PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

8ternity
25th March 2010, 00:16
Atak,

Just to let u know i found the part of the trouble of "Please Wait Gathering Informations" freezing when importation are 100%.

I have purchass an Windows 7 professional edition 64bit, and i was having that trouble. I have seen that if i install theses softwares in that order, the gathering information has been resolved.

I need to install in that order:

1. Avisynth 2.5.8
2. Haali Matroska Splitter
3. FFdshow CLSID
4. Install ripbot
5. Configure ffdshow video setting: VC1 to WMV9.

If i dont follow that order, i have issue of gathering informations and also for VC1 are not empty and already set to WMV9 have a value instead of disable.

I also purchass my windows 7 64bit professional and also an CPU cooling kit *Corsair H50 Liquid coolling for my Phenom II X4 940 processors, wich with ripbot i see big difference in tempeture conversions. The cost is very affordable and pretty an good value instead of an zalman fan. I will give you feedback later for tempeture difference. i have compare before and after the upgrade.

:-))

EDIT:
Before Corsair H50 Liquid Cooling CPU; ripbot264 x264_64.exe ; tempeture between 62 to 65 degres celcious;
After Corsair H50 Liquid Colling CPU; ripbot264 x264_64.exe ; tempeture are 44 to 48 degres celcious;
1 pass: 21 to 22.xxx FPS on a 1080P movie;

Here an capture screen:
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/8ternity/th_corsair_addon.jpg (http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/8ternity/?action=view&current=corsair_addon.jpg)

Balthazar2k4
25th March 2010, 00:59
I agree with you!
But I never liked overclocking, I prefer the machine to work within the standard. In other words, a cool head.:D
It is summer here, with the ambient temperature of 27 degrees the processor (Akasa AK-967) reaches 63 degrees, using the x264 which is already good enough.

I have not always been a big overclocker, but the i7-920 is so easy to OC. Going from 2.6ghz to 4.0ghz for free gains you 30% less time on encodes. That makes it worth it to me.

Balthazar2k4
25th March 2010, 01:00
Hi ,

I have a question for connnaiseurs...

I tried to encode a .ts file those size is about 8,4 GB ,from 1980 to 720.
I made all required settings and it shows me 4,372,895 frames to be processed.
The time ??? Well , at least 34 hours..:D

Is this situation a normal one ???
What should I do to accelerate the whole process of encoding ??

Thanks for future answers !!!
Looking forward for them.....

Hmmm, since my crystal ball is broken, mind telling me what settings you are using and what processor you are running?

benjyv
25th March 2010, 03:48
@Balthazar2k4

Watching over your stupid answers I understood you're an idiot...Nobody ask you NOTHING but you continue to answer everyone..
This is not a site for jokes , people have real problems and much of them are angry that softs or settings are not proper working...
Pls , go another place and use your intelligence and "high" IQ to advise Mr Bean or Benny Hill...

On the other hand..
@Atak_Snajpera
If you consider that my questions do not deserve an answer , be polite and tell me !!
I don't think that site is made to be given selective answers...some to be ignored and others...
After all this is dedicated to your invention - ripbot- and you must be the first who help people , doesn't matter the colour of their eyes..
Thanks for your silence ,this explain much ,and do not bother to answer me from now on....
I'll give up both to your soft and this site...It's waste of time

pacaveli211
25th March 2010, 04:02
Hi ,

I have a question for connnaiseurs...

I tried to encode a .ts file those size is about 8,4 GB ,from 1980 to 720.
I made all required settings and it shows me 4,372,895 frames to be processed.
The time ??? Well , at least 34 hours..:D

Is this situation a normal one ???
What should I do to accelerate the whole process of encoding ??

Thanks for future answers !!!
Looking forward for them.....
1980 huh, I've never seen anything in 1980 resolution =P
make sure:
-x64 option is enabled in ripbot.ini
-you have a recent FFDshow icl10
-you have the latest ripbot
-low priority is not on
on a side note..that seems like A LOT of frames. an average movie is 150k - 200k
is it like 50hrs long or something? lol

I have a unique (to me anyway) situation. When, and only when I rip a DVD-5 (Video_TS), MPEG II DVD and then encode with Ripbot. I get lines across the screen (almost like tearing or interlace lines. Even though the DVD is not interlaced. If I select deinterlace with TF 29.97 the lines go away, but the picture is "not as sharp"

To attempt to figure out the culprit, I use HandBrake (since all codecs are self-contained). Handbrake does not show this issue.

So, I believe it may be a codec issue...but how to I find out. RipBot has all its own codecs in the tools folders.

I am using Windows 7 with a i7 720 processor.

Any help would be appreciated.
as far as I know ALL dvds have pulldown. you can use tsmuxer to remove that. as atak said, IVTC should work also

Hello Atak love the program! I came accross a VC1 Video file from my Blu-ray back up that I would like to convert to MKV or MP4. Is Ripbot compatible with this file? if yes, how can I convert it? THanks

Edit: I demux it to MKV and tried to load it and got this error message: "DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start.
(D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job3\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Nice, thanks for the response. I'm using Win 7 64bit and think Direct x is up to date. What directory should I install MatroskaSplitter? Sorry for the newb question
doesn't matter, just as long as it's installed.

Balthazar2k4
25th March 2010, 04:45
@Balthazar2k4

Watching over your stupid answers I understood you're an idiot...Nobody ask you NOTHING but you continue to answer everyone..
This is not a site for jokes , people have real problems and much of them are angry that softs or settings are not proper working...
Pls , go another place and use your intelligence and "high" IQ to advise Mr Bean or Benny Hill...

Wow! You seem wrapped up a little tight. I was only making the point that you asked if 34 hours was a reasonable encode time, but did not provide any specifics other 1080p to 720p conversion. There are many factors that can determine encode time other than resolution. I am only trying to help and calling me an "idiot" for doing so is just wrong. Best of luck....

Mr. Monte
25th March 2010, 16:46
@Mr. Monte
use inverse telecine
[/B]!

Thank you sir, will try that :thanks:

dzirkelb
25th March 2010, 21:22
I started reading this thread, then stopped at about page 10...simply too much content.

I currently use MakeMKV to rip blu ray's to my HD with AnyDVD HD running in the background. MakeMKV is no longer free, and I don't want to purchase it along with my AnyDVD HD subscription, so I was wondering if Ripbot can rip the blu ray disk to a mkv file? I tried selecting my Blu Ray movie as the source; however, I keep having to drill down to find a specific file, and no idea what ot do then. I want to keep my 5.1 / 7.1 settings if possible, and TrueHD audio if able, but not as important. Mainly want to keep 5.1 audio. If it's been posted somewhere, please send me that way.

dbone1026
25th March 2010, 21:26
I started reading this thread, then stopped at about page 10...simply too much content.

I currently use MakeMKV to rip blu ray's to my HD with AnyDVD HD running in the background. MakeMKV is no longer free, and I don't want to purchase it along with my AnyDVD HD subscription, so I was wondering if Ripbot can rip the blu ray disk to a mkv file? I tried selecting my Blu Ray movie as the source; however, I keep having to drill down to find a specific file, and no idea what ot do then. I want to keep my 5.1 / 7.1 settings if possible, and TrueHD audio if able, but not as important. Mainly want to keep 5.1 audio. If it's been posted somewhere, please send me that way.

MakeMKV does not encode, Ripbot does. If you don't want to encode and want to keep the original HD Audio track use Another eac3to GUI or use Clown_BD + MKVMerge. If you want to encode, Ripbot will do the job

Atak_Snajpera
25th March 2010, 21:47
I need to install in that order:

1. Avisynth 2.5.8
2. Haali Matroska Splitter
3. FFdshow CLSID
4. Install ripbot
5. Configure ffdshow video setting: VC1 to WMV9.

I uninstalled everything on Win 7 x64 and did reboot.
Then I installed required components in this order:
1) FFdshow CLSID
2) Haali Matroska Splitter
3) Avisynth 2.5.8

And VC-1 decoding works as well! Frankly I doubt than order matters.

Achilleus
25th March 2010, 22:34
Any plan to allow for multiple audio tracks? I often want second language and often want two forms of primary language (one for digital and one down mixed to stereo).

dzirkelb
26th March 2010, 02:24
MakeMKV does not encode, Ripbot does. If you don't want to encode and want to keep the original HD Audio track use Another eac3to GUI or use Clown_BD + MKVMerge. If you want to encode, Ripbot will do the job

Sorry, I'm behind on the terminology and do not know what encoding does / is.

I currently make a mkv with makemkv with 5.1 audio, all works well and has 5.1. I compress it with rip bot next, it keeps the 5.1, all works well. I am just looking to cut out makemkv as it now costs money. I am cpu literate, but sort of lost on the whole blu ray conversion / compression deal.

Balthazar2k4
26th March 2010, 02:45
Sorry, I'm behind on the terminology and do not know what encoding does / is.

I currently make a mkv with makemkv with 5.1 audio, all works well and has 5.1. I compress it with rip bot next, it keeps the 5.1, all works well. I am just looking to cut out makemkv as it now costs money. I am cpu literate, but sort of lost on the whole blu ray conversion / compression deal.

I thought MakeMKV was still in beta and therefore free? Anyways, encoding is the process of re-compressing the movie. It is extremely CPU intensive and can attribute to a loss of visual quality (subjective). Depending on your CPU you could easily spend 6-12 hours encoding a movie.

If you want to do what MakeMKV does you will need to grab a copy of AnyDVD HD (to circumvent the DRM) and as dbone1026 suggested a copy of "Another eac3to GUI". I will tell you that AnyDVD HD is a bit pricey and MakeMKV may be cheaper (unless of course you already own AnyDVD).

dzirkelb
26th March 2010, 02:53
I own anydvd hd currently, so that's np.

MakeMKV says I only have 2 days left on my trial or around there, so getting ahead of the game here.

What other programs will do what makemkv does? I'd like to keep it a mkv format as I have everything finally working the way I like in media center.

And yes, ripbot takes around 4-6 hours to do it's thing on a quad core 3.4ghz amd phenon cpu with 8gig of ram, but I'm ok with that :)

soneca
26th March 2010, 03:13
Balthazar,

I have read several reviews about the i7-980X and even has an amazing performance, above average with the x264. Be the next, without overclocking, of course!:D

But let's hope the price down a bit ...:eek:

Balthazar2k4
26th March 2010, 03:16
I own anydvd hd currently, so that's np.

MakeMKV says I only have 2 days left on my trial or around there, so getting ahead of the game here.

What other programs will do what makemkv does? I'd like to keep it a mkv format as I have everything finally working the way I like in media center.

And yes, ripbot takes around 4-6 hours to do it's thing on a quad core 3.4ghz amd phenon cpu with 8gig of ram, but I'm ok with that :)

If you read on the MakeMKV forurm you will see that the software is designed to timeout. All you need to do is download the latest version and install it over your existing and the clock will be reset. For whatever reason, this is how the designers have decided to control the free beta.

As for software like MakeMKV, see the suggestions that dbone1026 has above.

Balthazar2k4
26th March 2010, 03:18
Balthazar,

I have read several reviews about the i7-980X and even has an amazing performance, above average with the x264. Be the next, without overclocking, of course!:D

But let's hope the price down a bit ...:eek:

Yeah, I am very tempted to buy it, but $1000 for faster encodes is tough to swallow. I may wait to see if Intel releases something in the $500 range first.

dbone1026
26th March 2010, 10:57
If you read on the MakeMKV forurm you will see that the software is designed to timeout. All you need to do is download the latest version and install it over your existing and the clock will be reset. For whatever reason, this is how the designers have decided to control the free beta.

As for software like MakeMKV, see the suggestions that dbone1026 has above.

They were going to start charging a $50 lifetime fee, not sure if it has kicked in yet.

Also, DVDFab has a new product called DVDFab PassKey which is supposed to be the equivalent of AnyDVD (runs in background and does on the fly decryption). It is also free, so you could use that along with RipBot264. I have never tested DVDFab Pqasskey though so cannot comment on how reliable it is.

laoping
26th March 2010, 16:02
One option that I would really love is the ability to select rip DTS core in RipBot. I know it will use the DTS core if the decoder fails, so I know it can do it. I also know Ripbot uses TsMuxer which can extract DTS to a Wav File. Anyway, just thought it would be nice be able to select that. I don't have a receiver that does DTS-HD.

Thanks

Boss_man
26th March 2010, 18:53
1) FFdshow CLSID
3) Avisynth 2.5.8

I did as directed and everything worked... Thanks Atak!

benjyv
26th March 2010, 20:46
1. If I increase fps the result will be in what ???
( before starting encoding process I have the possibility to set fps to 2000 . or to 6000 , a.s.o.)
- how will materialize the result of this setting?

2. using Ripbot264 , can I attach subtitles ??
Searching the possibility of attaching subtitles I found just the option of build it in image (hardsub) and no inbuilt , that is the possibility to show or to hide these subtitles over the image.

3. To increase the image quality of an encoded movie ,what parameters should I modify , I mean before starting encoding process , what settings are necessary ???

Atak_Snajpera
26th March 2010, 21:47
Thanks for your silence ,this explain much ,and do not bother to answer me from now on....
I'll give up both to your soft and this site...It's waste of time

soneca
27th March 2010, 04:39
Dude,

Sorry for my English, which is a shit ...

You want everything at hand, have to search a little to have a better sense of how things work.

I know the author of the program(note10) is a little impatient, and occasionally takes a few kicks in the people here...:mad: but you're being more aggressive yet! Relax!

I do not speak English is not my language, then it becomes much harder for me than for you to communicate here!:devil:

If I increase fps the result will be in what ???
You can not increase any fps(do not confuse frames per second with bitrate) because it depends on your configuration and especially the power of your processor.

using Ripbot264 , can I attach subtitles ??
Look more closely to find!

To increase the image quality of an encoded movie ,what parameters should I modify , I mean before starting encoding process , what settings are necessary ???

To be very simple, almost anything with the good script of RipBot!:)

Normally I do not use the CQ mode, I prefer to control the bitrate and size depending on the source.

I can tell you that anything above(also below) 4000kbps for videos in 720 is great and up to 6000Kbps videos to 1080 is great too.

The efficiency of the x264 is amazing!:)

I'm sorry if I spoke a lot of junk or not express myself very well.

pacaveli211
27th March 2010, 06:52
1. If I increase fps the result will be in what ???
( before starting encoding process I have the possibility to set fps to 2000 . or to 6000 , a.s.o.)
- how will materialize the result of this setting?
as soneca said you appear to mean the kpbs not fps. if you change the fps all you'll do is make the video play faster or slower ergo fuckin up your audio sync =)

2. using Ripbot264 , can I attach subtitles ??
Searching the possibility of attaching subtitles I found just the option of build it in image (hardsub) and no inbuilt , that is the possibility to show or to hide these subtitles over the image.
from the main encoding settings screen you can click the "Selectable Subtitles [...]" on the bottom right, above your output path / filename. this will mux in subtitles and allow them to be turned on / off. in picture properties (properties button to the right of the bitrate or cq value) you can set permanent subtitles which will actually make the subtitles part of the video. I use this often for forced subs, as I don't see much of a reason to want to turn them off.

3. To increase the image quality of an encoded movie ,what parameters should I modify , I mean before starting encoding process , what settings are necessary ???
as a generalization, higher bitrate or lower CQ # = better quality. for the average 1080p movie I'd suggest staying somewhere close to 10000kbps

Peakr
28th March 2010, 00:12
New Matroska splitter is out.

27/3/2010 (http://haali.su/mkv/)

Mr. Monte
28th March 2010, 00:15
Anyone did initial testing to see if the issues identified here are corrected?

Thanks

bigggt
28th March 2010, 13:39
Hi i have been using Ripbot for a long time now and love it but recently have been have a few problems.

I just got an Popcorn Hour A-200 and wanted to start converting my blu-rays to 1080p and not 720p.

the last 2 i have done have had 1 part in the movie where it stutters (both on PC and Popcorn hour) so i did the movie again in 720p and the stuttering problem is gone.

I am still using Ripbot 1.15.0 and don't change any of the settings

here is the media info for the 1080p

General
Complete name : C:\Temp\The Blind Side[bluray].mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 9.27 GiB
Duration : 2h 8mn
Overall bit rate : 10.3 Mbps
Movie name : temperary
Encoded date : UTC 2010-03-25 17:10:13
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.9.8 ('C'est le bon') built on Aug 13 2009 12:49:06
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.0
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 8 367 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.168
Writing library : x264 core 80 r1376kGIT 3feaec2
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / wpredp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution

Any ideas

thanks

edit- i should add that when i did this movie right from the blu-ray and converted it ti ac3(with ripbot) ,the movie ended up being 12 hours long and the audio was all screwed up so i had to add the audio manually and used mkvmerge 3.3.

8ternity
28th March 2010, 14:31
1) FFdshow CLSID
3) Avisynth 2.5.8

I dont know if it's my windows language version "french" cause some issues. But with that order, it works. If not, im stuck to gathering informations.

Achilleus
28th March 2010, 14:49
If I could rephrase my question:
What is the best/easiest way for a relative n00b to get multiple audio tracks?
I would like, when French audio is available on the original BD, to have that as well as English as my kids are studying French.

I am getting everything I want from ripbot264 except the ability to include two or three audio tracks.

As a secondary interest I would like to include both best possible quality 5.1 and a downmixed stereo of the English track as well (for playback from my server on one of my TVs without digital capable receiver).

I realize some experts here see some of the n00b questions as repetitive. I am sorry of that is the case. I have tried to search but would like some ideas as to the simplest method. It seems many of the GUI based programs that do not encode video allow this but I am recoding BD with ripbot264 to bring 20 and 30 gb files down to 5 to 10 GB in size for my server.

Thank you in advance.

harycover
28th March 2010, 14:53
Bug in version 1.15.1 : it's telling me ffdshow is not installed, while I have the latest version of ffdshow 32 bit installed and working, rebooted a few times, did uninstall and reinstall, still the same bug, I'm using seven 64 bit OS, switching back to 1.15.0

dbone1026
28th March 2010, 14:56
I would like, when French audio is available on the original BD, to have that as well as English as my kids are studying French.

I am getting everything I want from ripbot264 except the ability to include two or three audio tracks.

As a secondary interest I would like to include both best possible quality 5.1 and a downmixed stereo of the English track as well (for playback from my server on one of my TVs without digital capable receiver).

I realize some experts here see some of the n00b questions as repetitive. I am sorry of that is the case. I have tried to search but would like some ideas as to the simplest method. It seems many of the GUI based programs that do not encode video allow this but I am recoding BD with ripbot264 to bring 20 and 30 gb files down to 5 to 10 GB in size for my server.

Thank you in advance.

If you want to encode take a look at Handbrake, which will allow for multiple audio tracks.

If you don't want to encode there are a variety of available software out there. My preferred method is to use Clown_BD (grab main movie, hd audio track, and AC3 (stereo) audio track) and the remux into mkv with MKVMerge.

You can actually use Ripbot to encode the video portion, use a program like Clown_BD or others to grab the audio you want, and then remux together with MKVMerge

Really just depends what you are looking for. Any other questions not specific to Ripbot though I would probably ask on another thread or PM so not to clog up this one.

Cartman
28th March 2010, 19:45
Since 1.15.1 sometimes I have Ripbot skipping my AAC-HE audio encoding, e.g. "Whiteout" (BD). There is an AC3 file in my job dir but Ripbot just starts with Pass 1 immediately. But the "job1_EncodeAudio" batch command (i.e. "enc_aacPlus") prints "Input file must be WAV PCM!".

For the moment I am transcoding the AC3 to AAC manually and adding it later via mkvmerge.

What's wrong here?

soneca
28th March 2010, 20:19
Is there any way to disable the verification of RipBot the installed version of ffdshow?
With this new versions of ffdshow Subtitle Workshop does not work properly.:o

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2010, 21:36
@bigggt
can you send me source sample (.m2ts) where stuttering occurs in encoded file? 100mb to www.mediafire.com. Use Dgsplit and set 100mb chunks. Upload part where you have stuttering.

@harycover
I have installed r3336 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/generic%20builds/ffdshow_rev3336_20100327_clsid.exe/download) and Ripbot does not complain!

@Cartman
Upload 50-100mb source sample to www.mediafire.com. Use DGsplit. I will check if I have the same problem.

Cartman
28th March 2010, 22:17
Here is a 10 MB chunk of that skipped AC3, plays fine in VLC:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jxuzgy2mqwm

soneca
28th March 2010, 22:24
Hi Atak,

Is there any way to disable checking versions of ffdshow?

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2010, 22:26
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GNU\ffdshow
revision=9999

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\ffdshow
revision=9999

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2010, 22:32
@Cartman
No problems

* AACPlus v2 Encoder (using Winamp enc_aacplus.dll and nscrt.dll)

* Coding Technologies encoder 8.0.3

* Build Oct 10 2009, 16:03:17

Input file: -

Output file: E:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac

SampleRate: 48000

ChannelCount: 2

BitsPerSample: 16

Bitrate: 65536

ChannelMode: Stereo

Engine: HE-AAC

Tune For Speech: No

PNS: No

MP4 Output: No

Encoding...
Finalizing...
Done

Cartman
28th March 2010, 22:38
I tried to call enc_aacPlus both with split file and the original file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RipRobot264\Tools\enc_aacPlus>enc_aacPlus.exe E:\Temp\Rip
Bot264temp\job1\audio_German.ac3

Invalid or unsuppored WAV file format (must be 16 bit PCM)

C:\Program Files (x86)\RipRobot264\Tools\enc_aacPlus>enc_aacPlus.exe E:\split__0

Invalid or unsuppored WAV file format (must be 16 bit PCM)

C:\Program Files (x86)\RipRobot264\Tools\enc_aacPlus>

What's wrong? Did I miss a parameter?

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2010, 22:41
eeeee What are you doing exactly mate???? Who told you to encode anything from cmd???

Cartman
28th March 2010, 22:50
Is it ok to manually call the "job1_EncodeAudio.cmd" and paste its output? I see, the enc program only accepts wav that is piped in or something...

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2010, 22:56
what happens if just let ripbot to do it's job????

soneca
28th March 2010, 23:02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GNU\ffdshow
revision=9999

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\ffdshow
revision=9999

Thanks Atak!

With the 3133 revision Subtitle Workshop(video) back to work!
I do not want to go back to an older version, but only then returned to work.:confused:

Cartman
28th March 2010, 23:13
Ripbot skips the sound transcoding. The job windows shows type AC3, target is 5.1 CT AAC-HE 192 kbps. Any log to post?

EDIT: Sometimes it just muxes the sound from a different/last job.

Atak_Snajpera
28th March 2010, 23:19
jobx.avs

Cartman
28th March 2010, 23:23
job1.avs: http://pastebin.com/4FMsVwEF

EDIT: This might be the log http://pastebin.com/8GanvPLs

bigggt
28th March 2010, 23:30
@bigggt
can you send me source sample (.m2ts) where stuttering occurs in encoded file? 100mb to www.mediafire.com. Use Dgsplit and set 100mb chunks. Upload part where you have stuttering.

I rebooted the Popcorn hour to make sure where the part was and now everything seems to be ok , as far as the PC goes i think the quad core cometimes just can't play 1080p the greatest

thanks

gr1mmj0w
29th March 2010, 06:31
Hey gents,
kinda weird, I've been using ripbot on a windows 7 x64 machine for a while and so I have another machine that I am trying to use it for. After clean install (OS) and I install everything for ripbot, I seem to get the error below.

DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start.

It's weird since 1 bluray it worked and another it didn't. :/

any ideas? I read the forum ad made sure ffdshow was used for VC-1.

Balthazar2k4
29th March 2010, 06:46
Hey gents,
kinda weird, I've been using ripbot on a windows 7 x64 machine for a while and so I have another machine that I am trying to use it for. After clean install (OS) and I install everything for ripbot, I seem to get the error below.

What is the MediaInfo properties (i.e. Audio/Video Codec) of the discs?

gr1mmj0w
29th March 2010, 07:04
What is the MediaInfo properties (i.e. Audio/Video Codec) of the discs?

Says the video properties is VC-1 and the audio properties is DTS (I may be reading this part wrong lol)

Balthazar2k4
29th March 2010, 07:07
Says the video properties is VC-1 and the audio properties is DTS (I may be reading this part wrong lol)

Is that the same for the successful disc as well? I am guessing the one that worked was AVC or MPEG-2.

Edit: I would initially suspect the version of Haali you are using.

gr1mmj0w
29th March 2010, 07:21
Is that the same for the successful disc as well? I am guessing the one that worked was AVC or MPEG-2.

Edit: I would initially suspect the version of Haali you are using.

Well the other disc was MPEG-2, you were right.

I'm using the Haali (that specific version) that was on the first page

pacaveli211
29th March 2010, 07:29

Thank you in advance.

mux in the second audio track after encoding (with mkvmerge or something similar)

Balthazar2k4
29th March 2010, 07:35
Well the other disc was MPEG-2, you were right.

I'm using the Haali (that specific version) that was on the first page

Hmmm. So you are using the 32-bit version of FFDSHOW with VC-1 enabled to WMV9 and the Haali Splitter from Nov 09? I am sure you have that correct as you have been previously using RipBot, but I am just checking.

Edit: It sounds like a registry problem. You could try using Preferred Filter Tweaker (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Preferred_Filter_Tweaker) to check what Win7 is up to.

gr1mmj0w
29th March 2010, 07:42
Hmmm. So you are using the 32-bit version of FFDSHOW with VC-1 enabled to WMV9 and the Haali Splitter from Nov 09? I am sure you have that correct as you have been previously using RipBot, but I am just checking.

Edit: It sounds like a registry problem. You could try using Preferred Filter Tweaker (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Preferred_Filter_Tweaker) to check what Win7 is up to.

yeh I played with that before. I'll keep playing around, I seem to miss a part of the error in the top border it says avisynth error and the reason is the message I gave :/

I'm not sure what else it can be.

Balthazar2k4
29th March 2010, 07:50
yeh I played with that before. I'll keep playing around, I seem to miss a part of the error in the top border it says avisynth error and the reason is the message I gave :/

I'm not sure what else it can be.

Out of curiosity what was the audio on the disc that worked?

gr1mmj0w
29th March 2010, 08:00
Out of curiosity what was the audio on the disc that worked?

First stream is DTS, second is AC-3

just to make sure, should I be restarting once I use the tweaker?

I did but wanted to make sure.

this is the error btw.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2191ixf.png

Balthazar2k4
29th March 2010, 08:03
First stream is DTS, second is AC-3

just to make sure, should I be restarting once I use the tweaker?

I did but wanted to make sure.

So the disc that worked is MPEG-2 with AC-3 and the one you are having trouble with is DTS and VC-1? Well, I really doubt the audio is the problem unless it is DTS-HD MA or something. As for Tweaker, restarting after a change is recommended, but I am not sure entirely necessary.

Edit: Do you mind posting the jobx.avs?

Edit: Oops, I meant the getinfo.avs.

gr1mmj0w
29th March 2010, 08:27
So the disc that worked is MPEG-2 with AC-3 and the one you are having trouble with is DTS and VC-1? Well, I really doubt the audio is the problem unless it is DTS-HD MA or something. As for Tweaker, restarting after a change is recommended, but I am not sure entirely necessary.

Edit: Do you mind posting the jobx.avs?

Edit: Oops, I meant the getinfo.avs.

This is it here. I see its DTS-MA but I've did alot of my other movies on my other machine, with the same audio. I get this message directly after "gathering information"

video=DirectShowSource("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Home\Documents\RipBot264v1.15.1\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=RaWavSource("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.dtsma.wav",1)
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

Balthazar2k4
29th March 2010, 08:49
This is it here. I see its DTS-MA but I've did alot of my other movies on my other machine, with the same audio. I get this message directly after "gathering information"

Do you have the Arcsoft DTS decoder installed?

klopsknoedel
29th March 2010, 10:02
hi,
RipBot264 1.15.1 hangs on "Please Wait... Gathering information" for 1 hour till now and won't go further i think. In previous versions the "please wait"-message pops up for 3sec and the demuxing-progress was finished. But now it hangs!

I've got:
AviSynth 2.5.8
FFDshow 3336 clsid
MatroskaSplitter from 110109

Can someone help please?

DVDfever.co.uk
29th March 2010, 15:39
I've only got a figure of 1.33:1, no options for 1.85 or 1.78 which was what confused me. I'm taking an mpg2 file (720*576) which is a vertically-squeezed anamorphic image, and want to make it 16:9 (1024*576) so Ripbot doesn't automatically appear to bring up 1.78:1 as any kind of an option. How do I bring up those options manually, please?

(follow-up request) Does anyone know why, please? The file is essentially 4:3 (as it's anamorphically-squeezed) but what I was after was to be able to make an automatic setting that I can use every time rather than have to manually select 720x576 and then hold down the button to increase the left-hand figure to 1024, which takes ages. Thanks.

I'll try again as I haven't had a response to this. It would be something at least if it was possible to overtype the numbers so I don't have to spend ages holding down the 'up' button. Can proper custom settings be put into a future update, please?

gr1mmj0w
29th March 2010, 16:29
Do you have the Arcsoft DTS decoder installed?

I do not, but its weird I never installed it on my other machine and it works fine.

The only thing different is that maybe I have VLC on the other machine. Also, I thought FFDshow had those codecs that were needed. I check the install, seems it has the DTS codecs needed.

I'm searching for Arcsoft DTS decoder, you know of any place I can download it from?

also, this morning I tried to do the encode with NO AUDIO and still got the same message :/

prettyboy85712
29th March 2010, 16:57
Hey gents,

Update your DirectX.

Atak_Snajpera
29th March 2010, 17:20
@gr1mmj0w
try this
1) Run cmd.exe as Administrator
2) enter regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax" /u
3) enter regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax"

pacaveli211
29th March 2010, 18:46
hi,
RipBot264 1.15.1 hangs on "Please Wait... Gathering information" for 1 hour till now and won't go further i think. In previous versions the "please wait"-message pops up for 3sec and the demuxing-progress was finished. But now it hangs!

I've got:
AviSynth 2.5.8
FFDshow 3336 clsid
MatroskaSplitter from 110109

Can someone help please?

mine did that after an ffdshow install, so I'd recommend starting there. full uninstall and new install. also make sure you trash your ripbot temp folder

Cartman
29th March 2010, 18:47
I downloaded 1.15.0 and tested "Whiteout" again: It works! No skipping of audio transcoding! I used the very same job as before with 1.15.1. What's wrong here?

Atak_Snajpera
29th March 2010, 19:18
How am I supposed to know? It works ok on my PC.

Cartman
29th March 2010, 20:08
Did you check my avs and log that I posted before? Any clues?

EDIT: I replaced the 1.15.1 executable with older 1.15.0, keeping your newest collection of the tools. It works. The prob seems not to originate from the tools.

8ternity
29th March 2010, 23:10
I downloaded 1.15.0 and tested "Whiteout" again: It works! No skipping of audio transcoding! I used the very same job as before with 1.15.1. What's wrong here?

Did you talk about DTS audio out of sync?

I've got that issue with the version 1.15.1 that with the version 1.15.0 i have no issue.

Cartman
29th March 2010, 23:17
No, not out of sync, but skipping audio transcoding (AC3 -> AAC-HE) totally (in some cases). problem never occurred with 1.15.0 or older ever. I just replaced 1.15.1 main executable with 1.15.0, now problems are gone.

Atak_Snajpera
29th March 2010, 23:25
compare all job files from 1.15.0 and 1.15.1. what happens if just click encodeaudio.cmd from job folder

Balthazar2k4
30th March 2010, 02:05
Ok, so I finally got around to trying out 1.15.1 and the very first test encode I did with it gave me this:

C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" - : "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 18 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 30000/1001 --min-keyint 30 --keyint 300 --frames 573 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --weightp 2 --stdin y4m --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - : 2

x264 [error]: invalid argument: nal-hrd = --vbv-bufsize

C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 640x360, 5000000/166833 fps, 573 frames

Output error: wrote only 324140 of 345600 bytes

C:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Users\Tracy7\Desktop\DTS-HD Master Audio Demo x.mkv" --title "DTS-HD Master Audio Demo x" --default-duration 0:30000/1001fps -d 0 -A -S "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --language 0:und --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_Undetermined.dtsma.flac"

mkvmerge v3.2.0 ('Beginnings') built on Feb 12 2010 16:46:17

Error: The source file 'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' could not be opened successfully, or retrieving its size by seeking to the end did not work.

-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:03s

Now this is the kind of error I would see if I used an unpatched x264.exe, but this is the one packaged in 1.15.1. Am I missing something? I don't see anyone else with this problem.

UPDATE: So I rolled back to the x264 that came with 1.15.0 and it worked without issue. How can I be the only one with this problem? It appears to be an issue with the NAL-HRD patch.

soneca
30th March 2010, 03:44
Seems to be missing an argument (vbr) in profile RipBot to work correctly with the new version of x264.

Balthazar2k4
30th March 2010, 04:22
Seems to be missing an argument (vbr) in profile RipBot to work correctly with the new version of x264.

Thanks Soneca. I just figured that out for myself. I have no idea why it was missing, but it is corrected and working now. BTW, I tried out the Arcsoft files in the Tools/ax directory and they work for DTS-HD MA.

gr1mmj0w
30th March 2010, 05:38
@gr1mmj0w
try this
1) Run cmd.exe as Administrator
2) enter regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax" /u
3) enter regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax"

thanks for the reply Atak.

I try this and it didn't work. I decided to ghost my machine back to fresh install and try this. Still no go, I got ahold of 1.50.0

I'm going to try that and update.

gr1mmj0w
30th March 2010, 05:57
thanks for the reply Atak.

I try this and it didn't work. I decided to ghost my machine back to fresh install and try this. Still no go, I got ahold of 1.50.0

I'm going to try that and update.

Well going back to 1.15.0 worked.

something in 1.15.1 does not like me at all.

Atak_Snajpera
30th March 2010, 07:06
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1385782#post1385782

Lutfi
30th March 2010, 07:16
hello, i've download ripbot 1.15.1 but it says java is not detected.
i've downloaded java from
http://www.java.net/download/jdk6/6u20/promoted/b01/binaries/jre-6u20-ea-bin-b01-windows-amd64-10_mar_2010.exe
in http://download.java.net/jdk6/.

I'm using Windows 7 x64, can someone help me?

gr1mmj0w
30th March 2010, 08:55
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1385782#post1385782

hmmm thats crazy.

either way, 1.50.0 is working for me, thanks for ya help :)

hello, i've download ripbot 1.15.1 but it says java is not detected.
i've downloaded java from
http://www.java.net/download/jdk6/6u20/promoted/b01/binaries/jre-6u20-ea-bin-b01-windows-amd64-10_mar_2010.exe
in http://download.java.net/jdk6/.

I'm using Windows 7 x64, can someone help me?

just download this.

http://java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp

Cartman
30th March 2010, 18:45
I replaced the 1.15.0 exe with 1.15.1, using the old job. Again it's skipping audio transcoding. The 1.15.1 did not change any files inside the job directory as the "last change date" is from yesterday for every file. So the very same job seems to work with 1.15.0 but not with 1.15.1. Tools excluded, job temporary files excluded, seems to be the main exe?

"Whiteout" encoded over night successfully with 1.15.0. It's watchable, in sync and everything.

PS: I am working with a Win 7 64bit machine.

Atak_Snajpera
30th March 2010, 18:52
try this http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzztwgkzjmz/RipBot264.exe

soneca
30th March 2010, 19:03
BTW, I tried out the Arcsoft files in the Tools/ax directory and they work for DTS-HD MA.

Cool!

What did you do to enable these files to the RipBot recognizes the DTS-HD MA?
Indeed Arcsoft is only useful for conversions DTS-HD MA> AC-3.
If I have two options keep AC-3 ...
If you only have DTS MA then extract the core using eac3to to avoid conversions.

Cartman
30th March 2010, 19:06
It's transcoding with your upload. Works.

Atak_Snajpera
30th March 2010, 19:10
@gr1mmj0w
try this http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzztwgkzjmz/RipBot264.exe

soneca
31st March 2010, 00:20
Hi Atak, could you give your opinion?

My intention is the highest quality regardless of the time used to encode, I could use this profile without problems with the RipBot264 and the latest versions of x264?

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --subme 9 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh

:thanks:

illestdomer2005
31st March 2010, 04:32
For some reason, I CANNOT get this disc to convert! I keep getting the AVS line 2 message. Any thoughts?

Balthazar2k4
31st March 2010, 04:38
Cool!

What did you do to enable these files to the RipBot recognizes the DTS-HD MA?
Indeed Arcsoft is only useful for conversions DTS-HD MA> AC-3.
If I have two options keep AC-3 ...
If you only have DTS MA then extract the core using eac3to to avoid conversions.

Copy the files in the "Arcsoft DTS Decoder" directory into your System32 or SysWOW64 (if you are using x64 OS) directory and from an Administrator command prompt type:

regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\asaudiohd.ax

That should do it.

Balthazar2k4
31st March 2010, 04:40
Hi Atak, could you give your opinion?

My intention is the highest quality regardless of the time used to encode, I could use this profile without problems with the RipBot264 and the latest versions of x264?

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --subme 9 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh

I can tell you that changing subme to 9 is more of a psychological improvement than a visual one. It will add to your encode time and I would be hard pressed to believe you will see the difference. Stick with 7. Just my opinion.

soneca
31st March 2010, 14:04
That's what I was thinking. It should work directly with eg: regsvr32 C: \ RipBot264 v1.15.1 \ Tools \ ArcSoft DTS Decoder \ ASAudiohd.ax...

I can tell you that changing subme to 9 is more of a psychological improvement than a visual one. It will add to your encode time and I would be hard pressed to believe you will see the difference. Stick with 7. Just my opinion.
7. RD on all frames
8. RD refinement on I- and P-Frames
9. RD refinement on all frames (Slowest, best quality)

I'll do some tests to see if there really are differences (visual) to compensate for this extra time.

I was reading that b-Adapter 2 (optimal) can handle much better scenes with fades. Again, only testing to make sure.

Thanks Balthazar!

Balthazar2k4
31st March 2010, 15:24
That's what I was thinking. It should work directly with eg: regsvr32 C: \ RipBot264 v1.15.1 \ Tools \ ArcSoft DTS Decoder \ ASAudiohd.ax...

7. RD on all frames
8. RD refinement on I- and P-Frames
9. RD refinement on all frames (Slowest, best quality)

I'll do some tests to see if there really are differences (visual) to compensate for this extra time.

I was reading that b-Adapter 2 (optimal) can handle much better scenes with fades. Again, only testing to make sure.

Thanks Balthazar!

Glad to help! As for the b-adapt = 2. In most cases there are trade-offs with improving fades (other than encode time). Typically something else in the picture suffers for it.

Atak_Snajpera
31st March 2010, 15:32
For some reason, I CANNOT get this disc to convert! I keep getting the AVS line 2 message. Any thoughts?
I love when users do not post full error message. That's my thought.

digib
31st March 2010, 20:33
Hi Atak_Snajpera.

Thanks again for this useful tool!

I'm here to ask you if is it known to be any problem when compressing and deinterlacing from 25i to 50p.

I have had randomly two incorrect outputs when compressing a TS consisting in a 25 fps 1440x1080i MPEG2 video track. The encoding was done adjusting deinterlace in TFF-->50 fps which worked well other times, but this time the 50 progressive fps output is playing as if it was 25p, I mean, there's no smooth playing of 50p, I'm sure it's not ok because I have encoded deinterlacing so many times interlaced content that my eyes know how is the result. As you should think, I deinterlace 25i to 50p so that I don't lose any of the A-B fields and the output keeps the smooth when playing as it is in reallity a 50 refresh rate interlaced video.

In fact, I compressed this ts yesterday doing that deinterlace method facing the issue for the first time, but after retrying taking a trim splitted with videoredo instead of the original source of the video and closing and reopening ripbot to delete the temp files, the output was a perfect and smooth 50 progressive track.

I did several compressions again with the sample so that I may face and identify the cause, selecting other resizes but the problem did not arise anymore. I don't know if any of the bold circumstances has anything to do. I have to say too that I was using ripbot 1.14.5, I'm going to update now.

I have just realised now that there's another variable, maybe stupid, it is the extension: when facing the problem is .ts but when I did trim and take just a sample of 15 secs with videoredo it named it as .mpg. I will repeat setting and .mpg extension to the original video...

So I'm here because today I came and repeated the encoding again from the original source (not the trim sample) and I get this reported 50p output which is not really playing smooth as it should, facing the issue again.

This is the source from which results not correct 50p frame rate
General
ID : 1
Complete name : E:\SAMPLE.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 267 MiB
Duration : 2mn 47s
Overall bit rate : 13.4 Mbps

Video
ID : 514 (0x202)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Duration : 2mn 46s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 90.0 Mbps
Width : 1 440 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Resolution : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.309
Stream size : 239 MiB (90%)

Audio
ID : 672 (0x2A0)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Stream size : 8.91 MiB (3%)
Language : English

This is the source trim sample which outputs well

General
Complete name : E:\SAMPLE trim.mpg
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 24.3 MiB
Duration : 15s 640ms
Overall bit rate : 13.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 12.1 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 90.0 Mbps
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.311
Stream size : 22.5 MiB (93%)

Audio
ID : 128 (0x80)
Duration : 15s 616ms
Stream size : 854 KiB (3%)

This is the output that is not playing OK as it should with smoothness from 50p, encoding from the not cutted video

General
Complete name : E:\SAMPLE tff 50fps hd ready.mkv
File size : 90.4 MiB
Overall bit rate : 4 542 Kbps
Movie name : SAMPLE tff 50fps hd ready
Encoded date : UTC 2010-03-30 20:55:30
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.9.8 ('C'est le bon') built on Aug 13 2009 12:49:06

Video
Bit rate : 4 004 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 4 096 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Frame rate : 50.000 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.087
Stream size : 79.7 MiB (88%)
Writing library : x264 core 77 r1292kGIT e381f6d
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=500 / keyint_min=50 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=4096 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID : 2
Codec ID : A_AC3
Stream size : 8.92 MiB (10%)

And this is the output that plays perfect, obtained from enconding the trim sample with the same settings than when failed (deinterlace TFF-->50 fps, doesnt matter if I resize or not)

General
Complete name : E:\SAMPLE trim deint tff 50fps resize HD ready.mkv
File size : 8.43 MiB
Duration : 15s 648ms
Overall bit rate : 4 520 Kbps
Movie name : SAMPLE trim deint tff 50fps resize HD ready
Encoded date : UTC 2010-03-30 21:19:06

Video
Bit rate : 3 982 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 4 096 Kbps
Frame rate : 50.000 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.086
Stream size : 7.42 MiB (88%)
Writing library : x264 core 77 r1292kGIT e381f6d
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=500 / keyint_min=50 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=4096 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
Duration : 15s 648ms
Stream size : 856 KiB (10%)

I don't see any difference in the sources / outputs.

Hope we find an explanation.

thanks again

soneca
31st March 2010, 22:44
Balthazar

The time difference was significant ...

First encoder> 04:11
Second encoder (profile changed)> 04:51

Playing not noticed differences and comparing frame by frame are so small they can not justify the extra time spent at the encoder.

Two screenshots with the top encoded using the default settings and lower with the profile changed.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/Forum/final.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/Forum/final1.jpg

illestdomer2005
31st March 2010, 23:15
I love when users do not post full error message. That's my thought.

Not to sound like a d*ck but...you KNOW the error message. I figured AVS line 2 was sufficient...

In any event, the problem was the stupid whitelisting on ffdshow that decided to, for whatever reason, turn itself back on.

Atak_Snajpera
31st March 2010, 23:26
@digib
Send me source 50mb to www.mediafire.com. Use DGsplit.

Lutfi
1st April 2010, 00:25
just download this.

http://java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp

thanks

digib
1st April 2010, 00:40
@digib
Send me source 50mb to www.mediafire.com. Use DGsplit.

uploading now, .ts test file is about 250 mb in 50 mb parts, did you mean that?

in the meantime, I did one more enconding, same parameters but with two diferent variables: ripbot 1.15.1/ffdshow rev3342 instead of 1.14.5 and ffdshow 3119, and source file renamed from .ts to .mpg.

result is satisfactory, deinterlaced from 1080i@25 to 50p fps correctly playing. At first sight I would say it's one of these two things, I bet for file extension? Sounds stupid but easy to solve, but it would mean if source is .ts extension when deinterlacing it discards one field of every source interlaced frame, instead of putting every field in one progressive frame... Lets wait your test and some more encoding

Balthazar2k4
1st April 2010, 01:19
Balthazar

The time difference was significant ...

First encoder> 04:11
Second encoder (profile changed)> 04:51

Playing not noticed differences and comparing frame by frame are so small they can not justify the extra time spent at the encoder.

Two screenshots with the top encoded using the default settings and lower with the profile changed.

I figured the difference would be pretty hard to spot. If you blew the image up on a 100" screen you might see it, but most of us don't have that luxury. When I moved up from a 50" to 65" plasma I started seeing the encoding differences much easier, but nothing that would cause me to re-rip my collection. The default 4.0 Profile that Atak uses is pretty good (especially at CQ18).

BTW, are those screen grabs in JPG? If so, that in itself degrades quality and makes looking for subtle differences even more difficult.

soneca
1st April 2010, 02:26
I figured the difference would be pretty hard to spot. If you blew the image up on a 100" screen you might see it, but most of us don't have that luxury. When I moved up from a 50" to 65" plasma I started seeing the encoding differences much easier, but nothing that would cause me to re-rip my collection. The default 4.0 Profile that Atak uses is pretty good (especially at CQ18).

I prefer to control the bitrate according to the type of movie, so I always use 2 passes.
I also use the standard profile 4.0 with minimal changes.

BTW, are those screen grabs in JPG? If so, that in itself degrades quality and makes looking for subtle differences even more difficult.
These above are in jpeg but the originals are in png and still very difficult to distinguish any difference between frames.

And almost all resized to 720.
After many tests I noticed that most do not lose virtually nothing after resized.;)

Balthazar2k4
1st April 2010, 05:10
These above are in jpeg but the originals are in png and still very difficult to distinguish any difference between frames.

And almost all resized to 720.
After many tests I noticed that most do not lose virtually nothing after resized.;)

Agreed, but when taking into account that you are trying to spot a difference between b-adapt 1 & 2 and subme 7 & 9, the least molestation to the images the better. The real fact is that if you have work that hard to spot the difference than it probably isn't worth it.

I will say that changing your source to computer animation (i.e. Toy Story, A Bug's Life, etc.) the differences between those settings might become more obvious.

8ternity
1st April 2010, 06:20
Hi Atak,

I've got an question.

Did avchd 24fps and 23.976 is the samething? i have an mkv movie are in 24fps with dts audio track, i've reset to 23.976 with dts audio track but the audio is out of sync when conversion is done.

Did bluray NTSC player read only 23.976, 29,97 fps and 24fps is the same has 23.976fps and bluray players will read it?

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
1st April 2010, 13:04
Did avchd 24fps and 23.976 is the samething? i have an mkv movie are in 24fps with dts audio track, i've reset to 23.976 with dts audio track but the audio is out of sync when conversion is done.

Audio MUST be re-encoded in order to change audio speed! Do not select Copy Audio Stream. BTW. 24fps is also supported by players so I wouldn't change fps.

mmmmdonut
1st April 2010, 15:25
Hi Atak

Its been awhile since I've done an HD DVD but I had done a few over last couple days and one thing I noticed is RB doesnt show subtitles on the demux screen. I checked the title.txt file (think thats the one) and subtitles are listed. At this time I havent dug into issue any deeper but am currently using v15.0 and havent tried 15.1 or an earlier to release to see if that field populates.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Atak_Snajpera
1st April 2010, 15:38
Use latest version and show me demuxlog.txt
if you have problems with 1.15.1 use this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1387495#post1387495

Send me 100mb sample to www.mediafire.com. Use DGSplit

8ternity
1st April 2010, 18:28
Audio MUST be re-encoded in order to change audio speed! Do not select Copy Audio Stream. BTW. 24fps is also supported by players so I wouldn't change fps.

So if i downgrade to 23.976 i will losse DTS audio? Is there an way to reconvert and keep DTS ?

THanks Atak!

Atak_Snajpera
1st April 2010, 18:52
So if i downgrade to 23.976 i will losse DTS audio?
You will loss audio-sync. Video will be 23.976 but audio will be still 24fps!

Is there an way to reconvert and keep DTS ?
No. Good advice from me. DON'T CHANGE FRAME RATE because 24fps is also correct!

8ternity
2nd April 2010, 03:25
You will loss audio-sync. Video will be 23.976 but audio will be still 24fps!

No. Good advice from me. DON'T CHANGE FRAME RATE because 24fps is also correct!

I followed your advice, it's what i've done. Im just reconverting the movie because addborders need to be added. I keep audio and frame rate.

:thanks::thanks:

pacaveli211
2nd April 2010, 08:42
yeah, always leave the framerate alone, unless you have to drop a 25fps to 23.976, then you can/will have to fix the audio with eac3to
my bluray player will play 23.967, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 .... and maybe more
also, 24p is more true to the source as in it was what the movie was originally shot in

stumped
2nd April 2010, 18:27
hi, just a quick question about halli. when haali released his first 64bit compatible official release, ripbot had issues with it and you had on the first page, a link to an older version (32bit only) haali build. Since then, haali has released a newer official build and your original post no longer has that error info. does that mean that ripbot now works correctly with the new haali builds? (i don't have a blu-ray right now to compress to test it out, also i'm updating my media tools so i though i'd ask)

weaver4
3rd April 2010, 00:03
I am running win7, professional, 64 bit.

When I start Ripbot264 it says that ffdshow is not installed. I have rev 3299 installed. I tried both the 32bit and 64bit version of ffdshow with the same result.

soneca
3rd April 2010, 03:22
The RipBot require a revision of ffdshow equal to or above the 33XX.

nekrosoft13
3rd April 2010, 07:59
how to force 4:3 aspect ratio?

this is the source video

Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 2.43 GiB
Duration : 21mn 28s
Overall bit rate : 16.2 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 48.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L3
Duration : 21mn 27s
Bit rate : 14.9 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.301
Stream size : 2.24 GiB (92%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Stream size : 98.2 MiB (4%)

original video is 4:3 ratio with black bars on sides.

I set ripbot to crop 240 on Left and Right.

Size changes to 1,33:1 (4:3) at 1440 by 1080 resolution

and resulting video is

File size : 990 MiB
Overall bit rate : 6 447 Kbps
Movie name : 1
Encoded date : UTC 2010-04-03 05:49:34
Writing application : mkvmerge v3.0.0 ('Hang up your Hang-Ups') built on Dec 12 2009 15:20:35
Writing library : libebml v0.7.9 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
Duration : 21mn 26s
Bit rate : 5 679 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 5 808 Kbps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.152
Stream size : 871 MiB (88%)
Writing library : x264 core 80 r1376kGIT 3feaec2
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / wpredp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=5808 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Stream size : 98.2 MiB (10%)

Resolution matches, but Ripbot decided to 16:9, instead of the desired 4:3

pacaveli211
3rd April 2010, 08:40
you can prob just remux that with mkvmerge and change the AR flag
or just change it on the fly with your media player
I asked atak to add a pillarbox option so stuff like that could be encoded to 1920x1080, but he didn't like that idea =P

soneca
3rd April 2010, 13:49
It's been a while since I worked with sources with vc-1.

With version 1.15.1 again the message "DirectShowSource: Timeout waiting for graph to start.
(D: \ temp \ RipBot264temp \ job1 \ getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Going back to version 1.15.0 everything works fine.:confused:

Atak_Snajpera
3rd April 2010, 13:55
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1387495#post1387495

soneca
3rd April 2010, 14:17
Now it worked! :thanks:

Lighto
4th April 2010, 07:18
Hi there Atak, just to let you know there's some sort of bug with the preview using MPC with some videos I want to convert from rips in the past.
The audio preview in comes out with low quality but the converted output is fine.
If you require a sample, please let me know.

Atak_Snajpera
4th April 2010, 13:01
I always require a sample :)

rocket71
5th April 2010, 01:53
(Apologies for not using the correct terminology) When I use Ripbot264 it is changing the speaker tracks. All of my Blu Ray converts have the main speaker channel as the left rear. I have tried different receivers and different computers using the same file but can't seem to figure out why the channels are mixed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, B

Lighto
5th April 2010, 05:52
I always require a sample :)

Here you go.:)
http://ifile.it/a26du4v
Having problems with mediafire, hope this file hosting site works for you.

stryker412
5th April 2010, 11:43
I ripped "2012" last night using CQ18.

General
Complete name : 2012.BluRay.mkv
File size : 3.92 GiB
Duration : 2h 37mn
Overall bit rate : 3 560 Kbps
Movie name : 2012 BluRay
Encoded date : UTC 2010-04-05 08:40:16
Writing application : mkvmerge v3.2.0 ('Beginnings') built on Feb 12 2010 16:46:17
Writing library : libebml v0.7.9 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
Duration : 2h 37mn
Bit rate : 2 849 Kbps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.129
Stream size : 3.14 GiB (80%)
Writing library : x264 core 89 r1471M 1144615
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / wpredp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / pulldown=0 / nal_hrd=vbr

The movie is 2hr40min but came out to be only 4GB? Doesn't that seem a little small? The video bandwidth seems a little low too.

Atak_Snajpera
5th April 2010, 13:21
Reason:
active size (without black borders) is in fact only 1280x544 (696320 pixels per frame)
BTW. how many times I have to repeat that you should always judge quality not size!

@Lighto
Your sample contains 4 channel ac3 audio. That's the problem.

@rocket71
Do you re-encode audio or you use COPY STREAM option? Send me 100 mb sample to www.mediafire.com. Use DGsplit

theshadow12345
5th April 2010, 21:51
Finally I got ripbot264 to work after alot of reboots and x246_x86.exe errors. It turned out that my system was not stable enough since my I7 is overclocked to about 3.8. Now its running fast and stable with no errors.

Now that i got that out of the way i have a question for Atak. Why is it when i use Consant Bitrate and a CRF of 18, I do not get a filesize bigger than 8GB? I thought if you used 18 you would get the best quality encode with a larger file size? I've encoded 3 movies and the smallest was 6.5GB (PiXar movie) and New Moon which is only coming out to about 7GB. It doesn't seem right considering that its over a 2.5 hour long movie and its only getting a bitrate of 8450-9000kbps.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
6th April 2010, 00:03
Why is it when i use Consant Bitrate and a CRF of 18, I do not get a filesize bigger than 8GB? I thought if you used 18 you would get the best quality encode with a larger file size? I've encoded 3 movies and the smallest was 6.5GB (PiXar movie) and New Moon which is only coming out to about 7GB. It doesn't seem right considering that its over a 2.5 hour long movie and its only getting a bitrate of 8450-9000kbps.
Constant quality not Consant Bitrate for god sake! Now ask yourself why some files on your harddrive are easier to compress by winrar,winzip than others? Let's say .txt/.doc/.html vs .mp3 ... .... That's your homework...

theshadow12345
6th April 2010, 03:00
Ok. I understand. One question. What's the main difference between a 2 pass 1080P 10-15GB mkv file and a 1080p cq, -18, mkv with a lower bitrate as far as PQ is concerned? I encoded the same movie using both methods and i didn't see any difference. Other than waiting longer for the 2 pass encode I just don't see a point in going 2 pass unless you want to store into a media cd,DVD,Etc with a high bitrate. Which I think is just a waste of time because your getting the same or maybe better PQ quality and smaller file size than the 2 pass. .

Thanks

'

mmmmdonut
6th April 2010, 04:35
HD DVD Subtitles follow up.

Atak, I pulled down 15.1 and got the avs error other folks mentioned, so I grabbed your link to the ripbot.exe dated 4/1 and got around the avs error. Below is the demuxlog.txt file you requested. Since I had several versions of ripbot sitting on my drive, I tried versions 11.5 and 13.3 and both of those versions allowed me to select a subtitle file. Versions 14.x and greater did not give me any option to select a subtitle. I will be sending you a pm shortly with the 100MB sample. Let me know if you require any additional information. Thx

eac3to v3.18
command line: "C:\DVDTools\RipBot264v1.15.1\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\HD\OCEANS_THIRTEEN_HD_DVD\" 1) 3: "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 4: "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.eac3.wav" -down16 2: "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 10 subtitle tracks, 2:02:09
1: Joined EVO file
2: Chapters, 34 chapters
3: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: E-AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
"Canadian"
6: E-AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: E-AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
"Commentary"
8: Subtitle (DVD), English
9: Subtitle (DVD), English, "SDH"
10: Subtitle (DVD), French
11: Subtitle (DVD), Chinese
12: Subtitle (DVD), Korean
13: Subtitle (DVD), Spanish
14: Subtitle (DVD), Portuguese
15: Subtitle (DVD), English, "Forced"
16: Subtitle (DVD), French, "Forced"
17: Subtitle (DVD), Spanish, "Forced"
[a04] The Nero decoder doesn't seem to work, will use libav instead.
Creating file "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v03] Extracting video track number 3...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[v03] Writing new framerate "24fps /1.001" to bitstream.
[a04] Removing E-AC3 dialog normalization...
[v03] Removing VC-1 pulldown...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Reducing depth from 64 to 16 bits...
[a04] Writing WAV...
[v03] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a04] Creating file "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.eac3.wav"...
[a04] Clipping detected, a 2nd pass will be necessary. <WARNING>
[a04] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 2GB. <WARNING>
[a04] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly. <WARNING>
[a04] Starting 2nd pass...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing E-AC3 dialog normalization...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Reducing depth from 64 to 16 bits...
[a04] Writing WAV...
[a04] Creating file "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_English.eac3.wav"...
[a04] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 2GB. <WARNING>
[a04] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly. <WARNING>
Added fps value (24 /1.001) to MKV header.
Video track 3 contains 175725 frames.
eac3to processing took 20 minutes, 26 seconds.
Done.

rocket71
6th April 2010, 04:42
http://www.mediafire.com/?tgq0kzwjmgm

I cant find the settings in regards to re-encoding or copy stream. Also, it is getting stuck at the end of the process and says "muxing" at the bottom. I have to abort the process. I has hung there for 2 days on several attempts at different movies. When I abort the files work and look great they just have the audio channell being mixed up issue.

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
6th April 2010, 19:40
http://www.mediafire.com/?tgq0kzwjmgm

What the hell is this?

rocket71
6th April 2010, 20:21
That is the link to the 100mb sample you requested that I made with the program you advised to use. I completed the cuts to 100 mb and uploaded it. I guess it does not work? Is there a specific way you like it to be sent to you? My apologies.

NiteShdw
6th April 2010, 21:31
I have a question about fast first pass mode. I have it turned on in the INI file, but when the cmd files are generated, the command line in EncodeVideoPass1.cmd and EncodeVideoPass2.cmd are exactly the same.

Both the files are using these encoding parameters:
--ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh

Doing some research it looks like a turbo first pass should look more like this:
--ref 1 --b-adapt 0 --b-pyramid none --subme 2 --trellis 0 --partitions none --me dia

gohamstergo
6th April 2010, 21:33
Ok. I understand. One question. What's the main difference between a 2 pass 1080P 10-15GB mkv file and a 1080p cq, -18, mkv with a lower bitrate as far as PQ is concerned? I encoded the same movie using both methods and i didn't see any difference.
if you dont see a difference, then use the faster method. X_X

7ekno
7th April 2010, 00:36
Which I think is just a waste of time because your getting the same or maybe better PQ quality and smaller file size than the 2 pass. .
'

Ding Ding Ding, welcome to the world of CRF encoding :P

The reason for the reduction is 2 fold, first is the drop in pixel count per frame, next is the pure efficiency of the x264 encoder (the BD will be forced to only 3 B-frames and an I-frame at least every second - x264 improves on these areas significantly, ie why use an I-frame when all your predictors tell you that a 10x smaller B-frame could be used?!?)

pacaveli211
7th April 2010, 06:38
I have a question about fast first pass mode. I have it turned on in the INI file, but when the cmd files are generated, the command line in EncodeVideoPass1.cmd and EncodeVideoPass2.cmd are exactly the same.

because all of those parameters are consistent through both passes. the 2pass is to allow for a higher quality encode while hitting a target bitrate / size. (correct me if I'm wrong here) but the first pass is to do a quick process/test run of things. the second pass is the actual encode where it uses data from the first pass to achieve proper quality via knowing when higher bitrate is needed and via comparison to first pass results

soneca
7th April 2010, 13:33
Hi Atak,

When I leave two jobs in the queue to encode in CQ, and return to check the data then the first job from the queue appears changed, as if it was configured for 2-pass.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/Forum/RipBot-1.png

MaistroX
7th April 2010, 13:42
Hi!

As a rookie I am, I was wondering if there´s possible to input 2 different strings for the 2-passes, set them seperetly, and if so, how do I do that ? :)

THX in avdance!

Atak_Snajpera
7th April 2010, 13:48
As a rookie I am, I was wondering if there´s possible to input 2 different strings for the 2-passes, set them seperetly, and if so, how do I do that ?
For optimal quality both should be the same.

theshadow12345
7th April 2010, 13:48
This may seem a little off topic but what can i use to compare screenshots from a blu-ray source (m2ts) and an mkv file? I tried Home Classic Media Player but i can't seem to get it to display the frame numbers on top so i know what exact frame I am taking a snapshot of.

Atak_Snajpera
7th April 2010, 13:55
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=138430

MaistroX
7th April 2010, 14:59
Is there any chance to have RipBot264 by itself to check if there´s any new programs that it uses that are newer then what is it currently uses?
Would be so nice if it could check in some way and by it self download them in the same dir as one have RipBot264, something that U can consider? :)

THX in advance!

Atak_Snajpera
7th April 2010, 15:20
Is there any chance to have RipBot264 by itself to check if there´s any new programs that it uses that are newer then what is it currently uses?
Would be so nice if it could check in some way and by it self download them in the same dir as one have RipBot264, something that U can consider?
waste of time. Tools these days are not updated very often. Even x264.

theshadow12345
7th April 2010, 15:38
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=138430

Hey thanks for the link boss but that tool doesn't display frames and there are no buttons (Stop,Forward,Next Frame) to control what you need to capture. I am looking for something like this snapshot... http://pic.phyrefile.com/m/mo/movieguy/2009/06/13/encode1.png Do you know what they are using that shows the info on the top left hand corner?

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
7th April 2010, 15:56
FFdshow video decoder configuration -> OSD

theshadow12345
7th April 2010, 16:21
FFdshow video decoder configuration -> OSD

Thanks for the Info. Its all good.

rocket71
7th April 2010, 22:10
What the hell is this?

I hate to be a pest but thought maybe this one got lost on the last page or two. Were you able to see my file cut to determine why the audio channels are being switched and the center channel is coming out of the left rear?

Also you made reference to am I "re-encoding audio or Copy Stream" can you point me in the direction to these settings and which it should be?

Thanks, B

Atak_Snajpera
7th April 2010, 22:34
What did you send? What kind of file is that? .m2ts , ac3 , dts WHAT!? It looks like some random data.

pacaveli211
8th April 2010, 01:19
Also you made reference to am I "re-encoding audio or Copy Stream" can you point me in the direction to these settings and which it should be?

Thanks, B
on the main "encoding settings" screen on the right side. under the audio path will list that option. there is no right or wrong option. it's your preference as to whether you want to preserve the original track (x.x copy stream) or re-encode it into a different format such as AAC or AC3

archaeo
8th April 2010, 01:48
Trying the program out for first time, and when attempting to load an m2ts file, I get the error:

cannot create file X:\bluray\hurtlocker\hurt_locker_NA\BDMV\STREAM\:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\bluray_structure_getinfo.cmd".\xxx" the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

not sure what is wrong here, it seems path name is OK, no special characters or such :confused:

edit: probably related but I can't open the selected m2ts with MPC, as I was able to with the previous version of ffdshow I had installed (3133). Something with the codecs in moving up to 33xx seems to have affected that, too.

soneca
8th April 2010, 02:17
I have version 3133 installed and is working very well.
With newer versions of ffdshow have had problems with other programs.

rocket71
8th April 2010, 03:05
What did you send? What kind of file is that? .m2ts , ac3 , dts WHAT!? It looks like some random data.

It was orginally a .mp4 but when I put it in DGsplit I don't know what happens. Does that help?

on the main "encoding settings" screen on the right side. under the audio path will list that option. there is no right or wrong option. it's your preference as to whether you want to preserve the original track (x.x copy stream) or re-encode it into a different format such as AAC or AC3

Thanks! I was converting to .mp4 and did not have the Copy Stream option. I am see that option in AVCHD and am going to try to convert a movie using those settings. So far everything looks beautiful, just need to get the soundtrack right.

archaeo
8th April 2010, 03:42
I have version 3133 installed and is working very well.
With newer versions of ffdshow have had problems with other programs.

when I loaded ripbot (with ffdshow 3133 already in place), it gave me an error that said at least version 3300 had to be installed. So I uninstalled 3133, and installed 3342.

still getting error:
cannot create file X:\bluray\hurtlocker\hurt_locker_NA\BDMV\STREAM\:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\bluray_structure_getinfo.cmd".\xxx" the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

mmmmdonut
8th April 2010, 10:45
Thanks! I was converting to .mp4 and did not have the Copy Stream option. I am see that option in AVCHD and am going to try to convert a movie using those settings. So far everything looks beautiful, just need to get the soundtrack right.

mp4 container can only hold AAC audio.

@archaeo why is there just a : before temp? If you modified the ini file make sure your paths are correct.

rocket71
8th April 2010, 12:20
Ok, when I utilized the AVCHD setting and Copy Stream option all the audio channels are in the correct place. What is wrong with my settings that when I do a .mp4 file the audio channels are all switched up? (ie..center channel in left rear). I want to utilize the .mp4 or .mkv containers instead of AVCHD but I want the audio correct. I appreciate everyones help so far. Thanks, B

mmmmdonut
8th April 2010, 13:34
Cant say I've had my channels out of order ( I use mp4 container all time) so not sure whats going on with your setup/encode. I assume your receiver is configured properly, ie you've done a pink noise test on each channel? Also is your test file a standard 6 channel video or you working with something that has like 3 or 4 channel audio?

Atak_Snajpera
8th April 2010, 14:47
@archaeo
do you have similar problem with avi, mkv , mp4 ?

@rocket71
What kind of source do you have? mp4, mkv, vob ,....
When you convert file to mp4 do you select 2.0 AAC audio or 5.1 AAC?
You must send me untouched source. Otherwise I won't be able to help.

archaeo
8th April 2010, 14:59
@archaeo

At work now, will check later today when I return...

archaeo
8th April 2010, 19:10
OK, I caught a few minutes at lunch...

So, with an mkv file:
When I click the add button and go to browse for an .mkv file, and select - I don't get anything - no error message, no file loaded. The program doesn't appear to be loading the files in either case. I just get an error when trying to load the m2ts.

I also tried another m2ts file (small, < 300Mb), and this time I got the same error message as before, but it did go into the 'select streams' window, but while there it was stuck on "please wait, analyzing..." for at least five minutes before I closed it. It never loaded that file either.

jacksback
8th April 2010, 19:27
Hi Everyone

2 things

#1 - There seems to be a bug with RipBot when converting multiple movies/episodes to CQ 18 and setting the output video size to 720p. The first file works perfectly but the 2nd one in line sends the bitrate through the roof, resulting in a flickering green coloured video.

#2 - I often made the mistake of forgetting to permanently burn the non-english speaking subtitles into the frames when converting some of my movies. Is there any way to quickly merge these external subtitle files with the video permanently without running through a full re-encode? Almost like a CQ 0 (Zero), so don't touch the frame, just merge the subtitle track where required.

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
8th April 2010, 19:45
@archaeo
edit ripbot264.ini

StoreTempFilesin=AUTO

change to

StoreTempFilesin=C

#1 - There seems to be a bug with RipBot when converting multiple movies/episodes to CQ 18 and setting the output video size to 720p. The first file works perfectly but the 2nd one in line sends the bitrate through the roof, resulting in a flickering green coloured video.
it must be some decoding issue. Reinstall all required components. Use latest ffshow. Also if you have 1.15.1 use this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1387495#post1387495

#2 - I often made the mistake of forgetting to permanently burn the non-english speaking subtitles into the frames when converting some of my movies. Is there any way to quickly merge these external subtitle files with the video permanently without running through a full re-encode? Almost like a CQ 0 (Zero), so don't touch the frame, just merge the subtitle track where required.
You can mux them using mmg.exe (I assume that you are encoding to mkv)

rocket71
8th April 2010, 23:32
@archaeo

@rocket71
What kind of source do you have? mp4, mkv, vob ,....
When you convert file to mp4 do you select 2.0 AAC audio or 5.1 AAC?
You must send me untouched source. Otherwise I won't be able to help.

The source is .m2ts. When I convert it to .mp4 I am using 5.1 CT AAC-LC 256.

Here is an another attempt at splitting up a file for you to look at...I put the original in DGSplit and selected one of the 100mb segments to upload. I see it has a _13 after the file extension. I don't know how else to split it if this isn't correct. If this still isn't correct, can you point me in the direction on how to use dgsplit correctly to get you the file upload.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zznykmf0tzj/The Day After Tomorrow.mp4_13

Also, I checked my surround setup as someone suggested and it is correct. It is only my ripbot bluray converts that are doing this. Thanks, B

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2010, 00:03
Well I would need sample of .m2ts.

archaeo
9th April 2010, 00:17
@archaeo
edit ripbot264.ini

StoreTempFilesin=AUTO

change to

StoreTempFilesin=C

OK, that worked to at least get the file loaded :thanks: However, after it demuxed the streams, it gave me the following error:

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv:
No such interface supported
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

avs script in temp folder is as follows:

video=DirectShowSource("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("C:\DVD_TOOLS\m2ts to dvd\ripbot\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_Undetermined.ac3")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

mmmmdonut
9th April 2010, 02:12
@archaeo if you using 15.1 try this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1387495#post1387495

rocket71
9th April 2010, 02:33
Well I would need sample of .m2ts.

Here is a link to the sample of the source:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nji5nkmzymo

archaeo
9th April 2010, 03:18
@archaeo if you using 15.1 try this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1387495#post1387495

OK yeah, that did work... :)

pacaveli211
9th April 2010, 06:26
Hi Everyone

2 things

probably what we discussed here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1376670#post1376670

a burn in? no. a selectable subtitle track, yes (use mkvmerge as Atak said)

jacksback
9th April 2010, 10:57
probably what we discussed here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1376670#post1376670

a burn in? no. a selectable subtitle track, yes (use mkvmerge as Atak said)

Thanks, was really hoping for a burn in option. I use mkvmerge but can never get the subtitle track to automatically start when playing the movie with my NMT.

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2010, 14:36
@rocket71
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgggmmtdjzi/00001-new.mp4

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5387/new1s.png

When I muted all channels in ffdshow except center I heard only voice. When I muted center channel voice was switched off. Frankly everything seems to be ok.

soneca
9th April 2010, 14:49
With the 3351 version of the ffdshow problem I had is gone.
Everything working.:)

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2010, 14:54
what problem?

soneca
9th April 2010, 15:01
This one.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1386883#post1386883

soneca
9th April 2010, 16:36
Hi Atak,

I can encode at constant quality mode with the value of the quantizer to 16 without problems, although not part of the range of RipBot?

pacaveli211
9th April 2010, 17:47
This one.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1386883#post1386883

you can prob change the reg key (somewhere in earlier posts) and just 'trick' ripbot into thinkin you have a diff version

pacaveli211
9th April 2010, 17:48
Thanks, was really hoping for a burn in option. I use mkvmerge but can never get the subtitle track to automatically start when playing the movie with my NMT.

yeah, I've tried to do the same thing with AVCHD's using the forced track option. I don't know if it drops after I remux with tsmuxer, or if it just doesn't work =\

dbone1026
9th April 2010, 17:58

Which NMT? The forced subs I put into my mkvs with MKVMerge show up automatically with my PCH

soneca
9th April 2010, 17:59
I know, Atak answered that post.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ GNU \ ffdshow
revision = 9999

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ GNU \ ffdshow
revision = 9999 "

But with this new version of ffdshow, everything is ok.

Thanks!:)

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2010, 18:03
I can encode at constant quality mode with the value of the quantizer to 16 without problems, although not part of the range of RipBot?
This is just an example:) The same with bitrate. You can enter whatever you want. For me everything below 18 smells like placebo.

soneca
9th April 2010, 18:15
I've done some tests and depending on the video, I thought there was a significant improvement in the details, especially in some scenes (more closely), those most difficult to encode.:)

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2010, 18:29
Do you always watch movies frame by frame with your nose in front of display? If I was so obsessed with quality I wouldn't re-encode at all.

soneca
9th April 2010, 18:46
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/soneca1/Forum/cagandoderir2-1.gif
Not much:D, but I like to try and make comparisons!:cool:

banoviciminer
9th April 2010, 18:47
This is very nice and easy-to-use piece of software... the only thing I mind is that there's no Bosnian language in language list and subtitle language list... I mean, there are some Native American languages and also African tribes languages, but no Bosnian... I really hope that next version will be supplemented...

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2010, 18:59
@banoviciminer
Sorry about that. I just downloaded that list from internet.

rocket71
9th April 2010, 19:21
@rocket71
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgggmmtdjzi/00001-new.mp4

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5387/new1s.png

When I muted all channels in ffdshow except center I heard only voice. When I muted center channel voice was switched off. Frankly everything seems to be ok.

Clearly something is wrong though, I get strong output on the left rear channel with every encode except AVCHD. AVCHD sounds awesome but not MP4. I do not think my surround system is at fault because BluRay, DVD, and everythign else works fine.

I have fired up an older computer and did a fresh install of Ripbot and all the needed programs to see if I can get a good encode from it. If that works then I know it is my settings on my primary computer. It should be done tonight some time.

gohamstergo
9th April 2010, 19:23
@Atak: Feature Request:

In the 'Stream demuxing window' would it be possible for you to not have it automatically load the details for the first item in the list? If I want to select a different item, I have to sit through the first one loading, then select the second and wait for it to load.

Thanks. :)

Atak_Snajpera
9th April 2010, 19:42
@gohamstergo
no

archaeo
10th April 2010, 01:30

OK, I tried the link mentioned, and I have ffdshow (v3351) installed, but I'm still getting the following error, after the demuxing phase of the m2ts file:

Cannot play back the video stream: no suitable decompressor could be found.

I am assuming that ffdshow has the decompressor that the error states I'm missing... what's up with this?

pacaveli211
10th April 2010, 02:28
bah, just demux/remux it manually

mkv
10th April 2010, 02:34
my ripbot error:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/8e82a675769128
any idea about that?

arapkadri
10th April 2010, 13:33
my ripbot error:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/8e82a675769128
any idea about that?

It's seamless RipBot264 v1.15.0 :rolleyes:

Tools Copy the folder v1.15.1 to v1.15.0

archaeo
10th April 2010, 14:19
bah, just demux/remux it manually

I believe the point is for the program to do it ;)

robf
10th April 2010, 23:32
I sent this also as a PM, but just in case you don't read them..

I have been using ripbot to convert HDDVD and BD to WTV files. I find it very useful, thank you for sharing.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option for WTV as the output file. It would be a simple matter of building the proper command line call to DVRMSToolbox and executing after the encoding stage. It would save an additional step to the conversion process.

What do you think?

thanks,
Rob

mmmmdonut
11th April 2010, 02:35
OK, I tried the link mentioned, and I have ffdshow (v3351) installed, but I'm still getting the following error, after the demuxing phase of the m2ts file:

I am assuming that ffdshow has the decompressor that the error states I'm missing... what's up with this?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling all the required tools? Also I am not sure if ffdshow 3351 has issues or not would have to let some others chime in. I know I'm on 3342 and have experienced no issues.

archaeo
11th April 2010, 15:54
I've uninstalled and reinstalled ffdshow a number of times, and using different versions. I haven't reinstalled Haali at this point.
I was thinking (given the error message: no suitable decompressor) that it was just a setting I was not getting right in ffdshow, but I can't get it to work.

EDIT: uninstalled and reinstalled Haali and FFdshow - same result:

rocket71
11th April 2010, 16:20
Atak_Snajpera, I need to give you my apologies. You were right. I could not figure out what was wrong but after I did an encode with a different computer and got the same results I started thinking about what else it could be. I google just about every aspect of my setup in regards to what would cause improper channels. From my Zotac Motherboard to my Onkyo receiver and could not find anyone having the same issue till I finally googled "XBMC wrong channels". Bingo! The 9.11 Camelot release of XBox Media Center was the culprit. I did an updated to one of their more recent builds and it works beautifully now. Thanks for all your help.

One more question... :) When I do a conversion of a file it gets to the end and says ...muxing at the bottom and never stops muxing. I have to abort the process. Even though I abort it though everything works great. The only real issue with this situation is I can not do more than one Job because of the need to abort once it gets to this muxing stage. Thoughts?

Atak_Snajpera
11th April 2010, 20:46
is mp4 file bigger than 4GB? Why not mkv?

@archaeo
Let me guess. You still use ancient windows xp without Windows Media Player 11 installed?

archaeo
11th April 2010, 22:21
is mp4 file bigger than 4GB? Why not mkv?

@archaeo
Let me guess. You still use ancient windows xp without Windows Media Player 11 installed?

correct! I guess that's why my moniker is 'archaeo'...:rolleyes:

I use MPC for playback, without issues - it plays anything I throw at it.

OK, I am assuming that I'll either need to upgrade to windows7 (I'll never go Vista, and that's why I still use XP) or, load wmp 11?
What's the decompressor that XP doesn't have? Can I install any other way?

Atak_Snajpera
11th April 2010, 22:46
in vista and 7 vc-1 decoder is installed by default. in xp you must manually install wmp11 (It contains vc-1 decoder) . frankly i would safe some money for 7 x64. xp is outdated. no .net,no udf,no decoders,no video preview,no dx11 and so on, and so on.(in default instalation)

I use MPC for playback, without issues - it plays anything I throw at it.
he he try interlaced vc-1 :)

mikabama
11th April 2010, 23:48
Hey Atak, will your next release of ripbot include support for the upcoming ipad? Just wondering. Thanks for the best in ripbot264. :thanks:

archaeo
12th April 2010, 00:33
frankly i would safe some money for 7 x64. xp is outdated. no .net,no udf,no decoders,no video preview,no dx11 and so on, and so on.(in default instalation)

yeah, I'm looking at it. I've heard some good things about W7. You have to do a clean install, so I have to backup everything beforehand.

pacaveli211
12th April 2010, 03:30
lrn2partition

benjyv
12th April 2010, 19:56
Hi ,
I'm back again with an important question : Who can teach me HOW to attach 2 or more subtitles using Ripbot ???
I've tried to apply ONE single subtitle using the " selectable subtitles" button , and it works
When I tried to attach 2 or 3 subtitles , the soft takes all , but in the end all are the same as first one ,i.e. the same language .

What should I do to attach different language subtitles on the same movie ?

I have to mention that subtitles are .sup type and I want to save them as inbuilt , NOT hardsub , so that to be able to select between them.

10x !!

archaeo
13th April 2010, 02:53
@archaeo

Atak: loaded WMP 11 (kept XP so far), and ripbot is currently running without a hitch :)

Balthazar2k4
13th April 2010, 03:04
Hey Atak, will your next release of ripbot include support for the upcoming ipad? Just wondering. Thanks for the best in ripbot264. :thanks:

Why not make your own profile? That's what I did for my Zune HD.

benjyv
13th April 2010, 04:47
....HOW to attach 2 or more subtitles using Ripbot ???
I've tried to apply ONE single subtitle using the " selectable subtitles" button , and it works
When I tried to attach 2 or 3 subtitles , the soft takes all , but in the end all are the same as first one ,i.e. the same language .

What should I do to attach different language subtitles on the same movie ?

I have to mention that subtitles are .sup type and I want to save them as inbuilt , NOT hardsub , so that to be able to select between them....

If nobody answer me , at least give me a link to find out myself the answer

archaeo
13th April 2010, 14:43
settings questions -

How does one set/change the speed/quality presets in x264:
ultrafast, superfast, veryfast, faster, fast, medium, slow, slower, veryslow and placebo.

Also, to enable CRF, is this done in the hidden settings in the .ini file?

thanks

NiteShdw
13th April 2010, 21:02
I'm having a really weird issue. When the demuxing process ends (I'm not certain if it's actually gotten to 100% or not), Ripbot264 is deleting the resulting video.mkv, audio, and subtitle files. Basically, everything that's getting demuxed is getting deleted and then Ripbot is reporting a DirectShowSource error because the video file is missing.

EDIT: It appears to be a read error on the disc. It would be nice if Ripbot would parse the demux log and report the error.

8ternity
14th April 2010, 01:21
Atak,

I have submit already that suggestion but i repost again if you add this feature.

In The time delay, can we have an empty box and so we can enter our custom audio delay

ex: 3300 or 3350 etc. Now its only up and down values only.

archaeo
14th April 2010, 14:24
I'll rephrase my question, for anyone who may know the answer:

Can one change the x264 speed/quality preset in ripbot? How?
I believe the default is 'medium'

Atak_Snajpera
14th April 2010, 14:55
Does this look like medium preset?
--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid none --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh

You can increase/decrease those values in gui so don't ask for presets.

juramirez
14th April 2010, 15:20
For those of us with not-quite-up-to-date systems, encodes can take around 12 hours to finish, which means that if I set it running as soon as I get home from work, and it's not a video that takes especially long to encode, it'll be ready by the time I have to head off for work next day. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes longer, or I get home later, and the encode isn't complete. In these cases, my only two options are either abort the whole thing, or wait for it to finish and get to work late. I'd love to have the option to pause it, then have it pick up where it left off next time I start it. Is this something that can be implemented?

Atak_Snajpera
14th April 2010, 15:38
Have you heard about Hibernate function in Windows? Do you have to use 2-pass mode?

benjyv
14th April 2010, 16:20
Atak ??

I'm waiting , too , for an answer , pls !!!

dvgeek
14th April 2010, 19:26
Atak - Have been using Ripbot for over a year - great program!

Got a weird error today! This is what I had done:

New machine build - Intel q9550 - 8GBRAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - Updated with latest patches/fixes.
Rebooted
Installed AVISynth 2.5.8.5
Installed ffdshow rev3356 (32bit)
Installed Haali (MatroskaSplitter 1.9.42.1)
Installed Java6u17 (32bit)
Installed RipBot264 v1.15.1
Rebooted

Started RipBot264, selected my video file, waited for stream extraction, etc., adjusted parameters for AVS file (deinterlace, crop, resixe, etc.), then clicked on Done and got the error message "AVS2AVI.EXE - Program cant start because d3dx9_30.dll is missing from your computer"

Puzzled why avs2avi.exe is being called, and why a dx9 dll (Isn't Win7 supposed to have dx10/11 which is a superset of dx9?) is being called. I've attached a pic of the error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
14th April 2010, 20:13
Microsoft for some reason decided to not install DirectX 9.0c in Windows 7. You will have to install that manually. Denoise filter works on GPU and requires DX9 installed.

Zorro70
14th April 2010, 22:41
Atak ??

I'm waiting , too , for an answer , pls !!!

When you select a subtitle, just below it you choose the language, then click + add another subtitle, wait for it to load then choose the language again

you have to
add each subtitle ,wait for it to load, then choose the language for each one. Then click ok.

sorry dont have time to put up a picture or vid

soneca
15th April 2010, 00:34
Rather than install DirectX 9 he could not simply extract the d3dx9_30.dll from the DirectX 9 package?...

pacaveli211
15th April 2010, 07:11
For those of us with not-quite-up-to-date systems, encodes can take around 12 hours to finish, which means that if I set it running as soon as I get home from work, and it's not a video that takes especially long to encode, it'll be ready by the time I have to head off for work next day. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes longer, or I get home later, and the encode isn't complete. In these cases, my only two options are either abort the whole thing, or wait for it to finish and get to work late. I'd love to have the option to pause it, then have it pick up where it left off next time I start it. Is this something that can be implemented? I've asked for a pause option previously, I think it would be a nice feature. however, I don't understand your problem. why must you wait for the encode to finish? about the only thing I can think of is you want to shut down your pc....and ripbot has a shutdown option.

Have you heard about Hibernate function in Windows? Do you have to use 2-pass mode?
errrr, seriously, hibernate is your answer for a pause? I doubt that would/will work. and I know it won't for the reasons I'd like having it (just to free up resources for a period). I was encoding once when the power went out. it was out long enough that my UPS wasn't going to last so I set the pc to sleep. later upon power coming back on and starting the pc back up ripbot just acted confused about what it had been doing. didn't seem it was able to just resume

benjyv
15th April 2010, 07:34
@Zorro70

Thanks for your answer !!! I've done as you said but whatever I do, the software takes only the first language and attached it instead of others....
the settings are very simple ,so I cannot make mistakes.....
I'm very glad that it converts .sup files , directly to srt ,or kind of....( I said "kind of" because afterwards these subtitles cannot be separated from the film that have been applied )
Should I use srt files instead of sup ones , so that Ripbot take separatelly as different languages ???

...some opinions ??

Remicade
15th April 2010, 15:19
Hibernate and suspend to ram works perfectly with Ripbot.

archaeo
16th April 2010, 03:49
DirectShowSource: couldn't open file Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv:
No such interface supported
(Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

Any help on what is the cause of this error? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling avisynth, haali, and no change. I don't know quite what the error is about...:mad:

soneca
16th April 2010, 04:18
Try this, maybe fix...
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1387495#post1387495

mcurtis5484
16th April 2010, 06:39
I am trying to convert a Blu-ray movie to the MKV format. I am using AnyDVDHD to rip an image of the Blu-ray to my hard drive. I then use RipBot264 to try to perform the conversion. I'm able to select the streams to be demuxed, and RipBot264 performs the demuxing. At this point, RipBot264 displays a message on the screen, "Please Wait...Gathering Information" which nevers goes away, and the only screen option available is "Abort." I've uninstalled and reinstalled RipBot264 and the associated programs that need to be installed with RipBot264. I am running Windows Professional 64-bit on my Dell XPS410 (updated to a quad-core processor and 8GB of memory). I've tried converting multiples movies on my desktop computer and laptop, and both computers stall after RipBot264 demuxes the selected streams.

This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any ideas, or do you have this problem?

Here is a listing of the files in the temp folder:

benjyv
16th April 2010, 07:52
@mcurtis5484

I think your OS is poorly like your RAM memory...when I used Ripbot on a slow and weakly PC it does the same...maybe an older version will help you..

mcurtis5484
16th April 2010, 14:25
@benjyv

My PC and laptop are fairly fast computers with very good performance in benchmark testing. Do you have any other suggestions?

Dell XPS 410
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
8GB RAM
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Memory 1024 MBytes
Two Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 RPM Drives (RAID 0)

My laptop is a Dell XPS Studio 16 with an Intel i5 processor and 8GB of memory and an ATI video card with 1GB of memory

juramirez
16th April 2010, 14:35

I'm using CQ 22, not 2-pass. And I was under the impression that RipBot wouldn't play nice with hibernate, although I can't really say why.

I've asked for a pause option previously, I think it would be a nice feature. however, I don't understand your problem. why must you wait for the encode to finish? about the only thing I can think of is you want to shut down your pc....and ripbot has a shutdown option.

Oh, I neglected to mention... I only have the one laptop, and I don't want to travel with it turned on. So I'd have to wait for it to finish, turn it off (or let it shut down through RipBot), and then pack it to take to work.

errrr, seriously, hibernate is your answer for a pause? I doubt that would/will work. and I know it won't for the reasons I'd like having it (just to free up resources for a period). I was encoding once when the power went out. it was out long enough that my UPS wasn't going to last so I set the pc to sleep. later upon power coming back on and starting the pc back up ripbot just acted confused about what it had been doing. didn't seem it was able to just resume

Hibernate and suspend to ram works perfectly with Ripbot.

Remicade, you say this from experience? If so, any idea why it would work for you and not paceveli211?

juramirez
16th April 2010, 14:36
@benjyv

My PC and laptop are fairly fast computers with very good performance in benchmark testing. Do you have any other suggestions?

Dell XPS 410
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
8GB RAM
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Memory 1024 MBytes
Two Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 RPM Drives (RAID 0)

My laptop is a Dell XPS Studio 16 with an Intel i5 processor and 8GB of memory and an ATI video card with 1GB of memory

Yargh.... I bought the same laptop maybe a week before they came out with Core i5/i7's... so I'm stuck with a Core 2 Duo. :(

pacaveli211
16th April 2010, 17:11
-mcurtis5484
try removing first and then reinstalling your ffdshow, possibly install an older version/build, make sure your ripbot temp dir is cleared out too
also you should tell us which version of windows, not just "Windows Professional 64-bit" which could mean xp/vista/7 =P

-juramirez
maybe mine was just a fluke, you should give it a try a couple times. let everyone know if it works =)

archaeo
16th April 2010, 17:57
Try this, maybe fix...
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1387495#post1387495

Yes, that worked, thank you.
And after I posted I realized that this was answered before in post 7413 :stupid:

@ Atak:
So, it appears that the version contained in the referenced link is a fix, but it is also not the latest version... so I assume that I use this version until ?? Will there be an update that contains the same fix?

mcurtis5484
16th April 2010, 18:38
-pacaveli211

The Windows version is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (sorry, I forgot to include the 7). I have tried older versions of ffdshow; I will keep trying, working with the newest to oldest versions to see if one ffdshow version might work. I always clear the ripbot temp dir.

Thanks for your suggestions...

-mcurtis5484
try removing first and then reinstalling your ffdshow, possibly install an older version/build, make sure your ripbot temp dir is cleared out too
also you should tell us which version of windows, not just "Windows Professional 64-bit" which could mean xp/vista/7 =P

-juramirez
maybe mine was just a fluke, you should give it a try a couple times. let everyone know if it works =)

MKVCrazy
16th April 2010, 18:58
hi, Atak.

Is it possible to have an installer for RipBot? I am using a server which doesn't have the Admin privileges to run portable .exe files and the server admin is willing to install the program if there's an executable file. Is it easy to make one?

EDIT: Would iexpress.exe do it? I don't know how to add the folders :\

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I made an installer myself it was so easy. :D

pacaveli211
16th April 2010, 19:49
-pacaveli211

The Windows version is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (sorry, I forgot to include the 7). I have tried older versions of ffdshow; I will keep trying, working with the newest to oldest versions to see if one ffdshow version might work. I always clear the ripbot temp dir.

Thanks for your suggestions...

yeah, I know when I had the same issue it was cuz of an ffdshow issue. yours might be something else though =\
just make sure you do a full uninstall prior to installing any of the other versions I'm currently running icl10 3305 on win7x64

dvgeek
16th April 2010, 22:03
Rather than install DirectX 9 he could not simply extract the d3dx9_30.dll from the DirectX 9 package?...

I did that - tried with both the 64 and 32 bit dll's in the windows\system32 folder.

Did some digging - I get the error serving an mpeg2 video - vanilla avs file (video.d2v) - to X264. Once I click ok though, x264 starts the encode. Because of this I can't run any batch jobs as I have to manually click the ok button before x264 starts encoding every time.

Puzzled -(

UPDATE: Figured it out - the 64bit dll goes into the SysWOW64 directory. Now everything works!!!

soneca
16th April 2010, 23:41
That's it.:cool:
32 bit > windows\system32
64 bir > windows\sysWOW64

MKVCrazy
17th April 2010, 00:16
It requires Admin privileges to run everytime? I don't have the Administrator access but the it's installed on the computer. How do I disable it to ask me for Admin password every time I run it in a user mode ??

Atak_Snajpera
17th April 2010, 12:12
That's it.
32 bit > windows\system32
64 bir > windows\sysWOW64
wrong!

64bit -> windows\system32
32bit -> windows\sysWOW64

@MKVCrazy
resourcehacker (reshacker.exe)

soneca
17th April 2010, 13:52
You're right!

I changed everything.:o

SysWOW64 folder are the 32bit dll's ... Windows 7 64-bit does this to maintain compatibility with 32-bit programs.
When a program runs 32-bit and requires a DLL from the old system32 directory, it directs to the SysWOW64.
I do not understand this logic from Microsoft ...:confused:

MKVCrazy
17th April 2010, 15:39
wrong!

64bit -> windows\system32
32bit -> windows\sysWOW64

@MKVCrazy
resourcehacker (reshacker.exe)

I don't understand how to modify it. Can you guide me how to make RipBot run without the need for Admin password? For example, there is a shield icon (which probably means, it requires admin privileges) and I want to take it out.

http://i42.tinypic.com/zl5b36.jpg

stryker412
17th April 2010, 15:54
Has anyone been able to convert episodes of "Star Wars: Clone Wars" animated series? Ripbot can't seem to identify the correct playlist when loading one of the m2ts files.

Atak_Snajpera
17th April 2010, 18:08
@MKVCrazy
1) decompress exe with UPX (upx.exe -d "RipBot264.exe")
2) Open decompressed .exe in Resource Hacker
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6406/new1he.png
3) save

Warning! Do not complain if you will be getting errors and something will not work at all!

MKVCrazy
17th April 2010, 19:56
Ok, it works. I did like what you said and I don't need the Admin pass all the time when I run it. But there's a little errror message and I don't know what it means though. I'm not complaining but I'm just wondering if I should be concern about that error? I convert AVI tv epsiodes into MP4 for my iPod and PSP. If I should be concerned then, I might undo everything.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2j13e6w.jpg

EDIT: Looks like it's being prevented by something when touching the Windows registry, must be my side.

EDIT 2: Due to I'm not an admin, that's why I see that message even though RipBot runs. :( It'll stuck at "Gathering information ...." Do you know anyway to bypass this?

stryker412
17th April 2010, 20:50
@Atak I had someone else answer me on another forum about the "Clone Wars" TV show. Check this out, Lucasfilm is being slick.

If you plan to remux this you will have real fun doing it.

When you run eac3to on it it shows this:

c:\eac3to317>eac3to e:\
1) 00001.mpls, 00099.m2ts, 0:15:02
- VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
That is the ONLY playlist that shows up.

I had to hunt down the .mpls that showed the actual playlist and found that the "Play All" is listed on 00020.mpls but I found another surprise:

c:\eac3to317>eac3to e:\bdmv\playlist\00200.mpls
1) 00200.mpls, 2:41:03
[95+96+97+96+98+96+99+96+101+96+102+96+103+96].m2ts
- Chapters, 35 chapters
- VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- AC3, English, multi-channel, 48khz
- AC3, French, multi-channel, 48khz
- AC3, German, multi-channel, 48khz
- AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48khz
- AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48khz
- AC3, Japanese, multi-channel, 48khz
Do you see that repeating 00096.m2ts file? Well, that little sucker is a 5 minute copyright placecard...yes, 5 minutes repeated after each episode.

Even if you decide to leave it in place and just skip it with the "Next Chapter" button (if you include chapters) you will find that those 5 minute files really screw up the synch for each episode after it. The first episode is fine but later on it gets worse and worse.

The only way to do it is to remux each individual episode as its own file. At least you know the correct order by looking at the mpls file.

8ternity
18th April 2010, 05:42
I don't understand how to modify it. Can you guide me how to make RipBot run without the need for Admin password? For example, there is a shield icon (which probably means, it requires admin privileges) and I want to take it out.

http://i42.tinypic.com/zl5b36.jpg

I Recommand you to do these in Windows 7.

The "Method 1" is enough normally, it work for me!

Method 1: Disable and Turnoff UAC in Windows 7 from Control Panel
1. Access User Control Panel from Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account

2. Click on
User Account Control settings link.

3. Move the Slider to Never Notify

4. Click OK to make the change effective

5. Reboot.

SourcE: http://www.blogsdna.com/1815/how-to-disable-uac-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7-beta-1-build-7000.htm

Your not obligated to do the method 2 and above...

About....

Ok, it works. I did like what you said and I don't need the Admin pass all the time when I run it. But there's a little errror message and I don't know what it means though. I'm not complaining but I'm just wondering if I should be concern about that error? I convert AVI tv epsiodes into MP4 for my iPod and PSP. If I should be concerned then, I might undo everything.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2j13e6w.jpg

EDIT 2: Due to I'm not an admin, that's why I see that message even though RipBot runs. :( It'll stuck at "Gathering information ...." Do you know anyway to bypass this?

Try this. Edit ripbot264.ini configs with notepad.exe;
Changes the RED Quoted values to empty; (Ex: DefaultEncodingMode=CQ to DefaultEncodingMode= )

-settings-
// TEMP=uses System temp ; AUTO = selects the biggest partition ; C , D ... uses specific partition
StoreTempFilesin=E:
KeepJobsQueue=1
---------------------
DefaultProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles
DefaultEncodingMode=CQ
DefaultModeValue=22
---------------------
//Directory must exists!!! D:\movies\ is correct but D:\movies is incorrect!
DefaultOutputPath=E:\BLURAY\
---------------------
// allowed values are mp4, mkv or bluray
DefaultContainer=bluray
---------------------
// in GiB (1GiB=1024 MiB) , 0 = no splitting
SplitM2TS=0
---------------------
FastFirstPassin2passMode=1
---------------------
//AnyDVD DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray decryptor will be automatically activated with RipBot264
ExecuteAnyDVD=0
---------------------
x264LowPriority=1
---------------------
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. up to 10% faster encoding speed.
Usex264x64=1

Remove the value "CQ" and the "22" and left empty.

Retry and give some news. I has freezing "Gathering Informations" if i set to 2-Pass; i don't know why, but it has resolve my issue by changing the value to empty.

Good Luck!

8ternity
18th April 2010, 05:58
Atak - Have been using Ripbot for over a year - great program!

Got a weird error today! This is what I had done:
Started RipBot264, selected my video file, waited for stream extraction, etc., adjusted parameters for AVS file (deinterlace, crop, resixe, etc.), then clicked on Done and got the error message "AVS2AVI.EXE - Program cant start because d3dx9_30.dll is missing from your computer"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/aboutGFW/pages/directx.aspx

Direct Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Good luck!

ricky man
18th April 2010, 17:10
hi. i have installed the latest version of ripbot, ffdshow , splitter and java. When i try to run it, it says that i dont have the latest version of splitter installed. also when i try to edit the ini files, i donot see the "checksoftwareupdate" line on it?

i get the splitter on this sites: http://haali.su/mkv/

pacaveli211
18th April 2010, 17:38
ricky man - the 'latest' haali is not what's required for ripbot, when you attempt to open ripbot it should give you a link to d/l the needed haali
and the software check bypass no longer seems to work in the ini, even if you add the line manually

8ternity
18th April 2010, 23:44
hi. i have installed the latest version of ripbot, ffdshow , splitter and java. When i try to run it, it says that i dont have the latest version of splitter installed. also when i try to edit the ini files, i donot see the "checksoftwareupdate" line on it?

i get the splitter on this sites: http://haali.su/mkv/

Uninstall haali and take this one:
MatroskaSplitter110109

Download here:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Haali_Media_Splitter/old-versions

juramirez
19th April 2010, 17:24
-juramirez

Tried it a couple of times over the weekend. Worked like a charm. :) Didn't try sleep, just hibernate, though.

CyberTron88
20th April 2010, 09:43
Thinking of changing my current Intel Q9300.

Does anyone knows if these AMD cpu is comparable in speed or faster to my current Intel Q9300 for running ripbot264 assuming no overclocking?

AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9Ghz
AMD Phenom II X4 945 3Ghz

Platform : Windows 7 x64 4GB memory

Atak_Snajpera
20th April 2010, 11:50
It will be cheaper if you just overclock q9300 to 3ghz (400x7.5). I have Q6600 (2.4Ghz) in old 60nm and I have absolutely no problems at 3Ghz with default voltage. Yours is even better because it is in smaller process 45nm.

Lighto
20th April 2010, 12:00
Started dual booting with XP, got this error message;
DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
(C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

Any idea what's wrong?