PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

JohnnyB.Good
25th June 2009, 00:55
Hi, I just selected to encode subtitles and selected the sup file from job1, picked 2-pass encoding, avchd and 8150 files size however the resulting file is only 463MB.

I used tsmuxer to view the resulting file and it ignored selected tracks and only the AC3 file remains, apparently the encoding of the video never took place. The other 2 movies that were on the list without the sup option encoded fine.

prettyboy85712
25th June 2009, 02:14
Post your log file

Comatose
26th June 2009, 02:09
Posting on behalf of a friend (the 5 day wait thingie):

I queue a video to be converted from .flv (off of youtube) to be converted to .mp4 and when I click start, it takes about 2 seconds to say "file converted" but it never showed the progress or anything. The file it supposedly converted is also non-existant in the specified directory

Thanks for your attention!

8ternity
26th June 2009, 02:54
Hi Atak,

I have an question for you. I have convert an m2ts movies to AVCHD with Nero Vision and the fast foward movie is working 100%. Did you know how fix ripbot264 for working the same? because ripbot264 in FF is skip 2-3sec in 3-4 seconds. Fast Foward is painful on PS3, Samsung Blu-Ray and Sony blu-ray home player.

Thanks for you time and hard work.:)

gohamstergo
26th June 2009, 08:47
searched, but didnt find anything...

is there a way to include multiple angles (from a bluray) in an mkv file?

Przemek_Sperling
26th June 2009, 13:17
Thank you for creating RipBot264, an outstanding tool which I find definitely the best. I have tested many tools (both commercial and freeware) for encoding my DVDs and RipBot264 is IMO the most intuitive AND gives the best results. I will be glad if I will be able to donate some money for future development and as a kind of appreciation.
:thanks:

Świetna robota, Atak!

wolfbane5
26th June 2009, 16:50
I recently updated to v1.14.2 and I'm getting x264_x86 errors on random occasions. I once had the x264 appcrash, and ripbot came back to me saying the conversion had been completed with a total time, but the output file was never created. The next couple encodes both worked fine, so I thought it was a one time thing, but I got another one this morning. However this time, the error occurred at 96% of pass 2 (during the credits of the movie). Once I closed the crash notice, ripbot went and muxed the vid/aud together and I did get an output file. When I ran through it, the video freezes 4 mins before the end of the movie, while the audio still plays.

I found this all very strange.

Atak_Snajpera
26th June 2009, 17:06
I recently updated to v1.14.2 and I'm getting x264_x86 errors on random occasions.
Run Prime95 MT (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/Prime95.shtml) for couple hours to check if your cpu is stable. Then run memtest x86 (http://www.memtest.org/#downiso)for another couple hours.

binhex
26th June 2009, 17:28
hi atak, i have recently switched from version 1.13.3 of your app to version 1.14.2 and noticed that every time i tried to add a mkv file to the job queue it would get stuck at the "please wait...gathering informations..." stage. i eventually managed to track this down to my ini file pointing at a non existent profile which i forgot to copy across from the previous version so the issue was completely my fault :-). just a thought, maybe it would be nice to notify the user if they have a missing profile as it took me a while to track it down (tried updating all pre-req's).

other than that, im still loving your app :-), oh yeah one teenie weenie other thing, shouldn't it say "gathering information" not "informations" ??.

Atak_Snajpera
26th June 2009, 17:34
shouldn't it say "gathering information" not "informations" ??.
The word "information" does not have plural for in English?

because ripbot264 in FF is skip 2-3sec in 3-4 seconds. Fast Foward is painful on PS3, Samsung Blu-Ray and Sony blu-ray home player.
I tested on my friend's Samsung P1600 eu and fast forward/backward and chapters work almost immediately. I also do not recall any problems on PS3.

Matthias01
26th June 2009, 19:05
Hi,

:thanks: for this great tool. Very easy and simple to use. Nice. By the way: where is the donate button in this program? ;-)

Just feedback for further development:
It would be nice if it would be possible to select two audiostreams which will be directly converted/muxed into target file (just nice to save one manual step).

And perhaps you could keep the resolution warning if AVCHD is selected only informational - not forcing the user to change the resolution (reason: maybe some people prefer the cropped *.m2ts from AVCHD folder for streaming directly to PS3)

Greets
Matthias

binhex
26th June 2009, 19:50

in a word, no, you could however say "gathering all information" to indicate more than one source perhaps?

turbojet
26th June 2009, 21:58
A little potential issue that I haven't seen reported yet is DVD-R DL only holds 8147 MB.

Atak_Snajpera
26th June 2009, 22:02
This should not be a problem because +'s are more popular. Besides m2ts is often few megs smaller than selected size.

gohamstergo
27th June 2009, 00:43
searched, but didnt find anything...

is there a way to include multiple angles (from a bluray) in an mkv file?

question got a little burried :P ill only post about my question once per page tho, so as not to spam

8ternity
27th June 2009, 06:11

I tested on my friend's Samsung P1600 eu and fast forward/backward and chapters work almost immediately. I also do not recall any problems on PS3.

Hi Atak,

I have tested on Samsung BDP1200 and Also BDP1400. My sony is an BDPS350 with updated latest firmware on it. but when burn over 4X, the sony skip on playback. Could be my LG dvd writer cause trouble for Fast Foward?

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
27th June 2009, 07:02
I used cheap Tesco DVD+RW 4x. Make sure you use better discs for faster speed. I would recommend Verbatim discs.

Cela
27th June 2009, 13:34
I get the "audio.1.wav" and the final output 'watermarked' with "Twin-Tower"-Clicks aus output from AVIExtract.cmd of RipBot264v1.14.1 !

I posted the issue in the audio section Link (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1300554#post1300554) because I hope to get there some tips how to do a quality control, find out if and where these sort of clicks are, which are definitely NOT in the input Test.avi. You can find a short wav-example and a screenshot there.

My input is a Test.avi from VirtualDub with Xvid video and (DVD compliant) 16 bit 48 kHz 2ch wav audio.

Does anybody else experience this issue?

Ajax_Undone
27th June 2009, 16:24
I get the "audio.1.wav" and the final output 'watermarked' with "Twin-Tower"-Clicks aus output from AVIExtract.cmd of RipBot264v1.14.1 !

I posted the issue in the audio section Link (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1300554#post1300554) because I hope to get there some tips how to do a quality control, find out if and where these sort of clicks are, which are definitely NOT in the input Test.avi. You can find a short wav-example and a screenshot there.

My input is a Test.avi from VirtualDub with Xvid video and (DVD compliant) 16 bit 48 kHz 2ch wav audio.

Does anybody else experience this issue?

Do you have a copy of the original audio file that can be uploaded...

P.S. Cross Posting is kind of a mess and against the rules (http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm) check 8...

8ternity
27th June 2009, 19:10
I used cheap Tesco DVD+RW 4x. Make sure you use better discs for faster speed. I would recommend Verbatim discs.

I use Memorex, Ritek dvdr and maxell dvdr.For DL media i take Memorex DL+.

Cela
27th June 2009, 19:49
Do you have a copy of the original audio file that can be uploaded...

P.S. Cross Posting is kind of a mess and against the rules (http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm) check 8...1.) Why do you need my file to know if YOU ever have experienced the same issue with your files?

P.S. It is too long to upload. I suppose, if this happens with a standard DVD compliant wav, then it might happen with any DVD compliant wav.

You did not ask, but I tell you:
I use ffdshow[rev 2992] [2009-06-09].
I could not find a stringent advice to what rev to use or not to use.

2.) It belongs to "audio" AND to "RipBot" (origins from RipBot usage). I thought it might be sort of a warning for RipBot users to pay attention.
But, feel free to delete this here.
I expect some advice for better quality control (how to find such audio patterns in an audio file) from the audio section, though.

Atak_Snajpera
27th June 2009, 20:43
Try to replace old ffmpeg.exe with newer revision
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=205275&package_id=248632

Ajax_Undone
27th June 2009, 22:15
1.) Why do you need my file to know if YOU ever have experienced the same issue with your files?

P.S. It is too long to upload. I suppose, if this happens with a standard DVD compliant wav, then it might happen with any DVD compliant wav.

You did not ask, but I tell you:
I use ffdshow[rev 2992] [2009-06-09].
I could not find a stringent advice to what rev to use or not to use.

2.) It belongs to "audio" AND to "RipBot" (origins from RipBot usage). I thought it might be sort of a warning for RipBot users to pay attention.
But, feel free to delete this here.
I expect some advice for better quality control (how to find such audio patterns in an audio file) from the audio section, though.

I was wanting to see if it might be an amplified artifact from the original. Something like a smudge of static being inside the realm of the target htz that might have been seen by the encoder as important there in mapping out in full range.
I have seen this happen with some LP conversions using lame.
Thats all.

But yes do as atak said I am interested in your resulting outcome...

~DarC

turbojet
27th June 2009, 23:28
The slow seeking, chapter jumps also happens on Panasonic BD30. It's the long keyint's, with --keyint 24 seeking/jumping works like it should. I know long gop's help a lot in rare situations but they are a nightmare to some hardware players, powerdvd, windvd (no deblocking after 24 frames from an I frame). Either forcing small gop's with avchd option or a separate option to change this would be much appreciated.

Also directshowsource and dss2 change the framerate of 23.976 inputs which messes up eac3to and possibly 24p on some players, a workaround for this is using assumeFPS(24000,1001). 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, dgsource, ffmpegsource aren't affected.

Ajax_Undone
28th June 2009, 00:02
You can build custom Profiles and set the variables when where and if you like.

The four are there for a run of the mill recode. Not for a "Cause I Have too cause its all there is"

Atak_Snajpera
28th June 2009, 00:30
Also directshowsource and dss2 change the framerate of 23.976 inputs which messes up eac3to and possibly 24p on some players, a workaround for this is using assumeFPS(24000,1001). 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, dgsource, ffmpegsource aren't affected.
It really does not matter if script contains assumeFPS(24000,1001) or not because I use raw avc as output. fps paramentr is added during muxing to container (23.976)

Regarding short gop I agree with ajax. You can add your own commands to profile. Personally I don't like short gop because it only hurts quality. I do not want to see changes in picture every second due to forced key frames! (x264 developers had good reason to choose 25 - 250 range.)
I would like to see full list of players which like long gop and which do not like them.

turbojet
28th June 2009, 05:37
It really does not matter if script contains assumeFPS(24000,1001) or not because I use raw avc as output. fps paramentr is added during muxing to container (23.976)

x264 --fps only works with raw input which avs2yuv does I did some tests with a 23.976024 (24000/1001) source

default ripbot
x86 - 23.976043
x64 - 23.976000

assumeFPS(24000,1001)
x86 - 23.976024
x64 - 23.976000

x264 --fps 24000/1001
x86 - 23.976043
x64 - 23.976024

with x64 --fps 30000/1001 and 60000/1001 are needed for same output as input framerate.

Regarding short gop I agree with ajax. You can add your own commands to profile. Personally I don't like short gop because it only hurts quality. I do not want to see changes in picture every second due to forced key frames! (x264 developers had good reason to choose 25 - 250 range.)
I would like to see full list of players which like long gop and which do not like them.

Ya it is a workaround but it keeps coming up as an issue in this thread. As for a list after doing a little searching in this thread to add to eternity's post about ps3, samsung, sony players last week:

works:
lg bh200
samsung 1500
samsung 1600

doesnt work:
panasonic bd30
panasonic bd35
sony 300
sony 350

qpfiles would eliminate the problem with chapter skipping but seek is still an issue.

Atak_Snajpera
28th June 2009, 06:40
My sony is an BDPS350 with updated latest firmware on it. but when burn over 4X, the sony skip on playback.
According to this everything works well if DVD is recorded at 4x speed. Eternity confirm please.

wolfbane5
28th June 2009, 08:34
Run Prime95 MT (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/Prime95.shtml) for couple hours to check if your cpu is stable. Then run memtest x86 (http://www.memtest.org/#downiso)for another couple hours.

What kind of torture test should I run from Prime95 for the cpu?

Przemek_Sperling
28th June 2009, 11:12
IMO OCCT Perestroika http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/ is a better stability test. Try CPU Linpack test and run it for several hours (usually an hour is more than enough to detect errors). You will see if the overclocked processor is stable and your cooling system is efficient.

laserfan
28th June 2009, 14:09
You can add your own commands to profile.I see the list of x264 options there, but how would one specify Pass 1 vs. Pass 2 options?

bigggt
28th June 2009, 15:35
You can build custom Profiles and set the variables when where and if you like.

The four are there for a run of the mill recode. Not for a "Cause I Have too cause its all there is"

Does anyone have optimal settings for Popcorn Hour

As of right now i use the HD , Blu-ray profile with cq 20 at 720p but would love to improve the quality if anyone has a better profile

thanks

crackinhedz
28th June 2009, 17:52
Hey guys, Im extremely new here so go easy on me.

I absolutely love the Ripbot program. But now I seem to have a problem when trying to upload files to be Ripbot'd.

When I first started using this program a few days ago, I thought I was in absolute heaven. It did an excellent job in such a short amount of time. Every other program/method I found took forever. So I'm really hoping you guys can help me figure this one out.

So far I have been able to convert about four or five .m2ts files into the .MKV format. But, then I tried again and when I load the file into ripbot and it starts the 'demuxing selected stream' process, after 100% I get this error:

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv: An object or name was not found. (C:\tempRipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

...I searched around on the net and everyone with this same problem did not receiver an answer so I'm asking here. (if already answered elsewhere, please kindly direct me to the answer!) I am getting this problem with EVERY .m2ts file I try now.

So I'm starting to think its one of my programs perhaps? I uninstalled and re-installed up to date versions of everything required to open Ripbot264. (even the newest Ripbot264 v.1.14.2) But still I am getting this error?

everything was going perfect until now. Now I can't get anything to demux. I took the .m2ts file, and used Tsmuxer, then a program called AutoMKV and was able to shrink it that way and it works fine, except it took nearly 24 hours.

I really want to continue using Ripbot264, so if anyone can help me out?? Thanks a million.

crackinhedz
28th June 2009, 17:55
I even tried this method mentioned earlier to try to fix:

1) Uninstall AviSynth , haali Media Splitter and ffdshow
2) reboot
3) Install Avisynth 2.5.8 , Haali media splitter and ffdshow 32 bit (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173941&package_id=199416&release_id=439904)
4) reboot

...no luck. :(

crackinhedz
28th June 2009, 20:05
ok guys, I think I may have fixed my own problem.

For ***** and giggles, I uninstalled Haali Media Splitter again, and re-installed it.

Now my .mt2s file opens again!!! yay. Strange it didn't work before?

also, a question about my method of encoding.

I like to output the file in .mkv format (why I don't know, I just do! :))

So I use "2 pass 8192 kbps" and keep everything else pretty much the same...1080p etc.

Is 2 pass optimal or is "CQ" better?

another question?

The audio is Dts-HD MA, so instead of "copy stream", if I select CBR 640kbps AC3, would this be the same as if I just wanted the "core" dts track?

...I sure am glad I figured this out. The other methods were just taking too freakin long!

Atak_Snajpera
28th June 2009, 20:32
if I select CBR 640kbps AC3, would this be the same as if I just wanted the "core" dts track?
In terms of quality - YES! AC3 640 kbps = DTS 1,5Mbps .

I see the list of x264 options there, but how would one specify Pass 1 vs. Pass 2 options?
extra option will be used i both passes.

Is 2 pass optimal or is "CQ" better?
I see that you don't care about size so use CQ @ 22. It will be faster because second pass is not required.

crackinhedz
28th June 2009, 22:21
I see that you don't care about size so use CQ @ 22. It will be faster because second pass is not required.
well, I would like to keep the files between 4-8GB.

I want the best quality possible but I know at that size I will have to sacrifice some quality. But in the end, the files look amazing. You have an excellent program! Thank you so much.

So I can still get a fast/quality 1080p encode using CQ @ 22? Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
28th June 2009, 22:44
You have an excellent program! Thank you so much.
This is just a graphic interface. Thank guys who made x264 encoder not me.

So I can still get a fast/quality 1080p encode using CQ @ 22?
Yep.

crackinhedz
28th June 2009, 23:43
This is just a graphic interface. Thank guys who made x264 encoder not me.
well you made an excellent graphic interface! http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/smilies/imported/thumbsup.gif

I rank it right up there with dvdshrink. An instant must have classic!

laserfan
28th June 2009, 23:57
extra option will be used i both passes.If you can add functionality to be able to specify separate Pass 1 and Pass 2 options, then I could use it (where now I just use its super-accurate bitrate calculation feature). :)

Atak_Snajpera
29th June 2009, 00:02
If you can add functionality to be able to specify separate Pass 1 and Pass 2 options
why????

laserfan
29th June 2009, 03:19
why????Why not? Or is this a trick question???

Atak_Snajpera
29th June 2009, 06:42
Why not?
Why yes?

laserfan
29th June 2009, 13:48
Why yes?In order to establish custom Profiles that assert different x264 options for Pass 1 vs. Pass 2 e.g. Dark Shikari's suggestions for "Very High Quality", "High Quality", etc. as he posted here on this board:

Here's a revised set of encoding options with first-pass parameters for each. Since "Very High" is using b-adapt 2, I used slower settings on the first pass so that people wouldn't complain about it only using 50% of their CPU... . It should also give a more accurate bit distribution, albeit the speed cost isn't worth it for any of the others.

Firstpass: --subme 7 --me hex --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --8x8dct --direct auto --weightb --threads auto
Very High Quality: --subme 9 --me umh --ref 4 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --mixed-refs --8x8dct --direct auto --trellis 1 --weightb --threads auto --psy-rd 1.0:0.2
Description: Everything and the kitchen sink, but no insane settings.

Firstpass: --subme 2 --me dia --bframes 3 --direct auto --weightb --threads auto --partitions none
High Quality: --subme 7 --me umh--ref 3 --bframes 3 --direct auto --8x8dct --weightb --trellis 1 --threads auto --psy-rd 1.0:0.2
Description: A good balance.

Firstpass: --subme 2 --me dia --bframes 3 --direct auto --weightb --threads auto --partitions none
Medium Quality: --subme 6 --me hex --ref 2 --bframes 3 --direct auto --8x8dct --weightb --threads auto
Description: A good balance, but toned down a bit.

Firstpass: --subme 0 --me dia --bframes 3 --direct auto --weightb --threads auto --partitions none
Low Quality: --subme 3 --me hex --bframes 3 --8x8dct --weightb --threads auto
Description: Much faster, but with a significant quality penalty.

Firstpass: None
Ultra-Low Quality: --subme 1 --me dia --partitions i8x8,i4x4 --bframes 3 --8x8dct --threads auto
Description: Even faster, but with a very large quality penalty.

Firstpass: None
Ultra-Fast: --subme 0 --no-cabac --partitions none --me dia --aq-mode 0
Description: Incredibly fast, but with an enormous quality penalty.

Atak_Snajpera
29th June 2009, 17:05
Wouldn't be simpler to just disable fast first pass?? Edit ini.

Cela
29th June 2009, 17:53
Try to replace old ffmpeg.exe with newer revision
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=205275&package_id=248632Used your link. Now, less clicks, but still clicks! See below.

I was wanting to see if it might be an amplified artifact from the original. Something like a smudge of static being inside the realm of the target htz that might have been seen by the encoder as important there in mapping out in full range.
I have seen this happen with some LP conversions using lame.
Thats all.

But yes do as atak said I am interested in your resulting outcome...

~DarCMust be a _smart_ extraction by AVIExtract. Demuxers which I am used to (i.e. VirtualDub, ProjectX) simply demux the contained streams without interfering with the stream's contents! And work much quicker!
The recording does have some very loud parts. But the original wav can be transcoded to ac3 by Aften via AftenGUI without producing any clicks at all, though. Couldn't AVIExtract do an equivalent demuxing job, just demux the original wav out of the avi-container? Why does it take minutes instead of seconds to do its job for a 2hrs recording?

I found an automatic way for quality control: Since I have the original wav, I can do a "difference" between "AVIExtract-produced wav with clicks" MINUS "original wav without clicks" showing where the clicks are.

Made some tests and screenshots with these wav files:

audio.1.wav ... demuxed by AVIExtract.cmd taking a few minutes from my post from June 27 with RipBot264v1.14.1, ffdshow[rev 2992] [2009-06-09], FFmpeg.exe from RipBot264v1.14.1 download

audio.2.wav ... new demux by AVIExtract.cmd with RipBot264v1.14.2, ffdshow [rev 3020] [2009-06-28], FFmpeg-svn-19159.exe from FFmpeg-svn-19159.7z found in Atak_Snajpera's link

Used the command:
> Edit > Mix Paste > Overlap (Mix) > Invert > From File>
audio.0.wav ... which is the original wav from original avi (demuxed by VirtualDub taking just a few seconds to demux)

The screenshots show the results and zoom-ins into some clicks:
a) AVIExtract produced far more clicks than I thought!
b) Fewer clicks with new ffdshow and ffmpeg versions!
One sort of clicks is not produced any more by the newer ffdshow and ffmpeg.exe
b) Other sort of clicks is still produced.

Screenshots and small sample (saved selection of original wav from 57:30.000 to 58:15.000 where many clicks got produced by AVIExtract) "Test_57_30_to_58_15.wav" uploaded to link (http://rapidshare.com/files/250002931/Twin-Tower_clicks_screenshots_and_sample_wav.rar) (7123 KB).

My pragmatic conclusion: it seems better to do demuxing with VirtualDub first and then separately input the original wav for audio.

Atak_Snajpera
29th June 2009, 21:30
There must be a bug in ffmpeg. audacity clearly detects many clippings in your wav
http://img44.imageshack.us/i/new1z.png/

Can you upload whole avi between 57:30 and 58:15? www.mediafire.com

8ternity
30th June 2009, 00:02
Hi Atak,

Did it's normal then with the version 1.14.2 export AVCHD had only the BDMV folder, and not the CERTIFICATE folder and BACKUP sub-folder? It's like the dvd standard, need to use 2 folders, also if the folder is empty?

Thanks,
Sorry for my english

Inbox7
30th June 2009, 03:57
I used Ripbot to flip my Blurays to MP4...worked great even on Windows 7...thanks!! Now that I have the MP4 HD files, any recommendations on the fastest method to convert those to iPhone format?

Atak_Snajpera
30th June 2009, 06:50
It's like the dvd standard, need to use 2 folders, also if the folder is empty?
In AVCHD structure those empty folders are not required.

any recommendations on the fastest method to convert those to iPhone format?
it does not exist. You will have to re-encode again.

evalf
30th June 2009, 13:56
Hi,

I've been using Ripbot264 to convert my videos for a few months, and I've found that by using the 200% audio normalize boost option the sound was loud enough for my every day commute in trains & buses. However I have found out that when traveling in planes, even with the 200% boost, the audio is not loud enough with the jet engine noise...

Is there any way I could boost the volume even more than 200%? I realise that boosting the audio so much would degrade its quality, but this is still better than not being able to understand what people say in movies... I looked at every option I could find, but I did not find any. Is there something I overlooked? If the option does not exist, is there a chance that this could be implemented in a future version?

Thanks in advance for your help!

30th June 2009, 14:35
Have you considered using headphones?

evalf
30th June 2009, 14:41
I forgot to mention that I am using in-ear Sony earbuds, which have always performed well and with sufficient volume. Actually when I'm in the plane and i play a game on the PSP I actually have to lower the volume, whereas the movies barely audible with the volume at the maximum.

Atak_Snajpera
30th June 2009, 17:04
Instead of destroying audio quality (anything above 100% = distorted sound) you should buy larger headphones which cover whole ears.

BlindBandit
30th June 2009, 17:10
Instead of destroying audio quality (anything above 100% = distorted sound) you should buy larger headphones which cover whole ears.

Using the X series earbuds & it sound freaking sweet when having normalize @100%, 200% sound even better because the X series S-Master amp push the audio to the max & sound clean always, also Atak Snajpera, can you add the Sony Walkman X series profile video screen into Ripbot264 thanks :D, also i already made a profile for the X series, just use 2-Pass@768k with my profile & 432x240 & be stun of the VQ that X series has.

Anime in OLED FTW

evalf
30th June 2009, 17:18
Hi Atak Snajpera, and thank you for your answer, it's very nice to have such excellent software, and on top of that to be able to get in touch with the developper in less than one day :)

Regarding the larger headphones solution, unfortunately it is not an option, as on top of the noise the other constraint that characterises the plane travel is not being able to pack much stuff (at least not on the low cost airlines). This is why I'm trying to find a software solution to my problem.

I tried to find if there was a way to increase the output from the PSP, but apparently unless i'm willing to open it and do some soldering (which i'm not) there's not solution that way.

So it looks to me that the only solution to my problem is to increase the volume boost during the video encoding. I am very much aware of the sound distorsion that occurs when performing this boost, but I guess that bad sound quality is better than inaudible sound. This is why I'm wondering if there's any way to boost the volume above 200% in Ripbot264. I was hoping that if it is actually not possible to go above this limit it was purely due to a design choice, and hopefully not due to a limitation of the underlying software, so that in a future version some sort of option (maybe with a warning about distortion) could be added to aleviate this problem.

Thanks again for the superb software!

laserfan
30th June 2009, 17:29
So it looks to me that the only solution to my problem is to increase the volume boost during the video encoding... any way to boost the volume above 200% in Ripbot264.As Atak has already said, this would likely result in severe distortion of the audio.

Encoding the audio in a special way for your PSP would be a huge PIA, though I suppose you could try for example encoding only the center channel--at least you'd have a better chance of hearing the dialog!

I have a gizmo called a Boostaroo which does a superb job of boosting audio from any audio device (mini-jack in, two mini-jacks out). Dunno if it's still made but was $20 bucks when I bought mine years ago. (Ok I looked and it appears to be still in production).

Best option of all IMO would be to get noise-cancelling earphones which AFAIK all have amps built-in also.

Atak_Snajpera
30th June 2009, 17:37
Using the X series earbuds & it sound freaking sweet when having normalize @100%, 200% sound even better because the X series S-Master amp push the audio to the max & sound clean always, also Atak Snajpera, can you add the Sony Walkman X series profile video screen into Ripbot264 thanks , also i already made a profile for the X series, just use 2-Pass@768k with my profile & 432x240 & be stun of the VQ that X series has.

Anime in OLED FTW
I still prefer my PSP with nice ghosting effect:). Higher resolution and larger screen this is what i like. This walkman is step backward even with OLED. Who invented this weird resolution - 432x240 (1.8:1?!?!). Where is main profile support? Why every player after ipod must support only base line profile??? According to this (http://www.sonystyle.com.hk/ss/product/walkman/nwz_x1060_e.jsp) AVC resolution is limited to 320x240! Nice toy that's all :(

BlindBandit
30th June 2009, 18:12
I still prefer my PSP with nice ghosting effect:). Higher resolution and larger screen this is what i like. This walkman is step backward even with OLED. Who invented this weird resolution - 432x240 (1.8:1?!?!). Where is main profile support? Why every player after ipod must support only base line profile??? According to this (http://www.sonystyle.com.hk/ss/product/walkman/nwz_x1060_e.jsp) AVC resolution is limited to 320x240! Nice toy that's all :(

Well AVC resolution is not limited to 320x240 because people said that it can do up to 480x272 but i go with the screen resolution which is 432x240 but damm you got to see the X series in action but turn the OLED screen to 5, that where the OLED rape iTouch & PSP in color & brightness & ZERO ghosting. also 432x240 look very sharp on the X series & even it's way smaller then the PSP & iTouch but the screen look better & can easy read subs with no problem.

Also to answer your question about base profile, the reason is that the X series cpu is 250mhz when the PSP is 333mhz & the iTouch is 500mhz since AVC aka H264 pretty much is a cpu hog so they had to go with base which use 768kb & up for AVC format which is better then mepg 4 but 768kb look very HD on the X series. also the X series screen is not 3:4 but 9:4 or close to 16:9 ratio, something like that which mean it's perfect for widescreen movies, movies or anime. i watch the same video clip on the PSP & X series & all i can say is that the X series make my Sony XBR6 HDTV 32in look like crap when it comes to color & brightness >_< & for PSP forget about it.

Atak_Snajpera
30th June 2009, 18:21
PSP has dedicated chip for AVC decoding. It can decode 25mbps 720x576 without any drops! I will wait next 5 years for PSP2 :)

BlindBandit
30th June 2009, 18:47
PSP has dedicated chip for AVC decoding. It can decode 25mbps 720x576 without any drops! I will wait next 5 years for PSP2 :)

Wow did't knew that & yeah, btw Ripbot264 really & i mean really showing the IQ in HD vidoes on the X series, i took my HD movie rip which was 1920x1080@12mbps & turn it into 432x240 & it look just WOW, the IQ look the same on the X series even at 768kb. also DB Kai look freaking crazy in OLED, if you planing to buy a HDTV, get LED or OLED, DO NOT GET LCD because LED & OLED show more colors & brightness you never saw on a video before, FF7 which was my HD movie rip look O_O.

Atak_Snajpera
30th June 2009, 19:19
Friend of mine bought couple weeks ago Samsung LED Series 7 (http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=ledtv&model_cd=UN46B7000WFXZA) and I only noticed better black color. The rest was very similar to his previous samsung (http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LN46A650A1FXZA)

nekrosoft13
30th June 2009, 21:55
Atak_Snajpera

I found an issue with 64bit x264 it creates files are are somehow different from 32bit x264 file.

i ran the same encoding one with 32bit x264 and second with 64bit x264.

both play fine in windows, but on XBMC is a different story.

64bit x264 encoded files don't playback fine on XBMC for windows. files that were encoded with 64bit x264 playback at 13.3fps for some reason.

please take a look here

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53710

BlindBandit
30th June 2009, 22:12
Friend of mine bought couple weeks ago Samsung LED Series 7 (http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=ledtv&model_cd=UN46B7000WFXZA) and I only noticed better black color. The rest was very similar to his previous samsung (http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LN46A650A1FXZA)

Hey man, i got a update from the X series :D, it can do 480x272@1.5mbps, not only video look sharper but damm i just tweak the ffshow where it say RGB conversion & put Full rang & not only that but damm black is really black now.

Cela
30th June 2009, 22:52
There must be a bug in ffmpeg. audacity clearly detects many clippings in your wav
http://img44.imageshack.us/i/new1z.png/

Can you upload whole avi between 57:30 and 58:15? www.mediafire.com
43.3 MB link (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1437f557e89cf0527432d3c9683f450ae04e75f6e8ebb871)
(Pwd in PM)

Thanks for helping.

8ternity
1st July 2009, 02:53
Hi Atak,

Version 1.14.2;

Subtitle preview is bugged with some caracters. Preview can't know witch language of subtitle it is.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/8ternity/Other/th_2009-06-30-snapshot01.jpg (http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/8ternity/Other/?action=view&current=2009-06-30-snapshot01.jpg)

Does the same with many movies.

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("D:\--= Complete =--\Thick.As.Thieves.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,544).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,88,0,88)

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Ripbot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\audio.1.ac3")
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
#DownMix
Import("C:\Program Files\Ripbot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\DownMixAudio.avs")
audio=DownMix2Stereo(audio)

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace
ConvertToRGB
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

Thanks for you time!

Stefen

AlbertX
1st July 2009, 03:43
hey Atak, awesome software, been using it for more than a year now.

However I have 2 questions/suggestions.

1. I have this MKV with aspect ratio of 1.33 I cant encode it ot avchd 1080p, The aspect ratio gets all weird and streched if I force the resolution, but if I dont then I dont see 1920x1080 but only 720x480, or 1920x1440.

And as far as I know that is not standar resolution for AVCHD so is there any way to encode this?

2. is there any way to be able to do 1 pass and stop or continue from there?

Here my city have major electrical issues and I have lost hour of works because of this.

I dont know much about this this is way I am asking, can for example say do 1 first pass only, and then second pass? or in any case the light or anything interrumps the second pass be able to run the second pass only instead of having to redo 1st and 2nd pass all over again?

Thanks in advance

Ajax_Undone
1st July 2009, 05:23
Where did you obtain this MKV???

Cela
1st July 2009, 10:18
...Regarding the larger headphones solution, unfortunately it is not an option, as on top of the noise the other constraint that characterises the plane travel is not being able to pack much stuff (at least not on the low cost airlines). This is why I'm trying to find a software solution to my problem.... Expensive, but made for airtravel... link (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/index.jsp)... Could be an option?

Atak_Snajpera
1st July 2009, 14:40
@Cela
I demuxed your avi with VirtuaDubMod (save wav) and here what I saw in Audacity
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/new1u.png/

Cela
1st July 2009, 16:11
True, there is some clipping in the original. It is the noisy ending of a loud scene. But 'Twin-Tower' clicks (example in attachment) I talk about are not in the original wav!
What do you hear in the original wav? You hear the clicks which you hear in AVIExtract's result? You see the Twin-Tower frequency pile-ups which characterises each of the clicks in spectral view?

I do not hear and see these clicks in the original. They get added by AVIExtract!
I will apply my pragmatic work-around: add the original wav instead of AVIExtract's wav and let Aften produce good ac3 (sounding just like the original wav) without 'value-added' clicks.

mkloharry
3rd July 2009, 09:31
Hey guys, Im extremely new here so go easy on me.

I absolutely love the Ripbot program. But now I seem to have a problem when trying to upload files to be Ripbot'd.

When I first started using this program a few days ago, I thought I was in absolute heaven. It did an excellent job in such a short amount of time. Every other program/method I found took forever. So I'm really hoping you guys can help me figure this one out.

So far I have been able to convert about four or five .m2ts files into the .MKV format. But, then I tried again and when I load the file into ripbot and it starts the 'demuxing selected stream' process, after 100% I get this error:

...I searched around on the net and everyone with this same problem did not receiver an answer so I'm asking here. (if already answered elsewhere, please kindly direct me to the answer!) I am getting this problem with EVERY .m2ts file I try now.

So I'm starting to think its one of my programs perhaps? I uninstalled and re-installed up to date versions of everything required to open Ripbot264. (even the newest Ripbot264 v.1.14.2) But still I am getting this error?

everything was going perfect until now. Now I can't get anything to demux. I took the .m2ts file, and used Tsmuxer, then a program called AutoMKV and was able to shrink it that way and it works fine, except it took nearly 24 hours.

I really want to continue using Ripbot264, so if anyone can help me out?? Thanks a million.

I am now getting the same error but only on one BluRay Battle of Britain which is mpeg2.

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv: An object or name was not found. (C:\tempRipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

I have used Ripbot for about 6 months no problems till now, this is my first post. I am using the latest ver of RipBot, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled as you did but did not work for me.

Can anybody please help? Thanks

Thanks to the author for all your time and work.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd July 2009, 20:30
show me this file C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video - Log.txt. DO NOT ATTACH FILE! Just paste as a code.

prettyboy85712
3rd July 2009, 21:09
I am now getting the same error but only on one BluRay Battle of Britain which is mpeg2.

I have used Ripbot for about 6 months no problems till now, this is my first post. I am using the latest ver of RipBot, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled as you did but did not work for me.

Can anybody please help? Thanks

Thanks to the author for all your time and work.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/prettyboy85712/capture.jpg

Make sure SRT is not selected on the following screen. I noticed Ripbot has been defaulting to this and it you fail to change it you'll get the same message, because no SRT file is present.

brogan
3rd July 2009, 22:14
Hello,

I just noticed that since upgrading to 1.14.2, when I try to preview my file in media player classic I get an error message. I get "Cannot Render File". Anyone else have this happen to them? It's new for me. I'm using Windows 7 RC1 x64, if that helps. Thanks!

dirk362
4th July 2009, 14:34
The following 3 parameters are "duplicated" in the job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd file just before the --output option

--partitions none --subme 3 --me dia

It doesn't appear to be causing any issues, but thought I'd report it.

Feature Request: Would it be possible please to add the Title command for mkv so that the file can be properly tagged? Ideally an entry on the GUI to enter text that is then used as --title "whatever is typed" to job1_MuxFiles.cmd file

mkloharry
4th July 2009, 16:47
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/prettyboy85712/capture.jpg

Make sure SRT is not selected on the following screen. I noticed Ripbot has been defaulting to this and it you fail to change it you'll get the same message, because no SRT file is present.
Thanks, that did it. SRT was selected by default. I selected the English forced subtitle and it works.

mkloharry
4th July 2009, 17:22
Can someone point me to what the QC setting do? From searching is it true that a lower number is higher quality? Also does the QC settings effect the size, I back up my BluRay Disc to hard drive MKV. Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2009, 18:08
CQ = Constant Quality
Lower value = Higher Quality and larger file size. In this mode file size CANNOT BE PREDICTED!
Default 22 value should give optimal results. If you are not happy with quality just lower value and try again.

Nkotok
4th July 2009, 21:45
I tried to do a movie and leave DTS-HD 7.1 as is for AVCHD but the result was the core only. I thought it was possible to keep DTS-HD as is. If it is, maybe I did something wrong?

Atak_Snajpera
4th July 2009, 22:11
ArcSoft DTS Decoder required! More help in \tools\ax\ArcSoft DTS Decoder\Readme.txt

Nkotok
4th July 2009, 22:56
ArcSoft DTS Decoder required! More help in \tools\ax\ArcSoft DTS Decoder\Readme.txt

I have Surcode DVD-DTS installed. Will that do the job? Well, I have it installed and it did not do anything. Do I need to link RipBot to it somehow? Thanks.

Ajax_Undone
4th July 2009, 23:05
ASAudioHD.ax
DtsDec.dll
dtsdecoderdll.dll
MagCore.dll
MagPCMac.dll
MagUIEngine.dll
MagUIInter.dll
You need these in your RipBot264\Tools\ax\ArcSoft DTS Decoder Folder so download and the file install it and copy the files. Very simple.

papaTRIX
6th July 2009, 04:02
@ atak; line 26 of RipBot264.ini (1.14.2)
reads: //RipBot264 will check if AviSynth, FFDshow and Haali Media Spliter are installed
now w/ JRE check: //RipBot264 will check if AviSynth, FFDshow, Haali Media Spliter and Java Runtime Environment are installed

i assume (w/ w7 build 7100 64bit ult) having installed the x64 JRE is why check screen is not seeing JRE?

xaero
6th July 2009, 17:28
hey im trying to encode for both psp and iphone.
as far as i know psp uses main 3.0 and iphone uses base 2.1
and psp uses CABAC, iphone doesnt. psp uses 3 ref frames and iphone uses 1.

is there a setting that is compatible for both devices?
like youtubes mp4 profile?

any help would be great..

modifiedbears
6th July 2009, 20:55
Has anyone had problems with mp4box crashing? I did 4 or 5 conversions without problems, but now mp4box crashes when it tries to create the mp4 file.

screenshot of how far it gets when i do it manually
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5286/captureo.png

error report info:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MP4Box.exe
Application Version: 0.4.5.0
Application Timestamp: 4940e6df
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7100.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49eea706
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00032e12
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

It was working great up until this started happening.

Atak_Snajpera
7th July 2009, 00:13
I have never had any crashes in mp4box on my pc.

8ternity
7th July 2009, 03:16
I Atak,

I have an problem with audio and video sync.

Original MKV are sync. I have installed right now 1.14.2 version, with ffdshow 3013 rev, CLSID generic and not ICL10 version. Here the avs detail and 1650ms audio relay to fit size time audio and video, but on preview are desync, samething after project done.

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("D:\--= Complete =--\bluray.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1920,816).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,132,0,132)

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Ripbot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3")
#DownMix
Import("C:\Program Files\Ripbot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\DownMixAudio.avs")
audio=DownMix2Stereo(audio)

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,1.65)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace
ConvertToRGB

I have also put Video Configuration to FFMPEG-MT at the place of libeac like preview but does the same.

Can you help me with that Please?
Thanks!

7th July 2009, 03:38
@8ternity

Where did you get the MKV file?

mmmmdonut
7th July 2009, 19:15
I've had mp4box crash from time to time on my XP box. When it happens I just modify the cmd file for muxing and point it to the release that was bundled with RB 11.5 ( not sure which version was bundled with 12 but the version bundled in RB 13 is same as in 14), rerun the cmd file and my file gets muxed back together with no issues.

BlindBandit
7th July 2009, 22:40
Do you have XP SP3 install?

7th July 2009, 22:43
Normally took at videos rental direct from bluray, but this one a friend bring me on hdd. That's not kosher for discussion here.

mmmmdonut
8th July 2009, 19:42
Do you have XP SP3 install?

Yes SP3 is installed.

mkloharry
10th July 2009, 14:31
ASAudioHD.ax
DtsDec.dll
dtsdecoderdll.dll
MagCore.dll
MagPCMac.dll
MagUIEngine.dll
MagUIInter.dll
You need these in your RipBot264\Tools\ax\ArcSoft DTS Decoder Folder so download and the file install it and copy the files. Very simple.

I also can't get HD audio to work. I copied as above instructions. Also removed and install AviSynth, FFDshow and Haali Media Spliter. I still have Arcsoft total theater 3 installed yet to watch BluRays, can that be the problem? Any setting I need to change, I just get the core track, no options to convert to flac. I also downloaded RipBot again to make sure I had the latest ver.

Thanks for any help!!

Atak_Snajpera
10th July 2009, 21:20
sorry but I forgot that this checkactivate.dll file is also required.

mkloharry
11th July 2009, 00:31

Thanks for you quick reply. Checkactivate.dll was not in the latest Theater 3. I patched it to 140. I installed Arcsoft theater 2 pulled the dll out. Works now have the flac option. I had to remove all Arcsoft files crap cleaner and install, Arcsoft ver 2 & 3 don't like each other, everything working again. Thanks for helping me getting Flac working.:D

harycover
11th July 2009, 09:20
Hello

It may be have been asked before - I did a search, I swear- I would like to know what's the easiest way to add a second audio track and subtitles (not burned in the video) from a ripped blu ray after ripbot has finished encoding

Thanks

Edit : Found solution for myself, sorry for bothering

wombat45
12th July 2009, 12:54
Hello,

I just noticed that since upgrading to 1.14.2, when I try to preview my file in media player classic I get an error message. I get "Cannot Render File". Anyone else have this happen to them? It's new for me. I'm using Windows 7 RC1 x64, if that helps. Thanks!

Hi there, first post so be gentle.

I am also running Win7 RC1 x64 and have exactly the same problem as Brogan.

I add the MKV to Ripbot and it displays Demuxing Audio...etc.

Then MPC pops up and says "cannot render file".

By this point the Ripbot screen has reset and everything has gone. (in the TEMP folder, the .dts file is still there but there is no video file??)

I have tried uninstalling all the relevant programs and re-installing them. I have also tried installing 1.14.1 instead as this is my first time using Ripbot. This also gives the same error.

Can someone please help? Let me know what information you need and I will post it here as soon as possible. In the mean time I am going to see if the program works on the Vista partition of my HDD.

Thanks in advance!

Ajax_Undone
12th July 2009, 15:40
Where did you obtain the MKV?

setarip_old
13th July 2009, 01:15
@wombat45

Hi!

What is the format of the videostream of the MKV that you created?

blinx23
13th July 2009, 22:21
Sorry if this has been covered, searched the thread for a while and came up empty- hopefully it's an easy one though. Can ripbot put the lossless flac track into an .mkv? I got all the .dll's and it seems to be working fine, but here's why I ask. The source vid is 7.1 / 24 bit - The resulting mkv (while looking and sounding fantasic) is reported in mediainfo as being 6 channel / 16 bit.

Just wondering what I'm missing if trying to have lossless flac in the .mkv, or is it just not possible (avchd profile only??) thanks

Atak_Snajpera
13th July 2009, 22:54
show me video - log.txt. (paste whole text as a code)

blinx23
13th July 2009, 23:17
Shoot, all I have left is the job1.log which doesn't say much. The file you're talking about is in the temp folder right? That got deleted when I exited the program. I guess I'll run it again tonight and get the log again (can I get it from just doing the "pre-encode"). BTW- its been the same story for 3 diff ones I've tried whether its dtsma or truehd. The flac has resulted in 6 channel 16 bit for all of them.

Atak_Snajpera
13th July 2009, 23:21
The file you're talking about is in the temp folder right?
(can I get it from just doing the "pre-encode"
yes. ...

blinx23
14th July 2009, 03:19
Well, the log's pretty clear. I guess even though I don't get any errors in the gui, it's not liking my tmt .dll's. But, it also seems to be doing the same thing w/ truehd. Any suggestions?

3: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
4: Subtitle (PGS), English
5: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
[a03] The ArcSoft and Sonic decoders don't seem to work, will use libav instead.
[a03] The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information. <WARNING>
Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a03] Extracting DTS core...
[a03] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a03] Remapping channels...
[a03] Reducing depth from 64 to 16 bits...
[a03] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a03] Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dtsma.flac"...
[a03] Clipping detected, a 2nd pass will be necessary. <WARNING>
[a03] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 64 bits.
[a03] The processed audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a03] The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information. <WARNING>
[a03] Starting 2nd pass...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Extracting DTS core...
[a03] Remapping channels...
[a03] Reducing depth from 64 to 16 bits...
[a03] Creating file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dtsma.flac"...

tormento
14th July 2009, 10:01
Latest great work from Neuron2 decodes almost every video flux we could need. Becoming a "registered" user I'd like to know: apart from manual editing the job1.avs, how shoud I address RipBot to use the NV suite?

Atak_Snajpera
14th July 2009, 16:44
@blinx23
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1304342#post1304342

checkactivate.dll must be also in Arcsoft DTS Decoder folder

dbone1026
14th July 2009, 21:01
Is there any chance that Ripbot will get the ability to handle multiple audio tracks? Basically, I want my mkvs to have the original DTS track (for playback in my home theater setup) and an AC3 track (for playback on devices that don't support HD audio or have DTS downmix). Currently I will create an 8GB mkv with Ripbot and retain the original audio. I will then use a program like PopcornMKV (I actually just wrote a post about here - http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/07/popcorn-mkv-audio-converter.html) to create an AC3 track to remux back into the mkv. It would be ideal if I could do this all with Ripbot. I know some people could say there are other tools to use. The only reason I bring it up is because I have using Ripbot down to a science with my movies. However, I couldn't say if adding multiple tracks to Ripbot would require too much to program in, but figured it can't hurt to ask :)

Ajax_Undone
14th July 2009, 22:32
Is there any chance that Ripbot will get the ability to handle multiple audio tracks? Basically, I want my mkvs to have the original DTS track (for playback in my home theater setup) and an AC3 track (for playback on devices that don't support HD audio or have DTS downmix). Currently I will create an 8GB mkv with Ripbot and retain the original audio. I will then use a program like PopcornMKV (I actually just wrote a post about here - http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/07/popcorn-mkv-audio-converter.html) to create an AC3 track to remux back into the mkv. It would be ideal if I could do this all with Ripbot. I know some people could say there are other tools to use. The only reason I bring it up is because I have using Ripbot down to a science with my movies. However, I couldn't say if adding multiple tracks to Ripbot would require too much to program in, but figured it can't hurt to ask :)

Nope not a chance :search:

dbone1026
14th July 2009, 22:42
Nope not a chance :search:

No prob, figured it couldn't hurt to ask one more time, just trying to simplify the process on my side.

blinx23
15th July 2009, 00:14
@blinx23
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1304342#post1304342

checkactivate.dll must be also in Arcsoft DTS Decoder folder

Cool, I'll give it a try, should this fix for truehd flac also? Thought the arcsoft stuff was only for dts-ma. thx

8ternity
15th July 2009, 03:03
Hi Atak,

Im getting always same trouble with ripbot264 1.14.2.
Audio is unsync. Audio is 6 sec difference. In ms, it about more than 6000ms to ajust the same time.
Did it's normal?

Here what u need.

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("D:\--= Complete =--\import\import.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,532).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,94,0,94)

#Colors

#Denoise

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
audio=NicDTSSource("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts")
#DownMix

#Delay
audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)

#Tempo

#Normalize

#AudioDub
AudioDub(video,audio)

#Triming

#AVSameLength
Trim(0,153582)

#ColorSpace

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/8ternity/Other/2009-07-14_export.jpg?t=1247623352

can you help me with that please?

Thanks for your time and support.
stef

butha
15th July 2009, 14:08
Hi Everybody,

I know this has been asked before but I have not seen any clear indication of what is causing it. Was using earlier version of Ripbot on a vista machine, no problem. (had some codecs installed over time...). Then new clean install of Win7 RC1, Server 2003, Xp Home, XP Pro (SP3) no codec packs, but it just fails after demux. It says " directshowsource...."due to a certification failure"...C:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2. Have tried any combination of uninstall/reinstall of the required software (FDDSHOW, Hali, AVi, Java etc.. - "tried full, custom/normal etc also tried playing around with the fdd audio/video decode config. Any assistance would be great. I can post the txt files if required.

The source is a rip of the old movie Twister - Tried DTS Master, AC3 and "no audio" as well. Same result.

I'll paste the logs & .avs files...
Here the getinfo.avs:

DirectShowSource("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

Job1.avs: (spaces removed)

#MT
#VideoSource
video=DirectShowSource("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
#Deinterlace
#Decimate
#Crop
#Resize
#Colors
#Denoise
#Subtitles
#AudioSource
#DownMix
#Delay
#Tempo
#Normalize
#AudioDub
#Triming
#AVSameLength
#ColorSpace

video log:
eac3to v3.16
command line: "C:\software\butha\RipBot264v1[1].14.2\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\software\butha\Twister dts.m2ts" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames -progressnumbers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1:53:02, 24p /1.001
1: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: DTS Master Audio, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 1 contains 162601 frames.
eac3to processing took 13 minutes, 30 seconds.
Done.

15th July 2009, 14:24
@butha

Where did you get the source MKV file?

butha
15th July 2009, 14:49
Created from my own source disk.. using dvdfab HD.. the same used to rip my other Blu-Ray discs..

15th July 2009, 14:52
Why are you encoding from the MKV rather than the source?

butha
15th July 2009, 14:57
I prefer to work with the files on hdd rather than stress my original discs. Also take out the menus, additoinal sound tracks etc. I want to end up with the smallest high quality file for my media centre (the 720P files are all around 4GB and the 1080P ones 8GB). I watch them on projector, but am not phased by multiroom sound, stereo only, which often means I us the AC3 track (smallest size) I am quite new at this still though and would appreciate assistance. My main issue is that the error message says "due to certification failure" which seems easy? Playing my ripped (30GB) file of the demuxed one manually with MPC HC works fine, so no idea why this new version has this issue?

butha
15th July 2009, 15:10
I have also googled that "certification failure" and can't seem to find it. It must either be codec related or version related (ripbot or one of the plugins) before it worked 100% I never had an issue - what is different is that before when ripbot demuxed I saw fddshow icons in the system tray, which I don't anymore..maybe somewhere it needs to be registered/re registered?

Nkotok
15th July 2009, 15:44

Is it required only for flac or in general to keep DTS-HD?

There is no checkactivate.dll file in Theater 3's folders.

Atak_Snajpera
15th July 2009, 15:45
@butha
Maybe try this:
1) copy \Tools\AviSynth plugins\DirectShowSource\DirectShowSource.dll to C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins
2) restart pc and try again

butha
15th July 2009, 15:51
@Atak_snajpera

Thanks will try and post back just now.

butha
15th July 2009, 16:18
@Atak_Snajpera

Nope no luck.. Did not work... I have the current screen (and temp folder files) open so can paste anything that might help. I watched it demux at 100% and in the tray icon I saw the Hali Splitter (white icon) flash while "gathering information" was displayed, and the moment MPC opens up the error is there. What does the "due to a certification failure" error mean? Any help would be apprecaited. The program is brilliant! (Just hope I can get it going again)

Atak_Snajpera
15th July 2009, 16:29
My last advice
1) uninstall AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter and ffdshow
2) restart pc
3) install again AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter and ffdshow
4) restart pc
5) install Windows Media Player 11

butha
15th July 2009, 16:34
I have done the steps 1 - 4 -(from previous thread)

When installing the AviSynt, Haali & FDD, just install with defaults? Or should I select spesific check boxes and config after install?

MP11? - Have not heard that one before? Why would that help?

Will try anyway and let you know ..

Thanks so far!

Atak_Snajpera
15th July 2009, 16:37
MP11? - Have not heard that one before? Why would that help?
because it contains VC-1 decoder. Vista has WMP 11 installed by default but older systems do not have it!

When installing the AviSynt, Haali & FDD, just install with defaults? Or should I select spesific check boxes and config after install?
Ripbot264 always sets optimal codecs automatically in ffdshow

butha
15th July 2009, 16:39
Ah! Thank you for that! That might actually do the trick! The previous system that worked was Vista Ultimate, but I had a number of codecs and for sure WMP11 installed on there. Also had Pdvd new for Blu-Ray etc.. so the issue started with the new clean installed servers/pc's... will install and reboot and let you know! (just have to give the demux another 15 minutes or so to complete...)

butha
15th July 2009, 17:07
Worked! Thanks the WMp11 sorted out the problem. I will post to the other user who had the same issue.

ayfa
15th July 2009, 20:47
Any idea, why i can't get this file converted to neither mkv nor mp4?
File is shot by a Samsung camcorder. When I try to convert it, only audio is played back. Instead of video, I get a gray screen.
While encoding, ripbot shows ~6kb/s at the bottom, no matter what kind of encoding I choose (cq,2-pass,mp4,mkv...)
H:\VIDEO\100VIDEO\HDV_0152.MP4
General
Complete name : H:\VIDEO\100VIDEO\HDV_0152.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : JVT
Codec ID : avc1
File size : 23.1 MiB
Duration : 15s 300ms
Overall bit rate : 12.7 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2009-04-19 16:23:56
Tagged date : UTC 2009-04-19 16:23:56
AMBA : d
Video #1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Duration : 15s 300ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Width : 1280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 50.000 fps
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.000
Stream size : 22.8 MiB (99%)
Title : Samsung AVC
Audio #2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings, SBR : No
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 15s 232ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 238 KiB (1%)
Title : Samsung AAC

Here is my logE:\>"D:\Users\Nuh\Desktop\RipBot264v1.14.2\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" |

E:\>"D:\Users\Nuh\Desktop\RipBot264v1.14.2\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --crf 20 --sar 1:1 --level 3.0 --vbv-bufsize 1000 --vbv-maxrate 10000 --no-cabac --filter 0,0 --ref 1 --b-adapt 0 --direct auto --subme 7 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4, --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "E:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 320x240 @ 50.00 fps (765 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.1 Cache64

x264 [info]: profile Baseline, level 3.0

x264 [info]: slice I:4 Avg QP:16.30 size: 274

x264 [info]: slice P:761 Avg QP:20.83 size: 12

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 99.3% 0.0% 0.7%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:100.0%

x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra:0.2% 0.0% 0.0% inter:0.0% 0.0% 0.0%

x264 [info]: kb/s:5.4

encoded 765 frames, 155.27 fps, 5.74 kb/s

E:\>"D:\Users\Nuh\Desktop\RipBot264v1.14.2\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "E:\temp\RipBot264temp" -ipod -add "E:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -fps 50 -new "D:\Users\Nuh\Desktop\HDV_0152.mp4"

AVC-H264 import - frame size 320 x 240 at 50.000 FPS

Atak_Snajpera
15th July 2009, 21:02
Send me sample (50mb) to www.mediafire.com. Use DGSplit.

8ternity
16th July 2009, 01:24
Hi atak,

I dont know what to do right know with the case i wrote yesturday. Could you help me please?

blinx23
16th July 2009, 04:47
Is it required only for flac or in general to keep DTS-HD?

There is no checkactivate.dll file in Theater 3's folders.

2 same things I'm wondering..

edit: just got the logs for a truehd one.. seems to be doing the same down-conversion (24 to 16 bit) as with dts-ma

[a03] Extracting TrueHD stream...
[a03] Removing TrueHD dialog normalization...
[a03] Reducing depth from 24 to 16 bits...
[a03] Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.thd.flac"...
[a03] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 24 bits.

ayfa
16th July 2009, 09:51
Send me sample (50mb) to www.mediafire.com. Use DGSplit.

Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=97bd4e5366872c3341446e35a78dc463ae07ff12df92d19c5621d66e282a0ee8

Thank you in advance!

Atak_Snajpera
16th July 2009, 10:37
@ayfa
I checked your file and I have no problems.
1) Uninstall AviSynth , Haali Media Splitter , ffdshow
2) reboot
3) Install Again AviSynth , Haali Media Splitter , ffdshow
This should solve your problem

edit: just got the logs for a truehd one.. seems to be doing the same down-conversion (24 to 16 bit) as with dts-ma

There are few reasons why TrueHD and DTS-MA are always converted to 16bit:
1) Compression is higher with 16bit (smaller sizes)
2) Alot of Blu-Ray movies have fake 24bit. 16bit + empty 8bit
3) There is no way you can hear difference on consumer equipment. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_bit_depth)

for me 24bit is nothing but placebo.

@8ternity
send me sample

Nkotok
16th July 2009, 15:51
can somebody upload checkactivation.dll file somewhere. It is nowhere to be found.

ayfa
16th July 2009, 15:54
You are absolutely right. Deinstalled, rebooted and reinstalled those, and now it works. Thanks.

8ternity
16th July 2009, 16:39
@8ternity
send me sample

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eztfzglmwxz

Thanks.

Atak_Snajpera
16th July 2009, 19:02
I converted your sample and I got perfect synchronization. No need to touch audio delay option.

mkloharry
17th July 2009, 00:19
can somebody upload checkactivation.dll file somewhere. It is nowhere to be found.

check you PM

8ternity
17th July 2009, 00:47
I converted your sample and I got perfect synchronization. No need to touch audio delay option.

OKay. The sample was maid by mkvtoolnix GUI. Now i have done everthing i can.

- Uninstall everything
- Update directx10 latest...
- install latest ffdshow, avisynth 2.5.8, matroska

The audio is unsync and 6 sec difference in AVCHD 2pass, 720p.

Did it could be the DTS track could unsync?

I Will try to format and reinstalling everything soon because, samething with older version.

8ternity
17th July 2009, 05:27
@Atak;

Just reformat hard drive, re-install windows, drivers, softwares, documents and etc.

Installed Avisynth 2.5.8, ffdshow CLSID 3029 rev non ICL10, mastroka splitter and ripbot 1.14.2. Samething.

If i check the original file, everything is sync. When import to ripbot, set to AVCHD, 2-pass, DTS audio is 6 senconds under video timesize. On preview, unsync on preview. Set to ffmepg-mt in ffdshow video configuration, still the same.

Now im stuck... can't convert it. If convert and set 6250ms of delay, final video is unsync. If i let it xx.copy audio, and let 6 seconds difference, same results.

more than ffdshow 2790 rev i have trouble with same case with a couple of video imported and try to arranged.

I have Windows Vista Home premium x86 version, with sp2 installed and all windows updates installed.

what can i do?... lol

tormento
17th July 2009, 09:07
@Neuron2: could you please give me a hand trying to get ripbot to use your nv suite automatically?

17th July 2009, 13:46
@Neuron2: could you please give me a hand trying to get ripbot to use your nv suite automatically? Sorry, but I don't use RipBot. What problem are you having? Won't Atak_Snajpera support you?

blinx23
17th July 2009, 14:01
@ayfa
There are few reasons why TrueHD and DTS-MA are always converted to 16bit:
1) Compression is higher with 16bit (smaller sizes)
2) Alot of Blu-Ray movies have fake 24bit. 16bit + empty 8bit
3) There is no way you can hear difference on consumer equipment. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_bit_depth)

for me 24bit is nothing but placebo.

Understood, I just took FLAC to mean what it is- full / lossless (no conversion)
The reason I'm inquiring about this is I'm about to build a htpc with a radeon 4550 (7.1 hdmi out) and I plan to do flac and lpcm to my onkyo 606. If you're saying the flac option in ripbot is still extremely close to the dts-ma or truehd, i.e. no channels lost, only 24/16 bit conversion, I can live with that.

tormento
17th July 2009, 15:12
What problem are you having?
Can't find a way to make RipBot use your suite automatically or semiauto.
Won't Atak_Snajpera support you?
A previous post was made, no reply was found :mad:

topsham
18th July 2009, 23:47
I have searched the thread but have been unable to find an answer for this. In previous versions there was an option to cut or stretch audio to fit the video but it doesn't seem to be available now. Is there any way to do this with the current version?

pOpY
19th July 2009, 17:26
Hello. I am using latest ripbot264 1.14.2 + ffdshow_rev3024_20090703_clsid_x64.exe + Windows 7 RC x64.

Ripbot doesnt find ffdshow, but i could watch movies with mplayer classic.

Which build of ffdshow should ill use that it will be regonized correctly in ripbot?

Thanks
cu

Atak_Snajpera
19th July 2009, 17:42
32 bit

pOpY
19th July 2009, 19:28
Thank you. Now RipBot starts and find all the tools. After selecting a MKV input file and demuxing of audio mplayer classic opens and says "cannot render the file" i have tried to install wmp11 as you sayed it in your previous posts but the error is still here :-(

what can i do?

thank you

Atak_Snajpera
19th July 2009, 19:32
Have you read first post?

pOpY
19th July 2009, 20:18
Thank you for time.

Now it works. I have reinstalled:

AviSynth
Haali Media Spliter
ffdshow

Never had such problems.

cu
pOpY

happycase
21st July 2009, 03:08
Does this program's default instalation package interact in a negative manner with the default instalation package of BD RB? It isn't going to break DVD RB or BD RB for me, is it?

prettyboy85712
21st July 2009, 05:05
Does this program's default instalation package interact in a negative manner with the default instalation package of BD RB? It isn't going to break DVD RB or BD RB for me, is it?

Will not effect either.

Calimero1609
21st July 2009, 18:59
Can somebody optimize the Profile

"[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles.txt"

for x264 modified rev. 1184 (jeeb's) ??

DarkZell666
22nd July 2009, 13:44
Can somebody optimize the Profile

"[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles.txt"

for x264 modified rev. 1184 (jeeb's) ??

Welcome to doom9 :)

Jeeb's build is the same as others except for the compilation tools, and r1184 brings the AutoVAQ feature. What do you mean by optimize ? :confused:

Actually, jeeb's r1184 32-bit build of x264 is broken, try using another r1184 build from this thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=130364).

Calimero1609
22nd July 2009, 19:03
Welcome to doom9 :)

Jeeb's build is the same as others except for the compilation tools, and r1184 brings the AutoVAQ feature. What do you mean by optimize ? :confused:

Actually, jeeb's r1184 32-bit build of x264 is broken, try using another r1184 build from this thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=130364).

The profile "[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles.txt" doesn´t work on x264 >r1173.

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

What is the right and best setting for x264 >r1173 ???

DarkZell666
22nd July 2009, 19:20
The profile "[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles.txt" doesn´t work on x264 >r1173.

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

What is the right and best setting for x264 >r1173 ???

Try removing the --mixed-refs, --weightb, --8x8dct, --no-psnr, --no-ssim and --progress options, those were removed by the x264 devs recently (http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=x264.git;a=commit;h=af2a4ecd7bcefc97c8aa83913c9a2980206f9cd0) since they are "enabled" by default, and have been replaced by their opposites (http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=x264.git;a=blobdiff;f=x264.c;h=e79f9acc2b3486adbc8b958b1df4f6044616215a;hp=9aafc357930dc3821cc45eec0480f2f6324e15ed;hb=af2a4ecd7bcefc97c8aa83913c9a2980206f9cd0;hpb=72534d466a6bd99b9cbf32c74e667bea608c6dee)).

Calimero1609
22nd July 2009, 22:09
Try removing the --mixed-refs, --weightb, --8x8dct, --no-psnr, --no-ssim and --progress options, those were removed by the x264 devs recently (http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=x264.git;a=commit;h=af2a4ecd7bcefc97c8aa83913c9a2980206f9cd0) since they are "enabled" by default, and have been replaced by their opposites (http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=x264.git;a=blobdiff;f=x264.c;h=e79f9acc2b3486adbc8b958b1df4f6044616215a;hp=9aafc357930dc3821cc45eec0480f2f6324e15ed;hb=af2a4ecd7bcefc97c8aa83913c9a2980206f9cd0;hpb=72534d466a6bd99b9cbf32c74e667bea608c6dee)).

Its ok ?

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --threads auto --thread-input

Any options to optimise quality in the profile ?

wakebrder
22nd July 2009, 23:12
Atak-

Feeling a little stupid here, so feel free to correct me.:confused:

If I'm choosing high res audio, (PCM, DTS-MA, or True HD) and check the FLAC box, Ripbot264 will:

1.) Convert the HR audio (not just the core) to Flac.

2.) Convert flac to Aften AC3 so it will be compatible with Dolby Digital receivers.

Will this converted 640 kps AC3 stream still contain all of the high res audio stream and not just the core?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2009, 00:05
1) i'm not that stupid to convert core to flac :) only hd part is encoded to flac. that's why flac option for dts-ma is only available if arcsoft dts decoder is installed.

wakebrder
23rd July 2009, 01:07
1) i'm not that stupid to convert core to flac :) only hd part is encoded to flac. that's why flac option for dts-ma is only available if arcsoft dts decoder is installed.

So the resulting Aften AC3 is the combination of the AC3 / DTS core + the "HD part" of the original True HD/DTS-MA?:confused:

Can you explain to me exactly what Ripbot does with the HD Audio when checking the flac box?

Atak_Snajpera
23rd July 2009, 07:04
Can you explain to me exactly what Ripbot does with the HD Audio when checking the flac box?

Read again previous post.

mackworth
23rd July 2009, 20:46
So does anyone know what version of TMT I need to buy to decode DTSHD? Does only 2 work? Can you even buy that anymore?

DarkZell666
23rd July 2009, 23:43
Its ok ?

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --threads auto --thread-input

Any options to optimise quality in the profile ?

The short answer is "no", it's ok, go ahead :)

Chudz
26th July 2009, 02:33
http://img2.pict.com/31/43/1d/1325847/0/capture.gif

I am getting this error when trying to open files in RipBot264, it does the demuxing audio streams then that pops up :( Anyone know what the problem is, im using Windows 7 x64 and have K-Lite Mega pack installed version 5

B2K24
26th July 2009, 09:15
I am getting this error when trying to open files in RipBot264, it does the demuxing audio streams then that pops up :( Anyone know what the problem is, im using Windows 7 x64 and have K-Lite Mega pack installed version 5

Don't expect Atak to respond to such stupidity but i will be nice and help. Uninstall the K-lite pack, clean system then reboot.
Reinstall AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter , ffdshow then reboot
Ripbot will have 0 problems.

THANK YOU Atak for new version update :)

Chudz
26th July 2009, 13:52
Don't expect Atak to respond to such stupidity but i will be nice and help. Uninstall the K-lite pack, clean system then reboot.
Reinstall AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter , ffdshow then reboot
Ripbot will have 0 problems.

THANK YOU Atak for new version update :)

I did exactly that and still not working for me, it must be a problem with Windows 7. I uninstalled K-lite, AviSynth then I used CCleaner to get rid of any crap then I rebooted. Installed latest version of AviSynth, Haali media Spilter and ffdshow then reboot and test and still same error.

This is also a fresh install of Windows 7 build 7600 x64

buzzqw
26th July 2009, 15:08
have you checked this -> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146910

BHH

Atak_Snajpera
26th July 2009, 20:34
I am getting this error when trying to open files in RipBot264, it does the demuxing audio streams then that pops up Anyone know what the problem is, im using Windows 7 x64 and have K-Lite Mega pack installed version 5
I'm almost sure that you must have some ancient DirecshowSource.dll in AviSynth/Plugins directory or ancient AviSynth! Uninstall AviSynth and make sure you install latest version 2.58.

BTW I tested RipBot264 on Windows 7 7600 x64 and I had no problems at all! VC-1 , Mpeg2, AVC ...

colinhunt
26th July 2009, 23:03
Atak,

I've recently re-discovered your fantastic app and have used it successfully on several HD DVDs. However, on some discs RipBot is unable to list the correct playlist item. After clicking 'Add', I point the app to the largest .EVO in the HVDVD_TS directory. Once RipBot is done with analyzing the content, it lists maybe 1-3 items in the PLAYLIST pulldown, and none of them is the main movie one. Is this something you've bumped into? Would you happen to know how to solve this issue?

Also, RipBot has been so useful that I'd like to make a donation. Do you have a PayPal account?

Atak_Snajpera
26th July 2009, 23:11
it lists maybe 1-3 items in the PLAYLIST pulldown, and none of them is the main movie one.
Show me hddvd_title_info.txt

colinhunt
26th July 2009, 23:25
Show me hddvd_title_info.txt
Umm... where do I find that?

8ternity
27th July 2009, 02:28
Hi Atak,

What is the version of windows and version of your framework installed in your windows.

Im having trouble with Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 with trouble installing Microsoft Net FrameWokrd 3.5 SP1 with windows updated.

Nero 9.0 having trouble to installed too. Required microsoft net framework. I will install Windows Home Premium SP1 and check out the trouble.

Thanks.
Stefen

whiskey
27th July 2009, 15:03
Hello !

Recently I've upgraded to latest version and have some problems with converting wmv to mp4. Eveyrtime I get this message

DirectShowSource: I can't determine the frame rate
of this video, you must use "fps" parameter.
(X:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 1)

I'm running Windows 7 RC1 x64 with all available updates, on my older machine with xp everything works fine, somebody could tell me what am I missing here ?

PS
There is no codec packs in the system besides, those ripbot was asking

humblehyper
28th July 2009, 03:16
I have a problem, I selected 8125 as the video bitrate and after the encoding is done it gives me a lower bitrate like less than 300 kbps video so the end quality of the video is really poor. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm trying to convert my Transformers Blu-ray to MKV. I tried it a couple of times with different values like 7000 kbps, 10000 kbps and still the same result (poor quality and low bitrate) Thanks.

As if the program doesn't want to accept the bitrate selected before encoding. I even tried locking the file output to like 8GB and still doesn't do it. I'm confused :(

Blackwalker
28th July 2009, 05:48
hi, i have been away for about 1 month for work.
I have some questions, if someone is so nice to give me an answer :)

1 - Is RipBot now support TRUE-HD audio tracks??
2 - i see now that Tsmuxer now support TRUE-HD audio tracks, its true? i try it but when i try to play the m2ts file with windows media player
classic, it wont play the audio track...why? (with the original m2ts file on the movie the sounds play fine!!)
3 - i also give a try at the Clown_BD Gui (that'd support TRUE-HD audio tracks), same problem playing the m2ts file with windows media player
classic...

someone can give me some suggestions? thx a lot

whiskey
28th July 2009, 16:36
Hello !

Recently I've upgraded to latest version and have some problems with converting wmv to mp4. Eveyrtime I get this message

DirectShowSource: I can't determine the frame rate
of this video, you must use "fps" parameter.
(X:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 1)

I'm running Windows 7 RC1 x64 with all available updates, on my older machine with xp everything works fine, somebody could tell me what am I missing here ?

PS
There is no codec packs in the system besides, those ripbot was asking

Reinstalled Avisynth, media splitter and ffdshow, now it hangs itself on every file while showing message "gathering information" weird :(

I've checked on my Xp machine machine and must say the latest update went complete ***** on me, this is what happens after choosing a file
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1296/clipd.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/clipd.jpg/)

mmmmdonut
29th July 2009, 19:26
Umm... where do I find that?

Check the temp directory/jobx.

Also there are a couple titles that RB dont work with on hd dvd as they call an introductory track outside the normal pevob or feature evo files. Couple titles I know off hand are frightners (has an intro by Peter Jackson) and Galixina (this title is poorly authored even evodemux dont even like it).

colinhunt
29th July 2009, 23:50
Check the temp directory/jobx.
Yup, found it, thanks.

The problem is that HD-DVD_title_info.txt is apparently created only after I've chosen which playlist item I want to encode. Since RipBot only shows me two items and neither is the one I want, HD-DVD_title_info.txt seems to be quite useless in debugging this issue. Same thing with HD-DVD_structure_info.txt: it lists only the same two items and none of the other ones.

The disc in question has 16 .EVO files and 16 .MAP files in the HVDVD_TS directory, along with one HVA00001.VTI file. While RipBot should show 16 (?) items in the playlist, it shows only two; both are very short video clips. The actual movie is "Feature.EVO".

Hyrax
30th July 2009, 06:17
Yup, found it, thanks.

The problem is that HD-DVD_title_info.txt is apparently created...
Try using HDBrStreamExtractor (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=141829)and see if it makes life any easier for you. It is a simple GUI interface to eac3to that is often useful for simple extractions without recoding.

m0nkie
30th July 2009, 07:57
Atak_Snajpera

Just wanted to say:
Thank you for the great mediainfo gui which is bundled with ripbot264. it is much better than the default one.

Pensive
30th July 2009, 12:59
Thank you so much for your efforts, I am finding it very useful indeed.

I have a dream function which I think would be hugely useful to many people and really easy to implement for you:

The option to losslessly encapsulate the video stream into an MKV file (which it already does, behind the scenes!) the same way you can do with the audio stream, and transcode the audio format to AC3 if it is a DTS soundtrack (which it already does).

At the moment I start a transcode going then drag the .MKV and .AAC or DTS files from the temp folder before its finished, then try and manually mux them but I'm missing something as they tend to go out of sync.

I have a Samsung Media 2.0 telly which supports everything except DTS soundtracks....so this little addition would make RipBot the ONLY piece of software anyone would need...... =D Certainly me...

Thanks again, for a really great piece of software. IT makes EasyDivX (from yesteryear), Gordian Knot etc. look really clunky!:thanks::thanks::thanks:

dbone1026
30th July 2009, 13:24

I have a dream function which I think would be hugely useful to many people and really easy to implement for you:

The option to losslessly encapsulate the video stream into an MKV file (which it already does, behind the scenes!) the same way you can do with the audio stream, and transcode the audio format to AC3 if it is a DTS soundtrack (which it already does).

At the moment I start a transcode going then drag the .MKV and .AAC or DTS files from the temp folder before its finished, then try and manually mux them but I'm missing something as they tend to go out of sync.

I have a Samsung Media 2.0 telly which supports everything except DTS soundtracks....so this little addition would make RipBot the ONLY piece of software anyone would need...... =D Certainly me...

Thanks again, for a really great piece of software. IT makes EasyDivX (from yesteryear), Gordian Knot etc. look really clunky!:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Try using MakeMKV or a combo of tsMuxer/MKVMerge to do this. You can also use Clown_BD which will demux all the audio/video files, and then use MKVMerge to bring the ones you want back into an MKV.

Blackwalker
30th July 2009, 15:25
i'll answer by myself, looks like RipBot264 development is death or maybe the author is out for holidays (i hope)?

ho well, so i try yesterday Clown_BD Gui and looks really great and work perfectly also with true-hd track (work also with HD-Dvd)!!!!
the only things that dont do is the "resize" thats an important aspect of RipBot264!

hope to see the author soon online!
bye all

hoju3508
30th July 2009, 20:02
Normally, I would lock the size to 8 Gig then this will show you your video bitrate.

I have a problem, I selected 8125 as the video bitrate and after the encoding is done it gives me a lower bitrate like less than 300 kbps video so the end quality of the video is really poor. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm trying to convert my Transformers Blu-ray to MKV. I tried it a couple of times with different values like 7000 kbps, 10000 kbps and still the same result (poor quality and low bitrate) Thanks.

As if the program doesn't want to accept the bitrate selected before encoding. I even tried locking the file output to like 8GB and still doesn't do it. I'm confused :(

colinhunt
31st July 2009, 13:33
Try using HDBrStreamExtractor (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=141829)and see if it makes life any easier for you. It is a simple GUI interface to eac3to that is often useful for simple extractions without recoding.
Thank you! It worked like a charm on the first problematic HD DVD; RipBot is now encoding the movie.

raisinberry777
1st August 2009, 00:18
Just started using RipBot264 instead of MeGUI when I realised I didn't need the advanced functionality - great program!

colinhunt
1st August 2009, 12:09
So, uh... if I want to use 64-bit MPC-HC with 64-bit ffdshow, I can't use RipBot. Did I understand that correctly?

mackworth
1st August 2009, 20:40
So, uh... if I want to use 64-bit MPC-HC with 64-bit ffdshow, I can't use RipBot. Did I understand that correctly?

You can have 64 bit ffdshow and 32 bit ffdshow installed at the same time, just install them in different folders.

prettyboy85712
2nd August 2009, 00:16
Thanks for the update Atak.

Discoboy
2nd August 2009, 15:53
Thanks from me also for your latest update.. :thanks:

colinhunt
2nd August 2009, 20:38
You can have 64 bit ffdshow and 32 bit ffdshow installed at the same time, just install them in different folders.
Fantastic; thanks for the info!

Ajax_Undone
2nd August 2009, 22:27
OK the installer has been updated you can access the download from my signature...

hkitpro
3rd August 2009, 03:20
Dear Atak_Snajpera:

I have two questions about RipBot264 v1.14.3.

Question 1: The 2 latest version of Ripbot264 can not display Chinese(either traditional or simplified Chinese) file names appropriately. however, the older versions didn't have the same issue. I wish the next version will fix this problem. Thanks a lot. (Please check attachment 1a & 1b)

1a: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/396/27340519.jpg
1b: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9476/94412829.jpg

Question 2: The two .ts files in the following two captures are exactly the same but with different file names. The first one has 6 audio channels but the second one has only 2 channels. (Please check attachment 2a & 2b)

2a: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5027/97846112.jpg
2b: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1787/95709429.jpg

Thanks!

Ajax_Undone
3rd August 2009, 03:34
Use http://imageshack.us/ to post images it takes to long otherwise..

hkitpro
3rd August 2009, 05:18
** Already updated the captures, please check again **

RainyDog
3rd August 2009, 08:08
Reinstalled Avisynth, media splitter and ffdshow, now it hangs itself on every file while showing message "gathering information" weird :(

I've checked on my Xp machine machine and must say the latest update went complete ***** on me, this is what happens after choosing a file
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1296/clipd.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/clipd.jpg/)

Whiskey, I'm getting exactly the same problem on my Vista64 set-up. When trying to add a .264 file the new version just hangs. There seems to be plenty of HD activity as if it's actually crunching the information, but doesn't display 'Gathering Informations...' at the bottom nor does it eventually open the file (I've left it for 20 mins trying). No codecs installed except ffdshow. Funnily enough, it will open .m2v files...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ffdshow, Haali and Avisynth, plus upgraded to the latest SVN 3036 ffdhow tryout but nothing there either. I even cleaned out my Ripbot cutom profiles and overwrote my .ini for a complete clean slate, but still no dice. Went back v1.14.2 and everything worked fine again...

Anything else I could try? Cheers in advance to anybody for any pointers.

goldirin
3rd August 2009, 09:01
Thanks, for the program, it's great one!

colinhunt
3rd August 2009, 16:49
This is kinda off-topic; my apologies.

I'm about to build a new PC (Core i7 with 6GB of RAM) exclusively for RipBot and BD-RB usage, and was wondering whether Windows XP 32-bit is still the safest and most reliable choice. I was toying with the idea of installing Windows 7 64-bit, but won't install it if you guys tell me RipBot won't work on it properly. So how about it?

dbone1026
3rd August 2009, 17:29
This is kinda off-topic; my apologies.

I'm about to build a new PC (Core i7 with 6GB of RAM) exclusively for RipBot and BD-RB usage, and was wondering whether Windows XP 32-bit is still the safest and most reliable choice. I was toying with the idea of installing Windows 7 64-bit, but won't install it if you guys tell me RipBot won't work on it properly. So how about it?

I personally am thinking about switching back to x32 on my HTPCs when I get the final W7. I have my HTPCs working fine with W7 RC x64 but I am getting tired of always having to take extra steps or check to make sure I am pulling the right x64 codecs, program compatibility, etc.... My desktop PC runs Vista x32 (where I do all my ripping/encoding/testing, etc...) without issue. Funny you mention this as in my last post on my blog I made a sidenote about seriously considering moving back to x32.

However, and I don't want to dissuade you from x64, but W7 x64 should work properly with Ripbot

oldjoe911
3rd August 2009, 17:50
Excellent tool! One question: ripbot264 complaints that I don't have ffdshow rev xxxx installed, but since I am using ffdsdshow tryouts instead, I just disabled the warning in the ini and carried on. Will this have any complications?
I am very reluctant about installing the outdated ffdshow on top of the newer ffdshow tryouts.

Ajax_Undone
3rd August 2009, 17:57
Um its always best to use the latest ffdshow tryouts from the devs home http://ffdshow.info The reason is because it will generally work better..

The Revision number is the last one that was checked out as working by the Dev of ripbot264... Its best to use the most up to date releases to keep from having issues...

This (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/SVN%20builds%20by%20albain/icl10%20builds/ffdshow_rev3052_20090803_dbt.exe/download) is the latest build to come from the stack..

colinhunt
3rd August 2009, 18:16
However, and I don't want to dissuade you from x64, but W7 x64 should work properly with Ripbot
Thank you Damian. I think it might be wisest to do a multiboot with Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. If I run into any problems with RipBot & BD-RB on Win7, it would be pretty easy to switch over to XP 32-bit.

dbone1026
3rd August 2009, 18:25
Thank you Damian. I think it might be wisest to do a multiboot with Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. If I run into any problems with RipBot & BD-RB on Win7, it would be pretty easy to switch over to XP 32-bit.

Get the W7 RC x64 while you can (I think you can still download and get a key through mid August). This will be a good test before you actually shell out money. Of course you could also try W7 RC x32.

mackworth
4th August 2009, 13:11
Excellent tool! One question: ripbot264 complaints that I don't have ffdshow rev xxxx installed, but since I am using ffdsdshow tryouts instead, I just disabled the warning in the ini and carried on. Will this have any complications?
I am very reluctant about installing the outdated ffdshow on top of the newer ffdshow tryouts.

Its not complaining because you don't have ffdshow, its complaining because your copy of ffdshow tryouts is too old. Update the tryouts version and it won't complain.

Shuichiro
4th August 2009, 23:24
Thank you so much for the update of this great applic!

I just did a quick test and found out that resizing is now set to x534 (720p) on movies with 2,40:1 aspect ratio (as mentioned in the changelog for custom resizing). When I use custom without locking it to that ratio I cannot change it to the x534. Only 532 or 536 is available.
What resizing values do you suggest for a 2,40:1 movie?

Atak_Snajpera
5th August 2009, 00:07
....x534 because it is closer to original aspect ratio.
1280/534 = ~2.397 -> 2.40 - 2.397 = 0.003
1280/532 = ~2.406 -> 2.40 - 2.406 = -0.006

If you want correct values always use locked aspect ratio instead of unlocked.

Shuichiro
5th August 2009, 00:09
Thank you for the quick answer. I thought it was because of that reason but was getting unsure becuz of the different setting options for the two custom settings.

blinx23
5th August 2009, 06:29
Not sure what happened, but after a recent hardware upgrade I lost my ability to select xxxx Stream Copy xxxx for audio-- I figured it was worth reinstalling avisynth, ffdshow, and haali, but that didn't seem to have any effect - still no stream copy in the drop down menu. Here are logs from my most recent try. This one's dts-ma, but the same thing happens on ones with truehd.

from video - log

1: Chapters, 13 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: VC-1, 480p24 /1.001 (3:2)
4: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB)
5: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: DTS Express, English, 2.0 channels, 16 bits, 192kbps, 48khz
7: Subtitle (PGS), English
8: Subtitle (PGS), French
9: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
10: Subtitle (PGS), French
11: Subtitle (PGS), English
12: Subtitle (PGS), French
[a04] The ArcSoft and Sonic decoders don't seem to work, will use libav instead.
[a04] The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information. <WARNING>
Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Extracting DTS core...
[a04] Removing DTS dialog normalization...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Reducing depth from 64 to 16 bits...
[a04] Writing WAV...
[a04] Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dtsma.wav"...
[a04] Clipping detected, a 2nd pass will be necessary. <WARNING>
[a04] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 64 bits.
[a04] The processed audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a04] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 4GB. <WARNING>
[a04] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 7ms at playtime 0:00:04. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 0:06:11. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 10ms at playtime 0:21:15. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 0:24:27. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 8ms at playtime 0:48:17. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 0:52:57. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 0:55:00. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 1:25:35. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 10ms at playtime 1:27:40. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 8ms at playtime 1:58:34. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 2:20:44. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 2:23:33. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 7ms at playtime 2:36:08. <WARNING>
[a04] Audio overlaps for 5ms at playtime 2:43:03. <WARNING>
[a04] The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information. <WARNING>
[a04] Starting 2nd pass...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Extracting DTS core...
[a04] Removing DTS dialog normalization...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Reducing depth from 64 to 16 bits...
[a04] Writing WAV...
[a04] Realizing RAW/PCM gaps...
[a04] Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dtsma.wav"...
[a04] The processed audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a04] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 4GB. <WARNING>
[a04] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly. <WARNING>
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 270490 frames.
Video track 3 contains 270490 frames.
eac3to processing took 53 minutes, 47 seconds.
Done.

Blackwalker
5th August 2009, 19:57
Thanks for the update Atak,
but maybe i miss something.....where is the "Blu-ray" option as Output????????????
(Blu-ray output with structure)

i see only mp4, mkv and avchd...

PS:

- i dont understand....yesterday i make a blu-ray disk using the version 1.14.2 or 1.14.1, dont remember which one,
but i had blu-ray output as option (maybe i'm going crazy!!), or this have something to do with the ffdshow or Avisynth
or MatroskaSplitter or ....what??

- if its only avaliable the "avchd" as output i think not all blu-ray player will play the avchd format (i think)

someone PLZ can give me the light!!!!!!!!! :(
i'm going crazy now!!!!

thx!

cgp-2k9
6th August 2009, 08:44
@Atak_Snajpera: I just wanted to say thank you for this great application, been using since I've discovered it a while back and I'm talking about second or third of your builds, can't remember. Keep up the good work and thanks for the updates.

@Blackwalker: No, you are not going crazy, Atak_Snajpera has changed the name option from Blu-ray to avchd a couple of builds ago, if memory serves me right. You will still get the Blu-ray structure if you use this option. Nothing has changed, only the name is changed.

Blackwalker
6th August 2009, 10:31
only the name is changed? you mean the output have always a "blu-ray" structure?
cause the output structure of a real avchd is different and not all blu-ray player stand alone support it!!!

Atak_Snajpera
6th August 2009, 20:46
only the name is changed? you mean the output have always a "blu-ray" structure?
cause the output structure of a real avchd is different and not all blu-ray player stand alone support it!!!
I changed name because old 'blu-ray' was in fact avchd. I just replaced one bitmap...:)

Blackwalker
6th August 2009, 22:35
I changed name because old 'blu-ray' was in fact avchd. I just replaced one bitmap...:)

thx for the answer.

but now i have to think that all my movie cannot work on all
stand alone blu-ray?

because, if you say "old 'blu-ray' was in fact avchd", this mean
that the struture is/was an "avchd struture" and not a real "blu-ray struture"....

this is correct? :eek:

duramaximus
6th August 2009, 23:40
I have noticed that my player will not play the new structure.

I just use tsMuxeR and convert to Blu-ray and it plays just fine.

I have a sony bdp350.

prettyboy85712
7th August 2009, 01:06

I have a sony bdp350.
I just created a new AVCHD disk from a Blu-ray rip with 14.3 and it plays fine in my BDPS1. Did you try going back to 14.2.?

duramaximus
7th August 2009, 01:50
I just created a new AVCHD disk from a Blu-ray rip with 14.3 and it plays fine in my BDPS1. Did you try going back to 14.2.?

I have never went back to try the previous versions.

Its pretty quick to use tsMuxeR so its no big deal to me.

Blackwalker
7th August 2009, 04:58
i think there is nothing to laught at!!! when you say:

Atak, did you say in the first post or in this thread, somewhere, that the output is a "avchd output" and not a "blu-ray" output?
so i waste all my blank blu-ray? :angry:

illestdomer2005
7th August 2009, 05:21
i think there is nothing to laught at!!! when you say:

Atak, did you say in the first post or in this thread, somewhere, that the output is a "avchd output" and not a "blu-ray" output?
so i waste all my blank blu-ray? :angry:

I'll have to confirm, but I am pretty sure the AVCHD files I've been generating play on stand-alone BD players. My gf's parents have a Panny that plays them just fine, and I have a PS3 that has no trouble...although I know it is probably more friendly than some. It appears to have an identical structure to the previous .bluray outputs from RipBot. My PS3 and other stand-alone players have always identified the discs as "AVCHD" whether the files were .bluray or .AVCHD files from RipBot.

I hope that helps, but all that matters is your machine obviously.

duramaximus
7th August 2009, 05:53

I have a sony bdp350.

Ooooops,

I made a mistake.

I am not sure if it was my stand alone player or PowerDVD that would not play this structure. The more I think about it, it is powerDVD that did not play it.

After all my conversions I use imgburn to build an .iso. I then mount the img and play it with powerDVD to verify the audio and subtitles.

Sorry I said my BDP-350 would not play it, my bad :o

Blackwalker
7th August 2009, 07:08
I'll have to confirm, but I am pretty sure the AVCHD files I've been generating play on stand-alone BD players. My gf's parents have a Panny that plays them just fine, and I have a PS3 that has no trouble...although I know it is probably more friendly than some. It appears to have an identical structure to the previous .bluray outputs from RipBot. My PS3 and other stand-alone players have always identified the discs as "AVCHD" whether the files were .bluray or .AVCHD files from RipBot.

I hope that helps, but all that matters is your machine obviously.

It appears to have an identical structure to the previous .bluray outputs from RipBot....what?

do you read what Atak say before?
"old 'blu-ray' was in fact avchd"

so the structure has never been a true blu-ray structure!
it was/is a AVCHD, like in the previous versions!

Atak use a PS3 (i also own a PS3, but also other blu-ray stand alone players), maybe thats why he developed this
application, for PS3.

The bad thing is that he should post this in CAPITAL letters
in the first page, in the current and in all previous
version of this program, that the output is not a "true" blu-ray
structure but a avchd structure!

bha!.....:mad:

RainyDog
7th August 2009, 08:02
Whiskey, I'm getting exactly the same problem on my Vista64 set-up. When trying to add a .264 file the new version just hangs. There seems to be plenty of HD activity as if it's actually crunching the information, but doesn't display 'Gathering Informations...' at the bottom nor does it eventually open the file (I've left it for 20 mins trying). No codecs installed except ffdshow. Funnily enough, it will open .m2v files...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ffdshow, Haali and Avisynth, plus upgraded to the latest SVN 3036 ffdhow tryout but nothing there either. I even cleaned out my Ripbot cutom profiles and overwrote my .ini for a complete clean slate, but still no dice. Went back v1.14.2 and everything worked fine again...

Anything else I could try? Cheers in advance to anybody for any pointers.

Update on my situation with the new version... Still won't load raw .264 streams, but will accept them if they're pre-muxed into a .ts or .m2ts file. The previous version is fine with either so it is still strange...but at least I can use the latest version now.

Would just like to say thanks for the new Inverse Telecine option, Atak. Tested it on a few episodes of The Wire from the R1 DVD's and it works perfectly. Exactly what I needed as the previous field deinterlacing options didn't yield the right results.

Ajax_Undone
7th August 2009, 08:16
Thanks for the update Atak,
but maybe i miss something.....where is the "Blu-ray" option as Output????????????
(Blu-ray output with structure)

i see only mp4, mkv and avchd...

PS:

- i dont understand....yesterday i make a blu-ray disk using the version 1.14.2 or 1.14.1, dont remember which one,
but i had blu-ray output as option (maybe i'm going crazy!!), or this have something to do with the ffdshow or Avisynth
or MatroskaSplitter or ....what??

- if its only avaliable the "avchd" as output i think not all blu-ray player will play the avchd format (i think)

someone PLZ can give me the light!!!!!!!!! :(
i'm going crazy now!!!!

thx!

The light is that they are one and the same use AVCHD and you will be fine...:D

~DarC

Atak_Snajpera
7th August 2009, 13:07
Atak use a PS3 (i also own a PS3, but also other blu-ray stand alone players), maybe thats why he developed this
application, for PS3.

I also tested on Samsung BD-P1600 and it works without any problems. FF ,RWD all works fast and stable.

The bad thing is that he should post this in CAPITAL letters
in the first page, in the current and in all previous
version of this program, that the output is not a "true" blu-ray
structure but a avchd structure!

Blu-ray output was evolving in tsmuxer. At the beginning it was just "Blu-Ray Disc" but after months people discovered that from technical point of view structure is closer to AVCHD. Then Roman (tsmuxer authos) was convinced to create "true Blu-ray Disc structure" . However this so called true structure is even less compatible with players!
There are players which require strict AVCHD structure. (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144674). If you are not satisfied go to store and check which blu-ray players play files generated in RipBot264.

Still won't load raw .264 streams, but will accept them if they're pre-muxed into a .ts or .m2ts file. The previous version is fine with either so it is still strange...but at least I can use the latest version now.
Replace DGAVCDec folder from older working version.

Blackwalker
7th August 2009, 19:35
ok, thx for the clear answers Ajax and Atak! =)

duramaximus
7th August 2009, 20:18
First of all I just wanted to thank you again for a terrific program.

My goal from the start was to find a way to strip off all of the fluff and shrink down a bluray to fit on a dvd-r or a dl dvd-r.

I use these both on my stand alone player and on my HTPC's.

Your GUI, in my opionion, is the best out there and I hope you keep up the great work for a long time.

Thanks again,

Duramaximus

blinx23
8th August 2009, 05:20
Not sure what happened, but after a recent hardware upgrade I lost my ability to select xxxx Stream Copy xxxx for audio-- I figured it was worth reinstalling avisynth, ffdshow, and haali, but that didn't seem to have any effect - still no stream copy in the drop down menu. Here are logs from my most recent try. This one's dts-ma, but the same thing happens on ones with truehd.

video - log -- see post 5458 didn't wanna post the whole log here again.. any ideas atak? I know its gotta be somethin stupid, any ideas?

RainyDog
8th August 2009, 11:24
Replace DGAVCDec folder from older working version.

Thanks Atak...but just tried it and still won't open raw .264 streams.

Atak_Snajpera
8th August 2009, 22:33
@blinx23
[a04] The ArcSoft and Sonic decoders don't seem to work, will use libav instead.

First of all your ArcSoft decoder does not work. I suppose you forgot to copy checkactivate.dll to system path (c:\windows\system32 for example)
If you fix this then check FLAC option. eac3to will convert DTS-MA (lossless) to FLAC (lossless as well but better compression!). Once you have FLAC audio then Copy Stream will show up.

Thanks Atak...but just tried it and still won't open raw .264 streams.
At least it works on my machines. Windows 7 (x86/x64) , Vista x86.

mackworth
9th August 2009, 17:14
Does anyone have any experience using ripbot with a quadcore AMD Phenom 9600?

I am looking at building a cheap encoder/player for my brother who is a teacher (limited butdget).

I use a Q9300 overlocked to 3ghz and it takes me about 5-7 hours to encode a bluray at 1080p, QF of 22, audio to flac.

I am not looking to build something that can do 5-7 hours, but under 20 would be great.

Pensive
9th August 2009, 19:59

I have now tried MakeMKV, which just crashes, hangs, reboots my pc, or interprets the ripped stream as 200 mb in size.

I laso tried manually mkvmerging....no luck yet.

I also tried ClownBD which gets me a lot closer but it wont put it into MKV for me (which my telly is uber-good at playing).

With .TS files, the telly plays the video stream but never the audio even though it understands AC3 eytc. etc.

MKV is the only way forward, and I am convinced that RipBot is the best beasty for the job.....Anyone else got any other suggestions? I'm getting a bit disheartened having failed so many times......I'm now manually MKVMerging the files from the temp folder of ClownBD......I just want to hit the buttons and go......I'll pray this 20th transcode works ok.

If not I'll just shrink them to 15gb with ripbot because the outputs from ripbot just work every time....

Atak_Snajpera
9th August 2009, 22:45
Does anyone have any experience using ripbot with a quadcore AMD Phenom 9600?
instead of AMD I would buy Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2,33Ghz. It is a little bit more expensive but you can get even 3,2Ghz on default voltage! (if you have proper memory of course:)

mackworth
10th August 2009, 00:39
instead of AMD I would buy Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2,33Ghz. It is a little bit more expensive but you can get even 3,2Ghz on default voltage! (if you have proper memory of course:)

Yeah, unfortunately I probably couldn't swing that for him.

The Phenom 9600 is ~90 and the Q8200 is ~160. Almost twice as much in the states.

Most of the benchmarks I find on the net for x264 are hard to compare to ripbot given the different input files most tests use compared to 1080p bluray rips.

8ternity
10th August 2009, 05:16
Hi Atak_Snajpera,

I just remark the problem of audio and video time code delay is only the same trouble (DTS audio time lench and Video time audio is unsync.

I reformat hard drive; reinstall windows genuine oem windows with sp1, make all updates, install ffdshow clsid 3453rev, 2.5.8avisynth, matroska, ripbot 1.14.2... everything updated.

Still got the same trouble with many bluray project in DTS.

THanks.

Ajax_Undone
10th August 2009, 06:23
Hey 8ternity try RipBot v1.14.3 OK

~DarC

Atak_Snajpera
10th August 2009, 07:08
he Phenom 9600 is ~90 and the Q8200 is ~160. Almost twice as much in the states.
In Poland Q8200 is only 25% more expensive than AMD Phenom Quad-Core 9650 BOX.

@8ternity
Your CPU is to slow. Period.

Hyrax
10th August 2009, 07:15
I have now tried MakeMKV...If not I'll just shrink them to 15gb with ripbot because the outputs from ripbot just work every time.

This may work:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1309860#post1309860

Pensive
10th August 2009, 12:30
This may work:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1309860#post1309860

Yeah I can get the streams out no problem; Its putting them back in to a working MKV which is problematic.

I've used the EAC3TO gui before, not tried this particular one.

I actually succeeded last night in merging an MKV which stayed in sync. The audio stream was AC3 which I know the telly understands, but it told me the video stream was the wrong type on one. Gonna play with a few 4CC's but if it doesnt work I think it spells the end of my attempts - My telly simply doesnt like some of these stream formats you find on blu-ray.

Till now I'd assumed it was just the container that was the problem. Off topic..........this discussion now belongs elsewhere. Thanks for your help though.

Interestingly, the author has tested AVCHD on a Sammy BD-P1600. My new one turns up tomorrow, I dont have a burner at the moment but AVCHD transcoding sounds like the way forward then, albeit a 15 hour slog......

Atak_Snajpera
10th August 2009, 17:21
Interestingly, the author has tested AVCHD on a Sammy BD-P1600. My new one turns up tomorrow, I dont have a burner at the moment but AVCHD transcoding sounds like the way forward then, albeit a 15 hour slog......
You don't have DVD burner?!? You can use DVD-DL as well instead of BD. Samsung 1600 is not bad but has one small problem which could be fixed by new firmware. It does not like movies encoded @24fps (movie butterfly on wheel for example). Video freezes (but sound is going) every 40 seconds for 10 seconds. 23.976 works without problems.

Pensive
10th August 2009, 19:46
Yeah I have a DVD burner; The thing is If I have to transcode it, I can play it back direct through my telly right of the portable hard disk - I wanted to lossless rip it but it wasnt to be :(

I bet I get better playback quality from the blu ray player though (with regard to post processing of artefacts and block smoothing etc.), with the same video encode.

Now that would be an interesting experiment......

mleteng
10th August 2009, 20:32
Hi.
First of all, thank you for this superb tool.

Now, i'm having trouble converting some videos. From what i have read on various posts here it could be some ffdshow trouble.

MKV files seems to have no trouble at all, but when i run a avi file with h264 or xvid codec trough ripbot, it runs past demuxing audio stream, then it just stops on "Please Wait, gathering information".
It does not move past this point, nor this it generate any error message(that i can see).

I've tried many times to reinstall ffdshow, avisynth and hali media splitter like previous posts tells us to do, also deleting the remaining files in program files, but nothing seems to work.
This problem is in both 1.13.3 and the new release 1.14.3.

Im running windows 7 64bit 7600. Clean install.
The only thing i did that may have disturbed something is to uninstall windows media player. I have reinstalled this now, but still the same trouble.

I've been searching though this thread for an answer but i just couldnt find anything that could help me.
I would really appretiate any hints that could help me locate the error.

tormento
11th August 2009, 09:49
@Atak_Snajpera

Do you mind give some support to Neuron2 incredibly good NVTools? ;)

Thanks..

Wishbringer
11th August 2009, 14:50
@Atak_Snajpera:

I have some DVD 720x576i50 sources (Pal interlaced TV-Episodes = Farscape Season 1-4)
and want to put them onto BD-R (each BD a Season of 22 Episodes)

Concept was:
- Recode with Ripbot to AVCHD with size of 1083MB per Episode
- Create Menu with multiAVCHD as AVCHD onto BD-R

After first step I found an issue: Ripbot encodes them as progressive.
AVCHD standard allows 720x576 in h264, but only interlaced (Panasonic BD35 video output went black with progressive material)

So is there a way to let Ripbot encode stream interlaced?

Atak_Snajpera
11th August 2009, 17:10
After first step I found an issue: Ripbot encodes them as progressive.
AVCHD standard allows 720x576 in h264, but only interlaced (Panasonic BD35 video output went black with progressive material)
Did you try 23.976p as well?

So is there a way to let Ripbot encode stream interlaced?
not yet.

Do you mind give some support to Neuron2 incredibly good NVTools?
no.

Wishbringer
11th August 2009, 21:38
Did you try 23.976p as well?
Yes, I tried 24p and 23.976p too.
For 720x576(480) only interlaced content is defined in AVCHD standard.
And Panny is known for strictly usage of this defs.
25p (Pal) content plays well on PS3 for example.

My workaround till now is to upscale to 120x720p25. that works (but is not what I want)

Atak_Snajpera
11th August 2009, 22:59
Wishbringer
try to just add --interlaced switch to your favourite profile and then save using different name for example Keep Interlace.

JungleBoy
11th August 2009, 23:32
BBC HD changed their encoders on 5th Aug 2009 which seems to have broken RipBot264.
Transmitted video bitrate is now 9.4Mbps (was 16Mbps) h264.
Transmitted audio bitrate is now 192Kbps (was 384Kbps) ac3.

Here's 49 seconds of TS (1440x1080i 25fps 9.4Mbps) from the Nicholas Crane's Britannia part 1.
Britannia.ts (58.87 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmzutjwzjmw

Here's my non-working MKV from RipBot264 v1.14.3
Britannia-RipBot264.mkv (19.77 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qdm0tzunijn
(the Britannia_new.m2ts file from tsmuxerGUI plays ok)

Here's my working MKV from meGUI v0.3.1.1053
Britannia-meGUI.mkv (19.88 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z50z2jmnnvu
(Demux the TS using DGA (dgavcindex) to give ac3 file and create 264 file using spec below. Mux 264 and ac3 into mkv)

The spec is in both cases is:
MKV, 2 pass, video bitrate=3216Kbps, audio=no change, frame size=1280x720, de-interlace=TFF 25FPS

The RipBot264 version is a complete mess. On the meGUI version you'll see some strange square noise blobs occur at 8 seconds. You won't see these blobs in the TS file but you do see what looks like noise occasionally if you move the progress bar around. This noise never happened before they changed the encoders.

The meGUI used AVC Level 4.1 where as RipBot264 used Level 4.0 but this could be a red herring.

RipBot264 v1.14.3 is using x264_x86.exe r1195M
meGUI is using x264.exe r1206 (manually updated from www.x264.nl)

I used TS Packet Editor v0.755 Beta to create the TS file.
FFDshow tryouts is "revision 3054 Jul 31 2009".
Haali splitter v1.9.42.1
I'm using MPC-HC v1.2.908.0 media player with ffdshow to play all the files.
The capture software is TSReader.
The encoding PC is a Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz with 2Gbytes of RAM running Windows XP SP2.

Here's a comparision of TS files before and after the change of the BBC HD encoders using Media Info:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/34blw/bbc-hd-encoder-changes.jpg

The profile is apparently unchanged.
The ReFrames has changed from 2 to 4.
The Scan Type has changed from MBAFF to Interlaced TFF.
Both video and audio bitrates have dropped.
The BBC have stated that the picture quality has improved but all I see is lower bitrates - maybe I'm missing something.
Maybe the CABAC coding has changed.
The BBC are trying to squeeze HD over DVB-T sometime at the end of 2009 so I assume this is to keep a common transmission format.

Atak_Snajpera
12th August 2009, 11:14
Here's 49 seconds of TS (1440x1080i 25fps 9.4Mbps) from the Nicholas Crane's Britannia part 1.
Britannia.ts (58.87 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmzutjwzjmw

Despite interlaced flag this source is in fact pure progressive. So don't deinterlace! Broadcasters tend to flag everything as interlaced so always rely on your own eyes.
1) If you see comb effect all the time then source is interlaced
2) if you see comb effect from time to time then source was telecined (very common used in NTSC world for movies)
3) if you don't see any artefacts then your source must be progressive

The RipBot264 version is a complete mess. On the meGUI version you'll see some strange square noise blobs occur at 8 seconds. You won't see these blobs in the TS file but you do see what looks like noise occasionally if you move the progress bar around. This noise never happened before they changed the encoders.
When I encoded your sample it looks ok
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fdotxrwynoy/Britannia.mkv

I can only suggest to reinstall ffdshow and other necessary tools.

JungleBoy
12th August 2009, 12:17
Thanks - your results look better.

deets
12th August 2009, 17:12
Thanks - that looks much better.

the bbc output is being very picky in everything, i get the blocking in dvbviewer and then have to rebuild the graph for it to work.

thanks bbc, just when i had it all sorted out :(

JungleBoy
12th August 2009, 18:27
I re-installed AviSynth 2.5.8, FFDShow 3054, and Haali 1.9.42.1

I encoded again with RipBot264 1.14.3 with no de-interlacing.
The result is the same, garbled picture.

I encoded with meGUI with no de-interlacing.
Again the result is the same as before - noisy picture at 8 seconds but otherwise watchable.

Tried switching FFDShow H264/AVC setting from libavcodec to ffmpeg-mt, no difference, switched back to libavcodec.

If you could give us any more information how to managed to create your MKV I'd be grateful, like the exact version of FFDShow your using.