PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

burt123
25th May 2012, 13:20
Added: AVI, MP4 and MKV can also be used in Distributed Encoding Mode.

I was using DE the other night, and I had a few jobs queued up, (not in a batch) and when it came to convert an .avi to AVCHD, and an .mpg to .mkv, it reverted back to "normal" encoding.

Am I missing something ???

slalom
25th May 2012, 15:14
How can I enable 10bit encoding?
In .ini I haven't seen a switch.
Check the options under profile

BTW I did some 10bit encoding and the colors are all wrong, somehow distorted. There are artifacts here and there, D.E. was not used.
Why did that happen?

Atak_Snajpera
25th May 2012, 15:18
update your player. works fine on mpc-hc + ffdshow

Atak_Snajpera
25th May 2012, 15:19
I was using DE the other night, and I had a few jobs queued up, (not in a batch) and when it came to convert an .avi to AVCHD, and an .mpg to .mkv, it reverted back to "normal" encoding.

Am I missing something ???

where do you see mpg as supported input format in de mode?

slalom
25th May 2012, 17:26
update your player. works fine on mpc-hc + ffdshow
problem fixed with update of mpc-hc, thanks

burt123
26th May 2012, 01:37
where do you see mpg as supported input format in de mode?

That's just it, I don't see it being supported.

Do you plan to support it in upcoming version's ??

woecarlson
26th May 2012, 07:42
Hopefully this is just a really stupid/obvious question, but I have sampled this today with producing a few MKV files. Unfortunately, after I run them through the tsMuxer to make Blu-ray folders for burning the video comes out PAL instead of NTSC. Is there a setting I can change to flip it out of PAL mode?

Thanks!

woecarlson
26th May 2012, 08:07
Upon further review, turns out the source file was the culprit (PAL). Now my question is...is there way either through RipBot or other software to convert the source file from PAL to NTSC?

BigM
26th May 2012, 17:10
i've just updated to 1.17.1 and noticed, that the denoise filter has changed.
are there any recommendations which values to set for "mono noise" and "color noise"?
i know, the best way is try and find out, but if you could get me just a range to start experimenting with, would be helpful.
for what kind of movie do you use which settings?

Atak_Snajpera
26th May 2012, 19:09
you decide how much denoising is needed for your movie.

Ryushin
26th May 2012, 22:36
i've just updated to 1.17.1 and noticed, that the denoise filter has changed.
are there any recommendations which values to set for "mono noise" and "color noise"?
i know, the best way is try and find out, but if you could get me just a range to start experimenting with, would be helpful.
for what kind of movie do you use which settings?

I denoise most of my blu-ray movies, with the exception of the cleanest sources, denoising helps with the compression a lot. My personal preferences with expected size ratio:

I run most everything on CRF 20. Exceptions would be absolutely pristine sources that don't need any denoising at all. I aim for about 5-6 GB per 2 hour movie in 2.35:1 aspect ration. 1.85:1 should be about 20% larger or so due to it having more data.

On good sources with only a bit of noise, I'll usually just run 2 and 2. Slightly noiser, 4 and 4. Once a source has a lot of grain, I may be in 4 and 6, or 6 and 8. I've only had once to go with 10 and 12 due to a old Clint Eastwood western.

When there is a bunch of grain, it's best to leave the Mono two points down from the Chroma. HQDN3D can actually take four values in input, and it will analyze adjacent frames to try and take out the noise. Atak is right about the temporal options of 3 and 4 will start to cause a weird ghosting on some sources.

A few pages ago I posted what I found out about HQDN3D. It's a very high quality and powerful filter. I also provided links so you can read up on it. Please see this link to the post:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1573501#post1573501

BigM
27th May 2012, 09:34
I denoise most of my blu-ray movies, with the exception of the cleanest sources, denoising helps with the compression a lot. My personal preferences with expected size ratio:

I run most everything on CRF 20. Exceptions would be absolutely pristine sources that don't need any denoising at all. I aim for about 5-6 GB per 2 hour movie in 2.35:1 aspect ration. 1.85:1 should be about 20% larger or so due to it having more data.

On good sources with only a bit of noise, I'll usually just run 2 and 2. Slightly noiser, 4 and 4. Once a source has a lot of grain, I may be in 4 and 6, or 6 and 8. I've only had once to go with 10 and 12 due to a old Clint Eastwood western.

When there is a bunch of grain, it's best to leave the Mono two points down from the Chroma. HQDN3D can actually take four values in input, and it will analyze adjacent frames to try and take out the noise. Atak is right about the temporal options of 3 and 4 will start to cause a weird ghosting on some sources.

A few pages ago I posted what I found out about HQDN3D. It's a very high quality and powerful filter. I also provided links so you can read up on it. Please see this link to the post:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1573501#post1573501

thanks for that information!
that's just what i was looking for!
saved me a lot of time trying.

Wishbringer
27th May 2012, 09:39
How can I enable 10bit encoding?
In .ini I haven't seen a switch.
you are joking right?
Check the options under profile

Thanks, misunderstanding created by separate exe files of x264 (8bit and 10bit).
So I thought, there must be somewhere a switch to choose one of them (like 64bit settings which are in ini, so my my thoughts were consequent).
Didn't know that that is recognized over profile settings too (my knowledge was, that these settings are only passed to exe without further parsing).

BigM
27th May 2012, 09:43
can you tell me what's causing this error? i've updated from 1.17.0 to 1.17.1 yesterday. before i've never had that error. job was created with 1.17.1.
I've searched the forum for this error, but haven't found any like this since the release of 1.17.1.
i have already successfully encoded one movie, so it might as well be a problem with the source-files. i will check them with 1.17.0 again.
but perhaps you already know what's the problem.
what stands that second value "0%" anyway? haven't seen this second value before.

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-05-27_102816qi728.jpg

EDIT:
Recreated the job with 1.17.1 again, tried two more times, got the error again but now at 8%:
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-05-27_110527hwcs6.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-05-27_111137y0ddc.jpg

will now try with 1.17.0

EDIT:
same movie seems to work with the same settings in 1.17.0. very strange.

Atak_Snajpera
27th May 2012, 16:49
ryushin
film grain is mainly monochromatic so why do you also use chroma filtering? color noise is more prevelant in digital cameras.

Ryushin
27th May 2012, 17:32
ryushin
film grain is mainly monochromatic so why do you also use chroma filtering? color noise is more prevelant in digital cameras.

I did not know that. Learn something new every day.

Ryushin
27th May 2012, 17:42
But are not the new movies filmed with digital recorders? What are you thoughts then. Chroma will can make banding. I guess it would be best just to run a few test runs, with Chroma and without.

Lighto
27th May 2012, 17:53
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, I have been experiencing avisynth stack overflow errors recently with the scripts generated by RipBot.
I have looked through the scripts generated but found nothing fishy.

The error mainly occurs when I attempt to do multiple seeking through the script during preview with resize and hardsub options.
In the past, the video will freeze awhile before playing as per normal when I seek.
Now, the avisynth stack overflow error message will appear in MPC after multiple seeking of the script.

I need some advise as of what could be the cause of it.
Encountered the error with the MPC included in RipBot package with avisynth 2.5.8.5/2.6 MT(2.6.0.3).

TIA! :)

Solution:
Reinstall avisynth!
I guess playing around with QTGMC and avisynth 2.6MT screwed up something.

Atak_Snajpera
27th May 2012, 18:10
But are not the new movies filmed with digital recorders? What are you thoughts then. Chroma will can make banding. I guess it would be best just to run a few test runs, with Chroma and without.

film grain/noise is added in post proccess . look at 300 movie.

Ryushin
27th May 2012, 19:24
film grain/noise is added in post proccess . look at 300 movie.

I hate it when they do that. It's like they take this great looking movie, and then destroy it. They did the same with Miami Vice. Why using a new medium and purposely add the flaws from the old medium that it replaced. Some people are way to attached to grain.

PlayoffBeard
28th May 2012, 06:27
I recently did a rip of a movie, and used auto crop, custom [x:xx;1] and I did a couple others and it never happened, but there's points fduring the movie where under the "frame" it goes purple (and I've seen green once). I re did it 2 or 3 times, and it keeps doing it... Any ideas what caused this?

http://i50.tinypic.com/of5zxv.jpg

I even went and checked the source, although confident it wasn't there, and it was not...

igorgladunyak
29th May 2012, 01:58
Atak_Snajpera
How to update x264 in RipBot264?

soneca
29th May 2012, 04:42
Rename the new version and replace...

christiebunny
30th May 2012, 20:33
I love the fact that Ripbot264 handles multiple subtitles - although I wish it'd preview blu-ray SUP subs so I can tell what language each is :p

Is there ANY plans to support multiple audio tracks as well, please?

Atak_Snajpera
30th May 2012, 20:50
select subtitles under permanent subtitles and then click preview. this is how i do it.

BigM
30th May 2012, 20:56
Any suggestions for my problem, yet?

can you tell me what's causing this error? i've updated from 1.17.0 to 1.17.1 yesterday. before i've never had that error. job was created with 1.17.1.
I've searched the forum for this error, but haven't found any like this since the release of 1.17.1.
i have already successfully encoded one movie, so it might as well be a problem with the source-files. i will check them with 1.17.0 again.
but perhaps you already know what's the problem.
what stands that second value "0%" anyway? haven't seen this second value before.

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-05-27_102816qi728.jpg

EDIT:
Recreated the job with 1.17.1 again, tried two more times, got the error again but now at 8%:
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-05-27_110527hwcs6.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-05-27_111137y0ddc.jpg

will now try with 1.17.0

EDIT:
same movie seems to work with the same settings in 1.17.0. very strange.

Atak_Snajpera
30th May 2012, 21:10
search for ripbot 1.17.2 beta

Zorro70
30th May 2012, 23:53
Hi ATAK.

Any thoughts on adding the option to encode 3d SBS (side-by-side) or all other 3d options?
like BDtoAVCHD v1.7.7 has recently added?

( i know im asking a lot) ;-)

I have no idea how difficult or easy that would be for you, but it would be fantastic mate!!!!

I already have my own command line profiles for avchd so want to keep using ripbot , rather than your competitors poor in built encode settings :D

Either way thanks for keeping ripbot going, its amazing!!!!

sreemv
31st May 2012, 16:13
Is Virtualdub's frameserver "*.avi" supposed to work with Ripbot264? Tried 4 different versions of Ripbot and all of them failed with the same error:

"Cannot playback the file. The format is not supported"

Atak_Snajpera
31st May 2012, 17:07
make sure that uncompressed video decoders are enabled in ffdshow

MaistroX
31st May 2012, 20:57
Second Zorro70's request, would be awesome!!! :)

sreemv
1st June 2012, 00:08
I tried both "ffdshow-->VFW Configuration -- Decoder" as well as "ffdshow --> Video Decoder Configuration - Decoder" to support "RAW Video-- all supported" - Ripbot still cant open the "avi" from virtualdub's frameserver - any help would be appreciated.

apollon100
1st June 2012, 14:47
Hello
I have a problem with Ripbot264 1.17.1

When I open a video file, or if I change the audio piste, Ripbot264 shows "gathering information" during a very long time and block my PC.

I have ffdshow_rev4422_20120409 and Windows 7 64 bits.

Have you an idea to fix this , thanks ?

flebber
1st June 2012, 15:44
Hello
I have a problem with Ripbot264 1.17.1

When I open a video file, or if I change the audio piste, Ripbot264 shows "gathering information" during a very long time and block my PC.

I have ffdshow_rev4422_20120409 and Windows 7 64 bits.

Have you an idea to fix this , thanks ?

Is your firewall blocking it?

apollon100
2nd June 2012, 15:16
No it's not the firewall.

Even if I desactivate this, the problem continu.

Thanks for your answers

apollon100
2nd June 2012, 15:42
Issue resolved ! :rolleyes:

It's was probably a conflict with one of my other programs.
I have uninstall all and reinstall only ripbot264, java, avisynth, haali media spittler and ffdshow.

But I don't know what can occure this problem.

:thanks:

jwjohnson
3rd June 2012, 04:49
I add a few titles (Blu Ray) to the RipBot queue (not batch mode). After each has done it's analyzing and demuxing I change the title of the output file (.mp4) and make sure my encoding settings are correct and select appropriate forces subs to be burnt in. When I press the Start button it sits on "Please Wait...." for a 45 minutes or more. I can't really see anything that the program is doing during this time. The appropriate job folder in the Ripbot Temp folder doesn't seem to change or get anything added to it. I've searched the thread and haven't really found any helpful info. I do not have normalize audio selected. I'm using WIndows 7 64 bit with an AMD phenom II x4 CPU at 3.0 GHz. I get between 10 and 14 fps when it is encoding. I am using distributed encoding with a couple of other machines. That gets me up to about 30 fps. But the "Please wait" is not effected by that and sometime just seems to go on forever. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd June 2012, 13:18
Do you re-encode audio? what audio codec did you select? Does this happen on other machines too?

jwjohnson
3rd June 2012, 15:58
I'm encoding audio to AAC 128. As far as I can tell, I'm using the libavcodec. I installed it on a different machine. With a 1 hour 46 min Blu Ray it displayed "Please Wait..." for only about 5 minutes, then did the audio encode and then started the video encode. It's a slower machine so I'm only getting about 7 fps.
It looks like it's the install on my main machine. I think I'll delete everything and start over. I am running BD-Rebuilder on my main machine. I has switched to ffdshow 3882 for compatibility with that. I wonder if that is the issue. Before deleting everything, I'll go back to ffdshow 4422 first and see if that fixes things.

fantasmanegro
3rd June 2012, 16:25
Does anybody knows if Batch mode auto rename files if destiny is source directory?...

Atak_Snajpera
3rd June 2012, 17:09
yes. Btw. you can check yourself with some copied video test files to be sure.

jwjohnson
3rd June 2012, 18:01
The program now seems to work better up to a point on my faster machine. The video encoding was going along fine up to about the 30% mark when I started getting these errors. I can't find a log file (It doesn't seem to create one until the process finishes), but maybe these messages will help figure out what's going on. Thanks for your help.

http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12796&d=1338742644
http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12797&d=1338742660
http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12798&d=1338742703

solis0001
4th June 2012, 07:53
I have no idea if this is even remotely possible:

I'd like to have an option to output in 3D AVCHD. I understand that it's possible to up/convert 2D AVCHD.
Is this something that can be incorporated into RipBot, or is this just a pipe dream?

It would be awesome.

Atak_Snajpera
4th June 2012, 08:49
3D image contains information for two eyes. (image is shifted for each eye) . Up converting 2D to 3D is like upconverting mono soundtrack to stereo. Impossible.

Zorro70
5th June 2012, 01:36
how about 3d blu rays to 3d avchd???

side by side would be nice for starters ;-)

New 2011 standards allow for steroescopic 3d avchd , time for an update???

can we also have the otion to use dual audio atak also

thanks mate!!!!

MaistroX
6th June 2012, 09:16
I Second The 3DBD to 3D mkv SBS! :)

fantasmanegro
6th June 2012, 17:32
for 2d to 3d you can use avisynth script... is arroud the net google it...

nst6563
7th June 2012, 01:39
Is there a reason that the HD tracks (DTS-HD and TRUEHD) tracks cannot be 'x-copied' like the standard AC3/DTS tracks? Why force the conversion of TRUEHD to FLAC?

nekrosoft13
7th June 2012, 03:44
Siema Atak

Just wanted to report that I keep having the issue when .ts file is loaded into ripbot and re-encoded audio always is out of sync. if i remux the TS into m2ts audio is fine.

All my files are .ts, and remuxing all files, is just really not convient.

I tried using the bath encoding and loaded bunch of .ts files all of them came out with audio out of sync.

so i tried to load m2ts files into bath and noticed that batch will not take m2ts files, instead it wants to mts files.

renaming m2ts to mts and loaded them into ripbot resulted with files with no audio.

Atak_Snajpera
7th June 2012, 11:45
Most likely video stream does not start from key frame. In this case you have three options:
1) remux to .m2ts
2) cut off everything before key-frame (I-Frame) in Transport Stream Packet Editor
3) manually adjust audio delay directly in ripbot264

NLA
9th June 2012, 00:06
The supported files which can be added for a batch job differ from those that can be added individually (specifically, I'm referring to .m2ts decrypted blu-ray support). I've been waiting for some kind of batch functionality for years, and now that its here, I can't really use it. :( And shouldn't the batch menu have some more options for what to do with audio, ie. wave, FLAC, core, etc?

P.S. What happened to the encoder settings menu? Used to be full of fantastic, easy-to-change options, and now its basically a textbox with a button to open a text file? Bit of a step backwards, isn't it?

Bumping my unanswered post. :confused:

qbass
9th June 2012, 20:01
Hi,

Great app, thanks for that!

My things:

* bug? Using <SOURCE_FOLDER>\ in batch mode gives "Access violation" message for me.

* feature: ability to load batch list from file or even edit this list/richbox. To be able to use output of "dir /b /s C:\PHOTOS\*.mpg" as source of batch list.

* feature: ability to rotate movie with radiobuttons ratcher than using "Open the video file in RipBot, click on "properties", "show script" and add "video=turnleft(video)" or "video=turnright(video)" before "return video"."

* feature: ability to use creation time of source file as same in output file.

* feature: ability to keep some meta information from source file, like Tagged date

* bug: ripbot cannot find audio stream in .wma file created with ms movie maker, audio from mediaInfo:
Format : WMA
Format profile : Pro
Codec ID : 162
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional - 128 kbps, 48 kHz, 2 channel 16 bit (A/V) 1-pass CBR

Once again thanks for app, it is just great.

fantasmanegro
10th June 2012, 22:59
Hi,

* bug? Using <SOURCE_FOLDER>\ in batch mode gives "Access violation" message for me.

i second this...
the same thing happened

Atak_Snajpera
11th June 2012, 09:36
record your desktop with camstudio and send video to www.mediafire.com

Chetwood
11th June 2012, 11:45
Just tried Ripbot on a 50 FPS PAL test clip that I tried to reduce to 25 FPS by "assuming 25 FPS". After encoding to x264/AAC/MKV the file was twice as long, played back in what appeared to be slow motion and had no sound despite an AAC stream being present. Is it possible that Ripbot has problems with FFV1/WAV in AVI as source? Also, how can I add my own audio profile and how about a button in the GUI to view the log of the last job? Thx.

ozok
11th June 2012, 12:33
@Atak_Snajpera you can use madExcept to track down these kind of errors (Access violation etc). It is free for non-commercial purposes and supports many Delphi versions AFAIK.

Atak_Snajpera
11th June 2012, 15:55
Just tried Ripbot on a 50 FPS PAL test clip that I tried to reduce to 25 FPS by "assuming 25 FPS". After encoding to x264/AAC/MKV the file was twice as long, played back in what appeared to be slow motion and had no sound despite an AAC stream being present. Is it possible that Ripbot has problems with FFV1/WAV in AVI as source? Also, how can I add my own audio profile and how about a button in the GUI to view the log of the last job? Thx.

video=selecteven(video)

Atak_Snajpera
11th June 2012, 16:01
@Atak_Snajpera you can use madExcept to track down these kind of errors (Access violation etc). It is free for non-commercial purposes and supports many Delphi versions AFAIK.

cool. thanks.

Chetwood
12th June 2012, 07:03
video=selecteven(video)
Wow, took me some searching to find where to put this. Anyway, when I select "2.0 FHG AAC-HE 64 kbs (CBR)" as audio output, I'm getting

Error: The source file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac' could not be opened successfully, or retrieving its size by seeking to the end did not work.

Selecting "2.0 FHG AAC-LC 96 kbs (CBR)" however works although in both cases the same audio file is used?

soneca
12th June 2012, 20:05
New version, thanks Atak! http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/thumbsup.gif

8ternity
13th June 2012, 01:55
HI Atak,

Encodingclient.exe his detected has false positive from Nod32 5.0.XXX and delete when download is completed.

I will try to submit that file to eset and give explanations.

soneca
13th June 2012, 02:04
The same thing happened here, I had to disable the Nod to complete the download.
Sent for analysis but so far no answer.

defalopii
13th June 2012, 13:20
i have share the RipBot264temp, but still getting error RipBot264temp is not shared! Auto closing...
please any detail documentation how to use RipBot264 distributed encoding ??

Atak_Snajpera
13th June 2012, 13:46
have you watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHcjxsGiI4&feature=g-upl

benjyv
13th June 2012, 15:03
I'll wait the next version cuz this one couldn't be DL-ed, at leats at me gaves errors:(

defalopii
13th June 2012, 15:10
have you watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHcjxsGiI4&feature=g-upl

Yes, i am using Windows Server 2003
Have 4 server on different data center, but i cant make it work for RipBot264 Distributed Encoding

Atak_Snajpera
13th June 2012, 15:44
can you open \\computer-name\ripbot264temp from servers side ?

nst6563
13th June 2012, 17:37
I'm having a similar problem with my setup. Ripbot doesn't auto-close, however all the encoding clients cycle with a message stating "x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'
encoding terminated.

I've checked the temp folder and it's shared correctly. I can access it from the remote computers. I've even turned off all firewalls. Same errors.

Any hints?

All systems are i7, 8-16gb ram, Win7 Professional, and this latest version of ripbot.

Atak_Snajpera
13th June 2012, 19:00
close ripbot

disable x264 x64 in ripbot264.ini

usex264x64=0

remove old job and create new job again

defalopii
14th June 2012, 02:16
still not work..
RipBot264temp is not shared! Auto closing...
can you give me detaill documentation about this Distributed Encoding ??
should i install ripbot on each of my 4 servers that spread on 4 countries?
and how to determine where should be the server and the client ??

Ryushin
14th June 2012, 07:47
still not work..

RipBot264 distributed encoding only works on the local LAN. Not over the Internet. You have to understand that you are transferring very large chunks of data.

Shrekage
14th June 2012, 16:01
still not work..

@Defalopii:

If you watch the video demonstration of distributed encoding, you will see that you have to share the ripbot264temp folder on the machine running ripbot264. on EACH client, you must be able to connect to \\computer\ripbot264temp.

While this can work on the internet, it is not secure unless you run it inside of VPN's like I did.

The problem you will then run into is bandwith. you need ALOT of bandwith because you are transferring VIDEO files to EACH server to be transcoded, then you are transferring them BACK to the client PC, this is VERY bandwith intensive, and usually, your uplink is slow enough that you get NO benefit from doing it this way...

Even with 5Mbit uplink it was still too slow to use that way.

Shrekage
14th June 2012, 16:02
Hi Atak,

loving the 8 servers now! Thanks for that!

Is there any way to have the encoding server start on screen instead of in the tray? maybe a command line option?

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
14th June 2012, 16:07
shrecage could you write some guide how to use de via internet?

regarding encoding server i thought that auto hiding to tray would be less anoying for user.

8ternity
14th June 2012, 16:38
Bug to latest version:

Exception EConvertError in module Ripbot264.exe at 0000949A.

" is not a valid integer value.

defalopii
14th June 2012, 16:56
Now i can connect the entire client server over the internet
But when start encoding i got this in every client server: Encoding Terminated
Whats wrong ??

Atak_Snajpera
14th June 2012, 18:08
how fast is your upload speed at home?

defalopii
14th June 2012, 18:22
my upload/download speed is about 50MB/s

Atak_Snajpera
14th June 2012, 18:39
can you open shared folder from server side?

Adub
14th June 2012, 19:45
8ternity, it will help Atak if you give steps to actually reproduce your bug report.

8ternity
15th June 2012, 00:01
I'Ve just click "add" choose the mkv file, it demuxed the audio and crashed.

Shrekage
15th June 2012, 00:57
shrecage could you write some guide how to use de via internet? .

as long as yuo can access the share on the client PC and you can connect to the server from the client, there should be no problem in regards to where in the world the server is. in my case, I have VPN's setup between 4 subnets between my house, my father-in-laws house, my office and a coworker's house. they are all private networks that I have routed with some old fortinet corporate firewalls lying around... I would not recommend snyone do this over the internet without using VPN tunnels between the networks/hosts. outside of the VPN setup, setting up ripbot is exactly the same as it is if you are on the same subnet (network).

regarding encoding server i thought that auto hiding to tray would be less anoying for user.

that's right, but a command line switch (something like executing encodingserver /f could bring it up unminimized.

I am working on making a windows PE image that I can pxe boot to my linux clients when I need that extra little effort and when you start the server inside of WinPE, you have no way to bring it up since there is no tray...

it's still WIP but when it's done I plan to create instructions for everyone...

jett2
15th June 2012, 13:09
Hi folks,
I wrote a little GUI to simplify the process of activating/deactivating the DE-feature for my clients. (Done with AutoIT).
http://www.digital-labs.de/download/RipBot/Distributed-Encoding.jpg
Just have a look at the self-explaining INI-file, where you have to change the name (or the IPs) of your clients.
Source-code included! (For those who don't trust an exe that needs admin-rights ;) )
Download here: http://www.digital-labs.de/download/RipBot/DistributedEncoding-activate.zip

Feedback welcome!

Atak_Snajpera
15th June 2012, 14:22
Now i can connect the entire client server over the internet
But when start encoding i got this in every client server: Encoding Terminated
Whats wrong ??

here is good guide how to setup VPN
http://www.pcworld.com/article/210562/how_to_set_up_vpn_in_windows_7.html

also don't forget to forward port 1723 in your router!

defalopii
15th June 2012, 14:31
I stuck here: Please Wait...Gathering information...
Video is .mkv format
All RipBot and parts using the newest update
Any help ??

Atak_Snajpera
15th June 2012, 14:31
see first post

Carpo
15th June 2012, 15:23
anyone else getting a warning from ESET about the EncodingClient.exe? It is saying it might be some new unknown heuristics virus, I have sent it for analysis as a false positive, as I have never had issues with RipBot before, also I am guessing this has been asked before, but could you add LAV filters to the allowed programs, so those of use who don't want to have haali or ffdshow can still use your program?

Atak_Snajpera
15th June 2012, 15:28
eac3to won't work without haali.

Carpo
15th June 2012, 15:30
guess eac3to needs updating then, will bug madshi :)

Atak_Snajpera
15th June 2012, 15:59
also haali media splitter works better for transport stream.

empty1969
15th June 2012, 17:18
Atak,

Can you add the option to create the temp audio and video file in the job folder?

Thanks

Empty

robf
16th June 2012, 03:10
Thanks for continued updates of your excellent tool!

I finally figured out that I needed the encoding server running on the remote machines in order to get distributed to work (which I might suggest adding to your video tutorial BTW).

Now that it is working however my remote server dies after about 3 minutes of encoding. And when I say dies, I mean the whole machine locks up and must be hard rebooted. Both the main and external server are running windowsx64.

Any suggestions on a good way to debug this?

Oh and another thing I observed is that it doesn't look possible to use 32bit windows machine as a remote server if the main machine is 64-bit.

-Rob

g0th1ckn1ght
16th June 2012, 07:41
I was wondering if the following features could be somehow implemented please:

What i would like to do with my mkv is leave the video untouched (don't care about about file size), mux audio AC3 (THD) or DTS (DTS HD) as well as have forced subs (foreign language subs that are forced in some parts of the movies e.g Avatar Na'vi language) as well as soft subs (while have forced subs still enabled).

Is this in anyway possible please.

Thanks you.

Atak_Snajpera
16th June 2012, 09:07
robf
looks like your pcs are overheating. run linx from first post to check if the same happens.

Atak_Snajpera
16th June 2012, 09:09
I was wondering if the following features could be somehow implemented please:

What i would like to do with my mkv is leave the video untouched (don't care about about file size), mux audio AC3 (THD) or DTS (DTS HD) as well as have forced subs (foreign language subs that are forced in some parts of the movies e.g Avatar Na'vi language) as well as soft subs (while have forced subs still enabled).

Is this in anyway possible please.

Thanks you.

use mmg.exe

defalopii
17th June 2012, 02:58
where i can edit x264 profile like in MeGUI ??
http://thumbnails41.imagebam.com/19675/297e39196740178.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/297e39196740178)

Or is there any way to import MeGUI's profile to RipBot264 ??

MWD1001
17th June 2012, 06:44
use mmg.exe

g0th1ckn1ght- If you use mkvmerge as Atak suggests, it's very tricky to get it to work with most media players and bluray players that support media files. I just spent 3 days testing this exact method of making lossless mkv files. Make sure in mkvmerge that header compression is off for both audio and video, but on for subtitles. Also, some bluray players and/or media players will not show or support subtitles with .sup or .idx/.sub format. I had to convert mine to .srt, and then in mkvmerge make sure I was using UTF-8. That was the only way I could my bluray player to show the subtitles through its media player support, and even then they were less than perfect. They show up in the black box below the film instead of overlaying the film like most sup/idx/sub subtitles do when watching natively from disc.

Another way to do this, and probably easier, is to just use MakeMKV. It makes lossless files from your source material. The only problem with this program when it comes to bluray sourced subtitles is the same old story where most, if not all, media players and bluray players fail to display the subs.

I've found the best way to deal with forced subtitles (like alien language from films, for example), is to spend the time commitment and hard re-encoded them into the picture using RipBot. Choose a very high 2-pass bit rate or very low CRF (something like 16 or lower) if you feel you want to get as close to the original bit rate of the native source. Overkill most likely, but you'll get visually close to lossless with the video.

robf
17th June 2012, 06:46
robf
looks like your pcs are overheating. run linx from first post to check if the same happens.

Thanks for that. I ran Linx and in fact it did fail. Upon further testing it isn't heat but dying memory. Off to buy some new memory...

Do you have a suggestion on how to run distributed with a mix of x64 and x32 machines? Is it as simple as setting Usex264x64=0 on the main machine?

Trayman
17th June 2012, 07:52
@robf I think you need to do that on all machines but other than that it's as easy as changing Usex264x64=0.

//Trayman

Chetwood
17th June 2012, 09:06
g0th1ckn1ght- If you use mkvmerge as Atak suggests, it's very tricky to get it to work with most media players and bluray players that support media files.
So from your experience with one BD player (by SONY, no less) you can draw this conclusion? Actually, it's the other way round: using MKVToolnix results in files playable on standalones. MakeMKV e.g. does not compress subs but mmg does by default so they do run on the WDTV LIVE.

Also, some bluray players and/or media players will not show or support subtitles with .sup or .idx/.sub format. I had to convert mine to .srt, and then in mkvmerge make sure I was using UTF-8.
Again no problem of MKVToolnix but of a crappy player.

They show up in the black box below the film instead of overlaying the film like most sup/idx/sub subtitles do when watching natively from disc.
No surpise there cause SRT is not bitmap but text and also the lowest common denominator that has no position information.

I've found the best way to deal with forced subtitles (like alien language from films, for example), is to spend the time commitment and hard re-encoded them into the picture using RipBot.
The best way to deal with is, is to spend the time otherwise wasted on encoding to search for a proper cheap standalone that supports standard sub formats like PGS.

Atak_Snajpera
17th June 2012, 18:01
Updated Encoding Client and Encoding Server

http://www.mediafire.com/?y11c652bwm1bwla

Added: Now it is possible to run multiple Encoding Servers on single PC. This may be very useful if for some reason CPU usage is not maximized on your system.
Added: EncodingServer.exe /show starts server with main form visible

http://i.imgur.com/vJCX3.jpg

KNOWN BUG
when one of encoding servers is being closed rest tend to crash (access violation message)

MWD1001
18th June 2012, 07:14
So from your experience with one BD player (by SONY, no less) you can draw this conclusion? Actually, it's the other way round: using MKVToolnix results in files playable on standalones. MakeMKV e.g. does not compress subs but mmg does by default so they do run on the WDTV LIVE.

Again no problem of MKVToolnix but of a crappy player.

No surpise there cause SRT is not bitmap but text and also the lowest common denominator that has no position information.

The best way to deal with is, is to spend the time otherwise wasted on encoding to search for a proper cheap standalone that supports standard sub formats like PGS.

Ouch. Thank you for politely taking me to the tool shed.

defalopii
18th June 2012, 14:19
Updated Encoding Client and Encoding Server

http://www.mediafire.com/?y11c652bwm1bwla

Added: Now it is possible to run multiple Encoding Servers on single PC. This may be very useful if for some reason CPU usage is not maximized on your system.
Added: EncodingServer.exe /show starts server with main form visible

http://i.imgur.com/vJCX3.jpg

KNOWN BUG
when one of encoding servers is being closed rest tend to crash (access violation message)

Thax, i've been waiting for this update..
will share the result soon :)

defalopii
18th June 2012, 15:54
have tried EncodingServer on my quad core system, all good can maximize the CPU Usage to 100% on 1st pass
but when all job done i didnt find the encoded video file in the directories which i've set in the Edit Job
My OS is Windows Server 2003, tying on other OS still same

Atak_Snajpera
18th June 2012, 16:02
see Jobx_log.txt from /Logs/ folder

defalopii
18th June 2012, 16:59
I got this

C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" | "C:\Program Files\RipBot\Tools\fhgaacenc\fhgaacenc.exe" --profile he --cbr 64 --adts --ignorelength - "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac"

The system cannot execute the specified program.

C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot\EncodingClient.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Video\Encoded\Sample.34562-alg.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "Sample.34562-alg" --default-duration 0:24.98fps "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --compression 0:none --language 0:und --aac-is-sbr 0:1 "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac"

mkvmerge v5.6.0 ('Kenya Kane') built on May 27 2012 16:44:04

Error: The source file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac' could not be opened successfully, or retrieving its size by seeking to the end did not work.

-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:12m:07s

Tried open bepipe.exe manually its fine
But when open fhgaacenc.exe "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this program."

SimonK91
18th June 2012, 17:09
What CPU + Mainboard Bundle is the most performing choice for h264 encoding, around $300? Im not sure of taking the Intel i5-2500k or the AMD FX-8150. At least the AMD has 8 cores. Price is pretty much the same.

May someone can advise me?
Cheers!

Atak_Snajpera
18th June 2012, 18:32
defalopii
install latest .net and c++ packages

you can find them in windows update section

Atak_Snajpera
18th June 2012, 18:35
What CPU + Mainboard Bundle is the most performing choice for h264 encoding, around $300? Im not sure of taking the Intel i5-2500k or the AMD FX-8150. At least the AMD has 8 cores. Price is pretty much the same.

May someone can advise me?
Cheers!

in encoding with x264 amd fx 8150 will be faster than i5 2500 at the same clock.

see x264 fhd benchmark

SimonK91
18th June 2012, 19:02
in encoding with x264 amd fx 8150 will be faster than i5 2500 at the same clock.

see x264 fhd benchmark

Thanks for the quick answer! Is there a big difference between the different DDR3 RAM Speeds? Is 1866er RAM better than 1333 mhz RAM or wont it have a big effect?
I wonder that my i5-2500k has in the FHD Benchmark 17fps but when i encode Blurays with the Default 4.0 Profile in CQ 20, i only have 10-12 fps. Temps are fine and the Clock is at 3.4 GHZ. Also the CPU is at 100% Usage. Any idea?

Atak_Snajpera
18th June 2012, 19:06
you won't see difference in encoding speed

Atak_Snajpera
18th June 2012, 19:09
Thanks for the quick answer! Is there a big difference between the different DDR3 RAM Speeds? Is 1866er RAM better than 1333 mhz RAM or wont it have a big effect?
I wonder that my i5-2500k has in the FHD Benchmark 17fps but when i encode Blurays with the Default 4.0 Profile in CQ 20, i only have 10-12 fps. Temps are fine and the Clock is at 3.4 GHZ. Also the CPU is at 100% Usage. Any idea?

different source = different encoding speed

DVDBob
18th June 2012, 19:42
I can not get RipBot264 Distributed Encoding to work.

I have configured the network settings as you describe in your tutorial.
I have configured the settings for my video in my normal RipBot264 client, which you describe in your tutorial.
I have connected the server 1 in Encoding Client for my Encoding Encoding Server and Client says now idle at Server 1

Nothing happens.

What have I done wrong or forgot??

Atak_Snajpera
18th June 2012, 20:20
post screenshot

DVDBob
18th June 2012, 23:19
http://s7.postimage.org/sjvso1non/Network_Settings_Screenshot_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/sjvso1non/)

http://s15.postimage.org/6w435g1gn/Network_Settings_Screenshot_2.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/6w435g1gn/)

http://s18.postimage.org/t45rtuvbp/Rip_Bot264_Distributed_Encoding_Server_And_Client.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/t45rtuvbp/)

http://s18.postimage.org/g1a5al53p/Rip_Bot264_INI_File.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/g1a5al53p/)

http://s14.postimage.org/ru12c173x/Rip_Bot264.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/ru12c173x/)

nst6563
19th June 2012, 02:49
Curious issue here...

I changed the x64 line to 0, but I still get encoding/idle loops that now say "The network name could not be found".

I've turned off all firewalls, verified permissions, deleted it all and started over...just get the network name error. I can go to a remote machine and access the files just fine.

Anyone else run into this error?

Shrekage
19th June 2012, 05:34
@dvdbob:. It appears you are running the client. You should Just run DuPont with a supported teletype and DE enabled in it's ini file. The client will be called when needed.

@nst6563: check that you can access \\clientpc\ripbot264temp from the servers that has the issue (substitute your client system name for clientpc. Also you can try to run one of the chunk batch files from there to see what error the cmdline gives. As well as to make sure the command is right...

@Atak: the /Show switch works great! I have started testing running a server in winPE

robf
19th June 2012, 06:14
Curious issue here...

I changed the x64 line to 0, but I still get encoding/idle loops that now say "The network name could not be found".

I've turned off all firewalls, verified permissions, deleted it all and started over...just get the network name error. I can go to a remote machine and access the files just fine.

Anyone else run into this error?

Check the *.cmd files in the temp/ripbot264temp/job1/Chunks directory and look the command for x286. What I see is a call to x264_x64.exe which causes problems for the remote 32-bit machines. I see this even after switching the x64 to 0. You can manually edit these these lines to call x264_x86.exe and it should work for all. This seems like a bug.

Atak, would it be possible to make the server a little more aware of which x264 to call based on which OS version is running? Perhaps try to run the 64 bit version first, then if it gets an error switch to 32bit mode? That should be a simple workaround.

defalopii
19th June 2012, 08:39
defalopii
install latest .net and c++ packages

you can find them in windows update section

its work before, but ater replacing EncodingServer.exe and EncodingClient.exe with the latest update i got that error

Atak_Snajpera
19th June 2012, 09:46
install this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx
and this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Atak_Snajpera
19th June 2012, 09:48
@DVDBob
where do you see in video tutorial that you have to manually start encoding client?

DVDBob
19th June 2012, 10:45
That have i not seen in your tutorial, but I tried to open Encoding Client manually, as Encoding Client does not start automatically when I put RipBot264 starting to encode.

defalopii
19th June 2012, 12:57
Can ripbot EncodingServer.exe using username and password to access RipBot264temp shared folder ??
This is more secure

Shrekage
19th June 2012, 14:26
Can ripbot EncodingServer.exe using username and password to access RipBot264temp shared folder ??
This is more secure

I use it with passwords... more accurately, I am on a domain. all you have to do if you want passwords is make sure you are authenticated to the share on the servers before you start the encoding client. the easiest way to accomplish this is to run

net use \\server\share /user:username password

example: net use \\win7box1\ripbot264temp /user:james mypassword

maybe an enhancement could be to have the server run that command, but would require the client to know about the password and I'm not too keen on storing passwords on systems...

nst6563
19th June 2012, 20:19
@nst6563: check that you can access \\clientpc\ripbot264temp from the servers that has the issue (substitute your client system name for clientpc. Also you can try to run one of the chunk batch files from there to see what error the cmdline gives. As well as to make sure the command is right...

I can see the temp folder fine from all clients. i ran one of the cmd chunks but it flies by so fast i can't tell what it did or if there was an error. I'll do some more this evening to see if I can capture that command window.

Atak_Snajpera
19th June 2012, 20:35
add pause command to .cmd

nst6563
19th June 2012, 22:37
I did. The end result is the same message. "The network name cannot be found".

This even happens on the primary workstation that is running ripbot. All workstations are running win7 x64. All are on the same gigabit lan and can see each other. All can see the primary's temp folder and can read/write to it.

I'll be trying to run the setup from a different workstation in the next day or so.

:EDIT: Found the answer. It's stupid, but I moved Ripbot to a different location (was in c:\temp, moved it to root of c:\) and it resolved the network name cannot be found issues for that machine. Now i just need to figure out the others since now they have a new error....which I don't remember and think it's been covered so I'll search.

billspice
20th June 2012, 01:50
hi atak, i really like the look of your app, and im switching from handbrake, just a simple generic question really,
i have my source bluray loaded in the stream is the m2ts and according to mediainfo has a max overall bitrate of 48 mbps

however when i go to encode on the profile section high 4.0 is set to standard, im looking for high 4.1? but the next profile is hi 10, is there a reason why i cant encode/select with high 4.1?

im sorry if this is so obvious i am still a noob at the bluray ripping, and this is the first time using ripbot

also were are these tutorials dvdbob talks off, as i have no idea about EncodingClient and EncodingServer,?

any help would be appreciated

mmmmdonut
20th June 2012, 03:36
I use it with passwords... more accurately, I am on a domain. all you have to do if you want passwords is make sure you are authenticated to the share on the servers before you start the encoding client. the easiest way to accomplish this is to run

net use \\server\share /user:username password

example: net use \\win7box1\ripbot264temp /user:james mypassword

maybe an enhancement could be to have the server run that command, but would require the client to know about the password and I'm not too keen on storing passwords on systems...

In Windows 7/8, might have been in Vista as well, you can go under user accounts and configure credential manager. Tell it the server name, user name, and password and any time you try to connect to that target, Windows will use the credentials you've stored. Hope this helps and keeps you from storing credentials in the clear.

jimmain
20th June 2012, 06:43
Hi,

I am trying to use ripbot264 to re-encode just the audio track on a set of mkv files.

I want to leave the video encoding as is (passthrough) and just change the audio, and also possibly save them in another container format. I don't want to reencode the video there is no need.

Is there any way to do this easily, or perhaps a hack that will let me use the batch files that ripbot uses in the temp directory. I would like to re-encode the files without resampling / re encoding the video.

Thanks

defalopii
20th June 2012, 14:59
Can anyone answer for this ??
Developer ??
Please..i need to edit the x264 setting by my self

where i can edit x264 profile like in MeGUI ??
http://thumbnails41.imagebam.com/19675/297e39196740178.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/297e39196740178)

Or is there any way to import MeGUI's profile to RipBot264 ??

Trayman
20th June 2012, 15:59
@defalopii You can manually edit the profiles with notepad. There are no gui to edit these.
Since RipBot is "Simple and Easy" you might be better of with megui or you can simply write your own gui to manage the profiles.

//Trayman

robf
20th June 2012, 16:42
Atak, would it be possible to make the server a little more aware of which x264 to call based on which OS version is running? Perhaps try to run the 64 bit version first, then if it gets an error switch to 32bit mode? That should be a simple workaround.

Bump for a request to improve mixing of 64 and 32-bit machines.

Another easy implementation is to generate two .cmd files for each chunk, like;

1_x64.cmd and 1_x86.cmd and have the server.exe chose which to use. Of if adding the smarts to the server code it too much of a pain, add an option on the client.exe gui to manually select which OS each server is.

-Rob

Ryushin
20th June 2012, 19:10
So I'm not happy about the situation that I'm in. I've been slowly encoding all my blu-ray movies. I've finished about 450 of the 700 that I have. However, I have now realized that I've pretty screwed up the audio on all of those previous encodes.

Originally when I was starting to learn the ins and outs of ripping and encoding blu-rays, I learned that 320K AAC 5.1 gave me the same quality as 640K AC3 5.1. So that was fine, AAC would give me the 5.1 sound I needed in the future when I moved to a 5.1 sound system.

Fast forward to today. I have now discovered that there are almost no audio receivers that can decode AAC 5.1. In fact, most output that AAC 5.1 discreet channels into PCM 2.0 stereo.

So now that I've pretty much painted myself into this bloody corner, my only options besides re-ripping hundreds of blu-rays is to convert the AAC 5.1 into AC3 5.1 and take that quality loss (I just hope I won't hear the difference). Is there any batch conversion that will take the MKV files, extract the audio, convert from 320K AAC to 640K AC3, remux it back including subtitles, posters.jpg, etc.

I have both Linux and Windows available if the tools exist to do this conversion.

Atak_Snajpera
20th June 2012, 19:22
Updated EncodingClient and EncodingServer
http://www.mediafire.com/?5tdkdukadoyz8cs

Added: DE mode will now also work with password protected sharing enabled. Just save your user name and password in EncodingClient.ini

Atak_Snajpera
20th June 2012, 19:26
@Ryushin
try Hybrid

btw how do you intend to watch your movies?

jwjohnson
21st June 2012, 00:35
Wow! The new distributed encoding tools are awesome. Jumped up to ~120fps from about 48 running three servers on two machines. Thanks Atak.
Jeff

jimmain
21st June 2012, 04:38
Hi,

After adding an mkv to ripbot, is there any way to reencode the audio but leave the video and just pass it through? I want to change the audio but not the video in an mkv.

Thanks

r2tincan
21st June 2012, 07:14
The program is hanging on "Demuxing Subtitles" for me now. It was working an hour ago and now I can't add any files. I tried deleting temp files / the program and still no luck.

What gives???

defalopii
21st June 2012, 08:25

Added: DE mode will now also work with password protected sharing enabled. Just save your user name and password in EncodingClient.ini

thanks for this update... :)
Will give the result soon

perrymanku
21st June 2012, 16:14
Hi,

i converted the mkv but the location i gave to save it their is no file, where is the file, no errors flagged up

help please

Trayman
21st June 2012, 16:18
@perrymanku Have you tried searching for it ?

//Trayman

Ryushin
21st June 2012, 17:04
@Ryushin
try Hybrid

btw how do you intend to watch your movies?

On a TV. ;)

Right now just through the Samsung LED TV's that we have now. Hoping to build a sound system next year or the next. I looked at recent stereo receivers and I can't find one that can decode AAC 5.1. I'm sure they do exist, just probably at a much higher price then I was looking at.

Atak_Snajpera
21st June 2012, 18:35
i would just build some cheap htpc with amd trinity and xmbc installed. in this case you don't need any external decoders.

perrymanku
21st June 2012, 20:56
@Trayman

Yes cannot find it

I basically want to compress the mkv i have on my hard disk. i have used ripbot twice today and each time it says is successful but no output file

Ryushin
22nd June 2012, 01:43
i would just build some cheap htpc with amd trinity and xmbc installed. in this case you don't need any external decoders.

I have several myth boxes around and it can do the conversion without a problem. I just wanted it to output through dlna directly through the TV then through to the receiver.

So, since I'm going to AC3 now. What do recommend. 320AAC to 640AC3 or 448AC3. I don't know if 320AAC actually contains more detail then 640AC3.

Trayman
22nd June 2012, 04:21
@perrymanku Please describe your steps so we can see if we can reproduce the problem or see if you do anything wrong.

//Trayman

defalopii
22nd June 2012, 07:41

This new update doesnt work on Windows Server 2003
Its make my server freeze
My system has update all software to the newest version
Also has installed this as ur suggestion

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 09:42
So, since I'm going to AC3 now. What do recommend. 320AAC to 640AC3 or 448AC3. I don't know if 320AAC actually contains more detail then 640AC3.
640kbps AAC

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 09:45
This new update doesnt work on Windows Server 2003
Its make my server freeze
My system has update all software to the newest version
Also has installed this as ur suggestion

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

something like this
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1578510#post1578510
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1578678#post1578678

defalopii
22nd June 2012, 10:27
Atak, when u develop this application, ripbot264, what windows you are using to test it ??

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 10:37
Windows 7 x64 obviously :)

perrymanku
22nd June 2012, 10:45
@perrymanku Please describe your steps so we can see if we can reproduce the problem or see if you do anything wrong.

//Trayman

Hello, I am adding the file to Ripbot and then starting the process. It does all it needs to do and says completed. But I can't locate the output file.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 10:48
see log file in /Logs/ folder

perrymanku
22nd June 2012, 10:52
see log file in /Logs/ folder

this is the log:
C:\>"C:\Users\Perry\Desktop\RipBot\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -o - | "C:\Users\Perry\Desktop\RipBot\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 20 --stats "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 187961 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -

y4m [info]: 1280x544p 1:1 @ 10000000/417083 fps (cfr)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2 AVX

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0
C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 1280x544, 10000000/417083 fps, 187961 frames

x264 [info]: frame I:3272 Avg QP:15.63 size: 43778

x264 [info]: frame P:80432 Avg QP:19.45 size: 14162

x264 [info]: frame B:104257 Avg QP:22.46 size: 3253

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 16.0% 26.7% 10.8% 46.6%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 23.8% 65.1% 11.1%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 6.2% 12.2% 1.1% P16..4: 36.4% 12.4% 4.9% 0.0% 0.0% skip:26.8%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.4% 0.7% 0.1% B16..8: 33.9% 3.5% 0.6% direct: 2.2% skip:58.7% L0:44.4% L1:49.7% BI: 6.0%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:62.8% inter:75.8%

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 44.6% 71.9% 30.6% inter: 10.8% 19.1% 1.0%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 55% 18% 8% 19%

x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 25% 18% 21% 5% 6% 7% 6% 6% 6%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 29% 20% 15% 5% 8% 8% 7% 5% 5%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 48% 20% 24% 8%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:3.8% UV:2.3%

x264 [info]: ref P L0: 65.9% 12.6% 15.1% 6.3% 0.1%

x264 [info]: ref B L0: 88.6% 11.4%

x264 [info]: kb/s:1654.69

encoded 187961 frames, 27.49 fps, 1654.69 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Users\Perry\Desktop\RipBot\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Users\Perry\Desktop\New folder\Bodyguard (2011) DVDRip 720p x264 5 1ch AAC-Ameet6233.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "Bodyguard (2011) DVDRip 720p x264 5 1ch AAC-Ameet6233" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --chapters "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"

mkvmerge v5.6.0 ('Kenya Kane') built on May 27 2012 16:44:04

Error: Unknown chapter file format in 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt'. It does not contain a supported chapter format.

Elapsed Time: 01h:54m:04s

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 10:59
show me 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt

perrymanku
22nd June 2012, 11:06
show me 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt

chapters.txt:

Error: (mkvextract) The file 'E:\movies\Bluray and downloads\Bodyguard (2011) DVDRip 720p x264 5.1ch AAC-Ameet6233.mkv' could not be opened for reading (No error).

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 11:11
remove this --chapters "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" from C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Job1_MuxFiles.cmd file

perrymanku
22nd June 2012, 11:15
remove this --chapters "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" from C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Job1_MuxFiles.cmd file

you mean delete the chapters.txt file

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 11:16
open C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Job1_MuxFiles.cmd in notepad and remove that line . Then click on C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Job1_MuxFiles.cmd

perrymanku
22nd June 2012, 11:21
open C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Job1_MuxFiles.cmd in notepad and remove that line . Then click on C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Job1_MuxFiles.cmd

I have removed that line and double clicked the job1_muxfiles.cmd file nothing has happened

crackinhedz
22nd June 2012, 15:01
After adding an mkv to ripbot, is there any way to reencode the audio but leave the video and just pass it through? I want to change the audio but not the video in an mkv.
After your movie loads into ripbot, under the video "profile" select "Copy Stream", and under the Audio section just change to what you wish...Video stays untouched, audio is whatever you want.

Is this what you're asking?

crackinhedz
22nd June 2012, 15:02
Sorry if this question has been asked and answered, I just notice for mkv there is now a CRF 16?!

Ive been using CRF 18 forever now, what is the advantage/disadvantage of 16? Obviously better quality, and possibly larger files?

Atak_Snajpera
22nd June 2012, 16:06
lower crf = higher quality and larger file

defalopii
23rd June 2012, 03:45
Stuck in Please Wait..Gather Information...
Using Windows 7 64 bit, All Latest update, RipBot using update from this http://www.mediafire.com/?5tdkdukadoyz8cs
Application is so buggy, tried on so many Windows and never get it working properly, XP 1,2,3, Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise, 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 32 and 64 bit

soneca
23rd June 2012, 04:30
I don't know if 320AAC actually contains more detail then 640AC3.
No way!
If you want to save space with quality, keeping the pattern that serves for you, go for the ac3(640kbps) from lossless sources.

Trayman
23rd June 2012, 05:18
@defalopii It's impossible to help you solve the problem you have with RipBot when you don't tell us what you're trying to convert into what.
Since it's probably the source that's "corrupt" in some way and not RipBot that's buggy.

//Trayman

DTS-HD MSTR
23rd June 2012, 15:05
The application works fine, running at the updated RipBot264 EncodingClient & EncodingServer version on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with no problems.

Ryushin
24th June 2012, 04:32
No way!
If you want to save space with quality, keeping the pattern that serves for you, go for the ac3(640kbps) from lossless sources.

Of course. The problem stems from the fact that I have already completed 2/3 of my blu-ray collection and those were done with AAC 320K 5.1. I either re-rip 400 or so blu-rays and convert the original audio to 640K AC3 or batch convert the current rips from AAC 320K to AC3.

My question was, does AAC 320K contain enough information to warrant 640K AC3 or if enough audio fidelity is already missing, would it be better to go with 448K AC3.

Atak's take on it was to use 640K AC3.

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 13:44
btw you can easily convert only audio track with ffmpeg

this script will convert ALL .mkvs in folder

save this script as aac2ac3640.cmd in notepad
for %%a in (*.mkv) do X:\patch\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 640000 -scodec copy "X:\converted\%%~na.mkv"

In red color you have to specify valid paths

and then just drag and drop your first mkv on .cmd icon.

Balthazar2k4
24th June 2012, 14:03
Finally got back around to giving the Distributed Encoding feature a run now that most (all?) of the kinks have been worked out. I am using both my 3930k and 980x in tandem for some 12 core/24 thread action and I have found that I can finally encode movies slightly faster than realtime in most cases (26fps avg) using the Slower/Film presets @ 1080p. Pretty awesome really. I have gone back through and tried to spot check the output and do not see any frame problems yet. I am a bit nervous to finish out the rest of my BD collection with the DE option purely because I feel like I can't 100% trust the results. Has anyone had any frame issues (dupes, macroblocking) with the latest version of RB using the DE feature?

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 14:14
why not use also i5-2500k and i3-530 for extra speedup ;)

Regarding DE everything seems to be stable now. Splits are done on key-frames, decoder is set to use only 1 thread , FFMS2 developers fixed issues with vc-1 sources (http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/issues/detail?id=84&can=1)

Balthazar2k4
24th June 2012, 14:33
why not use also i5-2500k and i3-530 for extra speedup ;)

Regarding DE everything seems to be stable now. Splits are done on key-frames, decoder is set to use only 1 thread , FFMS2 developers fixed issues with vc-1 sources (http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/issues/detail?id=84&can=1)

Sweet. Thanks for commenting Atak. As for the 2500k and 530 they are now on a Powerline network which is too slow for this purpose. Just moved into a new house, but it is a rental until we find something more permanent so no CAT 6 in walls until then :cool:

Also wanted to say that I have not had any hangups or stalled encodes which is fantastic. Atak you have done a really awesome job with this! Finally donated after all of these years. Should have done it a long time ago. Keep up the good work!

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 14:49
As for the 2500k and 530 they are now on a Powerline network which is too slow for this purpose.
but you can use some cheap router like mine TP-Link 1043ND (wi-fi N with 3 antennas). My speed between LAN PC and WiFi PC is around 120 mbps. it is enough even for 4 extra PCs.

defalopii
24th June 2012, 14:55
I am tried to use Denoise Filter by editing the avisynth

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Convolution3DYV12.dll")
Convolution3D("movielq")

But RipBot cant preview or encode the video using that plugin while its work on MeGUI, is there anything wrong ??

Balthazar2k4
24th June 2012, 14:56
but you can use some cheap router like mine TP-Link 1043ND (wi-fi N with 3 antennas). My speed between LAN PC and WiFi PC is around 120 mbps. it is enough even for 4 extra PCs.

Really? The Powerline network gets between 50-150Mbps depending on which adapter I ping. I believe the one upstairs that the 2500k is on averages around 60Mbps. Do you think that is enough? I know doing straight line file copies feels very slow, so I assumed moving mass data for encoding might be equally painful.

I guess I could try it... I just need to build an encoding farm in my office (my wife would LOVE that)

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 14:56
video=Convolution3D(video,"movielq")

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 15:04
Really? The Powerline network gets between 50-150Mbps depending on which adapter I ping. I believe the one upstairs that the 2500k is on averages around 60Mbps. Do you think that is enough? I know doing straight line file copies feels very slow, so I assumed moving mass data for encoding might be equally painful.

I guess I could try it...

it is simple.

let's assume that your BD movie has bitrate of 30mbps.
also it looks like that encoding speed for single pc is around 13fps (half of realtime)

So this means that one pc needs only 15mbps of your network bandwidth.

2 PCs will require 30mbps.

i5 will be obviously even slower.

(6core) ~15mbps + (6core) ~15 mbps + (4core) ~10mbps + (2core) ~2mbps ~ 40mbps total (estimated)

Balthazar2k4
24th June 2012, 15:59
it is simple.

let's assume that your BD movie has bitrate of 30mbps.
also it looks like that encoding speed for single pc is around 13fps (half of realtime)

So this means that one pc needs only 15mbps of your network bandwidth.

2 PCs will require 30mbps.

i5 will be obviously even slower.

(6core) ~15mbps + (6core) ~15 mbps + (4core) ~10mbps + (2core) ~2mbps ~ 40mbps total (estimated)

I guess I never thought about the fact that it will stream the data at the rate in which it consumes it over time as oppose to requiring a straight copy of the data at the onset which would be very slow. I'll try it and see.

Thanks again!

defalopii
24th June 2012, 16:16
thx atak its work, now how to add that script to avisynth in RipBot so i no need to add it manually everytime i encode a video ?

Balthazar2k4
24th June 2012, 16:41
Just to report back, dropped the 2500k in the mix and it gave me another ~7-9fps boost on the Slower/Film preset @ 1080p. Right now, I am encoding a 2.35:1 movie at ~36fps. Sweet!!

jwjohnson
24th June 2012, 19:19
I just started encountering errors with any job I try. Windows pops up an error message saying avs2yuv has stopped working. The log file for the job is as follows:

C:\>"C:\RipBot 264 v1.17.2\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\job6.avs^)" | "C:\RipBot 264 v1.17.2\Tools\fhgaacenc\fhgaacenc.exe" --profile lc --cbr 320 --adts --ignorelength - "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac"

BePipe by dimzon

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\job6.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

Found Audio Stream

Channels=6, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz

Writing Header...

Writing Data...

0%
Done!

C:\>"C:\RipBot 264 v1.17.2\EncodingClient.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\job6_EncodingClient.meta"

C:\>"C:\RipBot 264 v1.17.2\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="Scenic Yosemite" -fps 29.97 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac":lang=eng -mpeg4 -chap "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\chapters.txt" -new "I:\BD-Rips\SCENIC_NATIONAL_PARKS_YOSEMITE\BDMV\STREAM\Scenic Yosemite.mp4"

Cannot find file C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264

Error importing C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264:name=Scenic Yosemite: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found

Elapsed Time: 00h:04m:55s

It was working fine a couple of days ago.
Thanks.
Jeff

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 19:28
show job6.avs

you should also show details from that error window.

soneca
24th June 2012, 19:53
My question was, does AAC 320K contain enough information to warrant 640K AC3 or if enough audio fidelity is already missing, would it be better to go with 448K AC3.

In this case I think is not worth converting to AC3 640.

jwjohnson
24th June 2012, 20:18
Here is job6.avs:

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,720).Sharpen(0.2)

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot 264 v1.17.2\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job6\audio_English.ac3")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength
Trim(0,88469)

#ColorSpace

Here is what the details say about the window error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: avs2yuv.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e78e870
Fault Module Name: ffms2.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f78bd12
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0038ea0a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 20:35
can you repeat on other pc?

Atak_Snajpera
24th June 2012, 20:38
In this case I think is not worth converting to AC3 640.

448 kbps will only decrease quality more than 640kbps!

soneca
24th June 2012, 21:23
Had been converted from one source with losses...:scared: but the 640Kbps the result is actually better with little difference in the final file size.

jwjohnson
24th June 2012, 22:55
I get same results on my other machine. "avs2yuv.exe has stopped working" If I turn off Distributed Encoding it all works. I'm using the Full v1.17.1 download with the v1.17.2 beta copied over that and then your latest update for Encoding Client and Encoding Server.

EDIT**********

I had reinstalled all the files for RipBot264 a couple of days ago. I had not noticed that Atak had updated the 1st post to include a full version of v1.17.2. So I blithely downloaded it, assuming it was still v1.17.1, then applied the v1.17.2 beta patch over it. When I installed just the full v1.17.2 and then the latest (6/20) updates to Encoder Server and Encoding Client - it works just fine.

ARRGGHHH!!!!

After successfully encoding one small test file the same errors popped up on my next encode. I love the speed with distributed encoding, but for some reason it's just stopped working for me.

Jeff

defalopii
25th June 2012, 08:35
Hy atak, do you plan to add more server encoding ??
8 server encoding still not fill up my machine, on Dual Opteron 6272 its only eat CPU usage about 60% - 80% 1st pass, very slow preset, 1080p
And i am planning to test this Distributed Encoding to my 8x i7 2600K, so 12 - 20 server encoding will be good enough.

Ryushin
25th June 2012, 09:04
I am a bit nervous to finish out the rest of my BD collection with the DE option purely because I feel like I can't 100% trust the results. Has anyone had any frame issues (dupes, macroblocking) with the latest version of RB using the DE feature?

I'm running four servers right now with no issues without any problems. Only occasionally do I get a client that hangs the encode and I have to click on/off on that client for it to finish the job.

The only problem that I have seen is occasionally with burned in subtitles, I either see corruption of the subtitle itself so that is looks like a block of noise where the subtitle would be or the burned in subtitle for those set of words is missing all together.

All in all DE is fantastic. It's really the only way I'm going to even get all of my movies done in any reasonable amount of time.

Ryushin
25th June 2012, 09:07
btw you can easily convert only audio track with ffmpeg

this script will convert ALL .mkvs in folder

save this script as aac2ac3640.cmd in notepad
for %%a in (*.mkv) do X:\patch\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 640000 -scodec copy "X:\converted\%%~na.mkv"

In red color you have to specify valid paths

and then just drag and drop your first mkv on .cmd icon.

I had a problem once with FFMPEG having an issue with messing up the channels between one 5.1 to another. I think they got it sorted out in the latest version.

Do you by chance know how to pass the attached Poster.jpg's in ffmpeg? Because if I can have ffmpeg do it, I can just have a linux box just process the heck out of everything.

Atak_Snajpera
25th June 2012, 10:23
I get same results on my other machine. "avs2yuv.exe has stopped working" If I turn off Distributed Encoding it all works. I'm using the Full v1.17.1 download with the v1.17.2 beta copied over that and then your latest update for Encoding Client and Encoding Server.

EDIT**********

I had reinstalled all the files for RipBot264 a couple of days ago. I had not noticed that Atak had updated the 1st post to include a full version of v1.17.2. So I blithely downloaded it, assuming it was still v1.17.1, then applied the v1.17.2 beta patch over it. When I installed just the full v1.17.2 and then the latest (6/20) updates to Encoder Server and Encoding Client - it works just fine.

ARRGGHHH!!!!

After successfully encoding one small test file the same errors popped up on my next encode. I love the speed with distributed encoding, but for some reason it's just stopped working for me.

Jeff

Can you confirm that crashing happens on ALL types of files?
.avi , .mp4 , .mkv , DVD , BD (h.264/mpeg2/vc1)

jwjohnson
25th June 2012, 15:43
Can you confirm that crashing happens on ALL types of files?
.avi , .mp4 , .mkv , DVD , BD (h.264/mpeg2/vc1)

I don't have all those sources available, but I have tried the ones I can. DVD's work fine. BD's (h.264 and mpeg2) work fine. I thought it was just VC1 that was causing the problems, but I found a couple other BD titles that have VC1 and they worked fine. I've narrowed it down to two BD's from the same manufacturer. "Scenic National Parks" the Yosemite and Grand Canyon discs to be specific. I notice that when RipBot264 is showing the available playlists it shows these as VC1 1080p60. If I look at them with BD-Info they show as 1080i 29.97 fps. Those two discs did work fine with DE disabled.

I'm at work now, so any further testing would have to wait until this evening.

Thanks.

Jeff

Atak_Snajpera
25th June 2012, 18:09
ffmpeg decoder does not support interlaced vc-1. it works in normal mode because ffdshow is set to use microsoft's vc-1 decoder instead of avcodec.

jwjohnson
25th June 2012, 19:14
Thanks. If I run across any more titles like that I'll just disable DE for them.

Balthazar2k4
25th June 2012, 20:21
I'm running four servers right now with no issues without any problems. Only occasionally do I get a client that hangs the encode and I have to click on/off on that client for it to finish the job.

The only problem that I have seen is occasionally with burned in subtitles, I either see corruption of the subtitle itself so that is looks like a block of noise where the subtitle would be or the burned in subtitle for those set of words is missing all together.

All in all DE is fantastic. It's really the only way I'm going to even get all of my movies done in any reasonable amount of time.

Thanks Ryushin for your input. Now that I know that burned in subs might be an issue, I will encode those titles on a single machine. Great to hear that DE is running well otherwise. I am knocking out encodes with great speed and it is a relief to know that I most likely won't have to do them all again because of errors.

Balthazar2k4
25th June 2012, 22:53
When processing MKVs with RipBot is there a way to skip the Demux Audio Stream step if you do not want to do any audio processing and do video only? It would speed things up considerably.

defalopii
26th June 2012, 16:21
Why ripbot desnt use adaptive bitrate for AAC audio profile, i though its more good quality than constant bitrate

Atak_Snajpera
26th June 2012, 16:46
because final file size in 2-pass mode couldn't be calculated/predicted.

Wishbringer
26th June 2012, 17:47
Only if audio is processed and then bitrate for video is calculated.
So it was used in products like AutoGK years ago.
But advantage is minimal and there could be problems while muxing two variable bitrate streams (at least they were in early days in avi container)

Trayman
26th June 2012, 18:35
@Atak is there any way in the ini to default 2pass with a locked output size ?

//Trayman

soneca
26th June 2012, 20:37
DefaultEncodingMode=2-pass
There are already some pre-defined output sizes.
Locked output size... only if the Atak create this new option.

Ajax_Undone
27th June 2012, 21:40
http://www.mediafire.com/?3cuk0oex6q1trj6

New installer for those of you who care =;)

defalopii
28th June 2012, 05:31
atak, please add more than 8 Encoding Server, its not enough for user who want to add more machine to that distributed encoding
give it 12, 20, or maybe unlimited Encoding Server for flexibility expanding the distributed encoding machine

thanks

Adub
30th June 2012, 00:14
Good lord, most home users don't even have 4 space PCs, let alone 12 or 20. When you start adding more and more clients, the main bottle neck can become your distributed storage, not your processor count.

defalopii
30th June 2012, 01:59
@Adub: I am using 2x 120GB SSD RAID 10 on each server, so there will be no bottleneck on the storage

robf
30th June 2012, 05:08
Hey Atak,

Here is an easy solution to mixing 64 and 32 bit windows machines;

Create the chunk command files like this;

if "%ProgramW6432%" == "" (
@echo 32-bit
"\\STARSCREAM\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" blahblahblah
) else (
@echo 64-bit
"\\STARSCREAM\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" blahblahblah
)

I tested by hand editing the files and it works fine. You could even remove the 64-bit option in the main ini file.

I would very much appreciate if you could put this in the next release.

Thanks,
Rob

bob777fred
30th June 2012, 20:14
Maybe it's me - but I'm trying to Batch Blu-Ray movies but it doesn't support the .m2ts file extension - is there a way around this by simply editing an ini file or something of the sort? If not, any plans to support - having to wait 15 minutes to demux and filter before adding another gets pretty old pretty quick!

jwjohnson
30th June 2012, 20:25
Good lord, most home users don't even have 4 space PCs, let alone 12 or 20. When you start adding more and more clients, the main bottle neck can become your distributed storage, not your processor count.
I need to run three separate instances of EncodingServer on each machine to max out the CPU, so you can easily reach the limit with "only" 3 machines.

Atak_Snajpera
30th June 2012, 20:53
I need to run three separate instances of EncodingServer on each machine to max out the CPU, so you can easily reach the limit with "only" 3 machines.

what kind of beast do you have that you have to run 3 servers in order to saturate your cpu?

for example 4 servers easily saturate even 2x16 core systems.

jwjohnson
30th June 2012, 21:53
If I run two encoding servers on my i7 3770k the cores are being utilized about 80-85%. If I run three they are all at 100%.

defalopii
1st July 2012, 02:47
what kind of beast do you have that you have to run 3 servers in order to saturate your cpu?

for example 4 servers easily saturate even 2x16 core systems.

Yes if in the 2nd pass
But in 1st pass 4 encoding servers only eat 20% of my 2x16 core systems

slalom
1st July 2012, 09:36
atak, please add more than 8 Encoding Server, its not enough for user who want to add more machine to that distributed encoding
give it 12, 20, or maybe unlimited Encoding Server for flexibility expanding the distributed encoding machine

thanks
You can encode 2 movies at the same time with more than 8 clients

Ryushin
2nd July 2012, 01:10
This is an example of the corrupt burned in subtitles problem that I'm seeing with distributed encoding:
Normal Subtitle:
http://www.chrisdos.com/normal_subtitle.jpg
Broken Subtitle:
http://www.chrisdos.com/broken_subtitle.jpg

I may not see any broken subtitles in a whole movie that has them burned in. For example, the first two Samurai Trilogy movies showed now problems. The beginning of the third movie has the broken subtitle as above. Any time I use burned subtitles, I have to watch the whole movie that all the subtitles are there and not in a corrupted state. Is there anything I can provide to possible try and solve this problem. In my eyes, it's the last major bug to distributed encoding.

jpv
2nd July 2012, 08:45
I have found a possible memory leak in the batch mode windows/program.

I use this batch mode to load directories. Even with a small number of files, the size of Ripbot264 increases. For example, with 16 vob files in a single directory, the size begins at ~15 MB and finishes at ~ 30 MB.

For example, I used Ripbot264 to re-encode lot of files and after a long time of work (a day, sometime less), Ripbot264 started to send error messages claiming for memory. Last time i did this, the size of Ripbot264 was 1.8 GB.

atak, do you know this problem ? Is there a way to get rid of this problem ?

Shrekage
2nd July 2012, 16:26
The best I can do now is 9 machines... the one running the client is not a server...

it would be really nice if ripbot could handle some of the tasks while the client was managing the servers. like maybe preparing the next job for DE while the current job is ongoing...

but yes... it would also be nice if I could use all of my machines (even the netbooks) as servers that would give me 19 machines to be able to encode, and that's not counting my work PC...

I have figured out how to use Windpws PE as an encoding server so even my linux boxes are available with a reboot to a USB stick... (even though it's only limited to 32-bit)

Atak_Snajpera
2nd July 2012, 17:00
you have to ask yourself a question if adding more pcs make a sense. for example netbooks have ridiculously slow cpus (intel atom). laptops are not even better (intel i3 with low clock)

Balthazar2k4
3rd July 2012, 13:53
This is an example of the corrupt burned in subtitles problem that I'm seeing with distributed encoding:
Normal Subtitle:
http://www.chrisdos.com/normal_subtitle.jpg
Broken Subtitle:
http://www.chrisdos.com/broken_subtitle.jpg

I may not see any broken subtitles in a whole movie that has them burned in. For example, the first two Samurai Trilogy movies showed now problems. The beginning of the third movie has the broken subtitle as above. Any time I use burned subtitles, I have to watch the whole movie that all the subtitles are there and not in a corrupted state. Is there anything I can provide to possible try and solve this problem. In my eyes, it's the last major bug to distributed encoding.

That is very interesting Rysuhin. I have done several movies with DE and subtitles (PGS) at this point and all have come out fine. I wonder what the difference is?

Ryushin
3rd July 2012, 14:29
That is very interesting Rysuhin. I have done several movies with DE and subtitles (PGS) at this point and all have come out fine. I wonder what the difference is?

You did not say otherwise, but can I assume that you've burned in the subtitles and not just added them to the mkv container?

Yea, I wish I knew what might be the difference. So far I'm 2/3 through the third movie after just clicking the box to tell it to encode again. It has not had any problems yet.

Interesting thing was in that example, after I started watching the re-encoded version, it's actually missing three subtitles after that corrupted one.

I have more then a few foreign films and I always burn in the subtitles for those. I've had the problem happen with some movies that just had forced subtitles such as Avatar.

Balthazar2k4
3rd July 2012, 17:42
You did not say otherwise, but can I assume that you've burned in the subtitles and not just added them to the mkv container?

Yea, I wish I knew what might be the difference. So far I'm 2/3 through the third movie after just clicking the box to tell it to encode again. It has not had any problems yet.

Interesting thing was in that example, after I started watching the re-encoded version, it's actually missing three subtitles after that corrupted one.

I have more then a few foreign films and I always burn in the subtitles for those. I've had the problem happen with some movies that just had forced subtitles such as Avatar.

Yes, I am referring to burned-in subs. I just recently watched Avatar and the subs were all correct without any corruption. Almost seems like some kind frame serving problem during the DGIndex phase. I haven't done a ton of movies with subs and most are forced subs, but I do have a few foreign films that I have only spot checked and seem fine. If I have time I might sit down and watch one all the way through and see if any anomalies pop up.

SimonK91
3rd July 2012, 19:18
How many GB RAM is needed to have a fast encoding speed? I need a new Computer so i think the best CPU for 200$ would be the AMD FX-8150. So i also need new RAM and im not sure if i buy 4GB DDR 1333 or 2GB 1866. :confused:

Atak_Snajpera
3rd July 2012, 19:43
ram is very cheap these days. i wouldn't buy less than 4gb. also you don't have to buy the fastest memory because for x264 cpu is the most important piece of your pc.

SimonK91
3rd July 2012, 20:33
Shame that the Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 is not listed in your FHD x264 Benchmark. Im not sure if this CPU maybe is faster than an AMD FX-8150 (maybe with OC). The Intel Xeon costs about 20$ more than the AMD. Do you have any idea if this would be the better CPU for x264?

Atak_Snajpera
3rd July 2012, 20:54
just compare i7 with fx

QUEENFAN
4th July 2012, 09:15
Hello,

are there any advantages using profile HIGH 4.0 (HD) instead of MAIN 3.0 (SD) when encoding SD-material (from DVD) to mkv (CQ20)?

flebber
4th July 2012, 09:24
Hello,

are there any advantages using profile HIGH 4.0 (HD) instead of MAIN 3.0 (SD) when encoding SD-material (from DVD) to mkv (CQ20)?

not if your size isnt greater than 720
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Profiles

QUEENFAN
4th July 2012, 12:15
@flebber

Superb link, thanks a lot for that (and your quick reply, of course).

GMJCZP
4th July 2012, 15:23
I could not download the package, the NOD32 5 blocked me as a new threat.

slalom
4th July 2012, 19:31
Atak, one suggestion

There should be an option to take a server offline after completing a chunk, and not cancelling the conversion with the "off" button.
Something like one click to disconnect when done, and a second to cancel the chunk. Or seperate buttons.

This 1.17.2 version, finally works fine in DE for me.

Well done!

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2012, 20:44
i still see no reason why would you need that ?

billspice
4th July 2012, 21:07
hi atak, possibly one of the best apps ive used in a long time!
im sorry to ask this again, but when i asked previously i didnt get a responce, because there were a lot of other questions asked.

its just a simple generic question really,
i have my source bluray loaded in the stream is the m2ts and according to mediainfo has a max overall bitrate of 48 mbps

would you reccomend always using 4.1 over 4.0 for the avc level for ripping all blurays? as 4.1 would cover higher bitrate, so is it a failsafe to rip with 4.1 as standard?

also were are these tutorials a member dvdbob talks off, as i have no idea about EncodingClient and EncodingServer,?

any help would be appreciated?

regards

bill

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2012, 21:27
1) see first post. why do you reencode bluray movies?
2) see ripbot264 distributed encoding tutorial on youtube

slalom
4th July 2012, 21:48
i still see no reason why would you need that ?
For automation.
To unbind the server without having to cancel the encoding of the chunk, or to not to have to wait until the chunk is finished to turn it offline.

It's not something I need, it's a suggestion.

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2012, 22:49
i don't need it either.

billspice
5th July 2012, 14:08
1) see first post. why do you reencode bluray movies?
2) see ripbot264 distributed encoding tutorial on youtube

THANKS ATAK!

ill check youtube, for encoding tutorial

i normaly just rip bluray to 1-1 image/video disk with anydvd then encode thru ripbot with 16 crf and x copy stream audio,

ive just done my first forced subs film and i am so impressed how effecient it was burning in the subs, its literaly saves me so much time!

thankyou so much.

is there a way to add mulitple sound sources, eg, if i want to add the second directors commentary track? etc

or is it a case of just muxing that with tsmuxer then re-adding with mkvmerge to ripbots result?

kindest regards!
bill

slalom
5th July 2012, 19:46
i don't need it either.
Well, I can live without it.

Another issue,
while connecting with Remote Desktop Connection a "floating point" error appeared. Chuncks were stored, I didn't loose anything.

Note that yesterday, same connection, nothing went wrong (as it was supposed to)

defalopii
6th July 2012, 05:28
How ripbot make decision to split the video into chunks ??
I have 8 Encoding Servers online, but sometimes ripbot only give me 2 chunks, so 6 other encoding server not used

Markstar
6th July 2012, 07:31
Wow, 575 pages! :eek:

So after a few years break from encoding (or at least caring about new encoding methods) I would like to get back into the game a bit, but I'm new to x264 and Ripbot. :o

My goal is to have 720p backups for my HTPC that are about 2-2.5GB, but obviously I still want the best quality possible.

Here are my questions:
1) AVC level: Which one to take? From this wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels) it looks like the higher, the better due to the higher DPB, etc.. Is there any reason to go for the default 4.0 instead of the 5.1 if the files will be played on a modern PC?

2) AVC profile: High or Hi10? 10 bits per sample sounds nice to have - but does one really need it?

3) x264 preset: Here (http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings#preset) it says: "You should generally set this option to the slowest you can bear." What do you guys use? Is going from Slow to VerySlow really worth it? Is there an estimate of how much more efficient the settings are (which I assume could be otherwise be made up by size)?

4) Mode: Let's say I adjusted my encodes so that both my CQ and my 2-pass encoding result in the same file size. Shouldn't the 2-pass encoding result in better quality for the demanding scenes while only be marginally worse in slower scenes? I made a few encoding tests and I feel like this is the case, but I would like your opinion on it as well.
Thank you in advance for your answers!!!

Atak_Snajpera
6th July 2012, 09:52
How ripbot make decision to split the video into chunks ??
CQ - 1min chunk
2-pass - 10min chunk

1) AVC level: Which one to take? From this wiki page it looks like the higher, the better due to the higher DPB, etc.. Is there any reason to go for the default 4.0 instead of the 5.1 if the files will be played on a modern PC?

2) AVC profile: High or Hi10? 10 bits per sample sounds nice to have - but does one really need it?

3) x264 preset: Here it says: "You should generally set this option to the slowest you can bear." What do you guys use? Is going from Slow to VerySlow really worth it? Is there an estimate of how much more efficient the settings are (which I assume could be otherwise be made up by size)?
if you intend do decode/watch your movies using PC then You should use High 10 profile ([HI10 x.x] HD . PC ONLY . 10bit) for the highest quality. Avc level will be determined automatically by x264 encoder. From my experience I can tell that 10 bit with medium default preset gives better quality than 8 bit slower preset.

Unfortunately there is a catch. 10 bit avc video files won't work in DXVA and on any other hardware player like blu-ray / PS3 / XBOX360 / WDTV / TV with build in player ...

4) Mode: Let's say I adjusted my encodes so that both my CQ and my 2-pass encoding result in the same file size. Shouldn't the 2-pass encoding result in better quality for the demanding scenes while only be marginally worse in slower scenes? I made a few encoding tests and I feel like this is the case, but I would like your opinion on it as well.

CQ and 2pass should give the same quality for the same file size.

Markstar
6th July 2012, 15:58
Thank you for your answer, it is much appreciated!!! :)
if you intend do decode/watch your movies using PC then You should use High 10 profile ([HI10 x.x] HD . PC ONLY . 10bit) for the highest quality. Avc level will be determined automatically by x264 encoder. From my experience I can tell that 10 bit with medium default preset gives better quality than 8 bit slower preset. Alright, 10bit it is then.

Hmm, I made some small tests concerning the x264 preset (on 2500K@4.6GHz):
Size FPS
Default 100% (96.2) 100% (21.4)
Slow 100% (96.2) 41.6% (8.9)
Slower 97.7% (94) 26.6% (5.7)
VerySlow 90.3% (86.8) 12.3% (2.64)Before, I assumed that the preset would just influence the quality, but it appears size is affected. Or is it even both? To be honest, I can't really tell a difference between them. :o

Unfortunately there is a catch. 10 bit avc video files won't work in DXVA and on any other hardware player like blu-ray / PS3 / XBOX360 / WDTV / TV with build in player ...That's no problem at all, these files are for personal use only.

CQ and 2pass should give the same quality for the same file size.Interesting and of course I'll take your word for it, though it is a bit counter-intuitive for me.

Oh, another question: What setting do you use to get rid of blocks (in large areas that have almost the same color)? I played around with --deblock x:y, but wasn't really satsified with my values.

NetGlux
6th July 2012, 16:09
How to get rid from?

Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 12.5 Mbps

I want the constant.
Thx.

omegaman7
6th July 2012, 16:20
Oh, another question: What setting do you use to get rid of blocks (in large areas that have almost the same color)? I played around with --deblock x:y, but wasn't really satsified with my values.

If you're using hardware render *Acceleration* (which uses the GPU) for playback, it's possible that the encoded video is being over simplified. Try playing back the video with the CPU instead. You'll notice a lot less "Blockiness" or none at all. I once thought that BD rebuilder was causing the blockiness. I discovered that the GPU was over simplifying the video playback.

slalom
6th July 2012, 22:42
CQ - 1min chunk
2-pass - 10min chunk
When the last chunk is encoded, other servers are not used. I noticed the last one has the greater duration, which lefts other servers at IDLE.

If you made 5 min chunks, then more servers would be used simultaneously and less time would be needed to encode.

Atak_Snajpera
6th July 2012, 23:23
smaller chunk in 2 pass is not a smart idea.

defalopii
6th July 2012, 23:35
When the last chunk is encoded, other servers are not used. I noticed the last one has the greater duration, which lefts other servers at IDLE.

If you made 5 min chunks, then more servers would be used simultaneously and less time would be needed to encode.

Yeah, better the developer make chunks depend how much active Encoding Servers.
If there is 2 active servers than only 2 chunks, if 8 active servers than should be 8 chunks.
And also every chunks should have same total frames. For now, as i can see, the 1st chunk for example, frames 0 - 14222 and the last chunk 110548 - 155126.
that's why the last chunk always take longest encoding time bcoz it has greatest total frames being encoded while the other servers has done its job and idle.

mscsmyrpln
7th July 2012, 04:36
FYI, MediaFire download link in the first post is dead. Downloading from VideoHelp.com worked fine, of course.

Continuing thanks for this great tool.

gr1mmj0w
7th July 2012, 06:03
So I started geting this error after doing batch encoding...

http://i.imgur.com/3nZax.png

I reinstalled the needed files but it still happens, not sure what else to do.

Atak_Snajpera
7th July 2012, 11:12
Yeah, better the developer make chunks depend how much active Encoding Servers.
If there is 2 active servers than only 2 chunks, if 8 active servers than should be 8 chunks.
Yeah, great idea! ;) But what if user have two pcs. One with six cores and other with only two cores. Splitting exactly into two chunks will be VERY ineffective! Six core pc will finish encoding alot faster than 3 times slower two core PC.

Forget about 2-pass and start using Constant Quality Mode where you have 1 min chunks and only one pass!
Who these days stores movie collection on unreliable optical discs?! Big portable (1TB+) usb harddrives are cheaper (cost for 1GB) and your whole collection is in one place.

@gr1mmj0w
Life would be easier if users did not forget to click on that magic arrow next to "View problem details".

SimonK91
7th July 2012, 12:31
When Ripbot says "Please wait. Demuxing selected streams" it is usually very slow. My CPU is only at 10 % usage and i've got a fast HDD. So which hardware is the performance limiter in that demuxing process? Is it may the HDD? Could it running on a SSD be a big performance advantage? (edit: same question while "Indexing" in Destribuded Mode. Where is the performance limitation on that progress in the hardware? Thanks!)

Yeah, great idea! ;) But what if user have two pcs. One with six cores and other with only two cores. Splitting exactly into two chunks will be VERY ineffective! Six core pc will finish encoding alot faster than 3 times slower two core PC.

Thats right, but maybe it would be the best solution if the chunks would be just a bit bigger than now. Would it be hard to develop that the user can choose the chunksize in settings? The best solution would be a selectable chunksize just at the Encoding-Server IP so that Ripbot uses the chunksize which is taken from the user for every server! :P These little chunks right now also have the problem that the encoding process always stops while completing and starting a chunk. This costs time too.