PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

scenefinale
12th November 2010, 13:36
@Atak_Snajpera
Any chance you have considered adding an option to skip encoding while still having the option to produce .mkv or .mp4?

Lighto
12th November 2010, 16:01
@zazon, not sure about the sub part. Try CQ 18 and see if the results satisfy you.
If not, I guess you are better off with setting the bit rate.

hoju3508
12th November 2010, 21:45
@zazon, take the output from Suprip into Notepad and save the file again.

soneca
12th November 2010, 22:55
And save again using the ANSI code.

pacaveli211
13th November 2010, 04:19
OK, I found suprip and loaded the .sup file. Suprip found the subtitles, but when I output them to the .srt file to be used by rip bot, it just said line 1, line 2, line 3, etc., or made some jibberish. What step did I miss when doing the output? Is there a guide somewhere?

I also tried the CQ setting for the bit rate. Personally I think it looked worse than using a variable bit rate set at 6930, which I what I was doing. I don't know if it was the film or something else and the file size was about the same size anyway. Anyone got a clue here? Thanks for any help.
if your bitrate looked better you may simply need to use a better cq setting (the lower the number, the higher the quality)
suprip does not directly convert .sup files. it is a software that learns. you will need to go through the ocr process and correct or 'define' any characters it's not able to recognize

@Atak_Snajpera
Any chance you have considered adding an option to skip encoding while still having the option to produce .mkv or .mp4?
ripbot is an encode tool, not a muxing tool. mkvmerge will take care of the .mkv. there's probably a tool to mux to mp4 as well

scenefinale
13th November 2010, 05:06
ripbot is an encode tool, not a muxing tool. mkvmerge will take care of the .mkv. there's probably a tool to mux to mp4 as well
Be that as it may, it still handles muxing like a champ... It can be used to demux the streams needed into the "Temp" folder and then used to add to mkvmerge. I think it would be simple to add this functionality, and give the users another much appreciated option.

hoju3508
13th November 2010, 08:51
Is it normal that when I used CQ=18, I get a smaller file and lower bit rate then when I do a 2-Pass targeting a BD9?

:thanks:

pacaveli211
13th November 2010, 18:03
hoju3508
every file/movie is different. constant quality doesn't mean constant bitrate, and cq doesn't indicate a target bitrate
some movies can compress a lot without losing any significant amount of quality, others cannot
i.e. whichever movie you're dealing with seems to be able to compress lower than bd9 size while still sufficing the CQ18 quality settings
so this is neither normal nor abnormal. because some movies will compress like this one, others will not

Lighto
13th November 2010, 18:26
Is it possible to replace BassAudio with NicAudio or other tools completely for the getinfo.avs?
It's just that BassAudio makes RipBot stuck at "Gathering Information" far too often.:(

fmagreed2
14th November 2010, 23:00
After re-encoding a video to play on my ipod, the audio was about 14 seconds behind the video. I batched around 20 files (a series of episodes) and all of them suffered from the same problem.

The ripbot log and media infos of one of the files are attached.

zazon
15th November 2010, 11:03
I've had that happen a few times too, but if I did a second time, the audio usually worked the second time.

I got the subtitles working using suprip and filling in the missing characters.

One other problem I've noticed is it seems when I use CQ, the audio likes to hiccup for a half a second every minute or so. This is playing the mp4 file in VLC. I'm not sure if it's my computer or the files itself. I think I've seen it too when doing the two pass to, but it seems to happen more often doing the CQ. Anyone got a theory on this one? I think I'd prefer to use the two pass, but I'm not sure how to calculate the bit rate. Thanks for any help.

Atak_Snajpera
15th November 2010, 12:16
I'm not sure if it's my computer or the files itself.
Use MPC-HC instead of VLC.

I think I'd prefer to use the two pass, but I'm not sure how to calculate the bit rate. Thanks for any help.
You are trying to invent a wheel again. Use CQ (Constant Quality) Period! x264 encoder will automatically adjust bitrate according to CRF value and video content. Lower CRF means higher quality/larger file size.

Venomouse
15th November 2010, 22:52
Howdy, I have been having issues with ripbot, at first I thought It was my rip but here's what's happening.

using dvdfab (latest) I rip the main movie to the hdd. I add the stream to rip bot etc... when i look at the preview about 45 mins into any movie the audio goes out (by at least 5 sec). I can play the ripped streams on the pc fine and there is no audio lag, I can't put in a delay etc because the first part of the movie is in sysc. This has happened to about three movies so far, eg Shrlock Holmes, Iron man 2, Gamer,

any help is appreciated

Got unlucky and posted before a small novel may have been missed :)

any ideas?

pacaveli211
15th November 2010, 23:08
are you working with DVD or Blu-Ray?
is ripbot detecting the framerate properly? do you have it set to change it?

Venomouse
15th November 2010, 23:24
blu-ray,

The frame rate is pre-populated, never needed to change it. Some movies ripped no problem, but most give me the same issues as above.

pacaveli211
16th November 2010, 06:03
I know it's auto populated. that's not where you change it.
does it show 23.976 for these movies? I think that's what they all are
are you transcoding/encoding the audio? (vs a copy if you've extracted the core or something)
are the audio tracks all the same codec? DTS HDMA or TrueHD?

Venomouse
16th November 2010, 08:01
OKies, home now I can check :) (thanks for the quick replies btw)

The frame rates is 23.976.

I haven't specifically changed any audio settings but I assume there somewhere to mess with it?

IE i pretty much open the file and then hit go :)
(so the audio is being pulled from the original pull in from ripbot)

I've uploaded a piccy of my default settings..hope that helps.

cheers
V

mmmmdonut
16th November 2010, 11:41
I've had that happen a few times too, but if I did a second time, the audio usually worked the second time.

I got the subtitles working using suprip and filling in the missing characters.

Make sure you have java loaded, go to tools\bdsup2sub folder and open the java app there. Next browse to your jobs temp folder and see if your sup files open. You will be able to read the sup files using this tool. If all is good RB264 shouldnt have any issues converting from the tool itself however you can also save your output using the bdsup2sub program and selecting the srt file.

zazon
17th November 2010, 07:08
I found smplayer, which seemed to be doing better than VLC, but now it's not showing any video. Anyone know what's going on here?

pacaveli211
17th November 2010, 19:59
-Venomouse
your attachment is still pending so I can't see it =\
as a work around you could probably just demux / remux the audio in manually. (use tsmuxer, keep core or full hd track)
this way it isn't really being modified in any way and should preserve the sync

Venomouse
17th November 2010, 20:52
ill give it a try and post results cheers.

thebasa
17th November 2010, 22:01
When I use RipBot264 with DVDs selecting the first vob file in the set, it goes straight to "Please wait...Indexing Video Stream..." instead of giving me the option to select tracks like subtitle to demux like it does with an .m2ts file. After it demuxes, if I go into selectable subtitles and try to add a .sub file from the job directory, there are no .sub files in there. Is there a way to get the .sub files out during the demux w/o having to use something else like vsrip?

RandomEngy
18th November 2010, 06:06
I can usually rip a 1080p Blu-ray in about 8 hours. I know that the Avatar Collector's Edition is 3 hours long but it's taking more than 24 hours to do the rip, with the same high profile and quality target setting.

Is there something special about that Blu-ray that's causing it to encode very slowly?

pacaveli211
18th November 2010, 06:20
you mean encode, not rip. Avatar will take longer because it's 1.78:1...i.e. it takes up all 1920x1080 pixels.
rather than having letterbox bars like most movies.
the length will also contribute...since it's probably 2x as long as the average movie.
other than those 2 the video itself might just require some extra 'attention' due to a lot of detailed and/or action scenes

RandomEngy
18th November 2010, 17:05
I meant rip. The term in general can mean any process of getting data from a disc and putting it on your computer; encoding can be part of it. Anyway my reference here was actually the standard version of the Avatar, which was only 20 minutes shorter and the same in all other respects.

My best guess at the moment is some new BD+ encryption.

kenwheeler77
18th November 2010, 17:13
My best guess at the moment is some new BD+ encryption.

Are you ripping the movie to hard drive first? You might want to do that if you think that the BD+ encryption is your bottleneck (although I doubt it). Get rid of the encryption and then try encoding it.

What are your machine specs? I'm running an Intel Quad (pre-i series) and I'm averaging 6 hours on CQ=22.

I think I have found an easy way to get True-HD and DTS-HD in the new rips though thanks to the postings of others on this forum. :) I'll do a quick write-up once I've tested all of the different ways/formats to convert to and figure out the benefits/detractions of each.

Great software Atak!!!! Thanks again!!!!

pacaveli211
18th November 2010, 17:21
yeah I understood you meant transferring to hdd from ROM, but the encoding is what takes so long not the 'rip' part per se
movies will probably encode faster if you rip it first and then encode it.

Adub
22nd November 2010, 07:38
Atak_Snajpera,

Just wanted to say thank you for your hard work on this program. It's simplicity helped me out yesterday when dealing with tv show that needed to be XBOX 360 compatible. Well done man! Keep up the good work!

Ookamichi
22nd November 2010, 18:26
Hey i was wondering why, when my input video gets the undetermined language in the audio section why most encodes come out out of sync?

LigH
23rd November 2010, 08:08
There may be many reasons for asynchronity, Ookamichi, but just a missing language flag should not belong to them.

How much is the difference, which direction (audio too early/late related to video), is it growing towards the end?

A usual sample: When audio from DVD VOBs is too early by several seconds, the reason for many converters is that the main movie PGC was not separated (rip in IFO/Movie mode / post-processing on HDD with PGCDemux) before converting, but the VOBs were used straight as copied from DVD.

MoMuChI
23rd November 2010, 13:36
can used ripbot with new 10bit x264 ah?

pacaveli211
23rd November 2010, 17:58

I looked at that when I was swapping out my x264 recently
I checked the current one before I swapped out and it was only the 8bit. so I left it at that.

hopefully Atak can answer this cuz I'm still kinda curious as well.

Wishbringer
24th November 2010, 16:04
Where do you want play output?
So for what do you want to use it?

pacaveli211
24th November 2010, 20:01
Wishbringer If you're replying to me....I encode all my stuff to fit BD25 / BD9 for play in blu-ray players / ps3

razzmatazz
25th November 2010, 05:54
Atak, I first just want to thank you for a great program. It makes encoding videos a breeze.

Second, I was wondering if you have any plans to add an option for whether or not the first subtitle should be on by default. I know it's easy enough to switch off the subtitle if I don't want it on, it would just be nice to be able to set the flag. I understand if you feel like this would be more trouble than it's worth. I know what it's like to develop a program for your own purposes and then be pressured to add features that you'll never use yourself.

Finally, I have a technical question. I noticed that in the "edit job" window, it lists the original .m2ts file for the "video," that it lists the demuxed audio file in the temporary job folder for "audio," and that a "video.mkv" file is created in the temporary job folder. Does RipBot actually use the demuxed audio file and video.mkv for the encode? The reason I ask is that sometimes I would like to be able to delete the .m2ts file before encoding.

Kudos again for a great tool!

pacaveli211
25th November 2010, 06:51
yes it uses the demuxed files for the encode
keep in mind if your source is mkv or something other than m2ts that it doesn't automatically demux the video track

Wishbringer
25th November 2010, 17:48
Wishbringer If you're replying to me....

Nope, sorry, wasn't fast enough... was replying to:

as I know, (see http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1449716#post1449716)
10bit encodes need a special player and can't be played onto bluray or even with normal pc player software.
So if that is correct, there is no need in RipBot to have 10bit x264...

That's why i (hypothetically) asked, where MoMuChI want to play 10bit encoded H264 files.

stasi
25th November 2010, 18:52

I testet the x264 10bit encoder a few weeks ago. I just changed the .exe. Result: Colors of the output look strange, I guess my video player must be updated (is there a 10bit ffdshow/MPC-HC available?), and encoding is very slow, REALLY SLOW. The same profile, the same video with 8 bit encoder shows me ~18fps, the 10bit encoder runs with ~0,8fps!

Washka
26th November 2010, 05:00
I testet the x264 10bit encoder a few weeks ago. I just changed the .exe. Result: Colors of the output look strange, I guess my video player must be updated (is there a 10bit ffdshow/MPC-HC available?), and encoding is very slow, REALLY SLOW. The same profile, the same video with 8 bit encoder shows me ~18fps, the 10bit encoder runs with ~0,8fps!

There is 10 Bit in Media player classic home Cinema
put EVR custom press and right click in player than click Render settings than Presentation and there you have 10bit BUT that will WORK if your VGA Support 10bit per pixel !! Intel G3x or 4x doesn`t support 10bit per pixel. On INTEL picture is green ..... ^^
ATI support this very nice and i didn`t tested on nvidia...

edit: D3D Full screen in Output settings must be checked (ON) or 10 bit will not work.

I just checked... On INTEL works with latest drivers and picture is very nice....

Morbo
27th November 2010, 05:54
I have a noodle scratcher,...
I had been using this program for over two years(thanks!),...for re-encoding QT files from Apple for use elsewhere(ipods,etc).

For whatever reason,..after a HD failed,...re-installed everything,..OS and all,...and now when I try,..I get test.exe and avs2avi.exe errors(stopped working,etc).

Obviously have FFDSHOW,...QT (even tried QT lite),and everything I could think of has failed.It will extract a frame to start encoding but it shows garbage.

These are HD,H264 trailers..and if I toss it over to my other XP system(this one is WIN7 64bit),...they obviously work(encode) fine.

I've tried Win7DSFilterTweaker to no avail....and can not figure out why it worked before my HD crash but not now.

Granted,..it works now for everything BUT MOV files,..I can demux with YAMB,..and do it that way,..but that's an added step I didn't have to do before.

And still does not explain the garbage in the preview script.

Cheers!

FuGGeroo
30th November 2010, 08:45
Here's how I do it:
1) select the audio you want in "profile"
2) click "selectable subtitles" and add the subtitle you want & it will convert it to subtitle_1.sup
3) click done button
4) go to working folder, for me it's "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1"
5) click "job1_EncodeAudio.cmd" to convert audio. The converted audio will show up in "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.ac3"
6) Final import your video, down sampled audio, and subtitle into tsMuxeR_1.10.6

Thanks!! Saved me so much TIME...

thebasa
30th November 2010, 17:05
When I use RipBot264 with DVDs selecting the first vob file in the set, it goes straight to "Please wait...Indexing Video Stream..." instead of giving me the option to select tracks like subtitle to demux like it does with an .m2ts file. After it demuxes, if I go into selectable subtitles and try to add a .sub file from the job directory, there are no .sub files in there. Is there a way to get the vob subs out during the demux w/o having to use something else to get them out?

pacaveli211
1st December 2010, 05:26
anyone deal with and blurays containing cinavia / watermarked audio yet??
anyone know a way to remove / circumvent it?

LigH
1st December 2010, 07:57
Watermarking slightly changes the frequency spectrum. Removing that would not be trivial at all.

Sonogram differences (based on Microsoft watermark2003) (http://forum.gleitz.info/showthread.php?26743-Audio-Watermarking&p=252494&viewfull=1#post252494)

Peakr
1st December 2010, 09:10
anyone deal with and blurays containing cinavia / watermarked audio yet??
anyone know a way to remove / circumvent it?

Only certain players see it. I use surcode to encode HD audio to DTS then plug it into ripbot. With this method I haven't noticed any problems streaming to my PS3.

pacaveli211
1st December 2010, 19:08
yeah I know it's pretty much fully embedded into the audio and it's not just a 'remove' thing.
I also keep HD audio though and would like to retain quality, so re-encoding with surcode doesn't really work for me.
I had considered re-encoding it to DTS-HDMA though...and seeing what happens. I'd rather find a better solution though
I've read eventually everything is supposed to have this implemented so only certain players having it may change to all players having it.
Are all players going to eventually recognize cinavia?
It's part of the AACS LA licensing terms. All players made after a certain date must detect and enforce Cinavia. If manufacturers don't detect and enforce Cinavia with the newer players then I could see their licenses being revoked.

extravirgin
2nd December 2010, 13:37
I asked Adub a couple of questions over at adubvideo.net regarding a problem or two I was having with Ripbot and he suggested I posted here for a response.

I’m trying to backup Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Robin Hood and Aristocats so my two year old doesn't get his sticky fingers on the disks. All Disney and all DVD. The AnyDVD part goes well, I can check the .vts output using Media Player Classic. However, when I put them through Ripbot the audio is badly out of sync with the video. I can check that using the preview. The video and audio duration are different in the main ‘Encoding Settings’ window. No idea why. Individual .vts files are OK but put the whole thing together and it’s about a second out. I’ve delved into ‘Properties’ and adjusted the audio delay/advance to as close a match to the video as I can but the result is still poor.

Any suggestions? Everything is up to date. Ripbot is latest version and so is AnyDVD. I can get the job done with Handbrake but prefer Ripbot.

Let me know if you require any further information.

pacaveli211
2nd December 2010, 19:02
is the audio about the same amount out of sync regardless of where you are in the video or does it seem to get progressively worse through the video?
if it gets progressively worse it's probably something with framerate / de-interlacing.
if it's the same amount throughout it may just need the proper delay added
also....for some reason multiangle stuff comes to mind. I'm not sure how ripbot would handle the movie if it has that. I'd load it into vobblanker to check for that.
but my best suggestion is to ditch the dvds and get blurays =)

8ternity
3rd December 2010, 00:00
Hi atak,

Is there possible to add a setting in the ini file to create complete AVCHD folders

Ex: YES or NO (1 or 0) that i can set to complete create AVCHD folders (BDMV and CERTIFICATE) folders.

Play Station III that we are using detect it only has data disc; if i recreate in AVCHD with tsmuxerGUI > The Disc is played to an AVCHD disc.

Also report to the LG home theater of my brother can't play AVCHD disc in his bluray reader. I need also to repack in tsmuxer and it works.

He check and he has the latest version of his firmware.

Thank You!

pacaveli211
3rd December 2010, 03:59
8ternity - it should create everything you need...if the certificate folder isn't created just create one when you burn the disc. it's just an empty folder anyways.
sometimes it's needed for devices to properly detect the format though

DB4Ever123
3rd December 2010, 09:20
I have a problem I had to go back to Windows XP and RipBot stopped working; /

I did reinstall all codecs but it did not help any suggestions?

http://firepic.org/images/12-2010/ripboterror.jpg

and I can`t change audio DTS -> AC3 i have still "Please wait ... Initializing" ;/

Atak_Snajpera
3rd December 2010, 09:58
@DB4Ever123
http://www.microsoft.com/net/download.aspx

@8ternity
What kind of discs did you use? DVD or BD?

@extravirgin
change file extension to .m2ts and let me know if this helps. Screenshot would be also very helpful (encoding settings)

extravirgin
3rd December 2010, 23:10
Thanks for the reply.

@extravirgin
change file extension to .m2ts and let me know if this helps. Screenshot would be also very helpful (encoding settings)

I'll try and get some screenshots up tomorrow. Bit late now.

Change the extension? You mean of the output file?? (n00b)

8ternity
3rd December 2010, 23:53
@8ternity
What kind of discs did you use? DVD or BD?

DVD 4,7GB and also DVD 8,5GB

I always use good medias such has
"Ritek/Ridata DVD-R 4.7GB"
"Ritek/Ridata DVD+R DL 8,5GB non printable"
"Verbatim DVD+R DL 8,5GB"

i was using before Memorex DVD+R DL but i've got 4 last bundle defect for verify pass; purchased before to Staples; Refunded, went to Best Buy; Samething "refunded" and also to future shop = the same!

i've try to 3 LG burners = faild
i've try to Sony Optic arc = faild
dupplicator at work = faild
Try also to my freind computer = faild

i was using Memorex for last 3 years without problems, but it seems to have an problem in manufacturing!!

pacaveli211
4th December 2010, 01:21
memorex doesn't make their own media. if you get the DVD+R DL that say "DVD+R DL" on the discs and package you'll get ritek/ridata discs (at least this has always been true for me)
it's when you get the ones that say "dual layer DVD+R" that you get MBI discs or something else

8ternity
4th December 2010, 07:01
memorex doesn't make their own media. if you get the DVD+R DL that say "DVD+R DL" on the discs and package you'll get ritek/ridata discs (at least this has always been true for me)
it's when you get the ones that say "dual layer DVD+R" that you get MBI discs or something else

I Know it's Ritek make it, but how come with 3 differents computers, 5 burners models, 1 other pc more than 20 bads disks on 20 passed the writing session, but in verify it crashed? also, why Ridata itself works? Ritek/Ridata are the same company names, but they are many version of the same DVD+R DL for the same speed 8X, even for 4X too. I've not remember what version it was. I've put thoes in recycle box!

Atak_Snajpera
4th December 2010, 09:15
Thanks for the reply.

I'll try and get some screenshots up tomorrow. Bit late now.

Change the extension? You mean of the output file?? (n00b)

Change input file extension. Example video.ts rename to video.m2ts

FuGGeroo
4th December 2010, 13:26
Hi, is there an option in the program to say encode at 50% cpu usage?
I am worried about my cpu burning out (cpu temp gets very very high) with 100% usage for hours on end.

My encoding needs are not time sensitive, so I dont mind it taking twice as long to encode without high cpu temps.

Anyone?

LigH
4th December 2010, 15:39
You may limit the number of threads of the encoder.

And you may let it encode at a low priority class.

Not sure what RipBot264 already supports of these.

soneca
4th December 2010, 19:46
Or perhaps consider switching to a better cooler to keep calm.

legend63
5th December 2010, 15:28
Hello, the package downloaded from mediafire has many corrupted files you can have on another host?
Thanks

Lighto
5th December 2010, 17:05
Hello, the package downloaded from mediafire has many corrupted files you can have on another host?
Thanks

Hope this helps.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264

legend63
5th December 2010, 17:32
Hope this helps.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264
many thanks bro'. :thanks:

73ChargerFan
5th December 2010, 17:39
New user here, un-7zip'd to its own directory on C:\Apps(x86) in Win 7 x64 ultimate.

I'm getting UAC messages "do you want to allow this program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer?"

I'm running many open source applications and this & megui are the only ones that do this.

What am I doing wrong?

pacaveli211
5th December 2010, 23:11
you're not doing anything wrong, it's just a windows security feature.
it can be disabled (UAC can be shut off, I'm not sure if that disables this as well because there are 2 diff types of messages like this)....I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a more advanced user
you should be able to disable it for specific programs though. if you right click the exe and go to properties there's an 'unblock' button. this will suppress the "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?"
if that doesn't get rid of the error it's a UAC only error and I never use that so I'm not sure if it has any exception options (I don't see any in the control panel, just the level it can be set to). it might have something on the popup you get

zazon
6th December 2010, 00:41
I been using CQ when encoding my Blu-rays discs with RipBot. Is there a recommended setting for CQ? I noticed the file gets larger as you lower the CQ setting. For example The Godfather part II was 20GB when set at 20 for CQ, but when I redid at 22, it was 11GB. I'm certainly not expert, but I didn't notice a huge difference between the two. Though this was on my PC screen, not my big screen. I was just wondering about the pros and cons for lowering or raising the CQ settings. Thanks for any help.

pacaveli211
6th December 2010, 01:36
lower cq # = higher quality
18 is commonly regarded to be transparent (indistinguishable from the source, quality wise)
the setting is purely up to you. the differences will probably be negligible unless you compare like an 18 to a 24

zazon
6th December 2010, 03:48
Thanks Paca. When I did the GFII, it was really grainy, but so was the blu-ray disc. 20 seems about twice as big as 22. Would there be much of a difference there, I mean for the average watcher, no a cinephile.

benjyv
6th December 2010, 18:28
Hi there ,

It seems that VC-1 make me troubles again :(
Here is the error :

eac3to v3.24
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "W:\Bluray FULL\CLARKSONTHEITALIANJOB\" 1) 2: "W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 1: "W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1 subtitle track, 1:21:39, 50i
1: Chapters, 19 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080i50 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
4: Subtitle (PGS), English
Creating file "W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
Added fps value (25) to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 122475 frames.
eac3to processing took 45 minutes, 15 seconds.
Done.
----------
test : DirectShowSource: couldn't open file W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv:
An operation failed due to a certification failure.
(W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)
----------

Does anyone know where is the mistake and why it gaves me such error ??

Thanks !!

pacaveli211
7th December 2010, 04:25
-zazon
yeah the director (or someone involved) made a point to add grain to the godfather movies, a retarded decision imo.
11GB to 20GB is a significant difference....but honestly you probably won't notice the difference.
however, I'd be inclined to stick with the higher quality one regardless of whether you can tell the difference or not. I'm more anal about my stuff than most, though.

benjyv
7th December 2010, 06:17
coming back....

I changed the extention using TsMuxer Gui , or simply by replace it and same error....

Could be possible that Ripbot cannot encode this version :

ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L3 ?????

I must specify that original release has NO errors....but assuming that the original is wrong or has bugs , is there some software to check it?

Wishbringer
8th December 2010, 13:19
It seems that VC-1 make me troubles again...
DirectShowSource: couldn't open file W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv:
An operation failed due to a certification failure.

Could be possible that Ripbot cannot encode this version:
Format profile : AP@L3

It has nothing to do with encoding.
Your source isn't recognized by DirectSource.
It could be an error of the Source or of DirectSource.

There was an in "BluRip"-Thread related posting with same behavior:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1419178#post1419178

Solution was to use FFVideoSource instead.

Atak was aware of that thread and mentioned that Ripbot264 will fix that too.
Seems it didn't help.

Maybe you just have to download an newer version of FFdshow (at www.xividvideo.ru, xhmikosr.1f0.de or another web source with recent builds).

benjyv
8th December 2010, 15:25
@Wishbringer

THANKS a lot !!!!

I'll check all options you've told me.....

PS : That link ( www.xividvideo.ru ) is NOT available......the second one is working ....

benjyv
8th December 2010, 17:17
No , Doesn't work :((((

I've downloaded the latest version of FFdshow ( ffdshow rev3626 20101104 xhmikosr )

Same error :(

eac3to v3.24
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "W:\Bluray FULL\CLARKSONTHEITALIANJOB\" 1) 2: "W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 1: "W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1 subtitle track, 1:21:39, 50i
1: Chapters, 19 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080i50 (16:9)
4: Subtitle (PGS), English
Creating file "W:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
Added fps value (25) to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 122475 frames.
eac3to processing took 39 minutes, 24 seconds.
Done.

Another advice ???? Who knows where is the mistake ??

Cornflower
8th December 2010, 22:18
I'm getting a very weird error with RipBot (both older versions and 1.16.3). When I choose a VOB-file it thinks for a few minutes, then says:
"Can't open "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs"

I really don't understand what RipBot is trying to do with this. Why is it storing the avs-script in a place where it can't open it?

benjyv
8th December 2010, 23:53
I'm back with a detail....

Trying to use MeGui , it gaves me such error : http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2417/2222ko.jpg

As I know I've installed all filters , but maybe they are not well setted.... or I've done a mistake.....

Lighto
9th December 2010, 08:09
I'm back with a detail....

Trying to use MeGui , it gaves me such error : http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2417/2222ko.jpg

As I know I've installed all filters , but maybe they are not well setted.... or I've done a mistake.....

Use file > open, then select the source.
MeGUI should use FFMSIndex to index your file first before using FFVideoSource to open your file.

benjyv
9th December 2010, 08:37
@Lighto

I've done so....everytime I'm doing so , but now gaves me this error :(

Could be some mistake somewhere......But WHERE ????

7ekno
9th December 2010, 08:38
FFDShow needs to be configured to decode VC1 with the WMP9 decoder (has to be manually set in FFDShow codec options) ...

System setup for accurate decode can be setup as per the "Windows 7 setup" link in the first post of the HDConvertToX thread ....

7ek

benjyv
9th December 2010, 09:23
PS : I'm using Win XP SP3.......

LigH
9th December 2010, 10:11
PS : That link ( www.xividvideo.ru ) is NOT available......the second one is working ....

One "i" too many: http://www.xvidvideo.ru
__

Regarding your PM:

Start > (All) Programs > ffdshow > Video decoder configuration > Codecs

In the row with "VC-1" in the "Format" column, click in the "Decoder" column (where you may see "libavcodec" or "disabled") - a combobox will appear. Now you can select "wmv9".

Note that you need to have installed the original Microsoft WMV9 / VC-1 DMO codecs (either already present in newer Windows versions, or updatable via Windows Media Player 11, or separately via WMF11 Distrubutable).

benjyv
9th December 2010, 12:05
@LigH

THANKS , THANKS A LOT !!!! ;-)

Solved part of it......I'm waiting to see results :D
I haven't installed WMP 11 with all its filters and seems that was the issue...

I'll tell you in a jiffy.....

LigH
9th December 2010, 12:44
@ benjyv:

I don't know why you keep asking completely "normal" questions via PMs (and I can't reply via PMs because you don't want to receive any).

"How to configure ffdshow" is no reason to get private. "Where to download the WMF 11 Redistributable" not either -- search in the Microsoft Downloads, it's a public free download, genuine from Microsoft. If you already have Windows Vista / 7 and a current Windows Media Player, you may even already have the required codec installed and don't need to download that.
__

Uhm, at least I expected that ... but I could not find "wmfdist11.exe" at Microsoft's downloads?!

benjyv
9th December 2010, 12:49
@LigH

Sorry , I was in a hurry and I didn't wanna make mistakes :(

Seems I solved the problem......

Keep in touch !!

LigH
9th December 2010, 13:02
Looks like Microsoft doesn't provide the Media Player codecs separately anymore (user binding via Media Player 11); I remember that Nic had an older copy on his website:

http://nic.dnsalias.com/wm9enc.html

A possibly newer version (found via findfiles.com): http://www.citizeninsomniac.com/WMV - Codecs - Windows Media Format SDK 11 x86 Runtime

"All versions of Windows Vista (except "N" European versions) include the latest WVC1 and WMV3 encoder and decoder DMOs." - For Windows 7 "N" and "KN", Microsoft offers the "Media Feature Pack".

benjyv
9th December 2010, 13:17
@LigH

Thanks again !!!!

Do not bother looking for links to Vista or Win 7 ...
I use , as I already said, XP SP3 :D

I think I found all codecs within WMP 11 ,which I forgot to install after formating :D....

I'm waiting the results now......

benjyv
9th December 2010, 13:24
OMG !!!

Finally it WORKS !!!!

RipBot is majestic and perfect. It wasn't to blame but me , the fool :D

Now everything is AGAIN OK !!!!

Thanks to all who helped me !!!!!

Lighto
9th December 2010, 14:11
OMG !!!

Finally it WORKS !!!!

RipBot is majestic and perfect. It wasn't to blame but me , the fool :D

Now everything is AGAIN OK !!!!

Thanks to all who helped me !!!!!

Glad to see you got it working.:)
So I suppose the cause of all this was mainly due to the missing WMP 11?

benjyv
9th December 2010, 14:15
@Lighto

Yep , and all the codecs included within......

Zorro70
10th December 2010, 01:27
Atak, please please please can you add when adding audio, the option to downsample the dtshd-ma, into dts 1500KB extracting the core audio.

At the minute im having to use ts muxer to downsample the dts and take out the core, then mux into a blu ray format, and then load it into ripbot.

can you please add this into ripbot. please please please

i encode 10 bd9 avchd disks a week for a HD site, this would make my life much easier.

Your program is awesome, i use it 24/7

thank you man!!!!!

Iwould consider donating if you could add this !!!!!

MaistroX
10th December 2010, 09:02
Hi!

Since many Original BD´s have there original subtitles to high in the picture, sometimes... as in Avatar and many others right in the picture, is it possible to set were subtitles would end up as a preference to set within RipBot ?

So all subtitles end up in the bottom of the screen allways, but never out of the picture either in 4/3 or 16/9-formats ? :)

If possible allso, be able to set so colour never end up as yellow or other, but if set, allways as black !? :)

Regards

P.S THX for a SuperB tool !

Lighto
10th December 2010, 10:21
Hi!

Since many Original BD´s have there original subtitles to high in the picture, sometimes... as in Avatar and many others right in the picture, is it possible to set were subtitles would end up as a preference to set within RipBot ? You will need to use other programs to edit your subtitles, I believe .ass has the abilities to set the position of the subtitles.

So all subtitles end up in the bottom of the screen allways, but never out of the picture either in 4/3 or 16/9-formats ? :)
Not too sure what you're asking...

If possible allso, be able to set so colour never end up as yellow or other, but if set, allways as black !? :)

You will need to use other programs to edit your subtitles, I believe .ass has the abilities to set the color of the subtitles as well.
Regards

P.S THX for a SuperB tool !

Hope this helps.

pacaveli211
10th December 2010, 18:24
lol I think you forgot something there Lighto

MaistroX-
you can use BDSup2Sub (RipBot264\Tools\BDSup2Sub) to manually movie subs up and down
I do this personally especially for like 2.35 / 2.40 movies. I don't like the subtitles being right over the picture
might as well put them down on the black letterbars

Zorro70-
while I can't change the program for ya..I can tell ya that you don't have to do that second step of muxing the audio back into bluray structure
ripbot can recognize raw DTS audio. so you can load your video and such, then just select your demuxed .dts track for the audio

crackinhedz
11th December 2010, 02:38
you can use BDSup2Sub (RipBot264\Tools\BDSup2Sub) to manually movie subs up and down
I do this personally especially for like 2.35 / 2.40 movies. I don't like the subtitles being right over the picture
could you go into more detail about this? All I see in my BDSup2Sub folder is a .ini file and a .jar file, not sure what settings to change?

do you know of any guide to explain how to use this program?

Lighto
11th December 2010, 03:44
@pacaveli211: Didn't know that BDSup2Sub could do that.:o

pacaveli211
11th December 2010, 04:22
@pacaveli211: Didn't know that BDSup2Sub could do that.:o

I meant it seems you forgot something in your post
all that it had was 'hope this helps' and the quote from MaistroX
maybe you were just doing that to show your signature?

crackinhedz-
you execute the .jar file, it's a java file
you have to have java for ripbot already so I'll assume you have that. once it's open you can just open a .sup file and select the 'move all captions'. I prefer to just manually specify a y position but you have to do this for every frame. this is my preference because the 'move out of bounds' option leaves some subtitles a bit lower on the screen than others. just something you'll have to mess with / decide which you like best

Lighto
11th December 2010, 05:19
I meant it seems you forgot something in your post
all that it had was 'hope this helps' and the quote from MaistroX
maybe you were just doing that to show your signature?

crackinhedz-
you execute the .jar file, it's a java file
you have to have java for ripbot already so I'll assume you have that. once it's open you can just open a .sup file and select the 'move all captions'. I prefer to just manually specify a y position but you have to do this for every frame. this is my preference because the 'move out of bounds' option leaves some subtitles a bit lower on the screen than others. just something you'll have to mess with / decide which you like best

Erm...nope
I answered MaistroX in his quote, those text highlighted in red.:p
Anyway what most of the folks here are doing are more complicated than the video tut in my signature, it wouldn't be of any help.

pacaveli211
11th December 2010, 06:59
oh, haha, I see.
colors are overridden with my browser so it all blended together, so nevermind all that =P

Plugged Up
12th December 2010, 02:24
Using RipBot264 version 1.16.3 to shrink a full quality MKV made with MakeMKV file a bit. Things work great, it says all done but encoding stops at 12.57 every time. I have tried many different settings all with the same result. The source MKV does nothing special at this spot. No glitch, chapter change, or ever camera angle change at that time. Anyone have any ideas on what I can try?

System Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit, latest codecs
Core I7 4.0 mghz computer with ATI Radeon HD 5970 Graphics card and 12 gig RAM

Zorro70
12th December 2010, 03:00
lol I think you forgot something there Lighto

MaistroX-

Zorro70-
while I can't change the program for ya..I can tell ya that you don't have to do that second step of muxing the audio back into bluray structure
ripbot can recognize raw DTS audio. so you can load your video and such, then just select your demuxed .dts track for the audio

it keeps the chapters if i do it that way though, and i have to demux the audio the way your saying so its no quicker
It's still the same amount of steps.

I would just love to load a blu ray into ripbot and be able to choose the dts core rather than ac3 or dtshd-ma.

im sure its a pretty easy fix for atak using eac3to, but i dont know much about audio encoding, or using eac3to

anyway it seems hesmissed my post so its pointless, hes far toooo busy this guy.

program is a god send though :-)

pacaveli211
12th December 2010, 03:52
it doesn't keep the chapters if you load the bluray and then choose/browse to a different audio track when it's done?

benjyv
12th December 2010, 11:15
I'm trying to put a question here because there are more specialists than elsewhere.
A curious thing happened to me for the first time...
After encoding with Ripbot, which accepts only one audio track - in which case I choose "AC3" to be automatically encoded - I tried to add too , DTS 5.1 track using mkvtoolnix v 4.4.0, last version from November 7, 2010.
After remuxing I checked with MediaInfo and it appeared as DTS track has NO 5 channels but only one channel ... I did more tests but all results were the same = DTS was taken as a mono channel and not 5+1 channels .
I had to demux all video and audio tracks and using Megui muxing options to remux audio and video tracks, which gave the expected and correct result.
My question is if I made a mistake somewhere or if the new version of mkvtoolnix gaves such errors ...
Never until now no such weird thing happened to me with mkvtoolnix. For instance " mkvmerge v4.0.0 ('The Stars were mine') built on Jun 6 2010 " worked ,but " mkvmerge v4.4.0 ('Die Wiederkehr') built on Nov 7 2010" makes me troubles.
Where am I wrong ???

Jurai
13th December 2010, 05:03
Hi, I'm using RipBot264 for the first time and it is consistently producing incorrect AR on output.

Proper AR on my source material is 1.78, which the application even acknowledges that it knows next to all of the other resize options. However I still get incorrect output.

If i set it to No-Crop, No-Resize, the encoded AR winds up at 1.50 rather than the original 1.78. The same happens if I select 720x480 NTSC [1,78:1].

The only option that gives me a correct AR on output is selecting Custom [1,78:1] and setting my width to 720.

Why does RipBot264 not select the proper AR when using the no-resize option? seems rather silly

Atak_Snajpera
13th December 2010, 10:19
Why does RipBot264 not select the proper AR when using the no-resize option? seems rather silly
It would be easier to answer your question if you could upload source sample (50MB) to www.mediafire.com

benjyv
13th December 2010, 15:02
Regarding my question above.....

I wanna just know if that error is from Ripbot or from mkvtoolnix or due to my settings ???

Jurai
14th December 2010, 03:01
It would be easier to answer your question if you could upload source sample (50MB) to www.mediafire.com

what app should I use to cut a chunk out of my source VOB's?

also I've noticed that when I add a job to the queue, it closes any open instances of Media Player Classic that I have open, guess it might be ffdshow related

Lighto
14th December 2010, 03:16
@Jurai: you can try using DGSplit.

Twilex
14th December 2010, 06:19
Hi just had a quick question....sorry if im derailing =/ Was wondering why my fps when encoding starts out strong at about 30fps+ but slowly gets lower and lower and ends up around 10-12fps by the end of the encode. Only thing i really like about handbrake is that it stays at about 25+fps for me at all times. Bad thing is my output mp4's never work for some reason so i just stick with ripbot. Any ideas? I use the default hd 4.0 format converting to mp4, running an i7-920 at 3.8ghz just fyi. Thanks to anyone who responds.

benjyv
14th December 2010, 08:36
I've asked above a question....

Nobody knows to answer ???

Does Ripbot gives errors or......

Thanks for answer in advance !!!

7ekno
14th December 2010, 12:29
Nobody knows to answer ???

It's a Ripbot thread, and you are asking about MKVToolnix, see the issue here?

Post a comment in the right thread and all the wisdom and knowledge you seek may be thrust upon yeee ...

7ek

Plugged Up
14th December 2010, 17:10
What about me. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong to make a great MKV encode stop short?

pacaveli211
14th December 2010, 18:16
Hi just had a quick question....sorry if im derailing =/ Was wondering why my fps when encoding starts out strong at about 30fps+ but slowly gets lower and lower and ends up around 10-12fps by the end of the encode. Only thing i really like about handbrake is that it stays at about 25+fps for me at all times. Bad thing is my output mp4's never work for some reason so i just stick with ripbot. Any ideas? I use the default hd 4.0 format converting to mp4, running an i7-920 at 3.8ghz just fyi. Thanks to anyone who responds.

in 2 pass mode the fps will be higher in the first pass because it's kinda just doing a test run to get an idea of the movie before it does the actual encode (pass2).

in either mode (cq / 2 pass) it will start out a little faster for a couple of reasons. it hasn't done enough processing to give an accurate, overall, average fps, and the first part of most movies is opening credits / less intense video. so it will be able to process that faster than the latter parts.

pacaveli211
15th December 2010, 02:44
-Plugged Up
your encode stops at 12.57%?
is the drive where your ripbot temp folder resides almost full? if it runs out of space it'll just stop encoding

Plugged Up
15th December 2010, 04:23
I have a few hundred gig still available. It just stops with a perfect encode at 12.57 time. The movie is shutter island and handbreak which seems to work oKay with most stuff is crashing when encoding so it might be the source file. I am going to try some other files now and let you know what happens.

-Plugged Up
your encode stops at 12.57%?
is the drive where your ripbot temp folder resides almost full? if it runs out of space it'll just stop encoding

Rorix
15th December 2010, 04:59
I'm having trouble encoding any video. The resultant file plays but the video is always full black but the audio plays fine. This is the case for all videos I've tried. Anyone know what the problem could be?

zazon
15th December 2010, 06:51
Can anyone tell me what the resolution is for a 4:3 and 1.66:1 films when I'm doing the auto cropping? I tried doing 1440x1080 for the 4:3, film, but it looks wider than it should be. Thanks for any help.

Lighto
15th December 2010, 09:27
Hey Atak, I was wondering if it would be possible to add in an "All files (*.*)" option in the drop down list when selecting for files to be encoded in the next version.:)

The current RipBot only allow files with supported extension to be selected.
http://lulzimg.com/i7/a7477f1c.png

The reason why I am suggesting this is so that advanced users can actually use RipBot to encode files that are not officially supported yet.
For example .m4v and .3gp.

For unsupported format, RipBot doesn't extract the audio stream.
Advanced users can then select the audio stream they extracted themselves.

I believe as a programmer, some of the concerns will be that it might lead to unexpected exceptions to happen.:(

However, I hope that you consider this feature request and tell me what are your thoughts about it.:o

Atak_Snajpera
15th December 2010, 10:09
@lighto
change extension to .mp4

I tried doing 1440x1080 for the 4:3, film, but it looks wider than it should be.
don't crop black borders because ripbot will always flag 1440x1080 (and also 1280x1080) as 16:9!

Lighto
15th December 2010, 10:55
@Atak
Why didn't I think of that?:eek:
Thanks!:cool:

73ChargerFan
18th December 2010, 03:29
I'm encoding early 1990s cartoons, flat colors, very little shading, thin line drawings.

A few years ago, Megui had a profile for cartoons, but RipBot264 doesn't seem to have any different options except which level.

I think psyrd should be off for cartoons, but it is enabled. I'm using 3.0 SD/CQ20, IVTC, Decimate to 23.96, and color correction from the gui.

Is RipBot264 okay for this encoding? Are there other profiles that would work better? I'm not well versed in x264 options, and have to rely on those better informed. Thanks for the help.

cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x131 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 /
psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 /
8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 /
threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 /
bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 /
open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 /
rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 /
qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=10000 / vbv_bufsize=10000 /
crf_max=0.0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / nal_hrd=vbr

Mr. Monte
18th December 2010, 03:42
Is there a way to add avisynth filters to a RipBot folder and make them available when encoding...that will show up in preview?

Usedocne
18th December 2010, 04:00
I'm encoding early 1990s cartoons, flat colors, very little shading, thin line drawings.

A few years ago, Megui had a profile for cartoons, but RipBot264 doesn't seem to have any different options except which level.

I think psyrd should be off for cartoons, but it is enabled. I'm using 3.0 SD/CQ20, IVTC, Decimate to 23.96, and color correction from the gui.

Is RipBot264 okay for this encoding? Are there other profiles that would work better? I'm not well versed in x264 options, and have to rely on those better informed. Thanks for the help.

Why not use --tune animation; Also, you can read up on x264 settings here (http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings).

benjyv
19th December 2010, 01:14
I wish you

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/399/10355618.gif

legend63
19th December 2010, 15:33
Hello, what 's the best Profile and/or settings to encode a blue ray to mkv about 9000 kb ?
Thanks.

benjyv
19th December 2010, 17:28
I've made up my mind to check for the first time the option " poster ".
In this case I've upped there a cover....
My question is : the poster option can be viewed ??? and in what circumstances or with what software??

pacaveli211
19th December 2010, 17:38
Hello, what 's the best Profile and/or settings to encode a blue ray to mkv about 9000 kb ?
Thanks.

they're blu-rays, not "blue ray". if you're looking to hit a target bitrate you should use 2-pass mode and set the bitrate.

if you mean 9000MB you'll want to use 2-pass mode and set that as the locked size.

if you don't really need to hit a target size / bitrate you should consider using the CQ mode (set at maybe 20 or so, you'll have to decide which setting works best for you. the lower the number the larger the encode / bitrate) and let x264 decide which is best for the movie.

legend63
19th December 2010, 18:18
they're blu-rays, not "blue ray". if you're looking to hit a target bitrate you should use 2-pass mode and set the bitrate.

if you mean 9000MB you'll want to use 2-pass mode and set that as the locked size.

if you don't really need to hit a target size / bitrate you should consider using the CQ mode (set at maybe 20 or so, you'll have to decide which setting works best for you. the lower the number the larger the encode / bitrate) and let x264 decide which is best for the movie.
opps meant as bitrate 9000.I normally use 2 pass bitrate to 9000 for 1080P and 5000 for the 720
i don't undestrand how to work the CQ and better if the double pass
many thanks.

pacaveli211
19th December 2010, 23:36
the CQ is just a constant quality thing. in your situation it sounds like it'd be better.
some movies will need a higher bitrate to retain the same quality while a lower bitrate will suffice for other movies
so setting 9000kbps might limit it too much for some movies. the CQ mode will be able to determine when higher / lower bitrates are needed
it will also encode faster as it only needs to make 1 pass instead of two.
as for the profile itself the 4.0 profile will work fine for encoding bluray stuff to MKV

awake33
20th December 2010, 02:51
You may as well give up :p
While I completely agree, and in fact use the same method as you and many others. I believe that Atak will never do this based solely on principle based on his personal dislike of the format. Why else would someone tout the more efficient FLAC, noting smaller file sizes as one of the perks. . .
and then immediately steer someone towards decompressing DTSHD into PCM or W64 files rather than just leave it be and save space!

His personal opinion seems to over-ride sensibility here IMO. I personally need this format because my media streamers do not play multi-channel flac/wavs in MKV or M2TS files.

The funny part is, I'm pretty sure it requires less coding within the GUI backend to allow the stream to be extracted as is than to convert it to another format. :confused:

So demuxing with Tsmuxer and remuxing with the final encodes is our only choice if we want to use his superior software package. :)

@Atak,

I know you are against using TrueHD/DTS-HD, and go the route of flac, however i thought i would beg again! :)

Please would you reconsider, and add support for retaining TrueHD/DTS-HD audio? I'm sure there are plenty of users out there who have to go the long route of encoding video with RipBot, demuxing TrueHD/DTS-HD, remuxing the lot to MKV.

Of course, there are other video encoding tools out there that can do this, however as a compliment to you, i'm only interested in using RipBot!

You could save people a stack of time! Surely this is a legit feature request and would be well served?

Many thanks

benjyv
20th December 2010, 07:11
How the " poster " option can be viewed ??? and in what circumstances or with what software??

angles
20th December 2010, 18:29
why ripbot why? ok new problem.. i have an .avi file.. i encode with ribot to ipod .mp4.. everything goes good.. but after clicking start.. it keeps on "please wait...initializing.." well ive been staring almost 2 hours at my display.. then aborted.. and tried again.. this time waited 4,5 hours..but it never gets past that!!!!!! why? i 4 times reinstalled all the codecs ffdshow, haALI, ETC,.. i dont know what to do anymore...help! before i trow away my laptop! lol...

pacaveli211
20th December 2010, 18:38
try a newer version off FFDshow

angles
20th December 2010, 18:42
try a newer version off FFDshow

i have the newest version.. :(

pacaveli211
20th December 2010, 19:04
try a full uninstall of ffdshow (anything ffdshow in control panel) reboot, delete any ffdshow folder remaining in program files
reinstall it, try again. maybe try the most recent older one as well.

is the video xvid?

Lighto
20th December 2010, 19:17
Anyone has any idea on how to get x264's slow preset working on RipBot?
I know it can be done on MeGUI by simply adjusting the slider.

pacaveli211
20th December 2010, 19:21
preset
Default: medium
Change options to trade off compression efficiency against encoding speed. If you specify a preset, the changes it makes will be applied before all other parameters are applied.
You should generally set this option to the slowest you can bear.
Values available: ultrafast, superfast, veryfast, faster, fast, medium, slow, slower, veryslow, placebo.
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings
so you should be able to just add --preset ______ to the line in whichever profile you're using

angles
20th December 2010, 19:22
try a full uninstall of ffdshow (anything ffdshow in control panel) reboot, delete any ffdshow folder remaining in program files
reinstall it, try again. maybe try the most recent older one as well.

is the video xvid?

yes the video is an xvid .avi file.. ill try again uninstualling

pacaveli211
20th December 2010, 19:39
if you still have problems you may want to try changing the codecs in ffdshow for xvid to something different
I believe there were other causes to this issue (other than codecs) you may want to try the 'search this thread' for the error and see what else you find

Atak_Snajpera
20th December 2010, 19:44
... or switch off audio normalization in ripbot.

angles
20th December 2010, 20:29
thanks guys for trying to help me out.. :)
it seems regarding the error that it keeps hanging on "please wait...initializing.." that the solution is this.. first i got tired of installing uninstalling ffdshow haali etc.. so then i thought.. let me try this..
1. uninstall all the codecs, haali, avisytinh, ffdshow.
2. then i installed kaaza mega codec pack 6 (while instaling i selected full and for xvid instead liba.. i selected xvid 1.3
3. after that i installed avisynth the latest beta version
4. i started up ripbot. opened my .avi file.. selected my ipod profile.
added my .sub subtitles. (this time i did not select the option of denoising)
5. i pressed start and it is now passed the please wait..initialization. its encoding the audio!!! yahoo.. now i hope nothing else will go wrong..

but still a few question.. what is normalisation? and what exacly is denoising? because i thought denoising was to remove the little grainy blocky artifacts u sometimes have on video files..

once again thanx.. and if someone else has the same error.. try the steps i took.. cant believe i wasted a whole day to figure this error out! lol

73ChargerFan
21st December 2010, 02:51
Why not use --tune animation;

:thanks: Googling it led me to change filter from 0,0 to 1,1.

My profile is now:

[MAIN 3.0] Cartoons.txt

--level 3.0 --tune animation --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 10000 --vbv-maxrate 10000 --filter 1,1
--ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 2
--partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4 --no-8x8dct --me umh

I'm testing with a scene from a dvd, using CQ18 and resize down to 640x480.

Left is Source, Middle is no denoise, Right has Anime Denoise on :D

ps - sorry for not using thumbnail, imageshack really annoys me

OOPS - the images had filters enabled in mpc-hc, I'll have to try making them again...

73ChargerFan
21st December 2010, 03:28
The beginning of the cartoon is a dark grey background. The original is "dirty" with small blocks and a lot of noise.

The encode has huge moving black blocks, in a uniform grey background.

I had the same blotches when I tried encoding Batman TAS a few years ago, and I gave up. Is there something I can do about it now? I did not adjust colors for this encode.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2330/blackblotches.png (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/blackblotches.png/)

benjyv
21st December 2010, 07:28
I hope someone will dare to answer this question:
How can I access the option " poster " ?? how would I be able to view it ??

Well, Atak??

...being the newest improuvement of this soft, you could kindly solve this problem and respond to my question without having to come back and insist so much.. ;-)

Atak_Snajpera
21st December 2010, 20:35
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1418040#post1418040

benjyv
22nd December 2010, 05:46
Yeah, I remember that screenshot ...
Nor the first time and even now I didn't understood how can I see that posters...
Maybe should I have installed Vista or Win 7 , because On my Win XP SP3 cannot see the posters :(
I just can see these :

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/41/1212dp.jpg

Confusion in my head regarding this topic is like the beginning ....

If you don't define this topic I understand that it is a superfluous issue which not deserve attention..

Thanks anyway for your answer....

legend63
22nd December 2010, 10:45
hello, how to crop when resize to 1280X720?
Thanks.

soneca
22nd December 2010, 12:13
benjyv,

Only works for mp4 files.

benjyv
22nd December 2010, 13:24
THANKS SONECA !!!!!

finally....

diggityDawg
23rd December 2010, 01:57
I'm sure this has been answered, but can't find it in a search of the thread... Just downloaded the latest version and it requires Java. So I downloaded and installed JRE 6u23. Still says I don't have it installed. I rebooted, still says I don't have installed. I tried to install Java again, just to be sure, and it says it's installed, do I want to remove it. It's definitely installed, so why does RB keep saying it's not? How do I get around this so I can run it? THX!!

zazon
23rd December 2010, 11:29
Running a .m2ts through RipBot and I'm getting a demuxing error message. Here's my log:

eac3to v3.24
command line: "D:\Blu\RipBot\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "E:\Usual Suspects.m2ts" 1: "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 2: "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_Undetermined.dtsma.w64" -down16 -progressnumbers -log="D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1 subtitle track, 1:46:04, 24p /1.001
1: MPEG2, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: DTS Master Audio, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
3: Subtitle (SRT)
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a02] Reducing depth from 24 to 16 bits...
[a02] Writing W64...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a02] Creating file "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_Undetermined.dtsma.w64"...
[a02] The ArcSoft DTS Decoder reported an error while decoding. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 15589179392. <ERROR>

pacaveli211
23rd December 2010, 17:51
I'd just demux the audio manually as that seems to be the issue.
someone else here may have a better solution if that isn't a good work-around for ya

diggityDawg
23rd December 2010, 21:34
How about getting around the Java check? Anyone have any advice for that? Please help, can't use RipBot until it figures out I already have Java installed...

zazon
23rd December 2010, 23:18
Thanks for the reply. How does one demux the audio manually?

pacaveli211
23rd December 2010, 23:34
grab tsMuxeR (freeware) http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html

diggityDawg - I'm not sure on the java thing. I have 6.22 and it's working without any issue. did you install the x64 or x86? ripbot probably needs the x86
you can try using this page to make sure there's not an issue with the java install: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

zazon
24th December 2010, 00:11
Thanks Paca. The file I put into RipBot and is giving the error was already run through tsMuxer. I like ripping out the extra tracks. Was there a step I missed?

pacaveli211
24th December 2010, 00:20
what is your goal for the audio? i.e. what is your end result with it going to be (encode to flac/ac3/etc)?

zazon
24th December 2010, 08:23
My goal is to put the .m2ts file into RipBot without an error message so I can re-encode it.

Atak_Snajpera
24th December 2010, 12:21
Wouldn't be easier and simpler to import .m2ts directly from BD???

pacaveli211
24th December 2010, 17:30
My goal is to put the .m2ts file into RipBot without an error message so I can re-encode it.
that doesn't answer my question...I said the audio
yeah I was thinkin the same thing....not much point remuxing it if you're just gonna leave it in .m2ts where ripbot has to do the same thing as if it were the original
unless he's checking size for bd25, cuz I do something similar =)

25th December 2010, 13:38
Atak_Snajpera Christmas present coming soon from U?

25th December 2010, 13:43
hello, how to crop when resize to 1280X720?
Thanks. Once it demuxes then click on the properties tab under MODE there you will see your options for cropping.

Woqini
26th December 2010, 10:13
Suddenly out of the blue i start getting this error:

eac3to v3.24
command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264v1.16.3\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "J:\MainMovie\GLADIATOR_G51\" 1) 2: "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.dtsma.w64" -down16 4: "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\4_subtitles_Danish_1080.sup" 1: "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1 subtitle track, 2:50:56, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 28 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
4: Subtitle (PGS), Danish
Creating file "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[s04] Extracting subtitle track number 4...
[a03] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a03] Reducing depth from 24 to 16 bits...
[a03] Writing W64...
------------------------

I know its not ripbot causing this error. I havent changed anything on my system.

I have never had an error using Ripbot before ...

Running Windows 7 64bit

pacaveli211
26th December 2010, 17:54
Woqini- I see no error in the information you've provided

Woqini
26th December 2010, 18:46
This is what happens ...

I load the BD stream as usual, and Ripbot starts demuxing. when it's apx. 60 pct. complete it starts all over demuxing again from scratch. At 60 pct. it stops and i get a window with the text i copy/pasted.

benjyv
28th December 2010, 12:45
New version coming soon?
Atak_Snajpera Christmas present coming soon from U?

yep , good ideea.....

And if I may suggest to Atak, and here I can, to introduce a system for SSIF files encoding (these ssif files are coming with 3D movies).

I don't wanna brag but I have some experience in extracting these files - at least theoretically - and I can help people who wanna start this kind of new "threat"

Till then , I wish you all A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 !!!!

Woqini
28th December 2010, 14:46
BITDEFENDER 2011 was the bandit :mad:

Shutting down everything wasn't enough, it needed to be completely uninstalled.

benjyv
28th December 2010, 18:56
@Woqini

Don't worry !!!

Just PM me and I'll solve your issue....

I have " BIT DEFENDER 2011 ALL PRODUCTS helper " :D

zazon
29th December 2010, 01:53

Based on this I'll take it there's no reason to run the file through tsMuser to rip out the extra audio and subtitle tracks?

pacaveli211
29th December 2010, 03:10
yeah ripbot is just gonna pop up a selection box asking you which tracks you need (and which ones to demux) anyways

benjyv
29th December 2010, 08:30
yeah ripbot is just gonna pop up a selection box asking you which tracks you need (and which ones to demux) anyways

how that ???

...did you guessed it, did a brownie whispered or Atak revealed in private some news and we do not know?? :D

bdj911
30th December 2010, 06:18
I get a similar error on 3 out of the last 4 blu-rays I tried to rip to mp4 for ipod. Crank, S. Darko, and Star Trek VI. Star Trek IV was fine. Here is the demux log. Any ideas on what is wrong?

eac3to v3.24
command line: "C:\Users\Public\Downloads\DVD Tools\RipBot264v1.16.3\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\" 1) 2: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.thd.w64" -down16 8: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\8_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 9: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\9_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 10: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\10_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 11: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\11_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 12: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\12_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 13: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\13_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 14: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\14_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 15: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\15_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 1: "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
M2TS, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 8 subtitle tracks, 1:49:59, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 15 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: TrueHD/AC3, English, 7.1 channels, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
(embedded: AC3 EX, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB)
4: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, Spanish, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), French
11: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
12: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
13: Subtitle (PGS), English
14: Subtitle (PGS), French
15: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
Creating file "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[s12] Extracting subtitle track number 12...
[s13] Extracting subtitle track number 13...
[s15] Extracting subtitle track number 15...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Extracting TrueHD stream...
[a03] Removing TrueHD dialog normalization...
[a03] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
[a03] Remapping channels...
[a03] Reducing depth from 24 to 16 bits...
[a03] Writing W64...
[s14] Extracting subtitle track number 14...
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[s11] Extracting subtitle track number 11...
[s08] Extracting subtitle track number 8...
[a03] Creating file "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.thd.w64"...
[s09] Creating file "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\9_subtitles_English_1080.sup"...
[s11] Creating file "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\11_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup"...
[s08] Creating file "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\8_subtitles_English_1080.sup"...
[s12] Creating file "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\12_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup"...
[s10] Creating file "K:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\10_subtitles_French_1080.sup"...
[s10] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s10] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[s10] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[v02] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s09] [1:00:30] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s14] [0:45:27] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s14] [0:45:27] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[s13] [0:17:34] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s13] [0:17:34] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[s12] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s12] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[s15] [0:00:02] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s15] [0:00:02] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[s09] [1:00:30] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[v02] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[v02] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s08] [1:00:15] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s13] [0:17:34] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s11] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s12] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[a03] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s15] [0:00:02] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s09] [1:00:30] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s14] [0:45:27] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s08] [1:00:15] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[s11] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[a03] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (transport error indicated). <WARNING>
[v02] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity). <WARNING>
[s08] [1:00:15] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[a03] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s11] [1:03:11] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[a03] [1:03:53] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity). <WARNING>
[a03] This track is not clean (2). <WARNING>
[v02] [1:10:21] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s08] [1:06:40] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s08] [1:06:40] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s10] [1:09:36] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s10] [1:09:36] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s11] [1:09:36] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s11] [1:09:36] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s09] [1:06:54] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[v02] [1:10:21] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s12] [1:09:36] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[s09] [1:06:54] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[v02] [1:10:21] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity). <WARNING>
[s12] [1:09:36] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[a03] [1:10:21] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[a03] [1:10:21] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing). <WARNING>
[a03] [1:10:21] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity). <WARNING>
[a03] The libav decoder reported error -1 while decoding. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 17497587712. <ERROR>

benjyv
30th December 2010, 06:54
@bdj911

The source file is damaged

Trayman
30th December 2010, 15:51
@bdj911 My guess it that they have a new copy protection that your ripping soft can't handle properly.

bdj911
30th December 2010, 19:03
Sorry I forgot some other key information. I am using the latest version of Anydvd HD. I first tried direct from blu-ray and then I tried two after ripping to my hard drive. All seem to play fine using PoweDVD 8.

dzirkelb
30th December 2010, 20:49
I have been using this product for about a year now and absolutely love it. However, I have a couple .mkv files that when I go to compress then using ripbot, the file when it goes to demux only takes about 10seconds, and is ready to go. The reason is because it shows -----[NO AUDIO]----- in the audio stream. If I compress it, then I loose audio completely.

I have most recently noticed this on the Matrix collection, all 3 of them. There are other random ones in my collection also, but I just ignored them and moved on. However, my drive is filling up, and I would like to compress these now.

What information do I need to provide to get a resolution to this issue? The files themselves play great using WMC, Boxee, Media Player, WMP, etc.

mmmmdonut
30th December 2010, 21:21
Sorry I forgot some other key information. I am using the latest version of Anydvd HD. I first tried direct from blu-ray and then I tried two after ripping to my hard drive. All seem to play fine using PoweDVD 8.

All those discs you mentioned are older titles and anydvd wont have any issues with ripping those. Based off the log it looks like encryption is still on the disc.

Atak_Snajpera
31st December 2010, 09:36
@dzirkelb
show me content of mkvinfo.txt (it will be located in x:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1)

Noisrevid
1st January 2011, 18:18
Okay so I copied Back To The Future part 1, 2 and 3 to my HDD directly from my OWN Blu Rays with AnyDVD.

Loaded each movie into RipBot264 and using the same exact profiles and CRF 18 and resized to 720p using the same exact audio compression (in other words, nothing different between all 3 movies).

Part 1 came out to 7.2gb, part 2 came out to 3.7gb, and part 3 came out 4.2gb. All 3 movies are around 1 hour, 50ish minutes.. why is part 1 coming out to be SO MUCH larger than the other 2 movies? Is it because the x264 codec thinks part 1 is much higher quality then the other 2 movies and wanted to apply more video bitrate to every frame? I'm confused by this.

Edit: Part 1 probably has less screen movement/panning/action scenes than the other 2 as well, making this more confusing.

Wishbringer
1st January 2011, 19:33
x264 doesn't think part 1 of Back to the Future is higher quality than part 2 + 3. It thinks for some reasons that it need that high bitrate to get same quality like the other parts.
Maybe part 1 has some random grain or noise that the other parts don't have (maybe they have instead static noise).
Do some degrain and denoise on all parts and reencode again.

stasi
1st January 2011, 20:46
Okay so I copied Back To The Future part 1, 2 and 3 to my HDD directly from my OWN Blu Rays with AnyDVD.

Loaded each movie into RipBot264 and using the same exact profiles and CRF 18 and resized to 720p using the same exact audio compression (in other words, nothing different between all 3 movies).

Part 1 came out to 7.2gb, part 2 came out to 3.7gb, and part 3 came out 4.2gb. All 3 movies are around 1 hour, 50ish minutes.. why is part 1 coming out to be SO MUCH larger than the other 2 movies? Is it because the x264 codec thinks part 1 is much higher quality then the other 2 movies and wanted to apply more video bitrate to every frame? I'm confused by this.

Edit: Part 1 probably has less screen movement/panning/action scenes than the other 2 as well, making this more confusing.

I also encoded Back to the Future 1-3 from german BD. I ripped to SD resolution and my files are 1.09GB, 0.92GB and 1.02GB.

dzirkelb
1st January 2011, 21:24
@dzirkelb
show me content of mkvinfo.txt (it will be located in x:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1)

+ EBML head
|+ Doc type: matroska
|+ Doc type version: 2
|+ Doc type read version: 2
+ Segment, size 10136883056
|+ Seek head (subentries will be skipped)
|+ Segment information
| + Timecode scale: 1000000
| + Muxing application: libmakemkv v1.6.0 (0.7.7/0.8.1) win(x64-release)
| + Writing application: MakeMKV v1.6.0 win(x64-release)
| + Duration: 3296.293s (00:54:56.293)
| + Segment UID: 0x25 0x5c 0x0d 0x66 0x02 0x23 0xa1 0x0d 0x38 0x51 0x0a 0xb1 0xdc 0xde 0x9a 0x31
| + Date: Thu Nov 04 01:21:14 2010 UTC
|+ Segment tracks
| + A track
| + Track number: 1
| + Track UID: 1
| + Track type: video
| + Enabled: 1
| + Default flag: 1
| + Forced flag: 0
| + Lacing flag: 0
| + MinCache: 0
| + Timecode scale: 1
| + Max BlockAddition ID: 0
| + Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
| + Codec decode all: 1
| + CodecPrivate, length 210
| + Default duration: 41.708ms (23.976 fps for a video track)
| + Video track
| + Pixel width: 1920
| + Pixel height: 1080
| + Interlaced: 0
| + Display height: 1080
| + Display width: 1920
| + Display unit: 0 (pixels)
| + A track
| + Track number: 2
| + Track UID: 2
| + Track type: audio
| + Lacing flag: 1
| + Codec ID: A_TRUEHD
| + Language: eng
| + Default duration: 0.833ms (1200.000 fps for a video track)
| + Name: 5.1
| + Audio track
| + Sampling frequency: 48000
| + Channels: 6
| + Bit depth: 24
| + A track
| + Track number: 3
| + Track UID: 3
| + Track type: subtitles
| + Codec ID: S_HDMV/PGS
| + EbmlVoid (size: 61)
|+ Chapters
| + EditionEntry
| + EditionFlagHidden: 0
| + EditionFlagDefault: 1
| + EditionUID: 2237994292
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 1
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:00:00.000000000
| + ChapterFlagHidden: 0
| + ChapterFlagEnabled: 1
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 00
| + ChapterLanguage: eng
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 2
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:09:13.970066666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 01
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 3
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:18:18.514066666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 02
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 4
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:27:36.738400000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 03
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 5
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:33:24.335666666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 04
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 6
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:44:03.307333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 05
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 7
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:53:04.639777777
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 06
|+ Cluster

thanks

Noisrevid
2nd January 2011, 06:36
x264 doesn't think part 1 of Back to the Future is higher quality than part 2 + 3. It thinks for some reasons that it need that high bitrate to get same quality like the other parts.
Maybe part 1 has some random grain or noise that the other parts don't have (maybe they have instead static noise).
Do some degrain and denoise on all parts and reencode again.

Are you saying use the Ripbot264 Denoise "Film" option and see what the results will be? Currently running a decode with the Denoise - Film option right now on part 1.. will report back.

Wishbringer
3rd January 2011, 08:27
Are you saying use the Ripbot264 Denoise "Film" option and see what the results will be?

For example.
Or after creating job, but before starting encode, change script and insert another denoise/degrain-command (avisynth-knowledge recommended)

Noisrevid
3rd January 2011, 18:05
For example.
Or after creating job, but before starting encode, change script and insert another denoise/degrain-command (avisynth-knowledge recommended)

Gotcha.. well I simply used to built-in Denoise-FILM option in Ripbot and the encode dropped down to 4gb falling exactly in line with the other 2 movies!! And the quality remained the same (judging by my eyes anyways) so i'm happy now.. Thanks for the help! But it also makes me wonder if I apply the same denoise to the other other 2 parts if they will drop a lot lower now too :/

Edit: Re-encoded the other 2 parts with FILM DeNoise filter used and they dropped down a lot too, keeping the same major size difference again :/ I just guess I have to live with it.

bdj911
4th January 2011, 05:59

After digging around some I found a solution to my problem. I used txmuxerGUI to separate the video and audio streams and downconverted the HD audio streams.

I plugged in the video only file and then the audio file to ripbot264 and it built the mp4 file just fine.

Lighto
6th January 2011, 16:49
In the event that the demuxed video(.mkv) have more than 1 subtitle, RipBot should populate "PERMANENT SUBTITLES" drop down list with the list of subtitles as well instead of only "Do not use subtitles" and "Build in picture".

Currently to hardsub a different demuxed subtitle, one would have to manually edit the script.:(

I would think that this is a reasonable addition to the to-do list.:p

pacaveli211
6th January 2011, 18:33
if you choose the build in picture option it takes you to a browse window where you choose which subtitle file to build in...
it doesn't just choose one...and you don't have to edit the script

Lighto
7th January 2011, 01:49
if you choose the build in picture option it takes you to a browse window where you choose which subtitle file to build in...
it doesn't just choose one...and you don't have to edit the script

Strange, probably a problem with my source.

Edit: Figured out what went wrong, there was a demuxed subtitle in the same folder of the source.
Removed it from the folder and RipBot is now working as it should.:)

Z0r0b
8th January 2011, 01:01
Just discovered this awesome app after having experimented with several other encoders. My previous favourite was HDConvertToX, which is very good but very manual. The one thing I do prefer with HDC is the denoise options. RipBots FILM denoise is way too intensive for my video camera source - the denoised video looks very plasticy. Is there any chance of adding additional denoise options or the ability to customise the amount of noise the FILM option removes?

Atak_Snajpera
8th January 2011, 19:47
reduce that value
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6259/91783939.png

pacaveli211
9th January 2011, 04:45
anyone have any trouble with encodes doing like a frame shift kinda thing
this only applies to bluray players as it doesn't ever seem to have the issue (in the same place) on pcs
and seems to only happen in the movies that have heavy compression (i.e. bd9's but not bd25's)
this is something like what happens: http://i51.tinypic.com/2qco7wi.png
(this is just something I made, not a true snapshot of the issue, since it doesn't happen on PC)
it'll do this and then video playback halts for a few seconds...then resumes a few seconds ahead after skipping some video
anyone ever run into this / have any idea of the cause and/or a solution??

immortal001
9th January 2011, 05:09
Wondering if ripbot can do 3D bluray to mkv. There is a paid for option but checked the thread and can't find any details about 3D rip to mkv. if it can;t is it a future option?

Lighto
9th January 2011, 18:21
@immortal001
I don't think RipBot can do 3D encoding as of now, even if it is able to, it will probably require the user to modify the .avs before it can work.

Check out this thread for more info regarding MVC.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=158457

But I doubt any of GUI developers will implement 3D until there is standard container and format for the content.

immortal001
10th January 2011, 08:13
@Lighto

Cheers. Just thought as the .mkv container now has the flags someone may have built a script to do side by side or top bottom encoding, but then again the stream rip doesn't touch the SSIF folder which would be needed for 3D.
Makes sense to wait for a standard format.
I have 3D bluray ripper from a commercial source which does side/side and top/bottom mkv and works with stereoscopic player and nvidia's player.
Does a decent job but prefer ripbot as is non commercial and has never caused ma any issues. (Something that can't be said for the commercial one:))

Read a bunch of posts and couldn't come up with an answer. your link explained it perfectly.

Here's waiting for the formats to standardise.

beti88
10th January 2011, 22:05
Hi there!

Recently I've been using RipBot264 to encode 1080p videos to smaller ones, and so far it was working perfectly.

So I decided, why not try it with a big video. So I choose Iron Man. But despite my best efforts, the app generates some strange video 'errors' or 'artifacts' whatever they're called. And I can't figure out why. It wasn't a problem with the clips, and they are not present in the 1080p source.

This is what i'm talking about. They just keep appearing randomly.

http://img203.imagevenue.com/loc200/th_19129_snapshot20110105102022_122_200lo.jpg (http://img203.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=19129_snapshot20110105102022_122_200lo.jpg)

Here's my script, if it helps (not including the empty parts):

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,534).Sharpen(0.3)

#Colors
video=Tweak(video,hue=0,sat=1,bright=-12,cont=1.4)

#Denoise
LoadPlugin("c:\Users\Barati\Downloads\RibBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\fft3dgpu\fft3dgpu.dll")
LoadPlugin("c:\Users\Barati\Downloads\RibBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\gradfun2db\gradfun2db.dll")
video=FFT3DGPU(video,sigma=1.5).gradfun2db

Noisrevid
11th January 2011, 05:54
Just built a monster i7-2600K (Sandybridge Unlocked).. Plan on running close to 5ghz.. Will report back on x264's encoding performance.. I expect to be blown away. This post is mostly off-topic.. but I wonder if x264 will support the Intel built in video encoding accerators which should blow everything out of the water soon. Imagine, encoding a BR to 1080p with crazy settings in Ripbot at faster than real time.. that's what i'm talking about.. Go Intel!

weasel_
11th January 2011, 06:06
:)
U living in dream.
Quick Sync is just one more shity hardware encoder...
very litle or none benifet to x264 speed :(
But still u can imagine ;)
or encode br1080p faster then real time with intel "quality" encoder

Lighto
11th January 2011, 06:44
Interested to see the performance of the new Sandy Bridge as well.
More interested in AMD Fusion APU though since it comes with DX11 gfx.

LigH
11th January 2011, 07:51
@ beti88:

Which player do you use to play it with? VLC?

Atak_Snajpera
11th January 2011, 10:19
@beti88
Do you see the same artifacts in ripbot264 (preview script)?

beti88
11th January 2011, 11:04
Yes, I see them in ripbot preview, then on the finished material too.

I use kmplayer, but I think it's irrevelant:)

Atak_Snajpera
11th January 2011, 11:28
Remove Denoise then and try again.

beti88
11th January 2011, 15:14
Removing denoise removed those things. Sad, I wanted smoother picture, but I think one has to make compromises:)

Also, giving it the tv->pc correction, generates this line:

video=Levels(video,16, 1, 235, 0, 255, coring=false)

Which value is the saturation? Because it gives a nice picture, with stong contrast, but also makes it oversaturated. How can I fix that?

Atak_Snajpera
11th January 2011, 16:04
DON'T USE THAT FOR BD-sources!!!

beti88
11th January 2011, 16:19
How can I archive the nice contrasted encode, with black blacks without it?

I could'nt do it with tweaking so far.

Noisrevid
11th January 2011, 23:32
Just an update on my Sandy Bridge i7-2600K cpu..

Using a BR source, cropped and resized to 720p and using the HIGH 4.0 default profile.. seeing 50-60 fps.. this CPU is nutty fast. :P

pacaveli211
12th January 2011, 00:27
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/16
I have a 1090t now (performs pretty much the same as the 1100t)

Noisrevid
12th January 2011, 02:27
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/16
I have a 1090t now (performs pretty much the same as the 1100t)

Is that the AMD 6-core? Sandy Bridge overclocked to near 5 ghz now and it's ridiculous..

Noisrevid
12th January 2011, 02:29
Issue with locked Windows 7 machines.. I've noticed Ripbot264 or maybe it's one of the .exe's in the background just completely stops encoding (as if I just slept the computer) and resumes after I unlock the machine. This is annoying. Is this happening to anybody else?

soneca
12th January 2011, 02:42
Using a BR source, cropped and resized to 720p and using the HIGH 4.0 default profile.. seeing 50-60 fps.. this CPU is nutty fast. :P

The i7 980X is still the fastest.:D

2nd pass > 48.8 vs. 36.3 fps

pacaveli211
12th January 2011, 05:42
Is that the AMD 6-core?
affirmative

The i7 980X is still the fastest.:D

2nd pass > 48.8 vs. 36.3 fps

well since you can buy ~3 of the 2600k's for the same price as the 980x (extreme edition)....it's not much of a contest at all when you consider the financial factor

soneca
12th January 2011, 11:42
I agree, I thought that this new processor would reach the market with a higher price.

Ramscoop
12th January 2011, 23:06
Another great release, thanks Atak_Snajpera!! :thanks:

soneca
13th January 2011, 00:44
:confused:

Ramscoop
13th January 2011, 08:08
:confused:

As in the 1.16.3 release (I hadn't checked the forums for several months) :rolleyes:

dzirkelb
14th January 2011, 17:37
@dzirkelb

Ok, I'm not sure if what I posted before was right or not, but I now know I am looking at the correct place.

Here is the information for a movie that shows no audio on ripbot:

File 'D:\mkv\Shows no audio on ripbot\The Fifth Element.mkv': container: Matroska [duration:7553546000000]
Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC) [language:eng display_dimensions:1920x1080 default_track:1 forced_track:0 packetizer:mpeg4_p10_video]
Track ID 2: audio (A_TRUEHD) [language:eng track_name:5.1 default_track:1 forced_track:0]
Track ID 3: subtitles (S_HDMV/PGS) [language:eng default_track:1 forced_track:0]
Chapters: 16 entries

Here it is with showing audio on another movie

File 'D:\mkv\Pirahna.mkv': container: Matroska [duration:5304309000000]
Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC) [language:eng display_dimensions:1920x1080 default_track:1 forced_track:0 packetizer:mpeg4_p10_video]
Track ID 2: audio (A_DTS) [language:eng track_name:Lossless default_track:1 forced_track:0]
Track ID 3: subtitles (S_HDMV/PGS) [language:eng default_track:1 forced_track:0]
Chapters: 16 entries

I tried this on another computer, and got different results in the temp txt file, here it is with no audio:

+ EBML head
+ Segment, size 15238097559
|+ Segment information
| + Muxing application: libmakemkv v1.6.3 (0.7.7/0.8.1) win(x64-release)
| + Writing application: MakeMKV v1.6.3 win(x64-release)
| + Duration: 7755.956s (02:09:15.956)
| + Segment UID: 0x75 0xd1 0x2a 0x2d 0xcb 0x60 0x9d 0xcf 0x6b 0x8e 0xc3 0x18 0x12 0x7f 0x93 0x69
| + Date: Wed Dec 22 03:36:35 2010 UTC
|+ Segment tracks
| + A track
| + Codec ID: V_MS/VFW/FOURCC
| + CodecPrivate, length 77 (FourCC: WVC1, 0x31435657)
| + Video track
| + A track
| + Codec ID: A_TRUEHD
| + Default duration: 0.833ms (1200.000 fps for a video track)
| + Name: 5.1
| + Audio track
| + A track
|+ Chapters
| + EditionEntry
| + EditionUID: 753353359
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:03:55.401822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:07:33.119333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:10:19.952666666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:14:44.383488888
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:17:58.744333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:23:33.245155555
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 8
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:30:06.304488888
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 07
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 9
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:35:35.633488888
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 08
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 10
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:39:34.205155555
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 09
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 11
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:42:58.909666666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 10
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 12
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:46:43.300488888
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 11
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 13
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:49:02.606333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 12
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 14
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:51:53.610488888
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 13
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 15
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:58:00.643822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 14
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 16
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:00:19.115488888
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 15
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 17
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:02:29.746000000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 16
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 18
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:08:00.910155555
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 17
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 19
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:10:29.225000000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 18
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 20
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:14:33.802666666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 19
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 21
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:18:23.365333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 20
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 22
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:23:08.984000000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 21
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 23
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:25:55.817333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 22
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 24
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:29:13.348000000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 23
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 25
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:31:51.672822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 24
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 26
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:36:51.472333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 25
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 27
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:41:55.275822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 26
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 28
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:44:53.120155555
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 27
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 29
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:48:06.646822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 28
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 30
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:51:30.850822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 29
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 31
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:55:05.899000000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 30
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 32
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:57:31.210822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 31
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 33
| + ChapterTimeStart: 02:00:12.371822222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 32
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 34
| + ChapterTimeStart: 02:09:13.746000000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 33
|+ Cluster

dzirkelb
14th January 2011, 17:38
And here is one with audio on the other computer:

[quote]
+ EBML head
+ Segment, size 28550548721
|+ Segment information
| + Muxing application: libmakemkv v1.6.3 (0.7.7/0.8.1) win(x64-release)
| + Writing application: MakeMKV v1.6.3 win(x64-release)
| + Duration: 7544.544s (02:05:44.544)
| + Segment UID: 0x93 0x9b 0x87 0xa0 0xc0 0xfb 0xfe 0x37 0x2a 0x0a 0x39 0x3c 0x7a 0x1a 0xa6 0x76
| + Date: Wed Jan 12 01:25:06 2011 UTC
|+ Segment tracks
| + A track
| + Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
| + CodecPrivate, length 123
| + Video track
| + A track
| + Codec ID: A_DTS
| + Default duration: 10.667ms (93.750 fps for a video track)
| + Name: Lossless
| + Audio track
| + A track
|+ Chapters
| + EditionEntry
| + EditionUID: 1790483969
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:04:26.015733333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:09:04.543977777
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:13:22.218044444
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:23:20.899444444
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:26:19.619644444
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:28:40.051600000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 8
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:33:27.130044444
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 07
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 9
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:37:06.307333333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 08
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 10
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:40:42.106244444
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 09
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 11
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:44:05.726311111
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 10
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 12
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:52:41.866933333
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 11
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 13
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:56:45.235066666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 12
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 14
| + ChapterTimeStart: 00:59:49.001977777
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 13
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 15
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:05:00.563222222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 14
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 16
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:07:14.488666666
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 15
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 17
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:13:18.435555555
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 16
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 18
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:19:43.987377777
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 17
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 19
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:22:11.760000000
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 18
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 20
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:30:31.175577777
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 19
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 21
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:32:16.989622222
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 20
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 22
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:34:19.737244444
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 21
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 23
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:38:26.525444444
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 22
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 24
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:42:47.119111111
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 23
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 25
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:45:26.194688888
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 24
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 26
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:47:00.163555555
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 25
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 27
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:53:07.238577777
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 26
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 28
| + ChapterTimeStart: 01:59:06.889511111
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 27
| + ChapterAtom
| + ChapterUID: 29
| + ChapterTimeStart: 02:05:43.535755555
| + ChapterDisplay
| + ChapterString: Chapter 28
|+ Cluster

[/qoute]

Any ideas?

benjyv
15th January 2011, 01:41
@dzirkelb

Pls ,post it again to make an ideea... :hmmm:

tp546
15th January 2011, 03:26
Hey Atak_Snajpera and everyone else. I have a feature request - would it be possible to add the ability to have a DTS passthru as well as a TrueHD passthru? In order to maintain the lossless HD sound, I have been using MakeMKV and then using mkvmerge to merge the video from RipBot with the audio from MakeMKV. My process would be a lot easier if I could eliminate those steps and use RipBot to do it all. The only way I see a passthru option is for AC3 audio. Apologies if this topic has already come up but I would really like to see this functionality added in the future. Thanks!

dzirkelb
15th January 2011, 05:39
@dzirkelb

Pls ,post it again to make an ideea... :hmmm:

I don't understand what you are asking?

bobytt
15th January 2011, 20:42
First i want to thank Atak_Snajpera for the great product he create and i donated a little money for something i use every month. And i wanted to ask is there plans of using CUDA in encoding in the future?

Lighto
16th January 2011, 05:50
This change will save a lot of time as the user won't spend their time encoding using RipBot only to realize their source uses variable frame rate, the output is off sync and need to encode again.:(

Or in the scenario that the user is doing a batch encoding and needs to manually add "convertfps=true" for all the variable frame rate job.

This simple change can help save the user from the trouble or figuring why is the output off sync!:cool:

I would also like to suggest that RipBot uses AVISource() to handle .avi input instead of the current DirectShowSource() due to frame accuracy issues I read and some time encounter.

I hope this isn't too much to ask for. :p

Cheerio~

Edit: 1 more thing, in case anyone encounter trouble extracting audio stream from their source, try updating the ffmpeg in RipBot's Tools folder.

stylez82
16th January 2011, 21:41
Thank you for the excellent program. For a video encoding noob like myself, it's far easier to use than everything else that I've found.

There is one small nuisance I've noticed when dealing with multiple files. In the process of configuring Job-X, I click the ellipsis to change the audio track, the directory C:\Temp\RipBot264\Job-X is displayed. When configuring the next Job-Y, I again click the ellipsis to change the audio track, but still, C:\Temp\RipBot264\Job-X is opened rather than Job-Y's directory.

Just felt I should point this out, as it may save others from a slight headache.

I accidentally encoded several files with the same audio track 'cause I wasn't paying attention to the directory it was opening. :mad:

pacaveli211
16th January 2011, 21:46
Hey Atak_Snajpera and everyone else. I have a feature request - would it be possible to add the ability to have a DTS passthru as well as a TrueHD passthru? In order to maintain the lossless HD sound, I have been using MakeMKV and then using mkvmerge to merge the video from RipBot with the audio from MakeMKV. My process would be a lot easier if I could eliminate those steps and use RipBot to do it all. The only way I see a passthru option is for AC3 audio. Apologies if this topic has already come up but I would really like to see this functionality added in the future. Thanks!
we've asked a few times already =P

Thank you for the excellent program. For a video encoding noob like myself, it's far easier to use than everything else that I've found.

There is one small nuisance I've noticed when dealing with multiple files. In the process of configuring Job-X, I click the ellipsis to change the audio track, the directory C:\Temp\RipBot264\Job-X is displayed. When configuring the next Job-Y, I again click the ellipsis to change the audio track, but still, C:\Temp\RipBot264\Job-X is opened rather than Job-Y's directory.

Just felt I should point this out, as it may save others from a slight headache.

I accidentally encoded several files with the same audio track 'cause I wasn't paying attention to the directory it was opening. :mad:

yeah, same thing happens with subtitle tracks. a bit of a nuisance

Atak_Snajpera
17th January 2011, 11:23
Feature request: add "convertfps=true" when RipBot264 uses DirectShowSource

My answer in logs...

v1.11.0
Added: convertfps=true in DirectShowSource()

v1.11.4
Fixed: Weird stuttering (it was caused by convertfps=true)

I would also like to suggest that RipBot uses AVISource() to handle .avi input instead of the current DirectShowSource() due to frame accuracy issues I read and some time encounter.

v1.14.4
Changed: Avi files will be decoded via DirectShowSource instead of OpenDMLSource (Reason: OpenDMLSource does not work well with Windows 7 RTM - ripbot tends to hang at 'gathering information')

Also avis created by Fraps won't work.

I will try to fix that.

Lighto
17th January 2011, 12:01
@Atak
Didn't thought of checking out the change logs, my bad.
Anyways, avis created by Fraps works fine for me on RipBot.

benjyv
17th January 2011, 16:52
Hi Atak ,

Is there any chance for Ripbot to encode a hardsub subtitles from a .ts file ??
I've tried to extract such kind of subtitles using TSMuxer ( and I know very well to handle it...) but it didn't worked .
Using VLC I can see subtitles but only by checking the option "Closed captions 1 "
In this pics " Disable" is setted by default.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/8686/11111g.jpg

What settings are required Ripbot to " see" this kind of subtitles and to encode them ( hardsub - like original , or embeded - preferable)

Thanks !!!!
===============================================================
Question regarding sound :

Everytime I try to encode a LPCM 5.1 or LPCM 5.0 sound track the result is AAC 2.0 which is not so satisfactory for connoisseurs.

There is any possibility for Ripbot to make that LPCM 5.0 or 5.1 sound tracks at least AC3 5.0 or AC3 5.1 ??

Preferably would be DTS 5.0 or DTS 5.1 ;-) but I know that for the moment is not possible :(

Mario0708
23rd January 2011, 13:55
I have a problem with ripbot
When I opened a file I get this error

cannot open file

.......blu-ray_structure_info.txt

Is there a solution?

Zorro70
23rd January 2011, 15:11
Hi atak

ive just built a sandy bridge based pc and wanted to check how fast it goes.

I encode avchd for a Hd site so do a dozen or so a week.

However on first pass, although 3 times as quick it only utilises 30% of the cpu.

Second pass utilises 100% and gives an even more dramatic speed boost.

just to add

intel quad q6600 @3.4ghz
first pass with my settings for avchd 5 hours
second pass 12-15 hours

sandy bridge i7 2600k @4.4ghz

first pass under 2 hours
second pass 2-3hours :eek: :D

if only i could get cpu 100% in the first pass i could do a proper high quality avchd in under 4 hours.

Anyway thanks for your awesome program iCandy loves you :)

Atak_Snajpera
23rd January 2011, 16:24
FastFirstPassin2passMode=0

caloak
23rd January 2011, 18:50
Hello Cornflower .. I was reading the posts for this same error. I did not see that anyone answered your question, so I am including myself with your problem. I just opened up Ripbot and was excited about using it, but every video I open gives me the same error message. Any help on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

prettyboy85712
24th January 2011, 00:05
Hello Cornflower .. I was reading the posts for this same error. I did not see that anyone answered your question, so I am including myself with your problem. I just opened up Ripbot and was excited about using it, but every video I open gives me the same error message. Any help on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

How about being more specific as to the post you're referring to?

juramirez
24th January 2011, 18:54
Has anybody used RipBot on a Mac using Parallels? I just tried it last night, and found the performance to be significantly worse than I expected. I was encoding Mary and Max (2009), which took around 6.5hrs on my Core 2 Duo Windows 7 laptop, and it took around 3.5 hours on my Core i7 Mac Book Pro. I had all 4 CPU cores assigned to the VM, and had somewhere around 6GB of RAM availble to the VM. Does that sound about right, or am I getting slowed down by the fact that I'm running RipBot in a VM? Would it be significantly faster on BootCamp?

Medality
24th January 2011, 19:56
Your MacBook has a Core i7 6xxM, which is a dual core CPU.
As such, it won't be as fast as a quad core i7.
Your OS sees 4 CPUs because of Hyper-Threading (2 threads * 2 cores = 4 threads).

If you're using a 32-bit edition of Windows, try installing a 64-bit edition. The encoding will be a little faster because the 64-bit version of x264 encoder will be used.

Installing Windows with BootCamp will give you better results, but how much time will you save ? 1 hour ? 5 minutes ? I don't know.

If you've got the time, try to see it by yourself ;)

P.-S : I don't know your encoding settings, but 3.5 hours seems a pretty good score for me. FYI it takes 7-8 hours for a 1080p movie with CQ18 on a Core i7 820QM.

juramirez
24th January 2011, 22:28
Your MacBook has a Core i7 6xxM, which is a dual core CPU.
As such, it won't be as fast as a quad core i7.
Your OS sees 4 CPUs because of Hyper-Threading (2 threads * 2 cores = 4 threads).

If you're using a 32-bit edition of Windows, try installing a 64-bit edition. The encoding will be a little faster because the 64-bit version of x264 encoder will be used.

Installing Windows with BootCamp will give you better results, but how much time will you save ? 1 hour ? 5 minutes ? I don't know.

If you've got the time, try to see it by yourself ;)

P.-S : I don't know your encoding settings, but 3.5 hours seems a pretty good score for me. FYI it takes 7-8 hours for a 1080p movie with CQ18 on a Core i7 820QM.

Thanks for the response!

It's a 64-bit version of Windows, btw.

Also, the movie takes somewhat less time to encode because it's animated. Regular 1080p movies take around 10-16 hours on my Windows box (the Core 2 Duo one, that is). Haven't done much encoding with the Parallels setup yet, since it's a pain (no BD drive yet, one's on the way).

Mario0708
25th January 2011, 00:04
I have a problem with ripbot
When I opened a file I get this error

cannot open file:

.......blu-ray_structure_info.txt

Is there a solution?

can someone upload a package in which all of the latest tools and include ripbot are?

must pay attention to something if the tools installed?

valkyrie743
25th January 2011, 00:34
Hey all, Having an issue that i hope someone can help me with :)

I've been using a older version of RipBot264 (dont recall what the release number is but its probably a few releases back). well after downloading the latest version, i've noticed an issue with audio.

I recently was archiving a few blu rays i own and noticed that after muxing, when i choose audio i want to be use for final encoding, i have no option to copy stream anymore ? :( I usually pick DTS 5.1 master or TRUE HD and used to be able to use that audio for the final encode (i encode to MKV) now i dont have this option anymore :(

only 5.1 options i can choose from are aac or AC3. i usually go with AC3 and the highest bit-rate option (640kbps)

how can copy stream like i used to be able to?

thanks

Atak_Snajpera
25th January 2011, 12:57
@Mario0708
edit ripbot264.ini

change

StoreTempFilesin=AUTO

to

StoreTempFilesin=C

dzirkelb
25th January 2011, 14:46
Does anyone have any ideas on my no audio issue previously posted? Or, any way I can provide more information?

illestdomer2005
25th January 2011, 20:57
Just an update on my Sandy Bridge i7-2600K cpu..

Is this in CQ or 2-pass mode? If 2-pass, is this 2nd pass then, I presume?

I already have an i7 920 OC'ed to 4GHz that does around 30 something FPS on 2nd pass of 720p encodes. But I am building a comp for my brother with the new i5 2500K, and I hope he can get even faster encodes than I do :)

soneca
26th January 2011, 15:02
v1.16.4:)

Thanks Atak!

Lighto
26th January 2011, 15:21
Thanks for the new version!
I am sure lots of folks will be happy with the HD audio option.

dbone1026
26th January 2011, 15:30
Thanks for the new version!
I am sure lots of folks will be happy with the HD audio option.

What exactly is the HD Audio option? I see it references core in the changelog. I am testing the newest version and I see the option to choose the core (so this is not the same as grabbing the full HD Audio track).

Lighto
26th January 2011, 15:52
What exactly is the HD Audio option? I see it references core in the changelog. I am testing the newest version and I see the option to choose the core (so this is not the same as grabbing the full HD Audio track).

I am not exactly sure as well, I may have referred to it using an incorrect term.:o

dbone1026
26th January 2011, 15:57
I am not exactly sure as well, I may have referred to it using an incorrect term.:o

Yeah, I just ran Ripbot on a BluRay and you cannot grab the full HD Audio track, just the core.

pacaveli211
26th January 2011, 17:20
allowing core extraction is good to have though
maybe someday atak will succumb to our pleas and allow full hd track muxing =)

dzirkelb
26th January 2011, 18:34
I just downloaded the new version to see if it fixed my issue, but I still am getting No Audio as a selection under the Audio settings. Audio plays just fine from the source file, so I do not know what to do.

pacaveli211
26th January 2011, 19:11
what's your source? bluray?
what type of audio does it have? (LPCM / TrueHD / DTS-HDMA / DD / DTS)

dzirkelb
26th January 2011, 19:17
what's your source? bluray?
what type of audio does it have? (LPCM / TrueHD / DTS-HDMA / DD / DTS)

The source is .mkv file, which was created using MakeMKV. Here is the mediainfo produced from the file:

General
Complete name : D:\mkv\Shows no audio on ripbot\I Am Legend.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 12.9 GiB
Duration : 1h 43mn
Overall bit rate : 17.8 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-01-15 03:45:01
Writing application : MakeMKV v1.6.3 win(x64-release)
Writing library : libmakemkv v1.6.3 (0.7.7/0.8.1) win(x64-release)

Video
ID : 1
Format profile : AP@L3
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Language : English

Audio
ID : 2
Format : TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 3 366 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Title : 5.1

Text
ID : 3
Format : PGS
Codec ID : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:Chapter 00
00:02:13.133 : en:Chapter 01
00:07:58.478 : en:Chapter 02
00:12:09.729 : en:Chapter 03
00:15:17.750 : en:Chapter 04
00:18:22.267 : en:Chapter 05
00:23:24.569 : en:Chapter 06
00:26:44.269 : en:Chapter 07
00:31:51.409 : en:Chapter 08
00:34:17.722 : en:Chapter 09
00:38:06.450 : en:Chapter 10
00:39:36.707 : en:Chapter 11
00:44:24.662 : en:Chapter 12
00:49:12.449 : en:Chapter 13
00:54:16.086 : en:Chapter 14
00:57:15.432 : en:Chapter 15
01:00:02.098 : en:Chapter 16
01:03:02.111 : en:Chapter 17
01:04:51.220 : en:Chapter 18
01:09:39.175 : en:Chapter 19
01:11:42.464 : en:Chapter 20
01:15:33.862 : en:Chapter 21
01:19:07.743 : en:Chapter 22
01:21:43.899 : en:Chapter 23
01:26:44.532 : en:Chapter 24
01:28:56.998 : en:Chapter 25
01:34:28.162 : en:Chapter 26

Atak_Snajpera
26th January 2011, 19:29
Added: demuxing TrueHD from .mkv container (demuxed .thd MUST be manually selected after demuxing!!!)