PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

pacaveli211
28th August 2011, 17:35
yeah, I never watch movies in anything other than the original track either
might be a nice feature to add for those who want to add multiple tracks though (the multiple track could even be for something else, like commentary)

mmmmdonut
29th August 2011, 03:03
For any Anime lovers, how are you all doing your subtitles? For instance all my Funimation BD's each contain two sup files. One is usually the opening/closing audio track for the music and the other is the feature.

My output container is mp4 so I just embed the main feature subtitle track but was curious if there is a way to build both subtitle tracks onto the output video.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

rc71
29th August 2011, 20:02
RipBot264 is amazing! Does anyone know if there is a way to get it to demux the audio later in the process? So it doesn't do it right when you select a file. It would make encoding multiple files so much easier as you wouldn't have to wait for each file to demux before you start encoding. Thanks.

rc71
29th August 2011, 20:11
Hello all,

I just tried this pretty cool program but I was shocked to find out that Ripbot264 can not include more than one audio track in an MKV file.

For all people outside of english speaking countries this feature is absolutely essential!

Are there any plans to include support for multi audio MKVs in the future?
I'm guessing it's to keep ripbot as simple as possible. Less things to go wrong. But you can use mkvmerge, which is included in the ripbot package, to add multiple tracks and it takes just a few seconds.

samtroy
30th August 2011, 09:41
@rc71

I see, but since it is possible to include "all subtitles" with Ripbot264, why isn't it possible to include *all* audiotracks as well??

This just doesn't make sense to me. And besides: It would be very, very useful to a lot of people.

Well.. maybe in a future version...

klopsknoedel
30th August 2011, 13:42
So you also have to encode all of them. The you also have to have the option set Standard-Flags for 1 Audio-Track.

A force-tag for Subtitles would be great so i don't have to build them into the movie itself.

pacaveli211
31st August 2011, 04:39
just because you include an audio track doesn't mean you have to encode it
also the stuff you guys want can be done via remuxing with mkvmerge. I know that's an extra step but that's what you'll need to do until ripbot can do the operations (if they get added)
It would be very, very useful to a lot of people.
it would surely be useful to some people. but just because you think it's the most important thing ever doesn't mean everyone needs it.
I'd never use it

jandor
31st August 2011, 18:10
Converting DTS to AC3... with quality, quick and easy.
For anyone who needs include dual audio... though the RipBot also converts.

Use my version... Here (http://goo.gl/pqVMR)

Just follow the two steps below:

1. Rename your DTS file to INPUT.dts audio and drag it for inside of the DTS2AC3 folder.

2. Run one of the "DTS2AC3.bat":
DTS2AC3-384kbit
DTS2AC3-448kbit
DTS2AC3-640kbit

The AC3 audio will be created and saved as you chose in the same folder, but with the name OUTPUT.ac3.

8ternity
1st September 2011, 02:48
HI Jandor,

Ripbot doesnt calculate the conversion to fit under the DVD5 and DVD9 AVCHD format. Either if you convert it to .AC3, you need to calculate it manually.

I does like that (convert DTS to AC3 with EAC3toGUI that i copy into tools folder, and calculate manually:

Ex:
4475 - (ac3 size track 2) = ex. 4183, set 4175.
This example is for Multi AC3 Only, or audio I is DTS converted with ripbot.

For Multi DTS; ex:
8125 - (dts audio track #2) = ex. 7293mb, set it to 7175 (take out 100mb for conversion space, containers, etc.) and make an estimate to under 25mb range (ex. 4025mb, 4050mb, 4075mb).

In that way, i remux the output conversion with ripbot, add the second audio track, remux everything in AVCHD and everything fit under the DVD5/9 format with dual language.

That's the only one way i've found to add an second language.

If you had a more easy or faster way to do it, im open!:p

8ternity
1st September 2011, 02:56
The problem is me because I always prefer original soundtrack + subtitles. I never liked hong kong movies with english soundtrack...

I understand but for a people like me that my primary language is something different that english (me is french) i prefer to listen first in my favorites language, and after listen in english. It's help to more understand after if i listen first in french. Also, my wife listen up in english, me in french. It's usefull to add the second language. Same for people how is primary language is French, Spanish, Portuguese.

Many people request that features. If you can took suggestions and on future think that it can be possible if many poeple is interested, we can wait the time you need to do it, sure we can wait.

Personnally, more than two years i've read over your thread and about 10 peoples ask that feature. I'Ve test HDConvertToX software that they are suppose to do it, but i experiencing many bugs so i prefer your software much stable and easy to use. I not like it, I LOVE IT! lol

jandor
1st September 2011, 03:25
@8ternity

Use 2-pass RipBot and control the size of the file containing an audio stream,
in ways that make room for the "remux" of the second audio.
Just need to know the size of the second audio stream.
I never liked 2-pass, but it is the way to enjoy the encoding of RipBot.

Really, RipBot264 and AVStoDVD, are my favorites.

LigH
1st September 2011, 07:46
@ jandor:

Your DTS2AC3 uses Aften as AC3 encoder. Because Aften has no really complex psycho-acoustic model yet, its efficiency is rather limited. High bitrates are recommended to preserve quality (with the limitation that "DVD Video" only supports AC3 up to 448 kbps; but current at-least-slightly Blu-ray compatible allround players and A/V Receivers should handle 640 kbps AC3).

jandor
1st September 2011, 13:33
Hi, @LigH

I see no difference to Aften conversion of the DTS2AC3 compared to other converters.
It may be strange, but I encode DVD-9 with AC3 640 kbps.
Which the best encoder AC3? Which of them does better quality print? I already know the eac3to.

Thanks!

klopsknoedel
1st September 2011, 13:35
eac3to also use the libAften.dll

LigH
1st September 2011, 14:39
I don't know any really free AC3 encoder with any halfway complex psycho-acoustic model (similar to e.g. the one the LAME MP3 encoder uses). All the more complex AC3 encoders I know are commercial. So regarding freeware, Aften is still the best we have. And I did not say it is bad; it just could be better, and you may hear the limits when the bitrate gets sparse - like only 384 kbps for 5.1 audio, or even less.

640 kbps is not part of the DVD Video specs; there may be DVD authoring tools which reject such streams, there may be DVD players which contain AC3 decoders which are limited to at most 448 kbps.

rc71
2nd September 2011, 03:11
@ Atak_Snajpera

Are there any plans to add multiple file additions to the queue? It would be amazing to grab an entire season of rips all at once.

pacaveli211
2nd September 2011, 03:53
just to clear things up here
DVD9 and BD9 are 2 somewhat different things/references (BD9 is AVCHD on a DVD9)
it appears BD9s are being discussed, so dvd restrictions have no relevance

legend63
2nd September 2011, 08:59
hello, I can not make the crop, if we make 720, the file that comes out and 'always 1280X720.
Attached input parameters screen
Many thanks in advance.

http://t3.pixhost.org/thumbs/1336/8831373_cattura.png (http://www.pixhost.org/show/1336/8831373_cattura.png)

pacaveli211
2nd September 2011, 13:12
what AR is the movie legend? (I've seen your screen shot, just wanting to confirm)
and which movie is it?

soneca
2nd September 2011, 13:15
hello, I can not make the crop, if we make 720, the file that comes out and 'always 1280X720.
Attached input parameters screen
Many thanks in advance.

1http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/1-2.jpg 2http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/2-1.jpg

dbone1026
2nd September 2011, 14:01
I just suddenly started error messages when trying to run mkvs through ripbot. After the stream is demuxed two error messages follow:

"avs2avi.exe" has stopped working
"test.exe" has stopped working

I tested a few mkvs and it appears h264 mkvs get processed fine but when I try to add a VC-1 mkv to Ripbot this is when I get the errors.

However, about a week ago I ran several VC-1 mkvs through Ripbot without an issue, and I have never had an issue in the past. I can think of anything I have done to my PC in the last week or so that would have screwed things up.

Any ideas?

legend63
2nd September 2011, 15:29
what AR is the movie legend? (I've seen your screen shot, just wanting to confirm)
and which movie is it?
AR ? :confused:
the movie is united 93 ...

legend63
2nd September 2011, 17:00
Thanks , i will try this....
edit: yes work!!
many thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
2nd September 2011, 18:43
windows xp or windows 7?

dbone1026
2nd September 2011, 18:52
windows xp or windows 7?

If this is towards me Windows 7 x64. The mkvs are my VC-1 Blu-rays. I used MakeMKV to extract the individual episodes (TV Show Blu-ray) and then use Ripbot to process the individual mkvs. I have never had an issue in teh past doing it this way. I tried extracting the VC-1 track from the mkv and adding it to Ripbot as well, and get the same errors.

rc71
2nd September 2011, 19:23
If it's to me, either. At this point Ripbot is my killer app so I'd change my OS to make sure it would work. Currently though I have my i7 running XP 32bit.

pacaveli211
2nd September 2011, 21:51
i7 running XP 32bit
lol....top end hardware....10 yr old OS
that makes sense

pacaveli211
2nd September 2011, 21:53
dbone1026
what's your VC-1 decoder set to in FFDShow?

dbone1026
2nd September 2011, 22:07
dbone1026
what's your VC-1 decoder set to in FFDShow?

Without knowing it you solved my problem. I went into my start program and ffdshow was no longer showing. I went into my Program Files (x86) and my ffdshow folder was there but it looks like something was missing. I just installed the latest ffdshow and now I am back in business. No clue what could have happened, the only thing I can think of that I have installed is the HDHomeRun Cable Card software. Very strange, big thanks :thanks:

8ternity
2nd September 2011, 23:54
@8ternity

Use 2-pass RipBot and control the size of the file containing an audio stream,
in ways that make room for the "remux" of the second audio.
Just need to know the size of the second audio stream.
I never liked 2-pass, but it is the way to enjoy the encoding of RipBot.

Really, RipBot264 and AVStoDVD, are my favorites.

It's what i've done right now. That the way i found to use multiple layers track. Just need to calculate everything before starting the conversion.

pacaveli211
3rd September 2011, 02:48
Without knowing it you solved my problem.

it was my plan all along!
glad you got it fixed =)

patch1
3rd September 2011, 07:36
Does RipBot264 still have to be run with administrator privileges or can it now run properly with normal user privileges?

pacaveli211
3rd September 2011, 23:11
Does RipBot264 still have to be run with administrator privileges or can it now run properly with normal user privileges?

well a crazy person, one without any personal restraint might just simply try it. but I appreciate your self control and reservations in not doing so. you never know what might happen.

personally I've never run ripbot as admin. do you mean that or just with an acct that has admin rights?

patch1
4th September 2011, 00:35
do you mean that or just with an acct that has admin rights?
Yes I would like to run RipBot in an account with user not administrator rights. The name of the account was not my concern. Last time I tried it this was not possible.

benjyv
4th September 2011, 06:43
got it

rc71
4th September 2011, 19:44
lol....top end hardware....10 yr old OS
that makes sense

The purpose of my PC is to run programs not to have the most bloated and newest OS.

pacaveli211
5th September 2011, 17:02
The purpose of my PC is to run programs not to have the most bloated and newest OS.

yeah, silly things like x64 support and security are a total waste of time. you should totally stay with your old OS cuz it uses a few MB less of ram (which is a moot point when comparing to x64).

zachysat
6th September 2011, 13:41
Hi to all

could someone please tell me if there is a way to increase the bit rate when encoding as a AVCHD.

thank you

zachysat

klopsknoedel
6th September 2011, 14:42
CQ: limit the value (minimum is 0)
2-Pass: Increase the filesize

May you also need to change the profiles located in the RipBot234 - directory

mrpitman
6th September 2011, 17:33
I have a question that no one has ever answered. I am running Windows 7 x64, and Ripbot 1.16.5, and all the latest codecs and Java 32, an 64 bit installed. I am noticing after a new complete install of my OS (fresh). When I choose to make a AVCHD and choose the option of 2-Pass. When it does it's first pass everything is smooth with ffdshow and haali splitter, but when it starts to go to the 2nd pass two more of the ffdshow and haali splitter icons appear on the task bar near the clock in which it causes glitches in the final rip of the movie. But, if I'm there at the PC when it fixing to start the 2nd pass and wave my mouse over the two new icons (remember there are 4 of them as the 2nd pass starts), they go away and everything the final rip is good. But, I'm not always around when it starts to go to the 2nd pass. So what is causing this and how do I resolve it? All suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the codecs, but a no fix. I also made a folder in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot, and right clicked on Ripbot icon and chose to pin to start button. To keep desktop clean of icons. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Should I install a codec and reboot, and then install the next, reboot, and install the last then reboot? The video will freeze and audio keeps going. I'm burning my AVCHD onto $ony DVD+R's and DVDR+DL's. I also on buring with 4x with IMGBurn.

hoju3508
6th September 2011, 19:32
I get the same behavior but I don't get glitches.

rc71
6th September 2011, 21:06
I'm sure the icon thing is just a symptom of something else, but if you think it's the cause, you can disable the show icon option. I disabled them because they kept littering my systray as they weren't going away.

rc71
6th September 2011, 21:10
I have a bunch of files that were encoded with Nero simple profile and LC AAC. Almost always the audio is out of sync. I've seen this problem with AC3 -> AAC, but even when I leave the audio alone, xcopy, it's still out of sync. The original files play fine.
Any suggestions?

klopsknoedel
6th September 2011, 22:34
if you change the FPS from for example 23,967 FPS to 25 FPS and you copy the audio-track you'll loose sync.

pacaveli211
6th September 2011, 23:52
mrpitman
ffdshow icons always show in the system tray and stay there till you move your mouse over them
this is not what your issue is. you have something else going on.
are you installing codec packs?

pacaveli211
6th September 2011, 23:52
rc71
what's your source FPS?

shanndogg
7th September 2011, 00:31
I recently noticed some pixelation/blockiness in some Ripbot files produced from Bluray Discs. They did not occur on every rip, but only some. After inspecting a number of my rips I noticed it only seems to be happening from VC-1 Blurays.

For the record I am converting to 720p MKV's with a CRF of 20. I used auto crop with custom size (1280 x XXX)- everything else is left at the default 4.0 profile settings.

Doing a google search, I found this thread that explains the exact problem I am seeing and has photo examples: How to avoid this kind of blocks? (https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21603)

I did a test with Handbrake and the resulting file produced the same type of blocks as Ripbot. According to the Handbrake thread it could be a decoding problem caused by a bug in libav? I am not totally tech savy on this, but could this be the same case with Ripbot? Reading through the threads here it seems Ripbot uses FFDshow which uses wmv9 for VC-1, not libav? - So, I don't know why I would see the same result with both programs.

Obviously, I am not prolific in the technicalities of these programs and I am hoping someone can shed some light- most importantly a fix- for this picture degradation I am experiencing.

rc71
7th September 2011, 02:02
rc71
what's your source FPS?

The original was a dvd, I don't recall, but I'm assuming 29.97.

I've seen nero change 29.97 to 23.97 without problems in the output.

The mp4 is 29.97 and so is the output mkv.

I've tried muxing the original audio track with the new video but I'm having the same problem, even though the new video file is the same time (length) as the old
Very strange since most files don't have any issues.

-------------------------

I just noticed that the nero files are encoded with audio at a VARIABLE bitrate. crap. That seems to be a common thread.

rc71
7th September 2011, 03:02
rc71
what's your source FPS?

The problem comes up even without encoding if I put the MP4 in an MKV container using MKVmerge.

Anyone have any ideas?:thanks:

pacaveli211
7th September 2011, 04:05
shanndogg: what happens if you encode at 18 instead of 20?
do you have the latest ffdshow?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/
are you running Win7 or WinXP

The problem comes up even without encoding if I put the MP4 in an MKV container using MKVmerge.
did you specify fps in mkvmerge? if not it assumes 25fps
I'm convinced you somehow have a framerate issue

mrpitman
7th September 2011, 04:56
mrpitman
ffdshow icons always show in the system tray and stay there till you move your mouse over them
this is not what your issue is. you have something else going on.
are you installing codec packs?

No, I haven't installed any other codecs. It's almost like ffdshow and haali are fightinh one another. First, I thought was the PS3 Media Server (PMS), as it to installs the same codecs are Ripbot, but this time after a fresh install I didn't install the PMS again.

meshaun
7th September 2011, 14:13
After I set the settings and start, Initializing ... Please wait for more than 8 hours?
How come?

Atak_Snajpera
7th September 2011, 14:25
Disable audio normalization and see if this helps

klopsknoedel
7th September 2011, 14:30
May this workaround works for you:

1. Deinstall ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter, AviSynth and !!all other codecpacks!!
2. Reboot
3. install AviSynth from here. (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57023)
4. install Haali Media Splitter from here (http://haali.su/mkv/)
5. a) install ffdshow tryouts x86 from here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/generic%20builds/)
5. b) install ffdshow tryouts x64 from here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/64-bit%20builds/) (if you have a 64-bit machine)
6. reboot
7. try again

meshaun
7th September 2011, 15:25
@klopsknoedel:
I did exactly as you said.
It passed the Please Wait.

I'll post about the result.
Thanks

And, how to use the Megui options like: Sharpen, and color tweaks?

klopsknoedel
7th September 2011, 16:12
klick on "Properties" next to the Video-Encoding-Modes.

meshaun
7th September 2011, 16:24
Thanks..
And I would like to make DXVA compatible videos.

P.S.-You made me love Ripbot264. Thanks a lot klopsknoedel..

klopsknoedel
7th September 2011, 16:34
you're welcome. this programm is one of my favourites!!!
but i miss some features:

- copy Video-Stream to just rip the main-movie of a BD (just like DVDShrink)
- add multiple Audio-Streams (to have german and english language for example)

meshaun
7th September 2011, 16:46
yeah, I saw the author was online.
WHy not request those features?
and also some new profiles like DXVA / and etc.

Atak_Snajpera
7th September 2011, 18:56
and also some new profiles like DXVA / and etc.
and who said that default 4.0 HD profile in not compatible with DVXA????

shanndogg
7th September 2011, 20:56
shanndogg: what happens if you encode at 18 instead of 20?
do you have the latest ffdshow?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/
are you running Win7 or WinXP

Thanks for the reply pacaveli211, I have tried 18 and 20- both produce the blockiness.

I am using ffdshow rev3974 which appears to be more recent than the one in the link you provided (3914). I got 3974 from videohelp.com I believe. I recently upgraded to 3974, I will have to check and compare older encodes to see if they exhibit the same blocks as the recent ones- I am not sure if all of the ones I saw the problem on where from 3974. This could be a solution.

I am running Win7 32bit.

shanndogg
7th September 2011, 21:53
^ Errr, but wait a second, Handbrake doesn't even use ffdshow so I don't know if that is the problem. I am assuming the problem occurs from the same source for both programs? But, if a different version of ffdshow fixes the problem I am having with Ripbot that would be a great easy fix.

rc71
8th September 2011, 02:29
I found a strange suggestion to some of my sync problems. Some suggested manually putting in the info using mkv merge. Naming the tracks and putting in the fourcc code.

The weird thing is that worked for an mp4 in a mkv container. Everything is in sync.

No luck with reEcoding that mkv though.

Ripbot seems to have problem with some AC3 - >AAC issues. The channels to map properly. Nero encodes them properly, but trying to reencode that file still causes sync errors.

The sync problem also happens about half way through at a chapter point. And it's all of a sudden so I can't just do and audio delay for the whole file. (Removing chapters
doesn't help.)

Please. Anyone? I've recoded dozens of shows with nero recode and they are all oversized to get full quality. Getting this working would save me hundreds of gigs of space.
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

meshaun
8th September 2011, 08:14
Hi again,
It was good for 2 encodes
and since the 3rd encode, "Please wait.. Initializing" again for hours

Please help, isn't there a permanent fix for this?

meshaun
8th September 2011, 09:04
I did again uninstalled all the programs and then installed them again, here it works fine again,
I wonder what's with the Uninstalling and Installing thing

Please, anyone, a permanent fix?

mrpitman
8th September 2011, 11:16

1. Deinstall ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter, AviSynth and !!all other codecpacks!!
2. Reboot
3. install AviSynth from here. (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57023)
5. a) install ffdshow tryouts x86 from here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/generic%20builds/)
5. b) install ffdshow tryouts x64 from here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/64-bit%20builds/) (if you have a 64-bit machine)
6. reboot
7. try again

This is the sites I got my codecs from, but I didn't install the 64bit one. Maybe I just need the 64bit ffdshow since I don't have in installed, and I'm running a 64bit system. Thanks for your reply and I'll let you know if it works.

pacaveli211
8th September 2011, 14:10
you're welcome. this programm is one of my favourites!!!
but i miss some features:

- copy Video-Stream to just rip the main-movie of a BD (just like DVDShrink)

uhhh.....it's called tsmuxer dude

klopsknoedel
8th September 2011, 15:48
uhhh.....it's called tsmuxer dude
really :eek:

That's the way i do it know but it would be nice to do that inside RipBot264.
It's just a feature-request and not a must-have!!

shanndogg
8th September 2011, 21:37
Tried ffdshow 3914 and get the same blocks/pixelation. I am surprised no one else has the problem- or at least notices it. I guess VC1 is a problem for the decoding and/or encoding?

pacaveli211
9th September 2011, 02:19
shanndogg what's your source
are you encoding from a bluray?
is the vc-1 in an MKV?
I've never noticed any issues with my vc1 encodes, and I'm pretty anal about stuff being perfect

shanndogg
9th September 2011, 07:56
shanndogg what's your source
are you encoding from a bluray?
is the vc-1 in an MKV?
I've never noticed any issues with my vc1 encodes, and I'm pretty anal about stuff being perfect

I am encoding from a VC-1 Bluray to MKV. For some reason the mpeg4 AVC blurays don't seem to have as noticeable of a problem (there is still some blockiness in dark areas, but no where near as much as from VC1 blurays). I use the 4.0 profile @ cq 20 and encode at 720p instead of 1080. Should I change anything else, or do you feel those settings should not produce the blocks I am seeing?

7ekno
9th September 2011, 10:52
I guess VC1 is a problem for the decoding and/or encoding?

It's your decoder setup, am betting you haven't bypassed MediaFoundation ...

Follow steps 1 to 7 from here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1318934#post1318934

7ek

pacaveli211
9th September 2011, 14:14
It's your decoder setup, am betting you haven't bypassed MediaFoundation ...

Follow steps 1 to 7 from here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1318934#post1318934

7ek

what good is doing all that other than the fact that it suggests to install some dumb codec pack that'll probably mess things up?

shanndogg - you should make sure ffdshow vc-1 is set to wmv9 and not anything else
I thought I had you check that already - but it was someone else I'd said that to.
prob not the issue since it does it with other software which doesn't use FFDShow....but just in case

shanndogg
9th September 2011, 18:29
shanndogg - you should make sure ffdshow vc-1 is set to wmv9 and not anything else
I thought I had you check that already - but it was someone else I'd said that to.
prob not the issue since it does it with other software which doesn't use FFDShow....but just in case

Yes, ffdshow has VC-1 decoder listed as wmv9.

eliw
10th September 2011, 00:59
Hello,
Once ripbot demuxes your MT2S into Audio Video and subs... instead of reencoding the streams then muxing them into MKV can it not simply let me remux (without any encoding done) the streams that I need to MKV - same way as say MKVmerge does.

All I need is strip whats not needed like foreign languages and foreign subs and keep what I need.

This would be amazing and quite simple to do I would have thought - basically in the encoder settings you would have an option to leave all the settings the same as the original resulting in just a quick remux job...

I am hoping that this is already possible (in Ripbot) and someone would just tell me how stupid I am for not seeing it - please don;t tell me to go back to the old archai ways of demuxing manually with eac3to then remuxing again manually with mkvmerge .. I wanna do batch queues !!! :)

pacaveli211
10th September 2011, 06:56
please don;t tell me to go back to the old archai ways of demuxing manually with eac3to then remuxing again manually with mkvmerge .. I wanna do batch queues !!! :)
eac3to is archaic?
btw, it seems you can have eac3to automatically mux to MKV for you, rather than using mkvmerge

7ekno
10th September 2011, 11:06
what good is doing all that

Cause the guy is clueless and just setting FFDShow to WMV9 is not enough, on Windows 7 you need to tell MediaFoundation not to decode VC-1 (or it will by default, not matter what is installed or what DirectShow options are) ...

So the very least he needs to ensure wmv9 is set and run the preferred filter tweak that disables MediaFoundation ...

My VC-1 decodes were once badly macroblocking and the above link step-by-step actually fixed the problem when the collective brain trust here couldn't ;)

7ek

puplone
10th September 2011, 11:35
A noob question:
How can I add an additional audio profile of 48 kbps in the drop down list of RipBot since I can find the lowest value 64 kbps?
Its crazy to edit 'job#_EncodeAudio.cmd' for every single job and change the value to 49152.

Any idea? Thanx.

Atak_Snajpera
10th September 2011, 13:18
A noob question:
How can I add an additional audio profile of 48 kbps in the drop down list of RipBot since I can find the lowest value 64 kbps?
Its crazy to edit 'job#_EncodeAudio.cmd' for every single job and change the value to 49152.

Any idea? Thanx.

How many MB do you save by using 48kbps versus 64kbps?

64kbps - 48kbps = 16kbps
16kbps / 8 = 2KB/s

7200s (120min movie) * 2KB/s = 14MB !!!

I see no reason to go below 64kbps.

klopsknoedel
11th September 2011, 21:11
Hi Atak,

i've got some display-issues with *.sub - Subtitles within an MKV while playing it on a Blu-Ray-Player (LG BD550).
Even if I add this MKV in tsmuxer to mux to an AVCHD tsmuxer can't read these subtitle-tracks.

If I exchange these *.sub-files with the original *.sup everything works fine. Whithin the Player AND tsmuxer.

pacaveli211
12th September 2011, 05:45
so....why are you changing them to .sub?
.sub are dvd files aren't they?

klopsknoedel
12th September 2011, 12:20
@pacaveli211
did you asked me?

I don't change them to *.sub ... RipBot does this while adding *.sup - files to the job.

Atak_Snajpera
12th September 2011, 13:02
I don't change them to *.sub ... RipBot does this while adding *.sup - files to the job.
There is an option in ripbot264.ini to disable that conversion

BTW. Do converted subtitles work in MPC-HC?

klopsknoedel
12th September 2011, 19:44
Yes. Perfectly. Even in VLC and PowerDVD9.

shanndogg
13th September 2011, 07:21
My VC-1 decodes were once badly macroblocking and the above link step-by-step actually fixed the problem when the collective brain trust here couldn't ;)

7ek

Thanks for the help, haven't tried the suggested K-lite/mediafoundation tweak yet, but there has been a strange development in my situation:

Normally, I do the encode with Ripbot and quickly scan through it using WMP12 to make sure it came out OK. In WMP12, I get the major macro-blocking. I downloaded VLC media player to see if there was a difference and there is.

WMP12 would show the blocking/pixelation always in the same spots and scenes. This macro-blocking in the specific areas is gone when playing back in VLC, BUT the overall quality is worse as the blocking/distortion will seem like it is starting to fade in- then all of a sudden it will snap off and the picture will look normal. Then after a time it will repeat the process of the distortion starting to appear, then disappears. The level of distortion varies.

Any thoughts on my situation now, or have any of you experienced this and were able to fix it?

7ekno
13th September 2011, 11:35
WMP12 using MediaFoundation decoding, VLC has internals ...

Check with DXVA turned off as well (there was a DXVA bug that could cause macroblocking in certain versions) ...

If the decode is the same with and without DXVA in VLC, then it's in the encode, in which case you will have to bypass MediaFoundation for the decode process before the encode :P

7ek

pacaveli211
13th September 2011, 14:49
play the file with something better
I've had times where VLC will do weird things like that - when it's not the file itself, just VLC's codecs
try playing it with MPC and see what it looks like. you may not even have an issue with your encodes after all

klopsknoedel
13th September 2011, 15:25
I also recommend MPC-HC. Can be downloaded over here (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/). Very lightweight and powerfull with the ability to use external decoders like the ffdshow ones.

If you have problems with H.264 in MPC-HC go to "Properties -> Internal Filters" and uncheck the H264/AVC and VC1 filter to force external decoding by ffdshow (or others you've selected using Win7DSFilterTweaker).

shanndogg
15th September 2011, 04:23
WMP12 using MediaFoundation decoding, VLC has internals ...

Check with DXVA turned off as well (there was a DXVA bug that could cause macroblocking in certain versions) ...

If the decode is the same with and without DXVA in VLC, then it's in the encode, in which case you will have to bypass MediaFoundation for the decode process before the encode :P

7ek

Tried with VLC GPU acceleration on and off (believe this is the DXVA setting) and it gave me the same appearing/disappearing blocky result. I followed the 7 steps you previously linked using the K-lite mega codec pack and Win7DSFilter Tweak and did another encode with Ripbot. Same results.

play the file with something better
I've had times where VLC will do weird things like that - when it's not the file itself, just VLC's codecs
try playing it with MPC and see what it looks like. you may not even have an issue with your encodes after all

Downloaded MPC-HC and it provides the same type of problems I was having with WMP12. Tried playing the encodes pre and post the k-lite/media foundation tweak method- all have same results.

I also recommend MPC-HC. Can be downloaded over here (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/). Very lightweight and powerfull with the ability to use external decoders like the ffdshow ones.

If you have problems with H.264 in MPC-HC go to "Properties -> Internal Filters" and uncheck the H264/AVC and VC1 filter to force external decoding by ffdshow (or others you've selected using Win7DSFilterTweaker).

Tried playing the files with H264/AVC and VC1 checked and unchecked- no change.

I also downloaded a version of the encode so I could compare it to the one I did directly from disc and it too had the same picture problems. Thus, it would seem that my encode(s) are fine. So, I either have some type of playback problem on my computer or some discs can't be encoded that well. Since I found that link in the Handbrake forums posted by someone else, at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem- it would obviously just be better if there was a solution.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that I usually watch my encodes via Boxee Box on a 46" LCD and rarely notice any of the blocks/pixelation that I do on certain files when playing them on my computer (the blocks may not even be there when playing back via Boxee as I can't see them and they are pretty obvious on the computer). Not sure why that would be, but having the blocks on the computer doesn't really make sense as it is. Thanks for all the help!

klopsknoedel
15th September 2011, 09:13
@shanndog:

1. Deinstall ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter, AviSynth and !!all other codecpacks AND ALL PLAYERS like VLC and MPC-HC!!
2. Reboot
6. reboot
7. Reinstall MPC-HC
8. try again

NEVER INSTALL ANY CODEC-PACK AGAIN!!!
You also need to check if you have the latest graphiccard-drivers installed and you're running DirectX9c. Even if you're on Windows 7. You can download it here (http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/).

P.S. What is the playing-length of the video, which size has the encode and on what resolution do you encode?

pacaveli211
15th September 2011, 14:52
shanndog
maybe you could slice out a few minutes of the movie (where this blocking occurs) and a couple of us could try playing it, see what it does on our PCs

shanndogg
16th September 2011, 22:38
@shanndog:

NEVER INSTALL ANY CODEC-PACK AGAIN!!!
You also need to check if you have the latest graphiccard-drivers installed and you're running DirectX9c. Even if you're on Windows 7. You can download it here (http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/).

P.S. What is the playing-length of the video, which size has the encode and on what resolution do you encode?

I have an 8800GTX and am running the latest driver 280.26. I also have DirectX9c installed.

The playing length of the video I have been testing most is 1 hour 45 minutes and I encode it to 720p (from 1080p bluray source) and the file comes out to 2.41 GB. This is done at CRF 20.

shanndog
maybe you could slice out a few minutes of the movie (where this blocking occurs) and a couple of us could try playing it, see what it does on our PCs

Trying to do that now- can't find a program to edit out a part of the mkv- tried AVIdemux but it keeps crashing. Will probably just encode a chapter that has severe blocks, but it will probably have to be with Handbrake.

rc71
17th September 2011, 00:10
Is someone out there who can test a file for me? I've tried it on 3 machines and MeGUI encodes it no prob, but takes 30 min. Ripbot does it in 7 with the same awesome video quality, but the AUDIO again is fucked up.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2YLKML76 is the file. It's bloated and I'm REencoding it into 175mb file. (Young Justice EP1)

Settings would be 2pass to 175mb. HD 4.0 and AAC HE 64k.

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2011, 11:58
but the AUDIO again is fucked up.
Can you be more specific?

klopsknoedel
17th September 2011, 12:23
Hi ... I've tried it and seems Ok to me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xqbpnz9v4p53z

RipBot needed 19 minutes on a Core2Extreme QX9650.

That's the MediaInfo of the whole encoded file:
General
Unique ID : 173131047205646994231178822616476437739 (0x823FD3A9ED9A3B24ABA876F9275E4CEB)
Complete name : D:\Eigene Dateien\Desktop\encoded.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 175 MiB
Duration : 22mn 40s
Overall bit rate : 1 081 Kbps
Movie name : encoded
Encoded date : UTC 2011-09-17 09:54:33
Writing application : mkvmerge v4.6.0 ('Still Crazy After All These Years') built on Mar 10 2011 02:50:32
Writing library : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=4, N=28
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Nominal bit rate : 1 015 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 25.0 Mbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.046
Writing library : x264 core 114 r1924 08d04a4
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1015 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID : A_AAC
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz / 24.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Language : English

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2011, 12:49
Confirmed!

benjyv
17th September 2011, 13:03
@rc71

- In Ripbot encoding takes also 30 minutes ( 7 min PASS1 and 23 minutes PASS2 )
- Why did you choose just AAC HE 64K in stead of " copy stream " ???

However, Ripbot works perfectly , here it is ( btw , same resolution ) :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqkf4dqp14aneg9/Young%20Justice%20S01E01%20Independence%20Day%20Part%201%20720p%20WEB-DL%20AVC%20AAC-SLOMO.mkv

Maybe you have some issue regarding softs , drivers or settings.... Try a registry cleaning and an antivirus cleaning , too ;-) or maybe a re-install :D

Ha ha ha
@klopsknoedel

I've got it !!!

He wanna us to encode it...he is lazy :D :)

rc71
17th September 2011, 16:57
@atak SYNC issue.

Well that's good news at least. It must be something on my systems that I'm installing everytime.

Appreciate the help. At least I know there is a fix since it's my system.

Any ideas why MeGUI which, uses NeroAAC, encodes the audio fine, but not with Ripbot? I suspect the extraction. When had channel mix ups, Left is rear, right is sub,etc, the problem starts at the extractor, mp4box.

@benjyv
I checked out your file. Does look like it came out fine. Appreciate the time.

As for the time... I'm lucky enough to own a i7 2600. :)

rc71
18th September 2011, 00:41
I've removed everything and just installed the latest AVIsynth, Hali and FFShow. Still have the sync issues. The only thing left is NERO. I'd hate to uninstall that. Anyone else who got to work have Nero on their system?????

Keeping in mind that most files I encode are fine. It's just some AAC and most AC3 files that give me issues.

pacaveli211
18th September 2011, 04:31
I have nero - my encode came out fine
as for my competitive stats: it took 12mins53secs (2pass mode as specified)

Hobbe
18th September 2011, 12:21
Any plans to use qaac or qtaacencoder (quicktime aac encoder) instead of nero?

klopsknoedel
18th September 2011, 12:33
Hi,

I think I got lost in the last two or three posts...
How is it possible to use NeroAAC or QtAAC (doesn't matter, just an other encoder as enc_aacplus) for encoding in RipBot?

Atak_Snajpera
18th September 2011, 16:18
Can your iphone or ipad play this sample?
http://www.mediafire.com/?1akz3a7xzbfkxbh

benjyv
18th September 2011, 19:50
Nice sample !!
Have you joined all those fragments ???? Few of them are of very high resolution ( flying ducks )

Hobbe
18th September 2011, 20:10
Yeah.. nice sample... works on ipad 2 and iphone 4.

klopsknoedel
18th September 2011, 20:17
F****** brilliant... what are your settings? I wished only one commercial Blu-Ray would have these fantastic quality!!!

shanndogg
19th September 2011, 02:34
shanndog

Here is a link to a sample file I have been talking about that has massive blockiness:
http://www.mediafire.com/?01ekii73a0226q9

Please fast forward to 6:10 and you can see the blocks in the shadows and particularly at the shot of the bed on both the left and right sides. Also, in the last shot of the guy in the hat you can see the blocks on the left hand side in the black area (particularly at the top) and the right side in the blue area.

Let me know how it plays back for you. Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
19th September 2011, 10:50
General
Unique ID : 43294437635405724385507939182402684961 (0x2092349439C1C31BFE1378D58D814821)
Complete name : C:\Users\Mama\Desktop\AB Chap10 Test.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 120 MiB
Duration : 6mn 58s
Overall bit rate : 2 399 Kbps
Writing application : HandBrake 0.9.5
Writing library : libmkv 0.6.4.1

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 1 711 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 688 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.081
Stream size : 85.4 MiB (71%)
Writing library : x264 core 112
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Color primaries : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4, SMPTE RP177
Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Matrix coefficients : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4 709, SMPTE RP177

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 31.9 MiB (27%)

Don't you think that average bitrate of 1711 kbps might be to low to achieve good quality?!

http://i.imgur.com/mR4uQ.png

mrpitman
19th September 2011, 15:57

2. Reboot
6. reboot
7. try again

Okay, I tried this install again. Uninstalled everything, and installed everything, rebooted. And I'm still having the same issue with the audio keeps going and the video freezing. So what else could the problem be. I don't ever install any other codecs packs either. I have VLC media player installed, Nero 10 Platinum HD installed as well. I have a malware(Malwarebytes), and Eset BE installed and have no viruses, nor malware installed. So why am I having this issue. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I can do a 2 pass in little than hour. I am outputting to a AVCHD. I have a Phenom II AMD 6 core processor mobo. ALl help would be greatful as I keep having to throw away wasted media. I also have AnyDVD HD 6860 running as well.

benjyv
19th September 2011, 16:51
@mrpitman

What about DirectX ???

Have you installed it ??

mrpitman
19th September 2011, 17:06
@mrpitman

What about DirectX ???

Have you installed it ??

Shouldn't that be included in the install of Windows 7 automatically?

benjyv
19th September 2011, 17:37
Try this one !!!

http://www.filestube.com/d/directx+jun2010+redist+exe

mrpitman
19th September 2011, 17:48
Try this one !!!

http://www.filestube.com/d/directx+jun2010+redist+exe

I already d/l'ed it from M$, and installed it, and now I'm trying to use ripbot for make avchd and I'll let you know after a about an hour if that worked or not the issue.

benjyv
19th September 2011, 18:02
OK budy , waiting for good news ;-)

shanndogg
19th September 2011, 19:35
Don't you think that average bitrate of 1711 kbps might be to low to achieve good quality?!

Yes, at first. However, when I was reading up on what to encode at from guides, forums, etc. the general consensus was that a CRF of 22-20 was recommended for HD sources and 20-18 for DVD. I prefer quality over file size so I went with 20 for HD sources and 18 for DVD.

I was amazed to see most of the 1080p sources coming out at about 2.5gb 720p files and thought that was really small. I was concerned when the average bitrates showed more in the 2500 kpbs range when I read that for 720p you usually want around 6000 kpbs (or 8000 kpbs for 1080p). When I played the 720p files done at crf 20 they looked great. I was amazed and a true believer in how good 264 is so I thought that even though the bitrate seemed low, it didn't matter as the picture looked so good.

Aside from all that, the problem I am referring to in the sample is present whether I encode at crf 20, 18, or 2 pass at 6144 kpbs. In addition, this excessive blockiness only seems to occur from VC1 sources. Could it be that some sources (this one in particular) requires a much higher kpbs in order to remove the blocks?

I am very interested to hear your take on my understanding of what crf should be used vs overall bitrate and, more importantly, were you able to reproduce the blockiness I am referring to when playing back the sample.

mrpitman
19th September 2011, 21:56
OK budy , waiting for good news ;-)

That didn't work. It still hangs for a little bit, but not as long as it did before. I never had these problem till I upgraded to 1.16.4, and converted to a x64 bit processor. This is frustrating.

klopsknoedel
19th September 2011, 23:04
You said you haven't installed a Codec Pack at all but VLC includes a Codec-Pack!
Please try MPC-HC from here (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/) and disable H.264 and VC.1 insite MPC-HC to force external encoders (Preferences -> Internal Filters).
Let us know if you still have these problems.

mrpitman
19th September 2011, 23:21
You said you haven't installed a Codec Pack at all but VLC includes a Codec-Pack!
Please try MPC-HC from here (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/) and disable H.264 and VC.1 insite MPC-HC to force external encoders (Preferences -> Internal Filters).

I'm not trying to watch my avchd on my desktop. I am watching these on my $ony standalone bluray player. So why do I need to install another media player? I don't watch movies on my desktop. I need this issue resolved so I can enjoy my AVCHD on my HTS.

klopsknoedel
19th September 2011, 23:22
Haven't known that.

benjyv
19th September 2011, 23:35
@mrpitman

- Have you pushed the .exe button for installing DirectX ???
- What NET Framework version do you have installed on your OS ???

mrpitman
19th September 2011, 23:55
@mrpitman

- Have you pushed the .exe button for installing DirectX ???
- What NET Framework version do you have installed on your OS ???

Yes, Directx 11, and .NetFrameWork is v4 with Servicepacks

mrpitman
19th September 2011, 23:56
If you mean installed yes, and push is a term I only heard during linux

pacaveli211
20th September 2011, 03:46
uhhh, someone correct me if I'm wrong...but there's a significant difference between VLC and a codec pack. VLC uses internal / it's own codecs. it doesn't register them globally on your machine, VLC just uses them. i.e. installing VLC is NOT installing a codec pack.

Here is a link to a sample file I have been talking about that has massive blockiness:
http://www.mediafire.com/?01ekii73a0226q9

Please fast forward to 6:10 and you can see the blocks in the shadows and particularly at the shot of the bed on both the left and right sides. Also, in the last shot of the guy in the hat you can see the blocks on the left hand side in the black area (particularly at the top) and the right side in the blue area.

Let me know how it plays back for you. Thanks!

http://littleimg.com/public/view/full/6735
like this? =\
it looks like compression to me
maybe when I have time I'll go look at my bd25 encode of this and see if I see the same thing

mrpitman
20th September 2011, 05:13
C:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" - : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 4551 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 199824 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --stdin y4m --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - : 2

y4m [info]: 1280x720p 1:1 @ 10000000/417083 fps (cfr)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (25000) > level limit (20000)

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast FastShuffle SSEMisalign LZCNT

x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0
C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 1280x720, 10000000/417083 fps, 199824 frames

x264 [info]: frame I:1946 Avg QP:15.85 size:115593

x264 [info]: frame P:102275 Avg QP:18.75 size: 35955

x264 [info]: frame B:95603 Avg QP:21.13 size: 8323

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 21.1% 41.0% 13.4% 24.6%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 35.6% 0.0% 64.4%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 23.7% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 61.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:14.8%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 2.9% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 28.4% 0.0% 0.0% direct:11.8% skip:56.9% L0:30.0% L1:45.1% BI:24.9%

x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 18.38

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 47.9% 53.6% 18.7% inter: 25.9% 20.4% 1.3%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 37% 26% 26% 11%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 18% 21% 19% 4% 10% 6% 7% 6% 9%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 54% 24% 19% 3%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:4.2% UV:1.2%

x264 [info]: kb/s:4509.44

encoded 199824 frames, 63.45 fps, 4509.44 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" - : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 4551 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 199824 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --stdin y4m --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - : 2

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast FastShuffle SSEMisalign LZCNT

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0
C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 1280x720, 10000000/417083 fps, 199824 frames

x264 [info]: frame I:1946 Avg QP:17.41 size: 99923

x264 [info]: frame P:102275 Avg QP:19.11 size: 36101

x264 [info]: frame B:95603 Avg QP:22.11 size: 8918

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 15.4% 67.6% 16.9%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 3.6% 11.8% 1.6% P16..4: 44.9% 17.8% 4.9% 0.6% 0.7% skip:14.1%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.3% 0.7% 0.1% B16..8: 42.5% 6.3% 1.4% direct: 3.6% skip:45.1% L0:38.3% L1:49.9% BI:11.8%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:68.9% inter:66.2%

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 65.6% 70.2% 35.0% inter: 28.6% 30.1% 2.2%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 41% 24% 7% 28%

x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 16% 15% 25% 6% 8% 8% 8% 7% 8%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 17% 19% 18% 6% 10% 9% 9% 7% 7%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 54% 22% 18% 5%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:4.7% UV:1.2%

x264 [info]: ref P L0: 65.2% 15.3% 12.6% 6.6% 0.2%

x264 [info]: ref B L0: 90.1% 9.9%

x264 [info]: kb/s:4549.17

encoded 199824 frames, 29.16 fps, 4549.17 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD"

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net

Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 23.976

H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=23.976

Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 5.1

Processed 199825 video frames

Creation of AVCHD playlist

Creation of AVCHD stream info and seek index

Muxing time: 1 min 45 sec

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE\BACKUP"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\AUXDATA"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\BDJO"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\JAR"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\META"

Elapsed Time: 02h:48m:52s

Can no one figure it out my issue through this log I have provided?

shanndogg
21st September 2011, 01:16
like this? =\
it looks like compression to me
maybe when I have time I'll go look at my bd25 encode of this and see if I see the same thing

Thanks, I would be interested to hear what your bd25 looks like compared to the sample file.

Especially, since I found this thread (http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/338855-how-does-Ripbot264-think) on Videohelp that seems to discuss the exact problem I brought up starting at post #7. From the thread and my own experience, it seems like the problem is one of two things: either there is some type of decode and/or encode problem with VC1 sources, or it's working as intended and your monitor black levels need to be at a certain setting. I would lean towards the former as non-VC1 sources seem to come out ok.

pacaveli211
21st September 2011, 01:50
Thanks, I would be interested to hear what your bd25 looks like compared to the sample file.

Especially, since I found this thread (http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/338855-how-does-Ripbot264-think) on Videohelp that seems to discuss the exact problem I brought up starting at post #7. From the thread and my own experience, it seems like the problem is one of two things: either there is some type of decode and/or encode problem with VC1 sources, or it's working as intended and your monitor black levels need to be at a certain setting. I would lean towards the former as non-VC1 sources seem to come out ok.

not the exact same frame, but close enough
http://littleimg.com/public/view/full/6739

Zorro70
21st September 2011, 02:29
C:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" - : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 4551 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 199824 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --stdin y4m --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - : 2

x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (25000) > level limit (20000)

x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0

x264 [info]: frame I:1946 Avg QP:15.85 size:115593

x264 [info]: frame P:102275 Avg QP:18.75 size: 35955

x264 [info]: frame B:95603 Avg QP:21.13 size: 8323

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 35.6% 0.0% 64.4%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 23.7% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 61.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:14.8%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 2.9% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 28.4% 0.0% 0.0% direct:11.8% skip:56.9% L0:30.0% L1:45.1% BI:24.9%

x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 18.38

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 47.9% 53.6% 18.7% inter: 25.9% 20.4% 1.3%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 37% 26% 26% 11%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 18% 21% 19% 4% 10% 6% 7% 6% 9%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 54% 24% 19% 3%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:4.2% UV:1.2%

x264 [info]: kb/s:4509.44

encoded 199824 frames, 63.45 fps, 4509.44 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" - : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 4551 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 199824 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --stdin y4m --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - : 2

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0

x264 [info]: frame I:1946 Avg QP:17.41 size: 99923

x264 [info]: frame P:102275 Avg QP:19.11 size: 36101

x264 [info]: frame B:95603 Avg QP:22.11 size: 8918

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 15.4% 67.6% 16.9%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 3.6% 11.8% 1.6% P16..4: 44.9% 17.8% 4.9% 0.6% 0.7% skip:14.1%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.3% 0.7% 0.1% B16..8: 42.5% 6.3% 1.4% direct: 3.6% skip:45.1% L0:38.3% L1:49.9% BI:11.8%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:68.9% inter:66.2%

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 65.6% 70.2% 35.0% inter: 28.6% 30.1% 2.2%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 41% 24% 7% 28%

x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 16% 15% 25% 6% 8% 8% 8% 7% 8%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 17% 19% 18% 6% 10% 9% 9% 7% 7%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 54% 22% 18% 5%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:4.7% UV:1.2%

x264 [info]: ref P L0: 65.2% 15.3% 12.6% 6.6% 0.2%

x264 [info]: ref B L0: 90.1% 9.9%

x264 [info]: kb/s:4549.17

encoded 199824 frames, 29.16 fps, 4549.17 kb/s

C:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ripbot\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD"

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net

Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 23.976

H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=23.976

Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 5.1

Processed 199825 video frames

Creation of AVCHD playlist

Creation of AVCHD stream info and seek index

Muxing time: 1 min 45 sec

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE\BACKUP"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\AUXDATA"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\BDJO"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\JAR"

C:\>rd "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\The Tree of Life 2011 720p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi.AVCHD\BDMV\META"

Elapsed Time: 02h:48m:52s

Can no one figure it out my issue through this log I have provided?

--stdin y4m

mrpitman
21st September 2011, 03:07
huh? what does your reply stand for?

pacaveli211
21st September 2011, 03:13
huh? what does your reply stand for?

http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

mrpitman
21st September 2011, 03:35
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

So what is this suppose to help me? I'm just trying to figure out why it's pausing (video), and audio keeps going, audio and video out of sync (periodic pausing). That site is just jibberish to me and don't understand any of it.

Atak_Snajpera
21st September 2011, 10:23
try this -> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1524459#post1524459

benjyv
21st September 2011, 12:46
Hey Atak ,

Can you tell us where do we find parameters like that one shown above ( keyint 24 ) ????
Reading this site I saw that are much more such "extra" parameters .... I'm interested in them . Are these new parameters made by you or we can find them on a list or smth like that ??
Default Ripbot has few parameters ; where do we find the other ones ???

Thanks for replay !!

PS : I've already tried few times to put some extra parameteres within code box but most of them gave errors....It must be sort of special syntax ....
If you agree I can send to you those few extra parameters I need , to show me their syntax for Ripbot .

Atak_Snajpera
21st September 2011, 12:53
x264.exe --longhelp

mrpitman
21st September 2011, 15:03
I've never had to modify proggie,till since you came out with version 1.16.5, and me running a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

mrpitman
22nd September 2011, 06:23
I found out today that it doesn't hiccup in the PS3, but only in my $ony standalone bluray player? Why is this?

benjyv
22nd September 2011, 15:16
I found out today that it doesn't hiccup in the PS3, but only in my $ony standalone bluray player ?

throw it !!!

http://anony.ws/di-8AR4.jpg

rc71
22nd September 2011, 18:29
YIPPPY. I found a solution, work around, to my audio sync issues. There is this program called Reclock that deals with the PAL 25fps issue, but it does other FPS's and it keeps things at the correct fps. Well Reclock makes x264, avs2avi and Bepipe stay at the proper fps. Success. In sync file.

@Atak So with this info, what do you think I have a bad .Net install, driver, ripbot, or what? I uninstalled everything and reinstalled only the required ripbot software + MPC and I still had sync issues. Any guesses?

Fartingbob
23rd September 2011, 21:42
Hi, quick question. Is there any way to get Ripbot to send the computer to sleep rather than shutdown when finished jobs? Its not a major issue but i like my PC to sleep when not in use, but i have to get it to shutdown every time i leave a batch running if i know im going to be out or busy when the queue is finished.

pacaveli211
24th September 2011, 02:12
Hi, quick question. Is there any way to get Ripbot to send the computer to sleep rather than shutdown when finished jobs? Its not a major issue but i like my PC to sleep when not in use, but i have to get it to shutdown every time i leave a batch running if i know im going to be out or busy when the queue is finished.

shoot, if only windows had its own option to put the PC to sleep after it's been idle for a while

Fartingbob
24th September 2011, 15:25
shoot, if only windows had its own option to put the PC to sleep after it's been idle for a while
Sorry but i dont always want my PC to sleep when its idle, sometimes i do though and that is why i asked this question. If ripbot has the ability to turn off the PC when it is finished, surely adding sleep, lock, hibernate functions is possible, and wont hurt it.

benjyv
24th September 2011, 17:59
Ups , who's fartin' here ???:p

microhunt
28th September 2011, 00:35
Is it possible with Ripbot to have completely lossless conversion. Like could you use a custom CQ level of below 18?. I am currently using a program called Bytecopy which offers 100% lossless conversion. I do not care at all about file size as some movies could could be between 20gb - 35gb. Is there any custom settings I could use as I think the user interface on Ripbot264 is amazing! However I want completely Lossless conversion

klopsknoedel
28th September 2011, 00:47
That's what I love to see too.
Copy the Video and Audio - Source to merge them in an mkv-file.

For now I have to do it this way:

1. Demux the Main-Movie: adding the *.pls (use RipBot to find the correct main-movie-one) to tsmuxer
2. Get the chapters out of tsmuxer and copy/paste them into a .txt-file
3. convert the chapters with "TxtToChap (http://www.gurgle.be/java/txt2chap/txt2chap.html)"
4. load the converted chapter-file in mkvmerge -> Chapter Editor -> load
5. save the chapters for use in mkv: mkvmerge -> Chapter Editor -> save
6. add the saved chapter-xml in mkvmerge -> Global -> Chapter-File
7. Add your source-files in mkvmerge as usual
8. set language for audio- and sup-file
9. set forced-flag to the sup-stream if needed

RipBot allready have the ability to do all those anoying steps automatically, The only things which has to be added is "Copy Video-Stream" and the abillity to force subtitles. And that's it.

rc71
28th September 2011, 01:18
Sorry but i dont always want my PC to sleep when its idle, sometimes i do though and that is why i asked this question. If ripbot has the ability to turn off the PC when it is finished, surely adding sleep, lock, hibernate functions is possible, and wont hurt it.

Dude that's built into windows. It's best to learn about the sleep settings on your PC than adding another piece of software to do what Windows already does.

All you have to is set the idle time. When the programs are idle for the set time, your machine will go to sleep. That goes for HD.

I know Ripbot is done because my PC is asleep.

AMED
28th September 2011, 06:41
Is it possible with Ripbot to have completely lossless conversion. Like could you use a custom CQ level of below 18?. I am currently using a program called Bytecopy which offers 100% lossless conversion. I do not care at all about file size as some movies could could be between 20gb - 35gb. Is there any custom settings I could use as I think the user interface on Ripbot264 is amazing! However I want completely Lossless conversionIf you're ripping Blurays or DVDs then use makeMKV (http://makemkv.com/), it will losslessly copy the video and audio streams you want in to a MKV container.

klopsknoedel
28th September 2011, 08:53
If you're ripping Blurays or DVDs then use makeMKV (http://makemkv.com/), it will losslessly copy the video and audio streams you want in to a MKV container.

... including chapters? Because that's what I'm after. Everything else i can do with mkvmerge 5 Final

AMED
28th September 2011, 09:05
... including chapters? Because that's what I'm after. Everything else i can do with mkvmerge 5 FinalAccording to the MakeMKV frontpage Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
Preserves chapters information
Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.

muhadi
28th September 2011, 09:07
Hi, how to make the video brighter? My new player is too dark a picture show when I need to convert videos to add brightness with help of filters that can be done?

hoju3508
28th September 2011, 09:22
This is a nice little GUI that uses eac3to to demux into MKV:

Another EAC3to GUI Plus (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154126)

benjyv
28th September 2011, 11:34
Hi, how to make the video brighter?

try to clean the screen !!

http://anony.ws/di-C3KA.jpg

LigH
28th September 2011, 13:26
@ benjyv:

Not funny. Try to be helpful instead of sarcastic. Please.
__

@ muhadi:

Not as simple as it seems. Some users prefer technically correct conversions via ITU-R matrices, PC/TV scale (coring), etc.; if you don't care too much about that, you may want to compare the AviSynth functions Levels(gamma) and Tweak(contrast, brightness).

But I can't help you about how to use them in RipBot264.

pacaveli211
29th September 2011, 15:10
@ benjyv:

Not funny. Try to be helpful instead of sarcastic. Please.

benjyv's a tool, but you're in the wrong place (the internet) if you can't handle some sarcasm

Hi, how to make the video brighter? My new player is too dark a picture show when I need to convert videos to add brightness with help of filters that can be done?
turn the brightness up on your tv / monitor, simple fix
some, more advanced players, will also allow on the fly adjustments. VLC, for example, has some video filtering such as brightness/contrast/sharpness, etc

rc71
7th October 2011, 17:21
--- Question ---

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a ideas on how to do something. I need to DENOISE something, but the ripbot denoise is it's a bit too strong for this file. Is there another way to do a denoise so that I can control the settings a little more?? Maybe some encoder settings like deblocking or something? Thanks

rc71
7th October 2011, 17:25

If you select properties on the main Ripbot screen, it will open up some choices. The third screen has COLORs. Choose TWEAK and there you'll see settings for contrast and hue and brightness.
Good Luck.

b66pak
7th October 2011, 18:19
@Atak_Snajpera please consider updating dtsdecoderdll.dll...read here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1529965#post1529965) (13 posts)...
_

rc71
7th October 2011, 21:16
@Atak_Snajpera please consider updating dtsdecoderdll.dll...read here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1529965#post1529965) (13 posts)...
_

While I have had the same issues, the recommendation you have given doesn't seem to be necessary as the version that is recommend is 1.1.0.0 from 2008 which is what ripbot seem to be currently using.

"... And yes - there is a problem. The 1.1.0.0 version of the Arcsoft DTS decoder applies the wrong channel matrix for any 7.1 content (you heard it here first ;-). The 1.1.0.8 is fine regarding any channel layout BUT isn't able to decode 6.1 streams at all. So there you have it - no version works for everything.."

7ekno
8th October 2011, 01:49
"... And yes - there is a problem. The 1.1.0.0 version of the Arcsoft DTS decoder applies the wrong channel matrix for any 7.1 content (you heard it here first ;-). The 1.1.0.8 is fine regarding any channel layout BUT isn't able to decode 6.1 streams at all. So there you have it - no version works for everything.."

Keep reading the next page ;)

There are TWO versions of 1.1.0.0, one dated 21-Apr-2008 and one dated 25-Apr-2008 ...

The 21-Apr-2008 version swaps the 7.1 channels, the 25-Apr-2008 version doesn't (ripbot264 is using the 21-Apr-2008 version and hence the channel swap) :P

7ek

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2011, 08:51
The 21-Apr-2008 version swaps the 7.1 channels, the 25-Apr-2008 version doesn't (ripbot264 is using the 21-Apr-2008 version and hence the channel swap) :P
Can somebody send me that correct version ?

god_md5
8th October 2011, 15:59
can next ver change to use lav splitter, not use haali medoa spiltter??
lav splitter is support well than haali now

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2011, 16:32
eac3to requires Haali media splitter

Zorro70
11th October 2011, 03:49
--- Question ---

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a ideas on how to do something. I need to DENOISE something, but the ripbot denoise is it's a bit too strong for this file. Is there another way to do a denoise so that I can control the settings a little more?? Maybe some encoder settings like deblocking or something? Thanks

use ffdshow/ blur and NR/gradual denoise

its on the left pane of ffdshow, try when choosing to preview script in ripbot, video must be playing

or use 0,0 deblock and above so up to +3,+3

rc71
13th October 2011, 17:07
Thanks I look into the FFdshow. Hadn't thought of that. I always think of that as post.

rc71
14th October 2011, 16:57
Keep reading the next page ;)

There are TWO versions of 1.1.0.0, one dated 21-Apr-2008 and one dated 25-Apr-2008 ...

7ek

That's good to know. You would think with all the freaken numbers they could have 1.1.1.0 of something. Anyway, I haven't found is 25apr08 one. If you have it, throw it up on mediafire (no timers, no captcha) so we can all share. For now it's just vaporware.

Couldn't Wait ----

This file was a pain in the ass to get. So here is the dtsdecoderdll.dll 25/04/2008 04:50 v1.1.0.0. If there is a 10:50 am file then well... .s@#$@#$9oi@$#&(*@ #$

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmijotv9tkmkec1

rc71
14th October 2011, 18:33
Almost all the files in the Arcsoft folder have updated versions. I don't know how the interact or what is better or worse, but if you do, here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?antbsovth1mxa8c

Please don't just drop them into your ripbot folder and then start complaining about this and that going crazy. I've PM'd Atak so I'm sure he'll update what needs to be updated in do time.

Remember, If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

NiteShdw
15th October 2011, 20:04
I have a BluRay disc with a small scratch on it, so I ripped it using ddrescue on Linux to create an image of the original disc. ddrescue reports that there was about 2MB of data on the BluRay that were unreadable. I'd like to still rip and convert the movie, ignoring the few errors on the disc (I'll live with missing video).

However, when I try to rip with RipBot, it still fails due to errors in the bitstream:

[s07] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s07] The SUP reader received unknown data. <ERROR>
[a03] [0:16:45] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity). <WARNING>
[a03] The ArcSoft DTS Decoder reported an error while decoding. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 5044699136. <ERROR>

Is there anyway to have it ignore the errors? If not RipBot, is there some other ripping method I should try that might be less sensitive to the errors in the original bitstream?

7ekno
16th October 2011, 14:44
Is there anyway to have it ignore the errors? If not RipBot, is there some other ripping method I should try that might be less sensitive to the errors in the original bitstream?

Avisynth with either FFMS2 or DGDec (cause they are frame accurate), use the trim() command to skip around the damaged part, feed the AVS file into Ripbot264 ...

Audio may glitch, but can use the same trim() trick for that ...

Tek

microhunt
18th October 2011, 21:08
Hi Atak,

Would you consider putting a setting under MKV for complete lossless conversion of Blu-rays for people who don't care about file size? The only program I have found to do this is Byte Copy by Pavtube. However Ripbot264 is superior in many other ways so I was hoping that in the next build you might consider a completely lossless setting.

dbone1026
18th October 2011, 22:41
Hi Atak,

Would you consider putting a setting under MKV for complete lossless conversion of Blu-rays for people who don't care about file size? The only program I have found to do this is Byte Copy by Pavtube. However Ripbot264 is superior in many other ways so I was hoping that in the next build you might consider a completely lossless setting.

MakeMKV, Another EAC3To GUI, BluRip, etc.... all make lossless mkvs

flebber
19th October 2011, 04:21
MakeMKV, Another EAC3To GUI, BluRip, etc.... all make lossless mkvs

Makemkv seems defunct hasn't been updated in over 3 years. Another EAC3ToGui I had never heard of but lists as one of its requirements as AnyDVD-HD.

probably easier just to rip the files and use mkvmerge to get your loseless files.

iSeries
19th October 2011, 05:57
MakeMKV is updated very frequently and is good software. www.makemkv.com.

For any other tool, be it RipBot, BluRip etc, these will require that the disc already be decrypted by eg AnyDVD.

flebber
19th October 2011, 07:20
MakeMKV is updated very frequently and is good software. www.makemkv.com.

For any other tool, be it RipBot, BluRip etc, these will require that the disc already be decrypted by eg AnyDVD.

Not criticising the quality of Makemkv but its last release 1.6.15 was march 2010 http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1054

AMED
19th October 2011, 07:26
Sorry Flebber, you are incorrect v1.6.15 was released on September 24th, 2011

change log from softpedia

http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/MakeMKV-Changelog-117330.html

flebber
19th October 2011, 07:33
they announced it on makemkv forum march 2010 http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1054

AMED
19th October 2011, 07:34
He is editing a locked thread so the original post date doesn't change.

Where is setarip_old when you need him ;)

dbone1026
19th October 2011, 12:55
they announced it on makemkv forum march 2010 http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1054

The beta builds are what is used, and as already pointed up this was updated less then a montha go. Not outdated by any means...

kypec
19th October 2011, 15:12
I wonder when is mike (MakeMKV forum admin) going to post updated beta key - the current one expires on 31 Oct 2011 which is only few days away...

AMED
19th October 2011, 23:57
A few days means 1 or 2 days not 11 days?

he usually posts the new key a few days before it expires or a few days after is expires.

kypec
20th October 2011, 07:38
A few days means 1 or 2 days not 11 days?
"A few" is a relative term (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070601113123AA1pdsA) and I used it in context of how many days the current beta key was valid. :sly:

pacaveli211
20th October 2011, 14:07
A few days means 1 or 2 days not 11 days

"a few" STARTS at 3 (one is single, 2 is a couple)
and as kypec said...it can vary.

AMED
20th October 2011, 20:46
I must have forgotten to put a smiley after that comment ;)

FarQueue
21st October 2011, 06:55
Atak, are you planning on releasing an update soon? I'm about to convert a lot of DVDs and thought I'd wait to see if a new version is coming before I start.

benjyv
22nd October 2011, 05:29
@FarQueue

If you want a new version of Ripbot , make a list of updates you need and put them here , because Atak has too much updates on his list and don't know which one to be chosen :(

davidsama
22nd October 2011, 20:27
Atak_Snajpera RipBot v1.16.5 refuses to encode using x264 v2106 64 bit 10 bit version and 32 bit 10 bit version. I then removed the 2106 codec(s) and replaced it with 2085 64 bit 10 bit version and it encoded using that version with no problems. Why will RipBot not encode using 2106?

Atak_Snajpera
22nd October 2011, 21:24
What does log say?

davidsama
22nd October 2011, 21:45
Here is the log file. http://www.multiupload.com/NLDFTSG5R0

Atak_Snajpera
23rd October 2011, 13:13
Show me also job1.avs

davidsama
23rd October 2011, 17:17
http://www.mediafire.com/?4zdz5agdym48k8z job1.avs

Atak_Snajpera
23rd October 2011, 18:37
it looks like bug in rb264. you have to tell me step by step what you did. this will help me to reproduce this bug.

Atak_Snajpera
24th October 2011, 16:12
New application added to my collection

x264 FHD Benchmark v1.0.0 (64bit) - Download (http://www.mediafire.com/?mcic8cupimcy4fm)
(Note: Requires Windows 64 bit)
http://i.imgur.com/lq6Bi.gif

soneca
24th October 2011, 17:20
Cool, tested here.;)

Intel Core i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.43GHz ( 16C / 32T )

x264 0.119.2106kMod 07efeb4
(libswscale 2.1.0)
(libavformat 53.17.0)
(ffmpegsource 2.16.2.1)
built by Komisar on Oct 23 2011, gcc: 4.4.7 20110720 (prerelease) (x86_64.generic.Komisar)
configuration: --bit-depth=8 --chroma-format=all
x264 license: GPL version 2 or later
libswscale/libavformat/ffmpegsource license: GPL version 2 or later

ffms [info]: 1920x1080p 1:1 @ 50/1 fps (vfr)

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.2

x264 [info]: cabac=1 ref=3 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=7 psy=1 fade_compensate=0.00 psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=18 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 bluray_compat=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=2 keyint=250 keyint_min=25 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=0 rc_lookahead=40 rc=crf mbtree=1 crf=23.0000 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=0 qpmax=69 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00

x264 [info]: started at Mon Oct 24 14:14:07 2011

x264 [info]: frame I:10 Avg QP:25.24 size:293385

x264 [info]: frame P:1242 Avg QP:28.44 size: 90346

x264 [info]: frame B:1248 Avg QP:31.32 size: 19904

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 8.7% 66.6% 23.2% 1.6%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 3.6% 76.6% 19.8%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 0.1% 4.7% 0.8% P16..4: 38.2% 25.5% 16.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:14.7%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.0% 0.4% 0.0% B16..8: 48.1% 6.2% 1.9% direct: 4.2% skip:39.1% L0:36.0% L1:49.9% BI:14.1%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:83.2% inter:58.4%

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 90.8% 82.8% 56.8% inter: 30.4% 19.6% 4.0%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 17% 37% 10% 35%

x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 11% 25% 16% 5% 7% 6% 12% 6% 12%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 15% 21% 13% 7% 8% 7% 11% 7% 11%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 52% 26% 15% 7%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:1.0% UV:0.1%

x264 [info]: ref P L0: 70.4% 21.8% 5.9% 2.0% 0.0%

x264 [info]: ref B L0: 90.8% 7.8% 1.4%

x264 [info]: ref B L1: 95.7% 4.3%

x264 [info]: kb/s:22397.57

encoded 2500 frames, 25.83 fps, 22397.57 kb/s

x264 [info]: ended at Mon Oct 24 14:15:44 2011

x264 [info]: encoding duration 0:01:37

Verification Code: 19583A5F65565D1134606356115A28113441461149112A2921113111241F252438396B111911222734112011242345111A2C6923272511211F22222A1F232221275C3E605511212856575653252CFB565F54605556551123262121115763525E56641D1123261F2924115761641D112323242A281F2628115C532064

hoju3508
24th October 2011, 20:46
Disappointed that i7 980 had a slight edge http://images.zaazu.com/img/Sad-sad-lonely-unhappy-smiley-emoticon-001036-medium.gif.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2007/x264benchmark.jpg

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4GHz ( 8C / 16T )

x264 0.119.2106kMod 07efeb4
(libswscale 2.1.0)
(libavformat 53.17.0)
(ffmpegsource 2.16.2.1)
built by Komisar on Oct 23 2011, gcc: 4.4.7 20110720 (prerelease) (x86_64.generic.Komisar)
configuration: --bit-depth=8 --chroma-format=all
x264 license: GPL version 2 or later
libswscale/libavformat/ffmpegsource license: GPL version 2 or later

ffms [info]: 1920x1080p 1:1 @ 50/1 fps (vfr)

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2 AVX

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.2

x264 [info]: cabac=1 ref=3 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=7 psy=1 fade_compensate=0.00 psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=12 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 bluray_compat=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=2 keyint=250 keyint_min=25 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=0 rc_lookahead=40 rc=crf mbtree=1 crf=23.0000 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=0 qpmax=69 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00

x264 [info]: started at Mon Oct 24 14:37:34 2011

x264 [info]: frame I:10 Avg QP:25.24 size:293382

x264 [info]: frame P:1242 Avg QP:28.43 size: 90351

x264 [info]: frame B:1248 Avg QP:31.32 size: 19907

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 8.7% 66.6% 23.2% 1.6%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 3.6% 76.6% 19.8%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 0.1% 4.7% 0.8% P16..4: 38.2% 25.5% 16.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:14.7%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.0% 0.4% 0.0% B16..8: 48.1% 6.2% 1.9% direct: 4.2% skip:39.1% L0:36.0% L1:49.9% BI:14.1%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:83.2% inter:58.4%

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 90.8% 82.8% 56.9% inter: 30.4% 19.6% 4.0%

x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 17% 37% 10% 36%

x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 11% 25% 16% 5% 7% 6% 12% 6% 12%

x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 15% 21% 13% 7% 8% 7% 11% 7% 11%

x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 52% 26% 15% 7%

x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:1.0% UV:0.1%

x264 [info]: ref P L0: 70.4% 21.8% 5.9% 2.0% 0.0%

x264 [info]: ref B L0: 90.8% 7.8% 1.4%

x264 [info]: ref B L1: 95.6% 4.4%

x264 [info]: kb/s:22399.00

encoded 2500 frames, 23.36 fps, 22399.00 kb/s

x264 [info]: ended at Mon Oct 24 14:39:21 2011

x264 [info]: encoding duration 0:01:47

Verification Code: 1920113A5F65565D1134606356115A281E232721213C11344146113111241F2538396B1119112934112011222745111A2C6923272511211F22222A1F232221275C3E605511212856575653252CFB565F54605556551123262121115763525E56641D1123241F2427115761641D112323242A2A1F2121115C532064

soneca
25th October 2011, 01:26
This difference is really low, especially when dealing with the cost of each processor.

Zorro70
25th October 2011, 03:34
and one has 8 cores, which is always better for encoding

LigH
25th October 2011, 07:55
What a pity -- no 64-bit Windows here.

microhunt
26th October 2011, 22:30
Atak, are you planning on releasing an update soon? I'm about to convert a lot of Blurays and thought I'd wait to see if a new version is coming before I start. Will you be putting in a complete lossless setting similar to Bytecopy.

Zorro70
28th October 2011, 03:13
Is there any way to get ripbot to use 100% processor on the first pass without quality loss

im using intel 2600k and it uses 30% first pass on max quality avchd encodes

quality is my goal, if it diminishes quality it doesn't matter

looking forward to the next ripbot update, new x264 builds will make encoding faster for me anyway, is there one on the way mate!!!

will be donating this week ;-)

LigH
28th October 2011, 07:53
Try to understand which reasons could exist why the CPU is used with obviously less than 100%: Usually because the CPU has so little efforts that it mostly waits for hardware (reading from disk, accessing RAM, writing to disk).

You could try to disable the "Turbo mode" for the first pass, that could help you wasting more electricity; but you may not gain visible quality.

pacaveli211
29th October 2011, 16:33
here Zorro70, this will help:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227744

Zorro70
30th October 2011, 03:31
my pc
Intel i7 2600k 3.4ghz running at 4.6ghz sandy bridge
Asus p8p67 EVO motherboard
G.skill 8GB ddr3 2133mhz ram+ ram cooler
thermalright venomous x rt cpu coolerx 2 akasa viper fans/heatsink
Coolermaster HAFX case
XFX 850W Black Edition Modular PSU
2 x OCZ 240GB Vertex 3 in RAID0

its certainly not a disk thing lol

i can do 1gb/s read and write

it has nothing to do with the disks or hardware, it just doesnt utilise all 8 threads 100%

second pass uses all 100% of cpu

its no big deal just means first pass is as long as second pass, just annoying, especially as i encode for a HD site so am encoding 24/7 365

ahmad2008
30th October 2011, 05:15
hi
i have a question about the audio profile

why is the audio bit rate limited to 64 , 96 and 128 kbps ????

it would be great if the whole options are included i mean from 32 to 320 kbps

giving the user more audio bit rate options is what missing from this great wonderful software

Atak_Snajpera
30th October 2011, 10:19
because it does not make sense. for instenance have you ever seen stereo ac3 encoded at 384,448,640 kbps. higher bitrate is only useful for streams with more channels.

ahmad2008
30th October 2011, 10:36
i was not talking about ac3 but about the 2 channels.

i meant more audio bit rate options for the 2 channels from 32 to 320 kbps just like mp3

Atak_Snajpera
30th October 2011, 11:00
why? because you like placebo effect? aac 128kps gives better quality than mp3 192kbps.

ahmad2008
30th October 2011, 11:22
More freedom of choice for the bit rate from 32 to 320kbps is so much better than to be limited to only 3 choices (64,96,128 ) for all your videos encoding even if aac 128kps gives better quality than mp3 192kbps.

FarQueue
30th October 2011, 14:25
Ability to use multiple audio tracks would be a handy new feature.

rc71
30th October 2011, 16:19

I'm guessing it's to keep ripbot as simple as possible. Less things to go wrong. But you can use mkvmerge, which is included in the ripbot package, to add multiple tracks and it takes just a few seconds.

rc71
30th October 2011, 16:22
More freedom of choice for the bit rate from 32 to 320kbps is so much better than to be limited to only 3 choices (64,96,128 ) for all your videos encoding even if aac 128kps gives better quality than mp3 192kbps.

I see your point a little, but if you really need something that big, why are you bothering with ripbot? The point is to make things smaller.
If you need 320k MP3's, maybe Ripbot might not be right for you.

If you are a 64k MP3 Pro person, this is the game for you.

Ultimately, you can manually go in to the jobs queue and change the number to whatever you want. Just open up the .bat file and go at it.

rc71
30th October 2011, 16:32
Is there any way to get ripbot to use 100% processor on the first pass without quality loss

im using intel 2600k and it uses 30% first pass on max quality avchd encodes

quality is my goal, if it diminishes quality it doesn't matter

;-)

First, 'I want quality, but if quality drops, that doesn't matter.' Huh?

Anyway, if you use CQ mode with NO filters, you get 100%. If you touch it in anyway, you get 30%. That tells me it's not a System issue, but a program issue. It seems that the x264 encoder doesn't like to use external filters or settings.

pacaveli211
30th October 2011, 17:46
CQ mode is actually encoding. First pass, by default, is a fast pass, not an actual encode.

Zorro70
30th October 2011, 19:28
First, 'I want quality, but if quality drops, that doesn't matter.' Huh?

Anyway, if you use CQ mode with NO filters, you get 100%. If you touch it in anyway, you get 30%. That tells me it's not a System issue, but a program issue. It seems that the x264 encoder doesn't like to use external filters or settings.

you misread what i said

i said i want quality, but if quality drops, then it doesnt matter.

you took that to mean i dont care if quality drops.

what i meant was if it affects quality it doesnt matter il just leave it as it is

soneca
31st October 2011, 02:32
and one has 8 cores, which is always better for encoding

Never noticed any difference, despite having made several times that work with processors with 4 and 6 cores.:confused:

ahmad2008
31st October 2011, 08:27
i hope that i expressed my thought well

all what i wanted is the whole list of the 2 channels audio bit rates from 32 to 320kbps and not to be limited only to (64,96,128) even if no one going to use 320kbps

i hope i find it in the next release

DIEGO7-5
31st October 2011, 14:14

I totally agree. At least one more language.

Keep up the good work Atak!

chainring
31st October 2011, 16:25
i hope that i expressed my thought well

all what i wanted is the whole list of the 2 channels audio bit rates from 32 to 320kbps and not to be limited only to (64,96,128) even if no one going to use 320kbps

i hope i find it in the next releaseI can understand WHY you would want the full list of available bitrates, but it's not going to happen in RipBot. This program is about total simplicity and introducing too many tweaks/bithead options will not stop if something like this request is allowed.

Seriously, if you can do some ABX tests and show that you really need more than 128K on two channel content, that might convince Atak to add more, but until that time it's not gonna happen. Check out the tests of music (much more difficult than effects in movies) at hydrogenaudio.org and tell me you need more than 128K. Maybe, just maybe adding 160 to placate those wanting more, but it's not necessary.

rc71
1st November 2011, 05:46
I just have say I love this program. I have some STE WEB-DL's that are 1.5gb and I'm reEcoding them and they are coming out at 500-550mb and check this out, THEY ARE BETTER QUALITY THAN THE ORIGINALs.
Seriously. With a little tweaking of the colors, contrast, and the denoising, they look better at 1/3rd the size. Oh, and I'm correcting the FPS which was at a sqeaky 25fps to 23.976FPS. ALL with Ripbot.
:):):):);););):):)

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

LigH
1st November 2011, 08:19
@ Zorro70:

Always unterstand that the encoder can only encode as fast as it receives the uncompressed video it shall process.

What exactly is your source? (MediaInfo analysis please.) Which decoder do you use to decode it for x264, if it is compressed?

If the source is compressed, the bottleneck might be the decoder running in one thread only, or the filtering, before the final video arrives in the encoder.

If the source is completely uncompressed, the bottleneck might be the harddisk, but you will know how many GB per minute you stored.
__

THEY ARE BETTER QUALITY THAN THE ORIGINALs.

It may look better, but can't be better. That is the difference between "subjective quality" (how annoying the flaws appear) and "objective quality" (any difference is a loss, no matter if it looks more convenient).

rc71
1st November 2011, 14:59
While I understand what you are trying to say about something being recompressed being better, "It may look better, but can't be better." since this is video and it's subjective quality is visual, if it looks better than it is better. :)

rc71
1st November 2011, 15:04
@ Zorro70:

If the source is compressed, the bottleneck might be the decoder running in one thread only, or the filtering, before the final video arrives in the encoder.

I'll have to investigate that. Sounds like a promising lead. As for the other suggestions, remember that CPU usage only drops when you change the profile away from CQ. Either with filters or by making it two pass. Since with CQ/no filters vs. CQ/filter CPU usage drops from 98% to 30%, that doesn't suggest it's a system bottleneck.

Also at least for me, I'm using the 32bit version. This might different for 64bit.

There is a new version of x264.exe that was released last week. You could try it. Didn't seem to do much for me. CPU usage has increased from a bit more with No increase or real change in FPS.

LigH
1st November 2011, 15:42
1) If you believe it looks much better, enjoy. But don't try to measure anything with "quality metrics" – they will call any kind of difference a "quality loss". ;)

2) x264 will probably be the most efficient link in the encoding chain, spreading its efforts across all available CPU cores. If it can't use all of them all the time, then it must have to wait for something else before...

rc71
1st November 2011, 16:12
Update. The New x264 file does do better with different settings. I'm using custom settings and NO filters, but I'm rocking 98% CPU so it's better than before.

LigH
2nd November 2011, 08:19
Gosh, cool down. Your red makes me nervous. ;)

And without facts, your statement is vapor.

dbart
2nd November 2011, 08:40
my PC config:

CPU C2Q Q8300(2,5 GHz) @ 3 GHz with passive cooler
RAM 6 GB
Nvidia GT430 - passive
Win7 x64

job.avs:
#MT

#VideoSource

#video=DirectShowSource("I:\Účastníci zájezdu.edit.ts",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264\Tools\DGDecNV\DGDecodeNV.dll")
video=DGSource("Účastníci zájezdu.edit.dgi",deinterlace=1,use_top_field=true,crop_t=24,crop_b=24)

#Deinterlace
#LoadCplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
#video=yadif(video,mode=0,order=1)

#Decimate

#Crop
#video=Crop(video,0,24,-0,-24)

#Resize

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicMPG123Source("I:\Účastníci zájezdu.track_4021.mp2")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize
audio=Normalize(audio,1)

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength
Trim(0,175403)

#ColorSpace

my encoding profile:
--level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --filter 0,0 --ref 4 --bframes 9 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --subme 9 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 2 --partitions all --me umh

CQ 24

Video source is H.264/MP2 1080i .ts dvb-s recording, encoding framerate is ~3fps, CPU ~60%

when testing speed of decoding DGDecNV with AVSMeter.exe, i get ~70 fps decoding speed with this jobs.avs(audio normalization is switch off)

so, now please advice someone who knows, where is the botleneck :D

thanks

dbart

kypec
2nd November 2011, 11:07
@dbart: check your CPU temperatures and frequency during encoding... I had similar problem with my i7-920, originally there was only a standard boxed cooler mounted and it didn't provide enough cooling effect. Once the encoding process started and all cores were fully loaded the temperatures raised to max and CPU throttled its frequency drastically to prevent over-heating. When I replaced that lame CPU cooler with better one all problems disappeared.

dbart
2nd November 2011, 12:16
@dbart: check your CPU temperatures and frequency during encoding... I had similar problem with my i7-920, originally there was only a standard boxed cooler mounted and it didn't provide enough cooling effect. Once the encoding process started and all cores were fully loaded the temperatures raised to max and CPU throttled its frequency drastically to prevent over-heating. When I replaced that lame CPU cooler with better one all problems disappeared.

temp oscilate 60-64°C according HWMonitor by CPUID, when encoding

my CPU cooler: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/10-mammoth-cpu-coolers,1053-12.html

i think, that overheating is not the problem, but will try add some fan

modlinsky
2nd November 2011, 19:12
Hi Atak,
Is it possible to add these features to your nice app:
1) Copy the video stream (mkv & mp4), if it's already in avc;
2) Copy the audio stream (if in dolby ac3) to mp4 container.

Thanks.

crackinhedz
2nd November 2011, 22:16
Unfortunately the Haali Muxer cannot handle this source file. <ERROR>
It doesn't contain enough seek/recovery points. <ERROR>
The "-seekToIFrames" option may work around that.
However, using this option may result in artifacts when seeking.I have been getting this error with a recent file Im using, was wondering if anyone knows a work around?

it says I can try "-seektoIframes" but not sure how I go about doing that??

Thanks in advance!

(I tried EAC3TO GUI but its very confusing)

dbart
3rd November 2011, 07:21
temp oscilate 60-64°C according HWMonitor by CPUID, when encoding

my CPU cooler: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/10-mammoth-cpu-coolers,1053-12.html

i think, that overheating is not the problem, but will try add some fan

I build a "wind-tunnel" on CPU passive to PSU fan (from hard-paper picnic tray :) ), temperature fall down to 55-60°C during encoding, CPU freq. still 3GHz and frame rate still 3 fps (and now running also fft3dgpu), CPU load ~ 60 %, x264 x64 CQ24

has "audio-mixing" in avisynth script something with that ?

on next encode i will try split audio and video encoding

microhunt
4th November 2011, 19:47
Hi Atak,

Looks good so far, a very talented person as usual!

Noisrevid
4th November 2011, 21:00
Can someone explain to me why just using Film Denoising in Ripbot saves a lot of space by using less bitrate when everything is equal? It seems like the Film - Denoise causes a lot of gradient problems in dark scenes.. it can be a little annoying but it's nothing major.. The space savings at the end of a decode almost make it seem worth it.

pacaveli211
5th November 2011, 16:10
Can someone explain to me why just using Film Denoising in Ripbot saves a lot of space by using less bitrate when everything is equal? It seems like the Film - Denoise causes a lot of gradient problems in dark scenes.. it can be a little annoying but it's nothing major.. The space savings at the end of a decode almost make it seem worth it.

I'm not fully sure what you're saying / asking here...but:
when running anything through ripbot you are encoding it (not decoding). anything that has been run through will be, technically, less superior in quality. there is no 'equal' setting.
and, obviously, if the bitrate is lower, so is the quality (and size)

klopsknoedel
5th November 2011, 17:05
@pacaveli211 that was not the question

@Noisrevid
Of course denoised encodings have a much smaller size than those without.
The reason is that the encoder is looking at the grainy/noisy source-material and treats these noise/grain as wanted details. So the encoder needs a very high bitrate to prevent those "details" from being muddy.
If you denoise it befor you send it to the encoder you will have much more clean areas on which the encoder can use a lot smaller bitrate. So the encoded movie has a smaller file-size.

For Example:
I've encoded an old movie with a lot of grain in it with CQ 22 and i had an overall bitrate of 14 Mb/s -> a huge file-size.

Then i've encoded an anime which usually have clean colored areas. On that I could set the CQ to !14! and the overall bitrate was around 8 Mb/s -> smaller file-size.

I hope this answered your question.

Noisrevid
6th November 2011, 23:46
@pacaveli211 that was not the question

@Noisrevid
Of course denoised encodings have a much smaller size than those without.
The reason is that the encoder is looking at the grainy/noisy source-material and treats these noise/grain as wanted details. So the encoder needs a very high bitrate to prevent those "details" from being muddy.
If you denoise it befor you send it to the encoder you will have much more clean areas on which the encoder can use a lot smaller bitrate. So the encoded movie has a smaller file-size.

For Example:
I've encoded an old movie with a lot of grain in it with CQ 22 and i had an overall bitrate of 14 Mb/s -> a huge file-size.

Then i've encoded an anime which usually have clean colored areas. On that I could set the CQ to !14! and the overall bitrate was around 8 Mb/s -> smaller file-size.

I hope this answered your question.

Yes that does answer my question thank you!

Noisrevid
6th November 2011, 23:54
My next area of issue is this..

I want to conform my Blu-Ray collection to 720p MKV files.

The problem is that the settings I use for one movie can output to a reasonable 3gb when i'm done.. and then another Blu Ray rip comes out to 7gb. I want to keep my movies around the same quality and reasonably close together in size. I'm not sure what the common practices is here.. I don't have a powerful enough machine to keep testing my encodes with different CRF values until I get the desired file size. I need a method that conforms my videos to a within reasonable sizes without any huge quality loss.

I understand that x264 is seeing scenes in movies that require more bitrate than others.. and action, high paced movies versus a drama is going to net a higher sized file at the end.

When i've downloaded movies, I see some people 2 passing their 1080p flicks to 8gb (or whatever size fits on a dual layer dvd).

For 720p, for what I want, should I just 2 pass every single movie to 4.7gb (for single layer dvd archiving purposes). For most movies, there will be more than enough bitrate allocated for ANY movie..

Leaving a CRF of 18 for every movie gives me extremely way off results depending on the source material.. I can't seem to find any happy medium or process that gives me end result file sizes within 25% of each other.

Thoughts? Help? Thanks!

7th November 2011, 01:42
When i've downloaded movies You cannot discuss that stuff here, per rule 6.

@all

No help on this post, please.

Noisrevid
7th November 2011, 14:58
You cannot discuss that stuff here, per rule 6.

@all

No help on this post, please.

You're ridiculous - i'm not discussing downloading movies - i'm asking a legit question. You're going to tell everybody to not help me when you obviously didn't even read my post?

Way to be a typical mod.

rc71
7th November 2011, 20:03
Instead of attacking someone, maybe next time you should think of a cleaver way to ask your question that doesn't violate the rules. Happened to me so I know. Besides, your question has a simple answer. Try asking it again and I'm sure someone will give you an answer.

Noisrevid
7th November 2011, 20:29
Instead of attacking someone, maybe next time you should think of a cleaver way to ask your question that doesn't violate the rules. Happened to me so I know. Besides, your question has a simple answer. Try asking it again and I'm sure someone will give you an answer.

Violate the rules. Referencing illegally downloaded movies is a violation. I didn't do that, you guys don't even know what i've downloaded or where i've downloaded because it's irrevelant. Most of my post is talking about backing up my personally owned Blu-Rays.

You're just another person who can't read.

Apparently you and your moderator friends want to police keywords in posts instead of actually reading and helping. I'll figure it out myself, thanks anyways.

7th November 2011, 21:14
@Noisrevid

If you want to contest a moderator's decision, you may follow the documented process. Please refer to the last paragraph here:

http://forum.doom9.org/sanctions.htm

Thank you.

8th November 2011, 19:37
Discussion of rules interpretation in the forums is not allowed per forum rule 17. Such posts have been deleted.

benjyv
13th November 2011, 17:41
As I told you many times , smth strange happens with Ripbot from time to time....
For instance : when I try to encode a .ts file , after I changed extention into m2ts , Ripbot continue to give errors....and that because I changed in tools the "264" files from 01.04 with 01.11 and that generates errors...
It seems that last versions do not accept to be updated and also do not accept some modifications within encoding parameters....
I trying to make some tests and I'll tell you results...as soon as possible....

Take care !! ;-)

pacaveli211
14th November 2011, 00:00
I've had issues swapping .ts and .m2ts extensions as well
so....I stopped doing it

DaddyWaddy
14th November 2011, 02:44
I have installed RipBot and AVisynth, ffdshow, haali media splitter and .Net Framework, but am unable to get very far with RipBot. My son has had great success with this program, and I am hoping to, as well.

I open RibBot and try to point it to a file on a movie DVD. That is as far as I can get before getting the following error messages:

Decoding Error
Evaluate: System Exception - Access Violation (c:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line2)

Error
Too many pictures per GOP (>=500). BGIndex will terminate. [OK]

I have uninstalled and installed all of the above programs, but it makes no difference. I have searched this forum for help before posting this query, but could not locate anything applicable. My apologies if I missed something.

Thanks for your interest and advice!

LigH
14th November 2011, 10:42
"Too many pictures per GOP" - on a (legacy) DVD-Video? That sounds like RipBot is unable to decode the video correctly. Possibly because it is CSS-encrypted on the DVD?

Despite the suggesting name, RipBot is not responsible for "ripping from optical disc to harddisk", especially not for the decoding of encrypted video.

benjyv
14th November 2011, 14:35
I've had issues swapping .ts and .m2ts extensions as well
so....I stopped doing it

Stopping encoding such stuff is not a solution:(
We must fight for discovering the secret and for working well as other kinda files....
I'm doing lot of tests , but for the moment NO good results:(...still that bloody "out of sinc" between sound and image. I know how to solve it - by additional maneuvers , by handling additional softs, even this is not a convenient solution...
Ripbot MUST do it itself , without external help ;-)

Atak_Snajpera
14th November 2011, 14:51
Why don't you upload 50 MB sample to www.mediafire.com ???

pacaveli211
14th November 2011, 15:14
I never said I stopped encoding anything. I just stopped renaming between .m2ts and .ts
it's not a necessity

LigH
14th November 2011, 16:22
Filename extensions should not cause a different file handling per se, anyway: They may be a hint which content you may expect, but they can always be wrong, so a content analysis is the only certain way to identify the required steps. In this case, *.ts vs. *.m2ts may give a hint about 188 vs. 192 byte Transport Stream format (without or with timestamps), but doesn't need to. It is just a Windows specific habit to use them to assign applications, and therefore give them an indirect meaning at all.
__

How many people e.g. renamed *.mkv to *.avi to enable playback out of a file manager, instead of additionally registering the *.mkv extension with a player; that is no solution, that is hardly a workaround... but you have to know that file extension registrations can and should be edited in Windows to assign "default applications" to open files with a specific extension.

That makes the experience with a specific OS. Before I knew that file types in MacOS 8/9 were handled via FourCCs in metadata, I was surprised that renaming extensions had no effect at all...

benjyv
14th November 2011, 21:57
@Atak

Here is :

http://www.mediafire.com/?3uog629l3201ypw

vlewis85
15th November 2011, 22:44
I have a folder full of MKVs that I want to convert to iPad format. All the MKVs have the same properties: 1080p AVC (High@L4.0) video & 640 Kbps AC-3 audio.
All I want to do is change each file from (High@L4.0) to (Main@L3.1) & from AC-3 to 128 Kbps AAC (LC) ... Also changing from MKV to MP4.

I know how to do all of this in Ripbot, my question is: Can I apply these settings to multiple files in the same folder without having to load each one into RipBot individually?

benjyv
16th November 2011, 11:24
Can I apply these settings to multiple files in the same folder without having to load each one into RipBot individually?

Well , Ripbot is not yet like Bayer aspirin: to go directly and look for painful place ...
Put all those files personally , with your own hands and do not be so lazy !!

Good luck !