PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pacaveli211
28th February 2010, 19:17
It would be awesome if I could rip dual audio into an mkv, but it doesn't seem to support it :(

muxing another audio track in with mkvmerge would only take a couple minutes

Atak_Snajpera
28th February 2010, 20:37
@Lighto
probably you don't have test.idx file in the same folder

WildTexasChef
1st March 2010, 00:38
ok to follow up, the conversion is finished...actually only took 10h:30m:04s !!

The original file size was 19.6 GB, the final size after completion is 3.71 GB :eek:

wow, im impressed...didnt take as long as I first thought, and compressed below 5GB! insane.

The file plays fine but I have not given a run though my 50" plasma, but from the looks on my 19" LCD monitor quality seems fine? :)

That much compression is cool on smaller monitors. You will have to test the quality on your 50". For me the quality sucks when it gets that much compression. Then again you might find it good enough for your needs too.

Nice thing about ripbot.. (Now that I have figured it out better with a little help) you can adjust the quality settings, which also will have a direct effect on the file size too.

TGC/WTC

WildTexasChef
1st March 2010, 00:50
I have done a search. But either I am not searching on the right "keyword" or something because I haven't found much. Now I am just more confused than ever.

So if someone can either help me understand this, or provide a link that will explain it better I would be appreciative.

In the Profile "settings" box that pulls up when you click on the "..." box next to profile You get a box with all sorts of settings to adjust.

So what is: What does it mean?

Deblocking Strength Deblocking Sensitivity

M.E. Algorithm Subpixel Refinement

Macroblock Options of
PSXS, SSXS, I4X4 P4X4 and 8X8DCT

The rest of it I know i need to leave alone except for what is:
Weighten B prediction
Weighten P prediction
AVCHD compatibility
Dadptive Quant.

Thanks

TGC/WTC

fantasmanegro
1st March 2010, 17:04
I have done a search. But either I am not searching on the right "keyword" or something because I haven't found much. Now I am just more confused than ever.

So if someone can either help me understand this, or provide a link that will explain it better I would be appreciative.

In the Profile "settings" box that pulls up when you click on the "..." box next to profile You get a box with all sorts of settings to adjust.

So what is: What does it mean?

Deblocking Strength Deblocking Sensitivity

M.E. Algorithm Subpixel Refinement

Macroblock Options of
PSXS, SSXS, I4X4 P4X4 and 8X8DCT

The rest of it I know i need to leave alone except for what is:
Weighten B prediction
Weighten P prediction
AVCHD compatibility
Dadptive Quant.

Thanks

TGC/WTC

you can check it on this page

http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

Abdur Rafi
1st March 2010, 18:15
how i install latest x264 version in the RipBot264?

fantasmanegro
2nd March 2010, 03:59
how i install latest x264 version in the RipBot264?

just overwrite the x264.exe file on RipBot264\Tools\x264 folder, but remember, new release = new changes

good luck!

Shuichiro
2nd March 2010, 09:16
Can someone please provide me with a link to a new version of x264 that is working with Ripbot. I have tried JEEB and Komi but Ripbot just stopped after encoding the audio. Thanks for any help.

Wishbringer
2nd March 2010, 10:38
but remember, new release = new changes

I have tried JEEB and Komi but Ripbot just stopped after encoding the audio.

e.g. --nal-hrd "vbr" in profiles

Komisar builds work if you change profiles. Haven't tested JEEB's, but should work too.

Macota
2nd March 2010, 22:10
Is there anyway to get around the program check? I want to try ffdshow x64 but it won't allow me. I read that it could be edited in the inf but that has since been removed.

Edit: Or should I just stick with all x86 apps (ffdshow, avisynth, haali media splitter) even though I am on Windows 7 x64?

Thanks

Shuichiro
3rd March 2010, 02:59
e.g. --nal-hrd "vbr" in profiles

Komisar builds work if you change profiles. Haven't tested JEEB's, but should work too.

Thank you for the reply. But now I am unsure if I just should add "vbr" or replace hdr with vbr...? ^^

Wishbringer
3rd March 2010, 07:18
I am unsure if I just should add "vbr" or replace hdr with vbr...?

Explaination of x264 settings (http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings)

formerly "--nal-hrd" was only a switch, when not added, no infos were written into stream.
now "--nal-hrd" has two options: "vbr" or "cbr".
so you have to correct old settings of "--nal-hrd" to "--nal-hrd vbr" in profile text file in the profiles folder.

cwerdna
3rd March 2010, 09:29
From my earlier post at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1374626#post1374626, thanks to Atak for solving my judder problems on one show. There are still unsolved judder problems w/the White House Revealed ep but I'll tackle that later. (I'm on Ripbot264 v1.15.0.)

I'm still using the same workflow (kmttg to transfer shows from Tivo HD to my PC, resulting in decrypted .mpg files) and I'm now trying to archive some 720p content recorded from NGC HD channel, specifically http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/ultimate-factories/4541/Overview and http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/ultimate-factories/4904/Overview.

I'm again using [HIGH 4.0] profile, 2-pass encoding and locking size to 2230 MB, and selected X.X COPY stream and creating AVCHDs that I burn w/ImgBurn to play on my PS3.

The video looks fine and there's no judder and audio sync seems fine at the beginning. However, if I skip say 20 minutes into the show, there are SERIOUS audio sync problems. It's off by at least 10 seconds at that point and it happens w/both shows.

Now what?

The (1080i) content where Atak solved my problem with was a Star Trek: Enterprise ep recorded from HDNet. It has no commercials and the resulting AVCHD has perfect audio sync, even at the end. They fade out to what would be a break (when it airs elsewhere) and fade in again w/the next act.

The NGC content DOES have commercials. Could there be audio glitches/changeovers during the commercials causing probs?

Does RipBot264 only use the tools that are in its Tools directory or could I be running into DLL hell? The only significant things that I've installed on this machine (running Vista Home Premium) after "installing" Ripbot264 are T2Sami and multiAVCHD.

(I did also add subtitles via .srt files from t2sami and doubt they're causing problems but haven't re-transcoded w/o them yet, as a test.)

RipBot264_lover
3rd March 2010, 10:21
Hi,

I use RipBot264 for the conversion of my DVD in mkv and I am completely satisfied by the features of this software.

However, I would like to have some precision on the version or the revision of the codec x264 used in the version 1.15.0.

The reason is the following one:

I downloaded the revision 1471 on the site x264.nl then registered the file by reappointing it correctly in the directory, RipBot264/Tools/x264/ then x264_x86.exe.

That does not work!

When I launch an encoding, I have all jobs finished, after few seconds...

Is there a particular procedure to change or update the version of the codec x264 ?

Sorry for my bad English... and thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Wishbringer
3rd March 2010, 10:40
Hi,
I downloaded the revision 1471 on the site x264.nl then registered the file by reappointing it correctly in the directory, RipBot264/Tools/x264/ then x264_x86.exe.
When I launch an encoding, I have all jobs finished, after few seconds...

First:
x264.nl files don't have nal-hrd patch, they are plain, so if you want to use that revision, you have to remove "--nal-hrd" entry in profiles text files in profiles folder.
But then you can't create AVCHD or Blu-Ray compilant files.

Second:
Download a nal-hrd patched version of x264, see thread here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=130364
Komisar builds are good, others too.
Then read my post two entries before!
You have to change profiles txt files in profiles folder manually.
--nal-hrd switch has changed.

Overall:
Reading the log would point that error out too.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd March 2010, 14:01
@cwerdna
If your footage contains commercials then you should remove them using Transport Stream Packet Editor. Make sure you cut at KEY FRAMES!

stasi
3rd March 2010, 14:57
Can we now use the new Matroska Splitter released on 19/12/2009? A few weeks ago Atak said to use the older version (Atak´s post on the first page, but the warning is missing now).

detr0yt
3rd March 2010, 16:51
Hello there... first and mostly this prog. is superior! I have a quick ?. I have a i7 water cooled rig thats running at 4.2 ghz flawlessly on windows 7 64 bit. with a ati 4890 as well. My ? is that back 3 months ago my rig was flying through making my back ups.... now it doesnt seem to fly as it use to... im making CQ 18/1080 .mp4 with the base profile of 4.1 and having trellis set to enhanced to stream with my bd 3600 sammy. i was just reading through 2 pages ago. and notice someone saying something about rip bot not using the x264 64 bit? i was understood from my reading that this is a default, or am i wrong? i also may have not used the 4.1 profile nor the enhanced trellis back then... do these two factors really make that much of a differnce? my rips now take 4 1/2 hours when i remember doing them in under 2... or am i just being greedy? I guess basically back then i remember my fps were in the mid to high 20's now there always in 10 or below :-( thanks from Detroit!

cwerdna
3rd March 2010, 18:53
@cwerdna
If your footage contains commercials then you should remove them using Transport Stream Packet Editor. Make sure you cut at KEY FRAMES!
Oh no! :( Are commercials known to cause problems for x264? I don't personally care that commercials are included in my recordings and am trying to minimize the amount of work needed to archive TV shows I want to keep.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd March 2010, 18:58
Oh no! Are commercials known to cause problems for x264?
every .ts file should be prepared in TSPE. Commercials = waste of space and time. Also commercials use 2.0 which means problems.

cwerdna
3rd March 2010, 21:12
every .ts file should be prepared in TSPE. Commercials = waste of space and time. Also commercials use 2.0 which means problems.
Darn! I'm trying to simplify workflow.

I personally don't care at all about the "wasted" space and time. It's a waste of time for me to have to do more steps and monkeying around.

But, if it's necessary to solve audio sync problems then I might have to bite the bullet or find something else to preprocess/cleanup the input files.

(If we only had standalone recorders that do what I'm trying to achieve. Before TiVo HD, I archived my standard def content from DirecTiVo using a standalone DVD recorder via s-video in. I just start playing the show and pressed a few buttons to have the recorder go for 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. The results were fine but alas, only standard def.)

BTW, I appreciate your help and that work you did on the app. I hope I haven't come across too harshly. I've just been frustrated by the amount of research, discoveries, lots of trial and error that this has turned into. (experiments w/Handbrake and ffmpeg, reading up on various x264 builds, outputting to various formats, trying to create something playable on my Xbox 360 and PS3 w/5.1 audio, creating discs that had no sound, etc.)

I'm just trying to archive some high def TV shows to disc. There's no way an "average Joe" computer user could figure this all out. (I've done tech support for 2 years in college before so I know the "average" user.)

stasi
4th March 2010, 16:28
Hey Atak,

what about to use the --zones parameter? I mean, I want to tell Ripbot to use different settings in the last zone, eg. the last 4-5 minutes of a movie (in most cases the credits aren´t important), so x264 encodes the credits with lower quality (q=22, all filters off...) to save space and time. I could use this when I manually edit the CMD´s, but with Ripbot this step is more comfortable.

Just an idea.

Atak_Snajpera
4th March 2010, 16:36
I wouldn't bother. x264 encoder is smart. It knows how to adjust bitrate according to scene complexity.

Macota
4th March 2010, 21:40
Hey, thank you very much for putting this program together, the time you have put into it!

:thanks:

Danj
6th March 2010, 07:34
I'm having a problem with ripbot264, when it is muxing the output file, mp4box crashes at "Importing AAC 97/100". I uninstalled all codec packs and installed the latest avisynth, ffdshow, haali media splitter, and I also used "run as administrator" to start ripbot. The job log doesn't appear to be showing any errors. My OS is Windows 7 x64 and the computer I'm running this on is an i7 720-QM with 6GB RAM and plenty of HDD space. I did search this thread but could not find any solution already posted, other than the suggestion to use an alternative app for the muxing step. I tried using mp4muxer to do the muxing step as someone suggested and it appears to work, but when seeking in the output file, if I take too big of a jump, the audio cuts out and does not come back no matter where else I seek to. So e.g. if I seek to a point 5 minutes in then it's fine, but if I try to jump to the middle of the movie there's no audio, and if I then go back to the 5 minute mark there is no audio there either.

Tolham
6th March 2010, 14:05
DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv:
The system cannot find the file specified.
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

i've uninstalled/reinstalled avisynth, ffdshow, and haali media splitter. i'm using the ffdshow from atak's mediafire link.

is there a specific version of something i'm supposed to be using? i grabbed the latest versions of each from the links provided in ripbot's list of tools.

hoju3508
6th March 2010, 17:51
What OS (XP, Vista, or Win7)? Is it a VC-1 movie?

Macota
6th March 2010, 18:32
I have a question about HD audio. Can you get 5.1 HD audio playback by using RipBot?

After ripping my movies with AnyDVD HD to HDD, I run RipBot and select the largest file. When it is done analyzing, I select the HD audio track and let it demux. After that I select AVCHD, 2-Pass, lock size 8150, [HIGH 4.0] HD . BlurRay . Consoles and lastly x.x C O P Y S T R E A M.

Once the file is created, I try to play it through TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum (Xonar HDAV 1.3 through HDMI to a Denon 2310CI). HDMI is enabled and pass-through is set.

When I play a direct rip from a Blu-Ray, TMT3 does in fact bitstream HD Audio. When I play from the RipBot AVCHD file, TMT3 information just reports LPCM 4500kbps. Even when I select to output it as LPCM it still sends two channel audio. I have to select DTS or Dolby mixing to get 5.1 audio.

I know that is probably too much info and I dont expect you to know about TMT3. I am just wondering if the way I setup RipBot is correct and if that should provide me with 5.1 HD audio. If so, TMT3 is the problem and I need to find another way to bitstream the audio.

Edit: One more question. If I were to select FLAC before demuxing, say for a file I wanted as small as possible, does RipBot actually convert HD audio into FLAC or is that tic box just for extracting audio that was already converted to FLAC?

Atak_Snajpera
6th March 2010, 18:47
By default TrueHD/DTS-MA is decompressed to .wav. If you select FLAC then instead of .wav you get .flac.

When I play a direct rip from a Blu-Ray, TMT3 does in fact bitstream HD Audio. When I play from the RipBot AVCHD file, TMT3 information just reports LPCM 4500kbps. Even when I select to output it as LPCM it still sends two channel audio. I have to select DTS or Dolby mixing to get 5.1 audio.

It is not my fault that your equipment does not accept multichannel uncompressed audio.

Tolham
6th March 2010, 19:14
What OS (XP, Vista, or Win7)? Is it a VC-1 movie?

win7 x64, vc-1 with dts-hd.

the movie is Mystic River.

Macota
6th March 2010, 19:33
By default TrueHD/DTS-MA is decompressed to .wav. If you select FLAC then instead of .wav you get .flac.

It is not my fault that your equipment does not accept multichannel uncompressed audio.

Why so defensive? I was just asking a question.

I did NOT say it was your fault. I was just asking if RipBot was supposed to be providing 5.1 untouched HD, which it doesn't as you said.

My equipment does accept multichannel uncompressed audio, it's this freaking Xonar card that is giving me all the headaches ... that or the TMT3. I can't figure out which is the culprit.

Atak_Snajpera
6th March 2010, 20:35
Whoever has Blu-Ray player please test this sample AVCHD. It was encoded with latest x264 with 1.32 HRD patch. I need to know if it works without any problems on your blu-ray player especially Panasonic BD35. I'm still delaying new version because of this patch. I still don't know if it is already safe to use.

NEW LINK!:
http://www.mediafire.com/?egmmmj1iwnz

soneca
6th March 2010, 20:56
Winrar failed in time to unpack this file.
I re-download.

Atak_Snajpera
6th March 2010, 21:07
I will re-upload

Macota
6th March 2010, 21:08
Whoever has Blu-Ray player please test this sample AVCHD. It was encoded with latest x264 with 1.32 HRD patch. I need to know if it works without any problems on your blu-ray player especially Panasonic BD35. I'm still delaying new version because of this patch. I still don't know if it is already safe to use.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwwn1ny0yol

I am downloading that file now to test for you. I dont have a Panasonic but have a PS3 and Samsung BD-C5500. Will let you know.

I figured out the multichannel functionality on the Xonar card so I am good to go there.

Going back to my previous question and your answer, I just want to make sure I understand you. I am still learning all this so please bare with me. When you say it is decompressed to .wav does that infer that it is decoded?

I dont know how it works so could use an explanation from anyone willing to give one. Googling is just leaving me more confused.

Either way, IF RipBot is providing decoded audio, is it a chance in the future it will allow encoded audio for bitstreaming? Is this even possible?

Thanks for whatever info you can give.

Edit: Yeah I couldnt extract it either. Says 00000.m2ts file is broken under stream and playlist as well 00000.mpls is broken.

soneca
6th March 2010, 21:09
Ok,

The file is corrupted...

Atak_Snajpera
6th March 2010, 21:26
Try again
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1380661#post1380661

Blackwalker
6th March 2010, 21:46
hi all again and sorry for my english,
maybe this question is already answered (so sorry), but i need "just a little" help!
Which version, using windows 7 64bit, should i use of ffdshow? "Possibly a version compatible with tversity", plz!
(i read that i have to install both 32 e 64 bit version)

hope in your help! :)
thx again for your great work Atak!
bye :)

soneca
6th March 2010, 21:49
PS3 played correctly!

Macota
6th March 2010, 21:50
PS3 played correctly!

Same for my PS3 Slim and Samsung.

hoju3508
6th March 2010, 23:19
Try again
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1380661#post1380661

Worked on my Sony BDP-S350.

ziemlichdunkel
7th March 2010, 00:31
Just tried the newest version of ripbot on win7 64bit, installed ffdshow, haali & avisynth but no matter which movie I choose for input (mostly mkv with AC3 /DTS audio) the audio tab always says "no audio" and in the dropdown is no other choice. :confused:

Any Idea???

(Alread de/reinstalled the required software multiple times)

stasi
7th March 2010, 05:00
Just tried the newest version of ripbot on win7 64bit, installed ffdshow, haali & avisynth but no matter which movie I choose for input (mostly mkv with AC3 /DTS audio) the audio tab always says "no audio" and in the dropdown is no other choice. :confused:

Any Idea???

(Alread de/reinstalled the required software multiple times)

Delete the "locale" folder under "\tools\mkvtoolnix\".

Try to open a MKV that is stored directly in C: or D:
ä,ö,ü,ß... in folder and filenames are not allowed.

Blackwalker
7th March 2010, 05:59
hi all again and sorry for my english,
maybe this question is already answered (so sorry), but i need "just a little" help!
Which version, using windows 7 64bit, should i use of ffdshow? "Possibly a version compatible with tversity", plz!
(i read that i have to install both 32 e 64 bit version)

hope in your help! :)
thx again for your great work Atak!
bye :)

ok i see someone suggest to use the CLSID version.
What change if someone use the XXL version?
thx

Discoboy
7th March 2010, 08:54

NEW LINK!:
http://www.mediafire.com/?egmmmj1iwnz

Hi Atak,

Your sample AVCHD download (with latest x264 patch with latest 1.32 HRD) = OK Panasonic BD35 SAP playability ;)

The above result is now very interesting since any version of jdobbs BD Rebuilder using x284 r1442 or later with the nal-hrd patches v1.31 and v1.32 will not produce a playable AVCHD on my Panasonic BD35 SAP

Was this sample made running through your latest version of RipBot264 or just a standalone x264 encode?

I look forward to the new version of RipBot264 to test out for you.....

HammerJoe
7th March 2010, 09:30
What is the last version of RipBot that doesnt require Java or is there a way to disable the JAVA requirement to run with RipBot 1.15??
Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2010, 09:46
Was this sample made running through your latest version of RipBot264 or just a standalone x264 encode?
Ripbot264 with default level 4.0 profile + latest 264.exe

What is the last version of RipBot that doesnt require Java or is there a way to disable the JAVA requirement to run with RipBot 1.15??
what do you have against JAVA?

ok i see someone suggest to use the CLSID version.
What change if someone use the XXL version?
Frankly it does not matter which version you use... Both use the same sources.

Woqini
7th March 2010, 11:07
This little tool is a masterpiece. I have been using Megui, Handbrake, Staxrip, DVDfab, AutoGK and several others. Ripbot is my new favorite. Koudos to the programmer :)

The only thing i'm missing is a function to automatically determine the aspect ration when resizing a DVD. I still have to use DVDfab for this. It would be nice to have it in Ripbot.

Oh, i forgot ... the danish characters in the filenames are garbled. æ, ø and å doesn't work.

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2010, 11:36
The only thing i'm missing is a function to automatically determine the aspect ration when resizing a DVD. I still have to use DVDfab for this. It would be nice to have it in Ripbot.
What??
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2126/new1h.png

ziemlichdunkel
7th March 2010, 11:41
Delete the "locale" folder under "\tools\mkvtoolnix\".

Try to open a MKV that is stored directly in C: or D:
ä,ö,ü,ß... in folder and filenames are not allowed.

Tried both now without success, still no audio selectable... :confused:

In the job-folder I can see mkvinfo.txt where the audio is shown,
getinfo.avs, job1.avs, getframe.avs -> have all the following line in it: "DirectShowSource("C:\sample.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()"

Getinfo.avs seems to write the info for audio and video into the info.txt, but adiorate, channels and length is filled with a single zero each.

Hope someone can help, I really have no idea what's the reason for this???

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2010, 11:44
show me mkvinfo.txt

HammerJoe
7th March 2010, 13:20
Nothing, I just dont want it installed on my machines.
Could you tell me which version of RipBot works without Java installed?

Woqini
7th March 2010, 13:50
What??
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2126/new1h.png

Oops, didn't see that one. I used the other custom ...

Ok, then i need support for subtitles ripping. Right now i use Vsrip to create idx and sub and then load them into Ripbot, but it would be nice to have that function "built in".

It works with Bluray, but not DVD - or am i missing something .... again ... :)

ziemlichdunkel
7th March 2010, 15:04
show me mkvinfo.txt

unfortunately it's in german, hope it helps anyway (don't know how to change that)

+ EBML-Kopf
|+ Dokumententyp: matroska
|+ Dokumententyp Version: 1
|+ Dokumententyp Leseversion: 1
+ Segment, Größe 10875028933
|+ Seek-Kopf (Untereinträge werden ausgelassen)
|+ EbmlVoid (Größe: 4025)
|+ Segment-Information
| + Zeitstempelskalierungsfaktor: 1000000
| + Muxeranwendung: libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
| + Schreibende Anwendung: mkvmerge v2.1.0 ('Another Place To Fall') built on Aug 19 2007 13:40:07
| + Dauer: 7659.168s (02:07:39.168)
| + Datum: Thu Jun 05 16:03:51 2008 UTC
| + Segment-UID: 0x93 0xab 0xe9 0x0e 0x11 0x7e 0x09 0xee 0xbd 0xcb 0x56 0x62 0x20 0x95 0xa7 0x9e
|+ Segment-Tracks
| + Ein Track
| + Tracknummer: 1
| + Track UID: 3947194240
| + Tracktyp: video
| + Aktiv: 1
| + Standardtrack-Flag: 1
| + Flag für erzwungene Anzeige: 0
| + Flag für Paketbündelung: 0
| + MinCache: 1
| + Zeitstempelskalierungsfaktor: 1
| + Maximale BlockAddition ID: 0
| + Codec-ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
| + Codec alle frames decodieren: 1
| + private Codecdaten, Länge 39
| + Standarddauer: 41.708ms (23.976 Bilder pro Sekunde im Falle eines Videotracks)
| + Sprache: und
| + Name: Video
| + Video-Track
| + Pixelbreite: 1920
| + Pixelhöhe: 800
| + Interlaced: 0
| + Anzeigebreite: 1920
| + Anzeigehöhe: 800
| + Ein Track
| + Tracknummer: 2
| + Track UID: 1688420257
| + Tracktyp: audio
| + Standardtrack-Flag: 1
| + Flag für Paketbündelung: 1
| + MinCache: 0
| + Codec-ID: A_AC3
| + Standarddauer: 32.000ms (31.250 Bilder pro Sekunde im Falle eines Videotracks)
| + Sprache: ger
| + Name: German
| + Audio track
| + Abtastrate: 48000
| + Kanäle: 6
| + Ein Track
| + Tracknummer: 3
| + Track UID: 2273993347
| + Tracktyp: audio
| + Standardtrack-Flag: 0
| + Flag für Paketbündelung: 1
| + MinCache: 0
| + Codec-ID: A_AC3
| + Standarddauer: 32.000ms (31.250 Bilder pro Sekunde im Falle eines Videotracks)
| + Sprache: eng
| + Name: English
| + Audio track
| + Abtastrate: 48000
| + Kanäle: 6
|+ EbmlVoid (Größe: 1024)
|+ Cluster

Discoboy
7th March 2010, 15:15
Can we now use the new Matroska Splitter released on 19/12/2009? A few weeks ago Atak said to use the older version (Atak´s post on the first page, but the warning is missing now).

Hi Atak,

Please can advise on this question above? :thanks:

twazerty
7th March 2010, 15:49
RipBot keeps messing with my ffdshow settings. I have my own decoders selected and I don't want to use the settings RipBot uses. Can you make an option to disable auto configuration of ffdshow?

Edit: v1.15.0

Blackwalker
7th March 2010, 15:51
Ripbot264 with default level 4.0 profile + latest 264.exe

Frankly it does not matter which version you use... Both use the same sources.

ok, i'm using the CLSID version now but i can't play m2ts files
with VC-1 with wmp or wmp classic!?!?

maybe i have to set in the ffdshow filter to use "libavcodec" insted of "wmv9"?

thx for your answer atak

7th March 2010, 15:54
Atak,
I have searched and searched this forum - I am running v1.15.0 for quite some time and would like to know where this (check box) for 5.1 downmix is located?

Thanks in advance

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2010, 15:56
@ziemlichdunkel
delete tools/mkvtoolnix folder

extract this file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/devyzzlcddh/mkvtoolnix.7z
to /tools folder

@3408
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6216/new1g.png

Please can advise on this question above?
yes if you want to have the same problems as Blackwalker has

I have my own decoders selected and I don't want to use the settings RipBot uses.
what decoders?

twazerty
7th March 2010, 16:27
what decoders?

I use libavcodec for H264, VC and MPEG2 but RipBot sets them to the following settings each time I run RipBot:
H264: ffmpeg-mt
VC1: wmv9
MPEG2: libavcodec.

7th March 2010, 16:37
@ziemlichdunkel

extract this file
to /tools folder

@3408

what decoders?

Thanks Again Atak - Would you recommend running Ripbot on Vista 64 or Win 7 64 and would i benefit at all from my current OS XP 32 BIT?

fyi - I am a quad core 6600 - clocked to 3.0ghz and i usually see around high 20's FPS 1st pass and 10'S Second pass

ziemlichdunkel
7th March 2010, 16:58
@ziemlichdunkel

extract this file
to /tools folder

Just tried it but still no audio selectable :confused:

Atak_Snajpera
7th March 2010, 16:59
you will have to send me 50mb sample to www.mediafire.com. use dgsplit 1.1

@twazerty
h264: ffmpeg-mt is multithreaded. libavcodec is not!
vc-1: wmv9 supports interlaced vc-1 . libavcodec supports only progressive vc-1!

Macota
7th March 2010, 17:48
Is it on your map to allow untouched encoded hd audio in a future version?

twazerty
7th March 2010, 18:09
you will have to send me 50mb sample to www.mediafire.com. use dgsplit 1.1

@twazerty
h264: ffmpeg-mt is multithreaded. libavcodec is not!
vc-1: wmv9 supports interlaced vc-1 . libavcodec supports only progressive vc-1!

Thanx, going to change that in AVCHDCoder :)

Blackwalker
7th March 2010, 19:04
@ziemlichdunkel

extract this file
to /tools folder

@3408

what decoders?

what you mean with this:
???

this is what i ask before:
i can't play m2ts files
with VC-1 with wmp or wmp classic!?!?

maybe i have to set in the ffdshow filter to use "libavcodec" insted of "wmv9"?

can somone give me a hand?
I recently reinstalled all the OS, windows 7 64bit.
Before i was able to play file "m2ts" with VC-1, so i dont know
what to think about! :confused:

i'll set for VC-1: wmv9 but still cannot play the movie!
damn...

stasi
7th March 2010, 20:08
unfortunately it's in german, hope it helps anyway (don't know how to change that)

That is exactly the same error i got a few weeks ago. I resolved it by deleting the "locale" folder. Do you have installed mkvtoolnix? Please deinstall, and delete the registry entry of mkvtoolnix (search for it).

ARE YOU REALLY SURE THERE IS NO GERMAN UMLAUT IN THE FOLDER OR FILENAME YOU WANT TO ADD? JUST TRIED IT WITH "Tränen der Sonne" -> NO AUDIO, RENAMED IT TO "Traenen der Sonne" -> AUDIO WORKS

stasi
7th March 2010, 20:23
what you mean with this:

???

this is what i ask before:

can somone give me a hand?
I recently reinstalled all the OS, windows 7 64bit.
Before i was able to play file "m2ts" with VC-1, so i dont know
what to think about! :confused:

i'll set for VC-1: wmv9 but still cannot play the movie!
damn...

Install Media Player Classic HOME CINEMA, goto Options->Internal Filters->Transform Filters, activate "VC1 (FFmpeg)" and open your m2ts file. This worked for me.

gohamstergo
8th March 2010, 00:05
Is it on your map to allow untouched encoded hd audio in a future version?

nope, atak has stated before he thinks HD audio is pointless

Macota
8th March 2010, 01:43
nope, atak has stated before he thinks HD audio is pointless

Hrm, ok. Wonder why he thinks that, I would like to know so I could understand his side of it.

Thanks for the reply! :)

Mr. Monte
8th March 2010, 04:09
Just tried Ripbot last night for the first time.

I have a question. I am encoding a DVD-VIDEO (MPEG 2) to MKV. I pointed Ripbot to the Video_TS. RIpbot indexed the files and came up with the proper info streams. I went through and auto-cropped, selected copy audio.

However, I did not see the available subtitles to select to put in my MKV container. Where is the option for DVD video? I think I've seen it when encoding Blu-Rays...but did not see it for DVD-VIDEO

TIA :thanks:

Balthazar2k4
8th March 2010, 04:34
Hrm, ok. Wonder why he thinks that, I would like to know so I could understand his side of it.

Thanks for the reply! :)

This has been discussed numerous times before. Atak is allowing the lossless conversion of HD audio (TrueHD, DTS-HD Master, PCM) to FLAC. FLAC is a more efficient compression container and in most instances saves space. Any PC can playback multichannel FLAC without breaking a sweat and the XBOX and PS3 can stream FLAC via most UPNP servers (I would recommend PS3 Media Server).

8th March 2010, 05:15
@ziemlichdunkel

extract this file
to /tools folder

@3408

what decoders?

Atak,
I downloaded and replaced the mkvtoolnix in tools and still do not get the checkbox..... What am i doing wrong?:)

http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/7109/aa478d71081604.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/aa478d71081604)

Balthazar2k4
8th March 2010, 08:56
Atak,
I downloaded and replaced the mkvtoolnix in tools and still do not get the checkbox..... What am i doing wrong?:)

http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/7109/aa478d71081604.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/aa478d71081604)

Maybe you have already answered this, but do you have the Arcsoft decoder installed? I see you are trying to convert DTS-HD MA to FLAC, without the decoder installed it will be impossible.

Edit: Probably should have read back a page to see what precisely was the problem. I see you are trying to do a 5.1 downmix, but the content you are converting is already 5.1. I don't think RipBot shows the 5.1 downmix option unless the content has more than 6 channels.

Woqini
8th March 2010, 09:17
Just tried Ripbot last night for the first time.

I have a question. I am encoding a DVD-VIDEO (MPEG 2) to MKV. I pointed Ripbot to the Video_TS. RIpbot indexed the files and came up with the proper info streams. I went through and auto-cropped, selected copy audio.

However, I did not see the available subtitles to select to put in my MKV container. Where is the option for DVD video? I think I've seen it when encoding Blu-Rays...but did not see it for DVD-VIDEO

TIA :thanks:

I miss that option for DVD too. It works for Bluray.

Blackwalker
8th March 2010, 10:38
Install Media Player Classic HOME CINEMA, goto Options->Internal Filters->Transform Filters, activate "VC1 (FFmpeg)" and open your m2ts file. This worked for me.

thx now it work! :)

i have another question.
Everytime i start decoding using RipBot i get this warnign windows:
http://utenti.multimania.it/BlackWalker/ripbot1.jpg

but the output looks ok.
Is it normal or i have something wrong in my settings??
thx!

8th March 2010, 14:39
Maybe you have already answered this, but do you have the Arcsoft decoder installed? I see you are trying to convert DTS-HD MA to FLAC, without the decoder installed it will be impossible.

Edit: Probably should have read back a page to see what precisely was the problem. I see you are trying to do a 5.1 downmix, but the content you are converting is already 5.1. I don't think RipBot shows the 5.1 downmix option unless the content has more than 6 channels.

Ohh I have read, I am not trying to convert flac.....

Didn't know DTS MA could come in 5.1.... I thought DTS MA was all 7.1?

Atak do I need the Arcsoft?

Or is my FFdshow need to be set to 7.1 or?

pacaveli211
8th March 2010, 20:34
DTS-HD MA just means uncompressed / lossless. I've seen it in 5.1/6.1/7.1

if you're going to downmix to DTS 1.5 just use tsmuxer (downconvert HD audio), or if you want to keep the original track just demux / mux it back in after encoding

9th March 2010, 02:12
DTS-HD MA just means uncompressed / lossless. I've seen it in 5.1/6.1/7.1

if you're going to downmix to DTS 1.5 just use tsmuxer (downconvert HD audio), or if you want to keep the original track just demux / mux it back in after encoding

Yes i use tsmuxer to downcovert to 5.1 sources then mux it back with Ripbot - I am trying to eliminate a step!

pacaveli211 does your 5.1 downmix checkbox show up on your ripbot? and have you used it?

Mr. Monte
9th March 2010, 04:06
ANy idea on the SD DVD-VIDEO subtitle option?

HDConvertX and Staxrip both have it...was wondering if Ripbot could?

Also, how does NOT having subtitles in your MKV affect forced subtitles in a movie?

Balthazar2k4
9th March 2010, 04:21
Yes i use tsmuxer to downcovert to 5.1 sources then mux it back with Ripbot - I am trying to eliminate a step!

pacaveli211 does your 5.1 downmix checkbox show up on your ripbot? and have you used it?

The downmix option is only available on sources with greater than 6 channels. You will not see the option otherwise. I have used it many times without issue.

pacaveli211
9th March 2010, 05:14

I change/modify audio tracks as little as possible. And as far as I know ripbot won't output any DTS (other than copying). so I never do any audio processing with ripbot. if I have HD audio I just use tsmuxer or eac3to to extract the core. I was talkin about downconvert, which is not the same thing as downmix. but you also end up with a 5.1 track after doing the downconvert.

Blackwalker
9th March 2010, 10:20
thx now it work! :)

i have another question.
Everytime i start decoding using RipBot i get this warnign windows:
http://utenti.multimania.it/BlackWalker/ripbot1.jpg

but the output looks ok.
Is it normal or i have something wrong in my settings??
thx!

someone can tell me if its ok that i have this box?
thx :)

buzzqw
9th March 2010, 11:07
yes, it's normal and you have to check also "Don't Ask again"
BUT make sure you have selected "Use FFDSHOW Always"

since you are using a direct show decoder ffdshow is asking if it's allowed to be used..

BHH

Blackwalker
9th March 2010, 13:50
yes, it's normal and you have to check also "Don't Ask again"
BUT make sure you have selected "Use FFDSHOW Always"

since you are using a direct show decoder ffdshow is asking if it's allowed to be used..

BHH

thx a lot for you help,
grazie :)

soneca
10th March 2010, 01:22
:thanks: for the new version!

nekrosoft13
10th March 2010, 04:49
Atak_Snajpera

if you don't mind, why the move back to older version of Haali? is it possible to ignore it like few versions back?

Atak_Snajpera
10th March 2010, 07:09
Newer version does not support vc-1 in m2ts (?!?!)

nekrosoft13
10th March 2010, 07:46
weird, I re-encoded an m2ts (from blu-ray) with vc-1 and dtsma about 4 days ago with 15.0 just fine. Had the same Haali version installed, the latest from december.

edit, yap, VC-1 in m2ts works fine with 15.0 and latest version of Haali

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3062/captures.jpg

Blackwalker
10th March 2010, 10:49
just one question.

When i rencode a bly-ray movie, with CQ 18, the movie from 15gb become 9.5gb (around).
Isnt this too much?!?!

I also see always some artifacts/pixelation if (while playing) i move the movie forward...is this normal or what?
(this happen with CF 18 or with 2-pass bly-ray movie)

Someone can suggest me better settings for bly-ray in "profile/advanced"?
(I dont care about the output size)

hope in your help :)
thx a lot

Mr. Monte
10th March 2010, 13:47
I was seeing pixelation with my profile settings and the newer r1471 x264 when using KMPlayer with CoreAVC 2.0 By change I opened the same file up with Windows Media player using the latest FFDshow 3305 (tryout version) and pixelation is gone.

BTW, I noticed the link in the new 1.15.1 Ripbot for FDShow say minimuim version 3300, however the link goes to a 3299. you can find a 3305 tryout if you look..works fine

P.SS

Atak, would you please add subtitle support for DVD-VIDEO movie rips (non-blueray)?

TIA

Wishbringer
10th March 2010, 14:29
You can get even newer ffdshow versions at http://xvidvideo.ru

Same for MPC HomeCinema.

Only problem was with Symantecs false SONAR reports, because native language of system where compiler is installed is russian.

Blackwalker
10th March 2010, 14:46
just one question.

When i rencode a bly-ray movie, with CQ 18, the movie from 15gb become 9.5gb (around).
Isnt this too much?!?!

I also see always some artifacts/pixelation if (while playing) i move the movie forward...is this normal or what?

thx a lot

so the problem is the ffdshow version or the x264 conversion?
humm...this "artifacts/pixelation" have to do with the conversion process or only with the codec?

Atak say that there is no difference about the ffdshow version you are using...
Currently i'm using the xxl version, before i used the clsid one.
Now you say to use the tryout...links for the tryout (32 & 64)?
(if remember i have to install both under windows 7 64 bit, correct?

And...

sometimes i see the same artifact (not always) using tversity to stream hd movie to my lcd with PS3.

anyway, which are the best settings for bly-ray under "profile/advanced"?
There are so many options and i'm lost...

i'd like to know if there is a guide/help about are all these settings (where you select bly-ray 4.0 profile) - "profile/advanced"!!! there is?

sorry to make so many questions and aksing so many info!!!
and thx again for you help and patience! :)

pacaveli211
10th March 2010, 16:10
weird, I re-encoded an m2ts (from blu-ray) with vc-1 and dtsma about 4 days ago with 15.0 just fine. Had the same Haali version installed, the latest from december.

edit, yap, VC-1 in m2ts works fine with 15.0 and latest version of Haali

I previously explained what doesn't work with the new haali: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1369193

just one question.

Isnt this too much?!?!

thx a lot
if you don't care about size stop compressing / re-encoding your movies. I guarantee you won't get any pixelations then.

ajua
10th March 2010, 18:15
I built an HTPC for my living room and I will use use it as a rip box while not in use.
I'm getting the ffdshow and Haali warning when starting RipBot 1.15.1.

In the HTPC I have latest version of win7codecs installed which comes with the latest tryout of ffdshow and the most recent version of Haali. I've read here that one must revert to an older version of Haali for VC-1 to work. Is there a way to skip those checks like many versions ago?

I don't need VC-1 support right now and I know for sure that I have the most recent build of ffdshow tryouts. I can use the new version 1.15.1 with these checks.

Thanks.

Blackwalker
10th March 2010, 18:29
if you don't care about size stop compressing / re-encoding your movies. I guarantee you won't get any pixelations then.
Yea i know :D

Ok the size dont care, but some movie are really toooooo big!
Around 12/15GB, each one, its ok for my htpc with a buffalo nas.
So i have all my movie ready to play :) but i cant buy 200 buffalo nas :D too much expensive!

I'd like to compress my movie, not too much, but with a good quality.

thats why i'm asking about the problem!

nekrosoft13
10th March 2010, 18:30
I previously explained what doesn't work with the new haali: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1369193

so only playback issue, works fine with powerdvd.

I don't need VC-1 support right now and I know for sure that I have the most recent build of ffdshow tryouts. I can use the new version 1.15.1 with these checks.

Thanks.

that is the problem, you can't use ripbot 1.15.1 unless you change your haali version, since ripbot itself works fine with new haali, i wish there would be simple way to ignore that check

ajua
10th March 2010, 18:40
that is the problem, you can't use ripbot 1.15.1 unless you change your haali version, since ripbot itself works fine with new haali, i wish there would be simple way to ignore that checkI see that. I will revert the Haali version to the one suggested by RipBot.

However, I still have the ffdshow warning.
The version I have is 3309 but somehow RipBot keeps telling that I need at least 3300.

Any advice? thanks.

nekrosoft13
10th March 2010, 18:45
I see that. I will revert the Haali version to the one suggested by RipBot.

However, I still have the ffdshow warning.
The version I have is 3309 but somehow RipBot keeps telling that I need at least 3300.

Any advice? thanks.

shark sometimes forgets to update the registry information for ffdshow, you have to go into registry and change the version number yourself.

for 64bit ffshow go to

LOCAL_Machine\Software\GNU\ffdshow64 and look for revision, change the decimal value to 3309

for 32bit ffdshow go to

LOCAL_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\GNU\ffdshow and again look for revision, and change it to 3309

ajua
10th March 2010, 23:02
shark sometimes forgets to update the registry information for ffdshow, you have to go into registry and change the version number yourself.

for 64bit ffshow go to

LOCAL_Machine\Software\GNU\ffdshow64 and look for revision, change the decimal value to 3309

for 32bit ffdshow go to

LOCAL_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\GNU\ffdshow and again look for revision, and change it to 3309
It didn't occur to me. Thanks for the tip.

I will notice shark so he can update those revision entries for applications that read them like RipBot264.

RunningSkittle
11th March 2010, 02:22
does ripbot use ffms2 yet?

Abdur Rafi
11th March 2010, 06:37
i cant use Latest - ffdshow_rev3305_20100304_clsid

when i install it & start riping got this image -

http://i43.tinypic.com/15fgffa.jpg

can any1 explain me please

nekrosoft13
11th March 2010, 07:03
that basically means that ripbot can't detect what type of video it is.

Balthazar2k4
11th March 2010, 07:20
Oh my, the first reviews of the new 6-core i7 980X are out and it looks to be an absolute monster with x264 (50% faster than an i7-975!). Imagine 720p BR rips in less than an hour. Excuse me while I clean myself up....

brogan
11th March 2010, 15:42
I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC to the full version (7600, Ultimate x64) & am now having a couple issues. I've figured out all the other problems except for wmp classic not being able to render video files to see a preview of my jobs. I'm using RipBot v1.15.1 now. I downloaded the newest version of wmp classic I could find but that doesn't seem to work. I tried searching for the answer already but maybe I'm not using the correct string of words in my search. I believe I went through this when I 1st upgraded to Windows 7 but cannot for the life of me remember how to fix this. Does anyone know off hand? Thank you!

Abdur Rafi
11th March 2010, 17:49
that basically means that ripbot can't detect what type of video it is.

thx buddy,what can i do in this problem

pacaveli211
11th March 2010, 19:45
Oh my, the first reviews of the new 6-core i7 980X are out and it looks to be an absolute monster with x264 (50% faster than an i7-975!). Imagine 720p BR rips in less than an hour. Excuse me while I clean myself up....

k, buy me one of those and I'll pass along how superbly awesome it is

radigast
11th March 2010, 19:50
I am looking to use an avisynth plugin called GradFun2DBmod. Can anyone give me pointers as to how to apply this filter to my encodes using RipBot264? I have already tried adding it to several places within the script editor windows, but to no avail.

jibelin
11th March 2010, 21:09
i cant use Latest - ffdshow_rev3305_20100304_clsid

when i install it & start riping got this image -

http://i43.tinypic.com/15fgffa.jpg

can any1 explain me please

Hi there, I too am receiving similar error. I have tried the common solution of uninstalling codecs, haali, and ffdshow and reinstalling specified versions but to no avail. Plus do not have this problem with previous version. Any help would be appreciated for this long time ripbot user...

Cheers,

--joe b.

fantasmanegro
11th March 2010, 23:12
Hi there, I too am receiving similar error. I have tried the common solution of uninstalling codecs, haali, and ffdshow and reinstalling specified versions but to no avail. Plus do not have this problem with previous version. Any help would be appreciated for this long time ripbot user...

Cheers,

--joe b.

Ii have the same problem too, but i was checking that it was only in one movie, but it works with others, anyone else?

hoju3508
12th March 2010, 04:13
^Nothing has change on my system except for version 1.15.1 of RipBot264. I'm not seeing this problem when rolling back to 1.15.0.

soneca
12th March 2010, 12:55
I have a problem with 2 different tracks containing VC-1 streams.

DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start.
(D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

Going back to version 1.15.0 everything works fine.

Atak_Snajpera
12th March 2010, 13:17
samples?

soneca
12th March 2010, 13:24
whole movies

Atak_Snajpera
12th March 2010, 13:24
50 mb - 100mb for god sake

soneca
12th March 2010, 13:29
take it easy, my English is bad ...:confused:

At this moment I can not send samples, only when I get home.

hoju3508
12th March 2010, 16:22
Here's my sample of Old Dogs -> Here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/yw0y22khmmj/old-dog_avc.7z).

:thanks:

General
ID : 1
Complete name : F:\old-dog_avc.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 100 MiB
Duration : 25s 696ms
Overall bit rate : 32.6 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Duration : 25s 817ms
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 8 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Color primaries : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4, SMPTE RP177
Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Matrix coefficients : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4 709, SMPTE RP177

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA
Muxing mode : Stream extension
Duration : 25s 802ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 24 bits
Video delay : 9ms
Language : English

Text #1
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Duration : 25s 22ms
Video delay : 751ms

Text #2
ID : 4609 (0x1201)
Duration : 24s 938ms
Video delay : 792ms

Text #3
ID : 4610 (0x1202)
Duration : 23s 252ms
Video delay : 1s 460ms

Atak_Snajpera
12th March 2010, 17:22
I remuxed your sample in tsmuxer and it works in 1.15.1 without problems!

laserfan
12th March 2010, 19:35
Atak your bitrate algo was "off" for me (video target was 100Kbps too high) and I can only think that your logic didn't like my unusual audio bitrate which was 320kbps.

Not a big deal for me cuz I only had to re-work the (stereo) audio to 256kbps to fit my DVD-5 without re-encoding, but I thought I'd tell you about it anyway.

Atak_Snajpera
12th March 2010, 20:01
AC3 320kbps is very very very rare. That's why I didn't include proper algo for that weird bitrate.

hoju3508
12th March 2010, 21:03
I remuxed your sample in tsmuxer and it works in 1.15.1 without problems!

If you don't mind me asking, what version of ffdshow are you using?

I'm currently on this rev: r3301 2010-03-03 (March 03, 2010).

Atak_Snajpera
12th March 2010, 21:10
r3305 but 3301 was also ok

laserfan
12th March 2010, 21:19
AC3 320kbps is very very very rare. That's why I didn't include proper algo for that weird bitrate.NP next time I know to make it 256 instead.

p.s. Here is a list of "legal" AC3 bitrates that I go to when choosing an audio bitrate, taken from some DD doc:

‘000000’ (0) 32 kbps 60 42 40
‘000001’ (0) 32 kbps 60 43 40
‘000010’ (1) 40 kbps 75 53 50
‘000011’ (1) 40 kbps 75 55 50
‘000100’ (2) 48 kbps 90 65 60
‘000101’ (2) 48 kbps 90 65 60
‘000110’ (3) 56 kbps 105 75 70
‘000111’ (3) 56 kbps 105 76 70
‘001000’ (4) 64 kbps 120 86 80
‘001001’ (4) 64 kbps 120 87 80
‘001010’ (5) 80 kbps 150 108 100
‘001011’ (5) 80 kbps 150 108 100
‘001100’ (6) 96 kbps 180 130 120
‘001101’ (6) 96 kbps 180 130 120
‘001110’ (7) 112 kbps 210 151 140
‘001111’ (7) 112 kbps 210 152 140
‘010000’ (8) 128 kbps 240 173 160
‘010001’ (8) 128 kbps 240 173 160
‘010010’ (9) 160 kbps 300 217 200
‘010011’ (9) 160 kbps 300 217 200
‘010100’ (10) 192 kbps 360 260 240
‘010101’ (10) 192 kbps 360 261 240
‘010110’ (11) 224 kbps 420 303 280
‘010111’ (11) 224 kbps 420 305 280
‘011000’ (12) 256 kbps 480 347 320
‘011001’ (12) 256 kbps 480 348 320
‘011010’ (13) 320 kbps 600 435 400
‘011011’ (13) 320 kbps 600 435 400
‘011100’ (14) 384 kbps 720 521 480
‘011101’ (14) 384 kbps 720 522 480
‘011110’ (15) 448 kbps 840 608 560
‘011111’ (15) 448 kbps 840 610 560
‘100000’ (16) 512 kbps 960 696 640
‘100001’ (16) 512 kbps 960 696 640
‘100010’ (17) 576 kbps 1080 782 720
‘100011’ (17) 576 kbps 1080 783 720
‘100100’ (18) 640 kbps 1200 870 800
‘100101’ (18) 640 kbps 1200 871 800

soneca
12th March 2010, 21:44
Here is my sample. >>> Link (http://www.mediafire.com/?zzjhjzmodod)

MKVCrazy
12th March 2010, 22:29
One question, is MKV demuxing suppose to be a lot slower than demux an AVI file on RipBot264 or it'll being tried to improve? Right now, demuxing a small MKV file size is slower than a large AVI. I am guessing it's because of the x264 codec used in that MKV but I still want to hear why, from you. Thx.

Atak_Snajpera
13th March 2010, 01:10
Here is my sample. >>> Link (http://www.mediafire.com/?zzjhjzmodod)

corrupted rar

Atak_Snajpera
13th March 2010, 01:14
One question, is MKV demuxing suppose to be a lot slower than demux an AVI file on RipBot264 or it'll being tried to improve? Right now, demuxing a small MKV file size is slower than a large AVI. I am guessing it's because of the x264 codec used in that MKV but I still want to hear why, from you. Thx.

100 mb mkv with dts 1,5mbps was demuxed in 3s on my old 250gb samsung

soneca
13th March 2010, 05:12
The mediafire seems to be corrupting the files lately ....
You can download it through sendspace? >>> Link (http://www.sendspace.com/file/4c7bta)

Atak_Snajpera
13th March 2010, 21:43
Again it works on my win7 x64 without problems...

soneca
13th March 2010, 21:53
So I have no idea what might be ...
When I go back to version 1.15.0 works without problems.
I'm using ffdshow r3301.

Atak_Snajpera
13th March 2010, 22:02
When I go back to version 1.15.0 works without problems.
I have no idea either. It does not matter if I use 1.15.0 , 1.15.1 , older ffdshow ,newer ffdshow ... works as usual
Besides both versions use DirectShowSource

soneca
13th March 2010, 23:32
I installed the r3316 and now is working!:cool:

hoju3508
14th March 2010, 07:09
^Nothing has change on my system except for version 1.15.1 of RipBot264. I'm not seeing this problem when rolling back to 1.15.0.

This is not quite true. I had installed AVCHDCoder before trying out version 1.15.1. I went ahead and uninstalled AVCHDCoder, ffdshow, Avisynth & Haali Media Splitter, and re-installed ffdshow, Avisynth & Haali Media Splitter. Now, version 1.15.1 is working perfectly for me :cool:.

god_md5
14th March 2010, 17:41
only one thing is not good in this software,RipBot264.ini is not save all the setup,open open movie is need to edit one time
like denosie and color ,deinterlace is not save .maybe lock size is same cannot save,but not test..
and indexing file use many time to wait..

god_md5
14th March 2010, 17:48
ffdshow ver problems can open the use in "ffdshow Video decoder configuration "???
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3668343/ScreenHunter_01%20Mar.%2015%2001.44.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
14th March 2010, 20:46
what?

DVDfever.co.uk
14th March 2010, 22:26
I really like Ripbot, but it has one major niggle for me since I started using it (I'm using v.1.15.0, BTW).

For every video I want to turn into an mp4 file, I want to use the same custom resolution (1024x576) and to set 25fps interlacing, but I have to manually tell it this *every* single time for *every* single video file and it's annoying *every* time.

Please can you add something which allows me to save a set of custom settings? Other than that, Ripbot is perfect. I used to use Super, but while it worked under version 35 (for some reason version 37 doesn't work on my Vista PC and when I tried to uninstall that and go back to 35, even doing a system restore), it's just killed it on this PC for me, the one really annoying thing it did was kill any Outlook processes for me while processing, meaning I couldn't use that while converting files and having to run it again afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

Atak_Snajpera
14th March 2010, 23:13
did you try custom resolution with locked aspect ratio
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6707/new1b.png

DVDfever.co.uk
14th March 2010, 23:27
did you try custom resolution with locked aspect ratio
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6707/new1b.png

How do I lock it, please? I just get "Custom [x,xx:1]" in that box. Ta.

soneca
14th March 2010, 23:34
Unfortunately RipBot264 not process directly DTS tracks as in previous versions.
I agree when you say that the Dolby Digital is better, but do not want to convert a font that contains only track in DTS to DD. The ideal is to keep this soundtrack without conversion.
So, eac3to together ...

Atak_Snajpera
14th March 2010, 23:40
How do I lock it, please? I just get "Custom [x,xx:1]" in that box. Ta.
I will pretend that i didn't see this question. You will have to figure why.

Atak_Snajpera
15th March 2010, 00:06
I agree when you say that the Dolby Digital is better, but do not want to convert a font that contains only track in DTS to DD. The ideal is to keep this soundtrack without conversion.
if movie contains ...
DTSMA -> .wav/.flac -> AC3 640kbps = DTS 1,5Mbps
DTS -> .dts (not .wav/.flac!!!) - audio is untouched

darkNiGHTS
15th March 2010, 00:35
I just wanted to say thank you for the program! Yours was the 6th video converter I tried when looking for one and yours is by far the best. Thank you for your fantastic work.

crackinhedz
15th March 2010, 00:40
hey Atak, quick question...successfully converted two movies yesterday, and have not done anything different since...and today im getting this error:

DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start.
(C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

does this mean anything?? What do I need to fix?

soneca
15th March 2010, 03:43
DTSMA -> converted to .wav/.flac - AC-3 640kbps ~ DTS 1,536kbps = whatever
DTSHD... - PCM - aften < AC-3 640kbps...:confused:

I'm sorry if I do not understand how it works RipBot:(

Balthazar2k4
15th March 2010, 07:54
DTSMA -> converted to .wav/.flac - AC-3 640kbps ~ DTS 1,536kbps = whatever
DTSHD... - PCM - aften < AC-3 640kbps...:confused:

I'm sorry if I do not understand how it works RipBot:(

What exactly do you NOT understand? I think Atak has made it pretty clear. If the movie you are trying to convert has a DTS (NOT DTS-HD MA), then you can tell RipBot to use that without converting. RipBot only converts DTS if you tell it to. If the movie has DTS-HD MA audio then RipBot will either strip out the DTS core or convert to FLAC. I don't know how to make this any simpler.

Balthazar2k4
15th March 2010, 08:00
I will pretend that i didn't see this question. You will have to figure why.

:) Try selecting the option above "Custom [x.xx:1]". It might say something like "Custom [1.85:1]" and then you can select the resolution and RipBot will lock the vertical.

soneca
15th March 2010, 12:36
If the movie you are trying to convert has a DTS (NOT DTS-HD MA), then you can tell RipBot to use that without converting.
I do not see this option ...
The RipBot does not extract the core of a source DTS-HD (not MA), just gives me the option to convert using aften.

Edit.
I used eac3to for so long that do not pay attention to these parameters.
In some movies with DTS-HD tracks have that option and others this option does not exist.

MKVCrazy
15th March 2010, 13:47
Another question,

Is it possible that RipBot264 will have "auto-appending" feature? For example, you load in an small clip of AVI file then it will do all the necessary things first (like demux, extract frame, gather info) etc. Then there is another button for "auto-append" whatever but not the regular "open" button and it will do the same thing like demux, extract frame etc BUT RipBot264 will combine the first converted file and the 2nd converted file at the end of 2nd file's conversion. It doesn't have to be only 2 files, can be 3 or more files combined after conversions.

I think this feature will be very useful. Just an idea.

MKVCrazy

pacaveli211
15th March 2010, 16:48
Another question,

Is it possible that RipBot264 will have "auto-appending" feature? For example, you load in an small clip of AVI file then it will do all the necessary things first (like demux, extract frame, gather info) etc. Then there is another button for "auto-append" whatever but not the regular "open" button and it will do the same thing like demux, extract frame etc BUT RipBot264 will combine the first converted file and the 2nd converted file at the end of 2nd file's conversion. It doesn't have to be only 2 files, can be 3 or more files combined after conversions.

MKVCrazy

if you didn't know.... you can do this with a remux using tsmuxer or mkvmerge (they both have append capabilities)

mrtomesh
15th March 2010, 18:13
First off, I love RipBot! Thank you so much for developing RipBot and providing the great support that you do! I always use RipBot for all x264 and VC-1 to convert to MKV.

I have a 4 processor quad core Opteron 8356 2.3GHz server board for 16 total CPUs running Server 2003 R2 Enterprise

I'm using ffdshow 3316 ICL10 with 64 bit on top. I have noticed in ffdshow the max threads I can set is 8 - wonder why that is?

Are there any other things I can change to take advantage of the 16 CPUs?

ffmpeg-mt is running 100% CPU converting M2TS to MKV.

When I convert VC-1 using WMV9 to MKV, it varies between as low as 20 and as high as 100%. Is that due to WMV9?

Is the Haali disk buffer just for playback?

RipBot has the vbv buffer size set at 25000. What does that do?

There does not appear to be a 64 bit build of avisynth.

Basically, the 4p machine is about 80% faster than a quad Phenom at 3.4GHz.

I'm thinking about switching to Linux for Folding at Home. Any advice how Ripbot will do in Wine or some other Windows emulator? I could always do a dual boot.

One thing I have noticed with Windows is that I have 6 Gb of RAM doing nothing while Windows pages even though I have told it not to page. I can't figure that one out. The same age old mystery of paging strikes again.

Just looking for any more tweaks.

Thanks

MKVCrazy
15th March 2010, 18:57
if you didn't know.... you can do this with a remux using tsmuxer or mkvmerge (they both have append capabilities)

That is the reason why I asked if RipBot264 could also do it. I mean, add a button there or something that'll do that job (Of course I understand it's not just about adding a button). It's inconvenient and time wasting when you have to keep combining multiple files using MKVmerge or VirtualDubMod when you convert about 3-4 sets. The source files are usually about 4 times larger than the output file (MP4 for iPod) and it makes sense that combining the output files will take shorter time then combining the source files first.

For ex. Treat the segments separately (like 2 different jobs) with same settings then combine the outputs afterwards.

Atak_Snajpera
15th March 2010, 19:08
What are you doing exactly??

Balthazar2k4
16th March 2010, 01:19
I do not see this option ...
The RipBot does not extract the core of a source DTS-HD (not MA), just gives me the option to convert using aften.

Edit.
I used eac3to for so long that do not pay attention to these parameters.
In some movies with DTS-HD tracks have that option and others this option does not exist.

In order to keep the source audio, simply select the "x.x COPY STREAM" option under the audio profile.

soneca
16th March 2010, 01:36
I know! I use RipBot a long time, but there are some soundtracks in DTS-HD simply does not give me that option, do not know why ...:confused:

Balthazar2k4
16th March 2010, 01:56
I know! I use RipBot a long time, but there are some soundtracks in DTS-HD simply does not give me that option, do not know why ...:confused:

Do you have the Arcsoft decoder installed?

soneca
16th March 2010, 02:08
No...
ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre?

MKVCrazy
16th March 2010, 02:11
What are you doing exactly??

I convert show episodes. Sometimes situation like below,

episode 1 part1
episode 1 part2
episode 2 part1
episode 2 part2

Balthazar2k4
16th March 2010, 02:21
No...
ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre?

Yes, the DTS Decoder that comes with Arcsoft TMT will help you to achieve what you are trying to do. If you look in the tools/ax directory of your RipBot installation you will find further instructions as to how to setup the decoder.

soneca
16th March 2010, 02:30
Thanks for the tip! I was reading right now that the Totalmedia Theater has the DTS-HD decoder ...
I'll do some experiments.:)

Balthazar2k4
16th March 2010, 02:53
Thanks for the tip! I was reading right now that the Totalmedia Theater has the DTS-HD decoder ...
I'll do some experiments.:)

No problem. Hope that helps.

shikyo
16th March 2010, 05:54
Hello.
I've been using RipBot for god knows how long without any serious errors. Only until recently did I start getting mad, with this error I can't convert any videos.

Everything I do is the same as usual. Set up my videos and what not, I start converting. It'll go through the process of encoding the audio, but once that finishes I get this error:
http://img2.pict.com/5e/91/bc/3128839/0/0.jpg

after that it automatically starts muxing, with only audio. but nothing happens. it moves on to the next video and repeats the results.

Everything was working just fine a couple of days ago. The time everything started getting wacky was when I downloaded v1.15.1 and updated my ffdshow. I've since tried going back to v1.15.0 and installed an older version of ffdshow, but nothing works. Any help on my situation?

EDIT:
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Haali Media Splitter and AviSynth, but the outcome is always the same.

Balthazar2k4
16th March 2010, 07:05
Hello.
I've been using RipBot for god knows how long without any serious errors. Only until recently did I start getting mad, with this error I can't convert any videos.

Everything I do is the same as usual. Set up my videos and what not, I start converting. It'll go through the process of encoding the audio, but once that finishes I get this error:
http://img2.pict.com/5e/91/bc/3128839/0/0.jpg

after that it automatically starts muxing, with only audio. but nothing happens. it moves on to the next video and repeats the results.

Everything was working just fine a couple of days ago. The time everything started getting wacky was when I downloaded v1.15.1 and updated my ffdshow. I've since tried going back to v1.15.0 and installed an older version of ffdshow, but nothing works. Any help on my situation?

EDIT:
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Haali Media Splitter and AviSynth, but the outcome is always the same.

Are you running an overclocked machine? Typically this is a sign of system instability on a hardware level.

pacaveli211
16th March 2010, 17:23
shikyo:
do you really only have an x86 machine?
if not, open the ini and enable x64 bit
or try reinstalling (rextracting) ripbot. or simply just the \Tools\x264 folder.

Lighto
16th March 2010, 17:35
The new ffdshow is quite irritating, I need to add avs2avi.exe into the whitelist.....
Those with the ffdshow problem can try messing with the configuration.:)

pacaveli211
16th March 2010, 18:13
I just installed 3305, no problems. did you get 3316?

shikyo
16th March 2010, 18:16
Are you running an overclocked machine? Typically this is a sign of system instability on a hardware level.
I haven't messed with anything to overclock it; I don't know if that's the problem but I'll look into that.

shikyo:
do you really only have an x86 machine?
if not, open the ini and enable x64 bit
or try reinstalling (rextracting) ripbot. or simply just the \Tools\x264 folder.

Yes, i'm still on an x86 machine. I've already tried reextracting RipBot and the x264 folder a couple of times.

Atak_Snajpera
16th March 2010, 18:44
have you read first post?

Atak_Snajpera
16th March 2010, 18:46
I just installed 3305, no problems. did you get 3316?
This only happens if you do clean instalation. For some unknown reason whitelist is not created by installer.

nekrosoft13
16th March 2010, 19:18
Atak_Snajpera, is there a way/setting to ignore Haali version requirement? Since few pages back it was established that it was only VC-1 playback issues, nothing to do with encoding. There is no reason for old Haali version requirement.

Atak_Snajpera
16th March 2010, 19:59
Why do you need new broken haali media splitter?

soneca
16th March 2010, 20:19
I need to register or do something to the file (ASAudioHD) in the tools/ax for the dts decoder to work properly?

Atak_Snajpera
16th March 2010, 20:30
Just put all required files to that folder and ripbot264 will do rest.

soneca
16th March 2010, 20:36
But the files are already there!:confused:

Atak_Snajpera
16th March 2010, 21:00
eeee. Can you remind me what is your problem?

shikyo
16th March 2010, 21:13
have you read first post?

I have read the first post. I've used both tools, and they both show no instability problems. No errors at all; I was honestly hoping for an error to show so I could at least know what the problem was.

soneca
16th March 2010, 21:14
You talk to overwrite files that already exist in the folder? ...
Because it seems that all the required files were already there.

Achilleus
17th March 2010, 00:21
Yes, the DTS Decoder that comes with Arcsoft TMT will help you to achieve what you are trying to do.
Is there a downside to this; ie a reason not installed by default?

Thanks

nekrosoft13
17th March 2010, 00:38
Why do you need new broken haali media splitter?

because it not broken in my case

Balthazar2k4
17th March 2010, 01:01
Is there a downside to this; ie a reason not installed by default?

Thanks

There is no downside as I have seen. The only reason I believe this is not installed by default is that Atak cannot freely distribute the Arcsoft decoder as it is apart of Total Media Theater. Therefore, you must install TMT and copy the files as directed by the TXT file.

Balthazar2k4
17th March 2010, 01:04
because it not broken in my case

I have to ask, what are the advantages of the December build of Haali over the November build of Haali? Aside from the lack of VC-1 support, I am not sure why you would want to use it.

Achilleus
17th March 2010, 03:23
There is no downside as I have seen. The only reason I believe this is not installed by default is that Atak cannot freely distribute the Arcsoft decoder as it is apart of Total Media Theater. Therefore, you must install TMT and copy the files as directed by the TXT file.
Ok, thanks. I see the first file listed at the arcsoft site as a trial. I can see how that iwll work for needed files, but I can find the second file, the patch, nowhere, including google, there is only an old disabled link.

Balthazar2k4
17th March 2010, 04:26
Ok, thanks. I see the first file listed at the arcsoft site as a trial. I can see how that iwll work for needed files, but I can find the second file, the patch, nowhere, including google, there is only an old disabled link.

I haven't installed TMT since Atak added the support to RipBot. I am not sure if the current TMT trial will work without a patch. The patch may be incorporated into the trial at this point. The instructions may just be a bit outdated. Try it as is and see if it works. Let us know.

MKVCrazy
17th March 2010, 07:30
Another question,

MKVCrazy

That is the reason why I asked if RipBot264 could also do it. I mean, add a button there or something that'll do that job (Of course I understand it's not just about adding a button). It's inconvenient and time wasting when you have to keep combining multiple files using MKVmerge or VirtualDubMod when you convert about 3-4 sets. The source files are usually about 4 times larger than the output file (MP4 for iPod) and it makes sense that combining the output files will take shorter time then combining the source files first.

For ex. Treat the segments separately (like 2 different jobs) with same settings then combine the outputs afterwards.

I convert show episodes. Sometimes situation like below,

episode 1 part1
episode 1 part2
episode 2 part1
episode 2 part2

Any response on this idea?

Lighto
17th March 2010, 09:14
Got an error while trying to preview a youtube video -
http://i39.tinypic.com/dzxmh4.png
Any comments or suggestion will be appreciated.:thanks:

Edit : Did a DirectX update, reinstalled ffdshow and MatroskaSplitter and the error is gone.=)

pacaveli211
17th March 2010, 16:18
I have to ask, what are the advantages of the December build of Haali over the November build of Haali? Aside from the lack of VC-1 support, I am not sure why you would want to use it.

newer and x64

pacaveli211
17th March 2010, 16:21
This only happens if you do clean instalation. For some unknown reason whitelist is not created by installer.

yeah, I uninstalled and then reinstalled when I did mine. I like to 'clean up' before installing new

pacaveli211
17th March 2010, 16:30
I haven't messed with anything to overclock it; I don't know if that's the problem but I'll look into that.

Yes, i'm still on an x86 machine. I've already tried reextracting RipBot and the x264 folder a couple of times.

I think your problem may be the ffdshow update. if you have an older cpu you might want to make sure you get the generic builds (if you've gotten one of the ICL10 builds). otherwise you might try going back to an older version of it. make sure you first uninstall any version that's installed and then install the new one. also make sure you're not installing the x64 version =P

mrtomesh
17th March 2010, 18:57
I installed Haali 1.9.355.21. Since I have a x64 system, it put only the x64 files into the x86 directory. RipBot says it is not installed. Is there a way to point to the x64 version?

Atak_Snajpera
17th March 2010, 19:13
newer and x64
newer does not mean better. x64 is useless for now. We still don't have official avisynth x64 + ported ALL plugins used by ripbot264.

shikyo
17th March 2010, 20:45
I think your problem may be the ffdshow update. if you have an older cpu you might want to make sure you get the generic builds (if you've gotten one of the ICL10 builds). otherwise you might try going back to an older version of it. make sure you first uninstall any version that's installed and then install the new one. also make sure you're not installing the x64 version =P

Before when it was all working fine I was using the ICL10 version. I had just remembered yesterday that I still have RipBot264 v1.15.0 on my other computer and it still works. I'm thinking of copying those files over to this computer, and download/install the exact version ffdshow too.

Here's hoping that it works out!

benjyv
18th March 2010, 14:42
Hi ,
I have a simple request :
Pls , can smb tell me if it's possible to update Ripbot 264 ??
My version is from august 2009..

Thanks !!!

18th March 2010, 16:37
@benjyv

The link for the latest version is in the first post of this thread.

benjyv
18th March 2010, 17:04
Many THANKS neuron2 !!!

For the future updates should I check the same place ??? (the first post of this thread)...and what time ??? I think from month to month will be OK :))

Many thanks to Atak_Snajpera ,too !!!

PS
This update requires to delete the old version , or I can unrar and install it OVER the old one ???

dbone1026
18th March 2010, 17:34
Many THANKS neuron2 !!!

For the future updates should I check the same place ??? (the first post of this thread)...and what time ??? I think from month to month will be OK :))

Many thanks to Atak_Snajpera ,too !!!

PS
This update requires to delete the old version , or I can unrar and install it OVER the old one ???

Check the first post or check VideoHelp.com which usually posts when new/updated software is released.

illestdomer2005
18th March 2010, 23:16
The new ffdshow is quite irritating, I need to add avs2avi.exe into the whitelist.....
Those with the ffdshow problem can try messing with the configuration.:)

Ever since hardware acceleration came out, it's been funky. I just turn off the whitelist feature.

hoju3508
19th March 2010, 16:25

You don't have to delete the old version. I just extract it to RipBot264ver1.15.1 and keep the old version around for a couple of days until I'm happy with the new version.

joae
19th March 2010, 17:28
I get the following AviSynth error when trying to "Add" a bluray from an .iso on my HDD - any ideas what could be causing this?

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file G:\temp\RipBot264temp\job14\video.mkv:
The system cannot find the file specified.
(G:\temp\RipBot264temp\job14\getinfo.avs, line 2)

chris_h
19th March 2010, 19:35
Can Ripbot264 be used to convert Real Media (.rm) files to mp4 ? If so, do I need to rename the file extention first? What should I name it to? Thanks in advance.

shikyo
20th March 2010, 00:47
Before when it was all working fine I was using the ICL10 version. I had just remembered yesterday that I still have RipBot264 v1.15.0 on my other computer and it still works. I'm thinking of copying those files over to this computer, and download/install the exact version ffdshow too.

Here's hoping that it works out!

Just dropped by to say thanks to those who tried to help me. I got RipBot to work after uninstalling everything (including registries) and reinstalling again.

Well, my procedure worked and I'm back in business! I was thinking that the problem may have been ffdshow, but I'm not certain.

mrgoodwin
20th March 2010, 22:32
Been using Ripbot quite successfully for the last month and then all of a sudden it thinks I don't have ffdshow installed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ffdshow several times without any luck. I finally setup Windows from scratch and reinstalled and Ripbot still doesn't think I have ffdshow installed. Any ideas what I can try to fix this?

Atak_Snajpera
20th March 2010, 22:47
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/

mrgoodwin
20th March 2010, 22:54
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/

Assuming that was meant for me, that's what I currently have installed. I downloaded it fresh when the problem first arose, and again after I reinstalled Windows. No luck.

Atak_Snajpera
20th March 2010, 23:08
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hgspf2

crackinhedz
20th March 2010, 23:11
hey Atak, fixed my previous problem with a new re-install of all programs...but currently encountered something different, hopefully you have some ideas...

I have been converting a list of movies and after one of them finished I decided to take a break and let my PC cool off by shutting it down for a while...been using it non-stop for almost three days. Anyways, I still had like 6 movies in the queue, but after the re-start they do not show up anymore??

The "keep jobs que" is still checked (I never change this setting), and I still have the jobs in the TEMP folder, so I don't know what happened?? Is it possible to load the TEMP files back into ripbot without having to go through the whole analyze process again??

Any help is appreciated!

TEMP folder:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/crackinhedz/temp.jpg

Ripbot queue:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/crackinhedz/ripbot.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
20th March 2010, 23:13
edit ripbot264.ini
StoreTempFilesin=C

crackinhedz
20th March 2010, 23:23
edit ripbot264.ini
StoreTempFilesin=C
Awesome, worked like a charm. Thanks!

also quick question, do I need to edit the .ini file to make x264 64bit run or does it automatically select 64 bit? (my conversions seem to take a lot longer again)

Atak_Snajpera
20th March 2010, 23:35
what do you see in ripbot264.ini?

crackinhedz
21st March 2010, 00:06
what do you see in ripbot264.ini?

[settings]
// TEMP=uses System temp ; AUTO = selects the biggest partition ; C , D ... uses specific partition
StoreTempFilesin=C
KeepJobsQueue=1
---------------------
DefaultProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles
DefaultEncodingMode=CQ
DefaultModeValue=18
---------------------
//Directory must exists!!! D:\movies\ is correct but D:\movies is incorrect!
DefaultOutputPath=desktop
---------------------
// allowed values are mp4, mkv or bluray
DefaultContainer=mkv
---------------------
// in GiB (1GiB=1024 MiB) , 0 = no splitting
SplitM2TS=0
---------------------
FastFirstPassin2passMode=1
---------------------
//AnyDVD DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray decryptor will be automatically activated with RipBot264
ExecuteAnyDVD=0
---------------------
x264LowPriority=0
---------------------
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. up to 10% faster encoding speed.
Usex264x64=1

Thanks for any advice!

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2010, 00:09
what do you see at the bottom?

crackinhedz
21st March 2010, 00:12
what do you see at the bottom?
at the bottom of?

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2010, 00:16
what does last line of .ini show?

crackinhedz
21st March 2010, 00:16
Usex264x64=1

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2010, 00:28
if 0 = off and 1 = on. what does this say to you?

crackinhedz
21st March 2010, 01:04
if 0 = off and 1 = on. what does this say to you?
I did not see anywhere in the instruction manual that says 0=off 1=on. :rolleyes:

But thanks anyway.

mrgoodwin
21st March 2010, 01:49
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hgspf2

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

eljefeargentino
21st March 2010, 11:37
hey atak,

i really like ripbot, i'm using the x64 under w7 64 and it works perfectly and also the encoding speed is quite good. thanks for that... even though, one question... is it possible to pause and resume the encoding work?

cheers, jefe

DVDfever.co.uk
21st March 2010, 16:12
:) Try selecting the option above "Custom [x.xx:1]". It might say something like "Custom [1.85:1]" and then you can select the resolution and RipBot will lock the vertical.

I've only got a figure of 1.33:1, no options for 1.85 or 1.78 which was what confused me. I'm taking an mpg2 file (720*576) which is a vertically-squeezed anamorphic image, and want to make it 16:9 (1024*576) so Ripbot doesn't automatically appear to bring up 1.78:1 as any kind of an option. How do I bring up those options manually, please?

Ramscoop
21st March 2010, 19:42
Hey Atak,

I just downloaded RipBot264 1.15.1 which requires ffdshow r3300+ but, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/ I only see the generic win32 build at rev3299; am I able to use any of the other ffdshow builds with 1.15.1? Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2010, 21:42
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4721/new1o.png

survivant001
21st March 2010, 22:39
I just try ripbot on Win7. I only installed what ripbot required at the popup window.

when I play the movie I see the subs. but they are not present in the .264. even if I force the subs in the properties screen.

I have that in job1.avs

Loadplugin("E:\DVD-tools\RipBot264v1.15.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\VSFilter\VSFilter.dll")
video=VobSub(video,"C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\3_subtitles_English.sub")

do I need to install a plugin to ffdshow ?

if I play the movie in MediaPlayer from the job1.avs.. the subs are not shown either.

that's why I'm asking about a plugin or a setting somewhere.

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2010, 23:18
check 3_subtitles_English.sub in BDSup2Sub if it is not corrupted. Make sure that 3_subtitles_English.idx is in the same directory!

survivant001
21st March 2010, 23:36
open fine in DBSup2sub.

and here the files that I have in the folder (ripbot created them.. didn't touch them)

C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1>dir /b
2_audio_Japanese.aac
3_subtitles_English.idx
3_subtitles_English.sub
3_subtitles_English.sub.style
4_subtitles_Japanese.idx
4_subtitles_Japanese.sub
audiolist.txt
chapters.txt
frame.bmp
getframe.avs
getinfo.avs
info.txt
job1.avs
job1.ini
job1_EncodeAudio.cmd
job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd
job1_EncodeVideoPass2.cmd
job1_MuxFiles.cmd
job1_preview.avs
MKVExtract.cmd
mkvinfo.txt

check 3_subtitles_English.sub in BDSup2Sub if it is not corrupted. Make sure that 3_subtitles_English.idx is in the same directory!

Atak_Snajpera
21st March 2010, 23:42
send me
3_subtitles_English.idx
3_subtitles_English.sub

survivant001
21st March 2010, 23:58
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qvgzdjzwqz2/job1-subs.rar

thanks for your time.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd March 2010, 00:17
Source is Blu-ray or mkv?

Atak_Snajpera
22nd March 2010, 00:33
There is something wrong with those subs. Original do not show like you said but exported by DBSup2sub work well.

DVDfever.co.uk
22nd March 2010, 00:38
I've only got a figure of 1.33:1, no options for 1.85 or 1.78 which was what confused me. I'm taking an mpg2 file (720*576) which is a vertically-squeezed anamorphic image, and want to make it 16:9 (1024*576) so Ripbot doesn't automatically appear to bring up 1.78:1 as any kind of an option. How do I bring up those options manually, please?

Does anyone know why, please? The file is essentially 4:3 (as it's anamorphically-squeezed) but what I was after was to be able to make an automatic setting that I can use every time rather than have to manually select 720x576 and then hold down the button to increase the left-hand figure to 1024, which takes ages. Thanks.

slow4mula
22nd March 2010, 07:16
i can't seem to get any vc1 bluray rips to encode since the latest version. i am getting directshowsouce: timeout waiting for graph to start. e:\temp\ripbot264\job1\getinfo.avs, line2)

my ffdshow settings are set to wmv9 for vc-1, although i tried libavcodec.

any ideas? i am in win7 x64 using the 110109 version of matroska splitter.

h264 and mpeg2 conversion work fine.

komisar
22nd March 2010, 09:34
slow4mula, install latest ffdshow and use Win7DSFilterTweaker to enable process VC1 stream with ffdshow

survivant001
22nd March 2010, 10:30
Source is Blu-ray or mkv?

it's a MKV

survivant001
22nd March 2010, 10:31
There is something wrong with those subs. Original do not show like you said but exported by DBSup2sub work well.

ok, I'll replace the original with the exported.. see how it goes.

illestdomer2005
23rd March 2010, 02:08
I don't know if anyone has run into this before, but I had to specify 1920x1080 resolution recently on a conversion of The Bourne Ultimatum. Ordinarily, I leave it on the default that doesn't change the resolution, but for some reason when RipBot would start trying to convert the movie, Aften.exe and BePipe.exe would start and then seem to hang. Other movies converted fine; so, I was scratching my head as to what might be the problem.

The solution was manually specifying the resolution; so, if you've ever had RipBot hang at "Please Wait...," it might be that. Just wanted to share :)

pacaveli211
23rd March 2010, 07:12
i can't seem to get any vc1 bluray rips to encode since the latest version. i am getting directshowsouce: timeout waiting for graph to start. e:\temp\ripbot264\job1\getinfo.avs, line2)

my ffdshow settings are set to wmv9 for vc-1, although i tried libavcodec.

any ideas? i am in win7 x64 using the 110109 version of matroska splitter.

h264 and mpeg2 conversion work fine.

I'm encoding one right now...
when do you get the error?

theshadow12345
23rd March 2010, 15:39
Hey Guys. I've been usung ripbot 1.15.1 for a while now and successfully encoded 15 Blu-rays to 1080P MKV files. Lately I've been getting crashed X264_x64.exe errors on my 2nd pass only. The first pass flys through with no problems. I am running on an intel I7 oc to 3.8, 6GB, p6X58 Mobo, windows 7 x64 with the lastest Java x86, x64, Avisyth 2.5.8, hali media splitter 1.9.42.1, ffdshow rev 3316 x64, ffshow rev 3322 x86 clsid and netfx64. I tried removing and installing everything all over again and still can't figure out why this keeps happening. I read a few posts back that downgrading to the old x264.exe can fix this problem but im not sure how to configure ripbot to recognize the new files since i'm trying to replace both 64 and 32 bit versions. Ripbot finishes the job in less than 1 second when you hit the start encoding button which is unusual. I also tried to download and use the 1471 newer builds of x264 but no luck either.

Anyway if you guys can help an old newb out i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Atak_Snajpera
23rd March 2010, 16:04
try new ffdshow r3326 http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/
Also check first post

pacaveli211
23rd March 2010, 16:06
Hey Guys. I've been usung ripbot 1.15.1 for a while now and successfully encoded 15 Blu-rays to 1080P MKV files. Lately I've been getting crashed X264_x64.exe errors on my 2nd pass only. The first pass flys through with no problems. I am running on an intel I7 oc to 3.8, 6GB, p6X58 Mobo, windows 7 x64 with the lastest Java x86, x64, Avisyth 2.5.8, hali media splitter 1.9.42.1, ffdshow rev 3316 x64, ffshow rev 3322 x86 clsid and netfx64. I tried removing and installing everything all over again and still can't figure out why this keeps happening. I read a few posts back that downgrading to the old x264.exe can fix this problem but im not sure how to configure ripbot to recognize the new files since i'm trying to replace both 64 and 32 bit versions. Ripbot finishes the job in less than 1 second when you hit the start encoding button which is unusual. I also tried to download and use the 1471 newer builds of x264 but no luck either.

Anyway if you guys can help an old newb out i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

solution: give me your i7 setup and I'll give you my phenom setup. you won't have anymore problems!

theshadow12345
23rd March 2010, 17:05
try new ffdshow r3326 http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/
Also check first post

I'll try ffdshow r3326 if the error comes back on this 2nd pass. Usually it doesn't get pass 65%. right now it's on 4% with less than 3 hours to go.

I'll check out that memtest86 but the cpu test im pretty sure its ok. The temps on that @ 100% full load does not get pass 74 tops. I think this is acceptable.

solution: give me your i7 setup and I'll give you my phenom setup. you won't have anymore problems!

No thanks. I've always been an Intel guy. Never used AMD but was very close in getting the X4.

Woqini
23rd March 2010, 21:42
I can't get 1.15.1 to work, i get the x264 crash constantly. Went back to 1.15.0 and everything works perfect.

Probably posted before, but how the h... can a 19 GB movie like Madagascar 2 be boiled down to 2.4 GB with Ripbot using CQ22 ???

Quality is "in my eyes" identical to the original. It's 8x smaller than the original!!!!

Great program !!!

pacaveli211
23rd March 2010, 22:16
animated stuff will usually compress a lot better while still maintaining decent quality

Balthazar2k4
24th March 2010, 02:03
I'll check out that memtest86 but the cpu test im pretty sure its ok. The temps on that @ 100% full load does not get pass 74 tops. I think this is acceptable.

Temperature is far from an indicator of system stability. I run an i7 @ 4ghz and runs temps in the mid 80s. The key to stability (or at least as I have found) with an i7 is in the vCore. Edging it up even slightly can make a world of difference in the system stability at full load. Yes, it will cause higher temps, but I have been pushing mine for a year without fail. In fact, running in the 80s on an oc'ed i7 is fairly common. Try running Prime95 for at least 12 hours. If your machine can hack it then you are most likely ok. A normal program, even x264, won't stress the processor as much as Prime.

soneca
24th March 2010, 02:35
The Linx program is the most extressante I know!!

If my i7 worked up the original clock I would not have the courage to use it!

Balthazar2k4
24th March 2010, 07:39
The Linx program is the most extressante I know!!

If my i7 worked up the original clock I would not have the courage to use it!

Honestly, any recognized stress testing program will work. I have run Linx (LinPack) on my machine for 24 hours without issue. The key is the testing conditions themselves. Always run with a minimal configuration of background resources. Remember that Windows is using resources while running the stress test, so the least # of apps stealing cycles in the background the better. A stable machine is a stable machine regardless of which stress test you use.

benjyv
24th March 2010, 08:07
Hi ,

I have a question for connnaiseurs...

I tried to encode a .ts file those size is about 8,4 GB ,from 1980 to 720.
I made all required settings and it shows me 4,372,895 frames to be processed.
The time ??? Well , at least 34 hours..:D

Is this situation a normal one ???
What should I do to accelerate the whole process of encoding ??

Thanks for future answers !!!
Looking forward for them.....

Mr. Monte
24th March 2010, 10:57
I have a unique (to me anyway) situation. When, and only when I rip a DVD-5 (Video_TS), MPEG II DVD and then encode with Ripbot. I get lines across the screen (almost like tearing or interlace lines. Even though the DVD is not interlaced. If I select deinterlace with TF 29.97 the lines go away, but the picture is "not as sharp"

To attempt to figure out the culprit, I use HandBrake (since all codecs are self-contained). Handbrake does not show this issue.

So, I believe it may be a codec issue...but how to I find out. RipBot has all its own codecs in the tools folders.

I am using Windows 7 with a i7 720 processor.

Any help would be appreciated.

soneca
24th March 2010, 12:24
A stable machine is a stable machine regardless of which stress test you use.
I agree with you!
But I never liked overclocking, I prefer the machine to work within the standard. In other words, a cool head.:D
It is summer here, with the ambient temperature of 27 degrees the processor (Akasa AK-967) reaches 63 degrees, using the x264 which is already good enough.

Boss_man
24th March 2010, 18:03
Hello Atak love the program! I came accross a VC1 Video file from my Blu-ray back up that I would like to convert to MKV or MP4. Is Ripbot compatible with this file? if yes, how can I convert it? THanks

Edit: I demux it to MKV and tried to load it and got this error message: "DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start.
(D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job3\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

benjyv
24th March 2010, 19:15
...and got this error message: "DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start.
(D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job3\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Did a DirectX update, reinstalled ffdshow and MatroskaSplitter and the error is gone

Thanks for NON answers to my previous question ! :D
I wonder if much point to post here ...
However, I will try again once more :
- to accelerate the encoding process , if fps increase from 2000 to 6000 or even to 8000, does it counts?
or will only influence the image quality ??

PS : to encode I'm using only Ripbot264 ;)

Boss_man
24th March 2010, 19:43
Did a DirectX update, reinstalled ffdshow and MatroskaSplitter and the error is gone

Nice, thanks for the response. I'm using Win 7 64bit and think Direct x is up to date. What directory should I install MatroskaSplitter? Sorry for the newb question

Atak_Snajpera
24th March 2010, 21:09
@Mr. Monte
use inverse telecine

@Boss_man
1) uninstall everything (avisynth,ffdshow,haali media splitter)
2) reboot
3) install everything again

Also if you have windows xp you must also install this Windows Media Player 11!