PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Atak_Snajpera
7th July 2012, 12:47
Thats right, but maybe it would be the best solution if the chunks would be just a bit bigger than now. Would it be hard to develop that the user can choose the chunksize in settings? Little chunks also have the problem that the encoding process always stops while completing and starting a chunk. This costs time too.
it takes no more than 5s to start on my Quad Core PCs. I see no problem here. You are exaggerating now. General rule is ultra simple! Smaller chunk size = better efficiency in DE mode (less idle time on servers). for me 1min seems to be logical optimal size. Period!

When Ripbot says "Please wait. Demuxing selected streams" it is usually very slow. My CPU is only at 10 % usage and i've got a fast HDD. So which hardware is the performance limiter in that demuxing process? Is it may the HDD? Could it running on a SSD be a big performance advantage? (edit: same question while "Indexing" in Destribuded Mode. Where is the performance limitation on that progress in the hardware? Thanks!)
buy good SSD (ocz vertex 4 for example) and you will see nice speed up.

SimonK91
7th July 2012, 13:26
it takes no more than 5s to start on my Quad Core PCs. I see no problem here. You are exaggerating now. General rule is ultra simple! Smaller chunk size = better efficiency in DE mode (less idle time on servers). for me 1min seems to be logical optimal size. Period!

Well yea, i dont want to argue with you ;) It was just an idea, but i respect your opinion.

SSD will increase both steps (demuxing and indexing?) Is the SSD needed only for the Ripbot Temp folder or also for the file-source?

omegaman7
7th July 2012, 16:00
I just bought the vertex 4 256Gb the other day :p Should arrive tuesday. I think I'd buy cheaper smaller SSD's for temporary BD files. This one is simply to speed up my windows experience, games, applications etc. This is my first SSD. I'd like to experiment before jumping completely on board. I just made a few buddies jealous telling them about it LOL!

gr1mmj0w
7th July 2012, 16:13
@gr1mmj0w
Life would be easier if users did not forget to click on that magic arrow next to "View problem details".

haha you would think I would have remembered that, I was tired lol.
I've reinstalled FFMPEG a couple of times to no success.

http://i.imgur.com/9kCzt.png

this is the whole error

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: avs2yuv.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e78e870
Fault Module Name: ffmpeg.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f821470
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001db811
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

SimonK91
7th July 2012, 17:43

I tested it with my SSDs. The source file was on SSD No.1 (Samsung 830Series) and the Temp Folder was at SSD No. 2 (A-ADATA S510).

Well, demuxing again was not really fast. CPU around 10-15 % usage. System Resource Monitor Shows that the SSDs are Reading and Writing with only 55 mb/sek. So where is the performance-brake then?:confused:

Atak_Snajpera
7th July 2012, 18:27
So where is the performance-brake then?

here ...

System Resource Monitor Shows that the SSDs are Reading and Writing with only 55 mb/sek.

@gr1mmj0w
try newer or older ffdshow from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/generic%20builds/

SimonK91
7th July 2012, 20:02
Ok thanks, then it seems to be a SSD Problem when i only have around 50mb/sek read/write rate? Do you guys have much more?:confused:

slalom
7th July 2012, 20:45
If you Read/Write from/to a non SSD HDDit is logical. Between two means, the slowest sets the speed

smaller chunk in 2 pass is not a smart idea.
Not even at 10000 frames?
A few words to explain that?

SimonK91
7th July 2012, 23:37
If you Read/Write from/to a non SSD HDDit is logical. Between two means, the slowest sets the speed

Yea sure, but i was wondering because i used two SSDs and 50mb/sek seems not to be fast for me. Which speeds do you guys have while demuxing?

crackinhedz
8th July 2012, 01:54
Question regarding subtitles using new 1.17.2

It seems now when using bluray .sup English forced, I am getting a black border around the subtitle. Using the "forced" option under selectable subtitles.

1.17.1 never gave me this trouble, any ideas?

gr1mmj0w
8th July 2012, 05:02
@gr1mmj0w
try newer or older ffdshow from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/generic%20builds/

I tried 4 different versions and they all crash with the same error.

Let me try a regular encode and not a batch encoding session.

update

even when trying a regular encode, it still errors :(

Trayman
8th July 2012, 10:27
@gr1mmj0w Have you tried different movies or are you trying just one ?

//Trayman

Atak_Snajpera
8th July 2012, 12:56
@crackinhedz
check in other players

Ryushin
8th July 2012, 14:47
Question regarding subtitles using new 1.17.2

It seems now when using bluray .sup English forced, I am getting a black border around the subtitle. Using the "forced" option under selectable subtitles.

1.17.1 never gave me this trouble, any ideas?

It's just the subtitles you selected. I have more then a few movies that have both the closed caption with the black border and the normal subtitles. Sometimes it's the first one listed and after it's done I need to remux them. But since you are burning them in, you need to double check the preview window to make sure they are the ones you want. It has nothing to do with RipBot.

gr1mmj0w
8th July 2012, 16:05
@gr1mmj0w Have you tried different movies or are you trying just one ?

//Trayman

different videos.

I'm encoding all these videos for my son so he can stream from my nasbox.

it's weird, encoding a .mp4 brings up the error, not a bluray :/

crackinhedz
8th July 2012, 18:07
But since you are burning them in, you need to double check the preview window to make sure they are the ones you want. It has nothing to do with RipBot.Unfortunately, I am not burning them in, they are simply selectable subtitles with the "forced" flag. The black border does not stay around subtitles throughout the entire movie, only some/most of them.

@crackinhedz
check in other players
I will have to give this a try, only been using VLC. (with latest updates)

Thanks

EDIT:

well I tried playing back the mkv using MPC and Windows Media player and neither of them would show the subtitles (looked around the web for some tips, still no show) so I found another program called DAPlayer (never heard of before) but it played the mkv and subtitles and still have the black boarder problem.

I also included a shot showing the black box is not there for all subtitles, just most of them!

Could it possibly be an issue with BDsup2sub?

slalom
8th July 2012, 18:07
Another issue,
while connecting with Remote Desktop Connection a "floating point" error appeared. Chuncks were stored, I didn't loose anything.
This is the error

http://s9.postimage.org/d8u2k9zan/error.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
img upload (http://postimage.org/)

Atak_Snajpera
8th July 2012, 19:33
it has to be a bug in remote desktop. whenever you connect default . decimal symbol in system is being changed to ,

that's a reason why you get this error message. application is now expecting a , as floating point separator while converting string value to float variable.

slalom
8th July 2012, 20:24
I see..

Ryushin
9th July 2012, 12:24
Unfortunately, I am not burning them in, they are simply selectable subtitles with the "forced" flag. The black border does not stay around subtitles throughout the entire movie, only some/most of them.

I also included a shot showing the black box is not there for all subtitles, just most of them!

Could it possibly be an issue with BDsup2sub?

I can't view the pictures you have attached yet as they are pending approval. But the subtitles in Blu-ray are the same as DVD in that they are bitmaps and not text. If your subtitles are showing the close caption black box around your text, then that is how that subtitle was created. When I attach the subtitles in my MKV's, I look for all the english subtitles. I usually add the first one listed, and if there is a similar sized one, usually within a few KB of the first one, I include that one as well. It sometimes is the closed capture subtitle which would make reading it easier during times when it's hard to view the movie such as in the sun on a tablet.

Put the DVD/Blu-ray into a player and select the different subtitles available. You will find that the close captions subtitles are coming from the disc and not from RipBot.

crackinhedz
9th July 2012, 23:32
If your subtitles are showing the close caption black box around your text, then that is how that subtitle was created.
It is from the movie JCVD (jean claude van damme). The movie audio is in [native] French so I take the english subtitle, first one on the list...as usual. (have done many movies no problems). The black box does not show around each line of subtitle through the movie, just some/most. So its not a closed caption sub. Once the pictures are approved you will see what I mean...one line its not there, the next it is. Its random.

My guess is BDsup2Sub, but again just a guess.

EDIT: here are some additional pictures for you to get understanding (had to cover a word in red :D )

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/crackinhedz/Capture1-4.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/crackinhedz/Untitled-3.jpg

crackinhedz
10th July 2012, 01:11
I ended up just finding the .srt file online and muxed that into the mkv. Problem solved temporarily.

Atak_Snajpera
10th July 2012, 09:09
try to disable sup2sub conversion in ripbot264.ini

then select english sup again in ripbot

SimonK91
11th July 2012, 13:38
I tested now several different HDDs and SSDs and im wondering why there are only 30-50 mb/sek read and write rates while demuxing. Is that normal that it is not higher? Demuxing is faster now than before (had the temp folder on a slower HDD and the source was on the same HDD so the demuxing part took a lot of time). But since my SSDs are usually way faster than 30-50 mb read and write im wondering why demuxing is not using maximum HDD speed (CPU is only 30 % exhausted while demuxing).

Would be nice to hear some information from you if you guys have higher speeds.:)

ceet12
11th July 2012, 18:38
Hello atak

i have a general problem with subtitles, recently i converted my copy of black rain

the final output is great but the converted subtitles included when viewed are placed extremely high up in the picture of the film. rather than lower down like they should be, i have checked the source and the subs do appear lower down in the usual sub place

how can i renocde this to get the subs to appear at the bottom of the film as they should be or usually do?

the makjority of film ive ripped have all been fine, regarding the position of the subtitles, bar one or two so im not sure what has gone wrong?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

regards

Atak_Snajpera
11th July 2012, 19:24
show me screenshot. i would like to see how subtitles look like on movie.

Ryushin
11th July 2012, 21:21
Hello atak

i have a general problem with subtitles, recently i converted my copy of black rain

the final output is great but the converted subtitles included when viewed are placed extremely high up in the picture of the film. rather than lower down like they should be, i have checked the source and the subs do appear lower down in the usual sub place

how can i renocde this to get the subs to appear at the bottom of the film as they should be or usually do?

the makjority of film ive ripped have all been fine, regarding the position of the subtitles, bar one or two so im not sure what has gone wrong?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

regards

I've seen this with some of my japenese films. You have to not crop the video and actually encode the black bars.

slalom
12th July 2012, 20:25
What is this error?
"Cannot open file E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt"
DE is enabled

Atak_Snajpera
12th July 2012, 20:39
does this file exists?

slalom
12th July 2012, 21:41
The error appeared after indexing completed, and the file does not exist

Atak_Snajpera
12th July 2012, 22:03
something is wrong with source then.

Manul
14th July 2012, 20:47
All of a sudden my distributed encoding stopped working for no reason - distributed client does not start anymore, just regular encoding. Please help to resolve. Let me know if you need any further info about my set up.

Atak_Snajpera
14th July 2012, 21:16
delete all jobs in queue
close ripbot
make sure that de mode is enabled in ripbot264.ini
add again some .avi .mkv .mp4 ... to queue

Manul
15th July 2012, 00:46
delete all jobs in queue
close ripbot
make sure that de mode is enabled in ripbot264.ini
add again some .avi .mkv .mp4 ... to queue
Did that a few few times (no jobs in a queue) - does not work.
UseDistributedEncoding=1
I've just used it a dozen of times before with a great success, but yesterday it's just stopped. It all has started when RipBot chocked on one TS file in a queue once (only 5 seconds of a video in a result). Anything else I can try? Thanks in advance!

silence09
15th July 2012, 04:14
Hi atak,

thanks for this new updated version of ripbot..
btw its my first time trying encoding with distributed encoding enabled.
im trying to use 2 computers with win7-64bit and win7-32bit im having an issue with the 32bit system saying that the x264 tool is not compatible even though I have replaced the x264 files x264_x68 and x264_x68_10bit already to the 32bit version...

- Edit
* ah actually I got it solved ... tried to use the server.exe of the old v 1.17.1 and it worked great

Atak_Snajpera
15th July 2012, 11:05
@manul
not all formats are supported in de mode. see what was written as note in ripbot264.ini

Manul
15th July 2012, 16:13
@manul
not all formats are supported in de mode. see what was written as note in ripbot264.ini
So even if I demuxed it myself and get 264 file I still will be stuck in a single server mode?

Atak_Snajpera
15th July 2012, 16:37
note from ripbot264.ini
// Supported input formats AVI / MP4 / MKV / DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-ray

solution:
mux .264 file into supported container.

Manul
15th July 2012, 18:27
note from ripbot264.ini

solution:
mux .264 file into supported container.
The strange thing is that when I demux that TS and get the 264 stream RipBot takes it but still does the processing in a single server mode. Other blurays RB processes in DE. Do you think it might be the stream itself or should I try to wrap it into MKV?

Atak_Snajpera
15th July 2012, 20:24
read again my previous post.

x110x
16th July 2012, 13:32
v 1.16.5 , cropping doesnt work if i resize to 720p , but without resizing its work .. what"s problem?

slalom
16th July 2012, 16:32
Use v 1.17.2

GhostKilla
16th July 2012, 17:09
Hi Atak_Snajpera,

I've used long time the version 1.16.x, with the old denoise filter. With your new version, i don't know how use the new denoise filter introduced, can you explain the parameters to have something like old filter, for film and animation.

thanks in advance

Atak_Snajpera
16th July 2012, 17:44
every source is different. you have to decide how strong denosing is required.

x110x
16th July 2012, 19:50
i dont want to use 1.17 , 1.16.5 encodding settings better , you can easly config it.

and same problem , i cant crop videos. v.17.2

Ryushin
16th July 2012, 20:46
i dont want to use 1.17 , 1.16.5 encodding settings better , you can easly config it.

and same problem , i cant crop videos. v.17.2

Learn. It's not hard to edit a text file. You'll have a lot more control and knowledge of what is going on.

defalopii
17th July 2012, 09:03
The problem still not solved on Distributed Encoding over internet.
I have 2 servers on different country with Windows 7 64 bit.
Setting up a VPN using Teamviewer. The network between that 2 servers works perfectly. I can access RipBot264temp folder on both server. I even can play very old LAN game using IP given by Teamviewer VPN.
Than trying the Distributed Encoding. Encoding started on Server 1, Encoding Client opened, copying file to shared folder...indexing..preparing chunks...etc
Than i open Encoding Server on Server 2, its already using IP that given by VPN. "7.190.20.56:1000"
I put that IP to the Encoding Client on Server 1, but it always "Encoding Terminated"
I hope developer can understand what i mean, and solve the problem.

Atak_Snajpera
17th July 2012, 09:36
open 1.cmd in notepad
add pause command
save and close notepad

now manualy execute 1.cmd from /chunks/ folder using teamviewer

defalopii
17th July 2012, 14:38
How to add pause command ??
Please fix this problem in the next version, bcoz if need to editing anything else,,that will be difficult for new bie

Atak_Snajpera
17th July 2012, 14:45
OH MY GOD!!!!! I'm trying to debug this . You are supposed to show me error message from console!
How to add pause command ??
use keyboard in the same way how you write your posts here.

slalom
17th July 2012, 18:25
What is this error?
"Cannot open file E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt"
DE is enabled
I got around this error. I used Autocrop and resize to HD-Full even when there was no need for that. That's triplle-checked

defalopii
18th July 2012, 09:46
OH MY GOD!!!!! I'm trying to debug this . You are supposed to show me error message from console!

use keyboard in the same way how you write your posts here.

There is no error message. the Encoding server just show me "Encoding Terminated"

Manul
18th July 2012, 15:47
read again my previous post.
Thanks for your help - Wrapping 264 elementary into MKV helped. Just for my notes, is this issue related to RB not being able to read FPS from 264 stream? Thanks again!

rc71
18th July 2012, 23:54
I found a strange bug. If a file has a ac3 sound track with only 1 channel, AAC conversion will fail. If that happens, the previous file's sound track is used. Converting it to ogg, works though.

I found this out only after deleting an entire season. DOH!

Obviously incorrectly encoded source files, but that's what I'm working with.

robf
19th July 2012, 06:20
Atak -

Another small feature request. When the distributed encoding kicks off, it would be nice for the client.exe to send a magic packet (maybe one every 5 seconds at a maximum of 5 attempts) to the remote servers that do not respond immediately. A couple of my machines spend a good ammount of time asleep and it would be convenient to have ripbot automatically wake them up when a new job has started. Of course this would require entering the MAC address to the ini file, but no biggie there.

Thanks again.

Lynx_TWO
20th July 2012, 15:43
So, I use ripbot 1.17.0 since it uses the FFT3DGPU denoise filter. I combine this with the flash3kyuu_deband filter in RipBot 1.17.2 for some fantastic results. I like the fact I can edit all parameters in the AVS script once the project is loaded, and before hitting "start".

For example, on one video I used this in the AVS script:

LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\flash3kyuu_deband\flash3kyuu_deband.dll")
video=FFT3DGPU(video,sigma=1.75, bt=4, sharpen=0.5).f3kdb

I get about 20FPS on x264 Slower setting 1st-pass, and 8-9FPS on the second pass. This is on an ASUS G73SW-3DE laptop.

A couple questions:

1. Now, I can encode the .w64 audio using DbPoweramp to AAC using Nero, but when I try to add the resulting AAC to Ripbot, it pauses on the "gathering information" stage.

2. Once RipBot has run through its audio conversion, I can replace the resulting audio.aac file with the Nero-encoded file, but it is an extra step.

3. Also, just a thought... Since lossy codecs like AAC are really bit-depth independent, could you not theoretically feed the AAC encoder the full 24-bit 5.1 48,000 Hz file for subjectively "better" quality instead of dithering to 16-bit first?

4. I assume the 24-bit DTS MA is being dithered to 16-bit instead of merely truncated, yes? :rolleyes:

5. I guess I could use RipBot 1.17.2 with the FFT3DGPU filter by adding it and editing the job.avs, yes? :cool:

Thanks for this program! :)

Atak_Snajpera
20th July 2012, 18:18
1. Now, I can encode the .w64 audio using DbPoweramp to AAC using Nero, but when I try to add the resulting AAC to Ripbot, it pauses on the "gathering information" stage.

2. Once RipBot has run through its audio conversion, I can replace the resulting audio.aac file with the Nero-encoded file, but it is an extra step.

Fraunhofer AAC (FhG) offers slightly better quality than NERO.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=161957

4. I assume the 24-bit DTS MA is being dithered to 16-bit instead of merely truncated, yes?
I don't know. You will have to check eac3to thread.

5. I guess I could use RipBot 1.17.2 with the FFT3DGPU filter by adding it and editing the job.avs, yes?
Nothing has changed in that matter. You can add whatever you want.

Lynx_TWO
20th July 2012, 18:24
Fraunhofer AAC offers slightly better quality than NERO.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=161957

Ahh, OK, thanks for the link! :) According to this, I should use qtaacenc with the CLI in DbPoweramp. I will test that out and report back the results, since I am not sure that qtaacenc will handle 5.1 audio... I was also under the illusion that the FAAC was the Free AAC codec.

:thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
20th July 2012, 18:26
FHG -> Fraunhofer AAC (used by RipBot264)
FAAC -> Free AAC codec (quality sucks still ;)

iSeries
20th July 2012, 23:14
I don't know. You will have to check eac3to thread.

It's being dithered to 16bit, but if converting to a lossy audio format I see no reason for the -down16 switch to be used?

Lynx_TWO
21st July 2012, 02:29
1. The Blu-Ray_ExtractStreams.cmd file has the switch -down16 added to it for eac3to. If I change it to -24 and run it, the resulting .w64 file is 24-bit, the original quality.

2. The command line for using the qtaacenc DbPoweramp's encoder is [outfile] --tvbr type [I]quality number here --highest

3. With a 2hr 3min movie as a test, and using the original 16-bit .w64 eac3to:

[infile] [outfile] --tvbr 65 --highest = 304 kbps @ 271.06 MB
[infile] [outfile] --tvbr 80 --highest = 364 kbps @ 323.98 MB
[infile] [outfile] --tvbr 90 --highest = 422 kbps @ 375.82 MB
[infile] [outfile] --tvbr 100 --highest = 470 kbps @ 418.13 MB

4. I had to encode the 24-bit file using Foobar2000 pipe throughput since DbPoweramp's CLI encoder converts the Wave64 format to .Wav Before encoding.
Naturally, the 4GB filesize limit hits, and the encoder fails. Using the --ignorelength command line in Foobar, converting to a .m4a file, then using DbPoweramp to change containers from m4a to aac was a weird process, but anyway... The resulting AAC file using [infile] [outfile] --tvbr 100 --highest = 461 kbps @ 408.15 MB

5. When I dithered the 24-bit file to a 16-bit file before encoding, bitrate actually went HIGHER, back to around 470kbps. I can only think this is because of the dithereing noise added to the audio when dithering from 24-bit to 16-bit. However, upon changing the file to 32-bit Float before feeding the encoder, the bitrate shot up to 740kbps, which was odd.

6. Perhaps the code should default to -24 instead of -down16 in Blu-Ray_ExtractStreams.cmd?

7. Would it be a pain to give the option for a higher bitrate for the audio? Instead of FHG 5.1 @ 320, maybe add a 400 or higher? From the other forums I have read, 320 5.1 AAC is eqivalent to 128 2.0 AAC in quality. With movies that are soundtrack intense, such as Lord Of The Rings, a higher bitrate may be appropriate, especially when encodeing from the DTS Master...

8. qtaacenc can handle 7.1 audio, and up to 32 bit Float input, so maybe 7.1 AAC could be added if FHG supports it as well? I do not know if that would break compatibilty with other devices though...

All your hard work is appreciated! :thanks:

Lynx_TWO
21st July 2012, 03:54
6. Perhaps the code should default to -24 instead of -down16 in Blu-Ray_ExtractStreams.cmd?

I just tested this by changing the Blu-Ray_ExtractStreams.cmd to -24 instead of -down16. FHG AAC encoded the file perfectly, as did DbPoweramp.

Oh, and the command line for DbPoweramp was --tvbr 100 --highest --ignorelength - %d

jimmain
21st July 2012, 14:42
Hi,

Thanks so much for the response.
My problem is that there is a "Copy Stream" profile for the audio but not for the video. I wish to change the audio, and do a copy stream for the video, but the option x x COPY STREAM is only available for audio.

After your movie loads into ripbot, under the video "profile" select "Copy Stream", and under the Audio section just change to what you wish...Video stays untouched, audio is whatever you want.

Is this what you're asking?

Zorro70
22nd July 2012, 04:05
Hi,

Thanks so much for the response.
My problem is that there is a "Copy Stream" profile for the audio but not for the video. I wish to change the audio, and do a copy stream for the video, but the option x x COPY STREAM is only available for audio.

ripbot encodes audio first, so just choose any video settings as long as its big enough to encode the audio, so just open the ripbot temp folder when the audio has been converted.

copy and paste the audio to somewhere lese (desktop for example)

now just use ts muxer to load in the right playlist from blu ray, or the actual whole video file if its just one big ts file, ,untick anything you dont want including audio, and now just drag and drop your audio in there and mux into whatever format you want

job done

SimonK91
22nd July 2012, 06:54
I try to set a cover picture for the MKV Files using "poster" in Ripbot, but Windows 7 never shows the Picture... Any idea?:confused:

jimmain
22nd July 2012, 07:27
Hi,

I encoded a some files yesterday using distributed encoding which worked just fine. I am trying to encode some more today and alas the distributed encoding does not start. encoding is happening only on the client.

I can run encoding client and encoding servers, and can connect. The temp directory is shared to everyone.

Are there some logs or files I can look at to try and work out why it's not working anymore.

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd July 2012, 10:43
@jimmain
Probably you use 2-pass and your movie is shorter than 20 min.

I try to set a cover picture for the MKV Files using "poster" in Ripbot, but Windows 7 never shows the Picture... Any idea?
Windows 7 does not support that by default. You may try installing Icaros.

tretoreo
22nd July 2012, 11:34
Hi, I'm using Dextop (http://dexpot.de/index.php?id=dexpot), when Ripbot264 encoding movie in background, and I'll switch to other virtual desktop, Ripbot264 stops encode chunk, and gives me an error:

'Exception EConvertError in module EncodingClient.exe at 00023F16.
'3.48' is not a valid floating point value.'

It would be nice if RP264 have possibility send to tray and if You put back advanced settings, yes I know, I can use CMD...

Great software btw, thanks. Sorry for my english.

jimmain
22nd July 2012, 19:00
@jimmain
Probably you use 2-pass and your movie is shorter than 20 min.

Windows 7 does not support that by default. You may try installing Icaros.
Hi,

Thanks for the response, but I am using CQ-20, not 2 pass.
Maybe they are too short though.

Regards
Craig.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd July 2012, 19:24
shorter than 2 min ?

Markstar
23rd July 2012, 19:03
Hi,
I accidentally selected the wrong audio track in the Encoding settings and now I have the wrong language in my mp4-file. Is there an easy way to encode just the right audio track and mux it with the video again, removing the other audio stream? I still have the temp folder with all the settings, including all dts-files.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question.

slalom
23rd July 2012, 20:13
You could say that..

same page above #11564
ripbot encodes audio first, so just choose any video settings as long as its big enough to encode the audio, so just open the ripbot temp folder when the audio has been converted.

copy and paste the audio to somewhere lese (desktop for example)

now just use ts muxer to load in the right playlist from blu ray, or the actual whole video file if its just one big ts file, ,untick anything you dont want including audio, and now just drag and drop your audio in there and mux into whatever format you want

job done

Markstar
23rd July 2012, 22:29
You could say that..

same page above #11564Ups, indeed. :o

Thanks even more for your patient answer then, I really appreciate it! :thanks:

Just one more thing: In tsMuxeR, I have deleted the wrong audio stream, adden the right AAC-file, but where do I set the output format to MP4 again? If I keep the default TS, the file will work, but I'd prefer MP4 for compatibility. And none of the other choices (M2TS, Blu-ray, AVCHD and Demux) seem to be the right ones, either. I tried Google ("tsmuxer output mp4"), but couldn't find anything. :(

Sorry again.

tretoreo
23rd July 2012, 22:34
Ups, indeed. :o

Thanks even more for your patient answer then, I really appreciate it! :thanks:

Just one more thing: In tsMuxeR, I have deleted the wrong audio stream, adden the right AAC-file, but where do I set the output format to MP4 again? If I keep the default TS, the file will work, but I'd prefer MP4 for compatibility. And none of the other choices (M2TS, Blu-ray, AVCHD and Demux) seem to be the right ones, either. I tried Google ("tsmuxer output mp4"), but couldn't find anything. :(

Sorry again.

Yamb?...

Markstar
24th July 2012, 08:26
Yamb?...Perfect, thank you!

slalom
24th July 2012, 15:38
Perhaps you're looking for mkvmerge
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix

defalopii
24th July 2012, 15:43
after i put pause command on 1.cmd

'\\7.153.48.579\RipBot264temp\job3\Chunks'
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.

C:\Windows>"\\Defalopii-PC\Ripbot264temp\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "\\Defalopii-PC\Ri
pBot264temp\job3\Chunks\1.avs" -o - | "\\Defalopii-PC\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x2
64_x64.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 954 --stats "\\Defalopii-PC\RipBot264temp\job3\Chunk
s\1.stats" --fps 25 --force-cfr --min-keyint 25 --keyint 250 --frames 14934 --s
ar 1:1 --preset slower --ref 3 --deblock -1:-1 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid 2 --meran
ge 32 --no-fast-pskip --keyint 250 --min-keyint 25 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --psy-r
d 0.00:0 --partitions i4x4,i8x8,p8x8,b8x8 --stdin y4m --output "\\Defalopii-PC\Ripb
ot264temp\job3\Chunks\1.264" -
error: Import: couldn't open "\\Defalopii-PC\RipBot264temp\job3\Chunks\1.avs"
x264 [error]: could not open output file `\\Defalopii-PC\Ripbot264temp\job3\Chunks\
1.264'

C:\Windows>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

So why the Encoding Server trying to encode local RipBot264temp folder ??
It should be encode the remote folder \\7.153.48.579\RipBot264temp\

rc71
25th July 2012, 05:21
Hi Atak !

I'd like to automatically launch RipBot at a given time and tell it to start encoding. I could schedule a Windows Task for this, but I don't know if there's a special command for RipBot that will tell him to start encoding as soon as it is launched.

Is this possible ?

As always, thanks for doing such a great app :).

Just schedule the tasks that ripbot creates. They are in the temp folder.

Arbelisk
25th July 2012, 11:33
I've been using the distributed encoding option the past few weeks and noticed when playing back my files, there are artifacts in the video in certain places. Anyone else having this issue? It does not happen when disabling distributed encoding and just using one computer.

Atak_Snajpera
25th July 2012, 11:54
Post mediainfo of the original source file.
Are you using 1.17.2 version?
Does this happen with certain codec (MPEG2,h.264,VC-1 or other)
Is Your source .avi .mp4 .mkv dvd or blu-ray?

defalopii
25th July 2012, 12:18

with who ure talking about ??
me or others ??

defalopii
25th July 2012, 14:39
after i put pause command on 1.cmd

'\\7.153.48.579\RipBot264temp\job3\Chunks'
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.

C:\Windows>"\\Defalopii-PC\Ripbot264temp\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "\\Defalopii-PC\Ri
pBot264temp\job3\Chunks\1.avs" -o - | "\\Defalopii-PC\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x2
64_x64.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 954 --stats "\\Defalopii-PC\RipBot264temp\job3\Chunk
s\1.stats" --fps 25 --force-cfr --min-keyint 25 --keyint 250 --frames 14934 --s
ar 1:1 --preset slower --ref 3 --deblock -1:-1 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid 2 --meran
ge 32 --no-fast-pskip --keyint 250 --min-keyint 25 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --psy-r
d 0.00:0 --partitions i4x4,i8x8,p8x8,b8x8 --stdin y4m --output "\\Defalopii-PC\Ripb
ot264temp\job3\Chunks\1.264" -
error: Import: couldn't open "\\Defalopii-PC\RipBot264temp\job3\Chunks\1.avs"
x264 [error]: could not open output file `\\Defalopii-PC\Ripbot264temp\job3\Chunks\
1.264'

C:\Windows>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

So why the Encoding Server trying to encode local RipBot264temp folder ??
It should be encode the remote folder \\7.153.48.579\RipBot264temp\

have tried many solution given by other forums, editing registry etc still doesnt work.
this is ripbot serious bug, my version is v1.17.2
my source is from .avi .mp4 .mkv dvd and blu-ray, result still same, ripbot trying to encode from local folder not the remote folder it should be

Ryushin
25th July 2012, 14:41
with who ure talking about ??
me or others ??

It was posted to Arbelisk. The artifacts were caused by prior versions to 1.17.2

Ryushin
26th July 2012, 01:57
Okay, I've encountered something a bit weird. I have a blu-ray import of Miss Potter that was encoded at 1080/50i (Also allows Region A), which by the way is not in the official Blu-ray spec. The movie was originally filmed at 24fps and that is what I'm trying to convert it to. Adding the source to RipBot, setting up de-interlace to TFF 25fps and output speed to 24.000 FPS results in an audio file that is the correct length but devoid of any actual content in it (encodes insanely quick too). Changing the output speed to 23.976 results in an audio file with sound. Looking at the differences of the job.avs files for the two different speeds:

The 23.97fps job.avs file shows:
#Tempo
video=AssumeFPS(video,"ntsc_film")
audio=TimeStretch(audio,tempo=(24/1.001)/25*100)

The 24.000fps job.avs shows:
#Tempo
video=AssumeFPS(video,"film")
audio=TimeStretch(audio,tempo=24/25*100)

For giggles I changed the 24.000fps job.avs file to:
#Tempo
video=AssumeFPS(video,"film")
audio=TimeStretch(audio,(24/1.000)/25*100)

Adding the 24/1.000 resulted in a correct audio file. I see nothing wrong with the original 24.000fps file of using 24/25*100 and the broken audio compared to using (24/1.000)/25*100). This is probably the only 1080/50i movie I will ever encounter, but it's worth noting the problem.

Arbelisk
26th July 2012, 08:09

I am using 1.17.2.
I have noticed it on VC-1 and H.264 so far.
The source is Blu-Ray.

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : A:\PRIVATE\FullDisc\JOHN_CARTER\BDMV\STREAM\00800.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 32.8 GiB
Duration : 2h 12mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 35.6 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 48.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : 27
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 29.0 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 37.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.584
Stream size : 26.8 GiB (82%)

Audio #1
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Muxing mode : Stream extension
Codec ID : 134
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 3 148 Kbps / 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 8 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy

Audio #2
ID : 4353 (0x1101)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format profile : Dolby Digital
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : 129
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 320 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 302 MiB (1%)

Audio #3
ID : 4354 (0x1102)
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Stream size : 604 MiB (2%)

Audio #4
ID : 4355 (0x1103)
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Stream size : 604 MiB (2%)

Audio #5
ID : 4356 (0x1104)
Bit rate : 320 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Stream size : 302 MiB (1%)

Atak_Snajpera
26th July 2012, 10:31
@Ryushin
Thanks. I've already fixed that.

@Arbelisk
Does video corruption happen at every split point (In CQ mode every 1min, in 2Pass every 10min)?
If yes will you be able to prepare proper sample for me? You can import video.mkv from temp folder in mmg.exe and there cut out proper chunk. However sample should start from the very begining of the movie not from the middle!

hegyre
26th July 2012, 12:32
Hello Atak_Snajpera,

I'm been using RipBot since version 1.16.3
I know I've never thank you for this software, but now it's done ^^ So Thank you for RipBot.

There is one thing I have to ask, as i've always using version 1.16.x for encoding until now.
So just wondering why the profile [HIGH 4.0] HD . Progressive.txt changed between version 1.16.5 and version 1.17.0, since I didn't see any notes in the changelog for 1.17.0 about this change.

with 1.16.5 : --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh
with 1.17.0 and newer : --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none

What happened to --bframes 3 and the others options ?

Also in the ini file, wondering why DefaultModeValue=20 now by default (since version 1.17.1) whereas it was 22 in version 1.17.0 and older ? (Also not mentionned in changelog)

Thanks and Regards.

Atak_Snajpera
26th July 2012, 15:46
What happened to --bframes 3 and the others options ?
--bframes 3 is now default value therefore it is omited in commandline.

with 1.16.5 : --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh
with 1.17.0 and newer : --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none
since 1.17.0 command line has been modified according to x264 preset system.

Also in the ini file, wondering why DefaultModeValue=20 now by default (since version 1.17.1) whereas it was 22 in version 1.17.0 and older ? (Also not mentionned in changelog)
Just my personal choice. 22 was too low for me.

Arbelisk
26th July 2012, 19:30
@Ryushin
Thanks. I've already fixed that.

@Arbelisk
Does video corruption happen at every split point (In CQ mode every 1min, in 2Pass every 10min)?
If yes will you be able to prepare proper sample for me? You can import video.mkv from temp folder in mmg.exe and there cut out proper chunk. However sample should start from the very begining of the movie not from the middle!

It seems to happen at a split point but not every one. I will prepare a sample once I get off work. Where should I send it?

Atak_Snajpera
26th July 2012, 19:45
mediafire.com or dropbox if you have an account there. rar/zip video.mkv into chunks if it is too big for those services.

defalopii
27th July 2012, 10:55
ew...my question still not answered...ignored..!!!
What happen with you developer ??
Do You need a donation to answer my problem ??

Trayman
27th July 2012, 12:05
@defalopii Relax dude, that attitude will not give you the answer you need and might actually make Atak and others ignore you.
I can understand your frustration but Atak makes RipBot264 available to you for free in his spare time. Since you are trying to make DE work over VPN and i don't think anyone else is or has the equipment to help you at the moment. So please be patient and you will get help as soon as Atak or someone else can replicate your problem.

//Trayman

Arbelisk
27th July 2012, 19:25
mediafire.com or dropbox if you have an account there. rar/zip video.mkv into chunks if it is too big for those services.

ok, just to make sure I'm straight. I'm uploading a sample of the video.mkv before I have encoded it, correct?

Atak_Snajpera
27th July 2012, 20:00
yes correct

dlarge
27th July 2012, 21:04
Hi,

big thanks for this great App and i love it, but i have a Question about encode with subtitles.

I can take with Ripbot subtitles but only directly into the picture?
If you plan so which one normal subtitles as .sup or VobSub can use?

Atak_Snajpera
28th July 2012, 11:12
I can take with Ripbot subtitles but only directly into the picture?
use Selectable subtitles option

If you plan so which one normal subtitles as .sup or VobSub can use?
both are supported

dlarge
28th July 2012, 12:33
ah, sorry, i don`t have seen this. The fonts are little too small i think.:D

pausefisk
28th July 2012, 18:03
any chance distributed encoding will be supported for .ts files (digital recordings) ?

Atak_Snajpera
28th July 2012, 18:39
most of ts recordings is interlaced. ffms2 is not very reliable for that kind of streams.
also recordings may contain errors which will cause futher problems for decoder.

dlarge
29th July 2012, 20:17
if you plan for Lav Filter support? i think this are the future and many users are don`t have installed ffdshow and i have no problems without ffdshow.

Atak_Snajpera
29th July 2012, 20:41
i'm not forcing anyone to use ripbot. i see nothing special in lav filters yet. interlaced vc1 still not supported, haali media spliter still works better for transport streams. no need to change something what has been working quite well for years.

x110x
31st July 2012, 03:02
i cant crop videos with resizeing. without resizeing its work , please help me .
Sys. Info : OS: windows 7 enterp. x64(clean installed) cpu i7 3770k 10 gb ddr3 mem. Intel HD 4000+ nvidia g210 graphic card .

Test Videos: 1920x1080p 16:9
Test-1.mkv
Test-2.mkv

http://www.mediafire.com/?50uig97n4xk1f2p,dec0v0o9grukurv

AVS SCRipt:

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("C:\Users\user\Desktop\test-1.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop
video=Crop(video,2,132,-2,-132)

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,544).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,88,0,88)

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource

#DownMix

#Delay

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace

return video

Crop and Resize Settings:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4894/68314078.png

Crop and Resize Result: (only to 1280x720 resized )

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3984/test1cropresize.jpg

Only Crop Without Resize. ( to 1920x820 cropped )

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6206/test1crop.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
31st July 2012, 09:51
use custom resize profile with locked aspect ratio

Shrekage
31st July 2012, 15:57
ew...my question still not answered...ignored..!!!
What happen with you developer ??
Do You need a donation to answer my problem ??

Please provide the following information:

machine1 computer name (this would be the client PC--the one you run ripbot264 on)

machine2 computer name (this would be the pc that the server is setup on)

from machine2 while the VPN is connected. do the following: click Start, Click run, type in \\machine1\ripbot264temp\ press enter and let us know if you can access the folder.

this is step 1 to making this work... once you respond with that i will see if i can help you further...

frencher
31st July 2012, 21:51
@Atak_Snajpera

I want to know if this video (Fichier3D-2.mts) is 25i or 50i from 3D camcorder Sony HDR TD10
This video contain a track AVC/MVC (3D)
Link WebSite
http://www.3dvisionfr.net/wp/2011/09/test-camescope-3d-sony-hdr-td10
Link to the video
http://www.3dvisionfr.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/SonyHDRTD10/Fichier3D-2.MTS

Thank you

Yoshi8765
31st July 2012, 22:13
Bug to latest version:

Exception EConvertError in module Ripbot264.exe at 0000949A.

" is not a valid integer value.

I get almost the same error with v1.17.2
But my error says "floating point value" instead of "integer value."

Mediainfo of conflicting file.
http://pastebin.com/RGzbLwdh

Errors similar to this happens with other files I have, some wmv, some mp4, some others. The error always occurs while/after demuxing audio. :scared:

QUEENFAN
1st August 2012, 17:14
Hello,

i'm using ripbot264 for encoding my DVD and BR to mkv.
Should I use HD progressive or interlaced when encoding BR-media?
I checked the settings but could not find any difference in HD 4.0 interlaced and progessive settings.

Thans a lot for your help.

Atak_Snajpera
1st August 2012, 19:34
Should I use HD progressive or interlaced when encoding BR-media?
99% of movies are encoded as progressive so you should use 4.0 Progressive

4.0 interlaced is only useful if source has been encoded as interlaced and user prefers to keep interlaced footage without applying deinterlacing filters.

soneca
2nd August 2012, 00:57
Thanks for the new version! :cool:

kypec
2nd August 2012, 14:16
Changelog

v1.17.3
Updated: FhG AAC 2012-06-24, FFmpeg 2012-07-30, FFmpegSource r700, MKVToolnix 5.7.0, VSFilter 2.41.5626, x264 r2008

Looks like x264 has been downgraded some 200 revisions behind...:p

jandor
3rd August 2012, 01:38
@Atak_Snajpera,

RipBot264 forever.
Thanks for the new version.

kremb
3rd August 2012, 15:26
Thanks for making a great tool.

I'm really close on DE.

Here is my situation. I have tried to run DE from all 3 of these hosts and here are my results. Standalone appears to work fine on all 3 computers.

Win7-64(AMDX2)-(runs fine, starts up client app on start, connects to servers, remote servers flicker between idle/encoding)

Win7-32(AMDX4)-(does NOT start client app on start, can manually connect to servers, server status remains idle.)

WinXP-32(P4HT_3.4)-(runs fine, starts up monitor, error in title bar - Cannot open file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt". The system cannot find the file specified)-is then stalled at Please Wait ... Preparing Chunks

I'd love to use a few decent p4's I have hanging around, but they aren't going to run 64 bit windows. IMO, the DE component of this software is the most intriguing part. I'm sure it would work great on 3 i7 boxes running Win7x64 like it does in the demo video.

Is the ability to encode with a couple of extra cores (3.0 ghz) alongside a quad core a worthwhile goal? I think so, but I may be completely out to lunch.

What do you guys think?

Atak_Snajpera
3rd August 2012, 16:51
are you using 1.17.3 version ?

kremb
3rd August 2012, 20:03
are you using 1.17.3 version ?

yes, I am using 1.17.3 on all three computers.

All installations have Usex264x64=0 in .ini file

Atak_Snajpera
3rd August 2012, 21:50
most likely server can't open shared folder
//client-pc/ripbot264temp

all pcs must be in the same workgroup btw

soneca
3rd August 2012, 23:06
Hi Atak,

Problems with mov files
Any ideas?

General
Complete name : D:\IMG_1799.MOV
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 543 MiB
Duration : 7mn 8s
Overall bit rate : 10.6 Mbps
Recorded date : 2012-07-07T23:25:46-0700
Encoded date : UTC 2012-07-08 06:25:46
Tagged date : UTC 2012-07-08 06:25:58
Writing application : 5.1.1
Writing library : Apple QuickTime
Model : iPhone 4
©xyz : +34.0158-118.4960+026.798/
Make : Apple
com.apple.quicktime.make : Apple
com.apple.quicktime.creationdate : 2012-07-07T23:25:46-0700
com.apple.quicktime.location.ISO6709 : +34.0158-118.4960+026.798/
com.apple.quicktime.software : 5.1.1
com.apple.quicktime.model : iPhone 4

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=24
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Source duration : 7mn 8s
Bit rate : 10.6 Mbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 24.022 fps
Minimum frame rate : 23.077 fps
Maximum frame rate : 30.000 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.477
Stream size : 540 MiB (99%)
Source stream size : 540 MiB (99%)
Title : Core Media Video
Color primaries : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4, SMPTE RP177
Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Matrix coefficients : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4 709, SMPTE RP177

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Source duration : 7mn 8s
Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Channel positions : Front: C
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Delay relative to video : 2ms
Stream size : 3.27 MiB (1%)
Source stream size : 3.27 MiB (1%)
Title : Core Media Audio

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/Forum/ripbot1-4.jpg

burt123
4th August 2012, 04:43
Hi Atak,

I have to commend you on constantly updating this awesome little program you've developed.

Now I have to ask, seeing as you have added a wake up function for the client pc's, in the latest version, would it be at all possible to have the client pc's be turned off automatically, when the encode is finished ?? (If you've checked that tick box).

QUEENFAN
4th August 2012, 12:56
@Atak_Snajpera

thanks a lot for the fast answer.

I've noticed that in version 1.17.2 after opening a file for encoding it always is named video.mkv. This was a contol for me in older versions, when the complete source folder was visible in the VIDEO section. Now it is the temp folder. Is this a bug or a feature?

Besides I love your tool. Great work.

Yoshi8765
6th August 2012, 01:34
I get almost the same error with v1.17.2
But my error says "floating point value" instead of "integer value."

Mediainfo of conflicting file.
http://pastebin.com/RGzbLwdh

Errors similar to this happens with other files I have, some wmv, some mp4, some others. The error always occurs while/after demuxing audio. :scared:

Still happens with v1.17.3...
Any suggestions, Atak?
Thanks for the awesome software, btw.

Zenophobe
9th August 2012, 03:15
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4114/ripbot.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/ripbot.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

trying my first DE encode form BR to mkv... I have all the programs open firewall turned off I can see the shares on both pc's but when i hit start it just encodes like normal. I have changed the ini to 1....

Zenophobe
9th August 2012, 03:35
[settings]
// TEMP=uses System temp ; C , D ... uses specific partition
StoreTempFilesin=C
KeepJobsQueue=1
---------------------
DefaultProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . Progressive
DefaultEncodingMode=CQ
DefaultModeValue=20
---------------------
//Directory must exists!!! D:\movies\ is correct but D:\movies is incorrect!
DefaultOutputPath=desktop
---------------------
// allowed values are mp4 , mkv , bluray , mkv-divxhd
DefaultContainer=mkv
---------------------
// in GiB (1GiB=1024 MiB) , 0 = no splitting
SplitM2TS=0
---------------------
FastFirstPassin2passMode=1
---------------------
//AnyDVD DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray decryptor will be automatically activated with RipBot264
ExecuteAnyDVD=0
---------------------
//Blu-ray subtitles will be converted to SUB/IDX format for .mkv container. Smaller size and better compatibility with some players.
ConvertSUPtoSUB=1
---------------------
x264LowPriority=1
---------------------
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. up to 10% faster encoding speed.
Usex264x64=1
---------------------
// Supported input formats AVI / MP4 / MKV / DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-ray
UseDistributedEncoding=1

my .ini file is the same for both pc's.. both are 64 bit windows 7 versions. 1.17.3 ripbot versions as well.

Atak_Snajpera
9th August 2012, 09:34

Zenophobe
9th August 2012, 20:02
deleted

cgp-2k9
9th August 2012, 22:27
Just thought I say thank you for RipBot264... it has helped me a lot all these years...

Furiousflea
10th August 2012, 00:52
Fresh install of Windows 8 RTM build...

Ripbot264 encounters an error in avs2avi.exe when loading some mkv video with VC1 encoded video inside, some work some don't. I just did "The Mask" earlier and that did work, although the first 3-4 seconds of video once encoded has some glitches in it akin to bad digital tv reception.

Never experienced this before, got rid of this before, just wondering if I'm missing something or need to set a different decoder in ffdshow or something?

Thanks.

EDIT - RESOLVED - Just needed to change the decoder to libav from wmv9 in ffdshow video decoder settings.

Atak_Snajpera
10th August 2012, 09:55
I can only assume that means I've shown something stupid.. If so please point out the obvious..

it seems that forum after update has some bugs while posting (blank posts)

but back on topic. delete ripbot264temp folder.

defalopii
10th August 2012, 17:36
Distributed Encoding doesnt work with source like this:
On Distributed Encoding enabled its encode like on Distributed Encoding when disabled
Using latest RipBot264, Latest update of Windows 7 64 bit

General
Complete name : D:\Sample-23552-HS.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 1.41 GiB
Duration : 1h 35mn
Overall bit rate : 2 115 Kbps
Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2540/release

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Simple@L1
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Codec ID : FMP4
Bit rate : 1 722 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 264 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.425
Stream size : 1.15 GiB (81%)
Writing library : Lavc52.116.0

Audio
ID : 1
Codec ID : 2000
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Stream size : 262 MiB (18%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms

Atak_Snajpera
10th August 2012, 17:51
can you send me 50 mb sample to www.mediafire.com

Zenophobe
12th August 2012, 14:18
I've disabled Distributed Encoding in my ini file but the Encoding Client still opens when i start an encode? I don't want to process in chunks as i'm getting atrifacts on the final product.

Atak_Snajpera
12th August 2012, 17:15
you have to refresh created job. (edit -> Done)

Zenophobe
12th August 2012, 17:36
you have to refresh created job. (edit -> Done)

Thank you!

any ideas on how to help with the re-stitching of the file to prevent artifacts? Get skips in video when i use the DE client.

Also does ripbot scale beyond 12 threads?If i remember my old i7-980 wouldn't max out... I'm using an i7-3770k now so only 8 threads and it is fine... Just looking for faster encodes.. About 22-24fps with default 4.0 settings BD - mkv.. Core audio and auto crop CQ 20.. Looking for original audio and good balance of size and quality as all data is on DS-410 NAS..

Atak_Snajpera
12th August 2012, 19:05
you will have to send me sample of original video file (dropbox or mediafire). i need to see if i can reproduce the same artifacts. if source is bd movie then cut out 10 min from video.mkv. this file will be in c:/temp/ripbot264temp/jobx

mmg.exe from mkvtoolnix folder will help you to create proper chunk. chunk
must start from very begining.
regarding cpu usage. in de mode you can activate addictional server so two x264 encoders will be running on single machine.

slalom
12th August 2012, 20:46
How can I activate this?

Added: Multiple Encoding Servers can be activated on single PC (Maybe usefull if for some reason CPU usage is not at 100%)

Zenophobe
12th August 2012, 23:06
How can I activate this?

Added: Multiple Encoding Servers can be activated on single PC (Maybe usefull if for some reason CPU usage is not at 100%)

I believe you just click the server icon again and your server ip will be xxx.xxx.x.xxx:1000 for first and xxx.xxx.x.xxx:2000 for second and so on.

Chudz
14th August 2012, 12:54
Just trying to encode The Dark Knight bluray to MP4 with RipBot264 and the input file is 1920x1080 but the output file I get is 1916x1080. Everything in the properties section is left as default so there is no cropping. I checked the video.mkv file in the jobs folder and that was correct but after encode is crops a bit for some reason?

Atak_Snajpera
14th August 2012, 16:42
post jobx.avs

giobbi
15th August 2012, 15:59
Hi, thank you for RipBot264, the only tool that gives a playable result on my mkv capable Blu-Ray player and on my Media Player!

there is a way to remove the 10,000 msec limit on the audio delay? I'm trying to replace the original ENG audio track with the italian AC3 track I got from an old .avi file, and I need to put 25750 msec delay (the original .avi was clipped). I also tried to manipulate the script file, but the result is
unplayable. :confused:

I can do it with MkvMerge, but this tool doesn't provide a playable result on standalone players like LG players or other MKV player with usb port. Ripbot does, but I can't set correctly the delay.
More: it seems that RipBot264 doesn't keep the delay of the original input file. When the original mkv has an audio delay, RipBot264 will produce an out of sync AV file.

Can you remove the 10000 msec audio delay limit?
Can you keep the original delay the input file has?

thank you!

Atak_Snajpera
15th August 2012, 16:31
you can add delay in ac3 with tool called delaycut. use google.

nameless.character
15th August 2012, 19:29
Hello! Everyone...
Firstly, I must say RipBot264 is a fantastic program.
Being new to encoding, I would really appreciate if someone could answer my few "novice" questions below or point me in the right direction in case the question has already been answered previously (Any repetition is not intended):

1) Is it possible to edit the display location of subtitles to the absolute bottom of the 1920x1080 frame rather than having them where the blu-ray author/publisher intended?

2) Is it possible to add custom resize options that always maintain the original aspect of the input while still providing a given frame size (such as a 1920x872 video in a 1920x1080 frame), which is otherwise shrunk to 1920x816 by RipBot as it tries to bind to the closest standard, i.e. 2.35:1.

3) 200% Normalization fixes the problem of the volume being too low, but does not eliminate lows and highs to a point where (personally) I could do without volume adjustment thru a whole movie. So, is it possible to additionally "volume-level" the audio so that very high variation is corrected and volume need not be repeatedly turned up and down during playback?

4) Is there a fixed overhead in MP4 files which I should account for in bitrate calculations to ensure that the file does not exceed a specified size? (I do realize that there is a "lock size" option but it invariably results in a file smaller than expected/targeted. I tried 4314 kbps VIDEO + 320 kbps AUDIO = 4634 kbps TOTAL so as to ensure that the total file size for any encode is such that I can fit 12 hours of video on a 25GB blu-ray Single Layer Disc which has an exact capacity of 23,866 MiB, but the file size was a few MB more than the theoretically calculated size).

5) Is there any tuning that I need to do or is it normal for "Placebo" preset encodes to take nearly upto 42 hours for a feature of 178 minutes (2 hours 58 minutes) length. (Profile High @ Level 4.0).

6) Is there a way to enter/edit the Meta Data of a feature, such as Title, Year, Director, Producer, Cast, Plot Summary, etc. from within RipBot? Later editing corrupts the mp4 file and makes it un-playable. Also, can metadata be sourced and added to the mp4 file from the likes of tagchimp in a way that does NOT lead to file corruption?

7) Is there a standard size for a “cover” to be embedded into the mp4 file? Why does the “cover” put into the file by RipBot not show on Mediainfo (even though the extra-large icon view in Windows shows the cover art)?

8) Although reported as 6 channel audio on MediaInfo & in agreement with the settings at the time of encoding, the Sony receiver (amplifier) I have connected indicates the source as being only 2 channel audio. What is the fix for this (I have it connected via the "Audio Optical" port)?

9) Is there a way to drop both video and audio in the first and last few seconds of a feature to remove any blank/black frames with no audio? For example, have RipBot encode from frame 100-9990 of a 10000 frame source.

10) For a specific encode, part of the video seems to "twitch" at times in multiple places? That is to say, a group of pixels repeatedly move a bit and revert to their correct position. Is this a known issue? Does it have a fix?

11) RipBot seems to take very long to demux from a blu-ray source. Is there an alternative? Or a way to speed it up?

12) Is there a way/tweak to permit "Copy Stream" in Video Encoding Settings (like in audio). (Say there is a blu-ray feature with audio in 2 languages, the only need is for the 2nd language audio to be encoded and muxed with the already encoded video encoded along with the 1st audio language.)

13) Is it possible to encode audio to AAC VBR when using an MP4 Container? That too at bit rates higher than the 320 kbps option in the drop down audio options list?

Thank You.

fantasmanegro
15th August 2012, 19:56
@nameless.character

LUKE... user the @search force... located at upper right of the forum

slalom
15th August 2012, 21:31
5) Is there any tuning that I need to do or is it normal for "Placebo" preset encodes to take nearly upto 42 hours for a feature of 178 minutes (2 hours 58 minutes) length. (Profile High @ Level 4.0).

Are you using a PII or a PIII??

You have to use other programs for some extra features you want

Oh and, while we are here, last chunk from my latest job is from 201600 to 228504, almost twice the normal size (15000)
Is this OK?

And I've gone back to .2
.3 has some issues regarding servers who don't respond and some mising auxiliary files

nameless.character
16th August 2012, 00:17
@fantasmanegro
Thank you for stating the obvious, but all of these questions are ones that I was unable to find satisfatory answers to, atleast concerning RipBot. I do not dispute that the answers may be there, hence the request to help me find them.
(As for using the search force: The Dark Side of the Force has clouded the the search jedi's vision, my friend).

@slalom
It is a i7-990X, so culprit is not the CPU. The problem only exists on the "Placebo" preset. "Default" preset completes the same job in under 5 hours. The "Placebo" preset also causes the computer to stutter in other simple workloads like browsing even though I have set "low priority" in RipBot.

zanaitoryoushi
16th August 2012, 08:48
...*****....

Atak_Snajpera
16th August 2012, 10:28
all this filtering just for crappy psp display??? (480x272 plus insane ghosting due to ultra slow response time)

i also have psp-1000 so i know how it looks.

fantasmanegro
16th August 2012, 15:01
@fantasmanegro
Thank you for stating the obvious, but all of these questions are ones that I was unable to find satisfatory answers to, atleast concerning RipBot. I do not dispute that the answers may be there, hence the request to help me find them.
(As for using the search force: The Dark Side of the Force has clouded the the search jedi's vision, my friend).

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

that was a really GOOD ONE!!...

:goodpost:

but really, the answers are in the thread... you just need to read for a while, maybe not only this one but other threads too...

fantasmanegro
16th August 2012, 15:44
well, i dont know all the answers but there you have...
maybe atak or other user can help you too...

------------------------
1) Is it possible to edit the display location of subtitles to the absolute bottom of the 1920x1080 frame rather than having them where the blu-ray author/publisher intended?
A: i guess bdsup2sub can help here

2) Is it possible to add custom resize options that always maintain the original aspect of the input while still providing a given frame size (such as a 1920x872 video in a 1920x1080 frame), which is otherwise shrunk to 1920x816 by RipBot as it tries to bind to the closest standard, i.e. 2.35:1.
A:may this feature require to use black borders to keep the original AR like you want, but you can use resize custom x,xx:1

3) 200% Normalization fixes the problem of the volume being too low, but does not eliminate lows and highs to a point where (personally) I could do without volume adjustment thru a whole movie. So, is it possible to additionally "volume-level" the audio so that very high variation is corrected and volume need not be repeatedly turned up and down during playback?
A:maybe the audio decoder of the video player can do that or maybe editing the cmd file before start encoding (jobx_encodingaudio.cmd)

4) Is there a fixed overhead in MP4 files which I should account for in bitrate calculations to ensure that the file does not exceed a specified size? (I do realize that there is a "lock size" option but it invariably results in a file smaller than expected/targeted. I tried 4314 kbps VIDEO + 320 kbps AUDIO = 4634 kbps TOTAL so as to ensure that the total file size for any encode is such that I can fit 12 hours of video on a 25GB blu-ray Single Layer Disc which has an exact capacity of 23,866 MiB, but the file size was a few MB more than the theoretically calculated size).
A: filesize is not very accurate in any all-in-one encoding tool as far as i know...

A:placebo preset is the slowest one and not recomended to use...

6) Is there a way to enter/edit the Meta Data of a feature, such as Title, Year, Director, Producer, Cast, Plot Summary, etc. from within RipBot? Later editing corrupts the mp4 file and makes it un-playable. Also, can metadata be sourced and added to the mp4 file from the likes of tagchimp in a way that does NOT lead to file corruption?
A:for this you need to check mkvtomp4 tool at forum

7) Is there a standard size for a “cover” to be embedded into the mp4 file? Why does the “cover” put into the file by RipBot not show on Mediainfo (even though the extra-large icon view in Windows shows the cover art)?
A:maybe mediainfo bug but i do not use covers so i do not really know about it

8) Although reported as 6 channel audio on MediaInfo & in agreement with the settings at the time of encoding, the Sony receiver (amplifier) I have connected indicates the source as being only 2 channel audio. What is the fix for this (I have it connected via the "Audio Optical" port)?
A:sony can answer this...

9) Is there a way to drop both video and audio in the first and last few seconds of a feature to remove any blank/black frames with no audio? For example, have RipBot encode from frame 100-9990 of a 10000 frame source.
A:nop with ripbot

10) For a specific encode, part of the video seems to "twitch" at times in multiple places? That is to say, a group of pixels repeatedly move a bit and revert to their correct position. Is this a known issue? Does it have a fix?
A:maybe video decoder bug/unsupported

11) RipBot seems to take very long to demux from a blu-ray source. Is there an alternative? Or a way to speed it up?
A:sorry i have no bluray drive

12) Is there a way/tweak to permit "Copy Stream" in Video Encoding Settings (like in audio). (Say there is a blu-ray feature with audio in 2 languages, the only need is for the 2nd language audio to be encoded and muxed with the already encoded video encoded along with the 1st audio language.)
A:hhmmmm copy stream for video nop... and two audios nop...again edit cmd file... (jobx_muxfiles.cmd and jobx_encodeaudio.cmd)

13) Is it possible to encode audio to AAC VBR when using an MP4 Container? That too at bit rates higher than the 320 kbps option in the drop down audio options list?
A:3rd... edit cmd file... again... (jobx_encodingaudio.cmd)

Thank You.
A:you are welcome...

nameless.character
16th August 2012, 19:30
@fantasmanegro
I shall give all your suggestions a try. Thank You for the help.

In other things, I was really hoping to get some support on question 10:

I can upload the file to anyone who can help. It completely ruins the encode as these specific parts look comical at best.
Strangely this happens with only the one movie, "The Sound of Music". There is no problem with the 70 odd encodes RipBot has done flawlessly for me.

Thank You.

Atak_Snajpera
16th August 2012, 19:58
do you see the same artefacts in ripbot (PREVIEW SCRIPT)?

if answer is no then there is something wrong with your player. btw what player do you use?

giobbi
16th August 2012, 23:04
you can add delay in ac3 with tool called delaycut. use google.

It worked! Many thanks!!

fantasmanegro
16th August 2012, 23:39
@fantasmanegro

I can upload the file to anyone who can help. It completely ruins the encode as these specific parts look comical at best.
Strangely this happens with only the one movie, "The Sound of Music". There is no problem with the 70 odd encodes RipBot has done flawlessly for me.

Thank You.

it can be many things unsupported codec, video decoder bug, bad decrypting, hdd bad sector...

zanaitoryoushi
17th August 2012, 04:58
all this filtering just for crappy psp display??? (480x272 plus insane ghosting due to ultra slow response time)

i also have psp-1000 so i know how it looks.

hehe ikr, but i want to make movies more clear in the psp by trying out those filters, so did i do them right then? (regarding the arrangement), also thank you for the reply Atak..

Chetwood
17th August 2012, 07:11
@Atak_Snajpera

I've been searching this thread but came up empty so here it goes:

- how do I add an audio profile when I want to encode to mp3?
- how do I edit an audio profile, say change the 2.0 FHG AAC-LC to 64 kbit mono?

Every time I use 2.0 FHG AAC-HE 64, Ripbot stops encoding. Thx.

Destructabomb
19th August 2012, 22:25
Upon advice of Atak_Snajpera im attempting to use this program to encode some videos but im getting no output file whatsoever. Anyone have any fixes for this ?. Using Win 7 x64 built

Mounir
20th August 2012, 01:13
I have a problem with java i have installed yet it says not installed , i'm on win7 x64

flebber
20th August 2012, 01:55
You installed 64 bit java and it expects 32.

Mounir
20th August 2012, 03:17
I have tested on my other computer with win7 x86 and have no problem with java although i have problems later with ffdshow when i add the video ripbot bug big time.I'll retry tomorrow

nameless.character
20th August 2012, 05:31
@Mounir
You need to install both 64-bit AND 32-bit JAVA on an x64 system. They run entirely independent of each other.
As I understand it, since you probably only have the x64 version installed, when RipBot queries for JAVA x86 it turns up with a "Not Installed" answer.

nameless.character
20th August 2012, 05:54
do you see the same artefacts in ripbot (PREVIEW SCRIPT)?

if answer is no then there is something wrong with your player. btw what player do you use?

Sorry for the delayed response, it took me a while to migrate to Windows 8.

1) I do not see any artefacts on the preview.
2) For testing playback, I used WMP, VLC and also streamed to a PS3 via Twonky.

Some other observations I made:
The input video is extremely grainy (very fine grains). Possibly due to the fact that the movie is very old and grains offer a sharp appearance.
During encoding the low bit rate probably does not allow for the accurate reproduction of the small noise/grain and results in motion related artefacts ("twitching").
To test this theory, I also encoded another feature at very low bit-rate and it resulted in even bigger portions of the frame "twitching".

Now I do realize that pushing up the bitrate would probably be the easiest solution, but I am intent on encoding at 4314+320. The fact remains that there are much lower bit-rate encodes out there which although are lower on quality, still do not have any motion artefacts (twitches).

With this background, any help on how to optimise settings/presets would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Atak_Snajpera
20th August 2012, 09:31
Upon advice of Atak_Snajpera im attempting to use this program to encode some videos but im getting no output file whatsoever. Anyone have any fixes for this ?. Using Win 7 x64 built

see logs folder in ripbot264 directory

Mounir
20th August 2012, 17:43
After downloading Java 7 (x86) i could finally make it work , i get 18.25 fps total with 2 computers (Pentium 4 2 ghz / pentium 4 3ghz HT), SD ntsc PSP encoding/audio copy stream

I will try with my other two that should make a big difference

This page helped me a lot:
http://www.thehtpc.net/htpc-tips-and-tweaks/ripbot264-distributed-encoding/

N1ghtjar
21st August 2012, 12:00
Hello,

I have decided to upgrade from 1.16.5 to the latest version.
I am now noticing that the originating file name is showing as video.mkv instead of blahblah.m2ts for example

My older version did not do this, am I missing any plugins?

Appreciate any advise

Atak_Snajpera
21st August 2012, 13:11
I am now noticing that the originating file name is showing as video.mkv instead of blahblah.m2ts for example

this is the name of demuxed file

N1ghtjar
21st August 2012, 13:19
I understand its the demuxed file but it never used to do it, what has changed?

Also could you add the option on future updates to allow lossless audio, I can never get the calculations quite right when adding the audio after encoding

Atak_Snajpera
21st August 2012, 13:41
Also could you add the option on future updates to allow lossless audio, I can never get the calculations quite right when adding the audio after encoding
nope...

flebber
21st August 2012, 13:50
I have seen people doing that lossy video + lossless audio I don't understand why lossy+lossless? AAC at 320 sounds great, and you are going for compression otherwise you wouldn't lossy the video. MSU + Flac that would seemingly make more sense.

mgadallah
21st August 2012, 17:34
well, I've been advised by other people in this forum and other forums to try this tool but it seems that no one can give me a simple direct answer for my issue.
So I will post it here and I hope to be able to find an answer:
We are working with my oown business and it is a small media production company located in Egypt with short term contracts with local TV Channels and we are recording the original stream using PCI satalitte cards then do video editing to cut off commercials and un wanted parts then upload two copies one to its associated youtube channel and the other one to the local tv channel server website.
so we do edit the .ts or .mpeg-2 file to do crop and cut then do the encoding to .mp4 using the h.264 codecs ... that is all
So the more speed encoding I do the better business I can do.
So how can I make the best use of this software?
I used to use WinAVI to do the encoding but quality was not good as VidCoder and file size for WinAVI was big and not that small as VidCoder. This is the only reason for my questions, but you really can not imagine how much it is mandatory important to have a very fast time for encoding, I understand that it is not your business and I may be bothering you with all these details but even using core i7 2600k with nvidia gtx geforce 550 ti 2 gb can not make the encoding time fast.
But please let me ask if using another hardware may help or it does not matter?
The file with WinAVI is being encoded in 2 minutes while with VidCoder it is 7 or 8 minutes, and I really do want to use the VidCoder because of the quality and size.

fantasmanegro
21st August 2012, 18:01
Vidcoder uses Handbrake and handbrake is slower than x264 (RipBot uses x264) in my experience...

winavi... hmmm... DO NOT USE IT!...

about speed... talking about 264 encoders... better quality mean long time encoding... but x264 is very optimized and for the users it uses presets and tunes to make life easy as possible...

flebber
22nd August 2012, 04:28
@mgdallah to get the best encode and speed only encode to the spec/quality you want and disable anything else. If you advised settings and output you require resolution/ bitrate & quality / hard ware support etc maybe can help more

Chetwood
22nd August 2012, 06:18
I have seen people doing that lossy video + lossless audio I don't understand why lossy+lossless?
I think it's pointless too, however why not give the option to add any audio profile so people could go for it? I mean, I'm still waiting for Atak to answer these questions (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1587378&postcount=11652).

Atak_Snajpera
22nd August 2012, 10:22
you really want to use mp3 format from 1993 when we have alot more efficient aac from 1999??? it does not make sense for me.

he-aac 64kbps works for me everytime.

Chetwood
22nd August 2012, 11:36
Would it make sense to you when I said I would still hope for an editing function to go from AAC stereo to mono since the source is mono?

slalom
22nd August 2012, 22:48
I think it's pointless too, however why not give the option to add any audio profile so people could go for it? I mean, I'm still waiting for Atak to answer these questions (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1587378&postcount=11652).
I agree, (although I would never keep an LPCM stream) It's just an option.
Oh, and the second audio, sometimes I need to include a second stream (not me, everyone of us!!)

Mr Alpha
24th August 2012, 12:13
Feature Request: If encoding a video where the source has Color primaries, Transfer characteristics and Matrix coefficients tagged in the source stream tell x264 to also add those tags to the output stream.

Mounir
24th August 2012, 20:34
Has anyone tried ripbot parallel encoding possibilities with complex avisynth filters ?
I was thinking of a scheme like this: avi file-> avisynth(complex script) > avs2avi > ripbot > parallel encoding (lossless preferably)
Would this work ?

Also what about lossless video encoding support in ripbot (huffyuv/lagarith), would it be difficult to implement it ?

thanks for your answers

Atak_Snajpera
24th August 2012, 21:19
ripbot264 is a gui for x264. however x264 also supports lossless encoding.
regarding complex filtering. so far i can confirm that vsfilter likes to crash in de mode. i won't be surprised if someting goes wrong while using QMTC or something similar. you will have to see whether it works for you or not.

nameless.character
25th August 2012, 03:21
Further to the video "twitching" problem as stated on my previous posts, I have found that eliminating the "Sharpen(0.2)" parameter improves the results to a good extent. It seems that video that is already very grainy does not do well with additional sharpening that is applied by RipBot as a default.

Another thing I found while looking at the scripts is that RipBot forces a downmix to 2ch audio even if a 5.1ch profile is selected. Here is what the script looks like:

#DownMix
Import("E:\RipBot264v1.17.3\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\DownMixAudio.avs")
audio=DownMix2Stereo(audio)

As per the guides and forum posts I have read, this should only be the case when selecting a 2ch audio profile even when output is to an mp4 container.

Should I remove this portion from the script and encode to get true 5.1ch audio within the mp4? Will the audio no longer work on a PS3 if I do so? :confused:

Thank You.

Atak_Snajpera
25th August 2012, 11:10
Should I remove this portion from the script and encode to get true 5.1ch audio within the mp4? Will the audio no longer work on a PS3 if I do so?
if you select 5.1 then you will get 5.1. You can verify file after encoding with mediainfo.

nameless.character
25th August 2012, 12:45
Although mediainfo states 5.1ch content in the output mp4, the sound does not play back the same as the original DTS-MA track. I was just wondering what would happen if I were to remove the downmix part from the script.

Thank You.

Atak_Snajpera
25th August 2012, 13:40
PS3 does not support 5.1 AAC. It probably downmixes on fly to stereo.

8ternity
25th August 2012, 17:02
Hi Atak,

After reformating my pc, i've install everything with the new version 1.17.3; and im getting that error:

"Application Error"
Exception EConvertError in module Ripbot264.exe at 0000949A. " is not a valid integer value.

That error happen after demuxed everything and before Gathering informations... Happen with many mkv hd contents.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks.

**UPDATE // EDIT***
I think i've found the error. Was i've wrote 2-Pass in settings. Does the setting name is "2 Pass" or "2-Pass" ?

mgadallah
25th August 2012, 20:12
Please why I get this error:
http://i.imgur.com/KnZ9ll.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/KnZ9l.png)

Atak_Snajpera
25th August 2012, 20:17
see ripbot264 distributed encoding tutorial on youtube

rc71
26th August 2012, 05:56
you really want to use mp3 format from 1993 when we have alot more efficient aac from 1999??? it does not make sense for me.

he-aac 64kbps works for me everytime.

Ah Atak...

You have to realize that if there are hundreds of millions of Americans that don't believe in evolution, there are going to be people who don't believe in AVC and AAC.
I just had that same discussion that apparently good small AVC is impossible. He only walked away after I challenged him to a 75% compression ratio and a poll to see if the quality was there.

rc71
26th August 2012, 06:04
I agree, (although I would never keep an LPCM stream) It's just an option.
Oh, and the second audio, sometimes I need to include a second stream (not me, everyone of us!!)

I would suspect that is because everyone who talks to Atak about this tries to convince him of their point, vs, I'm stupid, but can you add this anyway.

Regardless, if that's what you really want it, merge the audio yourself, don't ask, DEMAND, the author of a free program that makes encodes a breeze, to add another piece that someone will find a bug in.

Personally, if you have the money to buy an audio system that can fully utilize a 2gb freaken DTS blah blah audio file, then you can pay someone to add that freaken feature for you.

Browser404
26th August 2012, 10:12
The distributed encoding is an impressive touch, no doubt it will help many people.

Though I was wondering about another feature, could you make it possible to pause the endcode, this would be really helpful for me and probably many others. Or if not pause at least let us stop the second pass and restart it later without having to do the first pass again.

This would help me so much, some of the movies I'm encoding take 12 hours per pass (even on an i7) and I'm sure you can imagine having a PC tied up for 24 hours straight is problematic.

Since you've implemented distributed encoding that may even make adding a pause feature easier.

Please consider this, it would really help with very large encoding jobs.

As always thanks for the program :)

see ripbot264 distributed encoding tutorial on youtube

Oh, I'm not sure if you maybe meant to put a link to a video in that post, if you did I think you forgot ;)

Atak_Snajpera
26th August 2012, 11:22
Or if not pause at least let us stop the second pass and restart it later without having to do the first pass again.
In DE mode you can resume from last encoded chunk. (first pass or second pass)

Mounir
26th August 2012, 23:29
Please why I get this error:
http://i.imgur.com/KnZ9ll.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/KnZ9l.png)

You have to share the RipBot264temp folder so your main pc (where you launch ripbot) can access it
it is located in C: > temp

Assuming you run windows7, once RipBot264temp is located, right click on it > share with > specific people > everyone (add write/read options for this group) > share

Chetwood
27th August 2012, 06:17
You have to realize that if there are hundreds of millions of Americans that don't believe in evolution, there are going to be people who don't believe in AVC and AAC.

So what? I'm neither American nor creationist.

I would suspect that is because everyone who talks to Atak about this tries to convince him of their point
And I suspect, it makes sense to be able to encode a mono stream to mono AAC. That's why I asked if Atak could add an option to add audio profiles.

Honusnap
28th August 2012, 11:16
Hi all,

I'm using Ripbot for some month now, thanks for this simple and very efficient tool :)
Two things, that turns to be problems to me :
- The fact that Ripbot automatically demux audio from files is in my case useless and time consuming an option to disable this behavior would be cool.
- From time to time a file is encoded but will not appear in the destination folder... no error, file is just not there. If there is only one file to be compressed i can use the "video.264" file and mux it myself and everything is ok. The real problem is when there is multiple files in the queue, in this case the next compression will trash the "video.264" file and the whole previous compression is lost. I can see no errors ..

Did some of you experience this kind of problems ?

Thanks,

slalom
28th August 2012, 13:41
Check the log file for errors (there are errors)

Honusnap
28th August 2012, 14:24
Yeah, right.. i was looking for logs in the temp folder..
The error in this particular case is : :)

Error: Unknown chapter file format in 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job33\chapters.txt'. It does not contain a supported chapter format.

- Chapters.txt contain :

Error: (mkvextract) The file 'D:\Multimedia\- ToDo\Manual\vÚritÚ - 1997.mkv' could not be opened for reading (No error).

- Well the file is in this folder, perhaps the fact that i have some accents in my filename .. ?

Strange cause i have tested the command
mkvextract chapters 'D:\Multimedia\- ToDo\Manual\vÚritÚ - 1997.mkv' > Test.txt

And it simply generate an empty text file that is ok since there is no chapter in this file.

==> Not good to trash the "video.264" after a so "small error"... Chapters is not good => No chapters in the destination file

slalom
28th August 2012, 18:43
I agree with you, video.264 should be kept in temp/jobx directory in case of error.
Maybe Atak should change the path, like audio is saved in jobx directory

RipBot don't like accents, edit them before encoding

Mounir
28th August 2012, 22:10
I have a little problem with this ripbot it seems parallel encoding work ok with an AVC /.mp4 source (taken from youtube) but when i try with an mpeg2/.ts source nothing happen on the client machine, only the host machine encode.What could i do wrong ?

Atak_Snajpera
28th August 2012, 22:27
have you read note in ripbot264.ini?

flebber
29th August 2012, 00:36
Atak would you consider adding a simple sharpening option to Ripbot say a drop down with two options

Sharpen Film = LimitedSharpenFaster
Sharpen Animation = ToonLite

?

Mounir
29th August 2012, 01:07
have you read note in ripbot264.ini?

Yes i have read it, it says:
// Supported input formats AVI / MP4 / MKV / DVD / HD-DVD /

So in essence i would have to make my .ts a .vob since ripbot support "dvd" apparently,I will try ..

I've tried with avi lossless as file input, it don't work so far

Atak_Snajpera
29th August 2012, 09:09
using lossless in de mode may not be the best idea due to extremally high bitrate. streaming to multiple servers most likely will choke your hdd and network. i forgot to mention that not all codecs are supported in de mode. basicaly if ripbot does not detect video codec (no icon) then normal mode is activated.

mpeg2 ts i would remux to .mkv . also make sure that stream does not have any error!

Honusnap
29th August 2012, 10:10
Atak would you consider adding a simple sharpening option to Ripbot say a drop down with two options

Sharpen Film = LimitedSharpenFaster
Sharpen Animation = ToonLite

?

Just my my way of using Ripbot, not saying THIS is the way.
I never use any options inside Ripbot, i've builded three profiles in ffdshow
- Anime
- Film - Normal
- Film - Heavy
=> Normal / Heavy refer to filters use in each profile.

The profile is automaticaly loaded when x264.x64... is the launcher of the ffdshow process.

So the only thing i've got to do is tweak my profile in ffdshow, i can directly visually see the effect of each profile modification... then choose the profile that is going to be used by the x264.x64 process, kind of "default filter for the x264.x64 process"

The quality is very very good !

fantasmanegro
29th August 2012, 15:06
@Honusnap

cloud you share the info profile or screenshot?

Honusnap
29th August 2012, 20:14
@Honusnap

cloud you share the info profile or screenshot?

Here is a screenshot of the ffdshow window
There is not the 3 profiles i talked about, there are four in this case, i was testing new settings.

defalopii
30th August 2012, 12:32
I do not know if this happens only to me, or the others have same experienced.
If i encode a video using Distributed Encoding with CQ Mode, all 8 Encoding servers active, the video result always messed up.
Says when ripbot encode chunks from 1,2,3,4,5 than when it muxed the final result will be 1,3,2,4,5 or random.
As i can see, when using CQ Mode, ripbot produce hundreds of chunks while on 2Pass Mode its only teen chunks at max.
Maybe this is bug on ripbot when it Combining Chunks. ripbot maybe confusing when combine hundreds of chunks so cant combine it sequentially

Atak_Snajpera
30th August 2012, 16:49
exactly how many chunks? you say hundreds so this might be something above 300. win 7 or grandpa nt 5.x?

defalopii
30th August 2012, 17:41
its about 150 chunks
using win 7 64 bit
have tried many source, mp4, mkv, x264, h264, xvid, BluRay and DVD, all same the final result messed up.

Atak_Snajpera
30th August 2012, 18:19
show me content of CombineAllChunks.cmd

MWD1001
31st August 2012, 06:28
My media player doesn't support proper playback of subtitles (I know it's my own personal limitation, but I'm sure it's a common flaw in a bunch of media players), and I don't want to lose video quality by burning them in directly. Is there any way to "burn in" forced subtitles to the video stream without spending the time commitment to re-encode which results in loss of quality (whether it's noticed or not)? I normally strive for 1:1 lossless quality on all my video/audio files but I can't seem to figure out how to do this when I need to include forced subtitles. It's a shame I have to re-encode a movie sometimes for just one or two lines of forced subtitles. If RipBot had a way to burn in subs without re-encoding the video that would make this a complete tool. Can it be done?

Honusnap
31st August 2012, 09:19
My media player doesn't support proper playback of subtitles (I know it's my own personal limitation, but I'm sure it's a common flaw in a bunch of media players), and I don't want to lose video quality by burning them in directly. Is there any way to "burn in" forced subtitles to the video stream without spending the time commitment to re-encode which results in loss of quality (whether it's noticed or not)? I normally strive for 1:1 lossless quality on all my video/audio files but I can't seem to figure out how to do this when I need to include forced subtitles. It's a shame I have to re-encode a movie sometimes for just one or two lines of forced subtitles. If RipBot had a way to burn in subs without re-encoding the video that would make this a complete tool. Can it be done?

1 - 1:1 loosless quality is no achievable without a mega heavy bitrate, a "like original quality" meaning the differences are diffcult to notice, is meet with a CQ near 18 (i generally use 20 for 720p and 22-24 for 1080p)
Its like wanting to make your car lighter, you can get out the seats, doors, windows... but at a point it would be very difficule to shave weight ! => same thing to achieve 1:1 copy it's a "limit", mathematicaly speaking, that is very difficult to achieve. (well if your video is a white blank screen for an hour it can be easy to have it with a low bitrate .. :) )

2 - Mux the video stream, the audio stream AND the subtitle stream into an mkv container => look for mkvmerge => you can choose witch subtitle will be forced. What is your multimedia player ? Cause they work pretty well with subtitles in general... perhaps your subs are badly formated ..

defalopii
31st August 2012, 11:17
CombineAllChunks.cmd
copy /b "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\2.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\3.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\4.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\5.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\6.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\7.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\8.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\9.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\10.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\11.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\12.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\13.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\14.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\15.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\16.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\17.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\18.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\19.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\20.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\21.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\22.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\23.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\24.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\25.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\26.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\27.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\28.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\29.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\30.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\31.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\32.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\33.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\34.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\35.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\36.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\37.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\38.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\39.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\40.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\41.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\42.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\43.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\44.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\45.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\46.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\47.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\48.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\49.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\50.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\51.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\52.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\53.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\54.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\55.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\56.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\57.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\58.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\59.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\60.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\61.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\62.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\63.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\64.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\65.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\66.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\67.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\68.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\69.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\70.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\71.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\72.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\73.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\74.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\75.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\76.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\77.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\78.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\79.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\80.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\81.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\82.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\83.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\84.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\85.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\86.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\87.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\88.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\89.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\90.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\91.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\92.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\93.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\94.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\95.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\96.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\97.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\98.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\99.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\100.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\101.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\102.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\103.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\104.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\105.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\106.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\107.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\108.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\109.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\110.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\111.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\112.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\113.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\114.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\115.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\116.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\117.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\118.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\119.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\120.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\121.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\122.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\123.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\124.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\125.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\126.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\127.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\128.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\129.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\130.264" + "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\job1\Chunks\131.264" "\\Defa-PC\Ripbot264temp\video.264"

I also just found that the audio and video on final result is out of sync

Atak_Snajpera
31st August 2012, 12:43
everything seems to be in order. Windows copy command is doing something wrong on your pc then.

defalopii
31st August 2012, 14:22
so what should i do, this always happen when using CQ Mode on Distributed Encoding

poolshark2014
1st September 2012, 00:09
I'm trying to convert some MKV files to MP4 for use on Xbox 360 Slim but was wondering if there was a way to make the audio encode higher than 128kbps 2 channel? The reason I ask this is because audio seems a bit soft at this bit rate and am used to using the higher audio bit rate of the PS3 encodes.The reason I want to encode for Xbox 360 rather than PS3 is due to some Movie files containing Cinavia which Xbox 360 doesn't detect. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. By The Way Ripbot is the only program I use and will probably ever use. I simply love how easy it is to use.

Trayman
1st September 2012, 05:30
everything seems to be in order. Windows copy command is doing something wrong on your pc then.

vjoin should work for this purpouse also and you would get a progress indicator.

//Trayman

Honusnap
1st September 2012, 10:14
I'm trying to convert some MKV files to MP4 for use on Xbox 360 Slim but was wondering if there was a way to make the audio encode higher than 128kbps 2 channel? The reason I ask this is because audio seems a bit soft at this bit rate and am used to using the higher audio bit rate of the PS3 encodes.The reason I want to encode for Xbox 360 rather than PS3 is due to some Movie files containing Cinavia which Xbox 360 doesn't detect. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. By The Way Ripbot is the only program I use and will probably ever use. I simply love how easy it is to use.

Perhaps the problem is elsewhere cause AAC 128kbps 2.0 is very difficult to distinguish from a higher bitrate (let's say 256kbps)
Perhaps the problem is in the chain you use decoder/coder ....
I'm using eac3to to convert my AC3 to m4a/aac and by using a quality factor of 0.35 i generally get near 256Kbps audio streams (5.1 channels), depends on the complexity, and this is a very good audio quality. To be precise, the Lf, Lr and LFE channels are not as used as the Lf, Lr and Cent so you can't divise 256kbps by 6 and suppose that 42kbps is sufficient for a mono channel.
Some ... let's say "releasers"... use 92Kbps/24Khz 2.0 aac with a surprisingly good quality !

g0th1ckn1ght
1st September 2012, 14:24
I was just wondering, using Ripbot, is there i way i can have the entire Bluray (menus and all) as a single file (mt2s or mkv). Storage space is not an issue, and with some movies i have had trouble having forced subs embedded in the file with optional soft subs (for when i want to watch the movie at low volume) and i want the quality to remain unchanged.

Thanks in advance

Phaex
3rd September 2012, 07:52
@g0th1ckn1ght
You can always put your files inside a .rar files. Otherwise, you need to use mkvmerge to mux all the video and soundtrack together. p.s. I have not tried this yet, tell me if it works. For the subtitles, it depends on which video layer you use. You can either select them in kmplayer or the Haali media splitter icon on the task bar if you are using haali.

k, now to my question. Anyone has idea how to put in custom avisynth file commands? whenever I tried to import my own .avs file, the distributed encoding does not start.

Honusnap
3rd September 2012, 10:00
I was just wondering, using Ripbot, is there i way i can have the entire Bluray (menus and all) as a single file (mt2s or mkv). Storage space is not an issue, and with some movies i have had trouble having forced subs embedded in the file with optional soft subs (for when i want to watch the movie at low volume) and i want the quality to remain unchanged.

Thanks in advance

The only way of doing this, retaining quality, retaining menus... is copying the Blueray...

You can also use the DvdFab serie of softwares to shrink it / reorganize the bluray

chosenone
3rd September 2012, 12:35
Hi m8;
thanks for the great program.

My question is server max pc limit.
is it 1 main + 7 side

Or

is it 1 main + 8 side

BTW new version of MKWToolkit 5.8.0, ffmpeg 2012-09-03,
VSFilter 2.41.5887 is out and you probably know that....

Phaex
3rd September 2012, 20:05
Hi m8;
thanks for the great program.

My question is server max pc limit.
is it 1 main + 7 side

Or

is it 1 main + 8 side

BTW new version of MKWToolkit 5.8.0, ffmpeg 2012-09-03,
VSFilter 2.41.5887 is out and you probably know that....
It uses 8 nodes, it does not matter which computer you run it from. Basically if you enable the cluster encoding, ripbot does not encode the video itself. Instead, it transfer the job to encoding client; Therefore, you will be using all and just the nodes listed in the encodingclient.ini file

zanaitoryoushi
4th September 2012, 04:14
anybody knows how i can fix mp4box?

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="amp" -fps 23.976 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\1_audio_Undetermined.aac":lang=und:delay=0 -mpeg4 -chap "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -new "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder\amp.mp4"

The system cannot execute the specified program.

flebber
4th September 2012, 07:05
anybody knows how i can fix mp4box?

C:\>"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="amp" -fps 23.976 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\1_audio_Undetermined.aac":lang=und:delay=0 -mpeg4 -chap "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -new "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder\amp.mp4"

The system cannot execute the specified program.Take it out of your administrator folder and into a user directory.

slalom
8th September 2012, 19:25
Something strange

I was away and when I returned, I found this
On a list of 15 chunks, I found chunks 1-3 & 15 encoded, while currently encoding 4-6. It is the second pass with 3 servers.

Is this "normal"??

Atak_Snajpera
8th September 2012, 20:27
no it is not normal.
i can only assume one scenario .
some chunks probably hung at starting.. stage. i've added code in past to resume those dead chunks. ofcourse i may be wrong about that and something else could go wrong.

slalom
8th September 2012, 21:10
The file has errors in the end, obviously the last chunk. Will do it again tomorrow with 2 servers only

prexaspes
9th September 2012, 01:35
Haven't been on in a while. I've been using RipBot for a few years now, and I just switched over to the new distributed encoding version and I have to say, it's outstanding. At first I was wondering where I would get drones to run the encoder on, but then I remembered my stash of broken screen laptops from home and work. Encoder farm, cheap and low space. I put them all on their own segment with my QX6800 SSD / big RAID array providing the content. Everything is running XP Pro, smoothly. Add in Interframe AviSynth for 60FPS encoding and life is good. Thank you for making a great product better, and still free.

Lehm
9th September 2012, 20:02
This is a great tool. However I can't get the distributed rendering to work. I have UseDistributedEncoding=1, and I'm pretty sure I've got all the other settings correct as specified in the tutorial video. However when I hit start, the encoding client does not load, it immediately starts encoding locally.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought the encoding client was supposed to pop up right away. Turns out it does something else first then shows up. All is good now.

slalom
9th September 2012, 21:01
The file has errors in the end, obviously the last chunk. Will do it again tomorrow with 2 servers only
All got well with 2 servers, don't know how..

Hobbe
10th September 2012, 08:50
Atak: Thanks for a great program!..
But a feature request. A checkbox for vbr aac audio? Right now I edit the .cmd file before start the encode.
And maybe some "help text" with the denoise filter. Hard to know what values to use and when.

Atak_Snajpera
10th September 2012, 10:23
for audio vbr is not that very important. vbr is more useful for video.

regarding denoising filter. increase mono noise value in order to eliminate film grain. if your video also contains color noise then increase color noise value. i can't give you magic numbers because every source is diffrent and requires diffrent treatment. you will have to experiment a little bit.

rc71
10th September 2012, 13:10
So what? I'm neither American nor creationist.

And I suspect, it makes sense to be able to encode a mono stream to mono AAC. That's why I asked if Atak could add an option to add audio profiles.

I didn't do a very good job of making my point. your right about that, the evolution thing was suppose to be a two things, a play on words that things evolve and the second is shear numbers.

The second point stands. You have thousands of users, even if legitimate, you can't have Atak adding individual features. I still have tons of issues with AC3 and mono tracks, but apparently I'm the EXCEPTION so I let it be with a mention here and there. It's not that I don't have a real issues, but it's not one for everyone so you can't expect or shouldn't expect Atak to deal with it. That's all I'm saying.

Lynx_TWO
10th September 2012, 18:29
Hey, so, since AAC in bit-depth independent, would you possibly be able to let the software feed the FHG encoder the full 24-bit signal by default, instead of dithering down to 16 bit first? Basically the BluRayExtractStreams.cmd would default to -24 instead of -down16, right? There is no point in dithering to 16-bit for a bit-depth independent codec. Here is another interesting read about this fact... http://images.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/docs/mastered_for_itunes.pdf

Hobbe
11th September 2012, 06:57
for audio vbr is not that very important. vbr is more useful for video.

regarding denoising filter. increase mono noise value in order to eliminate film grain. if your video also contains color noise then increase color noise value. i can't give you magic numbers because every source is diffrent and requires diffrent treatment. you will have to experiment a little bit.

Yeah I know that's not that important. But a nice feature :)
Why don't you allow to copy ac3 audio stream when using mp4 container?

gbear
11th September 2012, 13:32
i keep getting the same demuxing error 50% of the time:

eac3to v3.24
command line: "C:\Users\mark\Desktop\RipBot264v1.17.3\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "E:\Manhatten\MANHATTAN_AC_RENTAL\" 1) 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\audio_English.dtsma.w64" -down16 8: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\8_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 9: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\9_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 10: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\10_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 11: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\11_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 12: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\12_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 5 subtitle tracks, 1:54:51, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 16 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 (strange setup) channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS-ES, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
4: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, Portuguese, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), French
11: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
12: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
CAUTION: Decoding this track with ArcSoft results in low volume. <WARNING>
Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\chapters.txt"...
[s08] Extracting subtitle track number 8...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[s11] Extracting subtitle track number 11...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[s12] Extracting subtitle track number 12...
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
[a03] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a03] Reducing depth from 24 to 16 bits...
[a03] Writing W64...
[a03] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\audio_English.dtsma.w64"...
[s09] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\9_subtitles_English_1080.sup"...
[s10] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\10_subtitles_French_1080.sup"...
[s12] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\12_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup"...
[s11] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\11_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup"...
[s08] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\8_subtitles_English_1080.sup"...
[a03] Writing the destination file failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 21523070976. <ERROR>

I have to hard drives, C and E. I tried placing the temp folder in either of them with the same result.

Thanks.

Chetwood
11th September 2012, 16:12
for audio vbr is not that very important.
Hydrogenaudio.org would beg to differ.

You have thousands of users, even if legitimate, you can't have Atak adding individual features.
Of course I can, why else would he have a thread to discuss his tool? Maybe my suggestion is worth considering cause it's beneficial to many people (e.g. those of us who encode with 2 or more audio streams, be it other languages or director's comments), maybe he wants to keep up with the competition, maybe not.

While it's possible that he is not interested in a feature or due to the sheer number of requests overlooks a question (like mine about how to encode a mono source to mono), I'm not going to find out if I don't ask, am I?

Lehm
11th September 2012, 20:57
Encountered a new problem with Distributed Encoding. Did a search and didn't see anyone with the same problem.

Occasionally one of the chunks will get stuck at "Starting". Now I've found that I can manually hit the off button for that machine at the bottom and then on again and it starts up no problem. The issue is if you're not watching it and this happens your encode will never finish. Would it be possible to have a timeout so that if a machine hasn't made any progress after x minutes it will automatically restart that chunk?

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2012, 21:06
you should just leave it. i've added code in past which tries to restart dead chunks. personally i have not had any issues so far.

Lehm
11th September 2012, 21:19
I did leave it. The last encode I attempted, I had to leave for three hours. I came back and chunk #2 was stuck at starting. All the other chunks had finished on pass 1.

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2012, 21:24
you are using latest version and all servers are also updated ,right?

Lehm
11th September 2012, 21:32
Yep all machines have 1.17.3

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2012, 21:35
what servers show when you get that last dead chunk.

Lehm
11th September 2012, 21:39
what servers show when you get that last dead chunk.

Do you mean what does the output window on the stuck encoding server show? If so I'll have to wait until it happens again, didn't think to look at it.

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2012, 21:47
yep. i want to know if server encoded that dead chunk but didn't return progress to client.

gbear
12th September 2012, 02:34
Can someone help me with the reason I keep getting the "failed to write the destination file error"?

12th September 2012, 04:11
Can someone help me with the reason I keep getting the "failed to write the destination file error"? Is it a rented disk?

Shamans09
12th September 2012, 10:38
Hi, I want to thank you for this great powerfull encode program. It's best on the market. I am a loyal user since v1.11.5! thx..

Shamans09
12th September 2012, 12:38
yep. i want to know if server encoded that dead chunk but didn't return progress to client.

In my case I think answer is: server is encoding a chunk and returns progres to client and in midle of that process, something goes wrong and connection between 'server part' of client's EncodingClient.exe and server's EncodingServer.exe froze, so chunk is dead and lost. Server is frozen and it can't be pressed Off button. Also running EncodingServer.exe window on remote machine is frozen, and I can shut it down only by force (by killing process). I have notice that behavior only on latest version of RipBot. I believe this was caused by: increasing priority level from low/.../above normal to high or falling of network (home group) connection between client and server. (??) but I'm really not an expert... To solve this issue I must end EncodingClient.exe and both EncodingServer.exe (client's, server's) in task manager. then start encode again, wait for audio complete again, and then encode video (thankfully!!! from latest good chunks). If you could do something with this weird freezing, it would be great, so I can only OFF/ON in EncodingClient window, because this is killing me (my time).

gbear
12th September 2012, 12:56
Is it a rented disk?

No. I got it from my friend.

Lehm
12th September 2012, 13:09
Encoded all last night and didn't run into the problem. Whenever it happens again I'll post about it.

However I did run into another issue.

I was checking one of my encodes this morning. I noticed it jump at one point. At first I thought it was just a playback issue on my computer so I played that section again jumped in exactly the same way. I then noticed the time was exactly 10:00. On a hunch I went to 20:00 there was a similar jump. I opened it up in Media Player Classic so I could go frame by frame. At the 10:00 mark the video will slightly jump forward a few frames, it then holds that frame for 3 frames. Same thing every 10 minutes, basically everywhere chunks are put together. I checked I a few more files and it affects all of them.

Has anyone else reported this?

Atak_Snajpera
12th September 2012, 13:14
Upload 11min test sample of ORIGINAL FILE! mmg.exe should help you to prepare proper sample. file send to www.mediafire.com

@Shamans09
It will be very difficult because I can't force my encoding servers to hang :(

Shamans09
12th September 2012, 13:35
I need some help here, please.
when the ripbot was muxing a file, my computer completely lost power. so when I turned on again, encoding prosess start from begining not from last chunk/muxing. I have all chunks. I need only to join them. How can I do that? Is that possible? or I must start again.

Atak_Snajpera
12th September 2012, 13:39
click on CombineAllChunks.cmd and then Click on Jobx_MuxFiles.cmd

Lehm
12th September 2012, 17:05
Upload 11min test sample of ORIGINAL FILE! mmg.exe should help you to prepare proper sample. file send to www.mediafire.com

Hmmm. Not sure I want to upload them. They're rips of hddvd's and I don't want to send copywrite material. They're just the evo files straight off the disc. Plus since its happening to all of them its probably not a file issue.

I think a better question, does anyone else get this or is it just me?

If its just me I can deal with it, its only a 1/8sec pause every 10 min.