PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Ryushin
11th February 2012, 17:20
I just encoded Drive using the code from the Feb 6th:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Drive-Blu-ray/29818/#Review
Which is encoded AVC. I'm not using any denoising and the I'm seeing corrupted frames every 60 seconds. I've attached a 10:15 segment from the original m2ts file. Let me know when you download it and I'll remove the link from dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1579232/drive_video_10min.mkv

Atak_Snajpera
11th February 2012, 20:20
I've downloaded your file. New ripbot update will be uploaded tomorrow.

d62ks821
12th February 2012, 03:43
Added: BATCH MODE

In BATCH MODE I have to search for *.m2ts files with *.*, else they do not show up in the add dialog. Otherwise, processing work fine on m2ts files.

Also, BATCH MODE does not demux subtitle streams for *.m2ts files. Did I miss something here? Appears the only way to get subs demux'd is to not use BATCH MODE. Would really be nice if this was not the case.

Thanks.

meshaun
12th February 2012, 12:58
There is a new x264 update. Is there a new update coming up? and also, I would like to use 320Kbps AAC audio. How to do it?

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2012, 13:56
why not 640 kbps?

meshaun
12th February 2012, 14:24
640Kbps in AAC is great. but takes double space as 320Kbps :) I saw one of your posts saying that 320Kbps in AAC is very close to 448 AC3. So, if there a way to get AAC 320kbps, it will be great. and also, I tried the program but it was like stuck as Gathering Information in the file selection. I waiting for about 15 minutes, but still no.

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2012, 15:08
and your problem is?

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2012, 16:39
RipBot264_update_2012-02-12
http://www.mediafire.com/?de8dkhknpxmor0u

N1ghtjar
12th February 2012, 20:38
What does the update incorporate?

AmDD
12th February 2012, 21:35
Ive only been using ripbot for about a week (used autogk to convert to avi before) so take my suggestions as you will.

I just recently got the distributed encoding working, thus far all seems well. Something you may want to add if this is a feature you plan on keeping (I hope you do) is the ability to stop a client. What I mean by that is have a "stop" button on the client software that will allow the computer to first finish the chunk it is working on and then not get assigned to another one, allowing the computer to be shutdown or whatever while the other systems finish the encode.

I also noticed that while testing it with wifi the computer would say "starting..." for awhile and sometimes switch to "encoding" but it would not actually encode anything before going idle. I assume that wireless just does not offer enough bandwidth to support encoding. Makes sense I just wanted to test it. The problem I found was the chunks would never recover from "Starting" and no other computer would pick them up. Could you put some kind of timer on the process? Say if the encoding does not start after X seconds assign it to another available computer? Or even have a button to manually do the same thing?

Is there a limit of 4 computer? Is it possible to add more?

Very nice work! Im excited to see where this program can go! Thank you very much!!

Ryushin
12th February 2012, 21:50
RipBot264_update_2012-02-12
http://www.mediafire.com/?de8dkhknpxmor0u

Drive encoded perfectly. Thank you. I'm attempting a VC-1 encoded with denoise. Battlestar Galactica Season 1 is VC-1 and is VERY grainy. I'll let you know the results.

Sent something your way as well. Your work on this is very much appreciated.

Atak_Snajpera
12th February 2012, 22:32
i'm 100% SURE that you will end up with corrupted frames

@AMDD
have you updated ripbot ?

AmDD
12th February 2012, 23:46
@AMDD
have you updated ripbot ?

I have on one machine, but not on the ones I have setup for distributing. I am going to assume by that comment that I probably should? :o

EDIT: Had some problems getting it running after I updated everything. It would not encode at all, just said job finished as soon as I clicked start. I think its working ok right now, however.

I dont see anything different as of yet, anything I should be looking for?

Ryushin
13th February 2012, 00:51
i'm 100% SURE that you will end up with corrupted frames

Yep, still corrupted frames. I'll have to use 1.16.5 for Season 1 and 3. Is there any logs or such that I can send you to help with the VC-1 denoise problem?

73ChargerFan
13th February 2012, 04:17
Not sure if this'll help, but I have an idea for denoising on distributed encodes.
Each job after the first could include those frames, plus a few extra frames before it (e.g. 0:00:10.000-0:00:11.000 becomes 0:00:09.800-0:00:11.000) so the denoising has something to work on, then discard those extra frames when the job is done.

Thanks atak as always.

Zorro70
14th February 2012, 04:43
Atak

After encoding, and adding more than one subtitle, when using mediainfo to get the information, only the last subtitle added actually shows up in mediainfo.

i really need this to show all of them as i upload my encodes on certain sites ;) and must show all info in the NFO

ive tried everything

hoju3508
14th February 2012, 10:08
Multi subs work fine, and it shows up correctly in Mediainfo. Are your files MKV, AVCHD or MP4?

Zorro70
14th February 2012, 16:58
avchd, and i found a solution.

instead of using mediainfo on the stream video file, you use it on the full folder and it shows them up.:rolleyes:

It seems if you install the same medianfo version as included in ripbot it works fine, if you update it, it stops working properly.

no big deal, thanks atak and above poster

juGGaKNot
14th February 2012, 21:57
The batch is great ( asked for it 2 years ago :) ) but i always separate video and audio.

It would be great if i could select 10 video files in batch mode and then 10 windows apear, like the add window.

#1 STUNNA
14th February 2012, 22:50
n00b question here! What exactly does the "5.1" checkbox do in the Blu-Ray Structure Window. My goal is to convert the the audio to 6 channel discrete AAC, do I need to check that box in order to accomplish that?

73ChargerFan
15th February 2012, 03:26
I'm uploading two spreadsheets (xls & ods) that will calculate the timecodes corresponding to frame numbers.

The reason, is that I converted a PAL movie on dvd to NTSC .mkv, and Ripbot264 did a great job with the frame rate conversion 25->23.967 for video and audio, but didn't scale the timecodes in the chapters.txt file.

To Use:
Let Ripbot do its thing. While video is being encoded, and before muxing begins, find the temp directory, go into the job directory and open up the celltimes.txt file. Copy the list of frames to the first column in the spreadsheet, and the last column will be a text field with the timecode.

Unfortunately, then it is cut/paste time because I can't create a new chapters.txt file using Excel.

Hope this helps.

rc71
15th February 2012, 06:43
Hi,

Would it be possible to add (maybe as an .ini setting) an option to default to a chosen language for when the audio track is 'undetermined'?

yes please.

rc71
15th February 2012, 06:51
640Kbps in AAC is great. but takes double space as 320Kbps :) I saw one of your posts saying that 320Kbps in AAC is very close to 448 AC3. So, if there a way to get AAC 320kbps, it will be great. and also, I tried the program but it was like stuck as Gathering Information in the file selection. I waiting for about 15 minutes, but still no.

dude, sarcasm. AAC is super efficient. 320 is overkill. search this thread for AAC.

iSeries
15th February 2012, 16:31
I'm uploading two spreadsheets (xls & ods) that will calculate the timecodes corresponding to frame numbers.

The reason, is that I converted a PAL movie on dvd to NTSC .mkv, and Ripbot264 did a great job with the frame rate conversion 25->23.967 for video and audio, but didn't scale the timecodes in the chapters.txt file.

To Use:
Let Ripbot do its thing. While video is being encoded, and before muxing begins, find the temp directory, go into the job directory and open up the celltimes.txt file. Copy the list of frames to the first column in the spreadsheet, and the last column will be a text field with the timecode.

Unfortunately, then it is cut/paste time because I can't create a new chapters.txt file using Excel.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Doesn't Shon3i's incredibly useful ChapterGen do this automatically? Input the chapters.txt file from the RipBot temp directory, and then you can specify the original frame rate and change the output frame rate to whatever you like. ChapterGen will automatically change the timecodes of the chapter file. Then just save as an ogg chapter file overwriting the chapters.txt in the RipBot temp directory.

#1 STUNNA
15th February 2012, 23:48
A feature I'd like to see added is the ability to re-encode a certain chunk when doing DE. I've had avs2yuv.exe crash on me a couple times during a DE and it never finishes the chunk that it crashed on. So I have to restart the whole process because avs2yuv failed on one of the PCs. I'd like to be able to do it manually by either right clicking on the chunk and choose re-encode and that put's it back in the queue to be redone or for Ripbot to know that avs2yuv crashed during encode and to automatically add that failed chunk back to the queue to be redone.

Ryushin
16th February 2012, 01:26
Not sure if this'll help, but I have an idea for denoising on distributed encodes.
Each job after the first could include those frames, plus a few extra frames before it (e.g. 0:00:10.000-0:00:11.000 becomes 0:00:09.800-0:00:11.000) so the denoising has something to work on, then discard those extra frames when the job is done.

Actually, that is a great idea. Maybe transfer the frames along with the previous i-frame would make it easiest.

#1 STUNNA
16th February 2012, 08:34
I'm using the latest version 02/12 and I'm having an issue where the job#_MuxFiles.cmd isn't running or not working properly when doing a Distributed Encode. It seems to finish but there's no movie at the specified location when it's done. I had to run the MuxFiles.cmd manually and once I did it worked. I've had to do this for the last two encodes I did. The video.264 and audio.acc files are there they just aren't being muxed though Ripbot says they are.

Blackwalker
16th February 2012, 15:09
i have a problem.

If i remember, in some previous version, sorry but i dont remember if was the v1.16.1 or no,
when i select the ".m2ts" file of the main movie with "forced subtitles"
(i mean the "forced sub" inside the video track")
i see it extracted in the temp directory.

Now i try with a m2ts movie and then i check the "mkv" video file in
the temp directory and the forced subtitles are still there!!

Is this normal or i'm doing something wrong?
need some help, thx :thanks:

rcrh
16th February 2012, 15:55
I'm having some problems encoding a bunch of OTA HDTV broadcasts. The originals are 720p 59.940fps and I'm trying to encode them to 720p 23.976. But, when I do this a get a lot of duplicate frames and the resulting playback is very stuttery. However, I've played around with another encoder and have been able to get good results (almost no duplicate frames) by encoding to a variable frame count of 29.97 fps.

So, I'd like to know if ripbot264 can do this. Variable Frame rate & frame rate of 29.97fps.

Thanks in advance.

cburbs
17th February 2012, 16:50
Does ripbot support HDAudio - I tried a test file and selected the core file and all but it still was only the DTS file and not the DTS_HD file?

soneca
17th February 2012, 19:47
The RipBot264 does not support HD audio tracks.

cburbs
17th February 2012, 20:30
Ok then I am confused as these posts say it does -
http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu-ray-rip/254-dts-hd-how-to-rip-it

Will it eventually?

soneca
17th February 2012, 20:46
Ok then I am confused as these posts say it does -
http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu...-how-to-rip-it

The site says:"Ripbot264 supports getting the Core stream. Just select Core when you import the Blu-ray and then copy stream in order to get the original Core audio. You can also demux the whole stream to Wave and then use Aften to convert to AC3."

Will it eventually?

I think the Atak is not intended to support hd audio tracks.

iSeries
17th February 2012, 23:28
You can of course manually demux the HD audio track, rename it to the same as in the RipBot temp directory and replace it, thereby 'tricking' RipBot. Obviously this won't work well if you have targetted a specific output size.

rc71
18th February 2012, 02:03
Need a little help.
When i manually crop something, I get this blurry bar at the bottom. It seems to be connected to specific crop sizes, but I have some video that needs proper cropping. Anyone have a solution?

Blackwalker
18th February 2012, 06:04
i have a problem.

If i remember, in some previous version, sorry but i dont remember if was the v1.16.1 or no,
when i select the ".m2ts" file of the main movie with "forced subtitles"
(i mean the "forced sub" inside the video track")
i see it extracted in the temp directory.

Now i try with a m2ts movie and then i check the "mkv" video file in
the temp directory and the forced subtitles are still there!!

Is this normal or i'm doing something wrong?
need some help, thx :thanks:

someone?

BiomedAlchemist
18th February 2012, 14:24
While trying to convert a DVD; I'm hitting the generic "Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode!" error from dgindex. Like earlier posters have noted this is occurring because the command line argument for the input file is missing. However; while some other posts talk about DVDs where PgcDemux is generating multiple vobs during the combine stage - in this case only one very small vob is created. Based on a manual run of PgcDemux is appears that this occurs because Ripbot264 is not passing the "-pgc" argument so it defaults to 1. In the case of this movie there are four PGCs. The first three are trivial lengths while 4 represents the actual movie.

Is Ripbot264 expected to detect the correct PGC (perhaps by looking for the longest one) in this scenario or is the omission of "-pgc" deliberate and something else is going wrong? (In this particular case I worked around the issue manually by using PgcDemux directly to create a new single vob and then processing that with RipBot264).

BTW I'm using version 1.17.0.

Thanks,
Jeff

Whew, my 5-day wait is finally over!

I think I'm having the same problem that Jeff reported (and since that step fails, a d2v file isn't generated so the add job function fails). Is this something RipBot264 will eventually address? It seems to occur on the VOBs where 1.16.X would have simply produced an MP4/MKV with the audio out of sync.

I've been using RipBot since 2009, and this is really the first problem I've had with the software itself. Usually, I find the issues are between the keyboard and chair, and I'm not completely ruling that out in this case. ;)

Is there anything I can try beyond Jeff's "create a new single VOB file" to regain that functionality? I would like to see the new function where RipBot attempts to correct audio synchronization issues by pre-processing, but it seems like the DVDs where I encountered this issue in past versions will not load at all in the 1.17.X releases. I've noticed no problems at all on Blu Ray conversion, though.

Love the software, but I seem to have hit a brick wall on DVD conversion!

-BMA

Edit: Just to clarify, this started at initial release of version 1.17, but I'm using the 02-12-2012 patch.

Ryushin
18th February 2012, 18:12
I seem to have found a problem with burned in subtitles and the new distributed encoding. I encoded all six episodes of Dragon Tattoo Extended edition with Burned in English subtitles. It seems, that sometimes during the movie, the burned in subtitles are either missing or corrupted. This only seems to happen 2-3 times during the movie but it did not happen at the same spots. But I did not have a single episode that this did not occur. Encoding with 1.16.5 allowed the movies to encode with burned in subtitles correctly.

rc71
18th February 2012, 18:35
@BiomedAlchemist You are probably running out of HD space. Working with VOBs sometimes they get reconstruced with every version of the disc. ie If the disc has like director com and ext version, but they are just add ons the dvd, ripbot recreates every version. so instead of a 7gb dvd, you can end up with 21gb and you may run out of space.

Anyway I solved mine by changing the temp directory.

iSeries
18th February 2012, 20:02
@BiomedAlchemist You are probably running out of HD space. Working with VOBs sometimes they get reconstruced with every version of the disc. ie If the disc has like director com and ext version, but they are just add ons the dvd, ripbot recreates every version. so instead of a 7gb dvd, you can end up with 21gb and you may run out of space.

I've been getting "Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode!" with some DVDs too. It's not a space issue (for me anyway). Remuxing (not re-encoding) with DVD Shrink sorts it, dont know why but it works.

BiomedAlchemist
18th February 2012, 20:04

Thanks for responding, rc71! Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case for me. Drive C has 124 GB of free space and Drive D (where the temp directory is located) has 238 GB of free space.

-BMA

Edit: @ iSeries: I'll try your method this afternoon and see if I have better luck. Thanks for your input!

Trayman
18th February 2012, 21:44
@BiomedAlchemist, Try running the dvd through VidChanger made by the same author at PgcDemux. Your dvd probobly has more than one cell id for the main movie. I haven't had the time to find a better work around than that yet.

Cheers Trayman

Atak_Snajpera
18th February 2012, 22:10
@Ryushin
is there any particular reason why you burn in subtitles instead of muxing ?

BiomedAlchemist
19th February 2012, 00:09
I've been getting "Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode!" with some DVDs too. It's not a space issue (for me anyway). Remuxing (not re-encoding) with DVD Shrink sorts it, dont know why but it works.

@iSeries: Your recommendation is working quite well so far. Using DVD Shrink, I open the disc, analyze, then use the Re-Author section.

I will attempt Trayman's method next to see if that works as well. At the very least, it will help me understand the problem and also document a solution for future readers. :)

Thanks for your help!

AmDD
19th February 2012, 01:12
So it seems my audio is off on some of my .mkvs. Forgive me if this is a simple fix or something "everyone knows". Ive only been encoding to .mkv for about 2 weeks and know very little about the whole process.

Some of my files are fine while others are a little off for the whole movie. Others still get more and more behind as the movie progresses. Using AutoGK to encode to avi I never had this problem. What can I do to correct this? And to prevent it in the future? Is it a ripbot issue or a an issue with the way I used it?

Ryushin
19th February 2012, 06:26
@Ryushin
is there any particular reason why you burn in subtitles instead of muxing ?

I don't understand Swedish and I would always need the subtitles (same goes for all the Japanese and Chinese movies that I have). I also have media players that don't support the muxed sub/srt subtitles in the mkv/mp4 file. I always add the subtitles for every English movie to be muxed into the MKV file as well.

At least for me, if it's not in English, I always burn them in.

glen8
19th February 2012, 12:06
Hi all,

I've been using ripbot for over a year and think it's fantastic (still running 1.16.2 as it works great for me).

Well, everything was fine until I recently purchased Breaking Dawn Part 1 and J Edgar BluRays. Both of these have major picture break-ups. Some scenes are fine, but then others go all weird.
Just wondering if this is some kind of new copy protection? or if I finally need to update (which I dont really want to do).

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
19th February 2012, 13:49
Hi all,

I've been using ripbot for over a year and think it's fantastic (still running 1.16.2 as it works great for me).

Well, everything was fine until I recently purchased Breaking Dawn Part 1 and J Edgar BluRays. Both of these have major picture break-ups. Some scenes are fine, but then others go all weird.
Just wondering if this is some kind of new copy protection? or if I finally need to update (which I dont really want to do).

Thanks

You do realize that 1.16.2 was released on 2010-07-25 (1.5 year ago)?
x264 version in that package is r1683 but now we have r2164. Other tools are also very outdated!

I really don't understand your fear from upgrading to latest version 1.17.0 + patch from 2012-02-12 ? I guarantee that your pc won't explode because of new better version.

I suspect that your BD decrypter is also veryyyyy outdated.

@Ryushin
if you want to use denoising in DE mode with VC-1 sources

select ANIME preset and then change
video=FFT3DGPU(video,sigma=5).hqdn3d.gradfun2db
with
video=hqdn3d(video,2).gradfun2db

You can adjust strength according to your needs. 1.5 means weaker denoising and 2.5 means stronger denoising.

glen8
19th February 2012, 14:55
You do realize that 1.16.2 was released on 2010-07-25 (1.5 year ago)?
x264 version in that package is r1683 but now we have r2164. Other tools are also very outdated!

I really don't understand your fear from upgrading to latest version 1.17.0 + patch from 2012-02-12 ? I guarantee that your pc won't explode because of new better version.

I suspect that your BD decrypter is also veryyyyy outdated.

I think it's because it's worked so well up until now, I saw no reason to upgrade.

My decrypter is the latest and the original m2ts works fine. It's only after ripbot has encoded the movie I get issues.

Do you know why? J Edgar must be different from the others

Atak_Snajpera
19th February 2012, 14:58
Do you know why? J Edgar must be different from the others
We are still not on the same page...

glen8
19th February 2012, 15:16
We are still not on the same page...

ok, so you are saying it's because the software applications I'm using are too old. My question is still valid then.

J Edgar must be different to warranty using new versions?

I suppose after 1.5 years these versions have served me well, but are a bit long in the tooth. I'll get all the latest versions.

FFDShow till need to be 32bit version or are we working with 64bit now? any preference of flavor on an i7 2700k machine?

Thanks!

soneca
19th February 2012, 22:17
ffdshow must be the 32bit version.

glen8
20th February 2012, 10:10
Grrrrrr!!!

Well don't want to say I told you so but....

Decided yesterday to do a fresh install of my OS (needed doing for a while anyway) so I could install all the latest versions of ripbot, .net, java, ffdshow, matroska splitter, avisynth etc etc etc

No difference :mad:

J Edgar still has issues :scared: To make matters worse (after a year and a half of happy 16.2 usage) I've encoded over 1,000 blurays and only had one very small niggle with the first 5 seconds of Erin Brockervich. You'd think at least that would have been resolved. Nope :D Not that I'm really fussed, I can live with that.

I'm kicking myself though as I never saved my old installation files so I have lost 16.2 and the other oldies. Hopefully I have a DVD-R somewhere with them on.

Has anyone got J Edgar to work yet?

Thanks!!

shanndogg
22nd February 2012, 00:15
When you have a 7.1 audio file (DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD) an extra "5.1" check box comes up in the audio section under the "Select streams" section. If I do not check that box, does the full 7.1 HD audio get converted to wave and then aften AC3 640kbps and does this result in 5.1 or 7.1 audio? I assume if I do check the 5.1 box, it will down mix the 7.1 to 5.1 and then go to wave, then AC3?

For some reason I remember doing a 7.1 audio file in the past with the 5.1 box unchecked and it resulted in 5.1 anyway. Does not checking the box simply mix those two extra channels into the final 5.1 AC3 640kbps, and if the box is checked it just leaves out the extra 2 channels and goes from 5.1 to wave to 5.1 AC3 640kbps?

What is the recommended method here?

bbyers70
22nd February 2012, 02:41
Is there anyway to have "Inverse Telecine" and "Restore to 23.976" used during Batch Mode?

mmmmdonut
22nd February 2012, 03:51
I seem to have found a problem with burned in subtitles and the new distributed encoding. I encoded all six episodes of Dragon Tattoo Extended edition with Burned in English subtitles. It seems, that sometimes during the movie, the burned in subtitles are either missing or corrupted. This only seems to happen 2-3 times during the movie but it did not happen at the same spots. But I did not have a single episode that this did not occur. Encoding with 1.16.5 allowed the movies to encode with burned in subtitles correctly.

The problem is eac3to. If you check time stamps on the sup files they will all start with a -. Use tsmuxer to extract the sup file. You will then have to apply a delay. All three of these movies have same issue and delay will be right under 10ms.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277&page=41

Blackwalker
22nd February 2012, 15:39
thx all for the answer.....bha!

Ajax_Undone
22nd February 2012, 17:21
http://www.mediafire.com/?87p1812d5e35a3g New installer :-)

Ryushin
22nd February 2012, 18:45
The problem is eac3to. If you check time stamps on the sup files they will all start with a -. Use tsmuxer to extract the sup file. You will then have to apply a delay. All three of these movies have same issue and delay will be right under 10ms.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277&page=41

Interesting. I never new that the original release had problems. I don't "think" that the Extended Edition released on December 6th, 2012 has the same issues with the subtitles. If it did, the subtitles would not work correctly using 1.16.5. I'm "leaning" towards the subtitle issue takes place on the exact frame/i-frame split for the 1 minutes chucks. Only a guess and I don't have any evidence to support this.

shanndogg
24th February 2012, 20:56
After some testing I see that if "Flac" is selected you can copy the stream for all 8 channels of a 7.1 source. If you check the 5.1 downmix box, it will obviously let you copy the stream of the now 5.1 audio.

But, if you select "Wave" you cannot copy stream, and best case you will convert to Aften 5.1 AC3 640. So, I am still trying to confirm if you have a 7.1 audio source and have "wave" selected to end up with Aften 5.1 AC3 what does not checking the 5.1 downmix box do with the extra two channels? Should the downmix box be checked in this case? Does it even matter if you check it or not under this circumstance?

Ookamichi
25th February 2012, 06:07
Hey can anyone please make an Optimized preset for the PS Vita Device just AS there is one for the psp?

squezer
25th February 2012, 15:10
Hi, Atak!

What is the workaround for corrupted frames by denoising process?

I tried m2ts, ts files with denoise = corrupted frames.
I changed fft3dgpu filter to original fft3dfilter = corrupted frames the same way. It looks like small white or black patches or black/white short lines in a picture.
So, it is not the fft3d filter itselfs, but...?

My Sony camera output is a somehow grainy, so it is a problem for me. Without denosing is ripbot264 unusable. :-(

Atak_Snajpera
25th February 2012, 17:56
new version will use HQDN3d with 3 presets (GENTLE,MEDIUM,STRONG) instead of fft3dgpu. My tests show that this denoiser does not create corrupted frames at all (even in DE mode with VC-1 sources!) It runs on CPU only but it is still very fast. also see this post http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1559570#post1559570

@Ookamichi
some unofficial websites say that PS VITA supports even AVC HIGH PROFILE so try with default level 4.0 profile. However you will still have to figure out whether resolution above 960x544 is supported by device or not.

Chudz
25th February 2012, 19:41
I have a problem I am trying to encode a bluray and when I press start it automatically finishes straight away.

The only codec I have installed is latest version of FFDSHOW and Haali Media Splitter and version 2.5.8 of AviSynth.

Here is my error log:

C:\>"C:\Users\Chudz\Desktop\RipBot264\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" | "C:\Users\Chudz\Desktop\RipBot264\Tools\fhgaacenc\fhgaacenc.exe" --profile lc --cbr 320 --adts --ignorelength - "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac"

BePipe by dimzon

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

ERROR: Can't find audio stream!

C:\>"C:\Users\Chudz\Desktop\RipBot264\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -o - | "C:\Users\Chudz\Desktop\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 22 --stats "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 150409 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -

error: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Users\Chudz\Desktop\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\fft3dgpu\fft3dgpu.dll"

(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs, line 29)

x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'

C:\>"C:\Users\Chudz\Desktop\RipBot264\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="Tower Heist" -fps 23.976 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac":lang=eng -mpeg4 -itags cover="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\poster.jpg" -new "F:\Movies\Tower Heist.mp4"

Cannot find H264 start code

Error importing C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264:name=Tower Heist: BitStream Not Compliant
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:09s

Atak_Snajpera
25th February 2012, 20:44
disable denoisng or install latest Directx 9.0c and graphic drivers!

Chudz
25th February 2012, 20:50
Thanks, and sorry I bet you get that one alot xD great app been using it awhile! Got new PC so forgot to install DirectX 9.0c

Ryushin
26th February 2012, 16:45
new version will use HQDN3d with 3 presets (GENTLE,MEDIUM,STRONG) instead of fft3dgpu. My tests show that this denoiser does not create corrupted frames at all (even in DE mode with VC-1 sources!) It runs on CPU only but it is still very fast. also see this post http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1559570#post1559570

Will we also be able to modify the script section to fine tune our denoising. I regularly change the sigma factor manually anywhere from light denoising .5 to fairly heavy 3.5 for films. From what I read hqdn3d will offer even better denoising which I hope prevents some banding that I've been seeing. The four values I see that you can put in should keep me tinkering for quite a while. Time to read up and fully understand what each value can do.

Edit: Boy, I totally missed your reply on that link you sent. I'll start experimenting with it now.

Atak_Snajpera
26th February 2012, 16:54
banding is caused by 8bit x264 encoder. 10bit version from x264.nl eliminates that issue. however 10 bit video is not supported by most of devices. you will have to always use your pc.

regarding hqdn3d for me only first value is important (spatial luma) rest i have always zerorized

Ryushin
26th February 2012, 20:50
banding is caused by 8bit x264 encoder. 10bit version from x264.nl eliminates that issue. however 10 bit video is not supported by most of devices. you will have to always use your pc.

regarding hqdn3d for me only first value is important (spatial luma) rest i have always zerorized

Yea, I've read quite a lot about using 10bit instead of 8bit. It's a shame that this was not put into the blu-ray spec as I don't know if it ever will be set up to decode in hardware. Everything that I've read shows that 10bit is superior in every way compared to 8bit, except for the amount of processing power to decode it. It's a shame really. So I'm forced to stick with 8bit, but I'm always looking for some kind of magic bullet to prevent some of the banding.

MaistroX
27th February 2012, 09:13
Hi!

Have a few questions Id like to see if I can be helped with! :)

1a. Is there a possibility to ge a 3D BD to a working 3D.mkv that would work an a 3D-TV like Samsung?

1b. If, so HOW do one go about to do so?

2. Could the tools be implemented in RipBot to make a final *.mkv and/or *.mp4? ;)

Thx, for the best tool out there!!!!!

A side Q!
Is there a tool to edit 3DBD.isos to extract and add thing, and its still usefull, as change soundlanguages and textlanguages?

Shrekage
27th February 2012, 20:17
I started playing around with the distributed encoding and have some questions.

1. Distributed encoding window size is too tall for vertical screen size of 600 (800x600 on my remote desktop app for my tablet, and 1024x600 for my netbook) would be handy to have it all fit on the screen at that lower resolution. The blue bar with the statistics is cut off...
2. Why is there a 4 machine limit to distributed encoding? I have many more at my disposal... maybe the window could be redesigned with a grid style control with an add client button or similar function to enable more encoding servers...

kempodragon
27th February 2012, 21:30
I'm trying to convert my camcorder files for uploading to Vimeo and am having trouble maintaining audio. The video is 60 fps progressive and Vimeo only accepts up to 30 fps. I had no problems converting my 1080 interlaced video, but when I tried to convert to 30 fps, the audio was stretched and the time showed double the original length. Using search terms 59.94 fps to 29.97 fps didn't come up with any threads, but I'm positive I've seen a discussion on this problem. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, it would be a BIG help if Ripbot could read the playlists. Currently I have to create one big file before I can have Ripbot encode it. Using an avs file caused Ripbot to run out of memory on the second pass and I'm not sure what to set for max memory.

Atak_Snajpera
27th February 2012, 21:57
in script after .converttoyv12 add .selectevery(2).asumefps(29.97)

Slitheen
28th February 2012, 00:37
Ripbot, even the latest version, still doesn't like the Classic Star Trek episodes Bluray. Season 1 set worked ok but seasons 2 & 3 get demuxing error when it reaches 100%. I have to use Handbrake for these blu-ray.

kalleiskogen
28th February 2012, 00:56
Ok, I'm having huge issues. Easy H264 works fine for me. But when i try to use ripbot, this appears: "DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
(C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\ge*tinfo.avs, line 2)"

I've tried this fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-552T0KLDc

And it works sometimes, but the sound doesn't come with the file.
I've re-installed ripbot/avisynth and ffdshow and all that.
I'm importing/expoerting from different partitions and harddrive's but no improvement!

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Best regards, kalleiskogen.

(P.S, on a side note, when i try to export with .mkv, it start the process, when the above fix works, but no file appears afterwards. Fix for this?)

frencher
28th February 2012, 10:53
Hi kalleiskogen,

Remuxe your video in mkv with mkvmergegui (mmg.exe) and open your video with your Ripbot264 v1.16.5 ;)

kempodragon
28th February 2012, 21:07
Thanks for the tip. I'll run it through tonight.

glen8
28th February 2012, 23:44
Ripbot, even the latest version, still doesn't like the Classic Star Trek episodes Bluray. Season 1 set worked ok but seasons 2 & 3 get demuxing error when it reaches 100%. I have to use Handbrake for these blu-ray.

I'm just about to start work on these (tomorrow in fact). Running 16.2 so I'll let you know how I get on.

Fringe was a tricky one, I made my own scripts in the end for those (IIRC, season 3 was ok but it was 1 and 2 which had issues). You'd think they'd all be the same.

The ONLY bluray which has so far defeated me is J Edgar

glen8
28th February 2012, 23:52
Hi!

Have a few questions Id like to see if I can be helped with! :)

1a. Is there a possibility to ge a 3D BD to a working 3D.mkv that would work an a 3D-TV like Samsung?

1b. If, so HOW do one go about to do so?

2. Could the tools be implemented in RipBot to make a final *.mkv and/or *.mp4? ;)

Thx, for the best tool out there!!!!!

A side Q!
Is there a tool to edit 3DBD.isos to extract and add thing, and its still usefull, as change soundlanguages and textlanguages?

Yes is the simple answer, however to go a good job takes around 8 hours. I've created my own program which sits alongside ripbot when I encode 3D. Just a simple one click scripting process, nothing amazing.

RipBot would go through the normal process of demuxing, read in the number of frames and build an uncompressed video file from the deltas. Then you would have to build a totally new movie using the original 2D video from the demux and the newly created one from the deltas. The result would be both movies sitting side by side each other. Once all that is finished you would encode in the normal way. Personally I encode with a res of 1920x1080 and 8GB file size. Looks really good to me and I'm happy with it. Took me longer to get the script working on forced subtitles than anything else. To be honest, a few times I very nearly gave up. Got there in the end though.

When you consider a 2 pass encode of a 2D movie takes 1hr 45mins approx, 8 hours for a 3D is a big difference. Worth it though :D

Ryushin
29th February 2012, 13:34

Yea, I had the same problem with my original series star trek as well. I have not tried it again with the latest version though.

Ryushin
29th February 2012, 13:38
Yes is the simple answer, however to go a good job takes around 8 hours. I've created my own program which sits alongside ripbot when I encode 3D. Just a simple one click scripting process, nothing amazing.

RipBot would go through the normal process of demuxing, read in the number of frames and build an uncompressed video file from the deltas. Then you would have to build a totally new movie using the original 2D video from the demux and the newly created one from the deltas. The result would be both movies sitting side by side each other. Once all that is finished you would encode in the normal way. Personally I encode with a res of 1920x1080 and 8GB file size. Looks really good to me and I'm happy with it. Took me longer to get the script working on forced subtitles than anything else. To be honest, a few times I very nearly gave up. Got there in the end though.

When you consider a 2 pass encode of a 2D movie takes 1hr 45mins approx, 8 hours for a 3D is a big difference. Worth it though :D

Is there any way we can get this script and a little bit of the instructions on how to use it. I have not been happy with any of the software that makes side by side encodings yet. RipBot264 is the only software that I have that can handle subtitles correctly. I still want to convert my Avatar 3D disk and I can't if I want it to have the forced subtitles.

Browser404
29th February 2012, 20:03
I've been using RipBot264 v1.16.5 for some time and just updated to v1.17.0, in the hope it might have better AAC encoding since its always resulted in muted and dull audio making it a poor choice for lower bitrate 5.1 audio since the lowest AC3 5.1 is 384k, though unfortunately it sounds equally dull comparing the two versions results.

That aside I did notice a difference in the encoder settings dialogue box, unless I'm missing something almost all of the settings available there have been removed and if one wants to do any tweaking now they're given a large text document to edit.

While probably no one tweaked every one of those settings to their preference, the way it is now is anything but simple, which is something that's been touted from the start.

Fewer features doesn't mean simpler, infact as in this case fewer features can mean ridiculously and unnecessarily complicated. Even trying to change something as simple as R-frames etc is now as complicated as it could possible be. It is anything but simple now.

While avoiding RipBot for low bitrate 5.1 audio is one thing and rarely needed, if the encoder settings are are the way things are going then all I can say it's been nice and appreciated, though I'll personally be going back alternatives and looking for something new that does actually keep it simple and user friendly to change settings.

glen8
29th February 2012, 22:31
Guys, Star Trek Season 2 working fine here. No problems at all :confused:

Demuxed fine without any errors

Atak_Snajpera
29th February 2012, 23:04
i'm shocked that simple --ref x added to text field is to complicated for you! another thing .you are trying to compress ac3 384kbps which is very low for ac3 (quality is already destroyed) ac3 needs 640kps to be transparent. fhg aac will give you the best quality from uncompressed source or from lossless compression (DTS-MA/TRUE-HD/FLAC)

converting strongly compressed jpeg image to another newer format like jpeg-xr also won't improve quality

MaistroX
1st March 2012, 00:36
Hi!

Thx for your answer!

Would it be possible to share your "my own program which sits alongside ripbot" so one can try ? :)

As I allways encode in 10000kb/s set to a 2pass, Im used to having to wait between 6-20hs depending on the movie i "rip", but the result is amazing!!!

So u mean that in the end it will end up playable on a ex. Samsung 3DTV so it works like the original, but encoded?

Regards MaistroX

Would Yes is the simple answer, however to go a good job takes around 8 hours. I've created my own program which sits alongside ripbot when I encode 3D. Just a simple one click scripting process, nothing amazing.

jamesj84
1st March 2012, 09:09
Slitheen and others with problems with star trek.
WHen ever ripbot gives me an error with any file simply use MakeMKV which will give you the DVD/BD as a like for like in a MKV container. Usually takes a minute MAX.
Then load the MKV file into ripbot to compress with your usual settings.

And to Atak_Snajpera - Any options in further release for more then one audio streams in MKV. 2 would be very very NICE!!

chunkylover67
1st March 2012, 18:18
I have an issue with Ripbot264 where it doesn't shutdown when encoding jobs are finished. I checked the box that enables the option but my computer remains on. Is there something I'm missing here?

glen8
1st March 2012, 18:22
Hi!

Thx for your answer!

Would it be possible to share your "my own program which sits alongside ripbot" so one can try ? :)

As I allways encode in 10000kb/s set to a 2pass, Im used to having to wait between 6-20hs depending on the movie i "rip", but the result is amazing!!!

So u mean that in the end it will end up playable on a ex. Samsung 3DTV so it works like the original, but encoded?

Regards MaistroX

Would

Yes, although my program is hard coded with certain paths set to where my files are. I'll write it all up at the weekend, but yes you can view in your samsung TV.

MaistroX
1st March 2012, 18:33
Yeeeh, sounds great, Ill be waiting to try it out! :)

Yes, although my program is hard coded with certain paths set to where my files are. I'll write it all up at the weekend, but yes you can view in your samsung TV.

glen8
1st March 2012, 21:56
Guys,

I have looked at the differences between season 1 and 2/3 of Star Trek. The reason you can't get ripbot to demux is due to the subtitles.

You will have to manually demux leaving out the subs. Certain movies are the same (might be because the subs contain images....who cares anyway, leave them out and it will be ok)

kempodragon
1st March 2012, 22:00
It took me awhile to finally get it right. For some reason, AssumeFPS doesn't like slowing down the framerate. Manually adding AssumeFPS, not using the check box option, solved the audio stretch problem, since using it adds a TemporalAudio call. However, preview still showed the time doubled, no matter what. Using the SelectEven() function solved the problem, and movement seems to be fluid enough. I'd love to send the original footage so you can test it yourself and work on adding reading playlists, but the folder is 12 Gigs in size, and my upload speed maxes out at 70 KB's/s :(

Atak_Snajpera
2nd March 2012, 14:25
You don't have to send anything because you did exactly what I told you. SelectEvery(2) or SelectEven functions reduce number of frames by half. Now in order to have the same duration with original you must also reduce video speed by half AssumeFPS(29.97).

glen8
2nd March 2012, 16:47
any plans for a linux port?

Atak_Snajpera
2nd March 2012, 19:52
0% Chances.

b@nned
3rd March 2012, 02:04
does anyone know or where I can find the max settings I can apply in ripbot for an iphone 4?

Xdar
3rd March 2012, 17:21
I search the best ripbot encoder settings for YouTube.

BUT!

I have uncompressed (avidemo) game footage recorded @ 500fps 1280x720 resolution. My goal is to reach the best quality in 360p mode of YouTube (YouTube reconverts all my uploaded videos with about 600-800 kbit/s @ 360p).

I ran alot of tests and this is the best I could achive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0XUohouGA

The problem is, I took me over 30 minutes to render this 40 seconds clip (mostly because I max'd all the settings out).
And I really couldn't find any explanation for the settings on google. For e.g. does using the deblocking function make any sense? What about the buffer size? YouTube recommends a bitrate of 30-50 Mbit/s for the best result (source: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=de&topic=1728573&guide=1728585&page=guide.cs).

Basically the filesize doesn't matter for me. I just want the "perfect" quality settings, so that there are no blocks in 360p.

I'd really appreciate if someone could provide me with some tips or even a ripbot profile. Thanks.

Some examples of the outstanding Quality I want to achive (be sure to watch in 360p).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhpWQrZQMxg (no blocks, great quality, even if its a very dark video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rn57KE3JEI (not alot of motion, but the footage is recorded with a pvr which is limited to a bitrate of 13.5 Mbit/s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDa90Np2xtM (he told me that hes using xvid. I tried that with the highest settings, didn't get that quality.)

I asked them about their settings, but they did not answer or told me their settings are secret.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd March 2012, 22:38
you do realize that youtube is manly responsible for low quality? even if you used 100mbps with placebo preset result will be the same as you would use 25mbps with medium preset. youtube will always re-encode your video using it's own settings and bitrate.

Xdar
3rd March 2012, 23:35
you do realize that youtube is manly responsible for low quality? even if you used 100mbps with placebo preset result will be the same as you would use 25mbps with medium preset. youtube will always re-encode your video using it's own settings and bitrate.

Yeah I know that YouTube's encoder is bad and obviously I can't change this fact. It's just weird when other people get great 360p quality while I stuck with my blocky 360p videos, so I thought maybe I do something wrong.

w/e, thanks for the answer.

Atak_Snajpera
4th March 2012, 01:45
Yeah I know that YouTube's encoder is bad and obviously I can't change this fact. It's just weird when other people get great 360p quality while I stuck with my blocky 360p videos, so I thought maybe I do something wrong.

w/e, thanks for the answer.

maybe your video contains to many details and it is to dynamic for youtube's limited bitrate?

Slitheen
4th March 2012, 10:14
Slitheen and others with problems with star trek.
WHen ever ripbot gives me an error with any file simply use MakeMKV which will give you the DVD/BD as a like for like in a MKV container. Usually takes a minute MAX.
Then load the MKV file into ripbot to compress with your usual settings.

Thanks, that's what I did in the end. Ended up being a faster way to rip & load up the episodes anyway! only 4 episodes to go and I will have all 79 done and dusted.

Also, a quick question about the new version of ripbot. I see that there are drop down presets for speed of x264. I usually use default but will I notice much quality drop if I use 'fast' setting instead. I wouldn't go any more than that.

glen8
4th March 2012, 11:19
Star Trek will work fine through ripbot if you select .FLAC rather than .WAVE

Slitheen
4th March 2012, 11:31
Thanks for letting me know about that glen8. If I ever do them again I'll remember that.

Xdar
4th March 2012, 16:08
maybe your video contains to many details and it is to dynamic for youtube's limited bitrate?

Yeah I had that Idea with the details too. Do you know an FX that blurs out the details or atleast smooths em out?

Atak_Snajpera
4th March 2012, 19:38
you may try denoising filter.

Vilmalith
5th March 2012, 17:27
In ripbot is there a way to do a batch encode that just copies the video but changes the audio from multi channel AAC to AC3?

Atak_Snajpera
5th March 2012, 17:38
no...

jamesj84
5th March 2012, 23:44
Will ripbot ever let you add more then one audio track............

Atak_Snajpera
6th March 2012, 00:28
too much work,too little time, too little motivation (i don't need that)

g0th1ckn1ght
6th March 2012, 04:48
Atak
First of all thank you for this wonderful app.

Now i am a complete noob (i don't understand half the things you guys say in this forum), but i am backing up all my Blu-Rays and trying to do it with Ripbot.

I have the latest version and when i click on add, point it to my BR folder, which was created when i ripped the BR to my HDD, it starts demuxing. When it gets to 92% i get a demuxing error which says the following:

eac3to v3.24
command line: "C:\Users\Gothicknight\Desktop\Ripbot\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "E:\BDRips\!BR\MainMovie\BATMAN FOREVER\" 1) 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.ac3" 6: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\6_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, 2:01:35, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 39 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
(embedded: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB)
5: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: Subtitle (PGS), English
7: Subtitle (PGS), English
Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[s06] Extracting subtitle track number 6...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a03] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.ac3"...
[s06] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\6_subtitles_English_1080.sup"...
[a03] Writing the destination file failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 22939697152. <ERROR>

I had a look at the test doc that gets generated and it says the following:

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv:
The system cannot find the file specified.
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Wishbringer
6th March 2012, 08:26
Atak
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a03] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.ac3"...
[a03] Writing the destination file failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 22939697152. <ERROR>

So it seems there are some problems while demuxing source...
it couldn't ac3 write while demuxing, so it's aborting demux and so you don't even have video.mkv

It didn't say problem while reading, it said writing failed!
So maybe your c: drive has some problems? Full? Maybe SSD?
Didn't seem to be an ac3 normalization error, look at file position, it did some normalization and encoding till that position.
If full, just edit ini to change temp folder to D: or E: (where your Rips are)

g0th1ckn1ght
6th March 2012, 09:23
Thank you so very much for both the help and speaking in a language I understand lol.

I will give that a try now.

Thanks again

g0th1ckn1ght
6th March 2012, 12:45
Could someone please explain to me, in plain english (not very knowledgeable with this kind of thing lol) what the difference is between the HD. Progressive and HD. Film profiles please.

I am converting my BR's to .mkv using Level 4.0 (still not sure if i shoudl be using that one or 4.1)

Thanks for the help and sorry for my noobness

JimmyK814
6th March 2012, 19:36
I've been trying for the better part of a month to get the distributed encoding working while on a domain (not using a homegroup setup.)

I have the latest versions of everything posted on this forum, but my encodingserver.exe is older and I could not find an update since the initial install.

When I try to start an encode, I get the Starting.. Idle... Starting.. Idle endless loop.

Behind the scenes EncodingServer.exe is still inserting the domain name rather than the computer name at the beginning of the path.

2:55:56.4125453 PM EncodingServer.exe 5336 CreateFile \\DOMAIN\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\2.cmd NO SUCH FILE Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

I was hoping that someone may have figured this out by now, or perhaps I am doing something to cause it.

Are there still issues with the chunks being joined together causing corruption?

Thanks for any help! :thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
6th March 2012, 19:50
what is your windows version? XP , VISTA , 7 ...

Are there still issues with the chunks being joined together causing corruption?
it has been fixed with latest update.

jett2
7th March 2012, 12:53
it has been fixed with latest update.

Sorry to tell: but not in my case either! The jobfile is done right (\\DOMAIN\RipBot264temp is written as \\Machinename\RipBot264temp)
Using Win7(64) on 4 Machines. Folder RipBot264Temp shared for everyone with "change"-rights (I even tried to share it on all machines)
All working fine in "single" mode, but in distributed mode they are switching between "idle" and "enconding". Even the "master" ist doing so!

But at any rate: a BIG BIG thank you for the program. It is doing a good job for a long time now.

* Wishlist: option to encode multiple audio tracks....

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2012, 14:00
How does your network look like then? Mine works as simple WORKGROUP. So I can open shared folder via \\Computer_Name\RipBot264 path in explorer.

Balthazar2k4
7th March 2012, 15:55
* Wishlist: option to encode multiple audio tracks....

Without a doubt the final feature I would like to see as well. Reason being, when creating files for my AppleTV it is necessary to have both an AC3 and AAC track to maintain compatibility with other iOS devices. I presently encode with RipBot to a MKV file and then use MKVtoMP4 to create the dual audio tracks into an M4V container. While not a huge inconvenience, it would be nice to use RipBot for everything.

Atak keep up the great work. I will admit I stopped using the distributed encoding feature when I kept running into errors during the combine process, but with the (hopefully) new AppleTV being announced today with 1080p capability I may need the distributed capability to speed up the process. I guess I will give it another look.

soneca
7th March 2012, 19:33
Atak,

In this blu-ray, Ripbot not give me the option in AC3 5.0 regardless of the setting to create an AVCHD disc.

Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 26997 kbps / 1080i / 29,970 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: German / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.0 / 48 kHz / 4248 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.0 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/Forum/ripbot2-2.jpg

The libaften.dll used by eac3to encode only if the channel configuration is 2.0 or 5.1.
Is there another way to do RipBot, make that conversion (5.0) using the aften.exe?

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2012, 21:43
send me sample.

Shrekage
7th March 2012, 22:01
I have been encoding on a domain with distributed encoding just fine... I found the following tips may help you...

1. the encoding machine must share the temp folder and have "everyone" with read/write access
2. test that you can access the encoding controller's share with each machine before client PC's connect. (also verify write access)
3. make sure encoding server is getting through the firewall using the right configuration (Domain, not home or public, etc...) this will be dependant on which OS as Win7 has more configurable firewall than does XP...

I only wish I could use more than 4 encoding clients...

soneca
7th March 2012, 22:09
Ok, sent.

kempodragon
7th March 2012, 22:28
Wishlist: Open .mpl files and avchd folders like multiAVCHD so I can encode my camcorder files without having to merge them all. This would make it perfect. :D

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2012, 22:47
@Shrekage
what pcs do you have? more pcs may require 1gbps lan.

MaistroX
7th March 2012, 23:07
Wishlist:

1. The same options as now, exept also have The ability to keep DTS-HD/TrueHD and also keep more then one Audio track.

2. Be able to encode 3D BD's with SBS output to one *.mkv file + be able to choose how many subtitles to keep and not set to burnedin/forced for SBS.

Thoose to would rock many ppl's world! ;)

Thx for a SuperB tool!

Regards MaistroX

Shrekage
7th March 2012, 23:13
my lan is all gigabit ethernet... server has 2x1gig lan adapters teamed together with over 30TB space... I have 10 family members with varying power computers I can use + some of my lab systems that I use at work can be borrwed for temporary use. right now, I am using the 4 most powerful I have which are, the server, a core i7, and 2 core i5's. (the server has 2 quad-core xeon procs in it) getting about 45fps while all machines are encoding... at this rate still gonna take weeks to transcode all of my files...

it would be nice to have a configurable amount of encoding servers maybe a default to 4 but allow more if soneone has the infrastructure to handle it...

BTW... I like the program makes it pretty easy to do the transcoding in fewer steps than I have found before...

Thanks

Ryushin
7th March 2012, 23:25
my lan is all gigabit ethernet... server has 2x1gig lan adapters teamed together with over 30TB space... I have 10 family members with varying power computers I can use + some of my lab systems that I use at work can be borrwed for temporary use. right now, I am using the 4 most powerful I have which are, the server, a core i7, and 2 core i5's. (the server has 2 quad-core xeon procs in it) getting about 45fps while all machines are encoding... at this rate still gonna take weeks to transcode all of my files...

I have hundreds of blu-rays and dvds. It took me over four months with six computers running 24x7 to do my first rips. I was only doing 720p for my blu-ray rips, and have since slowly been re-doing the blu-rays in 1080p. I only have 8 TB on my network and I'm starting to run out of space. It takes a long time to do it in the beginning, but it is so worth it when it's done. User Serviio for my DLNA server to provide the movies to everyone in the house.

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2012, 23:48
shrekage
45fps only. with default profile i get about 20 fps. (Q6600@3Ghz and Q8200@2.8Ghz)

shanndogg
8th March 2012, 00:31
I was only doing 720p for my blu-ray rips, and have since slowly been re-doing the blu-rays in 1080p.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason you are re-doing them in 1080p? You noticed a visual quality difference, got more storage space, etc?

jett2
8th March 2012, 01:08
How does your network look like then? Mine works as simple WORKGROUP. So I can open shared folder via \\Computer_Name\RipBot264 path in explorer.

That's exactly what mine looks like...
I can start the files under \\Computer_Name\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.cmd etc manually without problems, but the master changes between "Queue" and x.x.x.x-> Starting... and the slaves change between "ENCODING" and "IDLE" without any progress (even not the localhost).
Alle the tools get copied properly to the shared folder.
No log is written.

I tried 2pass and CQ without effort. :scared:

Is there some sort of "debug switch"?

Shrekage
8th March 2012, 03:39
shrekage
45fps only. with default profile i get about 20 fps. (Q6600@3Ghz and Q8200@2.8Ghz)

to be fair... the server is running 5 VM's along side of the encoding so it's not used at it's full potential... and I and using a little higher QC of 18 instead of 22 because I have a couple of really picky family members who could tell... :(

another note... I have seen the encoding server crash 1 time, and the encoding client crash 1 time... is there logs I could send you to debug? the encoding client just crashed on me so I just restarted the job that caused it to see if it is related to bad video or whether it's something else...

JimmyK814
8th March 2012, 07:22

I can access my shares with \\ComputerName\RipBot264temp and \\ComputerName\RipBot (the installed folder) from anywhere on my network, read/write.

Even the 1st localhost computer will not work and alternates with the Encoding... Idle...

I'm not 100% sure the domain is the issue, but the file monitor clearly shows EncodingServer.exe trying to use \\Domain\RipBot264temp.

I haven't given up on it, but it is certainly frustrating :confused:

jett2
8th March 2012, 11:29
I'm not 100% sure the domain is the issue,

Due to the fact, that we share exact the same problem, I would be interested in a few things: (in brackets my settings)
* what OS (XP, Vista, W7; 32/64) are using? [W7; 1x 32 & 3x 64]
* Firewall on/off? [Domain:off; other:on]
* If W7/Vista: UAC on or off? [on]
* Do you run RipBot "as Administrator"? [yes]
* VirusScan or anything else [McAfee - deactivation already tried]

Atak_Snajpera
8th March 2012, 12:09
JimmyK814
are you running ripbot264.exe from other pc via network?

shrekage
post screenshot if something crashes.

JimmyK814
8th March 2012, 13:42
Due to the fact, that we share exact the same problem, I would be interested in a few things: (in brackets my settings)
* what OS (XP, Vista, W7; 32/64) are using? [W7; 1x 32 & 3x 64]
* Firewall on/off? [Domain:off; other:on]
* If W7/Vista: UAC on or off? [on]
* Do you run RipBot "as Administrator"? [yes]
* VirusScan or anything else [McAfee - deactivation already tried]

Win7x64, no firewall All:off, UAC off, account with Admin rights, but not built in Administrator account, ESET Antivirus(tried with it off just for the heck of it)

JimmyK814
8th March 2012, 13:54
JimmyK814
are you running ripbot264.exe from other pc via network?

No, I shared the install folder just to move files between computers, whenever you post updates. Since then, I ran your new install program RipBot264-v1.17.0-Setup.exe on each of the computers I am trying. The dates for RipBot264 and EncodingClient matched the dates in the RipBot264_update_2012-02-12.7z file, but I thought it would be a nice refresh of everything.

I attached a short log from last night from a file monitor which seems to represent one loop of the Encoding... Idle..

Thanks for the quick reply, by the way, and for a great app! App is the cool word now :D

Ryushin
8th March 2012, 17:50
Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason you are re-doing them in 1080p? You noticed a visual quality difference, got more storage space, etc?

I originally did 720p as a compromise to quality versus size so I can use the same files on mobile devices as dlna streaming to TV's. Mobile devices mostly can only do stereo sound and that is what I encoded the movies in along with Basline 3.0 profile instead of HP 4.0.

After testing the movie "9" at 1080p HP4.0 5.1 sound, the quality difference was apparent enough that I wanted all my files in this manner. So I started re-encoding all my blu-rays again for 1080p, High Profile 4.0, and 5.1 channel sound.

I also made qHD (960x540) base 3.0 stereo versions for all my mobile devices. 2-pass 1000bit for wide screen and and 2-pass 1200bit for 16x9. Quality comes out to be quite good for the file size, which is about 1GB per 2 hour movie.

MattLx70
9th March 2012, 03:30
I downloaded the latest release and yet I don't see a 4.1 profile. Can anyone help with what I may have done wrong?

I have 4.0 i and p. But no 4.1

Thanks,
Matt

Atak_Snajpera
9th March 2012, 11:51
why do you need lv4.1???

MattLx70
9th March 2012, 12:24
why do you need lv4.1???

I have no justification and just thought it was the best. I want a really HQ file as will be doing some post processing.

Bear in mind i know little to nothing about how this works.

I can use 4.0 and set bitrate to 24k but I thought if I did that with a 4.1 profile, it will allow max bitrate to go beyond 25k. I guess I thought if a scene was complex the max bitrate is a ceiling defining how far above 24k the bitrate can go for certain parts of movie.

Atak_Snajpera
9th March 2012, 12:35
don't forget that x264 encoder is very efficient. even 25mbps is more than enough for 1080p60fps.

btw lv5.1 is the best ;)

MattLx70
9th March 2012, 12:37
Cool.

So I didn't do something wrong and the 4.1 profile should not be available after a standard install?

Can you provide the 4.1 profile string so I can create one?

Or are you suggesting to avoid it?

Thanks again for your help.

Atak_Snajpera
9th March 2012, 12:40
Cool.

So I didn't do something wrong and the 4.1 profile should not be available after a standard install?

Can you provide the 4.1 profile string so I can create one?

Or are you suggesting to avoid it?

Thanks again for your help.

use gui. it does not require ultra skills.

MattLx70
9th March 2012, 13:46
use gui. it does not require ultra skills.

I'm sorry - I don't understand. Do you mean the RipBot GUI enables me to increase the max bitrate? Or is there more to create a 4.1 profile? I used a string I found in a thread and it didn't work. RipBot encoded the audio and then completed without handling the video.

So I was hoping to find an expert here that can just paste the text in a reply.

Wishbringer
9th March 2012, 18:33
If you have a "x264 settings string" you want to insert:
Go into Ripbot folder, select profiles folder, copy one of the existent test files, rename one, open it and insert string. save...
So you can manually alter any encoding profile you want.

Example for my own "[High 4.0] AVCHD" profile
--profile high --preset veryslow --tune film --slices 4 --level 4.0 --keyint 48 --min-keyint 2 --aq-mode 2 --aud --b-pyramid strict --nal-hrd vbr --open-gop --bluray-compat --vbv-bufsize 14500 --vbv-maxrate 15000 --direct auto
<- is only an example, not subject of discuss.
So you can easily change Level from 4.0 to 4.1.
But as Atak said, there is no reason to do so...

slalom
9th March 2012, 23:11

it would be nice to have a configurable amount of encoding servers maybe a default to 4 but allow more if soneone has the infrastructure to handle it...
You can always encode different filees on different machines, it's the same thing.
That's what I do, cause I hate encodings gone bad!

MattLx70
10th March 2012, 02:22
If you have a "x264 settings string" you want to insert:
Go into Ripbot folder, select profiles folder, copy one of the existent test files, rename one, open it and insert string. save...
So you can manually alter any encoding profile you want.

Example for my own "[High 4.0] AVCHD" profile

<- is only an example, not subject of discuss.
So you can easily change Level from 4.0 to 4.1.
But as Atak said, there is no reason to do so...

So that's the proper 4.1 Profile? I'm confused with the max bit rate being 15000.

Maybe I'm asking for something that doesn't exist? I thought perhaps there was a proper/best 4.1 profile to support a max bit rate above 25k.

jerky33
10th March 2012, 04:19
Is there any trick to seeing the Encoding Server window when viewing a remote machine that is being used for Distributed Encoding when RDP'd to said machine.
I am able to see it only if the app is launched and the I open the window locally at the remote PC, from the physical keyboard and mouse, and then RDP to that machine, however if I have to close and re-open the server app, I am then no longer able to see the window again unless I login to the machine locally again and re-open the window.
Note: I've tried all the Task Manager tricks for bringing that window into focus cascading, maximizing etc. and still no luck.

thanks

jerky33
10th March 2012, 04:30
Distributed Encoding Chunk Stuck in 'Starting...' State

Has anyone run into this, I've had several distributed encode jobs hang up due to this and have not been able to find a common cause for the occurrences.
Ideally there is some way to put the chunk in question back into a 'Queue' state and let the first available server try encoding the chunk properly.
If that is not possible would I be able to manually kick off that encoding the problem chunk and then manually combining the chunks when all chunks are completed, either automatically or manually.

Note: The behavior is that all other chunks are properly completed, and a random chunk will sit there and never get encoded, hence the job never completing.

Thanks

iSeries
10th March 2012, 04:38
So that's the proper 4.1 Profile? I'm confused with the max bit rate being 15000.

Maybe I'm asking for something that doesn't exist? I thought perhaps there was a proper/best 4.1 profile to support a max bit rate above 25k.

RipBot doesn't have a 4.1 profile, that's Wishbringer's custom AVCHD profile he used to give you an example of how you can create your own profile. In order for people to recommend encoding settings you should indicate what your playback device will be, eg blu ray player, PC etc.

@Wishbringer - seems you are aiming for blu ray player compatibility. You might want to change --min-keyint 2 to --min-keyint 1 as per http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=164083.

Atak_Snajpera
10th March 2012, 12:37
jerky33
find ripbot264_update_2012-02-12.7z

page538

jerky33
10th March 2012, 14:04
jerky33
find ripbot264_update_2012-02-12.7z

page538

This is great, I like that you shrunk the size of the chunks this should greatly improve efficiency as I have 1 slower machine on my network that was bogging down encoding jobs, especially when it was the last to finish up.

Thanks for directing me to the update, and keep up the good work.

73ChargerFan
10th March 2012, 22:03
Requests:
1) In New Job, Properties dialog where you can change deinterlacing, cropping, etc, if no changes were made, then exiting the dialog should be instant, no gathering of information
2) As part of job control, after audio is encoded once, note the time stamp. If the job is re-run and the audio settings, track, audio rip, etc haven't change, then don't encode audio again.
3) In "Encoding Settings" add quickie field to encode 10 second segment. An enable button & beginning time would be required.

Thanks Atak as always.

jerky33
11th March 2012, 17:43
I understand that the folks on this forum are not responsible for the x264 project directly, but was wondering if anybody knew if the x264 project had plans to take advantage of GPU based hardware for their encoding application?

Atak_Snajpera
11th March 2012, 20:03
no plans. too much work.

Slitheen
12th March 2012, 10:54
Latest release seems a bit buggy. Shutdown when finished doesn't work. I had to go into task manager to close the application and the temp folder is not emptying by itself.

BosDvD
13th March 2012, 05:49
How can i use this program in internet , not network ? (disturbed encoding)

Can i do it hamachi or something like that..?

Wishbringer
13th March 2012, 09:49
For distributed encoding computing clients need to have access to source material (e.g. Bluray-rips).
So for example, if you have a 40GB Source, and a local computing client and a remote computing client with nearly same performance,
you would have to transfer 20GB to your remote client.
Do you really want that?!
Additional remote client has to transfer computed result (smalller than that 20GB) back to source for muxing.

Maybe you have a synchron 100MBit Internet access, then it is possible (short transfer time),
but if you have an asynchron DSL connection (16.000/1000 kbit/sek).... good luck.... upload sucks... in both ways... upload from source to client and upload results from clients back to source.

archaeo
13th March 2012, 15:06
Latest release seems a bit buggy. Shutdown when finished doesn't work. I had to go into task manager to close the application and the temp folder is not emptying by itself.

Found the same issues here...

soneca
13th March 2012, 16:26

It has been repaired a long time.
This (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1557788#post1557788) is the latest update.

BosDvD
13th March 2012, 17:18
Yep, i know. I have 4 server ,1gbit duplex conn. so it's not problem :) Teamviewer VPN app. is failed :/

Slitheen
14th March 2012, 00:29
It has been repaired a long time.
This (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1557788#post1557788) is the latest update.

This thread is 546 pages long. That update should be on page one with latest version. Let's have some initiative.

Selur
14th March 2012, 13:48
@Atak_Snajpera: got a question regarding fhg aac encoder: Did you check if WinAmps license allows the redistribution of the .dlls ?
(I was wondering since I added support for fhgaacenc but I'm not sure if it's okay to bundle the dlls with the Hybrid installer,..)

Shrekage
14th March 2012, 14:47
Yep, i know. I have 4 server ,1gbit duplex conn. so it's not problem :) Teamviewer VPN app. is failed :/

first thing you have to do is make sure you have SMB access (can access \\server\ripbot264temp from each client PC.
second then you have to make sure your firewall allows the server app access.

I have successfully used the distributed encoding over a routed network without issue

JimmyK814
14th March 2012, 23:13
first thing you have to do is make sure you have SMB access (can access \\server\ripbot264temp from each client PC.
second then you have to make sure your firewall allows the server app access.

I have successfully used the distributed encoding over a routed network without issue

Shrekage, what type of setup do you have? Are you using a HomeGroup? I have a domain setup, and after a month or more of trying, I can't get it to work.

Shrekage
15th March 2012, 15:52
Shrekage, what type of setup do you have? Are you using a HomeGroup? I have a domain setup, and after a month or more of trying, I can't get it to work.

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I use for media streaming. it is a Dell Poweredge 1950 with 2 Dell powervault MD1000's attached. I have a specific volume of striped drives that I use for temp space for encoding. It has a drive letter of A. the drive is administratively shared as a$. Also, I have the a:\temp\ripbot264temp shared as \\server\ripbot264temp with "Domain Users" having full control. I also set the folder permissions giving domain users full control.

Each encoding server PC has the a: drive mapped to \\server\a$.

That drive has the following folders

a:\source (all source material goes there)
a:\temp\ripbot264temp (temporary space for ripbot264)
a:\ripbotoutput (all output from ripbot is directed there

On each machine ripbot is run on, I placed the ripbot files in c:\program files (x86)\RipBot, and made shortcuts in the startmenu.

in each encoding server, I started up the server and verified that it created an exception in the firewall. on the client, I fired up the encoding client by itself and verified that I can connect to the encoding servers. once that was done, I started some testing with various source files...

I actually found that on some files the encodign cliend did not copy the file to the shared folder, but instead referred it to it's location on the server (a:\source\folder\file) so mapping the drive to the same letter on the encoding server solved that problem

Atak_Snajpera
15th March 2012, 16:06
I actually found that on some files the encodign cliend did not copy the file to the shared folder, but instead referred it to it's location on the server (a:\source\folder\file) so mapping the drive to the same letter on the encoding server solved that problem
what files? extensions? .avi , .mp4 .mkv...

On each machine ripbot is run on, I placed the ripbot files in c:\program files (x86)\RipBot, and made shortcuts in the startmenu.
Frankly you just need EncodingServer.exe. You can copy that file to Autostart folder.

Shrekage
15th March 2012, 16:09
what files? extensions? .avi , .mp4 .mkv...

after it happened on a .mpg file I mapped the drive and have not had any more issues. I have planned to unmap it and test with other file types to get a list but have not had time to do it yet. to be clear on what happened there, Ripbot created a job#.d2v file that points to the .mpg in the drive source. I can zip up the job file and attach if you want to see it...

I should also add that it does not seem to want to start the distributed encoding for .TS or .VOB files either. is this expected as I found that if I go in and trick ripbot it will distribute the encoding for these file types...

Atak_Snajpera
15th March 2012, 16:10
after it happened on a .mpg file I mapped the drive and have not had any more issues. I have planned to unmap it and test with other file types to get a list but have not had time to do it yet
for now only .vob (from DVD structure!) .mp4 and .mkv are copied. .TS is not well supported by FFMS2 decoder (Interlaced stream for example) so I can add it to DE mode yet.

Shrekage
15th March 2012, 16:57
for now only .vob .mp4 and .mkv are copied. I can add .mpg as well.

I would say that should be done even though I found a workaround for my situation.

as for the .TS files... I have had these for a very long time. and I dont have that many so it's not a big proglem...

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
15th March 2012, 17:04
for .mpg you can trick ripbot by remuxing all your mpg collection to .mkv ;)

Atak_Snajpera
15th March 2012, 17:17
@JimmyK814
run this small app on main pc and show me what you get.
http://www.mediafire.com/?l4h4w7jhe3w0eu9

Ryushin
16th March 2012, 19:40
I'm having a strange issue trying to encode Tudors Season 2 though Season 4. These are Canadian releases. They have no subtitles on the disc. If I add an episode on the list, which is composed of two m2ts files. The first m2ts is just 10 seconds long with the maker of the blu-ray. But it seems as though the audio is off by these 10 seconds. The first m2ts also seems to have the chapter information for that episode embedded into it.

If I select an episode, click edit, and then deselect the first ten second m2ts file, the episode's audio is synced correctly, but there is no chapter information. I have also tried selecting the audio via wave, flac, and core. Barring uploading the entire disk to Atak, is there any way to trouble shoot what might be causing this?

Atak_Snajpera
16th March 2012, 19:48
chapters are stored in playlist so if you edit playlist you also loose chapters unfortunately.

Ryushin
16th March 2012, 23:36
Any idea why the the sound would be off by the 10 seconds of the opening m2ts file? Anyway around that?

Atak_Snajpera
17th March 2012, 00:04
properties - audio delay 10000ms

JimmyK814
17th March 2012, 01:46
@JimmyK814
run this small app on main pc and show me what you get.
http://www.mediafire.com/?l4h4w7jhe3w0eu9

Main PC joined to a domain:

DomainName : ENTERPRISE <-- Correct
LocalComputerName : EPRISE-RED <-- Correct
LocalUserName : (My Name)
LocalWorkgroup : ENTERPRISE

Other notebook that I have not joined to a domain:

DomainName : Notebook-PC
LocalComputerName : NOTEBOOK-PC
LocalUserName : (My Name)

The notebook is just for reference, I never loaded RipBot264 on it. I wanted to see what the difference was.

I noticed the DomainName and LocalComputerName match whenever a computer is not on a domain. If that variable were being used, it would make sense why it worked on a HomeGroup and not on a Domain. Although the casing difference between the two seems odd.

Just to recap, it was the EncodingServer App, that hasn't been updated since 1/1/2012 that always calls the path beginning with the domain name, not the EncodingClient that is more recent, though it could just be learning that path from the client I guess.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

JimmyK814
17th March 2012, 01:58
for now only .vob (from DVD structure!) .mp4 and .mkv are copied. .TS is not well supported by FFMS2 decoder (Interlaced stream for example) so I can add it to DE mode yet.

I've been trying .m2ts files from a Blu-ray this whole time. Is that unsupported with the distributed encoding? I saw "Distributed Encoding for DVD/HD-DVD/BD sources" in the change log so I assumed that was okay.

JimmyK814
17th March 2012, 02:28
I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I use for media streaming. it is a Dell Poweredge 1950 with 2 Dell powervault MD1000's attached. I have a specific volume of striped drives that I use for temp space for encoding. It has a drive letter of A. the drive is administratively shared as a$. Also, I have the a:\temp\ripbot264temp shared as \\server\ripbot264temp with "Domain Users" having full control. I also set the folder permissions giving domain users full control.

Each encoding server PC has the a: drive mapped to \\server\a$.

That drive has the following folders

a:\source (all source material goes there)
a:\temp\ripbot264temp (temporary space for ripbot264)
a:\ripbotoutput (all output from ripbot is directed there

in each encoding server, I started up the server and verified that it created an exception in the firewall. on the client, I fired up the encoding client by itself and verified that I can connect to the encoding servers. once that was done, I started some testing with various source files...

I too am using Server 2008 R2. I use RipBot264 primarily on a Windows 7 PC joined to the domain. This is where I load RipBot264, with the distributed encoding enabled and it loads up the client and server by itself. The ripbot264temp folder is shared so that \\ComputerName\ripbot264temp resolves on any computer on the network including the server. Permissions are set to Full Control for everyone during my testing. The firewall is turned off completely.

I also installed RipBot264 on another workstation and the Windows 2008 R2 server as well. ripbot264temp is shared on those two systems so that \\server\ripbot264temp and \\workstation2\ripbot264temp resolves. I'm not sure if this was necessary or not, if not ever running the client on those PC's.

The Encoding client does not even work when using the Encoding server on the local computer for me, trying to call \\domain\ripbot264temp instead of \\ComputerName\ripbot264temp.

I didn't do any of what you did with the a: drive. Are you running the client on the Domain Controller? I haven't tried that.

My windows 2008 R2 server shows:

DomainName : ENTERPRISE <-- Correct
LocalComputerName : EPRISE-SVR <-- Correct
LocalUserName : Administrator

with the test app.

I'll try to duplicate some of your setup to see if I have better luck. Is your StoreTempFilesin= set to a local drive on each PC or are you pointing to your mapped A: on every computer?

I am not pointing all of the temp folders to the same temp folder, though I did try this once. It seems like that wouldn't be how it's designed to work.

Thanks for explaining your setup so clearly.

JimmyK814
17th March 2012, 03:11
Just to add one more thing - all of the chunk files appear to be correct:

EPRISE-RED = ComputerName
ENTERPRISE = DomainName

\\eprise-red\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.cmd exists and contains:

"\\EPRISE-RED\Ripbot264temp\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "\\EPRISE-RED\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.avs" -o - | "\\EPRISE-RED\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 20 --stats "\\EPRISE-RED\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 1439 --sar 1:1 --level 4.1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --stdin y4m --output "\\EPRISE-RED\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.264" -

The encoding server window shows Encoding started... and then Encoding terminated. immediately. When using a file monitor EncodingServer.exe is trying to access \\ENTERPRISE\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.cmd instead of \\eprise-red\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\1.cmd

Shrekage
17th March 2012, 05:13
I'll try to duplicate some of your setup to see if I have better luck. Is your StoreTempFilesin= set to a local drive on each PC or are you pointing to your mapped A: on every computer?

I am not pointing all of the temp folders to the same temp folder, though I did try this once. It seems like that wouldn't be how it's designed to work.

Thanks for explaining your setup so clearly.

Your welcome. I only hope it helps you out...

my domain has 2 DC's they are both VM's running on the server (as is my exchange server) I am not running ripbot on any other machine except the host server which is also my media server. the A drive is where I set the ripbot's temp drive in the settings. none of the other machines that have the a: drive mapped have ever run ripbot, just the encoding server app.

I seem to have the best luck if I repackage any of the files to mkv then do the conversion with ripbot. I did use some of my mpg (mpeg2) files and that's where I encountered the issue that required me to map the a: drive on all of the ecoding servers.

I ran that app...

DomainName : NEWSERVER <WRONG>
LocalComputerName : NEWSERVER <RIGHT>
LocalUserName : administrator
LocalWorkgroup : HART <---Domain Name

Shrekage
17th March 2012, 05:26
Hi,

Here are screenshots that I got from 2 instances where the encoding client crashed.

appcrash1.png seemed to happen after the encoding was finished

appcrash2.png caused the jpb to fail but ripbot was not aware of it's failure...

Here is info from the eventlog for the appcrash2

Faulting application name: EncodingClient.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002f4b7
Faulting process id: 0x25dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd03e08c48dc63
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot\EncodingClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 9d3863e3-6fd5-11e1-bc89-001d096538e3

Let me know if you need additional information

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
17th March 2012, 12:49
Faulting application name: EncodingClient.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002f4b7
Faulting process id: 0x25dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd03e08c48dc63
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot\EncodingClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 9d3863e3-6fd5-11e1-bc89-001d096538e3

The problem is ntdll.dll :( I also noticed that my ntdll.dll is older than yours 6.1.7601.17514

samuelal
17th March 2012, 15:47
Hello Atak,

I've been using v1.16.5 for a while now, but moved today to v1.17.0.

I would really like to have broader control over x264's encoder settings, as was available in 1.16.5:
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/Roughneck2-0/Battlefield/RipBot-Step_2A-EncodingSettings-VIDEO-864.png

Is there a hidden option which re-enables the "full options" window shown above?

Regards,
//subscribed.

Qiie
18th March 2012, 11:06
why audio not sync when encoding 720p/1080p video?
i'm using v1.17.0

Qiie
19th March 2012, 11:15
btw how to use 10bit x264 on ripbot ?

TheNomad
19th March 2012, 19:10
Have you planned to support the creation of a 2nd audiostrem? Untill now I allways create a second acc file manually ad add it to the mp4 file using mp4box. It works great but its a lot of manual work. since you already have the capabilities to convert an audio track from the given source it should be possible to do the same thing with a second one and use the mp4box to add it to the mp4 file. When you use the enable, disable and group commands from mp4box and rename the file to m4v, it is even recognized as a multilanguage movie in iTunes and Apple mobile devices.
.\RipBot\Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box -add second_audio video.mp4
.\RipBot\Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box -enable 2 video.mp4
.\RipBot\Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box -disable 3 video.mp4
.\RipBot\Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box -lang 2=eng video.mp4
.\RipBot\Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box -lang 3=deu video.mp4
.\RipBot\Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box -group-add trackId=2:trackId=3 video.mp4

move video.mp4 video.m4v
I know that i could combine some of the commands to a single line. I just didn't do it yet.

BlayzeX
21st March 2012, 12:35
i'm using 1.17 and when I record with my HD PVR I usually start with a 2min before and follow with 2min after. WHen I try to encode the audio if the audio switches from stereo to 6ch ac3 it will not encode, the 2min before (commericals) and after have audio, but not the main content...

is there a setting I'm missing??

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2012, 14:21
number of channels must be constant! you must remove commercials before encoding.

samuelal
21st March 2012, 14:26
Hello Atak,

Could you please take a moment and answer the question here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1565695#post1565695)?

Regards,

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2012, 14:34
you can change encoder settings using x264 commands.

samuelal
21st March 2012, 14:41
you can change encoder settings using x264 commands.
What led you to remove the GUI part?

It was very useful for those (like me) who wish to have just a bit more control over the encoder without getting all dirty with the command like :(

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2012, 15:05
x264 preset system. Expert users always use "raw" commands if they want to tweak something. If you are not an expert stick with optimal presets created by developers.

crackinhedz
21st March 2012, 21:30
Atak, Im looking to buy a new PC and am going back and forth between an i5 or i7 processor...Ripbot is pretty much the most stress I put on the processor, so I was curious your thoughts on which would benefit? Normally I use the CQ18 preset (bluray > mkv), and right now on my Core Duo (Quad) I average about 12 hour conversions...was hoping to cut that time down, not sure how many cores Ripbot (x264) can utilize?

Thanks for any suggestions...and if I should have posted this question somewhere else please forgive.

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2012, 21:46
buy cpu with more logical cores and with higher clock. for good speed comparision download my x264 FHD benchmark. btw once you buy new pc you can use old one in distributed encoding for further speed up :)

omegaman7
23rd March 2012, 22:16
Thanks a lot for your wonderful application man. I've been trying to convert an MKV to avchd without compression. Because apparently other than the container, they're highly similar. I get Tsmuxer errors with other applications. Ripbot didn't even flinch! Plus it reinserted black bars for resizing. EXCELLENT feature. Too bad about needing to reencode, but there doesn't appear to be a quality loss ;) I wonder if you'll ever consider a dvd output option?

Atak_Snajpera
23rd March 2012, 23:13
dvd uses mpeg2 compression. ripbot264 is for h.264 compression.

omegaman7
23rd March 2012, 23:15
dvd uses mpeg2 compression. ripbot264 is for h.264 compression.

Ahh yes. Now I have your thoughts on it. Gotcha :)

JimmyK814
24th March 2012, 19:51
Atak_Snajpera,

Is there any hope for my problem?

I'm curious as to how all of the batch files are created correctly with the computer name, but at run time, something is grabbing the domain name to call the .cmd files.

Could there be one instance in the EncodingServer.exe that is still pulling the wrong variable?

Did you have time to look over my posts? It looked like another user had different results with the test program than I did regarding domain name/workgroup name.

Thanks for your time! :thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
24th March 2012, 20:04
Problem located and fixed. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to send you 1.17.1 beta for testing

JimmyK814
25th March 2012, 01:46
Problem located and fixed. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to send you 1.17.1 beta for testing

That's great! Anything I can do to help... I will.

kalleiskogen
25th March 2012, 16:51
Hi kalleiskogen,

Remuxe your video in mkv with mkvmergegui (mmg.exe) and open your video with your Ripbot264 v1.16.5 ;)

Can someone give me a link for RipBot264 v1.16.5? Can't find any legit versions laying around...

And the same for mkvmergegui!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, kalleiskogen.

soneca
25th March 2012, 22:52
Link (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zka4r9) to RipBot264 version 1.16.5.

Selur
26th March 2012, 09:48
VideoHelp's archive: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264/old-versions#download (from RipBot264v1.5.1 to RipBot264v1.17.0)

benjyv
26th March 2012, 12:52
Well

10x!

kalleiskogen
26th March 2012, 13:20
Hi kalleiskogen,

When i use MKVtoolnix, it becomes an audio file at 29.8mb when it was an video/audio file in the 13.7gbit range.

And everytime i do something in ripbot, it finishes in a second, and no output file is to be found...

Need help with this issue greatly!

P.S(-)My easy h264 doesn't wok either now. When i put in the file, and choose the output file location, and then press encode, it starts, finishes within a second, and no file is to be found...

Anyone?

jbkappirossi
28th March 2012, 17:38
hey guys, Can some one help me out?

I'm having trouble to convert a MP4 witch i rendert with Sony Vegas Movie Studio.
I've tried ripbot 1.16 and 1.17, When i start it up select the file, it then automaticly starts demuxing the audio.
Thus far no problem, but it take almost an hour demuxing the audio steram from a 1.64GB file of 8minutes playtime, even a full BD takes les to demux the audio.
But after its done the real issieu start, cause i dont care realy if it takes a while, but then it sais; ''Gathering Information'' and then it hangs or something.
The cpu load under taskmanager also drops to 0% load on ripbot. anyone know why or what this is causing?

I also tried to extract the stream seperately with ea3to, but the same thing, when i click on features nothing happens.

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2012, 18:38
instead of mp4 could you use avi with some lossless codec(ffv1).
btw. if you have frame server debug mode plugin installed you can encode directly from vegas! I remember that i saw it on youtube

mbatiri
3rd April 2012, 06:31
Hi atak
As any other ripbot264 users I should thanks a lot for your great effort for a wonderful and easy to use program.:)
I have a problem in CPU usage. As I use Persian subtitle (with Unicode encoding and RTL direction) for my 3D movies and also my movie player couldn't display RTL subtitles correctly (it shows them left to right), I use your program for muxing 3D Persian subtitle with movie frame by frame. Its O.K. but use very big source of CPU(my CPU is AMD phenom 800 4core 2.4Ghz) which sometimes it reaches up to 60 watt and its temperature becomes 62 and I think it is dangerous for CPU to work in such situation for 8 hours or more. Is it possible to control this usage of CPU to come down but in longest time do the procedure? For example instead of 8 hours, it does that in 12 hours but with use of 60% of CPU (about 40 watt).

omegaman7
3rd April 2012, 06:44
I gather you use the stock heatsink for that CPU? Or your computer case is rather cramped/tight. A 60 watt CPU shouldn't get that hot. I've never heard of that model by the way. Typo? 60W is a rather unusual figure as well. In any case, more cooling for the processor is what you need. I got an overclocked Phenom 940(125W - 140W), WITH stock heatsink, in a cramped case averaging 53 - 55C. And that was very stable thanks to modifying the top of the case, to accommodate a 140mm fan. Cooling is everything ;)

mbatiri
3rd April 2012, 12:22
Hi and thanks omegaman for your reply,
I think my case has problem for air flow and I don't understand your mean of stock headsink.
In normal operation, my cpu temp never exceeds 40 - 45 even when use corel studio for rendering videos or use converting programs, it reachs max 48.
But I want to know is it possible to control cpu source usage by this program to prevent damage to CPU?

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2012, 13:08
My Q6600@3Ghz very often exceeds 80C during heavy encoding and nothing happens. Rock stable.

soneca
3rd April 2012, 14:04
I consider this high temperature.
My processor(i7 980/ht off) does not exceed 52C(cpu) after hours of running at 100%.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2012, 14:16
don't forget that my CPU is in 65nm. Frankly I don't care about temp as long as CPU is rock stable in Lynx (linpack test)

mbatiri
3rd April 2012, 15:08
Hi atak,
My CPU is in 45nm and temperature more than 68 is not safe.
Is it possible in your program that define how many core does encoding? I think if we can define two cores are used to encoding, its temp should be below 56.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2012, 15:31
Who told you that 68+C is not safe for your CPU?

I think if we can define two cores are used to encoding, its temp should be below 56.
wow. You have bought quad core for what If you are not willing to use all your processing power?

Wishbringer
3rd April 2012, 17:44
Intel Core2D/Q have integrated sensors which throttle down frequency when overheating.
I OC my Q9650 (45nm) to 4.5GHz and have 83C with IntelBurnTest over 24h and no errors.
With RipBot I reach 72C coretemp in summertime (71.4C is still covered by Intel Specs).see here (http://ark.intel.com/products/35428/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q9650-%2812M-Cache-3_00-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB%29)
And I am running that CPU since releasedate 2008 OCed.
Intel CPUs can handle much stresstesting.

omegaman7
3rd April 2012, 18:01
BD rebuilder allows a hidden option for decreasing the allowed threads/cores. E.g. THREADS=3, for throttling back to 3 cores. A nice feature when one needs a free core. On an 8 or more core processor, this could be a very nice feature.

Not really suggesting Ripbot needs such a feature though. Perhaps that's why the mbatiri asks. Most Jobs I run through ripbot take no more than 1hr or 2 at most. I can browse the internet seamlessly. And my temps never exceed 40 - 45C high load. Thanks to my Megakiller.

If you're concerned about temps, you NEED better cooling. I don't get concerned about AMD temps until the 60C threshold is breached. Heat = degradation. I prefer keep the temps 55C and below. Especially my northbridge.

edit - You could always underclock the processor.

mbatiri
3rd April 2012, 19:54
Thanks atak and other friends for their reply
Nobody tell me nor any where I read that temp over than 68 may burn CPU.But I have never seen my CPU temp exceed over than 48 and so I'm worry. In most hard situation, my CPU temp never exceed 61 and if it is safe, so there is no problem.
I am agree with atak who says I bought 4 core CPU and so I should use its best.
Thanks again for all.:)

Gabes
3rd April 2012, 22:55
I got 88 C on my laptop I3 cpu. And yes, it is stable :) BTW: AMD can be burned at excessive temperature!

I couldn't find any ubuntu ripbot. any idea?

Wishbringer
4th April 2012, 15:04
I couldn't find any ubuntu ripbot. any idea?

Use Wine, maybe it works with Ripbot at Ubuntu.
Don't know how it handles Avisynth and GPU plugins.
http://www.winehq.org/

Lighto
4th April 2012, 17:48
Hi atak,
Is it possible in your program that define how many core does encoding? I think if we can define two cores are used to encoding, its temp should be below 56.

Manually edit the x264 command lines in RipBot.
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings#threads

blacksapprow
5th April 2012, 23:19
Hi,
Ripped 3D bluray disk's have 2 options on the ripbot menu, for left and right eye. Is it possible to combine those two into one, to 2D? Can you add future ripbot versions, that functionality Atak?

Zorro70
6th April 2012, 01:00
Hi,
Ripped 3D bluray disk's have 2 options on the ripbot menu, for left and right eye. Is it possible to combine those two into one, to 2D? Can you add future ripbot versions, that functionality Atak?

If you want a 2d encode froma 3d source Just use either left OR right eye and it will be 2d

Using 3d blu rays will usually have a brighter picture also.

There is no way to combine two video streams in ripbot..YET

My sandy bridge 2600k CPU has TJ (Thermal Junction) max temp of 98 degrees C, anything under that is safe!!!!!!!!!!

68C is nothing!!!!!

soneca
6th April 2012, 06:48
68C is nothing!!!!!

Depends ... cores or cpu?

rantonio
6th April 2012, 14:46
Is there any way to disable the automatic conversion of TrueHD to FLAC? I re-add the TrueHD audio back in after Ripbot is finished anyway, so I choose No Audio when I get to the options screen. But I have to wait 10-15 minutes while the conversion happens which I don't end up using. Thanks.

Tuxon86
6th April 2012, 17:39
Hi!

First, thank you for your hard work on this application. It is one of my favorite tool for transcoding.

I just want to know if you have ever considered supporting more than one audio and sub tracks? I believe this would be a nice addon, especially for foreign movies where one may want to keep the original audio and subs plus another language.

Thanks.

benjyv
6th April 2012, 19:44
Hi guys, ( no gays :D )

When there'll be a new version of RB?
..and this when came along? some changes between the time of its release?

10x!

Btw: If a source is fucked up, but someone still wanna save that movie, how can use SRestore with RB?
Any ideea?

rc71
11th April 2012, 05:40
A little help..

If I have an FLV file that has a LC AAC track but Ripbot won't see it, what would be the best way to extract it so later I can just add it to the video stream???????????

flebber
11th April 2012, 06:15
A little help..

If I have an FLV file that has a LC AAC track but Ripbot won't see it, what would be the best way to extract it so later I can just add it to the video stream???????????

In your \Ripbot\Tools\mkvtoolnix folder usg mmg to load and extract.

rc71
11th April 2012, 14:52
In your \Ripbot\Tools\mkvtoolnix folder usg mmg to load and extract.

As I stated, FLV file. MKVmerge Does NOT support FLV.

Atak_Snajpera
11th April 2012, 16:37
can you upload sample ? i would like to see what is wrong?

sreemv
12th April 2012, 03:24
Awesome tool! Distributed makes me salivate! BUT, not having success - have the same issue as Jimmy - the server keeps toggling between "ENCODING" and "IDLE" to no avail! Please let me know if you have the fix. AGAIN, awesome tool! and, distributed makes this a must have for me :)

sreemv
12th April 2012, 06:16
I got the distributed to work after I matched the usernames and passwords - but is there a way to enable/utilize more cores on the remote nodes?

And, how do I enable this distributed encoding with "avs" input? Right now its working with "m2ts" input but I usually make my own custom avs after the demux and input the avs into ripbot.

Atak_Snajpera
12th April 2012, 10:03
de mode needs phisical video file. btw . also wait for 1.17.1 because unpatched 1.17.0 has few ugly bugs in that mode. few pages back you will see what was wrong.

regarding low cpu utilization on servers. make sure that your network is fast enough.definetelly wi-fi 54mbps is not enough. at least n 300mbps is required. btw real max speed for my tp-link 1043nd router is only about 120mbps.

rc71
13th April 2012, 05:14
can you upload sample ? i would like to see what is wrong?

I'm Assuming that's for me.

Here's the flv file. 45mb

http://jumbofiles.com/6v6kyh37qdhq

Thanks.

Gabes
13th April 2012, 09:16
1)Demux issue.

I get this:

Settings\user\Desktop\RipBot264v1.16.5\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\00058.m2ts" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_Undetermined.w64" -down16 -progressnumbers -log="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:06:36, 24p /1.001
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: RAW/PCM, 2.0 channels, 16 bits, 48kHz
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Reading RAW/PCM...
[a02] Swapping endian...
[a02] Writing W64...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a02] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_Undetermined.w64"...
[a02] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
Added fps value (24 /1.001) to MKV header.
Video track 1 contains 9485 frames.
eac3to processing took 1 minute, 31 seconds.
Done.

If I check the Temp dir all video and audio files are there correctly. Only the ripbot menu looks 'disabled' => http://i.imgur.com/q6I88.png . Then after I selected the mkv demuxed file and all job1 is deleted...

I installed WMP correctly, as I seen here, but still doesn't work. I tried few portable or installed versions of different ripbot but still have same problem. I did not change anything.

2)Question about quality. What's better for encoding: bigger M.E. algorithm or increasing B-frame and R-frame value? (ESA/TESA takes so long)

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2012, 13:46
@rc71
remove this utf/unicode character from file name
The Walking Dead - Inside Episode 207 The Walking Dead Pretty Much Dead Already – AMC.flv

sreemv
13th April 2012, 19:24
Now that I am hooked onto this awesome distributed encoding - I am loving it and would like to suggest new features - just a wishlist :)

1] Increase the number of servers - perhaps allow a mixture of 32bit and 64bit?
2] Ability to distribute the load/frames - that is, I would like to say use server1 for 10%, server2 40%, server3 30%, server4 20%
3] Pause/Stop the encoding from one server and migrate/resume that on another server

Atak_Snajpera
13th April 2012, 20:28
1. maybe later. new version is already seriously delayed.
2. this may reduce overall encoding speed. it is very likely that fast servers would stay idle while slower were still encoding.
3. why would you need that?
btw. what pcs and how many do you have?

Lighto
14th April 2012, 11:58
Hi Atak, I would like to suggest a switch in the "RipBot264.ini" file which can toggle off RipBot264 from doing a few things upon executed.

This list would include:
1. Configuring settings of DirectShow decoding filters
2. Configuring of Autoload VSFilter in Haali Media Splitter properties

This will allow users who would like to use CoreAVC or Autoload VSFilter to load subtitles for batch operation have a easier time.

It will be nice if there is another switch which can make RipBot264 add the "convertfps=true" line automatically to handle batch encoding of VRF sources.

Please let me know your view on this.

Thank you!

Atak_Snajpera
14th April 2012, 12:11
This will allow users who would like to use CoreAVC or Autoload VSFilter to load subtitles for batch operation have a easier time.
I understand why you need Autoload VSFilter in batch mode but CoreAVC as decoder? What is wrong with libavcodec in ffdshow?

It will be nice if there is another switch which can make RipBot264 add the "convertfps=true" line automatically to handle batch encoding of VRF sources.
ok.

Lighto
14th April 2012, 12:23
I understand why you need Autoload VSFilter in batch mode but CoreAVC as decoder? What is wrong with libavcodec in ffdshow?

There is nothing wrong with ffdshow, I just thought that it might be good for folks who want to try out CoreAVC/LAV. :)

rc71
14th April 2012, 17:25
@rc71
remove this utf/unicode character from file name
The Walking Dead - Inside Episode 207 The Walking Dead Pretty Much Dead Already – AMC.flv

LOL! I didn't notices it wasN'T a hyphen. Worked fine. Thanks.

!!!!!!!Actually it didn't work fine. It created a 1k audio file that of course won't work!!!!.

Atak_Snajpera
14th April 2012, 20:17
strange . works on my pc.

Complete name : C:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac
Format : ADTS
Format/Info : Audio Data Transport Stream
File size : 6.56 MiB
Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Audio
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Minimum bit rate : 116 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 6.56 MiB (100%)

and final mp4 file
General
Complete name : C:\Users\Dawid\Desktop\The Walking Dead - Inside Episode 207 The Walking Dead Pretty Much Dead Already AMC.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 40.6 MiB
Duration : 7mn 0s
Overall bit rate : 809 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-14 19:20:52
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-14 19:20:52

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 677 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 25.0 Mbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 368 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.739
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.096
Stream size : 34.0 MiB (84%)
Title : The Walking Dead - Inside Episode 207 The Walking Dead Pretty Much Dead Already AMC
Writing library : x264 core 122 r2184 5c85e0a
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=30 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-14 19:20:52
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-14 19:20:55

Audio
ID : 2
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 134 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Stream size : 6.42 MiB (16%)
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-14 19:20:55
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-14 19:20:55

post your log please

Shrekage
15th April 2012, 07:16
Encoding server won't show UI if launched whtin a remote desktop sesion.

I would also like to see the encoding server limit removed or increased to at least 16...

rc71
16th April 2012, 04:39
@Atak. I don't know what is the difference, but this isn't the first time I've, only me, had sound issues. I've tried it on two XP machines and a Win7 machine with no difference and yet others in the forum have no problem with the same file. I thought it must be something I'm installing on all the machine, but the win7 isn't my install so I'm lost. Anyway, like before, NeroAAC from MeGUI was able to encode the audio.

As for log, I have a job config file. I'm not sure what you want for a log file. But check out the LENGTH of the SOURCE audio.

[JobSettings]
VideoFile=E:\The Walking Dead - Inside Episode 212 The Walking Dead Better Angels.flv
VideoCodec=h264
VideoWidth=640
VideoHeight=368
VideoAspectRatio=16:9
VideoProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . Progressive
SourceFPS=25
MovieFPS=25
FPSinGUI=25
SourceNumberOfFrames=10397
SourceMovieLength=415.88
CurrentMovieLength=415.88
SourceAudioLength=0.557278911564626
Frames=10397
Duration=0:6:55.88
Mode=CQ
kbps=22
AudioFile=C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.aac
AudioFileSize=768
AudioCodec=aac
AudioBPS=
AudioProfile=x.x C O P Y S T R E A M
Frequency=44100
Channels=2
DurationAudio=0:0:0.557
AudioLength=0.557278911564626
Normalize=OFF
AudioDelay=0
AudioLang=Undetermined [und]
Output=F:\The Walking Dead - Inside Episode 212 The Walking Dead Better Angels.mkv
Container=mkv
LockSize=0
Size=
Deinterlace=Do not deinterlace
Crop=Do not crop
CropTop=0
CropBottom=0
CropLeft=0
CropRight=0
Resize=Do not resize
ResX=640
ResY=368
Decimate=Do not decimate
Colors=Do not change colors
hue=0
sat=1
bright=0
cont=1
subtitles=Do not use subtitles
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=Do not denoise
AssumeFPS=Do not change
Forced_Subtitles=NONE

essential
16th April 2012, 06:32
Did a search and didn't find anything. I've been using Ripbot to convert my blu-rays to 720p mkv's for a while with no issues, the program has been great, and it has by far the best UI for me.

Lately I've tried backing up my DVDs to mp4, and I've had issues. The setup and conversion is fine, and the resulting file looks great, however i'm having trouble when playing on my Boxee Box. When I play the file everything is fine and looks great, but if I try to fast forward, it'll take upwards of a minute after I stop for the video to come together, it'll be in super slow motion with no audio till everything catches up. My 720p MKV's fast forward just fine and they start instantaneously when I hit play after a fast forward. I've tried two different movies, one using the HD profile and one using the SD profile (with the latest version of Ripbot), but had the same issue with both resulting files, I do a 2-pass 1400meg locked size file with 5.1 192 sound. The tracking on the computer with VLC works fine and is normal, but since my MKV's work fine I on Boxee I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Is there a trick to SD material? Has anyone else had this issue and solved it? I'm very happy with the PQ, but the fast forward issue makes me think something is inherently wrong with the file/conversion and I'd like to figure it out prior to converting a large batch of my DVDs. Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
16th April 2012, 15:06
@Shrekage
What happens in TeamViewer? Regarding server count. Max would be 8. To much copy-paste work ;)

@rc71
update ffmpeg.exe (http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-20120409-git-6bfb304-win32-static.7z)

@essential
post mediainfo report for working HD and not working properly SD
Have you contacted with Boxee Box's tech support?

essential
16th April 2012, 23:04
@essential
post mediainfo report for working HD and not working properly SD
Have you contacted with Boxee Box's tech support?

Coincidentally, as I was posting this yesterday I was converting one of the DVDs I tried as an MKV instead of an MP4, all other settings the same, and I don't have the fast forwarding issue with that file. So it's something with the mp4 process/file, either on Boxee's end or Ripbots, because the Boxee doesn't have issues with other mp4's that I have.

MP4
General
Complete name : C:\bd\ironclad\ironclad.mp4
Format_Commercial_IfAny : XDCAM EX 25
File size : 1.36 GiB
Duration : 2h 1mn
Overall bit rate : 1 610 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-15 21:04:47
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-15 21:04:47

Video
Format_Commercial_IfAny : XDCAM EX 25
Bit rate : 1 416 Kbps
Height : 266 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.347
Stream size : 1.20 GiB (88%)
Title : ironclad
Writing library : x264 core 120 r2120 0c7dab9
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1416 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-15 21:04:47
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-15 21:06:36

Audio
Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 211 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz / 24.0 KHz
Stream size : 166 MiB (12%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-15 21:06:25
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-15 21:06:36

Menu
00:00:00.000 : Chapter 1
00:14:19.133 : Chapter 2
00:23:51.800 : Chapter 3
00:34:16.400 : Chapter 4
00:43:15.300 : Chapter 5
00:52:28.633 : Chapter 6
01:02:20.367 : Chapter 7
01:13:56.534 : Chapter 8
01:25:46.867 : Chapter 9
01:36:01.334 : Chapter 10
01:45:54.400 : Chapter 11
01:54:17.833 : Chapter 12

MP4
General
Complete name : C:\bd\THE_BEAVER\the beaver.mp4
File size : 1.36 GiB
Duration : 1h 30mn
Overall bit rate : 2 146 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-16 02:36:29
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-16 02:36:29

Video
Format profile : Main@L3.0
Bit rate : 1 952 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 10 000 Kbps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.478
Stream size : 1.24 GiB (91%)
Title : the beaver
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1952 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=10000 / vbv_bufsize=10000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-16 02:36:29
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-16 02:38:08

Audio
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 206 Kbps
Stream size : 125 MiB (9%)
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-16 02:38:01
Tagged date : UTC 2012-04-16 02:38:08

Menu
00:00:00.000 : Chapter 1
00:06:52.700 : Chapter 2
00:11:36.933 : Chapter 3
00:14:40.533 : Chapter 4
00:19:55.533 : Chapter 5
00:24:17.367 : Chapter 6
00:30:54.867 : Chapter 7
00:33:26.367 : Chapter 8
00:40:01.034 : Chapter 9
00:48:16.534 : Chapter 10
00:51:08.201 : Chapter 11
00:55:29.168 : Chapter 12
01:00:48.168 : Chapter 13
01:05:25.334 : Chapter 14
01:08:59.434 : Chapter 15
01:12:06.867 : Chapter 16
01:16:47.167 : Chapter 17
01:21:59.534 : Chapter 18

MKV
General
Unique ID : 226002551083173183169057163372396832523 (0xAA06821079C61F34989A308D3444670B)
Complete name : C:\bd\THE_BEAVER\the beaver.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 1.37 GiB
Overall bit rate : 2 150 Kbps
Movie name : the beaver
Encoded date : UTC 2012-04-16 07:11:07
Writing application : mkvmerge v5.2.0 ('I can't explain') built on Dec 29 2011 19:29:57
Writing library : libebml v1.2.3 + libmatroska v1.3.0

Video
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Nominal bit rate : 1 957 Kbps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.479
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1957 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
Codec ID : A_AAC
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:Chapter 1
00:06:52.700 : en:Chapter 2
00:11:36.933 : en:Chapter 3
00:14:40.533 : en:Chapter 4
00:19:55.533 : en:Chapter 5
00:24:17.367 : en:Chapter 6
00:30:54.867 : en:Chapter 7
00:33:26.367 : en:Chapter 8
00:40:01.034 : en:Chapter 9
00:48:16.534 : en:Chapter 10
00:51:08.201 : en:Chapter 11
00:55:29.168 : en:Chapter 12
01:00:48.168 : en:Chapter 13
01:05:25.334 : en:Chapter 14
01:08:59.434 : en:Chapter 15
01:12:06.867 : en:Chapter 16
01:16:47.167 : en:Chapter 17
01:21:59.534 : en:Chapter 18

Atak_Snajpera
17th April 2012, 17:16
before starting encoding edit job1_MuxFiles.cmd

add this to command line

..\mp4box.exe" -inter 0 -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" ...