabes
26th October 2012, 18:50
I'm getting this:

http://i.imgur.com/n2vqc.png

On this:

http://www.filehost.ro/28951178/Sweet_mkv/

Atak_Snajpera
26th October 2012, 19:18
works here again

UPDATE:
This file has incorrect resolution 1274x...
1274 is not mod 4 !

poolshark2014
27th October 2012, 08:28
What i'd like to see is the ability to select custom size without it having to be 2 pass. Single pass custom lock size would be nice.

AiDz0r
29th October 2012, 07:59
Could there be like filesize indicator? Just say I'm attempting to render 1 hour video, and using CRF=14, at the bottom while rendering next to eta=, could there be like size information, that shows the output size approximately?

flebber
29th October 2012, 10:09
Could there be like filesize indicator? Just say I'm attempting to render 1 hour video, and using CRF=14, at the bottom while rendering next to eta=, could there be like size information, that shows the output size approximately?

No but that's because it doesn't know the complexity of the film and bits required in advance. Doesn't matter though just use 2 pass mode and set the final output size.

ttringle
1st November 2012, 13:38
Atak,

Forgive if this has been asked before, but is the copy stream supposed to just copy over the original audio stream?

I have done a few encodes and it always seems to be downmixing or reencoding the audio from DTS-MA etc.

I really want to keep the original audio whereever possible, if you say to use certain settings and it will sound the same Ill believe you, but so far it has not or I'm doing something wrong.

FWIW I am going from my Blu-Ray discs > MKV which is played through XBMC to my Sony 7.1 receiver, which can decode all the major audio standards and is connected to my HTPC via HDMI.

Great product and thanks for any help you can provide, if the answer is here in the forums feel free to tell me to search and I will.

:)

TimT

ttringle
1st November 2012, 13:44
Atak, I now see the error of my ways as I did not know that MKV does not support certain audio formats. Guess ill have to do some tests to determine the best audio to use for maintaining all the channels with MKV files.

Thanks.

Pitbull_Raven
2nd November 2012, 09:16
So I've noticed that the app makes more chunks in CQ mode and less in 2-pass. I guess this is because it needs something to analyze in 2-pass. But Is there any way I can "force" the creation of more chunks in 2 pass?

Atak_Snajpera
2nd November 2012, 10:41
smaller chunks for 2pass mode will only reduce quality because bitrate distribution will be too flatten. vbr will become more like cbr. basically this means that high motion scenes and static less detailed scenes will get moreorless the save amount of bits. 10 min chunks is just a compromise.

ttringle
2nd November 2012, 12:25
Atak,

I know that most sites claim that HD Audio streams such as DTS MA-HD and TRUEHD cant be placed into an MKV container. Yet BD Rebuilder creates MKV files while leaving the audio intact.

Is there a chance down the road you will add an option at the first stage to copy stream or better yet an intact audio option as JDobbs has?

Better yet why do we even have to make those choices Pre demux anyway? I would think that adding the title would provide all the elementary streams and then on the next page you could choose all the options for output. As it stands now if you make any mistake on the first page you have to sit through the entire Demux again.

If i am missing something or am totally wrong please feel free to point out my mistake, as I'm sure I'll learn something from it.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd November 2012, 17:55
v1.17.4 (Unfinished)
Added: OPUS AUDIO CODEC (at 64kbps quality better than FhG HE-AAC!)
Added: Automatic Upmix Mono to Stereo (reason: FhG AAC does not support mono)
Added: EncodingClient will now automatically share Ripbot264temp folder
Added: Progress indicator while combining chunks
Added: AC3 192kbps,224kbps,256kbps profiles to mkv container
Added: Option in RipBot264.ini for tweaking sharpening strength after resizing
Fixed: Hanging on some AAC files during 'Gathering information' stage
Changed: Vorbis codec removed (Reason: OPUS offers better quality than Vorbis)
Updated: BassAudio 2.4, FFmpeg 2012-10-29, MediaInfo 0.7.61, MKVToolnix 5.8.0, x264 r2216

NOT WORKING:
Muxing .opus files to matroska container does not work because matroska team has not figured out yet how to support properly new audio format in .mkv

TODO:
Add LossyWAV preprocessor for FLAC files

http://www.mediafire.com/?qjnlcueeuiutlfe

soneca
2nd November 2012, 21:05
Atak,

Thank you for the new version, especially for it.:)

Added: Option in RipBot264.ini for tweaking sharpening strength after resizing:D

soneca
2nd November 2012, 22:12
So we can not test the Opus codec, since it is not supported by Matroska and mp4 containers.:confused:

If you want to change the output format by clicking save as mp4 the selected profile is changed to "[HI10 x.x] HD . PC ONLY . 10bit"

Atak_Snajpera
2nd November 2012, 22:21
we will have to wait for matroska v4 spec. maybe in next year...

soneca
3rd November 2012, 15:49
Atak,

You got to check this little bug?

If you want to change the output format by clicking save as mp4 the selected profile is changed to "[HI10 x.x] HD . PC ONLY . 10bit"

Atak_Snajpera
3rd November 2012, 17:39
I can not reproduce.

soneca
3rd November 2012, 18:02
I do not know if you have influence but what use is this output and profile.
DefaultContainer=mkv
DefaultProfile=Slower, No Dct, AQ, Film
If i change to mp4 profile is automatically switched to [HI10 x.x] HD . PC ONLY . 10bit, which does not happen(correctly) when the output is changed to AVCHD.

soneca
3rd November 2012, 20:31
Even without changing anything, all in default, this problem remains.

ibobak
4th November 2012, 08:11
Dear Atak,

I used ripbot 1.17.2 and 1.17.3 - in both versions I get the same error:

---------------------------
Application Error
Exception EOutOfResources in module RipBot264.exe at 0004CBCC.
RichEdit line insertion error.
OK

see attachment. My OS is Windows 7 x64, I am logged under a user who is in administrators group.

I do the following: I add many mts files which are in different folders (path to them look like this D:\Pictures\_Pics_2012\2012-01-10\mts\20120110231512.MTS - they are groupped by dates) and then I set up following conversion parameters:
profile 4.0
2 pass 6000 kbps
resize to 1280*720
deinterlace tff 50
audio - xcopy
output mkv to D:\Pictures\_Pics_2012\_mkv\

As I see in C:\temp\RipBot264temp\jobs.list
the last line is [Job84] 20120122230840.MTS -> 20120122230840.mkv

but there are 85 folders - the last one is job85. So, most probably the last one has problems. The files in job85 folders are not all - there are just 6 of them:

11/04/2012 01:18 AM 1,689,856 2_audio_Undetermined.ac3
11/04/2012 01:18 AM 707 demuxlog.txt
11/04/2012 01:18 AM 407 job85.avs
11/04/2012 01:18 AM 245 TSExtract.cmd
11/04/2012 01:18 AM 168 TSgetinfo.cmd
11/04/2012 01:18 AM 431 tsinfo.txt

I see no files with more details about any exceptions neither in the job85 folder, nor in the ripbot folder.

I am sure on 100% that this is an interface bug with RichEdit control where you adding some data which it doesn't expect.

I want to help you reproduce the problem. You may send to my email (ibobak at gmail dot com) the "debug" version which will output some additional log files with traces, exceptions, etc.

slalom
4th November 2012, 08:57
check your free space

ibobak
4th November 2012, 09:30
check your free space
this is not the case: I have 50 GB of free space on disk c and same amount on disk d.

besides, the application doesn't stop working on this error. it asks me "do you want to stop conversion?" (something like that). No matter if I press yes or no, it CONTINUES its work and converts all the files except the one on which the problem was.

ibobak
4th November 2012, 09:32
moreover, when it finishes its work, I remove all jobs, add that mts file (that it crashed on it previous time), start conversion again - AND IT WORKS.

So, the problem is not in the file. The problem is Delphi bug or wrong usage of RichEdit.

I am a programmer. If author gives me the sources, I can debug for him and help him fix it. OR, alternatively, give me the version which ourputs a trace to a file.

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2012, 13:39
@Nukey
Sorry but i'm not going to support "Tiles 8" OS.

@ibobak
can you verify that this also happens for different file types? (85 avis , 85 mkv , 85 mp4 and so on...)

DTS-HD MSTR
4th November 2012, 13:40
EDIT: I have just installed a newer FFDShow - version 4488, dated 2012-10-09, hoping this may help with the issue :)
Nukey
Can you confirm that FFDShow - version 4488 is really needed for the preview?

Nukey
4th November 2012, 14:03
Hi there.

I have started the encoding off now, and again avs2yuv has crashed at 18.7% on the first pass (it's a different progress each time). I don't believe this to be an issue with RipBot264 itself, but potentially an issue between avs2yuv and the C++ runtime library. Given the fact that the runtime is the same dll regardless of the OS, I am hedging my bets that AVS2YUV is calling on a particular function that is not recognised through some compatibility issue with Windows 8. Either way, Windows 8 is officially released and people have started upgrading already :)

Also, thanks for the response, Atak. I waited 5 days to be able to post, only to receive an abrupt response from you. I'm sorry if I said something wrong, but maybe a small point in the right direction may have helped :) I even provided all the information I could. Hopefully someone a little more helpful may be able to lend a hand :)

Regards, Nukey

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2012, 14:12
Whenever I see random crashes I think about CPU/Memory lack of stability. See first post.

Nukey
4th November 2012, 14:31
Hi again,

I have been using Windows 7 to encode over a thousand videos with for over a year, sometimes with up to two weeks uptime before a restart, and have never had stability issues. I will have a hunt around and see if I can find an updated version of avs2yuv.

Nukey.

ibobak
4th November 2012, 15:56
@ibobak
can you verify that this also happens for different file types? (85 avis , 85 mkv , 85 mp4 and so on...)
I will do it after I will encode all these mts files.
But I don't think I have so much avi's.

if you could give me a version which dumps debug info between every line of code with variable values, etc, and which does

try{
dump variables;
some action(variables);
line_number = 1;
dump more variables;
another_action(variables);
line_number = 2;
}
catch{
dump into a file the line_number
}

- then I would be able to give you all the dump when it crashes next time.

I don't believe the problem is in avi or in mts or in file format. As we can see from exception, it tells "RichEdit line insertion error."

If we google it, we'll find this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10474883/why-am-i-getting-richedit-line-insertion-error-when-i-call-delete-in-onchange-ev

I was programming on Delphi long ago (I am C# developer for past 10 years), so I don't remember those technical details. But it seems as it is related to some control's problem.

Atak_Snajpera
4th November 2012, 16:00
i know it has nothing to do with files but it would help me to track down the specific part of code.

soneca
5th November 2012, 18:32
Atak,

Reading about LossyWav this reducing the bitrate is quite considerable but becomes a lossy process.
Will deliver within RipBot264 presets used by LossyWav and also the option to turn off this preprocessing?

Atak_Snajpera
5th November 2012, 19:50
i will add new switch in .ini . do not worry.

soneca
5th November 2012, 21:26
Ok! :thanks:

Marsu42
6th November 2012, 09:34
I just tried RipBot and like it, just two questions:

1. I'd like to use a custom deinterlacer (qtgmc). I can edit the avisynth script in single file mode and it works just fine, but in batch mode only the stock deinterlacing options are available (tff/.../ivtc). Is it possible to add a custom script part to this list like the x264 get pulled from the profile subdirectory? If not, more customizations on the avisynth scripts snippets would be nice.

2. Is it possible to make RipBot recognize & run with x64 Java? (Sorry if this has been answered before, I could only find the question but not the answer)

Disclaimer: Yes, I do understand x64 doesn't double the speed and that the plugins aren't available in x64 yadayadayada, but it is a hassle to update both x86 and x64 Java all the time so I managed to make every Java program (like Azureus) to use the x64 vm. Since it's just the vm this really shouldn't be a problem w/ RipBot, too?

3. Bug report: On multiple mp4 files import after "Please wait... gathering information..." I'm also getting the error "Exception EConvertError in module RipBot264.exe at 0000949A. " is not a valid floating point value."

crakarjax
8th November 2012, 13:15
My workflow is like this:

Windows Movie Maker (wmv) --> Ripbot (mkv) --> mkvmerg (add chapters)

Is there currently a way to add chapters while authoring the mkv in ripbot? I know Ripbot utilizes mkvmerge, and I think the ability to add chapters along with subtitles would be a nice addition, and I imagine it would also be fairly easy to implement.

I hadn't used ripbot in a while and just grabbed the latest version. Looking good! It's nice when developers continue to improve their work. Keep it up!

Atak_Snajpera
8th November 2012, 15:43
Before clicking DONE button copy Chapters.txt to C:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\Jobx folder

tp546
9th November 2012, 17:23
Before clicking DONE button copy Chapters.txt to C:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\Jobx folder

I will give that a try. I also use MKVmerge to grab the HD audio (DTS-MA or TrueHD) after ripping with Makemkv and I merge the video I created with ripbot with the HD audio from Makemkv - is there a way I can cut this step out? Whenever I select the checkbox for the core, it isn't the same track. I'm guessing there is a way to do this and I just don't have a full understanding so if that's the case, can someone please help me out? I need untouched HD audio. Thanks!

Pitbull_Raven
11th November 2012, 11:30
Hey all.

First, I'd like to thank Atak_Snajpera for his great contribution to the community. Your tool is a godsend and probably one of the best thing to happen to the video community since the appearance of DIVX. Also, the fact that you have kept it free is fantastic and in my opinion has made you something of a god in my eyes. So even though I know it's not worth anything, I'd like you to know I really appreciate your work. I thank you. And I am pretty sure there are countless others out there that thank you too.

That said, the reason I am here. Lately, I discovered the advantages and wonders of distributed encoding :D
My main work machine is my notebook:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM @ 1.60GHz; Clarksfield 45nm Technology
RAM: 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. N61Jq (Socket 989)
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives: 466GB Seagate ST9500325AS (SATA)
Optical Drives: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ890AS; MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Second PC, is a fixed PC:

Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz; Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM: 3,00 GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard: ABIT FP-IN9 SLI(C55-MCP51) (Socket 775)
Graphics: 512MB GeForce 9600 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives: 1397GB SAMSUNG HD154UI SCSI Disk Device (RAID); 298GB NVIDIA STRIPE 298.10G (RAID)
Optical Drives: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252B ATA Device; PHILIPS SPD6000L1 ATA Device; MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Pretty unimpressive, I know. My notebook, not much I can do to change it. I have to keep thing like they are software wise because of compatibility issues with other software I use.
The second PC, well it's just lying there and I don't use it for much lately, so I want to rededicate it and make it a dedicated encoder. A encoding server. The notebook will run as client and master. My question is, in terms of software, what should I do? How can I squeeze the most out of it? What op sys would you recommend? Win7? XP? Barebones? Nothing on it except RipBot? I'd really love to hear from ppl that have been through this process before.
Thanks in advance for any and all help and answers. I'd even appreciate it if you could point me to a post where this has been covered before (my search results didn't turn up anything too useful, maybe because I wasn't using the correct search terms).

:thanks:

slalom
11th November 2012, 13:06
Just run Ripbtot264 on the second PC

Atak_Snajpera
11th November 2012, 13:16
just run EncodingServer.exe on other machine. Simple. Also make sure that you have 1.17.4 (unfinished) version. Any OS should be ok. However i haven't tested on Tiles 8 OS yet.

Pitbull_Raven
11th November 2012, 13:49
just run EncodingServer.exe on other machine. Simple. Also make sure that you have 1.17.4 (unfinished) version. Any OS should be ok. However i haven't tested on Tiles 8 OS yet.

Tiles 8. LOL! That's a good one. I think I'll adopt that name from now on for the OS :)

While I'm at it, I'd like to ask if anyone has any idea why some DVD's sit there for over 3 hours saying that it's indexing video stream? I have to abort most of them. Trying to convert my DVDs to MP4 so I can stream over my network to my networked and portable devices.

Atak_Snajpera
11th November 2012, 14:18
make sure that dvd is correctly decrypted.

Pitbull_Raven
11th November 2012, 14:20
make sure that dvd is correctly decrypted.

Ahhhh, yes. That might explain it :p
Thanks!

nekrosoft13
11th November 2012, 17:20
anyone having any trouble running ripbot on server 2012 (windows 8 based)?

Dahitman
12th November 2012, 15:15
I'm sorry if this was already answered, but browsing through nearly 600 pages is a bit tiring >.<
Anyway, I started having an issue with Ripbot, where after the encoding was done, the file wouldn't show up on the destination(output) folder. I tried to change the output folder many times but it didn't work. I also tried to shorten the file's name, running it as Admin, refreshing the folder, rebooting after the encode but nothing worked. (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, RipBot264v1.17.0 (8Bits)).

Atak_Snajpera
12th November 2012, 16:39
see logs in Log folder. I suspect that you used national characters in filename.

Dahitman
12th November 2012, 17:54
see logs in Log folder. I suspect that you used national characters in filename.

Ok, I'll encode it once again and read the logs, I doubt I'll understand anything but I don't I'll paste it here via pastebin.

Also, the file I'm trying to encode has no national characters, assuming you're talking about accents such as or , so no I'm not using those. The file's name is also pretty small.

EDIT: Yeah, not sure of what I'm reading >.< , here: http://pastebin.com/fbZFYJxG

Atak_Snajpera
12th November 2012, 18:29
Chapters.txt is wrong
Error: Simple chapter parser: 'CHAPTER02NAME=A CHAPTER03=00:09:18.016' is not a CHAPTERxx=... line.

remove that file before starting encoding

Dahitman
12th November 2012, 18:57
Chapters.txt is wrong
Error: Simple chapter parser: 'CHAPTER02NAME=A CHAPTER03=00:09:18.016' is not a CHAPTERxx=... line.

remove that file before starting encoding

Where and how do I do it?

Here? C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt

EDIT: It fixed it, thanks! But how do I permanently fix this issue?

Ryushin
15th November 2012, 15:09
Feature Request:

Would it be possible to add an option in the Encoding Clients ini file to start the Encoding Client Window minimized instead of active on the desktop. Some mornings I come downstairs and the cat walked on the keyboard which changes Servers 1 IP address.

Atak, thanks again for such a great program. You have singled handedly allowed me to convert my 1000 blu-ray collection to files in the best possible time with the best possible quality. You have always been supportive and extremely knowledgeable about all your tools and software. It has been very appreciated as I feel my files have come out the best they can be at this point. Kudos and two thumbs up.

Atak_Snajpera
15th November 2012, 18:17
wouldn't be easier to just lock desktop (win + L)

Ryushin
16th November 2012, 22:54
wouldn't be easier to just lock desktop (win + L)

Technically, yes. However, the wife (or the cats) do not like having to enter a password to unlock it. :rolleyes:

george84
17th November 2012, 14:21
I have a avi video with a frame rate of 0.04fps. In RipBot264 Video Properties I define Output Speed "Assume ->25 FPS" which results in a Video Duration of 0:1:15.6.
When I add an Audio file which is originally over 3 minutes long, then RipBot264 will reduce its length to 344ms.

RipBot264 clearly uses the speed defined for video in Audio processing too.

This doesn't make sense, because output speed is just a property of video. This way it will never be possible to correctly mix an audio with video.

Atak_Snajpera
17th November 2012, 20:47
add
.assumefps(25.0) or .convertfps(25.0)
after
.converttoyv12()

in script

george84
18th November 2012, 18:39
add
.assumefps(25.0) or .convertfps(25.0)
after
.converttoyv12()

in script

Thank you for this answer. With this hint I was able to circumvent the problem. But it is a little cumbersome having to edit the script. I really think you should consider using the same default as avisynth, which is NOT to change the audiorate in AssumeFPS.
Just to be precise there are 2 solutions to problem. My script, if Output Speed specified, looks like this:

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("F:\Photo\TimeLapse\2011-07-19\TimeLapse_2011_0719_0747.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Kevin\Eigene Dateien\Downloads\RipBot264v1.17.3\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicMPG123Source("C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Kevin\Eigene Dateien\SMIL\BSG21\testsuite\media\pitx-adeste_fideles_5.mp3")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo
video=AssumeFPS(video,"pal_video")
audio=TimeStretch(audio,tempo=25/1.000/0.04*100)

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength
Trim(0,0)

#ColorSpace

So Solution 1 is: specify Output Speed and delete the line "...TimeStretch...".

Solution2: Your proposal was not to use OutputSpeed and insert AssumeFPS manually.

Atak_Snajpera
18th November 2012, 18:55
Think about 25 fps -> 23.976 fps conversion.

george84
18th November 2012, 19:50
Think about 25 fps -> 23.976 fps conversion.

A good point.

Pimp Shanti
20th November 2012, 12:56
Hi Atak,

I contacted you via YouTube whilst waiting for my doom9 account to become active. Any progress/update/thoughts on implementing ProRes and DNxHD input? Both of these professional intermediate formats are readable by ffmpeg although I'm not sure what role that plays in your software. Would be amazing to make your software available to video editors who encode for the web, such as myself... I haven't found another bit of software that looks as promising as yours.

Many thanks

Atak_Snajpera
20th November 2012, 15:37
I was wondering if you could swap ProRes/DNxHD with AVC-Intra. I will describe my workflow on Windows 7.
1) first i've installed x264 VFW codec
2) in Sony Vegas I configured x264 codec to encode only in intra mode (example : --preset superfast --tune fastdecode --keyint 1 --bitrate xxxxxx)
3) my destination container is .avi

once .avi is created it can be used in DE mode.

I suppose you can do the same on mac. Just install x264 codec and then select .mp4 as output container.

Wishbringer
20th November 2012, 18:06
Found an issue with Windows8.
When creating storage spaces in Win8 and setting temp dir of Ripbot to one of that spaces, demuxing stalls at some early percent.
Doesn't appear with normal drives and volumes, only with new Win8 feature.
(created a space with three disks and parity option = raid5)

Hobbe
22nd November 2012, 09:45
I'm trying to encode my Futurama dvd's but on season six I get audio out of sync.. tried both copy and encode audio same result.. Vidcoder encodes correctly.
Link to a 1 min sample file: http://sdrv.ms/UYwuuk

Queiroz
23rd November 2012, 22:16
Hello, Atak_Snajpera.

Do you know if it will be possible to use the RipBot with Windows 8 x64 ?? I really want to use it but it doesn't work :(

Thank you for your awesome work.

Wish you and you family a very happy Thanksgiving
Kind Regards,
Queiroz

WebMan
23rd November 2012, 22:24
Do you know if it will be possible to use the RipBot with Windows 8 x64 ?? I really want to use it but it doesn't work :(
Queiroz

It works perfect in Windows 8 Pro x64... ;)

Atak_Snajpera
24th November 2012, 11:24
i love when users just say 'it does not work' . what am i suppose to do now. go to fortune teller to solve this mistery?

billspice
25th November 2012, 03:33
Hi Atak,
i love ripbot but i have still not figured out the subtitle problem i always encounter, so maybe im doing something wrong here, and if i am maybe someone can set me straight?

this seems to happen on all rips i seem to do, the subs when displayed end up half way up the screen, a temporary fix for this is to rip the film, with out adding any cropping, which sort of makes it a bit useless really, as the automatic cropping feature of ripbot is fantastic, by the way i never resize the rips i make its a straight blu ray image to 1080 untouched, size wise rip

here are some screen shot of this problem, (ive cropped the black bars slightly in paint so its actually worse than it looks!)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/ceet12/subtitlesproblem.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/ceet12/subtitlesproblem2.jpg

as you can see the subs are placed very high up in the picture of both films more so in the harry brown example

if anyone can suggest any help or advice, id like to be able to crop the films automatically with ripbot, and have the subs appear lower like they do on the actual bluray/dvd disc movie itself, like there supposed to.

those screen shots were only taken on a pc, so you can imagine how high up they look on a 42 inch tv!

its seems strange as previous versions of ripbot didnt seems to be as bad as this for this problem, well for me anyway

any help would be appreciated!

Atak_Snajpera
25th November 2012, 10:47
how do you add subtitles ?

Ryushin
25th November 2012, 15:13
Hi Atak,
i love ripbot but i have still not figured out the subtitle problem i always encounter, so maybe im doing something wrong here, and if i am maybe someone can set me straight?

this seems to happen on all rips i seem to do, the subs when displayed end up half way up the screen, a temporary fix for this is to rip the film, with out adding any cropping, which sort of makes it a bit useless really, as the automatic cropping feature of ripbot is fantastic, by the way i never resize the rips i make its a straight blu ray image to 1080 untouched, size wise rip

here are some screen shot of this problem, (ive cropped the black bars slightly in paint so its actually worse than it looks!)

as you can see the subs are placed very high up in the picture of both films more so in the harry brown example

if anyone can suggest any help or advice, id like to be able to crop the films automatically with ripbot, and have the subs appear lower like they do on the actual bluray/dvd disc movie itself, like there supposed to.

those screen shots were only taken on a pc, so you can imagine how high up they look on a 42 inch tv!

its seems strange as previous versions of ripbot didnt seems to be as bad as this for this problem, well for me anyway

any help would be appreciated!

I have a lot of JapaneseChinese films that I burn the subtitles in. I also do no like the way the the makers of the DVD/Blu-ray end up putting the subtitles on the picture. There is no way to "fix" the subtitles by using Ripbot. Ripbot is just putting placing the subtitles where the subtitles tells it to put them. Ripbot cannot change this as the subtitles are just bitmapped images.

However, I have worked out a solution that I've been doing when I encode my movies. It's a several step solution and I've been very pleased with the results.

If you are using the subtitles directly from Blu-ray or DVD, you need to extract them, OCR, them, and convert them into a .ass file. There are many advantages in doing it this way. You have absolute control of the subtitle now and can manipulate them in any way you see fit. Size, position, color, font used, etc.

Steps:

* Use SubExtractor to convert the Blu-ray/DVD .sup/.sub subtitles to .ass (and srt just to have it). This will OCR the bitmapped subtitles into text.
http://subextractor.codeplex.com/

* Use Aegisub to modify the .ass file to your hearts content. I also spell check the subtitles from here as well.
http://www.aegisub.org/

I'm pretty much a perfectionist when it comes to putting the subtitles into the film. In fact, I've found I'd rather not crop the video but actually put the subtitle in the black bars itself and not have them lay on the movie whatsoever. I can also make them smaller as I find some movies' subtitles far too large.

Example of before and after:
Original Subtitles:
http://www.chrisdos.com/Example_Original.jpg

Modified Subtitles:
http://www.chrisdos.com/Example_Modified.jpg

I can actually get two lines of text in the uncropped black area without it overlapping the movie. It's quite a bit more time consuming but the results are worth it.

billspice
25th November 2012, 22:57
how do you add subtitles ?

Hi atak, i add subtitles once adding the movie, this is different from using burned in for foreign speaking parts

so basically i just add subtitles the standard way i add the bluray stream let ripbot demux etc and then usually rip to mkv use xx copy stream for audio, and the i varie from cq setting 16-20 using hd progressive 4.0 and 4.1 profile

then i just click selectable subtitles choose English and press ok and that it, the subs are than added to the output mkv.

but are always extremly high up in the film, when automatic cropping is selected in properties

the source is never resized, just cropping is set to automatic.

@ryushin
Hello thanks for your reply

There is no way to "fix" the subtitles by using Ripbot. Ripbot is just putting placing the subtitles where the subtitles tells it to put them. Ripbot cannot change this as the subtitles are just bitmapped images.

i dont no whether i made myself clear so i appolgise, there is usually nothing wrong with the source bluray subtitles, if i watch the bluray back on the pc or on my ps3/bluray player on the tv the subtitles are placed low down at the bottom of the film, (well in this case a lot lot lower than my rips made with ripbot)

so what your saying isnt the case it my instance because the subtitles are appearing significatnly higher on my rips made with ripbot, than what they do when they are played back when viewing them on the actual bluray disc. so ripbot is doing something to make them appear higher? that what im trying to find out.

looking at your original subtitles picture looks so much better than mine, becasue my rips the subs appear to high in the movie, so something isnt working right for me, whether im doing something wrong i dont no

thanks for the advice regarding the ocr subs and programs im going to look into that and download the apps and read up on it, as well,

butr hopefully first i can get to the bottom of this

regards

slalom
25th November 2012, 23:29
the source is never resized, just cropping is set to automatic.
But you HAVE to resize to 1920/1080 or 1920/800 or whichever is suitable

There is no point in cropping if you don't resize

billspice
26th November 2012, 00:22
But you HAVE to resize to 1920/1080 or 1920/800 or whichever is suitable

There is no point in cropping if you don't resize

maybe thats were im going wrong?

but if i have a bluray image and i want to make an exact 1080 rip i dont want to resize i want to leave it the same as source, isnt cropping also used as reducing black bars? or am i mistaken here?

EDIT: WHEN I RIPPED harry brown i did it twice once with cropping set to automatic and one with no cropping both without resizing, the video left untouched.

accroding to mediainfo the results of both sizes are, size with cropping = 1920x804, size without cropping = 1920x1080

so clearly cropping is doing something here and this is without resizing and just selecting cropping to automatic, so what your saying doesnt add up, or im way of mark here.

a few guides ive followed on the new have stated this way?

one of many again states the cropping can just be used to remove the black bars without the resizing being touched

http://www.scribd.com/doc/92970322/RipBot-Guide

again i could be wrong here, because when the cropping is left alone, the subs do appear lower

any help greatly appreciated ATAK

Trayman
26th November 2012, 06:15
@billspice Either you do as Ruyshin suggest or you don't crop the video. You can crop and resize to 1080p but that would stretch the image so it would look like crap.
I usually don't touch the video when using subs.

Good luck,

//Trayman

Atak_Snajpera
26th November 2012, 10:59
the problem is in fact in how your video player renders bitmap based subtitles.

you have 1920x804 video but subtitles are still in 1920x1080.

it looks like subtitle renderer in video player first puts subs on video area starting from bottom edge and then sends procesed image to the screen.

DTS-HD MSTR
26th November 2012, 17:31
Hi Atak_Snajpera,

I get this error message in job1_preview.avs.

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,720).Sharpen() <- Sharpen 0.2 missing?

Version: RipBot264 v.1.17.4 - Preview

Video Source: High@L4.1 1280x718p @ 4,008 Mbps & 23,976 FPS

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1819/92858858.png

Atak_Snajpera
26th November 2012, 18:53
add this to ripbot264.ini

SharpeningStrength=0.2

DTS-HD MSTR
26th November 2012, 20:55
add this to ripbot264.ini

SharpeningStrength=0.2

Very nice it works now!:D

zazon
27th November 2012, 03:00
I've been using RipBot for a few years now, mostly it's worked well, but lately I've been having trouble with it. I've been using DVDFab Blu-ray ripper to rip Blu-rays, which I've used many times before, to rip the .m2ts file. I've gotten it work a couple times, but mostly when I put the .m2ts file into RipBot, it tells me there no audio. When I play the .m2ts file in Media Player Classic or VLC, the audio is there, though a bit jerky. I don't know if it's ripping software or RipBot that's the problem. The few times I did get it to work, it kept telling me MSVCP71.DLL was not installed, it was. I've been doing this for a while and don't know why it no longer works or how to fix it. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks for any help.

Atak_Snajpera
27th November 2012, 15:54
have you tried AnyDVD HD instead of DVDFab Blu-ray ripper?

soneca
27th November 2012, 16:28
Normally I use AnyDVD HD and DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper(main movie only) without problems.

slalom
27th November 2012, 18:37
Try mkvmerge to extract the mkv. Always works for me when others don't.

R=G
27th November 2012, 19:29
What's the best DVD ripping software to use with it? I usually just use DVD Shrink or DVD Fab. Never had any audio synch issues but I could of swore there was a slight buffering aspect to an output using VLC a few times.

slalom
27th November 2012, 20:06
Update DVD Fab

bugmen0t
2nd December 2012, 15:56
Maybe I'm missing something, but there's no profile for PS3. Help?

Atak_Snajpera
2nd December 2012, 15:58
HD . progressive 4.0

bugmen0t
2nd December 2012, 16:03
That was fast, thanks :)

You might wanna make it available in the main topic (or in a readme or something).
Also, why does it run as administrator?

Atak_Snajpera
2nd December 2012, 16:14
Because I don't like installers?
Because without admin right rb could not set ffdshow as prefered directshow decoder and so on...
It also checks if whole decoding chain is properly set. extension -> Splitter (haali) -> Decoder (ffdshow)

kartola
2nd December 2012, 16:23
Hi, i try to use ripbot to encode premiere edited video, exported with debugmode frameserver.
It works, but i can't use distributed encoding!
The frameserver create a AVI file, why distributed encoding doesn't work?
Tell me which informations do you need...

Atak_Snajpera
2nd December 2012, 16:31
frameserved .avi is just a fake file. (something like .avs). DE mode needs real file!

kartola
2nd December 2012, 16:33
So there is no way for me to use distributed encoding... :(

Pulp Catalyst
2nd December 2012, 20:31
DVDFab has been a bit of hit and miss lately, i too have noticed a few issues regarding ripping blurays..... hopefully they'll get there act together, i've switched over now to AnyDVD HD fulltime for a while, every 3/10 on DVDFab was not working right, AnyDVD HD, 10/10 (i just use a HD Stream extractor after AnyDVD hd has done it's thing)

i do miss DVDFab though, but there just all over the show right now..... there software is getting to big too FAST! now version 9..... and there converter is still RUBISH!!!

smuperman
6th December 2012, 09:22
Hi, i have troubles using DE.

For Bluray Structures it works fine (.mkv in TEMP Folder). But how do I convert TS files, MKV, or even the raw .264 Stream I extract from a Bluray by TSMuxer? Ripbot always create .avs files in this case and i am not able to use DE.

Atak_Snajpera
6th December 2012, 10:45
mkv is supported , raw .264 will work if put it into mkv container. ts is not supported because most of tv stations use interlaced encoding. ffms2 decoder has still some issues with those streams.

smuperman
6th December 2012, 10:56
Thanks for the update. This is a temp folder of a MKV File I try to reencode. Ripbot does not open the Encoding Client.

http://www.abload.de/thumb/111cjo8w.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=111cjo8w.jpg)

Atak_Snajpera
6th December 2012, 11:17
Maybe you use too old version. Maybe you created job2 before changing .ini... Maybe video codec in mkv is not supported by de... I don't know

smuperman
6th December 2012, 11:27
I'm using 1.17.4

Maybe the job was created before changing ini. But I dont think so.
I will check that after the other job is done.

Videostream in MKV is a Bluray Source. Here is the MediaInfo:

General
Unique ID : 186428541243445285398621090059651072167 (0x8C40D4BCDE90747194358FF7C59F40A7)
Complete name : E:\video.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 22.2 GiB
Duration : 1h 33mn
Overall bit rate : 34.1 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2012-10-07 07:10:04
Writing application : mkvmerge v4.8.0 ('I Got The...') gebaut am May 24 2011 03:12:58
Writing library : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Maximum bit rate : 31.4 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Language : English
Default : No

Audio #1
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 428 MiB (2%)
Language : German
Default : Yes

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Maximum bit rate : 5 997 Kbps
Channel(s) : 8 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossless
Language : English
Default : No

Atak_Snajpera
6th December 2012, 11:40
Show me what do you have in job2_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd

smuperman
6th December 2012, 11:44
"C:\Users\Oliver\Desktop\Video Rip\RipBot\EncodingClient.exe" "I:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2_EncodingClient.meta"

Atak_Snajpera
6th December 2012, 11:53
what happens if manually execute that .cmd?

smuperman
6th December 2012, 11:58
A CMD Window opens with the exact text in the cmd but stays open and nothing happens.

I will try this again as soon as the other job is finished. About half hour to go.

smuperman
6th December 2012, 12:44
Seams to work now ... sorry :)

kartola
15th December 2012, 11:40
Atak, why Ripbot set "--b-pyramid none" instead of the preset standard?
Is there a quality difference or a compression difference?

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
15th December 2012, 13:25
For better compatibility with some devices (PSP and others) i decided to disable --b-pyramid. Do not worry --b-pyramid does not improve quality that much. In fact difference is invisible for humans.

slalom
17th December 2012, 20:25
How can I delete only one chunk and restart it?

Atak_Snajpera
17th December 2012, 20:39
what happened?

slalom
17th December 2012, 21:46
last chunk is completed without ever been encoded
no *.264 is produced, just the completed chunk appears

v. 1.17.2

Gamefanatic
18th December 2012, 07:42
EncodingClient does not allow me to choose which NIC to communicate from causing the scenario below:
Scenario:

Server1 = NIC1 / NIC2 <- Server 2012
Server2 = NIC1 / NIC2 <- Server 2012
Workstation1 = NIC1 <- Windows 8
Workstation2 = NIC2 <- Windows 7

Server1 and Server2 can connect to each other with no issues, but can not connect to Workstation1 or Workstation2 as the default NIC/IP is one of the network that the workstations do not participate in (iSCSI).

Workstation1 and Workstation2 can connect to each other, and to Server1 and Server2. This is likely because the EncodingServer is listening on all NIC's.

So I can better distribute the load to all systems if I start the process from my workstations. It would be nice if I could somehow specify the network that the EncodingClient uses to connect to the remote systems.

Atak_Snajpera
18th December 2012, 13:28
last chunk is completed without ever been encoded
no *.264 is produced, just the completed chunk appears

v. 1.17.2

1) execute manually missing chuck (x.cmd in Chunks folder)
2) execute CombineAllChunks.cmd
3) execute Jobx_MuxFiles.cmd

Chudz
18th December 2012, 13:33
Ahoy!

Atak_Snajpera
18th December 2012, 14:13
LOL Pirate on board :)

fantasmanegro
18th December 2012, 15:08
yup... somebody needs go to basic rules..

Chudz
18th December 2012, 15:19
I have it on Bluray but dont have a bluray drive in PC to rip it lol I will remove the post fix it now anyways.

fantasmanegro
18th December 2012, 15:29
well, i don't know if that is ok

like ROMs, you have the REAL NES/SNES Cartridge you can use the ROM in emulator...

robf
18th December 2012, 17:16
Hey Atak,

When using distributed encoding I see a general drop in fps encoding on a per machine basis (aggregate is still higher of course), For example,

On my hexa-core main machine I see roughly these results (BD -> MKV using 2pass)

pass1
1) Non-distributed ~ 55fps
2) distributed, client running on other machine ~30fps
3) distributed, client running on same machine ~20fps

Is this expected? If so, can you explain why, and if not, can you suggest a way to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
18th December 2012, 20:49
is cpu utilization at 100% in both cases?

slalom
18th December 2012, 21:16
1) execute manually missing chuck (x.cmd in Chunks folder)
2) execute CombineAllChunks.cmd
3) execute Jobx_MuxFiles.cmd
Worked, thanks!

robf
18th December 2012, 23:14
is cpu utilization at 100% in both cases?

For pass1 I never see 100%. For case 3 (the worst case) it is somewhere around 15-20% I think. Out of the 12 logical cores, I see loading on less than half.

Pass2 is closer to non-distributed performance. Distributed it bounces around 80-100% utilization whereas non distributed is always pegged at 100% for all 12 logical cores.

Is there a log file that shows the command line calls as well as FPS upon completion?

Firminus
19th December 2012, 05:01
How do you get AVSameLength to work? I am not sure on the settings. I Use Trim in the #Trim area. but the audio if from the beginning of the clip

Atak_Snajpera
19th December 2012, 15:56
For pass1 I never see 100%. For case 3 (the worst case) it is somewhere around 15-20% I think. Out of the 12 logical cores, I see loading on less than half.

Pass2 is closer to non-distributed performance. Distributed it bounces around 80-100% utilization whereas non distributed is always pegged at 100% for all 12 logical cores.

Is there a log file that shows the command line calls as well as FPS upon completion?

Try again with extra server running on the same machine.

v1.17.3
Added: WakeOnLan support in Encoding Client (valid MAC ADDRESSES must be specified in EncodingClient.ini)
Added: DE mode will now also work correctly on mixed 32bit/64bit systems (for example Client on x64 , Server on x86)
Added: Support for password protected sharing (valid username and password must be specified in EncodingClient.ini)
Added: Multiple Encoding Servers can be activated on single PC (Maybe usefull if for some reason CPU usage is not at 100%)
Changed: renamed Poster label to Cover and poster.jpg to cover.jpg in job folder (reason: Icaros 2.1 only extracts cover.jpg from .mkv!)
Updated: FhG AAC 2012-06-24, FFmpeg 2012-07-30, FFmpegSource r700, MKVToolnix 5.7.0, VSFilter 2.41.5626, x264 r2008

Atak_Snajpera
19th December 2012, 15:57
How do you get AVSameLength to work? I am not sure on the settings. I Use Trim in the #Trim area. but the audio if from the beginning of the clip

Trim is added automatically under #AVSameLength according to a/v duration.

burt123
20th December 2012, 07:28
Hi Atak,

So how DO you set up an extra server on the same machine ??

Are there instructions somewhere that I've missed, because I see this happening a bit on my 2 PC set up.

Try again with extra server running on the same machine.

v1.17.3
Added: WakeOnLan support in Encoding Client (valid MAC ADDRESSES must be specified in EncodingClient.ini)
Added: DE mode will now also work correctly on mixed 32bit/64bit systems (for example Client on x64 , Server on x86)
Added: Support for password protected sharing (valid username and password must be specified in EncodingClient.ini)
Added: Multiple Encoding Servers can be activated on single PC (Maybe usefull if for some reason CPU usage is not at 100%)
Changed: renamed Poster label to Cover and poster.jpg to cover.jpg in job folder (reason: Icaros 2.1 only extracts cover.jpg from .mkv!)
Updated: FhG AAC 2012-06-24, FFmpeg 2012-07-30, FFmpegSource r700, MKVToolnix 5.7.0, VSFilter 2.41.5626, x264 r2008

Atak_Snajpera
20th December 2012, 13:19
http://i.imgur.com/GFxMj.png

burt123
20th December 2012, 23:44
OK, thanks' I'll give it a try.

"A picture says a thousand words"

burt123
22nd December 2012, 05:26
Hi Atak,

OK, I tried this, and all it does is "Waiting for connection"

My main server's IP is 192.168.1.180:1000, when I select "additional server", it gives it an IP of 192.168.1.180:2000, and that's it, nothing else seems to happen.

There must be something else that needs to be done ?!?!?

OK, thanks' I'll give it a try.

"A picture says a thousand words"

jwjohnson
22nd December 2012, 13:32
Hi Atak,

OK, I tried this, and all it does is "Waiting for connection"

My main server's IP is 192.168.1.180:1000, when I select "additional server", it gives it an IP of 192.168.1.180:2000, and that's it, nothing else seems to happen.

There must be something else that needs to be done ?!?!?

You have to enable it on the encoding client so it knows it is available now.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd December 2012, 13:34
maybe you should enter 192.168.1.180:2000 in encoding client ? ;)

burt123
22nd December 2012, 23:08
Your subtle hint's. :sly:

Well, I have just been able to suss it out, it didn't like 192.168.1.180:2000, but I have a 2nd NIC in the PC, so I used it's address, 192.168.0.25:2000, and it worked, so then I went to the client PC, and added an additional server, and that worked straight away, so I have double (quadrupled) the processing power, so the encode I'm doing now is running at 120fps (only an avi)

So you're excellent piece of software just keeps on giving :)

Cheers

maybe you should enter 192.168.1.180:2000 in encoding client ? ;)

slalom
23rd December 2012, 09:48
I can't see that button "Additional server" on v.1.17.3

EDIT
Figured it out, nevermind!

Epic007
24th December 2012, 20:41
Anyone using RipBot on Windows 8 yet? I don't see my mapped drives in the Save dialog anymore, although I can use share names '\\server\share'. I do see mapped drives in windows apps like notepad. I think it must be a windows 8 security issue. If anyone has figured this out, please post the solution.
Thanks

zazon
24th December 2012, 22:25
I've run into a couple issues running RipBot and hopefully someone can help. First, I've been getting this dialog box most times I pop in a .m2ts file into RipBot:

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/11761661/img/11761661.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/11761661)

Is there some way I can fix this. I'm running Windows 7 x64 if that helps.

Second, I have a .m2ts file of Sunset Boulevard. When I play the file in Media Player Classic or VLC, it plays normal, but for some reason RipBot picks the commentary as the audio track for the movie. Media Player Classic only shows one audio track while VLC has two, the audio and the commentary. Is there some way I can force RipBot to pick the correct track? There's only one option in the original settings box, so I don't know how to make it pick the correct track.

Thanks for any help.

slalom
25th December 2012, 08:36
Demux the track with tsmuxer and add it manually

Zorro70
26th December 2012, 05:13
[QUOTE=zazon;1607304]I've run into a couple issues running RipBot and hopefully someone can help. First, I've been getting this dialog box most times I pop in a .m2ts file into RipBot:

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/11761661/img/11761661.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/11761661)

Is there some way I can fix this. I'm running Windows 7 x64 if that helps.

QUOTE]

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71

download file and unzip it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

job done,

zazon
26th December 2012, 10:23
Thanks Zorro and Slalom. I can't believe I forgot about tsmuxer.

If I might ask one more question? I have a few older movies that are in the 4:3 format like the Sunset Boulevard I mentioned above, and Casablanca to name a couple. When I put them through RipBot and set the resolution to 1440x1080, which I believe is 4:3 1080 resolution, they still for some reason come out widescreen. I've tried cropping them manually and automatically, but with the same results, a widescreen aspect ratio. The source .m2ts file is 4:3 so I don't understand why the output is not. Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? Thanks again for any help.

Atak_Snajpera
26th December 2012, 14:06
add --sar 1:1 to your favourite profile