PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

kikker
15th September 2009, 04:58
Ripbot treats THD and DTS-MA differently, and I'm trying to figure out the reason why.

If a BD has a THD stream, and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed LPCM (.wav) that has been converted from 24-bit to 16-bit, which is fine. But, if you want to mux an AC3 track into an MKV, the aften encoder is required. Why can't the core AC3 be demuxed like the DTS core is automatically extracted?

If a BD has a DTS-MA stream and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed DTS core. If I had the TMT decoder, would Ripbot then demux to LPCM instead of the core DTS?

slow4mula
15th September 2009, 06:20
Ripbot treats THD and DTS-MA differently, and I'm trying to figure out the reason why.

If a BD has a THD stream, and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed LPCM (.wav) that has been converted from 24-bit to 16-bit, which is fine. But, if you want to mux an AC3 track into an MKV, the aften encoder is required. Why can't the core AC3 be demuxed like the DTS core is automatically extracted?

If a BD has a DTS-MA stream and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed DTS core. If I had the TMT decoder, would Ripbot then demux to LPCM instead of the core DTS?

yes i think you will get lpcm. i haven't tested it though, i've just used eac3to from the command line to create a lpcm wav from dts-hd. maybe there is better compatibility with lpcm but the intact hd audio is so much smaller and doesn't cause all these issues with tsmuxer (and doesn't require arcsoft).

i just installed that older trial/update of tmt and it allowed eac3to to extract lpcm from dts-ma hd.

mouw
15th September 2009, 08:20
the only drawback with manually muxing with this method is you lose the chapter points, so the default is 5min intervals-- i'm sure there is probably a way to keep original chapter points with tsmuxer

using the TsMuxRgui
3rd tab over (BluRay)
set CUSTOM
copy in the Chapter TIMES only
get from RipBot's Chapter.txt
BUT u need to clean OFF everything but the TIMES (00:00:00.000)
Hint: use NOTEPAD and EDIT--REPLACE--FIND "" REPLACE with (leave Blank)

kikker
15th September 2009, 14:53
Is it really true that Ripbot no longer uses eac3to's ability to extract the core AC3 when selecting a TrueHD stream in the drop-down menu?? The core DTS is extracted just fine from the DTS-MA track.

Previous Ripbot tutorials allude to Ripbot being able to extract the core AC3, so is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks...

Nkotok
15th September 2009, 20:11
nope it works pretty good actually. i've done two blurays with dts-ma hd and a few old hd-dvd discs and one bluray with dolby truehd and they all play fine on my ps3 without issue no audio sync issues at all. standalone players should play them fine as well i would think, but i dunno i don't see the point of a standalone blu-ray player over a ps3.

1. i just use clownbd to rip out the dts-ma hd/dolby true hd audio track from the source

2. input the bluray rip as usual into ripbot and select no audio.

3. i subtract the size of unaltered audio track from 23830mb (bd-r size preset in ripbot) and select two pass and input this value into ripbot so i don't have to calculate it myself. i would factor in ~200mb additional to the size of the audio track to make sure you don't transcode too large of a video track. i did a couple movies where the resulting video track was a little too large after muxing with the unaltered audio track and i had to cut some of the credits with tsmuxer or re-encode the video track again.

3. mux the video track from ripbot and the unaltered hd audio stream with tsmuxer to bluray and burn to bd-r.

bd-r discs are coming down in price, i've seen name brand stuff dip below $3.00 in quantities of 15, so for a movie i want a good backup of i am willing to spend a few bucks (plus some in electricity lol with these twp core i7 setups i have).

atak could add this functionality pretty easy i would think so it is as simple as creating a dvd-dl backup using ac3 5.1/dts 5.1 audio. it would be cool to see that happen since there is no reason to convert to lpcm for all hd audio sources. it just wastes space and possibly could lose quality. it also makes incompatible lpcm tracks that tsmuxer errors out on with sync issues. that is why it just dawned upon me to use the unaltered hd audio instead of converting it to lpcm. the only benefit i see to lpcm is it might be more widely compatible to some standalone bluray players? i know ripbot will always take 24 bit hd audio and downsample it to 16 bit to save space, but why even do that? also if you just mux the original hd audio track you don't have to screw with installing any kind of dts-ma hd decoder like arcsoft because you aren't converting to lpcm.

i would love to see ripbot just load a bluray playlist with the option to truly stream copy the dts-ma hd/true hd tracks and just transcode the video without using multiple tools. all clownbd is comprised of is eac3to and tsmuxer (i believe). this will truly be the optimal method as bd-r media continues to fall in price. even every 7.1 dts-ma hd track i have seen is only 5-7gb, so that still leaves a great deal of room for the transcoded video.

the only drawback with manually muxing with this method is you lose the chapter points, so the default is 5min intervals after this, but i don't really care about that at all...i think the predefined chapter points are pretty useless and would rather have fixed intervals. i'm sure there is probably a way to keep original chapter points with tsmuxer, but i could care less.

and just imho i still liked hd-dvd better as a format over blu-ray. honestly you don't need near 50gb of space for a damn movie. 30gb is more than sufficient with a good 1080p encode and writeable hd-dvd dl would probably been cheaper than bd-r.

i just did the king kong hd-dvd -> bd-r with this method and to me it is one of the best looking movies ever to be released on either format. it fits comfortably on a 30gb hd-dvd with hd audio and it is over 3 hours of runtime. i still wish hd-dvd was around so we might have gotten cheaper writeable 30gb discs. oh well.

here is my vote for true stream copying of hd audio tracks with ripbot :)

with a blu-ray to bd-r backup keeping the original audio track intact my original blu-ray could burn in a fire and i wouldn't feel like i really lost anything :) for $3 bucks and some time that is definately worth it to me.

again thanks atak for writing such a bomb gui/application. we all appreciate it!

Thanks a lot. That is exactly how I was going to proceed. You just confirmed my intended steps and I am glad everything works in this method. I also hate that RipBot can not just leave the HD sound as is. That is its biggest negative, in my opinion.

hoju3508
15th September 2009, 21:19
Is this a screen capture on the PC?

I've seen this problem on my PC but when I burned the output to the disc it's fine.

Good Morning,

I have a problem encoding HD-DVD-material using the HIGH 4 profile..
There is a green marging at the bottom of the picture. You can see another stripe with blurred color over the black bottom margin.
How can I avoid this ?

Thanks alot for your help.

Jeff Flowerday
15th September 2009, 21:29
Windows 7 x64, latest version of ripbot. AVI synth 2.58 and the last build of ffdshow.

I've got a bunch of TV series DVDs that I've ripped using makemkv. Basically mpeg2 stream and a single AC3 audio stream.

I don't know if I'm missing something but every thing I try via ripbot ends up with the audio out of sync. I'm basically just doing standard 4.0 profile CQ 18, with audio copied into another mkv container, no audio conversion.

Thoughts?

BlindBandit
16th September 2009, 06:10
Hey Atak Snajpera, in the near future you going to add the Zune HD profile since it has 480x272 16:9 res.

wolfbane5
16th September 2009, 07:09
I've been using ripbot for a while now on vista and it works great; however, I'll be switching to windows 7 in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues running ripbot on 7? Also, I was planning on installing 7 x64, so would the x64 version of the x264 codec automatically be installed with ripbot? Also, what do you gain from using x64 vs. x86 x264 codec?

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
16th September 2009, 12:52
Hey Atak Snajpera, in the near future you going to add the Zune HD profile since it has 480x272 16:9 res.
Just use iPod profile

I've been using ripbot for a while now on vista and it works great; however, I'll be switching to windows 7 in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues running ripbot on 7? Also, I was planning on installing 7 x64, so would the x64 version of the x264 codec automatically be installed with ripbot? Also, what do you gain from using x64 vs. x86 x264 codec?

Thanks.
I have been using RipBOt264 on Windows 7 RTM x64 without any problems. x64 x264 is around 5% faster than x86 version.

I don't know if I'm missing something but every thing I try via ripbot ends up with the audio out of sync. I'm basically just doing standard 4.0 profile CQ 18, with audio copied into another mkv container, no audio conversion.
Always check audio synchronization in preview. if you see any problems adjust delay manually in ripbot264.

I also hate that RipBot can not just leave the HD sound as is. That is its biggest negative, in my opinion.

TrueHD and DTS-MA have variable bitrate. Video bitrate for AVCHD can not be calculated if audio bitrate is not constant. So I decided to decompress TrueHD/DTS-MA to wav (constant bitrate). If you do conversion from HD-DVD/Blu-Ray to Blu-ray (23GB) then you have enough room for uncompressed audio. If you do conversion HD-DVD/Blu-Ray to MKV then I RECOMMEND to use lossless FLAC compression. (smaller size than TrueHD/DTS-MA). I also decided to downconvert from 24bit to 16bit because there is no difference in quality. You would have to have ULTRA expensive equipment to notice small difference. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_bit_depth#Digital_audio) Besides some movies have fake 24bit (16bit+8 empty bit).

DTS core is automatically extracted only if you don't have Arcsoft DTS-HD decoder installed. TrueHD is decoded by libav so you don't need extra decoder to get full hd audio. Remember TrueHD decompressed to .wav and encoded with Aften 640kbps = demuxed AC3 core. I prefer this method because I can increase volume during conversion. Also in terms of quality AC3 640 kbps = DTS 1509 kbps

teddykgb1570
16th September 2009, 15:03
Hey all,

I just recently installed 7 ultimate on my PC. I've used Ripbot a lot with Vista and it's worked great. I started up my first blu-ray encode on 7 and when it gets all the way complete it just starts over? This happens continuously. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it?

Thanks!

Jeff Flowerday
16th September 2009, 15:07
Always check audio synchronization in preview. if you see any problems adjust delay manually in ripbot264.

Seems a little crazy that I have to manually adjust the audio delay to a value I don't know on 1000+ conversions, especially when they are all perfectly in sync in the my source mkv files. I really don't want to get the source discs out and rerip them.

Can I send you a small sample?

Atak_Snajpera
16th September 2009, 15:09
Can I send you a small sample?
yes you can. Use mediafire.com and dgsplit. 50 mb is ok.

kikker
16th September 2009, 15:57
DTS core is automatically extracted only if you don't have Arcsoft DTS-HD decoder installed.
That's great, which is why I *don't* have it installed.

TrueHD is decoded by libav so you don't need extra decoder to get full hd audio.

Why isn't there an option to simply extract the AC3 core from a TrueHD? I'm sure you would make many happy here. There is just something so comforting to know you are taking the original AC3 and NOT an encoded aften one. Many of us SPDIF to their sound system, and you cannot send FLAC over SPDIF - only AC3/DTS. :thanks:

Jeff Flowerday
16th September 2009, 16:15
yes you can. Use mediafire.com and dgsplit. 50 mb is ok.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tw1fjxwlniu

There's a bit of narative at the beginning of the clip but towards the end there is some dialog.

Atak_Snajpera
16th September 2009, 16:49
That's great, which is why I *don't* have it installed.
Why isn't there an option to simply extract the AC3 core from a TrueHD? I'm sure you would make many happy here. There is just something so comforting to know you are taking the original AC3 and NOT an encoded aften one. Many of us SPDIF to their sound system, and you cannot send FLAC over SPDIF - only AC3/DTS.
I will repeat again. AC3 640 kbps = DTS 1,5 Mbps in terms of quality! So it is better to decompress DTS-MA with ArcSoft decoder and then encode to AC3. If you get the same quality why waste space for stupid DTS??????

kikker
16th September 2009, 17:04
OK, thanks for the reply, Atak. It would be great to have a little "core" box next to the "Flac" box, which would allow for the "-core" parameter of eac3to for TrueHD tracks. Would this be easy enough to do?

Atak_Snajpera
16th September 2009, 17:39
http://www.mediafire.com/?tw1fjxwlniu

There's a bit of narative at the beginning of the clip but towards the end there is some dialog.

Add this to your script
video=DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Mama\Desktop\sample-remux.mkv",audio=false,fps=23.976).ConvertToYV12()

Jeff Flowerday
16th September 2009, 19:22
Add this to your script
video=DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Mama\Desktop\sample-remux.mkv",audio=false,fps=23.976).ConvertToYV12()

Thank You! That was it!

PSPNut
17th September 2009, 17:26
Is there a way to semi-permanently change the script for iPhone video conversion? For example, the default:

video=Spline36Resize(video,480,270).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,0,0,2)

I understand that AddBorders(0,0,0,2) is mostly for PSP since the first and last line is not displayed. This issue does not plague the iPhone and also, since the video is being downsampled, I wanted to opt for the simpler and faster BilinerResize:

video=BilinearResize(video,480,272).Sharpen(0.2)

This can be changed for each file being encoded, but it gets rather tedious if there is a large number of files being transcoded. I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this?

Also, I am curious to know if there is a way to convert an entire directory (full of DivX DVRs :)) with the same settings instead of a file at a time?

stryker412
18th September 2009, 03:52
Atak,

If I have a TV series BD title with multiple episodes, each with its own playlist and list of streams, it would be just lovely if the workflow could be streamlined a bit. You see, when I try to queue up each episode one by one, Ripbot needs to re-analyze the entire BD for the playlist/stream structure for each of the episodes I add. It seems as if that should only have to take place before for the first job. In other words, if there are 4 episodes on the disc, one must wait for both the disc analysis and the demuxing for each of the 4 episodes added to the queue. Everything else is just great!

Yes is there anyway to delay demuxing on TV shows? I'm currently ripping my Band of Brothers BD, and each disc has 2 episodes. You have to wait 15 minutes each episode just to set your options then queue. It would be nice to delay demuxing until right before you begin the process.

wakebrder
18th September 2009, 17:44
OK, thanks for the reply, Atak. It would be great to have a little "core" box next to the "Flac" box, which would allow for the "-core" parameter of eac3to for TrueHD tracks. Would this be easy enough to do?

Don't check the FLAC box, and you will have the option to "copy stream". That will give you core AC3 or DTS depending on what the disc is encoded with (True-HD or DTS-MA)

So, the option is already there.

kikker
18th September 2009, 18:35
Don't check the FLAC box, and you will have the option to "copy stream". That will give you core AC3 or DTS depending on what the disc is encoded with (True-HD or DTS-MA)

So, the option is already there.

No, it doesn't work that way. TrueHD is always uncompressed to WAV. There is no way to extract the core AC3 without another app. Which version are you running?

Nkotok
18th September 2009, 20:55
nope it works pretty good actually. i've done two blurays with dts-ma hd and a few old hd-dvd discs and one bluray with dolby truehd and they all play fine on my ps3 without issue no audio sync issues at all. standalone players should play them fine as well i would think, but i dunno i don't see the point of a standalone blu-ray player over a ps3.

1. i just use clownbd to rip out the dts-ma hd/dolby true hd audio track from the source

2. input the bluray rip as usual into ripbot and select no audio.

3. i subtract the size of unaltered audio track from 23830mb (bd-r size preset in ripbot) and select two pass and input this value into ripbot so i don't have to calculate it myself. i would factor in ~200mb additional to the size of the audio track to make sure you don't transcode too large of a video track. i did a couple movies where the resulting video track was a little too large after muxing with the unaltered audio track and i had to cut some of the credits with tsmuxer or re-encode the video track again.

3. mux the video track from ripbot and the unaltered hd audio stream with tsmuxer to bluray and burn to bd-r.

bd-r discs are coming down in price, i've seen name brand stuff dip below $3.00 in quantities of 15, so for a movie i want a good backup of i am willing to spend a few bucks (plus some in electricity lol with these twp core i7 setups i have).

atak could add this functionality pretty easy i would think so it is as simple as creating a dvd-dl backup using ac3 5.1/dts 5.1 audio. it would be cool to see that happen since there is no reason to convert to lpcm for all hd audio sources. it just wastes space and possibly could lose quality. it also makes incompatible lpcm tracks that tsmuxer errors out on with sync issues. that is why it just dawned upon me to use the unaltered hd audio instead of converting it to lpcm. the only benefit i see to lpcm is it might be more widely compatible to some standalone bluray players? i know ripbot will always take 24 bit hd audio and downsample it to 16 bit to save space, but why even do that? also if you just mux the original hd audio track you don't have to screw with installing any kind of dts-ma hd decoder like arcsoft because you aren't converting to lpcm.

i would love to see ripbot just load a bluray playlist with the option to truly stream copy the dts-ma hd/true hd tracks and just transcode the video without using multiple tools. all clownbd is comprised of is eac3to and tsmuxer (i believe). this will truly be the optimal method as bd-r media continues to fall in price. even every 7.1 dts-ma hd track i have seen is only 5-7gb, so that still leaves a great deal of room for the transcoded video.

the only drawback with manually muxing with this method is you lose the chapter points, so the default is 5min intervals after this, but i don't really care about that at all...i think the predefined chapter points are pretty useless and would rather have fixed intervals. i'm sure there is probably a way to keep original chapter points with tsmuxer, but i could care less.

and just imho i still liked hd-dvd better as a format over blu-ray. honestly you don't need near 50gb of space for a damn movie. 30gb is more than sufficient with a good 1080p encode and writeable hd-dvd dl would probably been cheaper than bd-r.

i just did the king kong hd-dvd -> bd-r with this method and to me it is one of the best looking movies ever to be released on either format. it fits comfortably on a 30gb hd-dvd with hd audio and it is over 3 hours of runtime. i still wish hd-dvd was around so we might have gotten cheaper writeable 30gb discs. oh well.

here is my vote for true stream copying of hd audio tracks with ripbot :)

with a blu-ray to bd-r backup keeping the original audio track intact my original blu-ray could burn in a fire and i wouldn't feel like i really lost anything :) for $3 bucks and some time that is definately worth it to me.

again thanks atak for writing such a bomb gui/application. we all appreciate it!

I tried this way finally and have a couple of questions.
First, when you are extracting audio only through Clown_BD, what output format do you choose? I used TSmuxer's demux instead of Clown_BD to rip the audio off.

And secondly, after I used Ripbot for video only and then tried to mux it with the HD audio in TSmuxer, it worked but in the result the program always seems to show "B-pyramid level detected, shift DST 2 frames" (or something like that).
Does anybody know what this b-pyramid is and why it happens and if it is bad or not?

RainyDog
18th September 2009, 21:44
I'm trying to convert a 1920x1080@29.97fps transport stream to 720p@23.976fps but can't seem to get the Ripbot settings down. Media Info reports the former scan type as progressive so no deinterlacing is needed. But if I set Ripbot to decimate > 23.976fps only, the resulting video judders badly and the A/V is out of sync.

However, I've found that encoding without decimating, then remuxing the resulting .mkv in MKVMerge and flagging the video as 23.976fps, it plays back smoothly. Is it possible the original .ts is actually 23.976fps but is flagged incorrectly as 29.97fps? It's a HDTV cap of a film.

pacaveli211
19th September 2009, 00:20
anyone have a guide for setting options in the ini file?
I've already adjusted most of them as desired but I'd like to add:
LockSize=1
Size=7610
I already have
DefaultProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles
DefaultEncodingMode=2-pass
DefaultModeValue=15000 (random number, if the above can be completed it will auto adjust the bitrate)

is there a way to add the locked file size?

dirk362
20th September 2009, 10:32
In the change log for 1.14.3 it was stated "Fixed: too big undersize for mkv", and I've had great success with 1.14.3 with almost exact or marginally under. There is no mention of any changes in 1.14.4 around this area, but 3 encodes out of 3 are larger than 1.14.3 using exact same settings (fixed size of x, 2-pass, same profile etc). The only difference would be the version of x264 (I was previously using x264 0.72.1240 35627b6 with 1.14.3) and 1.14.4 now uses x264 0.75.1251M e553a4c.
Would that explain it, or is there anything else people can think of ? (of course I will re-test with the same release of x264, I'm just asking in case there is a generic issue in 1.14.4).

RainyDog
20th September 2009, 16:39
I'm trying to convert a 1920x1080@29.97fps transport stream to 720p@23.976fps but can't seem to get the Ripbot settings down. Media Info reports the former scan type as progressive so no deinterlacing is needed. But if I set Ripbot to decimate > 23.976fps only, the resulting video judders badly and the A/V is out of sync.

However, I've found that encoding without decimating, then remuxing the resulting .mkv in MKVMerge and flagging the video as 23.976fps, it plays back smoothly. Is it possible the original .ts is actually 23.976fps but is flagged incorrectly as 29.97fps? It's a HDTV cap of a film.

Hmm, I'm still stuck in sussing out how to handle this source :confused: I went ahead with the full encode, leaving the framerate at 29.97 and only cropping and resizing to 720p (at the correct AR). As per my short clip testing, the A/V is out of sync in the resulting .mkv, so I remuxed with MKV Merge and set the framerate to 23.976. But this just lengthened the running time by x1.25 (obviously 23.976x1.25=29.97).

Anyway, I went back to my source and demuxed the video from the .ts. TSMuxer tells me it's 29.97 with pulldown, so I set TSMuxer to remove the pulldown which then leaves me with a raw .mpv that Media Info states is 23.976fps. However, when I load this into Ripbot (after renaming to a .m2v) the running time is recognised as 1.25x longer than it really is. So, is there anything else I can try? Do I need to do some groundwork with DGIndex on my source and load into Ripbot via. an AVS script?

Hopefully somebody can make sense of what I'm trying to say and cheers in advance for any help.

Atak_Snajpera
20th September 2009, 18:29
send me 50 mb sample. Use DGSplit and www.mediafire.com

wakebrder
21st September 2009, 01:22
No, it doesn't work that way. TrueHD is always uncompressed to WAV. There is no way to extract the core AC3 without another app. Which version are you running?

Well, it works that way for me.

Using .3. I had some issues with .4.

dragonkeeper
21st September 2009, 01:28
I to was having the x264 crash with the following error msg:Assertion failed: dpb_output_delay < pow( 2, sps->vui.nal_hrd_parameters.i_dpb_output_delay_length but using the patched x264 exe that Atak linked to appears to have corrected this problem. Will know in 9 hr or so :). Thx for all your hard work Atak.
On another note i recently upgraded my Media PC to a Phenom 9950 (2.6GHz BE Quad Core), 4 GB of 1066Ghz ram, ATI 4350 HD video card, and two 1TB Hard drives, OS Windows XP SP3 on a separate 40 GB drive. I'm getting about 4 fps while encoding first pass :( Is this the norm?
2. From what i have read in the forums upgrading to the 64bit version of XP will net me about a 10% performance gain. Does the same hold true for Windows 7?
3. How big of a gain can i expect if i over clock my system to 3GHz?

kikker
21st September 2009, 03:04
Well, it works that way for me.

Using .3. I had some issues with .4.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. When you load the M2TS, and you select the TrueHD audio stream, you do NOT have the option of 'copy stream' for an MKV, as that would require Ripbot to extract the core AC3 from the TrueHD stream. Instead, Ripbot decompresses the TrueHD to PCM (*.WAV) in the temp folder.

UNLESS, I'm missing something strange here, where perhaps my machine possesses a special TrueHD decoder for which you do not have on your system. That could explain what you think to be an AC3 extraction from the original stream.

Can any confirm what I'm talking about here?

dragonkeeper
21st September 2009, 07:57
After spending most of the day reading the forums and searching the web, I am unable to find a resolution for my problem. Ripbot is running extremely slow. My system specs are as follows:

WinXP Sp3 (fresh install)
4gb of 1066 ram
ATI 4350 HD video card
2- 1TB hard drives (recently formatted\installed for this PC build)

HD content has been ripped to my hard drive. I am currently trying to convert Heroes 1080P HD DVD(VC-1 title) to mkv. Only converting one episode while i try to figure out best settings to use. Episodes are just under an hour in length. I demuxed the evo file using eac3to, and converted the AC3+ audio to AC3 audio using eac3to.
Encoding settings are as follow:

Profile=HD BluRay Consoles(no changes)
Mode=2-Pass
Lock Size=2000(I figure 2 gig is good enough for an hour of video @ this setting KPBS average 4800)
The issue is that the encode is taking what seems to be an abnormally long time. First pass ran at about 4fps and took almost 5 hours. Second pass is running at around 2fps with an eta of 8 hours. Form what I've seen in benchmarks and read in the forums i should be seeing much better performance than this. Any one have any thoughts as to where my problem my lies. By the way this is on my media PC and there are no other apps running(with the exception of VNC, I control the Media Center with a tablet PC) I also have terminated all unnecessary processes.
I am running RipBot264 v1.14.4, any thoughts on what could be causing my issue?

RainyDog
21st September 2009, 07:58
send me 50 mb sample. Use DGSplit and www.mediafire.com

Thanks Atak but I managed to sort it. I used TS Muxer to remove the pulldown but instead of demuxing, remuxed into a new .ts which loaded into Ripbot with the correct framerate and running length. The only thing left is the audio as I'm trying to pair the DTS track from my DVD which is a few seconds shorter than the video and so gradually drifts out of sync. But I'll try using MKV Merge's stretch function and see if that does the trick...

wakebrder
21st September 2009, 14:41
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. When you load the M2TS, and you select the TrueHD audio stream, you do NOT have the option of 'copy stream' for an MKV, as that would require Ripbot to extract the core AC3 from the TrueHD stream. Instead, Ripbot decompresses the TrueHD to PCM (*.WAV) in the temp folder.

UNLESS, I'm missing something strange here, where perhaps my machine possesses a special TrueHD decoder for which you do not have on your system. That could explain what you think to be an AC3 extraction from the original stream.

Can any confirm what I'm talking about here?

I'm making AVC-HD not MKV, could that be the difference?

TSMuxer has no problem extracting the core from HD audio and Ripbot264 uses TSMuxer so, what else would "Copy Stream" mean?

Could you comment on this Atak?

PSPNut
21st September 2009, 14:49
2. From what i have read in the forums upgrading to the 64bit version of XP will net me about a 10% performance gain. Does the same hold true for Windows 7?
3. How big of a gain can i expect if i over clock my system to 3GHz?

2. Yes, around 10% or less.

3. In my experience, x264 scales rather linearly with clock speed (I am using an overclocked i7 920), so you should see at least 10% gain moving from 2.66 -> 3 GHz

kikker
21st September 2009, 15:14
I'm making AVC-HD not MKV, could that be the difference?

TSMuxer has no problem extracting the core from HD audio and Ripbot264 uses TSMuxer so, what else would "Copy Stream" mean?

Yes, it would be easy to extract the core, but this does not happen. Any TrueHD audio track you select will be demuxed to *.WAV, which is PCM, or uncompressed audio (think HUGE file size). Check it out for yourself in the temp folder. It is a *.WAV file and very big. You wouldn't want to 'copy stream' this *.WAV into a MKV, as that wouldn't make much sense. You *can* 'copy stream' it into an AVCHD, or Blu-Ray format, but it is larger than the original TrueHD, which also doesn't make much sense to do. That is why you have the 'copy stream' option for the AVCHD output. Just because you see 'copy stream' as an option does not mean it's extracting the core AC3 from the TrueHD source. But, as I said before, giving the user the option to extract the core AC3 would be a very easy thing to implement by Atak. Lastly, eac3to is extracting the streams in Ripbot, not Tsmuxer.

dragonkeeper
21st September 2009, 19:15
@ PSPNut
Thanks for the confirmation, now if only I could figure what's dragging my system down I'll be good to go.

wakebrder
22nd September 2009, 00:35
Yes, it would be easy to extract the core, but this does not happen. Any TrueHD audio track you select will be demuxed to *.WAV, which is PCM, or uncompressed audio (think HUGE file size). Check it out for yourself in the temp folder. It is a *.WAV file and very big. You wouldn't want to 'copy stream' this *.WAV into a MKV, as that wouldn't make much sense. You *can* 'copy stream' it into an AVCHD, or Blu-Ray format, but it is larger than the original TrueHD, which also doesn't make much sense to do. That is why you have the 'copy stream' option for the AVCHD output. Just because you see 'copy stream' as an option does not mean it's extracting the core AC3 from the TrueHD source. But, as I said before, giving the user the option to extract the core AC3 would be a very easy thing to implement by Atak. Lastly, eac3to is extracting the streams in Ripbot, not Tsmuxer.

You are correct. I have no idea what version this was changed in.:confused:

This does not make any sense to me why Ripbot would extract the core of DTS-MA, but not True-HD. Strange....

BTW, I sent you a PM.

JohnnyB.Good
22nd September 2009, 00:59
Using Windows Vista. Got an error with the latest version 1.14.4, 0% audio enconding error%. Settings Aftern 5.1 on a DTS Master audio track (The Thing) I tried reinstalling ffdshow... nothing, same error. Went back to 1.14.3 and it works beautifully.

slow4mula
22nd September 2009, 01:52
After spending most of the day reading the forums and searching the web, I am unable to find a resolution for my problem. Ripbot is running extremely slow. My system specs are as follows:

4gb of 1066 ram
ATI 4350 HD video card

HD content has been ripped to my hard drive. I am currently trying to convert Heroes 1080P HD DVD(VC-1 title) to mkv. Only converting one episode while i try to figure out best settings to use. Episodes are just under an hour in length. I demuxed the evo file using eac3to, and converted the AC3+ audio to AC3 audio using eac3to.

Mode=2-Pass
Lock Size=2000(I figure 2 gig is good enough for an hour of video @ this setting KPBS average 4800)
The issue is that the encode is taking what seems to be an abnormally long time. First pass ran at about 4fps and took almost 5 hours. Second pass is running at around 2fps with an eta of 8 hours. Form what I've seen in benchmarks and read in the forums i should be seeing much better performance than this. Any one have any thoughts as to where my problem my lies. By the way this is on my media PC and there are no other apps running(with the exception of VNC, I control the Media Center with a tablet PC) I also have terminated all unnecessary processes.

you posted system specs, but not the processor you are running which is what x264 uses to transcode.

you will get crap speed like that doing 1080p transcoding with an older cpu.

i tried a 1080p transcode from bluray->avchd on a core 2 duo laptop and i got crap speeds like that (2-4fps 2nd pass).

you need a core 2 quad at minimum and a core i7 setup if you can afford it.

my core i7 based xeon @ 4ghz ranges from 14-20 fps 2nd pass default settings when doing bluray->avchd @ 1080p to fit a dvd-dl disc. if i do a blu-ray to bd-r it is even slower (10-15fps).

i bet you are using an older dual core processor.

you gotta pay to play :)

fyi; you might have been looking at 720p benchmarks, which will be at least twice as fast as 1080p benchmarks. using that graysky 720p x264 benchmarks i get 100+fps first pass and ~40fps second pass.

slow4mula
22nd September 2009, 01:56

i agree when selecting to output to bd-r backup size (23830) then "stream copy" should become an available option so ripbot will just demux unaltered hd audio (true-hd, dts-ma hd, lpcm). lpcm might have to be converted to w64 wav if tsmuxer will not mux the unaltered lpcm from a bluray. the only blu-rays i have run into that came with a lpcm track were the harry potter movies and nin halo 22.

dragonkeeper
22nd September 2009, 03:45
@slow4mula

you posted system specs, but not the processor you are running which is what x264 uses to transcode
Thanks for the feed back.
I'm running a (Quad core) 9950BE at the stock 2.6GHz, will be overclocking to 3.0GHz when new cooler and video card arrive.

TotalHavoc
22nd September 2009, 04:08
Is there anyway to prevent the down conversion of DTS-MA 24bit to Flac 16bit? Can I just go into the Blu-Ray_ExtractStreams.cmd and delete -down16, then rerun that cmd file? If I do that what do I do next?

8ternity
22nd September 2009, 05:07

4gb of 1066 ram
ATI 4350 HD video card

Mode=2-Pass

What i can recommand you, install windows vista home premium 32-bit with sp1 preinstalled, and make all updates. for the machine you describe, it's an great os and much more stable!

i just change my processor dual core for an quad cores without reformating windows after make the processor upgrades and 1pass was pretty fast for 1080p (3h30 for 1-pass) more than 13fps

see my snapshot tryout

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1322609#post1322609

btw:thanks:

dragonkeeper
22nd September 2009, 06:22
@ 8ternity

Thx for the info.

What i can recommend you, install windows vista home premium
I loath the Vista OS like I've loathed no other, I hardly ever use my laptop because of it (would have switched to a Linux flavor or even XP if i could have found drivers for nic card.) At least MS admits they dropped the ball on that one. Will be getting Window 7 Ultimate x64 as soon as it's released in states.

(3h30 for 1-pass) more than 13fps
Very nice, I was guesstimating that i would be somewhere in the ballpark of 7 - 11 fps, 2fps is totally unacceptable considering that this hardware was purchased to make encoding my Blu-Ray and HD DVD collection possible. At this rate i could switch back to my Athlon X2 @ 2.8GHz and get a 30% speed increase.

I see that you were running Ripbot264 version 1.11.5.

Have you done an encode with the latest version? (It may be me but it seems that some of the applications that RipBot uses are hit or miss with some processors cough, cough, AMD.)
If so did you see any changes in your FPS?

I'm just curious to now if the version change is having an impact. I believe I was running 1.13.1 on my dual core, I'm no exactly sure as it's been about 6-8 months ago.

At the moment i'm preparing to run stress test (memtest86+, Sp2004, prime95) on the system to see if they reveal anything. I built this system about 5 moths ago and it's just been sitting collecting dust I don't remember running stress test at that time which is something i always do with new builds.

BTW: If any one is looking toi build a new HTPC from scratch look at the ASRock boards with Instant Boot. My system boots in under 10 seconds, it's pretty sweet. :)

dragonkeeper
22nd September 2009, 20:57
O.k total weirdness today. I have not made any modifications to my system and today for some strange reason I'm getting 13 - 15 fps on first pass, and 8.1 - 8.7 FPS on second pass. This is about 3 times faster that i posted previously. Has any one else seen behavior like this?

PSPNut
23rd September 2009, 16:17
I have not made any modifications to my system and today for some strange reason I'm getting 13 - 15 fps on first pass, and 8.1 - 8.7 FPS on second pass. This is about 3 times faster that i posted previously. Has any one else seen behavior like this?

Yes, it was caused by my CPU overheating (fan fell off) and it underclocked itself.

Maybe yours was overheating previously?

dragonkeeper
23rd September 2009, 17:00
THX PSPNut, i believe that you are correct. My idle tmps are hovering around 45 degrees. During my last encode i noticed tmps reaching as high as 65 degrees. Hopefully my new cooler will be in today.

slow4mula
25th September 2009, 01:37
THX PSPNut, i believe that you are correct. My idle tmps are hovering around 45 degrees. During my last encode i noticed tmps reaching as high as 65 degrees. Hopefully my new cooler will be in today.

those temps are normal for an intel quad core on air.

with the best aircooling an overclocked core i7 will go over 80 degrees celcius when overclocked at 100% load.

i need to use watercooling to keep my i7 920 @ 4.0 ghz at ~65C when under full load on all cores.

13/15 first pass and 7/8 second pass would be right about what i would expect @ 1080p. that's about what my old q6600 @ 3.0 ghz would spit out.

7ekno
26th September 2009, 14:52
Nice program, hadn't used it before :)

Just a couple of quick questions (too speed workflow a little):

1) Is there a way of turning off the "Grabbing Frame" feature (using AVS scripts, so don't need to edit anything in the frameview - it slows down queing quite a bit with 0.15FPS filter chains!!!)?

2) Is there a way of setting an Audio format as default (and Normalisation values, etc)?

I realise both of these may be an .INI feature, but I was unable to find the corrent syntax :)

7ek

hoju3508
26th September 2009, 17:25
Can RipBot264 convert 29.97fps source to 23.967fps?

EDIT: I found some options to force the output to 23.967 fps. Will try it now.

8ternity
26th September 2009, 20:44
@ 8ternity

Thx for the info.

I loath the Vista OS like I've loathed no other, I hardly ever use my laptop because of it (would have switched to a Linux flavor or even XP if i could have found drivers for nic card.) At least MS admits they dropped the ball on that one. Will be getting Window 7 Ultimate x64 as soon as it's released in states.

Very nice, I was guesstimating that i would be somewhere in the ballpark of 7 - 11 fps, 2fps is totally unacceptable considering that this hardware was purchased to make encoding my Blu-Ray and HD DVD collection possible. At this rate i could switch back to my Athlon X2 @ 2.8GHz and get a 30% speed increase.

I see that you were running Ripbot264 version 1.11.5.

Have you done an encode with the latest version? (It may be me but it seems that some of the applications that RipBot uses are hit or miss with some processors cough, cough, AMD.)
If so did you see any changes in your FPS?

I'm just curious to now if the version change is having an impact. I believe I was running 1.13.1 on my dual core, I'm no exactly sure as it's been about 6-8 months ago.

At the moment i'm preparing to run stress test (memtest86+, Sp2004, prime95) on the system to see if they reveal anything. I built this system about 5 moths ago and it's just been sitting collecting dust I don't remember running stress test at that time which is something i always do with new builds.

BTW: If any one is looking toi build a new HTPC from scratch look at the ASRock boards with Instant Boot. My system boots in under 10 seconds, it's pretty sweet. :)

Seriously i was using the version 1.11.5 because all other release can't syncronized audio delay perfectly. I was using all latest version of ffdshow, clsid revision, latest avisynth and latest ripbot, and still having trouble. With that version i was able to get conversion done with making a lot of test.

Atak recommand me to change my amd dual core 6400+ 3.20 ghz processor for an quad. i finally reinstall windows and all directx latest revision, make all fresh install and get same trouble.

I really dont find the trouble why audio sync can't syncronized.

It's why i turn back in my log movie conversions to see what version was stable in the past, and make it done with the latest ffdshow and sometimes i get trouble but need to play a lot with delay audio. the trouble i get, i can't find the audio delay from the original mkv and tranfert into ripbot. if i took an original blu-ray, all is ok.

gohamstergo
26th September 2009, 21:53
somehow my jobs list got cleared when i had 8 jobs in it. I still have the jobs folders with the demuxed audio/video and subtitles. Is there any way to restore it? tried search to no avail :\ i also see the jobs.list and jobs.state files but no idea what to do with them.

EDIT: I see I can add the job's .avs file...is that the proper way to do it?

TheImperial2004
27th September 2009, 06:22
Any chance to include MB-Tree and VAQ/AutoVAQ controls soon ?

What an awesome tool ! Arigatou !

Edit : I replaced x264_x86.exe file with an x264.nl build (after renaming off course) , RipBot 264 refused to encode with it ? Can someone shed some light ?

kikker
27th September 2009, 19:03
Remove the --nal-hrd from your profile. This option is not valid at least for 1259, the current recommended version. You can also find what went wrong in the Ripbot logs. BTW, 1-pass encodes go WAY down in bitrate with this build, and you need to lower the rate factor substantially in order to achieve a comparable quality encode.

gohamstergo
27th September 2009, 21:22
It seems my jobs queue disappeared because ripbot decided to change the hard drive it uses for temp files. Can there please be an option to select the temp file hard drive? This is the first problem ive encountered with ripbot directly, other than that its been working great. thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2009, 22:29
Ripbot264.ini

Dark Shikari
27th September 2009, 22:32
BTW, 1-pass encodes go WAY down in bitrate with this buildNo it doesn't. It goes "way up" sometimes and "way down" sometimes. If it always went "way down", I would have adjusted CRF accordingly.and you need to lower the rate factor substantially in order to achieve a comparable quality encode.No you don't.

kikker
27th September 2009, 22:47
Interesting. I'll have to perform more encodes, but I've experienced relatively large drops in overall file size of encodes since dropping in 1259 in Ripbot with a relative drop in quality at the same crf. The only thing I've had to change was removing the --nal-hrd switch of the default Blu-Ray profile to make it work with the latest Ripbot.

EDIT: I'm now wondering if not cropping has anything to with it, as the encoder sees large areas of black. I'll have to test it with a cropped source.

Dark Shikari
27th September 2009, 23:51
Interesting. I'll have to perform more encodes, but I've experienced relatively large drops in overall file size of encodes since dropping in 1259 in Ripbot with a relative drop in quality at the same crf.If you're referring to the change due to MB-tree (which is already a month+ old now), the Handbrake guys did a lot of tests on DVD sources and in most cases quality dropped marginally (<10%) and bitrate dropped a lot (15-35%).

If you're talking about something other than MB-tree, I have no idea what you're talking about :p

gohamstergo
27th September 2009, 23:56
Ripbot264.ini

well that seems too obvious now....thanks, i feel like a fool :P

QUEENFAN
28th September 2009, 06:12
Is this a screen capture on the PC?

I've seen this problem on my PC but when I burned the output to the disc it's fine.

Thanks for the hint. But I tried it on the weekend with my HTPC and the same problem there.

Any other advice?

Alex_080
28th September 2009, 14:20
Hi friends please help me in this problem with Ripbot264 1.14.4

when i convert a *.avi file with ripbot264 the first step of audio encoding perfectly done but in when the pass 1 start it says job1 complete but nothing done ... is there any problem please tell me:(

i use windos XP
AviSynth 2.58
K-Lite Codec Pack 5.1

deets
28th September 2009, 15:42
Hi friends please help me in this problem with Ripbot264 1.14.4

when i convert a *.avi file with ripbot264 the first step of audio encoding perfectly done but in when the pass 1 start it says job1 complete but nothing done ... is there any problem please tell me:(

i use windos XP
AviSynth 2.58
K-Lite Codec Pack 5.1

remove the codec pack.

just install the basics ripbot needs to work, ffdshow etc

Blackwalker
28th September 2009, 17:44
hi
i i'd like to updated my computer with a second system, windows 7 64bit rc,
just to try it.
Which ffdshow version'd i use?
i fast checked and i didnt find a 64 bit version.

someone can point me in the right direction?
thx! :)

DarkZell666
28th September 2009, 17:59
hi
i i'd like to updated my computer with a second system, windows 7 64bit rc,
just to try it.
Which ffdshow version'd i use?
i fast checked and i didnt find a 64 bit version.

someone can point me in the right direction?

1) http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/
2) View all files
3) "SVN builds by clsid" or "SVN builds by XXL"
4) "64-bit builds" or "win64"
5) Click and download ;)

TheImperial2004
28th September 2009, 22:35
I am feeling that I am being ignored ;)

kikker
29th September 2009, 02:43
I am feeling that I am being ignored ;)

Did you try what I suggested? It's working for me...

hoju3508
29th September 2009, 04:25
On your HTPC, you're still using PowerDVD or Home Media Player correct? I would try playing the disc on a PS3 or stand alone Blu-ray player.

Thanks for the hint. But I tried it on the weekend with my HTPC and the same problem there.

Any other advice?

QUEENFAN
29th September 2009, 07:28
On your HTPC, you're still using PowerDVD or Home Media Player correct? I would try playing the disc on a PS3 or stand alone Blu-ray player.

You're right hoju3508. But I don't want to buy a PS3 when I built a HTPC specially for playing HD-/BR-DVD's. I also own a DMX1000 (popcorn hour MediaPlayer), same problem here.
By the way I don't have problems playing any other mkv except the ones I made myself using ripbot264 and a HD-DVD-rip.

TheImperial2004
29th September 2009, 11:44
Did you try what I suggested? It's working for me...

Sorry , I didn't realize that you answered my quesion :)

My profile doesn't have that switch . So , it is not the case ... Maybe RipBot uses some "special" builds ?

Atak_Snajpera
29th September 2009, 14:32
I have a problem encoding HD-DVD-material using the HIGH 4 profile..
There is a green marging at the bottom of the picture. You can see another stripe with blurred color over the black bottom margin.
How can I avoid this ?

Install windows media player 11 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx) or Windows 7 RTM :)

kikker
29th September 2009, 18:29
Install windows media player 11 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx) or Windows 7 RTM :)

What does WMP11 have that is brought to the chain? :confused:

Atak_Snajpera
29th September 2009, 18:38
What does WMP11 have that is brought to the chain?
VC-1 decoder

Preludee01
29th September 2009, 18:45
Hey, ive been using ripbot for long time now but this time, i get this error. Can someone tell me whats rong? ty

gohamstergo
29th September 2009, 20:11
@Preludee01

are you launching directly from the exe or using a shortcut? if using a shortcut right click > properties and make sure "start in:" is set to the ripbot main directory. this happened to me then i discovered my "start in" field wasn't correct. a strange error for sure...

or

its possible ripbot is checking for your temp files on the wrong harddrive. if you know the drive they are currently on, go into ripbot264.ini (main directory i believe) and set the temp drive to the correct one. only type C, D, etc. not C: or C:\

also, not sure if youre a privacy addict or not, but not sure if you want to be displaying what seems to be your full name.

Preludee01
29th September 2009, 23:18
Hey. I dont use a shorcut, i just run it direct fomr the RipBot264. Ive changed the settings on it -from AUTO to C. Its doing the same ting. Ive try to reinstal all the programmes for it, does work this time.. :(

Preludee01
29th September 2009, 23:49
tks gohamstergo. i forgot to remove those name :)

PS: anyone who saw my name forget it:rolleyes:

stryker412
30th September 2009, 03:02
Has anyone gotten "The Hunt for Red October" to work correctly? There are two subtitle tracks. One is all of the spoken dialogue in the movie (both English and Russian), and the other is all the hearing impaired subtitles.

How can I build just the forced Russian parts?

gohamstergo
30th September 2009, 03:02
Hey. I dont use a shorcut, i just run it direct fomr the RipBot264. Ive changed the settings on it -from AUTO to C. Its doing the same ting. Ive try to reinstal all the programmes for it, does work this time.. :(

tks gohamstergo. i forgot to remove those name :)

PS: anyone who saw my name forget it:rolleyes:
a little confused by the response, but all long as its working, glad i could help.

Preludee01
30th September 2009, 03:42
First: sorry for that, i just wanted to say ty to remind me to remove name's when added picture. So i modified my picture.

Second: I tried to put "C" for default, and it does the same thing :( Any thing els you know to do that can work?

Third: My english is bad lol

hoju3508
30th September 2009, 04:11
Understood. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with HD-DVDs. All of my re-encodes have been mkvs or Blu-rays.

-Hoju

You're right hoju3508. But I don't want to buy a PS3 when I built a HTPC specially for playing HD-/BR-DVD's. I also own a DMX1000 (popcorn hour MediaPlayer), same problem here.
By the way I don't have problems playing any other mkv except the ones I made myself using ripbot264 and a HD-DVD-rip.

Blackwalker
30th September 2009, 06:52
1) http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/
2) View all files
3) "SVN builds by clsid" or "SVN builds by XXL"
4) "64-bit builds" or "win64"
5) Click and download ;)

thx, sorry i didnt see them! :thanks:

anyway....

i used both 64bit version:
ffdshow_rev3078_20090917_clsid_x64
and
ffdshow_rev3082_20090921_xxl_x64

but when i start RipBot it say i need a new version!?!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

why?
someone????

thx!

cybersharky
30th September 2009, 13:56
I've used ripbot for a long time now and never had this problem before:
F:\>"G:\RipBot264v1.14.4\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "G:\RipBot264v1.14.4\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -raw - : "G:\RipBot264v1.14.4\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 18 --stats "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 25 --min-keyint 25 --keyint 250 --frames 62950 --sar 1:1 --level 3.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid --direct auto --subme 10 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 2 --partitions all --me umh --output "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - 640x360 : 2

Failed to create process:

G:\RipBot264v1.14.4\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe --crf 18 --stats F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats --fps 25 --min-keyint 25 --keyint 250 --frames 62950 --sar 1:1 --level 3.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid --direct auto --subme 10 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 2 --partitions all --me umh --output F:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264 - 640x360

The system cannot find the file specified.

F:\>"G:\RipBot264v1.14.4\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "F:\B5\VTS_01_1.mkv" --title "VTS_01_1" --default-duration 0:25fps -d 0 -A -S "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --language 0:und --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 T80 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3" --chapters "F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"

mkvmerge v2.9.0 ('Moanin'') built on May 22 2009 17:46:23

Error: The source file 'F:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' could not be opened successfully, or retrieving its size by seeking to the end did not work.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:01s

CyberTron88
30th September 2009, 16:10
Just wondering if there is something changed since 1.14.4? Previously I encode my videos using CQ=18, my mkv usually are around 15-25GB range. However, with the current version, the files come out < 10GB all the time. Wondering is because the compression has improved or the CQ=18 is not being enforced?

kikker
30th September 2009, 16:21
This is what I experience too with x264 build 1259 coming from 1251 packaged with the latest Ripbot. I think you'll find there is also a drop in quality as well with identical settings between the builds, although perhaps not to the extent to which the drop in bitrate might suggest. The way I understand it is that the new build has a feature called mbtree and allows for greater swings in the quantizer. So, in complex, fast moving scenery, the quant rises more than it did previously resulting in lower bitrate applied to the frame. In general, I'm finding that an encode @ CRF22 is equivalent in size of encode @ CRF19. However, once you achieve a similar encode file size, there is a definite quality gain in static scenes at least with the newer build.

BTW, what is the point of using CQ over CRF?

mmmmdonut
30th September 2009, 17:00
Has anyone gotten "The Hunt for Red October" to work correctly? There are two subtitle tracks. One is all of the spoken dialogue in the movie (both English and Russian), and the other is all the hearing impaired subtitles.

How can I build just the forced Russian parts?

Have ripbot extract all the subs, go in to the tools\bdsup2sub folder and run the jar file there. Open the english sup file, and when you export click the check box for forced subs only. Then go back in to ripbot and add the sub file you created.

prg4533
30th September 2009, 17:10
What's wrong? I've used BD Rebuilder successfully many times, but wanted to give Ripbot264 a try. I rip the Blu-ray disk using AnyDVD HD to the HD. In Ripbot264, I selected the first *.m2ts stream, and the movie is correctly found. AVCHD is selected, 2-pass Mode, Blu-ray profile, Lock Size set to 8150 MB for burning to a DVD9. The bitrate shown in KBPS looks appropriate at 9793. The resulting AVCHD files are only 1.5 GB, highly pixelated, and definitely not 1080p. Trying again, I explicitly set video Properties to 1080p. I have tried this several times with the same result. Your help is appreciated!

Blackwalker
30th September 2009, 17:15
thx, sorry i didnt see them! :thanks:

anyway....

i used both 64bit version:
ffdshow_rev3078_20090917_clsid_x64
and
ffdshow_rev3082_20090921_xxl_x64

but when i start RipBot it say i need a new version!?!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

why?

thx!

Someone can help me?
Why the x64 version wont be accepted?!?!?!?!?!
(the version, i think, is correct)

cybersharky
30th September 2009, 17:37
I've also notice a drop in picture quality with CQ in ripbot with last few x264 builds

cgp-2k9
30th September 2009, 17:40
Someone can help me?
Why the x64 version wont be accepted?!?!?!?!?!
(the version, i think, is correct)

Blackwalker you need to install the x86 also not just the x64 version. RipBot264 is a 32bit application.

Regards

Blackwalker
30th September 2009, 17:59
Blackwalker you need to install the x86 also not just the x64 version. RipBot264 is a 32bit application.

Regards

Yea, i know its a 32bit application, what i didnt know is that
i have to install both ffdshow, 32 & 64!
thx a lot for your help!
i'll try!
:thanks: :)

colinhunt
30th September 2009, 19:44
Got a spot of bother today running RipBot264 v1.14.4 and ffdshow rev3078. Some encodes (not all, however) would not finish because x264.exe kept on crashing. Same thing happened with RipBot v1.14.3 and ffdshow rev3058.

At first I thought it was caused by a combination of Windows 7 64-bit and overclocking, so I entered BIOS and loaded setup defaults, i.e. no more overclocking. First test encode went through fine with RipBot v1.14.4 and ffdshow rev3078. During the 2nd encode x264 crashed.

As a test, I ran a month-old installation of MeGUI, did a bunch of encodes with it and had zero problems. It's using version "core:68 r1183M f21daff" of x264.exe.

There are two x264 executables in RipBot's tools directory: x264_x86.exe and x264_x64.exe. Would that have something to do with the x264 crashing?

hoju3508
30th September 2009, 22:21
:logfile:

If your source is 1920x1080, you don't have to set anything in the Video Properties.

Are you sure you selected the correct m2ts file? Everything that you described sounds correct.

-Hoju

What's wrong? I've used BD Rebuilder successfully many times, but wanted to give Ripbot264 a try. I rip the Blu-ray disk using AnyDVD HD to the HD. In Ripbot264, I selected the first *.m2ts stream, and the movie is correctly found. AVCHD is selected, 2-pass Mode, Blu-ray profile, Lock Size set to 8150 MB for burning to a DVD9. The bitrate shown in KBPS looks appropriate at 9793. The resulting AVCHD files are only 1.5 GB, highly pixelated, and definitely not 1080p. Trying again, I explicitly set video Properties to 1080p. I have tried this several times with the same result. Your help is appreciated!

Atak_Snajpera
30th September 2009, 22:28
@colinhunt and @prg4533
Have you read first post?

stryker412
1st October 2009, 01:38
Have ripbot extract all the subs, go in to the tools\bdsup2sub folder and run the jar file there. Open the english sup file, and when you export click the check box for forced subs only. Then go back in to ripbot and add the sub file you created.

Thanks I'll try that. I used Subrip but the font sucks. I'll try bdsup2sub.

colinhunt
1st October 2009, 12:33
@colinhunt and @prg4533
Have you read first post?

Are you referring to common problem #2, i.e. CPU and memory stability? Neither is an issue in my case. As I wrote, I don't get x264 crashes with MeGUI. Even the same source files that crash x264.exe when using RipBot are encoded with MeGUI without problems. The major difference being that MeGUI uses an older 32-bit version of x264.exe than RipBot.

I'll see what happens if I delete/move x264_x64.exe out of RipBot's tools, and replace its x264_x86.exe with the x264.exe from MeGUI's tools.

update: Well, that didn't work, at all.

CyberTron88
1st October 2009, 13:11
If I want to maintain a quality as close as to the original, what setting should I use now? Previously I was using CQ=18, what should I be using? CQ=16?

Atak_Snajpera
1st October 2009, 21:01
Cq=18

illestdomer2005
2nd October 2009, 23:37
Question:

Which ffdshow build are you using, and do you allow ffmpeg-mt or libavcodec decode h264 for you? I had been using ffmpeg-mt, but I was curious if anyone had better or worse results using one over the other. Thanks!

Preludee01
3rd October 2009, 01:01
Hey. I got a bunch of mkv files. Ive got some 1080p (8-12gig) and some 720p (4-7gig). Ive started doing them to 6144MB lock size (2 pass mode) and rezize the video to 720p.

Some video's are already 720p and 5gig, if i put them to 6gig, would it increase the quality or not? When i do, the KBPS goes up. All my movies are in the 7000-8000 when im done with them. And also i put the audio all to 640kbps. "reencode"

Am i doing the right thing? Or should it all be diferent size? My movies are all going to a 1.5TB HDD. But i would want them to be all same size. For now i see good on movies. "Just a check that im doing before i go to far". tks :)

whiskey
3rd October 2009, 03:32
EDIT never mind so far works :D

sreckop
3rd October 2009, 05:29
Hi
In advance sorry for this long post.
:confused:
I was trying to use RipBot264 v1.14.4 for converting some of the mkv or mpeg files to AVCHD format to be played on my PS3
However first issue I encountered was that it complains that:
Source video has incorrect frame size!
AVCHD supports only: 1920x1080, 1280x720, 720x576 or 720x480

So when I tried to change conversion to mkv or to mpeg it stops working after few minutes.

Here are few logs:

1)
==================================================
M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 5311 --stats "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x800 @ 23.98 fps (151334 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (25000) > level limit (20000)

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Slow

x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0
Assertion failed: dpb_output_delay < pow( 2, sps->vui.nal_hrd_parameters.i_dpb_output_delay_length ), file encoder/set.c, line 652

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 5311 --stats "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x800 @ 23.98 fps (151334 frames)

x264 [error]: ratecontrol_init: can't open stats file

x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "M:\Video\Converted\echelon conspiracy 2009 1080p bluray.mkv" --title "echelon conspiracy 2009 1080p bluray" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps -d 0 -A -S "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --language 0:und --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3" --language 0:und -s 0 -D -A "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\echelon.srt"

Error: The file 'M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' has unknown type. Please have a look at the supported file types ('mkvmerge --list-types') and contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> if your file type is supported but not recognized properly.

Elapsed Time: 00h:04m:09s

---------------------------------

2)
============================================================================

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 4445 --stats "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1280x536 @ 23.98 fps (177063 frames)

x264 [warning]: width or height not divisible by 16 (1280x536), compression will suffer.

Assertion failed: dpb_output_delay < pow( 2, sps->vui.nal_hrd_parameters.i_dpb_output_delay_length ), file encoder/set.c, line 652

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 4445 --stats "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

x264 [warning]: width or height not divisible by 16 (1280x536), compression will suffer.

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "M:\Video\Converted\Seven Pounds (720p, 2008).mkv" --title "Seven Pounds (720p, 2008)" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps -d 0 -A -S "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --language 0:und --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3"

Error: The file 'M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' has unknown type. Please have a look at the supported file types ('mkvmerge --list-types') and contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> if your file type is supported but not recognized properly.

Elapsed Time: 00h:01m:54s

3)
===========================================================================

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" | "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\enc_aacPlus\enc_aacPlus.exe" - "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" --lc --cbr 131072

BePipe by dimzon

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

Found Audio Stream

Channels=2, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz

Writing Header...

Writing Data...

0%
Done!

* AACPlus v2 Encoder (using Winamp 5.2 enc_aacplus.dll)

* Source timestamp Mon May 15 17:24:26 2006

* Build May 15 2006, 17:24:35

* NOTE! enc_aacplus.dll must be into executable directory

* get it from Winamp 5.2 plugins directory

* tested on Winamp 5.2 Release Feb 23 2006 Full (Not Pro) version)

Input file: -

Output file: M:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac

SampleRate: 48000

ChannelCount: 2

BitsPerSample: 16

Bitrate: 131072

ChannelMode: Stereo

Encoder: AAC-LC

Encoding...
Finalizing...
Done

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 4958 --stats "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 4958 --stats "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "M:\temp\RipBot264temp" -add "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="Seven Pounds (720p, 2008)" -fps 23.976 -add "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac":lang=und -mpeg4 -new "M:\Video\Converted\Seven Pounds (720p, 2008).mp4"

Cannot find H264 start code

Error importing M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264:name=Seven Pounds (720p, 2008): BitStream Not Compliant

Elapsed Time: 00h:07m:57s
===========================================================================================

Any suggestions?
:thanks:

illestdomer2005
3rd October 2009, 07:43
Hey. I got a bunch of mkv files. Ive got some 1080p (8-12gig) and some 720p (4-7gig). Ive started doing them to 6144MB lock size (2 pass mode) and rezize the video to 720p.

Some video's are already 720p and 5gig, if i put them to 6gig, would it increase the quality or not? When i do, the KBPS goes up. All my movies are in the 7000-8000 when im done with them. And also i put the audio all to 640kbps. "reencode"

Am i doing the right thing? Or should it all be diferent size? My movies are all going to a 1.5TB HDD. But i would want them to be all same size. For now i see good on movies. "Just a check that im doing before i go to far". tks :)

Just remember the old adage: "You're only as strong as your weakest link."

Will your videos magically increase in quality if you re-encode them to a larger size (i.e., increase the bitrate)? No. In fact, they will probably look worse because you're making a copy of a copy. Your file is already less pristine than the original BD version, and now you're asking x264 to go through your already compressed version and do the same process all over again.

Also, why the unconventional file size? I convert all my BDs to 4480 or 8150 to correspond to DVD-5 and DVD-9 sizes, respectively. Basically, if the video bitrate is close to 5000kb/s, I choose 720p instead of 1080p, and then it's a value judgment deciding whether or not to go with DVD-9 sizes. This is strictly for AVCHD files that I intend to burn as such to play on my PS3 or other standalone BD players.

Why is it important for you to have all of your MKV files the same size? Honestly, if you're not needing to hit a target size, I would just select Constant Quality and let it rip!

illestdomer2005
3rd October 2009, 07:47
sreckop,

I haven't gone through all of your code errors, but I know that if you're trying to convert to an AVCHD (m2ts) for your PS3, you need to choose either "do not resize" OR "HD Ready" which are 1080p and 720p, respectively.

DO NOT CROP!

That's probably what's giving you your initial error. Unlike MKVs, you can't crop out the black bars on AVCHD encodes.

Hope that helps.

stryker412
3rd October 2009, 13:17
I've also notice a drop in picture quality with CQ in ripbot with last few x264 builds

I do all my encodes with 2pass, what does CQ do for you?

Balthazar2k4
3rd October 2009, 18:38
I know RipBot supports FLAC into MKV. I am now trying to convert an MKV containing FLAC back into an MP4 for my Zune HD and RipBot is telling me that it does not support the FLAC format. Does RipBot only work FLAC one way? If so, how do I do the conversion to AVC with AAC audio?

Thanks in advance.

illestdomer2005
3rd October 2009, 18:59
Got a spot of bother today running RipBot264 v1.14.4 and ffdshow rev3078. Some encodes (not all, however) would not finish because x264.exe kept on crashing. Same thing happened with RipBot v1.14.3 and ffdshow rev3058.

At first I thought it was caused by a combination of Windows 7 64-bit and overclocking, so I entered BIOS and loaded setup defaults, i.e. no more overclocking. First test encode went through fine with RipBot v1.14.4 and ffdshow rev3078. During the 2nd encode x264 crashed.

As a test, I ran a month-old installation of MeGUI, did a bunch of encodes with it and had zero problems. It's using version "core:68 r1183M f21daff" of x264.exe.

There are two x264 executables in RipBot's tools directory: x264_x86.exe and x264_x64.exe. Would that have something to do with the x264 crashing?

I had been using v1.14.2 for a long while and just tried 1.14.4 last night. I just installed the newest version of CLSID's ffdshow build rev3092 as well. I set up a rip of Army of Darkness on BD, and it got about 8 minutes into the first pass when I got a C++ Visual Basic error. When I close or click retry, Windows immediately tells me that x264 has crashed.

BTW, I am in Vista x86, and I have had no such issues with 1.14.2. Since I was only hoping for a faster, better x264, I think I might go back to the older RipBot version if the same problem doesn't occur.

sreckop
3rd October 2009, 20:35
Hi illestdomer2005,:thanks:
sreckop,

I haven't gone through all of your code errors, but I know that if you're trying to convert to an AVCHD (m2ts) for your PS3, you need to choose either "do not resize" OR "HD Ready" which are 1080p and 720p, respectively.

DO NOT CROP!

That's probably what's giving you your initial error. Unlike MKVs, you can't crop out the black bars on AVCHD encodes.

Hope that helps.
I tried first time in the "do not resize" mode and no crop, and got initial error:

When I tried with "HD ready", it started working.
However I got this error:

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --crf 22 --fps 24 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1280x720 @ 24.00 fps (140520 frames)

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD"

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net

Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 24

H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=24

Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 5.1

Processed 5154 video frames

Creation of AVCHD playlist

Creation of AVCHD stream info and seek index

Muxing time: 37 sec

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE\BACKUP"

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE"

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\BDMV\AUXDATA"

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\BDMV\BDJO"

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\BDMV\JAR"

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\BDMV\META"

Elapsed Time: 00h:18m:24s

Also I would like know what are the other errors I got when converting to mp4 file (in the post above)

All the help is appreciated.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2009, 21:38
@illestdomer2005
Just replace x264_x86.exe with older version from 1.14.3

joae
4th October 2009, 09:26
Is there a way to convert all video files in a folder with the same settings, without having to add every file manually to the queue?

I've tried several PSP converters, and would prefer Ripbot if this was possible.

7ekno
5th October 2009, 06:11
Is there a way to convert all video files in a folder with the same settings, without having to add every file manually to the queue?

I've tried several PSP converters, and would prefer Ripbot if this was possible.

No, but it wouldn't be too hard to add :)

Logistically it could work like:
- From the "Source" field, you allow multiple files to be selected (at the moment only a single file can be selected)
- Loop thru each file selected and once the file has been processed for info, open a new "Encoder Settings" window
- So effectively 10 files selected, 10 windows open ready for input
- Have some mechanism for switching off "Extracting Frame", it wouldn't be needed (or at least have it as a preference)
- Once the "Done" button is hit, assign a job number to that window (so job number will be the order of "done" clicks)

That way at least, it wouldn't involve too much code change, and it gets rid of the most annoying part of batching (individually waiting for file info and Frame Extraction) ...

By the way, does anybody know if there are INI preferences for switching off "Extracting Frame" and for default "Audio Profile"?!?

7ek

QUEENFAN
5th October 2009, 08:09
Good morning,

how can I "tell" ripbot264 to add 2 audio-streams to the encoded MKV-file?

Thanks for your help.

dbone1026
5th October 2009, 09:33
Good morning,

how can I "tell" ripbot264 to add 2 audio-streams to the encoded MKV-file?

Thanks for your help.

You can't, ripbot only adds one audio stream

QUEENFAN
5th October 2009, 09:36
That was quick.

Thanks for your reply.

sreckop
5th October 2009, 12:11
Hi

Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
sreckop,

DO NOT CROP!

Hope that helps.

I tried first time in the "do not resize" mode and no crop, and got initial error:

When I tried with "HD ready", it was working for short period of time (3.5%) and then it finished.
However I saw this error in the log:

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --crf 22 --fps 24 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --output "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

M:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe" "M:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD"

Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 24

Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 5.1

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE\BACKUP"

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\CERTIFICATE"

M:\>rd "C:\Documents and Settings\Srecko\Desktop\Ong Bak2-720p.AVCHD\BDMV\AUXDATA"

All the help is appreciated.

jslegers
5th October 2009, 13:15
Hi,

I'm testing Ripbot to backup my DVD collection to MKV. What settings must I use to get the best quality ? I have tried no crop and no resize but the results are boxed instead of 16:9. I want to play the files on a Popcorn Hour.

John

BlindBandit
6th October 2009, 22:52
Hey Atak Snajpera, i got to say that Ripbot264 is one of the best software encoding for H264. i try more then 10 software & up & none of them give me the best IQ & speed with no sy nc issues.

i wondering this for a while but you going to add something great in Ripbot264 in the near future like i don't know CUDA support :p

Preludee01
7th October 2009, 21:49
whats the best setting for kbps in a 720p mkv video file? around 4000, 6000? And is 640kbps audio is like 1.5 DTS? tks

Atak_Snajpera
7th October 2009, 22:23
whats the best setting for kbps in a 720p mkv video file? around 4000, 6000?
CQ @ 22

And is 640kbps audio is like 1.5 DTS? tks
if source is uncompressed then AC3 640kbps = DTS 1.5mbps

Preludee01
8th October 2009, 06:10
Would the 2pass be better? like to set the KBPS (not the lock size).

How much is QC-22? If i do all my movies to QC-22, would it be all the same quality? tks

PS: Your programme rock :D

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2009, 10:18
How much is QC-22?
between 4Mbps - 6Mbps for 1280x720. If movies has more dynamic scenes then bitrate will be higher. if movie is static then bitrate will be lower. As you can see bitrate is automatically adjusted according to content. I always recommend Constant Quality because it is faster (1-pass). 2-pass is ONLY useful if you want to get exact size. for example 700 MB , 4480 MB and so on.

stryker412
8th October 2009, 14:49
I generally keep my encodes ~5Mbps (usually 4-6GB size depending on length), do you recommend CQ20 then? I have always been using 2-pass but would like to try CQ if it's a faster encode.

Balthazar2k4
8th October 2009, 15:39
I know RipBot supports FLAC into MKV. I am now trying to convert an MKV containing FLAC back into an MP4 for my Zune HD and RipBot is telling me that it does not support the FLAC format. Does RipBot only work FLAC one way? If so, how do I do the conversion to AVC with AAC audio?

Thanks in advance.

Is there an easy way of converting an MKV with 5.1 FLAC to an MP4 with 2 channel AAC? I have been searching high and low, but I guess I didn't realize how difficult it would be to convert multi-channel FLAC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kypec
9th October 2009, 08:29
Is ripbot good for what im doing? tks No idea on that but definitely Doom9 forum is not a good place for you to ask given what you are doing
Right now i got alot of downloaded mkv's video. :readrule:

chmoutz
9th October 2009, 13:17
Hi, I'm using Ripbot264 for three months now... to transcode BD to MKV... and I have to say : Great ! Thanks a lot for that software. When I watch my computer transcoding at full speed, with such a simple to use interface, I almost cry ! Thanks Atak.

Of course if I come here today, that's to ask some questions :

- Have you thought about adding a second language module to allow user to create a "multi" language mkv file ? That could be great because sometimes your child like to watch films in his own language but your wife like more the original one with subs...

- I always see 4 ref frames encoded files when I look at other's ripped files description and ripbot264 basic setting is only 3. I saw on your first page the difference between 4.0 and 4.1 profile but nothing about ref frames. Why did you choose 3 ref frames ?

- I always see 2 pass encoded files when I look at other's ripped files description and I red your explanation about the fact that 2 pass encoding is usefull when you want a precise size for your file (for example, to create a DVD, I presume). So, it's curious because most of movie files that I find on internet are greater than 10 GB (too big for a DVD) and, at the same time, 2pass encoded... Have you an explanation ?

-What Is the use of the option : "AnyDVD DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray decryptor will be automatically activated with RipBot264" ? Because I own AnyDVD and uselly I first use it to rip my BDs before to use RipBot.

Another thing : I updated recently Ripbot from v1.14.3 to v1.14.4 and the soft was'nt able to finish BD to Mkv encoding anymore. After a few minutes of encoding, it told me he had finished sucessfully but all I got was a 500-600 MB file instead of a 10 GB file. Solution ? To replace file called x264_x86.exe in RipBot Tools\x264 folder by the former one.

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
9th October 2009, 22:05
- Have you thought about adding a second language module to allow user to create a "multi" language mkv file ? That could be great because sometimes your child like to watch films in his own language but your wife like more the original one with subs...
No.

- I always see 4 ref frames encoded files when I look at other's ripped files description and ripbot264 basic setting is only 3. I saw on your first page the difference between 4.0 and 4.1 profile but nothing about ref frames. Why did you choose 3 ref frames ?

Compromise between speed and quality. You could also ask why I chose Subme 7 , UMH , Trellis=1 , B-Adapt 1 instead of slower options. Answer will be always the same :)

- I always see 2 pass encoded files when I look at other's ripped files description and I red your explanation about the fact that 2 pass encoding is usefull when you want a precise size for your file (for example, to create a DVD, I presume). So, it's curious because most of movie files that I find on internet are greater than 10 GB (too big for a DVD) and, at the same time, 2pass encoded... Have you an explanation ?

Because some people are still living in XviD era. 2-pass should be only used if you want exact size. Default CRF@22 is a good compromise between quality and size. Remember lower value means larger size/better quality.

-What Is the use of the option : "AnyDVD DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray decryptor will be automatically activated with RipBot264" ? Because I own AnyDVD and uselly I first use it to rip my BDs before to use RipBot.

Ripbot264 will automatically run AnyDVD. You can convert movies directly from Blu-ray if AnyDVD is running in background.

Another thing : I updated recently Ripbot from v1.14.3 to v1.14.4 and the soft was'nt able to finish BD to Mkv encoding anymore. After a few minutes of encoding, it told me he had finished sucessfully but all I got was a 500-600 MB file instead of a 10 GB file. Solution ? To replace file called x264_x86.exe in RipBot Tools\x264 folder by the former one.

try new builds :
32 bit (http://jeeb.fiveforty.jp/x264/1281/x264.exe)
64 bit (http://jeeb.fiveforty.jp/x264/1281_x64/x264.exe)

sreckop
10th October 2009, 00:25
Hi Atak_Snajpera
I tried creating PS3 fiile by selecting "do not resize" mode and no crop, and got initial error:

Afer that I put it in "HD Ready" mode and it was working for short period of time (3.5%) and then it finished.
However I saw this error in the log:

Can you help me resolve this?

Preludee01
10th October 2009, 05:48
Hey. How we use this software in 64bit? Ive heard we need to change someting but not sure. I know that 64bit will be 10% faster, would it decrease the video quality if it goes faster? And if encoding 720p videos, is locking 5000kbps on all videos good? I dont really care about the time it takes. CQ make it 1pass but all KPBS are diferent. (I ask this question before, but did not quite understand.) Hope you can help. tks alot :)

PS: Whats the difference between MKV and AVCHD container?

r0d
10th October 2009, 10:42
Hi all,

Since i installed the last ripbot version (1.14.4), I have been having ripbot error out after demuxing then a protracted wait while ripbot is "gathering informations," MPC loads up, another wait and then this error written in red on the MPC screen: "DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start". I'm under Windows 7 x64 RC1

I desinstalled Avisynth, ffdshow and Haali / reboot the pc / reinstalled the softwares and i still get this error. Any ideas ?

thanks in advance.

Rod

stryker412
10th October 2009, 14:02
Hi all,

Since i installed the last ripbot version (1.14.4), I have been having ripbot error out after demuxing then a protracted wait while ripbot is "gathering informations," MPC loads up, another wait and then this error written in red on the MPC screen: "DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start". I'm under Windows 7 x64 RC1

I desinstalled Avisynth, ffdshow and Haali / reboot the pc / reinstalled the softwares and i still get this error. Any ideas ?

thanks in advance.

Rod

Try this.

try new builds :
32 bit (http://jeeb.fiveforty.jp/x264/1281/x264.exe)
64 bit (http://jeeb.fiveforty.jp/x264/1281_x64/x264.exe)

Does anyone have a good guide for DVD rips using Ripbot? I found deets's guide in another thread but the link was dead.

r0d
10th October 2009, 15:43
Even with those new files, i have the same error.

Atak_Snajpera
10th October 2009, 19:59
Does anyone have a good guide for DVD rips using Ripbot? I found deets's guide in another thread but the link was dead.
Yes. I've got one.
1) Decrypt DVD using DVDFab decryptor
2) select .vob in Ripbot264

TheImperial2004
10th October 2009, 20:25
Atak_Snajpera :

Can you add more settings e.g. : MB-Tree , AutoVAQ .etc... ?

Atak_Snajpera
10th October 2009, 20:27
MB-tree is on by default. AutoVaQ is not better than original VAQ. Waste of time. BTW. Command line is exposed so you can add whatever you want.

stryker412
10th October 2009, 22:04
Yes. I've got one.

Witty as always but I was asking more on the lines of quality settings.

TheImperial2004
10th October 2009, 23:42
BTW. Command line is exposed so you can add whatever you want.

:eek: I need new glasses !

BTW , how can I use x264.nl builds ? they don't work :confused:

Atak_Snajpera
10th October 2009, 23:58
You need modified versions. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1333193#post1333193

TheImperial2004
11th October 2009, 00:01
Thank you very much , I got it to work !

Great tool !

Preludee01
11th October 2009, 04:07
Hey. How we use this software in 64bit? Ive heard we need to change someting but not sure. I know that 64bit will be 10% faster, would it decrease the video quality if it goes faster? And if encoding 720p videos, is locking 5000kbps on all videos good? I dont really care about the time it takes. CQ make it 1pass but all KPBS are diferent. (I ask this question before, but did not quite understand.) Hope you can help. tks alot :)

PS: Whats the difference between MKV and AVCHD container?

(I posted this message, but no one answered)

Ajax_Undone
11th October 2009, 05:53
(I posted this message, but no one answered)

One is the bluray structure to burn onto a bd disk the other is an MKV file.

r0d
11th October 2009, 11:54
Hi all,

thanks in advance.

Rod

This issue is making me crazy :(

Hobbit112
12th October 2009, 02:11
Hi All,

Recently upgraded some hardware in my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled latest version of Ripbot264 and now getting this error message:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s102/hobbit112/snapshot20091011200435bmp.jpg

It's a VC-1 encoded EVO file. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Haali, FFDshow and AviSynth.

I'm running 32bit XP.

Any suggestions?

Audiophile1178
12th October 2009, 03:38
Atak_Snajpera, I have some questions for your ripbot program. I've been using it for some time now and haven't had a problem.

Question 1: Why does x264 add a frame to the video encodes? Every blu-ray encode ends up with 1 extra frame from the source.

Question 2: Is this extra frame at the beginning or end? I would imagine the end.

Question 3: Is there a way to just cut this extra frame out or for it to not be there at all and have the same amount of frames as the source?

Question 4: What program do you use to give the exact time of the audio and video file?

Thanks making this great program for all of us to use!

Rumbah
12th October 2009, 03:54
As you are using Windows 7, try using a tool to change the default DirectShow behaviour. You could use http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm . Switch the desired decoder to ffdshow. If you want to use the Microsoft vc1 decoder, you have to select ffdshow in the program and then set the decoder in ffdshow to wmv9.
You have to set it only for 32 bit (and need a 32 bit ffdshow) as avisynth uses 32 bit.

jslegers
12th October 2009, 08:31
Yes. I've got one.
Do you have to change the crop settings or leave them as they are ?

awake33
12th October 2009, 08:47

It's making me crazy too! I'm using Vista x64. I've encoded over 100 blu-rays using ripbot without any problems. Suddenly it hangs at "Please Wait. . .Gathering Information."

I've not installed any new/different codecs.

bob0r
12th October 2009, 09:41
Mirrored on x264.nl

hoju3508
12th October 2009, 18:54
Download and install WMV11 from Microsoft, and set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW (allowing the WMV11 codec to be used). This seems to be the codec with the fewest problem on VC-1.

Hi All,

Recently upgraded some hardware in my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled latest version of Ripbot264 and now getting this error message:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s102/hobbit112/snapshot20091011200435bmp.jpg

It's a VC-1 encoded EVO file. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Haali, FFDshow and AviSynth.

I'm running 32bit XP.

Any suggestions?

r0d
12th October 2009, 19:34
As you are using Windows 7, try using a tool to change the default DirectShow behaviour. You could use http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm . Switch the desired decoder to ffdshow. If you want to use the Microsoft vc1 decoder, you have to select ffdshow in the program and then set the decoder in ffdshow to wmv9.
You have to set it only for 32 bit (and need a 32 bit ffdshow) as avisynth uses 32 bit.

Its working now !!! Big thanks for your help

joae
12th October 2009, 21:50
Is there some limitation on the # of items in the queue? I spent over an hour yesterday adding 100+ videos to my queue. Today I had to restart, and although I closed Ripbot nicely, the queue was gone :( It seems to work fine with a few items, but not really in the mood to try with 100+ items again...

Hobbit112
12th October 2009, 22:55
Download and install WMV11 from Microsoft, and set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW (allowing the WMV11 codec to be used). This seems to be the codec with the fewest problem on VC-1.

Thanks hoju3508, I thought that might be it but wanted some verification first. I have Ripbot running on another machine but don't remember if I installed WMV11 on it.

Will give it a try this evening.

awake33
12th October 2009, 23:47
Its working now !!! Big thanks for your help

For me, this issue is with any video. VC-1 or H264.
Any suggestions?

8ternity
13th October 2009, 06:09
Hi Atak,

I have an trouble with Windows 7 ultimate, ripbot264 1.14.4;

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Ripbot264\Tolls\avs2avi\avs2avi.exe

Process in the "Gathering Informations".

Could you help me with that, please?

p.S.> EDIT--> retry to import again, the problem not re-happen..

Atak_Snajpera
13th October 2009, 12:08
Is there some limitation on the # of items in the queue? I spent over an hour yesterday adding 100+ videos to my queue. Today I had to restart, and although I closed Ripbot nicely, the queue was gone It seems to work fine with a few items, but not really in the mood to try with 100+ items again...
Try to edit ripbot264.ini
StoreTempFilesin=AUTO

change AUTO to C , D , E , F .... Your queue should show up again

Rumbah
13th October 2009, 13:20
For me, this issue is with any video. VC-1 or H264.
Any suggestions?

Have you tried setting the default 32 bit VC1 and H264 decoders to ffdshow with the tweaker program?

stryker412
13th October 2009, 13:45
Here's a question for you gurus. I want to rip my copies of Snow White and Pinocchio so when my niece is over she can watch them.

How can I rip them with the artwork in the side bars? I thought maybe it would be a different angle or something but I can't find it.

I loaded the largest m2ts in ripbot but it was just the movie with the black bars.

awake33
13th October 2009, 19:05
Have you tried setting the default 32 bit VC1 and H264 decoders to ffdshow with the tweaker program?

I'm not using Windows 7, I'm using Vista.
And everything plays just fine on PC, everything streams to the PS3 just fine. This includes VC-1 and H264 files. I'm pulling my hair out here trying to figure this out.

MKVCrazy
13th October 2009, 21:26
How can I use FFT3DGPU with RipBot?

EDIT: And I also wish there's a way to save our custom resolutions, and the tweak settings we using often. It's need to be done every time you try to encode a video. It's getting annoying when you have like over 12 1-3mins short clips to convert Lol. Or is already there? If yes, how to do it? And why is the audio only CT and no ND?

jamd1
13th October 2009, 21:52
Atak - have you looked at the latest dvdfab beta ? It now offers compression . I'm not sure if it uses x264 - or some new way of shrinking - but it may give you some more ideas.

8ternity
13th October 2009, 22:52
Hi Atak,

Finally, problem is persisting about avs2avi.exe crash. could you help me. thanks

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2009, 01:33
How can I use FFT3DGPU with RipBot?
Denoise -> Anime , Film (Latest Direct 9.0c MUST be installed!!!)

Atak - have you looked at the latest dvdfab beta ? It now offers compression . I'm not sure if it uses x264 - or some new way of shrinking - but it may give you some more ideas.
Ideas? What ideas? What are you talking about?

Finally, problem is persisting about avs2avi.exe crash. could you help me. thanks
You always have problems. First weird a/v sync issues. Now avs2avi.exe crashes. You have a mess in OS. Period. Install fresh Windows 7 x64 and be happy. This is my advice for today.

And why is the audio only CT and no ND?
In terms of quality both are the same. Also ND can not be distributed from other site different than nero's.

mäger
14th October 2009, 02:24
any ideas why this tool encodes only 1:47 minutes of every lagarith lossless video?:confused:

8ternity
14th October 2009, 02:49
You always have problems. First weird a/v sync issues. Now avs2avi.exe crashes. You have a mess in OS. Period. Install fresh Windows 7 x64 and be happy. This is my advice for today.

I understand what you explain. It's not relly wanted all troubles about the audio video desync. I follow what you told me to do. Last time, it i change my processor and not have reinstall fresh windows. Now this week i have install brand new os, normally Vista x86 SP1, and this week Windows 7 x86.

So i leave you right now, and make an fresh install of the Windows 7 x64 version. Will be back in few days.

Just would like to thank you for your time, support, comments and recommandations. And sorry for my bad english, i do my best. :)

EDIT Cleared.

Mary H
14th October 2009, 07:39
What settings, or changes to the script, could I use to add a little more sharpness to DVD conversions to MKV? Newer, high-quality DVD's come out very well at 720P with about 2048 bitrate. However, I have a lot of older DVD's (foreign movies) that will never be available on Blu-Ray, and I'd like to get the best results possible with these.

For instance, in the line...

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,534).Sharpen(0.2)

What does the "Sharpen()" parameter represent? ...what change would result in more sharpness?

For watching my DVD's, I use Zoomplayer with ffdshow & avisynth's LimitedSharpenFaster script and get great results. Is there any way to use that filter in Ripbot264?

Thanks for any tips.

CyberTron88
14th October 2009, 08:38
Hi! This qn is not directly related to ripot, but hopefully someone can help.

I've all these mkv ripped at 1080P AC3. Is there any commandline I can use to recode them to 720P or 480P AC3?

7ekno
14th October 2009, 12:24
Try to edit ripbot264.ini

Does Audio Profile or Audio Normalize have a default that can be set in the Ripbot264.ini file?

Is there a list of parameters that can be defaulted in the .INI file?

Thanks,
7ek

8ternity
14th October 2009, 13:56
@Atak,

Just for updates, after installing Windows 7 x64 edition, i convert 2 movies this night and everthing work 100%. Thank You Atak!

komisar
14th October 2009, 14:24
Atak_Snajpera, RipBot264 dont work without Administrative right (Vista 64-bit)...

Wishbringer
14th October 2009, 15:02
RipBot264 dont work without Administrative right (Vista 64-bit)...

I have Ripbot and workfolders on D: and it works without UAC disabled and without admin rights.

Do you have Ripbot in C:\Programms (x86) ? or pointing temps or output Dir to an protected area?

MKVCrazy
14th October 2009, 17:01
So what are the planned new features in upcoming versions? Will there be a setting to save our customized resolutions with the AR we've made? I got reminded after I've done 4 videos in wrong resolution Lol.

By the way, RipBot264 IS easy.

1. I downloaded the zip and unpack
2. I loaded an avi clip.
3. I select the for video profile and audio profile.
4. I select type of pass.
5. I set resolution.
6. I start encode.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit (UAC turned off)

There were no issues, I support this app! :D GOOD WORK Atak!

komisar
14th October 2009, 17:17
Wishbringer, RipBot264 on D:\RipBot264, UAC enabled, temp and output on "D"... And UAC requires Admin password :(

Audiophile1178
14th October 2009, 20:33
Atak_Snajpera, I have some questions for your ripbot program. I've been using it for some time now and haven't had a problem.

Question 1: Why does x264 add a frame to the video encodes? Every blu-ray encode ends up with 1 extra frame from the source.

Question 2: Is this extra frame at the beginning or end? I would imagine the end.

Question 3: Is there a way to just cut this extra frame out or for it to not be there at all and have the same amount of frames as the source?

Question 4: What program do you use to give the exact time of the audio and video file?

Thanks making this great program for all of us to use!

Atak_Snajpera or Anybody, Can you please answer my questions.

Thank you!

Atak_Snajpera
14th October 2009, 23:26
Will there be a setting to save our customized resolutions with the AR we've made? I got reminded after I've done 4 videos in wrong resolution Lol.
No. Just use PSP.iphone size profile

I don't know and frankly i don't care. 41ms longer movie is not a problem.

I use informations provided by AviSynth.

RipBot264 dont work without Administrative right (Vista 64-bit)...
admin manifest was added to .exe for reason. For example Ripbot264.exe requires admin rights in order to unlock Windows 7 DirectShow Preffered filters.

skrowl
14th October 2009, 23:44
Minor AVCHD issue:

I rip everything to AVCHD, because I actually just want the .m2ts file to stream to my PS3. If you could make just a .m2ts option, I would love you forever. NOTHING streams .mkv without transcoding, so I'm hoping the "scene" finally realizes that m2ts (the same format that's on a Blu-Ray) is the standard and not unstreamable .mkv.

The problem is that one of the recent versions seems to have broken the title metadata in the AVCHD's m2ts file. All of the titles come out as 000000 when viewed on my PS3 and I have to go in to windows media player and "rename" them to get them to show up correctly. This didn't used to happen before. The correct behavior would be to set the title metadata to be whatever the filename is.

Thank you for your time!

awake33
15th October 2009, 01:03
Minor AVCHD issue:

I rip everything to AVCHD, because I actually just want the .m2ts file to stream to my PS3. If you could make just a .m2ts option, I would love you forever. NOTHING streams .mkv without transcoding, so I'm hoping the "scene" finally realizes that m2ts (the same format that's on a Blu-Ray) is the standard and not unstreamable .mkv.

The problem is that one of the recent versions seems to have broken the title metadata in the AVCHD's m2ts file. All of the titles come out as 000000 when viewed on my PS3 and I have to go in to windows media player and "rename" them to get them to show up correctly. This didn't used to happen before. The correct behavior would be to set the title metadata to be whatever the filename is.

Thank you for your time!

"PS3 Media Server" (the java based client) streams mkv without transcoding, it does repackage it on-the-fly so to speak, but the audio/video data is not re-encoded in any way.

I'm curious, what OS are you using? I've never been able to stream native m2ts files, only after renaming them to mp4 will they stream (having done the registry hack of course).

8ternity
15th October 2009, 02:58
Hi atak,

I have an question about Windows 7 x64.

I have remark (view) that all movies in HD played with Media Player Classic with ffdshow filter in Windows 7 quality was reduce and "dont know how to describe in english with my french" but it's look like that the picture "pixel" is squared. I will take an snapshot and show you.

I've make some research on the net about windows 7 and hd viewing and found articles about the microsoft foundation filter and trouble with ffdshow and filters codec avout VC1, MPG4.

See link here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1265666&posted=1

Here the snapshot (mpc) of an mkv 1080i little bit zoomed. In fullscreen, you dont need to zoom it to see the filtering.
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/8ternity/Snapshots/2009-10-14_snapshot.jpg?t=1255571816

Thanks.

EDIT: mkv played with the windows media player, the picture quality is correct.

sennan
15th October 2009, 05:05
Hi atak,

I have an question about Windows 7 x64.

I have remark (view) that all movies in HD played with Media Player Classic with ffdshow filter in Windows 7 quality was reduce and "dont know how to describe in english with my french" but it's look like that the picture "pixel" is squared. I will take an snapshot and show you.

I had a similar problem with Win7 x64, try the following settings:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2697/setting1.png

try configuring MPC-HT for DXVA (if you have nvidia or ati hd videocard) with built-in decoder and it looks (and plays) excellent

8ternity
15th October 2009, 07:41

try configuring MPC-HT for DXVA (if you have nvidia or ati hd videocard) with built-in decoder and it looks (and plays) excellent

Thanks for the reply, i change DirectShow Video to another configuration and ffdshow apply settings and video is okay.

Thanks mister, it's appreciate!

valpy
15th October 2009, 08:23
Dear Atak,

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere. If it has then please could you give me a link to the information.

I used to use RipBot264 quite happily until a few days ago. I think it's a wonderful piece of software. Much better than Handbrake or StaxRip as far as I'm concerned. However after I downloaded the newest version I keep getting this error message whenever I try to load a video file:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/valpy/ripbot.gif

As you suggest in "Common problems" I have tried uninstalling all codec packs and then reinstalling AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter , and ffdshow. I even reinstalled WMP 11 but I keep getting this recurring problem.

I have tried using previous versions of RipBot264 which used to work but I still keep getting the same problem.

As it used to work for me and now no longer does, I suspect it is because of something I must have done.

I don't know if it is relevant but when I load a video file the RipBot interface says "[NO AUDIO]" in the audio drop down menu shortly before the error message displays:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/valpy/ripbot2.gif

Once again, apologies if this has already been addressed.

Thanks,

Valpy

RainyDog
15th October 2009, 12:13
Dear Atak,

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere. If it has then please could you give me a link to the information.

I used to use RipBot264 quite happily until a few days ago. I think it's a wonderful piece of software. Much better than Handbrake or StaxRip as far as I'm concerned. However after I downloaded the newest version I keep getting this error message whenever I try to load a video file:

As you suggest in "Common problems" I have tried uninstalling all codec packs and then reinstalling AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter , and ffdshow. I even reinstalled WMP 11 but I keep getting this recurring problem.

I have tried using previous versions of RipBot264 which used to work but I still keep getting the same problem.

As it used to work for me and now no longer does, I suspect it is because of something I must have done.

I don't know if it is relevant but when I load a video file the RipBot interface says "[NO AUDIO]" in the audio drop down menu shortly before the error message displays:

Once again, apologies if this has already been addressed.

Thanks,

Valpy

Valpy, does your video file name contain many characters? I ran into the same, or a similar error, awhile back and it was resolved by simply shortening the import file name.

8ternity
15th October 2009, 15:11
Hi Atak,

I've got the same error
"Runtime Error!"

Program: C:\Ripbot264\Tools\avs2avi/avs2avi.exe

Window Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

"this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unsual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

klopsknoedel
15th October 2009, 17:10
Hi guys,

I have a big problem.
On some BDs, especially "Knowing", the audio won't fit to the video. I've tried to get a backup of that BD but the audio-source to short in proportion to the video-source. this movie is parted in 3 m2ts-files. maybe that's the reason why. is there any feature in RipBot264 where i can select an option to keep these parted files on my avchd and demux and recode them as 3 separat files?

I hope you know what I mean and sorry for my bad english!

PSPNut
15th October 2009, 17:56
#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,534).Sharpen(0.2)

What does the "Sharpen()" parameter represent? ...what change would result in more sharpness?

These are avisynth internal filters. For sharpen, check out:

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Sharpen

If you are converting DVDs, it is best to not resize at all. Any resize will lower quality. Spline36 is best if you have to resizing up, Bilinear is fastest (and arguably the best) if you are scaling down.

If you would just like to sharpen, then do (I think):
video=Sharpen(video,0.2)

valpy
15th October 2009, 21:50
Valpy, does your video file name contain many characters? I ran into the same, or a similar error, awhile back and it was resolved by simply shortening the import file name.
Hi RainyDog,

thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the problem.

Regards,

Valpy

Atak_Snajpera
15th October 2009, 21:51
@8ternity
avs2avi.exe craches if decoder cannot decode video. (Bug or corrupted source)

wolflop
15th October 2009, 22:08
Question form a german new bee
Ripbot 264 ends encoding after 10 Minutes (Job done.) Result is Bd structure with an 177000 Kb M2ts stream. Original movie length is a 9 GB MKV.

Whats wrong ? please help. Ripbot is the only program i found
which makes perfect BD resized movies in converting mkv to blu ray. i m using windows 7 64 Bit...

Thank you
wolflop

Preludee01
16th October 2009, 02:10
1. How we use this software in 64bit? 10% faster, would it decrease the video quality if it goes faster?

2. If encoding 720p videos, locking 5000kbps on all videos good? I dont really care about the time it takes. CQ make it 1pass but all KPBS are diferent. Hope you can help. tks alot

RainyDog
16th October 2009, 12:34
1. How we use this software in 64bit? 10% faster, would it decrease the video quality if it goes faster?

2. If encoding 720p videos, locking 5000kbps on all videos good? I dont really care about the time it takes. CQ make it 1pass but all KPBS are diferent. Hope you can help. tks alot

1. No. Use the x64 version of x264 if your on a x64 operating system as the only difference will be a speed increase. Quality isn't affected.

2. I personally end up with all my 720p rips between 4500kbps and 7000kbps, and 2-pass lock them down to sizes in 1120mb increments starting at 4480mb for approx. 90min films. But there's many factors that can contribute to why I might increase an average bitrate (and, in turn, file size), such as amount of motion, grain etc. in the video. I personally split my source into 1-2 min clips, run quick encoding tests on a few of those then compare to the source until I get as close to transparency as possible. But I realise most people won't be so anal so, yes, 5000kbps is a generally safe bitrate to use for 720p I'd say.

On the other hand, CQ mode is kind of a more streamlined version of the above process and will adjust the bitrate and file size based on the complexity of your input itself. Hence why you're getting different bitrates for different films/videos.

Hope that helps.

RainyDog
16th October 2009, 12:47
Atak,

Would you consider adding a few extra x264 options to Ripbot in a future version? It'd be good to have adjustable options for MB Tree on/off, Psy RD and PSY Trellis, merange, aqstrength and even qcomp. I regularly adjust these by altering my scripts manually anyway, but it'd be handier and tidier to have them as tweakable options in the Ripbot GUI itself. Maybe you could then add a customs profiles tag so we could name and save them for easy access depending on input content for different encodes (film, anime etc).

Just a suggestion anyway, and I understand why you wouldn't want to bloat Ripbot with advanced options considering it's intention as an easy and simple GUI.

Cheers.

kikker
16th October 2009, 16:14
Hi Atak,

Please, please consider adding option to extract core audio from the lossless audio formats. Thank you!!

Preludee01
16th October 2009, 16:53
1. No. Use the x64 version of x264 if your on a x64 operating system as the only difference will be a speed increase. Quality isn't affected.

2. I personally end up with all my 720p rips between 4500kbps and 7000kbps, and 2-pass lock them down to sizes in 1120mb increments starting at 4480mb for approx. 90min films. But there's many factors that can contribute to why I might increase an average bitrate (and, in turn, file size), such as amount of motion, grain etc. in the video. I personally split my source into 1-2 min clips, run quick encoding tests on a few of those then compare to the source until I get as close to transparency as possible. But I realise most people won't be so anal so, yes, 5000kbps is a generally safe bitrate to use for 720p I'd say.

On the other hand, CQ mode is kind of a more streamlined version of the above process and will adjust the bitrate and file size based on the complexity of your input itself. Hence why you're getting different bitrates for different films/videos.

Hope that helps.

Hey. Thanks for great answer. Only probleme is when i download the 64bit of x264 (FFDShow 64bit), i cant get ripbot to start up. It say i need the ffdshow of 32bit. Anyway i can change setting so i can run it to 64bit? ty

RainyDog
16th October 2009, 17:33
Hey. Thanks for great answer. Only probleme is when i download the 64bit of x264 (FFDShow 64bit), i cant get ripbot to start up. It say i need the ffdshow of 32bit. Anyway i can change setting so i can run it to 64bit? ty

Sorry Preludee, I forgot to mention that bit. Yes, Ripbot needs the 32bit version of ffdshow installed. It will still use the x64 version of x264 on a 64bit operating system, however. You can have both the 32 and 64bit versions of ffshow installed side by side, so keep the 64bit for media playback and install the 32bit version for Ripbot.

Preludee01
16th October 2009, 17:40
alright tks alot. And i guest new version of ripbot is out, gona check it out now :)

8ternity
17th October 2009, 00:17
Hi Atak,

Just for updates;

I've make an Ghost of my complete installation partition. I install Windows Vista SP2 x64 and make installation and application still crash.

I Redownload avisynth 2.5.8. stable build (was 2.5.8 beta latest update) and it was the trouble. Two conversion is in progress and same to be good. I will make an Ghost of my installation partition, and restore Windows 7 and uninstall avisynth; and let you know if the application crash again.

Avisynth was downloaded from dvdhelp if my memory is good. I download directly from avisynth.org, stable version (recommanded).

thanks for you time.

EDIT:
After reinstall avisynth, reinstall the new one, try to convert 2 movies, after project demuxed at 100%, the application avs2avi.exe crashed again. I've apply an propertries on the application avs2avi.exe, set compatibility to VISTA SP2, apply, re-import file, i can done the import file, but after close the PREVIEW AVS application crash again. BUT, i got an second error

(Ripbot264 window: " is not a valid integer value)

but i've install Ripbot264 1.14.5 to do the test. i will go back to 1.14.4 to test it and update my editing part with update here:
make the same. I test same movies but in Vista SP2 x64 and everything works fine.

Now, im stuck...

Thanks.

Blackwalker
17th October 2009, 05:52

sorry, but which versione of "Media Player Classic" are you using?
Because on mine, i dont have that options!!
like in the output section "EVR Custom press" and other settings!?!??!

the one installed by ffdshow (32bit), the one installed
by ffdshow (64bit) or what? can you please tell me the version
you are using? thx :)

8ternity
17th October 2009, 06:29
sorry, but which versione of "Media Player Classic" are you using?
Because on mine, i dont have that options!!
like in the output section "EVR Custom press" and other settings!?!??!

the one installed by ffdshow (32bit), the one installed
by ffdshow (64bit) or what? can you please tell me the version
you are using? thx :)

Samething for me, EVR Custom Press i don't have that option but i test another one. I think he had MediaPlayer Classic HT (Home theather) version.

Make some test, read description when cursor stay on option you have an pop-up description. :rolleyes:

wolflop
17th October 2009, 17:04
new version 6.1.1.4.5 . Same Problem. After 15 % converting a mkv to avchd. Program says after crash jobs done.
MTS stream length 188000 KB.

Who can help ?

wolflop

Atak_Snajpera
17th October 2009, 20:47
You better explain us where did you get this corrupted mkv?

MKVCrazy
17th October 2009, 21:31
So I tried my first 2D cartoon clip with the denoise as you suggested and I like that it's FFT3DGPU instead of FFT3DFilter as I recently install a GPU card on my rig. But I looked into the .avs and it uses sigma=5 and everything else is default (since not defined). Where may I change the FFT3DGPU parameters? I would like to use a sharpen=1.0 and bt=4 with sigma=1.5 for the FILM. I've never try sigma=5 so I'll see how much it denoises in 2D animations first then report back.

MKVCrazy

8ternity
17th October 2009, 22:24
Hi Atak,

I've finally restore to Windows Vista SP1 x86. I Did not install the SP2 for vista because when i install it, i've have an x264.exe crash during conversion. I've convert 3 movies (2 this night and one is waiting 1 hours to get done).

Just to let you knwo that everything is fine! Im happy. Im ghosting my partition and let everything has is :devil::rolleyes:

8ternity
17th October 2009, 22:39
new version 6.1.1.4.5 . Same Problem. After 15 % converting a mkv to avchd. Program says after crash jobs done.
MTS stream length 188000 KB.

Who can help ?

wolflop

Uninstall matroska haali, ffdshow and avisynth;
Download thoes version;
Install avisynth, ffdshow, avisynth, reboot, retry conversion.

Avisynth:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/files/AviSynth%202.5/AviSynth%202.5.8/Avisynth_258.exe/download

ffdshow:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20clsid/generic%20builds/ffdshow_rev3096_20091006_clsid.exe/download

Matroska haali:
http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe

parsifal
17th October 2009, 23:21
Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem trying to encode an Avisynth script I wrote the other day. Watching the progress of the encoding via the GUI and the system tray icon, it seems that all 3185 frames of the script get encoded but then RipBot264 gets stuck with displaying the string "Pass1..." indefinitely, not proceeding with multiplexing into the final video file. I also noticed that the Windows Task Manager shows the processes named avs2yuv.exe and pipebuf.exe as still running.

Some additional info: I am using Windows Vista Business SP2 x64 with RipBot264 v1.14.5, same happened with the previous version of RipBot264. With other video files as input and the same encoding settings, there is no problem. The script is perfectly playable in MPC-HC and encoding with MeGUI also completes successfully.

Those of you with a fast internet access and willing to take a look at it, here's a MediaFire link for a ZIP archive with the Avisynth script and the source files: avs_and_sourcefiles.zip (22.85 MB) (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wmy0gzygi2n).

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Atak_Snajpera
17th October 2009, 23:44
Where may I change the FFT3DGPU parameters?
eeeee directly in script?

@parsifal
change this line in RipBot264.ini
Usex264x64=0

parsifal
18th October 2009, 00:00
@parsifal
Usex264x64=0

That solved it, thank you very much! Shame for the speed penalty, though. Oh well... :-)

edit: Is it a general issue with x64 and AVS input? If so, maybe you could add a routine in the code that checks for the file extension of the input file and overrides the ini setting? So, users wouldn't have to edit the ini file each time Avisynth input is required.

Atak_Snajpera
18th October 2009, 00:02
Shame for the speed penalty, though. Oh well... :-)
I wouldn't cry to much for 5% slower speed. I get 2-4% faster speed with x64. I'm really disappointed.

parsifal
18th October 2009, 00:33
Are you by any chance running your tests on an Intel CPU? With my dual core AMD K8, for this exact AVS script (1280x720, 25fps encoded@CQ22) , I get a 30sec improvement over the 194sec that the 32bit x264 build achieves (both times measuring only the 1st pass duration, not the initialization stage nor the muxing stage obviously). That's ~15% less time or if you prefer, a 1.18x speedup. Granted, not mind-blowing, but still respectable. :-)

Ajax_Undone
18th October 2009, 01:49
To anyone who cares:
The installer will have to wait for this release. I am in the middle of building a web page and have not the time to devote to it...

Just extract and over write the old files in x:\program files\ripbot264\ (on x64 systems x:\program files (x86)\ripbot264\)

MKVCrazy
18th October 2009, 02:10
eeeee directly in script?

@parsifal
Usex264x64=0

Yes. I want to change the parameters that's entered automatically when I select FILM/ANIME under DENOISE option.

Preludee01
18th October 2009, 02:49
Was wondering, whats "Low Priority" for? I alwast use it when encoding. But not 100% sure what its for.

8ternity
18th October 2009, 05:48
Was wondering, whats "Low Priority" for? I alwast use it when encoding. But not 100% sure what its for.

It's the priority of use of the program during conversion. If you need to do some thing with your computer like surfing on the net, make paiements, chat, the memory request are in low priority. If you want to use it only for conversion and maximise your fps rate, you set it to "0".

If my knowledge is good

Preludee01
18th October 2009, 06:00
alright tks

MKVCrazy
18th October 2009, 16:49
Sorry to bother you again, Atak. I have got a few basic questions. I have a clip which has 44.0 kHz and I want to make all my audio output to 48.0 kHz. How can I do this and also how can I make audio profile HE-AAC 2CH 48 kbps? The least I see in the drop down is HE-AAC 2CH 64 kbps.

Atak_Snajpera
18th October 2009, 21:01
I have a clip which has 44.0 kHz and I want to make all my audio output to 48.0 kHz.
ripbot264 always automatically resamples audio to 48khz.

The least I see in the drop down is HE-AAC 2CH 64 kbps.
I see no logical explanation why user would need 48 kbps option. Difference in size is too small compared to video size. 60 min -> 48kbps / 8 * 3600 = 21.1 MB vs 64kbps / 8 * 3600 = 28.1 MB

AMED
18th October 2009, 21:55
I'm not sure if i'm missing something here, but does RipBot support creating anamorphic encodes like MeGUI?

The output of the few DVD movies i have tested with RipBot don't seem to be stretching on playback.

I'm not sure if it's my steps causing the problem, so i'll list what i'm doing.

1. Open ripped dvd in RipBot clicking on first .VOB
2. Once loaded, I click Properties.
3. Auto Crop, size is set to do not resize.
4. Denoise set to Flim

How RipBot encode plays in MPC-HC
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3781/ablripbot.th.png (http://img8.imageshack.us/i/ablripbot.png/)

How MeGUI encode plays in MPC-HC
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3041/ablmegui.th.png (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/ablmegui.png/)

#MT

#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("E:\RipBot264v1.14.5\Tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
video=MPEG2Source("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.d2v")

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop
video=Crop(video,10,68,-6,-72)

#Resize

#Colors

#Denoise
LoadPlugin("E:\RipBot264v1.14.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\fft3dgpu\fft3dgpu.dll")
LoadPlugin("E:\RipBot264v1.14.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\gradfun2db\gradfun2db.dll")
video=FFT3DGPU(video,sigma=1.25).gradfun2db

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("E:\RipBot264v1.14.5\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 T80 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix
Import("E:\RipBot264v1.14.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\DownMixAudio.avs")
audio=DownMix2Stereo(audio)

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace
ConvertToRGB

Atak_Snajpera
19th October 2009, 01:03
Anamorphic works only if resolution is 720x480 or 720x576 or 1280x1080 or 1440x1080

illestdomer2005
19th October 2009, 04:14
I am trying to convert "Be Kind Rewind," and I keep getting the error message in Media Player Classic:

"DirectShowSource: couldn't open file [directory]: The system cannot find the file specified.

(C:\Temp\RipBot264\job5\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Any help? I am using 1.14.4. Thanks!

Ajax_Undone
19th October 2009, 05:40
I have released a new installer on mediafire the link is in my signature...
There is also a torrent if you prefer.

Oh I almost forgot if you choose to download via the torrent please Seed.

Preludee01
19th October 2009, 06:14
Is thier any diference between yours and Atak_Snajpera?

Ajax_Undone
19th October 2009, 17:07
Is thier any diference between yours and Atak_Snajpera?

'Mine?' I just packed it into an nsis script installer that includes the extras needed to get it to run...:)

tommy9901
19th October 2009, 19:27

i've the same problem in mpeg-1 ,what can i do :helpful:

MKVCrazy
19th October 2009, 21:57
ripbot264 always automatically resamples audio to 48khz.
Ok then now this is solved.

I see no logical explanation why user would need 48 kbps option. Difference in size is too small compared to video size. 60 min -> 48kbps / 8 * 3600 = 21.1 MB vs 64kbps / 8 * 3600 = 28.1 MB
Uhm, well that's great then. Do you know if Zune or ZuneHD plays 64kbps HE-AAC audio? By they way do you recommend converting DVD movie backups to PSP format with 64kbps HE-AAC even though the frequency is half? How does half affect the experience?

I still need the answer on how to modify the default FFT3GPU parameters you put in RipBot264.

MKVCrazy

Atak_Snajpera
19th October 2009, 22:01
Do not use HE-AAC because mobile players (PSP and so on) do not decode HE part. Instead of 48khz you will get 24Khz.

MKVCrazy
20th October 2009, 11:56
Do not use HE-AAC because mobile players (PSP and so on) do not decode HE part. Instead of 48khz you will get 24Khz.

Yes, I noticed that clearly. I'll use 96 LC-AAC then. Sorry if you didn't see my last reply as I edited after you replied.

Is there away to change the default FFT3GPU parameters that's used when selecting any of the DENOISE option? For me, the FILM was is a little too smoothed.

Rumbah
20th October 2009, 14:44
I just got an error of Ripbot not finishing an encoding job. With further inspection of the log file I noticed that Ripbot set -fps 23,96 in the x264 command line and it has to be 23.96. I'm using a German Windows and the "," is the normal decimal separator opposed to the English ".". Manually editing the bat file fixes the problem.

My log:

P:\>"C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Treiber\RipBot264v1.14.5\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^P:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" | "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Treiber\RipBot264v1.14.5\Tools\enc_aacPlus\enc_aacPlus.exe" - "P:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" --lc --cbr 98804

BePipe by dimzon

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("P:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

Found Audio Stream

Channels=2, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz

Writing Header...

Writing Data...

0%
Done!

* AACPlus v2 Encoder (using Winamp 5.2 enc_aacplus.dll)

* Source timestamp Mon May 15 17:24:26 2006

* Build May 15 2006, 17:24:35

* NOTE! enc_aacplus.dll must be into executable directory

* get it from Winamp 5.2 plugins directory

* tested on Winamp 5.2 Release Feb 23 2006 Full (Not Pro) version)

Input file: -

Output file: P:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac

SampleRate: 48000

ChannelCount: 2

BitsPerSample: 16

Bitrate: 98804

ChannelMode: Stereo

Encoder: AAC-LC

Encoding...
Finalizing...
Done

P:\>"C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Treiber\RipBot264v1.14.5\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Treiber\RipBot264v1.14.5\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "P:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -raw - : "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Treiber\RipBot264v1.14.5\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 22 --stats "P:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --fps 23,96 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 28493 --sar 1:1 --level 3.0 --filter 1,1 --ref 3 --bframes 16 --b-adapt 2 --direct auto --subme 10 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 2 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4 --no-8x8dct --me umh --output "P:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - 480x272 : 2

x264 [error]: invalid argument: fps = 23,96

P:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 480x272, 10000000/417327 fps, 28493 frames

Output error: wrote only 185716 of 195840 bytes

P:\>"C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Treiber\RipBot264v1.14.5\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "P:\temp\RipBot264temp" -add "P:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="videoklein" -fps 23.96 -add "P:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac":lang=und -mpeg4 -new "C:\Temp\videoklein.mp4"

Cannot find file P:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264

Error importing P:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264:name=videoklein: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:31s

Preludee01
20th October 2009, 18:36
Hey. Ive got a problem. When i use ripbot to re-encode 1080p MKV to 720p MKV, it does not complete. (Worked before for a while). After like 3m to 1h, it say completed. And i dont have nothing in the forlder i saved in it. Usally it takes 6-7h, in 2Pass-Mode. Is their someting that can cause that> tks

Atak_Snajpera
20th October 2009, 18:43
After like 3m to 1h, it say completed.
is your CPU stable? Use LINX (link in first post)

MKVCrazy
20th October 2009, 21:08
is your CPU stable? Use LINX (link in first post)

There's no way to change the default FFT3GPU parameters?

Atak_Snajpera
20th October 2009, 22:00
not yet. you are first who does not like my default settings.

Preludee01
20th October 2009, 22:56
Hey. My CPU is a 3.33ghz dual (intel). It worked before, but right now it does the job, it happen like 2-4 time that is say complet after 3 min. But right now its working. If i have more trouble, i'll right more detail. tks :)

csmcdem
21st October 2009, 00:19
First of all, great app.

But I have a problem. It goes through all the normal stuff, and then it freezes at Muxing. If i try to combine the .264 file and the audio file in the temp directory with tsMuxer, it doesn't work either.

Specs:
Win 7 x64 Pro RTM
9800GTX+

Tried with 3 different files, all going to BD-25, and they all get the same error.

Ga1j1n
21st October 2009, 06:18
Would it be possible to enable creation of multiple videos from one source buy inputting start and end timecodes, posssibly from the chapters file.

For example I'd like to backup a series I have on BluRay but eac3to indexes the 4 episodes on a disc to 1 input video and audio track, now I can spit the resultant Mp4 after it's creation with Yamb but it would be much neater and quicker to do at the creation stage.

Great tool BTW, nothing else comes close...

MKVCrazy
21st October 2009, 12:23
not yet. you are first who does not like my default settings.

Not that I don't like your default settings, I just wanted to test my preferred settings that I am using all the time and see which one is better between the two. Lol But I am looking forward to a feature that'll let me do just that thuogh :thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
21st October 2009, 12:52
I just wanted to test my preferred settings that I am using all the time and see which one is better between the two.
Why don't you just edit script in RipBot264? (SHOW SCRIPT)

Tried with 3 different files, all going to BD-25, and they all get the same error.
Show log file (Jobx_log.txt from logs folder)

8ternity
21st October 2009, 22:45
Hi Atak,

Ripbot264 1.14.5 on Windows Vista x64 ultimate; ffdshow clsid 3109, avisynth 2.5.8; program are freeze at "Muxing..." from this morning to now and the movie are done and are complete.

Job1.avs

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("D:\--= Complete =--\movieBD.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,544).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,88,0,88)

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("Z:\--= Softwares =--\Ripbot264 1.14.5\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicDTSSource("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix
Import("Z:\--= Softwares =--\Ripbot264 1.14.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\DownMixAudio.avs")
audio=DownMix2Stereo(audio)

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo
video=AssumeFPS(video,"ntsc_film")
audio=TimeStretch(audio,tempo=(24/1.001)/(24/1.001)*100)

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength
Trim(0,212985)

#ColorSpace

tsmuxer.meta

MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --avchd --vbr --auto-chapters=5 --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS
A_DTS, "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts", timeshift=0, lang=fra

Atak_Snajpera
21st October 2009, 22:56
What happens if you execute manually job1_MuxFiles.cmd?

8ternity
22nd October 2009, 00:33
What happens if you execute manually job1_MuxFiles.cmd?

unfortunatly i've erased files because i need to try another one movie to be converted. If other movie make the same, i will test it the command and let you know. Or if you really need to know the result, i can convert it again.

EDIT: i've put the same movie conversion in queue2. The conversion of this morning has only one queue. So after the other movie conversion, i will check if error happen again and test that.

Thanks!

8ternity
22nd October 2009, 05:31
I really dont understand what happen!

I've got an x264_x64.exe crash and the end of the second pass.

after click "OK" at the crash application, muxing was done completly. Audio and video was sync (one good news). The second movie in conversion was the one from this morning. I will know tomorrow morning is muxing will be freeze again.

For the x264_x64.exe, did you think i need to bypass the 64bit coding will resolve my trouble? I really dont care about the difference in conversion with my new quad cores amd phenom II, performance are still awesome.

I will wait for recommandations before making or apply any changes.

thanks ataK!

ShabbyDog
22nd October 2009, 16:18
I can't undestand actually. I have a bd to rip, I first encode it at 1920x1080 and then at 1280x720 but I want the same good quality for both: I should use the same bitrate for both? How could the high res movie be as good as the lower if I get the same file size? I think that a higher res movie needs more bitrate and then will be larger. Where am I mistaking?
Thanks, bye.

Years ago I read a great text that described this.

Imagine you have a small box that's 1280x720 in size. Then you add marbles into the bottom of that box until it's full. The entire bottom is filled with marbles side by side. The marbles now symbolize your bitrate.

If you now create a new box measuring 1920x1080 and move the same marbles from the first box into the second box they would not cover the bottom, right?

So, what does this tell us? Well, bitrate decides the size of your end file but higher resolutions need higher bitrate (more marbles) to cover the bottom.

So, for your 1280x720 box you need less marbles than you do for your 1920x1080 box meaning you need lower bitrate for the lower resolution = smaller filesize.

The discussion about what bitrate you would need for different resolutions I won't even try to get into since folks have very different opinions about that but at least this could help some people understand bitrate vs resolution better.

dirk362
22nd October 2009, 19:23
I've been using RB for a long time now, and it's a great program, and also the developer continues to fix and enhance.

I'd like to request two enhancements for consideration

1. When working with Custom Resize, would it be possible to either allow manual input of the values, or allow for steps of 2 instead of 4 ?
My rationale for asking is that with a lot of DVB-S/T stuff, you have to crop quite a lot to get rid of dead areas (and also some OSG), and in doing so, when you want to resize back to say 1.85:1 with 640x346, you can only get to 640x348 or x344. I can mitigate this by setting it close, then editing the AVS, and the encoding CMD files (if 2-pass obviously). But it would be nicer to not have to (and I understand that multiples of 2 is not ideal, but when working with MKV, you don't really need to worry about this multiples of 8 or 16 any more).

2. Is there anyway to provide a default additional set of lines to be added to the jobx.avs file ?
Rationale here is to add fade support. I always add this for TV encodes, or when creating multiples that I'll eventually mux together into one.
If not, perhaps an option in the GUI to specify the number of seconds to fade to black at start/end, and then use the FPS of the source to put this in automatically

Of course both of these things I can and do get around manually, but they're quite useful additions with over-complicating the product (which I really like for it's ease of use).

Any chance of the above ?

quicken
22nd October 2009, 20:03
First and foremost - thanks to Atak for advancing an making Ripbot a valuable tool. My question is that I am stuck; I cant get it to work. I have installed all current versions (and played with older versions) of RB, ffdshow, avisynth, etc. I have a clean install of WM11. All goes well until MPC (getinfo.avs) opens and then the screen stays black and and the status bar appears to have a seizure.

I am trying to rip and encode my own Blu-Ray library (of my own DVDs) for streaming throughout the house. I use AnyDVD to rip the file to the HDD and then RB to try and complete the rest. I am new to blu-ray encoding, but have been successful with standard DVD conversion to MP4.

System info

Win XP
Quad-core - Q8200
GeForce 9500 GT

Any help would be most appreciated.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd October 2009, 20:14
All goes well until MPC (getinfo.avs) opens and then the screen stays black and and the status bar appears to have a seizure.
I cannot help you If you won't tell me what MPC says.

Furiousflea
22nd October 2009, 20:56
Been using this to rip my Blurays...

Problem is, why are you using "down16" command in eac3to on 24bit lossless audio tracks!!!!?

What on earth is the point in that, it makes using FLAC a complete wastre of time surely?

I'm using AAC-LC 5.1 320kbps personally, was also a little curious on why there aren't higher bitrate profiles for AAC-LC 5.1 would be useful when you have a lossless TrueHD\DTSMA track to begin with.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm sure there are very good reasons like the encoders might not accept 24bit audio etc?

Thanks for the work :)

8ternity
22nd October 2009, 22:25
Hi Atak;

Update: after trying two conversion (different movies), x264_x64.exe was crashed again (ripbot are freeze at 1 Pass 00:00:00) after 1pass done, click OK of the crashed application, ripbot264 muxing the project in queue (the one crashed).

It bring me an idea; did it could be the fast first pass make the application crash?

What you recommand me.

Thanks. Hope thoes informations will help you.

quicken
22nd October 2009, 22:41
I cannot help you If you won't tell me what MPC says.

It doesn't give me an error. Is there a file that would tell me the error. I apologize for my ignorance in advance - i just dont see one.

Atak_Snajpera
22nd October 2009, 22:54
Problem is, why are you using "down16" command in eac3to on 24bit lossless audio tracks!!!!?
Answer is somewhere in this thread.

I'm using AAC-LC 5.1 320kbps personally, was also a little curious on why there aren't higher bitrate profiles for AAC-LC 5.1 would be useful when you have a lossless TrueHD\DTSMA track to begin with.
320kbps is max what CT-AAC supports

@8ternity
try with x264_x86.exe (edit ripbot264.ini)

quicken
22nd October 2009, 23:10
I found the mpc.ini file and pasted here. Is this what you are looking for? 1 of 2

[Settings]
LastUsedPage=0
HideCaptionMenu=0
ControlState=19
DefaultVideoFrame=4
KeepAspectRatio=1
CompMonDeskARDiff=0
Volume=52
Balance=0
Mute=0
LoopNum=1
Loop=1
Rewind=1
Zoom=1
AllowMultipleInstances=0
TitleBarTextStyle=1
OnTop=0
TrayIcon=0
AutoZoom=1
FullScreenCtrls=1
FullScreenCtrlsTimeOut=0
FullscreenRes=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ExitFullscreenAtTheEnd=0
RememberWindowPos=0
RememberWindowSize=0
SnapToDesktopEdges=1
LastWindowRect=AAAAAAAAMICAAAAABHDAAAAACAEAAAAA
LastWindowType=0
AspectRatioX=0
AspectRatioY=0
KeepHistory=1
DSVidRen=0
RMVidRen=0
QTVidRen=0
APSurfaceUsage=0
VMRSyncFix=0
DX9Resizer=1
VMR9MixerMode=0
AudioRendererType=
AutoloadAudio=0
AutoloadSubtitles=0
EnableWorkerThreadForOpening=1
ReportFailedPins=1
DVDPath=
UseDVDPath=0
MenuLang=1033
AudioLang=1033
SubtitlesLang=1033
AutoSpeakerConf=1
SPDefaultStyle=20,20,20,20,2,0,2.000000,3.000000,0xffffff,0x00ffff,0x000000,0x000000,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x80,1,Arial,18.000000,100.000000,100.000000,0.000000,700,0,0,0,0,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,2
SPOverridePlacement=0
SPHorPos=50
SPVerPos=90
SPCSize=3
SPCMaxRes=2
SPCPow2Tex=1
EnableSubtitles=1
EnableAudioSwitcher=0
EnableAudioTimeShift=0
AudioTimeShift=0
DownSampleTo441=0
CustomChannelMapping=0
SpeakerToChannelMapping=BAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJAAAAAAAKAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAABAAAAAAACAAA
AudioNormalize=0
AudioNormalizeRecover=1
AudioBoost=1
IntRealMedia=0
RealMediaFPS=1103626240
UseWinLirc=0
WinLircAddr=127.0.0.1:8765
UseUICE=0
UICEAddr=127.0.0.1:1234
DisableXPToolbars=0
UseWMASFReader=1
JumpDistS=1000
JumpDistM=5000
JumpDistL=20000
FreeWindowResizing=1
NotifyMSN2=0
NotifyGTSdll=0
LogoFile=
LogoID2=206
LogoExt=0
HideCDROMsSubMenu=0
Priority=32768
LaunchFullScreen=0
EnableWebServer=0
WebServerPort=13579
WebServerPrintDebugIfo=0
WebServerUseCompression=1
WebServerLocalhostOnly=1
WebRoot=*./webroot
WebDefIndex=index.html;index.php
WebServerCGI=
SnapShotPath=C:\Users\Dawid\Desktop
SnapShotExt=.bmp
ThumbRows=4
ThumbCols=4
ThumbWidth=1024
ISDb=isdb.go.dyndns.org
fps=30.000
gotoluf=1
[Internal Filters]
SrcFilters=-2097152
TraFilters=-2048
[ToolBars\Subresync]
Visible=0
DockState=59419
[ToolBars\Subresync\State-SCBar-0]
sizeHorzCX=200
sizeHorzCY=200
sizeVertCX=200
sizeVertCY=200
sizeFloatCX=200
sizeFloatCY=200
[ToolBars\Playlist]
Visible=0
DockState=59422
[ToolBars\Playlist\State-SCBar-0]
sizeHorzCX=200
sizeHorzCY=100
sizeVertCX=200
sizeVertCY=100
sizeFloatCX=200
sizeFloatCY=100
[ToolBars\Capture Settings]
Visible=0
DockState=59420
[ToolBars\Capture Settings\State-SCBar-0]
sizeHorzCX=191
sizeHorzCY=470
sizeVertCX=191
sizeVertCY=470
sizeFloatCX=191
sizeFloatCY=470
[ToolBars\Shader Editor]
Visible=0
DockState=59419
[ToolBars\Shader Editor\State-SCBar-0]
sizeHorzCX=1428
sizeHorzCY=115
sizeVertCX=297
sizeVertCY=115
sizeFloatCX=297
sizeFloatCY=115
[Capture]
VidOutput=1
AudOutput=1
VidPreview=1
AudPreview=1
FileFormat=0
FileName=.avi
SepAudio=1
[Recent Dub List]
Dub1=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -221ms.mpa
Dub2=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -242ms.mpa
Dub3=c:\RipBot264temp\job2\job2 MPA PID 814 DELAY -221ms.mpa
Dub4=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 T01 DELAY 0ms.mpa
Dub5=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 PID 025 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
Dub6=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY 0ms.mpa
Dub7=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 T01 48K 16bit 2ch.wav
Dub8=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 PID 032 T01 2_0ch 384Kbps DELAY -6ms.ac3
Dub9=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -217ms.mpa
Dub10=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -231ms.mpa
Dub11=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -224ms.mpa
Dub12=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -240ms.mpa
Dub13=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -188ms.mpa
Dub14=c:\RipBot264temp\job2\job2 MPA PID 814 DELAY -242ms.mpa
Dub15=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -168ms.ac3
Dub16=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
Dub17=c:\RipBot264temp\job2\job2 MPA PID 814 DELAY -224ms.mpa
Dub18=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 MPA PID 814 DELAY -229ms.mpa
Dub19=c:\RipBot264temp\job3\job3 MPA PID 814 DELAY -221ms.mpa
Dub20=c:\RipBot264temp\job1\job1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 583032ms.ac3

quicken
22nd October 2009, 23:11
2 of 2

[Recent File List]
File1=L:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs
File2=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2_preview.avs
File3=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_preview.avs
File4=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job3\job3_preview.avs
File5=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job7\job7_preview.avs
File6=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job6\job6_preview.avs
File7=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job5\job5_preview.avs
File8=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job4\job4_preview.avs
File9=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs
File10=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job5\job5_preview.avs
File11=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job4\job4_preview.avs
File12=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job3\job3_preview.avs
File13=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2_preview.avs
File14=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_preview.avs
File15=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job7\job7_preview.avs
File16=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job6\job6_preview.avs
File17=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs
File18=D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job4\job4_preview.avs
File19=D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job3\job3_preview.avs
File20=D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2_preview.avs
[Settings\PnSPresets]
Preset0=Scale to 16:9 TV,0.500,0.500,1.000,1.333
Preset1=Zoom To Widescreen,0.500,0.500,1.333,1.333
Preset2=Zoom To Ultra-Widescreen,0.500,0.500,1.763,1.763
[FileFormats]
RtspHandler=1
RtspFileExtFirst=1
Windows Media file=wmv wmp wm asf \0
Windows Media Audio file=wma \0
Video file=avi \0
Audio file=wav \0
MPEG Media file=mpg mpeg mpe m1v m2v mpv2 mp2v dat ts tp tpr pva pss \0
MPEG Audio file=mpa mp2 m1a m2a \0
DVD file=vob ifo \0
DVD Audio file=ac3 dts \0
MP3 Format Sound=mp3 \0
MIDI file=mid midi rmi \0
Indeo Video file=ivf \0
AIFF Format Sound=aif aifc aiff \0
AU Format Sound=au snd \0
Ogg Media file=ogm \0
Ogg Vorbis Audio file=ogg \0
CD Audio Track=cda \0
FLIC file=fli flc flic \0
DVD2AVI Project file=d2v \0
MPEG4 file=mp4 m4v m4p m4b 3gp 3gpp 3g2 3gp2 \0
MPEG4 Audio file=m4a aac \0
Matroska Media file=mkv \0
Matroska Audio file=mka \0
Smacker/Bink Media file=smk bik \0
ratdvd file=ratdvd \0
RoQ Media file=roq \0
Real Media file=rm ram rmvb rpm \0
Real Audio file=ra \0
Real Script file=rt rp smi smil \1
Dirac Video file=drc \0
DirectShow Media file=dsm dsv dsa dss \0
Musepack file=mpc \0
Flash Video file=flv \0
Shockwave Flash file=swf \3
Quicktime file=mov qt amr \2
Image file=jpeg jpg bmp gif pic png dib tiff tif \0
Playlist file=asx m3u pls wvx wax wmx mpcpl \0
Other=divx vp6 \0
[Shaders]
Initialized=1
Combine=
0=emboss|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat dx = 1/width;\n\tfloat dy = 1/height;\n\t\n\tfloat4 c1 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(-dx,-dy));\n\tfloat4 c2 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(0,-dy));\n\tfloat4 c4 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(-dx,0));\n\tfloat4 c6 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(dx,0));\n\tfloat4 c8 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(0,dy));\n\tfloat4 c9 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(dx,dy));\n\t\n\tfloat4 c0 = (-c1-c2-c4+c6+c8+c9);\n\tc0 = (c0.r+c0.g+c0.b)/3 + 0.5;\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}\n
1=spotlight|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat4 c0 = tex2D(s0, tex);\n\tfloat3 lightsrc = float3(sin(clock*PI/1.5)/2+0.5,cos(clock*PI)/2+0.5,1);\n\tfloat3 light = normalize(lightsrc - float3(tex.x,tex.y,0));\n\tc0 *= pow(dot(light, float3(0,0,1)), 50);\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}\n
2=deinterlace (blend)|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat4 c0 = tex2D(s0, tex);\n\t\n\tfloat2 h = float2(0, 1/height);\n\tfloat4 c1 = tex2D(s0, tex-h);\n\tfloat4 c2 = tex2D(s0, tex+h);\n\tc0 = (c0*2+c1+c2)/4;\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}
3=invert|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat4 c0 = float4(1, 1, 1, 1) - tex2D(s0, tex);\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}\n
4=procamp|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nstatic float4x4 r2y =\n{\n\t0.299, 0.587, 0.114, 0,\n\t-0.147, -0.289, 0.437, 0,\n\t0.615, -0.515, -0.100, 0,\n\t0, 0, 0, 0\n};\n\nstatic float4x4 y2r =\n{\n\t1.0, 0.0, 1.140, 0, \n\t1.0, -0.394, -0.581, 0,\n\t1.0, 2.028, 0.0, 0, \n\t0, 0, 0, 0\n};\n\n#define ymin (16.0/255)\n#define ymax (235.0/255)\n\n// Brightness: -1.0 to 1.0, default 0.0\n// Contrast: 0.0 to 10.0, default 1.0\n// Hue: -180.0 to +180.0, default 0.0\n// Saturation: 0.0 to 10.0, default 1.0\n\n#define Brightness 0.0\n#define Contrast 1.0\n#define Hue 0.0\n#define Saturation 1.0\n\n// tv -> pc scale\n// #define Brightness (-ymin)\n// #define Contrast (1.0/(ymax-ymin))\n\nstatic float2x2 HueMatrix =\n{\n\tcos(Hue * PI / 180), sin(Hue * PI / 180),\n\t-sin(Hue * PI / 180), cos(Hue * PI / 180)\n};\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat4 c0 = tex2D(s0, tex);\n\tc0 = mul(r2y, c0);\n\tc0.r = Contrast * (c0.r - ymin) + ymin + Brightness;\n\tc0.gb = mul(HueMatrix, c0.gb) * Saturation;\n\tc0 = mul(y2r, c0);\n\treturn c0; \n}\n
5=contour|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat dx = 4/width;\n\tfloat dy = 4/height;\n\t\n\tfloat4 c2 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(0,-dy));\n\tfloat4 c4 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(-dx,0));\n\tfloat4 c5 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(0,0));\n\tfloat4 c6 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(dx,0));\n\tfloat4 c8 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(0,dy));\n\t\n\tfloat4 c0 = (-c2-c4+c5*4-c6-c8);\n\tif(length(c0) < 1.0) c0 = float4(0,0,0,0);\n\telse c0 = float4(1,1,1,0);\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}\n
6=letterbox|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat4 c0 = 0;\n\t\n\tfloat2 ar = float2(16, 9);\n\tfloat h = (1 - width/height * ar.y/ar.x) / 2;\n\t\n\tif(tex.y >= h && tex.y <= 1-h)\n\t\tc0 = tex2D(s0, tex);\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}
7=wave|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\t// don't look at this for too long, you'll get dizzy :)\n\t\n\tfloat4 c0 = 0;\n\t\n\ttex.x += sin(tex.x+clock/0.3)/20;\n\ttex.y += sin(tex.x+clock/0.3)/20;\n\t\n\tif(tex.x >= 0 && tex.x <= 1 && tex.y >= 0 && tex.y <= 1)\n\t{\n\t\tc0 = tex2D(s0, tex);\n\t}\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}\n
8=sharpen|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0); \nfloat4 p0 : register(c0); \nfloat4 p1 : register(c1); \n \n#define effect_width (1.6) \n#define val0 (2.0) \n#define val1 (-0.125) \n\n#define width (p0[0]) \n#define height (p0[1]) \n \nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR \n{ \n\tfloat dx = effect_width/width; \n\tfloat dy = effect_width/height; \n \n\tfloat4 c1 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(-dx,-dy)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c2 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(0,-dy)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c3 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(-dx,0)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c4 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(dx,0)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c5 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(0,dy)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c6 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(dx,dy)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c7 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(-dx,+dy)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c8 = tex2D(s0, tex + float2(+dx,-dy)) * val1; \n\tfloat4 c9 = tex2D(s0, tex) * val0; \n\t\n\tfloat4 c0 = (c1 + c2 + c3 + c4 + c5 + c6 + c7 + c8 +c9); \n\t\n\treturn c0; \n}
9=sphere|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\t// - this is a very simple raytracer, one sphere only\n\t// - no reflection or refraction, yet (my ati 9800 has a 64 + 32 instruction limit...)\n\t\n\tfloat3 pl = float3(3,-3,-4); // light pos\n\tfloat4 cl = 0.4; // light color\n\t\n\tfloat3 pc = float3(0,0,-1); // cam pos\n\tfloat3 ps = float3(0,0,0.5); // sphere pos\n\tfloat r = 0.65; // sphere radius\n\t\n\tfloat3 pd = normalize(float3(tex.x-0.5, tex.y-0.5, 0) - pc);\n\t\n\tfloat A = 1;\n\tfloat B = 2*dot(pd, pc - ps);\n\tfloat C = dot(pc - ps, pc - ps) - r*r;\n\tfloat D = B*B - 4*A*C;\n\t\n\tfloat4 c0 = 0;\n\t\n\tif(D >= 0)\n\t{\n\t\t// t2 is the smaller, obviously...\n\t\t// float t1 = (-B + sqrt(D)) / (2*A);\n\t\t// float t2 = (-B - sqrt(D)) / (2*A);\n\t\t// float t = min(t1, t2); \n\t\t\n\t\tfloat t = (-B - sqrt(D)) / (2*A);\n\t\t\n\t\t// intersection data\n\t\tfloat3 p = pc + pd*t;\n\t\tfloat3 n = normalize(p - ps);\n\t\tfloat3 l = normalize(pl - p);\n\t\t\n\t\t// mapping the image onto the sphere\n\t\ttex = acos(-n)/PI; \n\t\t\n\t\t// rotate it\n\t\ttex.x = frac(tex.x + frac(clock/10));\n\t\t\n\t\t// diffuse + specular\n\t\tc0 = tex2D(s0, tex) * dot(n, l) + cl * pow(max(dot(l, reflect(pd, n)), 0), 50);\n\t}\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}\n
10=grayscale|ps_2_0|sampler s0 : register(s0);\nfloat4 p0 : register(c0);\nfloat4 p1 : register(c1);\n\n#define width (p0[0])\n#define height (p0[1])\n#define counter (p0[2])\n#define clock (p0[3])\n#define one_over_width (p1[0])\n#define one_over_height (p1[1])\n\n#define PI acos(-1)\n\nfloat4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR\n{\n\tfloat c0 = dot(tex2D(s0, tex), float4(0.299, 0.587, 0.114, 0));\n\t\n\treturn c0;\n}\n

8ternity
23rd October 2009, 00:26
2 of 2

Next time put all your script in a code:

ex: (eraser *, if i dont put * your will not see script)
ex: [*code] and at the end of your script [*/code] you will see that :

code embered in a window

[ c o d e ] code here [ / c o d e ] without no space bettween letters. ;)